Promises by Little Loony
Summary: Marauders era. A little drama, a little romance and hopefully a few laughs. Caution contains a little bit of swearing. Don't just read and run, leave a review.
Categories: Various Pairings Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 20669 Read: 26200 Published: 01/12/05 Updated: 02/14/05

1. Chapter 1 It Starts by Little Loony

2. The bottom drops off. by Little Loony

3. They're all going on a summer holiday by Little Loony

4. Melted Mars Bars by Little Loony

5. Mr Moony by Little Loony

6. A Time to grow up by Little Loony

7. A proposal and Accusation and A Wedding and A Gift by Little Loony

8. Making Amends by Little Loony

Chapter 1 It Starts by Little Loony
Disclaimer: This is JKR's garden. I am just playing in it. I own nothing, please don't sue.

A/N:All comments contructive or otherwise are appreciated greatly.

“I promise.” His mother said as she left to go to the shop. “I promise.” His father said as he left to go to work. Those two little words meant nothing to Remus now; he had heard them said so much as he grew up they sounded hollow to him. The worst I promise came on the night of his first transformation “I promise I won’t leave you alone” said his mother. He heard the key rattle in the door of his room…his cell as it came to be. Remus lay on the mattress that his mother and father gave him to sleep on, hoping maybe that it wouldn’t be that bad, hoping that he wouldn’t be in much pain, hoping that maybe just maybe he would just sleep through it. Remus sat and waited, a young boy sat crying waiting for the pain to start, waiting for the moon to rise. Totally and utterly alone, all he wanted was for his mum to say it will be alright for his dad to give him a hug and for his mum to hold his hand until the very last moment.

**
Remus woke with a start he didn’t know where he was. He hated it when he woke up and didn’t remember where he was and why he was there. He looked around his cell a dingy little white washed room with little rust coloured blood splatters on the walls. Bars on the windows and plaster crumbling from the frame where the wolf had tried ripping the bars off the windows to get out. The walls had been clawed and the mattress was in bits, the pointless curtains that his mum put up were in tatters…again “Mum must be sick of buying mattresses and curtains you would have thought that she had taken the hint by now” he muttered to himself . He stood up and stumbled to the door and hit the wall with an already aching shoulder and continued gingerly on his way to the solid oak door. “Mum!” he yelled through the door.
“Hang on dear I’ll be up in a minute I am just getting the post”. Anna Lupin shouted back “Goodness me Ray come and see this!” Remus heard his mother exclaim, she never swore he thought with a small smile.
“What on earth…”Remus heard his father say.
“What!” Remus shouted in frustration.
“Son you got in to Hogwarts!” shouted Remus’ father thundering up the stairs.
The sheer joy that over came Remus at that moment was unlike anything he had ever felt before; he could have jumped for joy. “Let me out for god sake I want to read my letter”.

Ray and Anna Lupin raced to let their only son out of his room. Anna hated putting him in there and Ray was as equally loathed to do it but the Ravenclaw in him took over when times of his wife’s Hufflepuff “softness” shone through. They had tried so hard for a child in the early years of their marriage with many an unsuccessful attempt they had all but given up when Little Remus had come along. And at only four years old he was nearly taken from them when he had suffered his bite. They had rushed him to St Sebastian’s hospital when their little holiday to the Isle of Wight had gone completely wrong. The Medi-witches at St Sebastians hadn’t been prepared for something like this but they healed him as best as they could have and transferred Remus to St Mungo’s. Anna still remembered how brave Remus had been. He barely cried and for a child of four to suffer something as horrific as that and not even shed a tear that was no mean feat. Ray and Anna had told Remus that when he grew up and got in to Hogwarts that there would be a place in Gryffindor for him because he was so brave. At the time neither had even dreamed that he would live through the night and here he was eleven years old and shouting at the top of his lungs for his Hogwarts letter. Ray was still grinning when he yanked open the door.

The barrage of comments that hit Remus were, at first unintelligible gibberish as they walked down stairs and into the yellow and white kitchen. Until one comment by his mother cut through the din. “Remus the headmaster has written saying that they have taken the proper precautions and you can attend Hogwarts. Isn’t that wonderful?” said his mother.

Remus felt like someone had dumped ice water over his head. “Yeah great” said Remus rather unenthusiastically. “Just another way they can make me feel like a freak, like I don’t feel like one already.” He sat and sulked glaring at the chequered yellow table clothe his mother had put on the kitchen table. At this Remus’ mother said “oh darling I am sure that you won’t feel like a freak they will make it as normal as possible. I promise.”

***
Remus was put on to the Hogwarts express and it was on this journey he met three life changing people.

Aime Hunter sat on the train hoping just to get to Hogwarts in one piece. She was so worried that she would not fit in, that she would not get along with anyone. She sat alone in her train compartment her head leaning against the cool glass of the window. Aime felt nauseous. If the nerves didn’t get her the motion sickness would, she hated travelling. Aime looked out of the window at the scenery whizzing past her window “Oh bad idea.” She thought to herself. Aime looked around at the train compartment. The little table next to the window was about 2” by 2” and on it currently resided her little white cat Gitte. The little cat looked up at her owner and meowed forlornly. “I know it boring Gitte. But it could be worse; there could be dog in here.” Aime looked around for something to do; she caught sight of her book bag under the table. Aime disappeared under the table and rummaged in her bag look for a copy of which broomstick or the quibbler but nothing. “ I’d settle for Play-witch weekly if I thought the pictures would be any good.” She mumbled to an bemused looking cat. The door of the train compartment clicked. Aime looked up to see who was invading her little sanctuary. In walked a boy. A tall skinny boy with black mussed up hair and glasses, closely followed by a chubby boy with pale watery eyes and blonde hair.

“Do you mind if we sit here every where else is full.” The boy with the untidy hair asked.

“Not at all” she said.

The two boys put their belongings on the luggage racks.“I’m James by the way. James Potter. And this is my friend Peter Pettigrew.” The boy now identified as James said.

“Hi my name is Aime, nice to meet you. Nice broomstick by the way. I didn’t know first years were allowed to bring brooms.”

“Well technically we aren’t but I’m sure that they could bend the rules just a little bit.” James replied, full of confidence.

“Which House do you want to be sorted into Aime? I want to go in Gryffindor. Mummy says that red is my colour. She always puts me in red when she dresses me up” Said Peter sitting up and pushing out his chest as though this was the best thing in the world.

“Mummy? Peter. How old are you exactly? And your Mum still dresses you?” James said.

“Well which house do you want to be sorted into James?” asked Aime trying to turn the scornful glare away from Peter, at least for a while.

“ Well I wouldn’t mind Ravenclaw. But I think it has to be Gryffindor like my Dad. What about you Aime?”

“Erm I’m not sure. Maybe Hufflepuff. But I really don’t know to be quite honest with you I’m Muggleborn so I’m not sure which house I would fit in.”
Much discussion about which house they all wanted to be in. Aime decided that she didn’t much like the sounds of Slytherin. She was terrified of snakes. When the conversation turned to what they had to do to get into the houses. James had said that his cousin had told him that he had to fight a fully grown mountain troll Aime went a different shade of pale. Peter said that his aunt’s best friends cousin had to wrestle a centaur. “Surely they wouldn’t try to kill us on our first day?” Said Aime looking even sicker than she had when James and Peter had first walked in.

“I don’t know I think I would enjoy fighting a fully grown mountain troll.” said James.

“You might not be saying that when you see the size of them” said a very good looking boy who was stood in the doorway of the compartment. At the noise a sleeping Gitte had been startled and had launched herself hissing and spitting at the intruder on to poor James’ knee.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” Said the good looking boy as he observed the commotion.

“No problem” said Aime through gritted teeth as she tried to pry Gitte off James lap.

“Of course you can” Answered James

Peter just sat and grinned at the newcomer.

“How rude of me” said the boy catching Aime’s eye “I’m Sirius Black” he said extending Aime his hand.

“Aime Hunter.” She replied shaking it.

Remus had gotten to the train later than he would have liked. Now there were no seats left ‘fantastic’ he thought to himself as he dragged his trunk and belongings down the train. He got to the last compartment of the train, he looked in the window he saw three boys and a girl sat in there.

A skinny boy with black hair and glasses, a chubby boy with ratty features, a tall dark haired boy who was quite good looking and finally Remus looked at the girl. She had dark brown hair, she was quite pale but not ill looking although she did look as though she was going to throw up all over the good looking boy’s shoes. She’s quite pretty actually she’s probably going out with the boy with the glasses. All of them were talking and laughing at the good-looking boy who was gesturing wildly. I can’t go in there. I can’t go in there. They look the best of friends how well is that going to go down if I just walk in totally uninvited. I could get my arse kicked. Remus stood and looked through the glass at the laughing friends and went to move on.

Unfortunately his battered old trunk had other ideas and as he pulled, it stayed firmly put. He tugged and tugged with all his might but just as the door behind him opened the trunks saw fit to release its hold on the carpet. It sent poor Remus flying backwards into the compartment and he landed in a crumpled heap on top of one of the occupants. “Oh I’m sorry I didn’t realise the door was open” said Remus instantly

“Ow” said the girl. “It’s ok really. It could have been worse.”

The good looking boy helped her up as the boy with glasses hauled him off the floor. “I’m really really sorry. I’ll just grab my stuff and go.” Mumbled Remus gathering his scattered belongings from the floor.

“No really it’s ok you can share this compartment with us.” The girl said. Crouching down to pick up his copy of Hogwarts: A History.

“Yeah. I don’t think that there are any free seats anyway. That’s why I got stuck in here” Said the good looking boy dusting him off.

“What’s your name?” The boy with the glasses asked. Handing Remus his chocolate frog.

“Remus Lupin.” Replied Remus.

“I’m Peter.” Said the chubby blonde boy pocketing a few of Remus’ every flavour beans.

“Let the man sit down.” Said the good looking boy.

Remus deposited his trunk and book bag on the luggage rack and sat down next to Peter.
“I am Aime. This is Sirius” she said indicating the boy with the jet black hair. “That is James” she said pointing to the boy with glasses. “They were just arguing the finer points of Quidditch with me. James was trying to explain the Wronski feint. Any ideas”

“Well. I’m not sure of quite how it looks but the basic idea is that you sort of tilt the broom into a dive and hope that the other seeker sort of copies you. Thinking that you have seen the snitch. You pull out of the dive at the last second and they go into the grounding like a fucking dart.”

Aime laughed and Remus’ jaw dropped she had the most beautiful smile, she finished laughing and looked straight at him he knew he had been staring and he felt the blush creep up his neck and into he cheeks. “look away…quick” thought Remus.

“Well Remus. I think that is the most accurate description of the Wronski Feint that I have ever heard.” Said James

As the journey proceeded Remus felt like he could really talk to all of the people he was sharing the compartment with, Sirius was a joker and James and he seemed to just click together Aime was smart and funny and Peter well Remus wasn’t sure of him but he was sure he was nice enough once you got to know him. The five of them just got on like a house on fire.

On arrival at Hogwarts. They all got of the train and went to the boats.
“Boats!” Exclaimed Aime “ We’re going on boats, I hate water I hate boats I hate boats in water. I think I will walk”
The bottom drops off. by Little Loony
Disclaimer: You know the drill by now. It’s not mine it’s J K Rowling’s I mean no offence, I make no money doing this. Please don’t sue.

A/N: I hope that you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Again all comment are welcome constructive or otherwise.

After the initial protests of one Aime Hunter the gang eventually got onto the boats. Since the boats only held 4 students Sirius went and got one on his own. An apparently uneventful trip across the lake ensued and the dishevelled first years arrived at Hogwarts cold, and hungry. They were greeted by a tall witch dressed in a green dress with shoulder length light brown hair and a very stern look about her.

“Hi” Sirius whispered once he had rejoined his friend
“’Lo” Said Remus.
“Welcome to Hogwarts.” The witch began “My Name is Professor McGonagall. First of all there will be no troll fighting as some of you have been led to believe. So you can all stop panicking.” There was sudden rush of air from the relived first years. “Now if you will all follow me you will be sorted into your houses.” Professor McGonagall turned on her heel and headed towards the great hall. Peter who had been clinging on to James and Remus for support let out a sigh of relief. “I told you that they wouldn’t try and kill us on our first day.” Aime whispered.

The Great hall was a sight to behold. The tables stretched the full length of the hall above them suspended in mid air were green flags at the far left with a picture of a silver snake on them. Next to that were blue flags emblazoned with a picture of a bronze Eagle. Next to that were yellow flags with a picture or a black badger on them and at the extreme right were red flags with a picture of a golden lion. At the end of the hall in front of a huge fire place there was the head table where all the teachers sat. At the far left there was an elderly looking wizard with short grey wavy hair and a goatee beard. He was smiling at the first years. The witch next to him was just how Aime had pictured Dracula to look, pale waxy skin, dark eyes that darted from one student to the other long straight black hair and blood red lips. Seated next to her was a tiny looking man with mousey brown hair, a monocle and a bright purple jacket. The seat next to him was vacant and presumably for Professor McGonagall. The Seat next to hers was occupied by a Blue robed wizard with auburn hair and a beard to his chest. Aime presumed that he was the head teacher as his chair was simply bigger than the others. Professor Mcgonagall had returned to the great hall carrying a stool with a battered hat on top of it. She placed the stool in front of the teachers table. Aime nearly fainted dead away when the hat burst into song, she saw Sirius look a little startled but he disguised it well by looking bored for the rest of the song.

Once the hat had finished its little ditty Professor Mcgonagall proceeded to call out the students names in alphabetical order. Alison Armistice was first and sorted into Hufflepuff.

“You decided where you want to go yet?” whispered Remus to Aime
“Where ever you lot end up is fine with me.” She replied.
“Black, Sirius.” Sirius walked up the steps turned and gave his friends a small smile and sat on the stool hands on knees. Just before the hat covered his eyes he gave Aime a cheeky wink

“What in your head boy?” a voice said in Sirius’ ear. “Hmm ah yes. Bit of trouble maker aren’t you, but brave yes brave. Plenty of knowledge but where is it going to be of the most use? I know. GRYFFINDOR!” The hat shouted the hall erupted with cheers and cat calls from the occupants of the right hand table. Sirius went and took his place at his house table.

Remus looked on fascinated by the proceedings ‘Carter, Jeremy’ came and went (Slytherin) followed by ‘Darwin, David’ (Gryffindor) and a few more D’s. Then ‘Evans, Lily’ was called a girl with short bobbed red hair ascended the steps and was sorted into Gryffindor.

“Aime.” James whispered.
“Yes?”
“I really want to be a Gryffindor now.” James whispered immediately after the sorting of Lily Evans.
“Hunter, Aime”. Aime took a deep breath smiled at Remus, Peter and James as she sat on the stool. Sirius waved at her and indicated the seat next to him. Aime grinned at him. Then the hat was put on her head “Ah you’re willing to learn I see, very knowledgeable. Too much seen too soon in your life. But you are loyal and courageous. Where do you want to go Miss Hunter?” Gryiffindor please Gryffindor. “You think you’re a Gryffindor do you? The recklessness of a Gryffindor is not you Miss Hunter, you think too much. RAVENCLAW!” shouted the hat. The hat was removed and Aime looked toward her thunderstruck friends. Sirius’ jaw was hanging open. If it was any closer to the table it would be touching. Remus looked incredibly disappointed. Peter was shaking his head and James looked just as idiotic as Sirius. Aime walked to her table to begin making friends all over again. ‘Johnson, Beth’ was sorted into Ravenclaw shortly after Aime.

“Hi I am Beth.”
“Aime.”
“I know this sounds desperate, but will you be my friend I had to share a compartment with that greasy haired boy over there all the way here and he barely spoke a word. I was so bored.”
Aime smiled at this human chatterbox that had found her.
“Yeah we can be friends.”

As his parents had predicted Remus was sorted into Gryffindor. Remus went and took a seat next to Sirius. Peter and James joined them both shortly after.
“How do we get Aime to come and sit with us?” asked Remus after a short silence as every one dug into the food.
“Well short of clubbing her over the head. I have no ideas…yet” said Sirius with a mischievous glint in his eye shovelling mashed potatoes onto his plate.

As the evening meal wound down and Professor Dumbledore addressed his speech to the students Aime decided to do some enquiring of who was her head of house was. Aime had already found out that the vampire lady (Professor Damant) was the Arithmancy teacher and also head of Slytherin house. Aime had also been told that Professor McGonagall was the transfigurations teacher and head of Gryffindor. “Brian whose our head of house?” Aime had asked the fifth year boy who she was sat next to.
“Professor Connolly. He’s great. Dead funny. He’s the bloke on the end with the grey hair and goatee.” Brian said with a smile
“What does he teach?”
“Muggle Studies.” He said getting up from the table and moving towards the door. “Come on I have to show you to our dorms.”

Aime got up and walked back through the huge doors feeling full and tired and wishing that she had been sorted into Gryffindor with all her friends. As she trudged up the steps to the tower she felt cold which was unsurprising since there were no carpets in the draughty old castle. But the cold that Aime felt was in the pit of her stomach and had nothing to do with the temperature.

Aime thought back to the sorting “too much seen too soon” she knew exactly what the sorting hat was referring to. You don’t live through abuse both mental and physical and not come out with a few scars. Aime’s parents had split up and gotten back together more times than Aime could count and during that time Aime had seen her mother beaten several times. Aime always remembered the times when her mum would come upstairs in the middle of the night get her and her brothers out of bed and take them to Granny Ivy’s house. Aime remembered the way her mothers shoes hit the ground in the night and how everything seemed to echo or sound so much louder in the dark. Even silence sounds loud at night.

“Aime. Earth to Aime. Hullo” said Beth waving a hand in front of her face.
“Oh sorry. What’s up?” Said Aime with a smile.
“You are in a dorm with me, Mel and Joan. Are you ok?” Beth said with concern in her voice.
“Yeah I’m fine.” Replied Aime nonchalantly.
“Fine, yeah right of course you are. Do you miss your boyfriend?” Beth said with a sly glance at Aime
“Bethany! I do not have a boyfriend.” Shouted Aime looking aghast.
“Who was that good looking one that winked at you during sorting then?” Beth said taken aback by the sudden outburst
“Sirius!? Are you insane? He’s good looking but he’s such a cocky git.” Said Aime shaking her head at the implied relationship
“But he’s cute. Set me up.” Moped Beth.
Aime’s jaw dropped at the request. Aime laughed and said “No. No way. Never. You want him you get him yourself.”
Brain the prefect led the first years to the suit of armour that was the door to the Ravenclaw common room. “Wronski Feint” said Brian to the suit of armour. Aime smirked. The door opened and the first years walked into a blue and bronze common room. Three windows faced the door at the opposite end of the room in them was a window seat with a shelf full of books underneath the window seat. In front of the fireplace was 2 blue overstuffed wingchairs, in-between the two chairs was a circular mahogany coffee table. Facing the fire was a big blue sofa with a couple of brown throws on it. Above the fire place a portrait of Rowena Ravenclaw. Big pointy blue hat and all. Aime looked around at her peers reading playing chess or talking about Quidditch and thought I might actually like it here. “Boys dorms to your left and down the stairs. Girls dorms to the right and up the stairs. The house elves will have already brought your things up. Professor Connolly wants to see all first years in the common room tomorrow morning before breakfast.”

Remus watched Aime walk off to Ravenclaw tower. “Sirius, she looks miserable” he said.
“I know I’m working on it.” Replied Sirius, he looked deep in thought black hair falling into his eyes and biting on his thumb. ”I’ve got it!” James, Peter and Remus all gathered in close to listen to the master plan of master of mayhem extraordinaire Sirius Black.

The next morning Aime woke early to Beth jumping on her bed. “Get up! Your late!” she shouted. Aime looked around bleary eyed and focused on the marauding invader and gave her the finger, pulled the blanket up over head and tried to go back to sleep. “Fine.” Said the human alarm clock. Aime heard her thud to the floor walk to the end of her bed and then all she felt was cold as her blanket was snatched off her.
“I can see that I am fighting a losing battle here. So I’ll tell you what, I’ll give you a ten second head start. Run!” Aime launched herself off her bed and toward the laughing frame of her new friend. Joan and Mel had to restrain the frenzied brunette until Beth had exited the room at high speed. Aime dressed quickly and went down to the common room. “Sorry I’m late.” she said to the room as a whole.
“It’s quite alright Miss…Hunter” said the elderly Professor Connolly looking down at his register. Aime smiled sheepishly and sat next to Beth and Mel. “As I was saying” continued the teacher “I fully intend to get all of you off to the best start I possibly can so here are your timetable’s. Take one and pass them around. If you have any problems don’t hesitate to talk to me and we can fix them. Now off to get your breakfast.”

Aime, Beth, Mel and Joan all walked down to the Great Hall together. Partially because neither wanted to get lost in the huge castle.
“So we’ve got Charms, Transfiguration and Herbology with your boyfriends. I mean the Gryffindors.” Said Beth holding her hands up in surrender at the glare she received from Aime.
“Looks like it doesn’t it.” Said Aime.
The girls arrived in the great hall and took their seats at the Ravenclaw table. As Aime tucked into her toast and marmalade she heard the anguished voice of Sirius Black resonating through the entrance hall. He was hobbling into the great hall leaning heavily on a concerned looking James and tailed by Remus and Peter who were both making sympathetic faces. Aime leapt up from the table and ran three quarters of the hall with many a student staring at her like she had gone insane. She sat on the bench next to a wincing Sirius. “What the bloody hell happened?” said Aime.
“Oh Aime. It’s fine nothing to worry about really.” Said Sirius wincing. Aime had her back to Remus and James who were choking back laughter and so was oblivious to the prank. “Do you want me to sit with you help you out with your stuff today” said Aime. Sirius couldn’t help it the look of concern on her face was too much he cracked up laughing. “I’m sorry Aime I couldn’t resist. But this was the only way we could think of getting you to come and sit with us.” Aime laughed and rolled her eyes. “I was thinking that maybe we could go and have a look round the grounds today.” Said James through a mouthful of bacon and toast.
“Yeah. Sounds good I saw this rather weird looking tree I want to have look at.” Said Aime looking from James to Sirius. “I nearly forgot Beth, that girl over there at the Ravenclaw table, the one with the blonde hair she fancies you Sirius.” Sirius nearly choked on his Pumpkin juice. “Oh no thank you. I prefer that other one.” He said pointing at Joan.
They're all going on a summer holiday by Little Loony
A/N: for those that don’t know or have never encountered and ‘underpass’ it is a tunnel that goes underneath a main/busy road and takes the person safely to the other side, without the person having to play dodge the traffic and take their life in their hands.



Aime’s first two years at Hogwarts was spent rushing between her Gryffindor’s and her Ravenclaw’s.Cheering in every Quidditch match and cavorting by the lake. Sirius had taken to asking Joan out at every opportune moment. Joan had knocked him back every time. The day before the summer holidays began Joan had walked bold as brass over to the Gryffindor table at breakfast and asked Sirius to go out with her in front of the whole school. Aime had collapsed laughing when he turned round and said ‘I’ll think about it’. Joan had just said don’t wait too long and walked back to the Ravenclaw table.
“Aime what did I do wrong?” she’d asked fearing that she had messed up her chances with Sirius.
“Nothing” Aime had replied still shaking with laughter at the plight of her friend “he’ll come and tell you yes before the day is out.” And he did.

Poor James however had taken a similar approach with Lily Evans. Unfortunately he didn’t quite have charm that Sirius had and she had taken an instant dislike to the cocky youth. She had nearly hexed him into the next week when he had ‘accidentally’ transfigured her quill into a rat. He was in fact aiming to turn it into a box of chocolates. He had taken to calling a cactus that Aime’s mum had sent her Lily. When asked why James has said rather bitterly that it looks really pretty from a distance but when you do eventually go nearly it prickles the hell out of you.

Peter’s crowning glory came two weeks into the 2nd year when he found out exactly how to get into the Hogwarts Kitchen. Peter was hailed as a hero for about a week. That is until Professor Damant had found the five of them emerging from the kitchens laden with food. Oh the detentions they received for that little effort.

Sirius had become Hogwarts womanizer of the year and had been out with most of the Gryffindor girls by the end of the 2nd year. Sirius had however made himself an enemy of the Slytherin’s. He had off a firework under Severus Snape’s table in potions. Syltherins not one to see there own embarrassed had come after Sirius and hexed him rather badly. He spent a day or two in the hospital wing. Much to Sirius’ delight the Nurse Madame Pomfrey was very attractive and he developed a bit of a crush on her. For the remainder of the 2nd year he kept falling ill with unknown ailments so he could be sent to the Hospital Wing.

Remus had come out of his shell a little pulling off some of the most subtle pranks known to wizarding kind. Subtlety was definitely one of his strong points. So strong in fact that Aime hadn’t been picking up on any of his ‘I like you’ hints. Remus had wanted to tell her for a while but never found the right time. He’d tried to ask Beth if Aime had mentioned him at all. But Beth had been in a huge rush, that or she was being evasive.

Remus loved it at Hogwarts his transformations were still horrendous and the lying to his friends was getting really awkward. In fact he was running out of relatives to visit. Aime had noticed one day when they were all down by the lake and voiced her concerns about him going to relatives who were ill when he was blatantly ill himself. Remus had wanted to tell them all about where he went and what happen during his monthly sojourns to his ‘aunts’ but he didn’t want to be made to feel like a freak and he really didn’t want to lose all the friends he had tried to hard to make and keep.
The summer holidays were upon them again. Sirius was in a towering temper. He didn’t want to go home. He didn’t want to be treated like a babysitter for the golden child. James was fuming over the amount of homework that they had all received and moping that he was going to miss Lily. Peter just wanted to go home because he missed his mummy’s cooking. Aime was going to have to spend the holidays evading her fathers “Please come and see me. I miss you. How’s your mother” phone calls and his “I’m so glad I caught you at home. How’s your mother” visits. Sirius had said that she could come to London and stay with him. Aime had nearly taken him up on the offer. “I’ll visit you all!” she’d shouted as they all went their separate ways from Kings Cross Station. Beth, Mel and Joan had already gotten there warning that she would be stopping round at during the holidays. She hugged Remus and blew a kiss to James and Sirius. Peter had disappeared into the thick of a family huddle of grandparents and brothers and sisters.

“Who was that girl Remus?” asked Ray Lupin.
“Just a girl that I know.” Remus said, his ears turning slightly pink. Ray looked over at his wife and gave her a knowing look.
“What is she called? Is she a Gryffindor? How old is she?” pressed his father.
Remus rolled his eyes he could tell this was going to be a long ride home. “Dad. Can you just drop it please; I am not going to see her for six weeks.”
“You still didn’t answer your father’s questions.” Anna said with a smile at Ray.
“Mum don’t you start on too.” Remus mumbled.
“Come on Remus. You might as well tell us. You know we won’t stop until we find out.” Stated Ray.
“Fine I’ll tell you. But could you just drop it afterward?”
“Ok” said his prying parents in unison.
“She’s called Aime. She’s a Ravenclaw. And she is the same age as me. Are we done with the inquisition?”
“Why don’t you invite her over? Ask her to stay for a couple of days over the summer. You can invite James, Sirius and Peter. Your mum would be in her element all those teenagers running around the house.” Suggested Ray
“Could I? Do you mean it?” asked Remus his face lighting up at the prospect of seeing his friends sooner than anticipated.
“Absolutely!” exclaimed Ray, who was very happy with his son’s enthused response.
“Mum. What do you think? Would you mind?”
“It’s fine by me. The boys can all stay in your room and Aime can stay in the spare room.” Said Anna
“Mum. That’s the cell she can’t stay in there.” Remus said warily.
“Well she can’t stay with you four. You’ll just have to invite them at the end of the holidays. Your father can take the bars off the window and I can repaint it. And put a camping bed in it. She won’t know the difference.” Anna said.
“Ok. Cool. Great. I’ll send them all owls when I get in.”

Aime caught the train from the muggle side of Kings Cross Station. Her mum had forgotten to pick her up. She was probably drunk again. Gitte was meowing restlessly in her travelling case. Aime was pulling her case along the pavement towards the bus stop. Through one of urine soaked the underpasses of the big grey city that was her home a tramp stopped her and asked her for some change. He reeked of alcohol and tobacco. Aime shook her head and pressed on. When she eventually got home to the shoebox council house that she lived in with her mother and 2 younger brothers, she opened the door to the familiar sight of her mother passed out on the couch a bottle of vodka in her hand. Her two brothers were in the kitchen trying to work the electric tin opener to eat cold beans out of the can. Aime turned it on at the mains opened the can made toast and warmed the beans in the microwave and fed her brothers. Aime let the meowing Gitte out her of her cat basket and fed her woke her mother and helped her to bed.

“I’m shorry shweetie.” Slurred her mother.
“Don’t worry about it mum.” Said Aime to the inebriated woman leaning heavily on her shoulders.
“Where’s Ben and Christopher?” asked the concerned drunk
“Downstairs. I’m going to take them to Granny Ivy’s house.” Aime said to her mother
“Good Girl. You’re my good girl. I missed you baby.” Said the tearful mother
“I missed you too mum.” Said Aime putting the woman to bed.

Aime went back down stairs to find a barn owl tapping frantically on her window. Aime opened the window and it dropped through it. Aime untied the parchment and read the note attached to the owls leg.

Dear Aime,

My mum has said that you can all come and stay at my house for a couple of days toward the end of the holidays (29th August until the 31st August). I wanted you to come sooner but they have the decorators in. Any way owl me back ASAP with your response.

Love
Remus

Aime thought for about 2 seconds

Dear Remus

Yes.

Love Aime.

Aime picked her toddling brother Chris up and got Ben’s pyjamas and caught the last bus to her Granny Ivy’s house.

Granny Ivy was the witch in the family. It appeared that ‘special’ powers skipped a generation in Aime’s family. Granny Ivy was the one who was funding Aime’s education since her daughter was too busy funding her drinking habit.

“Gran! It’s Aime. Let us in!” Aime shouted at the locked and barred door. She heard shuffling footsteps.
“Aime! What’s wrong?” Said the frail looking old lady when she opened the door to her grandchildren.
“It Mum. She’s drunk again. They are going to take Ben and Chris off her if she doesn’t start looking after them.”
Ivy embraced her granddaughter. She got the boys ready for bed and gave her granddaughter a drink of hot chocolate and a chocolate frog. ‘Chocolate always makes things better. I have to introduce Remus to this school of thought’. Aime smiled to herself at the thought of Remus Lupin. He’d definitely gotten better looking in the last 2 years. Ok that’s a lie in the first year Aime barely noticed boys she was far too busy learning all of the thing that she thought that she had missed. But with James, Sirius, Remus and Peter all being her friends she couldn’t really miss boys either. “Gran, would you mind looking after the boys on the 29th I am going to stay with my friends. Just until term starts.”
“Which friend might that be?” asked Ivy.
“Remus Lupin.” Replied Aime
“Well Aime Tala Hunter. I do believe you have a crush!”
“Gran! I do not have a crush on Remus!” Ivy gave her granddaughter sarcastic look. And Aime conceded ”Alright maybe a little one. Are you a seer and didn’t tell me?” said Aime who was just a little flustered by her Gran’s sudden ability to read her like a book.
“Of course I’ll have the boys. In fact they might as well come and live with me for as much as my useless daughter does for them.” Snarled the normally mild mannered Ivy. “Now off to bed with you.” She said much more gently.

The Holidays were a pretty uneventful time for the entire group of friends. Beth Mel and Joan came to visit and brought their friend Jasmine with them. Jasmine was a first year Gryffindor with a big thing for Sirius. Beth, Mel and Joan tried their first ever joint as provided by Aime and her much older cousin Jason. A great time was had by all when Sirius floo’ed himself over to Aime’s. Aime had to follow Jasmine around with a drool bucket. It was hilarious. Sirius of course loved every minute of it any kind of hero worship was a good thing in Sirius’ book. Especially when it was aimed at him.

“Can you get some more of that for when we go to Lupin’s house?” asked Sirius pointing to the joint.
“Erm I am not sure. I could ask Jason. Why?” Aime asked in rather clipped tones.
“I have a funny feeling that our old friend Remus could do with a little lightening up.” Sirius replied with a mischievous grin.
“You do know that smoking weed is illegal don’t you?” said Aime matter of factly.
“Yes. But what the police and the ministry don’t know about won’t hurt them.”
“Your going to get yourself locked up one day Sirius Black.” Aime said as she shoved him back into the fireplace from whence he came.
Melted Mars Bars by Little Loony
Aime arrived with a thud and a puff of soot in the Lupin’s fire place at 10:30 in the morning. Much to the amusement of Remus, Aime stumbled coughing and spluttering out of the grate and into the kitchen.

“Hi. Remind me never to use my Grandma’s fire place to floo you.” Aime said looking a little aggravated. “I am telling you she hasn’t used that damn thing in years. Look at me I’m covered in soot my hair is a mess and I am rambling in front of your parents. Why didn’t you tell me to shut up?” she blathered on in one breath whilst knocking soot off her jeans.

“Aime, why would I do that when you were going such a nice shade of pink?” Remus said with a smirk. “Are you going to sit down or just stand there and make the place look untidy?” asked Remus feigning innocence.

Aime gave her friend a mock death glare and sat beside him at the breakfast table. As this little exchange had played out Ray had been watching his son and his friend over the top of his paper and chanced a look at his wife who was at the sink washing pots, Anna Lupin was smiling into the soap suds.

“Good morning Aime. I’m Remus’ Dad. If I leave my ignorant son to the introductions we could be here until dinner time.” Ray said leaning over the table offering Aime his hand.

“Good Morning Mr Lupin.” Aime replied cordially as she shook the older mans hand.

“And this is my beautiful wife Anna.” Ray said kissing his wife on the cheek and picking up a dish cloth and proceeded to help his wife dry the pots.

“Good Morning Mrs Lupin.”

“Oh please call me Anna.” She said looking over her shoulder and smiling genially at the young girl at her table.

“You can call me Sir.” Ray said.

“Aye, Aye Sir.” Aime replied grinning at the head of the Lupin family.

Aime and Remus went and sat in the living room. Aime was greeted by a sight that was so unlike her own home that it took all of her will power to keep her jaw from scrapping on the floor. The couch was covered in a cream coloured thrown with dark blue pillows. In front of that was a low mahogany coffee table it had a couple of scratches but nothing out of the ordinary. There was what looked to be a black and white 12” screen T.V. on another smaller coffee table in the corner of the room and books all over the place. There was door onto the garden, Aime wandered over there and looked out of the freshly washed windows and was greeted with a pleasant view of a spacious garden with a couple of flower beds and a wonderful view of a small copse.

Aime and Remus had a game of Gobstones in the shabby but comfortable living room whilst they waited for Sirius, James and Peter to arrive.

Sirius arrived first. He must have let himself in because he walked past the kitchen and said “Morning Sir. Morning Anna. You’re looking’ lovely today.”

Remus rolled his eyes and stuck his head around the door. Aime grinned at Sirius when he walked in. Aime had very rarely seen him out of school uniform, but at this moment she could tell why he was the most fancied boy in the year. Sirius was wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt.
“Do you like it?” Sirius asked doing a little twirl. Sirius had bought his first of many leather jackets.

“Very cool Sirius.” Remus said a little enviously.

“How much did it cost?” asked Aime.

“Not a great deal. Did you get any more of that stuff?” asked Sirius in covert tones, that weren’t actually that covert.

“Yes.” Aime said.

“What stuff?” asked Remus

“You’ll see.” Sirius replied with a grin.

“What stuff!” exclaimed Remus.

“You’ll see.” The two conspirators said in unison.

Remus looked apprehensive to say the least. Scared mindless was another way of putting it.

James and Peter arrived shortly after Peter’s Mum had brought the both of them in their brand new car. Peter was wearing a new red jumper and James was trying very hard to try and stifle his giggles as Peter kissed his Mum.

“Bye Mummy. I’ll see you at Christmas!” shouted Peter as he got the front door.

“Pete, your mum she’s…” said Sirius draping his arm over Peter’s shoulder

“So neurotic, she throws dinner parties for the voices in her head?” supplied a sniggering James. This comment was greeted with peels of laughter by the five friends.

Anna was sat in the kitchen with her husband. They were both listening to the riotous music (Glam Rock Sirius and Aime had called it) and occasional whoops and laughter from Sirius and James that was permeating the walls of their teenage son’s bedroom. Anna smiled at Ray. Ray raised his eyebrows to the roof to indicate his amusement.
“We should go out tonight.” Ray suggested “let them have the house to themselves.”

“Ray. We haven’t been out since Remus was bitten. Are you sure?” asked Anna sceptically.

“Absolutely.” Ray said.

“Ray do you think that they know?” Anna asked.

“I doubt Remus would have told them.” Replied Ray with a sigh.

The parents of one of The Rampaging Horde (Sirius new Glam Rock band) sat quietly and listened to shouts of Blass Lipstikk (Sirius), Kitty Shinola (Aime), Gene Fabulous (James), Bobby Silvers (Remus) and Dazzle Velour (Peter).

Ray and Anna left the house and went to the local muggle pub called ‘The White Horse’ at seven o’clock. Remus had locked the door behind his parents and gone back up to his bedroom. Aime and Sirius were sat on the end of his bed; Sirius was sat next to the window and Aime was sat with her palm open with three roll- up cigarettes in her hand. Remus frowned James took one and smelt it, he looked from Aime to Sirius

“Is this what I think it?” he asked. James looked suspicious about the innocuous looking cigarette. Aime looked as Remus who looked as confused as a baby in a topless bar.
“What do you think it is?” Aime asked James, eyes still locked with Remus’. James looked at his friends
“Is it weed?” Aime nodded in a response. Sirius opened the window and looked around the room
“So are we going to try this or what?”

The gang lit up the joints and proceeded to get quite stoned. That is until of course as many things do it all went pear shaped.

Remus was the first person to notice that James had gone very quiet. James had laid down on the floor resting his head on Remus’ Hogwarts: A History book

“Aime! Aime is he supposed to have gone that colour?” asked Remus pointing at James who had gone white and clammy and looked as though he was having some difficulty in holding his eyes open. Aime looked over at her friend stood up and walked over and crouched down next to him.
“He looks a bit pale to me. I think he’s going to puke.” Remus more or less launched himself across the room to help Aime pick James up.

“Sirius will you please help!” yelled Aime.

“I only want to be referred to as Blass Lipstikk!” Sirius replied poutily.

“Sirius I’ll refer to you as something and it won’t be Blass fucking Lipstikk.” Remus snarled.

“I’m going to be sick. Move!” James shouted lunging for the door.

James hurtled out of Remus bedroom and down the hall and into the toilets with Aime Remus and Sirius in hot pursuit. Sirius reached the door first only to have it slammed in his face; he slid down the wall and sat. Remus and Aime joined him and took up similar positions.

“Don’t think that we should be smoking that again.” Remus said his head in his hands.

Aime and Sirius looked at each other and nodded in agreement. James opened the door Aime looked up and saw that although he was still pale he was grinning from ear to ear.

“What the fuck are you smiling at” asked Sirius caustically. James continued grinning like a brain dead budgie.

“I’ve go the munchies” he said.

Aime rolled her eyes, Sirius went and got Peter who was still chilling on Remus’ bed and the five of them went down stairs and Aime introduced them to melted mars bars on toast.

The next morning after devouring 9 mars bars and half a loaf the five of them all felt a little better about the incident of the night before. Sirius and Aime were the first to wake up. Aime was laid in bed reading a book when she heard a little tapping on the door.

“Come in.” she said.

Sirius stuck his head around the door, hair all stuck up at the back and flopping into his eyes at the front, mars bar still stuck to one side of his face after Peter had hit him with the mixing spoon.

“Hi.” Aime said scratching her head.

“Morning.” Sirius said not quite meeting her eye.

“How’s James?” Aime asked.

“He’s fine. Still sleeping.” Sirius replied.

Aime nodded. “Sirius it wasn’t your fault you know. James is a big boy who can make his own decisions.” Aime said examining the green duvet cover that her hands rested on.

“Why do you always know what to say?” Sirius asked smiling at her. Remus had joined the two of them shortly after none of them wanted to talk about what could have happened to their friend.

Anna and Ray were sat at the breakfast table waiting for the hooligans to come down stairs. No sooner had Ray boiled the kettle did the boys and girl come down stairs.

“Morning” he addressed the group at large, the group responded with a unison mumble.

Anna dished out the eggs bacon sausage and tomatoes. Aime helped get the jam, butter and toast on the table.

“That’s a girl Aime. Learn your way around the kitchen at an early age.” James said tucking in to some toast.

Aime glared at him. Remus got up and helped his mother get the plates out much to the amusement of Sirius and James various comments about Remus making a great maid were passed around the table. As the family and friends all tucked into a hearty breakfast Anna turned to Aime perfectly straight faced and said

“Now remember dear, the woman that seeks to be equal to a man lacks ambition.”

Aime nearly choked on her orange juice.

Ray just grinned at his wife.” She’s right boys.” He said to the gob smacked boys.

The rest of the weekend past in a flurry of pranks, meals, jokes, meals, games and snacks. The group of them including Ray and Anna had descended on Diagon Alley with a single minded shopping ferocity that would have made Imelda Marcos proud. The friends were all put on the train at eleven and embark on their third year of education at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.


A/N: After all that I have just written I feel the need to justify it as some people will be unhappy with me. I was not aiming to promote drug use, please don’t take it that way. But lots of people in the 70’s took drugs, especially those that were involved in the Glam rock movement and since the 5 of these character were teenagers in the 70’s it only seemed fitting that I put in a little of the seventies sub-culture that I love so much. Oh and on the subject of melted mars bars on toast. They are really nice it was inspired by me and two drunken friends of mine wanting a Glasgow special, which is a battered mars bar. But we were unable to find a take-away open at 4.30 in the morning (Although there was a 24 hour garage open) so we improvised.
Mr Moony by Little Loony
A/N: FAO: Kay/Joanie. Please could you mod this?

“I am blaming you for this Remus. How the fuck am I supposed to play guitar now?” Aime said as she stormed off down the chilly dungeon corridor, she even took Peeves by surprise when she rounded the corner in a towering temper. Peeves who had been tampering with one of the suits of armour screeched “Don’t run in the hallway!”

“Fuck off Peeves! They pair shouted in unison.

“Hey that had nothing to do with me! It wasn’t my fault! It was Sirius that put Bubotuber pus in your cauldron.” Remus shouted trying to keep up with his incensed friend.

“I never said it was your fault! I said I was going to blame you!” Aime snarled into his face at the top of the stairs.

“Why?” Remus asked.

“You could have told me! No let me rephrase that. You.” She poked him in the chest “Should have told me!” she said exasperated. Remus rolled his eyes; he doubted that she would believe that he didn’t know until she had put her hand in her cauldron to retrieve her books and Sirius had nearly wet himself laughing. Now Remus had to escort his friend to the hospital wing to have the boils on her hand popped. To say Aime wasn’t happy would have been the understatement of the year. To be totally honest Remus could have done without the hassle the full moon was a couple of days away and Remus wasn’t feeling up to arguing with Aime.

When the croaky voiced pair finally arrived in the hospital Madame Pomfrey glared at Aime as if she was the one making Remus ill. Remus almost felt guilty at the lethal look that Poppy Pomfrey was giving one of his best friends.

“Excuse me for breathing.” A rather huffy Aime snapped at Madame Pomfrey. Madame Pomfrey took a quick look at Aime’s hand and said “If you don’t change your attitude lady I could leave you like that.”

Aime had the decency to look ashamed at snapping at someone who didn’t deserve it. “Sorry” she mumbled. Madame Pomfrey looked at the mess that Bubotuber pus made of Aime’s hand snapped on a pair of gloves and got to work, but not before reminding Remus not to forget to come down on the 14th as soon as he was available. Aime looked at Remus who had suddenly taken on the appearance of a rabbit caught in headlights. “I thought that you said that you were going to see your aunt on the 14th?” she said suspiciously Madame Pomfrey looked between the two students, she saw that Remus was struggling to get out of this particular corner that she had unwittingly backed him into. “Remus why don’t you go back to class?” said Poppy. Aime closed her eyes and turned her face away as Madame Pomfrey popped the blisters on her hand but couldn’t drag her thoughts away from the fact that Remus had lied to all of them. Surely he has a good reason her brain screamed at her but he would have told us if something had been wrong wouldn’t he? She questioned herself.

“Right you’re all done. Rub this on it twice a day for three days and keep it covered for the rest of the day.” Madame Pomfrey said handing her a bottle full of olive green slime. Aime opened her eyes and was faced with a full moon on a calendar hung on the wall, the 14th was circled. Amine stared mutely at the calendar. No way it’s not possible Aime’s heart thought not probable said her brain. Aime got off the table and more or less ran back to her lesson.

Remus, Sirius, Peter and James arrived at Defence against the dark arts Class as Aime bandaged hand and all skidded around the corner nearly upending the tiny professor Flitwick. “Watch out!” he squeaked in his tiny voice.

“Sorry!” she shouted over her shoulder as she slid to a halt in front of the four of them. “Hi” she said breathlessly “I need to ask you something later.” She said to Remus. Sirius grinned James smirked and Peter opened his mouth to speak only to have James clamp his hand over his mouth.

Remus walked into his lesson and took his usual seat in front of Aime and they waited for Professor Haggarty to begin his lesson. “Good afternoon class. Could open your books to page 347 please?” This was the lesson that Remus had been dreading all term; the werewolf lesson. Remus heard Aime fidget in her seat; he could feel her eyes boring into the back of his head. Professor Haggarty continued on oblivious, he listed the symptoms that a non transformed werewolf endured before the full moon, insomnia, flu like symptoms, bouts of temper. The class took notes. Remus shifted uncomfortably in his seat at the mention of the transformation. Eyesight becomes more acute, bones elongate, tendons stretch and shift, muscles move and the spine stretches he droned on. ‘Oh Haggarty you have no idea how much it hurts, it feels like your skin is on fire’ thought Remus. The class took notes. Haggarty spoke about what happens during a transformation and how it is reported that a werewolf thinks, and still the class took notes. Remus was waiting for his cover to be blown for Aime or someone to say “but that’s just like Lupin sir.” But no-one did. The lesson seemed to last forever with Remus squirming under the intense gaze that he could feel on the back of his head. When the lesson finally ended Remus avoided all of his friends and made his way to the library to try and find some solace hiding behind a pile of books.

“Aime I’m really sorry about the pus.” Said Sirius as they left Defence against the dark arts and made their way to the front of the school.

“Forget about it.” Aime said “This is far more important. I think Remus is a werewolf.”

The spectacular array of faces being pulled was almost enough to set Aime off into a fit of giggles. Sirius was trying not to grin like a Cheshire cat. James’ mouth was open wide enough to be used as a truck tunnel and Peter looked at her as though she had grown a third eye. Aime rolled her eyes and explained the events of the day, the information that Pomfrey let slip in the hospital wing and how it all coincided with what Haggarty had told them in class, the flu-like symptoms the tiredness the irritability at the full moon. Sirius looked to James, James looked to Peter and the three of them collapsed laughing.

“Well there is only one way that we can really settle this.” Sirius said wiping tears of laughter from his eyes “Let’s go ask him.”

Aime nearly died of shock “What seriously?”

James nodded and said “Anything to get you to stop this bloody mad kick that your on.”

The four of them trudged back into school to find the elusive Remus Lupin.

Remus had immersed himself in reading a book called ‘When Devil’s Snare attacks’ by Devlin Choke when he was grabbed by the arms and forcibly removed from the library by James and Sirius. Aime and Peter were sat on the window sill outside the entire situation had Remus on edge immediately. Sirius went and sat next to Peter and James sat next to Aime.

“Remus do you have anything to tell us.” Sirius said examining his nails.

“Yeah your fly is undone.” Remus said.

Sirius went bright red and zipped up his trousers. Aime had just wiped the smirk off her face when James walked over to Remus and said “We were actually referring to where you say you go once a month.”

Remus shot daggers at Aime at this moment it didn’t matter how much he liked her or that she was a girl he could have quite happily pummelled her into unconsciousness. Aime met his eyes

“Remus, please just tell us the truth. Do you go to your aunt’s? Aime paused “or is it something else.” She finished.

Remus looked from face to face Sirius was smiling, James licked his lips and set his jaw as if waiting for the bomb to drop, Peter looked pale and worried, Aime’s face was as unreadable as he had ever seen it. Remus clenched his jaw and his fists

“I’m a werewolf.” He said quietly. Peter’s jaw dropped quite spectacularly closely followed by the rest of the foursome, Remus felt like he was living in a Tex Avery cartoon.

“I understand if you don’t want to be my friends anymore, but please don’t tell anyone else.”

Peter was the first to regain his composure he walked straight over to Remus and hugged him and when he let go Remus looked like he had just been snogged by an over excited Grindylow.

“Well mate it has to be said that the possibilities of causing chaos have now greatly increased.” James said to a stunned Remus who was doing a brilliant impression of a goldfish.

“Come or we are going to miss dinner” said the ever starving Sirius Black.

“So you don’t hate me?” Remus asked confused at the unexpected turn of events.

“Nah mate. You came clean straight away. I admire that” Sirius replied flippantly.
Aime got up off the window sill and gave him a hug. “Of all the things I’ve been right about, I wish I hadn’t been right about this.” She whispered in his ear.

It was late; past midnight as Remus laid in the hospital wing, he had been restless ever since he had told his friends that he was a werewolf. Remus had been waiting for the four of them to do something stupid and now he was having trouble sleeping through worrying about them. Remus lit the candle next to his bed and pulled out his copy of Playwitch Weekly that Sirius had so generously provided from his own stash. Remus opened it to the centrefold she was petite curly haired brunette who listed her favourite things as ‘swimming, reading and taking long walks in the moonlight.’ Remus rolled his eyes. “What is it with women and walks in the moonlight?” he muttered to himself. He heard a chuckle from behind him “Caught red handed eh Moony?” Remus sat bolt upright in bed and saw Sirius James and Peter emerge from under James’ invisibility cloak. Moony was the nickname that they had given him since the ‘coming out’ incident. “I wasn’t doing anything.” Remus said indignantly. “Where is Aime?”

“Don’t know she was supposed to meet us at the knight. But we couldn’t see her. She might have got caught.” Peter said.

“Shit. Hide someone’s coming.” James said looking behind screen. At that the boy’s hide under the invisibility cloak and kept as still as three teenage boys under a sheet of material can. Remus looked concerned, that was until he heard a clatter of a bedpan and “bollocks” whispered.

“Aime, is that you?” Remus whispered quietly.

“Course it’s me. Who do you think it is Elisabeth the centre fold?” Aime whispered back.

“Moony has never been that lucky.” Sirius whispered re-emerging from under the cloak.

Aime perched on the bed next to Remus the other three visitors all stood at the end of the bed grinning from ear to ear and looking like they were about to burst in to a rendition of “Time Warp” from the musical Rocky Horror Picture show. Remus looked from Aime to the musical trio and back again. Aime just stared at the three of them. James took a deep breath and began “We have something to say. It’s not going to be easy but we are going to do it anyway.” James looked at Sirius and Peter stood either side of him. “We are going to keep you company when you’re your other self.”

“No, No your not.” Remus said as though this statement would resolve the madness.

“Yes, Yes we are.” Sirius replied.

“Let me finish.” James said putting his finger to his lips to signal for quiet. “We know that we can’t keep you company in our human forms, so what we are going to do is become Animagi.”

Aime nearly fell off the end of the bed. “What! You can’t, that spell is so complicated you’ll never do it.”

“Aww come on Aime don’t piss on our chips.” Sirius said as he cracked his knuckles.

Aime rolled her eyes and turned to Remus who had gone quite still. “You’d seriously do that for me?” he asked quietly.

“Moony, mate we’d do almost anything for you. You’d do it for us.” Peter said.

“But right now Sirius is going to scrawl creative graffiti all over moaning myrtles bathroom. She fancies him you know.” James said with an evil glint in his eye.

“Shut Up!” yelled Sirius. Peter jumped up and clamped his hand over Sirius’ mouth. Aime smiled walked up to Sirius and said “Race you.” At that Aime ran from the hospital ward.

“Wait your going to get caught.” Peter said waddling after them.

“Once more into the breach.” James said pulling his cloak over his head and running after them. Leaving a tired but happy Remus ‘Moony’ Lupin in their wake.

Remus wandered over to the lake where James and Peter were sat the next morning. James was playing around with a snitch that he had nicked and Peter was staring in awe. “Morning.” Remus said as he sat down, he looked around for Aime and Sirius “Where’s Aime and Sirius?” he asked.

“Detention. Filch caught them.” James said grimly

“Where were you two?” asked Remus in disbelief.

“Hiding under the cloak.” Peter said simply.

James told the tale of how Aime and Sirius were writing creative wanted ad’s on the walls when Peeves had come screeching in tailed by Filch and Filch’s face lit up like a Christmas tree when found two student out of bed. Filch took great pleasure in dishing out two detentions for them to clean the walls.

“If we hurry we can go and see them clean off the Allyson one.” James said eagerly.

The trio ran up to the girl’s toilet and saw Aime dump a bucket of water on Sirius’ head. And written above the sink in bright red ink pen was ‘FOR A GOOD TIME CONTACT ALLYSON WONDERLAND.’

A/N: For those of you that don’t know or are too young to know Tex Avery was a cartoonist who’s most famous creations are The Wolf (no pun intended) Droopy and Screwy Squirrel. However I can only think of one reference to guide you to the image that you need. In the film ‘Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?’ (1988) there is a scene where Eddie Valiant (Bob Hoskins) first sees Jessica Rabbit his jaw hits the table top and his eyes spring out of his head. That’s the image.
A Time to grow up by Little Loony
A/N:For Kaykay /Joanie.

Disclaimer: I haven't done one of these for a while, so just remind you all concepts belong to JKR. Except any one you don't recognise they are mine.

June 31st 1978.

The great halls looked stunning the students were laughing and frighteningly enough so were the teachers, even Damant. Aime noted absently as she twiddled with a bright purple streamer. The Marauders as they had become known to close friends were busy setting up their swansong. Lily was glaring at James, but without the malice of earlier years. Beth ran up to Aime from the opposite side of the Hall tripping over a book bag and falling headlong into Aime’s knees.

“Oh God I’m never going to see you again!” Beth cried dramatically.

“Aren’t you coming out to night?” Aimed asked grinning.

“No. I won’t get served.” Replied Beth sobbing into the shoulder of Aime’s robe leaving a big wet patch in her wake.

“I think you have had enough already.” Sirius her now ex-boyfriend (in fact he, Sirius had become ex-boyfriend of all of Aime’s close friends. Mel, Joan and Jasmine in turn had all suffered the charms of one Sirius Black) said from behind Aime.

“Oh Sirius, I’m going to miss you.” Beth said flinging her self bodily at him.

“Your aim will get better.” Aime mumbled to the prostrate pair as she walked away shaking her head.

As Aime approached the Slytherin table Remus gave her the nod to say everything was in place. Sirius extracted himself from Beth’s drunken death grip and James extracted himself from Lily. Peter was already quite conspicuously hovering near the Syltherin table. Which wasn’t really unexpected since he started seeing some blonde pug faced Slytherin bimbo.

“Oh Peter!” She cooed at him clinging on to his chubby arm. “Where are you going? I thought that you had to ask me something important?” she simpered at him.

“Dolly. It is important but I just have to do this first.” Peter said extracting his arm.

“Fine! Go! And It’s Dolores” she hissed at him.

Aime smiled at Peter’s plight she always knew he’d end up marrying someone just like his mother.


As Aime neared the table Severus Snape’s beetle black eyes snapped up and glared hostilely at her. Aime swallowed and put her hand in her wand pocket. Severus stood obviously waiting for the last stand off. Severus put his hand in his pocket and produced his wand. Sirius watched from the Hufflepuff table hand in pocket. James was in the doorway and Remus (who was stood nearest to Aime to get her out of the way of stray spells) watched intently as Aime took four, more steps closer to the marauder’s arch rival, the boy who Remus had nearly killed, the man who had venomously rejected Lily’s help and affection, the person that they had picked on and bullied since the first year and put down her wand. Aime offered him her hand. James licked his lips; Sirius was drumming his fingers on his knees. Peter was rocking on the balls of his feet and Remus felt like he was sweating off half of the river Thames. Severus didn’t look like he was buying this his wand remained at shoulder height, he sneered at Aime.

“Severus I’ve not come to fight with you. I’ve actually come to apologise.” Aime said in an amazingly steady voice.

“It would take you years to apologise for what you and your friends have done to me.”

Severus paused and pointed at Remus who was now stood directly behind Aime, although now he stood a whole foot taller than her.

“And that behind you needs to be kept on a lead.” He said in a low and dangerous voice.

Remus had no time to restrain Aime, she threw a nasty punch at Severus it connected with his nose. (A/N: Oh come on how could it not?) Severus fell flat on his backside.

“Ferula!” Aime yelled as she grabbed her wand and pointed it at Severus.

“Impudice!” Shouted Remus as Sirius and James ran across the room. Peter cast the ‘sonorous’ spell on his throat and said “ flameninis adlevo”. Three hundred and forty six fireworks of various colours, size and power erupted around the room covering the NEWT graduates in glitter, streamers and bright green goo, if you were a Slytherin that is. The teachers looked like they were fighting off a sudden bout of giggles.

Remus who had been thoroughly covered in orange glitter wrapped his arm around Aime’s waist and tried to lead her away. Aime squirmed away and walked directly up to a incensed Severus and snarled in his face

“Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris. Your positively disposable.” Aime walked away with Remus, Purple glitter falling off in a twinkling trail behind her. She looked like and irate pixie when she flopped down at the Ravenclaw table. Professor Connolly came and sat beside her

“Miss Hunter, if only you put as much effort into your potions work.” He said with a heavy sigh “Although the orange Catherine Wheel was wonderful.” He added with a smile.

“Thanks Prof, it clashed obscenely with your scarf.” (Which incidentally today was bright blue with pink polka dots.) Aime grinned. Professor Connolly walked back to the staff table picking up a handful of orange glitter as he passed and unceremoniously dumped it onto the head of Professor Damant.

Aime looked around the Great Hall this was the last time she was going to see many of the people she called friends. Jasmine still had another year left at Hogwarts. Mel and Joan were going to travel to America, Australia and Romania. So seeing the two of them was going to be rare. James and Lily had gotten a flat in Surrey, Sirius was already living in Hogsmeade above the pub which suited him fine. Remus had been given his parents summer cottage in Dover and Aime all being well was going to live with her Mother. The students finally settled at their house tables and were waiting for the final speeches to be given, the final house points to be awarded and their final meal as Hogwarts students. Aime shifted uncomfortably in her seat as Professor Dumbledore straightened his deep red robe, blue eyes a twinkle.

“Now children,” he paused and smiled around the hall. “It seems some what inappropriate that I should call you children when most of you,” Aime was sure his eyes lingered slightly on Sirius and James. “Have grown into fine up standing adults. When I started as Headmaster seven years ago I never expected to become as attached to you all as I have. And I will miss each and every one of you. I have never been given as much trouble and strife by any students other than a certain group who shall remain nameless.” Dumbledore paused and grinned at the discomfort that he had created in four Gryffindor boys and one Ravenclaw girl. “Nor have I been filled with as much pride for all of you.” Professor McGonagall wiped a tear from behind her glasses. Even Professor Damant looked more miserable than usual. Professor Dumbledore continued “Now as you embark on growing up remember that reality can be the most difficult thing to face. However our friends can help us overcome any trials that may come our way.

In the times that will come to pass I feel that strong allies maybe the key. I will ask one more thing of all of you remember all of the things that you have learnt here. To be brave and Loyal.” With that comment he looked at the Gryffindor table each one of them looked like they were about to burst with pride. “To be resourceful and to do what I takes in any given situation.” He looked at the Slytherins. “Work for what is good and not for what is easy.” This was a comment that seemed to be directed at the Hufflepuffs. “To do what it takes and to not loose yourself in the process. And apply all of your knowledge to doing the right thing.” The Ravenclaw table stirred at Dumbledore’s words. The Great Hall was deathly quiet. Quiet that is until Peeves came screeching through the great hall being pursued by and orange Catherine wheel. The great hall erupted into laughter as there were very few things that could get the better of peeves.

Remus, Sirius and James apparated to the alleyway behind the Old Mother Black Cap walked in and waited for Lily and Aime to arrive. James was feeling distinctly uncomfortable because he didn’t know what state his girlfriend was going to be in after she had finished trying to prettify Aime.

Lily had hijacked Aime at the end of the day, which was bizarre in itself since Aime and Lily didn’t really get on with each other. James however had asked Lily to make and effort with Aime since she was good friend of his, which in Aime’s opinion was why Lily didn’t like her. Aime however was feeling generous so she allowed Lily to make her a doll for the night and after hours of primping, curling and squeezing into things and hobbling around in ridiculously high heels Aime and Lily were ready. When Lily and Aime descended from Lily’s room Aime was confronted with a sight so disgusting that she nearly turned tail and ran. It was Lily’s sister Petunia all stringy black hair horsy teeth and googly eyes in a vile green dress. Unfortunately that was only half of the fright. Petunia’s boyfriend Vernon Dursley, who was so fat that he had to put his belt on with a boomerang. Were stood at the bottom of the stairs necking. They broke apart

“Well it’s about time.” Vernon said quite gruffly “We thought that you had decided not to go. Shall we go Petty dear?” As the four of them headed to the beige 1976 dolomite sprint Aime whispered

“No offence, but your sister is no Lauren Bacall. I think you got the looks.” Lily smirked at her new found friend.

Sirius had gotten the drinks in whilst they waited for the girls to arrive. Remus was being given the eye by a girl with long brown curly hair. Remus being a gentleman smile politely back at her. James was fidgeting which was unusual. The brunette at the bar came over to Remus and started talking to him.

“Hi, my name is Maria.” She said offering him her hand

“Dave.” Remus said totally straight faced. Sirius squirted his pint straight out of his nose, even James was giggling.

“Nice to meet you Dave” Maria said. Before Remus had time to breathe the little brunette jumped in his lap and snogged him. She pulled away smiled and walked away leaving the lads in a stunned silence.

“Did that just happen?” James asked Sirius. Sirius nodded as did a rather dumbstruck Remus.

Aime and Lily climbed out of the back of the car and walked into the pub to shouts of “Oh My god they are here!” and “Miracles do happen!” and “Wow. Aime has legs!” from James Sirius and Remus respectively. Aime gave them the finger and sat down she cheekily took a swing of Remus’ Guinness.

“Euch. How can you drink that stuff it tastes like burnt. Non- specific burnt.” Remus just grinned.

“You look lovely.” He said.

Aime frowned at him “Have you had one too many of those? I look like a fucking shire horse on stilts.” She replied.

“Well you’re a pretty shire horse.” He whispered in her ear. Aime just grinned at him.

James and Lily were cuddled up at the opposite end of the booth when an all mighty “YES!” came ringing out from Lily direction. Perforating the eardrums of all in a two mile radius. James had proposed to her.

“Get the drinks in Moony!” hollered Padfoot.

“You get the drinks. I got the last round. What I am some mystical fountain of love and cheap wine” Moony shouted back.

“I’ll get the drinks in!” shouted Kitty Shinola. With that Aime disappeared into the thick of the crowd at the bar. Aime came back ten minutes later laden with drinks and a bottle of cheap white wine. As time passed and the Marauders got drunk and more and more unaware of the passing of time. As the bell rang for last orders Aime jumped out of her seat and shouted “oh no I missed the last bus to the train station!”
Sirius being a fountain of knowledge when drunk shouted “Why don’t you apparate?” James clamped his hand over Sirius mouth and hissed in his ear. Remus who was very drunk offered to apparate Aime home

“What so you can take advantage of me in my drunken state.” Slurred Aime.

“Well if I didn’t think that you’d kill me the next morning I would.” Remus smiled at her cheekily.

“Do you two want to be left alone?” asked Sirius stumbling for the door. Aime stuck her tongue out at him and the five of them stumbled behind the pub.

James took Lily home. Sirius apparated to his flat above the three broomsticks for a little after hours drinking with Rosmerta. Aime and Remus apparated on to Aime’s front garden. Which is exactly where they found Aime’s mother, passed out in a rose bush with her hair in a pool of puke and her underwear in her hand.

“Aime is that your mum?” Remus asked.

“Yeah.” Said Aime.

“Is she ok.” Remus asked plainly concerned about the woman

“She will be just don’t let her…too late.” Aime replied as her mother woke and staggered to her feet.

“Aime! Shweetie, what a shurprise. And who is this terribly attractive man you have brought to shee me.”

“Mum, Remus. Remus this My Mother.” Aime growled from between gritted teeth.

“Nice to meet yo...” Remus couldn’t finish his sentence since Aime’s mum had jumped on him like a randy she-goat.

“Mum! Get off him! Mum For fuck sake!” Aime yelled prying her mother off a bewildered Remus.

“Aww Aime you never let me have any fun!” Pouted Aime’s mother.

Aime scowled at her mother. “Come on Remus lets go.” Aime said trying to usher Remus away from the vile banshee that was her mother.

“Oh! That’s rite Aime! You take him away just like you drove your father away!” screamed the drunk. “You ruined my life Aime! I hate you…do you know that!? I HATE you. You turned your brothers against me!” Aime’s Mother advanced on her a few steps and poked her in the chest. Aime glared at her and screamed back

“Mom, you did that all by yourself. You never looked after them! You never deserved to have them!”

“I never wanted them! I never wanted You! Get the fuck away from me! Get away! Go! You ruined my life!” Aime's mother screamed back. The drunk woman slapped her daughter hard across the face. Aime slapped the older woman back.

“I hate you Aime. Get out of my sight!” the older woman said holding her cheek.

“That’s a real shame Mom because I love you.” Aime murmured back.

“Leave me alone Aime. Find somewhere else to live.” Spat the older woman.

Remus had watched the exchange between the two women in stunned amazement. As Aime turned around to face him he could see that she had tears in her eyes all he could do was hug her. “Come on you can stay with me until you can find another place.” He whispered into her hair, he felt her nod, then they apparated.

A/N: My Latin sucks so these just words that I have found on various websites. The phrases are just words thrown together for my own purposes, I apologise profusely if you know latin and I have just butchered the language for you.
“Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris -If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar."
Impudice- Loose.
flameninis adlevo - Blow up
A proposal and Accusation and A Wedding and A Gift by Little Loony
An accusation a proposal and a wedding.

Disclaimer: Blah Blah J K Rowling Blah Blah Don’t sue please. I own nothing but a fiat punto with a dickey exhaust pipe and a quarter of a bottle of southern comfort and I’ll be damned if your having that. However my sister has money feel free to batter her with a stick to get it.


“He didn’t do it! He can’t have done it!” Aime shouted at Remus.

“He has to have done it there was no one else there!” Remus shouted back.

“Look he wasn’t there. He didn’t have a motive.” Aime said through gritted teeth trying to force herself to be calm.

“Well there are three likely suspects. I am one of them then there is him and him!” Remus bellowed gesticulating wildly.

“Remus I am telling you that there is no possible way that he could have done it! He wasn’t even there! So it has to be him.” Aime shouted pointing at the third person in the room.

“Calm down its only Cluedo.” Sirius said from his reclining position on the shabby couch.” There is no need to get all riled up about a game.” He continued raising his arm from across his eyes to look at the warring pair.

“Yes. But Remus won’t take it that I am right. It was Professor Plum in the Library with the lead pipe!” Aime said her voice exasperated, as though she was explaining something difficult for the fiftieth time to a precocious toddler.

“She.” Remus pointed at Aime. “Doesn’t understand that it was Colonel Mustard with the lead pipe in the library.” Remus said through gritted teeth.

“My dear Mr Moony I must interject.” Lily said from the opposite side of the room “You are in fact both wrong. It was Mrs Peacock in the library with the Candlestick.”

At this remark Peter grabbed the little envelope containing the answers. “This could go on all night I am calling that whoever is closest wins the game. All in favour?”

Sirius raised his arm; James lifted his head from the table and nodded. “Fine” Aime said folding her arms.

“Then we are in agreement? Good.” Peter opened the envelope and grinned. “It is…Lily’s game. Mrs Peacock, Library, Candlestick.” He made his point by throwing down each card individually.

Remus’ Cluedo night with Aime had become a spectator sport. On a Tuesday night The Marauder’s and Lily would go to Remus and Aime’s and watch the two of them argue, fuss and fight with each other over ‘who did it’. Nine times out of ten the game got called to an early finish because one of them had the good sense to separate the argumentative pair. For the rest of the week Remus and Aime were like Ozzie and Harriet.

Sirius thought it was almost sickening. Sirius thought this because he was spending and awful lot of time at Remus and Aime’s house. Well he was since he had ‘forgotten’ to pay his rent. Sirius was bunking down on the couch. It was only a two bed roomed cottage after all. Remus had his ‘shed’ on the back garden. It did have its perks though. The view was spectacular, especially when a newly purple haired Aime decided that she was going to go for a swim. Sirius decided that Aime had definitely grown into her body since they left Hogwarts. Sirius guessed that Remus thought the same, however he wasn’t sure that Remus hadn’t always though it. Sirius made a mental note to ask him at some point. Sirius dragged his thoughts back from his best friend’s possible girlfriend. The purple haired imp that had suddenly engulfed his thoughts, that was unexpected. When his finally got some semblance of control of his libido he heard Lily slightly berating Aime.

“You’re going to have to dye your hair back to brown.” Lily said reasonably or so Sirius thought.

“I’m bloody likely.” Aime replied aghast.

“Aime come on be reasonable you’ll clash with your dress.” Lily said.

“It won’t. Don’t be so daft. It’s still blue isn’t it?” Aime asked.

“Yes.” Lily replied tersely. She pulled a face and looked surprisingly like professor McGonagall.

“Then it’s cool.” Aime replied flippantly. Sirius who had risen from his sprawl on the couch was making his way to the kitchen when Aime asked.

“Sirius have you spoken to your mother lately? She keeps sending howlers here.”

“No she been a bit difficult to harass I mean get a hold of lately.”

“Really? I thought you just drew a pentagram on the floor and chanted ‘I summon thee oh evil one’ three times.”

Sirius spat the water had in his mouth all over the cooker top.

“I hope your going to clean that up.” Remus stated nonchalantly.

“Yes. I. Am.” Sirius said robotically.

“Aww man. They own you like Siegfried owns Roy.” James joked.

“Yeah but I really can make a tiger fly round the room.” Sirius replied smugly.

“Right I am going for a bath.” Aime said pushing herself off her knees from the threadbare carpet. As she passed she ruffled Remus’ slightly longer than usual hair he rolled his eyes and watched her leave the room. Lily was sitting on James knee grinning.

“What?!” Remus exclaimed

Lily just smiled at him and whispered something into James’ ear. James grinned and nodded.

“What?” Remus asked again.

“Remus and Aime sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G first comes love then comes marriage.” Peter sang noticing the couple on the couch. “Then comes Remus with a …oof” Peter continued until he caught a pillow in the stomach for his efforts.

“Aime and I aren’t sleeping together.” Remus said indignantly.

“No one said you were Moony mate. But that’s one guilty conscience that you have there.” Sirius said returning to the adjoining living room with a tea towel draped casually over his shoulder.

“Right lads and Lily I am off home Dolores demands it.” Peter said rising form his chair.

“Pete you are well under the thumb.” Sirius said as Peter took a hand full of floo powder.

“Yes but Sirius my not so astute chum, who is getting sex on a regular basis? Dolores Umbridge Living room.” And with that Peter disappeared in a poof of smoke and green flame.

Remus packed away the argument causing board game, muttering to the room in general.

“I don’t believe he is seeing a woman with the same name as that psychotic bitch of a politician.”

Lily and James looked at each other knowing that it was a sore point for him. James decided at that point to brighten up the irate werewolf.

“I didn’t want to ask you this whilst Pete was here but I was wondering how you two would feel about being our sons god parents?”

“Really!?” Sirius asked swelling with pride. “You’d trust me with your son and all that responsibility?”

James grinned at his friend. And said “Well actually no because that would be Remus’ job since he is the responsible one.”

Sirius returned the smile and yelled “That’s fine it get to be the cool one!” He then proceeded to do a one man conga around the living room.

Remus however was another story altogether, he had frozen in shock. Remus did want to be the kid’s guardian but unfortunately given his condition he wasn’t legally allowed to be.

“James I can’t.” He said quietly. “The law states that anyone with lycanthropy cannot become a legal guardian to a child since it puts the child’s life in jeopardy.”

“Hang on a fucking red hot minute here! Does that mean you’re pregnant!?” Sirius shouted from the kitchen.

James rolled his eyes at the apparent slowness of his best friend.

“Yes Sirius that means I am having the sprog of Prongs.” Lily shouted back but on a quieter note to Remus. “Don’t worry Remus you can still have all guardian rights to the baby. I won’t have it any other way.” Lily wrapped her arms around Remus and gave him a hug.

“Thanks Lils.” He whispered to her.

“Hey do you honestly think that I would let that deranged lunatic look after my kid alone. Personally I’d take you on one of your off nights over Sirius anyday.” Lily grinned at the werewolf. The werewolf grinned back.

***

The wedding went off with out a hitch. It was a spectacular sight to see. Lily looked astonishingly pretty in a simple white wedding dress. It showed off her baby bump slightly and she was glowing. Remus and Sirius had gone shopping in muggle London for suits and the like. Remus had borrowed money off Aime for his suit with the intentions of paying her back. Aime however had other ideas and refused to accept the money.

Sirius had scared the congregation half to death when he appeared in church wearing a kilt. But not just any kilt no, no, no, this one was bright read and gold. Sirius a true Gryffindor. James for his part was leaking like a sieve he was so nervous.

The wedding night however did not go as well as planned. First Lily was too worried about doing the deed with regard to the baby and damaging it and ended up in Aime’s room being told about sex during pregnancy. In various soothing tones from Aime “Of course your not that far along. No it won’t harm the baby and it most certainly cannot see just yet.” Aime had told her and shuffled her out of the room.

James had had a little too much ‘Dutch courage’ and couldn’t perform. He was found in a heap outside the door when a disgruntled and slightly hormonal Lily had left him when passed out drunk in the hall. With a shout of “It’s not that common and it doesn’t happen to all guys And it is a big deal!” Slam went the door and thud went the James. Sirius and Aime who had had a little nosy at the commotion stuck their heads out of the doors of their respective room. Sirius shook his head at the site of his friend.

“Well paint me pink and cover me in ticker tape.” Aime had said as she grabbed James by the arms and propped him up with on the wall. James started giggling like a lunatic.

“I don’t have any paint.” He chuckled to Aime. Aime rolled her eyes at him. Aime knocked on the door. Lily answered it and grabbed the staggering James by his collar and pulled him with her.

The next morning at breakfast the boys had decided that they were going to go play golf. Aime found this insanely amusing since none of them had club’s or even the slightest idea of how to play golf. Sirius had gleefully rent four sets of ‘Golf sticks’ and the four of them had wandered of to the golf course practice swinging all the way. Once the boys were out of sight Aime had dragged Lily back up stairs to her room.

“Sit sit sit.” Aime had pushed Lily on to the bed. Lily sat at her insistent friend’s request.
“I bought you a present.” Aime said returning from the bathroom with an innocuous looking brown bag. And an evil grin plastered all over her face.

“What did you do to it?” Lily asked suspiciously.

“Nothing, Nothing. I didn’t need to do anything I bought it like that.” Aime replied with a smirk.

There was a moment when the two women looked at each other the bag between them. Finally Lily’s curiosity got the better of her she looked in the bag.

“Oh my God!” Lily screamed in surprise. “You actually went into a shop and bought that.” Aime quirked her eyebrow in response. Lily looked on turning furiously red. Aime smirked. “I don’t believe that you bought that.” Lily said with a grin and a nod towards the bag. Aime just grinned.

“I’ve never used one before.” Lily whispered. Aime grinned at her again. Aime scrunched her nose up and smirked at the bright red of Lily’s face.

“You will get used to it. There is lubricant in there and batteries. They aren’t as good as the real thing but desperate times.” Aime finished with a shrug. Aime glanced up at her friend who had pulled the bright orange vibrator out of the bag. “And they don’t leave the toilet seat up.” The pair looked at each other and collapsed into fits of giggles.


A/N: Hey I thought it was funny and it is something that two girls would do. I’m sorry if you’re offended. Ever think that you maybe a little too young to read it?
Making Amends by Little Loony
Making amends.

A/N: This story wasn’t supposed to be this long. It however took and a life of it’s own as is a stories want. It wasn’t mean to be an epic. It was supposed to be a three part humorous take on the marauders. It turned out to be another breed entirely. I hope that everyone who has read it has enjoyed it and I hope that I accomplished my goal of providing a few quotable lines a few bits that people recognise and few laughs along the way. I'd like to thank Kay and Tangle for all their patience and help. I'd like to thank my best friend Elizabeth (aka weasleysqueen) again for her patience and also for her seemingly infinate support and encouragement.

Disclaimer: I own nothing. JK owns everything except the pub and Aime. Please don’t sue.


The day arrived, the day that Aime had been dreading. The service was being held in the Department of Mysteries. Aime guessed that because there was no body to bury, they’d have to say their good byes to the whispering curtain.

Aime saw Remus as soon as she walked in the door. He looked the same to her, same hair, same sad smile, same way of holding himself. Aime looked around the room of sombre faces, Kingsley Shacklebolt who she knew as a regular at the pub that she owned, looked drawn and tired. Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley’s partner, occasional drinking buddy and Sirius’ cousin looked so small and fragile. A huge group of red heads that Aime took to be the Weasley Family all were in various stages of bursting into tears. A bushy haired girl, presumably Hermione was being comforted by one of the red headed families’ boys. That was when Aime saw him, the boy who lived, mini-Prongs. Harry Potter. Aime continued her vigil of people; she saw Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore deep in conversation. Emmeline Vance and ‘Dung Fletcher were crying on each others shoulders, Aime smiled at that, it was such a ridiculous pairing. Professor Dumbledore took his place at the front of the room, Aime watched as Harry sat rigid in his chair next to Remus, She watched as Professor McGonagall took her seat but the person that sat next to her nearly knocked Aime clean off her feet. Severus Snape at Sirius’ funeral! Aime never ever thought that she’d see the day.

Harry had seen a woman with purple hair at the funeral and almost mistook her for Tonks. That was until she got close enough to actually see her; she was older than Tonks, taller than Tonks and in Harry’s opinion not as pretty.


“Goodbye Padders, I’ll miss you” the woman said when she was close to the curtain.


“Excuse me,” Harry had said to get her to turn around, she had tears in her eyes and black mascara trails on her face. “I hope that you don’t mind me asking, who are you?”


The older woman in front of him smiled, the expression took years off her face.


“No I don’t mind,” she said wiping her eyes with a tissue, “My name is Aime; I was a friend of Sirius’ in school.” Harry nodded and then realisation struck him.


“If you knew Sirius you’ll probably have known Professor Lupin,” he said “He’s here you know, I’ll take you to him, he’s been really down; you might be able to…” Harry broke off. Aime was shaking her head.


“I doubt anything I said to Moony-” She paused and corrected herself “Remus, would make him feel better.” Aime said glumly. Harry however, had other ideas and grabbed her arm dragging her across the room to where Remus was comforting a sobbing Mundungus.


“Alright ‘Dung?” Aime said putting a hand on his shoulder.


“Aime…” Dung choked and threw his arms around her.


“Hello.” Remus said, he sounded tense. “Look Aime I just wanted to…”


Aime shook her head and disengaged the bear hug that ‘Dung had got her in, Remus shut up instantly.


“Don’t Remus, not here, besides I need to talk to you, will you come to the pub later? I’ve closed for the day, the wake can be there if you like, just get everyone to Floo over to the Dog and Stag would you?”


“Aime this means a lot to me you know, it would mean a lot to Sirius.” Remus stopped and collected himself; he could feel the hard lump rise in his throat and the tears prickle behind his eyes. Aime smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him, for the first time in a long time he hugged her back.

****

Sirius had been in touch since he broke out of Azkaban. Aime had been stunned when a haggard looking Sirius had walked into the Dog and Stag and ordered two pints of Guinness and a Shepherds Pie, Aime had obliged him and it was of course on the house. Aime had also allowed Sirius to stay with her; she even lent him her parrot to take messages to Harry. One night after closing time, after Aime had collected all of the glasses, cashed up and had a coffee, Sirius walked into the living room silently behind her. His emaciated jeans and t-shirt clad form was disconcerting for Aime to see, especially when her fondest image of Sirius was when he was wearing his first leather jacket that summer at the Lupin’s house.



“Have you ever seen Harry?” Sirius had asked her quietly.


“No, not once,” Aime replied as she sipped her lukewarm coffee.

“He looks just like James, but with Lily’s eyes.” Sirius murmured.

“So he not a red head then?” Aime said a small smile playing on her lips.

“No. That’s Ron.” Sirius replied.

“I messed up Aime, I blamed the wrong man.” Sirius muttered quietly,

“I blamed the wrong man too Sirius,” Aime said looking into the nearly empty cup.

“Do you miss him?” Sirius asked.

“I miss him,” Aime stated simply, “I miss him more than anything in the world and I know exactly where he is, how stupid is that? I can’t even face him now to apologise. I am officially the dumbest Ravenclaw ever to grace the planet.”

Sirius smiled and the pair sat in silence watching the deep dark night turn into beautiful dawn. Orange, pink and red sunlight spilled across the room and bathed the reflective pair in colour. Finally Aime broke the silence.

“What’s Harry Like?” Aime asked quietly,

Sirius stretched and yawned, “Harry’s a good kid, and you’ll meet him soon,”

“What did you just say? What on earth do you have planned Black?” Aime said suddenly wide awake.

“I said he’s a good kid,”

“No stupid!” she punched him on the arm “the other part.”

“What the ‘you’ll get to meet him’ part? You’ll see!” Sirius lip curled upward into a devilish grin, much like his pre-Azkaban days. Aime grinned back at him, it had been a long time and she had greatly missed his company.

“I really used to fancy you Aime.” Sirius blushed,

“Why Sirius I do believe that you are blushing,” Aime chided, “Is that why you hung around at mine and Remus’ so long?”

Sirius nodded, “I just figured it was Remus that you fancied,” Sirius’ jaw dropped to his chest.

“You really thought that I fancied Remus? I didn’t even know you knew I was bi’”

Aime pursed her lips, smiled and said “I didn’t until 10 seconds ago.”

Sirius put his head in his hands, and then he started to laugh, “I knew I should have told you first.” Sirius said through guffaws, Aime laughed and nodded.

“Yes, yes you should have, but I guess I’ll forgive you. However for a guy who once demanded to be called Blass Lipstikk, you passed as straight for a long time. You know as apposed to greedy,” the pair of them laughed for a good twenty minutes about ‘Kitty Shinola and Blass Lipstikk’ until Aime could stay up no longer and went to bed to get a couple of hours before opening time at twelve.

Sirius puttered about in the kitchen trying to make pancakes and failing miserably, trying to make eggs and dropping them whilst trying to juggle, Sirius had finally figured out how to use the ‘damnable toaster’ when Aime appeared in the kitchen doorway danced over the dropped eggs and grabbed the coffee pot that was next to the cooker.

“Aime where’s the fire?” Sirius asked the hustling woman in the kitchen.

“I forgot something very important, I’ve got to go quick,” Aime said grabbing at the tea towel over Sirius shoulder. Once she had swigged her coffee and thrown the mug in the sink she ran out of the back door.

Sirius decided that he was going to busy himself through the day. Tidy up and the like but try as he might he couldn’t get Aime out of his head. Sirius decided that he was going to go and clear out the attic instead of mull over Aime and her purple hair. Sirius stuck his head through the attic door and was confronted with boxes covered in dust and spiders clinging on every rafter. He rolled up his sleeves ‘better get started’ he thought to himself. He lifted, he shifted, he dusted, polished and swept. When he had finished, the attic looked immaculate. Sirius decided that he was going to go and get a drink; he practically skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen. Sirius paused in the kitchen doorway; the lights were off all except for a little candle flickering in what looked to be a levitated birthday cake. Sirius exhaled.

“Aime?” he called out tentatively.

“Over here.” Aime said emerging from the pantry with a bottle of wine.

“What’s up?” Sirius asked.

“Nothing, You’ve forgotten haven’t you?” Aime said smiling.

“Forgotten what?” Sirius asked quietly.

“Typical Sirius, you forgot your own birthday! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,” she sang. The candle made her cheeks glow and her eyes shine, Sirius’ breath caught for a moment.

“Aww Aime you shouldn’t have.” Sirius said licking his lips.

“Course I should have,” she grinned, Aime handed Sirius the birthday cake. It was only really the size of a large muffin, but Sirius appreciated it all the same. Sirius broke the muffin in half and handed Aime a piece.

“Thank you.” Aime said, Sirius grinned at her and stuck his thumb squarely in the gooey sweet centre. ‘Smooth Sirius very smooth’ he thought to himself as he stuck his thumb in his mouth to try and erase the evidence of his faux pas. He glanced at Aime who was watching him intently. Aime leaned back onto the kitchen counter top. Unfortunatelt she miss estimated the distance and squashed the cake on to the tip of her nose. Aime shook her head whilst Sirius laughed at her misfortune. Aime raised her hand to wipe away the filling that currently resided on the tip of her nose, Sirius caught her hand.

“Here let me,” he said his voice soft and husky, he brought up his hand, not to her nose, but to the side of her face, he tilted her chin up towards him, he leaned in.

‘I don’t believe he’s doing this’ Aime thought,

‘I don’t believe I’m doing this’ Sirius thought,

Sirius leaned closer, lips closing around the tip of her nose; he flicked his tongue against her skin catching the sugary filling. His lips clung to her as he pulled away oh so slowly.

Their faces hovered only inches apart both fearing the rejection that they might find there, each found only a mirror for their fascination.

Aime leaned forward and kissed him, his lips tasted of sugar and chocolate, his lips tasted like Remus’.

“Sirius we can’t do this, I picked the wrong guy again, don’t hate me,” Aime whispered.

“I don’t hate you, I couldn’t if I tried,” Sirius said leaning his forehead gently on hers.

“I just needed to feel wanted.” Sirius grinned, that boyish grin of his. The one that made his eyes sparkle and the one that stopped many a female from functioning on all cylinders. Aime grinned wickedly back.

*****
Remus decided he was going to apparate to the pub. The last conversation that Aime and he had replaying in his confused brain.

“Aime It was Sirius,” Remus had said when he stumbled home from what used to be James and Lily’s house.

“It wasn’t, it can’t have been.” Aime’s eye’s glazed over; she sat on the kitchen table thunder struck.

“It was he was the only one that knew where they were!” Remus yelled temper flaring.

Aime glared at him, stomped out of the kitchen and to their bedroom. Remus followed her.

“It has to have been him Aime! Peter says he was with Dolores and I was looking for a fucking job.”

“Remus I am not taking Peter’s fucking word for his own whereabouts, I don’t trust him now and Dolores has had a weird influence on him, don’t even get me fucking started on you.” Aime screamed at him as she ripped her clothes from their hangers.

“Are you accusing me now?” Remus shouted.

“Yes I am! All this supposed job hunting and you could have been working for Voldemort all along!” Aime paused mid grab as she screamed at her boyfriend.

“Yeah that’s right Aime! Accuse the werewolf, I’m a fucking easy target for everyone else, why not you too?!”

“This has nothing to do with you being a werewolf! This has more to do with the fact that on our anniversary you were out screwing some bloke that you met in a pub. Chris was it? Connor? Whoever!”

Remus’ face fell. How did she know about Connor? Only one person knew about him and that was Peter and he wouldn’t tell Aime, he’d promised. Aime was stuffing her clothes untidily into her suitcase.

“Aime I’m…” Aime didn’t even look up, “Aime please look at me.” Remus continued, she still didn’t look up. “Aime it was a one time thing I never meant to hurt you.” then Aime looked up eye’s burning with hate.

“Remus you never wanted me to find out! If you didn’t want to hurt me, you wouldn’t have done it!”

Remus looked quietly at the purple whirlwind that was trashing their bedroom at the moment.

“Fuck you Remus, fuck your morals, fuck your women and fuck your men for that matter, fuck your damn sense of honour. He didn’t do it and if you’re too blind to see it, fuck you too! Goodbye!” the door slammed shut.

That was the last time Remus ever saw Aime, 12 years ago. His last memory was of her retreating back, ‘at least I can try and make amends now’. Remus took a deep breath and let it rush out in a hiss, he steeled himself and walked into the pub, Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall were sat quietly in a corner. Minerva looked like she had just stopped crying; even Snape looked a little red eyed. Dumbledore looked old which Remus noted was no mean feat for a guy who could out quickstep a 30 something year old dance instructor. Harry, Hermione and Ron were sat near the fire place with ‘Dung who was no doubt introducing the trio to the joys of cirrhosis. Hermione sniffed at the shot that ‘Dung placed in front of her, wrinkled her nose and knocked it back quickly and shuddered at the taste. Arthur and Bill were talking quietly near the bar, Charlie was comforting Tonks who had been crying since the funeral.

“I’m surprised poor Tonks has any tears left to cry.” Aime said from behind Remus.

“Do you usually let minors drink in your pub?” Remus quizzed her nodding toward the tipsy trio, Aime smiled.

“What kind of honorary marauder do you think I’d be if I didn’t get Mini-Prongs drunk?” Aime replied quietly, this time it was Remus that smiled.

“Professor Lupin, would you come and sit with us?” Hermione asked. Remus nodded and went and sat with ‘Dung, Harry, Ron and Hermione. Aime retreated behind the bar and re-emerged moments later with a dusty old whiskey bottle in hand.

“Remember this Professor,” Aime said waggling the bottle between her thumb and forefinger.

“Oh good god!” Remus exclaimed,

“What?” Questioned Harry,

“This Mini-Prongs, is the first bottle that the Marauders ever used to play truth or dare with, provided of course by your Dad and Sirius.” Aime smirked as she perched on the chair beside Harry “Want to play a game for old time sake Remmy?” Remus glared at her.

“First, call me Remmy again and I will stick that bottle somewhere really tight and second I don’t think that the kids will appreciate your questions.” Remus replied tightly.

“Oh come on for absent friends? Please?” Aime grabbed at the final straw. Remus looked unimpressed, Harry Ron and Hermione looked eager, Dung looked sleepy. The professors excused themselves knowing full well that all in the room were obliged to play as were the marauders truth or dare rules. Molly and Arthur disappeared to the rooms that Aime had provided her guests which just left the trio and two ex-marauders. Hermione glanced around the room to survey who would be playing.

“So that’s how to clear a room with out magic.” Ron muttered.

“Shall we begin? In memory of absent friends, Sirius, James, Lily anymore to add” Aime asked with an air of ceremony.

“Cedric Diggory,” Harry put in, Aime nodded and placed the bottle on the table.

“Wait what ever truths are said in this room stays in this room, all dares must be legal.” Remus jumped in.

“Aww crap Moony you’re no fun, all questions are legal and must be answered,”

Aime spun the bottle the five of them held their breaths until it slowed to a halt and pointed straight at Hermione.

“Hermione, truth or dare?” Aime asked devilishly.

“Truth.” Hermione said

“Who was your first ever student/teacher crush.” Aime began.

Hermione blushed crimson, Ron grinned Harry looked like we was squirming for his friend, Hermione inclined her head towards an impassive looking Remus.

“Professor Lupin.” Hermione said. Harry cracked up; Ron looked like he was close to hysterical giggles, Remus blushed nearly as deeply as Hermione, Aime smiled. Hermione spun the bottle, it slowed and stopped and pointed at Remus.

“Dare!” Remus exclaimed standing.

“Fine I dare you to steal a pair of Tonks pants and wear them on your head for the next two spins.” Aime said.

“Fine.” Remus said and with a crack he apparated from the room. 5 minutes passed in stony silence. Remus re-appeared with a pop brandishing some pink pants with bright blue hippogriffs on them and promptly put them on his head. Harry looked on aghast as Aime flicked her wand and made the hippogriffs chase each other. Hermione was fighting back giggles. Ron was snorting into his pint of Guinness.

“It goes no further,” Remus said through gritted teeth. Remus spun the bottle it landed on Aime, she picked truth.

“Who was, or is the love of your life?” asked Remus snidely.

Aime didn’t miss a beat, “Darien Fawkes,” Remus’ eyebrows nearly took leave of his head. “I’m kidding! It was... Is Remus John Lupin, I always regretted storming out on him. He was funny and clever, and he had the biggest dic...” Remus clamped his hand over Aime’s mouth.

“I think that’s enough. I do like to think I have some privacy,” Remus stammered going slightly pink and removing his hand from Aime’s mouth,

“I was only going to say that he had the biggest dictionary I have ever seen,” Aime continued innocently looking around at the shocked faces at the table.

The game continued on into the early hours. Ron confessed to Hermione that he really fancied her, Harry sang ‘Blue Moon’ to a sleeping Dung. And finally the five of them woke Dung up, singing to ‘Werewolves of London’ by Warren Zevon, as a triple fluffy dare by Ginny who had woken up at the sound of Harry, who was now known as ‘The Boy who lived, but can’t carry a tune in a bucket’ singing. Ginny and Harry got together, much to Ron’s pleasure over a bottle of peach schnapps in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Aime wandered off up to her living room tailed by Remus. Leaving the trio and Ginny to run riot down in the bar, Remus dropped onto the over stuffed couch, Aime re-appeared wearing a cotton night dress with a teddy bear on the front and carrying two mugs of what smelt like coffee to Remus.

“Hi,” Aime said as she sat down beside him tucking her long legs underneath her,

“Hi,” Remus said taking the coffee from her. The pair of them sat in an uncomfortable silence.

“Did you really mean what you said about...?” Remus’ question trailed off,

“About you having a big dictionary?” Aime smirked, Remus grinned.

“No, about me being the love of your life,”

“Every word,” Aime replied simply looking directly at Remus, “I still love you. I always have.”

“Why did you leave me then?” Remus asked his tone was almost childlike.

“I didn’t want to go through what my mum went through, totally selfish self preservation bollocks,”

Remus nodded and put his coffee down, he put his arm around her shoulders and she leaned into him. Aime rested her head on Remus’ shoulder.

“I’m sorry about Connor, I’m sorry about hurting you, it was just a stupid teenage fling that should never have happened, even once.” Remus whispered into her hair, Aime nodded as two hot drops of liquid hit Remus’ shirt, “Are you crying?” Aime nodded again.

“Remus I kissed Sirius the last time I saw him, are you mad at me?”

Remus shook his head, “I thought that Sirius was gay.”

“No he was bi, that’s why he spent so much time at ours, I could never decide if it was you or me he fancied at the time,” Remus laughed at that comment.

“Do you want to go upstairs?” Remus asked,

“Remus we are upstairs,” Aime sniped gently.

“Aime, do I have to spell this out to you? I love you! I want to apologise for being a jerk in private,”

“I was the jerk, I should apologise,” Aime said rising from the couch,

“I’m apologising first,” Remus said grabbing her wrist and pulling her back down,

“No me,” Aime said leaning towards him.

“No! Me!” Remus said wrapping his arm around her waist.

“Oh Sorry guys,” said Ron as he clamped his hand over his eyes, “Don’t go in there,” he mumbled to Hermione, “You don’t want to see that!”

Remus and Aime cracked up, Aime got off Remus knee.

“Well that killed it,” Remus said looked down at his crotch, Aime laughed at the dejected look on Remus’ face.

“So... Aime, how’s it going?” Remus said quickly regaining the earlier awkwardness that six pints and a pork pie had removed from him.

“To hell in a hand basket, if that is how fast you recover from a seduction!”

“I did wonder what you were doing straddling me,” Remus answered her with a grin; Aime shot him a deadly glare.

“Try again?” asked Remus, Aime shook her head.

“Your bloody students killed it,”

“Go on Aime,” Remus pleaded.

“I hate you,” Aime said with a grin planting a kiss on Remus’ lips.

“I hate you too,” Remus replied kissing her back.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=10085