Am I Invisible? by Constellation
Summary: Jillian Cole is in her fourth year at Hogwarts. As the youngest of eight children, Jillian is practically invisible. Her only friends include her books, the librarian, and a strange ghost in the girl's bathroom. Then, Jillian finds out a horrible secret about one of the teachers. Can she have enough courage to stop them? Can she change from being invisible to being a hero? Find out. actually got the next chapter out, I mean it! Enjoy
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No Word count: 20057 Read: 51969 Published: 01/17/05 Updated: 09/05/07

1. On to Hogwarts by Constellation

2. The First day (a.k.a. Chaos) by Constellation

3. Down the toilet? by Constellation

4. Meeting of Strangers (again) by Constellation

5. Detention by Constellation

6. Into the Forest? For protection? You're mad! by Constellation

7. Spots and Secrets by Constellation

8. THE LAST NAME!!! Bwahahahahaha by Constellation

9. Lost Invisibility by Constellation

10. Panic by Constellation

11. Dreaded Night by Constellation

12. Christmas Day by Constellation

13. Hey, wait, what's happening here? by Constellation

14. Change by Constellation

15. Something Evil by Constellation

16. Finding A Way Out by Constellation

17. Danger Zone by Constellation

On to Hogwarts by Constellation
Jillian ran through the wall at platform 9¾ and almost ran into the person in front of her. “Sorry,” she mumbled, but, of course, he didn’t seem to notice her. Jillian rolled her eyes at him and stepped around him before Kirsten could run her over.



As soon as she moved, Kirsten ran through the wall, barely missing her and the other person, and ran to her boyfriend Lucius. Jillian liked to think of him as the Locust because he was so disgusting, but she never said anything to Kirsten about that.



Jillian sighed, looked at the scarlet steam engine before her, and smiled. She really liked going to Hogwarts, but there were those times when she wished she could have gone before the rest of her family. At Hogwarts, she was practically invisible. It was amazing what she could do or listen to just because she was unnoticeable.



But with no friends except Moaning Myrtle in the girl’s bathroom, she had no one to gossip with. Their loss, she thought as she lugged her cart behind her. She made it to the train without any mishaps, but when she was about to board, the side of her suitcase split, and her new book, The History of Vampires, tumbled onto the sidewalk.



Jillian bit her lip to keep from screaming out her frustration and picked up the book just in time for someone to run past a mud puddle and splash water all over her brand new coat.



Jillian clenched her teeth to keep from saying some very bad words and got her wand out. “Milanse,” she said. The water was swept from her coat and floated in front of her. She looked at it mischievously and grinned as she sent it to the boy that had splashed it over her. It landed right on top of his head.



Jillian laughed and hurriedly got on the train. She examined the split in her suitcase and calculated the time it would take to sew it up. She wished her Aunt Ginger were here. She could have had it sewn up in less than ten seconds.



Wait, she thought suddenly, I’m a witch. I should be doing spells, not sewing it up manually. That would be a disgrace to my family.



“Reparo,” she whispered under her breath, and it was sewn nice and neat. A way better job than she could have ever done.



She noticed other people getting on the train and decided to keep moving. She moved to her usual spot at the very end of the train and sat down. She leaned back into the seat and sighed. Here goes another year at Hogwarts.



The door was suddenly opened and Jillian looked up curiously into the face of the Locust. “What do you want?” She asked rudely.



He didn’t seem to notice that she had spoken. “Kirsten says you have her money.”



Jillian rolled her eyes and pulled out the bag of Galleons, Knuts, and Sickles, and shoved them into his hands. He didn’t even thank her as he walked out of the room staring at the gold inside the bag.



If her family hadn’t been so rich - her father was second in command after the Minister of Magic - the Locust would have cleaned them out with his greedy ways. Jillian shook her head in disgust and looked out the window.



There was her mother, kissing Jane and Kirsten good-bye. Her older brother, Dean, was standing beside her, glancing at his watch. Jillian knew he needed to get back to work for his father.



They looked like a very happy family as Jillian’s mother wiped away a few tears when the girls boarded the train. Too bad she had to be the weird one.



Jillian pushed the thought away, took out The History of Vampires, and started reading. She barely noticed when the train started to move, she was so fascinated by the book. As the countryside rolled past her window, Jillian was off to the Black Forest. In fact, she wasn’t interrupted until the food cart came around at about 1:00. She bought some Chocolate Frogs and Pumpkins Pasties and returned to her book.



After she had eaten all the candies, Jillian put down her book and decided to take a nap.



The wind whipped past her as she urged her broomstick higher and higher. The clouds offered refuge from one of the Bludgers that had just flown past her. She searched around, looking, looking for the Snitch when a bolt of lightening suddenly slammed down on her. She was falling, falling. She had failed again. Was there nothing outside of books she could do right? Falling, falling, falling. The dark enveloped her as she hit the ground with a jerk.



Jillian groaned and pushed herself up off the ground. Why did she always fall whenever she dreamt about Quidditch? She kneeled next to the seat sleepily and yawned. She reached for her book and hugged it close to her, pushing the rest of the dream away.



After stretching and yawning in a very unladylike manner, she noticed a face looking through the compartment door at her and stopped mid-yawn. She stared at the boy, but he turned abruptly and walked down the hallway.



Jillian jumped up and opened the door, but when she looked down the way he went, there was no one there. It was eerily quiet on the train, and Jillian noticed that it was no longer moving.



Oh, no. She ran down the hallway and out the door to find no one there either. She cursed herself and started walking down the road that led to Hogwarts. She shivered and pulled her robes around her.



It could be wor - Jillian stopped herself before she could complete the thought, but it was too late. The sky rumbled, and it started to hail and rain at the same time. She stood there for a second, cursing everything, but she was soon running.



She shivered and pulled her robes around her tighter. She finally saw the castle and sighed in relief. She ran up the steps and banged on the front door. She waited for a few seconds, shivering, when Professor McGonagall opened the doors and gave Jillian a stern look.



“Miss Jillian, I see you are late. Come along. The feast is waiting.”



Jillian could only nod and follow the Professor through the corridor to the Great Hall. When she opened the door, every single person at the four tables was staring at her. For once, she didn’t like the attention, so she moved forward quietly and sat down in front of the feast. Soon, the talk started up, and everyone forgot about Jillian. Jillian only sighed and started eating.



I guess invisibility could be a good thing sometimes, she thought as she sipped her pumpkin juice.
The First day (a.k.a. Chaos) by Constellation
Sunlight?

Noooooo, thought Jillian as she squinted her eyes open and glared at the window next to her bed. Do I really have to wake up?

Jillian sighed and groaned as she sat up. She stood up and, avoiding the mirror, pulled on a robe and started to brush through the tangled mess that her hair always liked to become whenever she slept.

None of the others who shared her dormitory were there, but that wasn’t a surprise. She had always prized her morning hours, and the others didn’t seem to want to change that. In fact, they hardly ever noticed her except in the mornings.

Jillian stretched her stiff muscles and walked out of the dormitory. When she reached the Great Hall, she slumped into a seat at the end of the table and pulled out her schedule. She groaned when the first thing she saw was Herbology. It was not her subject.

All the first years - still getting used to the idea of being witches and wizards - were staring in awe at the ceiling and bumping into everyone else including her. She almost charmed some of them to get them out of her way, but Jillian resisted.

She yawned quietly and wolfed down a piece of toast smothered in marmalade. She took a sip of milk and rushed upstairs to see if she could meet Myrtle before she had to go to class.

When she reached the girl’s bathroom, she banged open the door to the sound of a girl wailing. Myrtle screeched, “Who’s in this bathroom. Can’t you tell I’m busy?”

Jillian rolled her eyes and put her bag of books down. “Myrtle, how many times do I have to come in here for you to know it’s me.”

Myrtle came out of her stall and glared at Jillian with puffy red eyes. “I was just having a wonderful time reliving my death, and you came and d-disturbed m-me.” She started sobbing again and rushed back into her stall.

Jillian bit her lip and wondered - like she always did when Myrtle rushed off in one of her moods - if she should follow her and comfort her, but the first time she tried that, Myrtle had almost plunged her down the toilet. She did not want to repeat the experience.

Instead she called out, “I’ll come back after lunch. Just remember that you have a choice whether you want to be depressed or not.” Myrtle answered her with loud wails of despair. “I guess it’s the first one, then,” Jillian muttered as she stepped out of the bathroom and made her way toward the greenhouses.

Herbology passed as usual with Jillian getting bitten - today, by some strange two headed plant - at least six or seven times, and the teacher, Professor Sprout, being busy with the Hufflepuff students and not noticing her raised hand for help.

Then, it was Transfiguration. This was her favorite subject because she could actually do it. Well, this and Charms. She never raised her hand, though, and Jillian never knew why. It was as if someone had frozen her lips, and she couldn’t ever utter a word let alone the right answer when everyone was looking at her expectantly. She just followed instructions and tried to go at the same slow pace as the others.

Next, it was lunch, and Jillian tried to get to Myrtle’s bathroom, but it was flooded, so she didn’t bother. She went to Defense Against the Dark Arts and did almost as badly as she did in Herbology. It was a good thing she like to read about creatures like vampires and banshees, or she would have failed the class forever ago. Whenever she was faced with dark creatures - like the boggart last year - she was frozen, and the teacher always had to save her. She was never chosen to go first or even in the line to go against the creatures. She could do the spells; she just couldn’t do them with the creatures.

Next was History of Magic, which Jillian called her “nap period.” She read the things she learned from Professor Binns, and it was much more interesting than when he droned on about it.

Then, it was wonderful freedom and dinner in the Great Hall. After she had eaten, Jillian went to the library. It was her favorite place in the whole castle because it had two of her best friends in one: the books, and the librarian.

She slid into her usual chair at her usual table and sighed as she leaned back and breathed in the smell of books. She caught Madam Pince’s eye and smiled. Everyone else thought she was so stiff and austere, but Jillian thought she was interesting. She knew everything about books and history and spells, and she fascinated Jillian with her stories. They had become friends when Jillian had accidentally pushed over a bookcase when she reached to far to get an interesting looking book. Having detention in the library had started her relationship with Madam Pince, and ever since then, they had often stayed up late discussing topics from the Ministry of Magic to dragons.

Right now, Madam Pince was busy, so Jillian just looked around. There were a few people there which surprised her a little since rarely anyone ever came into the library on the first day back to Hogwarts.

One person caught her interest. He was holding a book in front of his face, but every once in a while he would look above the edge and glance around as if he was expecting someone. Jillian watched him and finally figured out why he seemed familiar to her. That boy on the train that she had seen when she woke up!

She narrowed her eyes and saw him shake his head and stand up. Jillian saw his robes and scarf. He was Slytherin, obviously. As a Gryffindor, she was a sworn enemy of Slytherin. She stared at him boldly and defiantly, and he noticed her stare. He raised an eyebrow scornfully and exited the library.

Jillian stuck out her tongue and pulled a book in front of her face. She would just ignore him from now on. He was obviously just like every other Slytherin, but she’d never seen him before. That was different. She was sure she knew every face in the castle because she could watch people, and they wouldn’t even know she was there. Very interesting.

Jillian shook her head and put the weird boy out of her head as Madam Pince walked over and greeted her. She made herself comfortable and started to ask questions. This was the chaos of life. Curiosity, magic, people. All of it.
Down the toilet? by Constellation
Jillian hummed a small tune as she let herself into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. As soon as she heard the usual wails, she grinned and started singing a ridiculous made-up song as loud as she could.

As soon as the song stuttered to a stop “ because Jillian couldn’t think of anymore words to go with it “ Moaning Myrtle was floating before her with a scowl on her face and tears leaking out of her eyes.

“Jillian, if you’re going to be happy in my presence, why don’t you just leave?”

Jillian laughed at that, which made Moaning Myrtle huff loudly, and replies, “Because you’d miss me.”

Myrtle rolled her eyes and suddenly drooped. “You d-don’t know w-what it l-like to b-be d-d-d-d-d-dead!” She wailed as she rushed back into her stall.

Jillian sighed and decided that she would go after her just this once. She gulped and walked toward the stall and asked Myrtle in a sympathetic, kind voice, “What’s that matter, Myrtle.”

Moaning Myrtle obviously didn’t want to be talked to in a kind, sympathetic way because she suddenly reared up and yelled, “Don’t you pity me, you friendless bi-”

She was cut off by Jillian who threw a pipe at her, which went right through her head and landed with a thud against the wall. Instead of wailing and going down the toilet like she would have if someone else had done it, Myrtle attacked.

She grabbed a different pipe and chased after a laughing Jillian until Myrtle cornered Jillian in her stall. For the first time, Jillian saw Myrtle smile, but it wasn’t that kind of smile that you would ever want to see on a ghost.

“Myrtle, don’t you dare-”

Myrtle pushed her into the toilet.

Jillian came up sputtering, but she was pushed back. Jillian managed to get a breath and yelled, “Are you trying to kill me?!”

Myrtle giggled and said, “No, but I want to show you what it’s like. Koralis.”

The toilet suddenly widened, and Jillian wondered for only second how Myrtle could have done that. The next second she was going down the widened toilet screaming at the top of her lungs.

Jillian ended up in the lake. She couldn’t breath, so she struggled to the top until she burst out of the surface and gulped in some air. She breathed harshly as Myrtle floated up beside her.

“That was more fun than it usually is.”

Jillian “ still breathing hard “ coughed out, “Y-you brought me down a t-toilet?!”

Myrtle giggled, which surprised Jillian almost as much as going down the toilet, and replied, “You should see this lake. Come on.”

Jillian eyed her warily and asked, “I don’t have to go down anymore toilets or anything equally gross, right?”

Myrtle shook her head and ducked under the surface. Jillian bit her lip indecisively, then pulled out her wand and used it to make a bubble of air around her. She wasn’t supposed to know this one, but Professor Flitwick had let it slip. She had learned it from a book because she was curious. Now, it might useful.

She followed Myrtle down under the water and blinked her eyes to get used to the strange light under water. She swam up to Myrtle who gestured for her to follow.

Jillian nodded to show she understood and followed Myrtle. They swam for a while when Jillian felt something wrap around her ankle. She screamed and looked down. A strange creature was staring at her from some seaweed. She struggled to get her ankle away, but it only held on tighter. Jillian pulled out her wand and “ wondering briefly if fire could be made underwater “ shot a spell at it. It let go immediately, and Jillian swam up to avoid being caught again.

Myrtle was farther ahead, so Jillian struggled hard to catch up. When Myrtle finally stopped, Jillian was able to catch up.

Myrtle sighed and said, “Look at those mermaids.”

Jillian stared wide-eyed at the underwater city before her. Those were certainly mermaids and mermen. Jillian blinked when one of them suddenly came forward and said, “No one enters here. Leave.”

Jillian immediately backed away, knowing they were no match against him. Myrtle followed her, and they once again broke the surface.

The first thing Jillian said was, “You know, you didn’t have to stuff me down a toilet to show me that.”

Myrtle turned her back and muttered, “Never appreciative.”

She disappeared under the water, and Jillian started swimming toward shore. It was hard for her, and she was short on breath when she finally reached shore. She lay on the edge of the lake for a few minutes catching her breath.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she opened her eyes, she screamed at the sight of that Slytherin boy standing above her. She jumped up and glared at him. “What are you staring at?” she asked in her rudest, snottiest voice. It was actually effective if she ever used it.

The boy only sneered at her and turned. Jillian watched him until he was out of sight before she stared down at her wet robes. It was past dark, and she needed to get back to her dormitory to change before dinner. She sighed and ran up the hill toward Hogwarts.

When she reached the front doors, she had a sudden wish that she knew some secret passages into the castle. It would make getting in without anyone seeing her wet clothes a lot easier.

She took a deep breath and opened the doors carefully. She walked down the hall, and ran into the last person she wanted to see.

“Miss Jillian, may I ask why your clothes are all wet?”

Jillian looked away from Professor McGonagall and at her feet and answered, “I’m sorry Professor. I fell into the lake.”

Professor McGonagall raised an eyebrow and stared at the drenched student before her. She sighed and said. “You had better get to your dormitory and change before dinner, Miss Cole.”

Jillian nodded meekly and let out a relieved breath as soon as the Professor was out of earshot. She ran up the stairs to her common room and up to her dormitory. All the girls stared at her as she entered, but immediately looked away, not bothering to ask about her drenched state of dress. Jillian scowled at them, and she wanted to say something rude so she could get their attention, but she restrained herself with difficulty. She was dressed quickly and down to dinner before she could do anything she would regret.
Meeting of Strangers (again) by Constellation
Jillian looked around the corner cautiously and snuck to the door leading to the grounds. She dragged her broomstick behind her and stepped out into the bitterly cold, but somehow soothing, night.

Jillian took a deep breath and started toward the Quidditch fields at a crouched run. When she reached the fields, she made sure no one was still practicing or watching before she brought her Nimbus 2000 around and mounted it. She kicked off and let the sensations of flying take hold of her.

She had wanted to try out for the Quidditch team this year, but when she had reached the tryouts, she had turned beet red and ran out as quickly as possible. She didn’t want to fly in front of people. It made her nervous, and being nervous on a broomstick meant falling off.

Jillian practiced some dips and turns before just going in lazy turns around the field. She had done this last year, too, always at night. It was more peaceful here at night.

She watched the almost full moon in awe. It was always the best night to fly, the still gibbous moon casting the eerie shadows of the stands. It was like a very bright night light.

Jillian turned her broom toward the ground and saw someone staring up at her. She narrowed her eyes in their direction and swooped down. The person turned away and started off the fields in a run, and that made Jillian even more suspicious.

She dove toward them and landed on top of them with an oomph. Jillian brought her broom out from under her but stayed on the student’s back. She pulled back the hood that was hiding their face and glared into the face of that Slytherin.

She just scowled at him before he spoke for the first time that she had heard, “If you wouldn’t mind, my back is starting to ache. It is not accustomed to holding people on top of it.”

Jillian pulled out her wand as she stepped off carefully. She pointed it straight at him and said, “Why are you following me?”

He sneered that famous Slytherin sneer and replied, “What makes you think I’m following you?”

Jillian narrowed her eyes further and took a deep breath to calm herself. “I may not be the smartest person at Hogwarts, but neither am I the stupidest.”

He tucked his hands in his pockets and said nothing. Jillian rolled her eyes. “All right, let’s start with an easier question. Who are you?”

He didn’t answer.

“Why have I never seen you before?”

Again, he didn’t answer, and Jillian’s calm left her. “Petrificus Totalus!”

He went rigid and fell to the ground. Jillian walked up to him and turned him onto his back. “You know, I should just leave you out here for Madam Hooch to find.”

The Slytherin glared at her, but couldn’t do anything else. Jillian stood, sighed, and performed the counter spell. She walked away, wand still in hand as he stumbled to his feet.

She was almost out of the fields when she remembered her broom. She turned and saw the Slytherin holding it. She stomped back to him as he grinned nastily at her and tried to take it. He held it above his head as she made a jump for it.

“I didn’t do anything to you, so give me back my broom!”

He raised an eyebrow. “Nothing, hmm?”

Jillian pointed her wand at him again, but he was ready. “Expelliarmus!”

Jillian cursed herself for not remembering the simple spell as she flew backward and landed on the grass with a grunt. She shook her head and stared dazedly at the Slytherin as he walked toward her. She stood up quickly before he had the chance to tower over her too much. She wasn’t very tall, but neither was he.

She sized him up as he walked closer. He had dark brown hair and dark eyes. He was about half a foot taller than Jillian, and he had a wand and her broomstick. This was a bad situation.

Jillian stood her ground, though, and held her chin up. She didn’t feel as threatened by him as she should have been, and she didn’t know why.

As he came closer, Jillian asked him, “Who are you?”

He studied her for a second before saying, “You are smaller than I and unarmed, yet you still ask questions?”

Jillian suddenly felt a wave a tiredness descend on her. She yawned and blinked her eyes a few times before replying, “I’m curious.”

She saw a faint grin form on his mouth as he asked, “Do you know who Professor Kilicus is?”

Jillian blinked again and laughed tiredly. Everything was starting to go out of focus. “Of course I know who he is. The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.”

He nodded and stepped closer. “Are you tired, yet?”

Jillian blinked at him in confusion before she finally understood. “You, you, your putting me to sleep!” She said through a yawn. She tried to keep her eyes open but failed. They started losing focus, and the last thing she could remember was his face staring at her as she slumped forward into his arms.




Jillian awoke face first on her bed. She groaned and wondered briefly why her head felt like it was cracking. She sat up and pulled back the curtains to her bed. The sun was high in the sky, and Jillian’s eyes widened as she raced to get dressed.

She stopped suddenly when she remembered it was Sunday. She didn’t have classes today. She sat back on her bed and yawned. I wonder why I’m so tired, she thought.

The night before seemed like a big huge blank, and Jillian didn’t know why. She couldn’t remember anything about it.

Jillian shook her head at the strange feeling and walked down to the common room. It was empty, and everyone was probably outside. Jillian shrugged and jumped out of the portrait hole and went down to breakfast.
Detention by Constellation
“Hey, you!”

At the sound of her usual greeting, Jillian looked up at the Locust and grimaced. “What?”

He looked around and said, “Kirsten wants you to do my essay on vampires for Defense Against the Dark Arts. Here’s the parchment, and it needs to be 36 inches long.” He started to leave but turned back and added, “I need it done by Wednesday.”

Jillian gaped at the Locust as he exited the library and put her hand over her eyes. She really hated it when he did that. Of course, she didn’t have to do it, but that would only cause a duel with her sister, and that would not be a pretty sight - for her!

Jillian sighed and grabbed the parchment. At least she knew the whole history of vampires by heart or she would go shove this paper down the Locust’s throat and make him choke on it. Hopefully, that would cause death, but she doubted it.

“Are you actually going to do it?”

Jillian glanced up at the Slytherin and sighed. “What do you care?”

She felt his stare for a few seconds before she looked up with a glare and said, “Listen, if you want to stare at me, why don’t you find a nice little corner and sit there to do it. I’m busy.”

He only raised an eyebrow and continued staring. His dark eyes sparked a small memory in the back of her brain, but she couldn’t catch it. Jillian narrowed her eyes at him. “Who are you?”

He abruptly turned to walk away but turned suddenly and grabbed the parchment the Locust had given her. Jillian jumped up and snatched it back. They glared at each other in contempt when the boy suddenly pulled out his wand and muttered a spell. The parchment lit up, and Jillian dropped it. It landed on Jillian’s Hogwarts A History and started burning the cover.

Jillian gasped and swiped the burning paper onto the floor where it proceeded to burn a hole in the rug. Jillian stamped on it a few times to stop the fire, but that only seemed to make it bigger. She looked up at the Slytherin and, seeing he was laughing, pulled out her wand.

“Wingardium Leviosa!” The parchment, now turning into ashes, flew up and landed on the Slytherin’s head.

He yelled and started patting his head yelling, “Hot! Hot, hot, hot, hot!”

Jillian had to lean against the table, she was laughing so hard. When he finally got all the ashes and flames out of his hair, he had a few bald spots and a very red face. He clenched his teeth and was about to use his wand a second time when Madam Pince grabbed his ear. Jillian immediately stopped laughing and stared at the floor in shame. This was going to be bad.

It was worse than bad.

Jillian had to have detention for a whole week plus have fifteen points taken away from Gryffindor. The worst part was that she had to do detention with the Slytherin. It had to be the worst punishment she had ever had, even when she had knocked over those bookcases.

Some parts were slightly worth it, though. She had made the Slytherin have to go out and buy a potion used to grow hair back. She hoped it was very painful.

Everyone kept talking about it, too, and looking at her with strange expressions like they expected her to pull out a flaming piece of parchment and throw it at their heads. Some of the Gryffindors had congratulated her for “defeating the enemy.” It was the most attention she had ever gotten in all her four years put together. It was strange to have someone you didn’t know come up and say, “Good luck with that Slytherin in detention. Make sure you burn all his hair off this time.”

Yeah, the memory of the Slytherin hitting his head and yelling, “Hot!” would probably get her through the detention.




Jillian hugged her cloak closer against the chill of winter as she followed Professor McGonagall out to Hagrid’s hut. The Slytherin was following her as they fought against the bitter wind.

When they reached Hagrid’s hut, the Professor knocked on the door loudly and called, “Hagrid, I have the students.”

The door opened with a bang to show a large man at least twice as tall as Jillian and five times as wide. Jillian had never seen Hagrid up close, and was awed by the sheer size of him.

“A’right then! Come along.”

Jillian followed the giant man as he strode across the grounds. Professor McGonagall left them, but Jillian barely noticed. The Slytherin fell into step with Jillian and whispered, “Do you know why he’s leading us toward the Forest?”

Jillian, suddenly noticing where they were going, felt some surprise, excitement, and fear. She knew all the stories about the Dark Forest, but she had never even taken a single step inside.

She followed Hagrid anxiously, but as they reached the edge of the Forest, he steered toward the left and showed them to a stable that Jillian had never noticed before.

“This ‘ere is the stables that Dumbledore uses fer dangerous animals. Yer goin’ to ’elp me take care of ’em.”

Jillian’s eyes widened at the mention of dangerous animals. She hadn’t taken Care of Magical Creatures for a reason and that was because animals usually turned against her. It was a curse in the wizard world because every animal she met was usually dangerous.

The Slytherin said nothing as Hagrid opened the stable door, but Jillian gasped when she saw the beautiful creatures. There were only about four, but they were nothing Jillian had ever seen except for the occasional illustrations in her books.

She stepped inside and pointed to one. “Is that a Hippogriff? And that, that’s a sphinx. This…this is amazing. That’s a -”

“We don’t need an education right now. We already know what everything is,” the Slytherin drawled.

Jillian turned to give him a glare, but Hagrid stopped her by saying, “We’re goin’ t’ be feedin’ that one, there, in the back.”

Jillian looked toward the large cage in the back and asked hesitantly, “What is it?”

Hagrid grinned and answered, “It’s a dragon, o’ course.”

The Slytherin laughed and told Jillian, “You’re feeding it!”



(Author's Note) I'm sorry if I didn't get all of Hagrid's speech right, and I really was going to tell you 'the Slytherin's name' but the right moment didn't come up. Who he is will definitely come up in the next chapter, so be patient.
Into the Forest? For protection? You're mad! by Constellation
“You are incredibly ugly, you know that? Of course, you probably take that as a compliment.”

Jillian stroked the chin of the tiny dragon that she had been taking care of for the past three days. Since the dragon was so small, it could be kept at Hogwarts without danger.

Jillian studied the dragon - she had named it Seinte from the name of a famous dragon studier - and clucked at it. Seinte in turn clucked back and snuggled closer. Her scales were slightly uncomfortable, but Jillian loved it when they cuddled. It reminded her of all the pets she had wanted and never gotten.

She grinned at the thought of what her mother would say if Jillian told her she had a dragon. First, she would probably faint, then she would ask if it would hurt her carpets.

“I have never seen a dragon cuddle with anyone. It’s bloody strange.”

Jillian raised her eyes up to Peter’s - the Slytherin now had a name. About time. “Have you ever seen a dragon before this?”

He grinned and nodded. “My uncle had one once, but it nearly burned his house to cinders so he had to sell it. It was brilliant!”

Jillian grinned and turned back to Seinte. Peter and Jillian had settled on a sort of truce during their detentions, and it was working perfectly. Jillian would care for the dragon, and Peter would look after the cage. Since they rarely fought - unless you count the first time when Peter had shoved her into the cave and almost onto Seinte - detention wasn’t as horrible as she originally thought it would be.

She hummed a small tune as the dragon opened its mouth in a yawn. They only had to send it to sleep before they got out of detention, and Jillian was also getting tired. When Seinte was finally lulled to sleep, Jillian laid her gently on a fire-proof blanket and walked out of the cage. They couldn’t stay in the cage while Seinte slept because she snored in flames. It had been her bad luck to stay and almost get caught on fire the first night.

Peter locked the cage door and tip-toed - very exaggeratingly - out of the stables. Jillian followed with a chuckle. Peter was actually nice for a Slytherin, although, he could seem a little distant when he was thinking. He also had quite a temper, but so did Jillian, so she didn’t mind.

The walked along the edge of the Dark Forest in silence. Jillian peered through the branches curiously and sighed. She really had wanted to go into the Forest, but it was too dangerous for students.

Suddenly, Peter grabbed her arm and stared across the dark grounds. There was a shape moving swiftly toward them.

Peter grabbed Jillian’s hand and pulled her into the Forest.

“Wha-”

Peter put his hand over Jillian’s mouth to stopped her from making any noise as the hurried form got closer. Jillian could see that it walked on two legs and wondered why Peter was so worried. She struggled slightly, but he didn’t let go.

Instead he whispered, “Stay still. We need to move back into the Forest carefully. We don’t want to be seen!”

Jillian’s eyes widened at the thought of going into the Forest. She was just kidding when she thought about going into it. She really didn’t want to go any further. She started to struggle harder, but Peter grasped her upper arm and dragged her along with him as he moved back into the Forest.

They could still see through the trees and watch the form getting closer until it reached the trees. There was very loud breathing as it entered the trees and looked around. Jillian’s eyes widened when a form suddenly appeared beside the other one.

She would have gasped, but Peter’s hand was still making sure no sound escaped. Jillian watched as the two forms started having a quiet conversation. She only caught a few words as they whispered to each other.

“Dumbledore…not good…only sign…night…Dark Forest!”

“Wizards…destroying the…time is…Dumbledore…duty…life.”

It continued on like this as Peter dragged her a bit further back into the Forest until they couldn’t see or hear the two forms any more.

Jillian could hear her heart beating until she heard the distinct sound of someone walking toward them. Then, her heart stopped, literally.

Jillian could tell Peter was holding his breath as he moved back another step. There was a snap of a twig, and Jillian closed her eyes, knowing that they would be caught for sure.

Instead, the footsteps started moving away, and Jillian opened her eyes. Jillian and Peter stayed unmoving for a few minutes before Jillian suddenly elbowed Peter in the stomach.

He let her go with a grunt, and Jillian turned toward him. She whispered, “What just happened here?”

Still clutching his stomach, he only answered, “Don’t tell anyone about what happened. You can’t tell anyone, or there will be more danger than you know.”

Jillian stared at him searchingly and asked, “Do you know who they were?”

He shook his head and said, “That’s what I’m trying to figure out.”

She opened her mouth to ask another question, but only a small squeak of terror came out. Peter, noticing where she was looking, turned quickly and stood face-to-face with a very large spider. He gaped at it and stepped back. The spider breathed on them loudly before suddenly turning and running through the trees.

Jillian clutched her chest and said, “That was the scariest thing I’ve ever seen in my life!”

Peter nodded in agreement and grabbed her hand, tugging her out of the Forest. When they were safely out of the trees, Jillian suddenly asked, “So, you brought me in the Forest because?”

“It was for your protection.”

“Into the Forest? For protection? You’re mad!”

Peter rolled his eyes and started across the grounds. Jillian followed him and asked, “What are we supposed to do now?”

He shook his head and replied, “Nothing. That’s all we can do. Nothing.”

Jillian looked at him thoughtfully and walked to the castle with no further questions.

How can we do nothing. I know something bad happened, and I’m going to find out just what it was! She thought as she stamped into the castle. She yawned and decided to go to bed first and search for something when she was refreshed in the morning.


Author's Note: Well, I hope you enjoy the suspense! I finally gave you his name, although I need help with the last name. If you have any ideas, put it in your reviews, and I'll see if I can use it. Thank you, guys. I love all my readers!
Spots and Secrets by Constellation
Jillian groaned as the sun came up and started shining on her face through the curtains of her bed. She squinted her eyes open partially and wondered why. Why had she thought that trying to find out what happened in the Black Forest was a good idea. It was horrible!

She rubbed her head as she sat up and yawned loudly. The other girls were getting up, too, and they were all looking at her strangely. Jillian stopped in mid-yawn and narrowed her eyes. “What?” she asked finally.

One of the girls burst into giggles, quickly followed by the others. Jillian scowled. She really didn’t like being laughed at. She stood up indignantly and asked again, “What?”

One of the girls answered through her sputtering laughs, “Maybe -- you should -- look -- in the mirror!”

Jillian’s eyes widened in cartoonish horror, and she ran to the mirror. She gasped at the sight of her new face. New meaning she had an entirely different face. Instead of the brown eyes she usually had, they had turned red with small blue dots. She had red eyes! Evil! And instead of her usually dark brown hair, purple hair was shooting up from her head like Frankenstein's bride. There were also some bluish-green dots breaking out all over her skin like acne except worse, and her teeth had turned an amazing shade of maroon. Maroon! She hated that color!

Jillian gaped at herself, and gaped, and gaped some more. Finally, it registered that this was actually not a dream; this was a living nightmare!

She screamed.

Her shrieks attracted several people to come up and investigate, but this only served for her to scream more and pull a sheet over her head. This didn't exactly muffle her continuing shrieks, though.

Jillian was finally pulled out from under the sheet by the reassuring hands of Professor McGonagall.

Jillian stared at her, horror filling her eyes. Her mouth opened to asked the Professor a question, but instead of saying anything, Jillian fell away into a dead faint.

Professor McGonagall had quite a job of getting Jillian to the Hospital Wing and settling her in. By this time, the whole school had learned about a Gryffindor girl -- nobody actually knew her name because none of her sisters wanted to claim they were related to her -- was in the Hospital Wing because she was changing into some type of freakish monster.

Madam Pomfrey spent the entire day trying to understand what was happening to Jillian, and Jillian -- still in shock -- only sat there in a daze, her screaming done.

How could this happen, she thought. What could have made me get spots?!

These question kept going through Jillian’s head while people started visiting the Hospital Wing just to get a glimpse of her. Madam Pomfrey finally had to pull a curtain around Jillian because so many people had turned up to see her. Jillian didn't seem to notice all the people, although the school was turning her into some sort of celebrity.

When night had finally fallen, Madam Pomfrey had given up and all the other teachers came to study her. Jillian felt like some type of guinea pig as the Professors prodded her and asked her question about the night before.

Jillian told them about everything except the part about hiding in the Black Forest to see if she could get another glimpse of the persons she had see two nights before. That would have caused too many questions that was sure to get her into even more trouble than she was in now. When they finally gave up, Jillian fell into bed, grateful that Professor McGonagall had given her leave from detention. Now Peter would get a turn to feed the dragon.



Jillian was pulled from her deep sleep by someone shaking her shoulder. She moaned and turned over mumbling, “Leave me alone. I’ve had enough trauma today!”

When they kept shaking her shoulder, she turned and growled, “What!”

Peter was standing there, grinning at her like an idiot. Jillian gasped, pulled a sheet over her head, and whispered through it. “What in Merlin’s name brings you here. Get out! Now!”

Peter pulled the sheet away from Jillian’s face only to find that Jillian had covered herself with her hands. He sighed and said, “I wanted to know if you’re all right.”

“I’m fine, now go out,” she mumbled through her hands.

He smiled and countered, “Then why didn’t you go to detention?”

She opened a small gap between her fingers and used it to glare daggers at him. Her new red eyes certainly had an effect on Peter. His mouth dropped open in shock. “Fine, I’m not fine. Now go curse yourself and leave me alone!”

Peter shook his head in surprise and clucked his tongue teasingly. He took her hand away from her face and put a small vial there, whispering, “Drink it. I'm sure you'll be normal by morning.”

Then, he left.

Jillian sat up and studied the potion carefully. She pulled off the stopper to the vial and took a sip. It had no distinct taste, almost like water, so she drank the whole thing. It had a funny aftertaste like an extremely sour grapefruit, but was better than the time she accidentally swallowed some Polyjuice Potion and turned into Professor Snape. That had been bad.

She felt sleepy after drinking the potion and fell asleep almost instantly, thinking, At least I can't have any worse dreams than today's nightmare. Hopefully, that will be over tomorrow.



When Jillian awoke again, it was still dark. She was wondering what had awakened her when she heard hushed voices outside the door to the Hospital Wing. She sat up quietly and pulled back the curtain to take a peek. About three or four people were standing in the shadows just outside the slightly open door.

Peter must have left it open on accident, she thought as she strained to hear what they were saying. Again she could only catch a few words, so she got out of the bed bravely and tip-toed toward the door. When she was only a few feet away, she could hear the voices more clearly.

“You have to do it, Viktor. We can’t wait forever for you to make sure the coast is clear. Dumbledore will find out soon, and it needs to be done before he can act!”

She heard another voice whisper back furiously, “If you don’t want Dumbledore to know, then why did you want to meet in the school!?”

She leaned closer as they started an argument about meeting places when, suddenly, there was a loud creak. Jillian stood frozen in place as the voices stopped. The men were turning toward the door to the Hospital Wing, which Jillian had accidentally pushed forward slightly in her excitement to hear some of their plans.

The men were getting closer to the door when there was the sound of footsteps down the hall. Three of the men disappeared suddenly, leaving one man to stand before the Hospital Wing. Jillian peeked out of the doorway and watched a light coming down the hallway. She recognized Professor Snape as he walked toward the last shape still in the shadows. This was the first time, she was sure, that any student had ever felt so glad to see Professor Snape.

Snape stopped and looked at the last person before asking, “What brings you down these corridors so late at night, Professor Kilicus?”

Jillian barely stifled a gasp at the name of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. She stepped back quitely as Professor Kilicus answered, "Nothing, Severus. I was just looking for my, um, wand. Yes, my wand."

"Maybe you should look in your rooms. I am sure it is no where near the Hospital Wing," Snape replied icily.

Professor Kilicus nodded, gave a nervous laugh and looked suspiciously from rigt to left. "Yes, I should be going then." He cleared his throat and turned to go down the hall.

Before he made it two steps, Snape stopped him by saying, "Oh, and, Viktor, maybe you should search your robes more closely. Your wand is in your back pocket."

Professor Kilicus froze and turned to look at Snape. Snape was staring at him intently as he stood there. Professor Kilicus cleared his throat and said, "Um, yes, I must have left it there and didn't notice it." He laughed nervously again and practically fled down the hallway.

Professor Snape stood outside the Hospital Wing for a couple seconds, staring at the place where Professor Kilicus had been standing. "Hmm." He murmured as he poked around the hallway where the Professor and his earlier companions had been talking. When he didn't seem to find anything, he left as quickly as he had come.

As she stumbled back into bed, Jillian heard a few shuffling steps as if someone else was walking away. She lay there, staring at the ceiling in shock. Professor Kilicus? How could he be --

Jillian stopped the thought as a faint memory came back to her. She was riding a broom, when, Peter started asking her about Professor Kilicus? She remembered that night! Ooh, she was going kill Peter tomorrow!


Author's Note: Hope you liked this chapter. The story can now begin. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Sorry, this story took so long to post, but it kept getting rejected, and it takes a while to revise it.
THE LAST NAME!!! Bwahahahahaha by Constellation
Finally!

Madame Pomfrey finally let Jillian out of the Hospital Wing after her miraculous recovery.

Jillian let out a sigh of relief when she got to Transfiguration. She had only missed two days, but already the work was piling on top of her, so she was glad to be back.

Jillian slipped into a back seat and started taking serious notes. She had to catch up with this new spell. Something about transforming a block of wood into some kind of bird.

When Professor McGonagall let them out, Jillian went to Charms, then Defense Against the Dark Arts.

In Defense Against the Dark Arts, all Jillian could do was stare at Professor Kilicus as he taught them about werewolves. How could he sit there as if he didn't have some sort of plot that could endanger the entire school? How could he be such a good actor? Throughout the entire class, Jillian wanted to blast him with some sort of curse - any curse would do as long as it was very painful - but she couldn't. Then, he would know that she knew, and that would only cause problems. She couldn't go to Dumbledore. Who would believe a fifteen-year-old student over a Professor? She decided that she would tell Peter as soon as she found him, but first she had to go to the library.

When she was finally let out of her misery in Defense Against the Dark Arts, she rushed toward the library. She had an essay due tomorrow in Professor Snape's class about Truth Potions.

She smiled at Madam Pince as she set all her work down at the table and began reading about Truth Potions. They were actually very fascinating, and Jillian didn't even notice when Peter came and sat down next to her.

"Truth Potions aren't really that helpful all the time."

Jillian jumped and accidentally hit Peter in the stomach as she tipped on her chair. She brought it back up with a loud thump and ducked her head when faces started turing toward her.

"Peter, you stupid idiot, don't scare me like that!" She whispered furiously.

Peter looked slightly sheepish, but didn't apologize. Instead he continued to rub the sore spot that Jillian had hit and said, "It's not my fault if you can't notice anything that isn't a book."

Jillian glared at him thoughtfully, then sighed. "What do you want?"

"Why would I want something?"

"Well, unless you are absolutely stricken with me, I would think you'd want something if you came over here. You're not improving my reputation, either, you being in Slytherin and all, and this essay is due tomorrow, so just tell me what you want."

"I just wanted to know if you were all right. You weren't looking well the last time I saw you," Peter hissed in reply.

Jillian blushed and muttered, "Yeah, thanks for the potion."

He nodded in return, then started off for the door, angrily. Jillian's mind suddenly clicked when she remembered something. "Oh, Peter, I was wondering if you still wanted to know anything about Professor Kilicus. You should also know that, in my family, forgetfullness curses usually wear off."

Jillian had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing at the way Peter froze and turned toward her slowly. His face had the strangest look on his face, surprised mixed with... was that fear?

This made Jillian curious, and she stood up to tell him about what had happened in the hall the night he had given her the potion.

They were interrupted by a girl coming up to Peter and saying, "Hey, Paneki, the Slytherin captain says to come to the Quidditch field. Now!" She walked away after raising an eyebrow at Jillian for being with Peter.

Jillian also raised an eyebrow at Peter and tried to stop the smile, but couldn't. "Your last name is Paneki?"

Peter blushed, turned away and muttered, "It's not like I had any choice of my last name."

Jillian coughed to break up the laugh coming up in her throat. "Peter Paneki - now, that has a nice ring, doesn't it ?"

"I have to go practice Quidditch."

With that, he left Jillian stading there, trying her hardest not to laugh. She also felt a little envious that Peter could be on the Quidditch team, but she also felt excited.

She walked quickly to one of the library shelves and pulled down a very large book. She settled into a chair and opened the book to the index.

When she got to the P's, she scanned through the names until she found Paneki. Page 467, it said. She opened up to Peter's family tree and read through it.

"Paneki comes from the Druids back in Merlin's time, interesting. What does it mean?" She kept muttering to herself as she read Peter's family tree. When she got to the very end, she read:

George Paneki - married to Maggie Peterson - no current children.


Jillian looked at the publication date of the book and gasped. It had been updated four years ago!



Author's note: A little something to think about. Finally, THE LAST NAME has come out, but either Jillian has the wrong family, or Peter has the wrong name. I used DiamondQuill's last name because I liked it and she was so persistent. Thank you for all your ideas, and review if you can. I love reviews.
Lost Invisibility by Constellation
No current children?

That was impossible. Jillian flipped to the front of the book again and saw that she hadn’t been wrong. This book had been updated four years ago. Either Peter was the tallest, most mature four-year-old she had ever met, or this book was wrong. Or Peter was lying about his last name.

Jillian rubbed her head in confusion as she stared at the book.

“Is there a reason why you’re looking in the Guide to Wizard Families?”

Jillian slammed the book shut, saving her place with her hand. She glanced up at Peter and gave him a fake smile. “Um, I was looking in this book because, um, Professor Binns is having us write an essay on our family history.”

Peter narrowed his eyes at her and said, “I didn’t know your last name started with a P.”

Jillian looked down and saw the corner of the page that she was holding up with her hand showed a large, bold P. She looked up into Peter’s suspicious eyes and replied, “Actually, my last name is Cole, but I’m looking up my mother’s last name, which is Pan.” That was fortunately true.

Peter nodded slowly and grabbed his gloves off the table. “I left these here, so I came to get them. It’s getting cold out there.”

Jillian nodded quickly and replied, “Yeah, it is. You’d better, um, hurry. I’m sure your captain wants you out there. Um, bye.”

He stared at her curiously before turning and walking out of the library. Jillian let out a sigh of relief and leaned against her chair, holding the book in front of her chest.

“Jillian, I need to talk to you!”

Jillian jumped and glanced up at her sister. Why was she so deaf that she couldn’t hear Kirsten the Loud One coming up behind her? Jillian shook her head and said, “Sorry, Kirst, but I need to finish my essay. Maybe another time.”

Kirsten didn’t listen to her. Instead, she grabbed her arm and started propelling her out of the library. Jillian protested, but Kirsten didn’t stop until they had reached an empty classroom. Then, Kirsten turned toward her with a very angry expression on her face. Jillian actually stepped back because her sister looked ready to murder.

“Kirsten, I don’t what I did, but I’m very sorry for it.”

Kirsten exploded. “What do you think you’re doing, being friends with a Slytherin, and he’s their Keeper no less.”

He’s actually the Keeper, Jillian thought in awe. That was something new.

Kirsten was still ranting on, waving her arm around like she was some sort of windmill. Finally, when she stopped to take a breath, Jillian cut in by saying, “Kirsten, I don’t know why you’re so upset.”

Kirsten glared at her and said, “You are demeaning the Gryffindor name by being with that Slytherin. They’re all going to turn Dark, and I don’t think Mum would like it if she knew you were chummy with a future Dark Wizard.”

Jillian growled, “I can’t believe you’re bringing Mum into this. She doesn’t need to know about you and the Locust, so she doesn’t need to know about Peter. Besides, I doubt all the Slytherins turn into Dark Wizards, or we would be overrun.”

Kirsten didn’t hear the last part. “What did you call him?!” She shrieked, sounding very much like a banshee must have.

Jillian realized her mistake and stepped back with her hands before her to ward off her sister. “Whoa, Kirsten, I meant Lucian. Sorry.”

Her eyes were turning red. “Don’t you make fun of my boyfriend when yours is a heartless Slytherin idiot.”

Jillian gaped at her. “And you don’t think the Locust isn’t an idiot. He doesn’t know how to count without his fingers, let alone get through Charms without anyone’s help. Even if Peter’s a Slytherin, at least he can think!”

Kirsten was so surprised at Jillian yelling at her that she didn’t speak for a while. Jillian took this chance to go on about the Locust. “He steals our money, too, or didn’t you notice. You buy whatever he wants you to, and it’s supposed to be the other way around. Not only is a greedy, and stupid, he stars at every other girl that crosses his path. I even heard he was kissing Jenny Green last week in the Astronomy Tower. Gosh, Kirsten, you have to dump him before he cleans us out and breaks your heart!”

Kirsten looked hurt as she asked, “He was kissing Jenny Green?”

Jillian threw up her hands and said, “Is that the only thing you heard? You are hopeless.”

Jillian stormed out of the classroom and ran straight into the Locust. “Whoa, have you seen Kirsten. She was going to take me and a couple of friends to get Butterbears.”

Jillian glared at the Locust and yelled, “You stay away from my sister, creep! I swear, the next time I see you with her, I’m going to put a curse on you that will make a werewolf bite seem like heaven!”

She brushed pass a couple of people who were staring at her as if they had never seen her. The Locust only stood there, gaping at Jillian as she left, but he ran down the hall in a hurry.

Jillian slammed the door to the library open and stomped to her seat. She pulled the book on Truth Potions toward her and stared at it furiously. When the words only swam in front of her eyes, she pushed the book away in disgust.

She let out a very loud “Aaaarrrrgh!” and started toward the door, her book tucked under her arm. When she noticed people staring at her, she only glared at them and snapped, “What are you looking at?” They turned back to their own books as she stamped through the halls and out the front door.

She pushed through the snow until she made it to the edge of the lake. She sat down, stared out across the lake, and fumed. She stayed there with her chin held in her hands, staring across the lake, until Peter came up behind her.

“Is there a reason why people are staring out the window at you?”

Jillian looked up at Hogwarts, and saw a few faces disappear from the windows. “No!” she snapped.

Peter raised an eyebrow and asked, “Then, do you know why all the snow in a twenty foot radius is melting around you?”

Jillian looked around in mild interest and saw that he was right. There was brown grass instead of white snow surrounding her in a wide circle. She shrugged and sigh.

Peter brought her slowly to her feet and led her back to Hogwarts. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked. When she shook her head, he only continued on.

When they reached the staircase up to the Gryffindor tower, Jillian turned to Peter and said, “Thank you, Peter. I probably would have frozen to death if you hadn’t come to get me.”

Peter grinned at her and replied, “I was only worried that you’d melt all the snow. I do like to have a snowball fight every now and then, you know.”

Jillian smiled back and him and turned. “Kirsten was definitely right.”

She stopped when Peter asked, “Right about what?”

She grinned teasingly and said, “You’re heartless.”

She walked up the stairs to the her common room with his laughter following her.
Panic by Constellation
Breakfast the next morning was different for Jillian. Everyone was whispering around her, and the few word that she could catch were things like, “Kirsten’s sister is trying to curse Lucian” or “Did you see all that snow she melted?” It was all very annoying.

Jillian finished her toast quietly, trying to become her usual invisible self, but no one else seemed to want to cooperate, so she finally just left the Great Hall. She still had a few minutes before class, so she wandered around the halls, not sure where she wanted to go.

She walked down the corridors, lost in thought, when she accidentally bumped into someone. “Sorry,” she started to say, but she was too startled to finish the apology. Standing before her with an apologetic smile was Professor Kilicus. Jillian felt a shiver of fear make its coarse up her spine. She did not want to be in the hallway with this man.

“I’m sorry, Miss Cole, I wasn’t watching where I was going. Excuse me.”

Jillian could only gape as he waited for her to reply.

“Are you all right?” he asked when she only stood there quivering.

Jillian blinked a few times, nodded and turned to sprint down the hallway. When she had gone down a few twisted hallways and was out of breath, she leaned against a wall and smacked herself on the forehead.

“Stupid, stupid, all you did was stand there!” she ranted at herself. “Now he’s going to suspect something. Stupid, stupid, STUPID!”

“Interesting conversation you’re having, Miss Cole. Is there supposed to be someone else here to listen.”

Jillian gasped and spun around to confront, once again, Professor Kilicus.

“I-I was j-just berating myself be-because, um, I - ”

“It’s all right; you don’t have to explain it to me at all. I think I know what’s happening here.”

Jillian gulped and squeaked, “You do?”

Professor Kilicus nodded and rubbed his chin thoughtfully. Jillian winced when he waved his arms around and said, “I know you aren’t good at Defense Against the Dark Arts, but that doesn’t mean you have to be frightened of the teacher.”

Jillian nodded, relieved that he hadn’t really figured out what was really going on.

“I want to you help you, though, Miss Cole. Why don’t you come to my classroom tonight, and we can discuss what we need to do to help you with this class.”

Jillian gasped and shook her head, “No, Professor, I promise I’ll try harder. I don’t need extra help!” Especially at night, alone, with you, she added silently.

“Nonsense! You come to my classroom at, let’s say, 8:00 tonight, and let’s see what we can do.” Before Jillian could protest more, he was down the hallway and into a different classroom.

Jillian close her eyes and wished that she could talk to Peter. All of the sudden, there was no wall behind her to support her, and she fell backward onto something soft. Jillian yelped and opened her eyes. She was laying on a bed, and standing before her in only his robe, Peter was gaping at her.

Jillian gaped right back and asked, “How in Merlin’s name did I get here.”

“I could ask you the same question!”

Peter pulled his robe around him tighter and cleared his throat. Jillian turned bright red and said, “Um, where am I exactly, then.”

“In my room. You’re lucky none of the others were in here! Now what did you do?”

Jillian shook her head, and carefully go up off the bed. “You mean, I’m in Slytherin House? How did I get here!?”

Peter put his hands out before him. “Whoa, don’t ask me. I didn’t bring you here!”

Jillian shook her head, and ran for the door. She seemed to be running a lot lately. She opened it just in time to run into another Slytherin. He blinked at her curiously, but she brushed past him and ran out and down the stairs. Whoa, this is nothing like the Gryffindor common room, she thought as she came to a stop. How was she supposed to get out?

Peter ran down the stairs after her, and grabbed her arm. “Wait,” he hissed in her ear, “we need to figure out what’s happening.”

Jillian shook her head. “I, um, need to get to class. I’ll talk to you later.” She noticed that there were a lot of heads poking out of rooms to stare at her. Someone even yelled, “Hey, Peter, where’d you get the girl?”

Jillian’s face burned and she turned to Peter desperately. “How do I get out of here?!”
“However you got in,” he answered.

“I don’t know how I got in!”

“How could you not know?”

“I just don’t, okay, so help me here. Please, Peter, I really do need to go to class. I don’t like to be late, like you Slytherins,” she said, almost as though she were above them.

Peter stepped back in alarm. His face turned hard. “The door’s behind you.” Jillian bit her lip, wanting to say something. She hadn’t meant to act like that! Darn! Jillian turned and faced a wall.

“Um, this is a wall.”

“Really?”

Jillian turned and glared at Peter. He shrugged and went to the wall, and did something to make it open. Jillian nodded her head curtly in thanks and walked out of the Slytherin Common Room.

As soon as the wall closed behind her, she started to run. She felt close to tears, and she didn’t know where she was. She had never been in this part of Hogwarts, and she wanted to get out of it. She kept running until, at last, she found her way to the Great Hall. She let out a sigh of relief.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Kirsten walked out, her eyes red and tears running down her face. “Thanks a lot, Jillian. Lucian is going out with Jenny Green now. Why do you have to ruin everything!”

Jillian gaped at her as she shuffled down the hall. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. She closed her eyes tightly, trying to hold back tears. Why was everything going wrong. Panicking sounded like a good idea at the moment!




Sorry it took so long for this chapter to come out. I've been very busy. As you can see, the story is coming close to a climax. It probably won't be for a few more chapters, though, so keep reading. Oh, yeah, we're trying to make a website. Ask Ezzcomo since he's making it, and support us! This is going to be fun!
Dreaded Night by Constellation
Professor Binns was not as interesting as it usually was, not that he was ever interesting. Jillian sat with her head on her desk, wondering how she got herself into this kind of mess.

Peter was no longer talking to her. That was obvious in Potions class this afternoon when he had deliberately turned his back on her. Kirsten was also snubbing her even though she had to know that the Locust had only been using her. Why couldn’t she see what Jillian had seen all along?

This was her last class, and, for the first time, Jillian didn’t want Professor Binns to ever stop droning on about the 13th century goblins. She dreaded leaving this class because that meant she would have to go to the Great Hall, and after that, to Professor Kilicus’ classroom for her “lessons.” She groaned at the thought and silently cursed her difficulty with Defense Against the Dark Arts and her inability to keep from panicking.

“Miss Cole?”

Jillian’s head shot up, and she stared at Professor Binns as he stared at her. Oh no. This was one of those times that Professor Binns actually asked a question. He rarely did, but, when he did, it usually did you good to know the answer.

“Yes, Professor?”

“I asked what the name of the leader of the 1347 rebellion against Gorin the Grim was.”

“Um…..Was it….”

“Horned Hornac,” she heard someone hiss, and immediately relayed his answer.

Binns blinked and continued on with his lesson while Jillian sighed in relief. She looked around to see who had whispered the answer to her, but couldn’t see anyone. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion, but no one met her gaze or grinned at her to show her who had done it.

She was left in confusion until the end of the class when Binns assigned a fourteen inch essay on the eight rebellions of the giants in the 14th century. She groaned along with the rest of the class and gathered up her books. She walked as slowly as possible to the door, where other rushed out.

She stared longingly at the clock and wished Professor Kilicus would just forget the lesson, and leave her alone. She walked out of the classroom with a sigh.

She went to the Great Hall, and ate her dinner in silence, listening to the sounds around her. Everyone seemed to be happy, but her. Well, she thought as she looked at Kirsten’s angry gaze at the Locust, not everyone.

After she ate the last piece of chicken on her plate, she walked toward Kirsten hesitantly. She paused at her sister’s side and waited for her to notice her. She wasn’t expecting Kirsten to speak without looking at her, so she jumped when Kirsten said, “Do you happen to know any curses that would take him off girls for a while?”

Kirsten turned toward Jillian with a small smile, and Jillian smiled back. “Well, let me see what I can come up with.”

Both sisters sat in silence as the Locust continued to cuddle Jenny Green and boast about how he knew Kirsten wasn’t good enough for him. Jillian rolled her eyes, suddenly smiling. She pulled her wand out, pointed it at the Locust, and whispered, “Lovia Locust.”

Kirsten raised and eyebrow and started giggling as the Locust started patting his body as if something were crawling all over him. A few seconds later, it became apparent that there were grasshoppers crawling all over Lucian, and they weren’t coming off. Girls jumped away from him, screaming as the locusts continued to swarm all over Lucian. Kirsten and Jillian giggled as he tried, without success, to swat away the bugs swarming all over him. He started to scream, a high pitched, extremely unmanly scream until Dumbledore stood up and waved his wand. He raised an eyebrow at Jillian as the locusts disappeared and Lucian continued to scream, but he only ordered him to the Hospital Wing.

Jillian left the Great Hall with a smile. She saw Peter leaving, too, and he raised an eyebrow at her, showing her he knew what had really happened. Her grin grew wider until he started to walk away. Jillian bit her lip with indecision before running after him and grabbing his arm.

“Listen, I’m sorry about the whole showing up in your room and being weird and insulting you, and…..yeah.” She said it all in a rush as if she couldn’t wait to get it all out.

Peter thought for a few seconds before smiling. “I forgive you as long as you never do to me what you did to Lucian.”

Jillian beamed in relief before remembering why she had been in Peter’s room. “Peter, I’m going to Professor Kilicus’ class tonight, and I was wondering if you had any advice.”

“What did you do?”

She scowled. “I panicked, okay, and now he thinks I need help with Defense Against the Dark Arts. I really don’t want to be alone with him. I think I’ll let something out.”

Peter rubbed his chin thoughtfully then nodded. “I’ll come, but I’m not going to let him see me.”

She snorted. “And how are you going to do that?”

He smiled. “I’ll think of something.”

Jillian nodded. “8:00? You’ll be there?”

He nodded and left.

By the time Jillian got her nerves under control, it was eight and she was walking to Professor Kilicus’ classroom. She took a deep breath and, trusting that Peter was already there somehow, walked into the classroom.

Professor Kilicus looked up, startled. “Can I help you, Miss Cole?”

She gulped. “I c-came for my, um, lesson, P-professor.”

He looked at her blankly, and she saw him trying to cover something on his desk. “What lesson, Miss Cole. Aren’t you supposed to be in your common room?”

She gaped at him, bewildered, and opened her mouth to tell him everything. She snapped it closed, thinking, If he doesn’t remember, I’m not telling him.

She nodded and stuttered, “W-well, I’d, um, best be g-going. B-bye.”

She fled the room and thanked her lucky stars that she didn’t have to be in that room alone, even if Peter was invisible with her.

She turned when she heard footsteps behind her and saw Peter round the corner. She threw herself at him and breathed out, “I’m so glad he didn’t remember. I don’t think I would have been able to stand it!”

She grinned up at him, but he only stared at her. She stepped away. “What’s wrong,” she asked.

He shook his head and smiled at her. “Nothing, I’m just glad he didn’t remember either. Do you know why he wouldn’t?”

Jillian shook her head and shrugged. “Maybe he just has that kind of memory. My Uncle Cleave has that same problem. He can’t remember anything after it only happened an hour ago!”

Peter continued to stare at her, and she started feeling uncomfortable. “Um, Peter, would you quit that.”

He blinked and cleared his throat. “Just thinking, yeah, just thinking. Did you see that he was hiding something on his desk? I think I’ll go think about that, er, yeah, think about what was on his desk, or not. Nothing else, just the desk......Yeah.”

Jillian raised an eyebrow and Peter shuffled down the hall. That was weird, she thought as she turned back to her own House. She grinned all the way down the hallway at the thought of Peter so flustered, and didn’t even think to wonder what had happened in the Professor’s classroom.






Well, I hope you enjoyed that. It certainly adds a bit of…mystery…I hope. Well, there’s no telling what will happen next, but if you have suggestion for either my story or the Panecki Fan Club Website, please post them on my reviews. I really don’t mind. Good luck and good day.
Christmas Day by Constellation
Jillian cursed Professor Binns as she finished the fourteen inch essay with a three inch title at the top - GIANT PROBLEMS. She giggled and rolled up the parchment.

Noticing that the library was empty, Jillian stood, yawning and stretching. It had been two weeks since her supposed appointment with Professor Kilicus, and everything had been going perfect. Well, Jillian thought, not exactly perfect.

For some reason, Peter had been avoiding her ever since that night, and it was getting annoying when he started going the other way when she was walking toward him with a smile and a ready comment. In fact, it made her want to go over and smack some sense into him.

Jillian sighed. She couldn't do anything right now when he was visiting his parents for Christmas, so she just gathered up her books and left the library.

The reason Jillian wasn't at home - and never went home - for the holidays is because she just didn't want to. This was when her entire family gathered together, and she was always the one off to the side. Her parents didn't seem to mind that she stay at Hogwarts during Christmas, and, frankly, Jillian really hated going home for any reason.

When Jillian reached her blessedly empty common room, she stripped and fell into bed with a sigh. She had finished all her homework already, so there wasn't going to be anything else to do until Peter came back.

Jillian snuggled into the pillows, and suddenly shot up. "Uh-oh."

She hadn't visited Moaning Myrtle for so long, Jillian almost forgot about her. She would have to see her in the morning and apologize. Myrtle got emotional about these kinds of things.

Jillian lay back against the pillows and sighed. Well, now she had something to do.



When Jillian woke up, it was sunny. She glanced out the window with a smile to see all the snow glowing so white, it hurt the eyes. At the bottom of her bed, there was a small pile of presents, and she quickly jumped onto them.

Her mother had gotten her a beautiful silver mirror with her name engraved on it. On the back, it said that it could show "the future, present or past" if asked right. Jillian rolled her eyes, but grinned at her expression. At least the surface area worked.

Kirsten gave her a glove, hat and scarf set that sang Christmas carols until you said the magic word. That was almost annoying, but it was the first present Kirsten had ever gotten for her, so at least she cared.

Amazingly, Peter had given her a present, too - a beautiful golden locket and a note that said:

This should be an interesting present for you. It's said to keep people out of harm's way, but that doesn't mean you should seek it out. I hope you have a Happy Christmas. Peter.

Jillian grinned and immediately put it on. She went downstairs for lunch - she woke up way too late for breakfast - which was always an interesting experience at Christmas, then decided to visit Myrtle.

She grabbed her present from the common room and ran to Myrtle's bathroom. She walked in yelling, "Myrtle, I've come to wish you a Happy Christmas!"

There was a little sob in the corner. "I remember when I used to be able to celebrate Christmas. It wasn't always happy, though, because they would make fun of my presents and my hair, and my clothes, and - "

"Ah, stop complaining. I've brought you a present."

Myrtle flew out of her bathroom with a screech, and for a moment, Jillian thought of running away, but the screech seemed to be one of joy. "You brought me a present?! Well, I guess that should make up for your absence."

"I didn't mean to stay away so long, but the toilet thing kind of scared me."

Myrtle didn't seem to hear. Instead, she grabbed for the present and the wrapping paper was ripped off to reveal a picture of Seinte since Myrtle had once told her that she loved Dragons.

Myrtle stared at it a while and squealed. "Is it real?"

"Yes, it's in a barn to the side of the castle."

"I can see it, right?"

"I don't know, but I guess you might be able to."

Myrlte squealed again and started crooning to the picture. Jillian, thinking it was very weird for her friend to be doing this, slowly stepped out of the bathroom with a smile.

She walked down the hall, happy that she could give Myrtle such a nice Christmas since she had been dead for more than she had been alive.

She walked around for a while before going outside to enjoy the snow. There were a few people having a snowball fight, and Jillian decided to join them. She packed some snow and threw it at the nearest person to her. They turned, looking a little surprise, and Jillian started to laugh. Amazingly, they let her stay, and she had fun throwing snowballs and getting hit so often, she was soaked to the bone.

Afterward, she left them with a wave and skipped down to the Quidditch Field. Jillian loved Christmas, and she always found time to do her favorite sport on her favorite day of the year.

She was flying for a while when she heard a shout below her. She looked down and saw Madame Hooch waving her arms at her below.

She flew down and walked over with a sheepish smile. "Sorry, Madame Hooch. I didn't think it would be against the rules."

She nodded and said, "I've seen you flying out here before. Why don't you just join your Quidditch team?"

Jillian shrugged and mumbled a good-bye before leaving at a run. She was freezing, and she wanted to get warm before the fire before she went down for the Christmas Feast.

She was going upstairs, trying to quiet her squelching shoes in such a quiet hall when she heard whispered voices.

Jillian's eyes widened, and she moved closer to the door.

"Viktor, you know that time is running short. Either you finish what you've started, or we'll have to finish it for you. Do it before February or there will be consequences that not even you can imagine. Remember what happened before Viktor. You don't have enough time to dilly-dally around. Finish it!"

"I know, I know, you keep telling me, and I keep telling you that this takes time. You may not understand what that means, but if you don't do it just right, it won't happen. Patience is the key to this working."

There was a low growl. "Just finish it."

There were footsteps coming toward the door, and Jillian fell back into another classroom with a small gasp. She sat there in the dark, shivering in her wet clothes, for a long time before she got her breathing and heartbeat under control.

She looked out into the corridor and couldn't see anyone. She ran all the way to the common room and sat there shivering and breathing unsteadily.

Something was going to happen. Something bad. She needed to tell Dumbledore. No, she needed to tell Peter. Something was happening, and she didn't know what to do.



Hope you enjoyed the newest chapter. The new Paneki website is now up, so I hope you check it out. Any questions, ask Ezcommo - hope I spelled that right. Well, have a great day.
Hey, wait, what's happening here? by Constellation
Something was going to happen, something bad.

Jillian sat in the library nervously trying to finish a project that Professor Snape had handed out. She felt spooked and paranoid and kept looking behind her. Something was going to happen. She could feel it.

Nobody else seemed to be able to, though, and it was bothering her when they kept giving her strange looks. She used to be invisible and now she was the center of attention. Thinking about it, she considered the latter worse than the former. Wishing she could sink back into her former, ignorant self, she put down her book and sighed.

Jillian glared the door and wondered why Peter hadn't come in to bug her yet. He was usually so prompt about such things like this, but it had been an entire week after Christmas vacation and he still hadn't so much as waved in the hallways. It was starting to make her angry that he was being so stupid.

She glared more fiercely at the door and thought, If he doesn't walk through that door in twenty seconds, I swear I'm going to go find him even if it means ambushing the Slytherin common room!

Twenty, nineteen...ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, one-half, one-third, one-quarter, one-eighth, zero!

Jillian stood up, ready to find Peter, hold him down, and explain every single detail of what she'd heard. Something was going to happen, and she didn't want to be the only one who knew that.

She stomped toward the door when it suddenly opened and, speak of the devil, Peter walked in.

Jillian sighed in relief. She hadn't really wanted to go into the Slytherin common room again. It was creepy.

"Peter!" Jillian cried and was immediately shushed by ten people. She rolled her eyes and stalked toward him. He had a strange expression on his face that made her hesitate, but she was too scared of Kilicus to be frightened of a look.

"Where on earth have you been! I haven't seen you in days!" She hissed as soon as she was close enough for him to hear.

"Uh, it's been really busy with classes and...things." Even Peter cringed at the lame excuse.

Jillian looked down, "Listen, I don't care that you don't like me anymore, but we need to talk about Kilicus. I heard..."

"Wait, I never said I didn't like you anymore."

Jillian gave him an exasperated look. "I'm not exactly the stupid type, but that's not important right now, what I'm trying to say is that I heard - "

"Maybe we should do this in private," Peter whispered, looking behind her. Jillian turned and saw Professor Kilicus over by one of the tables, fingering through a book.

She froze.

Her eyes wide, all she could do was stare at Professor Kilicus as she felt the feeling grow stronger. Something was going to happen, but what? What could he be planning? Was he trying to do something to the school? What if he was going to kill somebody, or everybody, or...

"Jillian!" Jillian ignored Peter, still staring at Kilicus, and, suddenly, he looked up and caught her gaze. Her breaths began getting short, and her whole body began to shake. Kilicus gave her a curious look and put the book he had been looking through down. He started toward them which made Jillian freeze up even more, and the only thing she could think was, Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no.

"Jillian!" Peter turned her around forcefully, and Jillian blinked, coming out of her daze. "Oh, no," she whispered.

And she fainted.


Upon waking, the first thing Jillian saw was Peter's face. "Omigosh, Peter, I have to tell you something. It happened over Christmas when you were with your parents. You see, I didn't mean to, but..."

Peter cleared his throat, and Jillian turned to stare at Professor Kilicus. "You were saying, Miss Cole."

"Uh, uh, I was just saying that, uh, I didn't mean to, but I, uh, broke your, uh - "

"Cauldron," Peter broke in.

"Yes, your cauldron!" Jillian smiled at Peter gratefully for the excuse.

Professor Kilicus nodded and rubbed his chin. "Are you feeling all right, Miss Cole. I believe this is the second time you've been in the Hospital Wing."

"Yes, well, I'm accident prone."

"But you've never been in here before, Miss Cole," Madame Pomfrey interrupted.

"Yes, well, I guess it just came out this year. I must have grown too much, and I trip over myself and find myself in the worst possible situations now." Jillian gave Peter a glare while saying it. He grinned back, and she sighed. At least they were back on good terms.

"Well, now that you're all right, Miss Cole, I have some business to attend, too. Try not to, uh, trip over yourself anymore." Professor Kilicus gave her one more curious, searching look before sweeping out of the room like some lord. Jillian looked up at the celing and whispered, "Finally he leaves!"

"What was that?" Madame Pomfrey questioned.

Jillian blinked at her. "Uh, nothing. Just letting out a sigh that someone caught me and I wasn't seriously hurt, and now I think I can go because you know how they give us so much homework now, and I have tons to do, and, well, yeah." Jillian said this so quickly that all Madame Pomfrey could do was blink and pretend that she had understood her.

"Well, yes, dear, I believe you can leave. I could find nothing wrong with you, so off you go."

Jillian pushed the blankets off of her, got off the bed, grabbed Peter's hand and walked quickly out of there.

As soon as they were in an empty classroom, Jillian turned and said, "Well, that was close. You could have told me he was in the room. Broke your cauldron - is it even broken? Why would I even use your cauldron?"

Peter grinned, "Yes, it did actually break, and it was the first thing that came out of my mouth, so I guess you'll just have to live with it."

"Hmph, yeah, well, now that you can't avoid me" Jillian let out a little, evil laugh "you have to listen to everything."

Peter gave a little wave, and Jillian explained everything. As soon as everything had been said, she slumped against the wall, feeling better. Now someone else knew, and she could stop worrying. Peter had a better handle on things anyway.

Peter was rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm, well, nothing's going to happen for a while."

Jillian gave him a surprised look. "What do you mean, nothing's going to happen? Did you not hear what I just said?"

"Yes, and I think that nothing is going to happen."

"Yes it is, I can feel it. Something is going to happen, and it might be soon. Don't you feel it, too?" Jillian gave him a hopeful look, but he only shook his head.

"Dang! Does this always have to happen to me? I want one thing, and the other happens, and if the thing that I want to happen or know will happen happens, then I don't want it to happen anymore."

Peter gave her a confused look. "What? I have no idea what you just said."

Jillian shook her head at him. "You know the sad thing? Neither do I."

They stood there in silence for a few minutes before Peter finally stepped over and leaned against the wall with her. He gave her a little push with his shoulder and said, "Hey, everything will be okay. It's not so bad."

"Sure. All that happened is that some sort of wizard terrorist is planning something that I now know a little about, and I can't do anything because I'm too young and too inexperienced." Jillian gave him a sarcastic look, "Right, it's not even that bad."

"Hey, it could be - "

"Don't even say it."

"Worse."

"Now you've done it. It's going to get worse. Something bad is going to happen, and you've cursed it to make it worse."

Jillian leaned her head against the wall and groaned. She turned toward Peter and shook her head. "Oh well, we can't do anything right now anyway." She smiled at him. "Thanks Peter - for all you've done. It really means a lot to me that you don't think I'm crazy."

Peter stared at her and nodded. His face suddenly got serious as he said, "Jillian, you don't mind, do you?"

Confused, Jillian asked, "Don't mind what?"

Peter took a deep breath and whispered, "This."

And he leaned in and kissed her.




Ha! I've left you hanging! Hmm, I wonder what will happen. Hope you liked the new installment, and if you didn't, well review anyway. J/K Sorry it took so long, but I've kind of had a lot going on. I'll work on the next chapter so you guys aren't left hanging for too long. HEHEHE! Bye.
Change by Constellation
She was stunned - completely, utterly stunned.

Peter lifted his head and stared at her with a little smile that Jillian had no idea what it meant. She opened her mouth, not to say anything, but just because she couldn't think of anything else to do.

Peter put his arm behind his head and bit his lip. "Um,"

Jillian blinked. At least she could do that. Peter seemed to notice the awkward silence (finally) and put his arm down, asking, "Are you okay?"

Jillian snapped. "What on earth did you just do?"

Peter rolled his eyes and answered, "Well, if you hadn't noticed, I kissed you."

Jillian flinched. "Omigosh, I just kissed a Slytherin. Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh." She slid down the wall and touched her lips as if they were no longer a part of her face.

Peter crouched down beside her and grinned, "I guess that was your first kiss, wasn't it?"

Jillian's fist swung out, but he managed to avoid it. "You idiot, I've been invisible for the past fifteen years and you expect someone to just come out and kiss me - me, the shadow of all shadows, the trasparent freak who hides behind her glasses and books, never speaking a word except to a depressed ghost and a librarian. Have you ever wanted to kiss someone like that? Have you ever even wanted to talk to someone like that? Well, let me tell you now, no one else would want to, and no one else does want to. I think - "

And he kissed her again!

This time when he pulled away, he whispered, "Really, do you think you're still invisible, Jillian?"

Jillian coughed and stood up. Tears were coming fast, and she wasn't ever, ever going to let someone see her cry, especially someone who had just kissed her.

Peter stood, too and grabbed her shoulders, "You're not invisible anymore. Can't you understand that? Everyone can see you. You, the real you that you've been hiding behind books and glasses and weird friends."

"My friends aren't weird," she muttered, but he ignored her.

"You've changed for the better. Everyone can see that, and they want to look at you now because of that change. Of course, I would want to kiss you."

Jillian put a hand up. "I haven't changed. It's just this stupid plot thing with Kilicus. I'll go back to the way I was before, and no one will even bother to notice. Please, just go away."

She turned away and walked out the door. When she got out into the hall, she ran, hoping he wouldn't follow her. She really didn't want him to see her cry. But really, who did he think he was, kissing the invisible girl. She wouldn't change that easily; she couldn't change that easily. As soon as this school year was over, he would see her former self and walk away, or walk through her, just like everyone else.

Choking, she ran to Myrtle's bathroom and opened the door to Myrtle's usual moaning. When the door was closed at last, she let out a sob and sank to the floor. Really, why was she crying? She'd just had her frist kiss, and she was acting like it was armageddon or something. What was wrong with her? Did she really hate Peter that much?

Her thoughts stopped at that and she shook her head slowly. No, she didn't hate Peter. In fact, it was probably the other way around, especially after the way she had acted. She hit her forhead and chanted, "Stupid, stupid, stupid," with each blow to the head. No, she didn't hate Peter. Definitely no.

Tears started running slowly down her face and she continued to hit her forehead. She finally stopped and noticed that Myrtle wasn't moaning anymore. She looked up into her face and blinked.

"Well, what do we have here? Jillian? Crying?"

Jillian smiled a little and whispered, "I guess you're a bad influence."

Myrtle sniffed. "I have a reason to moan. I'm dead, you're not."

Jillian blinked and gaped at Myrtle. "You're dead."

Myrtle stuck her tongue out, "Nice of you to notice."

"You haven't changed for, what, fifty, sixty years?"

"Whatever."

"Because you're dead," Jillian said slowly.

Myrtle's eyes were welling up, "Would you stop with the dead thing? I know I'm dead; I have to walk through walls every day, you know." She wailed on the way back to her toilet.

Jillian continued to mutter to herself. "She can't change because she's dead. Dead, but I'm alive. Peter said I can change, he said that's why he kissed me. I'm alive. I'm not a ghost, or invisible. I'm alive. I can change. Everyone can see me because I'm alive. I have a voice; I have a solid form. I'm alive."

Jillian blinked and sat still for a few minutes thinking it over. Alive, change, invisibility, seeing, talking, loving, dying. Suddenly, she laughed, interrupiting Myrtle mid-wail.

Running out of the bathroom, she yelled, "Thank you, Myrtle."

"Any time," she sniffed before diving back into her toilet.

Jillian ran. She could change. She really didn't have to be invisible anymore. She really didn't have to be the ghost of the living. She could change.

"That took me a while to figure out," she muttered to herself as she ran around a corner...

...and right into Professor Kilicus. "Well, hello, miss Jillian. I've been looking for you."

Something hit her from behind and she groaned as the floor swallowed her up. What was going on?





From your beautiful authoress - sorry it took so long, but I don't really have any excuses, just an apology. Most of you probably dropped off this story, but I'll keep writing for those of you who hung on and wanted to find out what happened to Peter and Jillian. I'll update as soon as possible, since it's almost summer vacation, so be patient.
Something Evil by Constellation
Jillian winced when she finally came to. Darkness completely surrounded her, and for a second, Jillian wondered if her eyes were still closed and she just hadn't noticed.

But no, her eyes were definitely open; there was something covering them, though, so that was bad. Actually it was worse then bad.

Kilicus had been there. It was Kilicus and his accomplices who had knocked her out. She was tied up to a chair with a blindfold over her eyes somewhere where Peter didn't know. Jillian felt tears of fright come to her eyes, but pushed them back. Now was no time to be crying. She'd already cried today for a stupid reason and she wasn't going to do it anymore.

Now was the time for thinking. Maybe she could twist her arms and see if the ropes would magically come off like they did in some of those cheesy movies she'd watched last summer. Hey, it could happen.

Jillian groaned when she tried and only twisted her arm some more. So, maybe movies really were more unrealistic than her own life. Stupid Muggles.

"Ah, I see you've finally come to."

Jillian froze at the sound of Kilicus' voice. She bit her lip to keep from wimpering and tried moving her arms again.

"That won't do you any good. Those ropes are magically manufactured to never break and never loosen. Very good for squirmy little girls," Kilicus said, a smile in his voice.

Jillian almost burst into tears again, but caught herself. Breathing harshly, she asked, "So, why am I tied up?"

Kilicus laughed. "I thought you were smarter than that. I obviously can't have you roaming the school when you know so much."

"What do you mean? I barely know anything. I promise," Jillian breathed out, panicked.

"But it's the something that could ruin everything. I've put a lot behind this, and a stupid girl isn't going to ruin it."

Jillian tried to turn her head, but couldn't. Great, how am I going to get myself out of this one.

Jillian opened her mouth, deciding this would be the last resort, and let out her best scream. A hand wrapped itself around her mouth, cutting her off mid-scream. Jillian let out a surprised, muffled noise.

"Hey now, little lady. Are we going to have to feed you some numb-tongue?"

Jillian shook her head, even more frightened to hear a new voice. "Good, now, little lady."

The hand eased off her mouth, and Jillian let in a scared breath. "I promise, I don't know anything." Jillian choked out. She was going to cry, and nothing was going to stop her this time.

Tears started down her face, and the same hand touched her cheek. "Aw, now, don't cry, little lady. As long as you tell us everything, we won't hurt you. Much."

Jillian started to cry even more, letting out loud sobs. "Hey, shut her up, Konnel." The new voice startled her, but not as much as the slap on her cheek. She tried to muffle her sobs, but the slap only made her cry more.

The blindfold over her eyes was suddenly torn away and she stared into the eyes of the scariest man she'd ever seen. Just seeing him stopped her sobs. She gasped and leaned away.

He grinned grotesquely. "So, now that you've quieted down, little lady, would you mind telling me if there's anyone else who knows anything?"

Her breaths were shortening as she stared into those eyes. They were horrible, evil eyes. She shook her head, terrified. This was the man who was behind everything. She could feel it. It wasn't Kilicus she should be afraid of; this man exuded evil.

"Are you sure about that, little lady? Kilicus says that you've been around a certain boy lately. What about him?"

Jillian blinked. Peter! He knew something, but he didn't think that Kilicus would make his move. He'd said they wouldn't do anything until the end of the year.

She nodded and gulped. "I'm the only one who suspected Kilicus. He's nothing. I swear." Peter couldn't get caught. If he was, who knew what would happen. He was the only one who could find out what had happened to her. That is, if anyone even noticed she was missing. She doubted they would until after a while.

Another tear slipped out at the thought that no one would even miss her, and she was sitting her surrounded by very dangerous men who were trying to some terrorist attack on the school.

There seemed to be about four men including Kilicus and the Evil Man. The Evil Man still sat by her watching the other three who were surrounded what looked to be a cauldron. Smoke was coming out in large amounts, and Jillian wondered why no one noticed, then she saw that was in some sort of underground chamber.

What were they doing? Why? Who was this Evil Man? Would Peter find her in time before they killed her and did something to Hogwarts?

Jillian really didn't want anything to happen to her "second home." She loved Hogwarts.

Peter, Jillian thought, looking at the ceiling of the chamber, if you don't find me in time to stop all this, I'll never kiss you again, I swear it, and it will most likely be because I'll be dead. Please find me.





And it ends. Still, it takes me forever, huh? Sorry. It'll most likely be finished in the next two or three chapters. Hope you enjoy, and if you did, review. I love reviews.
Finding A Way Out by Constellation
Okay, this was starting to get annoying. You'd think after three hours, those guys would have stopped chanting, but guess what? They didn't.

Jillian sat in her chair, feeling uncomfortable, really ticked off, and ready to cry or shout at the drop of a hat. The Evil Man was still sitting next to her chair, but now he had a hat over his eyes and seemed to be sleeping. Jillian wished for a moment that they had knocked her out again so she could feel blissful nothingness. She was not so lucky. She had to sit in this hard chair, her arms ties behind her back, and her head about ready to split open from their continuous words. She really should have felt more scared - after all, they were going to kill her, obviously, but she couldn't quite wrap her mind around the concept of being dead. It was like her mind had set that aside as a possibility, but it probably wasn't going to happen.

Weird.

There was a pause, and Jillian blinked from surprise. They had stopped chanting? Did that mean they were done with whatever and were now going to kill her and destroy the school? Smoke began to fill the room at an alarming rate causing the Evil Man to wake up, cursing (which made him even scarier) and Jillian to start having the worst coughing fit in the entirety of her life.

"Is it done?" The Evil Man called.

Coughing, one of the men answered, "It just has to sit for a few hours, then we should be able to continue."

Jillian groaned and leaned her head as far back as it would go. Really, they should have started this months ago. Couldn't they have at least started before capturing her? It was unfair that she had to sit through it all when they were going to kill her anyway. Couldn't she have some last minute regrets to fill? Like, she really wanted to visit her family, maybe get more involved or something. In fact, she really wanted to visit the library again, and maybe read that book on Vampires one more time. There was also the stables with Seinte to read her a story or scratch her under the chin - after making sure her magic muzzle was in place so no flames couldn't come out of her mouth. Then, she could go to ever single one of her favorite reading spots, take a trip to the Owlery and mingle with some real brains. Maybe after that, she could go find Peter and tell him things she never thought she'd be able to tell anyone, and kiss him in front of the entire school just so they knew that a Slytherin and a Gryffyndor could actually date, or even love, each other.

Jillian was overwhelmed with regrets. Her vision was going blurry again, but this time, it wasn't because she was afraid she was going to die, it was because she was afraid she wouldn't be able to live anymore. She even missed Snape, which told just how far gone she was. Jillian let her head fall forward to stare at her lap. She really had let everything pass her by thinking she could never be more than just invisible. But in reality, it had been everything else that was invisible to her.

Taking shaky breaths, Jillian got herself under control. The men had taken the cauldron out of the room, leaving her alone with her thoughts. Sad thoughts, regretful thoughts.

Wait a minute! Jillian lifted defiant eyes to glare at the door the men had left through. I can't just sit here. I just figured out I'm not invisible, and here I am, crying like a baby because I won't be able to do all these things. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, right?

Jillian looked around. Like she was going to let these stupid terrorists keep her from kissing Peter again. She had to find her way out, get to the headmaster, to Peter, to anyone, and she had to stop these people if it meant her life. She would stop being a sniveling, invisible git and turn herself around into the heroine that she could be.

Okay, evaluation time. The men were out of the room - probably for a long while since they had to do something or other with that smoky cauldron. They had tied her hands and feet to this chair with a magic rope that you couldn't slip out of - that probably meant you couldn't cut it either. Making sure there were no figures in sight, Jillian used all her strength and started to wobble the chair toward where the cauldron had been. Although the smoke from the cauldron had filtered in the room for that brief moment, most of it had somehow escaped in only a few minutes. She was guessing there was some type of chimney that let the smoke out.

Ah-ha! Look who was RIGHT! Jillian looked up at the very long and dark chimney above her and did a little victory dance with her head. She scooted forward more and stared up, suddenly deflated. Okay, way out, and yet no way out. How in Merlin's name was she going to get from point A (the Floor) up through point B (the Chimney) and out to point C (preferably somewhere with Peter or some teachers).

Okay, think, Jillian! There has to be a way.

Jillian closed her eyes and thought. Was there some way she could do magic without a wand? Suddenly, a picture came to mind - her in Peter's room. She grinned at the thought now, though it had been confusing at the time. How had she gotten there? She tried to think back further. What exactly was she thinking to get her into Peter's room and not anywhere else? Why had she been thinking it?

Before she'd appeared there, she'd...just closed her eyes and wished she could see Peter!

Jillian closed her eyes and said, "I wish I could see Peter."

When she opened them, amazingly, she was still sitting beneath the chimney. Growling, she said, this time silently, I wish I could see Peter!

Again, nothing happened. Jillian could hear footsteps now, and she closed her eyes thinking desperately, Please, just take me to him. I don't know how I did it before, just do it again.

Taking a deep breath, Jillian felt a sort of twinge then heard gasps all around her. Cautiously, she opened one eye and looked around her to see about a hundred students all sitting at tables in the library with open books and mouths.

"Uh," she started, then spotted Peter sitting right in front of her with a shocked and concerned look on his face. She was still in the chair, tied up, which was probably why he looked worried, but Jillian didn't care about that right now. Bursting into tears of relief, she yelled, "You stupid git, I can't believe I had to go through all that just so I could realize how much I actually love you."







And, darn it, it ends again. Now, that took forever for me to get out, and I feel ashamed because I have no good excuses to all you good people who have taken the time to read my story. You have no idea how much I love all you guys. Thanks for reading and reviewing - you give me hope for my story. I'll try out a new thing where I actually write the story faster so you don't have to stay hanging for too long.
Danger Zone by Constellation
Jillian sobbed loudly in a silent room as the bonds on the chair made it impossible for her to run forward, grab Peter’s face and kiss him as passionately as possible. Through her tears, she saw Peter walk forward quickly and kneel down beside her. “Shh, shh, Jillian. It’s okay. We’ll get you out of all this. It’s okay.”

Even though his words sounded calming, it only caused her to cry louder and lean her head on his shoulder. She had been so scared. She may not have realized it at the time, but that was one of the scariest (not to mention most boring) things that had ever happened to her. Why did kidnappings seem so much more exciting in books?

Finally, the room around her burst into action as Kirsten ran forward, shrieking and questioning her about what happened. Others were running to find teachers, while other just seemed to want to see this weird phenomenon. Lately, it seemed that Jillian always ended up as the strange phenomenon.

Thankfully, Peter didn’t move from his spot, where he continued to rub the back of her head while she sobbed into his shoulder. It felt comforting and painful at the same time since Kirsten was pulling at her arms, which were still tied to the chair. When she finally got a hold of herself, Jillian pulled her head away and snapped, “Kirsten, that really hurts. Would you stop?”

Kirsten burst into tears, making Jillian feel even worse. “Um, Kirsten, I’m sorry for yelling like that, but it really did hurt.”

“I-I’ve been so w-worried,” she sobbed. “W-when I couldn’t find you before, I came to ask this Slytherin, but we both couldn’t find you, and it was s-so s-scary.”

Jillian turned to Peter and asked, “Whoa, how long have I been gone?”

“Two days,” he answered. “We were going to go find a teacher after searching the library one more time. We thought you might have gotten too caught up in a book.” He laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his head as if he felt stupid. “Then you suddenly show up, tied up and, um, shouting.”

“Shouting,” she repeated thoughtfully, then suddenly, blushing, she looked down. Omigosh! Had she really shouted to the whole library that she loved Peter? She glanced up and noticed Peter was also blushing, which made her feel a little better. Wait, this was not time for falling in love! There was an evil plot being put into action right below their feet!

“Peter,” she whispered, “Listen. Kilicus got me and was holding me prisoner. I saw him and his companions. They were making some kind of potion below the school. They had me tied up to a chair, and there was this Evil Guy, and they kept chanting for what seemed like forever. They’re definitely onto the final phase of whatever plan they’ve been planning.”

Peter looked at her and nodded. “Okay, let’s get you out of these ropes, then we’ll talk about it some more.”

Jillian nodded, and they waited until Professor Flitwick burst into the library, being held aloft by three students. They brandished him in front of Jillian, and, flustered, he performed the counter for the ropes before scolding the students who had carried him there.

Jillian groaned and pulled her arms out of the position that they had held for what seemed like eternity. It amazed her that her arms even came forward at last since they were so against coming out of a familiar position. Peter rubbed her arms, which actually helped, and helped her stand up. But, when she fell, he swooped her up just like a fairy tale princess. Jillian held onto his neck, gasping at the sensation of being carried. A few people oohed and ahhed as he walked her briskly out of the library and down the hall toward an unfamiliar part of the castle.

Looking behind Peter, she noticed that no one had followed. Curiously, she looked ahead, but nothing looked familiar. Finally, Peter carried her into a room full of seven other students. Each one of them was wearing the robes of a different house, two for each color. She recognized one of the girls, who wore the green robes of Slytherin like Peter, as the girl who had come to get Peter in the library and told his last name. Otherwise, the rest looked unfamiliar.

Peter sat her in a chair as Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, and Madame Pomfrey walked into the room. All of them pulled up a chair and sat around Jillian as she continued to gape at everyone.

She turned to Peter and blinked. “What in Merlin’s name is happening here? Why are all the Professors here, and why are there students here, too?”

Peter sighed and sat down beside her. “Um, this is going to be hard to explain, and I doubt you’ll believe half of it.”

“Well, then you’d better get started,” she retorted, leaning back and folding her arms.





Author's Note: Whoa, that took a lot longer than usual. I didn't think anyone had actually continued to read this story, then I just happened to log in and see that there were people still expecting an ending, and since I hate stories that have no ending, I guess I'll finish it. It'll probably all conclude within the next two chapters or so, so enjoy!