Simultaneous Emotions by dracosgreyblueeyes
Summary: Draco's best friend, Katrina, comes to visit every summer, but he's never known how she's really felt deep down. Can a dinner conversation started by his father, Lucius, change everything. Will Katrina's secret stay that way.
Categories: Draco/Other Character Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1269 Read: 1615 Published: 01/24/05 Updated: 12/02/05

1. Everything Has A Begining by dracosgreyblueeyes

Everything Has A Begining by dracosgreyblueeyes
They had always been friends, always spending the last weeks of the summer holiday together, sharing the same house at Hogwarts, and she had always loved him. Katrina and her mother Larissa were always close to the Malfoy family, and from day one, Katrina had been in love with Draco.
However, this year was different, her love had grown deeper and she had just suffered a broken heart, by none other than Draco's arch-enemy: Harry Potter.



Malfoy Residence

Draco stormed out of the kitchen and can bursting out into the hall, making his way to the front door he was going to find Harry and then he was going to kill him.

"Draco, wait. No!" screamed Katrina as she chased after him. "There's no need to start trouble over me!" she exclaimed.

She enjoyed Draco's protective-ness, but she knew that it would do no good, he could never be her prince, he didn't think about her that way.

Meanwhile, Draco was filled from head to toe with rage, "How dare that scum Potter break the heart of the innocent and beautiful Katrina! How dare he hurt her! As soon as we get back to school I'm going to show him not to mess with my...Katrina!"Draco thought to himself. He turned to look at Katrina with complete sympathy, but she was no longer behind him. He found her in the guest room that she had stayed in every summer vacation since they were little. She was sobbing in a dark corner; the gloom could not disrupt her pure beauty, her long black hair that curled at the ends, her flawless complexion, and her emerald green eyes. "She has really matured over the last year" Draco thought to himself.

Draco had always cared about Katrina. He beat up all his friends for calling her a goody-two-shoes and saying that she didn't belong in Slytherin, now he wanted to beat up Potter for breaking her heart and bringing tears to her beautiful eyes.

He took her in his arms and held her there for a while. They had known each other so well all their lives that they had always known what each other was feeling, except when the question came to how they felt about each other. Katrina had always loved Draco, yet he had never known. She didn't want him too know, because she knew that he didn't love her back and she didn't want to get her hopes up. She devoted her life to making him happy.

CRASH!

Both jumped, such a sudden noise had startled them both! "What was that?" they both cried simultaneously. They both looked at each other and laughed. They said the same thing at the same time so often when they were little, but in this past year they had been further apart in some way. This simultaneous coincidence, was a nice sense of familiarity.

They both ran out of the room too see what had happened, and found that the house elf had dropped a great deal of books that he was returning to the library down the hall. Katrina rushed to help the poor elf clean up the books, then she returned to Draco on the stairs.

“Are you going to be alright?” asked Draco sincerely, after they had calmed down.

“I think so. Thank you so much for caring about me, but it’s nothing really. I will get over him,” answered Katrina, honestly.

She looked into his eyes and had noticed how mature he had grown over the past year. His eyes had more blue in them than usual and he had let his hair down, giving it less of that stiff look. He looked happier and more relaxed than usual. This only made her fall even more helplessly in love with him.
They both had gotten lost in the moment and were staring deeply into one-another’s eyes. Draco moved in closer and Katrina's heart skipped. A chill ran down her back and then through the rest of her. Both closed their eyes and their lips were about to touch...

“DINNER!” called Draco’s mother from the kitchen.

They both jumped and could not believe what had just almost occurred.

"Sorry about that," said Draco with a hint of regret in his eyes.

"No problem." responded Katrina disappointedly. "Let's go eat I'm starving and your mum's food is always delightful."



During dinner

“It’s a shame that you allowed such a perfectly wonderful girl to be with such a horrid boy. That fool Potter is no better than his parents,” stated Lucius Malfoy, “I have always wondered why Draco and Katrina have never gotten together.”

“I feel that it is right to let Katrina make her own decisions, even if she decides that the Potter boy is right,” replied Larissa, “As for why Draco and Katrina have never gotten together, I have been wondering the same.” They both turned to the two.

Katrina told her mother about everything, except her love for Draco. She just sat quietly with a faint pink in her pale glowing cheeks.

“I don’t know,” said Draco, “I guess we are just too close as friends and that may ruin it. Plus I’m taking a liking for Pansy Parkinson.” He knew that that was the biggest lie that he had ever told. He had thought about Katrina. He thought about her everyday, but this seemed like a likely excuse.

“Pity,” said his mother, “Katrina is much prettier and is a much better girl. However, it is your choice, son.”

His father rolled his cold black eyes and looked rather disgusted at the thought of his son with Pansy Parkinson. “You have horrible taste, son. Katrina is beautiful and that Parkinson girl is rather plump.”

Just like his father to criticize people, he knew that he did not like Parkinson, but honestly, did he have to be so cruel.

“So how’s everything at the ministry,” said Larissa, trying hard to change the subject. She had seen the pink on her daughter’s cheeks and had decided to talk to her about it later.



Later on in the guest room

After dinner, Larissa and Katrina went up to their rooms and Larissa decided to call Katrina in to talk to her.

“Katrina, darling, I saw your cheeks turn pink at dinner when Lucius questioned why you and Draco had never started a relationship. Has there been something you’ve been hiding from me?” asked Larissa.

“Well, to be honest mother, yes. I…I…umm…well I have been umm…in…umm…I’ve been in love with Draco all my life." she burst out, like she had been holding it back forever. "I have hidden it from everyone because I don’t want to get my heart broken. I would never want to do anything to disrupt the friendship we have built,” she said with tears in her eyes. “It’s so hard to keep it all from everyone, but I just want him to be happy. I don’t want him to have to worry about me. I dream about him every night. I write about him and then I throw it away. It’s no use wasting away my life dreaming.” She was now sobbing in her mother’s arms.

Neither of them knew that Draco was standing outside the door that was slightly ajar. He had heard every word.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=11880