I love...who? by Hermiones_Revenge
Summary: Harry writes a love note to one person...but someone else recieves it and gets the wrong idea. From here, confusion and chaos come about. Who is really sending the notes? Who really likes who? What is going on?!






Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 13418 Read: 37678 Published: 01/25/05 Updated: 03/26/05

1. The Note by Hermiones_Revenge

2. Results of a Miscomunication by Hermiones_Revenge

3. Likely and Unlikely Pairs by Hermiones_Revenge

4. Who Would've Thought by Hermiones_Revenge

5. Two down... by Hermiones_Revenge

6. The Plan by Hermiones_Revenge

7. Bagels by Hermiones_Revenge

8. I can see clearly now (sort of) by Hermiones_Revenge

The Note by Hermiones_Revenge
**NOTES PASSED DURING TRANSFIGURATION**

Harry - You're staring.

Ron - At what?

Harry - Oh, I don't know, the girl you've been obsessed with FOREVER!

Ron - I AM NOT OBSESSED WITH HERMIONE!

Harry - I never said you were obsessed with Hermione.

Ron - Well that's what you meant!

Harry - How do you know that's what I meant?

Ron - Because you were LOOKING at Hermione.

Harry - Ooh, someone's defensive!

Ron - I am not defensive!

Harry - You were so staring at her!

Ron - I was just...staring! You know how it is in this class, I don't know what's going on so I just stare into space and Hermione just HAPPENS to sit in front of me!

Harry - So you WERE staring at her.

Ron - I was just staring. Not at her.

Harry - Whatever you say.




After class, Harry pulled Ron aside before they headed off to lunch.

"Ron, you have to tell her sometime," Harry said to him. "You have to tell Hermione before you go insane."

"I don't have to tell her anything!" Ron snapped defensively. There's nothing to tell!"

"It's so obvious that you like her!" Harry laughed. "Just tell her and get it over with! I'm sure she likes you too!"

"I don't have to tell her," Ron began angrily, "because I DON'T LIKE HER!"

"Oh stop denying it! I know you do, so there's no point in pretending you don't!"

"I'm not denying anything!" Ron exclaimed as his face began to redden. "I don't like her!"

Harry snickered. "Sure mate, whatever you say."

Ron stormed away, red faced and flustered. However, just as he was about to turn the corner, he remembered something.

"Oy, Harry!" he called. "Didn't you mention that you fancied someone too?"

Now it was Harry's turn to turn red. He rushed over to Ron.

"Yeah, tell the whole school why don't you!" he hissed, grabbing Ron's arm. "Yeah, I like someone. What about it?"

"Well then," Ron said, crossing his arms. "Why don't YOU tell HER that you like her?"

"Because I...I..."

"Why would I have to tell Hermione that I like her if YOU don't have to tell YOUR mystery woman!" he said. "I mean...if I did like Hermione that is...which I don't..."

"This is different," Harry replied shortly. "I mean...it's just that..."

Ron laughed. "Sure mate, whatever you say."




Harry sat on the edge of his bed and sighed. Maybe he should tell Ginny that he liked her...it was better than going crazy. Sighing, he knew that he'd never be able to gather the courage to walk up to her and tell her, especially if she was surrounded by other people. Besides, if Ron saw him talking to Ginny, he'd probably interrupt them. There had to be some other way.

Of course, he suddenly realized, he could send her a note! And, now that he thought of it, he didn't have to sign it! He could send her the note to make himself feel better without feeling like an idiot! But...what if she figured out it was from him and then told everyone? He'd never leave his dorm again. Grabbing a spare piece of parchment, he began to scribble.

**REASONS WHY I SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T SEND GINNY THE NOTE**

1.) It would make me feel better

2.) She might know it's from me and then I'll look stupid

3.) Ron might find out and kill me

4.) She might actually like me

5.) It would prevent me from writing more dumb lists like this

That settled it. He began to write.

I've liked you for a while, but haven't gotten up the courage to tell you. I think you're amazing.

That should be enough, he thought. It was short, sweet, and to the point. He wouldn't leave his name...maybe if she liked him, she'd figure it out on her own.

He left his dorm and went down into the common room. He had originally hoped that Ginny's backpack would be sitting somewhere unattended, but instead, Harry spotted her books sitting on a table. This would work just as well, he decided. After making sure no one was watching, Harry slipped the note between the pages of her herbology book and left the area quickly afterwards. The deed had been done.




I've liked you for a while...who could've written this? Neville had only left his books alone for a few minutes, so whoever had put the note in his herbology book might still be in the room. He looked up...a few first years were playing chess in the corner...Harry was walking around aimlessly...and Lavender was gazing out the window.

Lavender...

Earlier in charms, she had let him borrow a quill! And before that, she had held a door open for him! Obviously she had left the note! He should've known that she liked him. It was obvious, now that he thought of it. They would make the perfect couple.




**AN EXCERPT FROM NEVILLE'S JOURNAL**

I can't believe it, Lavender has a crush on me! She just sent me a love note: "I've liked you for a while, but haven't gotten up the courage to tell you. I think you're amazing." SHE THINKS I'M AMAZING! Why didn't I figure it out before?

I should probably send her a note, to let her know that I like her too! I mean, I didn't even realize that I liked her until today! I've got it - I'll slip a note in HER herbology book! But I can't let everyone see me...I'll write out a plan...

MY PLAN

1.) Write note

2.) Get Lavender's herbology book

3.) Put note in book

There! That should work! I'll do it later today, so I won't keep her waiting! I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE THINKS I'M AMAZING!




"Hey Hermione," Lavender called. "Can I borrow your herbology book?"

"Sure," Hermione replied, tossing her the book. "Just make sure you get it back to me."

"I will!"




**AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL**

Ron is so annoying. He's driving me crazy. One day, I swear he's desperately in love with me and the next, he's all over someone else. And he's annoying, to top it all off. "Hermione can I see your charms homework?" "Hermione what's the answer to number three?" "Hermione can I borrow a quill, I just threw mine out the window?"

WHY CAN'T HE JUST DO THINGS ON HIS OWN?!

I need to get my mind off of him.

*THINGS THAT ANNOY ME*

1.) Ron (wait...I'm not supposed to be thinking of him)

2.) Being hungry

3.) When I put down my quill and then, five seconds later, I can't find it

4.) When I completely forget about some homework assignment and then remember at the absolute last minute and have to rush to get it done

5.) When I forget what I was going to say

6.) When I forget what I was going to say and then remember five minutes later, but the conversation has already moved on so I can't say it

7.) When I can't fall asleep even though I'm tired

8.) All right, I have to say it, RON! HE'S SO ANNOYING!




There it was, Neville thought, Lavender's book. He had just watched her put it down and then walk to the other side of the common room. Now was the time...




A/N: Thanks for reading! Please review and tell me how this is. I know, it's no "Ron's Journal" (for my "...Thoughts of Hermione Granger" reviewers) but I promise he'll have a list or two in later chapters. If you liked this I have a few other stories up on this site: my first one, "The Secret Thoughts of Hermione Granger", the much better (and longer) sequel, "Oh the insanity - The Thoughts of Hermione Granger," and "Hogwarts Overturned."
Results of a Miscomunication by Hermiones_Revenge
**AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL**

Herbology

Oh...my...*gasp*...I just found a note in my herbology book! "Every morning I look forward to seeing you - you brighten my days." HOW CUTE IS THAT?! A love note! Someone ACTUALLY sent ME a love note! Maybe it's from Ron... Oh I hope it's from Ron! I've liked him for just about...I don't know...FOREVER.

That would definitely make my day.

Or maybe it's just a joke! Maybe someone thought it would be funny to make me think I have a secret admirer...that'd be so mean...But who would want to do that to me? Pansy? But...she's not in my herbology class, how would she be able to put something in my book? It has to be someone who would have access to my herbology book - Ron has access to my herbology book - but so does everyone else in this class.

No...it has to be from Ron...he's staring at me now...

**REASONS WHY THIS NOTE COULD BE FROM RON**

1.) He would have access to my herbology book and is always going through my stuff anyway, so it wouldn't look suspicious

2.) He acts like he likes me...sometimes

3.) He sees me every morning, so the note would make sense

4.) He's staring at me

5.) He's adorable. Ok, this is not a legitimate reason, but it's true

6.) The handwriting in the note looks somewhat like his

7.) I've been wishing for something like this to happen for so long that I just might've wished it true

8.) I wouldn't know who else would want to send me a love note

9.) If it's not from him, I think I just might go insane




Lavender Brown was utterly confused. She had been sitting at the Gryffindor table beside Parvati, eating and talking happily like she did every day. Together they were gossiping about Patricia Flamword's heinous new haircut, when Neville Longbottom took a seat beside her. Lavender eyed him curiously.

"How're you?" he asked as if he spoke to her on a daily basis.

Lavender didn't know what to think. "Umm...I'm fine I guess," she replied slowly. "How're you?"

"I'm wonderful."

Why wasn't he sitting with his friends? "Do you...do you need somehthing?" she inquired.

At first he looked a bit puzzled. "Didn't you get my..." His eyes moved to Parvati. "Oh, I see...you haven't mentioned it to her yet. It's all right. If you're not ready for her to know about it, I understand."

Now Lavender was beyond confused. What was he talking about? "I haven't mentioned what to her yet?"

He smiled. "Right, I got it."

At this point, Parvati had become very interested in Neville's strange decision to strike up a conversation with her best friend. She tugged on Lavender's arm and motioned for her to lean in.

"What does he want?" she whispered in Lavender's ear.

"I don't know!"

"Why does he suddenly want to talk to you?" she wondered.

"I have no idea!"




Of course, Neville thought to himself, how could he have been so stupid. Lavener hadn't told him about her feelings in person because she didn't want Parvati to know. She probably felt self-conscious about letting her best friend know that she had a crush on someone as clumsy and awkward as Neville. Parvati, obviously, knew nothing of Lavender's love note. Neville knew well enough not to bring it up, as this would probably mortify her.

"Do you need something?" Parvati interrogated him. "Is there any particular reason you decided to come over here?"

"No," he replied. "I just thought I could sit somewhere different for a change."

She eyed him suspiciously. "What're you up to Longbottom?"

"Nothing!" He leaned into Lavender. "Don't worry, I won't tell her."

Lavender gave him a look. Neville was impressed by how well she was pretending to be oblivious to what he was talking about. He smiled weakly.

"So," Neville began, a bit unnerved by Parvati's suspicion. "How's your family?"

"They're good," Lavender replied. "How about you?"

"Oh, my Gran's all right for the most part," he told her. "Except for this one incident last week. She was walking around in a muggle store when all of a sudden, these mad clowns ran over to her..."




AN EXCERPT FROM LAVENDER'S JOURNAL

The most peculiar thing happened to me today! I was sitting at lunch with Parvati like I always do - she was talking about how ugly Patricia Flamword's new haircut was, and it is quite honestly, the most hideous thing I've ever seen - when Neville Longbottom sat next to me. He started talking to me like we were old friends and mentioned someting about 'not mentioning it to Parvati yet.' I have no idea what it is that I haven't told Parvati! He had me completely confused!

Strangely enough, it was a pretty fun lunch period. He kept telling me all sorts of crazy stories about his Gran and joked about all of the bizarre things that happen to him. A lot of times I found myself laughing so hard that Parvati thought I was completely insane. I don't think she likes the idea of Neville and me becoming friends. She thinks he's weird.

Well, he is weird, but he's pretty nice once you get to know him. He followed me around for a while...I have absolutely no idea why. I still don't know why he started talking to me in the first place! But things didn't turn out so bad...




"You sent her a note?" Ron said in disbelief.

"Yeah I did," Harry replied. "Though...I don't know what she thought of it."

"Wait, you never actually told me," Ron remembered. "Who'd you send the note to?"

"I've told you a million times, I'm not telling you!" Harry groaned.

Ron rolled his eyes. "Fine then. Can you at least tell me what happened when you sent her the note?"

"Well I slipped it in her book," Harry began, "but she hasn't said anything to me since then! Whenever she's around me, she acts as if nothing ever changed!"

"Maybe she doesn't like you," Ron suggested, "and feels weird talking about it."

Harry's stomach lurched. This made sense...Ginny probably was embarassed by Harry's note. "Or maybe," he thought aloud, "she hasn't found it yet."

Ron nodded in agreement. "That could be a possibility."

"Maybe she put her book in her bag," Harry continued, "and it fell out!"

"Who knows," Ron told him. "But I personally think that if she found it, she would've told you by now."

That was probably it, Harry thought to himself. She probably just hasn't found it yet...




"You got a love note?" Ginny squealed. "That's so cute! Who's it from?"

"I'm not completely sure," Hermione replied. "I mean, I think I know...but I'm just guessing."

"Well then, confront the person you think sent you the note," Ginny told her.

"I...I don't think I could do that."

Ginny shrugged and stretched out on the sofa. "I wish someone would send me a love note."

"Oh?" Hermione replied. "Like who?"

"I'm not telling you, you'll think I'm stupid!"

"Well then I'm not telling you who I think the note's from!"

Ginny paused for a moment. "If I tell you, I know you'll tell him."

"I won't, I promise."

"And besides," she went on, "I already know who you think the note is from."

Hermione rolled her eyes and pulled out her beloved journal. She began to scribble furiously on the next blank page.

**AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL**

Should I tell Ron that I like him? I mean...I'm pretty sure the note's from him, and if it is, then that means he likes me too. I like him, he likes me...WHY AREN'T WE TOGETHER?! This is so stupid. It makes absolutely no sense.

But...for some reason I'm not completely convinced that this note is from him.

But who else could've sent it?

Hmm...




Lavender couldn't sleep. She had just spent another day talking with Neville, and couldn't help but notice that they got along well, very well. Sure, he was clumsy and incredibly accident prone, but he always managed to make her laugh. And he seemed to have a new fixation with her...but why? It didn't matter. The fact was that Lavender now had an interesting dilema.

Did she like Neville?

No, she quickly told herself, Parvati would never let it happen. She thought he was weird...and he was weird...but for some reason that didn't seem like such of a bad thing anymore. Maybe Lavender could anonymously tell him...a note! She could send him a note. That would definitely make her feel better.

Grabbing a quill and some spare parchment, she began to write.




A/N: It's always so good to see that many of my regular reviewers for "...Insanity" and "Overturned" checked out this new story. Reviews are very much appreciated! The plot thickens as this goes on - more notes get sent, more people get the wrong idea. If this is the first story of mine that you've read, I'd suggest reading my other stories, "The Secret Thoughts of Hermione Granger" (completed) "Oh the Insanity - the Thoughts of Hermione Granger" (completed) and "Hogwarts Overturned" (not completed) Thanks for reading!
Likely and Unlikely Pairs by Hermiones_Revenge
"C'mon Lavender, hurry up so we can go to breakfast," Parvati said impatiently. "I'm starved!"

Lavender quickly pretended to be fussing with her hair. "Why don't you go without me," she cautiously replied. "I'm going to be a while."

Parvati raised her eyebrows. Lavender always walked to breakfast with her. "Is something wrong?"

"No, I'm just moving slower than usual today," she assured her. "I'll be down soon."

"All right then," Parvati replied with a shrug. "I'll meet you there." Deciding not to inquire further, Parvati left the room.

Lavender let out a sigh of relief. Finally, she had the opportunity to put her note to Neville in his dorm. At first she had intended on slipping it into one of his his books or something like that, but she feared something might go wrong. There was a possibility that the note could fall out or, much to her horror, she could accidentally put it in the wrong book. THAT, she thought with a shudder, would be a nightmare.

After making sure that all the boys in Neville's dorm were in the Great Hall for breakfast, Lavender stealthily slipped into the room. It was much different from her own room, mainly because in her dorm she could actually see the floor. Clothes, books, parchment, and other such things were thrown everywhere; Lavender was horrified to see that under one of the beds was what appeared to be a half-eaten sandwich. She couldn't imagine how such a small group of boys could succeed in making such a mess.

Making sure to avoid anything that looked dangerous, Lavender carefully examined each of the beds in an attempt to determine which one belonged to Neville. It didn't take her long to figure out which was his; the covered in various herbology books had to be it. Gingerly, she placed the note on top of one of the books and then hurried out of the room. Her plan had worked perfectly.




Before heading off to their classes, Harry, Ron, Dean, Seamus, and Neville rushed back up to their dorm to get their books together.

"Oy Neville! How many times do I have to tell you to keep your books off my bed!" Ron complained. He picked up all of Neville's assorted herbology books and tossed them across the room, not noticing the note that had fallen onto his bed.

"Stop throwing my stuff around!" Neville exclaimed. "These books are important!"

"Stop leaving your stuff on my bed then!"

"Will you two cut it out, we're going to be late," Harry intervened. "You can argue about this later."

Ron was about to comment, when he spotted the carefully folded piece of parchment sitting on his bed. Without alerting the others, he opened it.

Recently I've seen another side of you. You make my life interesting. Sometimes, the most unusual people are meant to be together.

Immediately the color drained out of Ron's face. Could it be from...it had to be from...had Hermione sent him the note?

"What happened to you?" Dean called to Ron. "You're paler than you usually are!"

"N-nothing," Ron stammered. "I'm fine, really."

Harry raised his eyebrows. "Sure you are mate. Now hurry up, we're going to be late to McGonagall's class."

Ron nodded and silently followed him out of the room, keeping the note clutched in his fist.




**A RANDOM BIT OF PARCHMENT THAT RON DECIDED TO SCRIBBLE ON TO AMUSE HIMSELF DURING TRANSFIGURATION**

REASONS WHY THAT NOTE COULD BE FROM HERMIONE
by me

1.) She's always in my dorm anyway, so she'd know which bed was mine

2.) The handwriting in the note kind-of looks like hers...it's like she tried to disguise it, but didn't do a good job

3.) I...admit to myself that I like her, so maybe because I've wanted this for so long, it ACTUALLY happened

4.) I want it to be from Hermione

5.) I don't know who else would possibly want to send me a love note

6.) She's been acting kind-of weird lately

7.) This class is really boring

8.) I'm hungry




"What're you looking at?" Harry asked Ron as they left Transfiguration.

"Nothing," Ron immediately replied as he frantically stuffed Hermione's note into his pocket. "It was just a bit of parchment, that's all."

Harry was not pleased by this answer. "Ron, who was that note from?"

"No one!" Ron snapped defensively. It was time, he thought to himself, to change the subject. "Whatever happened to that note you sent to the girl you fancy?"

"I don't think she got it," Harry sighed. "Either that or she's choosing to ignore me."

"Nah, that can't be it," Ron assured him. "She probably hasn't found it."

"I'm beginning to think you're right about that," Harry said. "D'ya think I should send her another one?"

"I think you should."

Suddenly, Harry came to his senses. "Wait a minute! You never told me what that note you were reading was about!"

Ron automatically reddened. "It's...it's nothing!"

"Who's it from?"

"I...I'm not sure," Ron stammered. "It wasn't signed."

"What, d'you have a secret admirer or something?"

Ron became even redder. Harry howled with laughter.

"A love letter? Let me see!"

"No!"

"Who's it from?"

"How thick are you, I just told you it wasn't signed!" Ron struggled to get Harry away from him. " 'Sides, it's no big deal."

Harry laughed. It was obviously a big deal.




Ginny collapsed onto her bed and began to think. Someone had sent Hermione a love letter...maybe she should send one to Harry. Keeping quiet about her feelings was driving her absolutely insane, and sending an anonymous letter wouldn't hurt anyone. Besides, she had a funny feeling that Harry might like her too. And suddenly, she thought of something.

What if Hermione's note was from Harry?

Ginny hadn't thought of this before...the minute Hermione had mentioned it, she immediately assumed that it was from her stupid brother. But there was a possibility that Harry could've sent Hermione the note. They were, Ginny thought to herself, very good friends. How did she know that they weren't more?

Maybe she shouldn't send Harry a letter. Who knows? If he did like Hermione, he could think it was from her and then the two of them might get together.

Annoyed by her thoughts, Ginny pulled out her diary and began to write.

**AN EXCERPT FROM GINNY'S DIARY**

I don't know, should I tell Harry that I like him? There's no way I'd be able to just walk right up to him and say it, so I'd definitely have to do it in a note. Hermione recieved an anonymous love note, why shouldn't I send one?

But what if he knows it's from me? He might make fun of me! Or even worse, he might tell Ron who would make fun of me even more! Uh, this is so complicated, I don't know what to do! No matter what I do, things never seem to turn out right!

AND what would I write in a love note. "I really like you Harry," woah, that's original. He'd be sooooo impressed. I hate this.




"Wow, since when have the two of them been so close?" Ron wondered, motioning to Lavender and Neville. They were conversing excitedly in a corner of the common room, as if they had known each other forever.

"No idea," Hermione replied. She would never admit it out loud, but she was a bit jealous...why couldn't she have a relationship like that? Sighing, she turned to Ron.

"Did we have any homework for Hagrid?" he asked.

"No," she told him. For a moment she paused. Should she make an inference to the note? She still wasn't sure if he had sent it...something inside her told her that things weren't right.

"And...all we needed to do for McGonnagall's class was finish that classwork, right?" he questioned on, still unaware that Hermione was in deep thought.

"Right."

Hermione finally decided what she was going to do. She would casually mention something about a "note" and see how Ron reacted. If he tensed up and became nervous, then she'd assume that he had sent her the note. However, if he continued as if nothing was unusual...

"Hey Ron, come over here for a second!" Dean called to him from across the room. "I need you to see something!"

Hermione rolled her eyes as Ron walked away. Of course, she thought to herself. I finally get up the courage to ask Ron about the note...and he leaves. This is just perfect.




A/N: Glad to see that many of my traditional reviewers have gotten into this story, but it's also good to see new names! Reviews for this story are very much appreciated! Also, if you haven't read my other stories I'd reccomend that you check them out!
Who Would've Thought by Hermiones_Revenge
Neville was so nervous that he was actually shaking. The prospect of officially asking Lavender out was almost as frightening as going to Potions with Professor Snape. He knew it was ridiculous to be uneasy, especially because he already knew she liked him, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't calm himself down.

For some reason, the idea of asking Lavender out had only just crossed his mind. He liked her, she liked him...what was next? There was no way she'd ever be bold enough to ask him out, especially with Parvati always following her around. It was obviously his responsibility to make the next move. However, he had quickly found that actually going through with it would be much harder than he thought.

"You all right Neville?" Seamus asked. "You look as if someone's about to kill you!"

"N-N-No...I'm all right...really..." he stuttered. "I'm just worried about...the Potions test."

"Have you gone mad?" Ron laughed. "There is no Potions test!"

"R-Right," Neville replied, blushing. "I guess I was just getting my classes mixed up."

Seamus shot him a suspicious glance. "What's really wrong? What're you hiding?"

"Nothing!"

Now Ron was also suspicious. "And now that I think of it," he said, "you and Lavender have been pretty friendly lately. Since when are you two so close?"

Neville blushed more. "I...I dunno..."

"Oy mates!" Ron shouted, beginning to laugh. "I think our Neville's got himself a bit of a crush!"

"Well she likes me too!" Neville snapped defenisvely.

Ron's eyebrows went up. "Oh? And how do you know that?"

"I just...do..."

Ron was about to pester Neville further, but Harry then entered the room.

"Hey Harry!" Ron said to him. "Neville here fancies Lavender!"

Harry chuckled. "Neville and Lavender, who would've thought?"

"Well she fancies me too!"

"How'dya know?" Harry asked him, unable to keep himself from grinning.

"Well..." Neville began slowly. "She...she sent me a note."

"She sent you a note? A love note?" Seamus snickered. "Well what'd it say?"

"That's none of your business!"

"Oh c'mon Neville," Harry began. "If you don't read it to us, we're just going to steal it from you and read it ourselves!"

Neville paused. This was true. "Oh all right." He reached into his pocket and pulled out Lavender's note...and then hesitated.

"Hurry up Neville, read it!" Ron shouted.

He sighed. "Fine. It says, 'I've liked you for a while, but haven't gotten up the courage to tell you. I think you're amazing.' There, are you happy now?"

The instant the inevitable laughter started, Neville blushed again and hurried out of the room. He was in such a rush to flee the scene that he never once realized that only two of the boys had burst into hysterics. The other one had turned a rather pale shade of green.




Hermione walked slowly throughout the library, wondering where she'd be able to find a book on Cornish Pixies, when she spotted him. There, on the other side of the library, was Ron. He seemed to be doing homework, which would make sense because Colin Creevy and twenty-six dungbombs had made doing homework in the common room quite impossible. However, it wasn't what Ron was doing that interested Hermione. It was the fact that he was alone.

Finally she would have the opportunity to mention the note to Ron.

Casually she wandered over to him, trying to think of something to say. Once he realized her presence, he looked up from his parchment.

"Hey Hermione, what're you doing here?" he asked.

"Oh nothing," she replied, taking a seat across from him. "How about you?"

"Damn potions homework," he muttered, returning to his parchment. "This is going to take me forever."

She suddenly felt uneasy. Surely she didn't want to distract him from his homework...it was a miracle that he was actually doing it.

"How far along are you?" she inquired, hoping to continue the conversation.

"Not far."

There was a silence. Hermione wasn't sure what she should do.

"Well, if you're busy I'll leave you here," she said, rising from her chair."

Ron nodded.




**AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL**

It's official. Boys...just don't like me. I like them, but they have no interest in me. I have given up.

But then who sent that note?

I'm beginning to think that this whole note thing is just a joke. I have no evidence to prove that it's from Ron, and no one else has even pretended to show the slightest bit of interest in me. Or maybe the note wasn't actually meant for me. Maybe whoever sent it put it in the wrong book or something. Who knows...

I hate everyone.




"I-I-I mean...uh...how's your...erm...mum?" Neville stammered.

"She's fine," Lavender replied. Why was he acting so nervous? "Is anything wrong?"

"NO! Nope, nothing at all!" he quickly responded. For the past eleven minutes, he had been trying to gather the courage to ask Lavender out, but things were not going well.

"So...you never told me," she said slowly. "What was it that you wanted to ask me?"

"I just wanted to ask you..." he began. "I wanted to know...I was wondering...maybe...if you want to..."

"Yes?"

"Could I borrow a quill?"

Lavender's heart sank. This wasn't what she was expecting. "Oh. All right." She removed a quill from her bag and handed it to Neville.

"T-T-Thanks."

"It was nothing, really." Lavender sighed and began to walk away, when Neville called to her again.

"WAIT!" he shouted. "I-I-I...I have something else to ask you."

She turned around. "What is it? What's wrong."

"I was thinking...I was wondering...maybe...if you wanted to...you don't have to..."

"Spit it out already!"

"Wouldyouwannagooutwithme?" Neville blurted out, all as one long word.

"What?"

"Would you want to...maybe...go out with me?"

Lavender blushed. Neville blushed harder.

"I'd like that.




Ron's Potions homework was far from finished. Part of the reason was because he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. The other part was because all he could think about was Hermione's note. There was a great deal written on his parchment, but none of it was worthy of handing in. The words "Potions Junk" were scribbled at the top of the page.

POTIONS JUNK
by Ron Weasley

Potions class is really boring and impossible to do good in cause Snape is evil and hates Gryffindors and especially Harry and me. This essay is dumb and I don't feel like doing it. I don't even know what it's on. Does Hermione like me...not that I like her or anything...

I don't know what to write and hate doing homework and hate Snape and hate Potions. I'm never going to get this stupid thing done. And I still don't know who sent that note but I think it's Hermione not that I want it to be from her I just think it is. I hate Potions just as much as I hate Snape. I wish it didn't exist or I didn't have to take it or Snape would just...go away. Forever.
And I hate potions.

He sighed and dropped his quill. He was getting absolutely nowhere with this homework and had managed to chase Hermione away by pretending to do it. Did he like her? No, he thought to himself, ridding his mind of that thought. They were friends, not...more.

He picked his quill back up again.

And then he put it down. It was useless. He would never be able to concentrate on doing homework while thoughts of Hermione filled his head. Did she ever think about him? Did she like him? No...he stopped himself...it didn't matter because he didn't like her. He wouldn't even admit to it in his own mind.

He picked the quill up once more.

And five minutes later, after writing absolutely nothing, he dropped it.




The Great Hall was buzzing with whispers during dinner.

"Didn't you hear?"

"Neville and Lavender?"

"When did it happen?"

"And she sent a love note..."

"And he asked her out..."

"Neville and Lavender?"

"Who'd of thought?"

All of the commotion bothered Hermione. All of the attention Neville and Lavender were getting...she knew she'd never get that kind of attention. Why, she thought to herself, did boys have absolutely no interest in her? It was annoying.




**AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL**

For me, it's sad to see how happy Neville and Lavender are because I'm quite aware that I'll never, ever, ever, have that kind of happiness. This is making me depressed. If Ron had sent me the note, he would've been acting funny or something. Ugh, I hate this.




**A RANDOM BIT OF PARCHMENT HARRY DECIDED TO SCRIBBLE ON**

Neville got the note...Merlin...Neville got the note. Neville got Ginny's note. Ginny didn't get the note. Neville got the note. Neville got my note...Neville...of all people...Neville...NEVILLE!




A/N: The plot thickens! Well...I don't know if you could say that...If you haven't already, please consider reading my other stories (The Secret Thoughts of Hermione Granger, Oh the Insanity - The Thoughts of Hermione Granger, Hogwarts Overturned, and Target Practice) all of which are in the humor section. And like always, PLEASE REVIEW!
Two down... by Hermiones_Revenge
Lavender heard the door open and instantly froze. Could it be...

"Hey," came Parvati's voice from behind her. "I've been looking for you."

Lavender was quite aware of this, actually. She had been trying all day to avoid Parvati.

"So," Parvati continued. "What's new?"

Lavender turned around slowly. "Nothing...nothing really."

"Why have you been avoiding me?" Parvati asked.

"I haven't been..."

"Yes you have!"

"Well what makes you think that?"

Parvati folded her arms. "I don't know. Maybe when you saw me walking down the hallway and immediately ran the other way, knocking over three first years in the process."

"I...I..." Lavender stammered. "I was in a hurry."

"Uh-huh," Parvati replied flatly. "Does this, by any chance, have anything to do with Neville?"

"No! Of course not! Why would it..." she stopped in mid-sentence. "All right. I just thought...well...I thought you'd make fun of me."

"I'd never make fun of you!" Parvati immediately replied. "You're my best friend! I was just upset that I wasn't the first one to know that you and Neville had gotten together! I mean, when I have to hear from some random second year Hufflepuff that my best friend's going out with someone, it kind-of hurts."

"I'm sorry," Lavender sighed. "It's just that Neville's so...so..."

"Weird?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"Well he is kind-of weird," Parvati admitted, "but if you like him...then I won't make fun of you! He is kind-of nice..."

Lavender smiled. "Thanks. I know."

(A/N: Aww...so happy and fluffy...that's enough of that for now!)




Harry was thoroughly annoyed. He was going to have to send Ginny another love note, and this time, he would make sure it actually got to her. The obvious way to assure that she would know it was intended for her, of course, would be to write her name on it. However, Harry feared that someone else might take it from him before he got a chance to give it to her, and his secret would be out. So he decided to write another note, exactly like he had the first time.

**You're sweet, kind, funny, and beautiful. I really like you**

Determined, he entered the common room, but ran into Ron and Seamus before he could do anything.

"Hey," Harry said uneasily, stuffing the note into his pocket as inconspicuously as possible. "What're you up to?"

"Flooing things," Ron replied. "Seamus found some floo powder."

"That's nice," Harry commented offhandedly, paying no attention to what they were saying.

"We got bored, so we wanted to see what kind of stuff we'd be able to floo," Ron explained.

"Uh-huh."

"Well first we wanted to know if you'd be able to floo food," Seamus began, "so we tried a cupcake and it worked. Then we tried a whole buncha other stuff and it all worked too! Well...we had a bit of trouble flooing Neville's pants though but we got 'em to go eventually."

"That's nice," Harry repeated. He was busy folding and unfolding the note in his pocket.

"Let's see, what else could we floo..." Ron thought aloud. Unfortunately at that moment, Harry decided to take the note out of his pocket for some reason. "Hey! Parchment! We haven't tried flooing parchment!"

Much to Harry's horror, Ron snatched the note out of his hand, tossed it into the fire, and threw down the floo powder. In a flash of emrald flames, it was gone.

"RON! I needed that! I can't believe you!" Harry exclaimed, outraged. "Why didn't you ask me if..." Suddenly he stopped.

"What is it mate?"

"Wait a minute," he thought out loud. "You've been flooing these things...but where have they been going?"

Ron and Seamus exchanged looks.

"Have you been telling them where to go?" Harry asked.

"Uuh..." Ron looked up at the ceiling. "Where the bloody hell has all this stuff been ending up?"

*****Meanwhile, in the Slytherin Common Room*****

"What's going on?" Malfoy snapped as he approached the crowd that had formed. "Why's everyone gathered around the fireplace?"

"Stuff keeps comin' outa it!" Goyle grunted.

"Stuff keeps coming out of what?"

"The fireplace!"

Malfoy pushed his way through the crowd and saw a pile of the most random things imaginable sitting beside the fireplace. First he noticed what looked like a blanket that had a pair of pants lying of top of it, very similar to those worn by Neville Longbottom. His eyes then fell on a cupcake (with a bite taken out of it), a quill, three books, a picture frame holding a picture of Hermione Granger (?), seven left shoes, a toad, and a rather ugly hat.

"Where's it all coming from?" he wondered.

"Dunno," Crabbe grunted.

"I think someone's flooing it all," Malfoy continued. "But...who'd want to floo all THIS stuff? And why would they want to floo it HERE?"

Suddenly, the fire lit up once more and a piece of parchment appeared in a burst of green flames. Malfoy immediately grabbed it and read.

**You're sweet, kind, funny, and beautiful. I really like you**

Well it was obvious it was for him. The only question was, who was it from?




"Calm down Harry, it was just an accident!" Ron said.

"That wasn't an accident! You grabbed that paper out of my hand and flooed it....ON PURPOSE!"

"Well yeah, you've got me there," Ron replied thoughtfully, "but I didn't know it was important!"

"Well it was!"

"Why?"

Harry moaned. He was finally going to explode from all his frustration. "All this time I've been trying to send a love note to...SOMEONE! But they just...haven't gotten it yet! I sent one a while ago! IT SAID, I've liked you for a while, but haven't gotten up the courage to tell you! I think you're amazing! THAT'S WHAT IT SAID!"

"Hey," said a voice from behind him. "That's what the note Lavender sent to me said."

"I never sent you that note," Lavender replied, looking perplexed.

"OF COURSE SHE DIDN'T, I DID!"

Neville paused. "You sent me that note? Harry...I'm sorry...but I'm not like that..."

"NO!" Harry roared, growing more and more annoyed. "That note was supposed to be for Ginny!"

Ginny, who had been sitting at the other end of the room, looked up at the sight of her name.




**AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL**

I was originally doing homework in the common room, but once Ron and Seamus decided to floo things, I thought it would be best to leave.

*sigh* I'm really beginning to think that the note isn't from Ron. He would be acting funny around me by now if it was. It was probably Pansy trying to play a trick on me or something.

Ugh, I still need to finish my Herbology diagrams. I've been sitting here in the library for an hour now and for some reason, I just can't concentrate! I mean, I'm not hungry...well I am, but that's nothing unusual. I'm not angry at anyone...when I'm angry I write faster...I don't really think I'm sad either...I don't know what I am right now! BUT I DON'T LIKE IT!

**Things that I don't like**

1.) This. (wow, that's specific - I mean the way I'm feeling right now)

2.) Ham

3.) When the pages of a book get stuck together

4.) When I copy down homework wrong and then have to ask Harry or Ron what I'm supposed to do, not that they'll know, it's just polite of me to ask them first

5.) When I get wet, but I don't WANT to be wet

6.) Ham

7.) Wow...I didn't realize I'd written ham twice...umm, what else, getting lost

8.) When I run out of ink

9.) When I loose my quill

10.) Whe-

Ginny's coming, she looks happy, i should probably see what it is




"You're WHAT?"

"I'm...going out with Harry," she repeated, unable to wipe the grin off her face.

"Ginny, that's...that's great!"

"I know!" she squeaked. "I had no idea that he liked me! You see, he had sent me a note but Neville got it and thought it was from Lavender! How funny is that!"

"Hilarious," Hermione replied half-heartedly. That was it, she thought to herself. The note she had gotten was probably intended for someone else.

"It was so funny, Ron almost died," Ginny continued. "He started making death threats to Harry until I stopped him!"

"Oh dinner's going to be fun tonight," Hermione muttered, imagining what it would be like sitting between Harry and Ron as they argued.

She sighed. Her day just kept getting better.




A/N: The flooing the note to the Slytherins thing was partially my sister's idea, just getting that out there. Anyway, if you haven't already, PLEASE check out my other stories! (I won't list them here, you're all capable of going to my bio). And also, review! Reviews are so much appreciated and they make me happy! And if you haven't figured it out already, happy authors update faster...

And sorry it was a bit short.

AND I have banners for some of my stories up on my author page (the I love...who? one is in the works now)
The Plan by Hermiones_Revenge
"Look at them," Lavender sighed to Neville, "you'd think they'd be together by now."

"It's getting annoying," Ginny commented.

"It is annoying!" Harry agreed, rolling his eyes. "Those two are crazy about each other but for some reason, they just can't get together! We have to do something!"

They nodded in agreement as they continued to observe Ron and Hermione. On a squashy sofa in the corner of the common room they sat beside each other, both trying to complete a different homework assignment. Their situation was sad, really. It was so glaringly obvious that they liked each other, but neither of them would admit it. Ginny shook her head as she watched Hermione look lovingly over at Ron, who was completely oblivious to her affection.

"You're right," Neville said to Harry. "We have to do something to get them together."

"But what though?" Harry wondered. "What could we possibly do to make this work?"

Suddenly, a grin spread across Ginny's face. "I think I have an idea."




Malfoy strutted through the hallways, thinking to himself. So someone was desperately in love with him...well, there were plenty of people who were desperately in love with him, but someone actually had the guts to send him a note about it. Naturally they would have sent a note; he was just so amazingly attractive that whoever it was probably felt afraid to confront him in person. Who could it be though...

"Hey Goyle," he said. "Who d'ya think would send me a love note?"

"Uhh...some girl?"

Malfoy groaned. He really needed to buy at lest one intelligent friend. With this in mind he marched into the library, hoping to find someone there who might possibly know where the note had come from. There weren't too many other students in the room at the time. A group of first year Hufflepuffs were seated at a table on the left (they wouldn't be of any help), two seventh year Ravenclaws were fighting over a particularly old book in front of him (they seemed a bit busy), and to his right, flipping through a book, was Seamus Finnegan (it was worth a shot).

"Hey," Malfoy called to him. "I need to ask you something!"

"What do you want?" Seamus said in reply, curious as to why Malfoy would willingly talk to him.

"D'you know anything about this?" He handed Seamus the note.

"Hey, I recognize this, I think," Seamus laughed without reading it. "Ron and I took it from Harry last night! I can tell from the way it's folded!"

Malfoy's stomach lurched. No... "Y'mean...it's Harry's?"

"Yep!"

He could feel himself turning green. Harry...Harry Potter...Harry Potter...his arch nemesis...fancied him?




"No, no, no!" Lavender tutted. "That looks nothing like Hermione's handwriting!"

"Well yours doesn't look like Ron's handwriting!" Harry snapped defensively. "Yours looks like...looks like...not Ron!"

"Guys, please!" Ginny interceeded. "Harry, why don't you write the one from Ron, and Lavender can write the one from Hermione!"

Ginny, Harry, Lavender, and Neville were all situated in a corner of the common room, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. They were in the process of carrying out Ginny's foolproof plan, which seemed like it was going to work wonderfully.

"Is this all right?" Lavender asked, showing her note to Ginny.

"It's perfect."

Ginny grinned almost deviously as she read the note that Lavender had written in Hermione's handwriting. Ron, I've always thought of you as more than just a friend. You are so much more... If she didn't know better, she would've thought Hermione had written the note!

"Should I sign it?"

Ginny paused for a moment. "No, not this one."

"And what about mine?" Harry asked, shoving his note in Ginny's face.

She almost laughed; it looked exactly like Ron's handwriting. Hermione, I've always thought of you as more than just a friend. You are so much more... She was sure to think it was from him!

"It's perfect!"

"So when are you going to give them to Ron and Hermione?" Neville inquired.

"During dinner," she replied. "I'm sure they'll be distracted."

"Why?" Harry wondered, looking at her curiously.

Ginny shuddered. "You'll see."




Hermione could not help but smile as she entered the Great Hall that evening for dinner. The room was buzzing with the voices of excited students and the sweet aroma of food filled the air. On this particular evening, the ceiling was illuminated with the rich colors of a sunset, giving everything a bit of an orange tinge. Everything seemed so perfect.

This should have been the first indicator that something was going to happen. Things were never perfect.

Blissfully unaware of the commotion that was about to break out, Hermione took a seat at the Gryffindor table between Ron and Neville. Immediately she began to help herself to the masses of food that sat in front of her, eager to get started. She had just poured herself a glass of water when she realized that something was different.

"Where's Ginny?" she thought aloud. Ginny was almost always at the table before she was.

"I have absolutely no idea!" Harry instantly responded. "I mean, why would I know?"

Hermione gave him a look. So did Ron.

"Hey mate," Ron began dangerously. "I've been thinking about you and my sister..."

The color drained from Harry's face. "Umm...you see..."

"Is she the one you've been talking about? Is she the one you sent that note to?" Ron demanded.

"I...I..."

"My sister... my sister ..."

"Ron c'mon she's..."

"We are going to get some things straight right now!" Ron exclaimed, pounding his fist on the table so hard that Neville actually jumped. "First of all, you are going to treat my sister with respect at all times! If I hear anything otherwise, I swear, I'll see to it that you are fed to the giant squid!"

"Ron you don't have to..."

" Second of all if I hear from her or anyone else that she is unhappy in any way because of you, I'll see to it that you are fed to the giant squid!"

"C'mon mate why..."

" Third of all you are to inform me of any dates or stuff like that, so I can approve of them! If you two go somewhere without letting me know I'll..."

"I know, I know," Harry interrupted, a bit annoyed. "You'll see to it that I'm fed to the giant squid."

"Right!"

Harry could tell that Ron was going to keep yelling and braced himself for another verbal attack. He couldn't complain - a verbal attack was better than a physical one. However, before Ron could begin again, someone tapped him on the shoulder. Harry turned around.

"Malfoy?" he said, a bit surprised to see that Malfoy could actually get within three feet of the Gryffindor table without becoming ill. "What do you want?"

It was obvious from the look on Malfoy's face that something was very, very wrong. He looked a bit ill and kept rocking back and forth nervously. For a moment he hesitated, apparently reluctant to give Harry an answer. Finally, he took a deep breath.

"Potter, let's get this straight," Malfoy began, as dignified as possible. "I hate you. You hate me. That little...thing you sent me? It never happened."

Harry stared at him blankly.

"Normally I'd love to tell the whole school that you're..." He paused, searching for a word. "That your door swings both ways, but since my name would get thrown into it, I'll cut you a break."

Harry blinked.

"It's not going to work out."

Harry blinked again.

"Well, aren't you going to say something?"

"Malfoy," Harry said. "I haven't a clue what you're talking about."

"Oh come off it, I know the love note was from you!"

Ron snapped his head around to look at them. "Wait a minute," he said. "Harry...you sent Malfoy a love note?"

Harry's eyes bulged "What? NO!"

"My sister's boyfriend is...is..."

Hermione rolled her eyes and left the table, unwilling to hear the rest of this conversation. Things were going to get ugly. Well...uglier.




Even after Harry spent an hour trying to convince Ron that he had no feelings for Malfoy, Ron was still suspicious. It was his job to be suspicious, he thought to himself, in order to protect his sister. Still scowling he burst into his dorm, thinking up various ways to torture Harry if he upset Ginny in any way. However, his thoughts were interrupted when he noticed a note on his pillow.

Hermione, I've always thought of you as more than just a friend. You are so much more...

Hermione?
Why would someone put a love note to Hermione on his bed? Maybe someone in his dorm had written it and dropped it...but how could they have dropped it right on top of his pillow? It definitely looked as if it had been placed there intentionally. It wasn't as if whoever had written it could've gotten the wrong room. Only an idiot would leave a note for a girl in the boys dormitories. Maybe whoever it was wanted Ron to deliver the note to her...

Of course he wouldn't...not that he cared or anything. What was it to him if someone else liked Hermione? Curious, Ron began to study the handwriting that the note was written it, hoping he would be able to determine who it came from. However, the more he looked at it, the more he realized that the handwriting looked like his own.

Suddenly the door opened. Ron immediately stuffed the note back into his pocket.

"Hello Harry," he said awkwardly. "How're you?"

"I'm fine," Harry replied slowly. "Is something wrong? Are you going to have to feed me to the giant squid?"

"N-no," he stammered. "I think I'll be going now."

As Ron stumbled uneasily out of the room, a grin spread across Harry's face. He had gotten his note from "Hermione." Their plan was working perfectly.




Ron, I've always thought of you as more than just a friend. You are so much more...

What? This didn't make any sense, Hermione thought to herself as she re-read the note once more. She had found it sitting on her pillow, obviously placed there intentionally. But...why was it addressed to Ron? And why did the handwriting look so much like hers?

Maybe Ron could give her some answers.

As she gingerly put the note in her pocket, Hermione walked out of her dorm and down the stairs. When entered into the common room she immediately located Ron sitting in an armchair and staring out into space, looking a bit frazzled. Slowly, and a bit nervously as well, she moved over to him.

"Hey," she said.

"Hello."

"Something a bit odd just happened," she explained to him, deciding to get right to the point. "I found this on my pillow."

She reached into her pocket, pulled out the note, and handed it to him.

"That's weird," he replied, reaching into his pocket as well. "I got one too."

He handed her the one he had recieved.

"Do you know who sent it?" she asked curiously.

"No idea."

"Well it seems like the same person did this," she went on, "because they both say the same thing but with a different name."

"But why would someone want to send me a note addressed to you?" Ron wondered. "That doesn't make any sense."

"I know," she agreed. "I have a feeling something's going on."

Brushing her hair behind her shoulders, Hermione began to piece things together. Someone had written two notes, one for her and one for Ron. Maybe...maybe the person wanted her to send the note to Ron. But the same person wouldn't want Ron to send a note to her...Or possibly, the person had wanted to send her a note and make her think it was from Ron...

Hermione heard the portrait hole swing open.

"...definitely get them together..." she heard Harry's voice say.

"They've probably already found them," Ginny's voice replied.

Both voices stopped.

"Oh, hello Hermione," Ginny squeaked. "How're you?"

"Wonderful," she replied with a smile. Suddenly everything seemed so clear to her.




"So you think," Ron said to Hermione after the others had left the common room, "that my sister and Harry were trying to get us together?"

"I think so," she replied. "I think that they wanted to send you a note and make you think it was from me, and send me a note and make me think it was from you. They must've mixed up the notes."

"I see now," Ron said with a nod. He would've never thought of that.

"It all makes sense when you think about it."

It did, he agreed. Harry was always telling him to "confess his love to Hermione" and Ginny was always complaining that "if he didn't tell her eventually, he'd go mad." Not that he was saying he did like her or anything...

"I say we have a little fun with this," Hermione suggested, gazing into the fire. "They probably think that we both got the right notes. I think I have an idea."

"What?"

She turned her head to look at him, only to find her face dangerously close to his. Soon they were closer...and closer...




A/N: What is this plan? You'll just have to wait and see! Of course, as always, please review and check out my other stories if you haven't already. Also I have banners for some of my stories up on my author page, in case you'd like to see them. Thanks for reading!
Bagels by Hermiones_Revenge
A/N: You've read all the way up to chapter seven? I'm both shocked and impressed...




Hermione crossed the common room and took a seat next to Ron on a squashy maroon couch.

"Ronald, do you remember the plan?" she asked him, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Huh?"

Hermione shook her head. "The plan for this afternoon!"

"Oh right, that one, of course," he replied. "I know what I'm supposed to do!"

"Good," Hermione said with a devious grin. "Can you imagine the looks on their faces?"

Ron laughed. "I know! They're probably all happy with themselves, thinking their notes brought us together..."

"Well they did, didn't they?"




Harry woke up abruptly and, much to his horror, discovered that he had slept through about an hour of potions class. Or at least it felt like an hour, he thought to himself as he checked his watch (apparently he had only been asleep for five minutes.) Why did time always move slower when Snape was around? Harry pondered this while he moved his eyes back to the greasy potions teacher in the front of the room.

"Now," Snape was saying, "I will separate you into teams of two. If either partner does anything incorrectly, both partners will be penalized. You will not complain about the partner I choose for you.”

Harry sighed. Obviously Snape was going to pair him with someone he hated. Snape would never miss an opportunity to make Harry miserable. Gazing wistfully up at the ceiling he wished that somehow, time would speed up so he could get this over with. Naturally, time slowed down even more.

“Mister Longbottom,” he began. “You will work with Mister Goyle. Go.”

Grimacing, Neville looked over at Goyle who was presently folding his parchment into an origami flamingo. Goyle was rather good at it, actually, but Neville doubted he possessed any skill in potions.

“Mister Potter,” Snape went on, brushing some of his greasy hair out of his face. “You will be working with Mister Malfoy.”

“NO PROFESSOR!”

Immediately the entire class turned to face Malfoy, who had risen out of his seat.

“Mister Malfoy, is there something wrong?” Snape said.

“Yes Professor,” Malfoy began uneasily. “I…I can’t work with Potter.”

“Why not?”

“Because…things would be uncomfortable.”

“Why?”

“Because Potter’s not…” Draco paused, searching for an appropriate word. “Potter’s not the straightest road on the map.”

Snape’s eyebrows went up, making his nose appear even more elongated. “What exactly is that supposed to mean?”

“He…he swings both ways, if you know what I mean,” Draco stammered.

“No, actually, I don’t.”

“Oh for Merlin’s sake, THE BOY’S A PANSY!”

It was things like this that made Harry wish he could apparate.




Ginny smiled to herself as she walked with Harry, Lavender, and Neville into the Gryffindor common room. She had just done a very good thing, a noble thing if you will. Ron and Hermione would’ve never been able to get together on their own because of the stubbornness that characterized each of them. Without her, she thought to herself, both of them would be miserable.

At first everything seemed completely normal. A small fire was blazing in the fireplace as heavy rain fell outside the window. A group of first years were playing chess in the center of the room and at the far end, two seventh year boys were attempting to transfigure a particularly ugly photograph into a porcupine. And then Ginny’s eyes fell upon Ron and Hermione, talking quietly in the corner.

It did not take Ginny very long to realize that Ron and Hermione’s conversation was not a pleasant one. Ron seemed to be pleading to her while Hermione listened with her arms crossed. They were arguing, but Ginny wasn’t sure why.

She didn’t have to wonder for long. Soon, Ron and Hermione’s argument became loud.

“I can’t believe you’d lie to me!” Hermione bellowed. “I trusted you Ronald!”

“I never lied to you, you’re mad!” Ron snapped in response. “You’re just making up an excuse to get angry at me!”

“Oh sure, lie some more why don’t you?” Hermione laughed. “You are so insensitive!”

Insensitive? Me? Ha!” Ron retorted. “You’re just looking for a reason to fight!”

“Why would I want to fight with you?”

“I don’t know, you’re the mental one!”

Ginny’s heart sank. She was no genius, but it was clear to her that Ron and Hermione were not passionately in love.

“What happened?” she asked Hermione, after she stormed away from Ron.

“Ron’s trying to pull some sort of prank on me,” she replied. “First he sent me a love note, but when I asked him about it, he denied ever sending it! Then he accused me of sending a note to him!”

“Well that’s no reason to argue!” Ginny exclaimed.

“That’s just what started the argument!” Hermione explained. “After that we started arguing about plenty of other things!”

Ginny clasped her hand over her mouth. She was trying to get them together…but now had succeeded in tearing them apart. This was not what she had intended to do. She needed to fix this.

“C’mon Hermione,” she pleaded. “Ron’s an idiot, you know that!”

“Yes I do, and that is exactly the reason why I am not speaking to him!”

“But ““

“I don’t want to talk about it!”

And with that, Hermione stormed angrily out of the room, her arms crossed and her nose in the air. Immediately Ginny rushed over to her brother, hoping that she would have better luck with him.

“Ron, this whole thing is stupid,” Ginny said to him.

“I know,” he replied. “It’s incredibly stupid.”

“I mean, who cares who sent those notes?”

“Well, it’s not really the notes that we were fighting about,” he explained to her, running his hands through his hair. “The note thing just started it!”

“Well what was it that you were arguing about?”

“Bagels.”

Ginny blinked. Bagels? Certainly he couldn’t have said bagels. Not even her stupid brother would be stupid enough to jeopardize his friendship with Hermione over bagels.

“What was that again?” Ginny said.

“Bagels,” Ron repeated. “Obviously butter is the best thing to put on a bagel, but crazy old Hermione seems to think that cream cheese is better! Ha! That is so like her.”

“This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.”

“Exactly,” Ron agreed. “And THAT is why I am no longer speaking to Hermione.”

And with that he stormed out of the common room.




Ron met up with Hermione in the library right after their “argument” in the common room. Both were grinning widely.

“Do you think they bought it?” Hermione asked him hopefully.

“I think so,” Ron replied. “Ginny seemed a bit skeptical at first when I told her we were arguing over bagels, but in the end I think we convinced her that we hate each other.”

“When do you think we should tell them we were pretending?” Hermione inquired, putting her hand on Ron’s arm.

“Hmm…” Ron thought, taking Hermione’s other hand. “I say we let Ginny go crazy for about another hour or so, and then tell her that we made the whole thing up.”

“We’re so evil,” Hermione said as Ron pulled her in closer.

Very evil…”




A/N: And there you go, chapter…what is it again, I lost count…six? No it’s seven isn’t it. ANYHOO! Please review because I feed off of reviews and if I do not get my daily required amount of them, I begin to think I am Napoleon and talk incessantly to my peers about my plots for conquering Europe. And no one wants that. And remember: my author page “ banners “ stories “ there you go.
I can see clearly now (sort of) by Hermiones_Revenge
A/N: Sorry for the long delay “ things got hectic and, to top it all off, I had a severe case of writer’s block. I probably should’ve said something sooner, but this is my last chapter for this story. Please don’t complain…I mean, everything’s resolved, and if I allowed this to go on any longer, my mind might explode from all the confusion! It really should’ve ended in the previous chapter, but I added that little “fake argument” bit at the end to spice things up.

And I thought I should tell you all that finally, in this last chapter, I managed to completely confuse myself and had to re-read my previous chapters to figure out what was going on.




Ginny paced nervously back and forth in the common room. She had ruined Hermione and Ron’s relationship…and she was determined to fix it. Maybe, she thought silently to herself, she shouldn’t have tried to meddle with their lives in the first place. Maybe she should’ve left things to happen on their own. But there was no way she could go back and change anything, so she would have to try and find a solution for the problem at hand.

But what if, for some reason, they never spoke to each other again? What if finally, they decided that they argued too much and had to break off their friendship now before things got worse? It would be all her fault, just because she tried to hurry up their relationship! She would never be able to forgive herself…and if they found out, they’d never be able to forgive her either.

“Are you sure they’re not speaking to each other?” Harry asked her again.

“Yes!” she snapped. “They got into another stupid argument! And it’s all my fault.”

“Yeah, I guess it is isn’t it.”

Ginny shot him a look.

“I mean…no, it’s not your fault! What’re you talking about? You were trying to do a good thing!”

Ginny crossed her arms. “That’s better.”

She needed an idea, a plan. Despite the fact that her previous plan had ruined a friendship, she felt that another plan could fix it. Hoping to find something that might be of some inspiration to her, she looked around the common room. Crookshanks was pulling apart one of Ron’s socks by the fire (he would be thrilled) and in a squashy armchair, a first year boy was attempting to transfigure his watch into a goblet (with little success). Colin Creevy was arguing with a girl she didn’t recognize over a tattered old potions text book (though she wasn’t sure why). By the window, two third year girls were whispering secretively. The sock…the goblet…the textbook…

“I think I have an idea,” Ginny declared.

“Really?” Harry said eagerly.

“Wait…no, I forgot it.”

“Good job,” Harry muttered.

She shot him another dangerous look. “If you’re so clever, why don’t you think of something?”

Suddenly, the portrait hole swung open and none other than Ron and Hermione entered the common room. Both wore rather smug expressions as they slowly approached Harry and Ginny. Immediately Ginny stood up and began to march towards them, completely oblivious to the fact that they seemed to be getting along.

“Ginny,” Hermione began.

“All right, you are going to listen to me now,” Ginny interrupted her.

“Wait we need to…”

Don’t go telling me that you two have sorted everything out,” Ginny went on, “because I know you two and I know you haven’t! You argue about the stupidest things! But that’s not what I need to talk to you about!”

“Gin wait…”

“First of all, I think it’s time for me to confess that I’m the one who sent the notes,” she explained. “I know, I know, you thought they were from each other…but it was me. Well, not only me…Harry, Lavender, and Neville helped me out, so this is their fault too!”

“Ginny we already…”

I’m not finished yet!” she snapped, sounding frighteningly like her mother. “So because we’re the ones who sent the notes, you two have absolutely no reason to be angry at each other! Then again…you really don’t have any reason to be angry at me either. I mean, you two are meant to be together! I know it, Harry knows it, this entire school knows it…so why won’t you two just get together already!”

Ron turned to Hermione. “All right then.”

“Sure,” she replied casually.

For a moment, Ginny stared. “What do you mean ‘all right then’?”

“I meant, all right then, we’ll get together already,” he replied matter-of-factly.

“I thought that would’ve been obvious,” Hermione added.

Ginny stared again. “Am I missing something here?”

Finally, Hermione broke down into laughter. “We tried to tell you,” she spit out between giggles, “but you just…went off!”

“You tried to tell me what?”

“Ginny, we had a funny feeling it was one of you guys who sent those notes,” Ron told her. “When I found a strange piece of parchment sitting on my bed that read, ‘Hermione, I've always thought of you as more than just a friend,’ I figured something was wrong.”

“Same here,” Hermione added. “Well…mine was addressed to Ron.”

Ginny stopped. For a moment she was confused…until she realized what must’ve happened. She had accidentally reversed the notes, meaning Ron got the one intended for Hermione and vice versa. How could she have…

“Wait a minute,” she said suddenly. “You mean…you knew the notes were from me…and you still argued about them? Wait…were you arguing just to annoy me? Was that your little plan?”

Ron began to laugh. Ginny lunged at him.

“And you two were together the whole time?” she exclaimed while tackling him.

Ron laughed harder.




Later, the three newly formed couples sat and talked in the common room. Everything seemed so perfect, Hermione thought to herself. But…there were a few questions she needed answers for.

“Ron,” she said. “Were you the one who sent me that note a while back?”

Ron looked perplexed. “I never sent you a note,” he said. “I thought you sent me a note!”

“I never sent anyone a note!”

They looked at Ginny.

“Hey!” she snapped defensively. “I told you about the notes I sent! This time I’m innocent!”

“So…” Hermione said slowly. “Who sent me that first note?”

“Yeah, and same with me!”

Neville cleared his throat. “Well, I think I know what happened,” he said. “Harry sent Ginny the first note, but somehow put it in my book instead of hers. When I got it, I thought it was from Lavender, so I put one in her book…which I now think was your book, Hermione. You must’ve gotten my note and thought it was from Ron. And then, Lavender here tells me that she tried to send me a note, but I never got it, so now I think she must’ve put it on the wrong bed. Ron probably got her note instead of me, and thought it was from Hermione. Sometime around then I think Harry figured out that his note to Ginny had accidentally gone to me…I think he might’ve tried to send her another note, but Ron flooed it to the Slytherins. That must be why Malfoy thinks you fancy him!”

Everyone stared at him blankly.

“Or…something like that,” he finished weakly.



AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL

I can't believe it...things are actually...good! I'm not sure what to do with myself now! I mean, I used to complain about Ron, worry about Ron, think about Ron...and now I'm dating Ron? Is this what I've waited for for so long?

YES!

I think I'm going to like this.

REASONS WHY I AM HAPPY RIGHT NOW

1.) I'm going out with Ron. Really. Seriously.

2.) I'm not hungry!

3.) Ginny and Harry are finally going out too, so I don't have to listen to her whine about him, and I don't have to listen to him ramble about her!

4.) I'm going out with Ron. Wow, I really like the sound of that. I'm his girlfriend! Not his friend who happens to be a girl...

5.) I finished all my homework

6.) My Potions essay actually sounds good and there's no way Snape'll be able to find something wrong with it!

7.) I'M GOING OUT WITH RON! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!



Another love note from Potter? Malfoy observed the piece of folded parchment that he had just discovered in his potions book. This was getting out of hand...he thought he had taken care of Potter earlier. Unlike the previous one, this one was rather straightforward. Draco. You’re hot. Go out with me. Apparently, Potter was getting desperate. This was a command, not a request.

“What’s that?” Goyle inquired.

“Just another…I mean, nothing,” Draco replied, shoving the parchment into his pocket. No need to remind everyone that there was another boy out there who fancied him. Immediately he tried to mess up his hair and slouched a bit in a vain attempt to appear more masculine.

“So, uh, what’re we going to do today?” Crabbe asked.

“I don’t know yet,” Draco replied impatiently.

Goyle pulled a notebook out of his pocket. "It says here that you're scheduled to beat up some first years behind the greenhouses today at three."

Malfoy checked his watch. "Ooh, we'd better get going then! Don't want to be late."

He headed for the portrait hole, but before he could leave, he felt a rather large hand clasp his shoulder. Someone…or something, it felt like…was lurking behind him. Slowly, as not to startle it, he turned around.

Millicent Bulstrode.

“So Malfoy, didya get my note?”

He whimpered.



A/N: YES, this is the end! Sorry I didn't warn you earlier. Anyway, before I get reviews complaining, I'd like to inform any of you who don't already know that I have 5 other stories up on this site! Check out some of my already completed ones (and still review!) or get into my other stories that are still in progress! Thanks for actually reading this.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=12002