Happily Never After by Little_Duckie223
Summary: What happens when you send two enemies to a fairytale land with not so happily ever afters, where they can't come back without learning some mystery leason, and completing some very daunting tasks? Will the two enemies learn to work together to get home? Or will they be stuck in this land forever? And what will happen to their hate/hate relationship? Will it break down, or will they hate one another more?
Categories: Draco/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 2186 Read: 3882 Published: 02/18/05 Updated: 03/27/06

1. Chapter 1 by Little_Duckie223

2. Learning the Task by Little_Duckie223

Chapter 1 by Little_Duckie223
Ginny Weasley sat in an empty room on a large, cushy chair, twirling a short lock of her red hair between her fingers as her eyes ran diligently along the lines of her 5th year potions book. She had gotten through the chapter Snape had assigned and was now reading ahead, just in case. She knew she should be in her common room, but it was just too noisy there, she could never concentrate. She had run across this empty room sometime during her second year.

The room was decorated with an old lounger, two cushy chairs, a small desk and a body-length mirror over in the corner. There were no paintings in the room, and when she had first found it, the furniture had been covered in ghostly white sheets to keep dust from collecting on them. She had cleaned up the place and it was now homey. The fire sent shadows along the deep violet furniture and the deep violet walls that gave off a cozy air. The lamp that she had enchanted provided enough light to for her to read her book. She wrapped the maroon blanket around her tighter against the slight chill of the room.

*


As Draco was making his rounds, he noticed a light coming from the crack of a door down the end of an abandoned corridor. He thought excitedly about finding a snogging Gryffindor couple from whom he could deduct points. He knew very well this corridor was abandoned and Dumbledore had requested they not go down it. But obviously some couple had gone against Dumbledore's wishes, as usual. He walked smugly to the door and opened it quietly. He looked in to see the Weaselette curled up in a chair, looking quite comfy, reading a tattered text book in her lap.

Ginny looked up from the book in her lap hoping to see a friendly face, but much to her dismay, she saw the smug, pale face of Draco Malfoy. "What is it you want, ferret," she asked angrily.

"You, Weaselette, are forbidden to come down here, you know that." His silver eyes, glistening in the amber and yellow fire light. The light sent a warm glow on his pale skin, and made him look more approachable. But Ginny knew that was just a trick of the light. She shook herself mentally to make herself think straight.

"And what, may I ask, are you intending on doing about it?"

"I am a Prefect you know," he said smugly showing his gold badge as it gleamed against the mixture of fire light, and lamp light.

"And your point is?" She asked, her green eyes looking rebellious.

"I will take points from Gryffindor," he said smugly, his pale lips forming a famous Malfoy smirk.

"Is that all the mighty ferret can do? Oh my, what will I do? Big bad ferret is going to take house points," Ginny mocked , mirroring his smug look.

"Shut it, Weaselette," Draco said angrily, trying desperately to keep his cool, collected composure.

"Why don't you make me, Malfoy? Or are you scared a Weasley might actually beat you," she asked as she sat the potions book on a renaissance style end table. stood, dropping the blanket back onto the chair.

"Of course, I am not afraid of you, you low-class, poor, dirt grubbing weasel," Draco said trying to find words to hurt her.

Ginny only looked impassive at the words. It was nothing new to her, she was used to this. And she had grown to take it like a man, so to speak.

"Prove it," Ginny said coolly.

Draco went for his wand, but before he could pull it from his pocket, Ginny had called it to her. It was now sitting in her open palm. As he lunged at her to take his wand back, she stepped aside and he fell onto his face.

"Never thought I would see the day that Draco Malfoy would kiss my feet," Ginny said smugly, looking down on him.

"Shut it, weasel," Draco said, standing gracefully and whipping off his spotless robes. "You better have enjoyed that; it's the only time anyone will be below you."

Ginny looked at him superiorly. Just before he could attack her again something glowing in the corner caught her eye. She focused her tired eyes on it. "The mirror," she whispered and took a step closer.

Draco looked curiously at the glowing mirror from a distance, a bit wary of magic that he had only heard of in fairytales, and magic mirrors was one such magic.

As Ginny stepped closer she realized her reflection was not shown back to her. Her eyes widened in curiosity. She saw a forest with lush trees and soft, brown earth. Then she looked up the cut path and saw a little cottage with grey smoke billowing from the chimney. The little dirt path was lined with rose bushes, but the rose bushes were of all different colors. There were even colors she never thought existed. There were little balls of light that resembled fire flies that were all different colors, too. A red one came close to the mirror, and Ginny saw the small figure of a fairy with red wings and the little green outfit and hat. She reached out to touch the mirror, expecting her fingers to hit the cool surface of the mirror, but they didn't; instead, they plunged into a wet, cold substance. She quickly jerked her hand back and looked at it as if it were a foreign object. Then she shrugged her shoulders, deciding she didn't have much to lose, at least she would escape Malfoy.

She stepped cautiously into the cool substance, and felt a nauseating pull in her stomach. When she turned around, she saw the room she had been in through a rippling piece of air. Draco was standing there dumbfounded. Ginny turned and looked at the cottage again. She felt the soft earth beneath her heels and the bright sun beating down on her through the thick canopy of the trees.

Draco shook his head, deciding it was best to leave the Weasel alone. He would not mess with fairytale magic, it was too unpredictable. He reached for his wand but found it not there. Then it struck him, Weaselette still had it. He groaned, the only way to get it back would be to go after her. He stepped cautiously towards the mirror, but before he could even step into the mirror it sucked him in, and he felt a nauseating jerk in his stomach. When he landed on the soft earth beside Weasel, he frowned. "Give me back my wand," he demanded but she was gaping at something behind him. "What in the world are you gaping at?" he whipped around and saw that the rippling air and the room was gone. "No, we're not stuck, are we?"

Ginny nodded solemnly. "Yeah," was all she could manage.

"No," Draco shouted. His face immediately lost its emotionless mask, and panic over-rode it. "We can't be stuck here! No I have too much ahead of me to be stuck here with a weasel! Where are we, anyway?!"

"The land of happily ever after," a melodious voice said from behind them.
Learning the Task by Little_Duckie223
They both whipped around to see the speaker and saw Snow White? Well she looked like everyone would expect Snow White to look. She had ebony hair, pale skin, and crimson lips. Her high cheek bones were tinged with a faint blush, and she was wearing a dress that was a pale pink that matched the faint color on her cheeks. Her bright blue eyes flashed sadly.

"Why are we here?" Draco demanded. His sleek blonde hair shimmering in the setting sunlight, his grey eyes sparkling speculatively under furrowed brows.

"To learn a lesson," Her tone seemed to suggest she was talking to a small child when she looked down at Draco. Her dress had now changed to a pastel blue that matched her eyes. With every step she took down the path her dress shimmered different colors as she paced elegantly down the path.

"And what lesson would that be?" Draco demanded looking angry at her. Weaslette glared at Draco and curtsied in front of Snow White. Draco looked at Weaslette with disgust. Her short red hair falling over her forest green eyes.

"Do not speak to me in such a tone," Snow White said patiently as if she were talking to a moron.

"Please ma'm ignore him, what is this lesson we need to learn?” Ginny asked respectfully.

"That I cannot tell you dear," Snow White said smiling at Ginny.

"And why not?" Draco asked smartly, he did not like the tone this woman was using with him. She was speaking to him as if her were some remedial child. Then she looked to be praising Weaslette as if she were that genius Granger.

"Because if she tells us we won't learn it," Ginny said wisely.

"Very good Miss Virginia," Snow White cooed lightly. Draco growled under his breath what was with this Snow White creature? She acted like Weaslette was a bloody Genius. "Now I will give you a task that you must complete to get out of this world," Snow White said looking at Ginny as if she were the only one who would understand. "But first let me show you where you will be staying tonight," Snow White said turning gracefully. "Follow me," Ginny nodded and followed along. Draco followed grudgingly behind. The small wooden cottage was much bigger on the inside then it looked to be on the outside. There was a cozy living room, a very large kitchen, and a large dinning room downstairs. In the upstairs there was ten cozy little rooms. Seven with very small beds, and the other three with large king size beds. "You two will stay in this cottage until the morning when you will set out on your journey," She said and showed them to their rooms. "You hav bags, and extra clothes that you can take along in your rooms dinner is in an hour."

Ginny went into her room, it was painted a warm maroon. The bedspread was a light maroon down cover, with big fluffy pillows. There was a large mahogany wardrobe against the wall, a body length mirror in a corner, two mahogany night stands on either side of her bed, and a little wash stand by a large bay window that looked over the forest. She walked over to the wash table and took some cool water into her dusty palms. She rinsed her hands, and then splashed some of the water on her face. She grabbed the pink cloth on the side of the vanity and dabbed her face lightly with it. Feeling refreshed she sighed happily. Then she heard her door fly open she wiped around to see Malfoy standing in the door. "What do you want Ferret?" Ginny asked snidely.

"This is all your fault Weasel," He shouted angrily his temper flailing.

"How so?" She said calmly.

"Because had you not stolen my wand I would not have followed you in here!"

"Oh get over yourself Ferret, you did not have to come and intrude upon my sanctuary, and had you not neither of us would be here," Draco turned bright red, and was at a sudden loss of words. But instead of standing there looking like an idiot he stormed off. Ginny went down to dinner after a short nap. Snow White smiled at her, and sat at the head of the table.

Draco came stomping down to the dinning room a couple minutes later. He sat as far from Ginny as he could and glared at the two women at the table. Food appeared on the table and the three ate in silence.

"You two will have to give me your wands," Snow white said calmly.

"What?" Draco shouted incredulously.

"You are not allowed to use magic on this task,” She said. Ginny nodded and pulled hers and Draco's wands out of her pocket.

"Don't you dare give her my wand Weasel," Draco said angrily. Ginny only sneered and handed Snow White the wands. "You prat!"

"Now, now Mr. Malfoy there is no need for such language," Snow White said calmly. "You two will have these returned to you before you leave, I promise."

"What is our task?" Ginny asked calmly as she pushed her mashed potatoes around with her fork.

"The mirror you came through has been broken into nine pieces, and has been scattered throughout the nine kingdoms of this land. You are to find the pieces, and then once you have them all return here and try to find a way to put the mirror back together. Then you may leave through the mirror," Snow White said coolly. Ginny only nodded, and Draco looked absolutely dumbfounded.

"Excuse me," Ginny said and went up to bed. Draco followed suit in short time.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=14608