Train of Thought by secret keeper08
Summary: Ron's dream leads to hidden feelings that he never thought existed.
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 871 Read: 1808 Published: 02/21/05 Updated: 02/21/05

1. Dreamland by secret keeper08

Dreamland by secret keeper08
On a cool night in November Hermione Granger was leaning against the roots of a cherry tree on hills surrounding Hogwarts pondering her deepest thoughts and gazing at the starlit sky. It was on that night that a fog engulfed the very tips of Hogwarts castle and swept across the countryside taking all who inhabit it in to a sort of dreamland. A faraway place where desires are set free and thoughts not even known by the mind are all ready known by the heart. She thought of Ronald Weasley, for in these past couple days he was entrapped in her mind and wouldn’t go away. But the question to her was still why. Why where these new feelings of Ron coming out now?

Hermione Granger was never one to act on instinct. She first needed to read into it and straighten out her thoughts before diving into anything not based on the facts. Though many times throughout her short lifetime she wished she was spontaneous and free, just the way Ron was, so unexpected. There he was again in her thoughts, following her around like a shadow cast down from the heavens. She sat up afraid of feeling that would come if she thought of him to long, the November air blew through her brown, bushy hair. But the feeling did come like someone had punched her right in the stomach and with even minding punched her again and again until she took off running to castle with tears in her eyes. She had seen them kiss the night of the feast, with them not knowing of her presence, she had seen it all and felt it all. Ronald Weasley thought of Hermione as nothing but a friend but for that one night she wished she was his dreams as he quietly slept in his bed at Hogwarts, she wished for one night he could feel the pain she felt. To be in love with only but a vision of someone to hold you tight.

The distraught teen quietly crept up to the Gryffindor common room to get some rest before exams the following afternoon. She was tossing and turning not knowing of the dream that she was unwillingly taking part in or the one wish she never thought possible that came true. For as Ron’s dream went on his sleep became deeper and deeper and the deeper his dream got the more he realized that he wanted to be more than just friends with Hermione. Even if it was his last wish on earth.

Voldemort grabbed Ron by his blood wrenched collar and threw him against the brick wall making the corners crumble. Voldemort reached into his side pocket and pulled out wand and pointed it directly at Ron’s heart.

“One wish is all that I will grant you.” He smirked. “One wish.”

“I wish…” said Ron before being cut off.

“Louder Weasley I can’t hear you!” said Voldemort as he tightened his grip.

“I wish…” said Ron repeating himself. “that Hermione knew I love her.” he yelled “I love her!”

Ron awoke drenched in sweat but even though the dream itself seemed bad the reality behind it was worse. He knew Hermione only as a friend and it had been Luna that he kissed the night of the feast. Though still thinking over what occurred in his dream he got dressed in the deserted dormitory and headed down to breakfast in the Great Hall. Breakfast had already began when Ron arrived so he sat down at the Gryffindor table and joined in the conversation between Harry and Sheamus about dragons in East Asia. When breakfast ended Hermione was nowhere to be found.

“Harry, have you seen Hermione this morning?” asked Ron.

“She said that she was going to the library to catch up on some last minute studying for the exams.” Replied Harry.

“For what class because we don’t have any exams today?” asked Ron.

“I’m not sure maybe you should go ask her yourself.” Said Harry.

When he found Hermione in the library near the restricted section his heart began to race and the closer he got the faster it went. But he was relieved that Hermione smiled when she saw him coming towards her.

“Hi Hermione.” Said Ron.

“Hello Ronald” she responded.

“What exam are you studying for?” asked Ron. “I thought we didn’t have any until Wednesday.”

“Ancient Runes.” She said.

“Ancient Runes? Are you serious?” joked Ron.

“There’s nothing wrong with Ancient Runes.” She spat and lightly punched Ron on his arm as Luna walked up beside them.

“Come with me Ron I have something to show you” Luna giggled as she grabbed Ron’s hand leaving Hermione’s once joyful expression a gloomy frown.

Ron noticed the change in Hermione just as Luna led him out into the corridor to show him her new broomstick that her dad bought her for her sixteenth birthday. But all the while
“What do you think you are doing?” demanded Ron.

“Spending time with my boyfriend!” She yelled.

“I’m not your bloody boyfriend!” responded Ron as he stormed back into the library to find Hermione already gone.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=14851