The Unknown Outcome. by no it all
Summary: This is the final battle, where Voldimort is destroied once and for all. But how this comes about is a mystery to most. Its just Harry, Dumbledore and Voldimort in a odd room in the department of mysteries at the ministry. Voldemort has his wand pointed at Dumbledore. Harry screams "NNNOOOOO!!!" and just before the fatel cures takes Dumbledore's life, him and harry switch bodies.
Categories: Hermione/Other Character Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 977 Read: 1477 Published: 02/21/05 Updated: 02/21/05

1. Proluge;as long as I love by no it all

Proluge;as long as I love by no it all
Disclaimer; I do not own Harry Potter. Most of the characters and places are JKR's. The plot, however is my own.

Note to Readers; This is my first time posting on this site. Please review. E-mail me if you have any questions, I scarcely get any e-mails and am on almost daily.

Prologue; as long as I love
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where are we sir?" asked Harry Potter.
" I don't know Harry," responded Professor Dumbledore.
They were in a strange dark room that had a slight reddish glow. Harry had been talking to the Headmaster at number 12, Grimmauld Place when there had been a strange pain with his scar. It was bursting, searing, like all the other times. But it also seamed almost like a porkety. Harry had done the only thing he could think of, grab Dumbledore.
"Lumos" said the two in sync.
"What happened Harry?"
"We were talking. My scar started hurting real bad. It felt almost like a porkety, so I grabbed you. Now it really hurts."
"That must mean..."
"I'm here," said a cold, high pitched voice full of malice as another wand lit up 50 feet away.
'Voldemort! Oh Fudge Owls. Find out where you are. He always plays with you a bit before trying to kill you. Use that time to your advantage.' said the Hermione like part of Harry's consciousness while he was thinking.
"And where exactly is here?" Harry asked the man in the shadows.
" I dunno. Somewhere at the ministry of magic that's door is locked. The perfect battleground though. Lets just say where one of us shall meet our doom."
'a locked door' Harry thought. Then a memory replayed itself in his head
""There is a room in the Department of Mysteries," interrupted Dumbledore, "that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intelligence, than forces of nature...It is a power held within that room that you possess in such quantities and which Voldemort has not at all...because he could not bear to reside in a body so full of the force he detests... It was your heart that saved you.""
Then another memory from the same night.
""But I knew too where Voldemort was weak... You would be protected by an ancient magic of which he knows, which he despises, and which he has always, therefore, underestimated -to his cost...of the fact that your mother died to save you. She gave you a lingering protection he never expected, a protection that flows in your veins to this very day.""
Then a memory of his first year.
""Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves it's own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign...to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin.""
Then a memory of going to church with the Dursleys
"These three remain, Faith, Hope, and Love. But the greatest is Love."
Then he remembered how happy he was reading letters that Hermione had signed ""Love from Hermione""
'That’s gota be it, Love! The greatest power on earth. I have loved so many, so hard, so much, so long that some days I wish I didn't. To love is human nature, and some days I love so much that I wish I wasn't human, that I wish I couldn't care. I wanted out. To love is to risk losing something you care about. Even Dumbledore practically said it, to feel pain is part of being human. And I've felt so much love and pain that it would break most people. In this room I have the upper hand as long as I love.'
"I understand."
"Good job Harry, you know what you have to do," said Dumbledore.
"Shut up, old man." said Voldemort, "Infact, Advida Kadvera!!!"
Harry felt like he was going to burst with the love he felt for Dumbledore. He loved him more than he loved Lupin, more than he loved Ron, more than he loved Sirius, even more than he loved Hermione. Dumbledore was not going to die!
"NNNOOOO!!!" Harry screamed. The green ray of light hit Dumbledore's chest. It also killed Voldemort.
___________________________________________________
'I should be dead,' thought Dumbledore. 'Why dose it feel like I'm still alive? What happened? Where is Harry?'
Dumbledore ran his fingers through his hair.
'Why is my hair short and messed up?'
He conjured a mirror with his wand and looked into it.
Harry was looking out.
'I'm in Harry's body. If I'm here, than where is he?'
Dumbledore knelt down next to his own body, which was already taking on a blue color and understanding dawned upon him. Harry defeated Voldemort and at the same time saved his, Dumbledore's, life. The power in this room is that of love. Any act of unselfish love in it would be eternally binding. Voldemort was dead and probably on his way to hell, Harry would already be in heaven, and Dumbledore would be finishing the natural lifetime of a 17-year-old boy.
'Great, after all that I've been through I'm probably going to live another hundred years! And people wont believe me if I tell them who I really am. The only ones I can trust are Minerva and Hermione. And I have to get out of here!' Dumbledore thought desperately.
"Portus" Dumbledore said, conjuring a porkety. He took it back to the study of the Order. Hermione Granger was there waiting for him, Harry.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=14865