303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney
Summary: After an exciting night, Lily returns to the Heads Dorm for a night of remembrance. There is an important note for all my readers in my Author's Page!!

James laughed heartily. "Oh Lils..."



Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 13013 Read: 50839 Published: 02/26/05 Updated: 01/01/06

1. Chapter 1 ~ 303 Lilies by CassandraTrelawney

2. Chapter 2 ~ The Memories Continue by CassandraTrelawney

3. Chapter 3 ~ Undying Love... by CassandraTrelawney

4. Chapter 4 ~ Memories Unforgotten by CassandraTrelawney

5. Chapter 5 ~ Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words by CassandraTrelawney

6. Chapter 6 ~ And I Have Said, No! by CassandraTrelawney

7. Chapter 7 ~ I Love That James Potter by CassandraTrelawney

8. Chapter 8 ~ Angelic Beauty by CassandraTrelawney

9. Chapter 9 ~ A Marauder For A Lady by CassandraTrelawney

10. Chapter 10 ~ Pain and Passion Part I by CassandraTrelawney

11. Chapter 11 ~ Pain and Passion Part II by CassandraTrelawney

Chapter 1 ~ 303 Lilies by CassandraTrelawney
Chapter 1 ~ 303 lilies


Lily Evans walked into the Head’s Dorm feeling gay and exhilarated. She was drunk on love and nothing could make her sober again. She closed her eyes and twirled in the happiness that she had just endured. It was June 30th, her last day at Hogwarts and the most wonderful event had just happened to her.

She twirled around and let the memory overcome her over and over again. Twirling in her head, the words, the picture, and the moment that had just taken place. It was the happiness that every girl dreamed about, and wished about. And here for her tonight, everything had been perfect.

She had remained long after hours and just sat there in the happiness. Watching the half crescent moon shining brightly in the midnight sky, the lake glistening black and the squid lazily drifting to the top and back down to the bottom.

She stopped twirling and kept her eyes closed…trying to make her world stop spinning. It slowed and she opened her eyes. She blinked twice and gasped. Everywhere in the living headquarters’ were flowers. No not just flowers…lilies. The sweet scent touched her nostrils and gently massaged them. They were everywhere in the living area, almost covering everything. On the couch, scattering the floor, the table, the mantelpiece, and in the sparkling light fixture.

James Potter always has something up his sleeve, now doesn’t he? Lily thought to herself.

There was a note on the steps leading to her Dorm. She walked over and picked it up.

My dearest Lily,
These lilies are my undying love. There may be very little but they mean more. There are 303, for the 303 days that we have been dating…and one white rose for today. I hope today was all that you ever hoped for. Sniff the lilies they are sweet and loving, just like you.

James


She set down the card. She walked over to one of the lilies and picked it up. She sniffed it, and then she felt a familiar jerking feeling and was tumbled into a memory…




September 2nd

“Hey, Evans, where you headed to?” James Potter asked Lily.

“I’m going to Potions, Potter, now what do you want?” Lily asked trying to out walk James. But that was proving impossible seeing that James was taller and had longer legs.

“Well, I am headed there to so I will walk with you,” James said simply.

Lily whipped around and glared at him. “You made NEWT Potions too? How?” she asked.

“Simple, I studied,” James said, shrugging his shoulders.

Lily turned around and started to walk down a flight of steps. “Leave me alone, Potter.”

“Well, I had a question for you,” James said, catching up to her.

“The answer is no.”

“You haven’t even heard the question yet!”

“I already know it, and the answer is no.”

“So, than I guess I will tell Dumbledore that you don’t want a back-to-school dance.”

Lily whipped around again. “Excuse me?”

“Well it was your idea, not mine. I was just going to confirm with you that you wanted one. But I can always go tell Dumbledore no,” James said smirking at his cleverness.

“Your such a prick you know! All you had to do was “ forget it. Yes, a dance would be nice because of the war; some inter-house unity would be nice. Go do your little confirming and leave me alone,” Lily said, irritated she started to walk again towards the dungeons.

“Well, that can wait until lunch. I have a Potions class.”

“Fine. Just don’t pair with me this year. I am not in the mood,” Lily said huffily.

“Fine. Want to go then?” James asked.

“Go where, Potter?”

“To the dance.”

“No.”

“Aw, come on. Why not?”

“Because I said no. Do I need to make myself clearer? Fine then, Potter, you are a prick and I will not go to the back-to-school dance with you.”

“Well…”

“Well what, Potter?”

“Dumbledore thought that maybe it would be a good idea if the Heads went together.”

Lily whipped around. “You dolt! You lied! You already confirmed didn’t you! Oh, Potter, I swear! Fine, if that’s what the Headmaster wants, than fine! But I am going to find a way out of it.”

“Fine, I will meet you in our living quarters at a quarter after seven.”

Lily stood rooted to the spot. “But it begins at seven.”

“I know, I want to be fashionably late.”

“We won’t.”

“Yes, we will,” James said, and than walked around Lily and towards the dungeons whistling a happy tune.

*Later that week*

“Potter, would you please hurry up!” Lily shouted, banging on his door.

“Alright, alright I will be done in a second than you can have the loo to yourself,” James said.

“Why are guys so difficult?” Lily muttered. She heard the door shut and lock telling her that James had exited into his own room. She walked in to the bathroom where she showered, got dressed, and did her hair and make-up.

“I’m ready,” James yelled, from the living room downstairs, fifteen minutes later.

“Well I am not,” Lily shouted back. She took a glance into the mirror. “Dumbledore, why did you do this?” she asked the mirror. She took one more look sighed and than slipped on her shoes and exited the room.

“Wow, Lily, you look gorgeous.”

“Thanks, Potter. You’re not too bad looking yourself this evening,” Lily said looking at James. He had on a set of midnight blue dress robes that brought out his hazel/honey eyes. And his hair was tousled and looked damp.

“Your dress robes are pretty.”

“Thank-you,” Lily said, glancing down and straightening them self-consciously.

Lily had on emerald green robes that her mother said brought out her eyes. They went down to the floor, and were silk-like. Her hair was done elaborately in curls that fell softly down her back.

“Shall we?” James asked, with a charming smile.

Lily smiled. “Surely, but nothing funny tonight,” she said, hesitating to take his outstretched arm.

“I promise.”

“Okay than,” she said, than linked her arm with his.




Author's Note ~ Hello everyone! Ok, I hope that you like this first chapter! The chapters get funnier, more romantic, and some make you teary-eyed.

Ok, well...review and tell me what you all think about it!

Read! Review! Enjoy!
Chapter 2 ~ The Memories Continue by CassandraTrelawney
Chapter 2 ~ The Memories Continue


Lily came back to the Heads Dorm. She smiled to herself.

“Oh James, how you were such a prick!” Lily said to herself aloud.

She picked up another lily, catching on, and sniffed it. She felt the familiar jerk and she went tumbling into another memory, this one more private than the others.




“Oh come on Lily! Admit it! You know you like him!” Lily’s friend Lynn said to her.

“No, I do not,” Lily, said in protest.

“Yes you do. The way you looked at him last night at the ball! And you even went with him! Come on! You do like him,” Beth said to Lily.

“First off, Dumbledore made the Heads go together. And second off, we didn’t come to the library to talk, we came to study for the test that you three didn’t understand,” Lily said pointing at the two.

“Well, that was a lie,” Casanova said coming from behind a stack of shelves with a book in her hands.

“You guys! That’s unfair! Come on, I don’t like Potter; he’s such a prick. I mean he’s been with every girl in the school already, I am just the one he hasn’t been with yet.”

“Uh no. He hasn’t been with us three, and no he wouldn’t dare go out with a Slytherin and he hasn’t been with every girl,” Lynn said opening a chocolate frog.

“Yeah, Lynn’s right, he hasn’t been with any of us or a Slytherin,” Beth said breaking off a frog leg from Lynn’s chocolate frog.

“Oh yeah like you and Slytherins count,” Lily said rolling her eyes.

“Uh, well yeah! What are you saying we’re not important?” Beth said.

“No, but oh I don’t know what I want to say, but I do not like him! Don’t bug me about this! I don’t fancy James Potter and that’s final!”

“Say whatever you want, Lily dear, but you do,” Casanova said with a smirk.

“Nova, don’t start. We all know that you fancy Sirius Black,” Lily said desperately trying to change the subject.

“Yes, I do. And don’t change the subject, Lily. You know you do that when you don’t want to talk about something,” Casanova said keeping her smirk.

“Ok, if you all are going to be like this I am out of here,” Lily said closing the book and stepping out of the library.




Lily returned to the Heads Dorm and smiled.

“James Potter, I will personally set that cloak on fire for spying on me!” Lily said to herself aloud.

She walked over to another lily and picked it up. She looked at it. The veins running throughout the petals seeming as if they would never end and just keep on going.

“Almost like out our relationship. It will never end,” Lily said to herself.

She sniffed the lily to her nose and sniffed deeply and smelling the sweet pollen scent and went tumbling into yet another memory.




“I had fun tonight, Potter.”

“So did I. How about first-name basis?”

“No, just because we went to the ball tonight doesn’t mean anything. It was Dumbledore’s idea remember?” Lily asked looking up into the stars.

“Well, I thought maybe you would like to go to Hogsmeade with me next weekend.”

“You’re not asking you’re suggesting? I am surprised, Potter,” Lily said raising her eyebrow.

“Why are you surprised?”

“Because you have always been an insufferable prick and asked me about everyday last year, and the year before that, and the year before that…”

“Yes, well…I guess you could say that I have matured over the summer.”

“Well they do say that girls are two years ahead of maturity than boys.”

“Well if you want to look at it that way than ok. And you think I am a prick?”

“Who doesn’t?”

“Ouch, should I be offended?”

“I don’t know should you? And why are coming after me anyway, Potter? There are tons of girls inside the school begging to be with you.”

“I don’t know. You attract me I guess you could say.”

“Well we are totally different from each other.”

“Opposites attract.”

Lily sat silenced looking up into the stars. “Why did you ask me to come out here?”

“To see if you wanted to come to Hogsmeade with me. Which you still haven’t answered by the way.”

“I will think about it. You know, Potter,” Lily said turning to face him, “I missed you this summer.”

With that she walked into the school and up into the Heads dorm and up to her room.




Lily sat down on the little bit of couch that was left and cried.

“You know, James, you are to cute to handle,” Lily said to herself. She picked up another lily and smelled it gingerly and let her body envelope in another memory.




“James, do you have the plans for the Valentines Dance?” Lily asked from across the Heads living area.

“Uh, yeah here,” James said handing the papers to Lily.

“Thanks.”

Lily looked through them and than looked up, “What?”

James shook his head. “Nothing, you’re just so pretty.”

Lily blushed. “James,” she said warningly.

“What?”

“Come on I have work and I am sure you do too. Not today.”

“Lily! That is not what I was thinking!”

“Well, than whatever. I have work to do so no disruptions, you hear, dear?”

“Alright, alright love.”

“Thank you.”

Lily looked down at the papers and set to work going through food lists and decorations lists. She felt the couch descend on the other side of her and she knew that James had sat beside her.

She looked up to see James directly besides her. “James! No we cannot snog right now! I have work, and I am sure you do to. And if you don’t I will give you some!”

“Don’t bite my head off,” he said with a smirk settling on his face.

“ Wipe that smile off your face. You are irritating me, don’t make me go away.”

“Ok, ok. I will leave you alone. But have you forgotten the date?”

“No, it is February 7th.”

“And what is today?”

“James, I am not in the mood. It is six a.m. and Dumbledore wants these plans by breakfast.”

“Lily Evans! I am ashamed of you to forget your own birthday!” James said standing up.

“Oh my Merlin! It is my birthday! How could I forget?”

“Well I surely didn’t.”

“I know you would never forget my birthday. You have been sending me something every year since first year!” Lily said teasing him.

James grabbed her hand and pulled her into a tight embrace looking into her eyes.

“Did you ever know that your eyes are gorgeous?”

“Well I never thought about it.”

“And your hair is as soft as velvet?”

“Once again, I never thought about it.”

“And that your hair is as red as your temper?”

Lily smacked him, “James Potter!”

“See…”

“Oh James, don’t be a dolt and ruin the mood.”

“And what mood would that be?”

“Romance. Happiness. Joy.” Lily said checking them off her fingers.

“Oh, so there is romance is there?”

“Yes, now shut up and give me my present.”

“How about a kiss first?”

“Ok than.” She leaned in and kissed James passionately. He met her and returned the passion. She broke apart and breathed heavily. She smiled and he smiled back and without warning kissed her again. Her knees went weak and he was the only thing holding her up for support. When there tongues touched her body shivered with feelings she had never felt and she went cold. He kissed her long and hard and than broke off. He held her up still and smiled again.

“You know you still haven’t gotten you present,” James said with a sly smile.

“You didn’t have to get me anything.” She was still cold and weak from the kiss.

“Well it’s a little late for that now isn’t it?” he asked her extracting a long slender wrapped package. She took it into her hands and broke the seal.

“Oh, James!” she gasped.

“You like it?”

“More than anything!” she said holding up the locket. It was silver and had a lily filled with diamonds and her name engraved in it.

“Turn around and let me put it on.”




Lily came back to the present. Her hand found it’s way to her neck, where her hand found the locket he had given her that year.





Author's Note ~ Hey! I hope you are enjoying the story! It is completed on my computer. There's 10 chapters all together! Also, check out my other story, The Beginning, The middle, The End

Review please! Tell me your thoughts!
Chapter 3 ~ Undying Love... by CassandraTrelawney
303 Lilies and 1 White Rose

Chapter 3 ~ Undying Love...






“Come on, Lily!” Casanova said excitedly.

“Ok, ok hold on!” Lily said primping in front of the mirror.

“We are going to miss the first Quidditch game if you don’t hurry up! What are you doing anyway?” Lynn said.

Lily had brought her three best friends into the Head’s Dorm’s. But only so that they could tell her if she looked alright. She wore her Gryffindor robes, tights, and shoes. But had been doing her hair and make-up for the past twenty minutes.

“Come on, Liiilllyyy!” Beth said dragging the syllables.

“Ok, ok I am done.”

She took a final glance and than came out of the bathroom, and into her room. She grabbed her cloak and Gryffindor flag. She fastened on her Head badge and walked out and down the steps into the living area.

“Wow, you look great!” Lynn said, looking Lily over.

“Thanks!”

“Now can we go?” Casanova asked eagerly.

“Nova, just because Sirius is Beater, doesn’t mean that we have to rush down to the Quidditch Pitch,” Beth said.

“And you were calling me?” Lily asked, smiling.

Beth blushed, “You were in there forever though! Cass didn’t even take that long!”

“Ok, well we are all ready so let’s go now and not fight!” Lynn said.

The four friends walked out into the crisp November morning and strolled down towards the Quidditch Pitch. Students were already assembling in the stands and the four friends found front row seats and sat comfortably.

“Who do you think will win? Gryffindor or Slytherin?” Beth asked.

“Beth, must you be a blonde all the time? Of course Gryffindor!” Casanova said, rolling her eyes.

Beth ran a hand through her blonde locks, “Don’t start, Nova! I was just asking for everyone’s opinion. I guess we already know yours.”

“Gryffindor.”

“Gryffindor.”

Beth seemed pleased and looked out into the empty pitch.

“Anyone have the time?” Lily asked, eager for the game to start.

“The game starts in…about a minute,” Lynn said, pulling her cloak back over her wrist.

“Welcome to the first game of the season! Gryffindor versus Slytherin!” the commentator’s voice rang through the crowd. Applause from everywhere in the stands erupted.

“Finally!” Casanova said.

“Now for the Slytherin team! Chasers: Bark, Flint, and Groy! The Beater’s: Herald and Frey! The Keeper AND Captain of the Slytherin team…Malfoy! The Seeker: Brush!” Applause from the Slytherin side erupted, while boo’s were heard from around the stands.

“Ugh! Malfoy made new Captain! I could barf!” Lynn said disgusted.

“Now for the Gryffindor team! Chasers: Hooch, Buckner, and Rose! The Beater’s: McCarey and Black! The Keeper: McCray! And the Seeker AND Captain of the Gryffindor team: POTTER!!!”

The applause was so loud that you couldn’t hear the person next to you.

“Go Sirius!” Casanova yelled.

“Oh pipe down, Nova!” Beth teased.

Casanova shot Beth a rude look and looked back to the game.

“AND THE GAME BEGINS! IT’S BARK WITH THE QUAFFLE AND HE PASSES IT TO FLINT! AND…ROSE STEALS THE QUAFFLE FROM FLINT! SHE’S HEADING DOWN TOWARDS THE SLYTHERIN SIDE. SHE PASSES TO BUCKNER AND BUCKNER HEADS TOWARDS THE LEFT RING AND…SHE SCORES IN THE CENTER RING!!!! THAT’S TEN TO NIL GRYFFINDOR!”

Erupts of cheers erupted from the stands, “Go, go Gryffindor!”

Buckner made a lap of glory around the stands.

“AND IT’S GRYFFINDOR WITH POSSESSION OF THE QUAFFLE. SLYTHERIN CHASER GROY HAS THE QUAFFLE! BUT BUCKNER STEALS IT AGAIN! SHE PASSES TO ROSE. THEY ARE HEADING TOWARDS THE SLYTHERIN’S RING! IS MALFOY READY FOR HER! BUCKNER HAS BEEN HOGWART’S BEST CHASER! AND ROSE PASSES TO BUCKNER AND…SHE SCORES! THAT’S TWENTY TO NIL GRYFFIN “ BUT WAIT! BRUSH AND POTTER SEEMS TO HAVE SEEN THE SNITCH AND THEY ARE…AND IT’S CLOSE! AND…POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! POTTER HAS GOTTEN IT! GRYFFINDOR WINS! 170 TO NIL!”

Cheers came from all three sides of the pitch, except from the Slytherin side. They seemed to pout and file from their stands, while Gryffindor students went out to the pitch.

James caught Lily’s hair gleam and walked towards it. He caught sight of her and ran towards her. He lifted her up by her waist and her spun her around. She squealed.

“James, let me down!” she squealed.

“Tell me congratulations!”

“Never!”

“I caught the Snitch!”

“Oh, you caught the fast speeding Snitch!”

“Yes, I did!”

“So you want me to say the ‘C’ word?”

“Yes…”

“How about a kiss instead?”

“A kiss?”

“Yes.”

“But you never kiss me.”

“Do you want to spoil the moment, James?”

“Ok, kiss me…wait then how about I kiss you?”

“No, you caught the Snitch!”

“Oh well.”

Without warning James pulled her into a tight kiss. He pressed her tight against his chest and kissed her deeply and long. Lily felt her knees go weak…her breath become short and rapid. He released the kiss and stared into her dark piercing emerald eyes. They were bright and they sparkled.

“Lily, we have been dating since September and I have found out something.”

“What’s that, James?” Lily asked, short of breath.

“I love you.”

“I love you too, James Potter.”




Lily was pulled back to the Head’s Dorm.

“You remembered all of this, James Potter?” Lily asked herself. She looked around the room. She put the fifth lily into the vase and rearranged them so that they were perfect. She walked under the chandelier and waved her wand. A lily came down and she sniffed and was being rolled into another memory…



Author's Note ~ I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It isn't my favorite but...it's cute. Review please! Thanks!

Read! Review! Enjoy!
Chapter 4 ~ Memories Unforgotten by CassandraTrelawney
Chapter 04 ~ Memories Unforgotten





“And what do we have here?” came young James Potter’s voice.

“And you would be…” Lily Evans shot back.

James stuck out his hand. “James Potter.”

Lily stared at the hand. “I am Lily Evans.”

“You are very pretty.”

“Excuse me?”

“You are very pretty.”

“First off, that was a rhetorical question, and you must be a dolt not to know that! Now get out!”

“Well, we just wanted to greet you four.”

“We?”

“My friends and I.”

Lily looked around James to see three other’s smirking at her. “And they would be?” she asked, folding her arms across her chest.

“This is Peter, Remus, and Sirius.”

“Nice to meet you,” Casanova piped up.

Lily shot her a warning look. “Fine, this is Casanova, Lynn, and Beth. Now if you don’t mind, would you please get out!”

“But I came looking for something.”

“And what is that?” Lily asked rudely.

“You and your love.”

Lily stood up and punched him straight in the stomach. “Get out now! Or else I will hit you somewhere where you wish not to be kicked!”

James groaned, but looked up and grinned. “Feisty! I like that.”

Lily kicked him, hard. “And I hope that you now can’t have children, you dolt!”




Lily came back.

“Oh, you better be able to still have children, my love,” Lily said to herself. She laughed softly and set the lily in the vase with the other five.

She picked up another one…and went into another memory.




“Oh, Lily!” James sang.

Lily groaned. “What do you want, Potter?”

“Oh, I just though that maybe since we are finally allowed to go to Hogsmeade, that you would like to go with me.”

“No.”

“But why?”

“Because you are a pompous wanker.”

“So?”

“I said no, Potter!”

“I am not a pompous wanker.”

“To me you are!”

“Come on, just one date.”

Lily whipped around and slapped him. “That’s for not leaving me alone,” she slapped him twice again. “That’s for asking me twice!” she slapped him a last time. “AND THAT’S FOR BEING HERE!”

James just gazed at her, red handprints across his face. Lily grabbed her books and walked off huffily.




“Trying to say something to me, James?” Lily asked the room. She stuck the lily with the others and picked up and another sniffed in its sweet smell.




“HEY, EVANS!” James yelled across the lawn of the school.

“No, Potter!” Lily yelled back. She started to gather her belongings as quickly as she could.

She was too late, James caught up with her quickly. “Hey, what’s up?”

“Go away, Potter. I am not in the mood.”

“I just wanted to talk.”

“Talk, but I can’t promise that I will listen.”

“Aw, come on. I am not that bad!”

“You are pig-headed, a prick, and rude!”

“Well in your terms maybe.”

“Well my terms matter, because it is I who chooses whether or not to listen or go out with you!” Lily said walking into the castle.

“So, you do want to go out with me?” James asked, intrigued.

“No! I never said that! I said it is I who makes that decision!”

“And have you come up with that decision?”

“What decision, Potter?”

“To go out with me or not.”

Lily stopped. “James Potter, I will never ever go out with you! You are egotistical! So save your breath, Potter, because I will never go out on a date with you!”

“Well than since you won’t go out with me, will you marry me?”

Lily slapped him and than walked into the Girl’s Bathroom.



“I guess that I lied than, didn’t I?” Lily asked herself. She placed the lily in the vase. She walked around the room. She saw a lily sitting besides her school bag. She picked it up and sniffed in lightly and felt the usual movement.




“You know, Lily, you are so sweet,” James Potter said to Lily.

“Well, I’m going to take that as a compliment.”

“You should. You know that you are so nice, and have the worst temper.”

“Now, you better say something sweet before I slap you.”

“Your pretty.”

“Tsk tsk, that’s not good enough.”

“How about you have the most prettiest blue eyes ever!”

“They're green, James! I am giving you one last time!”

James laughed softly. “I know, I know. You have emerald eyes that make me want to stare into them all day long. But I can make up for everything.”

He grabbed her hand and twirled her in a circle. He brought her closely to his chest, and started to dance slowly. He stared into her eyes. They sparkled like no one would ever imagined. They showed something that James had never seen before…love. She had a dazzling smile on that illuminated the room.

He stopped and looked into her eyes. “Lily, this has been the best Christmas, ever.”

“Thanks for inviting me. I had a good time.”

“I’m glad you did. Did you like my parents?”

“They’re wonderful.”

James started to dance again. “You know we could come back for Easter.”

“But we don’t come home for Easter.”

“Well, Dumbledore said that maybe we should let the students go home. You know, because of the war and all.”

“So, are you inviting me over to your house, again?”

“Yes.”

“Well, than I gladly accept.”

“I love you, Lily Evans.”

“I love you, James Potter.”

James pulled her closely and kissed her. Lily felt the usual weakness in her knees again. He knew exactly how to kiss her, and what made her smile and what sent her hormones flying.





“Oh, James, is that how you feel about me, then?” Lily asked the room and felt soft tears flowing down.




Author's Note ~ Lily is a bit physical now isn't she? Haha, but I love making up the memories. They are great fun!

Ok, not much to say...the chapters do get better, and funner. Haha, ok please review! Let me know how I am doing! (Also if you type in chat speak, can you please make it so I can read it. Thanks!)
Chapter 5 ~ Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words by CassandraTrelawney
303 Lilies and 1 White Rose

Chapter 05 ~ Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words


Lily swiped her tears away. “Oh, how you were so rude,” Lily said chuckling, “and yet romantic.”

She picked up another lily and inhaled the scent and twirling away to another memory.




“Smile, Lils!” James said excitedly.

“No, James! You know that I hate getting my picture taken!” Lily said gaily.

“Oh, come on! I want a picture of us two in my room.”

“You can see me all day.”

“Aw, now that’s cute, but maybe I want SOME memories!”

Lily laughed, “Oh, James, I hate getting my picture taken.”

“Come on, just this once?”

“James, you must have tons of pictures of me!”

“Oh I do! But I want another one! You look cute today!”

“James, I am wearing the same thing that I wear everyday. Gryffindor robes, tights, black shoes, etc.”

“I know, but your hair’s curly today.”

“My hair is always curly!”

“Well, than…”

“James!” she squealed as James pulled her into a bear hug and the camera went off.

“Now that wasn’t so bad, now was it?”

“James!” she laughed. He walked over to the camera and extracted the photo.

“Now this is a picture!” he exclaimed.

“Let me see!”

“Why? You didn’t want it taken in the first place.”

“James!” Lily said jumping for the picture.

“Ah, the joys of being taller.”

Lily punched him in his arm. “Love, you should know by now that years of Quidditch has gained me muscles.”

“Oh, James! Don’t start with that.”

James grinned, “Here, you can see it.”

Lily smiled and took the photo from him. “I look horrible!”

“No you don’t!” James said taking the photo and looking at it. James had Lily in a hug him in back her in the front. Both of them laughing and smiling. Lily’s eyes sparkling and her hands on his arms, and laughing. James smiled, “It’s perfect.”




Lily came tumbling back.

“Oh, how you love to torment me!” she spoke aloud. She picked up another lily and sniffed its heavenly scent.




“Come on, Lily!” James said, as they headed down to Diagon
Ally.

“Where are we going, James?” she asked, trying to follow behind him.

“To the Jewelry store.”

“But why?”

“Just come one!” he said running back and grabbing her hand.

“James Potter, where are we going?” she exclaimed as he held her hand.

“I just told you, Lils!” he said as they walked into the Jewelry store.

“James, what in the world are we doing here?”

“Well, the locket I gave you for your birthday needs a photo. So, they specialize in them here.”

“James, I’ll kill you! We could of just used one of ours and minimized it with a simple charm!”

“I know, but they have a specific background I want.”

“You already came here and picked out our background?” Lily asked.

“Uh huh. So, come on!” he said grabbing her hand and leading her to the back of the store.

“James, I hate getting my picture taken though!”

“I know.”

“Oh, James!”

“Can I help you?” came the salesman’s voice.

“I was here earlier. We came to get our picture taken,” James said to the salesman.

“Ah, now I remember, Mr. Potter. Well, than follow me.”

They followed the salesman through a door. They walked into what seemed like was outside.

“Where are we?” Lily asked.

James smiled, “You like it?”

They had entered into a park with a cement pitch that went down with steps. It was fall, although outside it was the end of winter, and leaves were falling.

“James, it’s gorgeous!”

“Well, you love fall.”

“I do, I love fall!”

“Now, if you two want to pose, or do whatever you wish, than I will take your picture,” the salesman interrupted.

James grabbed Lily’s hand and brought her down into the cement pitch. She twirled and laughed and flashes went off.




“That was the best picture I think we ever took,” Lily said. She brought her hand to her neck and lifted the locket. She spoke a few words and the locket opened. Inside were her and James spinning, twirling, and laughing in the fall wonderland. Not having a care in the world. James suddenly came up behind her and picked her and twirled her, with her looking into his piercing brown eyes and him staring into the violent emerald green one’s staring back. He smiled lovingly and she smiled lovingly back. He twirled her a few times and than set her back down, but put his arms around her waist, and rested his chin on her shoulder. She put her hand on his tousled hair and brought her lips to his mouth.

Tears of happiness and love fell from her eyes. “Oh now, why am I crying?” she asked herself. She continued to stare at the photo, of them kissing, “Oh, James, how I love you so much.”

She picked up another lily and set the other one in the vase, and feeling nostalgic from not smelling one, she smelled the lily and went helplessly into another memory.




Author’s Note ~ I hope you enjoyed it. Not my favorite, but oh well. The next one of my favorites though!! Review please!
Chapter 6 ~ And I Have Said, No! by CassandraTrelawney
Chapter 06 ~ And I Have Said, No!





“Oi, Evans!” came Sirius’ voice.

“What do you want, Black?”

“To see what you are doing this weekend.”

Lily stopped and turned around. She faced Sirius and asked, “Excuse me?”

“What are you doing this weekend?”

“Black! Don’t you start too! No, I will not go out with you!”

“Bloody hell no! Asking for ol’ Prongsy.”

“Prongsy?” Lily asked.

“Yeah Prongs, that’s James.”

“No! No! No! I have said it over a hundred times!”

“Actually,” Sirius said, taking out a little black notepad. “This is the, including those three no’s, the five hundred and fifth time.”

“Well, than, you tell Prongs, to stop asking! And to not get his ‘sidekicks’ to ask for him!” Lily said rather rudely.

Sirius put a hand to his heart. “I am hurt, we are more than sidekicks, my dear, we are best friends.”

“I don’t care!”

“And I wouldn’t go out with you. I am going out with dear Nova.”

Lily hid a smile. “Good for you.”

“Why, thank you. Now, will you double with me and Nova?”

“NO!”

“Aw, come on! Jamesy isn’t that bad!”

“He’s a prat, no thank you!”

James came strolling out of the Great Hall with Remus and Peter, talking animatedly.

“JAMES POTTER!” shrieked Lily.

“Yes?” James asked questionably, than looked at Sirius with the notebook in his hand. James walked up to him and smacked him in the back of his head. “You dolt! What did you do?”

“He! He “ he “ he just asked me to go out with you! Would you mind getting your ‘sidekicks’ to stop asking me!”

“Best friends, not sidekicks!” Sirius corrected aggravated.

“Whatever! If you such a prick that you need you ‘best friends’ to ask for you, than your not worth it at all!”

James smacked Sirius again. “You dolt! I’m sorry, Lils.”

“Don’t. Call. Me. That!” Lily said through gritted teeth.

James through his hands up in defense. “Ok, ok don’t bite my head off!”

“Don’t waste your breath, or your ‘best friends’’ to ask me out. You prick! Stop asking me! It’s never going to happen!” she yelled and before James could open his mouth she began again, “And don’t! Don’t even think about asking me to marry you! That’s never going to happen either! You understand?”

“Uh…”

Lily walked up to him and pointed a finger at him. “And don’t forget, Potter, that I am now a prefect. I will make you write lines, or put you in detention on days that you have Quidditch practice! And I will do it, I swear I will!”

“Ok, ok…chill. I will not ask you out again. It’s not like I have asked you a hundred times or anything.”

“Actually…it’s the five hundred and sixth time, my dear, Lily.”

“Thanks for the reimbursement, Sirius,” James said, shooting Sirius a look.

Lily turned towards Sirius and smacked him. “Never call me dear!” she turned towards James and smacked him. “And never ever ask me out OR get your ‘best friends’ to do the work!”

With that she stalked off and into the back of the library.




“Oh, James. I am surprised that you even wanted to go out with me. I must have smacked you hundreds of times!” Lily said, laughing to herself.

She went over to the table and picked up the largest lily and sniffed the scent, and went enveloped into the memory.




“Hey, Evans!”

“And you would like what, Potter?” Lily asked without even looking up from her book.

James pulled out the chair to the libraries table and sat. Lily looked up and raised an eyebrow and went back to her book.

“You are annoying me, Potter.”

“I haven’t even started to talk yet!”

“Exactly my point.”

“Guess what?”

“If this is one of your little pranks or jokes, I don’t want to hear it.”

“No, it is not.”

“Hurry, I am reading.”

“Your reading? Why?”

“Because…I enjoy reading. Problem with that?”

“No, just…that’s a big book.”

“It’s for light reading,” Lily said looking up. “Now, what do you want before I stalk off to the girl’s room. Just to get away from you.”

“Ok, ok…guess what just happened?”

“I don’t know. It’s you we are talking about, so it could be a numerous amount of things.”

James raised an eyebrow. “Cute.”

“Are you procrastinating this on purpose, just to talk to me?”

“Procrast- what?”

“Procrastinating, Potter. Are you putting off the subject on purpose just to talk to me?”

“Oh, no. Just ok, guess what! I made the Quidditch team!”

“Great just another thing for you to gloat about and to make your ego even bigger.”

“No. I made it because I am a good player. I am the Seeker.”

“Great, now if you don’t mind, I would like to get back to my reading.”

“Will you be at the first game?”

“No.”

“And why not?”

“Because, I know that you are probably going to pull something on me.”

James smirked heavily. “I wouldn’t dare.”

“That’s it! You have used up all of my patients!” Lily said, and slammed her book shut and walked out and to the Gryffindor Girls’ Dormitory.




“Oh, James. And yet you DO gloat about your Quidditch skills!” Lily said, and set the lily in the vase.

She grabbed a rather smaller one and sniffed the familiar scent and went into another memory of the two of them, in there years of Hogwarts.



Author’s Note ~ Oh, this is one of my favorites! I hope you enjoyed it!

Please review! I am getting no reviews! Each chapter has been read by more than 1000 people, yet I am getting no reviews! Please tell me how I am doing? Review!

Read my other stories: And To Ashes You Shall Return (One-Shot), The Beginning, The Middle, The End, and He May Be Famous, But I Love Him(One-Shot).
Chapter 7 ~ I Love That James Potter by CassandraTrelawney
Chapter 07 ~ I Love That James Potter


“Hey, Lily, come on, we are headed to the library,” came the voice of Casanova.

“And why are we going to the library?” Lily asked, spooning some pudding on her plate.

“Just because…” Lynn said.

“Because…you want to hear about my date with James on Friday now don’t you?” Lily asked, eyeing each of her friends.

“No!” Beth said.

“Did I hear my name?” James asked, sitting down next to Lily.

“No,” Casanova said rather quickly.

“No, we are just heading down to the library that’s all,” Lily said.

James raised an eyebrow. “It’s Saturday.”

“I, we, know! Lily just promised to help us with something. Some schoolwork,” Lynn said, turning pink.

“Oh, ok. Have fun than,” James said, cutting his Shepard’s pie.

“I’ll see you later,” Lily said kissing him on the cheek.

James smiled up at her. “I am looking forward to it.”

Lily smiled, and James winked at her.

They set off down towards the library and moved all the way to their space in the back of the library. It was a nook all the way in the back, that they had made all their own. It had a table, and was completely cut off from the rest of the library. They kept a stash of candy there and hung out talked whenever they wished.

“So, Lils, tell us about Friday night,” Casanova said, maneuvering the stone and grabbing a hand full of chocolate frogs.

Lily blushed slightly and opened the chocolate frog that Casanova handed her. “Well, James and I went out and walked the grounds.”

Lynn smiled slyly and than said, “There’s more to it than that, I know it.”

“Yes…”

“Come on, Lily, tell us. We swear we won’t tell anyone,” Beth said.

Lily raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, like our first date wasn’t passed around school.”

“Well…that WAS news,” Casanova said embarrassed.

Lynn shot Casanova a glare. “We swear we won’t tell anyone.”

The other girls nodded their heads in agreement.

Lily finished chewing the piece of chocolate in her mouth. “Well, James and I had dinner out by the lake. We watched the sun set. Than, him and I went for a walk, the moon was out and it shone brightly,” Lily said, staring out the window at the full bright moon.

“Earth to Lily!” Casanova said irritably.

“Oh sorry, zoned out for a minute,” Lily said blushing slightly.

“We noticed, now continue!” Beth said impatiently.

“Ok, ok, keep your robes on!” Lily exclaimed. “Well, we walked hand in hand. And than he took me for a ride on his broomstick, we went over the forbidden forest and everything. Hogwarts looks gorgeous and magical from high above, believe me.

“Than we landed and sat down on the shore, and…he kissed me,” Lily said simply, absorbed in the moment.

“He kissed you!” Lynn gushed.

Lily nodded her head.

“Oh wow! How was it?” Beth asked.

“It was…you know what? I enjoyed it. It was…I don’t know how to explain it! It was passionate and…it is just something that you cannot explain,” Lily said looking at each of her friends.

“Passionate? Since when have you become the love-sick puppy?” Casanova asked, with a devilish glint I her eyes.

“Nova! It was not like that! It was more…respectable.”

“Respectable? Lily, you are not giving us everything! Spill it!” Lynn said.

“I am too telling the truth!” Lily defended.

“Lily, you are not a good liar,” Casanova said.

“Ok, ok…well, the kiss made my knees go weak. When his tongue touched mine, it sent…cold but warm shivers go down my back, and went throughout my body, and when he held me, I “ it…just felt right.”

Shrieks erupted from the girls.

“Oh, Lily, your in love!” Lynn shrieked.

“Yes, Lily dear, you are slowly falling in love with James Potter,” Casanova said.

“Yes…I am…I am in love with James Potter.”

* Later that night with James *

“Hello, James,” Lily said in the Heads Dorm that night.

“Hello, love,” James said, and kissed her gently on the cheek.

James started to walk towards the portrait hole with his schoolbag swung over his shoulder. Lily put her hand to her cheek where she had kissed him and smiled. She followed James out of the castle ad onto the grounds.

The moon was full and bright and sparkled. It lit up the Earth, and the stars around it looked liked diamonds had been set in place by God.

“You excited about tonight?” James asked her.

“That depends, what do you have planned?” Lily asked, looking into his gorgeous hazel eyes.

“Well, walking the grounds…”

“And…”

“I don’t know. Let’s just see what comes ahead in the path,” James said, giving her a rewarding smile.

Lily blushed, “Ok.”

“But…there may be some commotion.”

“Commotion? How so?”

“Well…let’s go sit under the tree and talk.”

Lily’s smiled faded slightly and followed him to the tree.

James caught Lily’s frown and lifted her chin. “I am not going to dump you…don’t worry.”

Lily nodded, “Ok.”

James sat down, with Lily leaning against his chest. She could hear the steady and slow heartbeat, thump through his chest.

“What did you want to talk about?”

“Well…” James said, and continued with a story. How he and the marauders had met, how they had become Animagus’ together, and how Remus was a werewolf.

Lily shot up, “James! It’s a full moon! Are you crazy? Taking me out on a full moon?” Lily exclaimed.

“Lily, don’t worry. I have back up.”

Lily nodded her head reassuringly, “Ok.”

She leaned back into James. “So you love me, eh?” James asked.

Lily turned around and punched him, “You dolt! You were in the library today weren’t you? With that invisibility cloak of yours!”

James laughed heartily. “Oh, Lils…”
Chapter 8 ~ Angelic Beauty by CassandraTrelawney
303 Lilies and 1 White Rose

Chapter 8 ~ Angelic Beauty


Lily went to another lily and picked it up, and inhaled the heavenly smell.




“James! I have to go get ready. Do you want to even go?” Lily askedJames, who was nuzzling Lily’s neck.

“Oh, alright. I will let you go get dressed,” James said smiling.

“What about you?”

“I am going like this.”

Lily looked him over. “You are not going in your night clothes. Now go put on your dress robes!” Lily said, throwing a pillow at him.

“It’s Christmas! Maybe I will go in my birthday suit, as my birthday is a few days before Christmas. It can be your present!”

Lily threw another pillow at him. “You will do no such thing!”

“Ok, ok I will go dress.”

Lily looked pleased that she won and smiled. “Thank-you.”



Fifteen minutes later, Lily glanced at herself in the mirror. She looked stunning. It had taken her weeks of allowance and the money her mum and dad sent every other week to pay for the dress robes.

She slipped on her shoes, and took one more glance and than left her room and into the Heads commonroom, where James’ back was to her. He was in midnight blue robes, with black slacks, and a black dress shirt. He was staring into the fire, the flames dancing on his lenses.

“I see you got ready,” Lily said from the bottom of the staircase.

James turned and gaped at Lily. She was gorgeous, no more than gorgeous. She was…speechless, he couldn’t think of a word to describe her.

She was wearing emerald green robes, she had cast a spell on them to make them shimmer and glow. They glowed in the candlelight, and shimmered with her every move. They were silk and fell the floor around her. The robes fit her every curve, and was cut tightly up in her bust area. The dress was strapless and she had sprinkled shimmer on her chest area.

Her hair was straight, but had a few ringlets’ of curls fell down. She had sprinkled gold shimmer in her hair, which also made her glow.

She looked like an angel, without a halo. She was his angel…an angel of love. He couldn’t take his eyes of her.

“Lily, you look…” James began.

“You look very handsome.”

“Love, you look…”

“Ok, we now know that you think I look pretty, but we need to get down there. We are already,” Lily checked the clock that hung on the wall. “Fifteen minutes late.”

“You’re more than beautiful, you’re angelic.”

Lily blushed, “Thank you.”

James held out his arm, which she gladly took. “Let’s go, my beautiful angel.”




Lily came back and looked into the mirror at her self. She was his angel? She had forgotten about that night, although, not on purpose.

“So, I’m your angel, am I?” Lily asked, putting the lily in the vase, with many others.

She looked around the room at innumerable lilies that lay there. She picked one up that was on the table. It had a piece of holly on it…she knew which one it was and smelled it.




“Lily, come on,” James said, pulling her up to a grand house. The house was huge; it was made of stone and had green shudders. The front door was stained glass and a woman was standing in the doorway, waiting for her son.

“Oh, James!” she cried as she saw them. The woman looked nothing like James. She had shoulder length blonde hair, blue eyes, and a milky white skin.

“Hello mum,” James said, hugging her. He straightened and looked at Lily. “Mum, this is Lily. This is who I wrote to you about.”

The woman smiled sweetly towards Lily. “It’s very nice to meet you, Lily.”

“Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Potter.”

“Where’s dad?” James asked.

“He’s at work. He should be home shortly. Now, come inside and tell me all about school and you two,” Mrs. Potter said, with a sly smile.

So that’s where James gets his charming smile, Lily thought to herself.


That night Mr. Potter came home, as Lily and James were flipping through a photo album of the two of them.

“Dad!” Jams said, strolling over to his dad.

“James, your home!” Mr. Potter said, hugging his son. James definitely got his good looks from his father, his muscular body, his loving hazel eyes, his height, and untidy black hair.

“And whom have you brought home?” Mr. Potter asked, looking at Lily.

“This is Lily, the one that I wrote to you guys about,” James said, walking over to Lily.

“Ah, this is the angelic beauty that you rave on about in your letters.”

Lily blushed redder than her hair, and James was starting turn red as well. “Yes, this is my angelic beauty.”

“I see what you meant, James,” Mr. Potter said, sending Lily the same smile that James always gave her.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Potter,” Lily said, holding out her hand.

~

Later that night when Lily and James were alone in James’ room James took Lily’s hand into his own.

“I want to show you something.”

“Ok, James.”

He opened his window and a bitter breeze fell into the room. He took her hand and climbed out and onto the roof, Lily following. He sat by the chimney and looked up into the sky.

“It’s beautiful, James,” Lily whispered as she looked out onto the sky.

“I come out here all the time. Especially when I need to think about things.”

“I can tell why. It’s a perfect place for someone to sort their thoughts.”

“Before my first year at Hogwarts, I stashed a Time Capsule, under a loose slate. I vowed never to take it out until my last day at Hogwarts was done. I have Padfoot add things for me, I never re-open it.”

“A time capsule? You don’t seem to be that type of guy.”

“Oh, Lils, there’s much of me that you don’t know already.”

“Such as…”

“Intelligent, brave, honest…”

“And…”

“Nice, lovable, and the sexiest person at Hogwarts.”

Lily punched James in his shoulder. “James!”

“Ok, ok…Muscles, good-looking, charming.”

“James Potter! We were being serious until…until…”

“Until I got witty?”

“Ye-,” before Lily could finish James pulled her closely to him, where they kissed under the light of the moon.




Author’s Note ~ So sorry about the wait! They rejected it because I said that diamonds were mounted into her robes. Oh well, can’t win at everything, now can I? Anywho…

I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter, as I have. We’re almost done people! I am going to be so sad! Well…*sigh*

Review for me, will ya? Thanks everyone!
Chapter 9 ~ A Marauder For A Lady by CassandraTrelawney
Chapter 09 ~ A Marauder For A Lady


“Oh, James, you have the best family...if you ever met mine than you would dump me in a heartbeat,” Lily said to her surrounding walls.

She put the lily with the others that had accumulated in the vase and picked up another one and sniffed it.




Lily looked down at her watch. The Head Boy was already ten minutes late. Lily Evans was in the Head’s Compartment and had made up the passwords and was starting on the rounds that the Prefects would have to do twice a week.

“Hello, Evans,” came a familiar voice from the door.

“This compartment is for only the Head Boy and Girl, Potter,” Lily said without even looking up.

“But I am the new Head Boy,” James said, sitting besides Lily.

Lily looked up. “No your not! Dumbledore would be insane to make you the Head Boy. Now go give it back to Remus, whom it rightly belongs too!”

“Uh, I made Head Boy not Moony.”

Lily didn’t even notice the different name. “Dumbledore is not off his rocker! He would never make a dolt like you Head Boy!” Lily fumed.

“Did I hear my name?” Dumbledore asked, striding into the Head’s Compartment.

“Sorry, Sir. But did you really make Potter Head Boy?” Lily asked, begging for him to say no.

“Why yes, I did. James has shown great bravery and intelligence in his years here.”

“But he is discipline record?” Lily asked.

“Mind you, Ms. Evans, that has nothing to do with the making or picking of a Head Boy.”

Lily just sat their, bewildered by this information.

“Now, as I can see, Ms. Evans has already made up the passwords for the Houses, and you have started on the rounds.”

Lily nodded her head. “Yes I have.”

“Good. Now, you two have rounds every night. Monday through Thursday you will do rounds until eleven o’clock. On Friday and Saturday you will do rounds until one o’clock, a lot of children like to stay out of bed, so please check for that. And on Sunday’s until eleven-thirty,” Dumbledore began.

“Alright,” James said, absorbing the information.

“May I see the passwords, Ms. Evans?” Dumbledore asked. Lily handed him the passwords that she had come up with.

“There all there,” Lily said.

Dumbledore nodded his head. “Good, good. Now, these passwords will be changed monthly. If another house finds out, than that house will be changed immediately. Also, Prefects meetings will be held bi-weekly.

“As for you two, your Head’s Dormitory will also be needing a password. It is to be changed weekly. As for Head’s meetings, you two can come up with that schedule, and also I will be attending a few when you need me.”

“Excuse me, Sir, but Head’s Dormitories?” Lily asked.

“Dormitory, Ms. Evans. Yes, the Head’s receive their own Dormitory. It’s very luxurious and it consists of wondrous items. Many Head’s in the past have come to liking it.”

Lily nodded her head and snapped a glance at James. “I see.”

“Yes, also you have another duty that I must bestow upon you. It is dances, balls, etc. You will need to have these put together, along with decorations. The Prefects help, but the Head Girl and Boy to the most of it.”

“So we come up with these on our own?”

“Precisely, James. Now, you two have a meeting with the fellow Prefects, and I am off to Hogwarts, good day.”

Dumbledore left with a CRACK and James and Lily were left in the same compartment.

“We have a lot of responsibilities,” James said.

Lily raised her eyebrow. “I noticed.”

“Wow, didn’t know the Heads did all of this.”

“Well, they do. So I don’t want any wisecrack jokes. It’s bad enough that you were made Head Boy AND that I have to share a dormitory with you.”

James spread a smile across his face. “I don’t see what’s so bad about that.”

“Potter, I am warning you! Don’t give me crap this year!”

“Alright, alright. I see why they say that redheads have a horrible temper.”

“That’s it! I am out of here!”

“And where might you be going, Head Girl?”

“To start the meeting with the Prefect’s. Seeing as we are already twenty minutes late!”

“But I need to do that meeting with you!”

“Well, than, Mr. Head Boy, why don’t you put your overly sized head on and put it to good use, and follow me!”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“I’m warning you, Potter.”

“Don’t sweat it, Lils, everything will be cool.”

Lily whipped around and kicked James. “Only my father has license to call me ‘Lils’ and I hope that you can’t have children for now on!”

Lily stomped down the hall and into the Prefect’s compartment, fuming.




“Oh, James, I do hope that you can have children,” Lily whispered to herself, laughing softly.

She put the lily in the vase and picked up another lily and went into another one of James’ memories.




Lily walked up to where Dumbledore’s office was. She saw the man she really wished she didn’t want to see.

Dumbledore had told them after the welcoming feats to meet them by his office.

James had beaten her there. He was leaning against one of the gargoyles, like he owned the place. He looked as if he had a grimace on his face, and Lily smiled secretly to herself.

“I see that you have found it,” James said, as Lily approached the gargoyles.

“Might I say the same to you?”

James leaned in more towards the gargoyles, not facing Lily. Lily took the time to look James over.

It seemed as if he had grown a few fair inches over the summer. He had to be over six feet tall, for he towered over Lily, whom was only five foot five.

Even though he had robes and dress shirts on, Lily could make out the muscles bulging underneath, and on his chest.

From years of Quidditch, I might imagine, Lily thought to herself.

His hair was it’s usual untidiness, and black as night to come. His hazel eyes, she always noticed, had flecks of honey in them. They were behind simple small black frames, for glasses.

James had secretly been watching Lily, as she looked him over, in his mirror.

Since she couldn’t see him looking, he also looked her over.

She had not grown over the summer, and he was taller and towered over her. Her hair was longer and the curls fell softly down her back, in an elegant way.

Her eyes were a piercing green. And it was the emerald green that glistened when she laughed, frosted when she was angry, and sparkled when she smiled. They were perfect for staring into, the type of eyes that you got lost in.

Her fair skin was a milky white, although it did have a tinge of tan in it. Her complexion was fair and perfect, and her cheekbones were shallow.

She had matured over the summer, which was obvious. She looked more woman-like, than ever in her years that she had been at Hogwarts, and James had noticed.

She was beautiful, envy of the school. Every guy loved her, but she never gave a care, or simply didn’t notice.

James always thought of her as an angel. And angel for him, someone that he wanted dearly, but could never have. He used his wit to overcome his feelings. But he definitely knew that he did have feelings for Lily Evans.

At the same time the two of them simultaneously turned around and were caught eye in eye, and simply fell for each other.



Author’s Note ~ This is my absolute favorite! I love the ending! Ok…well…not much to say. Thanks for all the reviews! And all the reads!

Well, I need to hit the sack. Night! Review please!
Chapter 10 ~ Pain and Passion Part I by CassandraTrelawney
Chapter 10 ~ Pain and Passion Part I


She came tumbling back from the memory, numb. She remembered that night like the back of her hand. That was the night that her heart had raced, her blood had ran cold, and her body had gone weak. Simply speaking, she had fallen in love with James Potter, without thinking she picked up another lily.

Little did she know, it was a painful one, one she had blocked out of her mind.




Lily awoke to the light dancing across her bed. It was December 28th, and she was in the Potter Manor still. She hoisted herself up and stretched before rubbing the sleep from her emerald green eyes. She glanced at the clock.

9:30 a.m.

“Still early,” she said to herself.

She got out of bed and walked into the adjacent bathroom. She showered and pulled fresh, clean robes on to herself. She did her hair, using a heat charm, from her wand and than carefully applied a light layer of make-up.

She came out of her bathroom to find her room in order and clean.

“The elves came early.”

She slipped on a pair of shoes and walked downstairs for some breakfast. She reached the dining room to find James leaned over, rubbing his temples furiously. Mrs. Potter had her head in her hands. And Mr. Potter was leaning over the fireplace.

Something happened, I know it, she said to herself.

She shifted uncomfortably for a minute, James hearing her, jumped up. He looked tired, bags hung under his eyes. There were worry lines etched plainly on his face. And his smile wasn’t on; instead he wore a frown of despair and resentment.

“I am sorry. Am I interrupting, or did I miss something?” Lily asked sympathetically.

James’ eyes misted slightly. “Lily, there’s been another…there’s been another attack.”

Lily couldn’t understand why this was such a big deal. Attacks happened almost every day. Why would this one be such a disaster?

“Any casualties?” she asked.

Lily! That was stupid! She scolded herself.

James nodded his head silently. “James, do you want me to say it?” Mrs. Potter asked; her head freed from her hands.

James shook his head again and turned towards his mum. “No, mum, I will do it. It “ it will be easier.”

Lily looked to each one of the Potter’s, clearly missing something. Why were they acting so weird?

“Lily, there were two killings earlier this morning.”

“Ok.”

“The Dark Mark was left above the house.”

“Ok,” Lily repeated.

“The attack took place in Little Whinging.”

“It couldn’t of…my-my parents…”

“Lily, your parents were the one’s attacked. The Dark Mark was left. I am so sorry,” James said.

Lily felt a sickening sensation. No! Not her parents.

“My parents…” was all she could say.

Lily felt as if her heart had been ripped out. A force hit her in the stomach so hard. She ached all over, her whole body seared with pain of sadness.

“No. No-not my parents…no…no…they got it all wrong…”

“Lily, I am really sorry,” James said walking towards her.

Lily backed away slowly. “You are lying…”

“Lily…”

Lily continued to trace her steps backwards, from which she came.

Tears rolled down her cheeks furiously. She continued to go backwards, hoping to escape. Escape what she had just been told. But she didn’t get far, before she could exit the dining room her world turned black, black from hatred, sadness, depression, and a sense of loss.

Sirius finally coming down caught Lily as she fainted. He looked at James, who gave him a warning and took Lily from his arms. He noticed how light she was. As he walked her slowly to her room he looked at her. Her fiery red hair cascaded over her shoulders and over his arms. Her skin was paler than usual, from the news she had just heard, and her body was limp.

James opened Lily’s door and set her down on the neatly made bed. Her hair fanned out under her and her body relaxed in the bed. James heard creaking and turned to meet his mother’s sad gaze, his fathers etched face, and Sirius’ confused stricken face.

“Let me help her, James. Go explain to Sirius, let Lily rest,” Mrs. Potter said slowly and kindly.

All James could do was nod silently, afraid that his voice would crack if he said anything else.

He walked slowly out of the room, Sirius tracing behind him. When they reached James’ room, James sank into the chair in his room and covered his face in his hands.

“James, what happened down there?”

James rubbed his face in slow motion. “Lily fainted.”

“Well, that part I know, I caught her.”

“Good catch.”

“Why DID she faint, though?”

“There was an attack this morning.”

“It wasn’t…it wasn’t…it wasn’t her family was it?”

“Yes. Both of her parents are dead. Her sister is still alive.”

“Oh my, Merlin…”

“Both of her parents are dead.”

“The Dark Mark left?”

James nodded his head. “Her parents are dead.”

“I know.”

“Her parents are dead.”

“James! Get a hold of yourself!”

“Sirius! Her parents are dead! She HAS no one else!”

“Aunts, Uncles?”

“Her parents don’t have siblings.”

“Grandparents?”

“Deceased.”

“Cousins?”

“None.”

“Sisters, brothers?”

“She has a sister. But she’s married, and despises Lily.”

“Aw, man.”

“I know.”

“I can’t believe this.”

“Believe it, Sirius. I can’t believe this!”

“I just said that.”

James ignored his witty comment. “It’s that filth that’s running around! That crazed old lunatic! He thinks he can just run around and play Hide and Kill. He can’t! Innocent people are dying because of his foolish games! You don’t become head wizard from killing people! That’s not what you do! It’s not right, not right at all! The bloody bastard! I hate him!” James raged, kicked the chair next to him.

Sirius nodded, accepting his friend’s rage and rant.

“I’m sorry, James.”

“Don’t be sorry for me, be sorry for Lily.”





Lily came back. A tear rolled down her cheek, from the memory of the past year.

“James…no…not that memory…”

Determined to forget it, she picked up the lily next to her…and sniffed it.




Lily awoke suddenly. Her face was wet and hair was sticking to the wetness. Her head was foggy. The moonlight glistened outside. Suddenly tears formed in her eyes. The memory of that day came into effect.

She rolled onto her stomach and sobbed into the pillow. She heard movement in her room. She quieted, thinking it was a house elf. But she felt the bed descend.

“Lily?”

Lily rolled over to find James looking at her. In only shorts and a muscle shirt and his body glowing in the moonlight, she smiled weakly.

“James, what are you doing in here?”

“I came to see you. You have been out for two days now. You’ve worried me.”

Lily felt a tear roll down her cheek. “James, I can’t do this. I can’t live without my parents. They were my own family.”

James moved closer to her, and Lily noticed the bags under his eyes were heavy and his face was chiseled with tiredness, exhaustion, and worry.

“I know, I am so sorry.”

Lily tried to sit up, but her body wouldn’t function. “It’s not fair.”

“I know. I know it isn’t. But I will be here for you.”

“James…”

James moved closer to her. “I will help you with whatever you need.”

Lily frowned. “Right now I want someone who loves me.”

“I can be that person. I love you, Lily Evans.”

“James, I love you too.”

“Come here…”

He slowly enveloped her in a strong hug.

“James, stay with me?”

He smiled weakly and slowly got in bed with her and wrapped his strong arms around her.

“Whatever happens, Lily, I will not let anyone touch or harm you in any way, shape, or form.”

Lily closed her eyes and let the tears fall freely from her eyes and nestled herself into James’ arms and fell asleep, protected by a man’s soft passion.




Author’s Note ~ The chapter keeps getting deleted for no reason! I am getting quite frustrated! So hopefully it worked! Also the log-in problem is really annoying me! So…hopefully this glitch thing is getting out of hand…so, I hope this works! Review please guys and gals!
Chapter 11 ~ Pain and Passion Part II by CassandraTrelawney


Chapter 11 ~ Pain and Passion Part II





Lily awoke before James did. She eased herself out of bed and out of James firm grasp. He stirred slightly but than went back to being still.

Lily looked at him as he slept peacefully. His hair a mess and his body relaxed. He was a total angel in her mind; innocent, yet he really wasn’t.

She put on some fresh robes and headed out to the gardens. The Potter’s had a majestic garden. James’ mum kept them alive all winter by magic. Lily walked through the gardens touching roses, morning glories, tulips, daffodils, lilies, magnolias, wildflowers, rhododendrons, and marigolds. She came to the middle of the garden, which had a huge fall. It went into the ground and the rocks piled high, with water tumbling down it.

Lily sat on the bench and looked at the flowers coming from the water. She breathed in the early morning air and looked at the sun slowly rising over the horizon.

The memory of the following night came swiftly into her mind. She liked having James sleep with her, his tight arms around her, keeping her safe.

She liked being the one
he cared about. The one that he would protect always and forever…

“Lily? Are you out here this early in the morning?” James asked looking down at her. He had fresh clean robes on with black slacks and a white shirt on.

She nodded. “Yes. I needed some air.”

He smiled down at her. “Are you ok?”

She frowned slightly. “In time.”

He sat down next to her and put his arm around her. Instinctively, Lily leaned in and rested her head on his firm chest. She closed her eyes and breathed in his sweet scent.

“In time…” James repeated to Lily.

He stroked her hair and she relaxed in his protection once again.

“James?”

“Hmm?”

“What’s going to happen now?”

“What do you mean?”

“James, I have no one, no one except my sister. And highly doubt that she will allow me in. My bloody sister is such a dolt.”

James laughed softly. Lily loved the sound of his soft laugh, and she smiled at it.

She continued. “I have no one, James. No one.”

“That’s not true. You have me, and my mum and dad, too. We all care for you, especially me.”

“Yes.”

“You know I would never leave you.”

“I know.”

“I wouldn’t desert you because you have no family.”

“Uh huh.”

“I wouldn’t. And over my dead body, would I leave you to your sister.”

Lily laughed. It was James turn to smile now at her soft laugh.

“Yes. I would pick the streets rather than live with her and that cow she calls a husband.”

“More like a whale.”

Lily laughed. “A whale that lives in Wales, coincidence?”

“I thought they lived in Surrey?”

“They do…I was just joking. But they were staying in a hotel until their house was ready.”

James hugged her closer and Lily felt the rise and fall of his stomach. She felt him take a deep breath.

Without warning a tear fell down her face. James looked down at her as she suppressed sobs. A tear rolled swiftly and sadly down her cheek. He took his hand and wiped the tear, with his forefinger, off her cheek.

Lily felt the slow motion of his hand, as he gently grazed her skin. A tingle went through her body. It went through her spine and into every lymph of her body.

“Thanks,” she whispered softly.

“You don’t have to be scared to cry in front of me.”

With that Lily rolled into James’ robes and sobbed. Every sob racked her body. It bit her every nerve as tear by tear rolled down her cheek. The tears were salty. And each one reminded her of her mum and dad’s death. Death was as bitter as salt. More bitter than salt. The bitterness couldn’t be removed, as death cannot be removed. She felt each sobbing rack and it made her cry harder, knowing her mother wouldn’t be there to hold her, to soothe her, to tell her everything was and would be fine. No. Her parents were dead, and every tear she shed could not bring them back. They couldn’t.

She heard James say soothing words to her. In a circular motion, he rubbed her back, trying to make her stop. It killed him to see her like this, her body trembling and rocking hard as she cried. It killed him inside, to see her so hurt. And yet, not even he could take it away. The hurt that lay in her heart was becoming rind every day. Her heart was black with sadness.

James held back his own tears of despair for Lily. Here she was, only seventeen years old, and she has lost everyone. Everyone that had been in her life that she had counted on and loved by.

Her body continued to rack with each sob. And James just did the only thing he could think of, he rubbed her back and smoothed her hair, and said condoling words.

Lily cried for about two hours before her tears started to subside and her sobs became quiet. She slowly turned her head and looked into the fountain.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Never be sorry for being sad.”

“This isn’t fair of me to bestow this upon you.”

“Hey, we are in this together.”

“How?”

“By love.”

Lily understood. Yet, she didn’t want to believe.

She pulled herself together.

“You are all wet.”

“Once again, love.”

She took out her wand and did a fast drying spell.

She leaned into his chest again and they just watched nature. They heard the crunching of leaves and they turned to see a dog come on the pathway towards them. James smiled.

“Hello - Paddie.”

“He yours?” Lily asked.

James smiled mischievously. “He’s a friend.”

Lily smiled and the dog came over to her. The dog was large with shaggy black fur. The dog’s tongue hung from the side of its mouth and Lily laughed.

“Cute.”

After fifteen minutes Lily began to rub his stomach and James howled with laughter.

“James Potter, I don’t see what’s so funny about petting a dog.”

James held his side. “Hold on. Ok, Paddie, you have had your laugh.”

Lily looked at James ands than down at the dog. The dog glowed white for a minute before Sirius Black transformed into himself.

Lily screamed. “Oh my Merlin! You are an Animagus! James Potter, that was not funny!”

Sirius laughed whole-heartily. “I didn’t do it, Sirius did it himself!”

Lily looked at Sirius who gave Lily a puppy-eyed look. “Sirius! Don’t look at me with-with-with those eyes.”

“I’m sorry. I thought it would just cheer you up.”

“Well…it worked.”

“Sirius, you dolt, you should have told me before you did that to Lily.”

Sirius laughed. “Want to rub my tummy again, Lily?”

Lily slapped him playfully on his head. “No!”

They all laughed and Lily looked up at the sky.

“You ok, Lily?” this question came from Sirius, and not James.

Sirius had on a serious look. She smiled at his sincerity. “Yes, thank you for asking.”

Sirius hugged her good-naturedly. She returned the unfeigned hug.

“Can we go to Diagon Ally?” Lily asked.

Sirius and James nodded simultaneously. “Sure.”

James looked into Lily’s eyes and kissed her…kissed her like he had never before. Love, sadness, sorry, and…passion.




Author’s Note ~ So, how did you guys like this? Sorry about the delay for the other chapter! It kept on getting deleted because of the glitch in the server. So hopefully this will work!

Thanks for all the reads and all the wonderful reviews!

Sorry about the sadness of this chapter. But not all memories are happy.

I have been trying to make the last chapter, before the actual last chapter “ longer. I just hope it’s not TOO long…maybe I should stop. It’s already over 2500 words and over 10 pages long. So, I hope it’s not to long.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=15384