Severus Snape and the Morning Routine by Loz
Summary: Everyone does something when they start the day. So what does Snape do? The first appearance of Severus Snape's "Fuzzy Bat Slippers" occurs in this story - so if you've heard about them, blame me. Originally posted in the "Snape's PoV" thread on Mugglenet's Official forums - CoSForums.
Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 690 Read: 1489 Published: 11/10/04 Updated: 11/10/04

1. Severus Snape and the Morning Routine by Loz

Severus Snape and the Morning Routine by Loz
Severus wakes up and stretches under his black satin sheets. He sits up in bed and pushes the draping dark green velvet curtain out of the way. He looks out of the window into the cold and snowy weather outside and smirks.

Hmm... a new day of the week. And what a brilliant day it is too. No horrible shining sun, no annoying chirping birds. I must make sure I spend the free part of lunchtime stopping the children from having snow fights. Now, what is my schedule today? Ahh yes, a double lesson of Potions with my Slytherin fifth years, Potter and his gang. Not to mention an Occlumency lesson with Potter in the evening. As much as I enjoy seeing the boy squirm, I sincerely hope he's made an improvement on last time. Dumbledore will be most displeased if the wretched child hasn't. The fate of the Wizarding world rests on his shoulders and he has the audacity to behave as he wishes instead of taking sound advice from those who know better.

Now, should I shower or should I check that everything is set up accordingly for today’s lessons? The more pressing, I think. I must make sure I have the right quantities unlike last time. I almost became a laughing stock. Good thing I could blame Longbottom on having grabbed too much. Confound it, it's bloody freezing in these boxer shorts.

Severus gets out of bed wearing paisley green boxer shorts and draws a long black dressing robe around him. He nimbly slips on his black fuzzy bat slippers and makes his way to his wardrobe. He looks at his reflection appraisingly for a moment before rifling through the clothes rack on the inside of the wardrobe.

Should I wear my black linen robes with three gold waist buttons and velvet cape, or my black velvet robes with extra flared sleeves and green piped cloak?

He stands in front of the mirror and models both quickly before deciding upon the former. He dresses carefully but quickly, and puts his dark grey socks and black shoes to the side to put on after he has washed up. Snape quickly performs his ablutions, brushing his teeth and washing his hands, quickly bringing a comb through his hair and hurries to his dungeon. The wall is lined with shelves bearing odd and disgusting components used in various Potions, and Snape checks that he has enough of everything that he will be needing that day with meticulous care.

Good... good, everything is set just how I want it. Now time for breakfast. Bacon and eggs, or oatmeal?

Severus makes his way to the Hall. He carefully opens the front door to Hogwarts a fraction, making sure no one is looking as he does so. The crisp breeze coming from outside makes his cape billow impressively as he stands at the doorway to the Great Hall. He steps into the room looking about the rows of students, Gryffindors in particular, cultivating an oppressive and dominant expression. He surveys the students closely as he slowly walks forward.

"Macmillan, ten points off Hufflepuff, you know you are not supposed to be wearing earmuffs in doors," he barks commandingly whilst he walks up to the front table and his spot of authority as Head of Slytherin house. He flourishes a napkin, glaring down at the students, and brings a plate of bacon, eggs, fried tomato and fried bread in front of him.

Hmm, the bacon's nice and crispy but these eggs are too runny. It's probably because those House Elves are terrified of that hideous Umbridge woman. I almost wish I could poison her tea, but she's been very helpful to the Slytherins and I can hardly break my cover. She doesn't like Potter, so she's not all bad.

It is only when he goes to cross his legs that he realises he is still wearing his fuzzy bat slippers and horrified, transfigures them quickly, hoping no one has seen.

Bollocks.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1565