The Source of My Madness by fanficfanatic
Summary: Draco Malfoy has developed strange feelings for the new girl at Hogwarts, but the fact is she's Potter's girl. Her name is Amilia Navarre and shes driveing him crazy! Then one night they end up in detention together and he discovers that sometimes madness can be a good thing. One shot fic! R&R (I own nothing in this fic! Absolutly nothing! Emily Jones owns the O.C Amilia Navarre and Joe Rowling owns everything else ={ sad huh?)
Categories: Draco/Other Character Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1311 Read: 2038 Published: 03/02/05 Updated: 05/29/05

1. Why Her? Why Now? by fanficfanatic

Why Her? Why Now? by fanficfanatic
Source Of My Madness

Draco’s POV

+-+-+-+-+-+

She was always there now, in my dreams, in my thoughts. No matter how many times I tried I couldn't shake her off. When she walked past hand in hand with Potter I seethed. Worst of all when she looked at me with malice in her eyes it made me feel like running out of the room.

Jealousy wasn’t a new feeling for me. I had felt it when Pansy and Blaise were all over each other in the common room, but now I felt something else entirely. Sadness. My father would thrash me if he knew this so I tried my hardest to suppress this new feeling. I despised how pathetic it made me feel.

Now here I was heading to a detention with Snape and I had to spend it with her. One side of me was pleased with this but the other part wanted to skip it. I didn’t want to see those deep hazel eyes or have to resist the temptation to reach out and hold her close to me.

It had been really smart to throw a hot spoon full of Burning Boils Draft in Longbottom’s face when McGonagall entered the dungeons. Sadly Snape had given me a detention under that old bat’s gaze.

Surprisingly enough Navarre had pushed Millicent when she called Granger a Mudblood. Snape had handed out another detention that day.

It was all an honest mistake. I hadn’t known Navarre had a detention, but I wished that I had.

“Mr. Malfoy, inside please,” Snape said pulling me back into reality.

I was standing outside the Dungeon doors, my head stuck in the clouds. I took a quick look inside and saw that Amilia wasn’t there yet. Maybe she wasn’t going to be there at all.

Snape led me inside and I sat at one of the many empty desks and pulled out some parchment along with a green and silver quill.

“That won’t be needed Malfoy,” Snape replied to my gesture.

“But sir…?” I was cut of mid sentence by the scraping of the dungeon door. Standing in the doorway was of course my fellow detainee. She walked all the way across the room and sat down in another desk.

“Mr. Malfoy, Miss Navarre quills will not be necessary,” Snape said still not looking up from his pile of papers.

We both looked at him skeptically. What was he planning?

+-+-+-+-+-+

Amilia’s POV

Trudging up the wet grimy steps was one thing but with Malfoy it was much worse. (If that were possible!) Even when he was silent there was an air off superiority around him. When I did look at him all I saw was a huge arrogant grin on his face.

We were heading toward the Owlery and Snape’s menial labor detention. I knew we would be cleaning out owl dung up there. Why else would we be serving detention under Filtch’s watchful eyes?

As we drew nearer the smells grew stronger and soon we were standing on a floor covered in droppings. Filtch was there of course to watch us scrub.

“Well here are gloves and soapy water, get started,” he explained gruffly. He picked up Mrs. Norris from the floor and began to walk out.

“Wait Mr. Filtch!” I called to him, in an almost pleading voice.

“What?” he said sounding irritated.

“Aren’t you going to stay?’ I asked feeling helpless.

“No, not with Peeves around,” he mumbled walking away without an explanation

“Well aren’t you lucky?” Malfoy questioned sounding smug, “You get to spend the whole night with me!” he finished the arrogant smile still on his face.

“Yes, lucky alright!” I yelled throwing a dirty rag at him.

+-+-+-+-+-+
Draco’s POV

She was only a few feet away from me scrubbing the almost immaculate floor. We had been down on our hands and knees for about three hours and I was sick of it. The only perk was being near her.

Not once all night had she smiled or laughed, a grimace remained on her angelic face. I wanted more than anything to kiss her, but I knew if I even tried I would get a firm slap. On the first night of school she had given into my charm, but only momentarily.

She had slapped me then though, so I kept my distance. Suddenly she looked up at my anger in her eyes.

“Stop staring Malfoy!” she yelled scooting away from me.

“Staring at you?” I said haughtily. “Ha, very funny!”

She picked up her scrubber and stood up. The hems of her robes were covered in filth as were mine. Walking slowly she reached the bucket full of dirty water.

“I think were done,” she said observing the area. I saw a bit of happiness in her eyes that warmed me inside.

She tried to pick up the heavy bucket with no avail. Then the bucket tipped and water spilled all over the floor.

“Oh no!” she groaned, “I forgot my wand!”

‘Here I’ll help,” I offered taking out my wand.

“Thanks,” she said looking at me suspiciously.

“Oh you think I’m doing this to help you?” I asked sounding smug again. I regretted my statement immediately.

“Typical Malfoy,” she said looking at my in disgust “Every time I think your actually a normal human being you go and change my mind!”

She turned on her heel and stomped off. I watched her go as anger boiled inside me. Then I cracked. I ran after her wildly not stopping for anything when I was close to her I yelled,

“Going back to Potty then?” as loud as I could. “You know he’s nothing more than a coward with a scar?”

With that final statement she turned around and began walking slowly back to me. When she reached me she stopped.

“Don’t you ever say that about him,” she said calmly “He’s twice the man you are,”

I grabbed her wrists ruthlessly and pulled her up towards me.

“Potter more of a man than me,” I growled “Never,”

She looked scared at first but then her face wasn’t readable. Her eyes looked as if she was staring into space.

I loosened my grip on her wrists and kissed her softly on the lips. She looked up at me shocked that I could be so kind.

“Malfoy, I don’t…” I cut her off kissing her again. This time she responded after a few seconds of resisting my affections.

As I kissed her all the madness washed away land I got my sanity back. She was in my arms and I could feel her close to me, her heart beating.

She was trembling, not out of fear but most likely shock. I put my hands in her now tangled hair and placed small kissed along her collarbone.

Then she pushed me away. I looked at her and saw tears streaming down her face.

“I can’t,” she whispered “I just can’t,” tears were welled up in her eyes now.

I felt a knife go through my heart. “Why?” I asked wanting to cry myself.

“Because, every time I’m around you I feel like I’m going insane, and I can't do this to Harry,” she answered backing away. “But I’ll always remember this,” were her final words.

+-+-+-+-+-+

As I walked back to the common room I considered this. She would never know that she in fact the source of my madness or that being away from her kept me sane.

It was all so complicated, but still madness could be a good thing...sometimes. Like tonight for instance but who knows? Tomorrow was another day and madness could be cured. Right?



THE END
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=15816