In Each Other by fiskehandler
Summary: A body-swap between Ron and Hermione might bring them closer together, than they think. A humorous story for all of you who like movies such as Freaky Friday and Vice Versa.
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 4589 Read: 17308 Published: 11/11/04 Updated: 11/28/04

1. Hermione's Ring by fiskehandler

2. You Think, You Can Be Me? by fiskehandler

3. The Chapter with the Fight at the End by fiskehandler

4. Freya Altera by fiskehandler

Hermione's Ring by fiskehandler
Discalimer: I do not own Harry Potter characters, they're JKR's.



One of the last days of the summer was drawing to a close. School had already started, and three teenagers were sitting alone in the Gryffindor common room, doing their homework. Well, actually the two boys were doing their homework, and the girl was knitting socks for the house elves.

The red-headed boy finally realised that he had nothing else to add to his Potions' essay, put his quill down, turned his head to the other boy, and asked "So, Harry, how did it go with that girl I saw you talking to today?"

"Bad! I couldn't say a word, I kept stuttering!" the boy answered putting down his own quill.

"Bad luck, mate!"

The girl stopped knitting, and said to the boy with the glasses, "Honestly, Harry, there's nothing to worry about, either she rejects you, or she doesn’t."

"Well, it's easier for you, isn't it, Hermione? You're a girl, girls don't ask boys out, they are asked out!" argued the red-headed boy.

"Easier? You think that being a girl is easier than being a boy?"

"As a matter of fact, I do!"

"Ron, you wouldn't last one day in a girl's body, I guarantee you!"

"And you think, you can last longer in a boy's body?"

"Of course." she proudly announced and went back to her knitting.

"Can you believe her?" Ron asked Harry, but Harry too busy in his own essay didn't answer. Ron gathered his things and stood up. "I'm going to bed, it's getting late. Good night!" he said to his friends, and slowly climbed the staircase, leading to the boys' dormitory.

A few minutes later, Harry finished his essay, and feeling too tired, decided to go to bed as well. "Night, Hermione!" he yawned, and left her alone in the common room. Hermione looked at how many socks she had finished knitting, and decided that it would be better for the house elves if she forced herself to stay up at least until midnight.

A few hours later Hermione stopped knitting the final sock for the night. She looked proudly at the pile that was now standing on top of the table, and thought of all the house elves that would be liberated after she had fallen asleep. Too tired to climb up to her dormitory, she remembered the little argument she had with Ron earlier. "I wish Ron and I could change places for just one day, so he could see how hard it actually is to be me!" she sighed and right after that she fell asleep on the comfortable armchair. Suddenly a ring on her hand glowed very bright, and some writings in an unknown language appeared on it.

The following morning, Ron woke up in the common room, sitting in an armchair. What was going on, he had no memory of having fallen asleep here. He caught a glimpse of his hair. But it didn't look like his hair. It was long, and brown, and bushy. He reached to pick it up with his hands, so he could have a better look at it. But then he realised that his hands were softer and smaller than they normally were. Those were not his hands. He looked down at his body, and saw that it actually wasn't his body; it was the body of a girl! What was going on here? Was he dreaming? "Ouch!" he exclaimed. No! He wasn't. The pinch had hurt, so it wasn't a dream at all. What was going on then? Whose body was that, if not his? He quickly got up from the armchair, and made his way to the bathroom. There in front of the mirror, he saw Hermione's face.

"Bloody hell!" Hermione's voice echoed throughout the bathroom. "That's Hermione’s voice!" he exclaimed! Well, of course it was. If he looked like Hermione, then he definitely should have sounded like her too. "I wonder..." he said, looking into his bosom. "Nice!"

"What are you doing?" Ron turned around to see Parvati Patil standing right behind him.

"Hi, Parvati" he muttered. "How are you? Are you feeling a bit different? Feeling like... I don't know... like you're not you?"

"No!" she answered. "I'm fine, thank you."

"Okay then. Good for you!" he exclaimed and got out of the bathroom. Parvati stayed there, still staring in amazement at the place Hermione had been seconds ago. She of course had often heard her reciting chapters from "Hogwarts, A History" while sleeping. She had often seen her stay up until late knitting socks for God knows who. But she had never before seen her admiring her chest.

Upon returning to the common room, Ron met his body waiting for him in an armchair near the fireplace. It turned to him and asked, "Ron, what are we going to do?"

"Who are you? How do you know who I am?" he asked on his own turn, sitting on the comfortable armchair next to his body.

"Well, don't you think it makes sense that if you're in my body, I should be in yours?"

"Hermione?"

"Yes!"

"When did you get up?"

"Hours ago! I've been in the library, trying to find something that could help us."

"And?"

"Well... There's this kind of transfiguration: Body-swappers. But I don't think it will help us!"

"Why not?"

"It's harder than becoming an animagus. It takes years to become a body-swapper. And besides, we both have to be such, to be able to change back into each other"

“What about polyjuice potion.”

“It takes a month to be completed, and besides it will only work for several hours.”

"Do you even have any idea how we ended up in each others bodies in the first place?"

"No."

"What are we going to do?"

"Maybe we should go and tell Professor Dumbledore."

"I don't think we should tell anyone. They'll think we're crazy!"

"Maybe you're right. I've never read of people changing their bodies just like that." she agreed. Suddenly her eye caught something on Ron's hand. Her ring was different than the day before, it had writings on it. "What's wrong with my ring?"

"You have a ring?" Ron said in disbelief and looked at his hand. There really was a ring on one of his fingers. "I've never seen it before, is it new?"

"My parents sent it to my for my birthday, said they bought it from an antique store." she answered. "I usually don't wear jewelry, but they insisted on it! Let me have a closer look at it, it didn't use to have any writings before!"

Ron removed the ring from his finger and gave it to Hermione. She stared at for several seconds, and then picked up her quill, which was still on the table, and copied all the writings on a little note. "I haven't seen such writing before, but I might be able to find something in the library." The bell rang. "It's seven o'clock," she observed after looking at her watch "breakfast is going to start soon. Come on, let’s go!"



A/N: This is my first fanfiction, more chapters to come. Please R&R.
You Think, You Can Be Me? by fiskehandler
A/N: Thanks for all the positive reviews, here's the second chapter, and the third is half-way there, so next update we'll be sooner!

Disclaimer: Harry Potter characters are not mine, they're JKR's.




"Oh, Ron, before you go, I think we should switch our wands."

"Why?"

"Well, even though you're in my body, you'll still do magic better with your own wand!"

"Well, all right then. Here, take it!"

The Great Hall was full of children, waiting for the breakfast to start. Hermione and Ron were sitting on the Gryffindor table, opposite each other, not speaking. Hermione saw Harry entering the Great Hall. "Look, it's Harry!" she told Ron.

"Should we tell him?" he asked.

"Of course not! Wasn't you who said that people will think we're crazy?"

"Yes, but he's our friend!"

"I don't think it's a good idea!"

"Fine!"

"Ron, I just spoke to Katie. She said that there would be Quidditch tryouts today, and that she was not very convinced of your performance as a keeper, so she'd like to test your skills. She wants to see whether she wants you back on the team, or not." Harry said sitting down next to Ron (or what he thought was Ron, but was actually Hermione).

Hermione looked at Ron with an "I can't play Quidditch, what am I going to do?" expression on her face. Ron looked at Hermione with a "You can't play Quidditch, what am I going to do?" expression on his face.

"So, you'll play, won't you?" Harry broke the silence.

"Er.. Sure! I'll play!" Hermione answered.

The first lesson for the day was Double Transfigurations. Harry was sitting with Ron (Hermione in fact), and the real Ron, just behind them, with Parvati, who was still looking at him suspiciously. She was now thinking that Hermione might have decided to give up on boys. If Ron knew her suspicions, he wouldn’t have wondered why she was trying to stand as far away from him as she could.

"So, who here can tell me the differences between being transfigured by another wizard into an animal and being an animagus?" asked Professor McGonagall. Instantly Hermione's hand shot up in the air. "Yes, Mr. Weasley?"

"Another witch or wizard could transfigure you into an animal of his own choice, the animagus however turns into an animal which reflects his or hers personality. Furthermore an animagus can change back into his or her human form whenever he wants. However, if you are turned into an animal by another wizard, you cannot break the spell by yourself!" Hermione explained as the class was staring at her in amazement. It was possible for Ron to know the answer of the question asked, but to answer it in such a way, now that was extraordinary!

"Very good, Mr. Weasley," McGonagall said "five points for Gryffindor!"

"Ron are you alright?" Harry whispered. "You don't talk normally like that!"

"What are you doing?" Ron whispered.

"Answering the question? Making you look good? Pick a favourite!"

"Well, next time, try more casual. We don't want anybody to understand we're in each other remember?"

"Fine!"

"Granger, Weasley, this is very serious material, please do pay attention!" ordered McGonagall.

The rest of the lesson went very well. If you exclude McGonagall's amazement at the fact that Hermione couldn't turn Parvati in a porcupine, but Ron managed to turn Harry into a cat with the first wave of his wand, that is.

"I would like to make an announcement before you leave." Professor McGonagall said at the end of the lesson. "Professor Flitwick is ill today, and since no one could replace him for the next two lessons, you won't have Double Charms today."

"Excellent, Hermione, this will give me time to teach you how to play Quidditch!" Ron whispered to Hermione.

"Oh, Great!" she said, rolling her eyes. "Actually I think we should go to the library--"

"Why would you want to go to the library, Ron?" Harry asked. "I think we should use the free time to practice Quidditch!"

"Well I... OK. Fine. Let's play Quidditch!"

"Excellent!" exclaimed Ron.

"Hermione, are you all right?" Harry asked.

"Yes, I'm fine." Ron answered, and to convince him, he added Hermione's trademark, "Honestly, Harry, I'm fine!"

Harry and Ron spent the following hour and a half tossing quaffles at Hermione. She probably saved three or four, but overall it went bad.

"Ron, what's the matter with you, I know you can play much better than that!" encouraged her Harry.

"Well I'm... I'm not feeling very good!"

"Come on, we'll be late for Divination." Ron said.

"Hermione, you quit Divination three years ago, remember?" Harry asked.

"Oh. Yeah that's right."

"You meant that we'll be late for Divination, but you’ll be late for Ancient Runes, right R-Hermione?" said Hermione.

"Yeah, yeah that's what I meant"

As they entered the castle, Ron pulled Hermione aside, "I have a problem!"

"Just write everything important and try not to answer any questions." she explained.

"No, not about Ancient Runes, it's something about you!"

"Ron, are you coming?" asked Harry, who was now several feet ahead of them.

"You go, I'll catch you up." said Hermione, and when Harry continued, she whispered to Ron, "What?"

"I have a problem."

"What kind of problem?"

"I think it's the kind of problem you have every month!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"OK, come with me, and hurry!"

She led him into the girls' bathroom turned to him, and said, "Now, muggle women usually use--"

"Just cut the introduction, and tell me what to do!"

"OK, then!" she sighed. Couldn't he for once share the pain with her? Hermione reached into her bag, the one on Ron's back, and pulled out something cloth-like, then she put some spell on it, and gave it to Ron. "Here, take this, get in this cubicle, and I'll go get you some new clothes." she told him and got out of the bathroom. Then, she made her way to the Gryffindor common room, and started climbing the staircase, leading to the girls' dormitory. But of course she didn't arrive at her destination, because boys are not allowed in the girls' dormitory.

"So where are the clothes?" Ron asked her, when she came back.

"Well, I can't go in my own dormitory anymore, so you'll have to get them yourself. My bed is the nearest to the door. There are extra robes in the wardrobe next to it." she explained.
The Chapter with the Fight at the End by fiskehandler
Disclaimer: Harry Potter characters, story, etc. - not mine!
Harry Potter characters, story, etc. - JKR's!




"Look, Hermione, I'm sorry I saw your--" started Ron.

"Oh, it's OK, we're even!" said Hermione.

"Oh, OK then. Wait, what?"

"I saw you naked too."

"What? Wh-wh-why? H-h-how come?" he stuttered.

"Well, I really, really had to go to the bathroom this morning!"

"You don't need to take a shower every day!"

"Not shower, Ron. I had an urge!"

"Oh, OK, it was bound to happen!" he said, then got out of the bathroom, and headed for the Gryffindor common room.

A few minutes later, Ron got out of the Gryffindor tower and headed for his first ever Ancient Runes lesson. The bell rang, which meant he was going to be late with one or two minutes. Where was the room? Hermione had said something about the second room in the third corridor on the left on the second floor. Or was it the second corridor on the right? Was it the central corridor on the third floor? After wandering for about twenty-five minutes, trying different combinations, he finally gave up.

Meanwhile at Divination, after Professor Trelawney made a couple of predictions that a boy with an untidy hair and green eyes was going to die, she suddenly turned to Hermione and said, "My dear, what has happened to you? Are you feeling alright?"

"I'm fine!" she answered.

"Are you sure?"

"Honestly, Professor Trelawney, I'm fine!"

"I just have this feeling, that I'm speaking to someone else today, that this body is not yours!"

"How do you--" started Hermione, but stopped, realising what she was about to say. "What are you talking about?" she corrected herself.

"You are not Harry!"

"That's right! I'm Harry!" agreed Harry, who was sitting right next to Hermione.

"Oh, you're right." she said in a lower voice, backed out, returned to her desk and continued, "Anyway we shall continue our lesson!"

Hermione wasn't very sure that Professor Trelawney had really mistaken Ron for Harry, or actually knew what had happened. No she couldn't know what had happened. She was a fraud, and Hermione couldn't understand why Harry and Ron were wasting their time with such a subject as Divination, so she turned to Harry and asked "Why are you... I mean why do we continue to attend Divination?"

"It's fun! Would you prefer Ancient Runes?"

"Yes! I mean no, I wouldn't. It's probably very boring!"

Finally the bell rang, and the lesson was over. "I just hope this is the last Divination lesson I've had" muttered Hermione under her breath, so Harry wouldn't hear her, and headed with him to the Great Hall for lunch.

When Ron entered the Great Hall, Hermione and Harry were already there. He saw Parvati walking in his direction and greeted her, "Hey, Parvati, how was Divination?" Parvati though got the impression that what she thought was Hermione now was trying to flirt with her, turned around in the opposite direction and dashed into Lavender who was walking right behind her. She lost balance and fell over the Ravenclaw table. "Maybe she switched with Neville." Ron muttered to himself. Then he made his way to Hermione, and sat next to her.

"So, Hermione, how was Ancient Runes?" asked Hermione.

"Well, I... Er... I couldn't find the room."

"You what?!" she almost shouted. "I told you the first door on the left in the second corridor on the right on the third floor. How hard could it be?"

"How do you know where Ancient Runes are?" Harry asked, surprised. "And why do you care if Hermione missed a lesson? If she's not mad, why should you be?"

"Well, I just don't want her to fail."

"Hermione never fails, right?" he asked Ron.

"Right!"

"OK then, for a moment there I thought you were going to start fighting again."

The first lesson after lunch was double potions with Slytherin. "Now this potion includes a very rare substance, root of Indian pine, they're almost extinct." said Professor Snape. "Luckily, I have some, so I've put a flask containing a quarter milligram of it on your desk, this should be enough to make your potions work." As usual with Potions, it didn't go very good for Ron, his potion exploded, and so did Neville's, because Ron was trying to help him, something usually Hermione does. This time it didn't go well for her either though. She lost her root of Indian Pine, which caused her 60 points from Gryffindor.

"How could you?" she said to Ron after the lesson was over. "Can't you do anything right?"

"What are you talking about, did I lose your root?"

"It's not unusual for you to lose something, but you have been embarrassing me all day. First you didn't attend Ancient Runes, then your potion exploded, then you made Neville's potion explode..."

"So, it's about Neville, isn't it?"

"It's not about Neville, it's about you, trying to be me, and failing it!"

"Well, it's not very easy being you, Hermione! I don't know everything!"

"I wonder who told me last night it was easy to be me!"

"I said it was easy to be a girl, not you!"

"Are you saying I'm not a girl?"

"Have you looked in the mirror recently?"

"You know, Ron, this is just like you! You never appreciate what I do for you! You're always making fun of me! You never see me as a girl! Honestly, what am I hoping for?" she said, bursting into tears, and ran away.

"What the bloody hell did I say now?"

Ron had a lot of time to think at what he had said. He had offended Hermione, even though he had no intentions of doing it. He looked at his time-table, his next and last lesson for the day was Arithmancy. At least he knew where that was. One time the previous year, he waited for Hermione in front of the room to ask her out for Valentine's Day. He didn't have the guts to do it though, and then Angelina announced there would be quidditch practice that particular day.



A/N: Thanks for the reviews. Next chapter by the end of the week.
Freya Altera by fiskehandler
A/N: Thanks for the reviews, this is the final chapter. I promise my next fiction will be longer, and that I'll write it fastrer!

Disclaimer: JK Rowling created the Harry Potter characters, and she owns them, I don't, and I'm not her!




Ron entered the Arithmancy classroom, and sat on one of the last desks. As he sat down, he felt that the enchanted cloth, used to absorb his menstruation was soaking wet, and was now wetting his skin. His panties however were dry. The bell rang, Professor Vector entered the room, and said, "Good afternoon, everyone! We shall begin the lesson now."

"Hope it's not anything important!" muttered Ron.

"Today, we're going to have a very important lesson."

"Great!"

Hermione wiped away her tears and entered the library. She gathered a couple of books, among them: "Famous Ring and how to Recognise them"; "Broken Wands and What Happened to them"; "Advanced Charms"; "Advanced Potions"; "Advanced Transfigurations"; etc., and put them down on one of the desks. Then she took off her bag, and saw that there was a small flask containing root of Indian pine on it. "There it is. I haven't lost it!" She opened her bag and put it inside, "It might come in handy." Then she started reading one of the books. Halfway through it, she suddenly stopped, "This is it!" She looked at her clock and said, "Oh I'm going to be late for the tryouts. Better hurry!" Then she stormed out of the library. As she got up from her seat, one of the books fell on the floor, and opened on the following page:


"The Ring of Freya Altera

"Freya Altera was a young witch/alchemist who lived in ancient times. She specialised in developing alternatives to wands. One of her most successful works was a ring. This ring however did not work, even though according to her calculations, it should have. She couldn't cast the simplest of spells with it. Shortly after creating the ring Freya began acting weird. She claimed she was not Freya, that she was Arthur, her best friend. Arthur on the other hand claimed he was Freya. This however did not last long. When Arthur and Freya married a year later, Freya claimed that the ring made them switch bodies, and switched them back, only after they confessed their non-platonic love to each other. She also claimed that the ring would work that way for every couple that have not yet confessed their love to each other. However, the ring was lost before her claim could be proven."


Alongside the text there was a drawing of the ring, with some writings on it. The ring looked just like the one Hermione's parents had bought her for her birthday. Below the drawing, there was a text that said:


"According to Freya these writings, on the picture above, appeared on the ring when she switched with Arthur, and disappeared, when they switched back."


The bell rang. Ron got out of the Arithmancy class room, and headed to the Gryffindor Tower. He walked to the portrait of the fat lady, said the password, and found himself in the Gryffindor common room. Near the fire were sitting Dean, Seamus and Neville.

"Hey, can you tell me where I can find Ron?" he asked them.

"Isn't he at the Quidditch tryouts?" Neville said.

"He is? Well, thanks."

Meanwhile, Hermione exited the Quidditch field, and started looking for Ron. She didn't have to look for him long, because he was headed in her direction. When she saw him, she ran to him yelling, "I did it! I did it! You're on the team! I saved 85% per cent of the shots!"

"You did it? But, how?" he asked.

"Well, you know how you need quick reflexes to be a keeper, right? But what if in stead of quick reflexes, you had more time?"

"You'd do better!"

"And what if there's a potion allowing you to think faster for an hour, thus time flying slower for you? And what if this potion is so hard to be made that you need the rare root of Indian pine to make it, and you just happened to find one in your bag, you thought it was lost?"

"Hermione, that's great, thank you, thank you so much!"

She blushed at his words and they both looked down for a moment.

"Er... Hermione.. There was a really important lesson today at Arithmancy--"

Hermione's face turned serious. "So what did you do?"

"Well," he began, reaching into his bag, "I wrote it for you. And I mean everything." he continued pulling out 4 rolls of parchment. "Every single word Professor Vector said!"

"Oh, Ron!" she said, leant down, and kissed him on the cheek. As her head began to move away from his cheek, he instinctively moved his head a bit in her directions, and incidentally touched her lips with his. They stayed like that for a second, looking into each other's eyes. Then they closed their eyes and pushed their lips together in a passionate kiss.

Hermione moved her mouth to his ear and whispered, "You have no idea how many times I've wanted to do this!"

"You're not the only one!" he replied in her ear.

They closed their eyes again and started kissing. Suddenly Hermione felt that she was not kissing someone shorter than her anymore. It felt like she was kissing someone taller. Ron was feeling exactly the opposite. They stepped away from each other, and for the first time that day Hermione saw Ron, and Ron saw Hermione. They had switched back.
“Ron, you should have put the absorber with the enchanted way up. This way both your skin, and the cloth stay dry!”

“Oh, sorry!”

“It’s okay!” she said, and kissed him again.

Hermione entered the common room carrying a big book. Only Ron was inside, the rest of the Gryffindors were at the dinner. She sat down next to him opened the book at the page that described the story of Freya's ring and pointed it to him. "Seems like we've found her ring, doesn't it?" she asked after he finished reading.

"Yeah, but it doesn't matter anymore! The only thing that matter is that we're finally together!" he said, and started kissing her.

At that exact moment Harry, Neville, Dean, Seamus, Parvati and Lavender entered the common room.

"About time!" Harry said. They broke the kiss, turned to them, and smiled, embarrassed.

"Oh, thank God!" muttered Parvati to herself.




Please R&R!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1674