Wednesday Morning Three AM by Bellatrix Lovegood
Summary: A little songfic about love that is fated to end. Based on the song "Wednesday Morning Three AM" by Simon and Garfunkel. Warning: may bring tears (it did to the author!) One shot.
Categories: Draco/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 793 Read: 1648 Published: 03/16/05 Updated: 03/16/05

1. One-Shot by Bellatrix Lovegood

One-Shot by Bellatrix Lovegood
Wednesday Morning, Three AM

I can hear the soft breathing
Of the girl that I love


Draco Malfoy lay hardly daring to breathe next to the girl he loved more than anything in the world. She lay in the crook of his arm, dreaming of him. His lips caressed her face gently and in her sleep Ginevra Weasley smiled.

As she lies here beside me
Asleep with the night


Tears escaped his eyes and he pulled her tighter to him, feeling her warm body against his. The memory of their first kiss tormented him, almost as much as the memory of all the other ones. He buried his face in her hair and wept.

And her hair in a fine mist
Floats on my pillow


Her hair. If there was one thing about Ginevra Weasley that Draco loved the most it was her hair. It was full of the fire that had finally come into life in his weak soul after she had kissed him. His emotions yearned to hold her to him for every night of the rest of her life, and yet he knew it was not possible.

Reflecting the glow
Of the winter moonlight.


Her mocking mouth tormented him, curved in the innocence of sleep. As she slept, the creases that life in the aftermath of the war brought disappeared, though sometimes she cried out with nightmares. He often wished he could smooth away the crinkles in her forehead and bring back the innocence and vigor of youth that had once possessed her, but knew it was not possible. At only twenty, Ginevra Weasley had seen too many demonic things to ever smile with the same light again.

She is soft, she is warm
But my heart remains heavy


Despair filled Draco Malfoy’s heart and he pulled her as close to him as possible. In her sleep she rolled over and her arms went around his waist, caressing his bare skin. He shuddered at her touch in delight and pain.

As I watch her breasts
Gently rise, gently fall


He touched her naked skin, watching with a sad joy the goose bumps his touch brought. She moaned softly in her sleep, as his lips danced up and down her arm.

For I know with the first light of Dawn
I’ll be leaving


Silent sobs rocked his body as he pulled her into a little ball, trying to drink in her beautiful scent, of honey and cinnamon and love. She was warm and comfortable, yet often she was passionate and furious- like the love they shared, she was unpredictable.

And tonight will be
All I have left to recall.


She stirred slightly and he quieted her tears as he realised she must be having yet another nightmare. Her eyelashes fluttered yet she did not wake, and Draco Malfoy lay filled with remorse as he thought of the betrayal he was soon to make.

My life seems unreal
My promise an illusion


He thought despairingly of ways he could get out of the promise he had made only a year ago, but he knew he could not without forfeiting her life. His meant nothing to himself, and Lucius Malfoy knew that. But once more the Dark Lord was rising, as Harry Potter had not completely defeated him but only banished him, and this time the Boy Who Lived would not be there to save the world.

A scene badly written,
In which I must play


And his father had hunted him down and made him swear that he would become a Death Eater; unless of course he wished for Ginevra Weasley to be murdered. He knew the only way to keep her safe from the inevitable conquering of the Dark Lord would be to have a Death Eater among the ranks who would not let her be killed. Thus was the bargain he had made in exchange for her life.

Yet I know as I gaze
At my young love beside me


At the knock on the door he kissed her gently once more and rose out of bed, pulling on clothes as he did so. Swirling the black cape around his neck, he fixed on the black mask as Ginevra Weasley stirred. Her eyes flickered open for a moment and saw him, filling with fear before she drifted back to sleep. ‘Just a bad dream, my love,’ he whispered as he left.

The morning is only a few hours away.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=17076