Events Foretold by deeh
Summary: One-shot: A thousand years into the future and still the story of their love lives on. The mere fairytale of a love that had been found and renowned throughout the ages between a couple that defied all reason. But is it true?
Categories: Hermione/Draco Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 6496 Read: 1598 Published: 03/18/05 Updated: 03/18/05

1. Events Foretold by deeh

Events Foretold by deeh
Disclaimer: I don't own anything of the Harry Potter Universe, J.K owns that. The day you see Satan icesakting outside your house is the day you can maybe believe I own it.




It happened long ago, in a time of prejudice, evil and war. Long ago in a time where such a love was forbidden. Was a time when the world was ravaged by the one named Lord Voldemort and his faithful followers- the Death Eaters. Even in these times now, the old and wise still fear to speak his name in fear of the horrid memories of Death and Destruction. But yet still a love had been given a chance to grow, blossom and bloom even amidst all the sadness and terror that love had survived. A love so great the Events Foretold even today.

“And so now I tell you my audience as you travel to your slumber a tale, the tale of the greatest romance that had ever been perceived this millennia.”

The audience in the room of Three Broomsticks, which was filled to breaking that night, listened intently. The patrons came there that day for it was the day, the anniversary of the downfall of Lord Voldemort. This day was also the day for when the legend had begun.

The woman began to tell her tale. “It was their seventh year at the school, Hogwarts and the war was raging on death, destruction and sorrow shrouded the students as they tried desperately to continue on with their normal lives. But obviously it was impossible, a task they failed miserably for every week there was a mass murder a death of a parent or family member and everyday there would be young teenagers crying in the halls. The boy had come from the Dark Side, he was one of the richest and revered purebloods of the age his family the Malfoy family still live on to this day, he was Draco Malfoy. The only Son and Heir to the infamous Lucius Malfoy known Death Eater and one of the most resourceful and powerful men of the age. The high society family had strict family honour, values and was greatly prejudiced with the mudblood, half-blood, pure-blood topic. Draco was raised with these beliefs of hating muggles and muggleborns. He entered Hogwarts with these false values, a huge ego and arrogance just like he was taught.

The girl on the other hand was a muggleborn child. The brightest and most humble witch of her year she had come from the Light Side, and she was of course part of the infamous golden trio in Hogwarts a best friend of Harry Potter- The Boy Who Lived. She came from a muggle background and was brought up to be a muggle she led a simple life until the Great War began. This girl was Hermione Granger. She was not prejudiced at all she believed in fairness and equality, she did not believe in racial accusations. She was a headstrong opinionated woman who voiced her opinions and made sure she was heard, she did this whenever she believed she was right which was usually all the time.

So how did the opposites of the Earth come together? But why of course opposites attract. Two extremely headstrong intelligent minds had come together and two willing hearts combined to one. Now it all started the day a certain muggle grandmother and a certain pureblooded witch were brutally murdered…”


Flashback

He walked swiftly through the corridors, he stormed up steps anger, hurt and emotion reflected in his blue-grey eyes. His footsteps rang through the quiet halls as everything was still, in the dead of the night. His lips were set in one straight hard line, face full of sheer determination. He was determined to reach one place where he could be alone, where he could be himself where he could release all the anger and pressure that had been built up upon him all those years. Right now he didn’t care if the caretaker Argus Filch had caught him. His world was a blurred mass filled with nothing but hate, pride and evil. And finally he had reached his destination an isolated place secluded from the rest of the school where he usually came to sit and think underneath the pale light of the stars “ The Astronomy Tower.

~*~

She bid goodbye to her friends and stealthily walked through the portrait hole. They had not questioned her motives, with one look into her eyes they knew not to ask, she hadn’t told them what had happened she simply pursed her lips, kept her mouth shut and forced the tears back. As soon as she stepped out of the tower she broke out into a run, she ran- where? She didn’t know, at that moment nothing seemed logic to her nothing felt right she just followed wherever her footsteps would take her. She twisted and turned through empty corridors and silent halls. She stopped in front of a familiar door, the entrance to a place she knew oh so well, The Library. She needed to be alone and that was her only request, not to be disturbed but just to be left alone. Panting she tried the Library doors. They would not open for it was the midnight hour and it would be locked. She tried them over and over again desperately hoping they would open. She thought the Library as a Sanctuary a safe haven where people knew not to disturb her. But for now all that solitude was hidden behind closed doors, literally. She tried them for one last time though she knew it was useless, her hands slipped from the door handles and she leaned on the door. She dipped through her memory attempting to recall one place in the castle where she could be secluded, safe and free. She again broke off into a mad run hoping that if she ran far enough, that she would run off the edge of the Earth. She ran as fast as she could until she reached the door, the door of The Astronomy Tower.
She heard silent tears as she opened the door it was not someone that she ever expected to see. His head turned quickly as he heard the door creak open, his eyes displayed much emotion, yet no hostility for at that moment he was too tired to argue.

"Granger"

"Malfoy"

“What are you doing here? Please just get out, I came here first. Now can you please just leave.”

At that point she just couldn’t take it any more it overwhelmed her and she couldn’t take it any more, she just wanted to get out. And that’s when she let the tears fall, she didn’t hold them back she didn’t want to. She didn’t care any more, nothing mattered and all she could do was cry.

End of Flashback


“…And that was how it started how the love began. They hated each other for seven years but in that brief defining moment it had all changed. Changed for the better, it all had changed that moment when fate had interfered and passions changed. That night had changed their views of each other, feelings shifted and they had come to an understanding, a mutual agreement. They both were there for each other when they were the most vulnerable, when they needed each other the most and they were there. That night the match had been struck and the flame ignited. So as the weeks flew by they sometimes coincidentally met each other at The Astronomy Tower on different nights and on different occasions. But would coincidentally be the word? Perhaps another word, Fate may be? From then on they got to know each other better and had taken part in a secret friendship, but their subconscious could say more. Half way through seventh year, Voldemort’s attacks became more evident and much, much worse. A Hogsmeade weekend only the most daring dared to go, most thought it safe to stay in the castle and oh how right they were. Known for their Gryffindor traits some of them ventured off to the magical town oblivious of the attack that was about to take place.

It was a kidnapping of all muggleborn students, most had been fearful to go to Hogsmeade under the obvious circumstances, but Hermione chose to go with her friends Harry and Ron not knowing what type of danger she had put herself in. Most had strongly advised them not to go. Even the teachers had strongly recommended that they not go, but it was their choice and they had consent. Harry needed more materials for the DA sessions and Ron and Hermione had been right there beside him. They were just about to leave Hogsmeade when…”


Flashback

It was cool Winter’s day and Hermione felt a shiver down her spine. She had the dreaded tingling sensation in her stomach, one that made her feel as if she were watched. They stepped out onto the empty streets of Hogsmeade, they were deserted due to the fear of the wrath of The Dark Lord. They rounded a corner when she thought she saw a flicker of a moving shadow. It lasted a fraction of a second but still she couldn’t help but feel as if she was being watched.

“Guys…” she peeped “I have a really bad feeling about this…” Harry turned around and his eyes started darting around suspiciously. He and Ron did this for a few minutes before finally deciding it was safe. Harry turned to speak to her.

“Hermione’s there’s nothing-” Out of nowhere a black figure leaped out of the shadows and pounced on Harry pinning him down to the floor. Harry’s wand laid a few metres away and completely out of reach, Hermione squealed and Ron made an attempt to attack the Death Eater but ended up being pinned down by another. As the boys struggled to get out of their grasp, their attempts were in vain for Hermione was already taken…in a mere five minutes the boys were left standing completely helpless and alone in the streets of Hogsmeade while Hermione, God knows what type of danger she was in.

By the next morning the whole school had heard the shocking news and Draco Malfoy couldn’t of been more furious. The minute he heard the news he knew exactly what happened, his father had talked about the very plan but never had he thought they’d kidnap Hermione. He stormed out of the Slytherin common room pushing and shoving people as he made his way up to the Headmaster’s office. He knew the passwords so there was nothing stopping him not even the teachers. The door flew open with large BANG! As he entered, most of the faculty members were already there and jumped, startled at his entrance.

“Where is she!?” he asked, well more like demanded. He practically screamed it. The Professors remained silent as Dumbledore spoke up.

“Please Mr. Malfoy kindly wait for our announcement, if we receive any information about Miss Granger’s whereabouts we shall inform you immediately, now if you please wait like the other students.”

“That’s not good enough! You should have found her by now! Who knows what they could have done to her! For all we know she could be…” His voice trailed off in realisation at his own words. No, she couldn’t be dead, no.

Professor McGonagall looked away as she looked as if she was about to cry. Snape stepped forward and looked at him straight in the eye.

“Obviously Mr. Malfoy the place where they have hidden her is heavily guarded by the most powerful protection and anti-detection spells, perhaps every one known to wizardkind now unless you have information on her whereabouts or if you know of such a place with these safety measures please kindly leave.”

The hint had been entirely too obvious, Of Course! Why hadn’t I thought of this before? Frustration and suspense mounted as Draco realised the one and only place they could have taken her. He briskly walked towards the fireplace, the same kind of determination set in his face like when he first saw her in The Astronomy Tower. That memory sparked a new hope inside of him and motivated him to save her. He grabbed a handful of green sand and threw it into the fireplace.

“Mr. Malfoy just what do you’re doing?!” McGonagall screamed but he ignored her completely.

“MALFOY MANOR!” He stepped into the flickering green flames. In seconds he was gone, the teachers were too shocked and bewildered to be quick enough to react.

“Let’s Pray that he’s right.” Dumbledore said.

~*~

Draco landed in the fireplace in the main living room of Malfoy Manor. He ran through the halls ignoring the House Elves that greeted him. Draco ran towards the elegant stairs that lead down to the dungeons. He ran down the dark dank corridors and stopped abruptly as he heard muffled screams, female screams- Hermione! Suddenly a rush of adrenalin, fear and dread pumped through his veins. All he knew was that he had to save her, save Hermione before it was too late. He quietly crept through the dungeons on alert for any sound, movement or shadow. I must not be caught, I must not be caught, I must not be caught. He repeated this over and over again like a mantra in his head. His heart was pumping irregularly fast, too fast in fact. His breathing was deep yet silent as he stealthily crept through the Malfoy dungeons. He rounded another corner it was like a maze leading him too Hermione. Another scream, this time he did not stop to hesitate he flew off into a mad run to find her. To find his only…

~*~

Hermione lay in a bloody heap. Dizziness and exhaustion taking over her, she struggled to breathe as she was on all fours. All she heard was maniacal laughter ringing in her ears, pain surging through her veins. She collected herself and tried to stand but her attempts were to no avail.

“Ha, the Mudblood thinks she can defy us!” The evil voice laughed. Hermione collapsed once more. “Why do you even try you piece of filth?”
Though she was completely and utterly exhausted from her previous torture she still felt anger, hatred and complete loathing towards Lucius Malfoy.

“How dare you look at me like that! With such contempt! You must learn how to respect your superiors. You should grateful that I have kept you alive as long as I have, if it was my decision you would have been dead the instant I saw you.”

She scoffed.

“Mudbloods are so stubborn. Crucio” He drawled almost lazily. The bolt of light penetrated her once again. She felt the excruciating pain as the torture curse struck her. She did everything she could, she grinded her teeth, bit her lip trying to bite back the scream that dared to escape her mouth. She refused to give him the satisfaction of hearing her screams. She bit so hard in her lip that it started to bleed profusely. One moment was all it took when that scream erupted within her.

“AAAAAHHHHH!” It was a high- pitched blood-curdling scream that rang through the air and echoed throughout the dungeons. She screamed in pain, she screamed in agony, she screamed desperately hoping that one of her friends would find her soon.

“That is enough!” The dungeon door had burst open and slammed against the back wall and Lucius’ curse was lifted. A figure stepped through the door. “That’s enough.” The familiar voice ordered. Hermione struggled to look up at her supposed saviour. She saw a tall black figure and platinum blonde hair.

“Ah, Draco how nice of you to join us? Want to see your little mudblood friend die?”

“How did you-”

“Oh I know a lot of things. Which is one of the sole reasons why this piece of worthless filth must be obliterated, my son you think I would not find out? At first I thought this was just a devious scheme of yours to get at Potter, but no. You’ve developed quite an infatuation with this…this” Lucius indicated to Hermione as he tried to find the words. “This grotesque bane of my existence that dares to walk on the same Earth as our kind.”

“Watch your mouth father.” Draco growled menacingly through gritted teeth.

“Oh, my, my you have changed. Have I taught you nothing? What did that Mudblood do to you?”

“A lot father, a lot of things that you never did nor will understand.”

Hermione looked up somewhat recovered from her recent attack. “Draco…” she breathed. His eyes immediately shot in her direction, he sprang forward and tried to help her. He lifted her head up, “Are you alright?” She was too weak to respond. “Sorry, stupid question.”
Hermione gave a small smile and uttered a small ‘thankyou.’ Seeing Hermione in so much pain caused Draco’s eyes to tear, he knew she was alive but he had almost lost her she was at death’s doorstep she was so close one minute longer and then maybe she would be... “I almost lost you Hermione…”

“I know, I know,” she said weakly. She looked deep into his eyes. His eyes told his story, what she saw was not what she expected at all, what she saw dawned on her. What she saw was nothing but love, compassion and worry. He didn’t need to say it, Draco Malfoy loved her. He loved her with everything he had and that was all. And at that moment, that very moment her subconscious feelings were realised, she loved him. She had fallen in love with him and she didn’t even know it, but now she had she wanted it to last forever.

End of Flashback


“…Of course it all had ended well or where would be the story? But at this point in time, the details of Hermione’s escape do not matter. What mattered was what happened afterwards…”


Flashback

The teachers, Hermione’s parents, Harry, Ron and Ginny waited patiently for Draco. Suspense and tension was so thick in the air that you could cut it with a knife. No one dared utter a word. They waited in a silent tension that began to grow more unbearable by the minute. Mrs Granger was shaking like mad and every few minutes she had to be calmed down by her husband. The minutes ebbed away slowly, very slowly. Hermione’s mother suddenly sprang up.

“I can’t take this any more! I can’t! I want her back I want her back!” Mr. Granger stood up to calm down his hysterical wife. “I want her back, I want her back Richard I can’t take this! I want my baby back! I want her back in my arms! I’ve already lost my mother now not my daughter!”

“Sshh Anne, she’ll be back she’ll be-” A disturbance in the background cut his words short. Two figures emerged from the dusty fireplace.

“Hermione!” Her mother shrieked and ran towards her returned daughter enveloping them both in a tight hug.

“Mother…father, Professors, Harry, Ron, Ginny!” She greeted them thankfully a smile spread widely across her face as tears made their way down her cheeks.

“Hermione!” Her friends called to her, they also gave her over bearing bear hugs. Everyone was happy, glad and thankful. Hermione talked once more to her friends and in minutes they were all laughing merrily just like they should be. Draco sank back into the shadows he didn’t fit in. He felt rather left out and he felt as if he needed to be. It was meant to be that way, his presence would just make things more awkward and complicated. I did what I had to do and everything’s back to normal, just like they should be, I believe now would be my cue to take my leave, he thought to himself. Silently he crept around the joyous group and made his way to the door. His hand was an inch away from the door handle when-

“Draco? Where are you going?” Hermione suddenly spoke up. All heads turned to him. He turned his head over his shoulder so he could face her.

“Back to the Slytherin Dungeons, where I belong.” He made another move to open the door.

Draco sighed and walked back to them.

“Thankyou Draco,” she said. Hermione’s parents had also thanked him, greatly. Ginny gave him a slightly warm smile while Harry and Ron had not been so grateful.

“Malfoy.” They both acknowledged gruffly. Draco gave them a curt nod and turned to leave.

“Mr. Malfoy I wouldn’t go out there if I were you.” Professor Dumbledore advised. He spun around to face him.

“Why?”

“Because there are hordes of students out there wanting to know about Hermione’s condition. They’ll probably interrogate you to no end. Why you’ll be the talk of the school for being Hermione’s rescuer.”

Draco looked down and said in a quiet voice. “Let Potter take the credit.” It was barely a whisper, but they had heard.
“What?!”

“What are you playing at Malfoy?”

“I said let Potter take the credit.” Said Draco in a stronger and louder voice.

“But…but why?” Hermione asked innocently.

“Because if the knowledge that I actually came to save you would be made known to the school then imagine what type of worse danger that could put you in. Besides it’s better, simpler and more believable that way.”

“But you deserve to-” Hermione tried to protest but Draco cut her off.

“Don’t worry about me, I should be the least of your worries. Potter, at least act like you normally do when you had just saved the world for the millionth time or something…”

“At least-”

“That’s my last word”

“But-”

“I’m not a bloody Gryffindor!” Draco closed the door behind him as he made his way back to the gloomy dungeons.

End of Flashback


“…That was the first act of modesty he had shown to others other than Hermione, he began to change. Not really change but a dormant part of Draco had awoken and the real Draco Malfoy had started to come to life. Their relationship had grown from that point, Hermione eventually told Harry, Ron and Ginny about her secret friendship with their worst enemy. At first they had not accepted but over time the idea had sunken in and they became a little less suspicious. They both loved each other but could they show it...?”

Everyone in the rowdy bar had gone silent. All were listening carefully to the fairy tale story that had been told many times, yet always at the anniversary of their love and death. For it was a symbol of what had happened before, what they always had to commemorate. All listened for the next words that came out of this lady’s mouth. No one really had known the lady, but she had white blond hair that had been graying and brilliant honey brown, caramel eyes. She was an old storyteller and was old and wise. She held the attention of everyone in the bar as she continued the story between two impossible lovers.


Flashback

“Don’t go Draco!” Hermione ran up to him crying, she gave him the tightest hug that she could muster. He shut his eyes tightly and hugged her back never wanting to let go. She cried into his shoulder.

“I don’t want to Hermione.” He whispered in her ear.

“Then don’t go. Why can’t you stand up to your father just this once…”

“I don’t want to be a Death Eater Hermione but I-”

“I love you Draco.” She stated boldly. She whispered it into his ear loosened her grip on him, but he did not let go. That was the first time she had ever told him that she loved him, he never expected her to but she did. Tears once again came to his eyes but he blinked them back and rested his head in the curve of her neck.
“I love you too Hermione.”

Then he kissed her kissed her with so much feeling and emotion. Passions raging and this new emotion of love was reaching its heights. Finally after a brief moment of bliss Hermione reluctantly pulled away.

“Talk to Dumbledore, he can stop this…”

“Yeah maybe.”

End of Flashback


“…No one had known the truth of their love at the time, not even Ron or Harry had known about what they both truly felt. Their love had to be kept secret for it was forbidden, nonsensical, scandalous and dangerous. No one would accept it, no one would approve it was their Death Sentence especially considering Draco’s past. But they lived in a school, surrounded by a thousand students. Keeping a secret of a scale this large was getting to be quite difficult…”


Flashback

It was the end of Arithmancy class Draco tried his hardest not to keep staring at his lover. He distracted himself with extra hard equations but they only lasted him for so long. Hermione had been smart and this time she chose to sit at the very front away from him, she too didn’t want to be caught sneaking flirtatious glances.
It was the end and Draco was eternally grateful that he was released from his torture. The students had filed out and the teacher had done so as well. They were finally left, alone, together in an empty room…with a lot of space. She sauntered over to him and smiled.

“Finally” said Draco.

“Yeah I thought that class would never end.”

“Do my ears deceive me? Or have I just heard Hermione Granger say that she didn’t want to be in class?”

She smirked and grabbed his Slytherin tie pulling his head down. “Come Here.” She kissed him hungrily since she hadn’t done so in ages. His hands ran their way up her neck and through her hair. Her hands ran up and down his back until they found their way to his neck, her fingers curled around his neck and pulled his head down closer. A soft moan escaped her throat. For the next few minutes they stood there in the abandoned classroom surrounded in their own world completely oblivious of what was happening. All they knew was each other.

The door handle had twisted with a soft creak. Draco and Hermione sprang apart completely breathless, their clothes ruffled as their Arithmancy professor, Professor Vector had walked in.

“Excuse me so sorry students I forgot my papers.” Vector looked up at them and saw them in their ‘state.’ A sly expression came across her face as if she knew what they had just been doing, it looked as if she was glad that what had been happening had happened.

“Come students, mustn’t be late for your next class.” Draco and Hermione complied and walked out of the door.

“I love you.” He mumbled through the corner of his lip.
“I love you too…” They walked through the doors to and out to the hall where groups of students walked passed. “You horrible git!” she added, as to not get anyone suspicious. He smirked at her and walked the opposite direction.

End of Flashback


“…That was their first close call, but yet it was not their last. It was not long before things happened…”


Flashback

Christmas Ball…

They stepped out of the Great Hall doors. They stepped out into the breezy night, soft moonlight illuminating their features. She smiled at him and he smiled back, a wistful romantic atmosphere surrounding them. They looked deep into each other’s eyes, so in love. From behind his back he produced a rose, a crimson rose that blossomed in the darkness. She took it gently and smiled, her eyes twinkled in delight. He smiled at her, at her beauty outside as well as within for her beauty outdid that of the rose by far. The wind blew around them, she shivered ever so slightly yet he wrapped his arms around her protectively keeping her warm. He leaned in close whispering sweet, heavenly words of love, his breath tickled her neck and ear. Entranced by the beauty of the night she leaned in closer to him her lips seeking his. Their lips met and they were drawn into long passionate kiss. Her insides warmed and melted away in the sweet mercy of passion. The wind began to blow strong now, but our couple had not been aware. A gust of wind ruffled her hair but she did not notice, all she knew was this kiss when…

A huge gust of wind blew the doors of the Great Hall open and they were completely exposed. The kissing couple parted slowly, their secret was revealed and they were exploited. A high pitched shriek was heard followed by an echoing thump, Pansy Parkinson collapsed to the floor. Gasps were heard throughout the hall as everyone abruptly stopped speaking and all heads were turned in their direction. The silence was thick in the air it was deafeningly quiet, you could hear a pin drop.

“I think I should go…” He whispered.

“Yeah, I should too…” Hermione and Draco stepped into the hall and separated, Draco walking back down to the Slytherin dungeons and Hermione back to Gryffindor Tower. All eyes followed them as they made their way out of the hall but as soon as they exited and were out of sight a loud roar of chatter and gossip erupted from the students.

“Did I just see what I thought I saw? Draco Malfoy kissing Hermione Granger?”
“He’s a pureblood, she’s a muggleborn No Way!”
“We’re just hallucinating right?”
“Oh my god, she got to kiss Draco Malfoy.”
“Oh his father is going to slaughter him.”

Draco quickly returned to his bed and tried to get to sleep, but as much as he tried he couldn’t. Now the whole school had known it was no longer a secret and they didn’t have to sneak around or worry about being caught, he suddenly felt so liberated. But as much as he felt free his heart sank lower and lower, by the next morning the news would have already reached the ever so tentative ear of his father. Now they were in for it.

Hermione tossed and turned that night. It was seemingly impossible to sleep, not after what happened. Now the whole school knows they would be the talk of the school for weeks, this is going to be hard, she thought. Now Harry and Ron would be mad at me for not telling them as well. Eventually she drifted off into a peaceful sleep and she would dream, dream of a certain blonde Slytherin.

End of Flashback.


“…And Draco was right. By the next morning the news had reached his father, he wasn’t the least bit pleased but surprisingly he didn’t do anything about it. Unfortunately for Hermione fate had not been so kind this time, her friends interrogated her time and time again. Harry was extremely disappointed and tried to reason with his best friend and tried to talk her out of being in love with Draco. As for Ron well he was an extreme shade of puce his words were gruff grunts. With the school knowing, it was almost impossible to get to class. Wherever they went the whispers followed. The professors began to get annoyed as everyone no longer decided to pay attention to their classes but instead focused their attention to the new relationship that had sprung out of no where. But as this went on, Hogwarts was not aware of the attacks that had begun to draw closer and closer. There was not one Great Battle but a Great War.

~*~

Soon the students had graduated. But the gossip still had lived on. Two years later and the war still raged on, attacks here and there mass murders, blood spilled and widowed witches. Yet Draco and Hermione remained together no matter what was thrown at them they bounced back. Again Draco had been told to join the Death Eaters and again he refused. But the War had to end one day and that certain day happened to be a very important day. The day of their anniversary…”


Flashback

“Maria take Elenna and go! Now go!” Hermione rushed the older lady through the back door.

“But Mrs M-”

“Take my daughter and leave it will be much safer for the both of you in the Headquarters.”

“Yes Maria take Elenna.” Said Draco.

“But Master”

“No Maria be safe now go.” Draco’s face was set in determination, yet his eyes were glazed with tears. “Goodbye my sweet daughter…” he leaned in and kissed the small baby with blonde hair and the most beautiful big brown eyes.

“Goodbye Elenna.” Hermione whispered and also kissed her daughter. She gave her one last embrace. “I love you.” She gave the small bundle back to her guardian Maria. “Now Maria go take this portkey I promise we will be right behind you.”
Maria nodded then in a few seconds she disappeared. Hermione closed her eyes for a brief moment trying to gain back her composure a single tear streaked her cheek. Draco put an arm around his wife, “Don’t worry she’ll be safe.” Hermione nodded then looked up.

“Come on let’s go.”

They both ran back into the house where the Final Battle was taking place. They had almost reached the front when the wall exploded and debris flew everywhere. In stepped a battalion of Death Eaters. They both looked at each other one last time before raising their wands and shouting curses at the Death Eaters.

Maria arrived safely in The Order of The Phoenix Headquarters while Elenna’s parents were now off fighting in the war. Both valiant warriors fought for the side of good, the Light side. Their efforts were never forgotten, but yet still they had still been captured by the Death Eaters. And yet again the war had been won by the Light Side, it took many hours of blood, guts and gore but in the end it was all for the best. You would think everything would be fine and happy now but do you really think the Death Eaters could back down so easily? I think not. In pure spite because their master was now dead, they got back at Dumbledore by claiming two innocent souls. So now those two people lay in a dundeon starved and hungry and yet still clinging on to each other.

“I hope Elenna’s ok…” Hermione whispered to Draco as they both sat on the cold damp ground his arm around her. They were locked in a damp, dreary dungeon, it was so cold, so horrible so foreboding.

“She is Hermione, I know she is.”

They both knew that they were going to die that day, they could feel it. Her lip was trembling as she let the tears fall. Draco hugged her even tighter and pulled her close to him.

“No matter what happens today Hermione, remember I’ll always love you.” He whispered.

“I’ll always love you to Draco…”

“I here footsteps, someone’s coming. We better get up.” They Draco slowly stood up trying to ignore the pains from all around his body he was badly hurt during the war and so was Hermione. He put a helping arm around his wife as she too struggled to stand up

“Draco no matter what happens, I don’t regret a thing. I’m glad knowing that I’m lucky enough to die by your side, now and as your wife and for that I shall be always proud. I love you.”
They both leaned in and gave each other one last kiss their lips touched briefly but they could feel all the passion behind it.

The dungeon door opened and standing in the doorway was Lucius Malfoy and beside him was Bellatrix Lestrange.
“Any last words?” Lestrange asked them slyly with an evil smile of complete malice.

“Yeah.” Draco said. “Potter should have killed you long ago.”

Enraged by his words, both Death Eaters raised their wands at them. Draco turned to Hermione their eyes locked in a gaze. This was it, they both thought, the ultimate moment. The last time they’d ever look at each other, ever.

“Avada Kedavra!” Lucius and Bellatrix shouted in unison. The curse hit them with full force they were knocked back and fell to the floor.

Draco landed with a loud thump on the ground. He could feel the life draining out of him quickly and surely. Hermione had landed a few feet away from him her eyes were partially open looking at him with sad brown eyes. He looked at her also and desperately struggled to edge closer to her. He was almost dead now and with what he had left in him inch by inch his hand reached over Hermione’s and he clasped hers she gently squeezed his hand for the last time. He gave her the weakest smile and his eyes closed as he ceased to exist. Hermione’s eyes closed with a single drop of water falling down the side of her face, she too was now dead. Two innocent souls had now vanished from our world…

End of Flashback


“…A few hours later the Aurors had raided the house and captured the few remaining Death Eaters. Hermione and Draco were later found in their dungeon cell dead. They were found lying next to each other hand in hand, even in death they still clung to one another, their love still burning strong. The two had been cremated and at the request of Draco’s will their ashes were mixed together and thrown out to sea. So even though dead he could remain side by side with his wife, but yet this time they were free.

It happened exactly a thousand years ago…Elenna had her parent’s portrait hung in the Manor as a symbol of their greatness and love. And now my great, great, great grandmother and father’s portrait is still hung in the Malfoy Manor until today.

Though the truth of their love had been reduced to a simple fairy tale, the point my friends, is that they lived…”
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=17310