Love Always, Ginny by DeerKillerBeemer
Summary: AU as of the release of HBP.

i'm suffering MAJOR writer's block, but i'm working on it!
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 16005 Read: 13942 Published: 04/02/05 Updated: 05/14/06

1. His First Letter from Her by DeerKillerBeemer

2. Her First Letter from Him by DeerKillerBeemer

3. Harry's Real Feelings by DeerKillerBeemer

4. The Prophecy by DeerKillerBeemer

5. Reaching From Beyond by DeerKillerBeemer

His First Letter from Her by DeerKillerBeemer
A/N: Hey guys! I have one thing to say to you all-- I own none of this. JKR made this world, I just make up stories to go along with it.

His First Letter from Her

Harry laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about Sirius. Again. Even though it was almost 1 o'clock in the afternoon, Harry hadn't even bothered to get out of bed yet. He had lost the will to live when Sirius died. It didn't matter who consoled him or tried to make him feel better -- it always came back to the same thing.

He had killed Sirius.

Sure, his friends told him differently, but in his mind, he couldn't get past it -- he had caused the death of one of his closest friends. Sirius was more than that though; he was like the father and brother that Harry had never had. And now Harry didn't have him anymore. And it was because of his own stupidity.

Sighing, Harry figured he should get out of bed soon. He had to write a letter to Ron and Hermione later.

Changing out of his pajamas and into a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt, Harry sighed and went quietly downstairs to get something to eat. Bracing himself for another lecture on his laziness and untidiness, Harry walked into the kitchen to see Dudley, Uncle Vernon, and Aunt Petunia sitting at the kithen table. They were all gathered around the kitchen television set that Dudley had gotten after his third year at Smeltings.

"...and we are told that the notorious murderer Sirius Black that escaped prison two years ago has been found dead. And in further news.." said the news broadcaster. Harry felt his stomach drop to his ankles and he gasped. How could this have happened? Why would they mention Sirius on muggle television? Then it hit Harry -- the muggles had been notified in case one of them should find Sirius.

Hearing Harry, Dudley turned and looked at him with a look of unimaginable and undeniable fright. Harry ignored all three of the Dursleys and only spoke after Uncle Vernon sneered, "Good riddance. Wasn't he your godfather Harry?"

"Yes. And I don't want to hear you say another word about him." Harry managed before running back upstairs to his bedroom, trying not to let his sobs escape.

Closing the door, Harry tried to calm himself down. It was several minutes before he noticed the owl outside his window, pecking at the glass. He recognized the owl as Pig, which meant a letter from either Ron or Hermione.

Crossing his small room in three long strides, Harry flung the window open and let the owl in. It promptly thrust its leg out and Harry untied the letter. He was thankful that Pig would sit still long enough for him to take the letter off. Allowing the over excited owl to drink some water from Hedwig's bowl, Harry opened the letter.

* * * * *

Dear Harry,

I know you probably expected a letter from my brother, but he's out at the moment. You know, with another best friend of his. They're "talking," whatever that means. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that the Guard is coming to get you tomorrow night. The usual crowd, you know. So, we'll see you as soon as you get to headquarters. Tonks says to make sure you're packed and ready by then.

Please don't be mad at me for asking this. I know that you hate to be bothered with things like this, but I have to ask you, Harry. Are you really okay Harry? We're all really worried about you. We know that you've been through alot. Just remember that we're always here for you Harry. Please write back soon.

Love Always,
Ginny


* * * * *

Harry was surprised, to say the least. He definately hadn't expected Ginny to write to him. It felt odd, reading a letter from a girl that wasn't Hermione.

Sighing inaudibly, Harry set about packing his things again. It amazed him how he possibly could have strewn his belongings about his room in the short two weeks that he'd been at Privet Drive.

Looking around, Harry found his Charms book under his bed and four or five broken quills that were obviously really old under an even older sweater under his desk. By the time all of his wizard belongings were in his trunk, it was nearly time for dinner. That was when he realized that he also had to pack his other belongings too.

Sitting on his bed, Harry thought about how this was the last time he really had to be at Privet Drive. Next summer, he'd be of age and could stay at Grimmauld Place, since he'd inherited it from Sirius. The only reason he was at Privet Drive was because Dumbledore wanted him to see his aunt and uncle for the last necessary time. For this, Harry was sure they'd be really glad.

"Harry! Dinner!" Aunt Petunia yelled up the stairs.

"I'm coming!" Harry yelled back.

Standing up, Harry thought about the next day and the happy news he had for the Dursleys. For the first time in his almost-sixteen years, Harry had the kind of news they would actually appreciate.

Sitting down next to Dudley, he felt his cousin's elbow make contact with his ribs. Not daring to say a word, Harry looked forward. He thought it best not to start a row with Dudley, who was still terrified after what had happened last summer with the Dementors. Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon sat down and simply ignored Harry as usual.

Serving Dudley first, Aunt Petunia scowled at Harry. Nobody spoke for several minutes and the only sound was that of forks on plates as everyone ate.

"Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon, I have some good news for you." began Harry nervously.

"Go one boy, we haven't got all day," growled Uncle Vernon through his mouthful of spaghetti.

"Well, this is the last summer I have to come here. My G-G-Godfather left me his house when he died, so I don't have to ever bother you again. I'm leaving tomorrow night." Harry said shakily. It still hurt to speak of Sirius. A look of joy came over Vernon's face and he looked genuinely happy for the first time in Harry's life.

"Well! I-I-I don't know what to say!" said Uncle Vernon. Aunt Petunia simply sat with her mouth open. As she recuperated from such a shock, Harry got up and cleared his place.

All three Dursleys looked as if Christmas had come early as Harry left the kitchen and headed back to his room. He started up the steps, careful to skip the creaky one. Back in his room, Harry began his letter to Ron and Hermione.

* * * * *

Dear Ron (and Hermione),

Ginny wrote and told me that I would be coming to Grimmauld place tomorrow, so I'll see the two of you soon enough. Ron - Ginny told me that you and Hermione had been seeing alot of each other lately. Finally! ( By the way, don't be mad at her!) You two have fancied each other for quite a few years now, even if neither of you realized it. Believe me, I saw through all that bickering. As did everyone else.

I want you both to know that I'm happy for you and I'm doing fine. You both know that I can handle life's miseries.

See you both soon,
Harry


* * * * *

Feeling satisfied, he sent the letter with Pig who seemed excited to be going back to his owners. After he finished his letter, he felt like he was missing someone. Oh--Ginny! thought Harry. After all, she was the one who had written him about being picked up tomorrow. The least he could do was write back to her.

* * * * *

Dear Ginny,

Thanks for the letter. I wasn't expecting you to write, but I'm glad you did. I thought for sure that it would be Ron. I guess he's been a bit "busy" with Hermione. All I can say is that it took him long enough!

To answer your question, I'm still upset about Sirius. But don't worry, I won't do anything drastic! I'm still wondering what I could have done differently. You know, I'd never tell Ron this, but I feel helpless. I can't help what's happening, I can't change it, and I want to so badly. Ginny, I really hope we can talk when I get to headquarters. I get the feeling that Ron and Hermione won't be there for me as much. But I'm not mad at all. I'm glad they're finally getting together. We all know that they fancy each other.

Hoping that you are all well, and I'll see you tomorrow when I get there.

Love,
Harry


* * * * *

Reading the letter, he hoped it didn't sound too needy; he could manage just fine on his own. And he didn't know why he felt compelled to write "love" on the letter. Finally, he came to the conclusion that it was because Ginny had also written "love." He tied the note to Hedwig, who had seemed eager to show him how a proper post owl should act. She promptly flew out the window. Harry laid down on his bed and thought about the day's events. He couldn't wait to get to headquarters to see everyone again.It seemed like it had been longer than two weeks since he had last seen everyone. Besides, he really needed to be around his friends right now.

Strangely enough, Harry wanted to see Ginny the most. Maybe she was the someone he could confide in. And he really needed someone to confide in.

A/N: So, what did you guys think? I know, I know, it isn't much to start with, but it will get better--I promise!

One other thing that seems to bother some people. My portrayal of Aunt Petunia seems a bit off by some. However, I believe that after the previous summer, she may have gained some *gasp!*human qualities and she may be slightly nicer to Harry. Vernon and Dudley are still rude and crude, but hey, Harry never has to see them again, right?
Her First Letter from Him by DeerKillerBeemer
Chapter Two:

Her First Letter from Him


Ginny sat alone in the room she shared with Hermione, staring out the window. She felt so alone, like she wasn’t wanted at all. So far this summer, she hadn’t been included in any of the things that Hermione and Ron did together. Of course, Hermione said that she and Ron were just “talking,” but Ginny knew better than to believe that. Sighing, Ginny sat on her bed and pulled out the copy of Hogwarts, A Historythat Hermione was allowing her to borrow. Ginny had never realized how interesting Hogwarts really was.

Opening the book to her marked page, Ginny tried to concentrate on the words. But it was nearly impossible, because all she could think about was Harry Potter. Harry and the letter she had sent him yesterday. The letter that she had signed “Love Always, Ginny”-- for what reason, she did not know. She herself hadn't realized that she still fancied Harry. For the past year, she had been dating two other guys, and yet she managed to still feel something for him. Ginny felt like such a traitor to Dean at that moment, even though they had broken up the week before. It was odd how she could just ignore the feelings she had for Harry for an entire year, and still date two other boys. Maybe I realized my chances with Harry were and still are, less than zero, she thought to herself.

Closing the massive and old book, Ginny gave up trying to read. It was hopeless; she just couldn’t concentrate on the words. Sighing, Ginny went to her desk and got out her Charms book. Flitwick had given them all homework over the holidays, and she still had to start it. As Ginny opened the book to the assigned page on illumination charms, she noticed an enchanting snowy white owl pecking at the glass of her window. It was Hedwig, which meant a letter from Harry!

Quickly, Ginny got up and hurried towards the window. Flinging it wide open, she let the owl in. Hedwig promptly flew to Ginny’s desk and stood, leg extended. Ginny carefully untied the letter with shaky fingers, hoping the letter was for her. Sure enough, the envelope said in Harry’s slightly untidy scrawl, Ginny Weasley.

Breathlessly, Ginny carefully unfolded the letter and began to read.


* * * * *

Dear Ginny,

Thanks for the letter. I wasn’t expecting you to write, but I’m glad you did, I thought for sure it would be Ron. I guess he’s been a bit “busy” with Hermione. All I can say is that it took him long enough!

To answer your question, I’m still upset about Sirius. But don’t worry, I won’t do anything drastic! I’m still wondering what I could have done differently. You know, I’d never tell Ron this, but I feel helpless. I can’t help what’s happening, I can’t change it, and I want to so badly. Ginny, I really hope we can talk when I get to headquarters. I get the feeling that Ron and Hermione won’t be there for me as much. But I’m not mad at all. I’m glad they’re finally together. We all know that they fancy each other.

Hoping that you are well, and I’ll see you tomorrow when I get there.

Love,
Harry


* * * * *

Ginny sat in awe. Harry had written “love” to her! Her hands were shaking as she refolded the letter as neatly as she could. Trying to clear her head, Ginny tried to think of any possible reason why Harry would write “love.” In that usual respect, Harry was quite like Ron--he didn’t understand girls and their feelings in the least, and Ginny knew it. After all, she had had a crush on him for three years before he even noticed her. And even then, he didn’t quite comprehend just what those feelings meant. So, there was no simple explanation for his letter. Except maybe he really did like her…

But that thought was totally idiotic! Harry had barely talked to her since that night in the Department of Mysteries. And Ginny certainly hadn’t expected him to write a response to her letter! Still contemplating the issue, Ginny heard footsteps outside her door. That meant that Hermione was back! Quickly, Ginny stuffed the letter back into its envelope, but Hermione walked in before she could hide it. At first, Hermione didn’t notice that Hedwig was perched on Ginny’s desk; she was busy trying to fix her mussed up hair. Looking around dreamily, she finally noticed Hedwig after a few moments.

“Oh, did Harry write another letter to me Ginny?” she asked, looking around the room for a brush. Ginny tossed her the one that was on her nightstand.

“No,” Ginny answered quietly. Hermione set about fixing her hair, trying to untangle it and force the bushy hair through the brush. Sighing in frustration, she gave up and set her brush down on her bed.

“Then who did Harry write to?” asked Hermione impatiently. She moved her books off of her bed and put them neatly on her desk, then patted Hedwig affectionately on the head, and the snowy owl hooted softly.

“Harry wrote to me.” replied Ginny quietly, blushing red to the roots of her hair. She tried to calm herself down before Hermione saw how red she got, but it was too late. Hermione whipped around and looked utterly speechless.

“Why did Harry write to you? He doesn’t usually, does he?” demanded Hermione, trying not to smile at the younger girl. She knew that Ginny still loved Harry, despite what the younger girl might say.

“You realize that you sound exactly like Mum, don’t you? What do you care if Harry writes to me? He has to write to someone to let out his feelings, and I know that neither you, nor Ron has been writing to him much. Hermione, what he really needs right now is someone to confide in. Tell me, have you asked him how he feels? Have you?” asked Ginny shrilly. Her hair was in her face and she was breathing hard. Was she the only one who cared about Harry?

Stuttering, Hermione said, ”No, I haven’t. But Ginny, I want him to come to me, and Ron feels the same way. We shouldn’t always be the ones to initiate conversations, should we? If Harry wants to talk to us about what happened, he'll write to us. Besides, I think that Harry really needs some time alone right now. Do you know when he’s coming to headquarters?”

“Tonight, Hermione! That’s why I wrote to him--someone had to tell him that the Advance Guard was coming to get him! You and Ron obviously didn’t know and didn’t care enough to bother finding out.” said Ginny coldly. She couldn’t believe that Hermione and Ron didn’t even know when Harry was due to arrive.

Turning bright red, Hermione mumbled,” I have to go talk to Ron about something.” She then hurried out of their room. Ginny went and hid the letter in the back of the bottom drawer of her desk, being careful not to wrinkle it.

The rest of the afternoon flew by, and as the sun began to set, Ginny headed downstairs to help her mother start dinner, as usual. Making sure to be quiet as she past Sirius’ mum’s portrait, Ginny went down to the kitchen. Tonks, Moody, and Lupin were already there, ready to leave to fetch Harry. Tonks smiled and winked at Ginny when she walked inside, and the two of them exchanged a knowing look. Ginny had been talking to Tonks about Harry lately because Hermione’s “talks” with Ron usually went on for long periods of time. She had been the one to suggest that Ginny write to Harry and tell him about his pick up.

“Okay, that’s it for right now, Molly. We’ll be back by 9 o’clock with Harry. I know he’s just itching to get away from those awful Muggles, and I don’t blame him a bit. They're awful people, just awful. I bet Harry’s glad that this is the last summer he has to go to their house for any time at all. Come to think of it, I’m sure they’re glad too.” growled Moody, his magical eye spinning around in its socket. Molly Weasley nodded, and Ginny watched as the trio started out.

Before Moody opened the door, he hit the top of everyone's head. Each of the three took on the appearance of the wall and door behind them.

"See you in a bit, Molly." said Tonks as Moody opened the door and the three of them grasped their brooms and kicked off of the ground outside. Ginny closed the door quickly and headed back to the kitchen. Her mother was standing with her back to Ginny, pulling out ingredients for biscuits. She turned to see Ginny standing at the stove, looking in the large pot at what looked like beef stew. Molly shooed her away, opened a few of the cupboards and handed Ginny a stack of dishes and cutlery.

“Please be a dear and set the table while I finish dinner. And when you’re done,will you please tell your brothers and Hermione that it’s time to eat?” Molly said, using her wand to magically stir the stew as she mixed batter for biscuits. Ginny nodded and began setting the table diligently. Butterflies began to flutter about in her stomach as she finished her chores, dinner was eaten, and the dishes done. Finally, it was the time at which Harry was due to arrive.

Just as the clock struck nine, Tonks, Lupin, Moody, and finally Harry all arrived. As they each came in, no longer camouflaged, Ginny took their cloaks and hung them in the front closet while all but Harry placed their brooms in the old umbrella stand that was Tonks' number one enemy. Harry grinned at Ginny shyly, and behind him, Tonks winked.

“Hullo, Ginny.” said Harry nervously. Ginny smiled and Tonks immediately stepped in.

“Why don’t you help Harry take his things up to his room, Ginny?” she said, eyes sparkling.

“Sure. Harry, grab that end.” agreed Ginny, knowing exactly what Tonks was up to. Harry immediately grabbed the opposite end and followed Ginny up the stairs. For once, he was the one who seemed to be too nervous to speak. When they reached the top of the stairs, Ginny dropped the trunk and spun around on her heel, wand out.

“Harry, I will tell you this once. If you wrote love on that letter as a joke, I will find out. And then I will curse you to high heaven. Remember, I learned all I know from the master.” she said threateningly. Harry’s eyes bulged, and he looked thoroughly scared. Holding up his hands, he mumbled something under his breath, not looking her in the face.

“What was that, Potter?” demanded Ginny, her wand still pointed at him threateningly. She needed to know that truth and this seemed like the only way to learn it.

“I said, I meant what I wrote.”
Harry's Real Feelings by DeerKillerBeemer
Chapter 3:
Harry's Real Feelings



Harry woke from his nightmare with a start, panting and still saying his godfather's name over and over. He was sweating profusely, and was irritated that the dream had come once again. Ever since that fateful night, he had been having the same nightmare nearly every night, plaguing his dreams, taking away his sleep. The same dream always came, forcing him to relive the truth of his mistake night after night.

With shaking fingers, Harry put his glasses on his face and looked over at the alarm clock on his nightstand. It read 10 o'clock. The guard members were coming to get him in about nine hours. Nine long and treacherous hours. Harry sighed, feeling irritated. He wished he was a normal 16-year-old boy. Then he wouldn't have to worry about Voldemort, or Sirius, or anything except what he was going to do for the day.

Harry got out of bed and went to his school trunk, intent on finding something to take his mind off of his nightmares. He grabbed the first book that he found, his Charms book, and pulled it out, trying to remember what pages he wanted to read. It didn't matter that he didn't know if he was in Flitwick's NEWT level class--it couldn't hurt to read a few pages about Cheering charms--he knew that he definately needed a strong one.

Harry absently flipped through the pages of his Charms book, trying to find the right one, and he found himself utterly unable to conduct this simple task. Frustrated, Harry tossed the book back into his trunk. It wouldn't matter if he did it now or not; no one would find out how many OWLs they got for a few more days. Harry could just imagine Hermione's reaction when she recieved her 12 OWLs. He was sure that she worrying about it at this moment. He could imagine her panicking about whether or not she answered question 53 right on the Charms test. That was Hermione for you.

For the rest of the day, Harry grew more and more restless. At noon, he began counting down the hours until the Advance Guard would come to take him away from Privet Drive forever. Harry was sure that Tonks hadn't sent the Dursleys a fake letter again, because they hadn't mentioned anything about leaving to go any place tonight. Not that they would talk to Harry voluntarily anyway.

Finally, at 7 o'clock, Harry dragged his trunk downstairs to the front hall, carrying his beloved Firebolt in one hand. The Dursleys were just sitting down to dinner. As usual, none of them said a word to Harry. Silently, Harry sat on the stairs and watched the door, waiting. After 15 minutes of this, there was a loud, raspy knock. Before Harry could answer it, Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody pushed the door wide open and stepped in, followed closely by Nymphadora Tonks and Remus Lupin.

"Wotcher, Harry! Is that all your stuff?" asked a smiling Tonks, whose hair was a brilliant green color that perfectly matched Harry's eyes. Harry felt a grin tugging at his face and looked in the dining room at the Dursleys, who had stopped eating and looking warily at the three wizards standing in their immaculately clean house. Tonks, seeing Aunt Petunia's disdainful look at her hair color, screwed up her face in concentration and changed her hair to a rich brown color, and she lengthened it to mid-back.

"Better?" she asked Petunia warily. If the Dursleys were scared before, they were now terrified. Laughing silently to himself, Harry nodded at her question and Moody levitated his school trunk with a flick of his wand as he muttered
"Locomotor trunk!"

Mumbling a quick good-bye to the Dursleys, Harry grabbed his broom and waited while Moody put the disillusionment charm on him once again. Harry felt the familiar sensation on his head and neck as the charm took effect.

Harry began to feel genuinely happy as the foursome left the safety of the house, mounted their brooms, and flew high up into the sky. Moody led the way once again, and Harry thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of being on a broomstick for the first time in nearly nine months. As the wind ruffled his hair, Harry thoughts strayed once again to Ginny Weasley. Tonks seemed to sense his slight discomfort and said quietly, "What's on your mind, Harry? It wouldn't have anything to do with a particular letter from a certain Weasley girl, would it?"

Harry was glad that she couldn't see him, because he was sure that he was blushing crimson. Stuttering slightly, he answered, "Y-Y-Yes. How did you know she wrote to me?"

"Well, because Hermione and Ron have been--well, you know, she's been feeling kind of lonely lately. We both know that she won't confide in her mother, so I was the closest thing she had to a friend. She told me all about the letter, but she was terrified she made a mistake when she wrote it. She got up the nerve at the last moment to write "love," and after she sent it, she was terrified about what you would think of her. Harry, what did you feel when you read that letter?" she asked, concerned.

Harry was surprised at Ginny's behavior. Usually when she made up her mind, she had no regrets. Reflecting on Tonks' question, Harry thought about it. What had he felt?

"Well, I was really surprised to hear from her. She's the only girl who's written to me that hasn't been Hermione. It was odd, but comforting to think that she cared. When I wrote back to her, I wrote it too." said Harry, trying to get the words out. His tongue felt thick in his mouth and his throat felt dry. Tonks beamed with pleasure and looked relieved.

"So, Harry, do you love Ginny?" she asked seriously after a long silence.

"Tonks, that's the part that mystifies me. See, I haven't ever really thought about Ginny that way, I've always had a crush on this other girl. But that girl doesn't like me. But I'm still not entirely sure whether I like Ginny as much as I think I do. I really need to sort out my feelings, because I know that I really like Ginny. She's a great friend, and someone I can confide in and be myself around. I'm just not sure I love her, which makes me feel like a git. I don't blame her if she got tired of waiting and changed her mind about how she feels about me. I just hope that her mind wasn't totally made up." said Harry carefully. Tonks looked over at him, her eyes glittering with happiness.

"Harry, I think you've just made up your mind. You just said that you love Ginny. I think you just don't know if she shares your feelings. Harry, you need to tell her what you feel. If you don't, you could lose her forever. Chances like these don't happen twice, Harry. Well, you know Mad-Eye as well as I do, and it looks as if he's heading towards some clouds." Tonks laughed. Harry looked ahead at Moody and grinned at her, but knew that she couldn't see him.

"OY! MAD-EYE! Sorry, but no clouds! We're nearly there!" Tonks yelled to Moody, who turned and looked at her with a grunt of disapproval. Harry and Tonks just laughed. Lupin had flown ahead of them to talk to Mad-Eye.

For the rest of the ride, Harry felt light, as if he were walking--well, flying-- on air. When they finally arrived to 12 Grimmauld place, Harry felt nervous. He wasn't sure he wanted to tell Ginny how he felt, but he knew that he had to do it. Tonks opened the door, and they all stepped inside the dimly lit hallway quickly.

Ginny was there, and she immediately took everyone's cloaks and dutifully hung them in the hall closet. Harry tried not to be rude and goggle, but she looked so enchantingly beautiful, he kept wondering when she had grown up.

Her hair had grown long, it was nearly half-way down her back. She no longer had the body of a twelve-year-old, but one of a mature young woman. Harry couldn't help but look at her, and he tried his best to not to stare openly. He knew just as well as the next person (excluding Ron) that getting on Ginny's bad side was an extremely stupid choice.

Tonks poked him in the back hard, and he grinned at her nervously. Quickly, Tonks stepped in and said from behind him, "Ginny, why don't the two of you carry Harry's trunk up to his room? It's rather heavy."

Both of them nodded and Harry took one end while Ginny took the other. As the two of them started up the stairs, Harry looked back and Tonks was smiling at them. At the top of the stairs, just out of the sight of the adults, Ginny stopped abruptly and dropped the trunk, pulling her wand out of her robes and pointing it at him.

"Potter, if you didn't mean what you wrote to me, believe that I will find out. And when I do, I will curse you to high heaven, come what may." she said threateningly. Harry gulped and mumbled, "I meant what I wrote."

She obviously didn't hear what he had said, because she asked, wand still outstretched, "What was that, Potter?"

"I said I meant what I wrote." he repeated. He watched as her face blushed crimson, and felt his own grow hot. He felt so stupid, because he didn't know what to do next. Ginny grabbed him and gave him a hug, and he hugged back, breathing in the sweet scent of her shampoo.

Suddenly, she gasped. Harry turned around, startled, to see Ron and Hermione standing behind them, his face as red as his hair and a happy smile playing lightly on Hermione's lips.

"Well, if you want to snog, don't let me stop you! Hermione said you two've been writing, but I didn't know it was this serious!" Ron hissed angrily. Hermione slapped his arm, and his tone changed abruptly.

"Ahh...d-d-did you think I was serious, Harry? Why is it that whenever I'm joking, people think I'm serious, but when I'm serious, they think I'm joking?" Ron asked, laughing nervously. Harry knew that Ron was just kidding around with him, but he didn't want to anger him further.

"Nice to see you too, Ron. And I know you two have been, erm, "talking" a lot lately, as I wrote in my letter to the both of you. Er, do you two mind if Ginny and I have a little private time?" he asked. He really needed to talk to Ginny, and the sooner, the better.

Ron gave a knowing look before saying, "Sure, mate. Just don't do anything you wouldn't want me to know about. Hermione and I will go into the girls' room and you can go to ours, since you have to take your stuff in there anyways. C'mon, Hermione, I need to tell you something, erm, really important." As he grasped Hermione's arm, Harry noticed that his ears were turning red.

Ginny and Harry sniggered as Ron and Hermione walked away, and they took Harry's heavy trunk to its prospective place. Sitting on his bed, Harry didn't know what to say to Ginny, who sat down across from him on Ron's bed.

"Harry, I want to tell you something, and you have to promise to listen and not interrupt," said Ginny patiently, moving over to sit next to Harry.

Harry nodded, and said, "Of course I'll listen. You don't have to worry about me being as bad as Ron." Ginny laughed, then turned serious once again.

"Okay, as long as you promise. Harry, I know you've known for a long time that I have feelings for you. I also know that Hermione told you last summer that I had given up. That wasn't true--I decided that I didn't want to wait around for forever, so I told Hermione that. She promised not to tell you the truth. So, last year, I went out with Micheal and Dean, trying to forget. But Harry, I just couldn't do it. Last week, I broke things off with Dean. We never really hit it off, and I think he got the feeling that I didn't like him so much, and he was right Harry. I realized that I like you more than even I thought. think that Hermione sensed how I felt, because she was always hinting around that things were going to be over between you and Cho, that I should think about saying something to you. But I knew that you weren't ready to be with me. If you had been ready, you would have realized it long ago."

Harry finally put it all together. With sudden appreciation for Ginny, Harry pulled her close and kissed her, long and sweet. Pulling away, he saw tears in her eyes. Laughing, he said, "I'm not that bad of a kisser, am I?"

Laughing and crying at the same time, she said, "Of course not, Harry. But we can't take things too fast, you know. I want to be able to stay friends, so let's not jump into things."

"I know, Ginny. I won't screw this up, I promise." he said.

Embracing her once again, Harry remembered the one thing standing in his way--the prophecy. And he had to tell her about it.

"Ginny, I need to tell you something important. It affects both of us, as well as Hermione and Ron. You stay here and I'll go and get them to join us. It's really important for you to know everything."
The Prophecy by DeerKillerBeemer
Chapter 4:
The Prophecy...Among Other Things



Shaking, Harry left Ginny alone in his and Ron's room to find Hermione and Ron. They were talking in the girls' room, and he hated to interrupt them, but he knew he had to.

"Um, you guys? I need to talk to you two and Ginny right now. It's really important." he said cautiously. His two best friends looked slightly surprised, and both of them hurriedly followed him back to the boys' room, curious as to what was on Harry's mind. The two of them sat down, with Harry standing before them, and Ginny, Ron, and Hermione all looked at Harry. Harry took a deep breath before starting to speak.

"You guys remember that prophecy that I took in the Department of Mysteries?" Harry began, and his three friends nodded solemnly. Harry continued, saying, "Well, it shattered before Voldemort got it, so he doesn't know what it said. But I do, because Dumbledore showed me after the battle."

"What do you mean, he showed you?" asked Ron, looking at Harry confused.

"Last year, I looked into his Pensieve--where he can store memories--and he showed me when it was made. Professor Trelawney made it on her interview for the Divination job. An informer for Voldemort only heard part of it, and that's why he wanted that orb. It held the prophecy, and it can only be heard after the orb is broken, but the prophecy, once heard, cannot be retrieved."

"So what did it say?" asked Ginny nervously, fidgeting with a loose string on Harry's bedspread. She looked utterly terrified, and Harry hated having to tell her what he was about to. Shaking slightly, he continued.

"Well, it said that the person with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord would be born as the seventh month dies. His parents will have thrice defied the Dark Lord. He will be marked as an equal by the Dark Lord and have powers that he does not. One cannot survive will the other lives."

There was a collective gasp from Hermione and Ginny, and Ron looked slightly confused.

"You guys, it's me. I have to kill Voldemort or be killed myself. Dumbledore told me the strangest thing though. The prophecy applies to another person, Neville Longbottom. Voldemort knew this, but he chose not the pureblood child, but the half-blood, like himself. You guys, I'm so scared. I don't know what I'm going to do." Harry finished, watching as Hermione and Ron hugged, Hermione's eyes full of tears.

Looking at Ginny, Harry saw that she was openly crying. He held her close, her tears wetting the sleeve of his shirt. But he didn't care; he needed to be there for her, as she had been there for him in past few days. Ron sat in stony silence, his lips taut, fists clenched. Harry felt tears wet his face, and realized that he was also crying. They sat there like that, all four of them, for what seemed to be eternity. His heart ached, but Harry knew that what he did was the right thing. He would have to tell them some time, and he hated having to keep all of it in, suffering in silence, while none of his friends knew that he was going through so much more than just grief over Sirius' death.

Finally, after what seemed like almost half an hour of straight crying, Ginny was the first one to break the deep silence.

"Harry, we're here for you. I-I-I had this feeling that you had to be going through more than what you were telling us. Harry, you will triumph, not because of power, but because you have something that You-Know-Who will never have--you have us, your friends, who love you more than anything else." said Ginny quietly, tears no longer on her cheeks. Her brother and Hermione both nodded in agreement. Harry felt the burden on his heart lift for the first time in weeks.

Smiling weakly at the three of them, Harry didn't bother speaking. He gave Ginny another hug and kiss, and then hugged both Hermione and Ron. They left the room without saying a word, for they both knew that Harry and Ginny wanted some more time alone together. Ginny watched as the couple left, and tried to process what had just happened. Harry could die. Just thinking it made her want to cry hysterically.

"Ginny, I love you. I won't ever give up. Dying would mean losing you, and I can't leave you behind. I refuse to take this lying down. I mean, I know that I have to kill Voldemort. God knows that Neville can't." Harry said gently. They both laughed lightly, thinking of Neville trying to kill Voldemort. Even though the clumsy boy had improved immensely over the past year at DADA, he still wasn't one of the best wizards at Hogwarts. Still, Neville tried.

Wiping away the trail the tears had left behind on Ginny's cheeks, Harry vowed to himself that he would never again make her cry. Ginny looked into his eyes, and he realized for the first time that they were a rich chocolaty brown color.

"Harry, I won't let you give up that easily.We can get through this, I know it." she told him, wiping away his own tears. He smiled, and he realized that he hadn't even said hello to her parents or the other members of the Order.

"Why don't we go downstairs and I can say hello to everyone else. They're probably all wondering what happened to us," suggested Harry, grasping her hand. She nodded and they set off for the kitchen, hand in hand.

Standing in the doorway to the kitchen, Harry saw the older Weasley brothers and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley all sitting at the table. When they saw Harry, they engulfed him in hugs and handshakes.

"Harry, dear, leave your things out for me tomorrow and I'll wash them." said Mrs. Weasley first. Fred and George were the only ones who seemed to have noticed that Ginny and Harry were holding hands.

"Awww! Isn't that cute!" exclaimed George in a falsetto voice that sounded distinctly like Umbridge. Harry automatically made a face at the impression.

"The little lovebirds are finally together!" shouted Fred, causing his mother to look his way.

"What was that, Fred dear?" she asked, curiously.

"Why don't you ask Harry?" Fred shot back, while George made slurping sounds behind him. Mrs. Weasley promptly turned and looked at Harry and finally realized what was going on.

"Ohhh! How sweet! Look at Ginny and Harry, Arthur!" exclaimed Mrs. Weasley with delight. Harry and Ginny both turned crimson as the older Weasleys looked at them.

"Mum, please don't make a big deal out of this! You'll scare Harry away!" shouted Ginny as everyone started to ohh and ahh over them.

Her yelling had almost no effect whatsoever, except that it brought the other members of the Order in, including McGonnagal and Dumbledore, which made Harry wonder whether there was a meeting tonight. Everyone looked like they had been expecting something like this to happen, which made Harry wonder whether Tonks had said something to anyone else. As everyone started talking at once, Harry heard a very loud whistle. Fred and George were standing on the table, trying to get everyone's attention.

"OY! EVERYONE! Over here!" yelled Fred. Immediately, the room became silent as all looked towards Fred and George.

"Thank you for your attention. Now, why don't we all listen to what Harry and Ginny have to say for themselves. Harry, Ginny, the table's all yours." said George, smiling broadly. Harry felt his face grow hot and walked over to the table. He carefully stood the table, and Ginny stayed where she was. Clearing his throat, Harry began to speak.

"Thank you for the introduction, Fred and George. I want everyone to know that Ginny and I have agreed to go out, but we're taking things really slow." started Harry amid cheers from the Weasley brothers. Everyone else grinned widely, as though expecting something of this nature. "Also, I know that some of you know that the weapon is gone. I know what it was and what it said, which most of you don't." Harry met Dumbledore's gaze, and the old man nodded, knowing what Harry was going to do.

"Most of you know that the weapon that Volde- well, You-Know-Who wanted was a prophecy made 15 years ago. It said that the person who has the power to vanquish the Dark Lord would be born as the seventh month dies. His parents will have thrice defied the Dark Lord. He will be marked as the Dark Lord's equal and have powers he does not. One cannot survive as the other lives. That person is me, and I have to kill Voldemort." As Harry said the words, the members of the Order began to cry, all except Ginny, Ron and Hermione. Ginny knew that Harry could and would do what he had to do for the both of them. Harry got down and pulled Ginny close.

"Ginny, we'll get through this. We've been through other things as friends and we always made it through. I can do this. I have to do this." Harry reassured her. She nodded slowly, and the crying began to stop. Dumbledore gave him a look that clearly said, You've done the right thing. And Harry knew that he'd had to do it, because they all had to find out eventually.

Very tearfully, Mrs. Weasley said to them all, "Well, I think that it's time for the meeting. Ginny, I want you to go to bed immediately. Harry, you may stay, because I know that I have no authority over you whatsoever, and this concerns you more than anyone else in the Order."

Harry walked Ginny to the stairs, where he whispered in her ear, "Don't worry, I'll tell you every word of it, I promise." She nodded and then headed up the stairs, smiling as sweetly as an angel. Harry watched her retreating back and thought about how happy he had finally felt today. Sighing, he turned and headed back to the kitchen, intending to keep his promise.

* * * * *

Everyone sat around the large kitchen table, barely able to fit. Harry sat between Dumbledore and Charlie. Dumbledore gave him a smile and said, "Wise choice Harry. I knew that you would realize how important the prophecy was to everyone, not just yourself. Harry, that was a very crucial thing to share."

Harry grinned appreciatively and looked around the table. Kingsley Shacklebolt, Tonks, McGonnagal, Flitwick, Lupin, Moody, Sturgis Podmore, Mundungus Fletcher, Fred, George, Charlie, Bill, Mr. Weasley, Mrs. Weasley, Dumbledore and Harry were all crammed around the kitchen table. Everyone seemed quiet and taken aback, and they seemed to still be taking in everything that Harry had said mere minutes before. Mundungus seemed to be the only one unconcerned, but Harry thought that he looked a little drunk, as he kept calling the Fred Ron.

"Ron, didn' cha hear 'er mum? She said fer ya to get to bed. You aren' s'possed to be 'ere." he said, while Fred and George laughed hysterically. Finally, Mundungus fell fast asleep, snoring with his near-empty tankard of beer still clutched in his hand. Mrs. Weasley looked at him disdainfully, and finally, Dumbledore called the meeting to order.

"Alright everyone, it's time to settle down. First, I would like to congratulate Harry on his wise choice to let you all know what the prophecy said. I know it is shocking for all of you to know. However, there is one good thing to this--Voldemort no longer has any way to know what the prophecy said. And I know all of you can be trusted not to tell him! So, onto business. Bill, how is the recruitment of foreign wizards coming?"

"It's turning out to be a bit easier now that everyone knows that You-Know-Who is really back. So far, we have several witches and wizards from France, Germany, Spain, and Bulgaria. They are following the orders you gave me to pass on. The hardest part is going to be finding his whereabouts. Now that he has shown himself, he can't hide nearly as well. Still, he should be easy to spot in a crowd, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I want to try and find out where his father's family is from. I have the feeling that he could be using that place as a hideout. Do you know, Dumbledore?"

"I don't. Whenever he left school to go back to the orphanage where he was raised, he mentioned something about northern Great Britain. Sadly, I do not remember the exact location." answered Dumbledore. Suddenly, a thought struck Harry like lightening.

"I do." Harry said to Bill quietly. Everyone turned and looked at him with great interest, and Bill turned to him, surprised.

"Well, tell us!" said Bill in astonishment.

"Well, I had a dream before fourth year. It was a dream about the time after Tom Riddle had killed his father and grandparents. Anyway, the town is called Great Hangleton. I think he's been using the old Riddle house as a hideout. The graveyard in the town was his rebirth place a year ago. He had to have his father's bone." Harry explained to everyone. Dumbledore simply looked intrigued, while the others looked slightly surprised at what Harry had told them.

"Well, that's interesting. You have been having the visions for over two years. I'm surprised you didn't tell us sooner, Harry. But no matter. It's over and done with now. Let's move on, shall we?" asked Lupin from across the table.

He looked shabbier than usual, and sort of ill. Then Harry remembered that the full moon had been few days ago.

"Yes, Remus, let's move on." agreed Bill. "Anyone have any other news or anything important? Ahh, yes Proffesor McGonnagal?"

"Well, I would just like to remind everyone that now would be the best time to try to negotiate with the goblins. Last week You-Know-Who murdered two whole families. They would probably be agreeable now. Albus, you may need to speak with the Minister about what we're going to do to get them to agree to our terms. I'm sure they will want rights that have been denied to them for centuries. And we won't kill them like he would."said Professor McGonnagal. There were murmurs of agreement throughout the room. Harry himself thought that what they proposed sounded reasonable.

As the meeting came to a close and everyone began to leave, Dumbledore took Harry aside and said, "Harry, your OWL results are going out tomorrow. I just wanted to let you know to expect them. Good night and remember to clear your mind before going to sleep."

Yawning, Harry headed upstairs to tell Ginny all that he had learned.

* * * * *

Harry woke late the next morning. Opening his eyes, he saw a blurry Ginny holding a breakfast tray. Ron's bed was empty. Grabbing his glasses and putting them on, Harry yawned and said, "Good Morning."

"Morning, sleepy head. Mum wanted me to bring this tray up to you, since you slept through breakfast." Ginny explained. Harry gave her a wide grin and uncovered the tray to find bacon, eggs, toast, and orange juice, all still hot. Grabbing his fork, he thanked Ginny for bringing up the tray.

"Harry, don't worry about it. It's no big deal. Besides, I wanted to ask you a question." she said gently.

"Well, fire away," mumbled Harry through a mouthful of food. Ginny gave him a look of concern, then began.

"Harry, I want you to answer me truthfully, okay? What are you feeling about Sirius right now?"

"I feel guilty. I keep thinking that it was my fault, that if I had learned Occlumency, he would still be here, telling me how much I remind him of my dad. I feel like crying, but I can't cry anymore." replied Harry, his green eyes sparkling with unshed tears.Ginny nodded and grasped his hand, looking at him.

"Harry, please remember what I am about to say. It is not your fault. You made a mistake, yes, but Sirius didn't have to follow you to the Department of Mysteries after Snape told him what you had said. It was his decision to risk his life. You didn't force him, you didn't tell him to do it, and most of all, you didn't cause it. I want you to always remember that even though it was a mistake, it wasn't just yours, and you don't bear all of the responsibility." Ginny reminded him. Harry turned and looked at her, grateful that she had the nerve to say what others had not.

Reaching over, he hugged her. They sat like that, hugging, for the longest time, when Harry finally worked up the nerve to place a kiss gently on her lips. Surprised, Ginny looked up at him, her face red, and said, "Harry, what was that for?"

"I don't know. It just felt right, that's all. You aren't angry, are you?" he asked, concerned. He knew that she wasn't afraid to curse him as she said she would.

"No, I'm not angry at all." answered Ginny, a smile playing on her lips. She started turned a slight shade of red, and Harry couldn't help but laugh. She smacked his hand lightly, and he stopped abruptly, and this time it was her turn to laugh. Finally, they both stopped laughing, and fell silent.

"Ginny, where are Hermione and Ron at?" asked Harry. He had figured that since the couple weren't in his and Ron's room, they would have to be in the girls' room.

"They're in my room. Hermione figured that it would be rude to kick you out of yours and force you to get up as early as she and Ron were up. Your lucky Hermione was there, because Ron just wanted to dump you out of your bed. He can be such a git sometimes." replied Ginny, giggling.

Picking up his breakfast tray, Harry crossed to the door and opened it. "Ginny, I have to get dressed. Would you mind taking this down to the kitchen for me? I'll be down in a few minutes." said Harry. Ginny nodded and took the tray from him, closing the door as she left. Harry sighed and opened his trunk. He pulled on a pair of jeans, a tee-shirt, and his trainers. Then he pulled out all of his other clothing and put it on his bed, as Mrs. Weasley had instructed the night before.

Harry headed downstairs quietly, so as not to wake the portrait of Sirius' mother. They hadn't been able to get her portrait down, so they simply put a silencing charm on it. But still, Harry knew not to wake it up. They didn't know if the silencing charm lasted very long on portraits, and Harry didn't want to find out personally.

In the kitchen, Harry found Ginny and her mother having a serious conversation. Coughing to indicate his presence, Ginny and Mrs. Weasley stopped talking abruptly.

"Ah, Harry dear. Good morning! How was breakfast?" asked Mrs. Weasley.

"It was wonderful. Thank you for sending up a tray. I've never had breakfast in bed before. With the Dursleys, if you missed breakfast, you didn't eat again until dinner." Harry said, smiling. Mrs. Weasley smiled back affectionately. Harry noticed a few letters on the counter, all four bearing the Hogwarts crest. Molly noticed that Harry had spotted the letters, and her face lit up.

"Harry, dear, the letters came early this morning. I wanted to wait for you to have everyone open them together. Ginny, will you please find your brother and Hermione? Tell them that they are going to open their letters now." she said. Ginny hurried upstairs, and moments later, the threesome came running downstairs to open their letters. Hermione, breathless, was first to grab hers and rip it open with shaking fingers.

"I got 11! Ron, Harry, I got 11!" Hermione squealed with delight. Next, Ron, shaking harder than Hermione, ripped his open.

"Well, Ron, what did you get?" asked Mrs. Weasley anxiously, making Ron shake even harder from nervousness. He tore his envelope and Harry could see him trying to count all of his OWL's. Ron's eyes got bright and he said to Harry, "Harry, I can do the Auror program!"

"Harry, go on, open yours!" Ginny said, thrusting his envelope into his hands. She had set hers down on the table haphazardly. Harry opened his envelope carefully, buying himself some time. Harry unfolded his letter with shaky hands. It read:

Official OWL Results of
Harry Potter

Transfiguration: Exceeds Expectations

Defense Against the Dark Arts: Outstanding

Charms: Exceeds Expectations

Potions: Outstanding
(we all want it to happen!)

Divination: Poor

Astronomy: Acceptable

History of Magic: Dreadful

Care of Magical Creatures: Outstanding
~


Harry felt a surge of happiness. He could join the Auror program! Ginny snatched the letter out of his hands and shouted with glee, and her mother took it from her.

Soon, Harry's letter was being passed around the room, and Harry couldn't bring himself to utter a sound. He knew that Sirius and his parents would both be proud if they were here today.

Soon, the kitchen was filled with the sounds of the Weasleys and Hermione shouting with happiness. Harry still couldn't believe that he was able to start the Auror trainee program in a few years.

Yet, a thought lingered in the back of his mind; how did he and Ron get into Advanced Potions? Neither of them had ever been exceptionally good at Potion-making. Harry discarded the thought quickly. Afterall, if Harry wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have made it into the class.

Suddenly, Ginny's arms enveloped Harry in a hug. "I knew you could do it, Harry. I knew you could." was all she said. Harry gave her a grin as Tonks and Shacklebolt made their way into the noisy kitchen.

"What happened?" asked Tonks curiously. She directed her question at Mrs. Weasley, who was still beaming with pleasure.

"Well--Fred, George, would you two stop yelling?--Tonks, the OWL results came today, and Ron, Harry, and Hermione just opened them. Hermione got 11, Ron got 6, and Harry got 6." answered Mrs. Weasley proudly. Tonks smiled widely.

"Harry, what are you going to do for a career after Hogwarts now that you know what classes you'll be taking?" she asked, turning to Harry.

"Actually, I want to become an Auror. Lupin always told me that I have the ability to do it, and I really want to be a Dark Wizard catcher more than anything else. Partly because I have the natural talent for attracting trouble, as I'm so often told. I figure that if I can attract the trouble, I might be able to help stop it too." came the reply. Tonks beamed with happiness.

"That's great, Harry! Did you get into Snape's Potions class too? I know from experience that that class is really really hard to get into."

"Yeah, I got in. So did Ron and Hermione. Hermione wasn't a surprise, but I didn't think that Ron or myself would get into his class. Neither of us have ever been that good at potions. Anyway, any word on who our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is going to be?" asked Harry expectantly.

"Actually, Harry, that's what I really wanted to talk to you about."

"Really? Well, who is it?"

"Dumbledore just told the rest of us this morning. He's decided to have Mad-Eye come back and teach Defense Against the Dark Arts this year, since he never really had the chance to actually teach. And yes, he will also be there to, erm, keep an eye on the all of you. Dumbledore will also be teaching you Occlumency personnally, so that what happened last year won't happen again. Please don't take it the wrong way, Harry." Tonks said quietly.

"That's great! Everyone will be happy to see Moody again. We all thought he was one of the best teachers. By the way, do you know who the new Minister is? I've been meaning to ask for awhile, but I kept forgetting to find out whenever I wrote to Hermione and Ron." said Harry, as Ginny came towards the two of them. Harry put his arm around her shoulders carefully, so as not to gain the attention of Fred and George.

"Well, since Fudge is permanently gone, naturally the person that everyone wants to do it is Dumbledore. But, since he won't and has declined the offer, Madame Bones has been offered the position. You might remember her from your disciplinary hearing, Harry. I know she's a nice woman, and a good leader, someone that we can depend on. Which is the perfect person to choose right now." Tonks told them.

Harry thought back to his hearing the summer before. He remembered Madame Bones. She was supposed to hear his case, but Fudge had changed it at the last minute. Madame Bones had also been the person to ask if his Patronus was a corporeal Patronus, or if it had a distinct form. Harry smiled at the memory, thinking of the woman who had been so kind at the hearing.

"Yeah, I remember her. She was really a nice woman, and seemed to be very fair. Her niece, Susan Bones, is in Hufflepuff at school. I think she would be the most logical choice right now. What would happen if, say, Umbridge was made Minister? That would be crazy! Then again, she wouldn't because she was the one who sent those Dementors after me last summer. Like people would trust a woman like that!" Harry said. Ginny giggled at Harry's vindiction. He had, by far, hated Umbridge the most, and everyone knew it. Afterall, she had taken away the one thing that Harry was spectacularly good at: Quidditch.

"Harry, Ginny, I have to go. Business for the Order. Molly, I'll see you later for dinner, and I'll bring a dessert tonight. Goodness knows that these three deserve a treat." Tonks said to Mrs. Weasley as she left. Everyone else trickled out in twos and threes. Finally, it was just Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Mrs. Weasley.

Walking over to the table to set his letter down, Harry noticed a red and gold badge sitting in a half-open envelope. Realization hit Harry, and he felt a burst of pride.

Ginny came over to sit down next to Harry, and realized what he had found. She quickly snatched the letter out of his hands and pulled the badge out, dumbfounded.

"Ginny! What's that in your hand?" asked Mrs. Weasley quickly. "Ginny, you're a prefect!"

"Really? Congratulations, Ginny!" Hermione exclaimed, smiling widely. Ron, who had been eating a piece of toast at the moment could only mumble.

"Cngrt, gnn.Oudgoof."

"What?" everyone asked at once. Ron swallowed suddenly, and repeated, "Congrats, Ginny. You did good. Jeez, you guys can't even hear me? What's wrong with you?"

"Well, mate, I think you should ask yourself the same question," said Harry, as everyone laughed.

"Ginny, I'm so proud of you!" squealed Mrs. Weasley. "That's everyone but Fred and George."

"Gin, I'm proud of you too." Harry whispered in her ear, as Mrs. Weasley turned to the stove to start dinner.

A/N: Sorry it's been so long since my last update--I've had so much homework in my AP classes and english...in english, we're supposed to do some summer reading...well, the only real reading I did this summer was HBP. Let's just say that I've been trying to get through Ethan Frome, A Farewell to Arms, and Walden by this thursday. Yeah, not fun.

NEways, enough about my excruciatingly boring life. I want you all to know that my story will not and has not been altered in any way by the release of HBP. The three fanfics in this series were essentially finished before the summer even started. I am currently working on one based on the information given in the book, and the fanfic is entitled Harry Potter and the Quest for the Horcruxes. I should be posting it soon.

Love you all,
DeerKillerBeemer
Reaching From Beyond by DeerKillerBeemer
Author's Notes:
Okay, let's all hope that this time is the time! Seriously, sometimes I hate how the mods go through the story... how can a story with major spelling/grammar errors and OOCness that is not explained be approved when mine gets rejected for having a mythological misspelling of Prof. McGonnagal's name?

I just don't get it. If someone could explain the system to me, I would be forever in your debt!

ciao,
me!!! *
Chapter 5:
Reaching From Beyond


Everyone from the Order sat around the large kitchen table, with barely enough room for them all to fit. Harry sat down, squeezed between Dumbledore and Charlie. Dumbledore gave him a smile and said, "Wise choice. I knew that you would realize how important the prophecy was to everyone, not just yourself. Harry, that was a very crucial thing to share."

Harry grinned appreciatively and looked around the table. Kingsley Shacklebolt, Tonks, McGonnagal, Flitwick, Lupin, Moody, Sturgis Podmore, Mundungus Fletcher, Fred, George, Charlie, Bill, Mr. Weasley, Mrs. Weasley, Dumbledore, and Harry were all crammed around the kitchen table. Everyone seemed quiet and taken aback, as if in shock, and they all seemed to still be taking in everything that Harry had said merely minutes before. Mundungus seemed to be the only one unconcerned, but Harry thought that he looked a little drunk, as he kept calling the Fred "Ron."

"Ron, didn' cha hear your mum? She said fer yeh to get to bed. Yeh aren' s'possed to be 'ere." he said, while Fred and George laughed hysterically. Finally, with a thud Mundungus fell fast asleep hitting his head on the table with a bang, snoring loudly with his tankard of beer still in hand. Mrs. Weasley looked at him disdainfully, and finally, Dumbledore called the meeting to order.

"All right everyone, it's time to settle down. First, I would like to congratulate Harry on his wise choice to let you all know what the prophecy said. I know it's shocking for all of you to know. However, there is one good thing to this--Voldemort no longer has any way to know what the prophecy said. And I know all of you can be trusted not to tell him--and I will be the secret keeper for the prophecy. With that being said, let's move onto new business. Bill, how is the recruitment of foreign wizards coming?"

"It's going pretty well. So far, we have several wizards from France, Germany, Spain, and Bulgaria. They are following the orders you gave me to pass on. The hardest part is going to be finding You-Know-Who's whereabouts. Now that he has shown himself, he can't hide nearly as well. Still, he should be easy to spot in a crowd, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I want to try and find out where his father's family is from. I have the feeling that he could be using that place as a hideout. Do you know, Dumbledore?"

"I don't. Whenever he left school to go back to the orphanage where he was raised, he mentioned something about northern Great Britain. Sadly, I do not remember the exact location," answered Dumbledore. Suddenly, a thought struck Harry like lightening.

"I do." Harry said to Bill quietly. Everyone turned and looked at him with great interest.

"Well, tell us!" said Bill in astonishment.

"Okay, but please just listen. I had a dream before fourth year. It was a dream about the time after Tom Riddle had killed his father and grandparents. Anyway, the town is called Greater Hangleton. I think he's been using the old Riddle house as a hideout. The graveyard in the town was his rebirth place a year ago. He had to have his father's bone for the potion to work," Harry explained to everyone. Dumbledore simply looked intrigued, while the others looked slightly surprised at what Harry had told them.

"Well, that's certainly interesting. You have been having the visions for over two years. I'm surprised you didn't tell us sooner, Harry. But no matter. It's over and done with now. Let's move on, shall we?" asked Lupin gently, giving Harry a look from across the table.

His robes looked shabbier than usual, and his face held a wan look that made him look like he was sort of ill. Then Harry remembered that the full moon had been few days ago.

"Yes, Remus, let's move on," agreed Bill. "Anyone have any other news or anything important? Ahh, yes Professor McGonnagal?"

"Well, I would just like to remind everyone that now would be the best time to try to negotiate with the goblins. Last week You-Know-Who murdered two whole families. They would probably be agreeable now. Albus, you may need to speak with the Minister about what we're going to do to get them to agree to our terms. I'm sure they will want rights that have been denied to them for centuries. And we won't kill them like he would," said Professor McGonnagal. There were murmurs of agreement throughout the room. Harry himself thought that what they proposed sounded reasonable.

As the meeting came to a close and everyone began to leave, Dumbledore took Harry aside and said, "Harry, your OWL results are going out tomorrow. I just wanted to let you know to expect them. Good night and remember to clear your mind before going to sleep."

Yawning, Harry headed upstairs to tell Ginny all that he had learned.

* * * * *

Harry woke late the next morning. Opening his eyes, he saw a rather blurry Ginny holding a breakfast tray. Ron's bed was empty. Grabbing his glasses and putting them on, Harry yawned and said, "Good Morning."

"Morning, sleepy head. Mum wanted me to bring this tray up to you, since you slept through breakfast." Ginny explained. Harry gave her a wide grin and uncovered the tray to find bacon, eggs, toast, and orange juice, all still hot. Grabbing his fork, he thanked Ginny for bringing up the tray.

"Harry, don't worry about it. It's no big deal. Besides, I wanted to ask you a question," she said gently.

"Well, fire away," mumbled Harry through a mouthful of food. Ginny gave him a look of concern, then began.

"Harry, I want you to answer me truthfully, okay? What are you feeling about Sirius right now?"

Harry swallowed before answering the question.

"I feel guilty. I keep thinking that it was my fault, that if I had learned Occlumency, if I hadn't let Snape get to me, he would still be here, telling me how much I remind him of my dad. I feel like throwing something across the room, but I can't do that anymore," replied Harry, his green eyes sparkling with unshed tears. Ginny nodded and grasped his hand, looking at him.

"Harry, please remember what I am about to say. It is not your fault. You made a mistake, yes, but Sirius didn't have to follow you to the Department of Mysteries after Snape told him what you had said. It was his decision to risk his life. You didn't force him, you didn't tell him to do it, and most of all, you didn't cause it. I want you to always remember that even though it was a mistake, it wasn't just yours to make, and you can't bear all of the responsibility," Ginny reminded him. Harry turned and looked at her, grateful that she had the nerve to say what others had not.

Reaching over, he hugged her. They sat like that, hugging, for the longest time, when Harry finally worked up the nerve to place a kiss gently on her lips. Surprised, Ginny looked up at him, her face red like Ron's turned when he became embarrassed, and said, "Harry, what was that for?"

"I don't know. It just felt right, that's all. You aren't angry, are you?" he asked, concerned. He knew that she wasn't afraid to curse him as she said she would.

"No, I'm not angry at all," answered Ginny, a smile playing on her lips. She started turned a slight shade of red, looking very much like Ron at the moment, Harry thougt and he couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"Do you realize how much you look like Ron when you laugh?" Harry said in a good-naturedly way. Ginny smacked his hand lightly, and he stopped abruptly, and this time it was her turn to laugh. Finally, they both stopped laughing, and the room fell silent.

"Ginny, where are Hermione and Ron at?" asked Harry, looking around the room suspiciously. He had figured that since the couple weren't in his and Ron's room, they would have to be in the girls' room. What they were doing exactly, was still a mystery to Harry.

"They're in my room. Hermione figured that it would be rude to kick you out of yours and force you to get up as early as she and Ron were up. Your lucky Hermione was there, because Ron just wanted to dump you out of your bed. He can be such a git sometimes," replied Ginny, shaking her head, a merry twinkle captivated in her chocolate brown eyes. Hurriedly picking up his breakfast tray, Harry crossed to the door and opened it.

"Ginny, I have to get dressed. Would you mind taking this down to the kitchen for me? I'll be down in a few minutes," said Harry. Ginny nodded and took the tray from him, closing the door as she left. Harry sighed and opened his trunk. He pulled on a pair of jeans, a tee-shirt, and his trainers. Then he pulled out all of his other clothing and put it on his bed, as Mrs. Weasley had instructed the night before.

Harry headed downstairs quietly, so as not to wake the portrait of Sirius' mother. They hadn't been able to get her portrait down, as the sticking charm was too strong, so they simply put a silencing charm on it. But still, Harry knew not to wake it up. They didn't know if the silencing charm lasted very long on portraits, and Harry didn't want to find out personally.

In the kitchen, Harry found Ginny and her mother having a serious conversation. Coughing to indicate his presence, Ginny and Mrs. Weasley stopped talking abruptly.

"Ah, Harry dear. Good morning! How was breakfast?" asked Mrs. Weasley.

"It was wonderful. Thank you for sending up a tray. I've never had breakfast in bed before. With the Dursleys, if you missed breakfast, you didn't eat again until dinner." Harry said, smiling. Mrs. Weasley smiled back affectionately. Harry noticed four letters on the counter, all of them bearing the purple waxen Hogwarts crest. Molly noticed that Harry had spotted the letters, and her face lit up.

"Harry, dear, the letters came early this morning. I wanted to wait for you to have everyone open them together. Ginny, will you please find your brother and Hermione? Tell them that they are going to open their letters now," she said, picking up the letters. Ginny hurried upstairs, and moments later, the trio came running downstairs to open their letters. Hermione, breathless, was first to grab hers from Mrs. Weasley's fingers and rip it open with shaking fingers.

"I got 11! Ron, Harry, I got 11!" Hermione squealed with delight. Next, Ron, shaking harder than Hermione, ripped his open.

"Well, Ron, what did you get?" asked Mrs. Weasley anxiously, making Ron shake even harder from nervousness. He tore his envelope and Harry could see him trying to count all of his OWL's. Ron's eyes got bright and he said to Harry, "Harry, I can do the Auror program!"

"Harry, go on, open yours!" Ginny said, thrusting his envelope into his hands. She had set hers down on the table haphazardly. Harry opened his envelope carefully, buying himself some time. Harry unfolded his letter with shaky hands. It read:

~
Transfiguration: Exceeds Expectations

Defense Against the Dark Arts: Outstanding

Charms: Exceeds Expectations

Potions: Outstanding
(we all want it to happen!)

Divination: Poor

Astronomy: Acceptable

History of Magic: Poor

Care of Magical Creatures: Outstanding

~

Harry felt a surge of happiness. He could join the Auror program! Ginny snatched the letter out of his hands and shouted with glee. As Harry's letter was passed around the room, Harry couldn't even utter a sound. He knew that Sirius and his parents would both be happy if they were here today. Soon, the kitchen was filled with the sounds of the Weasleys and Hermione shouting with happiness. Harry still couldn't believe that he was capable of starting the Auror trainee program in a few years.

Yet, a thought lingered in the back of his mind; how had he and Ron gotten into Snape's Advanced Potions class? Neither of them had ever been exceptionally good at Potion-making. Harry discarded the thought quickly. After all, if Harry wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have made it into the class.

Suddenly, Ginny's arms enveloped Harry in a hug. "I knew you could do it, Harry. I knew you could," was all she said. Harry gave her a grin as Tonks and Shacklebolt made their way into the noisy kitchen.

"What happened?" asked Tonks excitedly. She directed her question at Mrs. Weasley, who was still beaming with pleasure.

"Well,--Fred, George, would you two stop yelling? Tonks, the OWL results came today, and Ron, Harry, and Hermione just opened them. Hermione got 11, Ron got 6, and Harry got 6," answered Mrs. Weasley proudly. Tonks smiled widely.

"Harry, what are you going to do for a career after Hogwarts now that you know what classes you'll be taking?" she asked, turning to Harry.

"Actually, I want to become an Auror. Lupin always told me that I have the ability to do it, and I really want to be a Dark Wizard catcher more than anything else," came the reply. Tonks beamed with happiness.

"That's great, Harry! Did you get into Snape's Potions class too? I know that it's really hard to get into."

"Yeah, I got in. So did Ron and Hermione. Hermione wasn't a surprise, but I didn't think that Ron or myself would get into his class. Neither of us have ever been that good at potions. Anyway, any word on who our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is going to be?" asked Harry.

"Actually, Harry, that's what I really wanted to talk to you about."

"Well?"

"Dumbledore just told the rest of us this morning. He's decided to have Moody come back and teach Defense Against the Dark Arts, since he never really had the chance to actually teach. And yes, he will also be there to, erm, keep an eye on the all of you. Dumbledore will also be teaching you Occlumency personally, so that what happened last year won't happen again. Please don't take it the wrong way, Harry." Tonks said quietly.

"That's great! Everyone will be happy to see Moody again. We all thought he was one of the best teachers. By the way, do you know who the new Minister is? I've been meaning to ask for a while, but I kept forgetting to ask when I wrote to Hermione and Ron," said Harry, as Ginny came towards the two of them. Harry put his arm around her shoulders carefully, so as not to gain the attention of Fred and George.

"Well, since Fudge is permanently gone, naturally the person that everyone wants to do it is Dumbledore. But, since he won't and has declined the offer, Madame Bones has been offered the position. You might remember her from your disciplinary hearing, Harry. I know she's a nice woman, and a good leader, someone that we can depend on. Which is the perfect person to choose right now?" Tonks told them.

Harry thought back to his hearing the summer before. He remembered Madame Bones. She was supposed to hear his case, but Fudge had changed it at the last minute. Madame Bones had also been the person to ask if his Patronus was a corporeal Patronus, or if it had a distinct form. Harry smiled at the memory, thinking of the woman who had been so kind at the hearing.

"Yeah, I remember her. She was really a nice woman, and seemed to be very fair. Her niece, Susan Bones, is in Hufflepuff at school. I think she would be the most logical choice right now. What would happen if, say, Umbridge was made Minister? That would be crazy! Then again, she wouldn't because she was the one who sent those Dementors after me last summer. Like people would trust a woman like that!" Harry said. Ginny giggled at Harry's vindication. He had, by far, hated Umbridge the most, and everyone knew it. After all, she had taken away the one thing that Harry was spectacularly good at: Quidditch.

"Harry, Ginny, I have to go. Business for the Order. Molly, I'll see you later for dinner, and I'll bring a dessert tonight. Goodness knows that these three deserve a treat." Tonks said to Mrs. Weasley as she left. Everyone else trickled out in twos and threes. Finally, it was just Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Mrs. Weasley.

Walking over to the table to set his letter down, Harry noticed a red and gold badge sitting in a half-open envelope. Realization hit Harry, and he felt a burst of pride.

Ginny came over to sit down next to Harry, and realized what he had found. She quickly snatched the letter out of his hands and pulled the badge out, dumbfounded.

"Ginny! What's that in your hand?" asked Mrs. Weasley quickly. "Ginny, you're a prefect!"

"Really? Congratulations, Ginny!" Hermione exclaimed, smiling widely. Ron, who had been eating a piece of toast at the moment could only mumble.

"Cngrt, gnn.Oudgoof."

"What?" everyone asked at once. Ron swallowed suddenly, and repeated, "Congrats, Ginny. You did good. Jeez, you guys can't even hear me? What's wrong with you?"

"Well, mate, I think you should ask yourself the same question," said Harry, as everyone laughed.

"Ginny, I'm so proud of you!" squealed Mrs. Weasley. "That's everyone except for Fred and George."

"Gin, I'm proud of you too." Harry whispered in her ear, as Mrs. Weasley turned to the stove to start dinner. She smiled at him and they left Mrs. Weasley alone to finish dinner.

"If you need us Mum, we'll be upstairs," Ginny called down the stairs. Neither of them saw the smile that broke out on Mrs. Weasley's face as the couple made their way up the stairs for some privacy.

"They seem very happy to have each other," came the soft and wise voice of Dumbledore from behind Mrs.Weasley. She turned around to face the headmaster and gone was the bright smile from moments before. All summer, Molly had been dreading this moment.

"Is it time?" she asked, her voice wavering slightly.

"Not yet. I suppose you would like to wait until after everyone has eaten, right?" Professor Dumbledore asked, the usual twinkle gone from his blue eyes and his long fingertips pressed together.

"Yes, I suppose so. It would be hard to enjoy a meal after that."

"Mum, is dinner ready yet?" called Ron before entering the kitchen, Hermione close behind him.

"Ronald, I've told you a hundred times--your mother will let us know when dinner is ready!" chastised Hermione, smacking Ron on the shoulder.

"It's quite all right, Hermione. Why don't the two of you let everyone else know that dinner is ready?" asked Molly, not bothering to turn around and face her youngest son and his girlfriend. Neither of them seemed to notice their headmaster sitting at the head of the table observing the scene with a faint smile.

"All right, Mrs.Weaslely. Ron, you set the table while I go get the others," said Hermione in her bossiest voice. Ron nodded without complaint and watched as Hermione left the room to go find the rest of his family and Harry. Only then did he notice Dumbledore sitting at the table.

"Professor! I didn't know you were here!"

"Ah, Mr. Weasley, I have ways of becoming invisible without the aid of a cloak like Mr. Potter's. I am here not on business for the Order, but on less pleasant circumstances," replied Dumbledore. Ron's face clouded with astonishment and he hurried to set the table.

"Good afternoon, Headmaster. Are the Order members eating here tonight?" Harry asked as he and Ginny sat down at the table.

"No, as I just finished telling your friend Ronald, less than pleasant circumstances bring me here tonight."

As he finished explaining this to Harry, the other members of the Weasley family filed into the kitchen and sat down at the table to eat, each saying hello to the headmaster. When they had all finished eating, or had nearly finished, Dumbledore stood up and cleared his throat.

"As most of you have finished your dinners, I have a few things to say. If I say your name, I need you to stay behind," said Dumbledore, pulling a piece of parchment out of his pocket and unfolding it carefully. He cleared his throat before continuing. "Mr. Harry Potter, Ms. Hermione Granger, Mr. Ronald Weasley, Ms. Ginevra Weasley, Mr.'s Fred and George Weasley, and Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Weasley. If you would all follow me to the parlor, we could get this over with as soon as possible."

Looks of curiosity shifted between the young persons, but Molly and Arthur nodded gravely as they knew what was to ensue. All of them stood up and followed the legendary man out of the kitchen and into the parlor.

The transformation from before Dumbledore had arrived to now was astonishing to say the very least. Instead of two couches and a chair, the room now held four smaller love seats and a squishy chintz chair for Dumbledore. Before Dumbledore's seat stood a low podium and a pedestal with a large bowl on it. Harry recognized this as a pensieve, from the light and silvery substance that it held.

Everyone sat down tentatively on the seats, wondering what was happening. Dumbledore cleared his throat before continuing on.

"I have called all of you here to witness the reading of the last will and testament of Sirius Orion Black. Each of you has received something in the will and I wished that you all be the only ones to hear it firsthand, as that was the wish of the recently deceased Sirius Black. If you will all step forth, we shall begin."

Each member of the party stood up and stepped toward Professor Dumbledore, and Harry knew what was about to happen.

"This is a pensieve--Sirius's pensieve, to be exact. He left this in my possession should anything happen to him. Now, will everyone put a finger into the pensieve and we shall get this started."

As with a portkey, everyone put a finger into the bowl and its contents. Harry closed his eyes as he felt the familiar sensation of falling into the abyss that was the pensieve. He and Dumbledore landed gracefully in the memory while most everyone else fell into a heap. Harry helped Ginny up and they surveyed the scene around them. Ginny gasped as they saw Sirius sitting in the chintz chair, smiling.

"Is he?"

"No, Gin. This is a memory that he must have given to Dumbledore. He can't see or hear us, but we can see and hear him." Harry said sadly, before the group focused on his dead godfather, who began to speak.

"Hello everyone. I guess that I must be gone now, if you're seeing this memory. I wanted you all to learn from me just exactly what you'll be receiving now that I'm-I'm--well, now that I'm gone. First and foremost, Harry stop thinking that. I know what you're thinking and I won't have it. It doesn't matter how I died, and I want you to celebrate my life rather than blame yourself for my demise.

"Now, I guess I'd better explain who's getting what. First, Ron. I told you before how I felt about--well, you know. Don't forget what I said, because every word of it is true. I leave you that advice as well as the sum of ten thousand galleons that will be put into an account at Gringott's immediately. Use it well and wisely. But I'm sure you won't forget that with Hermione around." Ron smiled sadly, and Hermione gave him a pointed look.

"Speaking of which, I guess you're next, Hermione. To you I leave every single book in this wretched house, the sum of ten thousand galleons, and my advice. You also know what I speak of in that statement. Such a smart witch, I'm sure you'll enjoy the books my family has collected in our library.

"Ginny, in addition to the ten thousand that I am leaving you, I give you my invisibility cloak and my old broom--you know where it is. The cloak is in Moony's possession, but he knows that he's to give it to you. Also, I leave you the trunk that is in my room. You know where the key is.

"Ah, we finally get to my favorite troublemakers, Fred and George. I leave the two of you the sum of twenty-five thousand galleons--not that you really need it. This is to be used strictly for, er, the research and development of new products for your joke shop. Molly, I know you don't approve, but let them be happy and make others happy. God knows we could use it. Also, there is a room upstairs. It's on the third floor, fifth room on the left. In there you will find a few things that should help the two of you out in your endeavor.

"Finally, to my favorite adults. To Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, I leave first my undying gratitude for caring for Harry when you did. For that, a person can never be repaid. However, I can try. To the two of you, I leave the sum of five hundred thousand galleons which has already been transferred into your account. Also, I leave a sort of "dowry" for Ginny that follows wizarding tradition. In a separate account, there is five thousand galleons and a deed. I have already discussed this with Dumbledore and everything has been arranged, so don't even try to refuse it. I won't be needing it anymore.

"Lastly, to my greatest treasure--Harry. I leave you Grimmauld Place, the remainder of gold that is in my vault at Gringotts, and all my other worldly possessions. There are a few things that Moony has for you, too. Also, I'm giving you Kreacher, however foul and loathsome he may be. After all, he does know the secrets of the Order, as Dumbledore will be quick to remind you all.

"It's cruel that fate has ripped us all apart this way, but you all know that I lived long enough to at least get to know my godson. Don't think of me as gone forever--I merely passed on before it was expected. Now, I'll get to see James and Lily and I'll be able to tell them what kind of son they had. Good-bye isn't forever, everyone. I'll see to that."

Sirius's memory finished with a broad smile from the deceased, and it was then that Harry realized that most everyone was crying. As the memory ended, the group was dropped back into the parlor with a few thuds and everyone scrambled to sit one the couches. Harry noticed that Mr. and Mrs. Weasley still looked utterly astonished at what Sirius had left them.

"What deed--when did he?" stuttered Mrs. Weasley, looking towards Dumbledore. His eyes twinkled with merriment once again.

"Ah, Molly I was wondering who would be the first to ask," replied Dumbledore, sinking back into his squishy chair, looking as if he were expecting the questions Mrs.Weasley had just asked, even if he was the only one who understood them.

"He created the will and the memory you just viewed last Christmas, right after the attack on Mr. Weasley. The deed he spoke of is the deed to the Black Family Estate in the countryside outside of London, named Black Woods. It is a large mansion on five hundred or so acres, complete with stables and stream with a waterfall that connects to a very small lake or a rather large pond. That, however, depends on your views concerning bodies of water."

"Why didn't we use that as Headquarters?" asked Harry immediately. Surely if the estate had also been secure as 12 Grimmauld place, they could have used that?

"Harry, I know exactly what you're thinking. Black Woods is not secure like this house is. In fact, it's probably more vulnerable because of the surrounding estates, which belong to the Malfoys, Lestranges, and the Notts. Granted, those families are mostly in Azkaban at the moment or do not use the houses anymore. However, because of their owners, the house was not as secure as it should have been and we needed a place to have as Headquarters as soon as possible. It also did not have the enchantments making it Unplottable, and it would have taken too long to place all of those enchantments and test them to make sure that they were working properly. Does that answer your question?"

"I guess. But what's all this about a "dowry" for Ginny? What does that mean in the Wizarding world?"

"A dowry is generally a sum of money that is given by a girl's parents to the person she marries. In the Wizarding world, in addition to the money, a girl is also given a house to start as her own. It is not usually as extravagant as this one is, but I believe that Sirius couldn't possibly resist. He definitely had a soft spot for Ginny. Are there any other questions?"

There was a chorus of no's and nope's and the Weasley's and Hermione began to leave the room. Soon, it was just Harry and Professor Dumbledore left alone.

"Professor?"

"Yes, Harry?"

"Nevermind. It's nothing important."

"If you say so, Mr. Potter. Harry?"

"Yes?"

"This was also left for you by Sirius," said the wise Headmaster, holding out the parchment that he had set on the podium earlier.

"Thank you, Professor." Harry said, taking the parchment and leaving the room to go find Ginny.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=18711