The Circle Of Life Has Come Full Circle by CassandraTrelawney
Summary: *One-Shot* This story is about..Ron goes off to raid Voldemort's headquarters. He comes back unconcious. Hermione and Ron had been dating for 4 years, and Hermione has wonderful news for him. But how do you tell an unconcious person good news?
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4796 Read: 1992 Published: 04/08/05 Updated: 04/22/05

1. Full Circle by CassandraTrelawney

Full Circle by CassandraTrelawney
The Circle Of Life Comes Full Circle

Chapter 01 ~ Full Circle


It had been four years since Hermione had left Hogwarts, and three years since she left Mungo Healer Academy.

She had been dating Ron for all four years. In between Hermione working and Ron and Harry raiding Voldemort’s many headquarters, marriage had never come up.

She hadn’t seen Ron in two months. Ron, Harry, and a few other Auror’s had gone after a suspected headquarter.

And now she was scared. She had just gotten a call that thirty-two people were coming in. There was fifty all together, but there was eighteen casualties, and the rest were wounded.

There were only three Healers on duty tonight. Hermione gathered them quickly. “Ok, everyone. You know the drill. Do your work quickly. I will take the first twelve. Ann, you take the next ten. Beth, you take the last ten.” The other two Healers nodded. And without warning people started to carry others in.

Hermione took twelve and brought them into a ward. She quickly summoned twelve beds and quickly started to fill out forms, magically. She left to gather potions.

She came back in and made her way down the beds. Men at each bed telling her what happened.

She came to the last curtain. She flung it open and her eyes widened. She saw an old friend, and her boyfriend. His body lay limp on the bed. His body was drained of color, his red hair the only color portrayed on him.

His black robes were matted with blood and dirt. On his left arm was a long gash, and on his leg was cut that was bleeding freely.

His eyes were shut. He looked as if he were sleeping. She gasped. This couldn’t be her Ron. No…it couldn’t be.

Her eyes lingered to a tall man with untidy black hair, emerald green eyes behind wire-rimmed glasses, and a scar that told a story to the world. His emerald eyes were filled with despair, guilt, and worry.

“Hermione!” Harry Potter screamed.

“H-Harry! I haven’t seen you in…”

“In four years, I know.” He looked down and than quickly hugged her. “Hermione, he’s hurt and he won’t wake.”

Hermione rushed to the side of Ron and took his pulse. It was there, but faint and weak. She summoned a bright purple potion. She lifted Ron up, and Harry held him up. She poured the liquid down his throat and than took a vital, with her vitalscope.

“What’s wrong with him?” Harry asked frantically, as Hermione jotted something down on his sheet.

She looked up at her old friend. Color drained from her face. She straightened and sighed. “Harry, h-he’s unconscious. According to my vitals…he’s in a coma.” Hermione broke down. No, this couldn’t happen! She had news. News for her only boyfriend, her love, her future husband, and her only hope.

Harry walked around the bed and hugged Hermione. “Hermione, it will be ok. He’ll be alright”

She looked up at him, in his eyes. No, he would never understand. She quickly swiped at the tears that had poured so furiously out of her eyes. “No, Harry. You don’t understand.”

Harry looked at her quizzically. “Why? He’s-he’s not dead?”

“No. He’s got a pulse. But he’s in a deep coma. He may never wake. But…he has to. He just has to.” Hermione looked at the fragile body. She walked over to him. She moved a deep red tress from his forehead. “I have news, news for us, and only us.” She lingered at his side. “Come back my love.”

Harry walked over to her. “Hermione, it’s ok. He’ll be fine. He will be fine,” he said firmly.

Hermione sat down on a chair. “No, Harry. If he doesn’t wake…” Hermione couldn’t bring herself to finish.

“If he doesn’t wake…what?”

“I’ll be left with a burden.”

Harry knelt in front of her. “Hermione, it’s not your fault. I will not let Voldemort get away with this,” Harry said firmly.

Hermione shook her head. “It’s not that.”

“What is it then?”

She waved her hand. “It’s nothing.” She swiped the hair from Harry’s forehead to see blood glistening and dropping from the cut. “Let me fix that,” she said to him.

She stood and she offered the chair to Harry. He reluctantly sat whilst she started to fret with the cut. She cleaned it and bandaged it. “Thanks,” he said when she finished.

She nodded and said, “You’re welcome. Now go outside, let me dress him.” Harry nodded and stepped outside the curtain.

Hermione went to Ron’s bedside. She undressed him. She cleaned his body of blood and dirt. She dressed him in a hospital gown and than cleaned the cut on his arm and leg.

After she finished she sat down next to him. “Ron, I wish you weren’t like this. You have to come back. I have something for you. A secret…a story…a special gift. But you need to come back to me. Come back, Ron.

“You always wanted children.” She took his hand into hers. She placed it gingerly on her stomach. “And now, you have a baby girl…a daughter”

----*----


After conferring with Harry about Ron’s condition she left Harry by Ron’s limp body. She went back to the Healer’s station.

“Healer Hermione, all my patients are doing fine,” the girl named Ann reported.

Hermione nodded. “Good work, Ann. Leave reports for all your patients than go home.” The Healer nodded and than left for her ward.

Hermione sat down and summoned a cup of tea. She sipped it comfortingly. She looked at the clock. 11:00 pm. She still had six hours of her shift left. The Healer named Beth walked in as she closed her eyes and started to rub her temples.

“Healer Hermione?” she asked Hermione.

“What is it, Beth?” Hermione asked, without even looking up.

“I have finished.”

“Leave reports than go home.” Hermione heard the Healer leave. How could this happen to me? Hermione asked herself. How could Ron leave her? He’s not technically gone! She told herself.

“Rough night, eh, Hermione?” asked a man.

Hermione looked up. It was Jack. “Thirty-two people came in, yeah I am assuming it was a rough night.”

“Thirty-two?” the Healer asked.

“Raid on Voldemort’s headquarters. Here, take Ann’s ward. I don’t think Beth is done with her reports.” The male Healer nodded and headed towards Ann’s ward.

Hermione looked at the clock again. 11:30 pm. “Have to do rounds,” she told herself aloud.

She gathered a cart and put the potions she would need on it. She walked into her ward.

“Good to see you sitting up, Seamus,” Hermione said to her former classmate.

He nodded. “I hurt all over though.”

Hermione poured him a bright green potion and handed it to him. “Take this,” she poured another liquid. “And than I want you to take this. It will keep from any infections, and immune to sickness.” Seamus took the potions, taking them quickly.

“Thanks, Hermione.” She nodded at the man and than went from bed to bed.

She came to the last curtain. She couldn’t bring herself to open them. She took a grip on the rough, thick fabric and she opened them slowly.

“Hey, Hermione,” Harry said wearily.

Hermione check her watch. “Morning, Harry.” She went to Ron’s side. She brought four cups of different liquids to his side. “Hold him for me, Harry?” she asked him. Harry stood up and he eased Ron into a sitting position.

“What are all of those?” he asked Hermione.

Hermione pointed to each one. “This bright green one is for any pain. This gray one is for infection and immunity to sickness. This blue one is vitamins, and this red one is for…it’s to bring a person out of comas.” Harry nodded and he watched as Hermione poured each one down Ron’s throat.

Harry set him back, laying him on his back. “Harry, go home and get some rest,” Hermione insisted.

Harry shook his head. “No. The Weasley family is on their way over. I will wait until they get here, than I will go back to headquarters.”

Hermione nodded. She summoned a purple potion in a flask. “Take this home. It will put you in a dreamless sleep, I brought it for you.” She handed Harry the flask. Harry smiled faintly.

“Thanks,” he said gratefully.

Hermione walked out and into the hallway. She made her way down to the bathroom. She walked to the sink and turned the cold water on. She cupped her hands and let them fill with the ice-cold water. She splashed it onto her face. She repeated this several times. She dried her face slowly.

“I better get back to my patients,” she said, looking at herself in the mirror. She watched a tear drop out of the corner of her eye. She watched it as it fell down her face and onto her uniform. She wiped the wetness away and straightened. She walked out and into her ward to see several red heads bobbing about.

“Hermione!” Ginny squealed, upon seeing the Healer.

“Hello, Ginny.” Ginny hugged Hermione and than asked, “Hermione, what’s wrong with him? He won’t wake.”

Hermione frowned. She walked over to Ron’s bedside where Mr. And Mrs. Weasley was staring down at their son. Mrs. Weasley asked, “Hermione, what’s wrong with my baby?” she asked in a breathless voice.

Hermione straightened. “Mr. And Mrs. Weasley, Ron is unconscious. He is in a deep coma.” Hermione didn’t add ‘deadly’. She couldn’t bring herself to do so.

“Oh my, Merlin,” Mr. Weasley whispered.

“I am so, so sorry,” Hermione said to them. “I will be back. Let me tend to my other patients. I will be back in a moment.” All of their heads nodded. Ginny went into her mother’s arms; Bill sat on the opposite side, along with Charlie. The twins were at the foot of the bed, sitting in chairs.

Hermione tended to each of her patients. It was her eleventh patient who asked the question she wished to not answer. “Healer, what’s wrong with Weasley?”

Hermione looked at the man. “He’s in a coma,” she answered simply.

“Will he wake?”

Hermione felt tears coming to her eyes. She held them back. “I don’t know, Mr. Paterson.” The man nodded his head sadly. “Mr. Paterson, get some rest, you need it.” The man went back under his covers. Hermione went onto the last bed, Ron’s bed.

The Weasley’s all looked tired, beat. She too walked to Ron’s bedside. “Will he ever wake, Hermione?” Bill asked her.

Hermione couldn’t bring herself to say ‘no’. But than she couldn’t bring herself to say ‘yes’, and lie to her second family, the Weasley’s. She shook her head in a confused manner. “I really don’t know. His signs are good. He’s reacting to movements and vitals. I am sure he will wake, but than I am not so sure.”

They all looked at her. “What should we do?” Charlie asked.

“Go home, get some rest. I will send for you if anything happens. I will be right back, let me give you all a potion.” Hermione headed for the storage room, she gathered up seven potions, one for each family member. She handed them to each member. “Take the flask before you go to bed. The potion will give you a dreamless slumber.”

“Hermione, will you be Ron’s Healer?” Ginny asked. She looked so innocent in her mum’s arms and so child-like. But Hermione knew that she was not a child. She was twenty-two, almost twenty-three and engaged to her best friend.

“Yes, Ginny. I will be Ron’s Healer. From the second he walked in I was and until his last breath I will be.”

Everyone took into effect what Hermione had just said, ‘…until his last breath I will be.’ Last breath?

“All of you go back to The Burrow and get a full nights rest. I will send for you, I promise.”

They all nodded and left sullenly and reluctantly. When the last Weasley closed the door, Hermione pulled the curtains shut and she placed a silencing charm on the cubicle.

She sat on the chair next to Ron’s bed. She took his hand into hers. She felt tears streaming down her cheeks. “Ron, you have to wake. You have to come back to your family…you have to come back to me. Please, wake.” She looked at his eyes hoping for them to flutter open and look into her eyes. But they didn’t. They remained lifeless and still.

She couldn’t figure out how to awaken him. Yet, the answer was simple. But for the mind of Hermione Granger, it was too complex.

----*----


The weeks flew by fast and Hermione found herself in Ron’s cubicle often. Ron had been unconscious for six months now. It was September, and it was her birthday.

Her belly had swollen, but she had been using a concealing charm. She hadn’t told the Weasley’s yet about her dilemma. And for Hermione it was awkward. Awkward that she had been putting this off, she never put things off. And it was awkward that she hid something from people whom she considered a second family.

She was sitting by Ron’s side; she was unaware of the presence in the room behind her. “Ron, come back, my love.”

“Do you think he will ever wake, Hermione?” came the familiar motherly voice she knew and loved.

Hermione sat up quickly. “Oh, Mrs. Weasley! I didn’t hear you come in.”

She smiled faintly. “It’s ok, Hermione. But you still haven’t answered my question.”

Hermione frowned. “I don’t know. I am going through each medical Healer book, but nothing has come up yet.”

“You love him, don’t you?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

Hermione nodded her head silently. She couldn’t hold in her secret any longer. It felt like the right moment, she had to say something to someone or else she was going to burst. “Mrs. Weasley, I need someone to talk to. And considering my parents died a few years back, you seem like the only one.”

Mrs. Weasley walked over to Hermione. She pulled a chair next to Hermione’s, and Hermione sat down too. ‘What is it, dear? You can tell me anything.”

Hermione sighed. “You’re the only one I would want to share this with, and you’re the only one that would understand.” Mrs. Weasley nodded, waiting for Hermione to continue. “Mrs. Weasley…I “ I “ I…I am pregnant.”

Mrs. Weasley smiled, but than frowned. “Oh, I see. Is it…is it “ is it Ron’s child?”

Hermione nodded. “Yes. I haven’t been unfaithful, I will tell you that much.”

Mrs. Weasley smiled. “I understand. How far along are you? I mean…you have to be pretty far along.”

Hermione nodded. “I got pregnant two months before Ron was brought in.

“But Ron had given me strict instructions not to owl him or send for him, unless it was an immediate and urgent emergency. He didn’t want Voldemort to find out they were going to raid.

“So, I never owled him for fear of them being caught by Voldemort or one of his Death Eaters. I was going to wait until he got home to tell him the news.

”So, I am six months pregnant, with only three more months left,” Hermione told the aged mother. She sobbed, sobs racking her body.

Mrs. Weasley put a hand on Hermione’s hand. “I understand why you kept this. I am so sorry, Hermione. But seeing as I had six children, I will help you. I bet your concealing your stomach, huh?”

Hermione nodded tearfully. “I didn’t want anyone to know.”

Mrs. Weasley nodded. “No need to conceal it anymore. I will tell my lot, and I will tell them not to bother you.”

Hermione smiled. “Thank-you, Mrs. Weasley. Ever since my mum has died, you have been a mother to be. I will never forget that.”

Mrs. Weasley gave her a reassuring smiled. “And you have been like a daughter to me.”

They hugged each other motherly, and to Hermione it was just what she needed at the moment. “Can I un-conceal now?”

Mrs. Weasley nodded happily, and smiled weakly. “I would be disappointed if you didn’t.”

----*----


The next day she headed to the Head Healer’s office. Se had been un-concealed for less than twenty-four hours, and she felt awkward.

She knocked on the door. “Healer Cecilia?”

The aged Healer looked up from her work and smiled. “Ah, Healer Hermione, how nice to see you. I trust your work is fine?” The aged Healer glanced over Hermione, noticing her swollen stomach. “I see your work is fine, but maybe not you?”

Hermione blushed. “I am sorry to bother you, but uh, I need to talk to you.”

The old Healer smiled and gestured for her to take a seat. “And how have you hidden this from me?”

“Concealment Charm.”

“I see. How have you been?”

“A bit embarrassed.”

The Healer laughed. “I understand why. Well, seeing as you are Head of emergencies, I trust you know the rules, etc. So, how far in are you?”

“Six months, two weeks, and three days.”

“Counting I see.” Hermione blushed and nodded. “Well, so you are due…”

“I am due in December.”

The Healer nodded. “Well, the day before you have your Thanksgiving break, that will be your last day.”

Hermione smiled. “Thanks, Healer Cecilia!” Hermione rose and left the room. Only to tend to her duties, and for a long sit by Ron’s bedside.

----*----


That night Hermione was reading in her flat in London, when she heard a loud CRACK from her kitchen.

“Hermione?” came Ginny Weasley’s voice.

Hermione put down her book. “I am in the den, Ginny.” The young girl appeared in the doorway and smiled at Hermione.

“Oh, Hermione! My mum said not bother you, but I couldn’t help myself! I hope you don’t mind.”

Hermione smiled. “No, I don’t mind at all.”

The girl sat down on Hermione’s side. “You are going to have a baby! Mum told us all!”

Hermione frowned. “How did everyone take it? Do they all hate me?”

Ginny smiled. “Actually, they are all giddy, all of them are talking about being Aunt’s and Uncle’s. I think they have forgotten that you and Ron aren’t married yet.”

“Oh, I don’t mind. You are all family to me, you can be her aunt and them her uncle’s,” Hermione said to the girl.

“Oh! I am so excited! So happy!” Ginny said all giddy.

“I am happy that you are happy,” Hermione said laughing.

“Oh! Can I come shopping with you, for the baby clothes? Aw, the little robes and shirts!” Ginny said.

Hermione laughed at the girl’s statement. “I know I am excited too.”

“Can I help set up with the nursery? Actually, mum sent me over for that. She said you bought the furniture.”

It was true. Hermione had bought a dresser, a crib, a changing table, and some toys. “I have. Your help would be appreciated.”

“Oh! Hermione, thanks so mu “ Hermione? Are you all right?” Ginny asked the girl.

Hermione smiled and looked up at the girl. “Ginny, the baby, it just kicked. That’s the first time I have felt it do that!” Hermione exclaimed. “Give me your hand,” Hermione said. She took Ginny’s hand and she placed it on her stomach.

Ginny’s face lit up. “I felt it! I really did feel it. Wow, Hermione, thanks for sharing this with me,” Ginny said lovingly, she looked at her hand that was placed on Hermione’s stomach.

Hermione smiled at the girl. “There’s no one else I would want to share it with. Except your mum and/or…Ron,” Hermione said, suppressing tears for the sake of her friend.

Ginny nodded, teary-eyed. “And I am glad that I got to experience it.”

They heard two more CRACK’s and in walked the Weasley twin’s, Fred and George walked in.

”Hermione!” Fred said. “Congratulations on the pregnancy.”

“Yeah! A baby! Who would have thought?” George mused.

----*----


It was December twenty-fourth and Hermione came in to sit next to Ron. She had to be at the Weasley’s in an hour.

She was expecting the baby any day now, and she was happier than ever. She wanted to birth the baby and see the resemblance.

She lifted Ron’s hand to her stomach. “This may just be the last time you feel this swollen stomach,” she said to him. She stared at him, as involuntary movements kept his body in movement.

A tear flowed down her cheek. “Ron, I haven’t said this to you since you have been unconscious. I haven’t said much. I have been to scared. I want to say it now. It’s Christmas Eve, and you deserve a present.”

Hermione stood up, keeping Ron’s hand in hers. “Ron Weasley, I truly care about you. I love you, I love you my love.” She bent down and kissed him. She shut her eyes and had her lips gingerly brush against his. She brought her face away from his. She sat down and put her head on the bed, her hand still in his.

She felt someone tighten her hand. “Hermione…?” came a long awaited voice.

Hermione looked up. Ron’s blue eyes were staring back at her. They were open and awake. “Ron! You “ you are awake!”

“Yeah, I am. My head hurts horribly though. And all I remember was…being hit by a curse from Voldemort.

“Than I remember being in an endless sleep. I tried to come back, but I couldn’t. I could hear all of you all calling me, and telling me to come back.” Ron finished. He looked at her.

Hermione had tears flowing freely down her face. “I am so happy you are awake!”

He looked at her. “You look different.”

She blushed. She had to tell him. “Well, I have put on a few pounds.”

“You couldn’t have been that depressed,” Ron said. He looked down at her. His eyes widened at her stomach. “Hermione! You “ you “ you’re pregnant!” Ron stammered. “Whose the father of the baby?” Ron asked.

Hermione smiled faintly. “I am staring into the eyes of the father.”

Ron looked at her with dismay. “That can’t be possible, I mean, is it?”

“Ron, I found out that I was pregnant after you left. But you told me not to owl you unless it was an emergency. So, I decided to tell you when you came back.

“So, I waited for you to come back. But you came in unconscious. And you have been unconscious for seven months now. I was two months pregnant when you came in.

“Your mum has helped me. And so has Ginny.”

Ron smiled. “Mum, Ginny! Are they ok? How is everyone?”

“Everyone is fine.”

Ron smiled. “Now, Hermione, my love. I want you to tell me about your… our baby.” He took his now warm hand into hers. She frowned at him and he frowned in response. “What’s wrong? If you don’t want to tell me, you don’t have to.”

Hermione shook her head. “No, I do. But, Ron…”

“What’s wrong?”

“My water just broke.” Hermione looked up at him and smiled a wan smile.

Ron looked at her in utter surprise. “B-broke?”

Hermione nodded. “Two miracles in one day. I am the happiest woman alive.”

Ron shook his head. “No, there’s going to be three.”

Hermione looked at him confused. He got off the bed and knelt by her. “You’ve been alone these nine long months. Now, I am giving you something back. Hermione Granger, will you marry me?”

Hermione smiled than frowned. “Yes, I will.”

“Why the long face?”

She grabbed his hand, almost ripping it off. “Co-con-contraction!” she bellowed.

Ron grimaced from the pain. He ran out into the hallway. “Healer!” he screamed.

Healer Ann came running into the room. “Mr. Weasley you’re supposed to be “ be “ to be…”

Ron gave her a frown. “Yeah, yeah! Enough time for the congratulations later! Hermione is in labor!”

Healer Ann looked from Ron to Hermione. “Oh, Hermione! And on Christmas Eve! How exciting! Let me get you a wheelchair!” The Healer summoned a wheelchair and helped Hermione into it.

They made their way to the Birthing Floor and settled Hermione in. “You know, Ron,” Hermione began after a contraction. “You’re mum and dad and brother’s and sister are going to want to see you first. Why don’t you meet them outside of the room, and have a reunion before they come into here.”

Ron shook his head. “No way! I will not leave you.”

“Yes you will, Ronald Bilius Weasley! Now, go meet your family you haven’t seen nor spoken to in nine months.”

He looked flabbergasted. Hermione had just said his full name. “Fine. But I am only going because you want me too.”

He walked out of the room. Hermione sat there, breathing heavily. Moments later she heard squeals of joy and shouts from his brothers and sister.

Ginny came walking into the room. “Oh, Hermione! You did it! You brought him back to us! How did you do it?” Ginny asked. Oblivious to the fact that Hermione was in labor. ‘

“I don’t know, Ginny. I sat with him and than I said…”

Ginny came closer to Hermione and said, “And than you said, what?”

“I said I loved him,” Hermione answered simply. “That had to be it! To give him the will to live, I gave him the will by telling him I loved him.”

Ginny smiled. “Oh, Hermione! This is wonderful!”

“And…Ron has asked me to marry him. Three miracles in one day, can it get any better?”

“Yes, you are now officially part of this family.”

“No…not right now. It can’t get better,” Hermione said, her face cringing.

“Wh-what’s wrong?”

Hermione looked at the girl. “Go. Get. Ron. NOW!” she bellowed.

Ginny ran out of the room, returning with Ron and Mrs. Weasley at her heals. Ron came to her side and held her hand, whilst Mrs. Weasley said soothing words, and Ginny wiping her forehead.

----*----


“Congratulations, Hermione. At exactly the stroke of midnight you have given birth to a baby girl,” Healer Cecilia said. The Healer handed Hermione a pink blanket that squirmed in the grip of the Healer.

Hermione took the baby lovingly. She looked into the baby’s eyes and than up into Ron’s. “You wanted to start a family, and now here we are, starting a family.”

Ron smiled. “Just like I wanted, just like you wanted.”

Hermione nodded. A short rap came on the door and Mrs. Weasley opened it slowly. “Uh, the boys and Ginny would like to come see. Can they?”

Hermione nodded happily. “Send them in, I don’t mind.”

The twins, Bill, Charlie, Ginny, and Mr. And Mrs. Weasley stepped into the room.

Ron stood up proudly and said, “Everyone, I would like you all to meet my daughter, Felicity Eve Weasley.”

Hermione beamed at all of them. “Ron and I picked Felicity, and Eve because miracles were brought upon us on Christmas Eve. But it’s Christmas, a Christmas Baby. Three miracles in two days.” She looked up at each smiling red head. “It almost seems like the Circle of life has come full circle.”




Author's Note ~ Hello everyone! I hope that you enjoyed the story!! Review for we, will you?

Thanks!





Riddle 05 ~

UK stands for United Kingdom respectively
Where our loveable Harry Potter started
It came to the US bravely
But, these television spots were there and first started.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=19196