Lethal Attraction by Veela Girl
Summary: STILL UPDATING! GO TO fanfiction.com FOR MORE CHAPS! When two lovers are torn apart due to family rivalries, they vow to bring together two soul mates, against all the odds. Now fire and ice will unite; alone they're simply dangerous, but bring them together, and they're fatal. Two opposite forces come together to form a bond so unbreakable, a bond of LETHAL ATTRACTION.
Categories: Draco/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1960 Read: 1406 Published: 04/25/05 Updated: 06/10/05

1. Prologue: Heartbreak by Veela Girl

Prologue: Heartbreak by Veela Girl
Prologue: Heartbreak

The windows were open, letting the crisp morning air in. A muddled shape lay in the bed, bathing in sunlight as it poured in. She took a deep breath, enjoying the mint like smell of the fresh breeze; it was momentary, but a pleasure nonetheless. She looked out the window, with gloomy eyes, trying not the think about what lay ahead on this particular day.

Someone knocked on her bedroom door.

“Come in” she said softy.

A woman entered the room, crossed over and sat down beside her. She was a middle aged, with amber hair, pale but lively skin and understanding green eyes. She put an arm around her daughter, fully aware of what she was going through, but only being able to image her pain.

“It’ll be ok” she said in a soft, soothing voice.

The girl simply lowered her head onto her mother’s shoulder, a lone tear rolling down her cheek. She breathed deeply to keep herself from breaking down.

“Maybe. But, I’ll never see him again” she said, pain audible in her voice.

“Shh…Elizabeth, you mustn’t regret him. He’s going to do great things. Support him, show him…… that you love him” she patted her daughter, sympathising her child’s sorrow.

‘She has gone through so much. My poor baby, and now this. How much more of this can she take?’

Elizabeth sighed deeply, trying to soothe her aching heart, but failing miserably.

“I know, but it hurts. Too much” she replied after a minute’s pause. Elizabeth Weasley turned around to hug her mother, tightly, all the while biting her lip to suppress a cry. Her auburn hair fell over her tear streaked face. She felt suffocated, lying there on her bed, not being able to be with the man she loved. She hated not being able to write her own destiny. Her mother hugged her back, quietly patting her head for the lack of words.

“Why does life have to be such a……tragedy? I love him mum, and he loves me. I loved him despite knowing that he would choose that path one day, that father wouldn’t approve, that I……….am betrothed.” Rivers of tears ran down cheeks as she finished her sentence.

“Shh... don’t talk that way, Eliza, you have no control over who love and certainly none over your fate,” she cupped Elizabeth’s face in her hands, her green eyes staring back into stormy chocolate ones, “and don’t you ever repent falling in love, ever. It’s the most important thing in your life, if not the only one”

She gave her daughter one last, tight hug and got up to leave, but turned around when she reached the door.

“Go talk to him Elizabeth. Say goodbye” with that she left and silence once again engulfed the room.

Elizabeth buried her face in her knees, memories flooding back to her.

Her and Thomas at Hogwarts, walking around the grounds, holding hands. Oh they looked so happy.

The memory changed, Thomas and she were now in Diagon Alley, sipping coffee at Cassandra’s Café, frequently stealing kisses. That was the day he had gotten the letter from the Ministry, bearing the news of his acceptance as an auror.

‘He was so happy that day,’ Elizabeth thought as a faint smile crept across her face, ‘if only we had known, if only we had eloped...no you know you couldn’t do that, not without father’s permission’

Her mind wandered back, this time to the night Thomas had proposed. They were at the manor, in the balcony facing the garden. He had had it decorated with magical green and red orbs, the table bearing three exquisite candles, all emitting a soft green light. The garden was beautiful as always, spotted with tiny lights floating around like tinkering little fairies. The air bore a feeling of content. They had just finished their dinner, and were now sipping red wine.

Elizabeth remembered how peaceful she had felt, just being there with him.

Then he got up, ran a hand through his silver blond hair, before getting down on his knees. When he looked up, his eyes were gleaming with hope, and with happiness. “Elizabeth Joanne Weasley,” he had said, “will you marry me?”

She gasped, then squealed, and whispered a jovial ‘yes’ before jumping on to him.

Elizabeth inhaled again, thinking about how happy she had been that night. They had kissed for hours, before dedicating the whole night to passionate love making.

But the smile on her face disappeared as she thought of another night, the night her father had forbid her to marry Thomas. She flinched at the sharp pain that passed through her chest as the memory replayed itself in her head.

The atmosphere was no longer content, but was now filled with tension. Two men stood at wither ends of the room, glaring at each other, their eyes glowing with pure hatred. “Malfoy” hissed her father. “Sir” Thomas shot back. He turned to look Elizabeth, who was standing beside him, trembling under the pressure. “Tell him Eliza; tell him you love me, and that you are going to marry me.” She looked up at his face to be met by a pair of reassuring but firm eyes. She nodded slightly and turned to face her father. With a deep breath she said, “I love him father. I want to marry him”, never breaking eye contact with her furious father.

“Love!” he spat back, “You call this love? He is a MALFOY! Or did you forget all the insults his family’s thrown our emphasising our lack of money?” His face was now red with fury.

“No I haven’t, but he is DIFFERENT! He’s kind and polite and the most proper man I’ve ever met! You can’t blame a person’s family onto him; didn’t you always tell me that? Huh?” Elizabeth shot back, her Weasley temper now empowering her anxiety.

“Surely you must jest! I cannot believe my only daughter is ready to go marry a person, whose family has degraded us every chance they’ve got! They’re not capable of love Eliza, especially for us”

“Oh how dare-” Elizabeth was cut off by Thomas stepping forward, his silver eyes now raging with anger.

“That’s enough! I love Elizabeth more than I’ve ever loved anyone in my life. I will not stand here and watch you hurt her. You must either accept her decision and give us your blessings and hold a grudge and watch us get married. Either way I am going to marry your daughter!”

“Oh we’ll see about that,” her father said softly. He turned his towards Elizabeth, fixing her under his firm gaze.

“My dear you can go marry him, but when you do, you can also rid yourself of this family, because we don’t need a traitor in this house. It’s your choice Eliza us or him?” his eyes glittered with the challenge, daring her to defy him. In some corner of the room, her mother gasped, “Mathew! You can’t mean that! She loves Mathew, and obviously he loves her!”

“Oh yes I do mean it Daphne, he doesn’t love her, he just wants to use her. I will not let that happen. Not over my dead body!” Mathew replied harshly, “Besides she is betrothed to Alan Camberley, don’t forget that”. With another loud gasp her mother fell silent. Thomas stepped forward threatening to attack Mathew. “You bastard, how could you do that to her? How could you put her in that position? You’re depriving her of love you sick asshole!”

“Ah, but it is still her decision……so let her decide…” he replied calmly.

After what seemed like ages, Elizabeth finally looked up, he face tearstained and full of loathing and anger.

“I can’t believe you made me do this. You’re sick, and just so you know, you just killed my respect for you. But I can’t leave my family and you know that……alright I won’t marry him, if it makes you happy, but be aware that I won’t marry Alan either. Thank you father, for killing my soul.” She turned to face Thomas, who looked all confused, furious and hurt.

“You have to understand. I can’t leave my family. I’m sorry, oh Thomas, I’m so sorry,” she fell into his arms, crying. Her heart felt like it had been ripped apart from her body and thrown across the floor. After some minutes she looked up at him to see a very weary and defeated face.

“I love you. And I will never love again, I promise” she whispered.

He took a deep breath, “I love you too, and I can never love anyone else.” With that he turned on his heel, and walked out of the room, and out of her life. She fell down on her floor and cried…for hours, letting out the pain, the anger, the frustration, before fainting into darkness.

Elizabeth blinked, once and then twice, before digesting her surrounding and mixing in with the environment again. Her father had been horrible, and she could never forgive him for ruining her life. As she sat there, she wondered what her life would have been if her father had allowed them to get married. Oh how happy she would have been.

‘No, don’t even think about it!’ she chastised herself, ‘you’ll just end up getting hurt all over again.’

Sadly she nodded her agreement to her thoughts and got up to get ready. She has not seen Thomas since her father had refused him her hand in marriage. He had owled once though; as she looked around the room, she saw it lying on the floor. She picked it up to read what seemed like the hundredth time the same painful message engraved on the yellow parchment:



Dear Elizabeth,

How are you? I am sorry I haven’t seen you in so many days. It kills me to be away from you, but you have made your decision, and so has your father. But I must ask you again, will you elope with me? I think I probably know the answer to that question, so I won’t push it. Anyways, I am writing to you, probably for the last time, to inform you that, I am moving north. I have accepted the job the Ministry offered me in North England. I leave on October 31st from King’s Cross Station, Platform 8 2/4, at noon… I love you Elizabeth, never forget that. And don’t ever regret what we had, even though we couldn’t finish our love story. Let’s just hope others have better luck. All the time I was with you, you have made me the happiest and the luckiest man on earth, and I hope I returned the favour. So this is where we say goodbye. I know it is hard to let go, but I want you to remember what I said that night, I will never love anyone else, I CAN’T love anyone else. Adieu my fair maiden, I will love you till my death an
d even after that.


Forever yours,


Thomas M.


Tears rolled down her cheek, as she finished reading. One man who had loved her with all his life, and now he was about to leave hers. She quickly wiped away the tears and got dressed. Gathering all her determination and strength she apparated to King’s Cross Station, eyes ready to search for her beau.