The Beginning of Forever by Ronsbiggestfan09
Summary: This takes place in the trio's fouth year during and after the Yule Ball. Harry is taking Hermione, but wants to be with someone else. Hermione and Ron both have secret feelings for each other that are about to be uncovered.
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 2540 Read: 6561 Published: 11/14/04 Updated: 11/27/04

1. The Approaching Ball by Ronsbiggestfan09

2. The Yule Ball by Ronsbiggestfan09

3. Valentines Day by Ronsbiggestfan09

The Approaching Ball by Ronsbiggestfan09
Note: I do not own Harry Potter, any other characters or settings. It all belongs to J.K. Rowling.



The Approaching Ball


The ball was approaching and Ron still didn’t know who his date was. Hermione, the only girl he had considered taking, already had a date, Harry. Harry Potter was Ron’s best friend, but still he was slightly jealous of Harry and upset with himself for not asking Hermione first.

Hermione was excited about the ball, and going with Harry, but she was also slightly upset. “Why didn’t Ron ask me first?” she thought to herself, “ I wish he would have.” She sighed, “ Oh well maybe next time.”

Harry was fairly excited for the ball, even though he didn’t think it was a big deal. It would be a chance to relax and hangout with his two best friends. Plus he would get to eat delicious food and listen to a great band. “This won’t be so bad, at least I have a date,” Harry chuckled.

The three friends met in the common room to talk about their plans for the ball. “ I don’t think I’m going,” Ron quietly announced.

“Why not?” Hermione questioned.

“I STILL don’t have a date, so what’s the point?” Ron said.

“Take your sister, she doesn’t have a date yet, well sure it might not be the best date but at least its someone,” Hermione offered.

“Hmmm…I guess, where is Ginny anyway?” Ron asked.

“ She’s up in the dormitory studying,” she stated, “Hold on I’ll go get her.”

~~~~

“Hey Ginny go down stairs for a second, Ron needs to talk to you.”

“Alright, I’ll be down in a minute,” Ginny mumbled tiredly.

~~~~

“What do you want Ron?”

“Come over here for a moment,” Ron said beckoning her towards the corner.

“Okay, hurry up, what do you want?” Ginny asked.

“ Well I…uh…was wondering if you would…uh…go to the Ball with me because I don’t have a date and you don’t have a date, so will you?” Ron asked hurriedly.

“I guess so,” Ginny answered.

“Really?… I mean, okay, thanks Ginny,” Ron said excitedly.

Ginny returned to her dormitory and Ron joined his friends. “Well that was easy, I guess I’m going now,” Ron declared.

“Well that’s good,” Hermione said quietly. She was glad Ron had a date but wondered why it wasn’t her. Thoughts bounced back and forth in her min. ‘Does he not like me? I always thought he did. Well I guess I’ll still have a good time with Harry.’

Ron was happy, he finally had a date, but it was his sister. Why wasn’t it Hermione? Maybe he could at least dance with her once. Ron was so mad at himself for not asking her first. ‘She probably wouldn’t have even gone with me. She’s too good for me’ he thought. “I hate being poor,” Ron mumbled out loud.

“What did you say Ron?” Hermione questioned.

“What…oh uh nothing sorry.”

“Okay well do you guys want to go down to dinner? I’m starving,” Harry asked.

“Yeah, that’s sounds good,” Ron replied.

The three walked out of the common room and towards the Great Hall. “Hey Ron is something wrong?” Hermione asked gently, “you’ve been acting kind of strange lately.”

“Oh no I’m fine thanks.” Ron said absently.

~~~~

When the three got to the Great Hall, people were already filing into the Hall. The smell of roast beef and potatoes filled the Hall. The trio found a seat at Gryffindor table next Fred and George. “Hey little brother, how you doing?” they both asked.

“Fine but I’m wicked hungry.” Ron and Harry started piling their plates full. Hermione ate hurriedly then headed off to the library, like usual.

“She is ALWAYS at the library,” Harry commented.

“ Yeah, no kidding,” Ron said, his mouth full of potatoes.

After dinner Harry and Ron went back to the common room to work on a potions essay. Later Hermione stumbled into the common room with an armful of books. Harry and Ron exchanged curious glances. “I thought these might help Harry with the tournament,” she said setting the books down on a near by table.

“Okay well anyway I’m going to bed,” Ron said through a big yawn.

“Me too,” Harry added, Trying to avoid the heap of books Hermione wanted him to read.

“Well I might as well go too.”

~~~~

The next few days were hectic as the ball approached. Girls were busy exchanging hair and makeup tips while the boys were busy talking about the girls.

The day of the ball finally came and everyone was restless. Classes were out that day, so a majority of the girls spent all day getting ready.

An hour before the ball Ron and Harry went to get dressed. Hermione and Ginny hadn’t been seen since lunch. Once they got dressed they headed towards the Entrance Hall, where they would meet the girls.

~~~~

The Entrance Hall was quiet, only a few people were there. Everyone must already be in the Great Hall they both thought.

After a few minutes Harry and Ron heard footsteps and quiet chit-chat. Ginny and Hermione soon came into view.

Ginny was wearing deep purple robes and her hair was slightly curled. Hermione was wearing dark blue robes and her hair laid casually on her shoulders. Ron noticed his mouth hanging open slightly and quickly closed it. ‘She looks beautiful’ he thought.

Harry was happy but also had something bothering him. He was a little sad he couldn’t take Ginny. Was he really that stupid? He knew Ron and Hermione liked each other. It was obvious they were suppose to be together. After knowing that he still had asked her. He didn’t know why he had asked when Ginny was the one he really had wanted to take.

“Are you ready?” Ron asked everyone.

“Yeah,” the rest said together.

And with that the four of them entered the Great Hall.





Please review!! Be gentle this is my first fic!
Chapter 2 coming very soon!!!
The Yule Ball by Ronsbiggestfan09
The Yule Ball




A warm cheerfulness filled the air as they entered the hall. All regrets left their minds.

“Smells good,” Ron exclaimed, his stomach rumbling like thunder.

“Yeah, the band sounds pretty good too,” Ginny added.

“We should find a table before this place starts filling up,” Hermione said.

“Sounds good to me!” Harry said.

~~~~

They soon found a table in the corner by the band. “I’m starving!” Ron cried. They each picked up menus and ordered what they wanted. As they were finishing dinner Neville and his date wandered to their table. Neville’s date looked like a first or second year. She had short brown hair and freckles across her nose.

“Hey guys! How you doin?” Neville asked beaming, “this is my date, Amanda,” he added proudly as they headed to the dance floor. Ron laughed out loud as he pictured Neville doing the funky chicken.

“Hey, Harry would you like to dance?” Hermione asked cheerfully.

“Sure,” Harry replied.

As they were dancing Ron was watching from the table. He couldn’t help feeling jealous of Harry. Ron also noticed that Hermione was hiding something and was a little side-tracked. ‘Its probably just me though’ Ron thought.

When Harry and Hermione returned Ron gave them both a gentle smile. The band started playing a slower song. ‘This is my chance,’ thought Ron.

“Hermione, would you like to dance with me,” Ron asked shyly.

“I’d love to!”

Harry and Ginny both smiled. “Finally, Harry mouthed to Ginny.

“So…Ginny would you like to dance?”

“Oh, yeah that would be great!” Ginny exclaimed as Harry led her to the dance floor.

As Harry and Ginny waltzed around happily, they couldn’t help but notice Ron and Hermione. They were dancing closely together and a little slower than everyone else. The song ended and everyone went back to their tables. Everyone except Ron and Hermione, instead Hermione was leading Ron out in to the garden.

~~~~

“What about Har”” Ron said, but was cut off by Hermione.

“He’s fine,” she whispered as though she didn’t want to be heard. She led Ron out into the moonlight. “Ron, can I tell you something?”

“Yeah, anything.”

“Well I uh… I like you, I mean I like you,” Hermione said nervously.

“Really?” Ron said brightly.

“Really,” Hermione laughed.

“Well I like you too,” Ron said sweetly.

This is great they both thought. Ron was shocked, and was so happy Hermione actually like him, Ronald Weasley. Hermione knew it ‘My thoughts are confirmed’ she thought to herself.

Ron took Hermione’s hand and led her across the courtyard. “I never thought you liked me,” Ron said.

“What gave you that idea?”

“Well I don’t know because well because I’m…poor.”

“Oh, Ron don’t be so stupid, I don’t care how much money you have” she said, slightly laughing, “and by the way, Harry knows I like you.”

“Then how come he still asked you to the ball?” Ron asked, confused.

“Because I only just told him, and he told me he fancies Ginny by the way.”

“Really…he likes Ginny.”

“It seems as though we’ve switched dates tonight, I was hoping his would happen.” Hermione said this as though Ron had just told a very funny joke. It seemed as though Hermione was in a very good mood.

“Your so beautiful,” Ron said as he looked into Hermione’s eyes. Ron put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. She looked up into his eyes. He bent down and kissed he gently on the lips. The kiss seemed to last forever, they finally broke apart and smiled.

It was getting colder and the wind was picking up. The couple decided to go back to the castle. Hand in hand Ron and Hermione walked back to the castle.



I'm working on Chapter 3!!! It will be here soon, but in the mean time please review my story!!!!
Valentines Day by Ronsbiggestfan09
Valentines Day




After the Yule Ball Hermione and Ron were inseparable. The only time they weren’t together was when they were in different classes. He even went to the library with her! (And that is saying something!)

Days passed, then weeks, soon it would be Valentines Day. A Hogsmeade trip was planned the Saturday of Valentines Day.“Hey Hermione?” Ron said one night in the common room.

“Yeah?” Hermione said sleepily.

“Will you go to Hogsmeade with me on Valentines Day?” Ron asked anxiously.

“Of course I will,” Hermione said as she leaned over and kissed Ron on the cheek. “What are we going to do?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” he said.” Whatever you want,” he added sweetly.

“Sounds good!” Hermione said. “Well Ron it’s getting late and we still have class tomorrow, we should go to bed.”

“Okay,” said Ron quietly.

They kissed each other on the cheek and departed to their separate dormitories.


The next morning the sun was shining brightly through the windows. Harry and Ron dressed, then went downstairs to meet Hermione. The three of them headed out of the portrait hole towards the Great Hall. “So, Harry what’s up with you and Ginny?” Hermione asked curiously.

“Yeah, what is up because if your going to date my sister, I’d like to know,” Ron added quickly.


“Well, I don’t know. I might ask her to go with me to Hogsmeade on Valentines Day” Harry replied.

“That’s great! Now we won’t have to worry about you being a third wheel!” Ron shouted happily.

“Thanks guys,” Harry said sarcastically.

~~~~

Finally it was Valentines Day and both Harry and Ron were excited. Harry did end up asking Ginny to go to Hogsmeade, and of course she said yes.

Later that day Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione departed for Hogsmeade. At the entrance to the village the couples separated and planned to meet later at The Three Broomsticks.

“What do you want to do first?” Ron asked.

“I don’t know, can we go to the book shop?” Hermione asked hopefully.

“I guess,” Ron groaned.

“Oh Ron, we’ll only be in there for a few minutes, then we can go to Zonko’s and Honeydukes, okay?”

“Okay,” Ron answered grimly. As soon as they went in the bookshop they were coming out. “Wow that was quick! Okay, now lets go to Honeyduckes!” Ron said gleefully.

“Okay, I’m coming!” Hermione said.

After they visited Honeydukes and Zonko’s it was time to meet up with Harry and Ginny. Ron and Hermione went into The Three Broomsitcks and found a table. Hermione went up to the counter and ordered four butterbeers. Harry and Ginny soon showed up. The four of them talked and had a few laughs before heading back to school.

Harry and Ginny went back up to school, while Ron and Hermione decided to go on a walk. “Ron, I’m glad we are finally together. I’ve liked you for a long time.” Hemione said.

“Me too, I’ve liked you since…well …since second year,” Ron said shyly, his ears turning red. “We should head back up to school, it’s getting late, plus, I’m freezing.”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

When they got inside, the castle was quiet and still. “Everyone must be at dinner,” Hermione said, “Are you hungry? I’m not.”

“No, lets go back to the common room.”

~~~~

The common room was empty. The fire was lit making the room warm and comfortable. Ron immediately asked Hermione to play chess.

“Sure,” she said, knowing she was going to lose. Ron was unbeatable.

“Ha! I won!” Ron declared.

“Of course you did” Hermione said, walking over to the couch. Ron walked to the couch and sat down next to Hermione. He put his arm around her and she leaned her head on his shoulder. They sat there in front of the fire for what seemed like forever. Neither of them said anything.

“I think I’m going to turn in,” Hermione said, yawning.

“Me too,” Ron said kissing Hermione on the head. The two stood up and headed for their separate dorms. “Oh! ‘Mione, here,” he said giving her a small parcel, “open this upstairs.”

~~~~

When Hermione got upstairs she immediately opened the package. It was a little box with a note attached to it. She opened to box, it was a silver necklace with a heart shaped locket. As she put it around her neck she smile to herself. She unfolded the letter and read it to herself.

Hermione,
I’m really glad we are together. I love you. I hope we are together forever.
Love, Ron

Hermione clutched the letter to her heart and fell asleep.


The next night Hermione gave Ron a letter back saying:

Ron,
I love you too. I know we will be together forever.

Love, Hermione


Ron smiled and put the note in his pocket. This was the beginning of forever.









THE END>>>> Please Review!!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2247