Hermione Granger and the Love Potion by hermione4harry
Summary: Parvati makes a love potion, but who is she planning on giving it to? Hermione finds out, but will it be too late? Please read and review, I like to hear how I'm doing!
Categories: Harry/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 12677 Read: 33712 Published: 05/19/05 Updated: 10/01/05

1. Chapter One by hermione4harry

2. Chapter Two by hermione4harry

3. Chapter Three by hermione4harry

4. Chapter Four by hermione4harry

5. Chapter Five by hermione4harry

6. Chapter Six by hermione4harry

Chapter One by hermione4harry
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all it’s characters, settings and all that junk belong to the unbelievably talented JK Rowling.

Chapter One.

“Hermione, can you help me with this?” Parvati asked. She sat cross-legged in front of a bubbling cauldron in the middle of the girl’s dormitory early Saturday morning.

Hermione lay on her stomach doing her homework for Ancient Runes. She gazed at Parvati, a confused look on her face, “I didn’t think we had Potions homework,” she replied, getting up from her bed.

Parvati flushed slightly, “It’s a little something I’m testing,” she said, handing Hermione a book.

Hermione glanced at the cover, Potions for Everyday. She opened it to the page the pretty brunette had it book marked to, “The love potion” Hermione read quietly and stared at her friend, “Those aren’t allowed.”

“I know,” Parvati said, rolling her eyes, “But everyone tries it out at least once, and I just wanted to see if I could make it.”

Hermione stared at her again, unsure of what to do.

“Come on Hermione,” she pleaded, “Please?”

Hermione sighed, “All right.” She helped Parvati put the ingredients in, making sure to stir when the potion required.

“So, how does this one work?” Hermione asked as she stirred three times clockwise.

“The intended victim,” Parvati paused, giggling, “takes a sip and the first girl he sees he’ll fall in love with. It doesn’t last though, just about a month, but by that time, the intended victim will usually be so wrapped up in the girl that they usually just continue with the relationship.”

Hermione snorted, “That sounds ridiculous. Who would want someone to love them when they actually don’t?”

“Well, it’s just to give him a little nudge. I know he likes me, I think he’s just too shy to come forward.”

Hermione smiled, “I knew you had someone in mind. It should be done soon. It has to simmer for an hour. I’ll be in the library.”


Hermione headed out to the library, thinking about what her friend was up to. It was still ridiculous. Hermione firmly believed that if it were meant to be, it would happen.

She sat in the library for some time, concentrating on the parchment in front of her. This was Hermione’s playground, for now. She would rather enjoy a good book, and learn new things than have a boyfriend. Maybe eventually, but she was concentrating on school right now.


Harry and Ron came in to keep her company for a while. Ron hopelessly tried to engage Harry in a discussion about Quidditch, while working on their homework.

“The first game against Hufflepuff should be a breeze,” Ron said smiling.

“Yeah,” Harry replied distracted. Hermione noticed the faraway look on his face. Ever since they started their sixth year just two weeks ago, Harry had been this way. He refused to open up to his two best friends and in a way, Hermione understood. The death of his godfather had taken a toll on him and she was sure that being stuck at the Dursleys for the whole summer was a horrible experience. She starred at Harry over her books, pitying him. She hoped that he would open up to them soon.

Harry caught her eye and she smiled at him, but it was unreturned and she frowned at him when he looked away. He hadn’t smiled much recently and Hermione missed it.


“Harry?” she said, interrupting Ron.

He returned his gaze to her, but didn’t say anything.

She reached out and touched his arm, “Are you alright?” she asked soothingly.

His eyes flicked to Ron, who also looked expectantly at Harry, “I’m fine,” he grumbled.

“Really Harry, you can talk to us,” Ron added.

“Please Harry…”

“No, Hermione, Ron, I’m fine,” Harry looked away from them, and started gathering his things. Without another word, he left them. Hermione arose from her seat to follow him, but Ron stopped her.

“Leave him be, he’ll tell us when he’s ready.”

Hermione sighed, she wasn’t going to last much longer. She wanted Harry back.


When Ron left for lunch, Hermione stayed in the library, still worried about Harry, but trying to concentrate on her homework. She had only written two more sentences when Ginny burst into the library. She ran straight to Madam Pince, the librarian.

“Miss Weasley, this is a library,” Madam Pince warned in a harsh whisper.

“I’m so sorry,” Ginny replied, breathlessly, “I need to find Hermione, it’s urgent.”

“Well, you’ve come to the right place,” the librarian replied, pointing over to Hermione, who smiled and waved at Ginny.

Her smile faded at the look Ginny gave her.

“You have to come quick,” Ginny said, forcing her to stand by pulling on her sleeve.

“Why?” Hermione replied as she hastily gathered her things.

“Parvati made a love potion and she’s looking for Harry, we’ve got to find him first!”

“What?!” Hermione practically screamed, receiving a dirty look from Madam Pince, then more quietly asked “How did you find out?”

“Parvati told Lavender, who told Susan,” Ginny rushed to explain, but sighed, “Oh who cares how I found out, let’s go.”

The two girls rushed out of the library. Ginny went to search the Great Hall and Hermione made her way to the Gryffindor common room.

Ron sat at one of the back tables, but he was alone.

“Ron, where’s Harry?” Hermione asked.

“Up in the dorm,” Ron replied, “You’d be the second person to ask, what’s up?”

“Who was the first?” Hermione asked, praying Parvati hadn’t reached him first.

“Parvati just went up there two minutes ago,” Ron replied, “She wouldn’t tell me why she…”

“Oh no!” Hermione cried and dashed up the stairs towards the boys’ dormitory before she could hear the last of Ron’s sentence.



When she reached the sixth year dorm, the door was ajar. She saw Harry holding a cup of tea to his lips and burst into the room.

“Harry, don’t,” Hermione rushed out breathlessly.

Harry swallowed looking confused at Hermione.

“No Harry, look at me,” Parvati said forcefully.

Harry’s eyes flicked between the two of them as Ron burst into the room behind Hermione. A dazed expression came upon Harry’s face.

“Harry, did you drink any?” Hermione asked.

“Yes,” he replied, dazed.

“Parvati, how could you?” Hermione screamed as she turned to her.

“I told you I just wanted to nudge him along. He likes me and you know it.”

“No he doesn’t. Harry has enough on his mind without you around!” Hermione screamed, anger rising, “He needs to concentrate on his studies among other things!”

“I can help him get through it, he needs me,” Parvati said through clenched teeth.

“He doesn’t want you and you only want him because he’s famous, you’d never even talk to him if he wasn’t!” Hermione yelled.


“’Mione, love, don’t yell,” Harry said, moving towards Hermione. He put his hand out and gently touched her face.

Hermione’s mouth fell open in shock, “Oh no, Harry. I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry for what sweetheart?” he asked, stroking her cheek.


“Way to go Hermione!” Parvati cried, tears welling up in her eyes, “You know, Cho Chang was right. You would do anything to stop Harry from seeing someone else because you love him!” She ran from the room.

Ron looked bewildered, “What’s going on?”

“Parvati gave him a love potion, and he saw me first, so he loves me,” Hermione explained sadly. She never meant for that to happen.

“Do you love me?” Harry asked.

Hermione paused not knowing what to say, her mouth opening and closing like a fish.

“Of course she does,” Ron jumped in.

“W-What?” Hermione stammered and she shot him a look.

“Excuse us Harry,” Ron said, tugging on Hermione’s shirt. They moved out of earshot.


“What are you doing?” Ron asked.

Hermione stared at him.

“This is the perfect opportunity to see what’s wrong with him and you’re going to blow it!”

“I can’t do this to him Ron,” Hermione said, struggling. It was a good idea, but Harry had to tell them on his own terms, “Why don’t we just tell a teacher or find the counter potion.”

“That’s right, tell a teacher or consult a book. You’re so typical,” Ron said, angrily, “I don’t know about you, but my best friend has gone through so much and now he won’t let us help him. I’m at my last resort Hermione.”

Hermione sighed, “You’re right. I just want Harry back and if this is what it takes, alright, I’ll do it.”

Harry came up from behind her and circled his arms around her waist. Hermione blushed a deep red feeling the heat of his body against hers. She’d never been held in such a way before.

“I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone,” Ron said, smiling at Hermione, who shot him a dirty look.


Once they were alone, Hermione turned in Harry’s arms to face him and did the only thing she could think of. She placed her arms around his neck. He stared lovingly at her, which made her a little nervous, but only because she had never had someone look at her like that. It was actually amazing.


“Will you come to dinner in Hogsmeade with me tonight?” Harry asked, “To celebrate our love, of course.”

“We can’t tonight Harry, we’re not allowed out of the castle,” Hermione said.

“Please, I have so much I want to talk to my girlfriend about. I love you so much, I can’t keep anything from you,” Harry said, adoringly.

That answered it for Hermione. She agreed, but only for the sake of finally getting to hear what was bothering Harry.

“How will we get out?” Hermione asked.

“With the invisibility cloak,” Harry explained, “Then we can fly on my Firebolt.”

Hermione groaned. She hated flying.

“Do you trust me?” Harry asked, fully aware of Hermione’s feelings of flying.

“Yes, completely,” Hermione answered.

Harry planted a quick kiss on her cheek, which made Hermione blush more, if that was possible.

“How soon can you be ready?” Harry asked, excitedly.

“An hour?”

“Sounds good,” Harry replied.


Hermione pulled reluctantly from his grasp. It had felt so warm and inviting in Harry’s arms.


“Oh no, Hermione, this is just about friendship,” she told herself as she walked down the stairs from the boys dormitory.

Once in the common room, she was bombarded with questions from both Ron and Ginny, who had just been clued in on what had happened.

“So?” Ron asked.

“We’re going out on a date. I think he’s going to tell me what’s on his mind.”

“Where you going?” Ginny asked, excitedly.

“Into Hogsmeade.”

“Are you sure you’re okay with this?” Ron asked.

“I’m fine. I think you’re right, Ron. I’ll do what I have to, for Harry.”

Both grinned widely at her.

“Okay, I know what you’re thinking,” Hermione scolded, “And don’t even say a word. Harry and I are not in love. This is just some potion.”

“We know,” they said at the same time.


Hermione went up to her dormitory, where she found Parvati on her bed crying.

“Parvati, I’m so sorry,” Hermione said,
approaching her bed.

Parvati turned her tear stained face towards Hermione, “No, you’re right. I shouldn’t have done what I did. If Harry had liked me, he wouldn’t have looked away from me.”

“But I didn’t mean for him to look at me, I’m just upset you did that,” Hermione explained, sitting on the side of Parvati’s bed, “With this whole second war thing happening and V-Voldemort, I just don’t think it was a good time to be doing that.”

Parvati cringed at the name, “I know Hermione. I just wanted Harry to be mine,” she said sadly, “ I thought he would ask me to be his girlfriend after the Yule Ball and when he didn’t I thought he was just shy. When he broke it off with Cho last year, I was hoping it was because he wanted to go out with me.”

Hermione smiled sadly at her, “Well, at least you know now, right?”

“Yeah,” she said, her face scrunching to fight off a fresh wave of tears.


They sat it silence for a few minutes.

“I guess there’s someone else I could try that potion on,” Parvati said, slyly.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea? I thought you liked Harry?”

“Yeah, well, I liked them both, but since Harry’s in love with you now, I should try the other.”

“Dare I ask who?”

“I’m not telling. Wouldn’t want you to barge your way into the room again.”

Hermione sighed. It wouldn’t be worth trying to talk her out of it and besides, she had a date to get ready for.


Hermione dressed into a pair of black casual pants and a light blue sweater. She wanted to look nice for their date. Technically speaking, it would be Hermione’s first date and if it wasn’t going to be with a boyfriend, she was glad it was with her best friend. She fixed her hair and applied a touch of makeup, then went down to the common room to meet Harry.
Chapter Two by hermione4harry
Chapter Two.

“You look beautiful ‘Mione,” Harry said, when she entered the almost empty common room.

Hermione blushed and took Harry’s hand. Together they walked out through the portrait hole and down into the Entrance hall.

When the coast was clear, Harry slipped the invisibility cloak over the two of them and they snuck outside of the castle, walking silently to the entrance gates. It was twilight and the stars were just coming out. Once outside the grounds, Harry took off the cloak and got onto his Firebolt, motioning for Hermione to get on in front of him.

She sighed and got on, Harry holding her tight around the waist. They soared high into the sky. Hermione closed her eyes tightly, feeling the wind on her face.

“I’ve always wanted to fly with you,” Harry said into her ear.

Hermione opened her eyes and looked down, they were really high and her stomach somersaulted.

“Oh, Harry, I feel sick,” she said.

Harry held tighter, “Don’t look down, look around. The treetops and the clouds are right at your fingertips Hermione. I would take you to the stars if I could.”

Hermione looked around. As sick as she felt, the view was breathtaking and the nausea that threatened its way into her throat receded.

“You’ve really wanted to fly with me before?” Hermione asked curiously. She wasn’t sure how this potion worked. Something she would have to read up on. How could Harry say that he always wanted to do this with her if he just fell in love with her today?

“Yes, Hermione.”


Before landing in Hogsmeade, Harry took her high into the sky. She actually enjoyed flying with him. She felt free.

Hopping off the broomstick, she hoped Harry would bring her riding again.

“Where are we going to eat?” Hermione asked, taking Harry’s arm.

“I was hoping we could go to the Italian restaurant, down the street from Zonko’s.”

“Oh Harry, that’s expensive…” Hermione started to say.

“Don’t even think about it,” Harry cut in, “I’ve inherited the whole Black fortune and estate. My godfather left it all to me.”

Hermione looked at him shocked. She had never known what had happened to Harry during the summer. She and Ron had written to Harry so many times, but all they ever received in reply were short unconvincing letters that he was doing fine.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before. It’s just that I don’t want it. I want Sirius back,” Harry said sadly, tears welling up in his eyes. He swiped at them, and cleared his throat, “Listen, we’ll talk about everything later, for now I want to enjoy you and your company.”


Hermione smiled cautiously and Harry returned it.


Harry held back nothing when they ordered and told Hermione to do the same. She tried to complain, but Harry wouldn’t hear it.

“I’ll start with a caesar salad and garlic bread, then the fettuccine alfredo, with cherry cheesecake for dessert,” Harry told the waiter.

“And for the miss,” Henry the waiter said, turning to Hermione.

“That actually sounds really good, I’ll have the same,” Hermione replied.

“Excellent,” Henry replied, taking their menus. He froze as he was taking Harry’s menu, his eyes moved to his forehead and a look of recognition flickered on his face.

Harry shifted uncomfortably.

“I’m sorry Mr. Potter, how rude of me,” Henry said turning away from the two and rushing off with their order.


“I really hate when people do that,” Harry whispered.

“You must be used to it by now, no?”

“Well, I suppose.”

The waiter returned with two half glasses of red wine and leaned in close.

“I won’t tell if you won’t. These are on the house from the owner. He is so honoured to have Harry Potter in his restaurant.”

“Please send our thanks to the owner,” Hermione smiled.

The waiter gave a formal little bow and left the two alone again.


Hermione cast a long look around her. It was a cozy rustic restaurant with wood panelling on the walls and a large fireplace on the far wall. It had a large aquarium, which they were seated in a booth beside, where large tropical fish swam.

“What a lovely place!” Hermione beamed at Harry, who had been staring at her the whole time. Hermione was a little uncomfortable with all the attention Harry was giving her. It wasn’t something she was used to. A thought struck her then, that this date may lead to a kiss and she got worried. Harry was her best friend. She didn’t want to lead him on like this, especially since he was under a spell.

Hermione considered telling him the truth and figuring out the counter spell, but then remembered what Ron had said. Harry had already told her that he had inherited the Black fortune and she really wanted Harry to open up to her and tell her what was wrong.


“How have your classes been ‘Mione?” Harry asked, trying to make small talk.

“Wonderful Harry, I was so happy to get all my OWLS and to hear you got all yours!” Hermione replied, grateful to Harry for making conversation.

“Yeah, I don’t think I would have done so well, if my name wasn’t Harry Potter,” he said glumly.

“Oh Harry, that’s not true, I think you’re brilliant. Just look at what we did with the DA! Those students looked up to you.”

“I couldn’t have done it without you. I always wanted to tell you that.”

Hermione blushed, unsure of whether it was the spell talking, or Harry. Either way, she was happy to hear it.


They enjoyed dinner, making small talk. The waiter brought them half glasses of wine whenever their glass was empty. By the end of dinner, Hermione felt flushed from the alcohol and scolded herself inwardly. She was supposed to talk to Harry after dinner about his problems, and now she was all giggly. She was having such a good time, she didn’t want it to end.

Harry paid the bill and they left, Hermione clutching Harry’s arm tightly. They both laughed and talked happily as they walked toward the castle.

“Let’s go flying,” Hermione giggled.

“You sure?” Harry asked.

“Yes.”

They both mounted the Firebolt and shot towards the starry sky once again.


Hermione didn’t feel sick like she had earlier. She was with the stars. Harry circled the castle and headed towards the tall mountaintops that surrounded Hogwarts. He landed softly and they both got off. Hermione was cold, so Harry wrapped the invisibility cloak around her. Half her body disappeared and they both burst out with laughter again.

Hermione laughed so hard she was almost crying. When she wiped her eyes, she noticed Harry was really close to her. He had taken a seat right beside her and his face was drawing near to hers. Hermione swallowed hard, gazing unblinkingly into Harry’s eyes. Everything around them became a blur as his face inched closer and closer. Time slowed.

He kissed her softly on the lips. Fireworks exploded in Hermione’s belly as his face retreated. It was retreating. Oh no, she thought, It can’t be leaving. She pulled Harry close again and kissed him.

“You taste like cherries,” Harry said when he finally pulled away.

Hermione giggled, “That was nice Harry.”

“Nice, eh?”

“Yeah, nice.”

Harry put an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

He stared straight ahead and Hermione could tell he was thinking about something.

She cleared her throat, but didn’t want to rush Harry into spilling out everything that was going on in his head. She decided to start on what he had already told her.

“So, you inherited the Black fortune? Sirius must have really loved you.”

“Yes, he did. And I killed him.”

“No Harry, you didn’t.”

“But I did, Hermione. I was tricked by Voldemort into thinking he was in the Department of Mysteries. I led everyone there, into a trap because I was too stubborn to check and make sure.”

“You did check, Harry. This is not your fault. Kreacher told you Sirius was gone, he lied, Harry. If I were in your situation, I would have done the same. This all comes down to Voldemort. He is responsible. Him and his followers, not you,” Hermione argued, lifting her head off his shoulder. She looked him directly in the eye.

“If you were in my position, you would have went straight for a teacher or someone from the Order. You’re smart Hermione. You wouldn’t have led your friends into a trap. What if one of you had died? Your lives haven’t even been lived yet. I could never have lived with myself if you or Ron, Ginny or Neville, or even Luna died that night.”

Hermione rubbed his back, patiently listening to him, “Harry this is all about Voldemort and his Death Eaters. This is not your fault. We chose to follow you that day because we all love you Harry and we’ll always be there for you.”

Tears streamed down Harry’s face and Hermione brushed them away.

“I’ve had a long time to think about this ‘Mione. I spent the whole summer telling myself I was a bad person. I needed your comfort but I pushed it away.”

“I’m glad you’re telling me now. Thank you.”

“I’d do anything for you,” Harry said, then paused, “There’s one more thing I want you to know.”

“What Harry?”

“I’m going to be a murderer.”

Hermione gasped, “W-What?” That was unexpected.

“Do you remember the prophecy?”

“Yes, it was smashed though. I thought you never found out what it said.”

“Dumbledore was there when the prophecy was made. He recited it to me, word for word. Professor Trelawny made it, the night she was hired. Dumbledore said she went into a trance, like the one I witnessed third year. She said that at the end of July a baby would be born to parents who have defied the dark lord three times, me. It said that I would have powers the dark lord knows not and either of us must die because one cannot live while the other survives.”

Hermione’s mouth opened in shock. This is what Harry was so upset about. He would either be murdered or become a murderer.

“Oh, Harry, that’s awful,” Hermione said, drawing him into her embrace. She rubbed his back, his head on her shoulder.

“I don’t want to die,” he mumbled into her sweater.

“You won’t die. Like you said. You’re going to be a murderer and that would be okay, you know. You wouldn’t be murdering innocence like Voldemort has done so many times. You’d be ridding the world of a horrifying evil. One that would destroy everything without a second look. And you’d never be alone Harry. You have an army of people behind you.”

“I can’t have that Hermione. I don’t want to lose anyone else.”

“It’s a price we’re willing to pay. This isn’t just for your friends. It’s for their families and the generations to come.”

Harry sighed and looked into Hermione’s eyes. He kissed her lightly again.

“Thank you for listening to me,” Harry said, and glanced at his watch, “We should be heading back soon. Wouldn’t want to get my prefect in trouble.”

Hermione took his hand and he helped her up.

“It will be faster if we just fly with the invisibility cloak on and land in the highest tower.”

Hermione agreed and they both got on. Harry flew straight for the astronomy tower. Once inside, they crept back to the Gryffindor common room under the invisibility cloak.

Harry walked Hermione to the stairs of the girls’ dormitory where he kissed her goodnight. Hermione threw her arms around him and hugged him. She’d never had so much fun.

“Harry, will you tell Ron what you told me tonight?” she asked, still hugging him.

“Yes, I was hoping you would be there with me to tell him,” Harry replied.

“Of course I will, Harry.”

“I love you.”

Now Hermione knew that was the spell talking, so she played along to not hurt his feelings, “I love you too.” It wasn’t a total lie. Hermione loved him like a best friend.

As she took the stairs, she wondered if that were true. She had kissed Harry and it felt amazing.
Chapter Three by hermione4harry
Chapter Three.


When Hermione woke up the next morning, she felt groggy. The previous night was somewhat of a blur. She rolled around on her bed, with her eyes still closed, tangling herself in the sheets, thankful that it was Sunday and there were no classes.

The night before rushed back to her mind and she sat bolt upright with her hands on her face.

“Oh, no,” she whispered aloud, “What have I done?”

Hermione knew the only person she could confide in was Ginny and set out in search for her after she had dressed quickly.

When she couldn’t find her in the fifth year dormitory, she went down into the common room. Neville and Parvati sat really close on the couch together, deep in conversation. Hermione waved at them.

“I love Parvati,” Neville said for no apparent reason.

Hermione’s mouth dropped open and she shook her head laughing, “That’s wonderful Neville.”

Hermione looked at Parvati, a curious look on her face. Parvati smiled and pressed a finger to her lips. Hermione shook her head again and continued her search.


She found Ginny in the Great Hall. Grabbing a few slices of toast, she pulled Ginny all the way outside.

“Hermione, where are we going?” Ginny asked, struggling slightly against Hermione’s grip.

Hermione didn’t answer until they were well outside and away from all the other students.

“I think I did something horrible by going out with Harry,” Hermione confessed.

“What? Why?”

“Well…it’s not right, he’s my friend, and I feel like I betrayed his trust.”

“Don’t be silly Hermione. You were just trying to help him. Did you find out what’s been bothering him?” Ginny asked curiously.

“Yes, but I don’t think I should be talking about it, let Harry tell you on his own terms. He’s wanted to open up, at least I think he did, it could be the potion. He’ll do everything I ask, I think.”

“Well, that’s good. You’ll never find a better man!”

“But it’s not the real Harry. Do you remember your mother telling us about the love potions she used before? I’m sure she mentioned…”

Ginny cut in, “Did you have a good time last night? You got home really late. Ron and I tried to stay awake till you got back, but he fell asleep.”

“Yeah, we had a great time.”

Ginny smiled, her eyes sparkling, “Really? What did you do?”

“We had dinner, then went riding on his broom,” Hermione answered quickly, “Anyways, about the potion.”

“You went flying?” Ginny asked, shocked.

“It was fine, I actually liked it,” Hermione replied blushing.

Ginny giggled, “I bet you enjoyed Harry’s strong arms around you.”

Hermione blushed deeper, “Ginny! Harry’s my friend.”

“Yeah, not right now. You guys are dating. Oh wait, you didn’t kiss, did you?” Ginny asked excitedly.

Hermione turned a deep crimson, and looked away.

Ginny squealed, “Hermione, you bad girl. I thought you were just friends.”

Hermione didn’t feel right about it though, and her eyes welled with tears. Ginny stopped laughing and stepped into Hermione’s line of vision.

“What is it sweetie?” Ginny asked soothingly.

“I liked it. I know I shouldn’t have, but I did. I’m afraid I’ve realised the truth. I’ve been in love with Harry for so long, I just forgot my feelings because of the deep friendship we’ve developed. I didn’t want to ruin that.”

“But you have him now, aren’t you happy?”

“It’s not the way I would have wanted it. Harry doesn’t truly feel this way. I have find a counter spell and make this right.”

“If that’s what you want, I’ll help you out.”

“Thank you,” Hermione said, hugging her friend.



Together they went back up to the castle and up to the library. Harry was waiting at the doors.


He hugged Hermione tightly, “Did you sleep well, ‘Mione? I knew I’d catch you coming here.”


Hermione glanced at Ginny, who smiled at her, “Yes, thank you Harry. I had a good time last night.”


“I’ll meet you in the library, if that’s what you still want,” Ginny said.

“Umm…I think so, uh… y-yes,” Hermione stammered, she was still in Harry’s arms. Hermione watched as Ginny went into the library. When her flaming red hair disappeared she turned to Harry.

Harry kissed her quickly, “I’m so happy to have you.”

Hermione blushed, looking Harry in the eyes.

“Were you crying?” Harry asked suddenly. He placed a hand on her cheek, stroking it gently.

Hermione could feel his calloused fingers, from years of Quidditch and many battles. She closed her eyes.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Harry asked gently.

“Nothing Harry,” Hermione replied quietly, “It’s not something that can’t be fixed, I hope.”

“Is that why you’re going to the library?”

“Yes,” Hermione said, opening her eyes. She was drawn by the sparkling green that met hers. It made her want to melt in his arms.

“Can I help?”

“No, I’m sorry, but I’ll meet you later, I promise,” Hermione assured him.

Harry sighed, pulling her into his arms again, “Oh, more time without you? What am I going to do?” he smiled.

“Find Ron,” Hermione forced a smile, “You can tell him all about our date.”

“What makes you think I didn’t already?”

“Oh, Ron knows?” Hermione made a face. She didn’t know how Ron would take that. Maybe he would think she went too far by kissing Harry.

“I don’t kiss and tell,” Harry said, reading her mind, “If you want to tell him though, go ahead.”

Hermione smiled at him, then kissed him for what Hermione assumed might be the last time. It started softly, Hermione closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck. Both responded to each other and their mouths opened. Harry’s tongue met hers and massaged it gently, while Hermione prayed this moment would last forever. Harry’s hands massaged the small of her back, but they both broke apart when they heard footsteps coming towards them.

“Potty and the mudblood,” Draco snarled, “I thought you had better taste than that.”

Pansy Parkinson, who stood beside Draco, chuckled.

“How dare you!” Harry replied angrily, pulling out his wand.

Draco did the same, but neither cast a spell as they sized each other up.

“Please Harry, don’t fight,” Hermione pleaded, tugging at Harry’s arm, “Let’s go.”

Harry looked at Hermione as his wand hand lowered, “Anything for you love.”

“He’s under a spell,” Pansy cried out, “A love spell. That’s why he loves you Granger!”

Draco laughed, “Of course he is! Why would he love someone like you?” Draco wrinkled his nose like he had just caught a horrible smell.

Hermione flushed.

“Of course I love her!” Harry shouted, “She’s beautiful and intelligent, something you’ll never be, Pansy.”

Pansy snorted and latched her arm around Draco, “At least I have a real man, not some twisted cry-baby orphan!”

“TARANTELLEGRA,” Hermione shouted, the spell hitting Pansy in the face.

Harry grabbed Hermione and pulled her into the library as Pansy’s legs started dancing madly. She shrieked.

“Oh no, I’m going to be in so much trouble,” Hermione said, shifting nervously from one foot to the other.

“You’ll be fine, I promise,” Harry reassured her, “Have they ever told on us? Remember what we did on the train to Malfoy the past two trips home on the Hogwarts Express?”

“I’m a prefect Harry,” Hermione reminded him, “I’m not supposed to be breaking the rules.”

“Now that’s my Hermione,” Harry said smiling.

Hermione giggled and kissed him lightly on the cheek, “I’ll see you later then?”

“Yes, I’ll miss you,” Harry pouted.

“Me too.”


Hermione hugged Harry one last time before joining Ginny at a table.

“What took you so long?” Ginny asked, her eyebrows raised.

“Malfoy,” Hermione whispered, “He caught us together.”

“Oh, what happened?”

“Harry defended me, of course, but I told him not to fight, then Pansy called Harry an orphan, so I jinxed her.”

“You did!?”

“I know, she deserved it though,” Hermione said, though a little nervously, “Did you find anything?”

“Yep, here’s the potion and it’s counter spell,” Ginny said, placing the book in front of Hermione.


The Love Potion


When a person drinks from the love potion, they will immediately fall in love with the person they see first. Whether feelings for this person exist or not, they love this person for a month. When the month has ended, there will be a shadowed memory of the love, but if love is pure, it will remain. The choice will be made.



“There’s the potion I helped Parvati make,” Hermione said, showing Ginny the ingredients listed under the first paragraph, “Oh, this is irritating, it doesn’t say how the drinker is supposed to act. Harry has been saying a lot of weird things, feelings that seem to me existed before he drank the potion.”

“Like?” Ginny asked.

“Like last night when we were flying, he told me he always wanted to fly with me,” Hermione explained.

“Hmm…maybe we should wait for the month to end to see if he keeps loving you, then you will know.”

“I can’t do that, it’s not right this way,” Hermione insisted.

“Well, the counter spell is right underneath, all you do is place the ingredients in reverse order and have him drink it again.”

Hermione copied it quickly, in reverse order.

“But Hermione, did you read the bottom?” Ginny asked pointing to the final line.

Warning: Once the counter potion has been given, the drinker will know all and may be angry about the situation. Use caution because the adverse effect will take place and instead of love, there will be hate.


Hermione bit her lip nervously, “What if he is mad that I let it go for so long?”

“That’s a risk you’ll have to take if you want to give him the counter spell. What’s a shadowed memory of love?”

“I don’t know. Maybe they’ll recall loving the person and choose whether or not to end the relationship or continue. Oh, no wonder these are banned, they’re so complicated.”

“You could always ask Snape, he is the potions master,” Ginny giggled.

Hermione laughed, “Now there’s a good idea,” she sighed, “I’ve got to stay here and try to figure out what to do, maybe I’ll find a book that explains these love potions better.”

“Alright, I’ll see you later,” Ginny said as she got up and started to walk away. She took a few steps then returned, “Did it ever occur to you that Harry may have true feelings for you?”

Hermione grimaced, “I’ll never find out now.”

“This isn’t your fault, Hermione, you didn’t give Harry the potion. Maybe if you give him the counter spell, he’ll understand.”

“I know. I can only hope he will. I did let it go for a day, he may still be angry.”

Ginny left and Hermione spent most of the afternoon pouring through books, but her mind was on other things. She was weighing her options. One thing worked against her now. Draco and Pansy knew about them, therefore, the whole school would know soon enough. If Harry stopped loving her now, she’d have a lot of explaining to do.


Hermione left the library, not finding anything else about the love potion that was useful. She had decided to perform the counter spell and get this over with, willing to deal with the consequences.

Harry and Ron were in the Great Hall eating dinner when Hermione walked in.

Harry smiled when he saw her.


“I was hoping you would at least meet me for dinner,” Harry said, still smiling as Hermione took a seat beside him.

Ron watched them curiously.

“So, Harry didn’t tell me much about last night,” Ron said, “How was it Hermione?”

“We had a good time,” Hermione replied.

“That’s what he said. Surely you have more to say then that.”

“I don’t think now is the time, we’ll talk later, right Harry?” Hermione asked, turning to him.

“Yes, of course. I guess it’s time you’ve found out, Ron.”

Ron nodded his head and started to eat faster


Once they were all finished, Harry led them out to the grounds where he told Ron what he had said to Hermione last night. He was horrified at the thought of Harry having to kill Voldemort alone.

“Hermione’s right you know, Harry. You wouldn’t be a murderer in the sense you seem to be taking it. He is a bad person, you must understand that,” Ron said, once Hermione told him what she had said about Harry killing Voldemort.

“I know,” Harry said, looking away.

“It’s time you’ve started training harder, maybe we should reform the DA,” Hermione suggested.

“That’s a good idea. Everyone has been asking about that. With You-Know-Who actually known about this year, I’m sure our DA will grow,” Ron agreed.

Harry nodded, just as Professor McGonagall walked up.

“Mr. Potter, Miss Granger, will you come with me please,” she said briskly.

They both said goodbye to Ron, then exchanged looks with each other. Hermione guessed immediately what this was about. Malfoy had told on them. Hermione took Harry’s hand nervously and he squeezed it gently. Professor McGonagall glanced back at them briefly and she stopped walking.

“It’s true then?” she asked.

“What’s true,” Harry replied.

“You two are together?”

“Uh…yes,” Hermione answered for them.

“I’m taking you to see Professor Dumbledore,” Professor McGonagall told them, before turning once again. She led them through the school and up to the Headmaster’s office. Hermione was nervous, why were they involving the headmaster, this must be serious. Could she be expelled for what she did to Pansy? What if Dumbledore knew about the love potion?
Chapter Four by hermione4harry
Chapter Four.

When they reached the headmaster’s office, Professor McGonagall gave the password, “Sugar Quills,” and the gargoyle sprang to life.

When the stairs appeared, Harry and Hermione followed Professor McGonagall onto them. Hermione’s palms started to sweat into Harry’s hand and she pulled it away to wipe it on her jeans.

Harry caught her eye and took her hand again. “Don’t be nervous,” he whispered, “Everything will be fine.”

“Mr. Malfoy has told Professor Snape something very interesting, which he has passed along to me,” Professor McGonagall said, not even looking at them, as they reached Dumbledore’s office.

The pair remained silent, following Professor McGonagall through the doors with the Griffin shaped doorknocker. Professor Dumbledore sat behind his large desk, several papers littering the top of it.

“Professor Dumbledore, it’s time,” Minerva told him, motioning to the pair, “It’s finally happened.”

Harry and Hermione shared a confused look, while Dumbledore’s face brightened.
He smiled at the pair, “It’s about time. I was beginning to worry!” Dumbledore said, rising. He conjured two fluffy pouffes in front of his desk, and Hermione and Harry took a seat. Professor McGonagall excused herself politely.

“Please, sir,” Hermione started, “What’s happened?”

“Why the fulfillment of the prophecy, of course, not all of it, but a part of it,” Dumbledore explained.

“I’m sorry, sir, I don’t understand,” Harry said, looking at Hermione, who looked dumbstruck.

“There’s more to that prophecy then I told you Harry. I’m sorry for the deception once again, but I felt it necessary to conceal certain parts until it happened. I didn’t want to push you.”

Hermione saw Harry’s face flush in anger, knowing it had disturbed him that Dumbledore still treated Harry like a child.

“But why?” Harry retorted.

“Harry, let me explain,” Dumbledore replied calmly, “I didn’t tell you because like I said I couldn’t push you. I had to let fate take its course. I’m sure, Miss Granger, that Harry has told you the prophecy by now?”

“Yes,” Hermione said quickly, worried about where this conversation was heading.

“There’s more. A small part I left out previously.”

“What is it?” Harry asked impatiently.

“You see Harry. When I said that you would have powers the dark lord knows not,” Harry nodded so the Professor continued, “I left out the part that this power will come from the union of a muggle born child. One born in September of the same year, which could only mean Hermione. The two combined would have a greater power that the dark lord knows not.”

“What does that mean?” Harry asked. Hermione went quiet, looking at her shoes.

“It means, that you two were predestined for each other. I realize this may be a little early into your relationship, but the love you share, or will come to share, is going to be a great power.”

Hermione opened her mouth shocked as tears welled in her eyes. Now she knew everything had gone too far.

Harry, instead, jumped to his feet screaming, “No! I will not let Hermione have any part in this! She’s too important to me!”

“Harry please” Dumbledore started, but Harry’s ranting continued.

“Why must I lose everyone I love? I won’t have Hermione put in danger like that!”

“Harry, you must understand, the bond you share will create great powers. I will start immediately on the training of the both of you.”

“No!” Harry continued, “I won’t have it!”

“Please Harry,” Hermione finally interrupted quietly, “Don’t yell. We have to talk about this.”

Harry listened to her, but grumbled incoherently as he sat back down.

“Harry, I realize this may come as a shock, but I knew that once you two became a couple, I was going to tell you immediately and start training the both of you. I had to wait for this time. I didn’t want to force you two together right away because that would never have been right. It was I who convinced the sorting hat to place Hermione in Gryffindor, those long years ago. I’ve watched your friendship blossom, worried it would never be more than that. But these past few years, I’ve noticed the small glances each others way and the continuous worry about the other, hoping it would lead to something more.”

Hermione started sobbing loudly and Harry turned to her. He got up and kneeled in front of her.

“’Mione, love, what is it?” Harry asked soothingly, taking her hand with his, while his other hand touched her face.

Hermione jerked her head away from Harry’s hand and sobbed louder. Tears flowed freely down her face while Harry tried desperately to reassure her, “Everything will be okay. I’ll never let anything happen to you.”

“Perhaps I can have a few minutes alone with Miss Granger, Harry?” Dumbledore asked, coming around from behind his desk. He escorted a reluctant Harry outside of his office and conjured another pouffe in the hallway for Harry to sit on.

“Just one minute, Harry,” Dumbledore assured him again and closed the door swiftly.

Hermione didn’t stop crying, even when Dumbledore stood in front of her.

“What’s happened, Miss Granger?” he asked patiently.

“I’ve d-done s-something terrible,” Hermione wailed.

Professor Dumbledore muttered an incantation under his breath, which Hermione knew was a calming spell. Her sobs gave way to sniffles, and then she sighed heavily. Her crying ceased.

“Now, what have you done?” Dumbledore asked.

Hermione told him the whole story, taking small glances at the headmaster. When he did not look angry, she would continue.

“…I didn’t mean for it to go this far. Ron and I were so convinced that this might be the only way for us to get Harry to open up to us. It’s all my fault,” Hermione concluded.

Dumbledore, who had listened quietly, sat down behind his desk again, lacing his fingers together on top of it, “So, I’ve been premature on my news, as I feared would happen,” Dumbledore said, “But don’t you see, Miss Granger, maybe this is what fate had in store for the two of you. It could be possible that this was supposed to happen. Perhaps it has just given you two a shove in the right direction.”

Hermione sniffled and stared at Dumbledore, “It has for me, at least. I’ve realised my true feelings for Harry.”

“It’s possible the same has happened for him.”

Hermione shook her head, “He’s under a spell, and he doesn’t know what’s going on. Now I’ll never really know his true feelings. What should I do professor?”

“What do you think should be done?”

“I have two options, according to the spell book,” Hermione said, confiding in professor Dumbledore, “I can wait thirty more days to see what Harry will choose, or I can give him the reverse potion and then he’ll know everything and be able to make his choice on that.”

Dumbledore nodded, “As always, I’m sure both ways has its drawbacks.”

“Yes,” Hermione grumbled, “ I had decided to perform the reverse potion, but this new information is quite shocking and now I’m rethinking my decision.”

“I can’t tell you which path to choose, but I do know that you’ll make the right decision. You may go.”

Hermione opened her mouth to ask which way he thought would be better, but knew what she had to do. She nodded silently and left.


Once through the doors, Harry hugged her tightly.

“Will you tell me what’s wrong now?” he asked her.

Hermione’s eyes welled with tears again, “Not right now.”


They walked together, hand in hand, back to the common room where Ron waited for them.

“Are you in trouble?” he asked anxiously as they entered through the portrait hole.

“No,” Hermione said glumly.

Harry told Ron what happened in Dumbledore’s office.

“Blimey, the two of you, huh?” Ron gasped when Harry had finished. He exchanged a look with Hermione, who sniffed loudly.

Hermione mumbled something about homework and ran off to the girl’s dormitory. She heard Harry call after her, but knew he wouldn’t be able to follow her.

It was time to brew the reverse potion and whether she would use it or not, she didn’t know.

Once it was done, she went back down into the common room. Sneaking a peek around the corner, she noticed no one was there. Everyone had gone to bed.

She moved towards the fire, just to sit and think.


Minutes turned into an hour and still Hermione weighed her options. This was the hardest decision she’d ever made. Harry could hate her forever.

She didn’t hear the footsteps coming from the boy’s dormitory until it was too late.

“Good, I was hoping you would show up again,” Ron said sleepily.

Hermione sighed, wishing to be left alone.

“What are you going to do?” Ron continued, when Hermione said nothing.

“I don’t know Ron.”

“You have to give him the reverse potion Hermione, there should be no thinking about this!” Ron flushed with anger.

Hermione was in no mood to be reprimanded, and rose to her feet, “How dare you! I didn’t want to do this in the first place! You’re the one who told me to, and now you think I can fix it so easily?”

“Yes!”

“Ron, Harry could hate me for this! It was all in the spell book! It’s a chance I don’t know if I’m willing to take! What if he does hate me? I have a prophecy to fulfill now!”

“Harry is my best friend! I WILL NOT HAVE HIM LIED TO!”

“YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!”


The whole dormitory must have heard the commotion coming from downstairs. Most poked their heads outside the rooms, and realizing it was just another row between Ron and Hermione, they shook their heads and went to bed. Harry, on the other hand, flew down the stairs to Hermione’s aid just as Ron picked up the discarded vials with the reverse potion in it from the couch.

“Is this it Hermione?” he yelled at her.

Hermione shook her head.

“Don’t lie me, I will give it to Harry!”

“What is going on here?” Harry asked stepping between them.

Hermione looked away stubbornly and Ron uncapped the vial.

“Harry take this,” Ron said, stuffing it in his hand. Harry looked questioningly between them.

Hermione’s eyes shone with tears and Ron nodded insistently.

“Hermione?” Harry asked, looking for some sign of encouragement.

“Go ahead, Harry,” she whispered quietly.

He glanced at both once again before downing the vial.
Chapter Five by hermione4harry
A/N: Sorry about the spacing. I've been kinda paranoid ever since my very first chapter was rejected for line spacing, Go figure! So, out of fear of rejection, I've put spaces everywhere. Perhaps too many? Could never figure out the html codes or whatever. I know how to italicize though!


Chapter Five.

Hermione climbed the girls’ staircase slowly. Harry hated her.

The cloud that had shrouded Harry’s eyes seemed to lift as he swallowed the vial. He looked confused for some time, then his eyes flashed with anger. He turned on Hermione.

“How could you, Hermione?” he shouted.

Tears fell from Hermione’s eyes, “I-I’m sorry, Harry.” She’d never seen such anger in those green eyes towards her.

“It wasn’t right,” he mumbled, pacing behind the couch. She could tell a million things ran through his head. It was all apparent in his eyes.

“And you!” Harry yelled, turning on Ron, “This was your idea!”

“Please Harry,” Hermione started, sniffling, “We were so worried about you. I needed to know what was wrong with you. You hadn’t talked to us. You were so distant.”

“And your plan was to use me!”

“No,” Hermione choked out.

“Harry, don’t be that way,” Ron said, quietly, “We were at the end of our rope.”

“So you felt that giving me no choice was the best way,” Harry stopped pacing, and then turned to Hermione again, “I told you things that I didn’t want you to hear!”

Hermione started crying again, her breath coming in hiccoughs. She didn’t notice Harry’s face soften, but he turned swiftly away.

“Accio Firebolt!” Harry cried. His Firebolt raced towards him from the boy’s staircase and without another word, he left.


Hermione reached her bed and flopped down on it, crying quietly into her pillow. Those green eyes haunted her. They had looked at her with such hurt and anger.

Her first thought had been to go after him, but Ron had stopped her.

“Leave him alone,” Ron said, sadly.

Hermione opened her mouth to protest, but stopped. It was true. Harry needed time to think.

“I told you he would hate me,” she answered instead.

“He’ll get over it.”

Hermione shook her head.

“Look, go to bed,” Ron suggested, “I’ll stay up and wait for him.”

Hermione shook her head again, feeling too much pain and heartache for what had just happened. She wanted to wait to see Harry again as well. She wanted to fix this. Everything that happened, she would never take back for all the books in the world. Hermione was so happy in Harry’s arms, but she wasn’t sure if that’s where she would be ever again.

“Go Hermione,” Ron urged, “I want to talk to him first.”

She finally conceded and turned slowly towards the staircase.


It took hours for Hermione to fall asleep and she tossed and turned all night, dreaming. She dreamt she’d failed. The dark lord killed Harry and was about to turn on her when she sat bolt upright in bed. It was still early.

Knowing she wouldn’t sleep anymore, she got out of bed and went down to the common room. Ron slept soundly, snoring in one of the armchairs. A few first year girls giggled at him from across the room.

Hermione shook him.

“W-What?” Ron answered sleepily.
“Didn’t Harry come back?” Hermione asked anxiously.

Ron’s eyes opened wide, “I don’t know, I’ll check the dormitory.”

He went upstairs while Hermione’s heart raced wildly, worried that he was missing.

Ron came back a few minutes later to find Hermione pacing in the same spot Harry had paced the night before.

“He’s sleeping,” he said, glumly, “I must have missed him.”

Hermione sighed angrily, “Can’t you do anything right?”

“I fell asleep!” Ron snapped.

“Well, good one!” Hermione retorted and went out the portrait hole to the Great Hall alone.



She sat for a long time, staring at her breakfast. Ron had come down, but avoided her. He went and sat by Ginny, who kept nervously glancing at Hermione.

Hermione could sense the second Harry had stepped into the Great Hall. She turned and met his eyes. Immediately, he spun on his heel and walked away quickly. She rose to follow, but couldn’t find him anywhere. They had Defense Against the Dark Arts next together, so she went towards the classroom.

He wasn’t there so she sat in front of the classroom to wait.

Harry still hadn’t turned up by the time the door
was opened and Professor Tonks led them into the room.

“Where’s Harry?” Tonks whispered to Hermione as she took her seat in the front row.

Hermione shrugged and didn’t meet her eye. She was trying to force back tears.

Harry entered five minutes late and sat beside Hermione quietly. They always sat together in this class, everyone had known not to sit with her.



Hermione tried to catch Harry’s eye throughout the whole class, but he wouldn’t look at her and when it was finished, he rushed off before she could say a word.



Days went by like this. Hermione’s head seemed
to be in a daze. Neither Harry nor Ron would speak to her. They wouldn’t sit together, but at opposite ends. Twice, Ginny tried to find out what happened, but gave up when the trio would snap at her.

A week later during dinner, Professor Dumbledore approached their table. Harry sat three seats over from Hermione, which was the closest he had sat in the past week.

“Mr. Potter, Miss Granger, I wish to start the training of both of you tomorrow night in the Room of Requirement. Please meet Professor Lupin there at seven o’clock sharp,” he told them.

They both nodded, and Harry looked away.

Hermione stopped the Headmaster as he walked away, “Headmaster, may I ask you something?”

“Of course Hermione,” he answered, turning to her.

“Do I belong in Gryffindor?” Hermione asked curiously. It had been bothering her, among other things, ever since Dumbledore had said that he asked the sorting hat to place her in Gryffindor.

“Now, that’s an amusing story,” the headmaster smiled, “The sorting hat did not like that I had asked it to place you in that house. Told me to mind my business. It would be for it to decide. But it looked inside you as it sat on your head. It saw that you did have the brain of a Ravenclaw, but in your heart you were a true Gryffindor. Quick thinking and courageous.”

Hermione smiled, pleased with herself.

Before turning away, Professor Dumbledore added, “You sure have proven yourself these past years.”

Hermione continued to eat, thinking. She was happy the headmaster had said that, but her happiness didn’t last. She didn’t notice as she sat there that Harry was staring at her, reflecting on Hermione’s part in all of his troubles. She had always been his rock. Nothing would have ever been right if she wasn’t there.



* * *



The next night, Hermione headed toward the Room of Requirement alone. She hadn’t seen Harry since dinner.

Wondering if Harry would even show up tonight, she rounded the corner and walked straight into Malfoy. He was with his two goons, Crabbe and Goyle.

“Ugh! Mudblood!” Draco shrieked, wiping at his clothes.

“Eat it Malfoy!” Hermione snapped.

“Oh, not very nice tonight are we?” he smirked at her, he looked at his two buddies, “I think we should teach this filth a lesson.”

Before Hermione knew what was happening, both Crabbe and Goyle had taken her arms. She kicked out at them, but they both pinned her against the wall. Malfoy withdrew his wand. He traced the outline of her face with the tip. Hermione glared at him, not showing her fear.

“No one to save you this time, is there mudblood?” Malfoy whispered in her ear. He had leaned in really close, far too close for comfort.

Hermione kneed him in the groin, and he doubled over. He cursed and then slapped Hermione in the face. Her eyes filled with tears. No one had ever hit her before. Harry and Ron had always been her protectors, but they weren’t here now. She panicked as the other two withdrew their wands as well. She closed her eyes preparing to receive the worst curses she could imagine.

“Touch her again Malfoy and I’ll make you wish you had never been born,” Harry shouted. Hermione opened her eyes and exhaled slowly. Harry stood with his wand pointed at Malfoy’s back.

Draco looked startled.

“Drop your wands, NOW!” Harry yelled.

Nobody moved and Harry dug his wand into
Malfoy’s back.

“NOW!!” he yelled again. Malfoy nodded and the other two tucked their wands back into their robes. Malfoy lowered his own. Harry spun him around and pointed the tip of his wand at his face, “I swear if you ever touch her again, I’ll kill you.”

Malfoy glared at him for a second, then spun around, motioning for his cronies to follow him.

Hermione touched her face lightly, not looking at Harry. It still stung and she knew there must be a mark on her face.

Harry came close to her and touched her face lightly, “Are you alright?”

Hermione nodded, staring at the floor.

“Do you want me to get some ice?”

“No,” she mumbled, trying to slow her ragged breathing.

Harry tilted her chin so that they locked eyes, “I’m sorry I wasn’t here sooner.”

Hermione tried her best to sound collected, “I’m alright, really.” The way Harry looked at her and the way he touched her face, made her want to melt into his arms.

He stepped away, and seemingly recalled he was still mad at her. He spun around and continued toward the Room of Requirement.

For a second, Hermione actually believed they would start, at least, speaking to each other again. As she followed Harry, about twenty paces behind, she knew they were far from becoming more than friends again.



“Oh, good,” Lupin said happily as they Hermione entered, “You’re both here.”

Harry shook the Professor’s hand and Hermione gave him a quick hug. He smiled between them, happily.

“I just knew you two belonged together. It was no surprise when Albus asked me to start training the two of you.” As he said this he took both their hands and squeezed them gently, then he placed them together. Hermione looked at Harry, who stared at their joined hands. The minute Lupin turned around, Harry pulled his hand away from hers.

“Now, let’s get started,” Lupin said, taking a book off the table. It had the name ‘Concurrent Spells’ written in a metallic red across a light brown cover. Taking a seat in front of the couch, Lupin tapped the book twice and two copies of it appeared on the couch across from him. He motioned for the two to sit down in front of him, which they obeyed quickly.

Lupin smiled at them a little puzzled at their silence, he cleared his throat, “Okay, I think that for today, I’ll just give you a little background on concurrent spells, that is, spells that are best suited to be performed together to get the best results.”

Hermione and Harry flipped open the books still not saying a word. Lupin looked at them quizzically, but continued, “I also should point out that all spells that are performed by the both of you are going to have twice as much of an affect. Such as, if you both performed a stupefy curse, it could render someone unconscious for days. I would suggest not trying this on any friends, namely Ron. We will be practicing on a boggart.”

Harry finally spoke up, “Won’t the boggart become a dementor?”

“Really Harry, are you still afraid of dementors?” Lupin asked, surprised.

Harry thought for a second, “It’s not a good idea, it wouldn’t turn into Voldemort either, or any other death eater.”

“Really?” Lupin asked.

“Yes, my worst fear right now is for those around me,” Harry explained quietly, “I’m afraid to lose everyone I love.”

Silence followed until Lupin spoke again, “I will find something else then, Harry, I’m sorry.”

The lesson was simple. Professor Lupin had them read the first chapter about the background information of concurrent spells. He answered the few questions they had about the chapter, and then told them to practice together, on something small, until they met again in a week.

“Professor? How do we know what the other person’s spell is going to be?” Hermione asked as Lupin escorted them to the Gryffindor common room.

“Well, those that can perform spells of this nature also possess a sort of sixth sense. You will know what the other person is about to perform, just listen to your heart,” Lupin said.

They said goodbye to the Professor and went into the common room.
Chapter Six by hermione4harry
A/N: I’m afraid this will be the final instalment of Hermione Granger and the Love Potion. I started this before HBP and the events that took place in it really threw me off. Now I have terrible writer’s block and had to start a whole new story (coming soon). I didn’t want to leave Harry and Hermione mad at each other, so I wrote this little bit. I hope you enjoy! Thanks to all who read and especially those who have reviewed or e-mailed me! I did get all the e-mails, even though I didn’t reply, I haven’t had much time on my hands since school started.


Chapter 6.


Days past without them practicing and Hermione began to worry even more that Harry would never speak to her again, let alone kiss her. She caught herself daydreaming on several occasions about that one night out they had shared. It all seemed so far away.

Hermione rounded the corner, but stopped abruptly. Draco and his thugs were picking on one of the younger students. She jumped behind a statue along the wall and pulled out her wand. She was still anxious about her previous brush with Malfoy that she didn’t want to make herself known. She mindlessly brushed her hand across her face where Malfoy had hit her, preparing for the perfect moment to stun him.

When Malfoy raised his wand to the frightened boys face, Hermione jumped out.

“STUPEFY!” she cried, at the same time someone else did and Malfoy flew. He flew farther than anyone ever should and when he hit the ground, he looked almost dead.

Hermione gasped and turned to the other attacker, but Harry simply tucked his wand back into his pants pocket and turned to walk away.



“Harry, wait!” Hermione called after him. She didn’t care what they had just done to Malfoy. She wanted to fix this with Harry. He continued to walk and she practically ran to keep up with his long strides.

When she caught him, she tugged on his arm, turning him to face her. She half expected him to glare at her, like he had been lately, but what she saw were tears in his eyes.

Her mouth opened, but no words came out.

Harry angrily wiped at his eyes and turned again.

“Harry, I miss you too,” Hermione blurted out. He stopped but didn’t turn around, so she continued, “I know you’re mad, but can’t we just talk about it?”


Slowly he turned to face her, “How could you use me like that?” he asked quietly.

Hermione bit her lip, “I didn’t use you Harry, I never meant for anything to happen. Parvati gave you the potion, not me.”

“I know that, and look what she’s doing to poor Neville. He walks around here like a lovesick puppy. It embarrasses me to know that I looked like that. Don’t you think I get enough attention?”

Hermione’s eyes filled with tears too and she covered them with her hands. It was true then, he didn’t love her, how could he. It embarrassed him to think he was acting like that all for Hermione. He never looked at her as more than his friend.

“Don’t cry, please Hermione,” Harry pleaded. He shifted uncomfortably, unsure of how to comfort her, “I didn’t mean it like that.”

“No, you’re right. What I did was wrong, but I don’t regret it.”

Harry gaped at her, “You don’t?”

Hermione looked him directly in the eye, “No.”

Harry’s face was a mixture of emotions. He looked angry, sad, pained, and lonely all at once.

“Why did you do this to me?” Harry questioned softly.

“I don’t understand Harry,” Hermione whispered, “I didn’t think it would be this bad. Wouldn’t you have told us everything soon anyways? Ron and I are your best friends, you’ve always trusted me, uh, us.”

Harry turned away, “That’s not what I mean. Of course I would have told you both soon, not exactly the way I did, but I just wanted a good time. I meant something else.”

“What?” Hermione asked, stepping in front of him again and taking his hands in hers. She had meant it as a friendly gesture, but touching him again had made her melt. She wanted so badly to hold him, but restrained herself. The heat radiated from his hands to hers, warming her all the way to her toes. She almost sighed contently, but stopped herself again.

“I can’t,” Harry said, trying to pull his hands away.

“Yes you can, you can tell me anything,” Hermione said, keeping a firm grasp.

“No, I really can’t let go,” Harry said, his face turned to a look of panic.

“What?” Hermione asked, confused.

Harry stopped trying to pull away, “Hermione, our hands are stuck together.”

Hermione tried to pull away too, but couldn’t. She panicked too, “I can’t get my wand, what are we going to do?”



“Well, you could both stop fussing. I’ll let you go when you’ve worked this out,” Ron said, stepping out from behind another statue.

“Ron, let us go,” Harry said, angrily.

Ron sighed and muttered, “I knew I should have just stayed behind the statue.”

Hermione tried to throttle Ron, but to no avail, she dragged Harry’s hands with her and he tripped over her leg. She toppled over on top of him. Now this is more like it, she thought before bursting out laughing.

To her surprise, both her boys joined in.

“Well, you two kids have fun, I’ll see you in the common room when we will all make up and be friends again,” Ron said.

“Weasley! I’m gonna get you for this,” Hermione giggled, trying to sound threatening.



Stumbling many times, they finally got back on their feet.

Hermione’s smile faded at the look in Harry’s eyes. She was about to speak when they were interrupted by Luna. She was soaking wet from head to foot. A trail of what Hermione thought was water at first, but turned out to be some kind of perfume.


Hermione laughed again, “Luna, what is that?”

But Luna ignored her question, “Was that Ron?”

“Yes,” Hermione replied, confused.

“Oh, good. I’ve really got to speak to him,” she said anxiously.



Hermione concentrated on where she smelled that particular scent before. It smelled like pine needles and a rush of cool wind. Her mind raced to her night with Harry, surrounded by pine trees and soaring through the sky. She sighed contently. Then it hit her, “Luna! Is that amortentia?”

Luna blushed, “Did I use too much?”

Harry’s eyes glazed over and his face fell. Hermione tried to contain her laughter.

“You’re not supposed to wear it,” Hermione explained.

“Yes you do! I read it in daddy’s magazine. Some woman sent in an experiment she wrote up. She tested amortentia in different places to see which would work the best. Wearing it is!” Luna explained in a faraway voice.

“Well, Ron went that way,” Hermione motioned with her hand. Harry’s hand jolted to and he seemed to come to his senses as Luna ran off.

“Great, another one,” he said sullenly.

“I think it’s sweet. Luna’s had a crush on Ron for awhile now,” Hermione said.

“And what about Ron?”

“Well, if you had been paying attention lately, you would have seen he’s been hanging around her a lot.”

Harry looked shocked.

“Yeah, well, I noticed, cause I was alone. No one talked to me. You were always hiding and Ron had Luna or his sister,” Hermione said quietly.

“Well, it didn’t have to be that way,” Harry said stubbornly.

Hermione rolled her eyes, “Will you ever stopped blaming me?”

“Maybe when you tell me why you forced me to tell you things? Why you let me kiss you?”

“I told you. I was worried about you. That’s what friends are for. People you can trust to share everything with,” Hermione explained. She wasn’t ready to address his last question.

“I told you the whole truth Hermione, everything I said wasn’t a lie,” Harry said.

“I know that. All your feelings about you-know-who and inheriting the Black fortune, I know those are true.”

“What about telling you I loved you? What about wanting to always fly with you?”

“I know that was the potion talking Harry, it’s alright.”

Harry tried to throw his hands up in the air, exasperated, but it only caused Hermione to stumble into his chest.

“Merlin, Hermione. Why do you think I’ve been so angry?”

Hermione looked up at him. She hadn’t moved away. Harry’s body was so close to hers and she liked it. Her arms were very uncomfortable, but it didn’t matter. She knew Harry was going to confess his feelings for her and it made her want to jump up and down, but she stopped herself. She wanted him to say it first.

“Harry, I kissed you because I wanted to. Not for the sake of getting information out of you. I had the best night of my life.”

“Hermione, I am so in love with you,” Harry said, smiling.

Hermione tried to throw her arms around him, but it didn’t work, so she did what she could to close the gap between them and kissed Harry lightly.

He caught her lips again before she could pull away. They both didn’t notice their hands coming loose, as they put them around each other.



Back in the common room, they found Ron and Luna snogging on the couch. Ron broke away when they entered.
“Please, don’t mind us,” Harry said, pulling Hermione by the hand to the stairs to the boy’s dormitory.
“Hey, what about making up with me!” Ron laughed.

“In a bit, wouldn’t want to interrupt your making out with Luna,” Harry said.

“You have a good little snog too, Harry,” Ron replied.

Hermione blushed, “What makes you think that? Perhaps Harry and I would like to continue our discussion in private.”

“Well, 1) You’re blushing, 2)You both look quite dishevelled from an already previous snog, and 3) I set your hands to only detach once you kissed,” Ron said, matter-of-factly.

“Ron, you’re a genius!” Hermione said, as they disappeared from view and went into the empty boys dormitory.


A/N: I always like to leave a little for the imagination. Well, there she is, all done. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it and I hope this last chapter had a good balance of mushy stuff and humour. I tried to revert back to some humour (as was suggested in a review).
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=22598