Christmas with Severus Scrooge by Colin Creevey
Summary: Severus=Scrooge´. This is a Scrooge-like tale. Dennis's life is threatened, Harry, Ron and Colin try in vain to convince Snape, but Snape refuses.
Categories: Dark/Angsty Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3721 Read: 7284 Published: 05/31/05 Updated: 11/04/05

1. Chapter 1: Twas the Night Before Christmas by Colin Creevey

2. Chapter 2: James Potter by Colin Creevey

3. Chapter 3: Colin Creevey by Colin Creevey

Chapter 1: Twas the Night Before Christmas by Colin Creevey
Christmas with Severus Scrooge

Chapter 1: T’Was the Night before Christmas



On the first day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
A partridge in a pear tree.

On the second day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the third day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!


“Everyone singing carols,” Severus said, as he watched from the entrance to his dungeon home. “I always thought everyone were idiots for celebrating a stupid holiday.” Snape rubbed his hands together, “But little do they know that once Dumbledore leaves the school for the holiday, I’ll take over and take Christmas away from them.”

“Severus,” a voice said. It was Dumbledore. “You know Christmas is a very fabulous time of year.”

“Yes, sir,” Snape said.

“It’s such a nice time of year; with singing and presents,” Dumbledore continued happily.

“Yes sir,” Snape replied getting annoyed.

“Family and love,” Dumbledore continued.

“Yes sir,” Snape said, wearing a disgusted look on his face.

“Just the thing the world needs with Lord Voldemort in our midst,” Dumbledore kept saying, (imagine how annoyed Snape would be.)

“YES SIR,” Snape screamed. ´

Dumbledore looked taken aback for a moment, but then bowed and left for his office.

It was the night before Christmas. Everyone was so happy. They knew Dumbledore was like Old St. Nick himself, and he was what made Christmas special in Hogwarts.

“Colin,” a weak voice said behind Colin Creevey, Harry’s number one fan. “I’m not feeling very good.” It was Dennis Creevey, his little brother. Dennis looked green and bits of his skin were coming off.

Colin called for help at once. He knew exactly who to go to, and that was Harry Potter. Colin dragged Dennis to the Gryffindor common room, muttering, “I knew we should have gone back home.”

When they reached the common room, Harry was nowhere to be seen. So Colin asked one of Harry’s close friends, Neville Longbottom. “Hi Neville,” Colin asked, sitting Dennis down on the chair beside him.

“Hello Colin,” Neville said, wondering why on earth Colin wasn’t after Harry and why Dennis looked so green. “What’s up,” he asked, looking at Dennis with disgust.

“Dennis is sick,” Colin said to Neville. “By the looks of it, he might be in real pain. I’m looking for Harry.”

“Wouldn’t Harry ignore you like he always does?” Neville pointed out.

“This situation is to serious for Harry to ignore,” said Colin confidently. “I know he’ll help, he’d never ignore a dying child. Harry’s not like that,” Colin added with a finish. “Now where is he?”

“I don’t know,” Neville shrugged. “Ask Hermione,” he pointed to Hermione, who was eyeing Dennis with pity and just came over.

“Anything I can do?” Hermione asked.

“Yeah, Dennis is sick,” Colin said. “He might be dying from the looks of it.”

Hermione had her hands over her mouth in horror, “It’s the Green Death Curse,” she whispered.

When Colin looked puzzled, she began to explain. “You know the killing curse, right?” Hermione said, looking at him.

Colin nodded.

“Someone performed only half the words on him. The word “Kedavra,” is enough to cause someone severe sickness within the next 5 hours.”

“What happens after the 5 hours?” Colin asked not sure weather or not he wanted to know the answer.

“He dies,” Hermione said pitifully.

“No,” Colin yelled. “Isn’t there a way to cure him?”

“I’m not sure,” Hermione said. “I’m sure Dumbledore will know.”

Hermione and Colin went up to the sixth year boys dormitories and summoned Harry and Ron, who were having a pillow fight. Hermione explained to them what Dennis’s symptoms were.

So Harry and Ron went with Colin to Dumbledore’s office, Hermione stayed behind, ready to look up the curse in the Library.

Harry and Ron carried Dennis to Dumbledore’s office, escorted by Colin, who was looking very worried. No more singing went on anymore. Many heads passes, some of them clapped their hands to their mouths. “Chocolate Frog,” Harry said the password to Dumbledore’s office.

Ron knocked on the door, looking at Dennis with a face of disgust or worried, it was hard to tell. “Come in,” a voice said from behind the door.

Harry, Ron, Colin and Dennis walked in. Dumbledore was sitting behind the desk. “I am guessing it’s urgent,” Dumbledore said, looking at Dennis.

“Yes sir,” Colin said, in tears. “My brother is sick. Very sick and maybe die if we don’t do something.”

Dumbledore looked at Dennis, who immediately fell unconscious. “Yes,” he said examining him. “Lord Voldemort, (Colin flinched at the name,) has done something to him. Dennis Creevey now has particles of the killing curse inside himself.”

“What does that mean?” Harry asked Dumbledore.

“Without the green light and the rush of death itself, the curse won’t kill him automatically,” Dumbledore said, looking at Harry. “It seems this was his plan. I will go and see to it that Lord Voldemort doesn’t do anymore of this stuff,” Dumbledore said, standing up. “The only way to cure Dennis Creevey is the Potion of Evil’s Bane. Snape should have it.”

Dumbledore walked out of Hogwarts to stop Voldemort from killing Dennis, leaving Snape in charge. Little did even Dumbledore know that with Snape in charge, the life of Dennis may be in vein, and Hogwarts may change forever?

Harry, Ron and The Creevey Brothers, (they had to work together to pick Dennis up,) went down to Snape’s dungeon.

“Sir,” Colin ran at Snape’s feet. “Please sir, my brother has a deadly sickness.”

Harry and Ron explained what Dumbledore told them, but Snape merely sneered. “Impossible, Hogwarts is guarded by walls and charms. The Dark Lord can’t get inside and curse Creevey like that.”

“But sir,” Colin said, now crying. “We need the Potion of Evil’s Bane. I beg you, please.

“I will provide no such Potion,” Snape said menacingly. “I am now Headmaster of Hogwarts and I say no Dark Lord can get inside these sacred walls.”

“Please sir,” Colin cried. “Please, I beg you.”

“Silence,” Snape yelled dangerously. “Get out of my dungeon and leave me alone. I will give you no potion of any sort.”

Harry, Ron and Colin took Dennis back to the common room and laid him down on a sofa. All they could do is Nurse Dennis, but their efforts were in vein.

Chapter 2: James Potter by Colin Creevey
Christmas with Severus Scrooge

Chapter 2: James Potter



Severus appeared in the Great Hall after dinner to announce that Dumbledore has left, and that he, Snape was now in charge. He also demanded lessons the next day. Snape was carrying out his plan to take Christmas away from Hogwarts and it was working like a charm. All the students thought this was very bad luck, and felt envious for the few students that went home for the holidays this year. That was until Snape announced to them something that made everyone hate him. Even Harry thought Privet Drive would be better than this.

“I will also send for the students who went home for the holiday,” Snape said without pity. “It’s about time we all start from scratch. I demand all the teachers to get back to work tomorrow.”

“But sir,” began tiny Professor Flitwick. “We need Christmas itself off.”

“I am master here,” Snape yelled. “I am saying there is no Christmas.”

“Can’t we just have tomorrow off,” Colin asked trying to be reasonable. “Dennis is sick.”

Snape sighed, “Very well,” he said. “Take tomorrow off. But on Boxing Day, we work double as hard.”

Yes, Snape knew Dumbledore was coming back the next day, for Christmas and the students pointed this out, but Snape knew more than what he told Dumbledore. “The Dark Lord is planning more cunning things than what I told him, he’ll be gone a lot longer,” Snape yelled back. Everyone was shocked, even Malfoy and his gang thought this was unfair, as they all liked Christmas.

“Now, we all go to bed,” Snape yelled. “I will be inspecting all the letters that are sent to you people,” he added. “To make sure none of them contain rubbish.”

“That’s unfair,” Harry yelled.

“Detention Mr. Potter,” Snape shouted back. “I am taking fifty Points from Gryffindor.”

Everyone was ordered to bed and Snape went back to the dungeon. He way lying down in his bed, when a great gust of wind blew, despite the fact there were no windows.

“What the…” Snape began, but was never able to finish, because right in front of him, a spectral form of James Potter appeared. This wasn’t James as Snape remembered him though; this was an eleven-year-old James, the Head of Marauders.

“Snivellus Snape,” James said, laughing. “We meet again, even after my death.”

“No…” Snape said, looking amazed. “It can’t be. You’re dead.”

“I am alive as an eleven-year-old,” James said. “I come in the heart of a child. This is why I come to you like this, when we first began Hogwarts and when you first started hating Christmas for a very stupid reason,” James added with a scowl.

“This is impossible,” Snape yelled. “This is some stupid trick of Potter’s.”

“My future son, Harry,” James said, losing the scowl and replacing it with a proud smile. “He is the only student within the school who’d actually stand up to you. Very brave if you ask me, considering all the evil things you do to the students, since Dumbledore left,” James said to him. “You told him what Voldemort was planning, but didn’t tell him everything. This’ll keep Dumbledore away from Hogwarts longer. You lift up everyone’s spirits when you told them he’d be back by tomorrow, and then push them back down by keeping a secret from Dumbledore, who might’ve been able to undo what Voldemort did, and would never need to leave,” James said. “I am, of course, talking about Dennis Creevey.”

“I’m not listening to you,” Snape spat. “You’re dead, so you can’t do anything to me.”

“I might be dead, but I come back to you now, to show you the past,” James said. “When you first hated Christmas………………………

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dumbledore was conducting as many teachers and students sung different Christmas Carols. Snape was looking from a dungeon entrance. Since childhood, the dungeon was Snape’s favorite hangout. He looked at everyone singing carols, and wished he could join in. His girlfriend, Shella Potassy looked at the singing with him.

“Come on, Snape,” Shella pleaded him. “Let’s join in, we’re being left out.”

“Singing is not in my nature,” he said. “The presents are all I care about.”

“Well I think that’s a bit selfish of you,” Shella replied. “I’m going to sing with them.”

“No,” he begged. “Come back to me, please.”

“I refuse to be with someone who hates the spirit of Christmas,” she yelled.

“I don’t hate the spirit of Christmas,” Snape yelled back.

“All you care about are the stupid presents,” Potassy shouted. “Something any Christmas could go without.”

With that, she turned her back on him, and went to join the others. Since then, Snape refused to go anywhere near a Christmas tree. He hated Christmas from that day forward, because it reminded him of his past. A past he never liked to share with anyone.

“Hey, Snivelly,” a voice said behind him. It was James and his friend, Sirius.

“Go away,” Snape snapped.

“Naughty, naughty,” Sirius said smiling an evil grin. “Let’s teach this guy a lesson.”

It was bad luck that the Christmas Carols were done at this time, and only the students were left. The teachers went to decorate their classrooms. Snape could do nothing to prevent it, he was cursed, jinxed, and charmed. Everyone laughed, and was the first time he was ever made fun of in front of the whole school.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“So, basically you started hating Christmas more than you usually did, ever since you lost the only girl you loved and Sirius and I made fun of you,” James said, laughing.

“It’s because of you I hate Christmas so much,” Snape yelled.

“But you never liked the spirit of Christmas,” James said back to him. “It was only the presents you cared about.”

“But since you and Black humiliated me…” Snape began.

“It doesn’t matter what Sirius and I did,” James said, with a look of disgust on his face. “It matters that you deserved everything you got that day,” he continued. “You deserved more, and you aren’t grateful that you might’ve gotten worst. I even saved your own, ungrateful life,” James added.

“Only because you would’ve gotten expelled,” Snape talked back.

“But you still would’ve died,” James said calmly.

“I’ve repaid the debt. I saved your sons life. I’ve reformed,” Snape said.

“Not totally,” James said. “If you truly reformed, you would’ve given The Potion of Evil’s Bane. The Ghost of Christmas Present will see you soon.”

Sill, Snape had no intention of providing the Potion. And he was not going to listen to anything any ghost had to say either.

*I request that Seren moderate this story.*
Chapter 3: Colin Creevey by Colin Creevey
Christmas with Severus Scrooge

Chapter 3: Colin Creevey


I REQUEST SEREN AS MY MODERATOR
Snape sat in his bed, looking around cautiously. What was all this about ghosts. He was not going to let the dead interfere in what he was doing or what he wanted. He was going to do whatever the hell he wanted to do. He fell back on his pillows. Just when he was thinking that he was going to ignore the next ghost, there came a howl of wind.

Snape stayed in bed, thinking that whoever it was, he could handle, especially if it was another one of the marauders. But none of them appeared. Instead, the present form of Colin Creevey appeared to Snape, dressed in pajamas. Snape was really amazed now, “A mere student,” he said aloud. “This is what is sent to me? It's a mere student? I can handle students anytime I wish,” he said pointing at Colin. “I am taking fifty points from Gryffindor.”

“The fifty points can not be taken, because I am not a student,” Colin Creevey said to him.

“You are a student,” Snape said. “You’re that stupid mud…well you’re Colin Creevey.”

“I appear to you as a student of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but I am here to show you what is going on in the present,” Colin said.

Snape was scared now, before he could stop himself, he raised his wand, “Avada Kedavra,” a jet of green light came straight at Colin. The green light hit, but Colin merely changed from light skin color to a bright green aura around him for a moment and then went back to normal.

“What the…” Snape began.

“I told you,” Colin laughed. “I’m a ghost, not a human.”

“Why do you appear to me so young then, why not older?” Snape asked hopefully. “Will you die young?”

“No, my human form will live to be very old and still have great energy when he dies,” Colin replied. “I appear to you so young, because this is how my human form looks like in the present. I am fifteen years old, and brother of Dennis Creevey, my only brother. And he’ll die because you didn’t give him the Potion of Evil’s Bane.”

“He’s not going to die,” Snape said disbelievingly, but not very confident.

“Let me show you,” Colin said.

“NO,” Snape yelled. But he was still transported to the Gryffindor common room.



Harry, Ron, Hermione and Colin were in the common room, trying to nurse Dennis back to health. The whole common room was empty. Unfortunately, no one knew about Dennis’s illness. Colin, Dennis, Harry, Ron and Hermione decided to keep it quiet. They all felt hatred towards Snape though. Dennis might’ve been cured ages ago, if only Snape gave them the potion.

“Stay calm Dennis,” Hermione said soothingly. “Or you’ll make the pain worst.”

Dennis was still green and he didn’t look very good, if possible, he looked worst than how he looked last time. “Hey Colin,” Dennis said weakly. “I appreciate the help you were trying to give me. I don’t think I have got a hope of surviving.”

“Don’t talk like that Dennis,” Colin said firmly. “I won’t let you die like this, and if you do, I’ll make sure I follow you.”

Colin turned to Harry and said, “Thank you Harry for trying to help. He might have died if you didn’t help me.”

“No problem,” Harry said. “I can’t stay and let someone die.”

“We’ll be here for you until the end Dennis,” Ron said.

“If it wasn’t for you guys helping me out, I don’t think I wouldn’t have lasted this long,” Dennis said, as his final words before closing his eyes and slowly becoming pale and cold. He was dead.

Colin had tears in his eyes, meanwhile, Harry looked at Dennis and said, “I swear to kill Snape,” Harry said. “No matter what the cost, I’m going to avenge your little brother for you Colin.”

Colin hugged Harry, watched by Ron and Hermione who were hugging each other. Hermione was also in tears, and it was all Snape’s fault. “I’ll miss you brother,” Colin said quietly, before walking out of the common room.

“Let’s go Harry,” Ron said, walking upstairs to the sixth year dormitories. “There’s nothing you can do now.”

“Yes there is,” Harry said, gritting his teeth. “And I’ll do it.”

“Harry,” Colin said, wearing a look that didn’t suit him. “Snape is mine to deal with, you go to bed.”

“Harry…” Ron began uncertainly.

“I’m coming,” Harry said, looking at the common room portrait hole, where Colin disappeared.

Hermione looked at Ron, “You don’t think they’re going to kill Snape do you,” she asked in a worried voice.

“He’d deserve it,” Ron said brutally for a reply before going upstairs to the sixth year dormitories.

Hermione went to the girls dormitories.



“Where the hell is he going?” Snape asked. “Where is he going?”

“Oh you don’t want to know,” Colin replied. “I have another thing to show you though.”

“What…” Snape yelled. “No not again,” he said when he disappeared.



“Albus Dumbledore,” Voldemort said, having his wand on the weakened Headmaster. Snape saw Dumbledore on the ground. “You thought you could defeat me? You were wrong, I am the one who performed the curse, and I’ll be glad to perform a curse right now.”

“Avada Kedavra,” Voldemort cried. Dumbledore quickly got up and Apparated behind Voldemort at amazing speed. They dueled without any of them getting worn out, but Snape was slightly scared for Dumbledore.



“Don’t show me anymore,” Snape said. “Don’t show me anymore.” This is some clever trick of yours and Potter’s. I’m sure of it.”

“You really think so?” Colin asked. “What if it’s not a trick? What if you really did kill him? What if he dies? What if Albus Dumbledore dies? Do you really want this death to happen to my little brother?”

Snape looked at Colin and opened his mouth to reply in a snarl, but before he could say anything, he disappeared again back to his office.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=23529