You'll Think of Me by GracieAnne
Summary: Hermione is doubling up on classes again, which means she has to bring back the Time Turner. She recieves a letter from Remus telling her to be careful with it and to use it wisely...everything that she already knows. But what she didn't know was how one little moment could send her back in time...farther than she really wanted to...
Categories: Hermione/Other Character Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 11711 Read: 23901 Published: 11/15/04 Updated: 03/31/06

1. Prelude ~ The Dream by GracieAnne

2. Chapter One § A Haunting Past by GracieAnne

3. Chapter Two § A Moment in Time by GracieAnne

4. Chapter Three § A Step at a Time by GracieAnne

5. Chapter Four § Abundances by GracieAnne

6. Chapter 5 ~ Liar by GracieAnne

7. Chapter Six ~ Suspicious by GracieAnne

8. Chapter Seven ~ She said yes by GracieAnne

Prelude ~ The Dream by GracieAnne
Author's Notes:
I am Re-writing the story at the moment
Disclaimer: Alright, all the characters belong to JKR...

Prelude
The Dream


A young woman with curly brown hair and wheat colored eyes stood outside of the heavy oak door that led to a classroom. She smoothed out her knee-length halter black dress. She sighed nervously. She was still nervous around the man she had spent four years of her life with. Her hand reached out for the door handle, but pulled it away quickly. She didn’t know what to do. It has been at least a year since she actually saw him. She fought with herself for a while, debating if she wanted to see him or not.

‘It has been a year. Do you actually think he still loves you and wants to see him?’ she thought bitterly. ‘Obviously he doesn’t love me anymore and why would he want to see me? I was the one that broke his heart.’

With a sad sigh, she turned around and started to walk back down the cold stone hallway. She was about to turn the corner when she heard the oak door open. She stopped, frozen in her place. ‘Don’t turn around; just keep walking. Ignore him; just ignore him. You don’t need him, just like before. And I’m sure he doesn’t need you.’

“Hermione?” a low smooth voice said. Hermione shuddered. His voice still sent the chills up her spine.

“Hermione?” the voice said again.

Hermione didn’t answer. She was afraid to answer or turn around. She heard footsteps behind her. ‘Oh no. He’s coming down the hall. C’mon Hermione, just keep walking. But I can’t! I still love him, but I don’t want to break his heart again. Oh just give it a rest and mo...’

Her thoughts were interrupted with the light pressure of a hand on her shoulder. “Hermione,” he breathed into her ear. She jumped a little from his hot breath. She felt his other hand on her other shoulder. He tried to turn her to face him but she resisted.

“Hermione, just look at me. Please,” he pleaded.

Hermione caved in. She turned around and faced the man she once loved, still loved. She looked at the face she touched and kissed so many times. ‘He hasn’t changed at all,’ she thought to herself. He still had those stormy gray eyes but seemed sadder than she remembered and his face looked older than usual. “Hello Remus,” she managed.

“Hello Hermione,” Remus answered. He looked into her wheat eyes, lifted his hand to her face and stroked her cheek with his thumb. “I missed you.”

Hermione looked away from his eyes fighting the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. She didn’t know what to say. ‘How can he miss me? I broke his heart last year and I...’ Her thoughts were cut short by the softness of his lips against hers. She closed her eyes, finding herself in a blissful moment, one that she had wanted for a year. She wrapped her arms around Remus’s neck. She felt his hands slide down to her hips, and she didn’t protest. She loved this closeness with him. She had longed it for twelve months; three hundred sixty-five days; eight thousand seven hundred sixty hours; five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. She didn’t want it to end.

But to her dismay, he pulled away, breaking the kiss.

“I will always love you,” he said, resting his hand on the side of her face. He noticed tears in her eyes. He wiped a stray tear away from her cheek. Before she could say anything, he kissed her once more and left.


Hermione woke up with a start. The dream felt so real to her, but she didn’t know what it meant. She couldn’t even recognize whom the face she saw in her dream. She turned onto her side, and pulled the sheets up to her chin and nuzzled into her pillow. Before she knew it, she was drifting off into a dreamless slumber.

A/N: If you haven't figured it out yet, this is going to be a Hermione/Remus fic.
Chapter One § A Haunting Past by GracieAnne
Disclaimer: Sadly I only own the plot. JKR owns everything else

Chapter One
A Haunting Past


Remus Lupin woke up abruptly. He put his hand to his forehead, feeling perspiration forming. He couldn’t believe the dream he had just had. It wasn’t the first time he had dreamt it. He sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. He put his head in his hands, sighed, than ran his hands through his sandy blonde hair thinking. He slowly got of bed.

‘Before I can go anywhere, I have to find a pair of clean pants...there is no way I’m walking around exposed. Who am I kidding? I live by myself,’ thought Remus as he bent down and picked up a pair of boxers off the floor, pulled them on, and walked to the bathroom. He turned on the water and splashed his face with the cool water.

‘It’s not suppose to be like this,’ he thought to himself. ‘Why am I dreaming this dream? I’m not suppose to have feelings like these...towards her. This is irrational; completely crazy!’

He looked up into mirror. His face seemed to have aged more in the past year. With Voldemort back and powerful, and Sirius gone, everyone was strained, but to his dismay, the strain and anxiety seemed to have taken life away from his features.

‘I need to get a hold of her before things turn bad,’ Remus thought to himself. He knew what would happen if he didn’t do anything. He would fall in love with a girl that he wasn’t suppose to fall in love with. It would alternate history. He knew tampering with history was dangerous; he had told her that before. But what happened, or is going to happen, was an accident. She didn’t ask for it to happen; neither did he. But he knew if he changed what was going to happen, what the world, as he knows it of today, would be a disaster.

‘But if I don’t stop her... She doesn’t need the confusion and I don’t need the pain,’ Remus thought resentfully. “But...if I do try to stop her, neither one of us will be hurting or find ourselves in an awkward situation.’

Remus rested his hands on the counter and looked hard in the mirror. Pondering his options for a few minutes, Remus pushed off the counter after coming to a conclusion. He knew it might change the past and alter the future, but it was a risk he was willing to take. But he had to get to her in time.

He walked back into his room and looked at the calendar. ‘September 21, 1997.’ Glancing down at his watch. “Shit,” Remus muttered. “It’s almost quarter after ten. It’s too late.”

~~~~~**~~~~~


“Hermione?” Ron asked, who was sitting on the couch next to his best friend, Harry.

Hermione looked up from her book at her friend. “What Ron?”

“May we ask you a question?” Harry asked.

“Sure, and you just did.”

Harry picked up one of the pillows from the couch and threw it at Hermione. Hermione caught the pillow just before it hit her face and laughed. “You know what we meant, ‘Mione!” Harry scolded playfully.

“I know what you meant,” Hermione said with a smile on her face. “So what is your guys’ question?”

“You remember you had that Time Turner back in third year?” Ron asked.

“Yeah. What about it?”

“Why do you still have it?” Harry asked, holding up a necklace that had a small hourglass hanging from the chain. Ron looked at Hermione with a perplexed expression on his face.

“Okay, one, how did you guys get that?” Hermione asked.

“You left at the table during lunch,” Ron answered.

“All right, that was my fault,” Hermione said to herself, she then focused back on the two boys, “Okay, and two, for your information I’m doubling up on classes again...”

“Hermione!” Ron exclaimed. “You did that four years ago and you said it yourself that you didn’t like it!”

“Ron, I just want to take a few more classes, that’s all,” Hermione said, putting her book down and standing up. “Is there a crime for that?” She put her hands on her hips and put all her weight on her left foot.

“Well,” Harry started, “it might do you some good staying Azkaban for awhile.” He and Ron smirked.

Hermione picked up the book that she had put down and threw it at her friends. It hit Ron in the shoulder and the two boys stop laughing. “That isn’t very funny!”

“’Mione, we’re just joking!” Ron said, rubbing his shoulder. “You didn’t have to throw this...” Ron held up the book.

“Well, it wasn’t funny at all,” Hermione stated. She walked over to the boys, grabbed the book from Ron and the Time Turner from Harry, and walked out of the common room into the hall. She opened up the book and pulled out a little sheet of parchment and began to read it.

Hermione,
Sorry if this gets to you after school started but I needed to tell you that just to be careful with the Time Turner this year. You never know what will happen when you go back in time.
Take care,
Remus


Hermione shoved the letter back into the book. ‘He knows I know the rules. He makes it sound like I’m going to wreck something when I go back.’ Hermione shook her head, disregarding Remus’ letter. She had a Muggle Study lesson to get to. She slipped the necklace around her neck and was about to turn the minute hourglass over when she felt the portrait door open behind her, knocking her to the ground. She looked up to see who was there, but everything was spinning around her. ‘Oh no,’ Hermione thought, ‘what happened?’
Chapter Two § A Moment in Time by GracieAnne
Disclaimer: I own nothing unfortunately. JKR owns almost everyone in this story and I only own the "dumb" plot.

Chapter Two
A Moment in Time


After the swirling effect stopped, Hermione was still on the ground, looking around trying to see what time it was. She looked down at her watch. Twenty-five to one... Well, at least I know it still is, Hermione thought to herself. She got up off the ground and brushed herself off. She turned towards the portrait of the Fat Lady, but the Lady was nowhere to be seen in the picture. Hermione shrugged figuring that the Lady probably went off to visit her friend, Vi. Hermione looked down at the ground and noticed her book on the ground. She picked it up and examined it. No damaged seems to be done, she thought. She heard footsteps coming down the hall. She was relieved by the sound.

She turned around, hoping to see Harry or Ron coming down the hallway. But to her surprised it was four boys whom she never seen before. She narrowed her eyes, trying to get a better look at them. Her jaw nearly dropped to the floor. There was one boy that looked like Harry, except he had warm brown eyes instead of green. One of the other boys was tall with shoulder-length black hair; the other tall one had sandy colored hair. The shortest of the four had a rat looking face and blond hair.

Hermione felt her head spinning. Not again, Hermione thought weakly. Everything was turning black to her soon she could hear nothing.

~~~~~**~~~~~


“Who is she?”

“Why are you looking at me?”

“You usually know everything, Moony.”

“Not always, Padfoot.”

Hermione slowly opened her eyes. She felt a soft material underneath her. I must be on the couch, she thought. She lifted her head up a little bit and saw the four boys standing in front of the fireplace conversing about her. She shook her head slightly and smiling to herself.

“Way to go, Moony. You woke her up!” said the boy with messy black hair and glasses.

“It’s not my fault that Padfoot here is being loud,” defended the boy with the sandy blonde hair.

“No, it’s okay. Really,” Hermione said, sitting up on the couch and rubbing her head. She never had a headache this bad before. She felt a small lump on the back of her head. A quizzical look appeared on her face.

“You fainted and hit your head,” said the boy with the long black hair. “By the way, I’m Sirius, and this is James, Remus, and Peter.

Hermione’s eyes opened wide. “Oh, no!” she whispered disappointedly.

“Is there something wrong?” asked Peter innocently.

Hermione shook her head. “This can’t be. This isn’t possible. I can’t be here,” she muttered, “How can this be?”

“Excuse me?” Remus asked politely.

“Maybe she’s psycho,” Sirius whispered to James. His comment received an elbow from Remus.

“I am not psycho,” Hermione said, narrowing her eyes. “It’s just that I’m not suppose to be here.”

“You are a witch, aren’t you?” Sirius asked.

“Yes, but—“

“Then, you’re supposed to be here,” he butted in.

Hermione shook her head. “No. I’m not suppose to be here...in this time period,” she said more to herself than the boys.

Sirius looked at her and then to Remus. “Moony, do you know what she’s talking about?”

He shrugged his shoulders, pondering his friend’s question. “I have no clue,” he answered.

Hermione looked up at Remus. He was so different compared to the one back in her time. His face wasn’t ghostly looking and scar free, and his storm gray eyes showed life for once. She had to smile. He looked happy and carefree. She shook her head again.

“What’s wrong? You keep shaking your head,” someone asked curiously. Hermione turned her head and saw a young James Potter sitting next to her. Her eyes widened at the sight. She couldn’t believe how much Harry looked like his father. Of course she has seen pictures of James Potter before, but just seeing him in person made it more surprising. It was almost like looking at Harry.

“I’m...I’m fine,” Hermione stuttered, still staring at James. “It’s just that he looks so much like you,” she breathed.

“Excuse me?” James asked, taken back by her comment.

“Nothing. Never mind,” Hermione said, getting up from the couch. She felt lightheaded and almost fell to the ground, but Remus was able to catch her before she hit the hard floor.

“Take it easy miss. You did hit your head you know,” Remus said into her ear. She shivered and felt even more lightheaded from the feeling of his breath in her ear. She let him help her sit back down on the couch.

“Maybe we should take her to Madam Ecclestone,” Sirius suggested, “I mean, she almost fainted right there, not to mention, she’s talking to herself. We don’t even know what she means when she said she’s ‘not suppose to be here’.”

“I’m not. I’m not from this time,” Hermione defended weakly.

“Okay. All in favor saying she’s completely lost?” Sirius said.

“Shut up, Padfoot,” Remus scolded, facing Sirius. Sirius merely shrugged and leaned against the fireplace. Remus turned back to Hermione, knelt down so he was eye level. “What do you mean, you’re not from this time?”

Hermione looked into his eyes, reached down inside of her robes and pulled out the time turner. “I had an accident with this,” she said. She held up the time turner before Remus. He took the minute hourglass into his fingers, handling it gently. “I was knocked down by the Fat Lady’s portrait, before I was able to turn it back to go to a class,” she explained, “I think my fingers slipped and it just kept turning...” She trailed off, realizing that this was for real. She grabbed the chain of the necklace and pulled, causing the chain to break.

“Why did you do that?” James asked next to her.

“I don’t want it. It’s nothing but trouble. I can’t believe I wanted to double up on classes again. After what happened in third year, how could I be so stupid to think I could handle it again,” Hermione said, “I’ll never be able to go back home.” Her eyes started to sting with tears, but she held them back and looked down in her lap.

Sirius raised his eyebrows, Peter remained silent, and James looked at Remus. Remus knew what he was trying to say to him and took a ridged breath.

“Hey, c’mon now,” Remus said soothingly. He put his fingers under her chin and lifter her head so she could look at him. “You will be able to go back. We’ll help you. But first, what’s your name?”

Hermione sniffed softly and answered, “Hermione. Hermione Granger.”
Chapter Three § A Step at a Time by GracieAnne
Chapter Three
A Step at a Time


Remus watched as Hermione leaned back against the couch. He could tell that she was overwhelmed with the information of what she said has happened. He would have to agree with that. If he traveled a good twenty or so years back into time, he would be overwhelmed too.

She told the four boys that she would just sleep on the couch and that they should go to bed, considering it was late. Remus, however, had stay behind, telling the guys that he wanted to make sure she was all right. He knew she was lying when she said she was fine.

“You don’t have to stay with me,” Hermione said, looking up at Remus.

Remus sighed and sat down next to her on the couch. “I know I don’t have to, but I want to. I just want to know if you’re all right.”

Hermione shook her head and said, “I’m fine, Remus.”

Remus looked at her and whispered, “Bullshit.”

Hermione looked at him with her eyes widened with surprised. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me. Bullshit. You’re not all right.” He looked down at his hands. He couldn’t look at her and call her bluff.

Hermione was still looking at him, not believe he just tried to call her on a bluff. It was something that Harry or Ron would have done. A smile slowly crept on her face. She knew he meant well.

“Do you want to go for a walk?” he asked.

“Hm?”

“Do you want to go for a walk?” he repeated.

Hermione looked at him smiled brightly. She nodded her response. Remus got up off the couch and held out his hand. She took it and he gently pulled her to her feet.


~~~~~**~~~~~


They walked around the grounds with the quarter moon giving little light. Remus didn’t mind, considering he kept looking at the moon occasionally.

“Don’t worry, you have a few more weeks before the full moon,” Hermione whispered, looking up into the sky.

Remus turned to face her, slightly stunned by her comment. If anyone knew he was a werewolf, they would run away from him. Well, anyone besides his three friends.

Hermione looked at him and smiled at him coyly. “Sorry,” she apologized.

“It’s okay. You’re just the first girl to know and not run away,” he said.

“Well, I’m not like most girls,” Hermione said, laughing softly.

“I guess not.”

They kept walking, and after sometime, they found themselves by the lake. It was a crisp September night. Slightly chilly, but Remus didn’t mind it, and by the way Hermione looked, she didn’t mind it either.

He watched her take a seat under the tree by the lake. The light breeze blew her hair into her face, and she moved it behind her ears. Her attempt failed as the breeze blew her hair into her face again. Remus smiled and took a seat next to her, blocking the breeze a little bit. She smiled sweetly, silently thanking him for the barrier from the breeze.

They sat there for a while, just enjoying the night, not talking, just sitting in silence. Remus found it relaxing, sitting under the tree and moonbeams, by the water, and next to girl who was just simply amazing, considering he met her a good eight hours ago. To him, it seemed like he knew her his whole life.

He took an opportunity to steal a glance at her. He noticed a tear on her cheek and suddenly went into a battle with himself. He was debating if he should wipe away the tear or not. If he did, it would be the first time he would be making the first move with a girl.

He finally gave in, and lifted his hand to brush away the tear. Once his thumb touched her face, she grabbed his wrist and looked him in the eyes. He noticed they were red and glazed over. Her chin quivered and he knew it wasn’t from the weather. He pulled her close to him and too his surprise she wrapped her arms around him and started to sob into his shoulder.

He wasn’t used to girls crying, but he decided to the best he could. He gently played with her hair and whispered soothing words in her ear.
Chapter Four § Abundances by GracieAnne
Chapter Four
Abundances


“I love you too much to see you leave.
I love you too much to imagine life without you.”
Rae Leverance “One More Time”



Remus took a seat at the Gryffindor table, in between Sirius and James, and across from Hermione. He avoided her eyes as he spooned eggs on his plate.

“Had a late night, Moony?” Sirius asked, giving his friend a smile and a wink.

“Yeah, you got in late last night,” James added.

Remus didn’t answer. He just started to eat his breakfast, trying his hardest to ignore his friends and the look from Hermione.

“So?”

Remus snapped his head up to look at James. He was still chewing his food, so he gave James a look of question.

“What kept you last night?” James asked. He looked at his friend with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

“What’s it to you?” Remus retorted.

“Down boy. I was just asking a naïve question,” James said, putting on an innocent face.

“Naïve my arse,” Remus stated. He got up from the table and walked out of the Great Hall.

His friends watched him leave and turned to look at each other. James gave Sirius a questioning look, but only received a shrug. They both seemed to be communicating telepathically, when they both looked at Hermione, who was in conversation with Lily Evans, the Head Girl. Both girls stopped talking and looked at the two boys.

“What?” Lily asked, annoyed that they were interrupting her conversation with the new girl.

“Not you, Lily,” Sirius answered.

“Her,” James said, pointing at Hermione. Both boys fixed their eyes on the brown-haired girl.

Hermione returned the look. She didn’t want to know what the two boys wanted or were thinking. She knew how her two best friends were, and she knew what kind of teenagers Sirius Black and James Potter were “back in the day”.

“What?” Hermione asked, slightly annoyed by the two. She looked at Lily, asking silently if she knew what they were playing at. Lily just shrugged, just as lost as she was. Hermione looked back the two boys who were still looking at her with wide eyes.

“If you two are going to gape at me, and you’re not going to tell me what you want, then I see no reason for me to sit here any longer,” Hermione snapped. She was about to get up from the table, when James called her back down.

“Sorry,” James said, “but please, just sit down.”

Hermione gave James a skeptical look. He seems so innocent. Now I know where Harry gets it from, Hermione thought.

She sat back down and waited impatiently for James to talk. Sirius smiled and leaned over the table, closing the space between him and Hermione. She felt a little uncomfortable, but this was Sirius that was doing this. He was always in Snape’s face when they talked, just to be intimidating.

She scoffed. He doesn’t know whom he’s dealing with, she thought.

“What’s so funny?” Sirius asked, a smile playing on his lips. Hermione was able feel his breath on her face.

Hermione saw a glint of mischief in his eyes, and she shook her head. “Mr. Black, if you would kindly back up and give me my personal space,” Hermione said, putting her hand in front of his face. “Besides, you have dog breath.” She smirked at Sirius as he sat back down in his seat with his eyes wide. He looked at James, who in return just started at Hermione.

Hermione rolled her eyes and said, “Oh, come off it you two. I told you that I knew all about you back in my...” Hermione was cut off short as she glace at Lily then finished, “...back where I’m from.”

James shook his head and said, “Er---we were going to ask you if you knew what was up with our friend Remus, considering that you were with him last night.” He looked at her long and hard, trying to be intimidating.

Hermione got up from the table, angry. “As of matter of fact, I do. And it’s you two.” She stormed out of the Great Hall hoping to find Remus.


~¤~Flashback~¤~



Tears slid down her face. She was fighting an inner battle, with her heart and mind. She knew that she had to go back to her time, where Harry and Ron were...where her family was. But she actually felt safe right there in Remus’ arms as she cried. She didn’t have to worry about the war that was going on back in her time; she didn’t have to worry about the pain, the despair, and the obliteration. She tried to force herself to stay strong, to put on a face that didn’t show fear and anger.

She was fearful that she wouldn’t be able to get back to her time; fearful that she won’t get to see Harry or Ron or her parents ever again. She was actually starting to miss her roommates, Lavender and Parvati.

She was angry for the same reasons she was fearful. But yet, she was angry at the fact that she was with her DADA professor, whom she had a crush on, twenty years in the past; in his arms, crying her eyes out over something that already happened and couldn’t change.

Remus’ fingers running through her hair and the kind words that he was whispering in her ear interrupted her thoughts. Her body started to relax into his, and her mind started to become heavy with fatigue. She knew it has to be late, but she didn’t know how late it really was.

Hermione pulled away from Remus slowly, making sure he wasn’t going to get the wrong idea.

Wrong idea of what? Granger, pull it together. This isn’t your world, and you can’t be falling in love with your DADA teacher...

‘Who is simply twenty years younger and has a gorgeous smile and---’

Don’t go there Granger.

‘Would you two shut up?’
Hermione cursed her sense of right and wrong.

“Are you okay Hermione?” Remus asked. His eyes are full of concern.

Tell him you’re fine.

‘But she’s not. She’s crying and she can’t just lie and say she’s fine.’

Yes she can. She does it with her Harry and Ron.


“But he’s not Harry or Ron,” Hermione said, not knowing the words escaped her lips.

“What was that Hermione?” Remus asked.

Hermione looked up at Remus, tears threatening her eyes again. She quickly looked away as a tear slid down her cheek, hoping that Remus wouldn’t see.

But she forgot how bright the moon shown that night, and Remus got a glimpse of the tear. He leaned over and brushed it away with his thumb. Hermione grabbed his hand and looked Remus in the eyes.

“I think I better get some sleep. You should too. You have classes tomorrow, and I think I should talk to Dumbledore,” Hermione said softly.

Remus nodded solemnly, got up from the ground, and held out his hand. Hermione smiled feebly and took his hand. He pulled her gently up off the ground and they walked back to the castle in silence.


~¤~End Flashback~¤~



Hermione walked through the portrait hole and looked around the common room, hoping to see Remus. There he was sitting in an armchair with his nose in a book. She walked over to him and sat down on the couch.

“You know, you have classes in twenty minutes,” she said quietly.

“Yeah,” Remus answered, not looking up from his book.

“Your friends care...in their own weird little way.”

“Yeah, I know.”

Hermione looked at him, unsure what to say next. He didn’t even look up once from his book, Hermione thought. She looked down at her hands that were resting in her lap. She turned her wrist so she could read her watch.

“Well, I guess I better go and find Dumbledore and see what he can do to help,” she said more to herself, but Remus heard her.

“I hope he can help,” he said, looking up from his book.

Hermione smiled halfheartedly. “You know, James and Sirius are nothing but little kids. I don’t know why you got upset with them. You could have just told them truth. Or were you embarrassed to be with me?” She got up from the couch, and started to make her way towards the portrait hole. She was stopped by Remus’ voice.

“I wasn’t embarrassed. You’re a very pretty girl, and I didn’t want Sirius and James to be on my case about it. You don’t know them like I do.”

Hermione smiled and walked out into the corridor.
Chapter 5 ~ Liar by GracieAnne

Chapter Five
Liar


“I'm tired of looking 'round rooms wondering what I gotta to do”
Gavin DeGraw – “I Don’t Wanna Be”


Hermione dragged her herself back to the Gryffindor Tower, whispered the password (thanks to the boys), walked over to a couch, and lied down on her back. She couldn’t believe that Dumbledore didn’t know how to get her back to her time. But he did promise to help her find a way. She closed her eyes, keeping back the tears that were threatening to escape. She was starting to think that she wasn’t going to be able to get back to her time; that she wasn’t going to see her friends or family anytime soon.

To make matters worse, she started to have this feeling towards Remus. It was a feeling she was trying to force herself not to have. Remus was a nice guy, yes, but she didn’t want to break his heart, or have him get the wrong idea that she liked him.

But he was sincere when he said that she was pretty. No one has ever complemented her on anything but her homework. Yeah, she would get a “You’re beautiful” or a “You’re exquisite” from her parents, but never from anyone else, especially from a boy.

She got a pang of pain in her heart. She couldn’t pinpoint it, but it was dang close to guilt and shame. She knew it wasn’t right to fall in love with someone from the past. She wasn’t supposed to change the past when she used the time turner. But with her being there, she was changing the past, which could have an effect on the outcome of the future.

Hermione shifted to her side and stared into the fireplace. The red-orange and yellow flames seemed to pacify her. A tear slid down her cheek, going unnoticed by her. She gave a heavy sigh and closed her eyes again.

‘Might as well get some sleep since everyone is in class,’ Hermione thought, wiping a tear away from her cheek. In no time at all, she was fast asleep on the couch.

~¤~Later On~¤~


Hermione woke to James, Sirius, and Remus walking into the common room. They weren’t the quietest guys. She rubbed her eyes sleepily, sat up on the couch, and tucked her hair behind her ears. She touched her cheeks absentmindedly and knew that her cheeks were tearstained just by the way the felt.

“Hermione?” James said from behind her. She turned around in her seat to face the three boys, but to her surprise only James stood there. She turned back around to face the fireplace. Looking at him only reminder her how much she missed Harry and Ron.

“I’m fine,” Hermione replied, forcing her to sound like she said she was.

James opened his mouth to call her bluff but she cut in.

“Really James,” Hermione said, standing up. “I’m fine.” She grabbed her backpack off the floor and walked out of the common room.

James watched her exit and sat down on the back of the couch. He saw his best friend Sirius walking towards him.

“What you do Prongs?” Sirius asked him, slightly amused. “She seemed upset.”

“But she says she’s fine,” James answered.

“Maybe we should get her to talk to ol’ sensitive Mooney.” Sirius smiled.

James looked at his friend, smiled, and stood up. Sirius and him started to ascend the staircase leading to the boys’ dormitory to their friend, Remus. They walked into their dormitory and found Remus on his bed reading his muggle book, Jane Eyre.

“Remus, what the hell are you reading?” Sirius asked.

Remus looked up from his book and looked at the cover. “Jane Eyre, why?”

“Isn’t that about a girl,” Sirius went on.

“You’re point is...”

“It’s about a girl!” Sirius stated.

“She’s an orphan being raised by her cruel, wealthy aunt. A servant provides her with some of the few kindnesses she receives, telling her stories and singing songs to her. As punishment for fighting with her bullying cousin, Jane’s aunt imprisons Jane in the red-room, the room in which Jane’s uncle died. While locked in, Jane, believing that she sees her uncle’s ghost screams and faints. She wakes to find herself in the care of Bessie and the kindly apothecary Mr. Lloyd, who suggests to Mrs. Reed that Jane be sent away to school. To Jane’s delight, her aunt concurs...”

“Remus, I don’t care what the book is about, I just want to know why you would read a book that’s about a girl.”

“Sirius, are you sexist?” Remus asked quizzically.

“No, but I...”

“Then you shouldn’t care.”

“Remus, we didn’t come up here to insult what kind of books you read,” James said, glaring at Sirius, “But we did come here and asked you if you could talk to Hermione for us.”

“Why not you?”

“I already have, but she just says she’s fine,” James answered.

“Then she is,” Remus said, finalizing the conversation.

“C’mon Mooney, we know, just as well that you do, that she’s not fine,” Sirius stated, becoming serious for once.

Remus looked at his friends and went back to his book.

“Remus, she was crying before we came into the common room. Clearly she’s upset about something. And when you’re upset, you’re not fine.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Because we all know you have a thing for her,” Sirius smirked.

“I do not have a thing for her. Besides, even if I did, I can’t,” Remus mumbled.

“What was that?” James asked, leaning in towards Remus.

“I said I can’t have a thing for her. It’s not feasible.”

“English please,” Sirius asked.

“It’s not possible, Sirius. I can’t have a thing for Hermione. She’s off limits, all right? Besides, you won’t understand. Whatever is going on with her is only between her and Dumbledore. Now if you two don’t mind, I would like to get back to my book.”

“Remus, we wouldn’t be up here if it wasn’t important,” James said, running his hand through his messy hair. He was getting frustrated with his friend.

“Yes you would,” Remus answered, turning a page in the book.

“Okay we would, but what does Dumbledore have to do with anything?” James asked.

“More than you think,” Remus mumbled.

“Would you stop that?!” Sirius said, raising his voice.

Remus set down his book, swung his legs around and stood up from his bed. He walked over to James and Sirius. “You really do want me to talk to her, don’t you?” James nodded his answer. “Fine then. I’ll talk to her. But forget whatever is up in that head of yours James Potter. Because there is nothing going on between me and Hermione, never have and never will.” He made his way towards the door.

“Never say never Moony,” Sirius called after him. Remus just waved his hand behind him and walked out of the dormitory. “Do you think he will actually talk to her? Or is he just saying that to get us off his back?” Sirius asked.

“Both,” James smiled.

~¤~That Night~¤~


Hermione found herself curled up in a stuffed chair in the back of the library. She was reading ‘Romeo & Juliet’ with the light from the lantern she had suspended in the air by her side. She was about to get to the balcony scene when she heard footsteps in the room. Her head snapped up to see who was coming towards her. She wasn’t surprised when she found Remus standing in front of her with his arms crossed in front of his muscular chest.

“Isn’t it late to be out? Especially on a school night?” Remus asked coyly.

“Are you going to get me into trouble, Mr. Prefect?” Hermione said, sarcastically. She returned to her book.

‘She sure reminds me of someone when she does that,’ Remus thought. He took a chance to step closer to her. She had her legs tucked under as she sat there reading her book. He cocked his head to the right to read the title on the binding.

‘Romeo & Juliet’ by William Shakespeare?” Remus asked.

“Yes.”

“Good screen play.”

“Uh-huh.” She never lifted her eyes from the book.

“Wow, for an intelligent girl, you don’t talk like one,” Remus said sarcastically.

“And for as smart as you are, you would know when someone doesn’t want to talk,” Hermione said bitterly.

“Really? Didn’t seem like you didn’t want to talk,” he said, sitting on the arm of the chair.

“What? Double negatives don’t work well on me,” Hermione said with a quizzical look on her face.

“Finally out smarted?” Remus asked giving her a challenging but sweet smile.

“Would it make you feel better if I said yes?”

“No, but I bet if I was Sirius and you said that to him, he would.”

Hermione laughed. “He isn’t that thick, is he?”

“No. He just gets his pride bruised from time to time.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Hermione said, smiling and returning to her book. They sat in silence for a few minutes. Hermione felt his eyes on her every second, and finally shut her book and slowly turned to him. She met his warm eyes and he smiled.

“What?” she asked.

“Nothing,” he replied.

“Okay. Enough with the B.S. Why are you here? You didn’t come here to get me into trouble for breaking curfew,” Hermione said getting up from the chair. She turned to Remus with one hand on her hip and the other with the book in her hand. Remus stood up startled. He was afraid she was going to hit him that book, and ‘Romeo & Juliet’ wasn’t that small.

“I just wanted to...”

“...to see if I was okay?” Hermione finished for him. He turned his head away from her, slightly blushing. Hermione smiled. “Truth is, I’m not.” Remus slowly turned his head back to her. “I miss my old life, Remus. I miss it a lot,” Hermione said, her voice breaking.

Remus stepped forward and pulled her into him. He held her as she cried and he thought to himself, ‘Damn. Remember what happened the last time you did this?’
Chapter Six ~ Suspicious by GracieAnne
Chapter Six
Suspicious


“Suspicion,
Walks over to me.”

Rae Lefrenz “ “Suspicion”


Hermione pushed away from Remus wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. Remus looked at her confused on why she would pull away from him, when he was only trying to comfort her.

“Don’t give me that look,” Hermione said, hugging herself. She walked over to the bookshelf and leaned against it. She crossed her left leg in front of the right and gave a heavy sigh. “You know where this got us last time.”

“Hermione...”

“No Remus. You’re a nice guy, and really sweet. I just can’t hurt you like this. You know, as well as I, that I have to go back. And back there, it would be awkward with us.” She gave a weak smile. “Honestly, I wish I could be with you. You are the nicest guy that I have met here, and I really like, as a friend. Well, maybe more. No! Only as a friend, nothing more,” Hermione finished with her hands up to her face and taking deep breaths.

Remus was hurt by what she said. She admitted liking him, and he liked her also. But they both knew that it wasn’t possible for them to be together. It was against the rules. If they ever got together, who knows the happiness or torment it would cause in the future. Remus felt awkward standing there while she was crying softly in her hands. What was he suppose to do? If he walked over there to console her, things would happen that won’t be that good. Well, not well in the situation that they were in, but if they weren’t in it, he would go over there and hold her close. He sighed and ran his hand through his wavy, sandy colored hair. He sat back down on the chair’s arm and looked at Hermione.

Hermione took a ragged breath and brought her hands down from her face. She looked over at Remus. “Remus, I didn’t really mean what I said. It’s just that we both know that this can’t happen between us.” She motioned her hand to Remus then to her. She pushed off the bookshelf and walked towards Remus. She stood in front of him and took his hands in hers. “There’s just something about you that makes me feel...wonderful inside. It could be just the schoolgirl crush coming back, but...” she trailed off not able to figure out what to say.

“Schoolgirl crush?” Remus asked, looking up at her. And for once he witnessed the first true smile that she gave along with a blush.

“Yeah. You were the DADA teacher when I was in my third year,” Hermione said.

“And you had a crush on me?”

Hermione’s cheeks burned with embarrassment, looked away from him, and dropped his hands. “I was thirteen, and you were, well, older. It’s nonsense really. Not like that,” Hermione said, quickly adding the last part after seeing the hurt look on Remus’ face. “It was just, that, well, it was nonsense when I was thirteen. I mean, you were older than me then.”

“About a good 20 years older than you,” Remus whispered.

“You could say that.”

They stood there in silence. Hermione walked over to the window and stared at the majestic sky. It was cloudy, but the waxing gibbous moon shown brightly through two clouds.

“About four more days,” Hermione said, breaking the silence, hugging herself again.

Remus’ head snapped up looking at the window she was at. She was correct. The moon was waxing, almost to the full moon. He knew that she knew him in her time, and that he was what he was. But he didn’t understand why she talked freely about it, like it was civil. Twenty years couldn’t have change society’s feelings about his kind that much.

‘But yet, she said she had a crush on you. So maybe she understands. Also the fact that she kissed you before, and if she knew, she wouldn’t have trusted you,’ Remus thought.

He walked over towards her and put a hand on her shoulder. She jumped slightly at his warm touch. He meant well and was awfully kind to her.

“I should get back to the common room,” Hermione said. “It’s getting late, and I really don’t want to get into trouble.”

“I’ll walk you back, that way if Filch catches you I can cover you,” Remus said, grabbing her hand.

“Filch? Great, just to make my day even better,” Hermione said sarcastically but gave him a smile. “But thanks for the protection.”

Remus returned her smile. “Shall we go now?” He offered his elbow to her and she took it. Remus took a hold of the lantern that was suspended and blew it out. He sat it down on the floor and they started to walk out of the library.

~¤~The Next Day~¤~


Hermione heard the curtains being pulled back from her four-poster bed. She squinted and rolled over to her other side. “Go away,” Hermione grumbled. She hated being woke up.

“Not a morning person, are you?” Hermione heard Lily say.

“No,” Hermione griped. She pulled her comforter over her head, but Lily just pulled it back.

“I think you would if you weren’t out late,” Lily protested. “Dumbledore got your books for you since you didn’t get them.” She smiled at Hermione.

Hermione blinked her eyes, uncovered herself, swung her legs to the side of the bed and sat up. She rubbed her face with her hands and looked sleepily at Lily. “I had to think,” she replied.

“You came in with Remus,” another voice piped in. Hermione looked over where the voice came from. She saw a round face girl with strawberry blonde hair in a French twist. It was a young Alice Longbottom, pre-torture, pre-St. Mungo’s. A happy and healthy Mrs. Longbottom, but her maiden name was Prewett. Hermione couldn’t believe that Neville was related to Ron.

“He found me in the corridor and walked me back so I won’t get into any trouble,” Hermione said, getting out of bed. She didn’t feel like explaining what really happened last night. It was confusing for both her and Remus.

“Yeah only because he likes you,” Alice said, finishing her hair with the last bobby pin. “There it should stay.”

“Alice, you’re just jealous that Remus likes her,” Lily stated as she pulled her sweater vest over her head.

“That was five years ago, Evans. I’m with Frank now.”

“Doesn’t matter. You still want to be with Remus,” Lily said, looking at her strawberry blonde friend with a coy smile on her face.

“True, but I love Frank and Frank loves me,” Alice said thoughtfully.

Hermione laughed. It was just to funny to think that Neville’s father could have been Remus. But then, if he ever were, it would be even weirder for her to be back in this time.

“What’s so funny?” Alice inquired, a little anger was in her eyes.

“Nothing. It has nothing to do with you or Frank,” Hermione giggled as she took off her pajamas. She put on her bra, pulled on her blouse, and she buttoned it up. “Just the thought of Remus actually dating a girl.”

Alice’s face relaxed. “True. He never really did talk to any girl. Until you came along,” she said, smiling mischievously.

“You two were out until 2 a.m.!” Lily exclaimed.

“Never had any thought in that,” Hermione said as she pulled on her skirt, zipped it up, tucked in her blouse, and tied her gold and scarlet tie. “He’s a nice guy and very talkative, especially on Muggle authors.”

“Never thought you were the type to be a Muggle reader,” Alice said thoughtfully.

“I am Muggle born,” Hermione said, pulling on her knee-high socks.

“You too?” Lily asked.

“Yeah. Mom and Dad are both dentists,” Hermione said, putting her books in the backpack.

“Cool,” Alice said excitedly.

Hermione just shrugged, tied her shoes, and started to walk towards the door, when Lily called to her. “What are you gonna do with your hair?”

“Ponytail?”

“I don’t think so. Maybe a French braid. What do you think Alice?”

“A loose one with wisps of hair around her face,” Alice inserted her opinion. Lily took out her wand and waved it. Hermione felt her hair being braided.

“Thanks girls,” Hermione said sarcastically.

Lily and Alice just smiled at her. They grabbed their schoolbags and followed Hermione down the stairs.

“Lily, may I ask why you stay in our dormitory when you have you’re Head one?” Hermione posed as the three girls walked down the stairs.

“You try to share a bathroom and common room with Potter and his friends,” Lily answered. “Besides, I don’t trust Prewett with any of the roomies.”

"Evans, I haven't killed one yet," Alice exclaimed smiling.

The girls reached the bottom of the staircase and Hermione spotted Remus with James, Sirius, and Peter. She turned around and wanted to go back upstairs. She really didn't want to talk to him right at that moment, but Lily and Alice stopped her. “You have to face him sometime you know,” Lily whispered in her ear. Hermione turned around and took a deep breath. Her eyes met Remus’ and he smiled at her. She returned his smile with a weak one, and Remus frowned.

“Hey Evans, what did the new girl do to you to grab her arm?” Sirius asked. “Did she steal your grades?”

“Black, I have no time for you,” Lily said heatedly.

“Padfoot, leave her alone,” Remus stated. He looked into Hermione’s eyes, trying to tell her something.

“Moony, why don’t you ask her already,” James said, pushing Remus towards Hermione.

“Ask me what?” Hermione requested, interested what Remus would want to ask her since she last saw him early that morning.

“Nothing. It wasn’t my idea, Sirius wanted me to...” Remus trailed off, looking at the ground. Lily elbowed Alice in the arm and nodded her head towards Remus.

“Remus, what is it that he wanted you to ask her?” Alice asked, smiling.

“Nothing.”

“Liar.”

“Am not.”

“Are too,” James and Sirius said in unison. Peter’s head just went from person to person.

“Stop it,” Hermione said, throwing her hands in the air. Everyone looked at her. She grabbed Remus by the sleeve of his shirt and pulled him to a secluded area of the common room.

“What is it that he wanted you to ask me, Remus?” Hermione asked in a singsong voice, mocking Alice's question. She never mocked anyone, but Alice, it was just hard to resist. Remus laughed at her trying to be like Alice, a true laugh. Hermione smiled, happy that he was actually happy.

“It’s nothing really. He just wanted me to ask you if you would like to...”

“What? I couldn’t hear the last part,” Hermione asked. She leaned in more to hear him.

“To go to Hogsmead with me this weekend.”
Chapter Seven ~ She said yes by GracieAnne
Chapter Seven
She Said Yes


Hermione stumbled back a bit, with wide eyes and her mouth slightly open. The look on Remus’ face was of sadness and she must of have looked like she was disgusted with what he had said.

“I guess I shouldn’t have asked,” Remus said quietly. He ran his hand through his sandy hair.

“No,” Hermione said, stepping forward. “No. I’m glad you did.”

“No you’re not. The look on your face tells all,” he said, turning his back on her.

“I’m shocked!” Hermione yelled. Everybody in the common room looked in their direction. Sirius, Peter and James looking rather amused and Lily and Alice looked like they could be ghosts.

Hermione turned back to Remus. “You would be too if you were in a different time and your old professor just asked you on a date,” she responded in a harsh whisper. She couldn’t believe that he would actually think that she would be disgusted with him. After last night and the other times they were alone together.

“That doesn’t make a difference,” he said with a low voice, turning around to face her. He had a look of anger and hurt on his face.

“How does that not make a difference?” Hermione asked harshly.

“Everything,” he replied, giving her a cold look.

“Why are you looking at me like I’m the one that has done something wrong?” She looked horror-struck and felt wounded from his words. She couldn’t believe that he would look at her like that.

“Never mind,” he said, turning away from her. He started to walk towards his friends when Hermione grabbed his arm. “What are you doing?” he asked through clenched teeth and in a callous whisper.

“Never you mind. You’re coming with me,” Hermione huffed. She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the portrait hole. They got out into the corridor, and Hermione dropped his hand, finally realizing that she was holding it. Remus had a look on his face between confusion and anger. “There. We won’t be interrupted now.”

“Interrupt what?” Remus inquired.

Hermione bit her lip; she felt like she was going to regret what she was going to do. She stood up on her tiptoes and leaned into him. She softly pressed her lips against his, letting her eyes close. She felt Remus’ arms wrap around her waist and she found her hands on the back of his neck. Remus went to deepen the kiss but Hermione pulled away.

“What was that about?” he asked looking at her.

Hermione bit her lip, really not understanding her actions. She just shrugged and looked down at her feet, feeling humiliated for what she had done. Remus cupped his hand under her chin and tilted her head up so her eyes met his.

“Why?” he asked, curious about the kiss.

“I...I really...I really don’t know. You were making me...making me so...angry. I had to do something to actually listen to me,” she said, stuttering at some parts.

Remus smiled slightly. “So you weren’t disgusted with me?”

“No!” she said rather loudly. “I was just taken back and, well...” Remus’ lips pressed against hers, his arms wrapped around her waist once again, interrupted her, and she relaxed into his embrace. But a small voice in the back of her head made her come back to reality. Hermione reluctantly pushed away from Remus again.

“I can’t,” she said, softly. She placed her hands on his chest and rested her head on them. Remus rubbed her back, clearly not knowing what to say. “I’m sorry; I’m so confused.”

“No, it’s okay, really,” Remus soothingly said, “I understand.” Hermione lifted her head up and looked Remus in the eyes. He gave her a slight smile. “So, back to the question.”

“Question?”

“Yes, question. Would you like to go to Hogsmead with me this weekend?”

Hermione tilted her head back and smiled. “Yes,” she said happily. ‘I’m really going to have a date for once to Hogsmead, even if it’s Remus,’ Hermione thought to herself.

§§§§§§

“I wonder what’s going on out there?” Sirius asked, anxiously.

“Sirius, you sound like a two-year-old on Christmas Eve,” Lily sighed.

“Well, I want to know what’s going on with those two. I mean, they were out late last night, talking just fine, then they get mad at each other, she drags him out of the room. What do you want my mind to think?”

“We don’t want to know what your mind is thinking,” Alice griped. “Hey Frank!” She waved towards a tall boy with brown hair. “Guys I’m going to get going.”

“Sure thing, Ally,” Lily said.

“Yeah, have fun with Lover boy over there,” James joked. Alice swatted his arm. “What was that for?”

Alice ignored his question. “I’ll see you around Evans. Tell Hermione I’ll see her in Charms.”

“Sure. But where are you going to be?” Lily posed.

“If I told you, you would report me to McGonagall,” Alice answered with a smile.

“If I catch you two, I will. But what do you want me to tell Flitwick?”

“I was having terrible menstrual cramps and I couldn’t make it out of bed. You and I know he hates talking and hearing about the female body.”

“And neither do we,” Sirius and James said disgusted. Peter just nodded his head in agreement.

Lily and Alice rolled their eyes. “I’ll tell him. See you around Prewett. And guy’s, it’s not that bad.” Lily started to walk towards the portrait whole. “Better go see what Hermione and Lupin is up to.”

“Well, I think I should go too, since I’m Head Boy,” James stated, almost cocky.

Lily rolled her eyes. “Potter, you stay here. And don’t give me that face.” James pouted, acting hurt. “They don’t need your harassment.”

“Mooney loves my harassment,” James protested.

“But Hermione might not,” Lily declared over her shoulder.

§§§§§§

Remus and Hermione saw the portrait swing open and Lily walked out. “There you guys are. I was kind of worried that you guys were going to kill each other.”

“Naw, Lily. We’re all right. Just having an adult conversation,” Remus replied.

Lily smiled at Remus, then looked at Hermione and winked. “Well, for an adult conversation, I didn’t know it involved some, ahem, intimate connections. Remus, you got some lip gloss right here.” She wiped her bottom lip with her index finger. Remus slowly wiped his lip and Hermione and Lily laughed at his redden cheeks.

“Not funny, girls,” he said, slightly embarrassed.

“Lupin, just be glad that I wasn’t Potter. He would never let you live it down,” Lily acknowledged.

“That’s true.”

“So, what did you have to ask Hermione? It must have been a yes question otherwise there wouldn’t have been lip-gloss on your lip,” Lily asked, slightly interested with reason for her assumption.

“I asked her to...”

“What?”

“He asked me to go to Hogsmead with him,” Hermione answered for Remus. She was slightly self-conscious about it. She didn’t know why, but she felt her cheeks redden also.

“Really? And I take it that you said yes.”

“Yes.”

Lily smiled. “That’s good. You two can join Potter and I then.”

“Sounds great,” Remus smiled, but the smile faded. “Wait, you and James are going to Hogsmead? Together?”

“Well, yeah. I mean, we are the Heads, and well, it would be nice if we could show everyone that we do get along,” Lily said, a little uneasy by the direct question.

Hermione giggled. It was funny to see were Harry has gotten his uneasiness about relationships from. She remembered when she caught him and Ginny snogging in an empty classroom last year. Even if it was a happy memory, she felt a little sadden remembering. She forced the smile back onto her face.

Remus took a side glace at Hermione and caught her smile falter to a frown, but quickly put a smile back on.

“So are you guys heading down to the Great Hall?” Lily inquired.

Remus hesitated but then answered, “Naw, not right now. It’s only a Friday, and we are a little early. I thought maybe I could talk to Hermione for a bit.” Lily smiled and nodded that she understood. She knew what he meant by talking. “It’s not that, Lily. I swear you and James should just go out. You both think alike.”

“Remus John Lupin! I can’t believe you just suggested it!” Lily cried, slightly upset and slightly humiliated.

“Lily, why are you turning red, then?” Hermione snickered. Lily looked mortified by Hermione’s comment. “What? Lily, really, a tomato can’t turn any more red than you are right now. So why are you embarrassed?”

“I am not embarrassed,” Lily protested. She turned on her heel and walked down the corridor.

Hermione shook her head. “She likes him,” she thought out loud.

“James likes her, too,” Remus said. His voice behind her made her jump. “Jumpy, are we?” He put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to his side.

“Well, I’m not use to people talking in my ear,” she stated.

Remus laughed. “Well, I’m not use to people talking to themselves, or people not knowing what they want.”

“I do not talk to myself, and I know what I want,” Hermione said heatedly, stepping away from Remus. She faced him with a smile playing on her lips.

“Okay I believe the first thing you said. But the second one, I’m not in full belief.” He smiled at her waiting for her to retaliate verbally.

“You don’t think I know what I want?” Hermione asked, slightly amused by his questioning.

“No, I don’t think you do,” he smiled as he stepped closer to her. She looked up at him, and couldn’t help but smiled.

“If I didn’t know what I want, I wouldn’t have said yes to your question before,” she said, placing her hands on her hips, and giving him a mordant look.

“Well, that’s true,” Remus answered thoughtfully. “Want to go and get something to eat before everyone gets down to the Great Hall?”

“Why not,” Hermione shrugged. She linked her arm with Remus’ and they headed down to the Great Hall.

A/n: Thanks for all your guys’ reviews…means a lot to me to see if you guys actually enjoyed it! I am currently working on chapter 8
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2440