The Beginning by magic_quill
Summary: Here is my version of the story of the Marauders’ first meeting through their eyes. A brief background of the characters showing the family ties on the morning of September 1st. I hope you enjoy it. Chapter two is currently being written. (1,244 words)
Categories: Marauder Era Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 5340 Read: 6728 Published: 06/11/05 Updated: 11/17/05

1. Chapter 1: The Beginning by magic_quill

2. On Platform 9 3/4 by magic_quill

3. Welcome to Hogwarts -Part I- by magic_quill

Chapter 1: The Beginning by magic_quill
The Beginning-

Remus-

“Remus wake up, love, its almost time to leave. Its September first.” My eyes flutter opened. My heart lurches. Hogwarts! September 1st. I get out of bed and pull on my jeans and t-shirt. I’ll change into my school robes on the train. I cast a last look around to make sure I’m not forgetting anything.

“Remus?” “I’m up mum!” I run down the stairs pulling on my sneakers as I run. I come to the kitchen. My mum has her back to me at the moment, and my dad is reading the Daily Prophet. They both looked up at me as I enter the kitchen. “Well, here comes the wizard!” exclaims my mum happily.

Deep down I feel extremely uneasy. I was so lucky to be accepted, due to my…er…condition, but I don’t exactly want to leave home. My parents have been the only ones who support me in my current state…all my childhood friends abandoned me as soon as they found out the truth about me. How can I leave my home and my parent’s love and support and go to a place where people won’t accept me because of my condition?

Some of my doubt must have shown on my face, because my mum looked at me with her happy blue-grey eyes twinkling, “Don’t worry son,” she said, “everything will be great, trust me. Someday people will come to realize how great you really are, and they’ll know that blood isn’t everything…up until then…just let yourself shine Remus…let them all see how great you are.” She smiled at me. Mum always has a way of cheering me up, especially when I need it the most. How could I possibly survive without them?


Sirius-

I start pacing the floor. I am up before anyone else in this cursed house. My eyes scan around the dark stuffy room that I call my own. How I despise it. I used to be afraid of the dark shadows that ran across my walls. My parents never comforted my fears. I had to outgrow them on my own. I have no fear of them left. I am just filled with hatred. I hear movement down the hall; great my lovely family must be up.

After a few moments, I hear my parents walking down the hall. My brother is also up. He walks over to my locked door and almost pounds it in. “Get up Sirius, NOW!” Regelus yells. He has the nerve to think he can control me. I roll my eyes, sigh and leave the silent haven of my room.

I walk down the dark gloomy and neglected stairs, past the sinister looking portraits of my family members, and make my way through the hall into our murky dismal dinning room. My father is sitting at the table reading the morning post. My mum is talking about her plans for my brother, while my brother is merrily sitting at the table, looking proud and disgusting. I loose my appetite, as I look onto my family a feeling of dread on my heart.

I know it’s my fate to be like them, but I don’t want to. I am a rebel in a family of dark wizards. As I move to take my seat as far from them as I can, my mum finally looks up ate me. ‘So, you’re up, are you?” she says. “Yes,” I respond darkly. She looks at me with distaste on her face. “I don’t like your tone boy. Have you written to the Malfoy's and the Sanpe's. We have agreed that you are to sit with them on the train, and become friends…perhaps they’ll teach you what its like to be a Black.” She and my brother begin laughing as if they were suddenly hit with a laughing spell.

I get up disgusted. “I’m not hungry…if you care, I’ll be in my room.” “No you won’t,” says my mum, “You will get your things and come down here, I’m dropping you off early…darling Regulus, your father and I are headed off to Knockturn Alley to pick the cursed pearl necklace that was found in that old manor…it will go lovely with my collection of rare jewellery.” I roll my eyes…the faster I get away from here the better.


James-

“James, get up…I’ve called you twice already!” I slowly flicker open my eyes. I grab my glasses off the bedside table. And sit up. September 1st. Hogwarts! How could I forget? I throw on some clothes, and I run out the door, sliding down the banister to the kitchen.

My sister is standing at the foot of the stairs, her eyes filling with tears. “Good morning Julie, what’s up?” I say looking at her crying eyes. “Mum says I can, go to Hogwarts!” she responds. I groan internally. Julia has wanted to go to Hogwarts since she was three years old. “Julie,” I say “Don’t worry, you’re small, I could squeeze you into my trunk…” “JAMES!” my mum yells from the kitchen. “Just joking mum!” I yell back.

We all sit down to breakfast in our sun-drenched kitchen. My father walks in with something behind his back. “JOHN! No, we have spoken about thins…you can’t give it to him…” “Please, Alice, its a family tradition…I have to.” He pulls something out from behind his back. “James…here this is for you…its been in our family for a while now…it’s always passed onto the eldest Potter child when the go to Hogwarts, but I want you to share it with your sister.” He hands me a cloak that feels like water. My Jaw drops; its an Invisibility cloak. “Wow, thanks” my voice manages to say. My dad grins… “As the traditions goes; ‘Use it well’”. I am in shock. I am so excited, yet nervous…ready or not…Hogwarts here I come.

Lily-

My alarm cloak goes off. Lily pull yourself together; It’s only a dream. I think, but my heart is pounding. I was grown up, and I had a son…but someone killed me…what? Stop it, you’re just nervous. I manage to relax myself, and begin getting dressed. Hogwarts. I savour the word over and over. I look out of my window at the peaceful Muggle street. I look down at my mum’s herbal garden basking in the sunlight. Her ordinary Muggle plants with the occasional magical herb that she kept for our sicknesses.

My mum is a squib. She cried the day I got my letter. She was so happy for me, so proud. It took a bit for my dad to understand…he’s an ordinary Muggle, but he is proud too. I am a ball of nerves. With both my parents unable to do any magic, and a sister who has shown no magical ability, my parents weren’t all that sure that I would make it. Now, I have high expectations to uphold…I can’t possibly disappoint them. I love them too much.

After dressing, I head down to breakfast. My seventeen-year-old sister is at the table. She looks up at me angrily. Becoming a teenager my sister became more and more distant, unfortunately, we never were that close. We were actually miles apart. She likes different things. After I got my letter, we got even more distant. My parents get up and hug me. My sister doesn’t even get up. “We’ll leave as soon as you eat, love,” says my mum, “we have a long drive ahead of us.”
On Platform 9 3/4 by magic_quill
If I were JK Rowling, I would not write fan-fiction (the key word here being fan) I would be hard at work on the 7th Harry Potter book. I'm just borrowing her ideas (and adding my own) and just trying to make up my own history for her brilliant characters.

On Platform 9 ¾

-Remus-

I get out of the car, thoughts still whirling in my mind. My dad loads my large heavy school trunk onto a trolley, and together we walk through the barrier onto platform 9 3/4. The scarlet Hogwarts Express waits majestically on the track, steam billowing out of its smokestack.

Through the steam I can see hundreds of students preparing to board. It is mass confusion, with children saying their goodbyes to their parents, and owls hooting, cats meowing, and toads croaking. It is almost chaotic, but I absolutely love it.

As I look out at all the students, I can’t help but feel a bit jealous. There lives were perfect. They never knew what it was to suffer as I have. Friendless, alone, mocked and hated by the majority of the wizarding world, I don’t have much hope for a good future; my entire life is doomed to be tragic and unfair. As these thoughts fill my mind, I can hear myself thinking they may have led normal lives, but they each have their own cross to bear. Mine may be tougher now, but I am lucky to have my parents, to be loved. Holding my head a little higher, I kiss my parents goodbye and I board the train that will take me to my future.

Sirius-

I finally arrive at Kings Cross. The walk may have been short, but to me it felt like ages. Without walking me to the barrier, my mum turns to my brother and says. “Come Regulus, we’ll be off.” She gives me a look, daring me to argue. She had made it clear that she wouldn’t be helping me at all. As they walk away, she adds as an afterthought, “I will be receiving the letter informing me of your acceptance to Slytherin by tomorrow morning, or else…” It wasn’t a question…it was a command. I sigh and turn my back on them, and begin walking towards barriers nine and ten, unsure of how to get through.

“All alone are you Sirius-ly Un-Black.” The cold drawling voice hits me like a brick. I know whom it was speaking to me before I even bothered turning around. There stood Lucious Malfoy. Thin Blond, and with a sneer playing on his pale face, Malfoy had a look about him that reeked of trouble. At his side stood his partner in crime, the equally evil Severus Snape; also tall and thin, but with a hooked nose, dark greasy hair, and dark deadly eyes. It always troubled me how Malfoy would allow himself to befriend Snape. Of course, Malfoy is the rich snobby ‘handsome’ boy, but with fewer brain cells than a flobberworm; while Snape is the brains behind their group. They were just two of the many ideal Slytherin boys that my mother wanted me to befriend, but I shuddered at the thought. They never avoided the chance of taunting me. Blood traitor this, and Muggle-lover that. Oh how I despised them.

But now I was alone, with no help from my favourite cousin Andromeda. I decided to play it cool and not say anything. “Looks like the blood traitor need some help,” said Snape. “Like I would want any help from you two slimy gits,” I said my resolution of silence immediately broken. “We weren’t offering it to you,” said Snape quietly and dangerously. “I believe we have to teach this filthy Muggle-lover to respect his superiors,” said Malfoy, taking out his wand, and Snape following suit. I knew I had gone too far. Snape and Malfoy know more dark hexes than most students in their 7th year. I stand my ground, more bravely than I feel.

“What’s going on here?” We all turn to see a tall thin man with untidy black hair and glasses heading out way. Although he was dressed as a Muggle, it was easy to see that he was really a wizard. He was closely followed by his two children, both with black hair, and one pushing a trunk, and a woman; I took to be his wife. “You two, put your wands away, we are in a Muggle train station…you are currently breaking the law of wizarding secrecy…” “Why hello Potter,” came a drawling voice of Mr. Malfoy…the splitting image of his son. “Well, well, well, Malfoy senior…it’s easy to see your son is following in his father dark footsteps,” said Mr. Potter.

“Ah, the Potter insolence, glad to see that you are still as hard headed as you were in school,” said Malfoy with a sneer, “You filthy Muggle-loving fool. As soon as that fool Dumbledore got some power you headed straight for him. You have chosen the loosing side Potter. It’s a shame. We could have used your arrogant daring mind on our side.” “Silence you…this isn’t between you and I, this is because of the misdemeanour of your son and his friend-” “Of course all Gryffindors think of themselves as being so great, when in reality they are just big-headed show-offs-,” “-In a completely unprovoked attack in broad daylight in a public place swarming with Muggles,” continued Mr. Potter, speaking over Mr. Malfoy.

“I will not be told to, or even attempt to punish my son for doing the right things; especially by a blood-traitor like you. You have some nerves to stand there in Muggle clothing upholding laws of Muggle secrecy…” “Don’t you tell me how to do my job!” snapped Mr. Potter… “I will NOT stand aside and let innocent people be attacked because of your pure”blood prejudices.” At that last statement, Malfoy senior had begun taking out his wand, and was now pointing it at Mr. Potter. “Malfoy, if you so much as think of harming anyone with that wand, I will personally see to it that you get a term in Azkaban. I am sure that your old friend Alastor Moody would be more than willing to prepare you a private cell, for all your own private Muggle-torturing. Give me a reason, and I swear, I will.”

At Mr Potter’s last words, Malfoy seemed to gather his bearings. He put his wand away, and signalled to his son, and Snape, and they all headed through the barrier casting one last hatred-filled sneer to all of us.

James-

As soon as the Malfoys and Snape headed through the barrier, mum speaks. “JOHN, why can’t you mind your own business, picking fights with the likes of him…you could have gotten hurt, you forgot that we were here with you…” “Calm down Samantha,” responded Mr. Potter, “I wouldn’t let that filthy git hurt any of you…blood traitor…I’ll give him blood traitor…He’ll regret the day he ever heard the name Potter.” My mum finally notices the Black haired boy who was going to be cursed into oblivion if my father hadn’t intervened. “Oh you poor thing…are you alright?” said my mum, all anger forgotten. He nods. “Thank you Mr. Potter,” he said, sounding slightly shaken. “Not to worry,” dad says, “This is my son James…he will also be starting this year, and my daughter Julia.” “Hello,” he responds a bit more warmly, “I’m Sirius, Sirius Black.” “Nice to meet you,” my dad looks at Sirius curiously… “Black? Why would they be picking on you…you are from one of the honourable pureblood families?" “I am, but my parents have already marked me as a blood-traitor. I’m afraid I’m the white sheep in the Black family.” He grinned. “Don’t be afraid,” responds my father… “We could always use another blood-traitor.” My father is grinning too now. I can tell he likes Sirius. Maybe we’ll have some fun this year in Hogwarts after all.

“Oh Merlin! Look at the time; the train is going to leave. Hurry boys, we have better get you on the train if you intend on getting to Hogwarts at all this year,” says my mum. “Come here Sirius…you are going to have to step through the barriers between the platforms nine and ten. On the other side of the barrier you will be by the Hogwarts Express.” “Thanks” he says looking slightly relieved. I go first, shortly followed by Sirius, then my parents and Julia.

Sirius Julia and I look in awe at the magnificent Hogwarts Express. “Its amazing isn’t it?” says my dad, a grin on his face, “I’ll never forget my first ride to Hogwarts. You kids are going to love it there.” “But they never will get there if we don’t hurry,” says mum, the natural worry-wart. I said my goodbyes to my parents and sister, as Sirius stands awkwardly on the side. We both board the train and wave goodbye to my parents as the train starts up. I crane my head out the window taking my last glance at my crying sister, until the train turns a bend, and they are out of sight.

Sirius and I then turn our attention to finding an empty or at least semi-empty compartment. We quickly walk past a compartment full of children of the dark wizarding families. Sirius sighs sadly. “You know my mum expects me to be in that carriage right now?” said Sirius. “Are you going in then?” I ask. “Hell no,” he said. I grinned. “Although two of my cousins are in there,” he said with disgust. “Bellatrix and Narcissa. Narcissa is our age. Bella is a year older. My favourite cousin, Andromeda is three years ahead. She’s in Gryffindor. My mum and my aunt nearly had heart-attacks when they found out…It was wonderful. Of course now, they’ve disowned her. Treat her like scum. They say I’m following in her footsteps.” “Er…” I say, sounding slightly stupid. Sirius looks up at me grinning.

We finally found a compartment at the very end of the train. The only occupant was a boy with light brown hair. He was pale, skinny and peaky and looked as if he just had gotten over a sickness. My mum would be fussing over him right now I think to my self. “Hello!” said Sirius in a friendly voice, making the boy start. He had been staring out of the window lost in thought. “I’m Sirius, Sirius Black. This is James Potter. Do you mind if we join you? Everywhere else is full.” He nodded. I looked at him carefully. “Are you ok?” I asked. “Yes,” he muttered. “I’m Remus, Remus Lupin.” He stared at us, almost testing to see how we would react to this. It struck me as odd…it wasn’t as if he told us he was suffering a highly contagious disease or anything; it was just his name, and already he looked as if he feared rejection.

“Nice to meet you,” I said as warmly as I could. Sirius didn’t seem to notice as much. “Say, what house do you think you’ll be in?” he asked Remus. “I’m not sure,” said Remus. His words are measured, but he seems to be easing into the conversation. “My mum was in Ravenclaw, and my dad was in Gryffindor. Hopefully I will be in either house.” “Ah,” said Sirius. “I’m afraid I’m going to be in Slytherin.” “You don’t seem like a Slytherin to me,” I said, “You are far too friendly.” Remus looks at me. “What house do you think you’ll be in?” “Gryffindor,” I said promptly, “My whole family has been in Gryffindor for ages.”

Remus smiled, “It suits you,” he said. Sirius started laughing. He put an arm around Remus’s shoulders, and an arm around mine. “This looks like that start of a beautiful friendship!” he said. We all started laughing. At that, Remus’s silence was eased and we all began talking more freely. As time wore on, and the train speed steadily north, the scenery became wilder. I couldn’t help agree with Sirius’s statement…this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

-Lily-

I stared out of the window, as the scenery became more and more unkempt. My heart is fluttering. I can’t wait to see Hogwarts. I am currently sitting with my new-found friends, Alice, and Sophia. As the time of our arrival draws closer, we all become quieter, from nerves. As I sit, I begin thinking of the moment of my departure. My sister’s taunting still ringing in my ears.

Tears come to my eyes. “Is something wrong Lily?” asks Alice, her round face showing concern. “I’m just thinking about my sister,” I say sadly, “We never got along too well, I was too young for her. But now, what with her finding out I’m a witch, she freaked out, and has been making my life miserable.” “I guess that makes you a filthy mudblood,” said a sneering voice. I turn to look for the speaker. A thin blond haired boy stood in the doorway with a sneer playing on his face. “Just amazing isn’t it, another piece of filth in this year of Hogwarts.” “Get out;” said Sophia, “We don’t need an arrogant scum-bag like you picking on us.” “Easy there McMillan, I just came looking for the filthy blood traitor, Sirius Black. He brewed us some trouble, and we want to repay him, responded the boy. “Malfoy, we wouldn’t help you if you paid us, now GET OUT!” yelled Sophia, her face reddening.

Throwing me a last nasty look he left the compartment to continue his search for the boy names Black. “Don’t worry about him Lily,” said Alice calmly, while Sophia sat back down fuming. “HE IS SUCH A DIRTY GIT!” snapped Sophia. “What does mudblood mean?” I ask. I could tell it was something awful. “It means dirty blood. It’s a foul name for a muggle-born witch or wizard,” said Alice, “Some people feel that having ‘pure’ blood is everything. Those people, should not be mixed with…It’s an awful prejudice. Don’t let it bother you.” “Thanks,” I say weakly. I can tell that this year will definitely be interesting. But now, on top of the rest of my doubts, I will have to add this. Now, to top everything else off, I will have to start off with people’s prejudice. I sit back into my seat wondering if this is really the best choice in my life…am I ready? Then I let my own voice speak…yes, I am.
Welcome to Hogwarts -Part I- by magic_quill
Author’s Note: Again, sorry this took so long. I had to cut this chapter in half, because it is far too long. I hate cutting this scene the way I did, but as you will soon see, this is the only place to cut it. Part II will be up soon.

I do not own Harry Potter *tear* I am not JK Rowling *sniffle* I am a fan-fiction writer *sob* Why must you keep reminding me? *cries in corner*

-Sorting hat song is mine
-I made up some student names (in the sorting) off of the top of my head, they aren’t named after anyone I know, or as far as I know, any real person or fictional character…if there is any similarity of names with any real person, or copyright character (or any similarity with anything that has the same/similar name/s) it is a mere coincidence, completely unintentional, and can and will be changed if it is in anyway offensive, false or illegal. *Don’t hurt me!*……..but really, if you want me to change the names for any reason, just let me know…

Without further ado, Welcome to Hogwarts:


As the train travelled northwards, the scenery became wilder and wilder. Now, it is nearly pitch-black outside. We pull on our black Hogwarts robes without a sound. The train comes to a stop. James grabs his owl cage containing a brown crumpled looking barn-owl. He lets out a reprimanding hoot; apparently he isn’t used to being cooped up in a cage for so long. “Merlin, shh!” says James, looking pale and anxious.

Even Sirius looks worried, although he doesn’t try to show it. But I can tell that Sirius is filled with dread at the thought of being in Slytherin. I silently wish that we can all be in the same house, preferably Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

We squeeze our way out of the train onto a tiny dark platform. A loud gruff voice calls over the mulling crowd. “Firs’ years! Firs’ years over here!” A giant man stands, towering, over the sea of students on the small platform. He smiles warmly down at us. “C’mon, follow me fir’s years, follow me.” He holds a lantern high over all of our heads. I instantly sensed that he was a warm person despite his gruff voice and appearance. I feel connected to him somehow.

He leads us down a steep, narrow path. I can smell the trees on either side of us, and I wondered if the path was cutting through the famed Forbidden Forest. “Yeh’ll get yer firs’ sight o’Hogwarts in a sec,” calls the man over his shoulder, “here c’mon up front and see!”

There is a chorus of ooooh’s and aahs, as everyone catches their first glimpse of the Hogwarts castle. I look at James and Sirius, They both seem awed and enchanted, and Sirius has a far-away dreamy look on his face. I look out on the majestic castle, with its windows alight and blazing warmly and welcomingly.

A strong sense of awe overcomes me, I feel unworthy to be allowed to live in such a wonderful place. The giant man came to stand directly behind me. “Beautiful isn’ it? Yeh mus’ be Remus Lupin, I her’ ‘bout yeh.” I blink in surprise…oh no! “I’m Rubeus Hagrid, keeper o’keys and grounds o’Hogwarts. My friends call me Hagrid.” “Hello Hagrid,” I say nervously.

Hagrid leads us down onto a small dock, were there are a fleet of small boats ready to take us across the lake into Hogwarts. I get into a boat with Sirius, James and a small plump boy with mousy blond hair, and small watery eyes.



~



Brain not working at the moment…call back later!
Merlin, Merlin, Merlin, Merlin, Merlin! WOW! HOGWARTS!
I am so nervous. Damn my Slytherin family. I don’t want to be in Slytherin, especially after what happened today with Malfoy and Snape.

Err…right, so anyway, we got into the boats and headed across the lake to Hogwarts. I think back to the story Andromeda told me about the giant squid in the lake. I quickly share it with James and Remus and we all lean over the edge trying to see it.

The boy who got into the boat with us stares at us nervously. Remus smiles encouragingly. We get off of the boat and clamber out onto what appears to be a cave under the castle. We follow Hagrid up a flight of stairs into the entrance hall of the castle; all the while I am thinking…Hogwarts! Bloody Hogwarts, I made it!

A severe looking woman stands in the entrance. She introduces herself as Professor McGonagall, and leads us through a set of double doors, into the great hall. What a sight! The hall is illuminated by thousand of candles floating in mid-air.

At the end opposite us, a high table was set up for the professors. Sitting at the centre of the staff table, in a golden throne-like chair, was our headmaster, Professor Dumbledore. He rests his head peacefully on his hands, staring up at the ceiling. I follow his gaze, and gasp audibly. The great hall seems to have no ceiling; instead, it seems to open out onto the brilliant night sky.

Directly in front of the staff table, there is a three legged stool, on which sits an extremely tattered and frayed wizards hat. McGonagall brings us up to the hat, and everyone stares at it. A wide rip in front of the brim opened wide like a mouth, and the hat bursts into song:

Although I may be dirty ragged and torn,
For my appearance do not mourn,
Things are different from first sight
As I will prove to you tonight
Into your house I will sort you,
One by one and two by two:
Sorting songs for a thousand years, I’ve sang
To continue what the four founders began
You might belong in Gryffindor, the bravest of the four,
Like the mighty lion they are bold, and unafraid to roar.
You might belong in Ravenclaw if you are bright and wise,
For in Ravenclaw a brilliant mind is the most valuable prize.
You might belong in Hufflepuff, if you are friendly and sweet,
Hufflepuffs are patient and true, and very nice people to meet.
Or you might belong in Slyhterin, the crafty and the sly,
Shrewd, ambitious, pureblood, cunning and those who can lie
After time passed the four founders thought on,
How would the school continue when they were gone?
That’s why I am here, to sort students year after year.
I must quarter you lot, as is shown by this song,
But sometimes I wonder that dividing wrong.
You were all selected to learn magic here
I just wondering if this dividing will bring the end I fear
I may be rambling and you may think I am wrong
But I am just asking you to listen to the morals behind my song
Alas, wasting time is a sin,
So let the sorting begin.


We sit in silence for a split second, and then applause bursts forth from the hall. Professor McGonagall says “When I call your name, step forward, and place the sorting hat on your head, and you shall be sorted to your house”.

“Albertson, Alice,” a pale looking petite girl with dark brown pigtails steps forward, and places the hat on her head. “HUFFLEPUFF!” the hat calls. She runs over to join the Hufflepuff table which had erupted in applause.

“Black, Sirius”. My heart pounds, and feels as if it decided to move up into my throat. Malfoy and Snape snicker, and McGonagall throws them a dirty look.

With a great sense of dread, I walk forward like condemned prisoner walking to the gallows. I sit on the stool, and place the hat on my own head.

“Hmm, Black eh?” says the hat in my ear, “Not as black as your name, lad. Courageous, to the point of stupidity at times…” it snickers in my ear… “Rather bright, but not wise. Hufflepuff?…who am I kidding…you aren’t patient.” Please don’t put me in Slytherin, I think furiously. The hat snorts in my ear, “I wasn’t considering it,” replies the hat smartly… “I daresay your mum won’t be happy, but you definitely belong in… GRYFFINDOR!!”

I leap off the stool, my heart considerably lighter, unable to keep a smile off of my face. I look back at James and Remus, who are both happily applauding me. Malfoy’s and Snape’s jaws drop, the Gryffindor table applauds, and my cousin Andromeda is jumping up and down, arms flailing madly.

As I sit down, I look up at the Slytherin table…my other cousins are looking murderously at me. I grin haughtily at them, and then focus my attention on my friends who have yet to be sorted.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=24524