Lilly Green and the Deadly Duo by Lilly_Green
Summary: Wow, I don't really like my summary touched, thanks: Lilly Green is a regualr girl in for a shock when she goes out onto her family's lake with her father: HARRY POTTER BOOKS ARE REAL!! What an adventure she'll have when she arrives.....friends, mystery, and...a little love?
Categories: Historical Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 7687 Read: 17261 Published: 06/21/05 Updated: 03/26/06

1. The News by Lilly_Green

2. Diagon Alley by Lilly_Green

3. Andrea Sparks by Lilly_Green

4. The Ravenclaw by Lilly_Green

5. Herbology by Lilly_Green

6. Dropping Students by Lilly_Green

The News by Lilly_Green
Chapter One

The News

One fine morning, when you can feel joy and friendliness in the air, an 11-year-old girl awoke to see her gorgeous British countryside rolling and encircling her home. This girl’s name was Lilly Green. She had flaming, fiery red hair, and bright, emerald green eyes. Everyone had always said her name had matched her personality perfectly, for they all knew of her love for out-doors and wildlife. Lilly lived in her home country of England with her mother Joan, and father Daniel.

Lilly sprang up from her bed because she knew what day it was. Her father had promised to take her fishing on the beautiful lake of her family’s. Lilly’s father called it, “The Green Lilly Pad” for it was indeed a particularly greenish color, and Lilly wouldn’t want it to be called anything other than that. Also, her mother had promised to take her to a plant nursery to pick out a variety flowers for a new garden. Lilly’s parents of course knew that Lilly loved these things, so they decided to take her out before school started.

Lilly dashed down the stairs and found her father organizing his tackle box, and her mother putting on gardening gloves. This just made Lilly even more excited.

“Alright, Lilly, you’d best eat breakfast and get on your fishing clothes before we go,” said Daniel.

“Sure, Dad. I can’t wait!”

Lilly ran back up stairs and put on her special fishing jeans, vest, and hat. She had these clothes pre-arranged the night before out of suspense. She ran back down stairs and found a bagel and eggs waiting for her. She quickly gobbled it down and beamed at her parents. They smiled back at her. But then, Joan and Dan exchanged very worried looks. Lilly thought, Why on earth are they doing that for? But then their faces went back to smiling at Lilly when they noticed Lilly’s puzzled look. She thought something was definitely going on between her parents, but Lilly kept her thoughts to herself as she and her father left for the lake. On the way there, Lilly couldn’t keep her curiosity inside any longer.

“Dad, why did you and Mum look so worried after I ate breakfast?” Dan’s happy face melted. He definitely looked like he wanted to avoid something, but what?

“Well……um….Lilly, dear…….I’ll tell you later,” and that ended that discussion.

Once they had got to the lake, they got their private boat from the Green family’s private dock. They hopped inside the boat and went out to the middle of the lake. Lilly couldn’t help but smile. This was her most favorite spot in the entire world.

“See, Lilly? Isn’t this great?” Daniel asked.

“It’s lovely,” Lilly replied breathing in all the beauty.

The lake looked especially shimmery and luscious. The trees were even singing and towering over Lilly like a guardian. She loved it. After Dan and Lilly had each caught three fish, which took an hour, and after they laughed and talked and splashed each other, Daniel became serious, like he was at his office.

“Right, Lilly?” Lilly turned her head to her dad. “I need to tell you something.”

Lilly was half surprised at this because they were just having so much fun. But then again, she was expecting him to tell her why he and Lilly’s mother had looked so troubled this morning.

“Sure Dad. What is it?” said Lilly putting her fishing pole down. Dan did the same with his pole, and looked Lilly in the eyes.

“Lilly, I don’t know how to put this. Well, we Greens are…..well……different.” Lilly made a confused look. What was her father talking about?

“Well, of course Dad. Everyone is different…”

Dan interrupted his daughter. “No Lilly, you don’t get it. We’re really really different. Lilly, we’re magical.” Now Lilly was completely lost. She still didn’t have a clue of what her father was trying say.

“Magical? What am I, a unicorn?” Lilly said sarcastically. “Seriously Dad, are you alright?” Lilly could tell that her father was getting irritated.

“Lilly, you must understand this. It is vital for your future. Lilly dear, you’re a witch.”

Lilly nearly fell out of the boat. She started panting and the lake started to spin. What did her father just say?

She let out a choked, “W-what?” Daniel took her hand.

“Yes, Lilly, and I’m not insulting you. You are a real, magical, pure-blooded, witch!” This was happening way to fast for Lilly. She held her head and tried to take it all in. A witch? But that was only fake and imaginary, like in Harry Potter books.

“Dad, I think you’ve read way too many of J.K. Rowling’s series,” Said Lilly skeptically.

“No. Your mother and I have kept you watching and reading them so it wouldn’t be too much of a surprise once we told you. See Lilly, that Rowling lady was an old reporter for The Daily Prophet. She got fired and traveled to the future to expose the future of our world to the Muggles. Harry Potter doesn’t even exist. Yet.

“Fortunately, the public took it as a fictional series. We still fear that the Muggles will take over, so we try and keep the magic folk line going by marrying and sending the children to magic school.”

Daniel sighed and gave a relieved look. Lilly could tell that he was happy for himself that he alone delivered this breath-taking news to her.

“So, you and Mum planned this day, just to tell me this?” Lilly thought her father might have done this as a joke. How could it be possible?

“Yes. We thought that when we told you, you’d have time to let it set in before you get your Hogwarts letter tomorrow.”

Now Lilly was shocked. Tomorrow? This huge adventure would begin tomorrow?

“The owls deliver on Sundays because the regular post is here otherwise,” said Daniel. Lilly just grabbed her pole, casted her line and thought.

Is there a Voldemort? Is he even real? What about all the teachers and students, is it real? Now Lilly’s worries were overcome by a wave of excitement. Tomorrow would be one grand day.

*********************************

A/N: I just sent in the next chapter. I hope you'll like it! It's how Lilly shops for her stuff at Hogwarts and gets some other unusual stuff.............remember, ALWAYS REVIEW!!!!!
IT'S BEEN ACCEPTED! THE SECOND CHAPTER! I'M SOO HAPPY! REVIEW, THEN READ ON!
Diagon Alley by Lilly_Green
Chapter Two

Diagon Alley

When Lilly got through that spectacular Saturday, she wouldn’t have wanted it to go any differently. Joan and Lilly had a splendid time gardening and talking about Diagon Alley and Hogwarts. When Lilly finally went to sleep, all she could think about was the next day. It was like Christmas!

In the morning, Lilly hurriedly got ready and ran down to the kitchen. Her parents were there, but they looked like nothing Lilly had ever seen them. Joan and Dan were wearing long, velvet, cloaks. Dan’s cloak was forest green, and Joan’s was deep purple. Lilly smiled at this sight. Her parents even had long, brown sticks. Lilly immediately knew that these were their wands. They also had a piece of parchment which Lilly knew was her Hogwarts letter.

Lilly quickly ate some breakfast then ran into the car. Dan and Joan followed her, and then they drove for an hour up to London. Then, Daniel pulled into an old building’s parking lot. Lilly’s excitement was building more and more with each step.

When the Green family walked in it, appeared to be a bar. People in long robes and cloaks were eating, drinking, and talking.

“Lilly dear,” said Joan happily, “I give you, The Potion Room.” Lilly was fascinated. It looked a whole lot different then in the Harry Potter movies. It looked more alive and more magical.

Lilly’s parents led her to the back where they came across a big, brick wall. Now Lilly was really excited. She thought she’d burst with it.

Joan pulled out her wand out of somewhere in her cloak and tapped it in a few places on the brick wall and said to herself aloud, “I’m so happy to do this after so long.”

Then, the wall parted. Just like that. What welcomed Lilly was overwhelming. A sea of people and places greeted her yearning eyes. She knew this place was Diagon Alley.

It looked just like she had hoped, bustling with people trying to get their supplies for the school year. Daniel took out Lilly’s letter and glanced at it.

“Alright Lilly, let’s get your wand first so when we buy your books, you’ll understand them a bit more. But first, we go to Gringotts Wizard Bank.”

Lilly was a bit disappointed because she wanted to get her wand now, but that disappointed feeling soon departed as she enjoyed the ride in a cart down to her family’s coin vault with a goblin. Their vault was number one hundred sixty-six. Daniel handed the small goblin a golden key and the vault opened. Inside were Knuts, Sickles, and Galleons galore. Lilly recognized each coin from the many times that she had watched the Harry Potter movies. Lilly was happy that her family was pretty well off in this world. The Green family went inside the huge vault and they each got a small sack of each type of coin.

When they got back to Diagon Alley, the Greens went straight to Ollivander’s Wand Shop. Daniel and Joan knew how excited Lilly was to get her wand first because they too felt the same way their first time in Diagon Alley. Ollivander’s shop looked magnificent. It had mahogany wood walls and floors, and on top of mahogany shelves were millions of little black boxes which Lilly knew were many different wands. Even Lilly’s parents had to smile at this jolly sight.

Mr. Ollivander came out of the back where was writing something and greeted them. He recognized Daniel and Joan and said an extra special hello to them.

“Ah, and this must be the ever-popular Lilly. You look like you need a nine inch phoenix feather,” said Mr. Ollivander. He walked to the back and pulled out a box from a shelf and lifted out a smooth, black wand. Lilly was very excited. She picked it up and twirled it at the door. The door became a pig and started chewing on a desk leg! Lilly’s jaw dropped. She twirled the wand again at the pig and it became the door again. Joan shook her head and took the wand from Lilly and gave it back to Mr. Ollivander. He nodded, and then put it back into the box, then into its proper place on the shelf.

Then he walked over to the front of the room and pulled out a box from the bottom shelf. He walked back over to Lilly.

“Try a ten and a quarter inch willow, Ms. Lilly. I think you’ll find it quite swishy. Excellent for charm work.” Mr. Ollivander took out a plump, smooth, dark wand and handed it to Lilly. When her fingers touched the wand, a warm sensation flooded through her fingers, wrist and arm. Lilly gripped the wand tightly and turned to her parents and smiled. Daniel had one arm around Joan, and her head was leaning on his shoulder. They were smiling back at her with pride. Lilly turned to Mr. Ollivander, put the wand on his desk and nodded.

Then he said, “Good choice. I hope you shall be satisfied with it.” Then he put it back in its box and wrapped it light brown paper. Then, he tapped it with his wand and words in bright green ink appeared that read, ‘Ollivander’s Custom Wands, for Lilly’.

Then he winked at Lilly and said, “A little thought.” Lilly smiled and thanked him, then joined the swarming crowd outside.

The rest of the time at Diagon Alley was wonderful. Lilly got a male, gray cat with black stripes which she named Doan for her parents. The family had loads of fun getting Lilly’s books, cauldron, robes, cloak, and some fun magic things of Lilly’s choice. Lilly chose a miniature boggart, which she could practice spells on, and an indoor broomstick. As Lilly marveled over these things, she spotted an invisibility cloak. She quickly purchased it thinking of what mysterious things she could do with it.

All of these things took a lot of money, so they were left with just four Sickles, and two Knuts, which Joan and Daniel gave to Lilly.

“We have more in Gringotts, and this is for Hogwarts in case you need it. You can even get a few snacks on the train. Speaking of the train, we’d better get there before eleven o’clock,” Daniel glanced at his watch. “It’s nine thirty. We’d better get going.”

They went back through The Potion Room and into the car. They sped off to King’s Cross, than ran to Platforms nine and ten. Daniel grabbed a trolley for his nervous daughter and they had to wait a bit because there were a lot of other students trying to get through the brick pillar to the train. Lilly was all jumpy with nerves jostled with excitement. When it was the Green family’s turn to run through, Lilly and her parents ran to the barrier, anxious to see what awaited them.

***************************************************

A/N: FINALLY! My second chapter got approved! I'm so happy! It got rejected three times, but finally, it's here! Please review! The third chapter has just been sent. REVIEW!!!
Andrea Sparks by Lilly_Green
Chapter Three
Andrea Sparks


The Hogwarts Express was a working wonder; both to Lilly and all the other first-years on the platform gazing at the huge train. A sign on a pillar read, '93/4'. Lilly was both excited and nervous. What if I never meet anyone?, Lilly thought worriedly. However, she did not have time to think about it because her parents were rushing her onto the train. It was ten-to-eleven “ ten minutes before the train left for Hogwarts.

When Lilly had found an empty compartment with her parents, it was time to say a dreaded goodbye. Lilly stuffed her trunk under her seat and put Doan on top of the seat, then turned to her proud, beaming parents. Joan was on the verge of a waterfall of tears, before wrapping Lilly in a vigorous embrace.

"Lilly, I want you to know how proud I am of you, and how much we'll miss you," she sobbed. Joan withdrew from the hug before blanketing her nose with a handkerchief in which she blew her nose. Folding the lightly saturated cloth into her shoulder/hand bag, she knelt slightly to look Lilly in her eyes, advising, "Remember, we're only an owl away, and we'll write to you as much as we can. You be good and make a lot of friends, all right?"

Lilly smiled and hugged her mum again, separating quickly. "Yes, Mum, of course. I'll miss you, too."



Joan retreated to stand beside Daniel, who took the movement as his cue to say his own farewells.

"I really will miss you. Good luck at the Sorting Ceremony. Your mother was in Hufflepuff, and I was in Ravenclaw. Don't mess around with Slytherin, respect the Gryffindors, and pay attention in your lessons. I think you'll be the finest witch in all of Hogwarts," said Dan affectionately.

Lilly hugged him and said, "You needn't worry, Dad. I'm sure I'll have the time of my life!"

Dan smiled. "I'm sure you will, too. Make friends, dear, and we'll see you soon." He gave Lilly one more hug and so did Joan. Then they walked out of the compartment and off the train. When the train started to inch slowly out of the platform, Lilly rushed to the compartment window and quickly scanned the crowd for her parents. When she spotted them, she waved furiously and beamed. They did the same until they were no longer in sight.

Lilly sat down and pet Doan. If she did not make any friends, Doan would be her friend. Still, it would not be the same as a real one. Lilly thought she probably would meet someone in her dorm, maybe, or at a feast or lesson. Lilly had a bit of hope. She gazed out the window at the rolling mountains and hills and it reminded her of her own home. Then she thought of her new home, Hogwarts. How marvellous it must be! Something suddenly dawned on Lilly. I'd better get into my robes, she thought.

When she opened her trunk, she saw a rather thick square of parchment in the corner. Lilly picked it up curiously and read it. It said:

Dearest Lilly,

We are proud of you for going to Hogwarts, and we're sure you'll have fun and make friends, just like we did. To remember your adventures, we give you a Mamer: it's a special kind of camera that allows the pictures you to take to move if you brew it in the potion on the back of this letter. We wish you the best of luck at school.

With Love,
Mum and Dad


Lilly smiled. Dad must have slipped this inside my trunk when he got the trolley, thought Lilly. Then she glanced in her trunk and she saw that underneath where the note had been was a small metal square with a big black lens in front and a small button off to the side. It looked like a digital camera, but it said 'Fencee's Wizard Shots' on the back. Also, underneath the Mamera was a little picture of Joan and Dan eleven years ago, when Joan was still pregnant with Lilly. It moved, snow was falling, and Dan and Joan were waving at her. Lilly smiled and she felt her heart glow with happiness.

Lilly put it back in her trunk and put on her new robes. She thought she looked splendid in them. Then Lilly took out her wand, her copy of Standard Book of Spells: Grade One, and her miniature Boggart. She found the spell to ward off something frightening, and it was to say, 'riddikulus' to make it amusing. Lilly held out her wand and unlatched the chest that the Boggart was kept in and got prepared. Then, out of the chest came a bat the size of her fist.

Lilly was stunned. What was a bat doing in the Boggart's chest? Oh, now I remember! A Boggart turns into something you are afraid of, Lilly recalled.

"Riddikulus!" Lilly cried. With that, the bat's body turned into a bat-headed pig. Just as Lilly laughed and was about to wave the Boggart back in its chest, a rather heavyset, brown-haired, and brown-eyed girl slid open the compartment door.

"I'm sorry," she said. "All the other students were making fun of me. May I join you?"

Lilly felt a jolt of sympathy. How mean could these kids get? But then again, a bat-headed pig was waltzing around on the seat.

"Of course," said Lilly smiling at her. The girl sat down and saw the Boggart.

"Here, let me help you with that." And then, the pig disappeared into sparks and the chest's latches snapped shut and jumped into Lilly's trunk which closed itself. Lilly's eyes were wide open in amazement.

"How on earth did you do that? You are a first year, aren't you?"

"Yes, I just … er … learned it on my own." The girl said, stuttering. "I'm Andrea Sparks, pure-blood. You?"

"I'm Lilly Green," Lilly racked her brain for a moment, "and I'm pretty sure I'm a pure-blood."



Andrea looked relieved. She sighed. "Good, erm … I mean “ fine. Nice cat." She looked admiringly at Doan who lay comfortably on his back, a sign that he wanted a fuss from either of the girls.

"Thanks. His name is Doan, after my parents."



Andrea obliged Doan's needs by brushing the soft fur on his underside.



There was a knock at the compartment door and a jolly looking witch was wheeling around a cart of colourful sweets. Lilly went bug-eyed. Andrea looked at it as if it were grass.

Andrea bought Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, and a chocolate frog, whilst Lilly bought Pumpkin Juice, Fleeky's Gummy Amphibians, and Cotton Coco Balls. Lilly shovelled her purchases down bit-by-bit, savouring and enjoying every minute of its flavour. However, Andrea was sceptical. The wizard card in her chocolate frog container was Dumbledore, and when Andrea thought Lilly's back was turned, she took her wand, whispered something that lit the card on fire, and then threw it out of the window! Lilly did not really like this girl now, because she was acting so mean and mysterious. Nevertheless, Lilly quickly forgot, because the train had stopped.

********************************

A/N:
OOOOOOOOOO cool? I love it. The long awaited chapter................Anyway, things heat up quite a bit in th next chapter, so read on!
The Ravenclaw by Lilly_Green
Chapter Four

The Ravenclaw

It was beautiful. This huge, tall and gleaming Hogwarts was Lilly’s new home. Then all of the sudden, someone squeezed Lilly’s hand, hard. Lilly whipped around and saw Andrea Sparks beaming at her excitedly. They both squeezed each others hands tightly as they were loaded onto the boats to Hogwarts. Lilly didn’t even notice this because she was so thrilled about her new school.

It was enchanting. The huge, billowing, castle was luminous in the night as they made their way toward it. When they finally arrived in the Great Hall, after seeing a live tree, the room was warm and welcoming. Millions of cheerful faces greeted them along with the best face of all, Albus Dumbledore. Professor McDronagall, as it turns out her name is, was standing by a small, silver linked bracelet on a wooden stool. Lilly wondered where the Sorting Hat was, or even if there was one. “

Welcome to Hogwarts. When I call your name, come up here and put this bracelet on,” McDronagall said acknowledging the bracelet, “and it shall sort you.”

“So I guess Rowling added a bit of her own imagination into her books, eh?” Andrea whispered. Lilly knew she was talking about the Sorting Hat, so she nodded.

“James Johnson.”

A brown haired boy with glasses stepped up and put the bracelet on. It turned many colors and vibrated, and James winced a bit. Then it made a dinging noise. It sounded like what you hear when what you’ve been cooking in the microwave is done. Then the bracelet declared a house. It was Gryffindor.

A table with a scarlet tablecloth cheered and more kids went up to the stool when McDronagall finally said, “Lilly Green.”

Lilly got really nervous and sat on the stool. Lilly saw that she was shaking, madly. She thought the bracelet looked like and elegant, evening one, but she was very wrong. It pinched a bit and spinned on her wrist and turned mostly yellow and blue. Then it finally read, ‘Ravenclaw’.

Lilly was relieved that she wasn’t in Slytherin, but in her father’s old house. The Ravenclaws (a table with a sea blue tablecloth) cheered, madly. After three other people, Andrea was called.

She walked casually up and shoved the bracelet up her wrist. It took and oddly long time for Andrea until itread ‘Hufflepuff'. Lilly was mildly happy when Andrea walked over to the loud and cheering, yellow Hufflepuff table because Lilly thought that Andrea was a bit show-offy. Then, someone tapped Lilly on the shoulder.

It was a boy with wavy chestnut brown hair and gleaming, deep blue eyes that matched the tablecloth. Lilly didn’t want to yet, but she found herself mildly taken with this boy. When he smiled at her, Lilly could’ve melted. “I’m David James. Welcome to Ravenclaw! I’m a second year. If you’d like, I’ll show you around Hogwarts and get you to your classes. It’d be an honor to help someone as gorgeous as you. So, what d’ you say?” David beamed even more.

Lilly blushed scarlet. “Well David, if I said I fancy you a bit and accepted your offer, what would you say?” Lilly smiled at him.

Then he blushed. “I’d say I fancy you a bit too, and thank you.”

“Well, I’m Lilly Green.”

David winked at her. “Gorgeous name you’ve got.” Lilly was so happy that she had made a new friend.

Once the sorting ceremony was over, Lilly and David dug into the delicious food and talked just about everything. Lilly told David about her parents, her cat, her love for outdoors, and how she found out she was a witch. It turned out that David was also a pure-blood, was twelve, lived with his father since his mother passed away when he was small, and loved outdoors just as much as Lilly did. David told her that she’d love Herbology just like him. Lilly couldn’t agree more.

Once the feast was over, Lilly took a few jumping staircases and followed David up to the Ravenclaw dormitories. The password was ‘goblin ear’, and the entrance was a moving picture that was an African jungle. The giraffe could talk (David said it was bewitched) and let them all in. The common room looked a bit like the Gryffindor one in the movies, but it had differences, too. It had blue carpet that matched David’s eyes and silvery couches and armchairs. There were also several wizard chess boards aligned in the back. The room was very big with circular tables scattered around. There were also two giant, roaring fireplaces.

Dave (Lilly asked if she could call him ‘Dave’ and he chuckled and kindly accepted) showed Lilly where her dorm was. Dave’s was on the left, two flights up, and Lilly’s was on the right, one flight up. But first, before they went to bed, they played a game of wizard chess. Of course, Dave won. Lilly smiled, and so did he.

“I’ll teach you how to play a bit better later on.” Then Dave pulled out his wand and said, “Rendivour!” Then all of the broken chess pieces walked onto the board and put themselves back together. Lilly was stunned at this. Then, David and Lilly sat themselves down on a couch and stared into the blazing fire.

They talked more about their lives and each other and Hogwarts. Then, Dave asked to see Lilly’s mamera. He seemed quite interested in it, so Lilly accepted and ran up the staircase to her dorm to get it from her trunk. Up in her dorm, she found all of her things there by a blue and silver canopy bed, along with Doan curled up on silver, fluffy pillow.

Lilly sat down and stroked him a bit while he slept and thought about her new classes. She’d get her schedule tomorrow, and she couldn’t wait. Then Lilly snapped out of her thoughts, grabbed her mamera, cauldron, and potion list, and brought them down. Lilly found Dave waiting for her and she laid the items on the oak table in front of their couch. Dave helped her understand and brew the potion and told her where to get all the ingredients. He said he’d get them tomorrow for her while Lilly took the pictures tonight and tomorrow. When they got tired and were about to go up to their dorms, Dave quickly planted a small kiss on Lilly’s cheek then raced up to his dorm. Lilly went to sleep quite happy that night.

*****************************
A/N:
My computor is so dumb, it won't cooperate with the site! Once it behaves, chapter five will be on its way, but STAY TUNED!
Herbology by Lilly_Green
Chapter Five

Herbology

Lilly’s first night at Hogwarts was one she would never forget. Did Dave really kiss me last night? Wow......... She was shocked. After she woke up, got dressed, and headed down to the common room, Lilly saw her schedule posted by the portrait hole.
It read:


All 1st and 2nd year Ravenclaws are to follow this schedule for this year. Proceed to these classes at all times unless you have an excused absence from a teacher.

No exceptions.

History of Magic
Herbology
Potions
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Charms
Transfiguration



All elective classes are to begin after these mandatory lessons. Thank You.

Professor Mallory McDronagall
Deputy Headmistress


Lilly had woken up extra early to send an owl to her parents about the previous night. Although she thought she would probably get one today, she thought to send one was necessary. Lilly left the empty common room and took two bouncing staircases to get to the owlry.

It was a beautiful high-ceilinged room full of beautiful owls on many sticks and perches scattered all over the walls. No one else was there, so Lilly got to pick which ever owl she felt fitting. She scanned the ceiling and spotted a gorgeous, strong, brownish red owl, squabbling. Lilly could tell it wanted to leave and fly somewhere. There was a desk off to the side with five stacks of parchment, five quills, and three ink bottles. Lilly chose one of each and wrote:


Dear Mom and Dad,

Last night was amazing! I met a girl on the train, but she was a bit crotchety. I purchased some sweets on the train and really enjoyed them. They’re so much different than Muggle (I think that is what I thought I was before I knew I was a witch) candy! When I put on the Sorting Bracelet, which I was completely surprised at, it pinched me and spun on my wrist, and now I’m in Ravenclaw! I hope you had a good time in it, Dad! The girl on the train was put into Hufflepuff. I met a boy that’s really nice, and he even kissed me last night! I’m very happy here, and I hope all is well back home.

Love,
Lilly



Lilly rolled her message up and tied it to the owl’s leg and gave it instructions on where to go. Lilly watched it fly off into the sunrise.

“Aren’t you hungry?” said a voice behind her. Lilly whipped around and saw David smiling at her.

“Yes, I was just sending an owl to my family about the last night.” Dave nodded and hugged Lilly and took her hand. They walked together to the Great Hall and spoke about their classes new schedule on the way.

David said History of Magic was boring, and Lilly quite agreed after what he had said about it. They talked until the bell rang and on the way to class. History of Magic was interesting to Lilly, because she knew nothing of magic. She was intrigued with all of the goblin wars and troll attacks. But David was very right about Herbology, Lilly adored it! But it was with Hufflepuff, and Lilly saw Andrea. Andrea waved at Lilly, but Lilly tried to ignore her.

“Alright students, settle down now! I am Professor Spiggett, and today we are going to make wiggentree powder for Madam Pomfred, the school nurse, for a potion to cure colds. Now, I am going to pair you up before we begin.”

Lilly started inching toward Dave, who put his arm around her, but Andrea was quicker. She pushed and shoved her way towards Lilly and yanked her away from Dave. Unfortunately for Lilly, this happened just as Professor Spiggett came bustling her way.

“David! You’re with Peter Wyndom. Lilly! You’re with Andrea Sparks. James! You’re with…….” Professor Spiggett pointed at a boy across the room and sped over to him, making some students trip over her feet. Then Andrea smiled at Lilly and Lilly forced one. She silently groaned. What if Andrea is going to be snappy again? Lilly didn’t have time to worry about it because Professor Spiggett was handing out large baskets of green, bumpy bark and a small piece of parchment. Then she announced the instructions.

“You should all have one basket of wiggentree bark per pair, and a spell. You and your partner are to separate the pieces of bark in your basket between the two of you. Then, tap your wand to a piece of bark and say the spell on your scrap parchment. When you are finished, put you and your partners’ names on the basket of powder and bring it to me. You may start.”

Lilly grabbed the scrap of parchment with the spell on it and read it. It said: ‘Pidollve’. Soon, the room was full of students saying ‘Pidollve’, and little lights going off. Andrea snatched the paper from Lilly and read it.

“Pidollve? All of the spells I’ve learned seem like gibberish at first, but they’ve all worked for me.” Andrea dumped half of the pieces of bark on a table and picked one up. Then she pulled out her wand, tapped the bark and yelled, “Pidollve!” A light flickered out from the tip of her wand and onto the bark and the moment it went out, there was a pale green powder running all over Andrea’s fingers. Lilly was dazzled and did the same; accept hers turned out to be a gross, brown liquid. Lilly blushed embarrassedly, and Andrea chuckled.

“Here, let me help you perfect that,” and Andrea showed Lilly the proper gestures and pronunciation until Lilly had the same pale green powder all over her hands too.

When Andrea and Lilly had finished, they had had a grand time. They talked and laughed about all sorts of things. They even were still giggling when they turned it in.

“Marvelous! Nice work,” said Professor Spiggett. She took the basket then went over to someone who anxiously waving their hand. When Andrea and Lilly had just sat down to talk some more, the bell rang. It was lunch for Ravenclaw, but not for Hufflepuff. Andrea said a rather long good-bye to Lilly, then left. When Andrea was out of sight, Lilly headed over to where Dave and Peter were finishing making their powder. It looked like he had made a friend too, because he also said a lengthy good-bye to his partner.

“Made a friend too, eh?” said Lilly. She hugged him then kissed him on the cheek. David blushed and smiled, and so did Lilly. They walked together to lunch and spoke about the lesson. David was pleased, but a bit surprised to hear that Lilly had gotten along well with Andrea.

“So how was Peter?” Lilly asked.

“Well, he was downright jolly. He couldn’t get it at first, but I helped him and he eventually got better until the bark was a bit powdery. He likes out-doors too, you know?” David seemed happy to have found Peter.

They ate lunch outside and had a wonderful time naming each tree and laughing. Then Lilly realized that the next lesson was Potions. Lilly suddenly stopped laughing and thought. Potions? Is Snape real? What will happen? Will he hate me? David noticed Lilly’s worried look and sat her down under a tree and tried to calm her down.

“No, there is no Snape,” he said soothingly. “His name is Professor Schink. He’s a bit grouchy, but not as mean as Rowling makes him out to be. So you needn’t worry!” Dave hugged her and as they pulled apart, he kissed Lilly quickly on the lips. It was a magical moment that Lilly knew she would always remember. Then, the bell rang and they walked to potions together, feeling as light as air.
Dropping Students by Lilly_Green
Chapter Six

Dropping Students

The Potions classroom was in the dungeons, but wasn’t at all cold looking. The windows were wide open and the sun poured in and lit up the classroom. Professor Schink wasn’t mean at all, but just a bit impatient. He assigned a small dollop of work which David and Lilly quickly finished, then worked on the potion to make pictures move in their remaining time.

Lilly took shots of David and the classroom with her mamera, and David took shots of Lilly, the students, and Professor Schink, who wasn’t to keen on David taking his picture. Then Lilly and David brewed the potion and dipped the film in. They had to let it set for a bit, so they talked quietly.

“So, what did Rowling make up, and what is true?” asked Lilly. David looked at the table and thought.

“Well, there is an Alberto Dumbledolm, but no Albus Dumbledore, and the same situation with McDronagall, Spiggett, and Pomfred. Rowling was pretty thick to hold such a grudge, don’t y’ think?”

Lilly nodded. They had fun talking about all sorts of Hogwarts things and Rowling.

When the potion was complete, the photos looked positively splendid. David in the picture was winking and waving, and Lilly was also waving and laughing. Potions class soon ended and Dave led Lilly towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. When Lilly asked him who would be teaching, he said he had no idea (“The last one got mauled by a centaur when he was teaching us its weaknesses last year.”). When they entered the classroom, the teacher wasn’t even there, so Lilly and David sat down in the back and waited anxiously with all the other nervous students for the new teacher to make an entrance.

Finally, a short, fat man came in. He was bald at the top with little hair by his ears, and was very pudgy.

“Um……hello,” he said nervously glancing around. “I’m Mr. Streege. Today, you get to taste this drink and…..uh….tell me what you think it is.” Mr. Streege held up a bumpy bottle with a jet black liquid held inside it. Lilly made a face. She thought it looked like ink. She wondered why he wasn’t even called a ‘professor’. Then Mr. Streege began pouring out the ghastly liquid into individual goblets. He instructed everyone to get one. Lilly was very curious as to why he’d do this. All of the students were hesitant, because they thought the same thing as Lilly. They all thought it was just weird. But, they drank it anyway because they trusted Mr. Streege, but Lilly and Dave did not. David gave Lilly a serious look which she knew meant, do not drink this. Lilly nodded at Dave and they pretended to drink the awful looking liquid.

Lilly and David guessed all these wild potions, but they couldn’t guess what it was or even get a word out to the teacher because Mr. Streege kept laughing, madly. It was very peculiar. He sounded like a mad scientist, laughing over his Frankenstein. Then, all of the students started acting all drunk and dizzy-like. David and Lilly exchanged very puzzled and confused looks. Soon, all of the students with the exception of Lilly and David fell to the ground and started cringing and yelling all kinds of gibberish. Now Lilly and David were really confused. Then suddenly, Mr. Streege abruptly stopped laughing and looked skeptically at David and Lilly. His stare looked like they had just killed someone dear to him.

David and Lilly jumped when they saw Mr. Streege staring at them, then fell to the floor and pretended to cringe and yell like everyone else. Then Mr. Streege laughed maniacally even more. Then he noticed Lilly’s spilled cup, then saw Dave’s cup. It still had a bit of the poisonous drink in it. Lilly saw Mr. Streege eying the cup and a sly look was spreading across his face. Lilly got scared. Then, it happened. Mr. Streege picked up the cup and poured it all over David’s head! Lilly saw drops get into his mouth. Oh no, she thought. Dave had been poisoned! Then Mr. Streege jumped as if someone had scared him and ran out of the classroom and into the hall.

Lilly bolted up and tried to figure out what had poisoned everyone. After a short, hopeless search of the room and the screaming students, she ran to the hospital wing where she saw Madam Pomfred pouring a blue substance into a long glass bottle. Lilly ran over to her and told her what had happened. Madam Pomfred was so shocked that she dropped the bottle which shattered into pieces. Then she rushed over to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom with Lilly.

When Madam Pomfred saw the students writhing on the floor, including Lilly’s poor Dave, she quickly instructed Lilly, “You must inform the Headmaster about all of this immediately. Go to his office,” then she noticed Lilly’s petrified, stationary look. “Now!” Madam Pomfred cried. Lilly was startled, but nodded and ran into Dumbledolm’s office.

His office was gigantic. It had a 15ft door that led into a diamond shaped room where in the center was a desk and chair surrounded by many empty picture frames.

Lilly ran up to the desk and panted, “Professor Dumbledolm! My class has been……well…..knocked out because of something Mr. Streege gave them. Please come!” The chair spun around. Dumbledolm was very tall and thin and had a long white beard and green robes. He stood up.

“Thank you, Miss Green.” Then he passed by Lilly and went through the large door. Lilly was about to follow him when an announcement rang throughout the school. It was Professor McDronagall. “All students must report to their house common rooms immediately. All teachers report to the hospital wing at once. Thank you.” Lilly knew she should’ve obeyed, but she didn’t know anyone in Ravenclaw that could tell that she wasn’t there. Also, Lilly was dying to know what had happened, so she ran down to the hospital wing.

It was pretty easy to get there since there were hundreds of students flooding the halls. When Lilly peeked into the hospital wing, she saw all of her classmates, frozen and unconscious. Lilly was again, stunned. All the teachers but Mr. Streege were at the hospital wing, all looking extremely worried, especially Dumbledolm.

“Why on earth would Streege do such a thing?” asked McDronagall. Dumbledolm stared at her, mystified. Then all of the sudden, someone grabbed Lilly’s shoulder. Expecting to see Dave, Lilly smiled and turned around. Instead of Dave, it was a prefect. Lilly was saddened when she remembered that Dave was one of the unfortunate students lying before her in the hospital wing. The prefect had two, blue eyes, cold with authority.

“You need to go to your house common room, now.” They said. Lilly returned a cold stare back to him and walked towards the African painting. When she arrived in the common room, it was bustling with excitement and curiosity. Lilly could hear that they were happy to get out of class, but were also curious as to why.

Lilly didn’t feel happy in the slightest. All she had for a friend was Dave, and now that he wasn’t there, she had no one. Lilly decided to think about the Streege occurrence and went up to her dorm where it was quiet. She saw Doan playing with a mouse in a corner and picked him up and held him on her bed. Lilly stroked him gently. How could all of this happen, and in her first class! Lilly tried to think what had gotten into Streege. He could be Voldemort in disguise, but Lilly quickly dismissed this thought because she knew that Voldemort would do something much more drastic.

Just as Lilly was about to consider what else might have happened, a girl with extremely long blond hair and blue eyes stomped up the stairs into Lilly’s dorm and sat on the bed opposite her.

When she noticed Lilly staring at her, she went and sat on Lilly’s bed and said, “Hi, I’m Lana Breech. I was just at the owlry and someone said to give this to a girl who slept in my dorm and was the only one in it with bright red hair.” Lana handed Lilly a letter. Lilly quickly opened it, grateful for a distraction from her misery. It was a reply from her parents. It read:

Lilly,

Stay away from that boy, if you can’t be more than friends with him. We are happy you are in Ravenclaw. Make more friends, and have fun.

Best of Luck,
Mum and Dad

Lilly smiled at this then looked up at Lana. She smiled back.

“I can’t believe Streege. What could’ve gotten into him?” Lana asked. Lilly had a feeling that this girl would be somewhat talkative. Then Lilly and Lana dove into an interesting conversation about what had happened in their first Defense Against the Dark Arts class. They came up with the strange conclusion that Peter Pettigrew, a loyal, faithful, and active servant of Voldemort, had come to Hogwarts with him. Voldemort was somewhere, Lilly could feel it. She just had to get this news to Dumbldolm.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=25617