The Romance Number by Ruperts Lady
Summary: What is the Romance Number? Does Harry like Ginny? Does Ginny like Harry? And where does Dean Thomas come in the this? *Two Chapters Combined to make a Nice Long One-Shot*
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2267 Read: 1625 Published: 07/13/05 Updated: 07/26/05

1. The Tree House & The Wedding Day Flash Back by Ruperts Lady

The Tree House & The Wedding Day Flash Back by Ruperts Lady
The Romance Number


Disclamer: I am not JK (But if I was that would be soooo cool!)

Ginny’s POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Right now I'm sitting under a birch tree in my backyard. Mum let me bring our muggle telly outside because she doesn’t want anyone in the house while she cleans for Harry’s coming-of-age party. The only thing on that is even remotely interesting was a muggle soap opera. It’s about this one girl who found out that her fiancé is having an affair with her best friend. So she’s trying to get back at her. Like I even care! But then someone snuck up behind me.

“Watcha watching?” Asked a familiar voice.

“Ahh!! What are you doing here, Harry? You're not supposed to be here for another three days!!” I loudly replied.

“Well, the Dursey’s were being real obnoxious and Remus thought that since it was almost my birthday he came and got me.”

“Well Mum’s not going to be too happy that you’re here so early!” I said.

“I’m not staying in the house. There’s a tree house in the wood back there. Remus said I should learn how to rough it, for when I have to go look for Voldemort.”

Even though I heard Harry and a little bit of that name from Hermione I still flinch at it. I know I shouldn’t but I am still slightly traumatized from back in my first year. But, you know I’ll get over it. Anyway, I was surprised that Harry was even thinking about that, I mean Mum would just die if she found out that he was outside HERE!!

“I think Mum will be more upset if you sleep outside than if you’re here a few days early.” I said a little uneasily.

“I’m going to sleep there until the day after tomorrow then meet Remus and Tonks in the village and walk up here like I was at the Dursey’s the whole time. So this is going to be a secret, I’m not going to tell and neither are you. So I’m going to need to seal your lips for you.”

And before I could say anything else he had me in a lip-lock. And I mean a full on the mouth kiss!! I was in heaven, I’ve been dreaming of that kind of kiss from Harry since I was eight years old. Surprisingly my wildest dreams are just becoming true!

“Meet me at the tree house at eleven o’clock tonight.” Then he was gone.

“Danm.” I said under my breath and went back to watching my soaps.

*^-^*

That night at dinner I was all jumpy. When Bill mentioned his engagement with Fleur I practically jump out of my seat. Nearly everyone looked at me. I don’t know why I was so jumpy, maybe it was because I was sneaking out of my house near midnight to meet Harry in secret or maybe because I didn’t know what he planned to do or maybe it was both.

“Ginny dear, did you hear what Bill said?” Asked Mum.

“No sorry. What did you say Bill?” I said after being pulled out of my thoughts.

“I said that Fleur wanted to know if you wanted to be a bridesmaid?” He repeated.

“Oh sure, I’d love to!” I said, with a hint of distraction in my voice.

“Is something troubling you, sunshine?” Dad asked.

I almost told them about Harry but couldn’t bring myself to it. “It’s nothing Daddy.” I replied.

“Hey Bill,” said Fred, “Can George and me be in the wedding?”

Bill looked skeptical, “Yeah; you can be in the wedding when pigs fly!”

“Well then I guess we get to be in the wedding then!” Said George triumphantly. “Look outside.”

And sure enough a pig flew by the window. Everyone laughed, everyone expect Bill!

*^-^*

I was sitting on my bed watching my clock tick towards eleven when the thought not even to go crossed my mind. No, I thought, I can’t stand Harry up like that! So at eleven I headed towards the wood. I took me a while to find where I was going, but then I finally found it. Safely tucked in a nuke in a large willow tree.

“Harry? Are you up here?” I called.

“Nope, I’m down here.” Came a voice behind me.

“Ugh, Harry please stop sneaking up behind me!” I said after I almost had my wits scared out of me, AGAIN!

“Sorry can’t help myself,” he said, then a mischievous smile played a cross his face, “Come on the ladder’s over this way.” When we climbed up the rope ladder the inside was nothing I could imagine.

“Yeah you’re really roughing it Potter.” I said once I reached the platform. Inside there were two leather recliner chairs, carpeted floor, and on the table was a plate of tiddlywinks. (They are the most delicious food in the world. It combines all the flavors that will make you mouth cry for more. But it’s not a weird kind of combination!)

“OK, well I lied. Remus didn’t come and get me, I ran away and I’m not roughing it to train for Voldemort, well I’m not even roughing it! Ron told me about this tree house and actually Ron knows I’m here.” He said

“So...that kiss was just a ploy to get me here for who knows what reason!!” At that all my feelings for Harry were just totally turned off.

“No...No...Ginny, It’s not like that. I really like you; I just wanted to spend some time alone with you.” He pleaded.

“Well if what you say is true, that you love me, then I want some proof. Show me how much you love me!” I had him right where I wanted him. I, of course, knew he loved me; the kiss, how he lured me here. Boys are so predictable! And I’m am too smart for my own good!!

“Um...OK...I didn’t necessarily say I loved you but I’ll show you anyway.” And with that another kiss. (And one more trip to heaven. I must be some kind of medical miracle!) “Um...yeah...that’s good.” I answered.

“Well before I eat you up we better eat this feast!” And then on the table appeared a small feast, but more than I’d ever seen, except at Hogwarts.

“Oh my gosh Harry! It’s wonderful, how did you get this?” I asked

“My little secret.” He answered. “Let’s eat!”

We eat in silence for about a half an hour, “This is really good!” I said

“Thanks!” He said and continued eating.

Then after another thirty minutes of small talk, we ate everything, right down to the crumbs on the plate of tiddlywinks.

“How did you enjoy your feast, fair Ginny?” He said with a deep bow.

I laughed, “What’s with you? Did you barrow Hermione’s timeturner? Are we in the Middle Ages? I‘ve always wanted to meet Merlin!”

“You are so funny Ginny. Ha ha ha!” Harry answered sarcastically.

“It’s a gift!” I said while absentmindedly look at my watch, “Oh crap it’s almost one o’clock! I’d better get back into the house!”

“No it’s too late you better just stay here.” Harry said concerned. “I’ll get you back before four o'clock. OK?”

I thought it over, “Yeah I guess that would be fine.”

I needed someplace to sleep, even if it was for only three hours, so Harry used some sweet transfiguration on one of the leather chair. It turned into a small bed with two fluffy pillows and an oversized comforter.

“Sleep well my fair Ginny.” With that said he kissed my forehead and disappeared into another part of the tree house. I fell into a comfortable sleep with visions of a wedding featuring me as the bride and Harry as the groom!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Years Later. . . .


It’s Ginny Weasley. Well, in a couple of hours it will be Potter. Right now, as I’m about to tell you my next story, I’m sitting in my family’s bridle room, in my wedding robes (the purest white, whiter than a unicorn’s coat, trimmed in the most perfect gold.) Anyway, when the love of my life, Harry, was courting me we had a little problem with my ex-boyfriend, Dean. Here's what happened.

*^-^*

“Hey, Ginny!” Harry called after me as I walked down the Entrance Hall after the Start of Term feast. Harry was about to start his seventh, and final year at Hogwarts, and I was in my sixth year.

I turned around, my boyfriend was calling after me, “Oh hey, Harry! I had a really good summer! How about you?” I was talking about the day when me and Harry first became a couple.

Harry was about to ask me if I wanted to go to Hogsmeade at the end of the week, but then Dean walked up. “Hey honey how was your break?” He was obviously talking to me.

I cursed in my mind, I had forgotten about Dean completely.

“Oh, hi Dean. Yeah I had a good summer. How about you?” I replied trying to sound like I meant it although over the summer my feelings for him kind of bottomed out, because of obvious reasons.

“Oh it was great; my parents got tickets to a West Ham Game. They won, but I would have had a better time if you were there.” Then he started to kiss her, started at her lips and finishing at her neck. “Stop, Stop Dean!” I tried to say firmly but it tickled.

Harry, feeling uncomfortable, said “Um...well...I’ll just go up to the common room. Have a good night Ginny.” And then he walked away

“Ugh! Dean STOP!!” I practically yelled at him.


*^-^*

I felt so bad about what just happened. I tried to tell Dean that I was going out with Harry, but he wouldn’t listen. He kept saying that it only was because of summer, which was true, and that I just need some time to warm up to him. At that point I blew up at him, Harry happened to walk in at that point.

*^-^*

“Dean, just shut up and READ MY LIPS. I DO NOT LIKE YOU, SO LEAVE ME ALONE!” I screamed. Then Harry walked into the room. “Harry tell him that we’re going out, tell him!”

“I thought we were going out. But you conveniently forgot to tell me about Dean.” He said flatly.

“Oh my gosh Harry! I am going out with you! I’m trying to get Dean to believe me!” I yelled at him.

“Now I’m not sure I want to go out with a two-timing player.” He said, with the emphasis on player.

“Ugh!” I screamed and ran up the stairs. As I ran I bumped into Hermione.

“Hey Hermione.” I sniffled

“Ginny what’s wrong?” Hermione asked concerned.

I tried to wipe the tears from my face, “I think Harry just broke up with me!” And then I started to wail again.

“Shh shh Ginny. It was probably a mistake.” She answered soothingly.

“No it wasn’t, I forgot that Dean asked me out at the end of last year and that I said yes. So Harry though that I was playing him. But I wasn't, I don’t even like Dean anymore!” I cried through a steady stream of tears.

“What you need is a good night sleep. I’ll talk to Harry.”

“Thanks Hermione. Oh and could you see if Ron will beat Dean up?” I asked hopefully

Hermione laughed, “I’ll see what I can do.”


*^-^*

Hermione talked to Harry and straighten everything out. Our relationship went pretty smoothly after that except for a couple of times where Dean tried to steal me way again. But Harry took care of him! Harry proposed to me at the exact same time that Ron proposed to Hermione: three thirty-three in the afternoon, I think they planned it. Ron and Hermione got married only thee months after they graduated. And it’s been three years since the day Harry and me meet in the tree house.

Three seems to be the big number in romances. That’s how many kisses I got on the first night as Harry’s girlfriend. How many times Harry had to fight off Dean before he got the picture. And how many years I waited as Harry girlfriend then fiancé for my dream wedding.

That number is big for Ron and Hermione too! The time they waited after graduation. How many seconds it took for Hermione to say yes. And how many babies Hermione’s going in to have in three week.

Yep three is a good number!

~THE END~





A/N: Its Done!! I had to add the Second Chapter with the first to make it lond enough!!

A/N2: Just to let you know: all reviews are welcomed. You could tell me that you hate the story and you think I should never write again. (But I hope you wouldn't do that. It would make me sad!!). But I'd be glad for the review none the less!


Peace,
- R.L.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=27432