Banana Twins by Accio_Chocolate
Summary: Fred and George babysit for their nieces. Despite being warned not to let the girls test new products, Uncles Forge and Gred do it anyway. I recently added a new rule to what the twins can't do, if you can spot it, you win a prize, but you have to review first! Warning: There is KARAOKE! Set after the final battle, c. 2005.
Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 3262 Read: 5244 Published: 08/03/05 Updated: 04/06/06

1. Sleepovers by Accio_Chocolate

2. Hair Balls? by Accio_Chocolate

Sleepovers by Accio_Chocolate
Disclaimer: JKR owns the characters, I’m just sending them on an adventure into the future.




Sleepovers




A fire crackled merrily in a London flat. It was no ordinary flat, as it belonged to the biggest mischief makers of the time. Fred and George Weasley, proprietors of Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, were engulfed in a game of wizard’s chess. Identical looks of concentration would have made an outside observer think they were either deep in thought, plotting their next moves, or had just taken some U-No-Poo by mistake.

“Check!” cried George victoriously. He started to dance in celebration, but his ego quickly deflated at one word from his opponent.

“Checkmate.” Fred grinned cockily, and then said, “Too bad your chessmen couldn’t tell us apart. I bewitched them not to call out hints if they were going to be taken.”

“Cheater! No wonder I thought I was doing so well.” George seemed to take his brother’s trickery in stride. However, the cogs were already turning in his head, searching for a way to outsmart his twin.

Lights began to flash within the flat. Fred summoned a bewitched periscope to see who was about to enter their humble abode. Grinning in delight, he announced, “Our favorite people are here!” Running to the door, he opened it, and swept down into a bow.

“Uncle Fred! Uncle George! We missed you!” Two whirlwinds ran into the room, followed by their parents.

“Hello, brothers dearest.” Ginny walked towards them, her pregnant stomach leading the way.

Harry closed the door, and greeted his brothers-in-law, “Hi guys. We really appreciate you taking care of Lily and Molly while we are at St. Mungo’s. Mum would have taken them, but they begged to stay with their favorite uncles.”

Lily began tugging on George’s pants. She batted her eyelashes at him, and asked, “Unka George, where are your new tricks? You promised when we came you would have a surprise for us. Where is it?”

George scooped his niece up and began to tickle her. Fred followed suit with Molly, and the room rang with laughter.

“You had better not give them anything dangerous. After all, you are responsible for the girls for the next few days.” Ginny warned.

“Mommy, we’ll behave, we promise!” said Fred.

Molly, Lily, and George echoed him, and then smiled angelically at the parents.

“All right you lot. I know you are bound to get into some trouble, but after all the times you did it at Hogwarts, I’m sure you’ll be safe. Ginny, stop fretting, they’re going to be fine. Besides, your mum is only a floo away, and we’re going to be close by as well.” Harry grinned at the two sets of twins. “Now what are the rules?”

“Don’t go outside unless Uncle Fred or Uncle George is with us,” said Lily.

“Don’t answer the door without checking to see who is there first,” seconded Molly.

“Don’t give them anything dangerous to play with,” pitched in George.

“Don’t let them test any new products, even if they beg and plead,” added Fred.

"Don't put one hundred chocolate chips in anyone's mouth and dare them to sing the Hogwarts' school song," chorused the Weasley twins.

“And don’t forget to check in at least twice a day,” the group concluded.

Ginny straightened, and said, “Well, I’m glad you know the rules. I’m going to miss you girls very much. As for you two monkeys, you’re going to wish you had never agreed to this. Goodbye everyone!” Ginny and Harry disappeared with two pops.

“Let the games begin!” declared Fred.




Later that evening, Fred and George were beginning to wonder why they had agreed to watch Lily and Molly for a week. It was much different when you were the responsible adults than the doting uncles. Managing two three year old girls was quite a task, especially since they were covered head-to-toe in color changing ink.

“Ok girls, we need to clean you up before dinner. You might want to close your eyes for a minute.” Pointing his wand towards the miniature ink blotters, Fred did the incantation, “Scourgify!” Pink bubbles shot out of the tip of his wand, scrubbing the girls until they were pink-cheeked and spotless. Lily, with her red hair and green eyes, looked like she was ready to spit. Molly, with black hair and green eyes, had an identical expression on her face.

Plates of roast beef with potatoes and gravy appeared on the table. “Dig in!” Fred cheered.

Everyone tucked in, and the girls kept a running commentary up on how their uncles were eating their food. Lily exclaimed, “Look! Uncle George is making a mountain of potatoes!”

“Uncle Fred’s is a volcano!” Squealed Molly.

The girls began building their own mashed potato volcanoes. Soon, dinner was over, and banana splits appeared on the table.

“We made these banana splits special for out two favorite nieces,” declared George.

Molly and Lily began eating the ice cream treats, not noticing that their uncles hadn’t touched the ones sitting in front of them. All of the sudden, they burst into song.

Let me hear you say, this is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Again, this is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

“Sheer genius if I do say so myself,” laughed Fred.

“I agree most certainly,” responded George before spooning a few mouthfuls of his banana split into his mouth. He began singing in an off key voice.

Let me hear you say, this is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Again, this is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Lily and Molly giggled in delight.

“Crooning Custards. We’re still testing out the banana split flavor, but we’ve got the coconut cream pie that sings I’ve Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts, and the chocolate gateau that sings Crocodile Rock. I think we might have finally figured out the right charms for the banana split. What do you think George?” queried Fred.

“I think we’ve got it. Now who wants to play with some more new inventions?”

Lily stated matter-of-factly, “Unka George, Daddy said we couldn’t play with any new products.”

Fred smiled, “I didn’t hear him say products, I heard him say inventions. What did you hear Molly?”

“No, he said inventions. That means we aren’t breaking any rules!”

“That’s right. Tomorrow we are going to go to Diagon Alley to the store. We can take a look at all the new inventions then. I think it’s time for bed now.” George picked up the protesting girls and headed for the spare bedroom. He opened the door, and the girls gasped in delight. The room was a pale purple with baby pink trim. Two beds covered with pillows were against opposite walls, with a knotted rug in between. There were toys heaping out of a toy box, robes to play pretend in, and a chemistry set on the dresser. Dropping his nieces onto a bed, he snatched up a pillow and bellowed, “Pillow fight!”

Feathers were flying as everyone joined in the fray. Fred was charming pillows to hover over George’s head, then rip open, showering him with downy feathers. Molly was spinning in a circle, hitting anything that was in her way. Lily was giggling helplessly as she bounced on the bed, tossing pillows into the air.

George shouted, “Haven’t you ever had a pillow fight before? You are supposed to pick up a pillow and hit everyone else with it!”

Everyone else took his advice and began pelting him with pillows for criticizing their techniques. Soon the group was out of breath and red-faced. Taking seats around the room, they surveyed the room that was in chaos. Fred did a quick spell to return everything to its rightful place.

The girls finally settled down and went to sleep. Fred and George exited the room, exchanging looks of relief.

“How did Mum do it?” asked Fred.

“Well, Ginny was the only girl. Girls are worse than boys. Mum was lucky to only get stuck with one.” joked George.

“That must be it!” agreed Fred.




A/N: I had to pick an Elton John song! Don’t ask why, form your own opinion. This chapter is dedicated to my friend Kim, who is most definitely B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

A/N: The song lyrics to “Hollaback Girl” belong to Gwen Stefani. They were just appropriate to borrow (and edit) for my story, which sadly, I will not make any money on.

A/N: I was inspired to add the chocolate chip rule after eating almost that many myself, although sadly, I didn't sing the school song.
Hair Balls? by Accio_Chocolate
Hair Balls?




George opened the bathroom door early the next morning to an unexpected sight. There waiting for him were two sets of bright green eyes looking at him in curiosity.

“Look Lily! He has fur on his chest just like Daddy!” squealed Molly.

“No, Daddy’s fur is black. Uncle George’s fur is red,” Lily stuck out her tongue at her sister.

George’s mouth dropped open. He wasn’t used to an audience in the morning. But the banter gave him an idea.

“Eureka! A new product!” George exclaimed scooping up his nieces. “Hair Balls: guaranteed to grow hair on your chest. Just pop a furry gumball into your mouth, and presto!”

“I want a Hair Ball!” demanded Lily.

“Me too!” echoed Molly.

“Well, being that I just came up with the idea, thanks to you two, you’re just going to have to wait until I make some, won’t you?” George plunked down the twins and sauntered down the hallway. He paused momentarily to drum an earsplitting wake up call on Fred’s bedroom door. Handing the conjured drumsticks to the girls, he ran towards the kitchen, cackling.

Fred opened his door and peered into the hall, “Aha! I have caught the perpetrators! You can’t wake me up out of a sound sleep without consequences!”

The girls shrieked, dropped the drumsticks, and took off running. A merry chase ensued, ending only when Fred pinned them down and shouted, “Rictusempra!”

George walked into the room, fully clothed at last, carrying a tray of food. He released the girls from their giggle fest with a lazy flick of his wand. “Let’s eat breakfast so we can get to work. I want to start working on Hair Balls.”

“What are Hair Balls?” asked Fred.

George explained the idea the girls had given him. Fred immediately agreed, he liked the idea immensely. As George cleared the dishes Lily and Molly’s excitement began to grow at the prospect of going to work with their uncles.

“Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!” shouted Molly, throwing her hands up impatiently.

Fred laughed, “Well, if you want to go in your pajamas, that’s fine with me, but personally, I don’t think I want to wear mine to work.”

Lily and Molly dashed off to change their clothes.




An hour later the two sets of twins finally left the flat. Fred and George had never realized just how difficult it was to get two small girls ready to leave. Molly reappeared moments later wearing a purple sweater, green skirt, mismatched socks and rubber boots.

“Reminds me of a house-elf,” Fred had joked as he tried to tame the girl’s hair with a hairbrush.

“Dobby would be proud,” George agreed as Lily emerged from the bedroom. Lily was donned in jeans, a sundress and shoes on the wrong feet.

Fred and George could care less about the girls’ clothing, although George did fix Lily’s shoes. So the next step was the bathroom to brush their teeth. The men made a big mistake leaving the girls in the bathroom by themselves. Ten minutes later Fred entered to investigate and found a disaster area.

Apparently Molly had gotten toothpaste on her sweater. When she pulled the sweater off, the large glob of toothpaste had embedded itself in her hair. Of course the only solution in the three-year-olds’ eyes was to cut it out. So there Lily stood with scissors in one hand, and a large wad of Molly’s black hair in the other.

“What’s going on? George asked entering the crowded bathroom. “Oh dear,” he said half amused half frightened, “Ginny’s not going to be happy about this.

Fred tried reaffixing the cut hair with a charm, but to no avail. So the first stop in Diagon Alley was the barber shop.

The group flooed directly to the hair dresser down the street from the twins’ shop. The woman who ran the small business laughed heartily when Fred and George explained what had happened.

“Happens all the time, my dears!” The woman continued to tell Fred and George about the many small children she say regularly who tried to cut their own hair or a sibling’s. “Sometimes I get some who aren’t so young,” she teased with a wink.

The woman evened out the hair to a bob that came down to Lily’s chin, framing her face nicely. Fred and George thanked her heartily and handed over the appropriate coins.

“Here’s a tonic that will grow the hair back if her mother’s upset,” the woman said handing George a small bottle from a shelf behind the register. “But give it to her just before bed time. It works best when they’re asleep.”

George accepted the bottle and tucked it in his pocket with a bright smile. The woman interpreted the smile as gratitude and held the door open for the foursome. Fred on the other hand read the expression correctly. It was very likely this tonic would more likely find its way into the new Hair Balls experiment.

Stores were now open as Fred and George walked down Diagon Alley with the girls. Windows were filled with merchandise and brightly colored signs advertising sales. There was no store brighter or more wildly colored than Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes. The orange awning was currently flashing the purple logo. An assortment of joke items sat on display in the window. Including a Deluxe Relative Repeller, that was guaranteed to get rid of any unwanted family.

Magenta robes swirling, George performed a series of complex charms to unlock the front door, ending with a pirouette. When the door swung open, Molly and Lily dashed inside.

Number ninety-three had been magically expanded to house five floors. Three contained merchandise, the fourth floor a laboratory. The top floor was the original flat Fred and George lived in when they first opened the store over a decade ago. It was now used as a break room; although, periodically, Fred or George stayed the night to give the other a bit of privacy. There were two moving staircases, one going up and the other down. They were a constant source of fascination and entertainment to Arthur Weasley. It had taken nearly a year to enchant them to work properly; only after finally consulting with Professor Flitwick.

Everyone boarded the stairs and rode up to the fourth floor. Lily reached for the door handle to enter the laboratory, but Fred stopped her before she had opened the door.

“Do you solemnly swear you are up to no good?” asked Fred.

Lily put her hands on her hips, “I solemnly swear I am up to no good!”

Molly echoed her, sticking out her tongue.

Fred opened to door and ushered the girls inside. The silver countertops were barely visible, littered with gadgets and test products. The walls were pained a metallic purple and covered from ceiling to floor with shelves. A faint smell of gunpowder hung in the air, and a notice was pinned to the wall, warning of firework testing in progress.

George pulled the tonic the hair dresser had given to him out of his pocket and placed it on the countertop. He pulled down other ingredients adding to the cluttered counter as he started to discuss how he would make the Hair Balls.

The door opened once more and Lee Jordan walked in, carrying what looked like an enormous pair of socks, “Morning Fred, George. We’re going to have to put some more work into these, not quite ready for customers yet.” He paused, and sniffed the air, “Do I detect the aroma of little girls?”

Molly and Lily began giggling as Lee pounced on them.

“Just the ingredient I need to complete my potion! Little girls’ toes are perfect!” Lee scooped up both girls and began running towards a large cauldron that was bubbling merrily in the corner.

“Don’t forget to add the slug juice first!” Fred called after him.

George added, “Or the house-elf ear wax!”

Both girls shrieked and began squirming when they realized their uncles would not be helping them. The commotion was interrupted when the door to the laboratory suddenly swung open and hit the wall with a bang. “It’s time! Ginny is having the baby!” Verity dashed into the room and began hugging everyone within arms reach. Lily and Molly squealed in delight, and finally wiggled out of Lee’s grasp.

“We’re going to be big sisters!”




The waiting room was full at St. Mungo’s. The entire group of people was waiting for Ginny to give birth.

“What happened to Molly’s hair?!” exclaimed their grandmother the moment she saw the two sets of twins. While Fred and George took turns explaining what had happened the girls escaped from their uncles in an attempt to find their parents

Mrs. Weasley took over watching the girls from there on out. Only the anticipation of a new grandchild had prevented her from unleashing a full head of steam. It was bad enough that the girls had found the welcome witch and given her untested Weasley products; but she had been replaced with a surly looking wizard. Who looked anything but welcoming.

After a couple of hours, Arthur took Molly and Lily to the gift shop so they could buy a present for the baby. They returned shortly with a stuffed banana the girls had declared, “the bestest gift ever.”

Finally an exhausted but excited Harry entered the waiting room, grinning like a madman. He cleared his throat, “The newest Potter has arrived!”




A/N: Yes, I know this was a short chapter, but I wanted to update so the story didn’t get deleted. Hopefully the next chapter won’t take me 7 months to write! Big thanks to Amanda for all her help with this chapter! If you email me with a babysitting horror story, it might just happen, hint hint!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=29451