Love Can Make You Feel Stupid by VanillaScent
Summary: Ginny Weasley is smarter than you think. That's why she's tutoring a Slytherin a year ahead of her. Even if she's the smart one, when she wants a boyfriend and falls in love with a certain someone, love can make even a smart person feel stupid.
Categories: Draco/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3501 Read: 7245 Published: 11/19/04 Updated: 11/25/04

1. Chapter One by VanillaScent

2. Chapter 2 by VanillaScent

3. Chapter 3 by VanillaScent

Chapter One by VanillaScent
Chapter One // She's So Smart

Ginny Weasley, the youngest Weasley, the girl Weasley, stared at her reflection in the mirror. Skinny and pale with auburn curls for the day. She wasn't pleased with what she saw, but it was the best she could do to get a good look. She wore her newest hand-me-down robes that reached up to her ankles. There wasn't a particular event that she was dressing nice for. No, she just wanted to look nice. She wanted a boyfriend. That's why. Ginny wanted a boyfriend. Simple and true. . . a boyfriend. Her brother, Ron(ald) Welasey, would FREAK, but she couldn't help that he couldn't tell the difference between a five year old and a fifTEEN year old. He was just too blind.

Ginny sighed to herself and walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast. She knew she was early and didn't wait up for Dhyna, her best friend, but she had nothing better to do. If she waited in the common room, all Ron would do would be bugging her about why she looked so nice. 'Honestly,' she thought, grinning, 'he needs to grow up.'

She walked in, knowing she would find no one there. But she was wrong. There were a couple of girls from Gryfinndor and Ravenclaw, chattering away over the latest issue of a witch magazine called S.P.A.R.K (Special, Pretty, And Really Kewt- the magazine for any teen witches!). Those girls were hopeless. Didn't they know that the magazine was made for dense heads? Honestly. . .

The dense girls weren't the only people in the Great Hall. Ginny looked around at her surroundings. Davy Fretchers and his girlfriend, Danielle Engles were at their Hufflepuff table, staring at each other with goo-goo eyes. Ginny turned her gaze to somewhere else. Now, she was looking at something worse! Ester Ringles and her boyfriend Drew Matherson were making out! 'EW! EW! EW!' Ginny thought and changed her gaze once more. Soon, she sat down, trying to digest what she saw. She saw Ryan Pingles and Lory Young making out, along with five other couples. She also saw six couples making goo-goo eyes at each other- NOT including the Hufflepuffs. Everyone had seem to have a love interest these days! Even Hermione! The bookworm- er. . . not that Ginny didn't like Hermione. Hermione and Ron had FINALLY started getting the message that had been right in front of their noses for like. . . what? FOUR YEARS?!

Harry, on the the other hand, was going out with Cho Chang. Ginny didn't mind. She finally realized Harry was a brother, not a boyfriend, and understood it well. She was actually happy for the two. She was. . . really! The only part that sucked was, well. . . she had no one that loved her.

Ginny sat there, finally digesting everything she'd seen. She had been staring at her plate and hadn't noticed the ferret in front of her. She slowly brought her gaze up and blushed madly.

"Weasley," he stated.

"Er. . . Malfoy? What are you. . . doing? This is the Gryfinndor table," she said.

"It's not my fault that McGonagall ordered me to sit here. Is it?" Draco said.

"What? Why?" Ginny asked.

"Darn you, Weaslette. You have to tutor me in Transfiguration," said he.

"WHAT?!" Ginny shouted, grabbing a lot of couple's attention. She blushed again.

"You. Me. Learning. Library. After dinner. Don't eat slowly," he said and stalked off towards the Slytherin table.

Ginny groaned. This was horrible! What kind of guy liked a girl who stayed in the library all day long?! Well. . . maybe Ron, but he's her brother! She was doomed. 'So much for getting a boyfriend!' she thought and got up and turned around to go talk to the head of her house.

"Eeep!" Ginny squealed. Professor McGonagall was standing right in front of her.

"Miss Weasley. Come with me," she demanded and Ginny followed.

Professor McGonagall took Ginny along as she grabbed five other students, all from different houses. She was walking with Neville Longbottom, Maleen Neethed, Martin Harrison, Hermione Granger, and Danny Matson. Ginny wondered why Professor McGonagall was taking all the smart kids (in Ginny's opinion) along with her.

Finally, after walking for about five minutes, Professor McGonagall took the group of students into her Transfiguration classroom.

"Now. All of you must be wondering why I needed to take you out of breakfast. The reason is that some students here in Hogwarts are failing some classes. . . No one specifically at the moment. All of you here have major talent in Transfiguration, Muggle Studies, Herbology, or perhaps Potions, and I would like each one of you to tutor a student. If you do so take this offer, you will be awarded to participate in classes with the students a year ahead of you from now on. Now, anyone objecting to this offer?" Professor McGonagall explained.

No one but Martin Harrison stepped up.

"I. . . I do, Professor. I think I would. . . like to stay in my normal classes," Martin mumbled.

"Right then, Mr. Harrison. Anyone else?" Professor McGonagall looked around. "Good. Mr. Harrison, you may return to breakfast. All of you others participating in this offer, please come up to me when I call your name and I will tell you who you are assigned to tutor and when, where, and what. Come along, then Mr. Longbottom."

Neville looked around. He certainly looked nervous and went up to Professor McGonagall. Now Ginny knew what Malfoy was talking about and she groaned again.

"Neville, you'll be teaching Herbology to Mr. Ron Weasley," Professor McGonagall said and coninued talking to Neville as Hermione and Ginny stole glances at each other and let out muffled giggles.

"Miss Wealsey," the professor said.

Ginny stepped up, ready for the bad news.

"You'll be tutoring Mr. Malfoy. In the libraries, every Monday through Thursday, starting today. You're excellence in Transfigurations has earned you a spot in Transfigurations with the students a year ahead of you. Now, no objections?"

"Professor, I'm- er. . . Really looking forward to this, but isn't there another student who need help other than Mal- I mean Mr. Malfoy?" Ginny asked slowly.

"I'm afraid not, Miss Weasley. Perhaps you want to reject this offer?"

"No. . . No, ma'am. No. Thank you," Ginny muttered gloomily. This was the offer of a lifetime! How could she reject it! Besides, rejecting it would only convince Malfoy to tease her some more. She had to do this. . .

"You may go back to breakfast. Have a good day. You'll be receiving a new schedule soon enough at breakfast and you will start advanced Transfiguration with the sixth years tomorrow," Professor McGonagall stated. Ginny nodded glumly and walked out of the classroom.

'Great! Just peachy! Me tutoring a Malfoy. . . I'm gonna die!' Ginny thought to herself. 'Not to mention, NO BOYFRIEND! Me, boyfriend-less. That makes it worse!'
Chapter 2 by VanillaScent
AN: I've been told for some OOCness, but GOOD OOCness.... Yes... OOCnes... Good.... lmao ;)


CHAPTER TWO Enjoying Each Other's Company

Ginny walked into the library, ready to teach her riva- her brother's rival, Transfiguration. 'Who'd have thought? A student a year younger than Malfoy teaching HIM a subject he was failing.' At this thought, Ginny grinned. She could have fun with this. . .

She walked over to an empty table and set all her books down and sat down on a hard chair. She waited for Malfoy, wondering why he was the one eating so slowly. Five minutes passed. . . Ten. . . Fifteen. . . Then he was here.

"You're late, Ferret-Boy," she said, flipping through her Transfiguration book.

"No, you're early," he shot back.

"Whatever. Just sit already. Now. Why are you failing the easiest class on earth?" Ginny asked, grinning.

"What does that got to do with anything?" Draco snapped.

"Well, you see. It's like this. We find out your weakness and work on it. Do you get it?" Ginny asked mockingly.

"No, Malfoys don't have weaknesses. I'm only failing because I'm late for classes and because I can't transfigure living things into anything. That, Weasley, is not a weakness," Draco answered.

"Sure, whatever. Now, you're failing because you're late for class? How am I supposed to help prevent that?!" Ginny exclaimed. Draco shrugged.

"Aren't you supposed to be the smart one around here?!" exclaimed Draco.

"Yes, but. . . Fine, why are you late for classes?" Ginny asked.

"I dunno. Potions is in the dungeons and I have Potions before Transfigurations, I guess."

"Well, I can't help you with that, of course. That's your issue, Ferret- Boy. But, I can teach you how to transform animals or any living thing into pillows and teacups."

"Great. Just great," Draco replied sarcastically.

So, through an hour of tutoring in the library, Draco finally succeeded (after thirty-two tries) turning a small spider that was crawling up Ginny's book, into a nice button.

"Good. You've got it. Excellent, Malfoy!!!! Oh, I'm so proud of you!" Ginny exclaimed and hugged the Ferret-Boy. . . he hugged her back.

"Ginny!!! Get off him now!" Ron's voice yelled.

"Quiet down!" Madam Pince snapped.

Ron blushed as Ginny finally realized what she was doing.

"I'm so sorry!" she said.

"Er. . . It's fine. See you tomorrow, Red," he said, sort of stuttering and walked off.

Ginny shook her head mentally and followed a red Ronald Weasley out of the library and into the Gryffindor common room.

"Ginny! How did it go?" Hermione asked immediately.

"Okay. He finally got how to transform a spider into a button," Ginny answered.

"He didn't do anything to you, right?" Hermione asked.

Ginny shook her head. "How did it go for you? How'd Crabbe do?"

"Crabbe is so stupid! I can't help but say that! He has no clue what radios are! He just has a mind of a nymph I guess!" Hermione complained. "I bet he doesn't even know what a nymph is! Ron's stupid too! He's getting tutored by-"

"I hugged him," Ginny blurted.

"Who?" Dhyna asked coming down from the girls' dormitories.

"Malfoy." Ginny sighed. "He hugged me back. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but. . . It felt nice to be in his arms!" Ginny added dreamily.

"You should be glad Ron didn't hear that," Dhyna whispered.

......................................

The next day, after breakfast, Ginny headed off to advanced Transfigurations. She was glad to receive this offer - partly because it was limited and partly because she needed to see how Draco was doing. She walked into the chattery classroom and sat down next to Neville.

"Ginny!" Ron hissed. "Come sit here!"

Ginny rolled her eyes and took her stuff to sit between Ron and Hermione.

"Ron, I'm fifteen! Not fiv-"

"Good morning, class. Now, I hope you've been practicing how to transform a parrot into a quilt. We shall have a test over that lesson on Thursday," Professor McGonagall announced. At this, Ginny memorized this in her head so she could help Draco. "Now, today, like I promised, we'll be transforming small spider (at this, Ron squeaked) into buttons. You will each work with partners and each of you will be experimenting with ten spiders. Take some notes first and once everyone looks finished, we shall began. Now, parchments and quills. Notes, began." Professor McGonagall swished her wand at the black chalkboard and notes started forming in white chalk.

................

After twenty minutes of non-stop notes, Professor McGonagall told the students to pair up and once person to grab a bag of spiders for each of them.

"Ginny, you want to wor-" Hermione started.

"Hey, Weasley! Come here!" Draco shouted from across the room.

"Mr. Malfoy, don't shout!" Professor McGonagall scolded, making Draco roll his eyes.

"Just a second, Hermione," Ginny said and made her way over to the Slytherin.

"Yes, Ferret-Boy?" she asked.

"Partner?"

"What?!"

"Partners," he repeated simply, rolling his eyes again.

"Er. . . sure. Why not," Ginny answered, smiling weakly. "I'll be right back."

Ginny turned around and faced her brother.

"RON!" she exclaimed.

"Ginny, you're my partner," he growled.

"No. Go tell Hermione that I can't be her partner. Leave. Me. Alone. RONALD!" Ginny practically shouted. "Grow up, Ronald and spiders won't hurt you!"

"But Gin!" Ron started, blushing (Draco snickered).

"You should all have a partner by now. Begin," Professor said and Ron groaned.

'Ha!' Ginny thought, grinning.

"Just what are you so happy about? Being able to be the most handsome guy's partner that every girl's drooling over?" Draco stated.

"You wish!" she snapped, but inside, she was actually happy. . .

For the rest of the class period, Ginny managed to transform her ten small spiders into shiny, black buttons in approximately five minutes.

"That was fast, Red," Draco complimented, not showing his awe.

"Yes. Now, you better start. I expect you to be able to do it too," Ginny said.

He nodded. "No hugging, Weaslette," he said, smirking.

Ginny blushed bright red. "Shut up!" she mumbled.

Draco didn't hear this, but shut up anyways and muttered a simple spell to transform the first spider into a button. Unfortunately, he didn't succeed.

"Come on, Malfoy. Concentrate," she encouraged.

He nodded again and mumbled the spell again. . . It worked! Draco grinned.

"You smiled," Ginny said, smiling herself. "You actually smiled."

"Yeah. . . Er. . . I mean. . . So?"

Ginny giggled and encouraged Draco some more to transform nine more spiders into black buttons. After seven minutes exactly, lying beside Ginny's pile of black button, lay Draco's pile.

"Great job, Ferret!" she smiled.

The two pair sat down and Ginny played with the buttons. Draco looked around and laughed at the fact that Ron was cowering over the spiders and had transfigured none.

"What's so funny? Aren't you scared of anything?" Ginny asked, defending her brother.

Draco snickered again. "No."

Ginny snorted and Draco laughed harder. "What are you scared of, Red?"

"I'm scared that you'll die laughing at some stupid, lame snort," Ginny said.

"Hey!"

.....................................

"Now, you should all have transfigured the small spiders. We have exactly sixteen more minutes of class left. If you're finished, you may get another bag of spiders to practice on or read pages forty through forty-eight in your textbook. If you aren't finished, then please do hurry up. Yes, you Mr. Weasley," Professor McGonagall stated. Draco snickered some more.

"Shut up!" Ginny ordered. "Read your textbook, Ferret-Boy! No wonder you're failing!"

"No," he answered, still laughing.

Ginny rolled her eyes and giggled at the sight of Ron hiding behind Hermione's back.

"See. It's funny, Weasley," Draco said.

"Yeah. . . " Ginny agreed, giggling.

"Look at the two! They actually like each other's company!!!" Ron exclaimed.

"RON! Transfigure these, NOW!" Hermione ordered.

"Hermione! We have to stop the two! They're enjoying each other's-" Ron said.

"Company. You've been saying that for the last ten minutes! NOW! RON BILLIUS WEASLEY! Start transfiguring!" Hermione yelled, blushing.

"Great! They're laughing louder at my middle name. Thanks, Hermione!"

.....................................
End of Chapter Two. :)
Chapter 3 by VanillaScent
Chapter Three: My Friend the Not-So-Helpful

---------------

"And where do you think you're going, Ginny?" Ron asked suspiciously, as Ginny started walking out of the common room.

"Tutoring. Shouldn't you be on your way, too?" Ginny answered.

"Where are you going to tutor?" he asked.

"Library. Now, Ron, if you don't leave me alone, than I am going to make sure mum knows you're failing a subject," Ginny challenged.

"You wouldn't!" Ron growled.

"Watch. Me," Ginny said and walked off.

Ginny turned around and walked over to the library, happy for some odd reason. . . That she had Ron back off? No. . . Not exactly. . .

Ginny walked over to the table where she and Draco studied yesterday. Surprising, Mr. Ferret was already there, organized and ready to be tutored.

"Hmm. . . you're late! Are you too poor to buy a damn watch?" Draco snapped, mockingly.

"No! You're early and I am quite aware of the time, Malfoy," she said, grinning.

"Now, what are we doing today?" he asked lazily, leaning back on his chair.

Ginny put down her old Transfiguration textbook and sat down.

"Weasley, how can you read from such an ancient thing?!" Draco remarked, picking up the Transfigurations textbook from Ron (that was from Fred, that was from Percy).

Ignoring his insult, she took out a small feather from her bag and set it down. She also took out her wand and muttered a spell and the feather turned into a small parrot. It squawked and said, "Ginny! Ginny!" Draco started laughing at this.

"Oh! Would you let it go? You're gonna die laughing someday," Ginny said, rolling her eyes.

"The parrot. I don't get it. How in the bloody hell do we transfigure a hideous creature like that?!"

"You transfigure it with a wand, Malfoy. Seriously, I thought you were smarter than that!" Ginny exclaimed jokingly.

"Shut up. . . Now, I just can't seem to grasp that, Red. Explain and help. We have a quiz Thursday."

"Test. Now, come one. Up! UP!" Ginny had to pull Draco up out of his seat to get him to practice transfiguring the parrot.

----------------------

"I still can't get it, you know," Draco said, sitting down lazily in his chair.

"Well, duh! I see that! We'll practice tomorrow. If I'm in the common room five minutes later than Ron, I'm dead, " Ginny said and walked off.

"But aren't you my tutor? Or are you too stupid to know? Honestly, I thought you were going to help me, but it seems this time is your nappy time or something. All you do is sit your puny, poor little arse down and think or read. It's not like I wanna be here with filth in front of me!" he exclaimed. "I seriously think there was some misunderstanding and I think I should have been the tutor."

Ginny abruptly turned around and glared and walked back towards him. She pointed a finger at his chest and said, "You are the stupid one around here. You can't even transfigure a bloody parrot for Merlin's sake! And do you think I like being here with you?!"

"Well, you probably do, considering I am charming and gorgeous and sexy and han-"

"Yes, but you forgot that you are impolite and stupid and idiotic and. . . and. . ."

"Like I was saying. . . Handsome, attractive. . . " he just went on and on.

"The bleach has infected his brain," she mumbled and walked off, leaving Draco listing all kinds of compliments. 'Wait. . . did I just agree to him being sexy?!' she thought as eyes widened. '. . . Nah. . . Right?'

-----------------

"Ginny, you're five minutes late!" Ron yelled.

"No, Ron, you're early!" Ginny replied and walked up to the girls' dormitories. As soon as she reached upstairs, Ron heard a shrill shriek from her room.

Ginny sighed to herself and dressed into her blue, hand-me-down dressing gown that was a bit big for her. She sighed again and grabbed a book and sat on her bed.

'No way. That's Malfoy. This book is stupid!' Ginny thought. She had read the first couple of pages of her book to find out that the main character in the book looked exactly like her and had a major crush on what sounded like Draco. She set the book beside her lamp and yelled into her pillow.

There was nothing else to do so Ginny decided to set off to dreamland but was interrupted by her friend, Dhyna's squeal.

"Ginny! Ginny! Guess what!" Dhyna yelled.

"What? Ron's having a fit?" Ginny smirked.

"No. You know, you look a lot like Malfoy when you do that. . ." Dhyna said.

"Shut up. Now, you were saying," Ginny said sternly and annoyed.

"Well, Leo Markins from Ravenclaw asked me out! He came up to me and handed me a rose and asked me out! Just like that!!! We're going to Hogsmeade! You should come!" Dhyna squealed some more.

"Leo?! LEO?! You've had a crush on him for ages! Congratulations, Dhy! And sorry, I can't double date. No guy!" Ginny sighed.

"Oooh! I get to play. . . matchmaker!" Dhyna giggled.

"NO! NO WAY!" Ginny yelled.

"Yes way. . . or you can just find a date yourself. . ."

"Whatever. 'Night, Dhy," Ginny said and turned off the light, making darkness sink into the room.

"Get a date, Gin," Dhyna whispered and ignored the pillow Ginny threw at her face.
----------------------

AN: I hope you read and review. :)

Love-
Vanilla~
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2969