Ron's Gift by VanillaScent
Summary: It's Ginny Weasley's birthday and it's perfect. . . so it seems. She just knows something is missing, but she can't put her finger on it. Could it be because her brother, Ron, hasn't given her a present? Or is it that something- or someone- is missing?
Categories: Draco/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 771 Read: 2333 Published: 11/19/04 Updated: 11/19/04

1. Ron's Gift by VanillaScent

Ron's Gift by VanillaScent
AN: One shot. No more than one chapter. Enjoy.

Ron's Gift

It was stormy day, and everything felt gloomy and sad. . . Well, maybe except at the Weasley's Burrow.

It was Ginny's birthday. She was turning twenty and she was happy to be spending it with her family, but she knew something was missing. She could feel too. There was a big empty section in her heart. She reminded herself that everything was perfect. . . but she couldn't; because it wasn't.

"Ginny, we got you something special this year. Business at our joke shop's been brilliant. Excellent, really!" Fred Weasley said, handing Ginny a small box, wrapped in paper that featured Fred and George's faces.

Ginny smiled and chuckled to herself at the wrapping.

"Fred... George. You shouldn't have. You could've just gotten me some fake wands or something," Ginny said, smiling.

"Ha ha, Gin. Open it!" George exclaimed.

Ginny did as told. She gasped. Inside the small box was a small fairy charm. It was sparkling, even though it wasn't actually bright, and the wings fluttered once in a while. Ginny smiled. She had wanted this fairy charm ever since her sixth birthday, when she received a small silver chain from her mother.

"Oh, Fred! George! Thank you so much!" Ginny exclaimed. She set down the box with all her other presents- new robes from mum and dad, a bag of goods from Percy, a bag of some galleons form Bill, and a necklace with a dragon's tooth from Charlie.

"Anything for your twenty year old sister, Ron?" Mr. Welasey asked.

"Er-" Ron glanced at his watch. "No. . . Sorry, sis. Not yet."

Ron smiled as Mrs. Weasley said, "What did you order this time, Ronald? You remember what happened last time whe-"

"Yes, mum. I ordered a bunch of fake candy from Lee Jordan when I was six and ended up with a huge stomach ache," Ron said. "But, I didn't order anything this time!"

"Right then. Cake, Molly?" Mr. Weasley asked Mrs. Weasley.

"Yes, dear. Your favorite, Gin, honey! Chocolate frosting over chocolate bread with chocolate frogs!" Mrs. Weasley smiled and stood up.

Then, like it was planned, someone knocked on the door to the Burrow, loudly.

"I get it!" Ron yelled and stood up as fast as the speed of light.

Ginny and her family exchanged questioning glances as Ron ran off.

"You ready? You sure? You got everything?" Ron whispered.

"Ye- yes. Yes. And. . . yes," a male voice responded quietly.

"You're not doing this just because it's for her birthday, right?" Ron asked slowly.

"No... I'm doing it because. . .," there was pause, "I love her."

Ron quickly lead the rain soaked man into the Burrow.

He had pale blonde hair and was soaking wet form head to toe. His hair was drenched and his expensive robes were soaked. In his hand, which was a fist, held something tightly, and put it in his pocket.

Ron walked into the roon filled with the other Weasleys. As soon as he walked in, the chattering of his family stopped quickly.

"Gin, here's your present!" Ron said, grinning broadly.

The man walked in, still damp and wet as wet could be. Mr. and Mrs. Wealsey smiled. Fred and George snickered at the man's dmap robes and messed up hair, but smiled after. Ginny stopped breathing, right after her gasp.

"Ginny," the man, Draco Malfoy, whispered.

"draco," she said.

Ginny stoodup. Draco started walking towards her. She followed suit and walked towards him. Soon, they were standing right in front of each other. He held her hand in his.

"I- I missed you," he said softly.

"Me. . . me too," she replied.

He let go of her hand and got on one knee. Ginny's eyes got round and wide in shock.

"Ginevra Molly Weasley. . . I've missed you all my life. I need you and I know you need me. Your brothers have seperated us, but I'm still madly in love with you. So, Ginevra, will you marry me?" Draco said, loudly.

Ginny stared at Draco as he took out a velvet box from his robe pocket and opened it up. Inside it was a ring. It was silver with a ruby and an emerald next to each other in the center. The red representing Ginny, as the green represented Draco. Ginny looked over at her parents. They were smiling. Then at Fred and George. They looked disappointed, but happy for their small sister. Ginny smiled. They knew. . . They had. . . set it up. . .

"Yes."

[END]
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2971