Forever Yours by harry_potter_star
Summary:
sigh.
Okay. Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay


For all of you who wanted an update, I have a proposition. You may or may not like it, but it's all I can offer.
Check review challenge for the last chapter. details there!


James and Lily Potter were possibly the most famous parents in wizarding history. We know alot about their adult life, but what do we really know about their childhood? Even Harry never knew about the Drama, jealousy, danger, friendships, happiness, sadness, resentment,confusion and love that his parents went through as children. Here, their lives, from when the two of them were eleven to when they were brutally murdered at only 21, is recorded. Lily and James Potter were unsung heros. This is their story.


Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: No Word count: 40400 Read: 71208 Published: 08/29/05 Updated: 07/30/06

1. First Year: The beginning by harry_potter_star

2. The Accident? by harry_potter_star

3. Discoveries by harry_potter_star

4. Late night explorations by harry_potter_star

5. Trapped!! by harry_potter_star

6. Snowflakes by harry_potter_star

7. Christmas Day by harry_potter_star

8. The first Summer by harry_potter_star

9. Second Year: Everything's Changing by harry_potter_star

10. Mixed Feelings by harry_potter_star

11. Great Danger by harry_potter_star

12. Rescue Mission by harry_potter_star

13. Where There's Smoke, There's Fire... by harry_potter_star

14. Realizations by harry_potter_star

15. Emotions by harry_potter_star

16. Confrontations by harry_potter_star

17. The Second Summer by harry_potter_star

18. Discussions on the Train by harry_potter_star

19. Exclusion by harry_potter_star

20. Playing into Hands by harry_potter_star

First Year: The beginning by harry_potter_star
Forever Yours

By harry_potter_star




Disclaimer: Lets put it this way, anything or anyone you recognise, I didn't make up, J.K Rowling did. Everyone that causes you to go; "Who the heck is that?" I made up!!




Lily Evans sat on her bed, going over the items in her trunk. She spied her wand, and looked over it admiringly. This was going to be the most exciting year of her life. Imagine, being able to learn and do magic!



She was also very nervous. She had to spend a year away from home, leaving all of her friends behind!


And what about her new school? Everyone there would already know all about magic, and Lily wouldn’t fit in at all! What if she really couldn’t do magic after all, what if the school had made a mistake?


She forced herself to stop thinking about the what-ifs, and reached for something else to pack. Her hand groped thin air, and when she looked up, she saw that she had packed everything already.


She closed her trunk and looked at herself critically in the mirror. Her long auburn hair flowed way past her shoulders and almost reached her elbows.

She had no make up on; her mum wouldn’t let her until she turned thirteen. It didn’t matter anyway, at only eleven, she didn’t exactly have any wrinkles, and her brilliant green eyes lit up her whole face with colour.


She tried to pick up her trunk, but it was far too heavy. Lily sighed, and then looked up hopefully. "Petunia, could you please help me carry my trunk to the car?" she called out, timidly.

For as long as she could remember, she and her sister Petunia had been very good friends. That is, until The Letter arrived. The Letter which had informed her that she was a witch, and explained about Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The Letter that had earned Lily her parent’s undivided pride and attention, and at the same time, earned her Petunia’s jealousy and resentment.

An angry voice rang out from the room near hers. "What am I, your slave? Reality check sis, just because Mum and Dad worship you, doesn’t mean you can boss me around as well!"

Lily’s Mother stormed upstairs furiously and reprimanded Petunia, while her Father helped her to carry her trunk downstairs.

Shouts of, "It’s not my fault," and, "spoiled little brat," followed by outraged cries of, ‘you can’t ground me for a week!’ told Lily exactly how the conversation in Petunia’s room was going. Lily trudged over to the car and sat in the backseat.

Mr. and Mrs. Evans got in as well, soon followed by Petunia, who was slouching horribly and dragging her feet. She hadn’t even bothered to brush her shoulder length dark brown hair, and it was frizzed badly.


Lily fidgeted the whole car ride, and Petunia scowled at her. Lily ignored her sister; she was much too excited and nervous.


It wasn’t long before they had arrived at Kings Cross, and Mrs. Evans turned around to her youngest daughter. "What does your ticket say darling?" she asked.


Lily read her ticket, and then frowned in confusion. "Platform nine and three quarters." She read out.


"Where on Earth is that?" asked Mr. Evans. "We’ll ask a conductor," said Mrs. Evans, and they all walked up to the nearest one, Petunia groaning loudly.


"Excuse me, would you be so kind as to tell us where to find platform nine and three quarters?" asked Mrs. Evans politely. The conductor snorted.


"A bunch of nutters, the lot of ‘ya." He said rudely. "Gullible too. Madame, I do believe there’s been a mistake. Let me assure you, as I have assured many people so far, that there is not, and never has been, a platform nine and three quarters. If you ask me, this is all just some elaborate hoax sent in the mail. Sorry to take up your time."He said, shaking his head as he walked off.

Lily’s grey cat, Ambrocious, meowed impatiently. She wasn’t used to being cooped up in a cage for so long.


"Great!" said Petunia sarcastically, and Lily bit her lip, looking around hoping for something to show her where this seemingly non-existent platform was.


She saw a boy coming towards her, dragging a nervous looking girl by the wrist. The boy had dark hair and hazel eyes framed by a round pair of glasses, and a thin face. The girl had straight dark brown hair that reached her waist, and blue green eyes.

The boy walked up to Lily confidently, the girl close behind. "Hi, I’m James Potter, and this is my cousin, Jada Stile. Do you need any help?" asked the boy, kindly. Lily was rather taken aback by his outgoingness, but he seemed friendly enough.


"Well, yes, you see-" she started, but she was interrupted by a slim dark haired woman, who came marching up to them with her hands on her hips.


"James Potter, how many times do I have to tell- Oh never mind. Hello," she said, addressing the Evans family. Petunia was the only one who didn’t smile.


"Hello," replied Mrs. Evans. "I’m Rose Evans, and this is my husband Mark, and my daughters Petunia and Lily."


"I’m Sylvia Potter," said the woman. "I’m very sorry if this seems rude, but does the word Hogwarts mean anything to you?" she asked.


"Yes, it’s my new school," said Lily, shyly. "See mum!" said James.

"Yes, well, do you need any help getting onto the Platform?" Lily nodded. "Well, you simply have to walk into the wall that divides platforms nine and ten." Mrs. Potter said, casually.

"Walk into…?" Lily trailed off, disbelievingly. Jada, who had remained quiet until then, spoke up.

"It’s really very easy, I’ve done it before with my sister, Rhea. You can hold my hand if you want to." She said to Lily.

"Thanks," replied Lily, eying the barrier warily. Usually, she wouldn't agree to holding hands with someone, but the thought of walking through a solid wall didn't appeal at all to her.


"Can we please go now?" asked James impatiently. "Wait, will we be able to get through the barrier?" asked Mr. Evans.


"No, only Witches and Wizards can, you’ll have to say your goodbyes now," said Mrs. Potter, apologetically.


Lily hugged and kissed her parents, but only received a glare from her sister. James frowned. "You know, it really would have been more polite to say goodbye." He said to Petunia, and Jada nodded.


"James!" scolded Mrs. Potter, as she pushed him forward. "You three go first." She said to the kids, and Lily clasped Jada’s hand, and James stood on Lily’s other side.


Lily held her breath and walked forward. As she approached the wall, she closed her eyes and braced herself for the impact, but it never came. She opened her eyes, and smiled.


"Cool," breathed James from her other side, and the three kids moved forward, leaving some space for James’s Mum to follow.


Lily looked around at the bustling people, and at the enormous train with the words; 'Hogwarts Express' printed on its face.


"You’d better get a carriage dears," said Mrs. Potter, and the three kids jumped on the train. "Lets find a compartment," said Jada, and James bounced ahead to find one.


"Is he on a sugar high, or is he always like this?" asked Lily, jokingly. "He’s always like this," confirmed Jada.


James soon came back to them. "I’ve found a carriage with only one person in it," said James, and he ran ahead. The two girls followed him.


They soon entered a carriage with a dark haired boy in it. The boy smiled, and James grinned.


"Hi, I’m James Potter, and this is my cousin, Jada, and my friend, Lily," he said, indicating the girls.


"Hi, I’m Sirius Black" Jada drew in her breath, and James looked startled. He regained his composure quickly though. "Oh, hi, um, Sirius." He sat down next to Sirius and began to talk to him.


Jada and Lily sat across from them. Lily leaned over to Jada. "What was the matter with you and James before?" she whispered.

"Our parents say we’re not supposed to talk to the Blacks, they’re bad news. They’re easily the most stuck up purebloods ever," Jada whispered back, darkly.


"He seems nice enough," commented Lily, as Sirius let out a laugh. "Maybe he is, you can’t judge a book by its cover." Jada agreed.


Lily nodded, and then changed the subject. "So, what’s it like being able to do magic?" she asked, eagerly. "I wouldn’t know," replied Jada, truthfully. "You aren’t allowed to do magic until you’re 17."


Lily frowned. "That’s too bad, I was looking forward to making Petunia’s hair fall out!" she said, disappointed. Jada laughed.


Suddenly, the doorway burst open, and a boy entered. He was quite handsome, with light brown hair, and large eyes. "Do you mind if I sit in here?" asked the boy, awkwardly.


"Sure," said James, and he moved over to make space for the boy to sit down. "I’m Remus, Remus Lupin." The boy said.


Lily glanced out of the window, and saw that it had started raining hard. "Look outside," she remarked, as a flash of forked lightning lit up the dark sky.


"Cool, I love storms," said Sirius, and James nodded eagerly. Lily smiled weakly. "I’ve never really liked them," she admitted.


"Really? I think they’re beautiful," remarked Jada. "The thunder's the best," said Remus. "Definitely," said James and Sirius in unison, then they both laughed.


Lily looked closely at James, and noticed how his beautiful hazel eyes lit up when he laughed. James flicked his messy, dark hair out of his eyes, and glanced at Lily. Horrified at being caught staring at him, she quickly looked away.


She hadn’t felt this way about anyone for a year, not since Christian Tamberse. She had been absolutely smitten with him, but this was different, even more powerful.

Lily felt an overwhelming urge to be near James, to talk to him, as though something in the air around him were pulling her towards him like a magnet.


He sneaked another look at her, and Lily smiled. Lily glanced to her left at Jada, who was looking between the two of them, an interested look on her face.


"What do you think, Lily?" asked Remus. Lily looked up, startled. "Oh, me? I, um, agree with you."

Sirius snorted, and Remus laughed. James glared at them, fiercely.


"I said, which house do you think you’ll be in?" repeated Remus, patiently. Lily stared blankly.

"There are houses? I thought it was a castle." She said, confused.


"No, there are four houses, like groups, that people are sorted into. You have to take a test or something like that," said Jada.

"The names are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin," explained Sirius.


"Gryffindor’s for bravery, Ravenclaw’s for intelligence, Hufflepuff’s for Loyalty, and Slytherin’s for Selfish prats," said James, grinning.


"My whole family’s been in Slytherin," said Sirius, darkly.

James looked horrified. "Sorry, I …"

"It doesn’t matter," Sirius interrupted him. "I don’t like them much, anyway."

James looked at him, sympathetically.

*


The next few hours passed quickly, and it wasn’t long before they had arrived.

The kids rushed out of their compartment, and Lily bumped into a girl with shoulder length strawberry blonde hair. She had dark brown eyes, that didn’t look quite as friendly as the girl seemed to be.


"Hi, I’m Calista, and this is my twin sister Thaliana, and our friend, Roxanna." the girl said, as two other girls appeared by her side.


Thaliana looked exactly like her twin sister, though she seemed much nicer and more sincere when she smiled.


Roxanna wasn’t incredibly pretty, with a square face and unruly, flaming red hair, but her eyes made up for her appearance. They were a dark, rich blue with flecks of purple.


"Hi, I’m Lily, and this is Jada, Remus, Sirius and James."

Calista stared at James. "Hi," she said, not taking her eyes off of him.


James glanced at Sirius, who shrugged. The large group walked off of the train, and were instantly drenched with rain.

A voice rang out, amongst the commotion.
"Firs' years, over ‘ere.”

Lily looked up, to see a giant of a man, who towered over everyone else. "Cool," said Sirius, and they all ran over to the man, who was holding a lantern.


He led all the first years over to a lake, with a group of boats in it. In the distance, they could all make out a majestic castle, on top of a high hill. Hogwarts.


Lily climbed into a boat, and Jada sat on her right side. James climbed in on her other side, and Sirius and Remus sat in front of them, and turned around to talk to James.


Calista and Thaliana sat behind them, next to a rather unpleasant looking boy, with greasy black hair, and a sneer on his face. He scowled at James, who was laughing with Sirius, and splashing water onto him.


As the boats moved along the fierce waters of the lake, Lily grew quite sea sick. It wasn’t raining as much anymore, but the water still churned, and threw the boat around.

Jada buried her face in her hands, and Lily leaned over to comfort her, as the boat rose and dropped with the waters movements.


A cry of alarm to her right caused Lily to whip around to see what the matter was. James was nowhere to be seen.



thankyou very much to lilyevans91, lilyemraldevans, SexY_LydZ, Harry_potter_hunni_01 and Dawn Lionheart for reviewing!!! You guys are all sooo nice!!!

Also, thanks to Harry_potter_hunni_01 for pointing out about the speech marks, which I changed immedietly.


Please let me know what you think!!! Do I get a gold star? *looks hopeful* or....do I get a telling off for my disgraceful writing-if-you-can-call-that-writing?

PS I just want to ask everyone something. I always review the stories that I like, so does that mean that out of the 374 people that have read my story, only 4 like it???!!!!Please let me know if I'm wrong!!!

The Accident? by harry_potter_star

Disclaimer- I don't own anything Harry Potter. my name is not J.K Rowling, it never was, and unless I decide to change it by law, it never will be. Hope that clears a few things up.

Chapter 2 “ The Accident?
James talked with Sirius excitedly. He could see the castle in the distance, upon the dark hill. A thin haze seemed to hover about it, and the area around the castle was deathly still, compared to the heavy rain and churning waters of the lake. The ride in the rickety old boat was turning out better than he’d imagined. That pretty girl, Lily, was sitting next to him, and the lake’s wild waters were perfect for a boat ride. Sirius launched James into an in depth conversation about their favourite Quidditch teams, and James only barely noticed it when Sirius’s eyes widened. He did notice, however, the sudden weight on his back, and being thrown forward.

*

For James, what happened next happened too suddenly to describe. One minute he was talking to Sirius about his preferred brand of broomsticks, and the next, he was soaking, and freezing cold water was filling his mouth. James thrashed wildly in the inky black water, but the weight of his robes pulled him down into the unknown depths of the lake. The water was unseasonably cold, and James could tell that his body was becoming numb. His lungs were bursting, and is head was spinning dangerously, and he knew that he had to get to the surface soon. Aloud roaring filled his ears as he used all his strength to fight against the water. He could see the surface now. Just a few more seconds, he told himself. Finally, his head broke the surface of the water, and James gasped down some air. There were screams all around him, and several people were calling out his name. “Hel-'” he started to cry, but a strong wave of water washed over his head, wrenching him back underwater. It was then that James gave up the fight, and he felt a strange calmness wash over him. His whole body went limp, and he felt the darkness take over. All of a sudden, something grabbed onto his arm and began to pull him upwards. His other arm was grabbed onto as well.

_______________________________________________________________________

Lily watched in terror as Sirius and another boy hauled James onto the boat. He seemed only half-conscious, and Lily’s heart skipped a beat as he dropped to the ground, completely still. His eyes were closed, and his head was resting on his shoulder. Sirius and the boy pulled James up and into a sitting position with Remus’s help. James began to cough, and Lily let out a breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding. “James, are you alright?” asked Sirius, anxiously. James stopped coughing, and then he smiled, faintly. “Yeah, I’m fine,” he choked out. Jada made a strange, strangled sort of noise and threw her arms around her cousin in relief. “Jada, I’m OK!” hissed James, embarrassed. “What happened to you?” asked Lily, anxiously. James opened his mouth as if to say something, but Sirius cut in. “Nothing,'” he lied. “James just…lost his balance.”

Lily wasn’t sure, but she thought she saw Sirius shake his head slightly at James, as if warning him not to say anything. The boy Lily didn’t recognize smiled. “Well, as long as you’re alright now,” he chirped, brightly. “I’m Robert Goldstein,” he grinned, extending his hand. “James Potter,” said James, as he shook it. Robert had a perfectly sculpted face, with a straight nose, and almond shaped brown eyes. He had a very toned body with broad shoulders, and Lily knew that he would most probably be very popular in the years to come. “Oh James!” cried a voice behind Lily. Lily tuned around to see Calista climbing over the seats toward them. “Are you alright? What happened? This is terrible! Are you hurt a lot? Is there anything I can do?” Calista babbled, a panicky note to her voice. “I’m fine, really,” insisted James, shivering. Calista took off her cloak and wrapped it around James. “You must be freezing,” she cooed. She’s just trying to help James, Lily told herself. Then why do I want to rip her neck out? ________________________________________________________________________ The rest of the boat ride was uneventful for James. Calista sat next to him for the rest of the ride, having kicked Lily out of her seat. (Much to James’s dismay.) When they all arrived at the castle, James was immediately rushed to the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey, a pretty, middle-aged woman, began to fuss about him fretfully the second he arrived in the Hospital Wing. “Insisting children ride in boats in this weather,” she muttered angrily. “I'll show him tradition… could have drowned… you’ve probably set the record for earliest visit to the Hospital Wing, young man… here, have some chocolate,” she said, handing James a large slab of chocolate. James took it, but he didn’t eat it. “Will I miss the sorting?” he asked, worriedly. Madame Pomfrey rolled her eyes. “Not if you hurry up and eat that,” she said, sharply. “Though whyyou’re worrying about that after such a traumatic experience I’ll never know… it must be the shock…You’ll be having memory relapses of this until you’re forty… it wouldn’t be the first time…” James just stared at her as she bustled around, muttering to herself, then he wolfed down his chocolate. “Can I please go now?” he demanded, impatiently. “Yes, yes, off you go then,” James jumped up and sprinted down the stairs. When he entered the Great Hall, no one noticed him. They were all staring at a girl, who was sitting on a stool, wearing a large, tattered hat that engulfed her entire head.

James crept down to join the group of nervous first years, who stood, huddled together, nervously. He stood next to a plump boy with watery eyes, who smiled at him. James looked up at the hat, whose brim opened, and it spoke clearly. “HUFFLEPUFF!” James jumped, but no one else looked surprised.

The girl skipped down to join one of the four tables that sat in the hall. A tall, thin woman with small glasses that rested on her nose, and grayish hair that was tied up in a bun, read out a name off of a scroll of paper. “Pettigrew, Peter.” The boy next to James began to tremble, and he walked over to the stool. The woman placed the hat on his head. The hat stood still for a long, then it opened its brim (mouth?) and cried; “GRYFFINDOR!” There was some polite applause. “Potter, James,” the woman read out, and James swallowed. Was there anything that he was supposed to do while the hat was on his head? He tried to remember all of the spells he had learnt, but his mind went blank. He numbly walked up to the stool and gingerly sat down. The hat was placed on his head, and he suddenly saw nothing but blackness. A voice was in his ear, suddenly. “Hmm, James Potter. I have a good feeling about you. You have a sharp mind, my boy; you would do excellent in Ravenclaw. You are a good and loyal friend; you would put your life on the line to save them, which would have you in Hufflepuff.” James grimaced at this. “You have determination and charisma, you are good at getting your own way. These are qualities that Slytherin himself prized. But, no, you have too pure a heart for that particular house. You are most extraordinarily brave. I saw that instantly. Yes, I have come to a decision. But keep this in mind Mr. Potter, Gryffindor did tell me to give this message to anyone who looks as if they can use it, and you will definitely need to use this.” James was curious at this. What did the hat want to say to him from Gryffindor himself? “Keep your friends close, James, but keep your enemies even closer. This may not seem much to you now, but I believe you will find it useful in the future.” “GRYFFINDOR!” The hat shouted aloud, and James jumped again. The hats’ words were met with a burst of applause. Sirius cheered the loudest, for he was sitting on the Gryffindor table. He could see Remus alongside of him, as well as Thaliana, Roxanna and Lily. He was especially pleased to see her there. He could also spot Calista in Slytherin, looking extremely disappointed. James ran over to sit next to Sirius at the Gryffindor table. There were only a few kids left to be sorted now, and Jada was soon sorted into Gryffindor as well, which surprised James. Jada had always seemed too withdrawn for that house. Professor Dumbledore, the Headmaster, stood up. "Thankyou, Professor McGonagall," he said.

He began to say something else, but James paid no attention. He had to talk to Sirius. “Why did you tell everyone I lost my balance?” he hissed. Sirius gave him a wry smile. “His name’s Snape. Severus Snape, and believe me, it will take more than getting into trouble for pushing you overboard to. Besides, my motto is; Don’t get mad, get even.” James rolled his eyes. “But getting him a detention would be getting even!” he whispered, exhasperated. “Yes, but we can do worse than that, and telling on him will give us a motive for doing whatever we’re going to do to him. If no one knows we don’t like him, then no one will suspect us,” Sirius explained. James smiled. “Good point,” he remarked. The two boys looked up just as the platters in front of them filled up with food that seemed to appear out of thin air. Sirius, James and Remus loaded their plates with mountains of food. Lily looked across the table at James, slightly disdainfully. James ignored her. You could only go too far to impress girls, and cutting down on food intake is way over the line. Robert, on the other hand, was picking at his food, and looking over at Lily, hopefully. Peter was stuffing his face, eagerly. He occasionally had so much food in his mouth that he couldn’t manage to swallow. James stifled a giggle, as another one of Peter’s attempts to swallow failed miserably. Suddenly, Peter’s face turned a peculiar shade of blue, and he started choking. James’s eyes widened and he desperately tried to remember one of the spells he had learnt in his studying. “Anapneo,” James recited, pointing his wand at Peter. Peter swallowed and gulped down some air. He looked over at James. “Thanks,” he said gratefully. “Any time,” shrugged James. Lily, who had been watching Peter, a mixture of horror and repulsion on her face, now turned to smile at James, admiringly. James sat up straighter in his seat, proudly, as the people around him congratulated him.

*
Sirius and James were sitting on James’s bed, playing a game of exploding snap. Remus was reading contentedly on his bed, and Robert was writing a letter home. Peter, who had attached himself to James like glue after dinner, was watching James and Sirius’s game, a little over-enthusiastically. Remus looked at his watch. “It’s almost ten o’clock!” he cried. “So?” asked James and Sirius at the same time, and Peter laughed. Remus surpressed a smile. “So, we’re not going to be able to concentrate tomorrow on our lessons!” he said. “I guess you’re right,” admitted James, putting away the cards. It wasn’t long before the other boys were asleep, but James simply lay in his bed, thinking. Lily was now Jada’s best friend, the two of them hadn’t been separated all evening. James had a fully fledged crush on Lily, that was for certain. Calista seemed to like James even more than James liked Lily, and she was throwing herself at him every chance she got. He hadn’t seen much of her after dinner though, as she was in Slytherin. Thaliana and Roxanna were good friends with Lily and Jada as well, which was a good thing. Thaliana had a much nicer temperament than her sister, though she seemed a little slow on the uptake of things sometimes. James and Sirius were best friends, along with Remus. James didn’t like Peter as much, but he was happy to let Peter follow them around. James was incredibly nervous about the next day. What if he was the worst student in class? He might be the only one unable to perform any spells! What if that spell at dinner had been a fluke? He pushed these thoughts out of his mind, and sank into a restless sleep.

__________________________________________________-

Thankyou to everyone who reads this, I really hope you liked it! Please say you did! I would really appreciate it if you would review with feedback, like was there anything you particularily enjoyed, is there anything that I could have done better?

I really want to know, I'm fully open to criticism, though i don't particularily enjoy it, it gives me info about what I'm doing wrong! PLEASE REVIEW!!

Discoveries by harry_potter_star
Chapter 3 - Discoveries

Disclaimer - I don't own anything Harry Potter. End Of story.


Lily lay in bed, fidgeting. All that she could think about was James Potter.




She knew that he would be asleep in his bed. She pictured him, lying still, with his hair falling into his face, and a thin beam of moonlight from the open window casting a soft glow over his perfect features…




She knew that there was really no point in thinking about him like this, as Calista had made it very clear of her attraction to James.




I have absolutely no chance against her, thought Lily, miserably.




She’s pretty, and charming, and funny, and flirtatious, and outgoing…. unlike me.




Still, no matter how hard she thought this, she couldn’t rid her thoughts of his beautiful hazel eyes.








The rest of the week was hectic, and the classes really did seem to fly by. Lily adored being able to do magic, and was pleased to find that she had quite a talent at it.




She particularly liked Charms, and, when asked, she succeeded in levitating a feather.




Right after she levitated Jada onto a nearby bookshelf.




That had been the high point of the first day to everyone but Jada, who had promptly toppled down off the bookcase and onto James, knocking him to the ground.




In potions, the potions master, Professor Slughorn had taken quite a liking to her.




He was a fat, jolly man who reminded Lily of a younger version of Santa Clause. Lily thoroughly enjoyed her lessons with him.




She managed to create a potion perfectly to instruction, and finished first, closely followed by James and Sirius, neither of whom looked at all pleased at being beaten by a girl.




James was incredibly enthusiastic when it came to Defence Against the Dark Arts, and he was called up to the front to demonstrate spells more than once that week.




Easily the most enjoyable part of the days, were in the late afternoon, where they all liked to sit in the Gryffindor Common room and talk.





Thaliana always had a lot to say about Calista and James, and Lily was only too interested in listening.




“She’s crazy over him, you guys,’ Thaliana was saying to Jada, Lily and Roxanna one of those afternoons.




Jada glanced over at Lily. Jada had a strange knack of noticing things about people that most people wouldn’t. .Jada already knew that Lily liked James, though Lily hadn’t told anyone.






Well, as long as Jada knows, I might as well tell the rest of them, thought Lily.




She opened her mouth to speak, but Thaliana got there first. “And Robert Goldstein likes Lily,” she declared, proudly.




Lily blushed, pleased. “Really? How do you know?” she asked.




“It’s just obvious!” Thaliana announced. “Oh, Lily, won’t it be cute? You and Robert, and James and Calista can go double dating together! It’s completely obvious that James likes Calista, I’m surprised you hadn’t noticed Lily. A lot of the time you’re right next to Calista When James goes gaga eyes at her, it’s hard to miss!’



Thaliana somehow managed to blurt out this entire thing in one breath, and was gasping for air by the end of it.




Lily lowered her eyes to the floor. “Yeah, great, Calista is really lucky,” she mumbled.




Jada stood up. “Come on Lily, I need to show you something,'” she said firmly, and Lily followed her upstairs.






Upstairs, Jada and Lily sat on Jada’s bed. “What did you want to show me?” inquired Lily, curiously.



“Nothing, I just want to talk to you in private, but if the others knew that they’d just follow,” explained Jada, shrugging.




“Well, what about?” asked Lily.




“James,” declared Jada, firmly.




“W-what about him?” asked Lily, innocently.




“I know you like him, don’t deny it, and I’ll tell you this now, He doesn’t like Calista!”




“Are you sure?” pressed Lily, hopefully.




“Definitely,’ said Jada. “ I’ve known James my whole life, and I’d know if he liked Calista. Thaliana’s just imagining things.”




Lily smiled, relieved. “Thanks, Jay,” she said.



*




It was the first Saturday of the school term, and the weather was beautiful. Everyone in the castle seemed to be outside, and Lily couldn’t blame them; the weather really was too perfect to spend the day inside.




Lily and her friends sat under a tree by the lake, talking. One of Calista’s friends from Slytherin had joined them, Mabel.




Mabel had unruly, thick black hair that looked as if it had never been brushed, and cold, black eyes.




Mabel always wore a scowl, and Lily had rarely seen her smile.




In fact, the only time Mabel ever seemed to smile was when she was doing the thing that she loved the most; gossiping about various girls behind their backs.




Lily didn’t see the point in this; she really wasn’t interested in the fact that Jacqui McKinnon had had her first kiss with Christopher Talon, nor was she interested in exactly how April Kilner had lost her right ear in a duel with Ursula Madden.




Lily allowed her gaze to wander over to James and his friends, as they played boisterously in the sun.




James’s messy black hair caught the sunlight as he ran, Lily noticed, making it look like it had strands of pure gold woven into it.




Lily laughed at herself; she was beginning to sound hopelessly soppy. After all, James was just another boy that she had a crush on, right?




She turned back to her friends, who had stared a new, slightly more interesting topic; ‘Who is the cutest out of the Changelings?’ (The newest Wizard boy-band)




“It’s definitely Rod,” Roxanna was insisting.




Thaliana looked outraged. “Rod? He looks like he got run over by a truck and rolled in undiluted bubotuber pus. Kennard, on the other hand…”




“Smile, ladies,” said a voice. Lily looked up to see James holding up a camera. “James, don’t you dare…” she started to say, but it was too late, James had already taken the picture.




The girls ran up eagerly to see how the picture had turned out.




Lily was in the middle of the other girls, mouthing something furiously into the camera. Jada was on Lily’s right, with her hands behind her back, and she was smiling shyly.




Calista was grinning flirtatiously at the camera and batting her eyelids next to Mabel, who was scowling darkly.




Thaliana was laughing and looking at Roxanna, who had jumped up behind them and stretched her arms to the sky in a ‘look at me’ pose.




“Burn it Potter, or face the consequences,” said Lily. “I look absolutely…”




“Beautiful,” said James. “Lily, you look fine, and I’m not throwing this out or burning it. I’m keeping it as a memory of our first week at Hogwarts, and if you do anything to it you’ll have to, let me see, ‘face the consequences,’ ” James mimicked Lily.




Lily blushed. James had called her beautiful! James!




Calista looked furious. “Do I look beautiful, James?” she asked, shamelessly. James didn’t answer her though; he was far too busy grinning at Lily.




*





Calista leaned against the tree, scowling. Lily stood up, face to face with her. “Calista, is anything the matter?” she asked, cautiously.




Calista glared at Lily. “Oh no, nothings the matter, only that one of my best friends was just flirting with the guy I love.” She snapped.




Lily looked at her, shocked. “What do you…’




“You know perfectly well what I mean, and you should give it up now, it’s not working. James is never going to like you Lily. You’re boring, thick, and let’s face it Lily; you’re just not pretty enough.’




“Calista!” scolded Thaliana, shocked.




“You know what Calista?” asked Lily, her voice dangerously low. “You really are just like Petunia. You let jealousy get away with you, you are a spoilt little brat, and you can’t face the fact that James is not impressed by a snotty, rude little bitch like you.”



_____________________________________________________________________





James looked curiously towards where Lily and her friends had been sitting. Lily and Calista were facing each other, a venomous glare on both of their faces.




Thaliana and Roxanna had both jumped up, and Jada looked murderous, a very unusual thing for his cousin.




Lily shouted something that James couldn’t quit make out, and Calista stared at her for a minute. Then, she lashed out and punched Lily right in the face.




Lily went sprawling backwards, and before she had a chance to get up, Calista had pulled out her wand.




Quick as lightning, James whipped out his own wand, and shouted “EXPELLIARMUS!”




Calista’s wand flew out of her hands, and landed a few feet away.




Remus and Sirius were now at James’s side, and Peter was nowhere to be seen.




Jada had run over to Lily, whose face was now covered in blood.




Mabel glared at James, and pulled out her own wand.




“Stupefy!” she cried. James tried to dodge the curse, but then saw black.

*





James opened his eyes, sleepily. “James, finally, we thought you’d never wake up!” said a voice. James reached out to get his glasses from a nearby table, and the scene in front of him came into focus.




James was in the Hospital Wing. The two beds next to him were occupied by Lily and Remus, both of whom looked a little abashed, but overall fine.




Their beds, along with James’s, were surrounded by Sirius, Peter, Jada, Thaliana and Roxanna.




“What happened?” asked James, confused.




“What, after you were knocked out, or before?” asked Sirius, grinning.




“After, you dolt.” Said James, who was now grinning as well.




“Well…there was a lot of fighting, a lot of spells, a lot of blood, a lot of screams, and you were hit three times by spells we don’t know of, and you turned a lovely shade of purple. Then Professor McGonagall came with Peter, and gave everyone but you detention,” Sirius told him, pleasantly.




“Oh, thanks for that… detailed explanation, Sirius,” said James, grinning wryly.




“Anytime.”



“Lily, you absolutely exploded at Calista, I’ve never seen you like that before,” remarked Jada.




Lily smiled. “Well, Jay, considering you’ve only known me for a week, that’s not saying much.”




“You know what I mean…”




“What was the fight about?” asked James, curiously. The girls looked instantly awkward.




“Well, you know… things,” said Lily, blushing.




James had a strong feeling that there was something that she didn’t want him to know.




I really hope that you liked it, please let me know about anything that I'm doing wrong, am I cramming too much into one Chapter? Do my characters seem unrealistic? Is my story all around bad? (Don't think that I am an all-around negative person, because I'm not, I would just like to know what I can do better) Thanks for reading, and a special thanks if you take the time to review.
Late night explorations by harry_potter_star
Chapter Four - Late Night Explorations

Disclaimer- I don't own anything Harry Potter. The End. Exciting hey? About as exciting as a disclaimer can get.


On the 31st of October, the girls woke up with a feeling of anticipation. On arriving at the Great Hall, they saw that it had been decorated beautifully for Halloween.




Floating, carved pumpkins were scattered throughout the room, and the ghosts seemed to have taken it upon themselves to swoop down on any unsuspecting first year and fly through them.




Moving skeletons, fake ones, (Lily hoped) were wandering around the tables, and occasionally falling to bits, leaving scattered bones littering the floor.



Roxanna seemed to appreciate it more than the rest of Lily’s friends, as she had come from a Muggle family as well, and wasn’t used to such a display for a holiday.




Thaliana had adorned her hair with miniature bats to celebrate the occasion, and to Lily they looked almost... too realistic.




“Thali… are those real bats?” asked Lily, disgusted.




Thaliana nodded enthusiastically. "They’re quite tame, though. You needn’t worry about them," she consoled Lily, who had not-so-subtly moved several feet away from her friend.





The owl post, when it came, brought some bad news for Jada and James. “Aunt Bay was killed last night,” said James, bluntly, passing the note to Jada.




“Who?” asked Jada, sounding confused?




“You know, the one who joined Voldemort last year?” asked James.




Jada started. “Don’t say his name, James.’




James looked guilty. “Sorry, I forgot,” he apologised.




“Why can’t you say his name?” asked Lily.




Jada looked stumped. “Um, I don’t know actually, we’re just not supposed to,” she said.




“Well, I think it serves her right,” snarled James coldly.


“Don’t let my mum hear you say that,” said Sirius. “She reckons that anyone who joins Voldemort ought to be congratulated.”




“Where’s Remus?” inquired Jada, suddenly.




“He had to visit a dying aunt or something,” said Sirius, offhandedly.




“That’s terrible!” exclaimed Jada.




“Yeah…” mumbled Sirius vaguely. “ For some reason he didn’t seem too upset though. He mustn’t have known her well."




*





It was the first Qudditch match of the year, and Lily was excited. She had always been interested in flying, ever since her first lesson.




The game had begun. It was Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw, and Lily was sitting on James’s left. James was on the edge of his seat, as he adored Quidditch.




The commentator was a pretty fifth year girl called Chantal, who didn’t seem at all interested in the match.




“Aubrey passes to Clifton,’ she started. “And I do love Rachel Clifton’s hairstyle today, it’s very stylish, and it shows off her bone structure incre-“




“The match, please Chantal,” reminded professor McGonagall, irritably.




“Right, Professor. Anyway, Clifton passes to Robins, but the Quaffle is intercepted by Chang. Chang passes to Toll. Toll drops the Quaffle. Blundering idiot, I really don’t know why I ever went out with him Sorry Professor. Oh look, Ravenclaw score. Again. And a Bludger goes full pelt towards the Gryffindor seeker, and- WHOAH!!”




The Gryffindor seeker had stopped right in front of Lily and James, and moved out of the way of a Bludger at the last minute.




James grabbed Lily quickly by the shoulders and pulled her out of the way, and the bludger zoomed into where Lily was just sitting, making a hole in the back of her seat.




“And the Bludger almost kills two eleven-year-olds. The two of them make a fantastic couple if you ask me…So, Chang gains possession of the Quaffle again, and all that flying has given her a serious bad hair day. That’s why I do commentating and not Quidditch.”




The rest of the game went along the same lines as that. Ravenclaw won by a lot, as expected.




“I’m joining next year,” muttered James angrily, as they made their way back to the castle. “This year’s team is hopeless.”




*




Lily sat down in her armchair, writing in her diary by the fire. James watched her, silently and patiently, under his Invisibility Cloak.




As soon as she went to bed, he and his friends would be free to explore the castle, though he was content to sit and watch her write.




After what seemed like an eternity, Lily closed the diary and rose from her seat to go to bed.




James picked up the mirror that Sirius had lent him and said his friend’s name into it.




Sirius’s face appeared in the mirror. “It’s about time!” cried Sirius, impatiently.




“Well it’s not my fault,” hissed James, irritably. “Lily stayed for an eternity just writing. It’s not as if it’s going to be published or anything.”




Sirius rolled his eyes. “Peter and Remus are already asleep,” he grumbled. “I’ve been bored stiff waiting.”




“I haven’t exactly been having the time of my life either,” complained James. “At least you didn’t have to worry about how loud you breathed for an hour! Wake Remus and Peter up and get down here so we can go.”





James put down the mirror, and looked at the door expectantly. There soon appeared Peter and Remus, looking very bedraggled, along with Sirius, who was full of energy and practically jumping up and down.




James hurried them all under the cloak, but they soon found that they could only remain unseen if they stayed pressed up together, not moving at all.




James thrust the cloak off, annoyed.




“This isn’t working. How about we take it with us, and throw it on if there’s an emergency,” he reasoned.




“So, exactly, where are we going, again?” asked Remus, yawning, his messy light brown hair falling into his eyes.




“The secret passageway that my Dad told his brother, Jada’s dad, about when Mum wasn’t looking,” said James. “He said that it led to a great place, but Mum called me upstairs before I could here any more.



Soon, they arrived on the first floor, and James confidently led them over to a statue of an old wizard with a short, pointed beard.




The statue was old and cracked, and the stone was flaking off.




James tapped the wizard with his wand, and said, “Dissendium.”




The statue split in half, leaving a large crack, just wide enough for a teenage boy to slip through.




(“That’s good,” Sirius remarked. “This way we can keep coming back until we leave Hogwarts.)




James climbed through the opening first, and the other boys followed. He took a cautious step forward, and suddenly, the ground seemed to disappear beneath his feet.




James dropped his wand in surprise as suddenly he was speeding forward at an alarming rate.




Startled cries from behind him told James that the others had met the same fate.




Suddenly, James hit solid ground with a thud, and he collapsed in a heap.




Sirius came down next and promptly fell on top of him, soon followed by Remus and Peter.




James, at the bottom of the heap, was hardly impressed.




“Gerrof meh yer guysh!” he demanded, lying face first in the dirt.




The other boys obediently tumbled off of him and pulled him to his feet, while he spat out grains of dirt in disgust.




“Where are we?” asked Peter, trying to sound casual.




“I’m not sure,” said Remus, uncertainly.




Sirius walked foward slowly, but he ran into a wall of fallen rocks.



"Okay, so we go back then," he said, grimicing in pain.



He turned around, coming face to face with the slide that had brought them there in the first place.




“How?” whispered James timidly.







hope you liked it... not one of my favourite chapters, but it keeps the story flowing.




Ok, I'm tired of asking nicely, heres the deal. I get ten reviews for this chapter, you get a new chapter. Fair? I'm sorry if I sound brutal, but if this is what I have to do to get some reviews, then this is what I have to do.

Trapped!! by harry_potter_star
Chapter five “ trapped.

Don’t own Harry Potter. Full. Stop. (Or anything to do with Harry Potter, considering that he hasn’t even made an appearance in my story yet!)







Jada shook Lily awake.




“What’s the matter?” asked Lily, groggily. Jada looked incredibly worried.




“Um, Lily,” she started. “You know how the castle is filled with passages?”




Lily frowned at the look on Jada’s face. “Yes, what about them?”




“James-and-his-friends-went-out-to-explore-a-secret-passageway-that-James’s-Dad-told-him-about-they-told-me-before-I- went-to-bed-and-I-tried-to-stop-them-but-they-wouldn’t-listen-to-me-because-they’re-dumb-and-the-passageway’s-dangerous-but-they-didn’t-know-and-I-forgot-and-they-aren’t-back-yet-and-it’s-been-ages-since-they-went!!!!”




Jada said all of this incredibly fast, and Lily stared at her for a second, trying to take in all of this new information.




“So, in other words, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter are somewhere wandering around in a secret passage that could be dangerous, and you wait until now to tell me WHY?” Lily shrieked.




“I didn’t know what passageway he was talking about at first, but then I realised that he was talking about the one that his Dad was telling my Dad about last year. Apparently, his Dad went in there once and it almost caved in on him, he only just made it out alive.” Jada reported.




Lily gaped at her. “Then why on Earth did James and his friends go in there?” she demanded.




Jada looked even more worried. “Because James only heard his Dad say about the great place that the passage led to,” she explained.




Lily finally understood. “Well, we’ll just have to go and find them then, won’t we?” she said.











James fell back again. “It’s no use, you lot,” he said dejectedly. “We can’t climb up.”




“If only you hadn’t dropped your wand, we would be fine,” grumbled Peter.




“If you three had bothered to bring your wands in the first place, it wouldn’t have mattered if I’d dropped my wand or not!” James snapped back.




“Look,” said Remus quietly. James turned around and saw that rocks were slowly dislodging themselves from the ceiling. James felt the colour drain from his face.




“Oh Merlin, it’s going to cave in!” he cried.










“It’s still open,” said Jada, as she and Lily approached the statue of the old wizard.




The two girls took a cautious step inside, when Lily held out her hand for Jada to stop.




“Look, what’s that down there?” she asked, pointing at the ground.




“Lumos,” said Jada, and a thin beam of light shot out from her wand.




Lily picked it up. “It’s a wand,” she said, examining it, turning it over in the light from Jada’s wand.




Jada directed her light to the ground, to see if anything else was there. The light washed over what looked like an entrance to a slide, covered with moss.




“Who’s there?” a faint voice cried out from somewhere below the girls. Jada looked up, hopefully.




“James, is that you?” she called out down the slide and into the darkness that seemed to swallow up her words.




A voice rang out. “Yes, but-“




“Get us out of here!” cried another voice that Lily made out as Sirius’s. “The whole place is about to cave in!”




Jada looked at Lily, terrified. “Just hold on you guys!” she called, trying not to panic.




Lily could have sworn she heard someone mutter, “Like we have a choice.” She ignored the voice.




“What are we going to do Lily?” asked Jada frantically.




“I don’t know, we can hardly levitate them out if we can’t see them. Do you have a wand?” she called down the slide.




“No, because someone dropped it!” called out Peter.




“Well at least I brought one!” responded James testily.




“Would you two just shut up, the girls are trying to concentrate so we don’t die!”




“Hurry up up there will you? The rocks don’t seem to feel like waiting for you for some strange reason, heaven knows why!”




Lily was finding it increasingly hard to concentrate with James and Peter bickering, and Remus and Sirius urging her to hurry up, but she finally thought of something.




“A rope, magic up a rope!” Lily exclaimed to Jada.




Jada did so, her hands shaking, and tossed the thick rope she managed to conjure down the slide, she and Lily holding onto the other end.









James looked around in a panic at the falling rocks and the dust filled air. A loud rumbling had filled the tunnel, and Peter had begun to whimper pathetically.




A rope appeared at the bottom of the slide, and Peter ran to it and instantly began his climb up the slippery slide.




Remus followed him, and grabbed onto the rope just as the falling rocks doubled in size.




James inhaled a lungful of dust and began to cough. A jagged rock fell down past James’s cheek, slashing open the skin.




‘You next,” said Sirius, pushing him forward.




“No, you,” said James firmly.




Sirius knew that there was no point in arguing, and he grabbed the rope.



It was then that the roof seemed to give way, and an avalanche of rocks pelted down towards James.




He lunged in the direction of the slide, but a large group of rocks fell in front of him, forcing him backwards. He began to choke on the dust, and rocks smashed against his head unforgivingly.




“JAMES!!” yelled Sirius. He let go of the rope, and let himself drop onto the ground, and ran blindly through the thick cloud of dust towards his best friend.




He found James arm, and roughly yanked him over to the slide and pushed him up.




This all happened in about 30 seconds, but to James and Sirius, it all happened in slow motion, because 30 seconds of not knowing whether you’re about to die or not can drag on for hours.









The girls waited at the top, anxiously. Peter appeared in the opening, and he dashed away from the statue looking frightened.




Lily heard Sirius call out James’s name, sounding alarmed. Jada grabbed onto Lily’s arm, unable to speak.




Remus came out, looking pale with worry. He was shaking so hard that Lily had to help him out.




“It’s James… something’s wrong,” he whispered. Jada whimpered, and Remus touched her arm sympathetically.




The small group waited for what seemed like an eternity, then, finally, James climbed over the edge of the slide.




His hair was matted, he was filthy, his face was a deathly white, only coloured by blood which streamed out of a deep cut on his cheek and he was exhausted and his breathing was heavy and forced.




For some reason, Lily had never felt more attracted to him then now, though, when only a few minutes ago, she feared that she would never see him again.




Lily rushed forward to help James out of the crack in the statue, and he tried to stand properly, but his legs gave way.




Sirius, who had been coming out of the statue, caught him just before he hit the ground.




“Are you alright?” asked Remus, worriedly, running towards him, giving Lily the impression of a worried mother.




“Yeah, I’m fine, I just have a bit of a headache,” said James, smiling faintly, and trying his hardest to look as if he really did ‘just have a headache’.




What is it with boys and pretending they’re fine all the time? wondered Lily. They’d have a much easier life if they just admitted they needed help.




“Come on, we’ll take you to the Hospital Wing,” said Lily, making a move to walk in that direction.




“No, Lily, Madame Pomfrey will kill us for being out this late,” protested James.




Sirius and Peter nodded earnestly, while Remus seemed to be debating the topic in his head.




Lily sighed. “Well, and least get some bandages on your face,” she insisted.




James nodded, rolling his eyes, and as they reached the point where the boys and girls parted to go towards their dorms, he shot a smile towards Lily.




“Goodnight,” He said coyly.




Lily grinned at him, and allowed Jada to drag her off in the opposite direction, still staring after James.





Hello, peoples!! Hope that you liked it!! I liked the turn out last time I did this, so 6 reviews and an update. I made it only 6 because of the fact that the chapter wasn't left on a cliffhanger, so 6 reviews for the next chapter seems like a fairer deal. Happy Reading!!

Snowflakes by harry_potter_star

Disclaimer- I do not own anything Harry Potter, such as Hogwarts, Lumos, James and Lily etc, I should hope that by now you all know what I'm talking about!!






Chapter 6





Snowflakes!!






The next morning, everyone stared at James and Sirius, James especially.




No one could quite figure out how the two of them had gone from being absolutely fine the night before, to being covered in scratches, bruises, and in James’s case, a black eye.




Though everyone wondered, no one asked about it. Perhaps they were afraid of the answer. No one likes to think of their home as unsafe.




Whatever the reason was, the group of boys were quite content to keep the previous night’s adventures a secret.




Of course, Lily and Jada had eagerly filled Thaliana and Roxanna in on the events, and they were both fascinated with the story, and furious that neither of them had been asked to join them.




“Well, after all, what’s the point of hearing about it when you could have experienced it?” Roxanna pointed out.




“Believe me, I would much rather have heard about it than be there!” insisted Lily. “It was a nightmare, and at one point, we all thought that James was dead!! That’s not exactly my idea of a good time.”




The girls could all see that Lily wasn’t exaggerating, none of the boys looked as if they had particularly enjoyed the nights’ events.




James in particular didn’t look much better than he had the night before, and all four of the boys were incredibly grumpy.




When Remus was asked to pass the strawberry jam, he simply snapped, “Get it yourself.”




The girl had done so, and incredibly hurt look on her face.









James, Sirius, Remus and Peter sat on their beds, incredibly bored. Sirius began to click his tongue, and the sound echoed through the silent dormitory.




James sighed impatiently. “Sirius, would you shut up?” he pleaded.




Sirius shrugged indifferently. “I’m bored, it’s keeping me sane.”




“It’s driving me insane!” grumbled Remus, grabbing a pillow and throwing it at Sirius’s head.




“HEY!!”



James looked out of the window gloomily. It was perfect weather, as usual.




“If it would hurry up and become winter, we could be out there snowball fighting!” he complained.




The other boys nodded. “It’s too bad we can’t just… magically make it snow or something like that,” sighed Peter.




Sirius, James and Remus all sat up abruptly and stared at him excitedly.




“What?” asked Peter, nervously.









Lily stirred restlessly in her sleep. Something incredibly annoying was on her face.




She shook her head impatiently, and glanced at the clock beside her bed. It was only 5:30 am.




Lily swung her legs onto the floor, and gasped in surprise.




Something soft was covering the floor, and stuff was falling onto her head from the ceiling.




“Lily, what on Earth is going on?” asked Krysta, the girl who shared the dormitory with Lily and her friends.




Lily snatched her wand off of her bedside table. ‘Lumos,” she muttered, and a thin beam of light shot out of her wand and onto the floor.




Lily was unable to full believe what she saw. “It’s snowing,” she breathed. “indoors…”




“But it can’t be,” protested Jada, who had woken up.




Thaliana switched on the light, and the room became brighter.




‘Oh my goodness,” she murmured in shock.




Everything in the entire room was covered in a thick blanket of pure, white snow. The strangest bit about it was that it wasn’t cold, or wet, just soft and perfect.




“We must be dreaming!” insisted Lily, shaking her head. “I’m going back to sleep.




“Shouldn’t we do something about it?” demanded Krysta.




“It won’t hurt to leave it be for a few more hours,” yawned Lily, already half asleep.



*





At breakfast the next morning, everyone was excited about the snow, and the biggest thrill of it was that none of the teachers seemed to be able to do anything about it



Roxanna seemed especially excited, as she hadn’t woken up the night before to see the snow.




The excitement reaches absolute breaking point when all of the lessons that day were cancelled.




Lily was talking happily with her friends, when she overheard parts of the boys’ conversation.




“…and now we’ve got no lessons for the entire day! We should have thought of this before!” exclaimed James enthusiastically.




It was you four!” cried Lily.




James jumped guiltily. “You won’t tell anyone, will you?” he pleaded. “It was only a bit of fun!”




Lily pretended to consider this, and then she smiled. “Well, alright, I suppose it didn’t hurt anyone, and we did get out of class…”




The four boys grinned.




“Thanks Lils, I knew you’d see it our way,’ Sirius smiled.




“Call me ‘Lils’ one more time, and I will tell the teachers on you. My name is Lily.”




“Right,” Sirius nodded. “I’ll remember that.”










A month had gone by, it was December, and snow was covering the outdoor area of the castle as it had done to the indoor area the month before.




Lily and her friends immediately ran outside after breakfast. The boys followed energetically, and were soon wrapped up in a snowball fight together.




Sirius threw a snowball at Remus, who ducked as quick as lightning. The snowball hit Thaliana in the back of her head.




She whipped round, scooped up some snow, and threw it at Sirius.




Lily, Jada and Roxanna looked at each other, and then made some snowballs of their own.




Lily and Jada advanced on James, who threw his hands over his face. “Have mercy on me, that’s two on one!” He cried, as the two girls pelted him with snow.




Lily ran towards James and pinned him to the ground, laughing joyfully.



James laughed as well, and tried to throw her off of him, but Lily noticed that he didn’t seem to be putting much effort into it.





“Jada! Hurry up, he’s got no escape!’ she cried, amidst her giggles.










Sirius paused in mid throw, and looked towards his two friends.




“Remus, look,” he said, nodding his head towards James and Lily.




Remus shook his head, smiling. “He’s got it bad for that girl,” he remarked.




Sirius wholeheartedly agreed with him, as James managed to push Lily off of him, knocking her to the ground and tried to shove snow down the front of her jacket, grinning radiantly.




The door to the castle burst open, and Calista, Mabel and another Slytherin girl named Elara Mills came out, shortly followed by Robert Goldstone, Bertram Aubrey, Deimus Figgins and Charlie Patman.




At almost exactly the same time, Robert and Calista saw Lily and James, and their faces took on identical looks of fury.




Both of them turned huffily to follow their separate groups, looks of utter disgust on their faces.






OK everyone, I just had a good idea. how aboutI make reviewing a liiittle bit more fun? For each chapter, I'll make up a reviewing challenge for you to fufill, and the winner of the challenge gets a mention in the challenge winners section at the top of the page.

By the way, just so you know, You can send in reviews that have nothing to do with the challenge!!



This chapters reviewing challenge is to...

Write a 100 word or less poem or limerick on why Calsita sucks. Be as creative as you like, and don't be afraid to think outside the lines!! The best (or most creative...hmm) one will be judged by me. Entries are valid until the 24th of November, 2005, when the winner will be picked. Have fun, and i hope to see some enties, as well as feedback on my whole Review-Challenge idea.

I hope that you liked the chapter, I personally didn't mind it!! I know that it's a little shorter than usual, but the next one won't be!!The first year is probably the shortest year out of all of them, so we will be moving on to the second year sometime within the next 3 or 4 chapters I'd be guessing... I absolutely love the reviews I have got so far, Please keep them coming, and I promise that I'll respond for your trouble!

Christmas Day by harry_potter_star
Disclaimer : Ahem


Twinkle twinkle any lawyers


Don’t sue me because I have included this disclaimer


I don’t own anything Harry Potter


Um…la dee da dee da dee da…


Twinkle twinkle any lawyers


Don’t sue me because I have included this disclaimer





Ok, Here it is!! The moment you've all been waitng for!! I am sooo sorry if I made anyone feel bad, and glad if I made anyone feel good!! After a lot of decision making and arguing, here is the winner of the poetry contest, Chapter six, Forever yours, 2005!





Horrible Calista all you do is lie

To you we gladly say goodbye

You bat your lashes

Yet crumble to ashes

Because Lily gets the guy.





CONGRATULATIONS LUNA_MOON13!! You have won...A car!! (I wish) sorry, I mean, a place in the winners area for all time. Be proud!! Congrats to everyone who entered, You should all be proud as well!!!





“LIIIIILLLLYYY! LilyLilyLilyLilyLilyLilyLily! Wake UP! It’s here! It’s finally here!”



Lily screamed and shot up in her bed.



“Who’s here? What’s the matter?” she cried, confused.



“Not who, it! It’s Christmas, Lily! It’s finally Christmas!” Roxanna was regaining her composure, after having just performed a flying leap onto Lily’s sleeping figure.



Lily groaned. “Don’t do that Roxy!” she scolded, pressing her hand to her chest to feel her heart beat.



“Sorry…”



“What’s going on?” asked Jada, groggily.



“Roxanna’s on a sugar high again,” groaned Thaliana, her face buried in her pillow.



“I told you not to eat those biscuits last night, Roxy,” chided Krysta, who had been listening to the conversation with interest.



“Oh, very funny you guys!” Roxanna rolled her eyes. “It’s the twenty-fifth of December! It’s Christmas!”



“It’s also only 5:30 am, Roxy,” Lily growled, rubbing her eyes.



Roxanna looked a little hurt. “Well, at my house, It’s always my job to wake up the rest of my family on Christmas,” she defended herself.”



“I’ll bet they love that,” remarked Kysta.



“There’s no way I’m going to be able to get back to sleep now,” complained Thaliana.



Roxanna looked crestfallen. “Sorry…” she muttered.



Lily felt a little guilty for snapping at her. “Oh Roxy, don’t worry about it. Now we get to open our presents!” she reasoned.



Roxanna brightened, and the five girls immediately sprang to their present piles.



There were quickly cries of “I really wanted this!” and “Oh, you lucky thing, I wish I got one of them….Oh! I did!”




Lily let out a small cry of delight, and held up a tube of pink lip-gloss for her friends to see.



“It’s from mum and dad, and they said that I couldn’t have any until I was 13!”



“Can I try some?” asked Jada, hopefully.



“Of course!”





*






At breakfast the next morning, the five girls paraded down into the Great Hall proudly displaying their newly pink lips.




Krysta ran off to join her two friends Isabelle and Ray, while Lily, Jada, Thaliana, and Roxanna sat down with James and his friends.




Sirius, Remus, and James began to engage in a seemingly all-important conversation about the newest racing brooms, when James suddenly turned around to face Lily.




“By the way Lily, that lip-gloss looks really nice on you,” he complimented her.




Lily felt herself turn bright red, and decided there and then that she would wear that lip-gloss every day until it ran out.





*






Soon, Lily had grown tired of the cold snow and dreariness of Winter, and was glad to see the warmness and sun of Spring.




OK, so the sun was only out half of the time, when it could be seen through the rain clouds, but occasionally there were perfect days that all of the students in the school hastened to take advantage of.




On one of these days, Lily and her friends settled themselves under a willow tree.




Jada and Thaliana laid on their stomachs talking amiably, while Lily helped Roxanna with the homework that she had procrastinated until the last minute.




“You know, you really should have done this earlier,” Lily chided her friend.




Roxanna shrugged. “You can hardly blame me! Rod got engaged, that’s not exactly an everyday thing, you do realize, and I needed to catch up on all the gossip!”




Lily rolled her eyes. “You really are obsessed with that guy! He’s just a pop star!”




Yeah,’ chimed in Thaliana. “And he’s not even a good one. Take my advice Roxy, and go after Kennard, who doesn’t waste his time getting engaged.”




“For your information-“




“Lily, look,” Jada hissed.




Lily looked over to the spot where Jada was pointing.




James, Sirius, and Severus Snape; another boy in their year, were facing each other, menacingly.




Peter was watching with anticipation, hiding slightly behind Remus, who was frowning disapprovingly.




Lily sighed, this wasn’t an unusual scene lately, the three boys always seemed to find something to have a go at each other about, from evil stares one would give the other, to one of them walking the wrong way.




Which was why Lily wasn’t surprised when Snape punched James, hard, sending him sprawling backwards.




Jada and Lily both shot up and walked briskly over to the boys.




Sirius quickly whipped out his wand, and muttered something that Lily couldn’t hear.




Suddenly, Severus’s head began to swell, slowly at first, then faster and faster until it had reached at least twice its normal size.




Lily froze mid-stride, watching this strange scene.




Remus looked horrified, and his mouth dropped open.




James, who was trying to get up from the ground, holding his jaw, looked impressed.




“Sirius, where’d you learn that from?” he asked, incredulously.




Sirius smiled proudly.




“From one of my dearly beloved cousins, he tried to use it on me when he didn’t particularly enjoy the picture I drew of him. I tried to explain to him that the picture was, in fact, incredibly accurate, but he didn’t listen. I heard the spell he used, and practiced it for a year until I managed it.”




James laughed. “Who did you practice it on?” he wondered.




“My Mum. It took me months of practicing before I managed to make a difference to the size of her head, and even longer for her to notice that it was happening. I told her that it suited her; her head finally matched her ego.”




“Bet she wasn’t too pleased with that.”




“Nah, she wasn’t funnily enough. That’s the problem with my family, they can’t handle the truth.”




James and Sirius both burst out laughing, and even Remus managed a small chuckle.




No one seemed to have noticed that Severus was stumbling around off-balanced by his enormous head.




Remus finally glanced at him. “Go to the Hospital Wing,” he ordered. “And if you don’t mention who did this to you, we won’t mention how you tried to kill James earlier this year.”




Severus frowned. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he muttered.




“Oh, I think that you know perfectly well what he’s talking about,’ said James, sharply.




Peter nodded. “Just because we have an audience now, Snape, doesn’t mean that you’ve lost your memory.”




Snape didn’t seem to know what to say to this, so he turned his heel and stormed off towards the castle as well as he could without falling sideways.




Lily turned to James. “Okay,” she said, folding her arms and glaring at all four of the boys. “What the hell was that all about?”




Sirius and Remus glanced at each other uneasily. Once Lily got that look on her face, there was no easy way to worm their way out.




James folded his arms as well, and imitated Lily. ‘I’m very sorry Miss, but that’s classified information,” he said in a posh voice. “If we tell you, I’m afraid we’ll be forced to kill you.”




Lily rolled her eyes, and then smiled.




“Ok girls, let’s get out of here before they take drastic action,” she joked, and the four girls walked off, leaving four very relieved looking boys.










James started to head off towards the castle. Sirius, Remus, and Peter had gone off a long time ago.




“James! Wait,” a voice called out urgently.




James turned around, half-expecting Lily to be running towards him.




Instead, to his utter disappointment, it was Calista.




She rushed up to him, and then stopped, panting slightly. “James, we need to talk,” she insisted.




“What about?” asked James impatiently.




“Well, I wanted to apologize about what happened at the beginning of the year. I know that it may seem a little late for that now, but the thing is, you don’t really know what happened.”




James raised an eyebrow. “I…don’t?” he asked, disbelievingly.




“No, you don’t. Lily and I were getting along just fine, and she picked an argument with me. It was silly really, but she started accusing me of liking an absolute loser, and that I was shaming our group.”




James looked skeptical. “Who was the loser that you liked?” he asked, unknowingly.




Calista blushed. “Oh James, don’t you know? It was…is you. Anyway, I started to get really angry at her, and I tried to defend you, but she started swearing at me, and I lost my temper.”




Calista was crying now, and James was feeling increasingly uncomfortable.




“The next thing I knew, you had come and used expelliarmus on me. I don’t blame you James, I know it would have looked to you like I attacked Lily for no reason, but now you know. And James, I just wanted to warn you, I think that Lily may be flirting with you to make me upset, just don’t fall for it James. You deserve better.”




Calista lowered her head and started to walk away, but James stopped her. “Hey, Calista,” he said, cautiously.




'”What?”




“Thanks,” James smiled weakly. He knew that she was just trying to help, but it was taking all of his willpower not to start crying.




Calista smiled a little too. “You're welcome,” she said shyly, and turned her back on James.




Calista smirked to herself. Another prize winning performance from Calista Kilten, she thought, satisfied with herself.




It won’t be long now…











Hi, I really hope that you all enjoyed this chappie, review please!!!

OK, review challenge, this one is pretty easy, just who is your fav OC character so far in the story? The options are Ronxanna, Jada, Thaliana, Robert (though he isn't a huge part yet) Calista or a background character with no real personality that you happen to like for some reason? (please specify) And why are they your favourite charactes? This is greatly appreciated!!

The first Summer by harry_potter_star
Chapter 8 “ The First Summer





Disclaimer “ I don’t own anything Harry Potter, though that’s a little obvious, I don’t have enough money to be sued, unless JK Rowling aims for under $85. I also don’t own the song, that is by Tammin. That is all.




Am I losin’ my mind?
You’re everywhere and I don’t know why
Somethin’ I can’t deny
On and on like a song in my head
And I can’t do a thing about it




When your Heart can’t stop
Like a runaway train
And love walks in like a hurricane
It’s a beautiful thing




When it feels so good
That you can’t let go
And you’re so far gone
Coz you couldn’t say no,
It’s a beautiful thing.



It’s a Beautiful Thing, By Tammin Surzok







Lily sat at the kitchen table, staring at her sister. Petunia slowly put a spoonful of cereal into her mouth and chewed it, without taking her eyes off of her younger sister.




Lily’s mother was upstairs taking a shower, and her father was at work. Petunia was terrified.




This was the first time since Lily had discovered that she was a witch that she and Petunia had been alone in a room together, and Petunia was convinced that if she so much as blinked, Lily would turn her into a cow or something; a thought that Lily did her best to encourage.




A slight movement outside the open window made Lily look up sharply. A beautiful barred owl flew through the window, its wings spread majestically.





Petunia whipped around and screamed as the gorgeous creature landed on her head daintily.




Lily jumped up and gently pulled the newcomer off of Petunia, who had gone completely still, and was so pale that she resembled several of the ghosts at Hogwarts.




The owl hooted in protest, and tried to get back towards Lily’s trembling sister.




“Get out of here; you haven’t seen a magical owl when it’s angry,” Lily warned in an undertone.




Petunia didn’t need telling twice, and she darted out of the room in a panic. Lily smiled and turned towards the owl, who was looking sadly at the door that Petunia had ran out of, and she took the letter off of its leg and read it.





Dear Lily,


How are you? I’m good, and I hope that you are too! What have you been doing? I haven’t been up to much, to tell the truth. Do you still like James? I hope so; it’s going to be so cute when the two of you finally get together! You know how we thought it was strange that my parents never sent me a letter about that huge fight with Calista? Guess who got a looong lecture when she got home? I kept telling them that I didn't mean to give Calista horns, I was just trying out a spell I learned in a book I found....Mum was surprised that we know those spells, but Dad thinks it's because of that You-Know-Who guy... Something about defense skills. Anyway, I’m really bored here at my house; there’s practically nothing to do, so we should catch up together sometime soon! Write again soon, I’m hopeless at letters, aren’t I?


Love Jada


PS, isn’t my new owl beautiful? Her name is Allia, pronounced A lee ah






Lily smiled in delight, grabbed some pen and paper, and wrote an answer to her friend.





Dear Jada




I’m good thanks, it’s great to hear from you! I’ve been lazy, and I haven’t been writing, but that’s me for you! You’re right, we should catch up, and Mum said a couple of days ago that you can visit! If you can, send me a letter, and come around at 12:00 am by flew powder or whatever that stuff you told me about is called. If your parents say that you can't go, just tell them that it will be a good educational oppurtunity to experience two different lifestyles and see the way that muggles live their lives. That will pretty much force them to let you go; They wouldn't want to deprive their beloved girl the chance to mingle with muggles and expand her knowledge and intellectual boundaries! I'm starting to sound like an encyclopedia, hey? Anyway, of course I still like James, what do you take me for? I hope he will ask me out this term, because there is no way on this Earth that I am asking him! You are all right at writing letters! Your owl is gorgeous, and she really likes Petunia! ( I’ll take that as a sign that she is as crazy as she is pretty ) Where did you get that name from; I really like it!


See you


Luv ya, your bff


Lily






“Here Allia, take this to Jada,” Lily said, and she could have sworn that Allia smiled at her before taking off with Lily’s response tied to her leg.




Lily went up to her room to look at the letters she had received in the past few days from her two other friends.




She dug through her top drawer until she found them, slipped inside her Transfiguration book.





Dear Lily,


How have you been? Good, I hope, I’m sure you can imagine how I have been! Calista has been a nightmare to live with! Have you ever climbed into bed to find it filled with flobber worms? I’ll recommend to never do that. I have absolutely no idea where she got her hands on that many, probably from one of her Slytherin friends. Anyway, on the bright side, I have decided Kaine is soooooo totally cute! You know, that guy from 3rd year Ravenclaw? Sigh! Write back!!


Thaliana





Dear Lily,


Oh My God, you wouldn’t believe it!!! Rod is getting married to Felicia Turnrod!! Can you believe it? He decided against Fantalia! I found her address and sent her hate mail. I also started an ‘I hate Felicia Turnrod’ website. The site address is www.ihatefeliciaturnrodthehorribleperson.com You don’t think it’s a bit much do you? I can remember it, but I feel a little sorry for the regular visitors. Should I shorten it to IHFTTHP.com? it’s much easier to remember. Anyway, I hope that you’re good. Thali has written to me, and she doesn’t seem thrilled. I definitely wouldn’t want to be her right now… Got to go!!


See you later!


Roxy





Lily giggled at Roxanna’s letter; she wasn’t sure if she would ever get over Rod.




Well, she reminded herself, you haven’t exactly gotten over James yet, have you?





*







James stepped inside his mansion, his hair messy and his eyes gleaming.




Mrs Potter looked up from her book and laughed. “Did you have fun on your new broomstick?” she asked affectionately, surveying her son’s jubilant face.




James nodded enthusiastically. “Yes! This has definitely, all around, not a doubt, no question about it, totally, completely and…definitely been the best birthday ever!’ he cried.




Mr Potter came in the room. “Glad to hear it,” he smiled softly. “I can’t believe you’re twelve already,”




Sylvia grinned. “You’re just a big softy, you do know that, don’t you?” she asked.




“I do.”




James rolled his eyes as his parents leaned in to share a kiss, and he started to make his way out of the room.




“James,” his mother called out. “Would you like to invite some of your friends over for the weekend?”




James grinned immediately. “Yeah! Thanks Mum!”


*








Remus was still gazing around James’s enormous house in wonder. Sirius didn’t look entirely impressed, as his house was similar in size, and Peter wasn’t there, he was on holiday in Switzerland.




“Can we all have a go on your new broom James?” he asked hopefully.




James nodded. “Okay, but I would’ve thought that you would want to explore some of the passageway first…” he trailed off. “But, if you don’t want to of cour-“




“YOU HAVE SECRET PASSAGEWAYS?!” Sirius screeched. James winced, and Remus jumped.




“Yes, I do-“




“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!”




“Alright!”




“Wait you two, haven’t we had enough experience with passageways to last a lifetime?”




“Oh don’t be such a spoilsport Remus; I know for a fact that all of these passages are safe! Besides, my parents are here, they’ll be able to help us if anything does go wrong!”




Remus still didn’t look convinced. “Well, Okay,” he relented finally. “We’ll tell your parents, and then if they think it’s safe, we’ll go.”




James and Sirius stared at him for a minute, and then they both burst out into hysterical laughter.




Finally James managed to choke out an answer. “Are you kidding? We can’t tell my parents we’re going in a passageway, they’d go crazy!”





*






James stood proudly while Remus and Sirius stared in awe around the outdoor-underground room.




“So Remus, are you still annoyed that I brought you?” James asked.




Remus shook his head, still unable to believe what he was seeing.




Instead of ground above his head, there was simply a clear blue sky, and though no sun shone, the entire room was filled with light.




Not far away from where the boys stood, there was a majestic waterfall, with crystal clear water tumbling over the edge into a large pool of bright blue water.




Green grass covered the ground, and trees were scattered occasionally, bearing fruit of all kinds, under one of which, two unicorns grazed lazily.




The three boys were given the illusion of never ending space, as the grass seemed to go on forever.




Sirius turned to James. “How the hell did you do this?” he asked in wonder.




James laughed. “Oh, it took me awhile but I figured it out, I told you I was smart. It’s pretty good magic for a guy who’s only just turned twelve, huh?”




Remus’ jaw dropped even further, and James laughed.




“I can’t believe you two believed me!” he giggled. “Nah, this thing has been here ever since my great-great-great-great-great and greater still grandparents built this house. And Remus, I was only joking before, we are allowed down here.”




Remus and Sirius glanced at each other, and then they simultaneously tackled James to the ground.





*






James lay in his bed, troubled. In the bed next to him, Sirius snored loudly.




“Remus?” he hopefully spoke into the darkness.




“Yeah?”




James took a deep breath. "I know this may come as a shock to you, but I really like Lily. A lot.”




“I know,” responded Remus.




James was startled. “You do?”




“Yes, it’s pretty obvious. Now, was that all?”




“No… Last term, Calista told me that Lily had said all of these horrible things about me, and I’m really not sure whether to believe her or not,” James moaned.




Remus was silent for a moment. “Have you tried asking Lily her side of the story?” he asked.




“No, I didn’t think that she’d tell me if she did.”




“Well James, this is just my opinion, but so far we’ve known both Lily and Calista. From what we know, Lily is a caring, sweet and nice person, and Calista is an overly-jealous, short-tempered she-beast. Think about that, and then tell me whether you are going to believe her or not.”




James smiled into the darkness. “Thanks Remus.”




“Anytime.”






Ok, That's the first year!!! Everyone proud of me?? Alright, this challenge will have no winner, simply answer this questions please : What has been your fav chapter so far and why? Believe it or not, That is an incredibly useful thing for me to know!! Thanks and cya!!






Second Year: Everything's Changing by harry_potter_star
Disclaimer “ I don’t own anything Harry Potter. Or that song come to think of it...


Went back home again,
this sucks, gotta pack up and leave again
Say goodbye to all my friends,
can't say when i'll be there again
It's time now to turn aroud
Turn my back on everything
Turn my back on everything



Everythings changin' when i turn around,
all out of my control,
i'm a mobile
Everythings changin' when i turn around,
all out of my control,
i'm a mobile.


Mobile - Avril Lavigne






“It’s so good to be going back to school!” exclaimed Lily, sinking into her seat in their compartment. Her friends laughed.



“Lily, I think you’re the only person in the school who is actually glad to be going back to work, dramas, and fights,” Roxanna laughed.



Lily shrugged. “I don’t think of it like that…more like fun, social, and getting away from Petunia.”



“Well, Calista might like it as well; she’s been looking forward to seeing James again,” said Thaliana, grimacing.



Lily looked confused. “But how do you know that if you aren’t speaking to her? For all you know, she may hate James,” she reasoned.



Thaliana grinned maliciously. “Oh, I can tell; it’s not everyday my twin sister starts dancing around the room to a James Potter theme song she made up.”



The other girls grew wide-eyed.



“No way!” shrieked Lily. “How does it go?”



Thaliana stood up. “Something like this,” she said.



Lily watched in delight as Thaliana began to dance around the compartment, singing in an operatic voice.



“Oh James, you rock, I love you ‘till the end. The love, in my heart, is a thing I cannot mend. We are, a match, made in heaven so you see; James Potter, you are, the only one for m-“



Thaliana broke off as the compartment door slid open, and Sirius, Remus and Peter entered, looking highly amused.



“Have you seen James?” asked Remus, who was fighting the urge to burst out laughing.



“How much did you hear?” hissed Thaliana, a warning note to her voice.



“Enough,” grinned Peter.



“Oh James, you rock, la-la-la-la-la-la… Do I get a song?” asked Sirius hopefully.



“That wasn’t my song, it was Calista’s!” Thaliana protested feebly.



Sirius nodded seriously. “Oh yes, Thali, I’m sure it was. But we’re off topic. Have any of you seen James?” he asked.



The girls shook their heads, and Lily frowned. “Why, what’s the matter? ” she asked, sounding concerned.



The boys looked stumped. “We don’t know,” explained Remus. “One minute we were all sitting there, and the next, he had jumped up and practically ran out of the compartment.”



Jada looked puzzled. “That’s not like James,” she mused worriedly.



“Yeah, we know that, or we would have just stayed and waited for him.” Peter rolled his eyes at Jada, who glared stonily back at him.



“I hope nothings wrong,” murmured Lily. Sirius and Remus grinned at her knowingly, and exited the compartment.



Thaliana looked at Lily. “Settle down, it’s probably nothing,” she reasoned. “Merlin, the way you’re carrying on, you would think that you love him or something!”



Roxanna, Jada, and Lily all turned to look at her disbelievingly.



“What?” asked Thaliana, studying their faces nervously.



“Um, Thali, she sort of...does,” Jada told her, twirling a strand of hair around her finger.



Thaliana looked blank for a minute, and then understanding dawned on her face.



“Not…James- how long- and that means- AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME?!” she screeched, jumping out of her seat in outrage.



Lily shrugged. “You didn’t ask.”



Thaliana slumped back down in her seat, her arms folded, and muttering something about asking stupid questions.




*





Lily sat, glumly eating dinner, unable to possibly believe what she was seeing.



Just a few seats away from her, across the table, James was sitting with his arm wrapped around Calista, who had come for yet another visit from the Slytherin table.



Jada seemed to have no appetite either, and Thaliana and Roxanna were in a heated conversation about different ways to slip poison into Calista’s pumpkin juice.



“How did it happen?” Lily whispered to Jada mournfully, as James lent forward and kissed Calista lightly on the cheek.



Jada shook her head. “I have no idea, but that sight is going to haunt my nightmares for the rest of my life.”



Next to James, Sirius looked to be on the point of throwing up, and Remus looked around to catch Lily’s eye.



He looked easily as bewildered as Lily felt, and what’s more, he looked infuriatingly sympathetic.



He doesn’t have to feel sorry for me, it’s James he needs to sympathize with, Lily thought, purposely looking away from James, who was happily chatting to a very jealous looking Peter.



Imagine how awkward it would have been if I had asked him out? I can’t believe how stupid I was to believe he liked me.



The reality of the situation had sunken in. Lily remembered the smug look that Calista had given her when she and James had walked into the Great Hall, hand in hand.



It was as if she was saying, ‘I won, you should have known better than to mess with me.’



Lily felt tears well up in her eyes, but then she suddenly set her face determinedly.



You haven’t won yet Calista; this war has only just begun. I am a Gryffindor, and Gryffindors don’t give up.



They fight.





*






Lily stared at the back of James’s head throughout the first Transfiguration lesson of the term.



This didn’t really matter, as they were only reviewing what they had already learnt, and many of the students had already lost interest.



James, Remus and Sirius were having a heated conversation, which Peter strained to listen in on. Sirius gave a curt nod, and the four of them straightened up innocently.



James got out his wand and lightly tapped a spare piece of parchment. The light brown parchment folded itself into a paper plane, and zoomed across the room.



Professor McGonagall, stiffened, sensing something, and spun around.



The plane hit her square in the face and exploded on impact, sending golden stars into the air with a terrible BANG!



McGonagall stumbled backwards, clutching at her heart and gasping in shock.



The class laughed, including Lily, even though she knew that James was going to get into a lot of trouble; anything to liven up the terrible boredom of being back to school was welcome.



Professor McGonagall had an amazing way of being able to pinpoint the culprit of any disruption, and she would always prove that she was right by the use of a simple spell revealing charm.



Then again, did she even care? James had hurt her a lot by going out with her enemy.



No matter what he did, he is still your friend, and friends don’t desert each other. She decided. Still, a little voice inside her head was nagging at her.



Well, if James is your friend then why did he desert you for Calista? It asked bitterly.



Lily ignored the voice, and hissed James’s name softly.



James turned around slowly, so to attract as little attention as possible. Lily held out her wand.



“Swap wands with me, quickly,” she whispered insistently.



James looked confused for a moment, and then comprehension dawned over his face.


Keeping their hands under the table, the two of them subtly swapped wands.



As their hands brushed against each other’s, Lily shivered slightly.



Lily looked back towards the front of the classroom, where Professor McGonagall was fuming, her anger at the prank doubled by the shock of having a piece of parchment explode in her face.



“James Potter,” she growled her voice dangerously low. “Give me your wand, NOW!”



James stood up calmly, the picture of innocence. He handed Lily’s wand to the teacher, and she snatched it out of his grasp.



“Prior Incantato,” she said, pointing the wand at a piece of parchment lying on her desk. The paper lifted off the table and hovered.



Anyone could see that it was the Wingardium Leviosa charm, and Professor McGonagall looked embarrassed.



“Finite Incantatum,” she said, and the paper fluttered back down to the desk.



“You have my apologies, Mr. Potter. Please return to your seat.”



James almost skipped back to his seat, grinning at Sirius and shooting a grateful look at Lily. Lily smiled back at him flirtatiously.



Take that Calista, she thought venomously.




*





James sprinted into the Gryffindor Common room, followed by Sirius.



It was several days after the first Transfiguration lesson, and James hadn’t been paying any extra attention to Lily at all.



Remus looked up from where he was tutoring Peter.



“Did you get in James?” he asked hopefully.



“Yes! You’re looking at one of the new Gryffindor Chasers!” James cried, pumping his fist into the air victoriusly.



Lily jumped up. “Oh, James that’s wonderful!” she cried. “The team can’t lose with you on it!”



It was true; James was the best flyer that Lily had ever seen, on their first flying lesson,



Madame Jerrah had been thrilled, though she was quite old, and had seen many flyers in her time as a flying instructor. She had even used to coach professional Quidditch players, before she took up the position at Hogwarts.



James’s eyes lit up. “Yeah, that’s what Calista said before I went out- Hey, that reminds me! I’ve still got to tell her I got in!”



And with that, James ran out of the room, leaving Lily feeling very defeated, so she sat down on one of the armchairs near the unlit fireplace.



Someone sat down next to her. Lily looked up, expecting to see Jada, Thaliana or Roxanna.



Instead, she saw a handsome boy, with light brown hair, chocolate brown eyes and a sympathetic look about him.



It was Robert.



“Are you alright?” he asked gently. Lily smiled softly and shrugged in a seemingly offhanded sort of way.



“I know that you like him,” he said, smiling knowingly.



Lily threw her hands up. “How does everyone know that?” she cried out in frustration.



Robert shrugged. “It’s pretty obvious. Look, don’t worry about him. If he can’t see what a beautiful girl you are, then that’s his problem. He’s not good enough for you if he’s going to go out with Calista rather than you.”



Lily blushed and smiled at him; this was a much different conversation then she would be holding with any other boys. Robert was acting much more mature than most of them.

“Thanks, but that doesn’t change how much I like him,” she sighed.



“Maybe you just need some space from him for awhile,” suggested Robert offhandedly. “You never know what good that might do.”



Lily considered this, and then shrugged; it didn’t look like she had much choice.



“Ok, I’ll try it. Thanks for talking,” she said, trying to sound grateful, though she wasn’t exactly in the mood.



Robert smiled. “Glad I could help,” he said sincerely.



This chapters review challenge is : What the bluddy hell is James thinking? AKA what is James's reason for going out with Calista? eg: He loves her, He's trying to make Lily jealous, He's being blackmailed into it, Calista's the child of a death eater and her mum is imperiusing james to go out awith Calista so it wont look suspicious when he visits Calista in the holidays so Voldemort can swoop down and kill him!! Hey, it could happen!

Mixed Feelings by harry_potter_star
Chapter Ten “ Mixed Feelings


James sat at the table, staring at his plate of food. He was anything but hungry.



On his left, Sirius was eagerly wolfing down his breakfast as if he hadn’t eaten in weeks, and Remus was staring fixedly across the table at the girls.



James glanced over at them as well.



Thaliana was pouring melted chocolate over a toast tepee, which she had made out of toast triangles stacked against each other. This was a habit that she had started the year before, and she hadn’t failed to keep it up once.



Next to her, Lily was talking with Robert, smiling broadly at him and resting her head on his shoulder occasionally, glancing hopefully over at James.



James found that he wasn’t the least bit bothered by this, and he turned his attention to the Slytherin table. There, the most beautiful girl in Hogwarts sat, delicately picking at her bowl of porridge mixed with strawberry jam.



Calista’s hair was in a pollyanna, which, James noticed, suited her face perfectly. Of course, any and every hairstyle seemed to suit Calista.



Calista was wearing black eyeliner and rose pink lip-gloss, and James marveled at the fact that he had never noticed how pretty she was before that term, when Calista had come into their compartment to say hello.



Not long after, he had known Calista was the only one for him.



Lily was nothing compared to her; who wanted dark red hair compared to silky blonde hair, or blindingly bright green eyes compared to deep brown ones? Dark brown eyes that you could get lost in…



He glanced across the table at Lily again, and was surprised to see how plain she was. What on Earth did Robert see in her?



Lily batted her eyelashes at Robert playfully and he laughed.



Poor thing, James thought sympathetically. He is stuck with Lily while I get Calista. Well, I’m not surprised that I get the better one with my good looks. Still…



Despite these thoughts, James felt strange looking at the two of them sitting closely together. It wasn’t jealousy; he loved Calista. But somewhere, deep down, he knew he didn’t like the sight.



At all.



*




The sound of the whistle rang in James ears, and he kicked off of the ground, a feeling of exhilaration rushing through him.



It was his first ever Quidditch match, and he had never felt as excited as he did now. James looked around at the surrounding students on brooms, flying around in a frantic blur.



Instinctively, James knew what to do. Flying was in his blood, it was part of him. Every Potter, girl and boy, had been talented in any type of broomstick riding.



He flew forward fast, and his black hair whipped backwards off his face.



Concentrate, he told himself sternly. First impressions mean everything. This is your chance to show everyone that you belong on this team; you can do it.



As they neared the goals, Alanah Taliban, one of James seventh year fellow Chasers, and Quidditch captain, passed James the Quaffle.



James dodged an opposing Hufflepuff player, fixed his eyes on the left goalpost, and threw the Quaffle hard.



Oliver Manning, the Hufflepuff keeper, made a mad dive for the ball, but missed, his fingers only brushing it.



James punched his fist into the air in exhilarated triumph, and grinned at his friends.



All around them, the Gryffindor section burst into applause, and Sirius and Remus jumped up, giving each other enthusiastic high fives.



Peter screamed out James’s name in a continuous chant, and Lily and Robert hugged each other.



James turned around to grin at Alanah. She beamed at him proudly. James knew that she could easily have scored, but instead she had given James the honor of scoring the first goal of the term.



The rest of the game went the same, with James scoring many goals. He played aggressively, though not violently, and the Hufflepuffs quickly learnt to stay out of his way when he flew.



They had been playing for an hour and a half, and James felt as if he wouldn’t care if the snitch was never caught.



Gryffindor were leading Hufflepuff 220 “ 40. James stopped flying for a quick rest, and realized for the first time, that Claire Bouver, who was actually interested in Quidditch, not how windswept the player’s hair got, had replaced Chantal.



“Gryffindors’ new chaser, Potter, seems to be an excellent asset to the team; he’s easily one of the best players I have seen at his age. I expect we’ll see a lot from him.” Claire spoke, an official sound to her voice.



James tuned out and began to fly again, not without a pleased look on his face.



Cody Junkher was flying at full speed towards the goalposts, and a very nervous looking Jaslyn Orrick, the newest Gryffindor keeper.



James put on a burst of speed and sharply cut Junkher off. Junkher wasn’t expecting this at all, and he dropped the Quaffle in surprise.



James quickly grabbed it, smiled angelically at Junkher, and sped off down to the other end of the pitch.



He dodged Shi Chang and passed the Quaffle to Byron Justin. Byron scored seconds before the whistle blew shrilly.



Claire’s victorious voice filled the stadium.



“Logan Koror has caught the snitch; Gryffindor win the first game of the season!”



The Gryffindors cheered joyfully, jumping up and down and screaming with all of their might. Alanah gave the signal to the Gryffindor team, and they formed a line.



Flying up towards the sky, they did a somersault one by one, and performed a spectacular dive back towards the ground, pulling up only feet away from hitting it.



Alanah was big on the appearance on the team, and had spent an entire practice teaching them that in case of victory.



As the team landed on the ground, James sprinted towards Sirius, Remus and Peter, and he was immediately met with high fives and congratulatory punches, not only from his three best friends, but also from many Gryffindor students.



Calista ran towards James and threw herself into his arms. “You were great!” She cried.



“Thanks,” he replied, feeling better than ever had before.



Lily passed him, walking closely with Robert. As she saw James and Calista, she deliberately slowed down to smirk at James.



Calista wrapped her arms very tightly around James, choking him. As James gagged, she tossed her head on the side.



“Oh James, you were fantastic out there!” she gushed loudly, glancing in Lily’s direction.



Lily’s emerald green eyes clouded over, and she reacted quickly.



“You know Robert,” she started, raising her voice. “You really are a good flyer, I admire that. If Gryffindor had you on the team, THEY WOULD HAVE WON BY 500 POINTS!” Lily screamed the last bit, looking pointedly at Calista and James.



Calista abandoned all pretence and turned on Lily.



“ROBERT, UNLIKE JAMES, WOULDN’T HAVE LASTED MORE THAN TWO MINUTES!” she screamed at the top of her lungs, causing several people to turn around to see what the matter was.



“ROBERT COULD BEAT JAMES AT ANYTHING, ANYDAY!” bellowed Lily, storming off, dragging Robert by the wrist, closely followed by Jada, Thaliana and Roxanna.



James turned to look at Sirius, bewildered. Sirius however, looked amused.



“Looks like you’ve got a big year ahead of you mate,” he mused, still watching Lily’s retreating figure.




*





James sat in a chair beside the roaring fire in the Gryffindor Common Room.
He yawned widely, almost asleep, as he lazily surveyed the scene in front of him.



Lily, Jada, Thaliana and Roxanna were sitting in a tight circle, gossiping. Nearby was Robert, playing exploding snap with Charlie Patman.



Peter and Sirius were watching, and they made a very good audience, enthusiastically cheering every time he heard an explosion.



It wasn’t long before James realized something was wrong.



“Oi, Sirius,” he called out to his friend. “Where’s Remus?”



Sirius tore his attention away from the game somewhat reluctantly. “He’s visiting his Mum,” he informed James.



“Again?” demanded James. “He’s visited her at least a thousand times!”



Sirius nodded, and then shrugged, returning to the game.



James was too exhausted to argue, so he simply closed his eyes and rested his head against his arm.










Lily sat in the chair in front of James, lost in thought. She felt so torn between two feelings that were very similar, yet different.



She still liked James as much as ever, and seeing him with Calista made her blood boil.



Just watching Calista throw herself all over him made her want to hurt her in every way possible.



Now though, there was something knew, as if destiny was determined to make her love life as confusing as possible.



The something, of course, was Robert. Lily was discovering new feelings for him lately. Robert was so unlike other boys, he was considerate, sensitive and mature. Not to mention hot as anything.



But then, if Robert was different from other boys, then James was a species of his own. There was something about him, so many hidden feelings.



Lily saw a part of him he didn’t like to show; a vulnerable, sometimes scared, insecure part of James that no-one else seemed to recognize. On top of all that, he seemed to excel at everything.



He was a natural born Quidditch star, that much he had made obvious that day. He was top of the class in almost all lessons, yet he seemed to put in no effort at all. He was mischievous, cheeky, and brave.



The only thing was, he liked another girl, and she already knew that Robert liked her a lot, and wanted to be more than just friends.



Why did she still want James then?



Lily shook her head, as if to clear her mind of all this confusion. Instead, she looked across at James, who was sleeping innocently and silently, without even snoring.



She choked back a sob that seemed to come of its own accord. Why did he have to like Calista? Calista didn’t deserve him, not James, not anyone.


Lily rose from her seat slowly, and tiptoed over to James’s sleeping figure.



She hesitated, biting her lip, and then she walked up to him. She gently removed his glasses, taking care not to wake him, and brushed his soft dark hair out of his eyes.



James stirred slightly, and Lily held her breath, but James remained sleeping.



“Goodnight James,” Lily whispered, and she could have sworn that, just for a second, James smiled in his sleep.

Review challenge!! My favourite part!! Ok, um... If you could change one thing about this story, and you would die if you didn't change one thing, then what would you change and why?? If you accept this challenge, you must say something, and saying, "there's nothing wrong with this story" is counted as facing a penalty of DEATH!! mwahahahaha!

Great Danger by harry_potter_star
Chapter 11 “ Great Danger



disclaimer - I don't own anything Harry Potter



Lily looked up as James ran towards her, an urgent look on his face. “Lily,” he said in a low voice. “I’ve got to talk to you!”



“Sure,” said Lily, surprised, not moving from her comfortable seat in the Gryffindor Common Room.



James cleared his throat. “Alone,” he whispered, nodding slightly towards Thaliana, Roxanna and Jada.



Roxanna wolf-whistled under her breath, just loud enough for Lily to hear.



Lily felt her face turning red, and felt furious with herself for not being able to stop it.



She allowed herself to be pulled way from her friends and into a corner, shooting Jada an excited glance.



James took a small step towards Lily, and felt a thrill run through her body.



James spoke softly. “Lily, I want to tell you something, but you need to promise to keep it a secret.”



Lily tilted her head to one side. “Depends what it is,” she reasoned slowly.



After all, if James was going to suggest having a secret relationship, it would take more than a promise to prevent her from telling Jada.



Roxanna probably wouldn’t be able to keep it a secret for long enough, and Thaliana would try to talk her out of it. If there was one thing Thali hated, it was lies.



“Well,” he grinned slightly and Lily felt that she was going to die from anticipation.



“It’s Calista’s 13th birthday tomorrow, and I want to surprise her somehow. You’re a girl, so do you know what I should do?”

Lily’s jaw dropped and she stared at him wordlessly. James looked slightly uncomfortable. “Lily?” he asked cautiously.



“I. Don’t. BELIEVE YOU!” she screamed at him. “You are an insensitive creep! You have no feelings AT ALL! I don’t care what you do for her! Do whatever you want! Buy her a locket with your initials on it! Stay up all night and decorate the Great Hall! Make her a birthday cake higher than a Christmas tree! I DON’T CARE! I. GIVE. UP!”



With that, Lily stormed out of the Common room. Thaliana, Roxanna and Jada all gave James an accusing look and ran after her.



Sirius, Remus and Peter ran up. “What the hell did you say to her James?” demanded Sirius.



“I just asked what I should get Calista for her birthday,” said James, bewildered.



Remus shook his head. “Listen, I’m going for a walk,” he said. “I don’t care what the weather is; being inside is driving people crazy.”



James nodded. “I’d come with you, but I have to organise Calista’s birthday present, I’ve left it to the last minute,” he said apologetically.



He turned to Sirius and Peter. “You guys are going to help me… right? I’m too young to face this alone!” he cried dramatically.



Sirius rolled his eyes. “We’ll help you if we must,” he relented.



James smiled, satisfied, and Remus strode out of the room, thankful for a chance to get some peace.








Remus strolled slowly around the grounds, thinking. What could possibly be the matter with James?



Whatever James said that he had said, it had obviously upset Lily, and Remus had never seen Lily lose her temper like that at anyone but Calista.



It seems like everyone has been put under a spell or something, he contemplated. Nothing is what it used to be.



He racked his brains for an explanation for the weird behaviour of his friends. Suddenly, something occurred to him.



But that would only work if…Hold on, she mentioned that…And then that would mean… But how did she… that had to be it!!



Remus’s thoughts were busy as he walked, but suddenly he found himself on the ground. He had been knocked over by the earth beneath him moving abruptly.



Remus didn’t have time to cry out before he felt a sickening feeling in his stomach, as the ground beneath him was there no more.










Lily sat down on her bed, surrounded by her friends, who were each doing their best to comfort her.



“He’s not worth it Lily, you must see that!” Thaliana cried indignantly. “If he thinks he’s going to treat one of my friends like that-”



“How insensitive, what a jerk, how could he do that? Boys are dumb, and rude, and obnoxious…” Roxanna started to list angrily.



“-I can always jinx him Lily, should I do that? I think I should, I know this good one where-”



“-and stupid, and mean, and, um….rude, and not even slightly good looking-”



“-and then their noses turn bright purple, James would hate that, he’s so vain!” finished Thaliana, triumphantly.



“-and rude!” Roxanna finished, punctuating her statement with a fierce nod of her head.



Lily smiled a little at her friends efforts, but turned towards Jada, who had remained silent, lost in thought.



Finally, she said, “I’m not sure that what James said was to hurt you Lily. What I think, is that James is playing a game with you.”



Lily raised an eyebrow; she had been hoping for Jada to come out with some abuse towards James.



“A game?”



Jada nodded vigorously. “Yes, you know, like he’s trying to make you jealous or something…”



Lily threw her hands up in the air impatiently. “Well, what is the point in that?” she demanded. “It’s pretty obvious that I like him!”



Jada rolled her eyes. “Obvious to a normal human being maybe. James on the other hand…”



Thaliana looked outraged.



“Well, what did he go and do that for? All that will do is raise Callie’s ego. Even when we were little, it was ‘Thali, it’s funny, we’re identical twins, but I’m prettier! Even my name means “Most beautiful”’



“Maybe he really does like Calista,” Roxanna added, unhelpfully.



This, funnily enough, didn’t make Thaliana the least bit happier.



“Well, maybe-” Lily started to say, but she stopped, looking outside.



Down below, on the grounds, the ground seemed to be moving. The trees were rising and falling as if floating on the ocean, and the puddles of water were moving around on the changing slopes of the Earth.



Lily gasped as suddenly, near a tree, a large crack appeared in the Earth and moved quickly and unrelentingly, sucking trees, bushes, and mud into it’s crevice.



Then all was still again.



Lily and her friends sat gaping, speechless; this was easily one of the weirdest things that had happened; the Earth didn’t just split open!



“What. The. Hellwasthat?” cried Roxanna, her voice shaking.



“I have no idea… It looked like an earthquake, but there was no shaking!” Lily muttered, confused.



Professor McGonagall’s voice rang out though the school, magnified by magic.



“EVERYONE IS TO STAY INSIDE THE SCHOOL BUILDING, I REPEAT, EVERYONE IS TO STAY INSIDE THE SCHOOL BUILDING! ANYONE WHO IS CAUGHT OUTSIDE WILL BE PUNISHED! EVERYONE IS TO REPORT TO THEIR OWN COMMON ROOMS IMMEDIATELY!”



Without speaking, the girls simultaneously jumped off of their beds and ran to the Common Room.



When they arrived, the place was in an uproar.



Students were running around madly, trying to find out what was the matter; most weren’t even aware that something was wrong until the announcement came.



Jada spotted James and Sirius, and she sprinted up to them, followed by Lily, Thaliana and Roxanna.



Peter caught up to the two boys, his face deathly white. “I couldn’t find him, he never came back in!” he panted.



“Oh Merlin,” James murmured.



“What’s happening?” demanded Roxanna.



James looked grim. “From what I’ve heard, there was an earthquake. We didn’t feel it, because the castle is protected against them. It only hit the outside. We’re being kept in in case of an aftershock.”



Thaliana looked immensely relieved. “Well, that’s good; at least no-one got hurt.”



Sirius looked stricken. “We hope… Remus was outside when it happened!”



Lily almost choked. “What?’ she shrieked.



“Well, at least we think he is,” James told the girls. “That’s the last place we saw him.”



“Have you tried talking to a teacher?” Thaliana suggested.



Sirius shook his head. “There are none about,” he informed her.



“Well, we’ll see if we can find-” Roxanna started, but she was instantly cut off by James.



“We can’t do that, what if Remus is in serious trouble?” he protested angrily.



Jada set her face. “Well, we’ll just have to find him then, won’t we?” she said simply.




Ok, review challenge, review challenge *rustles through paperwork* AHAH! *finds it* Um, Ok... Ahem. what has been your favourite scene in this story and why? eg: James and Lily playing in the snow, Caliata and Lily's shouting match, When James almost drowned, any other scene ya liked etc... come on people, reviewing is an art form!! In other words, accept the challenge, don't just go yeah cool story, coz while that's flattering, it isnt very useful... I know, I can't always talk, my reviews often suck!! hey, I'm a learner!








Rescue Mission by harry_potter_star
Great Danger Part Two

Disclaimer - I don't own anything Harry Potter.





“Ok, here’s what we’ll do. Peter and Thaliana-”





“It’s Thali,” Thaliana interrupted James, folding her arms. James shot
her a sour look.





“Ok, Peter and Thali, you take the first floor and work your way upwards; we’re not sure if Remus was actually outside when the earthquake hit. I’m going to go outside with Sirius. Jada, you pair up with-”





Now it was Jada’s turn to be indignant. “I’m not staying in here!” she protested. “Remus could be in trouble!”






James tried to look patient. “That is why me and Sirius are going outside to find him,” he explained slowly and patronizingly, as if to a three year old.





“You have no chance of finding him without a girl there!” Jada cried.





James looked outraged. “You? You would just mess things up!”





Jada stared at him, and she seemed to be fighting the urge to cry. James
began to look uncomfortable; he didn’t want to be responsible for two girls
getting upset in one day.





“But Jada, wouldn’t you rather…?”





“No. I wouldn’t rather.” Jada replied stubbornly.





James saw that he was fighting a losing battle; when Jada actually stood up
for herself, she saw to it that she got her way.





“Ok, you can come with me. Sirius, you pair up with Roxanna. Lily…you can, um…” Lily was staring at him fiercely.





The group was interrupted by Robert, who had fought his way through the crowd to them.





“Are you all alright?” he demanded.





Lily smiled despite herself. “Yes, we are. Remus on the other hand…”




“Is missing,” James interrupted her. “And we need to find him now.”





“Ok then, Robert and I will go together,” Lily decided.





“I haven’t said you can yet,” James protested.





“Who put you in charge? I don’t actually care what you say I can or can’t do James Potter,” Lily growled.





James was getting very impatient. ‘Ok, fine. Everyone ignore me and do what you want!”





“Ok then, lets go!” Jada urged.













“Remus!” Peter called down the empty passageways, his voice echoing repeatedly.





Thaliana shoved him angrily. “Shut up, will you?” she hissed. “In case you’ve forgotten, we aren’t supposed to be out here!”





Peter rolled his eyes. “Well, how the hell are we supposed to find him?” he demanded.





“Peter, can you see me?” asked Thaliana suddenly, sounding worried.





“Of course,” Peter replied, confused by the sudden question.





Thaliana looked skeptical. “How many fingers am I holding up?” she questioned, holing up three fingers.





“Three,” Peter answered, raising an eyebrow.




“Hmm,” Thaliana pretended to be deeply immersed in thought. “So your eyes are in perfect working order?”





“Yes, obviously!” Peter was starting to get impatient.





“Ok then, well I suggest you use them. After all, that’s why we were given them.”





Peter looked sulky. “But I am using them,” he protested.












“Get behind this tree!” James ordered, pulling Jada away from the light.





Jada looked up to see Pringle, the caretaker, glance suspiciously out of the window.





“What will happen if he catches us?” Jada whispered to James worriedly.





James shrugged offhandedly. “Who knows? Whipped if we’re lucky…”





“Lucky?!” Jada cried.




“Well, there’s a boy I know in his fourth year who was left for a night or two hanging by his wrists. You know; Todd Caster, the guy I live next-door to?”





Jada nodded, shuddering.





“He’s still got the marks,” James told his cousin, who was looking slightly sick.





“Of course, if you don’t want any of that to happen to you, you can go inside and swap with Sirius…” James mentioned casually.





”Oh, so that’s what you want is it?” Jada reared up again. “Well you can think again James. Honestly, you’d think it was Sirius you grew up with and knew all of your life and not me!”





James had the grace to look a little ashamed, and kept quiet for awhile.












“You don’t think he could be in the girls dormitories, do you?” Sirius suggested.





Roxanna flipped around to face him. “Ok, first of all, no. Second: Sirius, that’s totally perverted! Third: why the hell would he be in there? Fourth: you just want to go up there don’t you?”





Sirius concentrated. “First of all, why not? Second: no it’s not! There’s no one up there! Third: use your imagination. Fourth: maybe.”





Roxanna laughed. “Um… First: do you really want to see? Second: yes it is. Third: it’s still perverted! Fourth: yuck-that-is-disgusting-and-wrong!”





Sirius rolled his eyes playfully. “First: yes. I can’t be bothered answering the rest.”





“Ok, if you insist…” Roxanna relented.












“Where could he be?” Lily was on breaking point. She and Robert had searched everywhere they could think of, and still he was nowhere to be found.





“I’m sure he’s fine,” Robert comforted her.





“But what if he’s not?” she cried, on the verge of panicking.





“Lily, I’m sure he is, you don’t need to-”





“We need to find him!” Lily muttered, pacing back and forth.





“What, do you like him or something?” Robert demanded with a slight edge to his voice.





Lily turned around. “Why would you care?” she asked slyly.





Robert turned a shade of red. “I wouldn’t, at all. I’d be glad for you. Really, I w-”





He cut himself off, staring at a point behind Lily with round eyes.





“That door wasn’t there before,” he said, backing away slightly.





“What door?” asked Lily, turning around to be face to face with a large wooden door.





“Ok, that’s a little weird…” she trailed off.





”Are you going to go in?” asked Robert, taking a cautious step forward.





“Alright,” she said, cautiously reaching out to grab the bronze handle.












“Remus?” Peter whispered, opening a door.





Thaliana was getting impatient. “Now Peter, why in the world would he be in there?”





“We need to cover all ground,” said Peter defensively.





“Whatever you say,” Thaliana rolled her eyes, and allowed Peter to lead her in the closet.





The door slammed shut behind them, and Thaliana flipped around.





“No…” she whispered, trying to wrench the door open. “It won’t open.”





“Oh well, someone will let us out,” Peter shrugged.



“But, that could take awhile, and I’ll be stuck in here...with you!”





“Count yourself lucky!” Peter smiled.





Thaliana’s horrified shriek filled the halls of the castle.












“So, why is everyone supposed to stay inside?” asked Jada.





James looked at her, surprised that she even had to ask.
“Well, to keep everyone in one place so they can check if we’re hurt, and to keep us safe if an aftershock comes,” he explained, casually.




“Ok, two things. One: what happens when they realize we’re not there? Two: what’s an aftershock?” Jada asked suspiciously.




“Well, we’re probably going to get caught, but if we do, I’d rather we get caught after Remus is safe. The teachers probably won’t believe us if we tell them, they’ll just act like they know everything like usual. An aftershock is the earthquake that sometimes comes after the first one.”




Jada stared at him disbelievingly, her mouth slightly open.










“Here it is,” Roxanna said, stepping out of Sirius’s way. He looked like a kid in a candy store.




Sirius took a step forward, and then hesitated. “Wait, why aren’t you going? Is there a trap?” he asked suspiciously.




“No, no trap,” Roxanna told him innocently. To prove her point, she ran up the stairs. Sirius waited till she had reached the top, and then, convinced, he followed her.




Sirius didn’t get very far before he found himself sliding backwards in a heap. He hit his head hard on the concrete below, and swore loudly at Roxanna.




Roxanna giggled, and came down the slide after him.




“Why the hell did you let me do that woman?” cried Sirius, struggling dramatically in his attempt to pull himself up.




“Because it was funny,” Roxanna giggled, helping him up.




Sirius muttered incoherent something about sick senses of humour.










Lily gasped as the door opened and revealed a room full of stuff. She walked forward slowly, taking in every item in the room.




There were telescopes, binoculars, atlases, maps, magnifying glasses, pads of paper and much more; pretty much everything you would need to find someone.




“Whoa,” Robert muttered as he entered the room behind her, carefully shutting the door.




“Look at this,” Lily gasped, holding up a map of the school. As it opened up, labeled dots moved around the page. On closer inspection, Lily realised that they represented students and teachers, moving around in swarms.




“Robert, come and look at this,” she murmured, studying the map, spellbound.




“That is so cool,” he breathed, leaning in close to her. Their heads touched, but neither of them did anything to stop it.




“This is the strangest room that I’ve ever seen,” Lily whispered, not knowing why she did so.




“A lot of strange things happen when I’m with you,” Robert laughed. He made it sound as an offhand remark, but Lily couldn’t help but wonder if there was something more behind it.




She smiled, and felt herself turning red. “You know, I don’t have a crush on Remus,” she said, watching his face carefully for a reaction.




“Oh really?” Robert asked.




Lily nodded. “Just so you know; I’d be a lot more worried if it were you out there.”




Robert couldn’t have smiled brighter or wider.










Remus held tightly with both hands to the crumbling edge of the newly made ravine. His shoes scraped against the edge of the damp earth, trying in vain to get a foothold.




His heart was pounding wildly, and his voice caught in his throat; he was too terrified to cry out for help.




Besides, he thought. Even if I could there would be no-one around to hear me.




Suddenly, the earth gave way, and he fell a foot or two, before grabbing onto a crevice in the sides of the cliff.




Here, he managed to lodge his shoes into the earth, which took a great weight off his hands.




Ok, think clearly. Just think of something, something, he told himself, trying to keep calm. But what could he do?










Roxanna led the way, past the many doorways, Sirius struggling to keep up.




“So, what did you hear again?” Sirius panted as he followed her.




“I swear I heard someone scream!” Roxanna called after him.




“Remus?” she cried out down the echoing halls.




“Roxy?” asked a hopeful voice. Roxanna paused.




“Thali?” she inquired, confused.




“Roxy, get me out of here! He’s driving me crazy!”




The voice came from the doorway Roxanna and Sirius had stopped in front of.




Roxanna pointed her wand at the door. “Alohamora!” she recited.




The door sprang open and Thaliana made a wild leap out of it, reminding Roxanna very much of a cat jumping out of water.




“Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!” she screamed.




She was closely followed by a sheepish looking Peter.




“Oh I will kill you Peter!” Thaliana screeched. “’Do you know any spells? Well we aren’t much help in here. How do we get out? Why don’t you know? Well you should know!”




Roxanna and Sirius exchanged nervous glances as Thaliana continued.




“Want to play a game? Why not, it will pass the time! What’s the matter Thali? Are you feeling sick?” Thaliana mimicked, with an insane look about her.




Roxanna stared at her for a moment. “Ok, let’s get you out of here Thali…” she decided, and she and Sirius led her away from the closet of doom.










“Remus?” called James, feeling a little sick. He was getting a very bad feeling. “Remus?” he tried again, his voice barely a whisper. “James, it’s all right,” Jada comforted him.




“No, it’s not! He’s not out here! We can’t find him! Anything could have happened to him!” James choked.




“James, I’m sure he-” Jada started to say, but she was interrupted by the best and worst thing they had heard all day.




“James? James is that you? Help!”




James and Jada took one look at each other and began to run wildly.










“Come on Robert, he’s not far from here!” Lily cried, sprinting forward as fast as she could go. “He’s right near those trees over there!”




They had quickly found Remus on the map before, and now they were hurrying to find him.




Lily let out a scream as the ground beneath her began to shake, and lift, catching her off guard. She went flying forwards, and crashed harshly into
the ground.




“Lily!” Robert cried, and he ran forward, battling against the rapidly moving Earth. He leapt towards her, and threw himself over her, using his body as a shield against anything that might fall against them.










“Remus, are you all right?” Jada called in a panicked voice down the black depths of the crack in the Earth.




“Yes, I will be if you can help me up!” Remus answered in a shaky voice.




“We can never reach him,” James realised, with a look of terror on his face.




”Hold onto me James, quick!” Jada instructed him, and she began to lower herself down into the gaping crevice.




James held tightly onto her waist, letting his cousin drop a little way down towards his friend.




“Can you reach him?” James demanded.




“Almost!” Jada called back.




Suddenly, the Earth moved again in a terrible aftershock.




James was thrown off balance, yet he somehow managed to hold onto Jada, even though her whole body up to her knees was inside the ravine.




Jada and Remus both let out screams of terror, and then everything went silent and still.



“REMUS!” James screamed.




”What?” asked Remus, panting. “Jada’s got me, hurry up and pull us out will you?”




James pulled backwards, struggling with the weight of his two friends, and he felt his grip slip a little.




“Jada, James, are you alright?” Lily’s voice demanded from somewhere behind James.




James was unable to answer, but Robert was suddenly beside him, helping him to pull. It wasn’t long before all four of them were safe on solid ground, and everyone began to fuss over Remus.




“I’m fine,” he told them all, though he couldn’t stop shaking.




“Promise me you’ll never go out for a walk in the middle of an earthquake again!” James pleaded.




Remus laughed and readily agreed.











“And then, we had to go back to the Common Room, because Pringle caught us out,” finished Roxanna. “His head almost exploded!”




Everyone laughed, just happy to be back in the safety of the Gryffindor Common room.




“Well, the aftershock happened right as James was dangling me down that hole, but just as Remus lost his grip, I grabbed his wrist, because James fell forward, giving me enough length.” Jada told the rest of them.




“And James was losing his grip just as Robert arrived. We came right after he’d finished ‘protecting me’ from the earthquake!” Lily laughed.




Robert shoved her. “Well, you’re alive, so obviously, it worked!” he reasoned. Lily laughed.




The eight of them were all in very good moods because they had gotten away with simply a lecture, once the teachers found out that they had saved Remus’s life.




Remus was up in the Hospital Wing, as Madame Pomfrey wanted to check him over for ‘signs of shock and severe trauma’.




“He’s just as fine as I was on the first day of school, when Sna- I mean, I fell in the lake. She seems to want to find something wrong! She always looks really disappointed when she doesn’t!” James joked, recovering from his slip up.




“Well she is fairly new, maybe she just wants to prove herself,” Lily reasoned.




“Oh, so you’re talking to me again?” asked James.




Lily set her face. “No,” she said simply, and left it at that.

Ok, I know I havent updated in awhile, so I'm going to add a little teaser for next chapter: The soon-to-be Marauders decide another prank is the way to brighten up the day, and we find out just how panicked a classroom can get...

Review Challenge, everyones favourite part! *chorus's of groans from readers* OK, this chapters challenge is : What (in your own opinion, lucky guesses come in big time here people) do you think it will take for James and Lily to be friends again, and how long it will take, eg: next chapter - year 7. The reviewers that are closest will appear in the making-up chapter's review challenge section. Have fun, hope you liked this chapter!!

Where There's Smoke, There's Fire... by harry_potter_star
Chapter 13 -Where there’s smoke, there’s fire






“James, ever since you started going out with Calista we’ve hardly done anything together!” Sirius complained one cold January morning.




“Well, what do you suggest we do, Sirius?” James asked, shifting his position in his chair.




Sirius looked surprised. “Um, I’m not sure. Something though…”




Remus looked thoughtful, then excited. “You know what today is, don’t you?” he asked excitedly.




“Um, Sunday?” asked Peter, looking at him strangely.




“No, January 16th!” Remus reminded him.




“And that is something worth mentioning… why?” asked Sirius.




“History of Magic… last month… You honestly don’t know what I‘m talking about do you?” he realized, a rejected look on his face.




When no answer came from his friends, Remus continued to explain.




“On the 25th of every month containing 31 days, the mermaids create a series of whirlpools in the lake, as a sign of respect for a really, really important King from ages ago. Professor Binns taught us about it last month. It’s supposed to be really good to see, and it only happens once every couple of months.”




Noticing his friends looked far from thrilled, he added casually. “Only we’re not supposed to go out there, it’s really dangerous, because if you were caught in one of them, you’d get sucked under the water and drown.”




“I’m in!”




“When can we go?”




“That’s so cool!”




*





“Wow, that’s fantastic, I wonder what will happen if I…” James punctuated his sentence by throwing a twig into the water below him.




The twig floated for a second, then as if sucked up by a humungous vacuum cleaner, it was sucked away and into one of the enormous whirlpools, spinning around a few times before disappearing forever under the water.




From their safety up on the rock buildup beside the lake, the boys all felt a thrill of fear rush through them; the thought of being that close to something that dangerous was incredible.




The feeling reminded James of something that he couldn’t quite put his finger on, and he soon began lost in thought trying to pinpoint it.




“James, what’s the matter?” Sirius asked.




James looked up from his trance. “Sirius, what do you like about this?” he asked solemnly.




Sirius was taken aback by such an odd question. “Um… It’s pretty cool, I mean, um… I like feeling a little in danger, without the whole part that usually comes with danger, like incredible pain or extreme terror…”




Peter had to stifle a laugh at the uncomfortable look on Sirius’s face.




“Exactly!” James exclaimed. “Peter, if you saw thick black smoke, would you panic?”




Peter looked as bewildered as Sirius had. “Um, yeah a little bit, but until I saw a fire I wouldn’t get too hysterical…”




“What about if you did see flames?” James asked.




“I would probably do my best to help or get out of the way,” Peter told him.




“Oh sure, more likely you’d be out there running around like a headless chicken!” Sirius laughed.




“Ok, that gives me an idea then,” James informed them.




“What?”




James told the rest of his friends his plan, proudly.




The others nodded slowly, though Remus looked a little skeptical.




“But, we might get into a lot of trouble if we’re caught!” he argued.




“We won’t get caught,” said Sirius confidently.










Jada rested her head on her arms impatiently. Why is it that History of Magic always seems to go three times longer than any other class? she thought glumly.




She glanced to her right at Lily, whose head was dangerously close to her desk, and further along at Thaliana who had gone as far as to begin banging her head against her desk for sheer amusement.




Roxanna was snoring softly, her hair falling over her face in a frizzy mess.




Something to her left caught Jada’s eye though, and she looked up drowsily.




Seeping under the crack under the enormous doorway, was thick black-




Jada’s arm shot up in the air, but she spoke before waiting to be called upon.




“Professor Binns, isn’t that… smoke?” she asked, hoping with all her heart she was wrong.




Professor Binns looked at the doorway, and his eyes grew round. “Oh my…” he murmured.










Lily looked up in horror. It was true, heavy black smoke was slowly filling the classroom, sweeping over the students heads.




“It’s a fire!” James screamed, jumping up. “The castle’s on fire!”




There was a shocked pause, then the entire class went into an uproar, and kids began to run around in a blind panic.




Sirius jumped up and down on the spot, shrieking “We’re all gonna die, we’re all gonna die!” in a desperate chant, which caused the students to panic more.




Lily looked around wildly amongst the chaotic students, trying to spot her friends in the mad blur.




Professor Binns was doing his best to get order in the classroom, but no one seemed to be able to hear him, let alone follow his orders.




“LINE UP SINGLE FILE AT THE DOOR!” bellowed Professor Binns desperately.




We can’t go out there!” yelped Remus. “For all we know, the fire could be right on the other side of the door!”




“WE’RE TRAPPED!” James screamed, sounding on the verge of tears.




Lily felt panic slowly take over her. To see James this terrified was very unusual. In fact, she’d never thought it was possible; James didn’t seem like the type to get worked up like that…




Wait.




James
wasn’t the type to get worked up like that.




Suddenly, Lily was very suspicious. Something wasn’t quite right about this whole thing.




“We have to evacuate the classroom, but I assure you, There is NO CAUSE FOR ALARM! Professor Dumbledore is highly skilled in magic, and-”




“We have to get out of here!” screamed a Hufflepuff girl called Amelia Rothart, and she and Daniel Sarher, another boy from Hufflepuff pushed down the door.




The class flooded outside, most of the students screaming, and a few of them crying, certain they were never going to see family or friends again.




Lily followed the flow of students, allowing herself to be caught up in the sea of bodies until she reached outside, and a livid looking Professor McGonagall, dragging Peter by the wrist.




“There is no need to worry, Professor Binns; there is no fire. It was simply an instant smoke spell!” she explained, a dark look on her face.




She looked sharply over at Sirius, James and Remus, who had promptly dissolved into fits of laughter.




“You three!” she snapped. “Come with me.”




The three boys walked guiltily towards her. As they walked past Lily, she noticed James looked like he was on his way towards the guillotine.




Lily suddenly felt very sorry for him, and forgetting her anger with him for a moment, she whispered to him.




“Hey, James, you’re a really good actor. I really believed there was a fire; you may have a promising career ahead of you!”




James grinned happily, taking this as a sign that their fight was finally over.










James and his friends all received detention, as none of them had wanted to lie to the teachers. It turned out that what had happened was Peter was given the job to pretend to be sick, go to the Hospital Wing, “Feel better”, sneak back to class and cast the spell under the door.




Unfortunately, after he managed to do that, Professor McGonagall walked by and asked him what he was doing on his hands and knees by the door. She brought him back to her office and managed to wrangle a full confession out of him, about the prank, and also the snow incident the year before.




The good that came out of this though, was that the students had almost instantly heard about this, and James, Sirius, Remus and Peter became overnight celebrities; no one in Hogwarts history had ever managed to pull off a prank on the whole school, let alone two!




Lily wasn’t entirely happy with James, but he didn’t seem to be all that bothered, in fact, he spent most of his time lying or sitting down, and while he wasn’t getting much exercise, he was losing weight.




He had been given a few days off schoolwork, as the teachers were convinced he had come down with a bad case of the flu, but Lily was sure the symptoms weren’t right.




Lily consulted Remus, but he didn’t look any better than James, if not worse.




“Look, I’m not sure about anything, but I may have an idea what’s wrong with James,
I’ll go to the library as soon as I can to check it out, but I can’t now.”




“Why not Remus, it could be important!” Lily argued.




“You aren’t, um… concerned about James now are you?” Remus questioned, slyly.




“Of course I am! Just because I want to throttle him lately doesn’t mean I don’t care about him!” Lily cried.




“Oh, Ok, he’ll be pleased to hear that; he thinks you hate him for no reason.” Remus said offhandedly. “But no, I can’t look now, I’ve… um, I’ve got to visit my Mum tonight. She’s sick, really sick…”




Lily was shocked. “Oh Remus, I’m so sorry…” she trailed off.




He shook his head. “Don’t be; they think she’s going to be alright, really they do. Just, um, I think it’s right to, um, visit her.”



“Of course it is, forget I ever said anything,” Lily told him, looking at him sorrowfully.




OK! I really hope that you liked that chapter! I didn't think it was too bad personally! hehe! Ok, review challenge! The part everyone loves! This chapter's challenge is: Which OC do you most relate to, and why?

Realizations by harry_potter_star
Chapter 14 “ Realizations





“You know, I think some fresh air will do you good James. You don’t seem to have a fever or anything, maybe you’ve just been cooped up for too long,” Sirius decided brightly.



James groaned and rolled over onto his side, incredibly comfy right where he was: on the couch in the Common Room.




“I’m not sure Sirius, Yesterday, me and Calista went outside for an hour, and it didn’t help much.”




“Come on James; you love flying!” Sirius reminded him.




James perked up a bit at the word ‘flying’.




“Suddenly, I’m feeling much better!” he informed his friends, and he, Peter and Sirius ran of to get their broom, laughing.




*






James flew a few circles around Sirius, with only the full moon to light his way.




Sirius attempted to grab at him, but failed; James was too skilled at flying.




Peter shakily hovered near them, clinging onto his broom with all his might.




James felt a rush of elation, as he did a mid-air back flip on his broom, laughing cheerfully with Sirius.




The great thing was, while he was out here with his friends, he was able to forget his problems easily and just have fun.




“James, don’t go so high!” Peter called out, as he struggled to catch up, teetering precariously on his broom.




“What’s the fun of flying if you can’t go high?” James laughed, but he lowered his broom a few meters reluctantly.




“It’s too cold out here James,” Sirius complained, wrapping himself in a tight hug.




James rolled his eyes. “You were nagging me to come out not long ago, and when I finally start to enjoy myself, you say it’s too cold.”




“Well, I have a low cold tolerance,” Sirius defended himself. A chilling howl in the distance made James jump slightly on his broom.




“What was that?” cried Peter in a high voice, hastily landing his broom.




Sirius lowered his voice mysteriously. “Don’t you know Peter? I thought everyone knew! Every month, on the full moon, all the dark creatures of the world haunt the shrieking shack, hungry for students blood.”




“Don’t Sirius, you’ll give pore Petie nightmares!” James scolded, pretending to be stern.




Peter quickly landed, stumbling as his feet hit the ground, but James stayed airborne, a slight frown setting on his face.




“Come on, we can’t go inside now; it’s not even eight thirty!” he protested.




“Don’t blame me, blame the weather,” shrugged Sirius.




James sighed and did one last lap of the pitch, bathed in the moonlight. As the soft white light washed over his body, he glanced up at the full moon.










“Lily, no matter who he goes out with, he’s still your friend, and friends don’t get into silly fights and hold silly grudges,” Jada chided.




Lily stretched out on her bed and looked sceptical. “Well Jay, if we are friends, and we are in a silly fight, then I’m guessing friends do get into silly fights and hold silly grudges.”




Jada frowned and brought her knees up to her chest. “Come on Lily, you know he still wants to be friends with you, and when he dumps Calista…”




“Which will be soon,” added Thaliana, joining the girls on Lily’s bed, followed by Krysta and Roxanna.




“As if anyone could stand her for long, I am surprised James made it this far,” she continued.




Krysta nodded. “And you would regret it if anything happened and all of a sudden, your chance to say sorry is gone forever,” she whispered solemnly.




Roxanna rolled her eyes. “Positive as always, Krysta,” she laughed.




Lily, though, took Krysta’s words into consideration. James meant a lot to her, and mad as she was, she wouldn’t be willing to give up their friendship for a fight.




“Alright, you got me,” she threw her hands up. “Let’s go and see him.”




Jada smiled. “I knew you’d see it out way. He’s on the Quidditch Pitch, let’s go.”










As James looked up at the moon, an awful thought occurred to him. He sat, perfectly still, adding up all the signs.




Tired, listless, always away, these couldn’t be just coincidences.




The horrible realization hit him all at once, and James started violently.




He suddenly lost his balance on his broom, and he felt himself start to slide sideways off his broom.




He tried to cry for help, but no sound came out, only a terrified gasp as he slipped off the broom.




He wasn’t aware of the blood-curdling scream he let out as he fell, or the cries of horror heard from the ground.




All he knew was a sickening crack, as his head hit the ground, followed by darkness.










Lily and Jada soon spotted James, Peter and Sirius flying around on the Quidditch Pitch. The other girls had decided not to come, in case another fight formed.




“They’re out late,” Lily whispered to Jada.




Jada smiled. “From what I have seen of James and Sirius, if they feel like doing something, not much will stop them.”




Lily looked up as Sirius and Peter landed. Lily and Jada approached them. “Where’s Remus?” Lily asked curiously.




Sirius looked impatient. “Somewhere or other… I don’t think anyone knows where he is these days,” he complained sullenly.




Next to Lily, Jada gave a gasp and grabbed onto her arm. Lily looked up in surprise, but her surprise quickly turned to shock as she saw James slide off his broom very, very high up.




Seeing her look, Sirius turned around, confused, and let out a horrified cry. The small group of twelve and thirteen year olds stood completely still in shock, helpless, as they watched their friend smack into the ground, roll a short way, and lie very still.




“JAMES!” Sirius’s anguished cry rang throughout the pitch, and Lily found herself running towards James’s motionless form.




Peter reached him first, and flipped James’s body over, to reveal his face, cut and bruised. There was a deep gash on the back of his head, and he seemed to be losing a lot of blood.




His face was as pale as a ghost’s, and his breathing was faint. Wait, his breathing was faint!




“He’s still alive!” Lily cried out. “He’s breathing!”




“Thank Merlin,” Jada moaned, pulling her near-dead cousin into a tight embrace.




“We’ve got to get him to the Hospital Wing!” exclaimed Peter.




Sirius surveyed him, and then turned to Peter. “We’ll both have to carry him,” he said firmly.




The two boys succeeded in carrying James back up to the castle and up to the Hospital Wing, where Madame Pomfrey set straight to work.




She immediately busied herself with her patient, forcing assorted potions down James’s throat and checking his pulse.




“Will he be OK?” demanded Sirius, looking worriedly at James.




Madame Pomfrey didn’t say anything for a long time, and then she sighed. “It’s very lucky that you were there when he fell,” she said finally.




Jada tensed up. “But is he going to be alright?” she pressed.




“Yes, I think he will be…though he is suffering from a severe concussion. It is fixable, but not easily; this is an extreme case.




Sirius swallowed, but Lily simply looked confused.




“But, can’t magic do anything?” she asked, tilting her head to one side.




“Not anything dear, most things, but not everything.




“Is he very bad, then?” Jada whispered in a small voice. Madame Pomfrey ignored her and continued to tend to James.




“Well, let’s just go, then…” Peter said awkwardly. The other three just looked at him, astonished that he could even suggest that.




“We aren’t going anywhere, Peter, this is our friend!” Sirius retorted.




Madame Pomfrey, however, shook her head. “No, Mr Pettigrew is right. The four of you should be getting off to bed, leave Mr. Potter to me. Off you go.” Madame Pomfrey ushered them out of the room, clicking her tongue.










“Any news on James?” Lily asked Remus the next day, as the boys returned from the Hospital Wing.




“Yes, plenty.” Remus informed her in a dull voice.




“What is it?” demanded Lily excitedly.




“His concussion has developed into a coma, and Madame Pomfrey is considering moving him to Saint Mungo’s in a few days if he doesn’t respond.”




Lily felt her heart drop faster than it ever had.




“Remus, what if he doesn’t wake up?” Lily asked. She knew all too well how extreme a coma was; one of her cousins had been in a car crash when she was six, and had never woken up from it, and had to have his oxygen cut off.




Remus didn’t reply.

Oh My God, this was...acepted? Im all of a dither! yay yay yay! Ahem, review challenge *squeals* OK, Now, this review challenge probably wont change who does and doesnt get paired up in later chapters... But it will be very interesting to see the results! ahem, drumroll!

Which of the characters (minus the paring of Lily and James) would you like to see paired up?

Thanks and cya!!!!

Emotions by harry_potter_star
Chapter 15 - Emotions
“Promise me you’ll never go on a broom again,” Robert begged Lily, only half-joking. Lily didn’t blame him; looking at James made her feel sick to her stomach, he was so still, if she didn’t know better, she would guess he was dead. Turning her gaze to Robert made her realize that he was genuinely worried about her. “You’re really worried, aren’t you?” she asked, studying him. “Of course I am, we’re friends, right?” he asked. She nodded, still staring at him. She took in his straight, sandy brown hair that fell into his deep, chocolate brown eyes that bore into her soul. “I couldn’t stand it if something happened to you!” he continued. Lily felt the strangest feeling she had ever felt in her life. She looked over to James, still in his jacket and jeans from the day before, lying motionless, his hair messy and his face bruised badly, even after concealment charms had been put on it. She looked again at Robert, and felt a way she never had before about him; the same way that she felt about James. Complete confusion took over her, and she felt incredibly frustrated. How could she like two boys at once? “I’m so messed up!” she mumbled. “What was that?” Robert asked, tilting his head slightly. “Nothing…” Lily couldn’t abandon the thoughts of the two boys. I’ve liked James for over a year now! That has to mean something, she thought. But, James doesn’t like me back. He likes Calista, and she loves him. Robert, I think, likes me a lot. He’s made that pretty clear. And now I like him back, so what am I waiting for? “Are you alright Lily?” Robert asked, concerned. “Yes… No... Look, I really like James. A lot.” Robert looked crestfallen. “Oh, well, that’s, um well…” Lily could tell he had no idea what to say, so she continued on. “But, just now I realized that I liked someone else as well, maybe even more.” Robert head snapped up. “Oh? Who’s that?” he asked, hopefully. “Well, um…” Lily fully realized what she had gotten herself into; she had no way of backing out now. “It' was- is- you.” “Oh.” Robert said in a stunned voice.
“Remus, remember a few days ago, before James, well you know…” Lily started. “Yeah?” Remus asked her. They were sitting together in the Gryffindor Common Room, in front of the unlit fire. “Well, you said you had an idea what was wrong with James. Care to fill me in on that idea?” Remus looked startled. “I’d forgotten all about that!” he exclaimed. “With everything that’s been happening in the last few days...” “Well?” Lily asked eagerly. “Well, you remember how Professor Slughorn was telling us about love-potions earlier this year?” “That can’t be it!” Lily burst out. “I already thought of it, but the symptoms don’t match.” “You’re thinking of the main one, the one that Slughorn went on about for most of the lesson. He briefly mentioned others, and they match quite a bit. I’m not certain though…” Lily looked impressed. “Wow, you really do pay attention in your classes don’t you?” she asked. “It pays off,” he said, smiling. “How can we be sure?” Lily asked. “We can’t, but we can guess,” Remus shrugged. “And I have a feeling Calista may have dropped something small in James’s pile of food. It could have been anything; an Every Flavour Bean or something like that, and we wouldn’t have noticed.” “It would be embarrassing if we were wrong,” Lily pointed out. “Lily, if it’s the potion I’m thinking of, it could be fatal if we aren’t,” Remus told her seriously.
Sirius sat stubbornly beside the bed. Remus had gone to the library with Lily. The disloyal prat. Sirius thought angrily. Peter had wanted to go as well, had Sirius had insisted he stayed. He couldn’t believe his friends, how could they even think of just walking off and leaving James? ‘But Sirius, he’s in a coma, he really couldn’t care less,” Peter had said. Sirius shot him a death glare, remembering those words, and Peter looked away hurriedly. Madame Pomfrey came past to look over James, and finally stepped away and shook her head. “I have arranged for Mr. Potter to be moved to Saint Mungo’s tomorrow morning,” she informed him apologetically. Sirius said nothing, but stared at his hands resting in his lap. This shouldn’t be happening, he thought angrily. We’re kids, we should be out playing a game of Quidditch, or inside complaining about our homework, not sitting here, waiting for our friend to die. It was right then that he realized it. He wasn’t waiting for James to wake up, like his friends. He was waiting for him to die. He had a different perspective to life; and from the life that he had experienced so far, he couldn’t be blamed. From being either ignored or abused as a child, he had learned to expect the worst, exactly the way his family felt about him.
James heard voices in the distance, and he knew he had to get to them. He did his best to follow them, until they were clear enough for him to make out what he was saying. “…should be here soon, he said he was only going for awhile.” That was Sirius! he realized excitedly. But why couldn’t he see him? All he could see was a misty haze of black, sort of like the first thing you see when you wake up, just before you open your eyes. I must be right in the middle of being awake and asleep, he realized. Cool! “Remus! Finally!” Sirius exclaimed from far away. “Sorry, me and Lily had to-” “Don’t worry about it. Look, James has to be moved to Saint Mungos tomorrow, he’s not getting better,” Sirius voice said blankly. James was puzzled. Saint Mungo’s? he wondered. Merlin, how long was I asleep for? “You’re joking!” Remus cried. “No, Madame Pomfrey just told us.” “Wow, Calista sure is going to be upset, she apparently never stops crying as it is.” James felt confused at this. Why was everyone making such a big deal about this? Were they talking about someone else? They have to be, he decided. Well, I may as well see for myself. He tried to open his eyes, but simply got a headache. Ok, that didn’t work. Weird… He attempted it again, and found that he was able to move them slightly. After a few more exhausting attempts, he managed to open them, and a blurry scene came into view. He managed to decode the swirling mess as to being his friends as they slowly came into focus. It was Peter who first noticed his awakening. “James!” he screamed, nearly giving James a heart attack. Wow, this hurts, James thought wryly. It was true, every bone in his body ached as if he was being crushed, and his head was pounding. “Alright, you’re awake!” Sirius cried triumphantly. “That was really incredibly good timing James,” said Remus approvingly. “What’s going on?” asked James, and his voice sounded tired and weak. He didn’t like it at all. “You don’t remember?” asked Remus. James found his breathing growing heavier and it was becoming hard to get air into his lungs. His head was spinning, and he felt dizzy. What’s happening? He thought, the beginnings of panic overtaking him. He didn’t have any time to think about it, because before long, he had passed out again.
“…and then he just sort of, fell back,” Sirius was explaining, just as Lily and her friends entered the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey looked immensely relieved. “And you’re sure?” she asked sternly. “Yes, I told you, he spoke to us. He was really confused, like he didn’t know what was going on,” Sirius informed her. Madame Pomfrey seemed satisfied with this, and she turned towards James, then back to all of the kids. “You may go now,” she said, addressing all of them. Lily was outraged. “Why? What’s going on, we only just got here!” she cried. A beaming Sirius took her arm and led her out of the room. “Come on Lily, we can go now,” he chirped, and everyone followed them. “Sirius, what’s going on?” Lily asked, wrenching her arm out of his. “Well, just about an hour ago, Madame Pomfrey told us that James would have to go to Saint Mungo’s tomorrow, because he isn’t getting better!” Sirius said brightly. Jada clapped a hand over her mouth, and Lily stared at him. “Ok, you have officially gone crazy,” she told him, feeling sick. “You are happy about this why?” “Well, you didn’t let me finish!” Sirius laughed. “Not long after, James woke up!” Jada let out a cry of delight, and Lily felt so relieved she almost sat down on the floor. “So he’s going to be alright?” asked Lily hopefully. “I mean, if he is, then why did he pass out again?” she remembered the words Sirius had spoken as she walked in. ’And then he just sort of… fell back.’ “Madame Pomfrey says that people in comas wake up bit by bit, and the more they wake up, even if they can’t move, sometimes they can hear what’s going on around them. Apparently, lots of ex-coma victims said they could hear their loved ones, and it stopped them from being so scared,” Remus explained, sounding like a textbook. Lily felt a lump form in her throat. “What did he say?” she asked. “He was really confused, like he didn’t know what was happening. Then he just like, gasped or something and passed out,” Peter said earnestly. Jada looked horrified again. “Look, it’s getting late; let’s get back to the common rooms,” she decided. Thaliana and Roxanna hastily agreed, and the large group headed back.
Lily sat with Robert on the couch in the Gryffindor Common Room. They simply sat, leaning against each other, for the longest of times, staring into the fire. It was very late, and everyone else had gone to bed, leaving them alone. The two of them were both thinking about the conversation that had followed Lily’s confession. Robert had told Lily that he had felt the same way about her, but the two of them had both been too shy to ask about where they should take it from there, and had simply dropped the subject. Lily went on to think about James, and she felt awful, as if she was betraying him by getting a crush on someone else while he was helpless to do anything about it. It’s funny, now that there’s a chance that James could be under the influence of a love potion, I’m starting to wonder whether he really does like me. she mused “I’m just so worried about him. What if he’s not alright yet Robert?” Lily asked, looking at her friend sorrowfully. “I’m sure he will be Lily, he’s already woken up, and that has to be good, right?” he asked gently. “Yes, I suppose, but apparently he’s not out of danger yet,” she reported. “Is there something else that’s bothering you?” he asked. Lily hesitated, then relented. “I can’t stop thinking about what Krysta said to me the night he fell. She said-” Lily choked on her words. “She said that I would regret it if anything happened and all of a sudden, my chance to say sorry was gone forever.” “Wow, that sounds like a jinx to me,” Robert observed. “Robert!” Lily exclaimed. “Sorry!” he apologized, holding his hands up. “You’re going to have another chance Lily; he’s going to be fine. Lily threw her arms around Robert, and he sat there for a moment, startled, and then wrapped her in a comforting hug. “I don’t want it to happen again, not to James!” she choked into his chest. “He’s going to be alright Lily,” he soothed, but Lily could hear a strange tightness to his voice. Lily calmed herself, quickly and sat up a little more. “Look, I’ve been thinking about what you thinking about what you said earlier on,” Lily said out of nowhere. She was referring to the conversation she and Robert had held earlier, after she had admitted her feelings to him. He had, of course, told her he liked her too, which had given her a very good reason to be thinking. “What about it?” Robert asked, unaware where Lily was going with it. Lily looked into his eyes for a moment, hesitated, and then leaned in and kissed him. Shock! Horror! now wasnt that just the most revealing chapter ever?? Congratulations to all people who guessed about the love potion thing, im happy for you, and Im glad it was made clear without me saying it outright! yay for all of us!!

Review challenge!! ahem, which of the Marauders do you think acts most canon, not so much from the pensieve, but the way you truly believe they acted? Thanks bunches!

Confrontations by harry_potter_star
Chapter 16 “ Confrontations
“How is he?” asked Sirius. Madame Pomfrey beamed. “He woke up for an hour today, and he was asking for you three. Of course, he couldn’t see you because you were in class, but all the same-” “WHAT?” burst out all three boys at once, causing the young woman to jump. “Who cares about classes? Our friend is coming out of a coma; I think that’s a little more important, don’t you?” Peter demanded angrily. Sirius and Remus looked at him admiringly. “Mr. Pettigrew, your lessons are extremely important, and-” “So is James!” Sirius yelled. Madame Pomfrey sighed, and Remus felt a little sorry for her, she was new at this thing. “What did he say when he woke up?” Remus asked, and Madame Pomfrey returned to normal. “He was disorientated at first, but I told him what I knew of the night, and that he’d been in a coma. He is in a lot of pain, so if he starts to complain in his sleep, you needn't worry; he won’t remember it the next time he wakes up!” Sirius scowled at her, and sat down next to James’s bed, folding his arms, and Madame Pomfrey returned to her office. This time, they were only there for a few minutes when James blearily opened his eyes. This time, the boys were a lot more cautious. “James, are you alright?” Sirius asked quietly. James looked confused at first, then happy. “Hey Sirius, hey you guys. It’s great to see you.” The boys grinned. “So, you know what’s going on?” Remus inquired. “Sort of… how did I fa-” James started, but then his eyes grew round and he stared at Remus. Remus looked uncomfortable. “What is it James?” he asked nervously. “Remus, it was that night, the full moon. You weren’t there, and I just sort of… figured it out.” James said, sorrowfully. Remus looked absolutely crestfallen. “Oh, well, James it’s alright, I knew one of you would figure it out in the end. I just, sort of, enjoyed having you all as friends.” “What do you mean Remus?” James asked gently. “Look, I hate to interrupt, but would one of you, if it’s not too much trouble that is, mind telling us WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?” Sirius demanded. “Are you going to tell them?” James asked Remus, watching him closely. Remus took a deep breath, and James noticed his right hand shaking violently. “Look, I may as well just say it outright; I have lycanthropy.” Sirius and Peter just sat there blankly, speechless. Finally Peter spoke up. “What’s lycanthropy?” he asked. “He’s a werewolf Peter,” Sirius explained. Peter started, and looked carefully at Remus. “What’s it like?” he asked curiously. “Peter!” James exclaimed. He turned to Remus. “What were you saying before about how you “enjoyed having us as friends”? You don’t seriously think we’ll hold it against you do you?” “Well… Yes, I did actually,” Remus admitted, hardly daring to hope that James could be serious. Sirius snorted. “Why would we do a stupid thing like that?” he asked. “Yeah, you’re still Remus, only once a month you turn into a bloodthirsty killer,” Peter said casually. “When I was younger, every time anyone ever found out, they would turn against me and never want to talk to me. Mothers wouldn’t let their kids anywhere near me, and I’ve spent my whole life swearing that when I came here no one would ever find out.” Remus looked so unbearably sad, that James felt like badly hurting anyone who would be so prejudiced as to hurt his friend that way. “It’s like, no one even thinks of how hard it is for me!” Remus burst out. “Always being discriminated against, having to lie all the time, the painful transformation, always being afraid of something going wrong, having to live with the memory of what it feels like to want to kill anything and everything and being stuck inside that stupid shack for the night-” “What shack?” interrupted James. “The ‘shrieking shack,’ that’s supposed to be haunted. That’s where I have to go every full moon, and I can tell you, it’s no picnic being cooped up in the ripping everything to shreds. It’s enough to make you claustrophobic,” Remus told them bitterly. “You shouldn’t have to be stuck in there like that!” James protested. “I know, but there’s nothing we can do about that; it’s the only way I can stay here,” Remus sighed. “But, couldn’t something help?” James wondered. “Werewolves can’t harm animals,” Sirius mused. “What’s your point?” James asked. “What if we became animals?” Sirius asked slowly. “What, you mean like animagus’s?” Remus laughed wryly. “No, he might have something there…’ James argued. ‘What if we became animagus’s?” “How on Earth would we do that?” Peter demanded. “Number one: It’s illegal for kids as young as us to become them. Number two: It’s supposed to be incredibly hard!” “Peter, since when have we cared about rules?” asked James. “Besides that, me and Sirius are the smartest kids in the grade, we’ll manage, and we can help you with it!” “Wait, you guys are serious about this, aren’t you?” Remus asked, not sure whether to laugh or not. “Of course we are! Why wouldn’t we be?” Sirius laughed. “I can’t believe you three would go through all that for me!” Remus exclaimed. “Remus, you’re our best friend!” Peter told him incredulously. Remus looked lost for words.
*
“So, you’re feeling better?” Jada asked James. “Yes, though sometimes, it gets too much,” James choked, in a purposely over the top attempt to look weak and fragile. Jada, Thaliana and Roxanna all let out snorts, while Calista clasped onto his hand, as if to comfort him. The girls weren’t happy to have visited James at the same time as each other, but both Calista and the other three both refused to leave. “So, where’s Lily?” James asked casually. Calista looked up angrily, but Jada simply glared at her. “She’s out with Robert somewhere,” she told him. “What, snogging in a cupboard somewhere?” Calista suggested spitefully. Thaliana matched her look, and Jada was given the impression of seeing double. “Well, yes probably, haven’t you heard Callie, they’re going out,” she told her triumphantly. Calista looked enraged at the thought that she was no longer causing Lily misery by her going out with James. “Well, that just goes to show how truly desperate Evans is,” Calista smirked. Jada had to restrain Thaliana, while Roxanna sent James, who had nodded in agreement, a death glare. “Come on, you two, we’re going,” Jada huffed, shooting James an infuriated glance.
Lily looked up as Remus came running towards her. “Lily, he’s getting out today!” Remus told her excitedly. Lily jumped up, and looked at her friends. “Um, look we’ve got to go,” she said apologetically to her friends. “Wait, where are you going?” Jada asked her. “I’ll tell you after,” Lily told the girls, following Remus out of the room. “Wait, Lily!” called out Thaliana, but she was already gone.
*
“It sounds to me as if Mr. Potter has been given a potion called Amaltha,” Professor Slughorn explained brightly. “It’s a fairly simple love potion, and not very consistent. Am I right in guessing that James sometimes seems more in “love” with Calista at certain times than others?” “Yes,” Remus agreed. Professor Slughorn nodded, deep in thought. “Well, it’s good you came to me with your suspicions so soon, as this potion has very dangerous side effects; if not made correctly, the consumer can seem faraway, and their sense of balance is badly thrown out of proportion, and their ability to concentrate often disappears completely. In most cases, takers of this potion will collapse if they have been taking the potion for a long period of time.” Lily and Remus looked at each other, both of them certain that this was the potion he had been given. “That must be why he fell off his broom,” Lily realized out loud. “Yes, that and…” Remus caught himself just in time, and Lily failed to notice he had spoken. Slughorn frowned. “Well, I would like you to bring James to me now, and waste no time; we wouldn’t want any serious accidents to happen.” Lily snorted. “It’s a little late for that,” she muttered. “Yes, yes, very good,” Slughorn murmured distractedly. Lily and Remus headed back to the Common Room in silence, glancing at each other nervously. Lily felt like a lot of responsibility had been placed on her, what had seemed like a small hunch had turned into a scary reality, and the fact that James had almost died by such an incredibly stupid thing that Calista had done filled her with anger stronger than she had ever felt. When they entered the Common Room, they found to their relief that James was already out of the Hospital Wing and talking brightly with Sirius and Peter. Wordlessly, Lily and Remus walked briskly up to him, grabbed an arm each and began to lead him out of the room. This was met immediately with a chorus of outraged cries, and not only from James. “Professor Slughorn wants to see you, James, and no one else can come,” Remus said, directing the last part to Sirius and Peter. “But…” Sirius started, and then he made a noise that quite resembled a growl. “Sorry,” Remus said hurriedly, and then they were gone. “What is it with everyone these days?” Sirius cried, throwing his hands up. “James zones out on us altogether, Remus and Lily go off together every few hours to do who knows what in the library, and now the crazy troop nicks off without us to see the craziest Professor in the school!” Peter just laughed.
*
“Here, drink this, my boy,” Slughorn urged, holding a flask towards James. James was starting to look distressed. “But why, what’s the matter?” he demanded, not taking his eyes off the potion. “Don’t worry James, it’s alright,” Lily consoled him. James bit his lip, and then drank the whole potion quickly. As soon as the last drop had been consumed, a strange look came over James face, and he looked from Remus to Lily as if he had just realized they were there. “But… Calista…” he murmured, trying to piece together exactly what had happened. “She made me take that foul stuff every chance she got!” he exclaimed. “Sometimes I’d just let her, and other times we’d get into a huge fight, it was all so strange, it’s like my head was messed with!” Lily noticed Professor Slughorn looking very sympathetic, and it suddenly occurred to her how truly confused and outraged James must feel. “I can assure you, Professor Dumbledore will be hearing about this,” Slughorn promised. “In the meantime I’d suggest you stay far away from Miss Kilten, lest she attempts to force-feed you some more of that potion.” James nodded, still frowning, then he looked towards Lily, a pained look on his face. “You… and Robert…?” he trailed off, his bitter disappointment clear in his voice. Lily simply nodded, and he turned away abruptly, to examine his hands.
*
The three of them walked down the corridors in silence, glancing at each other awkwardly. Remus occasionally opened his mouth to say something, but thought better of it. James and Lily glanced at each other, and both stopped walking. Remus noticed this and kept walking; he knew that this was between James and Lily. “You used to like me, didn’t you?” Lily blurted out. I can’t believe I just said that, Lily thought in amazement. James looked taken aback. “Yeah, I did,” he admitted. “I used to like you as well,” Lily informed him. “Why did you stop?” James asked woefully. Lily shrugged. “Why did you?” she shot back. “I didn’t,’ James reminded her, turning red. Lily felt uncomfortable. ‘Oh… well, I guess I just, sort of, gave up on you. I thought you were in love with Calista.” “And you love Robert now, huh?” “Yes, I do.” Lily was surprised that this conversation wasn’t embarrassing at all. James kicked the wall angrily. “It isn’t fair!” he spat out. “What?” Lily asked nervously, hoping James wasn’t going to start accusing her. “Well, I still like you, and if it weren’t for Kilten, we might be going out.” Lily noted that James used Calista’s last name to refer to her, and knew he was very angry. Lily began to walk again, unsure of how to respond to James’s statement. “Lily?” James ventured. “Hmm?” “Let me know when you don’t like Robert anymore, alright?” James smiled at her, hope shining in his hazel eyes. Lily raised an eyebrow, and smiled back at him.
*
At breakfast the next morning, Calista looked unhappier than Lily had ever seen her before, and all of her friends were avoiding contact with her. Lily found herself feeling a little sorry for her, when a bright red letter was delivered to her; far before the post was due to arrive. “Oh no,” Jada whispered, hiding her head, and Thaliana looked delighted. “What’s the matter?” Lily asked, watching Calista’s face drain of colour, as she opened the letter. “CALISTA KILTEN! HOW DARE YOU GIVE A LOVE POTION TO JAMES POTTER? I ABSOLUTELY CAN’T BELIEVE YOU! YOU ARE LUCKY I DON’T BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME YOUNG LADY; I WARNED YOU AFTER YOU ATTACKED THAT LILY GIRL LAST YEAR, BUT NO! YOU HAD TO GO AND CAUSE MORE TROUBLE! YOUR YOUNGER SISTER IS STARTING NEXT YEAR, AND WHAT SORT OF AN EXAMPLE IS THIS TO SET FOR HER? WE’VE NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE LIKE THIS FROM THALIANA! THAT BOY WAS ALMOST KILLED IN AN ACCIDENT BECAUSE OF YOUR SELFISHNESS, YOU HAD BETTER SHAPE UP YOUNG LADY, AND I. MEAN. NOW!” Calista sat still for a moment, before bursting into hysterical tears, and running from the room, her face in her hands. “What on Earth was all that about?” Lily cried. “That was a howler, you get sent one, and it screams out the message for the world to hear,” Roxanna said calmly. “Wow, that’s not like Mum,” Thaliana remarked. “She must be really mad; she hardly ever yells at us.” It wasn’t long before the Great Hall’s usual chatter resumed, and everyone forgot about the howler. Robert leaned over to Lily. ‘I’m glad everything worked out perfectly,” he whispered affectionately, and Lily forced a smile. The only thing was; things hadn’t turned out perfectly. Not for James, or Calista. Soooo people, how did you like the chapter! Let me know in a review if you please, that would be ever so lovely. Quite so. OK, the review challenge. Rather.

What has been your favourite chapter until now?

This challenge will appear once every now and then, just to see how often peoples opinions will change as the story progresses!

The Second Summer by harry_potter_star
The Second Summer
James lay sprawled out casually on one of his priceless couches, talking to Sirius, who had come to spend the weekend with him. Both of them were in bad moods, as James’s usually loose parents had just point-blank refused to let the two of them to go outside, even though it was probably the best weather they had had for flying that Summer; nice and cool, but not at all wet.


“But it’s perfect weather!” James argued, sounding, as he noted, like a spoilt brat. But he couldn’t help it; he and Sirius had their hearts set on going outside that day. “There are plenty of things to do inside you two, how about you read together?” Mrs. Potter suggested enthusiastically to the sulking boys. “Read together?” James and his father questioned at the same time, raising their eyebrows in unison. “Aaron!” Mrs. Potter warned through clenched teeth, narrowing her eyes. Mr. Potter cleared his throat uncomfortably. “I, er, agree that you two boys should spend the day inside, but you can do something fun, like…” “Hide and Seek!” Mrs. Potter came up with triumphantly. Sirius coughed loudly in an attempt to disguise a snort of disbelief. “Well, you can do whatever you want then you two, as long as it’s inside,” Mr. Potter said pleasantly.


“Todd’s outside,” Sirius remarked. James wandered over to the window where Sirius was standing and looked out. The Potters backyard was simply a huge area of thick, soft green grass, not fenced off at all, and it was shared with James’s next-door neighbour Todd Sanart. Todd was flying around high above the ground, the cold wind whipping his straw-coloured hair off his long face. Todd was about to go into his fifth year at Hogwarts, and he had just been awarded Ravenclaw Quidditch captain. “I’ll bet it’s because of what happened on the full moon,” James remarked certainly. “They’re just scared it will happen again, and this time I won’t survive. They’re been funny about me riding my broom all Summer. Last week I even caught Mum by the window spying on me!” Sirius rolled his eyes in exasperation. “It wasn’t even your fault when you fell that time!” he protested. James nodded in agreement, brought his knew up to his chest. Sirius looked thoughtful. “Well, I have to admit James, I’m a little surprised that you are wiling to go back on your broom after what happened last term,” he commented. James looked at him incredulously. “Are you kidding? Nothing’s going to stop me from going on my broom!” he cried, sitting up straightly. “Yet, your parents can?” Sirius asked slyly. James contemplated for a moment, and then set his face. “No, they can’t,” he decided.
Lily, Thaliana, Roxanna and Jada were gathered in Lily’s room. Lily and Jada were lying on her bed, Roxanna on her desk chair and Thali happily sat crossed legged on the floor. “It’s awfully cold in here,” Lily shivered, looking out her window. The normally white cloud were grey, and the air had a foggy sense to it, nothing at all like their usual mid-Summer weather. “For Summer, it’s so strange,” Thaliana agreed. “I wonder if it’s the same weather at James’s place, he doesn’t live too far from here,” Jada remarked, turning her gaze to the window as well. “How near does he live?” Roxanna asked curiously. “About an hour away…” ‘That’s not exactly near Jay,” Thaliana laughed. “What’s that?” Roxanna interrupted, pointing out the window. Lily looked outside, but saw nothing but the misty haze. “You must be seeing things Roxy,” Lily shrugged. “I can’t see anything.”
James shivered and zipped up his jacket. His wind was blowing his hair wildly, and the temperature seemed to drop every minute. “It’s getting really cold out here,” he complained. “Can’t we just stay out here for five more minutes?” Sirius wheedled. James rolled his eyes at the irony, and pushed off the ground again. “Sirius, this is just like last time, only it’s me wanting to go back inside!” “Last time it was you who felt restless and cooped up inside,” Sirius retorted. James rolled his eyes again, and responded by throwing the Quaffle full pelt towards Sirius’s chest. Sirius, although caught off guard, made an excellent recovery, grabbed the Quaffle, and made to score a goal in on of the three huge goalposts the Potters and the Sanarts shared. Todd was positioned perfectly for defense. He was the best keeper in the school by far, and it was a rare occurrence to score a goal past him. Sure enough, when Sirius threw the Quaffle, Todd caught it with ease, and Sirius grumbled. Todd smiled. “You’ll get better,” he consoled Sirius. “Did you know that my parents weren’t even going to let me come out here? They went out for awhile, and I wasn’t going to stay inside, I need all the practice I can get!” Sirius agreed wholeheartedly, but the coldness was starting to turn into a bad feeling for James, though he didn’t know why. “Sirius, can we go inside now?” he asked urgently. '”Calm down James,” Sirius laughed. “Trust me, nothings going to happen!”
“Sylvia, we have to tell him!” insisted Mr. Potter. James parents were gathered in the Potter’s extravagant kitchen, arguing in heated whispers. “But Aaron, he’s so young! He’s only just turned 13!” Mrs. Potter shot back. “That’s exactly it Sylvie, we’ve been keeping him absolutely oblivious to how bad this war is getting! If we continue to keep him in the dark, what happens when all of his school friends start to get murdered?” Mrs. Potter gaped at him in shock, then turned her gaze to her surroundings, trying to clear her mind. She took in the many moving paintings of her ancestors, all who seemed to be taking a side in the conversation. She noticed it was mainly the girl ones who were nodding in agreement to her statements, while the men earnestly muttered arguments. The enormous chandelier above their heads was motionless, its hundreds of bulbs shining like diamonds when daylight hit them, sending sheets of yellow and white light on the quarreling couple. Mr. Potter hardly seemed to notice any of this, his face was earnest and he was now waving his hands to punctuate his words. ‘Yes, he’s 13,” he continued. “He’s practically defenseless. You and I are the top Aurors in the country, and You-Know-Who is going to want us on his side! He’s not stupid, remember when he threatened to kill the Trankman’s daughter?” he was yelling now. “If we don’t prepare James, we’re risking him being captured, tortured, or even murdered,” he finished gravely. Mrs. Potter stood in shock for a moment, and then burst into tears. “I’m so scared Aaron,” she sobbed into her husbands chest. Mr. Potter wrapped his arms around her shaking shoulders in an attempt to be comforting, but James’s Mother could sense just how tense he was. “I know you are, I am too,” Mr. Potter confessed. “Telling James is like confirming that it’s getting out of hand, that they can’t even go outside and be safe on certain days if the Ministry receives tips of danger. But we have to tell James.” “But why does it have to be today?” asked Mrs. Potter, drying her eyes with the back of her trembling hand. “Today, we found out that he’s got the Dementors on his side. The longer we wait, the worse it’s going to get, and the more we’ll have to hide from James. So yes, today. Not just today, but right now.”
James felt a sudden chill wash over him, and he felt sick to his stomach. He landed his broom gingerly, and stumbled on the ground, his head spinning. Sirius saw him and followed his friend to the ground. “James, what’s the matter?” he asked, concerned. As if in answer to his question, Sirius suddenly felt drained, and his legs buckled beneath him. “What’s the matter with you two?” Todd called out from his broom. Sirius looked up at him to reply, and then he saw them. They were hovering not far off of the ground, and hoods covered their faces. Their robes, if you could call them that were tattered, and the very air around them seemed to freeze. They were the creatures who guarded evil, and were capable of worse evil themselves. Creatures who had no particular place to where their loyalties lie. Dementors. An eerie silence fell over the field as the horrible creatures moved towards the three boys. Sirius looked to his right at James. All the colour had drained from his face, and it looked even whiter in contrast with his raven hair. His mouth was opened very slightly, and he simply stared, transfixed, at the Dementors as they approached.
Mr. and Mrs. Potter walked sullenly towards the main room, but then stopped short. “That’s funny, I thought they were in here,” Mrs. Potter commented, looking puzzled at the empty couches, and bare tabletops. “Maybe they went to, um, play Hide-And-Seek,” Mr. Potter suggested sarcastically. “Now is not the bloody time, Aaron,” Mrs. Potter snapped. “James? JAMES?!” she called out, and she began to feel nervous. James had exceptionally good hearing, and could hear his parents calling from any room in the house. “Calm down, Sylvia, he could be anywhere, we have a big house, in case you haven’t noticed, and-” Mrs. Potter impatiently pushed by her husband, and raced to the foot of the mahogany grand staircase. “JAMES! Mrs. Potter screamed, looking up it. She ran upstairs to James’s room, hoping with all her heart to see the boys sitting there. But when she entered, her eyes only met robes thrown carelessly around on the floor, an unmade bed, no broom in the corner, and no James or Sirius. I am going to kill him! she thought furiously. “Aaron! They’ve gone out on their brooms!” she called out.
Sirius looked back towards the house in what felt like slow motion, and realized how far away from them it really was. His vision soon melted into memories, horrible memories that filled his head. He saw his cousins putting hexes on him, simply because they could, and his mother was slapping him around his head. A few years later, his mother telling him about the power You-Know-who was gaining, and about the murders that he and his followers were committing. Once again, he was inside that cramped, dark tunnel, with rocks falling around him, and dust filling his throat… and then he saw James falling from his broom, and lying so still… “Sirius, come on!” James’s voice was incredibly urgent, and Sirius snapped out of his trance and allowed James to pull him off the ground, where he had fallen sometime during the time he’d spaced out. “Where’s Todd?” asked James briskly, trying to stay calm, even though their situation was desperate. Sirius scanned the scene quickly, and then pointed, a sick feeling in his stomach, and breath caught in his throat. Todd was lying on the ground, surrounded by Dementors. “NO!” James cried, and he made to run towards his friend. It took Sirius almost all of his strength to hold him back. “James it’s too late, it isn’t safe enough to do anything!” he yelled. “No it isn’t!” insisted James. “Let go of me!” “James, there’s nothing we can do,” Sirius said quietly. James stopped resisting and just stared, and Sirius could tell he was in shock. Sirius knew what he had to do, and he began to run as fast as he possibly could towards the Potter’s mansion, dragging James by the wrist. Sirius could feel the Dementors following them, and the boys stumbled and tripped as they sprinted as fast as they could. He stopped short as he found himself surrounded by the monsters completely; there was no way to get away. He whipped around wildly just to face more of the terrifying creatures, and his eyes grew wide with horror. Sirius felt the darkness take over again, and the memories flooded into his brain, and he was powerless to stop it. “EXPECTO PATRONUM!” cried a voice. Sirius looked up, and saw James’s parents running towards them. A silvery white panther that seemed to be made of vapor was advancing towards a Dementor that had grown dangerously close to James’s frozen figure. The Dementor backed off and began to move in the opposite direction. A silvery eagle swooped down towards two Dementors that were heading towards Sirius. The Dementors backed off suddenly, and Sirius jumped backwards. The panther turned around and returned to Mr. Potter’s wand, and the eagle flew back into Mrs. Potter’s. “James!” cried Mrs. Potter, running towards her son and wrapping him in a tight embrace. James took awhile to return the hug, and he realized he was shaking uncontrollably. “James, Sirius, are you two alright?” Mr. Potter demanded anxiously. No, we’re not alright, we’ve just been attacked by soul-sucking, happiness harvesting Dementors, almost killed, made to relive our worst memories and cut our Quidditch game short! Sirius thought self-pityingly, but all he could say was, “Todd.” Mr. Potter looked up and saw Todd’s body. “Oh, Merlin,” he muttered.
Dear Lily, I can’t write for long, I just wanted to let you know that James and Sirius are safe whatever you may hear. Mum says that I’m not allowed to write much in a letter, as you never know who may read it. You will find out on the first day of school, all I can say is that the Ministry is in an uproar; nothing like this has happened before. Just… be gentle with James when we go back to school. Sirius too, but James was the one who lost someone. I really hope I’m not confusing you too much, I can’t wait to see you again! It’s only a few days now, which isn’t too bad! Oh, and I would just like to say, just in case you don’t know already, that the Ministry is strongly advising everyone to bring their wands everywhere with them, as the last time it was simply too close a call. Love, ~*~*~ Jada~*~*~ No matter how many times Lily read the letter her friend had sent her, she couldn’t make any sense out of it. Why wouldn’t James and Sirius be safe, why did they suddenly have to bring their wands everywhere, and why couldn’t Jada explain herself without sounding more confusing than a chipmunk on a sugar high? A few days until school starts… she thought, which was, at least, some consolation. But how could she wait a few more days? Ok...another authors note has been deleted... :O:O How could they do this to me? THEY WERE SO YOOUUNNGGG! Ahem. Challenge time, whether it shall be deleted or not!

What would you like to see more of / happen?

Please answer...I just realized Ill have to come up with roughly... well alot of review challenges before the stories finished. :S oh well lol :)

Discussions on the Train by harry_potter_star
Chapter 18 - Discussions on the train “Jada!” Lily cried, and the two girls ran to greet each other. “What is going on?” Lily demanded, unable to help being blunt. “Oh, I’m so sorry Lily! I thought my letter would help you not to worry!” Jada apologized, wringing her hands. “Not to worry? Not to worry? I had no idea anything was wrong until that letter!” Lily cried in disbelief. “Oh. Well, it was all over the papers, and- JAMES!” Jada screamed suddenly, causing Lily to jump. James came towards Jada and Lily, and Lily heard her parents draw in breaths when they saw him. Lily didn’t blame them, James looked worse than Lily had ever seen him. He had huge bags under his eyes; he had clearly not had much sleep. His messy black hair was messier than ever, and it was obvious he hadn’t even made the slightest attempt at taming it. “Are… are you OK James?” Jada questioned, and it was clear she had noticed the drastic change in James’s appearance as well. “Yes, I’m fine,” James forced a smile, which turned more sincere when he saw Lily. “What happened? No one has told me yet!” Lily cried out in frustration. James looked bewildered. “Hasn’t Jada told you yet?” he asked incredulously. “No James, you know we can’t write stuff like that in letters!” Jada scolded him. “Well, do you want to tell her, or should I?” James asked, giving a dirty look to Petunia who was standing beside Lily. “You can tell both of us James; no one apart from you or Sirius seems to know what’s going on around here!” Jada complained, folding her arms. James nodded. “Well, Sirius came over my house, we went outside when we weren’t supposed to, and Dementors showed up and tried to kill us. We would have been worse than dead if it weren’t for my parents showing up just in time. Jada looked enthralled, but Lily simply looked confused. “What are Dementors?” she asked. James looked thrilled, and Lily realized he was hoping she would ask that question. “My parents told me all about it after we were attacked,” James began in a low, storytelling voice. “Dementors are these awful creatures who guard Azkaban, you know, the Wizard’s prison. They suck happiness out of you, and if they can get close enough, they suck your soul out through. Your. Mouth!” he finished with relish. Lily stepped backwards, her face wrinkling up in horror, and Petunia was listening with interest. “What happens then, do you die?” Lily demanded curiously. “You’re worse than dead, you’re still alive, but only existing. You would be better off dead,” James informed her earnestly. “We’d better get on the train!” Jada noted, glancing up at the bustling crowd. “You can tell us exactly what happened when we get on.”
The compartment was incredibly cramped; Remus, Sirius, Peter, James, Roxanna, Lily, Thaliana and Jada were all crammed in, eager to hear James and Sirius’s story. James and Sirius told the tale, each adding their own gory details, James’s version including a high pitched cackling in the background that Sirius hadn’t heard, and was sure James had made up. Once they had finished, everyone sat in a shocked silence. Lily suddenly knew why James looked so bad; he and Todd had gotten along very well. The door burst open, and an 11-year-old girl burst into the compartment. She had brown eyes and long strawberry blond hair that she wore in a ponytail. “Thali,” she began, panting. “How long- oh, Thali, you’re hanging around with boys. Mum says you’re not allowed to do that,” the girl said with a superior smile. “Crystal, it’s none of your business who I hang around with… and don’t you dare tell Mum,” Thaliana warned through clenched teeth. Lily realized that it must be Thaliana’s little sister. Crystal broke into a smile. “Oh don’t get worked up, you know I would never tell her,” she laughed. “Besides, it’s a stupid rule! I’ve already got two new guy friends; this place is packed with them!” Thaliana laughed. “So, what were you going to ask?” she questioned. Crystal shrugged. “I forget. Oh!” she exclaimed, noticing James and Sirius. “Those are the Dementor boys aren’t they? Wow, you two are so lucky! You are famous! Which one of you is it that Callie went out with?” Thaliana’s eyes widened suddenly. “The one with glasses, thanks for visiting, now you can go,” she urged in a voice that verged on panic for a reason Lily couldn’t decipher. Crystal looked like she had no intention of moving. “Then, that means that you are Sirius,” she guessed slowly, pointing towards Sirius. Sirius nodded, looking happy at being recognized. “Then, you’re Remus?” Crystal guessed with a sly smile, pointing at Remus, who nodded, glancing at her finger warily. “Thali used to like you!” she sang joyfully, clapping her hands like a small child. Remus looked pleased, and he sat up a little straighter in his chair. “Did you really?” he asked interestedly, looking at Thaliana. “No!” Thaliana cried, looking mortified. “Yes you did, don’t lie! But you stopped because his hair grew too long, and you said his nose was crooked, and-” “GET OUT!” Thaliana roared, lunging at her sister and shoving her out of the compartment. Crystal let out a scream of protest, and shouted threats at her sister that continued long after the door was slammed in her face. “Is my nose crooked?” asked Remus, sounding hurt, and touching it gingerly. “No, of course it isn’t,” Jada comforted him, looking at Thaliana funnily. Thaliana turned a brilliant scarlet, slouched in her seat, and she didn’t say a word for the rest of the trip.
*
Lily looked up the long table that the members of the staff sat at. She was very happy to be back at Hogwarts; she had grown quite attached to it lately. Scanning the teachers, she was surprised to see that Professor Vaughn, who had been the newest DADA teacher, had already been replaced by a short, thin woman with long blond ringlets that she allowed to fall about her face. She wore heavy make-up, she looked barely 21, and many of the older boys were gaping at her stupidly. Lily rolled her eyes, especially after seeing that James and Sirius were included in that number. At least Robert wasn’t- wait. “Robert!” she exclaimed indignantly. On her right, Robert jumped guiltily. “What? I’m allowed to look!” Lily narrowed her eyes at him, and he hastily added, “But you are much prettier than her Lily, I’m surprised anyone has even noticed her after you walked in, and-” “Save it Robert; you’re babbling,” Lily ordered, but she was smiling, obviously amused.
The first lesson of the year was Divination. The Divination teacher, Professor Madera, was a pretty, black woman with long, sleek, jet-black hair that rivalled even James’s. She wore purple velvet robes and about 20 gold and silver bangles on each wrist that caused her to jingle every time she moved. “Aaah, welcome class,” she breathed. Lily and Thaliana exchanged a “look”. “Now, Divination is a precise and serious art form,” she informed them. “It is such an ancient practice that even several Muggles have the ability to See. Of course, the Muggle versions are not nearly as precise. Allow me to demonstrate.” Professor Madera scanned the classroom, surveying each child carefully. “YOU!” she exclaimed suddenly, causing several kids to jump. Lily realized she was talking to her. “Me?” she asked, not quite grasping what the teacher expected her to do. “Come up here,” ordered Professor Madera. Lily nervously walked up to the front of the classroom. Lily could feel all eyes on her as Professor Madera grabbed her hand and began to study it closely. She glanced, embarrassed, at Jada, who was covering her mouth in an attempt to cover a laugh. Professor Madera drew back and smiled humorously. “According to a Muggle, this girl will face a hard and dangerous life, and she will die young. She will find an unexpected love that will be as strong as possible, but it will end not too long after starting.” Lily looked at her, horrified. “Of course, that’s all a load of rot,” Professor Madera comforted her. “That is simply a very broken and weak version of Divination. Believe me when I say, my dear, that you will live to be well over a hundred.” Lily gave her a wry smile and went back to her seat. As she passed him, James mimicked Professor Madera in exaggerated movements, waving his arms around mystically, and Lily stifled a giggle. So, James was still flirting with her. Boys.

How long do you think Lily and Robert will stay together, and how will they break up?? Thats the challenge! enjoy!!

Exclusion by harry_potter_star
Chapter 19 “ Exclusion












Lily sat in the Common Room, going over the transfiguration homework that Professor McGonagall had assigned: a report on Animagi. She was in the middle of researching the life of one famous Animagus; Sam Clanderbuilt, who had transformed into a fox, and was almost immediately shot by his best friend.










You can train for years to become an Animagus, and yes, there are risks, She wrote, her quill flying across the yellowed parchment. Transforming can be an agonizing process, and not always complete…










After what seemed like an eternity, the last sentence was written, and she was free to go. Sighing, she put down her pen, and began to gather her equipment together. She looked up to see Robert striding up to her, and she allowed him to wrap her tightly in a comforting goodnight hug.










On the other side of the Common Room, James scowled venomously, slouching on his chair with his arms folded. Lily tried to ignore him, and she only glanced back once before she left the Common Room.






















James watched as Lily left the Common Room, sadly, trying as hard as he could to not let his emotions show on his face. What I wouldn’t give to be Robert right now, he thought self-pityingly.










Well, Robert and Lily wouldn’t be together forever, and Lily practically promised to go out with him after Robert, hadn’t she? Yes, he told himself. Well, close enough anyway.










“How are you going with your transforming?” Sirius asked him curiously, pulling James away from his daydream.










“Great, watch,” said James excitedly, straightening up in his chair.










James concentrated like he never had before, he wasn’t sure exactly what on, he just seemed to know instinctively what he was aiming for. His hands tingled slightly, and he opened his eyes hopefully.










The top of his hands had turned from their usual soft peachy colour to a rough, cracked grey surface. His fingers had shortened considerably in length, and now resembled stumps. He also had thick brown hair on his left wrist.










“That’s amazing!” said Remus admiringly; leaning in closer to inspect James’s outstretched hand. James smiled proudly, looking over to Sirius to see his reaction.










Sirius pouted, jealousy showing on his face. “The most I’ve been able to do is make the bottom of my hands grow really rough,” he admitted.










“I haven’t been able to do anything!” Peter wailed, wringing his hands and sitting forward in his chair.










“Come on Peter, how hard have you been practicing?” Sirius questioned.










“About once a week…” Peter estimated.










“Ok, now, every night before you go to sleep, concentrate on pushing fur out of your skin, or getting smaller or bigger, or whatever, you’ll know when the time comes,” James advised him.










“Ok, thanks James!” Peter said jubilantly, brightening up considerably.










“No problem,” James smiled, momentarily forgetting that he was supposed to be feeling rotten.










Sirius, however, raised his eyebrows. “You know, Peter, I’ve been thinking. I really can’t be sure if you’re going to be alright coming with us on the full moons.”










Peter bristled. “What do you mean?” he demanded sharply.










James joined in. “You know, he’s got a point,” he teased, grinning broadly. “I mean, we might be spending whole nights in the forest; you might not be up to it...”










“I would so!” insisted Peter, who was working himself up into a frenzy. Remus looked on disapprovingly, but did nothing to stop James and Sirius.










“It was just a thought,” said Sirius casually, brushing a stray strand of soft black hair out of his dancing grey eyes.










Peter scowled almost as darkly as James had earlier, when Lily had ignored him.










After awhile, the boys decided to head upstairs to their dormitories. As they trudged sleepily up the seemingly never-ending staircases, James let out a yawn and remarked, “We should get top marks in this Transfiguration essay.”










Remus smiled. “You and Sirius will, anyway,” he allowed, shrugging, and then he cringed, realizing what he'd said.

It was too late though: the damage had been done, and Peter didn’t say a word to them for the rest of the night.










*











The next day was the first Quidditch match that Gryffindor played that year. Alanah Taliban, had both left Hogwarts the year before, and one of James’s fellow Chasers, Byron Justin, had filled her place as Quidditch Captain.







Logan Koror had also left, and Danny Clostner, who was, to be quite honest, pathetic at flying, had filled the place of Seeker.










Byron had chosen a second year girl to replace Alanah: Florence Coliprio, who was quite good at Quidditch and very pretty, with thick, dark brown hair and large blue eyes.










This match was against Slytherin, and James was eager to beat them as hard as they could, as he was quite sure Justin would be murderous if they dared slip up.










Justin was as strict a coach as Alana, if not worse, and they’d spent hours and hours training for this event. James had the feeling that he wanted to prove, to himself more than anyone else, that he was a good choice as Captain.










Not far into the game, James noticed Danny hovering in midair and looking around uncertainly, unsure of what to do. James felt a warning run through his body, and he called anxiously out to Danny.










Move, or you’ll get hit by-”










“OW!”










“-a Bludger,” James finished, wincing as Danny clutched his leg in pain.










James shook his head, and turned back to the game to see Florence catch a pass skilfully, and turned to look at James, her piercing blue eyes cutting right into him.










Florence passed the Quaffle to James, and James scored a goal with ease, but he barely even noticed the crowd’s cheers; he was far too busy watching Danny chase a butterfly that had so rudely landed on his nose.










“That guy is hopeless,” he whispered to Jaslyn, before intercepting Liam Nodding’s attempt at scoring a goal.










“James!” a voice cried, and he ducked as a well-aimed Bludger narrowly missed his head. James shot a grateful glance at Florence, and then turned to scowl at Ciaran Rowen, a Beater on the Slytherin team.










Rowen just shot a smirk at him and flew off.














After five hours of roughly the same thing, James was starting to get annoyed. It was a slow game, and the Seekers on both teams seemed to be lost in their own little world.







By now, James was sporting several bruises from where the Bludgers that Rowen had been repeatedly pelting his way. James couldn’t help but wonder whether he knew Snape.










“Clostner!” James cried to the daydreaming boy. “Are you even looking for the Snitch?”










Danny hung his head. “Yes, but it’s hard, there are people watching,” he protested.







People watching? Danny, it’s a Quidditch game, of course there are people watching!” he cried in frustration.










Before Danny could reply, James was passed the Quaffle, and he effortlessly scored a goal.










“Slytherin Seeker Ryrie Hilleway has caught the Snitch, earning 160 points for the Slytherin team, however, Gryffindor win!” Claire blurted out quickly, sounding relieved that the match was over.










A cheer erupted from the crowds, even from the Slytherins, which was a surprise to James. Finally,thought James, as he landed his broom and kicked his legs about, trying to get the circulation flowing again.










Once he had achieved this, he ran over to join Sirius and Remus, who were waiting for him by the stands. “Where’s Peter?” he asked.










“He went inside to attempt to catch up on his homework,” Remus laughed.










“If I didn’t know better, I would think that he was bored with Quidditch!” Sirius remarked in mock disbelief.










James looked serious. “No one gets bored with Quidditch, it isn’t possible...” he whispered.










Lily brushed past him, holding hands with Robert, and giggling girlishly, making a point not to look at James.










James pointedly kept his head down, refusing to look at them in return. Sirius noticed this, and threw his arm around James shoulder. “Don’t worry about them, they won’t last forever,” he reasoned.










James pulled Sirius’s arm off his shoulder, and shoved him playfully. Sirius banged into Remus with a yelp, which caused Remus to fall sideways, grabbing onto Sirius. Sirius wildly snatched onto James right arm, and the three boys fell into a laughing heap on the grass.










*








Lily pulled her knees up to her chest, and rested her head on them sleepily. It was late at night, and she was glad for the quietness of the near empty Common Room. She needed some time to think.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t get thoughts of James out of her head. She was incredibly mad at herself; she felt so disloyal to Robert.










They weren’t so much thoughts of how much she liked him, more thoughts of whether she did or not. Lily was incredibly confused. She knew that she shouldn’t, but she had already learned during her life that it wasn’t your own decision who you liked, it just happens.










A movement out the corner of her eye caused her to look up, breaking out of her thoughts, and she saw that Robert was making his way towards her. He sat down on the arm of her chair and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.










“Lily, are you alright? You seem a bit preoccupied tonight,” he commented, his features concerned. Lily shook her head and forced a bright smile, which probably turned out as more of a forced smirk.










“I’m fine, really,” she assured him, standing up. He stood up as well, and looked sadly towards the door.










“If you’re sure you’re alright, I should be heading off to bed then I suppose,” he murmured uncertainly, giving her a knowing look. He quickly made his way to his dormitory, leaving Lily to sit in silence.






















Robert entered the dormitory with such a confused look on his face that Sirius felt compelled to ask him what the matter was.










Robert sprawled onto his bed, and looked over to him. “Lily’s been acting really strange lately… I think she doesn’t like me anymore!”










This caught James’s attention immediately, and he sat straight up on his bed.










“I always knew it wouldn’t last,” Sirius drawled with a melodramatic sigh. Robert looked at him sharply.










“She’s probably just having a girl moment,” Remus observed, in an attempt to be comforting.










“Where’s Peter?” James asked suddenly, noticing his absence for the first time.










“He’s probably still in the Common Room,” Sirius yawned.










“Actually, I don’t think I saw him in there…” Robert commented.










“I’ll go down and get him,” James sighed dramatically, getting slowly off of his bed. He was the only one not in his pyjamas, so he figured it made sense for him to go.










As he entered the Common Room, however, he saw straightaway that it’s only occupant was Lily, who was staring so intently at the fire that she didn’t even acknowledge his entry into the room.







James approached her slowly, tilting his head onto the side cautiously. He waited until he was close enough to touch her before he asked, “Lily?” in a loud voice.










Lily jumped almost a mile and let out a yelp. James jumped backwards and swore. “Merlin, Woman, calm down!” he cried.










Lily looked embarrassed. “Sorry, but you didn’t have to sneak up on me like that!" she snapped.










“I didn’t sneak, I-”










“What is it?” Lily interrupted him, folding her arms.










James was flustered. “I…er, have you seen Peter?”










“No, why?” Lily asked absently.










“Oh, no reason, just we can’t find him,” James said casually, examining the fireplace mantel top. A faded, yellowing piece of parchment caught his eye, with the letters S J R written on it.










He picked it up curiously, and turned it over. He scanned the words written, and then dropped it as if it were on fire. “That idiot…”










Lily looked up. “What’s the matter?” she asked.










James didn’t hesitate before running upstairs. Lily sat for a moment before standing up and grabbing the letter. She scanned it quickly, and finished reading just as James came running down the stairs, now with a thick jacket on.










“What did you say to him?” she demanded.










“It was Sirius!” James defended himself. “Are you coming?”







Lily looked stunned. “You can’t be serious! It’s after dark, what if we get caught? It’s not just a night-time stroll James!”










“Are you coming?” James repeated looking her in the eye. Lily hesitated, then sighed. “Do I have a choice?” she asked, defeated.










James gave her a quick smile.










I hope you liked the chapter! Sorry it took so long! review challenge, quite an obvious one.

What has happened to Peter??


Playing into Hands by harry_potter_star

Chapter 20 - Playing into Hands


Lily stood in front of the forest, enchanted. The trees towered above her majestically, and the stillness sent shivers down her spine. James smiled, fully aware of her feelings. “It’s pretty brilliant, isn’t it?” he asked, grinning.





Lily turned to look at him, her eyes lit up in a thrill of excitement. She was going into the forest, in the middle of the night, with James. Hadn’t she had a fantasy about this sometime during second year?







James led the way into the forest, and Lily followed closely, still looking around her in awe.







A soft rustle caught Lily’s attention, and she froze. James walked ahead, seemingly unaware of the fact that Lily had stopped walking. Lily could hear nothing but the awful beating of her heart pounding against her chest. She caught a glimpse of bright white in amongst the trees, and, her curiosity getting the better of her, she slowly, cautiously, made her way towards it.







Her gaze was transfixed, like a bug caught in the hypnotic glow of a florescent light, and she was unable to tear her eyes away. She got down on her hands and knees and crawled amongst the bushes, her shaking fingers digging into the damp soil beneath them.







Unblinking, she slowly rose, not bothering to dust of the dirt that had collected on her robes. As she raised her eyes, they soon met a pair of deep, bottomless black eyes which stared back at her.





Her breath caught in her throat as she realized exactly what it was that she was looking at; a majestic, pure white unicorn. Just being in the presence of the beautiful creature filled her with awe and peacefulness, and she desperately hoped that it wouldn’t leave.







On the contrary, after resting its gaze upon the girl tentatively, the majestic beast took a cautious step forward, and then another one. For Lily, time seemed to stand still, and she silently willed the unicorn to continue towards her.







“LILY!” James’s panicky voice rang out through the forest, shattering the silence like glass. A wild look sprung into the unicorn’s eyes, and it galloped off into the pitch darkness of the night.







“No! Come back!” Lily whispered urgently, but it was too late.







'”LILY!” James shouted again, this time much closer to her. Lily’s eyes narrowed, and she stepped out of the bushes slowly.







“Where were you? We’re supposed to stick together,” James scolded, folding his arms and glaring at her. “How could you do that?” she demanded, her eyes wide. James looked confused. “Do what? I-”



”That was , oh, a once in a lifetime chance you idiot!” Lily cried in frustration. James was growing mad; he wasn’t accustomed to being yelled at for something he didn’t do, let alone when he didn’t even know what he had supposedly done!





“I have no idea what you’re on about, Evan’s,” James informed her, adding the last part to make sure Lily understood that he was annoyed.





Lily indignantly pulled at her clothes, and stood stared at him, looking right into his eyes. “Oh, so it’s Evans now, is it?” she demanded in a hurt voice. James broke the gaze first, and hastened to correct himself. “Lily, I meant, sorry I didn’t-”







“Well, Potter, thanks heaps for ruining that,” Lily snapped, folding her arms sulkily. James felt a surge of anger rush through him, and he unwillingly responded to it.







“Actually, Evans, I might have been sorry for whatever I did, not that you even took the trouble to explain that properly, though now I honestly couldn’t care less!” he snarled, stressing the word “Evans” scornfully.







“If that’s how you feel about it, then we should part right here. I’ll go my way, you go yours. We’ll probably find Peter quicker this way anyway,” Lily sniffed.







“You wouldn’t make it,” James sneered.







“You. Watch. Me,” Lily hissed, before turning heel and storming to her left. James stood, stunned for a moment, trying to make sense of what had just happened, his head spinning slightly.







“Oh, just brilliant,” he growled sarcastically, before continuing forward, only slightly more cautious than before.











Lily stopped suddenly, as she realized she had no idea where she was going. A sudden sense of panic surged through her, and she desperately wanted to erase the last few minutes. “Come back,” she whispered under her breath, tears filling her eyes.







There was no way he could have heard her.
















Peter sat under the tree, his knees brought up to his chest, and he rocked back and forth slightly. He didn’t dare to go to sleep, not where he was, though tiredness overwhelmed him.







Every slight movement made him jump, and he began to wish more and more that he could get out of there, out of the cold and forbidding stillness that surrounded him, smothered him…









Peter sat under the tree sulkily, trying to ignore the roars of the excited crowd of students watching the Quidditch Match nearby. All he wanted to was to distance himself from all the kids, especially his so-called friends.







They didn’t believe in him at all, they even thought him worthless. “Well, I’m not,” Peter mumbled softly, throwing a stick as far as he could. It didn’t get very far.







Swearing furiously under his breath, he stood up to retrieve the stick. As he rose from picking it up, he was startled to find himself looking right into the face of Severus Snape. Peter gave a surprised yelp and jumped backwards.







Snape put on a wide smile. “Hello, Pettigrew,” he greeted the embarrassed boy. “Nick off,” Peter grumbled, turning around, abruptly







Snape took no notice of this, and walked to face him again. “You and I aren’t so different you know, Peter.”







Peter raised an eyebrow at the use of his first name by a person he’d considered his enemy for so long now. “How do you figure that?” he asked offhandedly.







“Well, there’s proof right here, isn’t there?” Snape pointed out. “Both of us just trying to escape the overbearing crowds, in the same place even! Both of us left behind by our friends-”







“I have
not been left behind by my friends!” Peter insisted defensively. “Where are they then?” Snape asked, not nastily.







“Watching the game…” Peter murmured cautiously. Snape simply nodded, and Peter was hasty to add, “It was my choice to come here.”







“Yeah…” Snape trailed off. “You do have fantastic friends, don’t you? Always there for you, would never dream of making you feel bad…”







Peter looked indignant. “Hardly!” The word was out of his mouth before he could catch it. Snape’s eyes widened, curiously. “What do you mean?” he asked. Peter hesitated, before he started to tell Snape exactly what they had said to him…










Peter was brought back to reality by a shrill birds call above his head. He scrambled to his feet, his heart pounding and his breath coming out in short, frightened gasps.







He remembered how sympathetic Snape had acted while Peter poured his heart out, about how insecure he often felt around his friends, and how he felt that he could never live up to them.







Snape had listened, comforted and even helped. Snape had given him the idea to show them that he could do what they did, and more! Snape has helped him to see that just by spending a night in the forest, unarmed, he could prove that he was worthy.







Only, now he was starting to wonder if it was such a good idea…






















Snape fingered his perfectly polished wand delicately. So far… everything was going exactly the way he wanted it to. Potter had decided to play the hero and rescue his pathetic little friend.







Of course, he had counted on Black to be accompanying him, perhaps Lupin, and he was surprised to see the mudblood joining him. Not that it affected the situation… Potter and she had fixed that for him by splitting up.







He had had this planned out for weeks. First, give Potter a “little scare”… not too much pain involved anyway… Then leave this little note somewhere on him.







Snape looked over the note skeptically. Bland. There was no sense of fear about it. Suddenly he had a brainwave. “Incendio,” he whispered, aiming his wand at the small square of paper. At first it had the desired effect, and the outside burned into a charred border. Suddenly though, the paper went up in flames.







Snape swore and began to blow desperately at the paper, trying to put out the fire. Finally, the fire went out, leaving a few charred black remains of the paper. Cursing under his breath, he dropped the paper on the floor without bothering to put out the last burning spots. He knew from experience that they would put themselves out.







“PETER!” a voice rang out from nearby. Snape’s scowl turned into a grin. Perfect
























Where is he? wondered James nervously. A crunching sound took his attention, like dried leaves being stepped on. “Peter?” He called hopefully, pointing his wand’s light into the direction that the sound came from.







There was no response.







A soft laugh, instead came from the direction he was looking at. James’s heart sped up by about three times, and he could hardly choke out the words, “P-Peter? Is that…” he trailed off, his shaking hand holding onto his wand like a lifeline.





It happened all at once. “EXPELLIARMUS!” the voice cried, and James’s wand flew out of his hand. Before James had time to respond, the voice shouted again, this time with, “INCARCEROUS!” James found himself on the ground, his legs and arms bound by strong, thick ropes.





James was overcome by panic, and the spells roared in his head. His torso began stinging uncontrollably and he was vaguely aware one of the spells must have been a stinging hex. The roaring in his head grew louder and more overtaking, until he eventually passed out.
















Lily dearly regretted blowing up at James. As annoying as he could be at times, there was a lot that she would give to have him with her right then. She looked around in frustration, unable to tell one tree from another.







“They all look the same!” she complained out loud. Just calm down, she told herself, but she couldn’t resist giving one of the offending trees a hard kick.





A loud, protesting squawk from high in the tree made her jump. Ok, that was a bad idea, she thought, slightly embarrassed.



She looked around her for any sign that Peter may have been there, but nothing she could see looked promising.





She slumped against a tree, letting herself fall to the ground. “I’m lost,” she admitted with a sigh.








Remus’s eyes flew open in response to Sirius shaking him violently. “What’s the matter?” Remus mumbled sleepily. “The matter is that it’s quarter to three in the morning, and James and Peter still aren’t back!”







Remus sighed and dropped his head back down on the comfort of his feather pillow. “They probably just went for a nice walk or something…” he yawned.







“A walk? At three o’clock in the morning? James?” asked Sirius doubtfully. Remus opened his eyes again; he had a point, James wasn’t exactly what you’d call a morning person.





“Look, if they’re not back for half an hour, we’ll get a teacher.” Remus said decidedly. “But…” Sirius began to protest. “I, for one, don’t want to face McGonagall at three in the morning without being certain there’s a method to my madness,” Remus reasoned.



Sirius sat back, dejectedly. “Ok, but if Sirius and Peter turn up dead, I’m telling the authorities to cut you from their wills,” said Sirius warningly.



“Sirius, thirteen year olds don’t have wills,” Remus muttered, growing annoyed. “Well, in that case, I call his invisibility cloak!” Sirius smiled, brightly.








Jada looked under the bed. No Lily. She looked in the wardrobe. No Lily. “Where’s Lily?” She asked the room of sleeping girls. “She’s probably gone tah breakfesht…” Roxanna slurred, not yet fully awake.







“Or, she went to look at the view and fell out the window and died,” suggested Krysta cheerfully. “Oh, that’s just lovely,” Thaliana frowned. “It’s possible,” argued Krysta.



“Might’ve gone for a night-time stroll with Robbie,” Roxanna put in, grinning. “I don’t think so…” Jada trailed off. “I’m going to check in the Common Room, who’s coming with me?”







“I say we check in on the guys to see if Robert’s not there!” insisted Roxanna. Krysta brightened. “I agree with Roxy; any chance to see guys in their PJs is fine with me. If we’re lucky, they won’t have tops on!”







Thaliana shuddered at the thought of Peter without a top on, but agreed to go and check in on the boys first.



Not long after, the four of them burst through the doors, causing Sirius to fall off his bed in a shock and Remus to pull the blankets around him in shocked horror.



“Is Robert in here?” Thaliana asked bluntly.





“Why do you want to know?” asked Sirius slyly. Remus rolled his eyes. “He’s still asleep, that guy can sleep through anything.”





“James and Peter are gone though, how about you do us a favour and fetch them?” added Sirius.



Jada looked worried. “James is gone?” she asked anxiously.





“Oh, don’t anyone worry about Peter now,” Sirius said in mock disappointment.





“If we’re lucky, he’ll stay gone!” Thaliana realized, smiling at the thought.



“Lily’s missing as well….” Jada informed them. “Well, mystery solved,” Sirius said joyfully. “Lily and James went off to snog in a corner somewhere, and Peter went to watch.”







Remus fought back a smile. “has anyone thought of checking the common room yet?” he wondered. There was a chorus of “no’s”. “Well, let’s check there first, how about that?”
















James stirred slightly, his head throbbing. He was burning with pain, and his breaths came out in short, ragged gasps. He lay there, unable to move for a few moments while he collected his thoughts, until he noticed the strange smell. Smoke. Definitely smoke.





He lifted his head so fast that his neck cracked, and looked around wildly, until he caught a glimpse of a bright orange flame dance into the air not too far away. He let out a soft moan of horror, and then using every ounce of his strength, tried to escape from his bindings. They wouldn’t budge.





As far as he could see, there was only one thing left that he could do.





“HELP!” he screamed at the top of his lungs.
















Lily smelled the smoke instantly. Her breath caught in her throat, and she immediately turned to run, before she realized she had no idea which way to go. Her breathing sped up as she whirled around, trying to determine which way the smell was drifting from.





She was almost sure it was to her right. She was just about to start running to her left, when she heard a faint cry.





James. She would know his voice anywhere.





Without even stopping to think, she ran to her right, into the cover of the trees.
















“James?” cried a voice. James looked up hopefully to see Peter standing there, looking at him in horror.





“Peter!” James yelled jubilantly. “Get me out of here, quick!”





“Do you have any idea how close the fire is?” Peter cried, dropping to his knees to work at the ropes.





“No, I thought the searing heat and roaring meant that it was miles away!” James snapped sarcastically.





Peter looked hurt. “I’m just trying to save your life here!” he pointed out.





James looked apologetic. “Sorry… but I wouldn’t even be out here if it weren’t for you!”





“Funny, I wouldn’t be out here if it weren’t for you either,” Peter shot back.





James ignored this, and raised his head to check on the status of the flames. “Hurry, Peter! How are you going with those ropes?”





“Not good, these are strongly- strong….” Peter stammered, then trailed off, his eyes widening.





“What is it?” James asked, growing worried as Peter stood up. “Peter, where are you going?”





“They’re too close…” he murmured. “The fire’s too close…”





“Well, get me out of here then!” James cried shrilly, squirming in a panic, trying to break free of his prison.





Peter was hyperventilating by now, backing away slowly as though he were face-to-face with a lion, his eyes fixed on the flames.





“Peter? PETER?” James was screaming now.





“Sorry…sorry…” Peter kept whispering.





“No… NO, PETER! PETER, HELP ME!” James screamed helplessly. “Please…”

















Review challenge. I give in. For everyone who has decided to check this, I have a proposition, as you probably know already. It's been sooo long since I sat down to write it... but this story came so far! I wrote up to the fifth year on paper... It meant alot to me. It really did. But I'm human... I'm a fourteen year old girl, I'm nothing special! I deal with b***** girls, I fall for guys, I worry about my appearance, I listen to music. I wrote that just to stress that I'm just a normal teenager lol! But... I know that this story means (and meant) alot to some people. *get to the POINT*


I have records, you know. I wrote about two lined books full of stuff after this. All over my writing books I have scribbled ideas, pictures, plots, etc... What I am willing to so is this:
I have enough information to give you a summary of what was going to happen in forever yours. I could outline my plot ideas, character relationships, character deaths, etc...

There are drawbacks, however.

Obviously, if i had continued the story, I would have scrapped and changed several of these ideas. Also, Alot of the ideas sound ridiculously corny/silly/unrealistic if I just say them straight out... but then, so would the story I have written so far!

Are you willing to accept that?

I can understand if you don't think it's a good idea, all or nothing, that's fair enough. you might not want this good story ruined by outlined plots! I probably wouldn't..

But then some of you might be dying to know..
Let me know. Let me know your opinion! Email me, review me, whatever it takes, whether it's a good idea or a bad idea, your personal opinion really does count enormously to me.
So, what is it? Yes, do it. No, don't do it?
This is probably the last review challenge ever. :(
It's your choice! If you can, tell anyone that might have stopped checking this story summary long ago, just in case theyre interested!
Much love, sophie xo