She Will Be Loved by GracieAnne
Summary: Draco loses the girl he loved once, but he's not going to lose her again... A/N: Sortta fluffy
Categories: Hermione/Draco Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1539 Read: 2308 Published: 11/20/04 Updated: 11/20/04

1. She Will Be Loved by GracieAnne

She Will Be Loved by GracieAnne
Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot. The characters belong to JKR. I hope you enjoy the story, and please review.

He looked at the picture in his hand. He couldn't have been any happier back in his seventh year at Hogwarts. He remembered the way her hair felt when he ran his hand through it; it was like finest silk he ever touched. He remembered the way her honey brown eyes would sparkle when she laughed and they were always full of life. He remembered the way her pale, smooth skin felt under his touch, and the way she shivered when he kissed her sweet lips. He couldn't help to think about her now. It has been over two years now since he last saw her.

He couldn’t believe how foolish he was to let her go. He loved her to no end, and what really hurt was that he still loved her.

~¤~Flashback~¤~


“Draco, what is so important that you had to get me out of Charms? This is abusing your Head Boy privileges,” Hermione stated as she faced her boyfriend.

“Hermione, this is just important to me and to you. Even though you’ll be hurt with what I have to say,” Draco said, looking down at Hermione.

Hermione looked at him with her eyes wide. She knew what he was going to say to her and tears started to form at the corner of her eyes.

“No. You can’t be thinking... Draco, no.”

“I’m sorry. But we can’t be together anymore.”

"What do you mean we can't be together anymore?" Hermione asked, fighting the tears in her eyes.

"I just can't, Hermione. You have to understand, I just can't be with you," Draco said, running his hand through his white blonde hair. He avoided her gaze, afraid that he might break down.

"Draco, tell me. What could it be? Your father's dead, Voldemort's gone for good; what else could it be?" Hermione was on the verge of a break down, Draco could feel it.

"I can't, Hermione, I just can't," Draco said, looking into her honey brown eyes. He saw a tear slid down her face and moved to wipe it, but Hermione moved away.

"Don't Draco," Hermione said, and with that she left without looking back.

~¤~Now~¤~


Draco put the picture down. It was one of the few that he had left. He doesn’t know where the others went. He then picked up the stack of letters that he had received from Hermione throughout their two-year relationship. He picked one of the letters out and read it.

Dearest Draco, You should have taken me up on the offer to go to France with my parents. It's beautiful here; more beautiful than the last time we went. But I know you can't stand a Muggle even 100 feet from you, so I understand. I have to get going. Mother wants me for a minute.

Love Always, Hermione


Draco sighed. He looked at the handwriting, very neat, very beautiful, and very Hermione. He flipped through the other letters. All perfectly written in red ink with her quill. He noticed how she always addressed them "Dearest".

He couldn't help but feel angry with himself. He let go the only girl that would really love him. He was scared. Scared that he might love her back. He didn't know why it would bother him so much. He did love her. He loved her so much that he had to let her go. To keep her safe, even though his father and Voldemort were gone.

At that moment, Draco needed Hermione more than ever. After two whole years without her, talking about her, even writing about her; he needed her, more than ever. He pulled out a piece of parchment and his quill, and started to write. When he was done he called his owl, Judas, over. He tied the letter to the owl's leg.

"Find Hermione, Judas. Find her quickly!" Draco said, carrying the owl to the window. He watched Judas flew away into the night.

~¤~Flashback~¤~


"Malfoy!"

Draco stopped in his tracks. He knew that voice too well. He knew whom it belonged to, what the person was capable of, and he knew that this person wasn't happy.

"What do you want, Potter?" Draco snapped as he turned to face the Gryffindor. He didn't want to put up with Harry and Ron right now. But to his surprise, Ron wasn't at Harry’s side.

"What did you do to Hermione?" Harry demanded.

"I broke up with her. Aren't you happy now?" Draco responded.

"Why?" Harry asked, wide eyed, and clearly surprised by Draco’s response.

"Isn't that what you wanted ever since Hermione and I had been going out? Like you were really happy for her when she told you that she chose me over you. I just did you a favor Potter. You can have her." Draco turned to walk away but Harry ran in front to stop him.

"Yes, I didn't want you two to be together, but I accepted it. And besides Malfoy, since when do you do me favors?"

"Since I dumped Hermione."

Harry looked at Draco with disbelief. Draco walked by Harry and started down the hallway.

~¤~Now~¤~


It seemed like forever for Judas to return, but it only took four days for him to return. Draco noticed he didn't come back empty handed. He relieved Judas from his burden. He recognized the handwriting. It was Hermione's. He noticed that the parchment had water stains on them. He wondered if she had cried when she was writing to him. He opened the letter.

Draco, I thought you have forgotten about me. I was really surprised when Judas showed up at my bedroom window last night, and to find that you have written me a letter, a prolonged one. Yes, I have thought of you too. Wondering how you were doing, getting along. To let you know, Ron and I broke the engagement off a year ago. No I haven't been with anyone since then. Draco, you don't know how much you had hurt me when you broke up with me with out a reason. But when you told me the reason in your letter, I understood...

Draco smiled. "You always understood," he said to know one.

...You see, when I told you that I loved you, I was scared too. That you weren't going to make it, that you weren't gonna be able to say how you felt. Draco, to tell you the truth, I still love you. It was one of the reasons that I had to break it off with Ron. I wasn't ready for a life-long commitment. Not with him anyways. I've cried for many nights, since you broke it off with us. Now I cry even more, because you love me. After all these years, you still love me, and I still love you.

Stay in touch.

Love Always, Hermione


Draco couldn't stand it much longer. He had to see Hermione as soon as possible, no matter what.

~~¤~~


Hermione walked to the kitchen, wiping the tears from her eyes. She couldn't believe that Draco loved her. And that he broke it off with them because of it. She opened the fridge and pulled out some pumpkin juice. When she turned around, she almost screamed and dropped her glass. Standing right in front of her was Draco.

"It can't be," Hermione said, rubbing her red eyes. "Is it really you?" New tears were forming in the corner of her eyes.

Draco stepped forward and said, "In the flesh." He smiled down at the girl he used to love, and still did. He raised his hand and wiped away the tears that were falling down her tear stained cheeks. She looked up into his gray eyes. She noticed that he hadn't really changed. He still looked the same, except that his hair was a little shorter and that he had to grew another 3 inches.

"Draco." Hermione began, but was cut short when Draco leaned in and kissed her lips. She felt like she was on air.

Draco couldn't believe that her kissed still tasted sweet like candy. He pulled her closer to him, and could feel her knees go weak. He could feel her hand behind his neck; the sensation he got from her touch was familiar.

They broke away, both breathless. Hermione gave a weak smile, and ran one hands through his hair. "I've missed you," she said. Her hands ran down his chest where she started to unbutton his shirt.

"I missed you too, Hermione," Draco said. He picked her up, and carried her to the bedroom.

A/N: Please tell me what you think of it!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3139