Unexpected Love by anticrombie0919
Summary: MASSIVE REDO FOR THIS STORY

I'm going through and completely updating it. The plot will basically be the same, but I'm going to-hopefully-make the writing better.

Wish me luck!





STORY IS NOW ON FANFICTION.NET!!!!! NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED TO UNPREDICTED LOVE! This is my first fic so I'm sorry about any mistakes! Summary: Draco and Hermione are both heads, faced with the challenge of being able to stay in the same room for more than five minutes without arguing. Is it possible? And if it is, what happens when Draco and Hermione are able to get along? Maybe a little GA, not quite sure but it will be updated if that changes.

PLEASE READ! Constructive critism wanted!



everything Harry Potter related is owned by JK Rowling (characters, settings, and main ideas, etc. etc.) and all movie rights are owned by Warner Bros.
Categories: Hermione/Draco Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 12647 Read: 31445 Published: 11/20/04 Updated: 12/13/05

1. Malfoy by anticrombie0919

2. Jerk by anticrombie0919

3. The Door, the Dance, and the Dare by anticrombie0919

4. Fun First Day Back by anticrombie0919

5. The Bathroom by anticrombie0919

6. Confusion by anticrombie0919

7. Together by anticrombie0919

8. Bring It On by anticrombie0919

9. See You Tomorrow by anticrombie0919

Malfoy by anticrombie0919
Hermione Granger turned her head from the window and glanced at her best friends. Ginny Weasley, her best girl friend and confidant, was now in her sixth and second to last year at Hogwarts. Hermione could see her vibrant red hair in it’s fullness for Ginny was turned on her side sleeping. Ginny’s brother, Ron, had the same flaming red hair as Ginny. Though they grew up in the same wizarding family Ron was much more of a quidditch person than Ginny was. Quidditch talk didn’t suit Hermione much. She could never get the names right. But luckily for her, her other best friend Harry Potter was a quidditch fanatic too, so she didn’t have to listen to Ron drone on and on. And of course, they were talking about quidditch now.

“Do you remember the Wronski Feint Krum did at the Quidditch World cup?” Hermione’s raven haired, bescarred, green-eyed friend said.

“Oy! Krum was amazing!! I still can’t believe the Irish seeker fell for that!”

Hermione tuned them out and looked back out the window. She had been looking at the scenery from the Hogwarts Express for about forty-five minutes now and felt the need to walk. She sighed.

“Harry, Ron, I’m going for a walk, okay?”

Harry and Ron looked up. “Sure Hermione!” Harry told her. “Whatever you say!”

Hermione left the carriage and, gingerly stepping over Ginny, exited into the corridor with her new laptop in hand. She had gotten the laptop while she was in America during the summer. She had gone to America with her parents to “get away from it all.” As if you could ever get away. Still, she did have a good time. She had made a friend in the U.S., which turned out to be a good thing for Hermione. Her new friend Aimee had really helped her with her “look”. Aimee showed her how to apply make-up, how to tell what make-up you need to put on to achieve the look you want, how to choose outfits, how to match outfits, etc. etc. The final product of Aimee’s teaching was a new and improved Hermione. Plus Hermione had really filled out over the summer too, meaning when she walked down the street she could expect a few cat calls. Hermione’s once bushy hair had been transformed into long, silky, brunette hair that cascaded down her back perfect for hair flips.

Hermione stood outside the closed carriage door for a while, thinking about America and her new friend, when she heard a noise coming from the end of the hall. Snapping back into reality, she turned right and headed down to the end of the corridor. Trying to find the source of the noise, she looked into every carriage until she was in the very back of the train. Having failed to locate the commotion, she went into an empty carriage, opening her laptop. Just after signing on to the internet, she heard it again. This time it was more decipherable then before and Hermione could tell it was someone arguing rather than just any old noise. Opening the carriage door silently she looked out into the hall and didn’t see anyone. She stepped quietly onto the carpet and saw the carriage door one down and across from hers open with alarming speed. The brunette drew back into the cubicle so only her head was showing and, to her surprise, Pansy Parkinson, a seventh year Slytherin, stepped out of the carriage crying.

‘Who could make someone as evil as Pansy cry?! They would have to be truly horrendous to upset her!’

Draco Malfoy followed Pansy out yelling “You heard me! We’re THROUGH! You’ve ALWAYS bugged me and you think it’s fine if you bat your eyelashes at me! GET AWAY AND STOP SNIVELING!” Pansy fled down the corridor crying while Draco Malfoy stood there, fists clenched and nostrils flaring. Hermione stood unmoving there shocked. The girl gasped, finally registering what she had seen.

Malfoy heard Hermione and turned around to face her. In what seemed like a second he had crossed the hallway and had pulled her forcibly into the carriage.

“What are you doing here?!” Draco snarled.

Hermione looked at him with her wide brown eyes not answering.

“ANSWER ME!” Draco yelled.

Regaining her composure Hermione said coldly, “Am I not allowed to have my own carriage?”

“You could have gotten one upfront!” Draco said, obviously trying very hard not to scream again.

“And what if there were none?” Hermione said, now shooting darts with her eyes.

Draco said nothing. He just gave Hermione his worst glare and stormed out of the carriage, leaving the shivering girl standing there.

After Hermione heard Draco’s carriage door slam, Hermione slumped down panting on the red velvet bench next to her laptop.

“I was right.” She stated weakly.

“It was somebody truly horrendous that made Pansy cry. It was Malfoy.”
Jerk by anticrombie0919
~~~~~*****Chapter 2***** ~~~~~



“Hurry up Hermione!” Ginny called to the brunette as she stumbled hurriedly out of the carriage.

“Sorry Gin! I was just wondering who the heads are going to be!” she called back.

“You, OBVIOSLY!” Ginny stated jokingly as Hermione blushed deep red.

“Well, let’s hurry up to the feast so we can find out!” Harry said exasperatedly.

“And eat!” Interjected Ron, making all his friends laugh. Together they ran up the familiar stone steps into the Great Hall, searching for seats together at the Gryffindor table. As they jogged into the Great Hall they saw Draco Malfoy and his group of cronies laughing so hard that tears were running down faces.

‘Wonder who their laughing at now?’ Hermione thought curiously.

“OY! Granger! What are you looking at?!” Pansy Parkinson, a seventh year Slytherin, asked with a malicious sneer on her face. Hermione walked slowly over, saying in a louder voice than needed, “Obviously not you Parkinson, my eyes couldn’t handle the pain from looking at your face.”

The people around Hermione, many of them in the Gryffindor house, laughed along with heart. And to Hermione’s surprise, Malfoy chuckled too. Out of sheer shock, she voiced out-loud the question she had in her head.

“You find that funny Malfoy?! Isn’t she your girlfriend?” Draco’s head turned so suddenly she thought he was going to get whiplash.

“What do you mean Mudblood? That Pansy is my girlfriend?! Please Granger, I have higher standards than that!” Then he leaned closer whispering so only she could hear, “And yes, anything that insults that whore I find funny.”

The shocked brunette looked at Malfoy then whispered, “You have standards? Wow, what are they? Pureblood, female, and willing to shag you?” She could see his face start to contort in anger as he grasped the meaning of what she had said.

“You think your funny, don’t you, Mudblood?” he snarled, again in his low voice.

“Actually, I do,” Hermione stated simply as she stood up straight and walked the rest of the way into the Great Hall, taking a seat at the Gryffindor table, soon followed by her friends.




When the Great Hall had filled and everyone had turned expectantly towards Professor Dumbledore, he finally rose and said his usual words of welcome. “Hello returning students and those of you new to our halls. I want to make some start of the term notices. First off, the Forbidden Forest is off grounds to all students, and an updated list of banned items can be seen in Mr. Filch’s office. But on to more exciting news. We have chosen our Head Boy and Head Girl, Draco Malfoy” a huge roar of applause came from the Slytherin table. “And Hermione Granger.”

Hermione couldn’t believe it. She sat there stunned with her mouth slightly agape while the entire Gryffindor table was on its feet yelling it’s praise and Ginny was screaming “I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU!”

When the cheering had finally died down Dumbledore stood up and said “Will the Heads please meet me at the staff table. Thank you very much, now go to bed and sleep, all of you. Tomorrow is the first day of school.”

All the students got up and Hermione parted with Harry, Ron and Ginny.

“Bye!” She said as Malfoy walked over from the opposite side of the room to join her where Dumbledore was standing.

“Ah. My two new Heads. Let me show you to your rooms.” He swept out of the hall and Hermione and Malfoy trailed behind him like puppies. “As you know, you two will share a common room. You may still visit you old common rooms, of course. And the passwords shouldn’t be a problem, seeing as you are setting them. Your duties will include meeting with the Prefects, and arranging all Hogsmeade trips. Any questions?” When he had stopped talking he had also stopped walking, right in front of a painting of a group of girls in a field of flowers. A girl with bright blonde hair pulled back into a periwinkle ribbon asked them in a squeaky voice “Password?” Professor Dumbledore turned around, his hair long white hair shining bright. “Ah, I believe it’s hogwash.”

“Exasperated, sir?” Malfoy asked with an unconcerned look on his pompous face.

“No, no! That’s the password!” Dumbledore said excitedly. Malfoy’s eyebrows rose, blending in with his platinum hair. Behind Dumbledore, that girl chanted in a sing-song voice, “Yes, yes that’s the password! You’re correct! Come on in! It’ll be a blast, so just climb on through! Unless you want to stand out here, just me and you!”

Both Heads had a repulsed look on their faces, but Dumbledore just smiled and stepped into the Heads common room.

Hermione had never seen anything like it. The ceiling was like the one in the Great Hall, and showed the starry night sky outside. There were two couches facing each other, one a dark green lined with silver, one a deep red lined with gold. Between the couches, there was a low mahogany coffee table that was brightly polished and lined up with the merrily crackling, red brick fire place. The walls were the usual stone, tastefully covered with pictures of previous Heads and Headmasters, matched the green and gold carpet lining the floor. Leading from the common room was three doors. After inspection, it was discovered that one led to a small kitchen and the other two led to stairs that the two Heads supposed led to their rooms but didn’t venture any further for the moment.

“Do you find it satisfactory?” Dumbledore asked as his eyes dancing with amusement.

“Of course!” and “It will do.” Cried Hermione and Malfoy.

“And Professor, may I ask a question?”

“You just have, Miss. Granger, but you may ask another one.” The girl blushed a light shade of red.

“I was just wondering if we were going to have the Yule Ball again this year.”

“Of course Miss. Granger, if you and Mr. Malfoy wish. You two are in charge of that as well. Hadn’t I said that? I guess not, otherwise you not have asked. ”

“Thank you Professor!” Hermione squeaked.

“Anytime, anytime. I shall leave you now to explore. Have a good night.” Professor Dumbledore left the common room with his robes billowing out underneath him.

Hermione turned to go up the staircase on the left, which she thought would be hers because it had a red carpet on the stairs, as Malfoy said, “Night, Mudblood. Don’t try to sneak into my room during the middle of the night, I won’t shag you like you want me to.”

Hermione started choking. When she had finally regained use of her voice she said “Only stupid, desperate, blind, and ugly girls would even consider shagging you.” With that she turned and walked up the steps, ignoring Malfoy as he said “Well, no guy in his right mind would shag with you!”

When she had reached the top of the staircase, she set her password (periwinkle) and stepped through the hole in the wall to find a circular room with big windows, a king four-post mahogany bed, and a plush white carpet. She had a vanity with a large round mirror next to her wardrobe and a small door that she supposed led to her bathroom. She changed into her pajamas that the house elves had brought up and flopped down on her bed, thinking How can Malfoy be such a jerk!?!
The Door, the Dance, and the Dare by anticrombie0919
Chapter 3:


Draco slammed the door. How could that filthy mudblood think that she could insult him like that!

“Pureblood, female, and willing to shag with you?!” he muttered in a taunting voice. ‘I could have any girl! Damn, I could have Hermione if I wanted! But why would I want to?’ these thoughts racing through his head as he set the password (giant squid), and stepped into his room.

It had a black carpet, paintings of Salazar Slytherin on the circular stone wall, a pine bed, and a wardrobe was open next to a large pine desk. In between the large windows and his bed was a small door. Wondering what it could lead to as he opened it, he heard a slow creak. He turned around hurriedly thinking it might be someone on the stairs outside his room listening in. ‘Probably that mudblood Granger trying to dig up some dirt on me and get me expelled or something.’ He went and opened the door leading out to the hall. Nothing. What was he thinking? He was getting paranoid. Why, who knows.


He closed the door slowly, still thinking someone might be listening to him. When the door was securely closed (he had checked), the blonde teen leaned against the wall. He sighed audibly and shook his head. He returned to the mysterious door, and opened it quickly. Again he heard the creek, though it was faster and at a higher pitch this time.

“It was just the door! Merlin, I AM paranoid!” he said decisively. Then he stepped into the room.

At first he thought he had stepped into a forest. Everything was green. The forest green walls matched the counters (moss green) and rested under tinted windows that allowed both light and privacy for the bathroom and the wall length mirror that rested under the windows. Even the rug looked and smelled like grass! The shower/tub was surrounded by light green glass that had moving bubbles moving in it. He walked over to the other side of the moderately sized loo. He reached out and started to turn the door knob. ‘Huh.’ He thought. ‘This door doesn’t squeak.’


***************************


Hermione Granger was lying face down in her bed, trying very hard not to scream.

‘Draco Malfoy is living scum of the Earth! He thinks he can push me around! JUST because my parents are muggles! Merlin! I get better grades than him! Why, WHY, did he have to be Head Boy?!?!’

She flopped over onto her back, closed her eyes, and sighed.

‘Maybe if I just ignore him? No, that never works! It hasn’t worked for the past six years, I doubt it’ll work now!’ She laid on her bed unmoving. ‘I’m just going to have to grin and bear it! Well, maybe not grin. Unless, of course, I get a wicked insult for that pompous little brat!’ She sat up, chuckling to herself at all of the things she could do to Malfoy.

‘Hmmmmmm. He didn’t look too bad as a ferret!’ She glanced at her watch. Nine fifty-four. Time to get ready for bed. She really missed the long nights out in America. The parties, the blaring music, and dancing with all those guys. The Head Girl smiled, the memories of those nights fresh in her memory. She gone to a lot of parties with Aimee and, to her surprise, guys had actually asked her to dance. It took her a little while to get used to it, but after a few weeks she could grind, mosh, and even slow dance.

She liked to mosh better than anything else, though. The guitars, the drums, the beat, everyone jumping up and down, bumping into each other. It was great! But try to explain that to Harry and Ron. Ginny understood what moshing was pretty quickly but the boys were oblivious! ‘I really need a romance in my life. Great friends can only get you so far. If only I could meet some guy who liked to dance and listen to alternative music!’ She thought sadly, knowing of no guy like that at Hogwarts.

Snapping herself out of her reflective, wishful mood, Hermione stood up and walked over to her vanity. She pulled the wooden chair back and sat down. The lonesome girl reached into her dark grey backpack next to her vanity and took out her laptop. Dumbledore had magically enchanted so that it would run smoothly and now she was going to try it out for the first time. She opened it up and started checking her e-mail. ‘Oh! Look, I got one from Aimee . . . .’


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Draco opened the door and stepped into another room. It was circular like his, with large windows, a white carpet, and a king sized bed. Looking around the room he saw something that made his jaw drop as he cried out in surprise.

“Bloody shit Granger! What the hell are you doing in here!?! And what are you wearing!?!?”

Hermione spun around, hair spinning out underneath her, causing her to look angelic. Unfortunately, the momentum of her spin caused her not only to fall out of her chair, but go flying toward none other than her fellow Head. On reflex he lunged, just managing to catch her and maintain his balance. He couldn’t help but notice her cleavage in her low cut t-shirt. ‘Wow! Granger’s got some curves!’

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM MALFOY!?!”

“What? Your room?!” ‘Wow, she looks half way descant for a mudblood in that tight t-shirt.’ He stood there, holding her arms by the crook of his elbows. She stood up abruptly, causing his thoughts to trail off.

“Remember! This is the Heads Dorms! But just because we share a dorm DOESN’T give you PERMISSION to come into my room anytime you want!” Hermione screamed and Malfoy could see the rage coursing through her. ‘How dare he! Come in my room without knocking! And definitely not invited!’ she thought savagely.

“What if I didn’t know it was your room, you filthy mudblood!” Malfoy yelled with feeling. ‘What is her problem? I made a simple mistake! Merlin, it’s like I caught her naked or something!’

“Well, if you can’t figure that out, then you aren’t suited to be Head Boy!” The woman stated. ‘How in the world did he get to be Head boy? His father must have bribed someone! No doubt Snape helped! Argh! And I have to share a dormitory with him!’

“ME! You aren’t suited to be Head Girl! You filthy, stupid, ignorant, ungrateful, little mudblood! You think that you can invade my privacy!” Malfoy shouted, not remembering that he walked into her room and was standing there in only his undershirt and casual pants that he had changed into earlier.


“If you think so little of me, why are you even here? If you don’t like someone you generally stay away from them!”

‘Damn! For a pompous, arrogant, idiotic, weird, stupid, geeky, obsessive, gross, perverted, evil, soon-so-be-Death-Eater, pureblood manic, jerk-off ferret, he doesn’t look too bad!’

“Are you checking me out Granger?!” Malfoy questioned, repulsed. ‘Ha! I knew I could have Granger if I wanted to! I’ve never met a girl who doesn’t think I’m hot, and I’m not starting here!’

“Merlin, no! You little pervert!” Hermione said indignity, even though she knew that the blush creeping up her cheeks would give her away. Hopefully, he would think it’s just because she’s so pissed off.

“Good! I wouldn’t want a mudblood to look at me.” Malfoy stated simply. He stood there, his arms folded over his toned and tan chest knowing that it flexed his muscles for him. He loved that pose, it made girls go crazy.

“Really, Malfoy? Then how come you checked me out earlier?” Hermione asked, smugly. She was used to guys checking her out, but Malfoy! ‘That pervert will look at any girl as long as she stands still long enough!’

“I did NOT!” He screamed. ‘Why would I? She’s a mudblood! Nobody checks out mudbloods except muggles, other mudbloods, and blood traitors! And I am none of those!’ he thought indignity.

“Oh please! Like I didn’t see you looking down my shirt earlier!” She said, sounding disgusted and haughty at the same time. ‘He doesn’t want to come off that high and mighty horse of his! Well, he seemed to have come down a little. He’s practically drooling over there and he still is trying to say that he didn’t check me out!’ she thought angrily as she put her hands on her hips, and putting one hip out to the side.


He asked menacingly “What guy would even look at you?!” He gulped. He could see almost all of her legs. Her small navy and white polka-dot shorts matched her tight white shirt that was low cut enough for Malfoy to easily see her cleavage.

“HA! I’ll have you know that many guys have danced with me over the summer! I even had seven guys ask me out! In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been getting stared at by so many guys I can’t even count!”

This was a little bit of an over statement, but Malfoy didn’t know that. ‘He thinks he’s the only decent looking person! Well, he’s going to realize that he’s not the only person in this entire school who can get someone to check them out!’

“You?! Bookworm Granger! I don’t believe it!” Malfoy said, aware that he was easily provoking Hermione to say something rash. ‘I highly doubt she’s even kissed a guy!’ was his only thought.

“Well, why don’t we have a dance and I’ll prove it to you!” she asked with a glint of a dare in her eye. She wasn’t going to let him get away with this. He had tormented her, her friends, and everyone else who doesn’t slobber on his shoes! Time for some major pay back!

“Fine!” He said, “And I dare you to dance with me so I can so if it’s really true!”

‘Ha! Now I can tell everyone how crappy of a dancer she is! I mean, she can’t be good at dancing! She’s a mudblood for Merlin’s sake!’

“You’ve got a dare!” Hermione said confidently. She knew this was one dare should could definitely win. So many guys have told her that she was the best dancer that turning Malfoy into putty at the sight of her dancing shouldn’t be any problem at all.

The two Heads stood there glaring at each other for a while. Then Malfoy turned, walked to the door and stopped, calling “This will be one fun dance! Watching you fling around, trying to dance! It’ll be hilarious!” Then he turned and walked away without a backward glance.

Hermione ran to the door and said loudly, even though Malfoy was already in his own room and not listening “Don’t you ever open this door again Draco Malfoy!”
Fun First Day Back by anticrombie0919
Chapter 4~~~~~~~~~~~~

Malfoy stared at his plate. Why did he have to make that dare with Granger? Now he has to plan a dance! And he has to do it with the filthy Mudblood! Damn! What was he thinking? Maybe he could just explain to her that he got caught up in the heat of the row. No, that would involve talking to her. Malfoy sighed loudly. “What’s wrong, Dracokins?” Pansy asked, making Malfoy cringe.

“Nothing Parkinson. Why don’t you go shag yourself so I don’t have to be around you? And I thought I had told you that we had broken up!”

Pansy’s simpering smile didn’t falter. “Oh Dracokins! I know you love me!” Malfoy convulsed. How could that little slut think that he fancied her! Batting her lashes like it made him give in! Well, it used to, but it won’t anymore!

“Really Parkinson? That’s news to me! And by the way, you’re the biggest whore I’ve ever met so if you would be decent enough not to talk to me, I would greatly appreciate it!” Malfoy leapt out of his seat, making Pansy draw back. With his face red in anger he left Pansy sitting sulkily at the table.

“Wonder what’s got his knickers in a bunch?” Ron asked questioningly from the Gryffindor table.

“Maybe he found out he’s playing us in Quidditch next month?” Harry questioned calmly. The infamous trio burst out in laughter. Ron could be seen trying not to choke, and Hermione had turned bright red.

When they finally got themselves under control enough to talk, Pansy, who had been walking out of the Great Hall, steered a course for them. “And what are you filthy Gryffindors laughing about?” she asked snobbishly.

“Your face, Parkinson. It’s hilarious,” the girl of the trio stated smoothly. The Gryffindor tale exploded with giggling. Pansy turned a beet red and trudged out of the Great Hall with the snickers of the Great Hall echoing after her.

“Ha ha! That was really fun, but now it’s time to go to class!” Hermione said with touches of finality and humor in her voice.

Ron stuck his tongue out. “Aw man! We have Snape first! This is going to be a fun first day!” he told his friends sarcastically. The trio of friends laughed joyously and left the Great Hall.

When they finally reached the cold dungeon classroom, the professor was waiting. “Ah, I see you have made it just on time. Another minute and I would’ve had to deduct ten points. For being so close I think I’ll take five points from Gryffindor,” he said with a satisfied smirk.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron’s jaws dropped. “But Professor, only half the class is here!” Harry said tensely and indignity.

“I’ll deduct another five points for back talk, Mr. Potter. Now, you three take your seats or I shall deduct more!” Snape snapped with an air of ‘I-can-do-whatever-I-want-to-you-and-you-can’t-stop-me!’ about him.

The infuriated trio worked their way over to their usual seats from last year. Hermione, sitting in between Ron and Harry, heard her red-haired best friend mutter “Slimy little git! I just wanna . . . .” He made a violent motion under the desk.

“Ron! He’s a teacher!” Hermione whispered, shocked at Ron’s willingness to hurt a teacher. Even though Snape does deserve it… She thought to herself. Sighing she took out her cauldron, supplies, and a spare bit of parchment. Brring! The bell had rung and all the Gryffindors were in their seats.

The entire class turned their heads to face the door as the Slytherins came into the room, laughing and talking loudly. “Sit down, sit down.” When everyone had finally settled he continued. “Today we are making the Light Potion. Can anyone tell me what it is?”

Hermione’s hand rose straight in the air as always. “No one! Tsk, tsk! I would have expected better from my Advanced Potions class.

“The Light Potion, or lux bibo, creates a light emotion in the drinker. Various emotions that emanate from the drinker are happiness, joy, love, peace, contempt, relaxation, and often ecstasy. Many side affects are; epiphanies, giddiness, un-perturbation, visions, finding true love, and felling great surges of passion.”

“Well? Why aren’t you taking this down?” Snape asked sharply, ignoring the fact that Hermione had been scribbling on parchment since he began talking. When the class had finally finished taking notes Snape informed them, “Next week we will be making the Light Potion, so come prepared for a particularly hard class. No mess ups will be allowed.”

“Somebody needs to give him the Light Potion,” muttered Ron as the class scrambled out of the dungeon classroom to the much awaited bell. The three best friends laughed heartily at Ron’s joke, walking towards the warm air wafting in from the doors.

When they arrived in McGonagall’s classroom they took seats near the front, with much persuasion from Hermione, (“We’ll learn so much more if we’re at the front!”), and took out their copies of Transfiguration: An Art. Professor McGonagall walked in with her usual set face and brisk pace.

“Good morning class. Today we will study human transfiguration. Am I correct in thinking that no one but Miss. Granger has studied it before?” The class returned her question with blank looks. “I see I am correct. Well then, start reading! Tomorrow we are going to practice the incantation. Tonight’s homework is to write an eighteen-inch essay on the complexity and precision of human transformation. Due Friday. That is all.” Harry and Ron exchanged looks as the entire class, except Hermione, groaned.

“I can’t believe it! Eighteen inches due on Friday! Bloody hell! That’s wicked!” whispered Ron, rather loudly, to his friends.

The raven-haired man nodded in agreement and the Head Girl just looked appalled. “Ron!” she said with indigence. The red haired teen just rolled his eyes and opened his book. Following suit, Harry and Hermione opened their books.

Their next classes, History of Magic and Charms, passed by uneventfully. Except when Ron almost blew up Harry’s hat with the Removable Charm.

Jumping out of their seats when the bell rang, the two boys walked up to Gryffindor Tower and the lonesome girl walked to her own common room. Well, not just mine. Malfoy, ugh, shares it too.

“Password?” the annoyingly cheery girl asked Hermione.

“Hogwash,” she stated in a bored tone.

“Yes, yes that’s the password! You’re correct! Come on in! It’ll be a blast, so just climb on through! Unless you want to stand out here, just me and you!” Hermione climbed through the portrait hole as fast as she could.

“What the hell! Granger! What are you doing here?!” He was lying on the couch with his hair disheveled. Hermione had thought she heard something coming from the common room but decided she hadn’t and focused on the matter at hand.

“Do we have to go over this again?! I live here too, you know!” She said walking over to the couch. “And why is your shirt off?” she asked curiously.

Malfoy was lying there on the couch with his shirt off, showing his tanned and toned, but-not-to-toned, chest. Hermione started looking around the room. Seeing a female’s shirt on the ground and lip gloss smudges on Malfoy’s face, she had a suspicion that something was happening.

“Who were you shagging?” she asked resolutely with her hands on her hips.

She has nice hips, he thought. Then he shuddered at his thought. Snapping back to reality by Hermione’s glare, he said “Shag? Me? I’m Head Boy, remember? We Heads don’t do things like that!” He stated with a hurt expression on his face. The acting was ruined a smidge by the fact he said the last sentence with a sarcastic tone.

“Save me the dramatics, Malfoy… or should I say ‘Slytherin Sex King’. Who is she and where has she gone? And you’re right. Heads don’t do things like that! Maybe this will convince Dumbledore you don’t deserve to be Head Boy,” she said with a hint of ‘ha-ha-I-got-you’ in her voice and an uncharacteristic smirk on her face. She watched with glee as Malfoy’s face fell.

What! That Mudblood has been spying on me! Malfoy thought before saying, “You don’t deserve to be Head Girl, you filthy little Mudblood!” Hermione’s face contorted in anger and Malfoy decided to add one more insult. “And the only reason you are getting your knickers in a bunch is because you want to be the one shagging me.”

Hermione stood there, her fists clenched and anger radiating from every pore. “You are such a-” Before she could finish the sentence, Malfoy was up off the couch and pressing Hermione against the cold stone wall with his hands on her wrists, pinning them to the wall and his pointy face inches away from hers. Her breathing was ragged and he had a mischievous smile on his face that made her wonder what he was planning in his twisted, perverted, and evil little mind.

“You’re not going to tell anybody about your suspicions of me having a girl in here, are you? That wouldn’t be good for me.” He paused. “Or you,” Malfoy stated, at first sounding like it was an everyday conversation, but Hermione shivered when he slipped the threat in.

Regaining composure she stated simply, “Now why would I do that? I don’t have any reason to tell. Yet.” Hermione smiled at the sound of her own threat and thought, Ha! Take that you evil, jerk-off, pompous little bastard. She was jerked out of her thoughts by Malfoy letting go of her arms and stepping back from her.

“Of course you wouldn’t. Goodnight, Granger. I’m going to bed early so don’t wake me. After all, the Slytherin Sex King needs his sleep.” He gave her his classic smirk and left the room, heading up the staircase towards his bedroom with his classic swagger. Hermione picked up a pillow and threw it at the couch. Ignored by Snape, insulted by Parkinslut and Malfoy! Ron was right. This was a fun first day back.
The Bathroom by anticrombie0919
Chapter 5********************
Beep! Beep! Beep!Beep!

Draco Malfoy looked at his alarm clock. The number hands told him it was six-thirty in the morning. Malfoy reached over and savagely hit his alarm clock, causing it to fall off the bedside table but not turn off. Groaning, he stood up and grabbed his alarm clock. Muttering curses at it, he threw it at the wall. When it broke into a thousand pieces he felt the anger drain out of him and walked slowly over to the bathroom door, scratching his bare chest and rubbing his hands on his black boxers for warmth.

He thought about what had made him so mad. Was it the alarm clock? No, I bet it was Granger. I can’t believe she walked in without knocking! So what if she shares these dormitories, too?! She should always knock before opening a door where her superiors could be present. And then she walked in on me and Alicia! Good thing Alicia had enough sense to hide in the kitchen when she heard that annoying girl sing that stupid song. But then she had to leave. Ugh! That Granger’s going to put a real dent in my shagging life with her “follow the rules” attitude. How do Potty and Weasel put up with it?

By the time he had finished ranting to himself he had reached the door leading to the adjoining bathroom. Bet that filthy, little, insolent Mudblood Granger would want me to knock. Malfoy gave a quick laugh. Ha! Fat chance Granger! You’re more likely to be my girlfriend! the blonde teen thought savagely, turning the doorknob with such ferocity that it looked like he wanted to tear the knob off the door.

The first thing he noticed was steam. Then, as looked up from the wet floor, he noticed a girl standing there. Damn! She has got some curves! I’ve never seen her around school before. Wonder how she got into the dormitory? She’s probably one of Granger’s friends. Too bad. She’s hot.

He stepped forward noiselessly, planning on scaring her and then asking about her. As he got closer he could she her lank hair was a brown color and it hung down long enough to touch her middle back. The only thing she was wearing was short, and slightly see-through, dark blue cloth shorts with a matching white shirt that stuck to her body showing every curve. He couldn’t see her face yet because of the steam and because she was leaning forward so close to the mirror that her face was almost touching.

When he was only one foot away from her body- her extremely great, curvy and cute body!- he decided to speak.

“Hey there, babe.” He smiled a wide smile as she screamed- a satisfyingly loud shriek- and turned to face him.

What he saw almost made him pee his boxers. “Holy shit!” he screamed. He couldn’t believe his eyes! It couldn’t be! “No freaking way! This is NOT right!” How could it be?

Malfoy groaned in despair. He had called her ‘babe’! That hot girl was . . . . . .
Confusion by anticrombie0919
Chapter 6


Hermione rolled out of bed and looked out herself in the full-length mirror that she had asked the house elves to bring up. Guys say I’m cute. I get hit on all he time. Malfoy checked me out for Merlin’s sake! So why don’t I have a boyfriend? Sighing, she gathered up her shower stuff. She walked in the shower, feeling the water pour down her back and soak her hair. Once she was done she got out of the shower and looked at herself in the bathroom mirror. Maybe it’s that pimple on my forehead? But you can’t see it! Argh! I’m going crazy!

She continued to look at her self in the mirror. She was looking so intently she didn’t hear the boy walking into the bathroom until he said “Hey there, babe.”

Screaming her head off in fear she turned and saw Malfoy. “Malfoy! What the hell?! Oh my Merlin! Why are you in here? Don’t you knock? Or respect other people’s privacy? ARGH! I can’t believe you barged in on me again! Do you have a problem? You can’t help but open doors without knocking? Draco Malfoy! You are the living scum of the earth! A jerk-off, ferret boy, Slytherin, evil, lazy, soon-to-be-Death-Eater, pureblood maniac! I cannot believe that I have to share the honor of being a Head with you! Ugh!”

Her fists were clenched in anger for the second time in twenty-four hours and her face was a bright cherry red. I cannot believe that he walked in here! He has NO concept of privacy at all!

“Merlin! Chill out Granger! It’s not like I caught you in the shower! What the hell is your PROBLEM?” He screamed at her, his voice escalating with every syllable. He couldn’t believe he was getting yelled at by the same girl for the third time in two days. Girls worshipped him, not yelled. He was not going to take this. If she has a problem she will just have to deal with it! Not take it out on me! He thought pompously.

“YOU!” she screamed exasperatedly. “Every year you have gotten increasingly more annoying. I try to put up with it! I do! Put I’m not going to put up with it anymore! I’m tired of trying to keep myself in line because you are out of line! And would you please stop calling me a Mudblood! If you don’t like me, that’s fine! But you don’t have to make my life a living hell just to get the point across!”

By the time she was done screaming tears were streaming down her face. During the silence that elapsed after she had finished telling Malfoy what she thought, she felt her knees shake and she collapsed crying to the floor. All she could think as her hot tears burned her face was, I’m crying in front of Malfoy. I’m crying in front of Malfoy. I’m crying in front of Malfoy.,/i> and she felt arms wrap around her shoulders and a warm hand pull her damp head to a chest.

Malfoy felt horrible. It was a new experience for him. Feeling horrible because of what somebody did to him was normal, he felt it all the time. But feeling bad for what he did to someone else . . . Granger’s words still echoed in his head. “Every year you have gotten increasingly more annoying. I try to put up with it! I do! Put I’m not going to put up with it anymore! I’m tired of trying to keep myself in line because you’re out of line! Would you please stop calling me a Mudblood! If you don’t like me, that’s fine! But you don’t have to make my life a living hell just to get the point across!” She had said that he was her problem. After she had collapsed to the floor crying he had wrapped his arms around her and put her head on his chest, surprising even himself. He didn’t know he could feel compassion, let alone comfort someone.

Once her crying had turned to dry hiccups, she turned to him saying “You’ve tormented me over the years, and now you’re comforting me for what you’ve done. Why?”

He couldn’t explain it to her. He didn’t even know himself. He guessed it was because he had never seen a woman cry. When he saw the tears running down her face he felt like wiping them away and holding her tight. So he did. He was never one for holding back. The weird thing is that Granger didn’t break away; she just buried her head in his chest.

He looked down at his hands. They were wet from patting her damp hair and hugging her close. He lifted his hands to his nose and sniffed lightly, smelling her vanilla scent. Sighing he walked over to his bed. After she had asked him why he held her, he just stared into her wide and innocent brown eyes with his ice blue eyes for a few minuets with his hands still delicately holding her arms. He could imagine what she was thinking. That jerk Malfoy will probably start trying to feel me up.

But he was just trying to sort out his thoughts. Why did he hold her instead of just laughing and hanging her breakdown over her head, like he usually would? He hates her. She’s a Mudblood, he has to hate her. Sighing loudly he set his alarm for forty-five minutes later and sat down on his bed, allowing his body to fall back and his eyes to close. The last thought he had before falling into unconsciousness was If I hate her, then why did it feel so good to hold Hermione?
Together by anticrombie0919
Chapter 7

After Malfoy left the bathroom, Hermione just on the floor thinking. He had held her. He had comforted her. The teary eyed girl was in shock. Her and her friend’s greatest enemy since day one just held her after she had screamed at him. How freaking weird! Malfoy can show compassion! It’s so twilight zone! Wait ‘til I tell Harry and Ron. They won’t believe it! Well, if they even hear me talk. Hermione stood shakily up. She was still disoriented after crying so much. And falling to the floor didn’t help either. Hermione walked determinedly to her room and slowly changed into her school uniform. After pulling on her robes she walked down the stairs with a brisk pace, determined to not see Malfoy this morning so she wouldn’t have to talk to him about what just happened.

When Hermione had finally reached the Gryffindor table panting, she had to walk down five floors from the other side of the school, she sat down wearily next to Ron. “Hey!” she said to Harry and Ginny who were sitting across from her, giggling and whispering.

“Hello Hermione! How was your morning?” Ginny asked Hermione while trying to stop herself from laughing.

“Ah, fine. Well, okay. I mean, I had a total breakdown after Malfoy walked in on me in the bathroom, and then I started to cry and” Hermione said while looking confusedly at the pair of laughing Gryffindors across the table from her.

“WHAT!” Ron screamed. Hermione looked at him with wide eyes. Well, everyone in the hall looked at him. “MALFOY WALKED IN ON YOU IN THE BATHROOM!?!?!? WHERE’S THAT TWITCHY LITTLE FERET, HERMIONE?”

Ron started to violently whip his head from side to side, looking for Malfoy. Once he caught sight of the blonde Slytherin, he leapt from his seat screaming “I’M GOING TO GET YOU, YOU EVIL FERRET!”

Hermione was watching, along with the rest of the Great Hall, in amazement. As Ron started to run forward towards the Slytherin table, Seamus (yelling “GET HIM!”), Dean, Neville, and Harry (who leapt over the table), jumped on Ron as he started. When Ron stopped twitching it was evident that he had given up under the weight of his mates. Hermione put her head on the table and covered her face with her elegant brown hair, knowing her cranial region was as red as a cherry. One by one the boys slowly got off Ron, afraid he would start running towards the Slytherin table again.

Ron finally was able to stand up and he brushed himself off along with the others, (it took Harry a little longer because he had eggs, syrup, and pancakes down his front.), then sat down. Asking calmly, “So Hermione, as I was saying, Malfoy walked in on you in the bathroom?”


Malfoy’s mouth was still hanging open when Ron had sat down. Hermione had told them. Well, tried to. Weasel had freaked and would have tried to kill him. Granger had been so embarrassed, it was kinda cute. He thought observantly to himself. Oh Merlin! Here I go again with “cute”! Groaning he closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

“Something wrong, mate?” Blaise asked from across the table.

“Nothing’s wrong. Weasel was going to make a feeble attempt at trying to kill me and I was trying not to laugh.” Malfoy snapped at his “best” mate. If you could say he had a mate.

“Yes it was rather hilarious. But he said something about you walking in on the mudblood earlier? What was it like? She definitely has a lot more to give than she did last year. Did you her ass in that skirt? Nice, for a mudblood.” Blaise said to Malfoy while leaning in so as not to be over heard. “She would be great for a quick shag in the hall. But she’s never shagged anyone before, so she wouldn’t be good at it. Shame.” Ending his sentence in a whisper.

Malfoy jumped out of his seat. “Yeah, it would be great. Come on, let’s go tell her.” He demanded as he walked over to the Gryffindor table.

With Blaise following along behind him with Crab and Goyle, they reached the Gryffindor table. “Hello blood-traitor and company. We just came to tell you a little interesting fact we have decided is all to true to be ignored. Didn’t we Blaise?”

“Yes that is the reason Malfoy. It’s a very interesting fact. Should I tell them Malfoy?” He asked Malfoy with a hint of sarcasm as Hermione turned a bright, bright red, afraid she knew what that “fact” was. Draco nodded towards Blaise in an elegant manner.

“Well, Mr. Malfoy and I have decided that Miss. Granger would be an excellent choice to shag. If only she had experience.” Blaise stated nonchalantly and walked away, Malfoy walking next to him and his cronies, Crab and Goyle, walking behind them.

“What the hell was that about?” Ginny asked no one in particular. The trio just shrugged and gathered up their stuff to leave.



The four friends split up, Harry and Ron walking to the Divination tower, Ginny and Hermione walking towards the Muggle Studies and Arithmancy classrooms. “So Ginny, what was with you and Harry this morning?” Hermione asked her blushing friend.

“Oh, nothing. He just asked me out earlier this morning.” She said in a would be ‘I-don’t-care-voice’ but the fact that her face was the same bright red as her hair gave her away.

“How great Ginny! I know you’ve liked him for so long! I told you he liked you! Oh my Merlin! This is great! You two make the cutest couple! Oh! If you guys get married then Harry and Ron will be brothers-in-law! Oh, they would love that! EEEE! This is SO cool!” She rambled excitedly to her only female companion.
“Thanks Hermione, but I got to go now! Talk to you later, okay?” She asked her brunette friend while walking off along the right fork in a hallway towards her Muggle Studies classroom while Hermione walked towards the left to her Arithmancy class.

Hermione sighed. It was so lonely walking towards the Arithmancy classroom. Since it was the only classroom in that direction the few people that walked the hallway were the students, and there weren’t many students. She heard footsteps behind falling rapidly behind her. Looking up she saw the last person she wanted to be alone with in a hallway. Malfoy.

Oh yah! I get to be with a guy who has no belief in my privacy and thinks I’d be great at shagging if I did it a few times. Yah! This will be fun. She thought to herself sarcastically and bitterly.

“Morning Malfoy. That was a very interesting fact earlier. Glad to know you’re discussing me.” She said with such a high amount of fake joy in her voice that Malfoy stopped walking.

“Yes, well. After what happened this morning, I figured” Malfoy started to say before he was ‘rudely interrupted.’

“I don’t want to talk about what happened this morning Malfoy.” Hermione said then, giving Malfoy the cold shoulder, she walked down the hall so fast Malfoy had to jog to keep up with her.

“Hermione, I was just going to say after what happened this morning I just thought that I could talk to you somewhat civilly. Especially since we’re both Heads, weather we like it or not. And besides, Blaise was the one who made that cunning observation, not me.” He told Hermione while they walked, or jogged, together to the Arithmancy classroom.

When they stopped outside the door, Hermione said “Well, I suppose you’re right. Draco.”

To her obvious and immediate surprise, Malfoy opened the door for her. “Thank you, Draco. That’s very nice of you. I didn’t really think you could be this nice. At least not in public.” She said politely.

“You learn something new everyday. And not just from the teachers.” He smiled and continually held the door out for her, this time gesturing with his free hand towards the classroom.

Hermione nodded towards him and thought, Wow! Wait until I tell Ginny. Draco Malfoy held the door open for me! And smiled! I didn’t know he could smile! as she walked through the door with Draco and a tingling sensation in her stomach.
Bring It On by anticrombie0919
Chapter 8^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Arithmacy class slowly exited the class room after the bell rang. None of them were excited about going to their next classes where they might get assigned homework. When they had all eventually left the classroom, the students walked down the hallway together, laughing and joking. The only two students who weren’t joining in on the celebratory feelings were Draco and Hermione.

They were walking on opposite sides of the hall, Hermione staring at the floor and Malfoy staring straight ahead, with the occasional glance at Hermione.

‘Damn it! Why did I have to be nice to her? She’s a mudblood. Filthy, unworthy, lowly, mudblood.’ He just felt . . . . . . . . different, when he was around her. ‘Ugh! I shouldn’t be debating with myself over this!’ He thought to himself all the way to the split in the hallway. Turning left, he saw Granger talking with the Weasels and The Golden Boy.

‘Hmmm. Maybe if I insult her she won’t remember me being’ He shuddered convulsively ‘nice to her.’ Malfoy thought to himself. Walking slowly up to the Dream Team and company, he drawled

“Hello Potty. How’s home life Weasels? Maybe you can work for Scarhead and he’ll pay you to wash his clothes! That would work out wonderful, eh mudblood? And don’t worry; you can work as a maid. Cleaning up the dirt off the floors seems appropriate, don’t you think? If you all do a good job, I’ll even hire you! Lord knows I can pay much more than Potty can.

But Granger, do you know those cute Play Boy bunny suits? You’ll be required to wear one of those when you work for me.” Draco Alexander Malfoy stated, saying everything in a slow pace. The rage of the foursome seemed to be a physical presence and before he knew it, Hermione’s hand had reached his left cheek and Ginny’s had reached his right. The satisfying sound resounded from the hall and Malfoy chose it as the right time to leave, seeing as Ron and Harry were closing in.

“Goodbye Gryffindorks, Mudblood, and all-around-idiots! See you,” He let a huge, dramatic sigh escape him, “unfortunately, in Care of Magical Creatures with that oaf Hagrid.” Malfoy turned on his heel and left, leaving the ‘Gryffindorks’ with evil looks on their faces, except in Ron’s case; he had a look on his face that showed he was thinking about ripping Malfoy in two.

“Um, okay. Well, I’ll see you later. I have to go to Herbology.” Ginny said to her friends, also leaving. When Ginny left, the trio of close friends headed down the way Malfoy had.

“How out of character was Malfoy?” Hermione asked her friends. “One minute he’s holding doors open for me, the next he’s insulting us! I don’t get it! Or him, for that matter! He is such a jerk!” Hermione said more to herself than to her two best friends. Harry and Ron just stared at her with their mouths hanging open. Noticing her companions bewildered expressions, Hermione questioned them.

“Didn’t I tell you? Guess not. Malfoy held the door open for me before Arithmacy and was actually polite. It was really scary.”

Ron, for the second time that day, went berserk. “POLITE! Malfoy! You have got to be kidding! The only reason that ferret is polite is if he wants something!” After the words poured out of his mouth, he stopped abruptly and looked at Hermione with his brown eyes wide and his mouth moving up and down like a fish that’s been taken out of water. Suddenly, his voice changed to a whisper and he asked Hermione, “He . . . he hasn’t . . .” He gulped louder than he was talking “tried to . . . . to feel you up . . or . . . . anything like . . . . like . . . that . . . . has he?”

Hermione just closed her eyes and said weakly, “Ron.” Taking Hermione’s exasperated actions as a sign of correction, Ron started to run down the hallway, obviously planning on inflicting as much damage on Malfoy’s physical body as possible.

Harry sighed. “Here we go again. Hermione, you need to stop telling him things!” He ran hurriedly down the hall after his rash best mate. Hermione just groaned and put her head on the cold stone walls, trying to ignore the piercing looks of question she was receiving from her class mates.

By the time the three Gryffindors had reached Hagrid’s hut, Ron had a red face and Harry was panting from his exhausting run after his cherry colored friend. Hermione stood in-between Harry and Ron, telling Ron “You really need to get a grip! Malfoy is a little ferret boy who isn’t worth the breath! Or the time! I really wish you would get that through that thick skull of yours Ronald Weasley!” She was furious. Embarrassed by Ron twice, and the day isn’t even over! It was a new record!

Hagrid cleared his throat loudly.

“Now today, we’re gonna be doin’ some cool stuff. Ya’ll need to pay ‘ttention. We’re gonna be look’n at Green-Light Cows. Any a’ ya’ll know anything ‘bout these? ‘Sides Hermione, course.” No one in the group of Gryffindors or Slytherins raised their hand. “Right, Hermione. Tell ‘em about the Green-Light Cows.” Hagrid demanded in his rough, scratchy, voice.

“Here goes the girl who swallowed a book.” Murmured a certain blonde Slytherin to his best mate, Blaise. Blaise laughed quietly so only Malfoy could hear him.

“The Green-Light Cow, or Prasini Lux Bos, gives off a green aura after just finishing a meal of grass. The Green-Light Cow is very useful in the fact that its milk cures sores, boils, and warts, but its meat is deadly to eat.” Hermione told her class as they all, except Harry, rolled their eyes and moaned inwardly.

“The rest of ya’ll had better of been pay’n ‘ttention cause ya’ll don’t know nothing.” The half-giant growled to the class in a low rumbling voice. Then he proceeded to put on his Dragon hide gloves and told he class to do the same. “We’re gonna be milk’n ‘em. Madame Pomfrey is outta milk so I told’er I get ‘er some more. After ya’ll put on your gloves, follow me. Ya’ll gonna get inta’ pairs of three,” He winked at Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

“And you’re gonna each take turns milk’n a cow. Their tied up so nothin’s gonna happen, but be careful. They aggravate easy.” He walked around the corner and what the class saw next made them stop dead. Even Hermione, who had seen pictures of the Green-Light Cow, was shocked. They had walked into a green light bulb. Everything shined a florescent green. The light coming from the grazing cows was blinding was bouncing of the leaves of the plants and making the trees green buds look pale by comparison. The cows in the center of the clearing stopped eating the grass as the stunned students drew closer. For a few seconds nothing happened. Then the light started to fade and when the surrounding tree’s had regained their normal color it seemed as if someone had changed a bulb in an overhead ceiling light, or possibly even the sun.

“Bloody hell!” Someone in the awestruck crowd whispered. That was the only way many of the teens could respond to what had just happened. Malfoy and the other Slytherins were doing their best to remain un-impressed, but Draco’s thoughts betrayed him.

‘Bloody hell is right! I can’t believe that oaf could show us something so. . . . . interesting. I thought for sure that it was going to be more, ugh, Blast-Ended Skrewts.’

He turned to look at his peers. Most of their mouths were agape and all of their eyes were bulging. ‘Pansy’s eyes look like their going to pop out of their head. If they do, I’ll be sure to pay the oaf handsomely for doing all males a favor.’ While scanning the crowd, he caught sight of Granger. ‘She doesn’t look surprised at all! She’s the only one. Guess she’s not surprised because she’s such a book worm that she’s seen them before. Wouldn’t be surprised if she had raised a herd in her back yard. Even though they probably died because they ate all that mudblood grass.’ He continued to stare at her, no one to snap him out of it because they were going back into shock at the fact that the cows had started to light up again. He didn’t care, and only gave them a passing glance. He just continued to look at Hermione. Surprising himself, no negative thoughts or insults came into his brain. Only one word. ‘Hermione.’


*======================================*

Hermione felt eyes barring into the back of her head. ‘It’s probably Parkinslut trying to get my attention so she can do something totally like her and stupid.’ So she ignored the continual feeling of being watched. But after about a minute, she couldn’t take it anymore, and she whipped her head around and tried to identify the person who had made her feel uncomfortable. To her ultimate shock, she saw Malfoy. Draco ‘Bouncing Ferret’ Malfoy. The biggest egomaniac in all of Hogwarts, was staring at her. A pureblood was openly looking at a ‘mudblood’ and not cringing or sending glares. Hermione’s brain did something for the first time. It shut down. All she could comprehend was his eyes. Draco’s eyes weren’t closed in disgust, or showing rejection and superiority. They were normal. His ice blue peepers seemed to go right through her. When she got working order of her mind, she concluded, ‘If he always had his eyes like that, open and innocent, he would be much more . . . . attractive. His eyes are always clouded with his stupid feelings of resentment. Jerk.’

Hermione stared back at him, and they both accepted the others presence, not fighting or challenging each other. Then Hermione looked away. ‘How can he have such great eyes? He’s a pompous, arrogant, idiotic, weird, stupid, geeky, obsessive, gross, perverted, evil, soon-so-be-Death-Eater, pureblood manic, jerk-off ferret boy! Ugh! He is just playing with my mind! I’m not going to let him, that JERK!’ The irate female thought angrily, aggravating herself more with each syllable. ‘If he plays with my mind I’m going to play with his! Bring it on, Draco Malfoy!’


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


‘Why had Hermione turned away?’ Malfoy asked himself. He felt the anger start to well up. ‘Why was this filthy, inexperienced mudblood trying to play with his brain? She can’t play with my mind! I’m going to just have to play with hers!’ Was his thought as the anger in him drove out all logical thinking. ‘Okay, Hermione Granger,’ Draco thought viciously, ‘bring it on!’





A/N: Sorry about this chapter! It’s REALLY bad! Please don’t send to many flamers! The next chapter will be better, promise! I just thought I REALLY needed to post so . . . . . . well, you see the result! Ugh! Anyways, HAPPY 2005! Have a good new year!
~Anticrombie0919
See You Tomorrow by anticrombie0919
See You Tomorrow:


When they met in the Great Hall the next morning they started to talk about the subject that had been in back of their minds.

Draco “Jerk-off-Bouncing-Ferret-Stuck-up-ass” Malfoy.

Harry, sitting next to Ginny, leaned forward past the sixth year’s head of scarlet hair and questioned the group,

“What do you think Malfoy’s up to?”

In response he got shrugs, blank stares (not unlike the one’s they gave the teachers), and one response that he most likely would have preferred to have not to heard.

“Well, he’s only been nice to Hermione, right?” Ginny said.

After she paused for a few seconds, she continued with the blush creeping onto her face rapidly.

“So maybe, I mean, well . . . he’s not known as the Slytherin Sex King for nothing, is he?” She looked around to see astonished faces and agape mouths.

“Well, it was just an idea. I mean, it’s possible, right? He would shag anyone, no matter what he thought of ‘em.” She ended her speech and looked around at their still surprised faces.

Recovering slowly, Hermione said:

“Well, that’s a possibility, but I think he might just be messing with Harry and Ron’s heads so that they screw-up the Quidditch game.”

She didn’t add that she was planning to make his life hell for messing with her brain, but she did mutter,

“I’ll make him stop.”

At first it seemed like no one heard her. Then Ron turned to face her and said, “You?”

He paused.

“Hermione, if anyone’s going to stop him,” another pause. “It’ll have to be me and Harry.” His voice was growing strength until his last word, where people around them turned to see what was going on:

“What is Ron doing NOW?!” “I hope he doesn’t flip out again!” “He’s already embarrassed those poor Gryffindors enough!” “Bloody hell! He needs solitary confinement!” and “Ron, Please SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP!” his fellow Hogwarts students said and/or yelled.

Hermione was confused. Did Ron just say HE’D be the one to make Malfoy’s life a living hell?!

“What?!” She asked him fiercely.

“Do you think I can’t take care of myself?! That I can’t stand up to Malfoy?!!!”

She turned to face him and watched his eyes dart from side to side, looking for help.

Finally, consigning to the fact that no help would come, he cleared his throat and began.

“I . . . I . . . just don’t want you to . . . to get . . . hurt.” Ron looked down, waiting for Hermione to speak.

When she did, it wasn’t the most comforting answer for him.

Her face distorted in anger and frustration she said,

“You think I’ll get hurt! By Malfoy. Well, I’m going to do what I want to, no matter your opinion.”

She was on her feet with her index finger poking Ron in the chest and her hands flying.

“Me, get hurt by Malfoy.”

She muttered half to herself, and half to the blonde boy on the other side of the room, even though she knew that he couldn’t hear her.

Hermione’s voice was rising as she said,

“We will definitely see about that, Ronald Weasley.” And she stormed out of the hall.

What was with Ron? He usually was shy, quiet, and meek! Except for a few times, when they fought! Ugh!

Hermione slammed open the doors leading out to the grounds. I can NOT believe him! He thinks that just because he’s a guy he has to protect me! Well, not exactly protect me, but he thinks that HE’S the only one who can stand up to Malfoy! I never thought Ron would end up being a sexist male chauvinist pig. Pity.

She continued walking at a high speed in a random direction.

Ugh! That JERK! She threw her books down savagely and sat down, looking at her surroundings for the first time.

Hermione was in an area right off the lake, with the picturesque sky shinning through the trees to warm her face. She could see the lake but surprisingly, after investigation, she found out that is was extremely hard to see her. You had to look straight at her spot to see anything. And even then, it was difficult.

Granger felt her anger evaporate.

“Wow.” Was all she could whisper.

She ran back through the bushes and sat down. Leaning back as she calculated the time she had until class started, she closed her eyes and decided to catch up on some sleep. Hermione had stayed awake last night thinking about what Malfoy might be up to and plans to make him pay. The woman turned on her side and tried not to think.

She had just fallen into a light sleep when she heard a twig crack. She looked up, and guess who stepped out of the bushes?

Yah, you got it.

The one and only.

Malfoy. Draco Malfoy.

“Oh my God! Not you!” She groaned.

How come every time, every time, I get something awesome, he finds it and destroys it?

“Glad to see you too Granger.” Malfoy said sarcastically.

What was her problem? It wasn’t like he walked in on her naked. She really needs to get over her privacy issues. He thought calmly to himself.

“I just was looking for you because Dumbledore has been asking me about the dance. And I need something to tell the old bat.”

“He is NOT an old bat, and why couldn’t you wait until later?!” Hermione asked him sharply.

I can not believe it!!! He ruins everything! He was SO impatient, thinking of his needs and not her privacy! Why, God why?! He just had to be Head Boy, didn’t he!?!? UGH! I found this wicked ass place and then Malfoy comes along and ruins it! Just like him!

“Must you always wreck a good thing?!!” She was now on her feet with her fists clenched beside her.

“If I wreck something of yours, Mudblood, that’s a good thing.” He stated simply.

It was time for pay back. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear,

“In fact, for your uncaring disposition, I might ‘accidentally’ inflict some damage myself.” He placed his hand lightly on her shoulder, let it rest there for a few seconds, and then pulled slowly backward.

By this time Granger had pulled out her wand and had it at his neck. Surprised, he stumbled backward into a tree. Pieces of bark and loose leaves dug into he back.

“Now, now . . .” Malfoy gulped. “NO . . . no need to get violent!” His voice squeaked and Hermione gave a quick, unbelieving, laugh.

“You weren’t the one who was threatened, were you?” She asked, supposedly innocent.

She was hot. He could see the sparks behind her eyes and almost could feel the anger coursing through her veins.

He made a big mistake, and chuckled. Oh, shit. He thought.

He laughed.

How DARE he laugh! was the only thought registering in Hermione’s brain as she said the words “Cado Corpe!” and moved her wand hand in a circle twice.






The first thing Draco saw when he woke up was a brown bush.

A very soft brown bush. No, it wasn’t a bush. Bushes don’t move, do they?!

Because this bush was moving. And talking, and coming into focus . . . . . . .

“Granger!” He screamed. He shot up straight. Then he waited for his brain to think up a satirical comment that was up to the usual standards.

Nothing.

“Damn! Granger, what the hell are you doing here?!” He demanded her answer with a fierce voice and strong grip on her arm.

Hermione felt her back stiffen and answered with coldness and, she admitted to herself later, hints of fear and embarrassment.

“When you were in MY place, I got a little upset and knocked you backwards.”

Her voice lowered a notch. “And you knocked yourself out and I brought you up here.”

She looked at him and grimaced. “Don’t feel like I didn’t get a punishment. I have to come here for an hour everyday until you get better.”

His mouth fell open and he quickly closed it.

“Who are they punishing, me or you?” He asked her,

letting his grip on her arm slacken until his hand fell off. This was too much to take in after you just woke up.

She gave a quick snort. “Both.” She stated lightly and sadly.

Surprising herself, she started to laugh. He looked so funny, his hair was sticking up and he was all disoriented, blinking in the bright late day light.

She tried to muffle her laughter with her hand, but it just wasn’t working.

He looked at her.

“Why are you laughing, Granger?” He asked, less sharply than usual. This just excited a great burst of laughter.

She lifted her hand and pointed it at his hair. His gel had worn off, and it was discombobulated and loose.

He gingerly touched his head and groaned. She was now pink in the face with laughter. He started to laugh along. A slow chuckle at first, then a steady laughter that rang through the room and into the hallway.

Finally they were done and Draco questioned “When are we going to plan the dance?” with a smile still on his face.

“I don’t know. Soon, I guess. It’s going to be on Halloween, probably. We should talk to the prefects and ask them if they have any ideas. I’m tired of the same dance year after year.”

She pondered to herself for a moment.

“Maybe we can do a masked ball theme?” She asked him.

I love masked balls. They are so elegant!

And she had never been to one, so this would be an excellent chance to experience it! But it was a ‘mudblood’ theme, so she knew it was hopeless. It never hurt to ask, though.

“Sounds great!” He said.

Wow.

He just surprised himself so much he felt dazed. He had been in the same room as Granger for more than five minutes and they hadn’t given each other dirty looks, insulted each other, or inflicted injuring physical contact! And he had agreed with her! He had laughed with her! “So, um . . . . I guess you had better go tell Dumbledore.” He said to her.

“Uh, yah. My hour’s up anyways. I’ll bring you your homework tomorrow and tell you what Dumbledore said. Um, see you tomorrow Malfoy, I mean” she paused for a second

“Draco.” She was just as shocked as he was!

He said the dance was a good idea. This was monumental.

She left the room and closed the door.

So much for pay back. She thought.

But what if he was toying with her?

“Then he will be in a LOT of pain.” She said decisively.

She was now half-way to Dumbledore’s office. She kept on pondering and walking, and when she reached the door to his office, she said to herself, “I don’t think he’s messing with me.”

And she couldn’t hear Malfoy, after she closed the door, whisper as he lay back down,

“See you tomorrow, Hermione.”





A/N: If and when you review, please let me know what you like and dislike about the story so far. Thank you!

~ Anticrombie0919 (a.k.a. Sundance)
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3163