Unbreakable by Lily4James
Summary: It's the beginning of the end, seventh year.

Sure we all know the basic story, but what really happened in James' and Lily's final year at Hogwarts
James likes Lily and Lily likes James, it should be simple but it's not. Will their relationship blossom as they spend the summer together and as they become head boy and girl? Can their friends help get them together? Will Sirius ever beat James' record-breaking number of detentions? Read on and find out.
A tale about love, hatred, food fights and MWPP.
CAUTION: Contains strong Sirius Black moments, be prepared to fall in love with him.
A/N: I feel so terrible and guilty about everyone who is asking me to update because i have tried and tried but every time i post it it gets rejected. I'm going to rip my hair out if it doesnt get accepted soon! I promise to keep trying, please stick with me in this hour of stress, i need you guys!

Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1289 Read: 1869 Published: 09/16/05 Updated: 03/30/06

1. Chapter 1 - Invitations and Complications by Lily4James

Chapter 1 - Invitations and Complications by Lily4James
Chapter 1 - Invitations and Complications



Lily Jane Evans sat at her desk, browsing over a letter that she had received earlier that day. Lily finished reading the letter again and noticed that she had been absently doodling on a corner of the parchment. Her face flushed as she recognised the initials. Lily had had a small crush on 'JP' for quite some time now, but at Hogwarts who didn’t have a crush on James Potter or another Marauder?

Lily's relationship with James was complicated. Lily liked James and James liked Lily but it was far from simple. James made his feelings for Lily common knowledge at school and since James was tall and strong most boys steered clear of Lily. This didn't particularly bother Lily, although it was sometimes rather annoying.

Lily had always acted as if she hated James; she had everyone convinced, even herself at times. Lily had been so shocked the first day James Potter had asked her out, back in third year that she had been extremely tempted to accept. But she declined and she did not regret it. James was never turned down; it was unheard of for a girl not to fall at his feet. Lily didn't want to become one of the desperate, simpering wrecks that he'd eventually rejected, she saw them as pathetic. So, she persisted in saying no, she thought he'd get bored after term. But fourth year came around and from the moment she boarded the Hogwarts Express, there was James Potter, staring. It was the same every year, he'd ask her out almost every day and the answer never changed.

The reason Lily had refused him continuously was simple. James Potter was a heartbreaker, Lily Evans was afraid. She was afraid because she could actually see herself falling for a guy like James. She was afraid to let her fragile heart get shattered like glass. It had never occurred to Lily that she might be breaking James heart, piece by piece, every time she rejected or insulted him.

Now, as Lily was about to enter her seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she could not help but wonder what would have happened if just once she had said yes. She had told everyone she hated him because he was an arrogant, bullying toe-rag but she had gotten to know James better in sixth year and she knew there was more to him than the mischief. But were his feelings real?

'' He's a seventeen year old boy; he can't be in love with me!'' , Lily often told herself.

She couldn’t deny that he liked her though, enormously, and she knew he wanted to date her. Lily had to admit that James and she had chemistry, even passion. They did fight a lot; she missed their fights in the holidays and found herself wanting to see him again.

Lily stood up and inspected herself in the mirror. She glared at the reflection, as if waiting for something to happen. This was what James saw, she didn’t see what was so special. She frowned at the mirror, in frustration. Could it be he was only in it for the chase? Why did James Potter like her anyway? She wasn't ugly but she wouldn't have described herself as beautiful.

Lily Evans was particularly short in height; she had to be the smallest in their year, except perhaps Peter Pettigrew. She was slim and had a nice figure. What made Lily stand out from the crowd were her hair and her eyes. She had flaming long red hair that was silky and shiny. Again she looked at her image miserably as she thought of how her hair clashed with everything. Lily thought her eyes were her best feature, but did boys care about eyes?
She also had very fair skin and her cheeks always had a healthy glow to them. Lily didn’t like her skin either though because she could never get a tan and her cheeks meant everyone could tell when she was embarrassed. She had full red lips, a pointed chin and high cheekbones.

Lily sat back down again. As usual, James entered her mind. James could have his pick of anyone at Hogwarts, he could even charm the teachers. The Marauders all had a certain presence, except Peter. The other three were all tall, rebellious, intelligent and funny. Lily and Remus Lupin were close because their parents were friends and neighbours. She and James also shared something though she wasn’t sure what it was yet. She had never really spoken to Peter who was always the odd one out, but he seemed decent. Then there was Sirius Black, everyone loved him. You couldn't help but laugh at his antics though he was also known for his talent of breaking hearts.

Lily picked up her letter again, it was from one of her best friends, Roslyn Potter. Lily's other best friend was Lavender Prewitt, the three girls were inseparable.
Roslyn's letter read:

Dear Lily,

How are you? What have you been doing with yourself? Is Petunia (a.k.a. Tuna-Face) being ok? I'll come over and hex her for you if you want.
My summer’s been quite dull so far, though there is the occasional explosion from next door as you can imagine. My git of a cousin and Sirius Black. Sirius is so cute though, I’ve not seen much of him yet.

Anyway, I wanted to invite you over for the rest of the holidays. Lav's coming too. At least she's shut up about Remus now. I swear when they started going out she went on about him for three hours straight. Longest three hours of my life. So, when Remus and Lavender are off planning their dream home I thought you and I could hang out with James and Sirius. My and James’ parents are leaving for France tonight, so we'll have the place to ourselves. James might be over quite often though because his mum won't let them near the kitchen.

By the way I have noticed the little thing you seem to have for my cousin, I have no idea why, you have no problem there because he's not shut up about you since we got off the train. Honestly Lil, I love you honey but if he asks me one more question about you, I think I will scream!

So reply soon and hopefully I’ll see you tomorrow,

Roslyn

P.S. Potter wants to know how you get your hair so shiny! He's got it bad.


Lily blushed and replied to Roslyn’s letter:

Dear Rosie,

I can't believe you fancy Black, he's such an idiot. And since when do I have feelings for James? Ok, maybe a little bit, but don't tell anyone.

I asked my parents if I’m allowed to stay with you and they said it was fine. I'll floo over tomorrow with Remus because he is going James' house. My summer has been ok, except for my sister, who flinches whenever I talk to her. I suppose it will be fun to get away for a bit and hang out with my friends. Just promise me you won't go away with Black and leave me alone with Potter!

See you tomorrow,

Lily.




Lily folded up the parchment and tied it to her snowy owl, Blizzard. Then, she looked out her best clothes for the next day. She washed her hair and painted her nails, not to impress anyone in particular.





A/N: Hi! Ok, first chapters are always kind of slow but it gets better when she gets to Godric's Hollow, I promise. Please read & review if you have time.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=32610