Every Little Part of Me by Foxy Wolf
Summary: Ginny's enjoying her success as professional Chaser but something is missing. She's fighting to cope with Harry's death and finds comfort in the arms of someone she never expected. A Ginny/Blaise pairing.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2551 Read: 1492 Published: 10/16/05 Updated: 10/16/05

1. Unexpected Rendezvous by Foxy Wolf

Unexpected Rendezvous by Foxy Wolf
Author's Notes:
Thanks once again to the fabulous Potterphile12 for BETA-ing. I feel really good about this story and I hope you guys like it as well. Now on with the story.

Disclaimer: Every person mentioned in this story is owned by JK Rowling (except Harry and Ida). Alas, I only came up with the plot.

The lyrics is from the Every Little Part of Me by Julie Berthelsen from Greenland and this story is inspired by that song.


'I’m in this melancholy mood
That never does me any good
It gets worse when I’m tired
It’s a habit I’ve acquired'



Ginny looked at herself in the mirror. She knew she looked good in her new dark green, fitted dress.

But she hated the fact that she looked good. She hated the fact that everybody looked at her all the time, even stared. Then again, it was to be expected. After all she was ‘The beautiful 24-year old Ginny Weasley; Chaser and Team Captain of the Ballycastle Bats’ as Witch Weekly had proclaimed in one of their articles about successful women and their careers.

And now she was expected to attend a party for the magazine, where anybody who was anything was going to be. She didn’t like parties like these. Actually, she didn’t like any kind of party. It was always the same. Strangers would come up to her and talk like they had known her for years.

Gits. Nothing more than gits.

And she knew it wouldn’t be the same without him.

She checked herself in the mirror again and all of a sudden felt a warm breeze on her shoulder. She moved her hand up to the spot.

Harry?

No; it definitely wouldn’t be the same.

She put on a pair of deep red high heeled shoes and took another look at the mirror. They worked well with the short dress; it made her legs seem longer, which was good since she wasn’t that tall. She looked at the clock.

Almost 8 o’clock. Well, off to the party. At least Ron and Hermione will be there.

She kissed Arnold goodbye, made sure her wand was in her handbag and Disapparated.




“Hey Ginny. You look great.”

“Thanks Ron. You’re not so bad yourself. And Hermione, you look amazing,” Ginny beamed at the couple.

“You’re just saying that to make me feel better,” Hermione said, but she had a smile on her face.

“No, really. You can hardly tell you gave birth just a few months ago,” Ginny said truthfully “And how are my little niece and nephew?”

“Mum’s got them,” Ron answered “Ida was sleeping when we left, but Harry was wide awake.”

Her stomach gave a jolt. She always felt like this when she heard that name. She let out a small sigh.

“Sorry. We thought you were alright with us naming our son after him,” Hermione said and stroked Ginny’s arm.

“I am. Honestly. Some times I just can’t believe he’s been gone for six years,” Ginny said sadly “But I made my peace with it a long time ago.”

But that doesn’t change the fact that you miss him terribly.

“Enough about that, how is it going with the four of you?”

They talked about Ron’s career with the Chudley Canons; he was now in his fifth season as Keeper. Hermione told her what it was like being away on maternity leave from her work at the Department of the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.

I don’t think she’ll ever give up on that S.P.E.W. thing.

After a while Kirley McCormack, former lead guitarist of the Weird Sisters, came over and started to talk to them. He told them he had started up a magazine called Marvellous Magical Music and he wanted to talk to Ron and Ginny about music within the Quidditch society. Ron began ranting about ‘Unite all ye Chudleys; and hear the Canons roar’, which he had memorized by the age of three. Ginny assured them she wasn’t needed, excused herself and walked over to the bar for a drink.

She ordered a double Firewhiskey, finished it in one drop and ordered another. She was starting to feel a bit sad, and tried hard to avoid a stroll down memory lane.

Ginny looked around.

How can they all be so happy?

She saw Lavender Brown with her husband, smiling and stroking Lavender’s pregnant belly. Parvati Patil was standing next to them clinging on to yet another one of her famous boyfriends. Ginny knew Parvati was only doing it for the prestige, but she didn’t know why all the guys were going along with it.

Must be her looks.

Ginny felt like the entire room was filled with couples and she couldn’t help but think, what it would have been like if Harry had still been alive. They would probably be standing amongst all of the other couples.

A surge of tears ran through her body but she held them back, and she felt a warm sensation around her waist.

Harry.

It wasn’t fair that everybody was happy except her. And it was all because of Harry. Stupid Harry who had to go and die on her. Stupid Harry and his stupid enemies.

But he’s not stupid. You’re only saying that to make yourself feel better.

She had honestly thought that she had made her peace with it, but it all seemed to be coming back tonight.

But why tonight? Why now all of a sudden?

The first year had been unbearable. By the second year she was coming around. And the last four years had been fine. She had only thought about him once in a while. But now it was like she could feel him. Like he was watching her every move.

She missed his warm embrace. How he would hold her when they woke on a Sunday morning and stayed in bed, just holding each other and talking. He always told her that she should be prepared for the worst, even though he had defeated Lord Voldemort. They both knew Voldemort still had loyal followers who were prepared to do anything to get to Harry.
Harry was always reassuring Ginny that the pain would go away and encouraged her to find someone else to be happy with, if that tragic day should occur where a Death Eater would finally find him.
Ginny didn’t want to listen to him. It was too absurd, and she was confident that he would never die.

How wrong you turned out to be, Ginevra.

She lifted the glass of Firewhiskey to her lips and drank.

She cursed Draco Malfoy for ruining her life. She hated him for what he had done to Harry.

And she cursed Harry for being right.

“Drinking won’t make you forget.”

Ginny heard a familiar voice behind her and turned around. She saw a handsome dark wizard with long black hair, slanting eyes which seemed almost jet black and a superior look on his face.

“Zabini. Haven’t seen you since Hogwarts, except for in the magazines of course,” she said scornfully but caught herself checking him out.

He was also wearing Muggle clothing. He had on a pair of washed out jeans, a deep purple t-shirt and a dark blue blazer.

Quite attractive.

“I thought you wouldn’t be caught dead with a bloodtraitor like me,” she said irritably and gave him an accusing look.

“Yeah well. You know, follow the leader,” he said mildly amused.

“Speaking of Malfoy, how’s Azkaban treating him?” Ginny asked bitterly.

“I haven’t seen him in about eight years. We lost touch when he ran of. After Dumbledore was killed,” he answered her. He tried to change the subject. “I hear you’re Team Captain. Quite impressive.”

“We can’t all make it on Mommy’s money and good looks.”

“Nice, Weasley,” he said in a bored voice and turned around to leave “Give my best to Weasel King and the missus.”

You’re a bloody idiot, Ginevra. He was just trying to show some compassion.

“Zabini, wait. I’m sorry, I’m just in a bit of a bad mood and I could use some company” she touched his arm and felt a surge of excitement.

He measured her with his eyes and said “Fine. But call me Blaise then.” Although he sounded a bit reserved.

He sad down next to her, and ordered two more double Firewhiskeys.




By ten o’clock Ginny was feeling rather tipsy. She straightened herself up when she saw Ron and Hermione approaching.

“We just wanted to say goodnight. We’re going home to the Burrow,” Ron said “And I don’t think you should drink more for tonight, Gin.”

“Gin? No, It’s FIREWHISKEY,” Blaise said elongated and smirked at Ron.

Ginny started to laugh and almost fell off her chair. Ron gave Blaise a dirty look and said, “And you shouldn’t be hanging with the wrong crowd either.”

“Please, Ron. Stop acting like my big brother. I’m a big girl and I can take care of myself,” Ginny proclaimed as she straightened up in her seat, “After all, I’m Team Captain of Puddlemere United. No wait, that’s Wood. Of the Chudley Can...No, that’s you. Doesn’t matter, I’ll get it in the morning.”

She turned her back to the young couple and ordered another drink. Ron, whose ears where turning more and more red by the second, grabbed Hermione by the arm and made to leave.

“We’ll see you Sunday,” Hermione yelled as Ron dragged her out of the room. Ginny waved without looking at them.

“So you still live with your parents then?” Blaise asked her.

“Yeah. I don’t like being alone after what happened to Harry,” she said and looked away. She didn’t feel like looking Blaise in the eyes.

“I’m really sorry about that,” he said truthfully “It must have been hard for you. For all of you.”

“Please. You never liked him. You loathed him,” she could feel her eyes stinging.

Blaise lifted his hand to her chin and turned her head so they where face to face, “I really mean it. I’m a grown man. That’s all in the past,” he cleared his throat “And I suppose I was just jealous.” He looked away for a short moment.

Odd. He’s never shown any sign of weakness before. It’s not like him to lose eye contact.

“If there’s anything I can do, please let me know.”

“Thank you.”

Ginny felt a pleasant warmth in her entire body.

Suddenly she felt a bit sick.

Maybe I shouldn’t have had that last glass of Firewhiskey.

She closed her eyes and leaned in over the bar.

“Fancy a walk?” Blaise asked and grabbed her arm gently to help her up from her seat.

She placed her hand on top of his and followed him outside.




The sun had set and it was dark. It was early September and a bit chilly at times. They walked without saying anything for a while and Ginny felt her head clear up in the cool air.
She looked up at the stars. There was no moon out so you could see every little speck of light in the sky. She longed for her broom. How lovely it would be to feel the wind nip at the hems of her clothes and run its long invisible fingers through her hair. She felt free when she was up there. There was no one to interrupt her thoughts and she wouldn’t have to worry about anyone asking her meaningless questions all the time.

She felt closer to Harry when she was flying. He had always been so graceful on a broom. She loved that they shared such passion for Quidditch. They could talk about it for hours.

And that precious look on his face when I told him that The Bats had signed me.

He was so happy for her. Their life together seemed to be forming. Harry had just started his Auror training and they talked about taking a vacation together to celebrate each other. They had everything planned. They were going to Greenland with Ron and Hermione, who had just announced their engagement. Hermione had always wanted to study the magical society up there and Harry had told Ginny and Ron about a Muggle sport called dog sleighing. They had been very excited about it and planned to cross the ice cap. Everybody was looking forward to it.

But they never went. Harry was killed three days before.

Harry...

“Are you alright?”

Ginny hiccoughed in surprise and she could feel that her face was wet.

Have I been crying?

She wiped her cheeks and smiled reassuringly at Blaise. He hesitated but smiled back eventually.

“Have you always been so aloof?” she asked him.

He smirked and said “I guess so. I never had any true friends. And I haven’t met anyone I felt like opening up to.” He shrugged “It’s not in my nature.”

“It’s funny. I haven’t really talked to anyone about Harry since he was killed,” Ginny said and let out a small laugh “And I never expected that you would be the one I talked to.”

Blaise looked at her with one eyebrow raised, “And I must admit, I had never imagined that Ginny Weasley would open up to a Slytherin like me,” he said mockingly. He shifted the weight on his feet slightly but hastily walked on as if hoping she hadn’t seen it.

I think he’s warming up to me.

She suddenly had a strong urge to grab his hand, but her thoughts led her back to Harry and she hesitated. All of a sudden she realised how cold it was and she started to shiver.

“Are you cold? Here. Take this,” Blaise took of his coat and wrapped it around Ginny’s shoulders. She raised her hand and laid it on top of his. He pulled back his hand.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to....” his eyes shifted “You look hurt. I’m sorry.”

“I understand,” Ginny proclaimed but she didn’t feel convinced. “The other girls at Hogwarts just told me that you always had a thing for me. And I just thought...”

“It wouldn’t be right,” he interrupted “You’re obviously not over Harry yet and no matter what you think of me, I couldn’t do that to you.”

Ginny blushed and appreciated his gesture. She struggled with her thoughts but eventually leaned in and kissed Blaise lightly on the lips. She could feel that it had taken him aback but after a few seconds he succumbed to the moment. Their lips broke apart and he wrapped his arms around her. She had been scared that she wouldn’t be alright with it, that she would be taunting Harry’s memory.

Ginny felt a warm breeze surrounding the both of them and it was as if it was kissing her gently on her cheek.

Thank you Harry.

She was going to be alright.

'Every little part of me
Is missing you now
Every little part of you
No matter where you are I do
This body aches
To be kissing you now
Every little part of you
Deep down to the heart of you
And in the middle of the night
You should hear my spirit cry
Oh I, I’m still missing
Every little part of you'


-Julie Berthelsen

Finished....for now anyway.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=34436