Because You Live by Auror81692
Summary: Ron and Ginny have lost their family in the war against Voldemort. Most of the Order is also dead. How can Hermione help Ron come out of the seclusion he set himself in?

(*My first fanfic! Please read and review!*)

Thanks to all who reivewed!!
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 993 Read: 2058 Published: 10/23/05 Updated: 10/23/05

1. Because You Live - One Shot by Auror81692

Because You Live - One Shot by Auror81692
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Harry Potter or anything about it. It belongs to J.K. She's the genius not me. I just came up with the plotline. DON'T ARREST ME!!!

Dedication: I'd like to dedicate this fanfic to my friends Julia, Liz, and Jessica for their support and friendship. For Tonks442 who inspired me to become a fanfic writer.

~*~*~

A teenaged boy sat looking out a window allowing his mind to wander and think about the events of the days' past. It had been the worst day of his life. His eyes puffy from crying, his cheeks tinged with red from having so many tears roll down them.

The battle had taken place at Hogwarts. Ron, Ginny, Harry, and Hermione were battling the 20 or some Death Eaters. Ginny had her arm broken and her wand snapped in two. Hermione had been hit by the same purple flame that she got hit with in the Department of Mysteries. Ron had been badly injured by several Stunning spells. Harry had somehow managed to escape only with a bloody face and a broken nose. The Order had arrived just as Harry killed Voldemort. The Death Eaters, noticing the fall of their master, fought harder than ever to kill all the members of the Order.

Ron never felt more alone. Most of the Order was dead, including his mum, dad, Bill, Charlie, Fred, George, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Mudungus, Mad-Eye, McGonagall, and Snape. Even Hermione's parents, who showed up only to help Hermione, were killed. Only he, Lupin, Tonks, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny survived. Ron realized with a sinking feeling that he, Harry, and Hermione had one thing in common: all their parents were killed at the hands of Voldemort or his followers.

Tonks and Lupin swore to protect them and treat them like family, but they knew it wasn't the same. Ron had remained in seclusion from the others for 4 days now, never opening up or talking.

"R-Ron?" a voice called from the kitchen door. Ginny had tear-stained cheeks and was looking for her brother only to comfort him. She knew how he had shut himself away from the rest.

"Go away," Ron said.

"I-I want to h-help y-you," Ginny said, tears forming in her eyes.

"I don't need help. I'm perfect, thanks," He replied.

"Fine. If you don't want help, I won't give it to you. But you'll need it," Ginny said, and stormed off.

Ron knew she was right. In fact, she had never been more right. Ron needed help getting over his feelings of loss and dispair. He didn't know it, but he needed that help more than ever. And he would get it.

~*~*~

Ron sat in the kitchen, still moody and depressed, late into the night. He was starting to realize that he needed to talk to someone about the way he was feeling, but blocked it out of his mind. Harry had tried to talk to him earlier, but Ron just yelled for him to back off, saying he could sort out his own mess.

He felt someone sit in the chair accross from him. He glanced to see Hermione sitting there, looking intently out the window. His stomach instanly filled with the familiar sensation of butterflies. He knew he loved Hermione, but his sadness had engulfed his thoughts of her since his family died. Now that she was once again sitting near him, Ron could only think of her.

"Ron?" she said. He looked straight into her beautiful amber eyes. They had tears beginning to form in them. He opened his arms to her which she collasped into. She began to sob into the crick of his neck, almost uncontrolably.

"I-I-I c-c-can't b-b-believe t-t-they're d-d-dead!" she sobbed.

"Neither can I," Ron said, and tears began to form in his eyes. He wiped them away with the back of his hands and continued, "They didn't deserve to die like that."

"I-I-I k-k-know! I-I-It w-w-wasn't fair!" Hermione cried.

Ron pulled her closer, stroking her long bushy locks. Then he said something he had kept pentup inside himself for days. "It just feels like...I should have died along with them."

"NO!" Hermione screamed and seemed to sob even harded than before, if that was possible. "R-R-Ron, i-i-if y-y-you h-h-had d-d-died t-t-too...D-D-Don't s-s-say t-t-things l-l-like t-t-that! I-I-I l-l-love y-y-you, R-R-Ron!" Then she pulled back, horrorstruck at what she had said. "W-Well I-I meant t-to s-say-" she stammered.

Ron placed a finger to her lips to silence her. Then he pulled his finger back, looked deeply into Hermione's eyes, and kissed her. She was surprised, but didn't pull back. She wrapped her arms around his neck. He in turn he embraced her, pulling her closer and kissing her deeper.

After a few seconds, they pulled back smiling shyly at each other, and Ron's ears were very red. Then he said, "I love you, 'Mione. I always have, and I always will."

"I love you, too, Ron," she said, hugging him around the waist. "And, I do believe you owe some people an apology.

"Ok, I'll go tell Harry and Ginny I'm sorry. Wonder where they are," Ron said.

"Oh, there in Ginny's room. Harry is...um...comforting Ginny," Hermione said, a smirk sliding across her face.

Ron turned red and said, "Oh, if Harry..." and they went up to Ginny's room, hand-in-hand.

~*~*~

THE END!

(A/N: My first fanfic! I hope you liked it! Please read and review!)
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=35078