The Dance, The Gift, And The Day by maschan
Summary: Harry recalls his and Ginny's last dance...or so he thinks. As the years go by Harry (and Ginny) realize what they each lost that night when Ginny said those HORIBLE words to him. Main italic words are song lyrics to Garth Brooks’ song The Dance. Please r/r!!!!!! This is my first fan fiction and I will be adding more chapters as soon as I get this one approved. Thanks for your support. come on guys...1340 reads and only 7 revews!?!?!?!?! Please Revew. if you revew i will send you $1000 Chapter 2 is under construction, but it may be rated PG-13 words under "Chapter ... " Are the chapter that follows. For Example when it says " Chapter 2" the words "“Harry, what did Ginny wan…”"Were the first Words of that chapter
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3657 Read: 1912 Published: 11/02/05 Updated: 11/29/05

1. The Dance by maschan

The Dance by maschan
Looking back, on the memory of, the dance we shared, beneath the stars above, and for a moment, all the world was right, how could I have known that you’d ever say goodbye.
Holding you I held everything for a moment wasn’t I a king and if id only know how the king would fall, hey who’s to say, you know I might have changed it all.



Harry recalled his and Ginny’s last dance. It was at Ron and Hermione’s wedding. A slow song began as he walked over to her.

“Care to dance?” he asked her. She looked startled as if she hadn’t even seen Harry walk over.

“Huh?”

“I asked if you wanted to dance, Ginny. Are you all right?” he asked noticing the look on her face.

“I’m fine Harry, and yes I would love to dance.”

As they walked out onto the dance floor the slow song ended and yet another started. As they swayed to the music tears began to form in Ginny’s eyes. Harry looked down at her and noticed the tears. “Now I know there has to be something wrong otherwise you would not be crying.”

She looked up at Harry and said in a very sad voice, with very sad eyes, between breaths she whispered “I can’t see you anymore Harry.”

“Why not, Voldemort has been defeated. I killed him with the Avada Kadavera curse. Don’t you remember? You saw me do it”

“I just can’t anymore. Why do you want to know the specific reason?”

“Because I love you and I know that you love me, too, so I know you wouldn’t just say this out of the blue.”

“I just can’t”

And that was the last time they ever danced…or so they thought
************************************************************************
It was the night after they had broken up. She still had tears in her eyes. Neville had been at he wedding.

“Ginny, what’s wrong?” Neville had asked her.

“Harry and I just broke up.” She had replied to him.

His heart jumped. “Are you going to be ok, Gin?”

Noticing Neville as if for the first time, she looked at him and said, “Yes, I think I will be.”

Neville noticed her sudden change of heart. “You seem happy now, Gin.” He reported.

She ran up to him and put her arms around him. This excited Neville. Their relationship had started again. She leaned up and kissed him.

“You were always there for me. Thank you.”

Neville, still caught off guard said simply, “Your welcome”
************************************************************************
There was a knocking at Ron and Hermione’s house years after their wedding.

Ron looked through the door window and saw Harry outside of it.

“Hermione, we have a guest.”

“Who is it, Ron?”

“Harry”.

Hermione came rushing down the stairs grinning from ear to ear. She still loved her old friend.

“Harry, what brings you here?”

“Ginny didn’t tell you?”

“Tell us what?” They had said, though Harry was sure they knew.

“Ginny broke up with me at your guys wedding.”

Both dropped their jaws. Again, Harry was sure it was an act.
Harry felt the same way. She was everything to him and she had suddenly dropped the bomb on his head, HARD.

The phone rang. Hermione pulled up a caller id with a simple flick of the wrist with her wand.

“Oh my.”

“What is it, Hermione?”

“Nothing Harry.”

But to late. Harry had seen the name on the id.

‘Mr. And Mrs. Neville Longbottom.’

“Who is the Mrs. Longbottom?”

“An old friend from school!” She said it all very fast and again Harry didn’t believe her.

“It’s Ginny, isn’t it?!”

“Now, Harry, remember that you and her are not dating anymore. She doesn’t love you anymore.”

“But I still love her.”

Again Ron and Hermione’s jaws dropped, this time it was for real though

“You do?” The simple phrase from Ron surprised Harry.

“Now Ron, if he still loves her, then let him talk to her.”

The phone was still ringing.

Hermione went and got it, came back, and handed it to Harry.

“It’s your choice, Harry.”

“I know.”
************************************************************************
Ginny was the one calling.

“Hello.”

Oh no, what is Harry doing there? What am I going to do? I still love him and am married to Neville. What do I do?

“Hello, Harry. Why are you at Ron and Hermione’s house?”

“Hello, Mrs.Longbottom. How has life been treating you?”

“Fine, and you?”

Horrible. I came to my best friend in the whole world to find that you and another of my best friends are married, how do you think I feel?!

“OK I guess. Gin, how come I wasn’t invited to your wedding”

“Harry, you know that I loved you when I was dating him. We started dating right after you and I broke up and I still loved you”

“If you still loved me then why did you leave me?”

“We have been through this, Harry, I was scared!”

“Answer me this one question then, do you still love me today?”

“With all my heart, Harry.”

“Congratulations, Harry.”

“Who was that, Gin?”

There was a pause. He then heard the voice again talking with Ginny. He was in the background.

“How long have you loved him, Ginny, after all we have been through?”

“I never stopped!”

Harry then knew who it was.

“Ginny, give Neville the phone.”

“Harry, what are you talking about, Neville isn’t here right now.”

“Stop lying, Gin. Give your husband the phone.”

After still some arguing, she gave Neville the phone

“What’s up, Harry?”

“Nothing, Neville. How is being married to Ginny doing for you?”

“It was good at first, but now it is almost crazy. All she ever talks about is you. I can’t stand it anymore. How did you do it all these years?”

“Simple, I loved her, and still do love her. You are married to her and don’t love her? How low are you? Did you ever love her?”

“I did at a time, but that was a long time ago.”

They heard tears in another room. Neville had left the phone on and Ginny had heard it ALL.

“Harry, stay there!” She ordered.

They heard a ‘pop’ and she was gone. A second later there was another ‘pop’ and she was standing next to Harry at Ron and Hermione’s house.

“I’m sorry I left you all those years ago, Harry.”

“It’s all right, Gin.”

“Neville, are you still there?”

“Yes, Ginny, I am.”

“We’re through.”

And that was the last Neville heard from Ginny.

"Harry, Please take me back!" She said through gasps of tears.

He simply leaned forward and kissed her.

"So is that a 'yes' or a 'no'?" She asked though now she was joking.



CHAPTER 2
THE GIFT(S)

“Harry, what did Ginny wan…”

He had meant to say ‘Harry, what did Ginny want, I heard some of your conversation when you were talking to her’, but it never came.

Instead from his mouth came this and then, “WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY SISTER?! IT ISN’T BAD ENOUGH THAT I KNOW THAT YOU STILL LOVE HER, BUT THE FACT THAT YOU LOOK LIKE…”

They were lying together in the guest room, which was at that time Harry’s room, on the bed, looking quite odd.

Clothing thrown all over the room, some male some female, it was apparent what they had been doing, or about to do anyway, if Ron hadn’t come in, with Harry and Ginny under the covers. They were a mess. Ron ran over to Harry and was about to punch as hard as he could until…

“Ron, what is all the fuss about?”

“LOOK AT WHAT THEY’RE DOING!! DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS, HERMIONE?”

“I knew that he still loved her, so did you. And I had a feeling that Ginny still loved Harry as well. You can’t tell me that you didn’t notice anything at the wedding?”

“She looked a little sad, but so did you at our wedding. I knew that you were actually happy about it.”

“Call it a woman’s hunch, but I knew that she was really sad, not happy. And I was correct, wasn’t I Ginny?”

Ginny was still quiet.

“WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO YOU, RON?”

Harry.

This caught Ron off guard. He had completely forgotten that Harry was there, let alone half naked under the covers with his sister.

“IT CONSERNES ME BECAUSE OF HOW YOU TWO LOOK RIGHT NOW AND SHE IS MY SISTER”

“Ronald, stop it. They are apparently still in love. You can’t stop that.”

“I can if I want to!”

With a slight ‘pop’, he was gone.

A second later there were two ‘pop’s and Harry knew that one of them was Ron, but who was the other one?

Molly.
************************************************************************
Many days had passed since Harry and Ginny had seen each other and they were getting lonely for each other.

With Harry now living at Number 12, Grimmauld Place, Ginny got to ‘see’ more of Harry. When she came over the night before, Harry and her had had a conversation. Parts of it still ran through his mind.
*******flashback*************
"Harry, I-I-I-I’m pregnant with your child.” “That’s wonderful darling.”

“Well not exactly, I haven’t told any of my family yet.” “Well what are you waiting for? They already love you and I’m beginning to think that they love me, too. The fact that you are having my child will make them happy.”
***********end flashback*********
That was good enough a gift, but Harry wanted to give her more.

The next day Harry went to a muggle store called KAYS JOULERS. He had heard of it on the television one Christmas morning with a Santa helping a person out by giving the woman the man loved by helping him out with finding an engagement ring to give to the girl.
‘Do you believe in Santa?’
‘Yes I do’
‘Well he helped me out by picking this’ and he showed her the ring. She and he kissed and the slogan came on ‘EVERY KISS BEGINS WITH KAY’.

Harry was going to propose to Ginny.

He saw the perfect ring in the store. Solid gold, five huge diamonds, and had the optional writing on the inside saying in his own handwriting.

Harry chose the ring and in it he also engraved the words ‘I’ll love you forever, Ginny’ in his handwriting.

Harry thought that it was kind of cool watching the laser engrave the words into the ring.

However he did have a small problem, he only had Sickles, Galleons, and Knuts. He hadn’t thought of transferring his money into muggle money.

He asked if he could go to the bank really fast to get some money out of his account. The man said he could and Harry went to the bank as he had asked, with one acceptation-it was Gringotts…the wizard bank.

He transferred his money into muggle money there and he went back to the store and asked the man “How much?”

The man replied, “For what you have asked for and since you have already had the ring engraved, two hundred pounds”

“That’s reasonable”

Harry paid the man and got the nicest ring box that he could find in the store.

He then went back home and to his surprise, Ginny was already there.

“Ginny, what are you doing here? Or at least not inside! Good God it has to be only like five degrees out here.”

“I know Harry, but I forgot my key and I couldn’t get in by apperating.”

“Oh. I forgot that I put up a spell to not let people just apperate into my home. I got the idea from Dumbledore. I’ll see if I can get so that only you and I can apperate into the house…Wait, what about ‘alohamora’?”

“Oh, uhh, I realize that I’m a redhead but sometimes I have just these stupid blond moments.”

“Well let’s go inside and worm you up!”
************************************************************************
“Ginny, wake up. It’s Christmas”

“IT IS?!”

“Yes and I have a special gift for you.”

“What is it?”

“You’ll see.”

They went to the room where the tree was in and almost the whole room had gifts stacked up to the ceiling. But there was a very small box that took Ginny’s eye right away.

“Is that the special gift?”

Harry nodded.

As she opened it Harry got down on one knee and waited for Ginny to open the box.

“Oh, Harry, it’s beautiful!”

“Will you…”

But that is all he could say because she instantly jumped on him and kissed him until neither thought they could breath anymore and she said with a smile,
“Of coarse I’ll marry you”

“Thank you, Ginny, Thank you”

AN: first a pound is brittish money and second five degrees is in degrees celcious, not farinhight so in farinhight it is about 40 dergees thought you'd like to know

CHAPTER 3
THE DAY

“Mum, mum, mum”

She said it fast. Ginny Weasly was nearly yelling at her mother.

“What is it, Ginny?”

“Mum, look close at my hand and tell me if you can tell anything odd about it!”

She was still talking fast.

After a few minutes, Molly still didn’t see what Ginny was talking about.

“What dear?”

“Oh honestly, Mum, you can’t see it?”

She raised her left hand up higher to her mothers face and all the sudden Molly saw what Ginny was talking about.

“Ginny, it’s beautiful. Who gave it to you?”

Ginny scoffed and acted as if she was saying ‘as if you really need to ask’!

“Oh, dear. Harry gave it to you?”

“No mum, Neville re proposed to me and I accepted, do you really need to ask who gave it to me. Of coarse it was Harry!”

“That’s good dear. I always thought that you and Harry made a better couple than you and Neville did.”

“He got down on one knee as I opened the box that it was in and he asked me as soon as I saw it…and…there’s something else that I need to tell you, mum, but you can’t tell anyone else. PLEASE!”

“All right. I won’t tell anyone else whatever it is that you are about to tell me, now tell me.”

“I-I-I-I-I’m pregnant with Harry’s baby.”

“WHAT????????????!!!!!!!!!”

“I thought you said that you wouldn’t scream!”

“I SAID I WOULDN’T TELL ANYONE ELSE AND THAT IS THE TRUTH…YOU WILL!!!!!!!!”

“MUM, I’M A GROWN WOMAN AND IT IS MY CHOISE WHEN I GET PREGNAN, AND BY WHO!!!!!!!! I LOVE HARRY AND HE LOVES ME AND I AM SURE THAT HE WILL MAKE AN EXCELENT FATHER TO MY CHILD!!!!!!!”

“FINE THEN. I WON’T FORCE YOU TO TELL THEM, BUT YOU SHOULD”

“I’m sorry for that outburst, mum, but I needed to tell you. And Harry already knows and he thinks it’s a good thing, too”

“Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Bill, Flour, Dad, could you all get in here please? I have something I need to tell you all.”

Molly looked at Ginny as if she was crazy, but Ginny went through with it as they all came in to the room.

“What is it, Ginny, Why do you sound so loud?” they All asked.

“First, Harry proposed to me today and I wanted you all to know and also… I’m pregnant with Harry’s baby.”

There were many gasps and Ginny was sure she heard a glass hit the ground.

She was sure that they were all going to yell at her, but nothing came.

“We sort of thought that you were pregnant when you started acting cranky all the time and as for Harry proposing to you, I already knew, He came to me and asked my permission.” Answered Arthur andRon.

“Really, dad?”

“Ahem”

“Sorry Ron, I kind of forgot that you said that, too.”

“It’s all right, Ginny, and Hermione…”

“Now, Ron, I thought we were going to wait”

“Yes now”

“Hermione and I are expecting a child, too, within a couple months. I know that she doesn’t look it, but that’s because of the spell that we put on her to keep her skinny. It was all her idea. I still don’t know how she did it but the doctors say that the baby and her are fine.”

All the sudden ‘pop’ Harry was standing next to Ginny.

“Did you tell them, baby?”

“Just now, but you missed Ron and Hermione’s announcement. Ron?”

“Hermione and I are expecting a child, too, Harry, within a couple months. I know that she doesn’t look it, but that’s because of the spell that we put on her to keep her skinny. It was all her idea. I still don’t know how she did it but the doctors say that the baby and her are fine.”

“You took her to a muggle doctor?!”

“No, they wouldn’t understand how she did it, but the doctors say that she is fine and also, the spell is time sensitive so she should look normal within a couple hours.”

“Dad, I would like to speak to you alone, please.”

“Sure, Ginny.”

As they walked into another room Ginny poured out.

“Dad, I would like you to be the one to give me away.”

“Ginny, I would be honored. Harry, could you come here, please?”

A few minutes later, Harry, Ginny, and Arthur were standing in Ginny’s room.

“First, Harry, Ginny has asked me to be the one to give her away to you and I accepted. Now, for the wedding, when do you have it planned?”

“January thirteenth, Mister Weasly.”

“Excellent! And where are you planning on having it?”

“I don’t really know for sure but,”

Harry and Ginny had to talk about it and they came back with the answer.

“We would like to have the wedding here, if that’s all right with you, Mister Weasly.”

“Of coarse, but you need to start planning on getting the dresses, vests and other things as well if it’s going to be on the thirteenth.”

“And you’ll also have to have a best man and I need to have a brides made, Harry.”

“Ron’s my best man and as for your brides made, why not Hermione?”

“Yes, Harry?” Hermione called from the room below them.

“How does she do that?”

“We still don’t know how, she has been like that ever since her and Ron got married.”

They heard a small ‘ssssssssss’ sound coming from downstairs and they all ran down to see what was wrong.

They soon found out. Hermione was back to, if you could call it this, normal size.

She was HUGE.

“Hermione I think you have more than one baby in there.”

“I know, I know.”
****************January twelfth, January thirteenth at midnight************
“Harry I’m nervous”

“I know, love, but it is the day. Come on, we need sleep, we need to be at your parents house in a couple hours so you and I can get ready, I’m going to help put up the decorations and we need to get Ron and Hermione with there outfits on as well.

They went to sleep.
*************** Noon, At the Weasly’s house ceremony. **************
“I, Harry, take you, Ginny, to be my wedded wife. With deepest joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. As is Christ to His body, the church, so I will be to you a loving and faithful husband. Always will I perform my headship over you even as Christ does over me, knowing that His Lordship is one of the holiest desires for my life. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care. I promise I will live first unto God rather than others or even you. I promise that I will lead our lives into a life of faith and hope in Christ Jesus. Ever honoring God's guidance by His spirit through the Word, And so throughout life, no matter what may lie ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful husband.”

“I, Ginny, take you, Harry, to be my wedded husband. With deepest joy I come into my new life with you. As you have pledged to me your life and love, so I too happily give you my life, and in confidence submit myself to your headship as to the Lord. As is the church in her relationship to Christ, so I will be to you. Harry, I will live first unto our God and then unto you, loving you, obeying you, caring for you and ever seeking to please you. God has prepared me for you and so I will ever strengthen, help, comfort, and encourage you. Therefore, throughout life, no matter what may be ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as an obedient and faithful wife.”

“You may kiss the bride.” said Dumbledore, as he was the one marrying the two.

And Harry kissed Ginny longer, with more love, and with more feeling than ever before.

And they lived Happily Ever After.


PS-Ron and Hermione's child was a little girl who they named Alyssa Christina Weasly.
Harry and Ginny's was a little boy named William Alexander Potter
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=35820