Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love
Summary: Two people who have hated each other since they met, have suddenly begun to take interest in eac other. Was it meant to be? Or is there some foul play? In the end, there is one fatality, but is it of the heart or of the body of someone who once loved another?
Categories: Hermione/Draco Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 14522 Read: 60214 Published: 11/24/04 Updated: 12/02/04

1. Stealing Glances by Cabalistic Love

2. Cold Eyes by Cabalistic Love

3. Fiery Emotions by Cabalistic Love

4. Lingering Sensations by Cabalistic Love

5. Anger or Lust? by Cabalistic Love

6. Pure Passion by Cabalistic Love

7. Hating Love by Cabalistic Love

8. A Kiss Can Hold Mystery by Cabalistic Love

9. A Suprising Dream by Cabalistic Love

10. The Halloween Ball by Cabalistic Love

11. Waiting For The Moment To Strike by Cabalistic Love

12. Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love

Stealing Glances by Cabalistic Love
Stealing Glances


“ Ron! Harry! It’s so good to see you! Its seems like forever since I last saw you two!” Shouted Hermione, while she pushed her way through the crowded streets of Diagon Alley. It was the seventh and final year at Hogwarts and she had become the Head Girl over the summer. This was expected, naturally, because during her past six years at Hogwarts Hermione had always followed the rules and took great pride in her studies. It was not easy, studying all the time as she did, but she had finally gotten what she had always wanted, the position of Head Girl.

Over the summer the fact that she had become Head Girl was not the only new thing about Hermione. During the vacation Hermione changed and grew like a normal teenager, but in a way that no one had anticipated. During the summer her legs had become longer, her big brown eyes had seemed to have lost some of their innocence, making her seem older, yet still young. Her hair had become shinier and more managble and her eyelashes had become thick and dark. Her normally thin pink lips had gained the bee stung look and seemed to have gotten larger. Besides the changes in appearance, Hermione had also gained more confidence with boys and now she hoped to become more social.

As soon as the two boys turned, they immedatly stopped grinning and just stared. They saw what she had become, and obviously they liked it. They still loved Hermione as a best friend only because over the summer they had changed too, but more in an emotion development kind of way instead of physical changes. They had both gotten girlfriends and acted less immature, though as the rest of us know, they will never become fully mature. They will always keep some of that boyish immaturity which is what gives them such great charm.

“Oh you two, shut your mouths, you look like you’ve seen a ghost. I guess I changed a bit over the summer, don’t you think?” Hermione said, with same tone of voice as always, slightly mature yet girlish.

“You really have changed ‘Mione. Its seems like a whole new you, right mate?” replied Harry, nudging the still shocked Ron.

“ Uhhh… yea.. you look…really different….” Ron managed to say.

“I like how my hair decided to finally allow me to handle it and the way my lips became fuller, but I am having a hard time with my legs. Do you know how hard it is to find a pair of pants that fit? Honestly it’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack…….” Hermione said.

“What’s a haystack?” Ron said, looking confused.

“Never mind, it’s a muggle thing. Did you see the courses we are taking this year? Its fascinating, Muggle Studies, Transfiguration, Defense against the Dark Arts! But then again we have to take potions again as well….” said and obviously happy Hermione.
“ Ummm… if you hadn’t noticed Hermione, those are the same courses we always take….” Harry said with a look on his face that said “Hello, come back to Earth.”

“I know silly, but they are always different! We always learn something new and exciting!”, said Hermione joyously. “Come on you two we have to get to the station. The train will be there soon!”

“All right, all right. Geez woman, slow down!” Harry and Ron both replied.

At The Station


“ Hermione you go first since you are the Head Girl, set an example for the rest of the student body.” Harry said, making fun of her eagerness to get to school to fulfill her duties as Head girl.

“Yes, of course I will.” She replied, not noticing the joke.

She then ran full speed into the wall between platforms ten and nine just like always, but this time she turned her head slightly and saw something that took her breath away. He stood with his to idiot friends that were like body guards, and seemed to have an air about him. Though he seemed like an arrogant fool, he was magnificent. His platinum blond locks were tousled into a perfect I “just-got-out-of-bed look and his shining silvery- blue eyes were filled with passion. He had a wonderful body muscular but not too much and it showed through his tight fitting black shirt and scruffy jeans. But as soon as she hit the wall she realized, the boy that had just taken her breath away was none other than Draco Malfoy.

“No, I can’t think of him like that.” She thought when she came through the walls walking towards the train. “For the past six years he has made my life a living hell. I can’t think of him after the numerous times he has called me a mudblood.” Though she cursed away the thoughts of him, she couldn’t help but wonder what thinking would hurt.

While waiting with his cronies, Crabbe and Goyle, as he saw a dashing young woman pass through the wall at platform 9 ¾. He watched her in amazement as she confidently strode past, her hair shining, lips full and slightly red, and her legs seem like they would go on forever. She had a toned body, showing that she took care of herself without going to far. She had inviting brown eyes that seem to call you and still seem innocent at the same time. When she was about to hit the wall he saw her turn her head and it hit him. This woman who he had gazed at with thoughts of lust was the know-it-all bookworm, Hermione Granger. He had hated this girl since he met her, but he couldn’t seem to think of a reason why, except for the fact that she was not of pure blood. He tried to banish the thoughts away, but at the same time he still thought of the way she moved and how she had grown.

After they both realized who they were, they quickly tried to ignore the fact that they had been stealing glances.


A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!
Cold Eyes by Cabalistic Love
Cold Eyes


“Why can’t I stop thinking about him?” Hermione wondered while looking for a compartment with Harry, Ron and Ginny.

“Hey, ‘Mione, watch out you’re going to walk into… “Ginny exclaimed, but was cut off when Hermione walked directly into the back of the Pansy Parkinson.

“Shove off, mudblood. Go back to your stupid friends Pothead and the Weasels or I’ll hex you!” Pansy shouted, immediately after the collision.

“I’ll get you for calling me a mudblood! Expell…” Hermione, said obviously irate. Before she could finish what she had started to say, she was quickly pulled away by Harry, who brought her back to reality.

“Thanks, I didn’t watch where I was walking and then I just got pissed at her for being such a bitch and….” Hermione started to mumble be fore she was cut off by Ginny.

“We saw what happened, Hermione. What were you thinking about?” Ginny said, sounding bored.

“ I..ummm….I was thinking about…. Being Head Girl! This reminds me, I have to go and sit in the front with the Head Boy, whoever that is…” Hermione said, flustered.

After collecting her things, Hermione slowly made her way through the train, sneering at pansy as she past, to the end where she found the Head Boy and Girl compartment with someone already there. While thinking of who it could be, she pulled open the door and saw who it was. It was her worst enemy, Draco Malfoy. Quickly she spun around, trying to look as if she was gathering her things, but really she was trying to catch her breath.

“Why do I have to be punished?” she thought, while grimacing.

Then, when she was able to contain her self, she turned again and made her way into the compartment. Draco had not even acknowledged her though, seeing as he was listening to music from his cd player.

“I thought he hated muggle inventions….” Hermione thought to herself.

Then, as she was trying to stuff something into her overhead compartment, he noticed her.

“Damnit! The head girl is that annoying Know-It-All Granger! This is going to be a long year. But it could be fun, seeing as she has certainly changed into such a desirable creature…. Wait, no she hasn’t. She’s still that stupid mudblood. A hot stupid mudblood….. Oh never mind” he thought, a slow sly grin forming upon his face.

Hermione, feeling as if someone was watching her, turned quickly to see his cold, blank eyes staring at her. But it was not only his eyes that she noticed. She also noticed the smirk that he had on his face.

“Oh My God. He was staring at me with that grin. I wonder what the hell he was thinking about. Wait a minute, no I don’t.” Hermione thought, a frown suddenly appearing on her face.

“What’s the matter Granger? Don’t you like what you see?” Draco said, with a hint of sarcasm.

“Of course I don’t like what I see Malfoy. I have hated you since I met you, you little arrogant snob.” Hermione said quickly her voice dripping with such hatred that you could bottle it like venom.

“A woman with a mouth on her… I like it. You better watch out Granger, this year is going to be one wild ride. Just you wait and see, by the end of this year I will have you wrapped around my finger just like the rest of them.” Draco replied, slightly amused.

“Not if I get you wrapped around my finger first.” And with that she stormed off to change into her robes.

“Wow, she’s a tough one and know it looks like we are going to have an interesting time this year. She will be fun to have wrapped around my finger. A smart and sexy one…. Hmmm…. I could defiantly live with that.” Draco thought smirking to himself.

“Ugh, that sexist pig is not going have me wrapped around his finger. He will be wrapped around mine. But he’s right; I did like what I saw. Hmm….. This could get interesting…..” Hermione thought, as she made her way to a bathroom to change.

A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!
Fiery Emotions by Cabalistic Love
Fiery Emotions


Upon reaching the castle, both Draco and Hermione tried to separate, but to no avail. As soon as they tried to different carriages to take them to the castle they were informed that the Head Boy and Girl had to arrive in the same carriage as a symbol of friendship. Then, as if things didn’t seem as if they could get worse, during the feast and the sorting not only were they not allowed to eat at their house tables, they had to eat at the head table with all of the professors, sitting right next to each other.

“Malfoy, scoot over! You have left me barely enough room to set my plate of the damn table!” Hermione growled, suddenly feeling angry.

“Well, that’s because it’s all the room you deserve, you stupid Mudblood.” Draco drawled slowly.

“That’s enough! I can’t take anymore of your crap! As soon as the feast is over I am going to complain to the Headmaster. There is no way you are going to be Head Boy if you are going to constantly degrade me!” Hermione shouted eyes ablaze with fiery emotions.

“Is that so, Granger? You think that if you go whine to your little headmaster that things will get all better? If this is how you feel then you are quite mistaken, my dear, because if you do I will make your life a living hell all year. By the end you will be wrapped around my little finger, and I will make you quiver with fear.” Draco snarled, leaning his face closer to hers.

“Just try it you stuck up son of a bitch!” Hermione said, mocking his voice in such a way that it seemed as if she really was inviting him to try.

“We’ll settle this later, Mudblood.” Draco said quickly, noticing that they were about to be presented.

When the feasting was over and everyone was leaving the great hall, Draco and Hermione were called to stay behind to learn about their duties as well as be told where their dormitories were located.

“As Head Boy and Girl, you shall be in charge of directing the prefects as well as tending to the balls and dances, any parties that occur and the safety of the students. Not only this but it is your duty to set an example for the rest of the students that a Gryffindor and Slytherin can be friends. Now, if you will please follow me, I will show you where you will be residing the rest of the year.” Dumbledore told them.

After continuing up a few sets of stairs and walking down a few hallways, they finally reached the destination they had hoped to arrive at. The painting guarding their dormitories and common room was none other than a painting of Dumbledore himself.

“I always did like this painting of me,” Dumbledore said, while winking at the painting. “The password for this opening will be Phoenix, and no, it cannot be changed. I will just show you into the common room and then I will be on my way. There is always much to do on the first day of school.

“This is your common room, decorated in the colors of both of your houses. It is done in a most tasteful way if I do say so myself. Hermione your room is on the left and Draco yours is on the right. Both have passwords, which you can set in the morning. If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to ask.” Dumbledore told them, and with his final words he left.

The common room was truly magnificent. With drapes of a shimmering gold and a sofa and chairs of silver, it looked very elegant yet something about it was very relaxed. The walls were a lovely red and the trim was all green. There was cozy little kitchen far off to the left and a large fireplace with a wooden desk with a few chairs around it across from it. The lighting in the room was not just a few candles or lamps it was an enchanted ceiling, just like the great hall, but different. There was something about it that was just purely magical. It was very romantic, though neither Draco nor Hermione made any mention of that.

“It’s so beautiful,” Hermione said softly, still in awe.

“I have seen much better,” replied Draco, ever the arrogant jerk.

“I don’t care what you think, since anything I like you immediately hate,” Hermione said snapping at him. “I’m tired and I don’t fell like arguing right now so I am going up to my room.”

“What the hell makes you think I care, Granger?” Draco said.


“Nothing in just felt like saying it. I will, unfortunately, see you in the morning, Malfoy,” Hermione said, in a tone of voice so bitter that it would make flowers shrivel and die. After saying this she quickly turned and briskly walked up the stairs to her room. Upon entering she felt much more relaxed.

This room was quite lovely as well, she thought to herself. I really like how the walls are a nice periwinkle instead of red or gold for a change. Not that I don’t like red or gold, but I guess they get kind of boring after a while.

Looking around her room she found out that she had a brilliant white dresser and desks set, as well as a nice white canopy bed. There were hardwood floors, but in the center there was a plush sage green rug.

“I could really get used to this.” Hermione thought, before heading off into the bathroom to get changed.

Stupid mudblood, she must spend so much time around Potty and Weasel that even the most simple thing rooms such as this are beautiful. I sort of pity her. Wait, never mind, I don’t pity her at all. She isn’t worth my time, Draco thought.


A few moments later, after taking everything in, he left to go to his room. His room was exactly like Hermione’s but instead of periwinkle and white his color combination was dark blue and black. After deciding he didn’t care about anything, he quickly changed and went to sleep.


A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!
Lingering Sensations by Cabalistic Love
Lingering Sensations


Beep! Beep! Beep!

Hermione’s alarm clock sounded, at exactly 5:30 in the morning. She only needed to get ready for seven, but she liked to take her time. She lay I bed for a moment, trying to wipe the sleep from her eyes, before she groggily tried to walk from her be to the bathroom so that she could take a shower. When she got into the bathroom she noticed something that she hadn’t seen the night before. There was another door on the other side, and since it was too early in the morning for her brain to function properly, she couldn’t think of any reason for it to be there. Since she was curious she decided to open the door to see what was on the other side.

Perhaps it is a link to Dumbledore’s office, just in case we need him. But why would it be in my bathroom? she thought, while fumbling with the doorknob.

When she had finally gotten her hands to work like normal she opened the door and gasped, loudly, because of what she saw. It was identical to her room, but only with darker colors and Malfoy sleeping on the bed wearing nothing but a pair of black silk boxers embroidered with a single emerald green dragon at the bottom left hand corner.

He looked somewhat disheveled, probably due to the fact he was sleeping and he probably tossed and turned seeing as how he was lying intertwined with his sheets. Even though his hair was really messed up and he just looked like he had been a tornado, Hermione noticed that he had a spectacular body.

No, no, no! I can’t think about him this way! He is Malfoy! The scum of the Earth, but really hot scum of the earth…..No! Not him! she scolded herself for looking at him for so long.

It was impossible to deny this one urge, just to touch him and not have him notice. To feel his smooth, muscular body just once before she could remember that he had treated her like shit for the past six years. So quickly and quietly she tip toed towards his bed she slowly traced his spine with her finger watching him shiver. Then, after she had traced his back she left, quiet as a mouse, just like usual.

When she got back into the bathroom she could not help but think abut how nice it felt to touch him and not have him call her mudblood and complain about cooties or something as immature as that. With this last thought she hopped into the shower to wash these thoughts away.

At around six fifteen Draco finally woke up, cursing at the fact that he had to wake up from his wonderful dream in order to get ready for his first day of school. He had a very strange dream and it felt so real. He had dreamt that someone had walked into his room late that night and slowly moved their finger down his back. In his dream he did not see this person but he saw the silhouette of a very lovely looking young woman. In his mind he had tried to imagine that this woman was Hermione, because since the day on the train he had wished that she would touch him, if only once. He had felt this way, yet since she obviously hated him he couldn’t do anything. The way her words seemed like venom were the warning signs showing him that she hated him with the passion and fiery hatred of a thousand suns.

When his thoughts finally retuned to the fast approaching school day, got up form his bed, again swearing, and slowly walked to the bathroom. While on his way to the bathroom he thought he could here rushing water, as if there was someone taking a shower, but he thought that since he was Head Boy he did not have to share a bathroom with anyone else. Then a thought bubble burst inside his head. Hermione. She was Head Girl and since they shared a common room they must share other things too. A slow grin appeared of his face as he opened the door, ever so slightly, making sure that she did not see him. Sure enough, it was Hermione in the shower. He could tell it was her by the way her body curved and by the scent of the body wash she was using. It was vanilla, and he was positive that it was her after smelling this because as soon as she had come into the compartment on the train he thought that he could smell vanilla. Then, while he was drifting away in the scent of her, he heard the shower be shut off.

Oh crap, she’ll see me! he thought before hurrying out the door.

Though he stepped out of the room, he did not stray far from the door. In fact, he was right at the door peering in though he saw nothing it was too steamy.

Then, as a sinister smirk came upon his face he thought, Perfect it is so steamy that she won’t be able to see me from the mirror or anything. And with that final thought he walked through the door just to see Hermione bend over with a towel wrapped around her body as she wrapped a towel on her head.

Surprising himself as well as Hermione, while she was wrapping the towel around her head, he walked up behind her and slowly ran his finger down her neck to the top of her towel. Since he was astounded by what he had done he quickly ran into his bedroom and locked the door behind him.

Trying to hide the fact that he had just felt her smooth skin underneath his finger he hurriedly got dressed so he didn’t have to see her on the way out. Right now, all he could do was to avoid her. Before leaving the dormitory, he set his password: vanilla sugar. Even as he rushed out the portrait hole, he still felt the lingering sensation of her skin under his.

Shocked, Hermione ran out of the bathroom and got dressed as fast as she could. In the bathroom Malfoy, she assumed this is who it was, had run his finger down her back as she had done to him. She set her password as she left her room: Moonlight. She had set her password to be moonlight, because this is what she had thought to be the best description for his skin color. While thinking of her password, another thought came into her head. When he had touched her, she had felt a wonderful sensation that had sent chill down her entire body. As she left she couldn’t help but feel the lingering sensation of his finger of her back.


A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!
Anger or Lust? by Cabalistic Love
Anger or Lust?

All through the day, Hermione could not help feeling the sensation that she had felt earlier in the day. She could not concentrate on anything but that, since it was such a profound memory now. Every time she saw him, she felt overcome with suspicion and wonderment. She did not know why he had done it, and she didn’t even know why she had done it to him as he lay in his bed before. At the time she was taken over by some other side of her, a more adventurous side, one that would continually awaken to surprise her at any given moment. All day, during and in between classes she had nothing else but the incident from morning on her mind. Not only was she looking for answers on the subject, but she was also frustrated because she did not want to think of how amazing it felt anymore. If it had been anyone else maybe she wouldn’t think so much of it, but this was Malfoy, the one and only pureblood Malfoy, who over the past few years had seemed like his eyes poured out a poisonous hatred every time her looked at her.

This can’t be happening. Maybe I am just imagining things. Why me? she thought as she stumbled out the door of her last class, heading towards her common room.

On her way to the common room she could not help but feel as if someone was watching her, but every time she turned and looked no one was anywhere near her. Every one she saw seemed to be going in the opposite direction, slowly moving along chatting with friends about how much homework they had. Soon she was her common room, surrounded by the gorgeous drapes and fireplace. The warm, rich colors of the walls were enough to calm her shot nerves, for now at least. Moving slowly through the room she made her way upstairs to her own room to start her homework for the night.

“My life seemed so boring and I had always hoped for something new to happen, but I could never have imagined this!” she said to herself aloud, while walking up the stairs to her room.

“Moonlight,” she said as she came up to her door. It flung it open and she sighed as she stepped inside. Not noticing the other person standing behind her, she moved over to her desk without turning the lights on towards her desk where she placed her books. Not feeling like starting her homework just yet, she walked towards the door with her head down so she could go to the kitchen to fix a snack, but before she reached the door she was roughly forced onto the wall. Surprised by this attack, she shut her eyes and tried to scream but it was to no avail. Someone had put a silencing charm on her so that she could not be heard. Quickly she opened her eyes to see the person that had attacked her. It was none other than the person who had been on her mind all day, Draco Malfoy. As soon as she opened her eyes she tried to scream more, even though she knew that she had a silencing charm on her. Not only did she try to scream, she squirmed.

“Stop it! Stop moving! There is something that we need to talk about!” he said with he eyes staring into hers, flashing with anger or lust, both passionate yet harmful.

“I need to talk to you about what happened this morning. I know that I touched you and I wanted to know what you felt about that,” he said while taking off the charm.

“What can I say about that? I have been thinking about it all day, but know; after all of this I don’t know what to say. I felt the sensation of your skin on mine all day, but know all I can do is think of it and shiver. You made me feel good even if it was only for a second, but now, as I think about it while looking into your eyes I question if that feeling was real or if my mind was playing tricks on me.

“You can’t say that you did not feel something because I know you did. If it helps at all I felt it too. I felt your smooth skin and it made me feel like I had never touched a woman before and believe me I have touched many a woman.” And with that last comment she broke out of his grip, because that feeling of hatred rushed back into her body.

“How could you say a thing like that when before you had just made me feel special? You have no skills with woman and I have no idea why anyone would let you touch them. When I think of what happened this morning, I see how truly icy your touch felt and I think of all the horrible things you have said to me. Never touch me again or I will put such a hex on you that you won’t be able to reverse it. It will be so powerful that it will make you hideous for life, just the way you are on the inside. Believe me when I say that by the end of this ear I will not be wrapped around your finger, nor shall I ever, but you will be wrapped around mine, and I will crush you like an insect which is what you truly are.” As she said this, her voice steadily grew louder until she was practically yelling and her tone of voice was so chilling that it would have made even a dementor shiver.

Suddenly infuriated by what she said he shouted in an equally chilling voice, “What makes you think I would ever touch you again you filthy Mudblood? And for you information you WILL be wrapped around my little finger and I will bring you down off your high horse like I should have done years ago!”

When he was finished she brought her hand hard upon his face, slapping him. At the same time she pushed him out the open door and then slammed it shut. As the door shut she slowly slipped down the back of the door letting silent tears drip down her face.

As he picked himself up from being pushed out the door, he rubbed the angry, red mark that Hermione had left on his face. It was brilliant red and it shone against the pale white of his skin. As he walked into his room one tear trickled down his face and he began to punch the wall in anger. He was mad at her for being so stubbornly beautiful and he was mad at himself for being so rude. He had already screwed any chances he had with her, even though he did not really believe that he felt anything for her yet.

Hearing the banging on the wall from where she sat, she quickly got up and turned on her charmed stereo. She was finally satisfied when she had Linkin Park blasting from her stereo, which is the only thing she listened to when she was mad, and began her homework with tears slowly moving down her face onto the parchment.

Hearing the music from the room next to his, Draco turned on his stereo as well, only his had The Vines playing. Then, when he had set up his stereo, he flopped onto the bed, not feeling like doing his homework and steadily wiped away the silent tear that had created a path down his face. He had never cried about anything before, so obviously something had changed though, he was confused about what it was since he was to angry and sad to think logically.

A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!
Pure Passion by Cabalistic Love
Pure Passion


When her cd had finally ended and she had finished all of her homework, even though she felt as if her heart had been shattered, Hermione wearily rose from her desk and made her way out of her room and down the stairs so that she was in their common room. The sight of the brilliant greens and silvers made her gag and shed just one more silent tear. Why was she such an emotional train wreck, after all it was only Malfoy and for the past six years she had managed to keep him from getting under her skin?

“But a lot has happened in those six years. I think that my skin must be wearing thin.” She thought, unhappy about her weakened outer shell. “I can’t let him get to me. He is nothing but a selfish worm that deserves nothing more that the dirt of some hideous part of the earth. I don’t care anymore and as soon as I see him again I will be as hateful as he as always been to me!” she thought, furious at herself and at him for making her this way.

As soon as the last thoughts passed through her head he walked down the stairs. Though, this time, when he walked down the stairs he did not seem to have such and air about him. He seemed weakened, just like Hermione, though she had never seen him this way before so instead of looking sad and weary, she looked shocked or as if she had seen a ghost.

“What in bloody hell are you staring at, Granger?” Draco questioned, his voice quivering slightly as if he had been crying.

“Nothing, nothing at all. I was just making my way back upstairs and I was frightened by the noise you made.” Hermione said quickly, trying to cover up the fact that she was shocked at his appearance.

“What noise? I didn’t make a bloody noise. You must be going nuts. Oh, wait, I’m sorry you already were nuts!” Draco said, with tears welling up in his eyes.

“You are a miserable human being you know that?” Hermione stated her eyes welling up as well, then turned on her heels and ran up the stairs to her room. “Moonlight” she uttered, tears streaming down her face.

As soon as she collapsed onto her bed she burst into tears, sobbing like a little child.

“How can I let him do this to me? I must find a way to stop it or I am going to have to do something about him being near me at all!” she mumbled, through sobs.

Hearing the sobbing coming from Hermione’s room, Draco thought as if he had accomplished something, he had made the filthy mudblood cry. Then it hit him. He didn’t want to make her cry. He felt a pure passion surge through his heart and it was like something he had never felt before. It was painful and full of pleasure at the same time. It had begun to unfreeze his ice cold heart and he did not know why. Did he actually feel sorry for her, or was there something more? Did he actually feel bad for what he had done?
“It couldn’t be.” He thought. “I have hated mudbloods all my life and that includes her. I have been brought up this way. The Malfoy way and I shall not a let a stupid girl destroy that!”

When this last thought popped into his mind he decided that he needed to talk to her. One way or another he would find a way to get into her room and talk to her about what had happened between that morning. It was something that he knew she felt, because he had felt it too. They shared something that they had never shared with anyone else and he knew this as well. He remembered that she had said that she had been thinking about it all day and if she had felt that connection before then this would not be true. But when she had said this to him he had looked into her eyes and he felt something. He felt their souls connect in a way that he never known and he wished for it to happen again.

“I must find a way to talk to her. First I will try to be courteous and knock but if she does not answer I will have top find another way!” Draco thought to himself, feeling the passion that burned inside.

Inside her room, Hermione had kept sobbing but her tears had slowed down and she grew quieter. She slowly turned around on her bed so that she was facing the ceiling and just let the tears flow.

“I need to talk to him about this because I know he felt something and he knows that I felt something this morning. I saw his eyes when I said I had felt something and there was something different about his eyes. They were no longer a steely blue, but a warmer blue, a kinder blue. This was something that I know has never happened before. But there is no way to talk to him like an adult because whenever I do try to talk to him he is always childish and calls me names. But these are not child’s names he calls me things that hurt on the inside and make my heart freeze up as soon as I hear them. I must talk to him though. Maybe I will put a silencing charm on him…..” she thought, before she was interrupted by a harsh knock at the door.

“Listen Hermione, we need to talk. I don’t care if you don’t let me in. I will find a way in.” Draco said, his body pressed against the door.

“Is that so? Well I’m not going to let you in now. I will let you find your own way in.” Hermione said, her voice icy and cold, forgetting about the link between their rooms through the bathroom.

“Of course I will find a way in and I will talk to you. See you in a little while Hermione.” Draco said, his voice weakened by the icy tone of her voice.

Time seemed to go by so slowly as she waited for him to find a way into her room. She kept sitting up and looking for him, waiting for him to suddenly appear out of nowhere.

“I wonder what’s keeping him?’ she thought curiously.

When it felt as hours have gone by he finally walked through the doors in the bathroom.

“What took you so long?” Hermione asked her voice still icy.

“I stopped in the kitchen for a fire whisky to get calm my nerves. You’re a very aggravating person you know?” Draco said, not wanting to admit the truth. Truthfully he had been waiting in his room trying to calm himself down so that he would not seem so weakened in front of her.

“Well don’t waste all your lovely compliments on me.” Hermione stated, her icy voice becoming even more hate filled.

“Look, I came here to talk about this morning. I want to know how you felt.” Draco said, some of the pain form inside leaking out making his voice shaky.

“Oh, that. I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. I’m sorry if you felt something more, because I most certainly did not.” Her voice filled with anger, yet softened by sadness.

“You can’t say you felt nothing because I know you felt something. I felt it too.” Draco said his voice sad.

“I already told you. I felt nothing and I still don’t feel anything. Now leave, you came here to talk to me and now we have talked. Goodbye Malfoy.” Hermione said, trying to keep her voice from quivering.

With her last comment he took her face with his hands and kissed her passionately, but tenderly. Then, after a few moment had passed, he moved his face away from hers, looked into her eyes and left. She sat there dazed for a moment, and then was suddenly brought back to reality. Malfoy had just kissed her and now there was no denying the feeling she had felt. This was real and they had both felt it. But what about the hatred he had so carelessly tossed at her over the past six years. This wasn’t something she could ignore. She told herself what she will do. She will get him to love her with such a passion that if she did not love him back, he would be crushed. She will get him to love her in such a way that if she ever left him there would be nothing left of him but a cold empty shell. But how would she do this without feeling the passion herself?

A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!
Hating Love by Cabalistic Love
Hating Love

After falling asleep while thinking about the kiss, Hermione awoke with a start. Her alarm clock had gone of because she forgot to set the timer of since today was a Saturday and she had no classes.

“Damnit! I was having a good dream!” Hermione said, cursing the fact she had an alarm clock.

In her dream, Hermione had been walking through Hogsmeade alone, when all of a sudden someone with a mask took her hand and lead her to the woods. When the got there he pushed her, as well as himself into a snowy bank and then he kissed, the same way that Draco had the night before. Just as she was going to lift up the mask, her alarm clock went off.

“Why the hell did I bring that stupid thing?” she though, furious with herself. “Because you wanted to get up on time for classes.” Her conscience quietly said.

“Oh well, I mind as well go take a shower and then head down to breakfast. I have some things to think about anyway.” She thought before combing her hair and grabbing a towel.

When she got into the shower she thought to herself, “Wait a minute, I don’t want to love Draco, therefore it doesn’t matter if I have dreams about him or not!” she said to herself, worrying about how far she was going to get herself in love to crush him.

“Who the hell would be taking a shower at this time on a Saturday?” Draco thought after be awoken from a dreamless sleep. “Damn Hermione, always has to do everything on schedule. Well, I can’t say anything bad about her right now because what happened last nigh was amazing. I had no idea that she could kiss like that! Soft lips like a baby’s bottom, not that I have ever kissed a baby’s bottom but that’s beside the point.” Draco muttered to himself.

Getting up form his bed, again only dressed in boxers, he casually walked from his room into the bathroom. But as soon as he walked in, a loud piercing scream echoed off the walls.

“Calm down, Hermione! It’s only me, Draco, remember?” Draco said, still holding his hands over his ears.

“Calm down? How can I calm down when a BOY walked into the bathroom while I am naked and taking a shower?! There is no way I can calm down right now until you remove yourself from here this instant!” Hermione screamed, while hastily covering herself with whatever was available.

“I thought it would be ok after what happened last night and besides, I was in her yesterday morning while you were in here too.” Draco said, as if this was just a simple misunderstanding.

“You walking in on me is not allowed, even if we did kiss last night! And yesterday you were only in her when I had my towel on so at least I was covered up!” Hermione said, still shouting.

“What makes you think I was only in here when you had a towel on?” He said, quietly, and under his breath.

“What was that I didn’t hear you.” She said, winding down slowly.

“Nothing, I didn’t say anything.” Draco said, slightly chuckling to himself.

“I heard you laugh. There is no way in hell that you didn’t say something. You better tell me now or I will tell everyone that you kissed me! Not only will your friends be disgusted, but Harry and Ron will most likely try to kill you and together, they could!” Hermione shouted, angry at him.

“Fine, I will tell you what I said but you have to promise me you won’t do anything first.” Draco said, slightly scared.

“What would I do I am in a bathroom almost fully naked!” Hermione shouted, the anger boiling faster now.

“I said, what makes you think I was only in here when you had a towel on.” Draco said, and upon saying his last word her ran out of the room and put a charm on the door so that no one but himself could open it.

“I’ll get him for this! I know I will! It will be added to the list of things that I will talk to him about when I crush him like the worm he is!” Hermione said trying to keep her voice down so that no one but herself could hear.

Then when she was done in the bathroom, she walked back to her won room, still fuming from her last encounter with Draco.

“How can I let him get to me?” she thought for the millionth time. “He’s something else. Something about him makes me come back. Maybe it was that kiss last night. I felt something, because no one has ever kissed me like that before. It was passionate and mysterious at the same time. Maybe this is why I dreamt about him. His lips left me wanting more. I wonder if her fells the same way?”

“How can I stand her?” Draco thought to himself. “She is like time bomb with a short fuse, waiting to set off at any moment, but maybe that is why her lips were full of passion last night. There is no way I can do that again now, after I shot my chances since I told her I saw her. But hey, I liked what I saw.” Draco thought, reminiscing about what he saw the other day.
“Shit, now I have to take a shower! Oh well, at least the bathroom smells like her, so I will feel like she’s with me, though she never really will.” He thought, while walking to the bathroom to take a shower.

Meanwhile, Hermione was in her room, still hating love. She had been brushing her hair so furiously that she had accidentally pulled out a small clump.

“Thank god for magic!” she thought to herself after repairing her hair. “I have got to stop thinking about what he said. I should just let it go because soon it will be my time to cause him and anger. Soon enough, he will be mine but I will not be his. It will be his turn to feel the pain of someone hurting him from deep inside and not being able to stop the hurt. It will be his turn.” She said, her eyes flashing with anger, and evil grin appearing on her face.

When she finished with that last thought she made her way over to her dresser and got dressed. She applied a bit of eyeliner and mascara and of course, lipgloss. When she was done getting ready, she left for breakfast, thinking about her plans the whole way there.

A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!
A Kiss Can Hold Mystery by Cabalistic Love
A Kiss Can Hold Mystery

When she finally arrived at breakfast, she was greeted with normal hellos as well as complaints about classes.

“Good Morning Hermione! Ummmm….. Do you think you could talk to Dumbledore about not allowing Snape to give us homework? It would be really great because that grease ball gave us a foot of parchment’s worth of work on some stupid potion.” Harry said, with puppy dog eyes so that she would ask.

‘Yea, fat gould de hood.” Ron said, with his mouth full as always.

“No, I won’t do that Harry as much as I hate Snape as well as potions, I can’t do that. Homework is part of the learning process. What on earth are you trying to say Ron? I know you always talk with your mouth full but this is getting a little extreme on trying to understand you.” Hermione said, matter a factly.

“He said yea that would be good.” Harry replied before Ron could swallow his food.

“Oh, well I hope you guys had a wonderful first day of school. I know that I did!” Hermione said while thinking of the kiss.

Her comment was followed by a chortles of no’s and do we ever’s. The entire Gryffindor table responded with such disgust about school that it seemed to offend them.

“Oh well.” Hermione thought, “At least they aren’t asking why my day was so good. I’m glad that I don’t have to lie to them.”

Hermione continued through breakfast while talking to Ginny about a boy who had transferred here. Throughout the entire conversation she didn’t really pay attention because she kept glancing at the Slytherin table, but every time she turned to look at him it seemed as if he was avoiding her gaze. She couldn’t understand why, seeing as she didn’t think it was wrong of her to yell at him this morning as she did. She thought that he would constantly be looking at her, after he was the one who kissed her last night. She most defiantly would not have kissed him, even if the opportunity came about. Even though of the summer he had become a handsome young man, she still did not see him as someone that she could love. Over the years since he had been such a hateful person to her, she had shut the door on him.

“Not like there was a door to begin with.” She thought darkly.

He was the one who had started all the battles. He was the one who had to impress everybody by taunting those who were different. This is why she must crush him. This is why he must be shot down, taken off his pedestal for good. He deserved it and she knew that. After being hateful to everyone that was different from him, he will pay for causing them such pain. Though she didn’t know how it would hurt him because it seemed as if he didn’t have a heart. He toyed with girl’s day in and day out, saying romantic words to them, charming them like a snake just so he can tell everyone that he could get any girl.

“But not this time. This time he will be the one tricked and I will be the one who tricks him. It will be more satisfying for me because he will know me as the one he never had. And never will have.” Hermione thought, while staring at him. At the moment she thought these evil words he looked up, as if he could read her thoughts and say the anger and pain in her eyes. He saw that something was up and that he needed to talk to her.

Later that day, after playing a bit of Quidditch with Harry, Ron, and Ginny, Hermione retreated to the library to get a head start on any homework that she thought she might be given on Monday. Not that she would actually know, but this would be could practice as it is another from of studying.

After a few boring hours in the library, Hermione decided to get some rest and to spend some time in her room thinking about the days events as well yesterdays events. She could not help but think about the kiss because it played such a great role in what was happening in her life. She had never been this hateful towards anyone, thinking the ay she did about Malfoy and it was all sparked by a kiss. Something so simple, yet it held every emotion. She turned on here charmed stereo and put in Dashboard Confessional. This is what she usually listened to when she was feeling sad or lonely and right now she was just sad. Thinking to herself about why she hated Malfoy some much and coming up with nothing except that he hated her. Then she thought about the kiss again. A kiss can hold so much or even just a little. It can hold hunger, anger or sadness. It can hold passion, lust or love. But most of all a kiss can hold mystery.

After Draco had spent the day taunting the first years with Crabbe and Goyle he decided to head up to his room to relax. All day he had been busy confusing little kids and now he just needed some peace and quiet, but as soon as he got up to his room, he noticed it wasn’t quiet. From the other side of the wall he could hear music from Hermione’s room. It was a band he could recognize but not name. He had heard it before, the lead singer droning on about love or hate or something else that Draco cared little about. Instead of quiet, he opted for music and put his own cd into his charmed stereo. It was Story of the Year. While listening to the song “Until the Day I Die” he thought about Hermione. He thought about her when the lyrics said “We’ll never fall apart, so could you tell me why this hurts so much. My hands are at your throat and I think I hate you.” He felt as if he hated her but then he thought, “Why did I kiss her?” and everything fell apart.



All night Hermione thought about the strange and powerful kiss, until she fell into a dark, dreamless sleep.

Draco thought about the kiss while listening to the stereo. He saw it from all angles and he could not understand why it held so much. This was a girl, just a simple girl, nothing he hadn’t experienced, but somehow this was different.


A/N- Please take a little time to leave a review! I really do appreaciate it!
A Suprising Dream by Cabalistic Love
A Surprising Dream


Hermione woke up out of breath the next morning most of the night she had been in a peaceful, dreamless sleep but after a few hours (that at least how long she assumed it had been), she slipped into a dream that seemed so real, yet so fake at the same time. In her dream, she woke up and she didn’t know what she had been dreaming about and she walked into the bathroom. When she stepped into the bathroom she noticed that she wasn’t alone. Someone was about to step out of the shower. In her dream as soon as she realized it was Draco in the shower, she walked up to the door of the shower and waited for him to open it. As soon as he did she moved him up against a wall and she kissed him hungrily and then she just turned and left. That was it. That was all that she did. She just stopped kissing him and left. It seemed so unlike her to even go in there and kiss, but even worse when she just up and left. But something about the dream made it seem right. It made it seem as if her kiss was a faithful return for his kiss. Both powerfully enticing, but short and sweet. When she thought of this she decided that she wanted to do what the dream Hermione had done, kiss him and make him very confused.

After thinking of it she walked into the bathroom and sure enough, Draco was in the shower and he reached out and grabbed a towel and was now wrapping it around his waist inside the shower. It was her turn to make the move. She quickly hurried towards the door and just as she got the he opened it. She saw the look of surprise on his face and saw that he was about to say something. She put one finger across his lips to shush him and then said, “I’m just returning something you lost.” And with that she kissed him.

The kiss seemed to last a lifetime and she kissed him softly and sweetly. It was like s soft chocolate, it melted slowly and tasted sweet. She finally removed her lips from his and opened her eyes slowly. He had his eyes open and they were full of amazement and confusion. As soon as she saw his eyes she knew this was the time to leave. She knew that if she left him now, it would make him want more, in a way that he would have never felt before. This is exactly what she wanted. She smiled at him and then she left. She made it seem as if nothing had just happened. She made it seem to him that she didn’t care it was just for fun and that it didn’t mean anything. He didn’t know how wrong he was.

As soon as she was back in her room, Hermione threw herself onto her bed and hugged a pillow. In her dream it seemed as if she felt nothing, but then again she didn’t see what happened when she went back into her room after the kiss. Her breath had been taken away for the first time in her life. She knew this was something special, but she also knew that if she wanted her plan to work that she needed to seem like it wasn’t anything special. This was going to be hard because this kiss left her with more questions than the first. The first kiss was simpler because it wasn’t her who had done it, but this time she did it and it was because of the dream. Though she didn’t believe much in prophetic dreams, this dream was so realistic and now that she had actually done what happened in the dream, she didn’t know what to think. Maybe this was just an odd fantasy, a kind of befriending the enemy type thing that she had somewhere in her subconscious, but she couldn’t remember ever thinking about it at any point in her life until she had that dream.

“She made it seem so worthless.” He thought “The way she just left afterwards. It seemed so special to him, the way they met each others lips with a soft, burning passion and ended so lightly, like an angel kiss. But why did she do it? Why did she kiss me so tenderly, when the other day she was about to rip me apart with hatred? So many questions that I don’t think I will ever know the answer to. Merlin, woman are way to confusing. Someone should write some sort of handbook about them. I swear, I would buy that it as soon as it was published. It would be called A Guide to Woman: Understanding Why They Are So Confusing. Hey, you know, I should write that and just make stuff up. Then I would be a best selling author and know one would be able to tell that I made it up because they don’t understand woman either! Wait, I’m getting side tracked here, that kiss was amazing. A fire burned in her eyes when she looked into mine. Why do woman have to be so damn confusing???” He thought, churning the same things over and over in his head.

After she had left him in the bathroom and he had finished thinking about why woman are confusing, Draco walked back into his room. When he got there he was in desperate need of at least some sort of understanding of something, so he walked down to breakfast to eat.

“At least I understand the concept of eating.” He muttered to himself before meeting up with his two cronies Crabbe and Goyle.

“Morning Draco, shall we taunt the first years again today?” Goyle said, only lifting his head from the food once, never to lift it up again until he was finished eating at least four helpings of everything.

“Oooooh, good morning Draco!” Pansy purred, hoping to attract his attention.

“Yeah, whatever, fine morning.” Draco said before sitting himself down next to Crabbe.

“How are you Drakie? I haven’t talked to you in what seems like the longest time!” Pansy said, but it sounded as if she was cooing.

“I’m fine, I just wanted a spot of breakfast and then I am returning to my common room to begin planning fro the….uhhh…. Halloween Ball this year.” Draco said stumbling with his words, trying to think of a lie so that he could return to the common room away from questions so that he could just think.

“A Halloween Ball sounds like fun! I wonder what I’m going to be!” Pansy said curiously.

“Yeah, Yeah. Whatever.” Draco said before scooping some eggs onto his plate as well as some bacon and toast.

When he finished eating his breakfast and Pansy stopped asking him what he thought she should be for the Halloween Ball, Draco finally got up to go back to his common room. On his way there, he was thinking about what he said at breakfast. A Halloween Ball. He was going to have to plan a Halloween Ball. If only he had said something else. Now not only did he have to think about Hermione’s kiss, he had to think about planning a ball. And not only did he have to plan the ball, he had to help plan it with the one person who had confused him the most, Hermione Granger.


A/N- Please take a little time to leave me a review! I really do appreaciate it!
The Halloween Ball by Cabalistic Love
The Halloween Ball


It has been a few months and over this time Hermione and Draco continued to ignore each other; well they tried to but didn’t really succeed. At first, they did not speak to each other except when they had to and that was about the Halloween Ball. After he had told Pansy about Draco had to go through with it. He had Dumbledore okay it and that was it. They had to plan it so Draco and Hermione were forced to speak to each other. They tried not to show emotion to one another because they didn’t understand what they felt. It was mixed emotions running through each other their heads. Everything as so hard to do because their communication block, but some how they did it. Everything was perfect. The great hall was to be decorated with usual Halloween decorations, meaning the muggle type such as fake spiders and limbs, cobwebs and hands that grab you, but better. The muggle band The Early November was set to play because they were fun and because both Hermione and Draco liked their music. When they were nearing the end of the time to find a date and neither of them had one, they couldn’t hold it in anymore. They had to talk to each other. To at least try to find out what had happened. But they couldn’t understand. Not quite yet because Hermione didn’t want to reveal her plans and neither of them could think of something to say. But because of the silence they grew to now each other, see each others little flaws. Hermione noticed that Draco liked to hum when working and Draco noticed that Hermione was a complete slob when it comes to her own drawers in her dresser. From watching each other, stealing a simple glance or smile, they became sort of friend. Unintentionally of course. When the day of the dance was coming nearer, Draco decided to ask Hermione to the dance. It came out all of a sudden, like it was forced out of him. She had never seen him like he was when he asked. He seemed very nervous, and he was in a cold sweat. When he asked she was slightly surprised and then, while smirking, she asked “What will your friends think of it? Wait, what do I care? Of course!” and with that she leaped into his arms fro a hug. Tonight is the night of the dance and the theme is couples. Hermione and Draco are going as fire and ice, Hermione being the fire and Draco being the ice.

Draco was pacing while he was waiting for Hermione to come down for the dance. He was nervous and excited at the same time. His heart kept beating faster and faster as the he waited for what seemed like an eternity before he called to her.

“Hermione? When are you coming down? We are going to be late for our own dance that we set up. Remember we have to get there early to help the band set up!” he shouted towards her door.

A muffled “I will be down in a minute.” is all the got for a reply.

“Bloody hell. What is it with woman and taking so damn long getting ready. This better b e good.” He thought, while going into the kitchen for a drink to calm is nerves.

Just as he had turned to get his drink he heard the door open. At the noise he turned around and saw one of the most beautiful things in his entire life. Hermione was dressed in her fire costume and it was more than anyone could have expected. She was wearing a short dress made of red silk. It had a corset top and was strapless. The skirt was varying lengths and layers of orange, yellow and red silk. She had on red fishnets and red stilettos heels. That was just her outfit. Her eyes were charmed to be a glowing red, though normally this would be scary looking, but she made it seem enchanting. Her eye make up was a smokey eye and her lips were a cherry red. She had charmed her hair to go straight up and look like fire, though it was not harmful to touch. She last thing he noticed about her was that she wore a single earring made up of a single dangling ruby and that she had a small clutch purse that looked like it was made up entirely of rubies. It glittered just like her eyes and was gorgeous, though it was not nearly as beautiful as Hermione herself.

“Well, pick up your jaw and don’t look at me as if you never knew I was a woman. Honestly, you men are so strange. Anyway, sorry it took so long. It was hard to charm my hair this way. The first time I got it to look like fire, it felt like fire as well so I had to try again. You look amazing, by the way.” She said, while stumbling down the stairs slowly, not being used to the heels.

“I….uhh…you look….uhhh….pretty….Hermione….” Draco said flabbergasted. “Damn, she cleans up well!” he thought to himself as he slapped himself for not saying anything better than, “You look pretty”.

“Ummm, sorry Hermione, its just I have never seen anything so beautiful before and you just took my speaking abilities away. Actually, you took my brain away because I can’t seem to function properly at the moment.” He said while trying to walk towards her, though he kept fumbling with his own feet.

“That’s all right. I was thinking to myself that you look very good yourself.” Hermione said while secretly thinking he looked better than good.

Draco had dusted his skin with a light blue color, to make it seem as it he was frozen and he made his hair crystallize. He was wearing a tuxedo, but it was made of a pale blue silk and it looked like ice. It didn’t look cheesy, like something from a prom reject pile, but it looked genuinely like ice. He wore normal dress shoes, though those too were made of a light blue color. The only thing on him that didn’t look like ice was brilliant red rose that Hermione had pinned to his jacket. She had given him a red rose as a touch of fire and he had given her a rose made out of ice to give her ice. Together they looked amazing, like a portrayal of fire and ice in a human form.

When they both finally regained control of themselves and they began to move again, they both tried to talk at once, but ended up laughing together instead. When they calmed themselves down for the second time they decided to get to the Ball. After all they had set it all up and they didn’t want to miss it. Hermione made it to the portrait hole first but before she could step out, Draco grabbed her arm and pulled her up to him.

“I thought I could cool you off a bit, you know, just so you don’t set anything on fire.” He said, looking into her eyes.

Just as he said those last words, he puller her up even closer to himself and kissed her. It was soft and strong at the same time and both of them seemed to savor every moment of it. This kiss was just what they needed to turn friendship into romance and it woke them both up.

When they finally released each other, they again looked into each others eyes and walked out the portrait hole together, holding each others hand.
Waiting For The Moment To Strike by Cabalistic Love
Waiting For The Moment To Strike

As Hermione and Draco began their walk towards the Great Hall, where the dance was going to be located, they were stopped by Peeves.

“Awww, looky ‘ere what a cute couple. Never expected this. Hmmm….. I wonder if the rest of the school knows. I shall tell them even if they know already. Ta ta love birds…” he shouted, like he always does, before turning around quickly and heading in the opposite direction.

“No, Peeves, stop! You can’t tell them!!” Hermione shouted at the top of her lungs, nearly knocking herself over in her high heels.

“It’s all right Hermione.” Draco said in calm, soothing voice. “I was going to make an announcement about it at the dance anyway.”

“What? And you didn’t tell me? Look, Draco, if there is going to be something between us, you better tell me things. Otherwise I won’t trust.” Hermione said with a warning tone in her voice.

“Don’t worry sweetheart, its ok. I took care of everything. I only wanted to surprise you. Even though I was going to announce us, there was something much more important that I wanted you to hear. I still want you to hear it, so I am still going to make an announcement.” He said, his eyes glimmering at the thought of his own secret plans.

“Oh, all right then. I hope you won’t embarrass me.” She said, making her voice sound like she was joking.

“I wonder what he is going to say to me.” Hermione thought. “It’s a bit to fast to be love isn’t it? I mean my feelings for him are surprisingly strong, but I don’t know. All of this happened so quickly.” Her thoughts made her frown a bit causing Draco to ask her what was wrong.

“Oh nothing, just wondering what your surprise for me is.” Hermione said, smiling.

“Oh, wouldn’t you like to know.” He said as a devilish grin appeared on his face.

“Of course I want to know! I’m only human. Oh my god, we better get going to the dance! We are Head Boy and Girl and we are late!” Hermione said quickly as she hurried towards the Great Hall, pulling Draco along behind her.

“Hermione, stop there is something I want to tell you, before we get to the dance.” Draco said, pulling her back, closer to him.

“Well, hurry up we really need to get going!” Hermione said, obviously flustered.

“Come here, I’m going to whisper it in your ear.” He said, pulling her right up next to him.

When his face was only inches away from hers, she turned her head so he could whisper in her ear. Though almost immediately after she turned her head, he grabbed her head and puller her lips up to hers. He pulled her into a passionate kiss that seemed to last forever. To both of them, the world just twirled around them, just like in the movies. He released her from the kiss and she still had her eyes shut.

Then, after she opened her eyes, she gazed into his eyes and thought “Maybe love does happen quickly, maybe there is such thing as soul mates. Who knows, but all I can think about right know is how much I just want hi to hold me in his arms.” Then she slowly looked away for a moment.

“She has no idea what’s in store for her when I announce us at the dance. I am going to blow her away. Smash her to pieces that can never be put back together. That kiss was just the poison laced cherry at the top of my evil sundae.” He thought as a malicious grin worked its way on to his face.

“I wonder what he is thinking about right now.” She thought as soon as she turned her gaze back onto him. “He looks like he got away with murder or something….”

Her thoughts were violently interrupted as he puller her away towards the dance and said, “Hermione, we’d better get going!”

“Oh my goodness, we’d better.” She nearly shouted as she walked a bit faster. “Everyone must be waiting for us. I hope everything was set up properly. Oh, I wonder if they made the house elves do everything, the poor creatures, mistreated all of the time. I must speak with them after the dance…..” Hermione rambled on as they made their way closer and closer to the Great Hall.

“You’re right; everyone must be waiting for us…..” Draco said, though it seemed like he was very distant.

When the finally reached the Great Hall, They took each other’s hand and looked at each other again. Draco was the first to break the silence.

“Well, here we are. Are you ready?” Draco asked.

“Of course I am, why wouldn’t I be?” Hermione answered.

“I don’t know, I just thought it was a good thing to say at the time. Anyways, I just want you to remember that I have a special surprise for you, right at the closing speech. Remember to be close to the stage.” Draco said, his steely gray eyes peering into her chocolate brown ones.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” She said, a smile slowly bringing itself upon her face.
With those final words, they stepped into the Great Hall.

A/N- Please take a little time to review my story! I really do appreciate it and i always respond to my reviews!
Fatally Yours by Cabalistic Love
A/N: The title was inspired by this song.



There’s no mystery no more
There’s no talking to you
You had other things in store
I guess i felt i was through
T answered every question
As accurately as i could
I don’t hear from you no more
But i get the message
Crashed your car through my front door
I pulled you from the wreckage
You told me that you miss me
But you meant with the grill and hood
You’d kill me if you could
If it’s okay
I’ll just grab my shit and leave
I won’t say one word
I’ll keep my tricks up my sleeve
You flew off the handle
You opened fire on me
Put me down, put me out of misery
I’m fatally yours
You set fire to me that night
Lit and left me burning
Out of my mind, but in my sight
I saw the tables turning
I had a friend that needed me
Had a wish that won't come true
Now it's killing two
If it’s okay
I’ll just grab my shit and leave
I won’t say one word
I’ll keep my tricks up my sleeve
You flew off the handle
Opened fire on me
Put me down, put me out of misery
I’m fatally yours



Fatally Yours


As soon s they walked into the Great Hall, everything went silent. Everyone was just staring at them in disbelief. They thought that what Peeves had said was just a Halloween joke and didn’t think much of it. Until now.

“Oh Draco, they seem as if we are hallucinations or something, like we aren’t even here,” Hermione said in a hushed voice to Draco.

“Don’t worry, love. They will get used to it and even if they don’t that shouldn’t stop us,” Draco whispered into her ear.

“Oh all right, I hope they understand though,” Hermione whispered back, a worrying look upon her face.

They began to walk forward and the band started up again. Everyone still stared but they tried to make it seem as if nothing happened. They were polite, in a way, because they complimented them on putting together such a great dance and telling them how wonderful their costumes were. When the finally reached the stage, Draco pulled himself up and then reached down to grab Hermione’s arm. When she was half way up, she slipped and almost fell down, flat on her butt, but before she could, Draco said, “Don’t worry, I won’t let you fall.” And pulled her back up towards the stage.

“I knew you wouldn’t let me fall,” Hermione said looking thankful.

“You don’t even know,” Draco said, in a barely audible voice.

“What was that?” Hermione asked curiously.

“Nothing, I am going to make that announcement now, so you better listen,” he said, with a smirk forming upon his face.

“Don’t worry, I will,” she said, while pushing a piece of his hair behind his ear.

Her touch feels so good against my skin. He thought. Maybe I shouldn’t do this. No, I must, after all she is only a worthless Mudblood.

Then, after she pushed his hair behind his ear, Draco turned and took the microphone from the lead singer of the band.

“Everyone, I have and announcement to make, but I would first like to say that I hope you are enjoying this wonderful dance. I would like to thank all of the people helping out and I hope they get some time to relax and enjoy it as well. Now, I would like to say a few things to Hermione Granger here. I would like to say she looks amazing tonight even though she is a Mudblood. I would also like to say that oops, I have been leading you on. Sorry if I forgot to tell you that one, you disgust me and kissing you was like eating dirt. I could never love a person like you, you filthy Mudblood. Don’t seem so sad, you didn’t seriously think I liked you did you? Aww, you did. How cute. Anyway, now that this is over, I would like Pansy to dance with me." As Draco finished his bitter speech, he jumped off stage to find Pansy.

Hermione was left on the stage, in a state of shock. Tears began to stream down her face and her eyes, which she had charmed red, went back to their normal brown color. Her makeup began to spread down her face and she pulled her hands over her eyes. After one final look into the crowd after Draco, she ran from the stage and out of the Great Hall. Harry, Ron, and Ginny followed after her but it was no good. She would not let anyone in.

When Harry, Ron, and Ginny made their way back to the dance, solemnly, they looked onstage to see Dumbledore addressing the crowd.

“I am sorry to end this dance early, but it seems as if we have had a major problem. I will make it up to you all, as I know you have been waiting for this for a long time. Good night and make sure you get some rest,” he said, with sympathy in his voice.

As he walked away form the stage and into the large crowd of disappointed students, Harry, Ron and Ginny caught up with him.

“Dumbledore, what are we going to do about Hermione. That wanker Malfoy, completely shattered her,” Harry said his voice filled with anger and sadness.

“I’ll beat him to a bloody pulp, I will,” Ron commented, before looking up to see his headmaster a scolding look.

“There will be no need for that Mr. Weasly. Learn to control your temper. As for Hermione, it has been taken care of. This is something that needed immediate assistant so plans have already been made,” he said.

“What plans?” Ginny asked, curiously.

“Oh, I suppose I should tell you now, for you are her closest friends. The rest of the teachers and I have decided to send Hermione to another school to get over this. It will be sad to lose our best student, but she will not want to face him daily,” Dumbledore told them, sadness in his voice.

“What!? You can’t be saying that! She can’t leave! What will we do without her?” They all said in unison.

“Calm down, calm down. I am just as angry as you are, but I feel this is the best way for her to get over this. She won’t be very far away so I will allow you three to visit her. I want you all to go to sleep; you have to get up early tomorrow to say your good byes,” Dumbledore said.

“I can’t believe she is really going to go,” Harry said, trying not to believe it.

“I know, I think of her as a sister,” Ginny said, looking down at the floor.

After a few moments of sitting together in silence, they finally decided to go up to bed. Saying their good nights, they departed.

Morning did not come soon enough. When Hermione finally left, it was after tears had been shed and distraught good byes had been said. Then they faced their final years without her.



After being loveless and hating to go near anyone of the opposite sex other than Ron and Harry, Hermione finally decided to open her heart to someone new. She was very hard on love, for it had burned her once and she didn’t want it to happen again. This time she chose someone perfect for her and she ended up very happy. The same did not happen to Draco, though.

After Hermione left, Draco was just his normal self, still getting any girl he wanted, but somehow he felt like he was missing something. After he graduated from Hogwarts, the emptiness began to take over and he didn’t feel like anything but a cold empty shell. He knew what was missing, his one and only love, Hermione.

Each day he questioned why, and slapped himself until he couldn’t take it anymore. He had found out that Hermione was with someone new and he couldn’t handle it. He snapped, wondering why she could give him up easily but he could not give her up. He pondered this until one day he was found, dead and cold, laying on the floor after committing suicide by poison.

He had written a note and that note was sent to Hermione because that was to whom it was addressed to. She received it one sunny day, when she had come home from work. As soon as she opened it, she sat down, bawling. She then read the note aloud, trying to comprehend it better.

My dearest Hermione,
I am writing this to you in hopes you receive it before it is too late. I have always loved you, though I am stupid and foolish, so I shattered you. Those times we were together are the only moments of happiness I can ever remember. I know you have moved on from me, but I will never move on from you. Everything is so cold, and each day I feel as if another part of me dies. I can no long bear life, for it has come to be so terrible. I live for nothing but you and you are something I broke a long time ago. I can’t live without you anymore, so I have decided that there is no need for me to live anymore. Please be happy, for the thoughts I have of your smile, your touch and your kiss have kept me alive for so long.
Fatally yours,
Draco


After reading his sad letter, Hermione found out that he had in fact killed himself. She mourned him for days, not being able to handle the thought of his death, until one day when she wasn’t sad anymore.

She decided that he had lost her long ago and that he wasn’t something worth crying over. He had lost her, she hadn’t lost him.


A/N-Well, there you have it, the ending. I have enjoyed reading all of your reviews and I would still like to read more because they could possibly encourage me to contine writing fanfiction! I hope you all enjoyed it. Here is a big thanks to my faithful reviewrs: thestral horse, Beci, wizard girl, akasha, dracolover, lucillaq, vghpbanned, meandmysharpie, and xGemmax!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3666