Love triangle by hp4ever042000
Summary: Ron is having dreams about Hermione who is having dreams about Harry who is dating Ginny causing an age-old love triangle. Not extreme fluff but somewhat fluffy. One-shot, please read and review.
Categories: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1434 Read: 2152 Published: 11/21/05 Updated: 11/21/05

1. Love triangle by hp4ever042000

Love triangle by hp4ever042000
Disclaimer: I own none of these characters or places; they all belong to J.K. Rowling.
___________________________________________________

The sun was dawning over the lake and shining in through the window of the seventh year girl’s dormitory. The rays landed upon a young woman with bushy brown hair. She suddenly woke with a start and threw open the curtains surrounding her four poster bead, stomped over to the door to the dormitory and marched up a flight of stairs to a door labeled six years girl dormitory. She quickly rasped on the door and without waiting for a reply threw it opened and bustled over to a bed not unlike her own. She parted the curtains of the bed and sat on it.

“Ginny, it happened again,”

Ginny woke with a fright and kicked the covers off her in anger. “What, oh Hermione, you are one of my best friends, you can’t be dreaming about my boyfriend like that,” she said surveying Hermione, looking slightly ill at the thought of her best friend’s dream.

“I can’t control my dreams, Ginny,” Hermione replied shortly.

“These aren’t dreams Hermione, they are fantasies,” Ginny scoffed.

Hermione looked thoroughly disgusted, “Harry is one of my best friends, and I’m not fantasying about him.”

“Ok whatever but don’t let Ron get wind of these fantasies, I mean dreams,” Ginny corrected herself seeing the look on Hermione’s face. “Because it is guaranteed he will tell Harry and have a field day with it, and not to mention what Harry will do,” Ginny added as an after thought.

“Trust me, that is the last thing I would tell Ron.”

Little did Hermione and Ginny know that Ron had also woken with a start and was currently taking to Harry.

“Just don’t tell her though,” he pleaded.

“I won’t,” Harry grinned

“What are you smiling about?”

“Nothing, you know you should tell her, it’s obvious to the whole world you fancy her,” Harry replied knowingly.

“I do not!”

“You do to!” they continued arguing all the way down to the common room where Hermione and Ginny stood waiting for them.

“What are you two bickering about,” Hermione asked.

Ron gave Harry a warning look, “nothing.” Harry grinned as Ginny jumped on him and kissed him; they pulled apart to see Ron looking ill and Hermione blushing.

“What’s with you,” Harry frowned and Ginny began to giggle.

“Nothing,” she said giving Ginny a look that could rival Professor McGonagall.

“What are you laughing at Ginny,” Ron asked.

“Nothing,” Hermione and Ginny replied, Hermione a bit sternly.

“So how did you two sleep? Sweet dreams,” asked Harry.

“Very sweet,” said Ginny, taking control of her giggles long enough to answer but breaking out in a fresh batch after she realized he had asked Hermione the same question.

Hermione turned scarlet and said something incoherent and grabbed Ginny by the wrist and yanked her far from the guys.

“You know, you could be a bit more secretive about my dreams instead of collapsing into laughter every time Harry looks at me,” scolded Hermione looking over at Harry and Ron. She saw them both role there eyes and say “girls” as they walked out of the common room.

“Ok, ok I’ll try,” said Ginny pulling herself together and following Harry and Ron out of the common room and down to breakfast. Hermione sighed and followed her three best friends.”

“What was that about,” Harry whispered into Ginny’s ear five minutes later as Ginny took her seat next to Harry.

“I wish I could tell you but Hermione would kill me,” she replied.

“Ok, I guess I’ll have to get it out of you later,” said Harry with a mischievous grin. Ginny tried to look affronted but failed miserably by smiling. Harry put his arm around Ginny and pulled her closer as if to show the whole great hall that she was his. He rested his hand on her leg but she pulled away and whispered into his ear, amused:

“Remember Ron’s rule about having to see both your hand when we’re in his company.” Harry simply rolled his eyes. They finished their breakfast in silence, Harry stood up and grabbed Ginny’s hand and led her to an empty classroom where he was determined to figure out what she and Hermione were discussing. He sat down on a desk and led her into his lap.

“What were you and Hermione talking about,” he asked determined to get it out of her.

“I’ll make you a deal, you tell me what you and Ron were arguing about and I’ll tell you what Hermione and I were discussing.”

“Ok, deal,” Harry nodded. “Last night Ron had a dream about…Hermione, so I said he fancied her and he started arguing with me. Now what were you and Hermione talking about?”

“Kind of along the same lines,” said Ginny.

“Hermione had a dream about Ron.” Harry asked hopeful.

“Well…no not exactly…oh she is going to kill me for telling you,” Ginny stuttered.

“So Hermione had a dream about someone but it wasn’t Ron,” Ginny nodded. “Then who was it?”

“You!”

“Me,” Harry looked shocked. “What kind of dream was this, it wasn’t like a dirty dream, was it?”

Ginny nodded.

“That’s slightly creepy,” Harry shuddered.

“Don’t you dare tell her I told you unless you don’t want I girlfriend anymore,” Ginny said hitting him.

“I won’t,” Harry laughed trying to fend Ginny off. “But I have a plan, how about we try to get Ron and `Mione together.”

“Oh you’re a genius,” said Ginny, kissing Harry. “So what do I do, tell Hermione about Ron’s dream?”

Harry nodded, “Yeah, then I won’t necessarily be breaking my promise to Ron, I just said I wouldn’t tell Hermione. I suppose I’ll have to convince Ron to ask Hermione out, though. That’ll be a pain in the arse.” The same mischievous grin was plastered across Harry’s face as they got up to carry out their plan.

*~*~*~*~*

“Hey `Mione I need to talk to you,” Ginny called across the common room. Hermione came bustling over to Ginny and sat down in the over stuffed armchair next to her.

“Yeah?”

“Harry told me something today after breakfast that I think would interest you,” Ginny said.

“Really and what would that be?”

“My dearest brother is dreaming about this particular girl I know,” replied Ginny.

“Who?”

“You?”

“Ron is dreaming about me,” Said Hermione hardly believing her ears.

“Yup, and you know what else, I think he is going to ask you out,” Ginny said knowingly. “What would you say if he does?”

“I don’t know, what do you think I should say?”

“Yes of course, maybe then you’ll stop dreaming about my boyfriend,” said Ginny.

Hermione blushed and replied, “well if he does then I guess I’ll say yes, give it a shot.” Hermione and Ginny both sat looking pensive.

“What do you think girls are thinking about when they’re just sitting there, Ron,” asked Harry.

“To tell you the truth I don’t really wanna know, mate.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right, but they must be in really deep thought. I think Ginny looks beautiful when she is deep in thought,” Harry commented more to himself than to Ron.

“So does Hermione, I should ask her out,” said Ron under his breath.

Harry sat bolt upright, “Yeah, yeah you should, that would make my job ten times easier.”

“What job?’

“Er…Nothing just something Ginny and I were talking about,” Harry said, suddenly becoming interested in his hands resting in his lap.

“When should I do it,” asked Ron.

“Right now!”

“In front of Ginny,” said Ron looking unsure.

“Yeah, sure, she won’t care,” said Harry, his voice trailing off after he noticed Ron stand up and march over to the girls. He jumped up and followed him, arriving when Ron was in mid-sentence.

“I’m not going to take no for an answer, I’ve only argued with you for the past six, seven years, however many years its been because I like you. Hermione will you go out with me.”

“Yes, Ron,” said Hermione jumping up and hugging Ron, leaving Harry and Ginny standing arm in arm with satisfied smiles plastered across their faces.
___________________________________________________

Author’s note: I figured we all needed a nice, fluffy one-shot!!!!!!! Please review!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=37474