Mountain by Ginny_Weasley_316
Summary: Ginny goes to a wizard club with Hermione to hear a new band and gets a huge surprise. Read on to find out what. First fan fic please read and tell me what you think. 244 Reads and only 4 reviews I need feed back people. Tell me what you think. Thanks to all who have reviewed so far.
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1498 Read: 2192 Published: 12/21/05 Updated: 12/21/05

1. Mountian by Ginny_Weasley_316

Mountian by Ginny_Weasley_316
Disclaimer: It is JO's playground I am just playing on it.



A/N: Song Mountain by Good Charlotte, AU. Since I am still in denial about book six, I have decided to write this from a prospective that's Post-Hogwarts without following the cannon events in HBP. The song is in italics.


“Come on, Ginny, our table is just up here,” said Hermione as she dragged me to our table. The table that she stopped in front of was the one facing the centre of the stage.

“Hermione, how did you get us in here? Even Fred and George can’t get in here, it’s that popular,” I asked, completely confused, as she shoved a glass of Fire Whiskey into my hands and sat me down.

“Well, we’re here to hear this new band and I happen to be on very good terms with the backup singer/guitarist and the lead singer. They gave me two tickets. Now drink up. I have a feeling you’re going to need it before the night's over,” she said with a cheeky smirk.

I was about to retort, but she hushed me by saying, “Oh, good, they’re about to start.”

A small, plump wizard walked on stage in front of the curtains and said, “Welcome to Club Infinity. We have a new band playing here tonight. Please, put your hands together for Good Charlotte.”

As he walked off the stage, the curtains opened and my jaw dropped to the floor. On drums sat Neville Longbottom, on bass Seamus Finnigan, on guitar with a mike stand in front of him was Ron Weasley, my older brother and Hermione’s fiancé, and on another guitar was Dean Thomas, but I hardly noticed them; my attention was on the guy who had jet black messy hair, Harry Potter. He had a mike stand in front of him, his eyes were locked on to mine. I stared back for a minute, blushed the famous Weasley red, grabbed my Fire Whiskey and took a long sip from it.

The drums started up, then the guitars, and Harry stepped up to the microphone. He started to sing, never taking his eyes off me.

Whaooooo!
All these dreams and all these plans
I built them all with these two hands
Everything I’ve realized my dreams
City lights shine down
and they blind me sometimes
And through it all I was lost
but I found my way


I knew exactly what he was talking about. I had asked him six years ago on the night before he graduated from Hogwarts what his dream job would be. He said he didn’t know for sure, but he thought a lot about singing and wanting to start a band. He had learned to play the guitar he bought himself after his sixth year. He had stated it was to keep him entertained while Ron and Hermione were giving each other googly eyes in the common room. I thought it was because he wanted to play it and that he could afford it, it was his money after all. He had wanted to become an Auror, but after defeating Lord Voldemort at the end of his sixth year, he had had enough of chasing dark wizards to last him a lifetime. I knew he loved to sing and write songs. I had caught him up late one night when we both couldn't sleep. I never knew he and Ron would actually form a band. I had known that Ron liked to sing and had always wanted to play the guitar, but our parents never had the money to buy him one.


Tell me what you want
Cause I will give you everything
Tell me what you need
And I’ll go get it
I’d give up all these dreams
To have you in my arms right now
I’d give up everything and
I’d forget it
I wasn’t on a mountain
When it came to me


I remembered we were on a mountain overlooking Hogwarts when we were talking. We had been flying on our brooms and we landed there to look at the sunset. We had been talking until about a half an hour before we had to be in the common room. I had asked him what he wanted from life and he didn’t know, he wasn’t used to having freedom like he would the next day. He would have his own house, Number Twelve Grimmauld Place, and he had the rest of his parents and Sirius’s gold, so money wasn’t a problem. He just didn’t know what he wanted to do yet. I looked back at Harry on the stage and he was still looking at me.

All my life’s been wasted
Chasing shallow dreams
So here we are
Let me lift you up and show you this world over me
All these things that I’ve gained and what I’ve seen,
It can’t compare is not the same
To the love that you could give to me


I had been avoiding Harry for six months; things had gotten weird between us after that night. It was so easy for me to fall in love with him again, but I knew my feelings were not returned, or were they? I had seen him over at Ron’s place or Hermione’s, but all that was said was, “Hi,” and then later, “Goodbye.” We had been good friends, but it hurt too much to see him every day or week. I stopped answering his letters. I didn’t know exactly when things had gotten weird, but I knew why. There was suddenly a lot of tension between us and I didn't know how to deal with it.

Tell me what you want
Cause I will give you anything
Tell me what you need
And I’ll go get it
I’d give up all these dreams
To have you in my arms right now
I’d give up everything and I’d forget it
I wasn’t on a mountain
When it came to me


I wanted to love him, but he was one of my best friends or at least he was, before I started to ignore him. I also had a career starting up. I was the Assistant Department Head in the Auror office at the Ministry of Magic. I was under the best boss anyone could ask for, Nymphadora Tonks. It also helped that Tonks and I were great friends, even if she was quite a bit older then me. She had been a friend of the family for eight years, or it could have been longer than that. Harry was still staring at me and I was staring right back at him. What was I afraid of? Why wouldn’t I let myself fall in love with him? I could have my career and love Harry at the same time, right? What was I waiting for? Then it hit me; I already was in love with Harry Potter. I had been all along.

All my life’s been wasted
Chasing shallow dreams
Years go by
And nothing’s slowing down the time
Years go by
And they’re wasted
All this time I thought that I gained everything
If you are not mine
I’m so empty
I wasn’t on a mountain
When it came to me
All my life’s been wasted
Chasing shallow dreams


As Harry was finishing the song, he leaned down in front of me and said the last two lines right in my face. After the last cord had finished, he said, “Ginny, I have asked you this many times, but I’m going to ask you again. Will you be my girlfriend?”

The whole room waited with baited breath to hear my answer. I swear you could have heard a pin drop. Then I said,

“Harry, I would love to be your girlfriend. I love you.”

“I love you too, Ginny,” Harry grinned as he jumped off the stage. He walked up to me, pulled me from my seat and kissed me. I vaguely remember catcalls and whistling. I do remember hearing Ron and Hermione saying, “Finally.”

Harry and I have been married for a year now and I am expecting our first babies, a little boy to be named Trenton James Potter and a little girl to be named Lillian Jane Potter.


~*~*~ The End*~*~



A/N: I want to give a big thanks to my beta niffly this story wouldn't have been put up with out your help. Now that you have read please take a minute and review I would like tons of feed back. I don't care if you say that it sucks I need feed back.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=40282