The Reason by krazycase
Summary: This is a song fic based on the song of same title by Hoobastank! It is the story of how James and Lily fell in love. Yay! 500 reads!
Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1113 Read: 2124 Published: 11/26/04 Updated: 11/26/04

1. One Shot by krazycase

One Shot by krazycase
{A/N - The plot bunnies would not leave me alone! They followed me everywhere now I have a horrible fear of bunny rabbits. Ok just kidding but this is a song fic to one of my favourite songs. The Reason by Hoobastank. I hope you all enjoy it so please Review and let me know! Also check out my other fan fic “Love will find a way!”}

(AAN- OK, this story has 500 reads and FIVE reviews! please please PLEASE! review after you read it!!)



James walked into the heads compartment on the train and a huge grin appeared across his face when he saw who his co-head would be.



“Evans! Fancy meeting you here!”



“Oh you have got to be kidding me. I thought Dumbledore was smarter than that.”



James was falling into a familiar script he promised himself that he was going to put aside this year once he found out he was head boy. This could be his chance to prove himself to Lily.



I’m not a perfect person. There are so many
things I wish I didn’t do but I continue learning.




James sat across from Lily and looked into her deep green eyes.



“What are you staring at?”



Lily hated him and he would be the first to admit he deserved it. Over the past few years he hadn’t been pleasant to this girl.



“Lily...” he trailed off.



She looked up from her parchment that had all their instructions on it.



“Yea?”



He wanted to tell her how he felt, he wanted to tell her he had changed.



I never meant to do those things to you.
And so I have to say before I go that I just want you to know
I’ve found a reason for me to change who I used to be,
A reason to start over new. And the reason is you.




“I had some ideas for the year I thought we could talk about”



Lily looked at him shocked.



“Um, Alright, but we have to go and talk to the prefects first. Then when we come back we can talk?”



“Sounds like a plan!”



Lily looked at him and James could tell she was skeptical. James Potter was never serious. They both got up and James opened the compartment door for Lily. She was shooting him puzzled looks.



“James, are you feeling alright?“



James laughed. “Of course! I just want to make a good impression on my partner in crime! I mean co-head!!”



Lily scowled at him.



“Same old Potter.” He heard her mummer under her breath



I’m sorry that I hurt you, it’s something I must live with everyday.
And all the pain I put you through, I wish I could take it all away
and be the one who catches all your tears, that’s why I need you to hear.




James was a lot more hurt from that comment that he led on. He never led on to Lily that those comments bothered him but when he got into the prefect compartment he found Moony.



“Prongs, are you having Evans problems already? We haven’t even been on the train for an hour!”



James sighed and nodded his head.



“What’s happening now?”



“I just want her to know I’ve changed. I want her to know I can be serious. We are supposed to sit together on the way to Hogwarts to discuss some ideas I have. I hope I can show her I am being serious. Do you have any tips?”



“Just be yourself prongs. Don’t put up that fake I’m the best thing on earth act.”



Alright Moony, I’ll give it a try. Hey wait... how do you know its an act? Maybe I am the best thing on earth!”



“That Prongs, don’t do that.”



James felt like he was slapped. He didn’t even mean to be a smart ass. He usually didn’t control what was coming out of his mouth. He just said what he felt.



“Your right. I really need to stop but I have to go address all the prefects. Wish me luck”



“James got up and addressed the prefects about patrolling the train and gave out the passwords to the house heads.”



After all the prefects left, James turned to Lily.



"Shall we head to the Heads compartment?



Lily looked at him confused.



“Oh, you were being serious?”



By the look of hurt on James’ face Lily knew immediately she had said the wrong thing.



I’m not a perfect person, I never meant to do those things to you
and so I have to say before I go that I just want you to know.




They entered into the heads compartment and Lily asked James what ideas he had. James and Lily talked for a few ideas they had to improve the school but when they were nearing Hogwarts, Lily said something that surprised him.



“You impressed me today James Potter. I didn’t think you had it in you to be serious for more than 5 minutes.”



“Lily, there is something I need to tell you-“



I’ve found a reason for me to change, to change who I used to be
A reason to start over new, and that reason is you.
I’ve found a reason to show a side of me you didn’t know
A reason for all that I do, and the reason is you.




“When I found out I was head boy I made a pact to myself that I would change and do you know why I wanted to change Lily?”



“So you wouldn’t disappoint Dumbledore?”



“So I wouldn’t disappoint you.”



With this Lily got up and sat next to James.



“What do you mean?”



she asked him softly and kindly. This was not a side of Lily James had ever seen.



“Lily, I love you. I have been in love with you since 3rd year. I wanted to show you I am mature and that I can handle anything. I want to be your rock when your upset. I want to be there for you. You inspire me to be a better person. I love you Lily Evans.”



Lily was looking into James’ eyes. Although the eye contact was never broken it still shocked him when he felt her kissing him. It was the greatest feeling he had ever experienced. He had never been happier.



Maybe this year wouldn’t be so bad after all.

A/N- Don't forget to REVIEW!!:)
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4044