And The World is Beautiful, Just Look Around by takeoffonmybroom
Summary: Harry is leaving the Durseley's just in time for Bill and Fleur's wedding... But something horrible happens leaving everyone wishing they were somewhere else.
Categories: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 950 Read: 1806 Published: 01/05/06 Updated: 01/06/06

1. Attend At Your Own Risk by takeoffonmybroom

Attend At Your Own Risk by takeoffonmybroom
Disclaimer: These characters belong to the GREATEST writer who ever lived! ...I am honored to be borrowing them.

July was approaching as Harry was packing for The Burrow. His invitation for Bill and Fleur's wedding had come just two days prior. When he was ready, Harry apparated to the one place besides Hogwarts he most wanted to be at. He was relieved to think back and realize that this was the last summer he had to spend at the Dursley's.

When Harry arrived, Mrs. Weasley ran up to him giving him a giant hug that felt as if Harry's insides were being re-arranged.

"Harry dear, Ron and Hermione are upstairs getting prepared for the rehearsal, why don't you join them while I take your trunk up," Mrs. Weasley said.

"Erm, of course," Harry responded.

As Harry walked up the stairs, Crookshanks brushed up against his ankles. He arrived in the little room where Hermione was wearing a magnificent aqua dress while fixing Ron's bow tie.

Hermione shrieked with joy when she saw Harry. "Oh, Harry!" she said, "I have been looking forward to you coming for ages, how have you been?"

Harry replied, "I've been fine, I am still trying to get over--" Just then, Ginny, wearing a dazzling deep green dress, walked into the room. Her dress was full-length with a slit on the right side up to her knee. The straps tied around her neck and had silver sequins down the side in a pattern of a rose.

To stop Harry from gawking, Ron said, "What were you saying mate?"

"Oh… never mind," Harry replied, half stunned.

After Hermione fixed Ron's bow tie and did Ginny's hair, the two Weasley's, along with Hermione retreated downstairs to wait for the rehearsal to start. Harry quickly undressed, and put on his best dress robes. He grabbed what he thought was hair gel and put a little bit into his hair so it wouldn't stick up. But to his horror, instead of staying down, that section of his hair turned a hot pink. Assuming it was something from Fred and George's shop, he did not try to fix it thinking it was only temporary.

Harry walked downstairs just in time to grab a sandwich Mrs. Weasley had prepared and put on the table. As he was hungrily chewing, Fleur was giving directions on how everyone was to walk in. She paired up Ron with Hermione. After having paired up almost everyone in the room she said, "Oh and 'Arry, you can be with Ginny." Harry's heart leapt at the thought that the two of them could be together without being obviously in love.

But Ginny interrupted Fleur. "Um, Fleur, but I was hoping I could be paired up with Seamus, who will be arriving later tonight," She said. Harry's jaw dropped.

Apparently Hermione noticed this because she leaned in a whispered, "She and Seamus have been going together for about two weeks now. She invited him to the wedding just a few days ago." Harry's heart, which had just been leaping for joy, fell into his stomach and made him feel sick. And to top it all off, Harry now, had no date to the wedding.

Luckily for him, Fleur's sister had arrived a couple of hours ago and was finally ready. Harry and the now-older Veela sister walked down the aisle before Bill and Fleur. All of the couples took there places on the right side of the altar while the engaged couple recited their vows. When the ceremony was over, the Weasleys' had a rehearsal dinner. Everybody ate and talked about how their summer had been. At last when Bill stood up and announced it was time to dance, Ron's face immediately turned a shade of deep scarlet and Hermione fiddled with her napkin. Harry had enjoyed dancing with Fleur's sister although he kept gazing over at Seamus who had just arrived, and Ginny.

His stomach turned over and made squirming noises. To manage his anger, Harry looked over at Hermione and Ron who were so nervous, they both took turns bumping into things or stepping on each other's toes. Harry could do nothing while looking at them but smile.

* * * *

Harry and Ron retreated to their rooms when the dance was over. Harry confronted Ron about his dancing. "Hey, it's not my fault I've bloody liked Hermione all this time!" Ron flared at Harry.

"Yeah," Harry began, "So why don't you just tell her you like her?"

Ron look at the floor for a couple moments then said, "I can't! I'm not like you and Ginny! I can't be upfront about my feelings for a girl that has been my best friend since I was eleven." When Harry looked as if he was on the verge of tears Ron continued, "Oops, I mean, sorry mate. I didn't realize how much Ginny meant to you. I mean come on, Seamus?! I think she is just trying to make you jealous, to want to take her back!" Harry said nothing as he got into bed, rolled over, and closed his eyes.

When the pair of them woke the next morning, they went down to breakfast. Everything was in chaos and Fleur seemed to be crying. Plates were broken all over the floor and there were slices of toast everywhere. On the back door hung a sign written by Kreacher, who had come to bake the wedding cake.

The sign said, "Attend At Your own Risk."
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=41166