Ginny Weasley and the Chamber of Secrets by xcxcharlottexcx
Summary: Read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets? Well here it is from Ginny. Follow Ginny on her terrible journey in her first year. All because of ONE book. Tom Riddles Diary.



Author Update
Submitted Chapter 5 23/03/08
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5391 Read: 10854 Published: 01/08/06 Updated: 06/15/06

1.

Chapter 1 — The Secret.
by xcxcharlottexcx

2.

Chapter 2 — The Plan.
by xcxcharlottexcx

3.

Chapter 3 — Harry Potter
by xcxcharlottexcx

4.

Chapter 4 — Diagon Alley
by xcxcharlottexcx

Chapter 1 — The Secret.
by xcxcharlottexcx
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters, places etc they all belong to J K Rowling not me.

"Get up!" a woman's voice rang through the Burrow. It was Mrs. Weasley, the mother of seven children. There were six boys: Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, and Ron, who all had red hair like hers and her husband's. There was one girl, in fact the only girl to be born into the Weasley family in many generations, whose name was Ginny.



"Get up! Breakfast's ready!" Mrs. Weasley's voice rang from outside Ginny's door.



"In a minute," mumbled Ginny in reply from behind her pillow. All that was visible was her fiery red hair. Moodily, she got out of bed, threw on a pair of jeans and went downstairs for breakfast.



As she arrived in the kitchen her mother was at the stove while four of her brothers sat round the table. Her two oldest brothers don’t live at home (Charlie was in Romania and Bill in Egypt).



“Where’s dad?” Ginny asked as she sat down.



“Oh! Ginny you're up, he had to pop into work early, dear,” said Mrs. Weasley handed Ginny a plate of toast.



“Have the letters from Hogwarts arrived yet?” Ginny asked.



Mrs Weasley was about to answer when Fred butted in and said,



“If they had arrived we would have told you, darling sister.”



“You have asked that question every morning since us lot came back from Hogwarts,” complained Ron.



“Well, I was only asking,” snapped Ginny at Ron.



“You have been ‘just asking’ for weeks now,” retorted Ron.



“Well, I recall you doing the exact same thing all last summer when you were going to start Hogwarts,” said Ginny who was starting to raise her voice slightly.



Fred and George sat in the middle of the two turning their head to face either Ron or Ginny, like watching the quaffle being thrown from one set of goals to another. Mrs. Weasley had disappeared outside to feed the chickens so no one or anything was stopping this turning into a full-scale fight.



Suddenly both Ron and Ginny were shouting at each other.



“AT LEAST I HAVE FRIENDS!”



“WHO?!”



“IT’S NOT THE POINT WHO THEY ARE!”



“YOUR APPARENTLY BEST FRIEND HARRY POTTER HASN’T SENT YOU A REPLY TO ANY OF YOUR LETTERS!”



“HE…HE MIGHT BE BUSY!”



”What is going on down here?” Percy demanded while coming down the last steps to the kitchen “I’m trying to concentrate upstairs.”



“Shut up Perce,” complained Fred.



“Yeah, this is interesting,” said George.



“I DO NOT! RONALD!”



“YEAH YOU DO IT’S ALL YOU EVER DO! HARRY THIS, HARRY THAT, IT’S LIKE YOU'RE OBSESSED!”



“WHAT? SO YOU MUST BE OBSESSED BY HIM THEN AND HERMIONE!”



“AM NOT!”



“ALL YOU TALK ABOUT IS HOW GREAT THEY WHERE WHEN YOU GOT YOURSELF KNOCKED OUT WHEN SAVING THE -“ Ginny was cut off because Mrs Weasley had suddenly appeared in the doorway from outside.



“GINNY! RON! WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING?” she demanded.



“They were arguing about nothing important mother,” Percy informed her.



“Percy don’t interfere,” snapped Mrs Weasley “Go upstairs please.”



“Yes mother.”



“Fred, George, you too.”



“But-“ George started but didn’t finish.



“NOW!” shouted Mrs Weasley. The twins went upstairs. “I am surprised that you two were arguing, you normally get on well with each other, what was this about?”



“It was nothing mum, honest. It was just a conversation that got out of hand,” Ron said.



“Yeah,” Ginny said, “It was Ron just being a prat.”



“Stop it,” Mrs Weasley said before Ron retorted.



“But it was all his fault!” moaned Ginny.



“Ginny!” warned Mrs Weasley.



“OH yeah! It’s always my fault! It’s always me! Never any of the perfect boys! I’m the one that always gets in trouble!” with that Ginny turned round and stormed upstairs in a very bad mood, leaving Mrs Weasley fuming and Ron with a face nearly as red as his hair.



~*~




Ginny looked at her clock as she lay on her bed. It was one o’clock; she had been in her room for four hours. She had not left her room since her argument with Ron. In fact, she was starting to feel guilty that she had said that he had not got any friends because she knew that a girl called Hermione was replying to his letters and that she couldn’t send her own because she didn’t have an owl. Also there was something suspicious that Harry wasn’t replying to letters. Then a little voice in her head reminded her that he had said that she had no friends first.



A knock on her bedroom door interrupted her thoughts. She did not answer, but then the person on the other side of the door opened it.



“Ginny?” it was Ron.



“What do you want?” Ginny snapped irritably.



“I…I’ve come to apologize…a…about earlier.”



Ginny stayed silent with her back to him.



“I know I shouldn’t have had a go at you. It’s not your fault that you're excited about going to Hogwarts, and you were right, I was too.”



“No, I’m sorry Ron,” Ginny turned round “I shouldn’t have accused you of having no friends either,” she said.



“It’s ok, but I should apologize too. I’m sorry.”



Then Fred and George came in though the open door, shut it and sat on the bed with Ron and Ginny.

<

“Oi, Gin, can you do us a favour?” Fred asked.



“Depends on what it is,” replied Ginny.



“Don’t tell her, she’ll grass,” complained Ron.



“No I won’t,” snapped Ginny at Ron.



“Ok,” Ron didn’t want another fall out with Ginny seeing as he had just made up with her again.



“What is it then?” questioned Ginny.



“Tonight can you have a long conversation with mum in the sitting room as a distraction? Please,” asked Fred. Ginny looked from George to Fred and then to Ron. They were all looking at her expectantly.



“It depends on whether you tell me on what you are planning to do tonight. I don’t want to be in trouble as well as you three,” Ginny replied after some thought.



“We can’t. But we can guarantee that you wont get involved if it goes wrong and we get found out. We promise,” George said. There was a long silence.



“So will you help us?” asked Ron.



“Ok,” Ginny replied, though unsure whether she should or not. With her word Fred, George and Ron left her room. Ginny rushed to her door, locked it and said to herself, as she lay on here bed.



“What have I got myself into?”



~*~


A/N: This is my first fanfic I hope you like it. Please read and review. I could do with some constructive criticism. I would like to thank my beta for betaing this for me because my spelling and grammar is terrible.



May I tell you reviews and me are like leaves to a tree. Which means I need them or I can't really tell if people like it or not.

Chapter 2 — The Plan.
by xcxcharlottexcx
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters, events, places etc they all belong to JKRowling not me.
It was half past ten, and Ginny was on her way down to tea that night when she bumped into Ron.

“Tell me what you’re doing tonight?” interrogated Ginny.

“No,” Ron replied.

Every time she had been away from Percy or Mrs. Weasley and bumped into Fred, George or Ron she had asked them that same question. So the three boys had taken to staying in their rooms.

“Why not?” She asked.

“Because you’ll find out in the morning.”

“But I want to know now!”

“I’m not telling you.”

“Not telling her what?” Percy had walked up behind them giving them an untrusting glance.

“I…erm…I,” stuttered Ron.

“He won’t tell me how you get sorted at Hogwarts,” Ginny said quickly to cover up Ron’s stuttering. She was always a lot better and quicker at making up cover stories than Ron.

“Ginny, I told you within the first week of us coming back from Hogwarts,” Percy said as though she was dumb. He pushed through them and down the last set of stairs to the kitchen.

“You nearly blew that,” Ginny complained. “What if I hadn’t come up with that cover story, eh?”

“Shut up.”

“He still doesn’t believe me, so I could go and tell him you’re planning something. He’ll get it out of you…or at least mum could,” Ginny smiled smugly. She had him stuck in a situation he wouldn’t be able to get out of. Ron stopped walking.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Ginny, Ron, hurry up,” Mrs. Weasley called up the stairs.

“Ok mum, coming,” Ginny called down to Mrs. Weasley.


“We’ll talk about this later,” she muttered to Ron, walking down the stairs.

~*~
Everybody had just finished pudding, jam roll with custard (homemade by Mrs. Weasley of course).

“What time is it dear?” Mr. Weasley asked Mrs. Weasley.

“Ten past eleven,” Mrs. Weasley replied.

“I’ve got to go to work in ten minutes, I better get ready,” With that he went upstairs soon followed by Percy who had some work to do. Mrs. Weasley stood up and walked over to the sink.

“Ginny?”

“Yes mum,” Ginny jerked her head up from where she had been falling asleep at the table.

“Can you help me with the dishes?”

“Ok.”

Ginny got up and started to dry the pots with Mrs. Weasley as the pots were automatically cleaned with a flick of Mrs. Weasley's wand.

“Ginny, dear.”

“What is it mum?”

“Are you all right?”

“Yes, perfectly fine, why?”

“It’s just that-.”

“-You haven’t asked about Harry for nearly all day,” Fred interrupted laughing.

“Yeah Gin, You normally don’t shut up about him, you -,” George stopped. Ginny, who recovered quickly from the comment Fred made so unexpectedly, looked at the three boys as if to say ‘Stop it or I won’t do it tonight’. She then smiled a smug smile.

She enjoyed having this power over them. If they had continued her face would have normally gone so red it would be indistinguishable from her hair.

Then Mr. Weasley came downstairs.

“See you later, I’m off to work,” he announced.

He walked out of the door and disapparated. Mrs. Weasley started putting the pots away so Ginny went to sit at the table with Ron, George and Fred (Percy said he was ‘busy’ and went to his room).

“Tell me what you are planning to do tonight,” Ginny demanded in a whisper.

“No!” the three boys replied in unison.

“I’ll tell mum you’re planning something,” hissed Ginny.

The three boys all exchanged looks then nodded at each other. Ron looked slightly regretful of telling Ginny.

“Fine,” whispered Fred “But come in the sitting room so mum can’t here us,”

Ginny, Fred, George and Ron all went in to the sitting room and sat on the patched sofas.

“You want to know what we are planning, then?” George asked.

“Of course or I wouldn’t have asked,” Ginny said impatiently.

“We are going…” Ron paused and looked at the twins who nodded. “Going to rescue Harry from the muggles he lives with.”

“We reckon something is up,” stated George.

“Well it didn’t take a genius to work that out,” Ginny commented.

“So we are going to pick him up and bring him here for the rest of the summer,” finished Fred ignoring Ginny’s last comment.

Ginny’s heart skipped a beat. Harry Potter. Thee Harry Potter was going to come here. Here to the Burrow. The prospect that she was going to go to the same school as him in September was great. But to actually be living under the same roof as him for the rest of the summer was marvellous.

“Earth to Ginny,” said George in an annoyed voice. He had obviously said something while she was daydreaming about Harry. “As I was saying Ginny, you will still distract mum for us? Please.”

“What are you taking about?” Mrs. Weasley said, poking her head round the door of the sitting room.

“Nothing,” they chorused.

The three boys all looked at Ginny expectantly. She nodded. She knew what they wanted her to do. It was nearly twelve.

She figured that if she did she could tell Harry that she helped to bring him to the Burrow and he would like her.

Fred nudged her as a signal to do her part.

“Mum, I need to talk to you,” Ginny said even though she had no idea what she was going to say next.

“Of course dear,” said Mrs. Weasley sitting next to Ginny “What is it?”

“I…I,” Ginny couldn’t think of anything to say.

“What is the matter Ginny?” said Mrs. Weasley with a great look of concern on her face.

“I…I don’t want them listening,” said Ginny.

“Ok dear, George, Fred and Ron go to bed,” Mrs. Weasley ordered. Each said their goodnights and went up stairs. Mrs. Weasley was surprised by the boy’s lack of argument, but then decided that Ginny was more important at that moment in time.

“Now, what’s the matter Ginny?” Mrs. Weasley asked giving her daughter a worried look.

Ginny was stuck for once in her life; she didn’t know what to say. But then it hit her.

“I…I like Harry but I…I don’t think he likes me.”

“Oh Ginny, don’t be so silly,” Mrs. Weasley said taking her daughter into a hug. “What makes you think that?”

Then Ginny heard three thuds coming from outside. She assumed it was the three boys jumping from a rope ladder of some sort coming from a bedroom upstairs. It was apparent that Mrs. Weasley had heard it too; so Ginny turned on the tears.

“I…I think that he hasn’t replied to Ron’s letters because he doesn’t to come here because I’m here.”

“Don’t think that,” said Mrs Weasley sympathetically. Then continued “In fact me and your father are going to go and see Harry if he hasn’t replied to Ron’s last letter by tomorrow night.”

Ginny suddenly stopped the tears. Her face was panicked stricken. Fred, George and Ron are risking their necks for nothing.

“Go on Ginny to bed now it’s late,” said Mrs Weasley not noticing the expression on Ginny’s face.

As she trudged upstairs she sighed to herself. Instead of looking like the hero that helped save Harry Potter from the muggles he lived with, she was an idiot that would get Ron, Fred, George and possibly Harry into trouble. Then just before see fell asleep she wondered to herself: How exactly were they fetching Harry?

A/N: Hope you liked it. Read and review please. I’ll update as soon as I get enough rewiews. Once again thanks to my beta for betaing this.

If you are stuck for what to put in your rewiew other that "Great" "Liked it" "Hated it" etc. Here are some questions you could answer for me:

*Are the Characters in character or are any of them OC?

*Anything I could have done better?

*Any ideas or suggestions for future chapters?

Chapter 3 — Harry Potter
by xcxcharlottexcx
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters, places etc they all belong to J K Rowling not me sadly

Ginny was awoken by her mother’s shouts but not the usual "get up!" ones. It was coming from outside. She ran to the window and listened to what Mrs. Weasley was shouting. Although she could only hear bits of what her mother was saying.

“Flying car…you could have been seen…Father will be in trouble,”

They had used theirs dad’s flying Ford Anglia and gotten caught by Mrs Weasley. Ginny was astonished by her brother's lack of planning skills. Surely they should have allowed more time for travelling all the way there, back, and sneaking back into the house without Mrs Weasley catching them.

She looked back outside and followed Mrs. Weasley into the house with Fred, George, Ron and Harry. Ginny had for the moment forgotten why they were in trouble. Harry was here for the rest of the holidays.

As quickly as she could while still trying to seem casual she ran downstairs still in her nightdress and into the kitchen. She saw Harry sitting at the table. Her body froze, and she was incapable of doing or saying anything. She let out a small squeal of excitement and ran out of the kitchen, up the stairs and to her bedroom. She was so happy; Harry Potter was staying in the same house as her.

After about 10 more minutes of daydreaming, she got dressed. She was about to go downstairs to have breakfast when she heard shouting coming from the garden. She went to look what was going on. Fred, George, Ron and Harry were degnoming the garden. She watched Harry throwing the gnomes over the wall.

Before she knew it they went inside and she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She opened her door slightly and peered through the gap. She saw Ron and Harry about to go into Ron’s room. Harry looked round at her. When he made eye contact with her she felt her face go red and shut her door.

Why does my face have to go red when he looks at me?, she thought embarrasedly.


~*~



Ever since Harry’s arrival Ginny had... well, stopped being Ginny. She had become very quiet and clumsy when Harry was around, and no one really knew what was causing this change in her.

She didn’t really know herself. The only reason she could think was that she really did like Harry but she put that idea down every time it appeared in her head. She decided that the change was due to her being so excited and nervous about finally going to Hogwarts.

About a week after Harry’s arrival, Ginny was sat at the table eating her porridge when Ron came downstairs accompanied by Harry for breakfast as usual.

“Mum, we got any crackle pops?” Ron asked.

Ginny looked up from her bowl to give a sarcastic comment but she saw Harry and knocked over her porridge onto the floor. But was saved too much embarrassment by Mrs Weasley handing out Hogwarts letters which had just arrived.

Ginny’s quickly picked up her letter and read it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY


Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)



Dear Miss Weasley,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on the 1st of September. The train will leave Platform 9 ¾ at 11 o’clock of that day.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress


‘Wow’ Ginny thought to herself she was going to Hogwarts. She picked up the list of books and items.


First-year students will require:

• Three sets of plain black work robes.

• 1 pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

• 1 wand

• 1 size 2 pewter cauldron

• 1 set of glass or crystal phials

• 1 telescope

• 1 set brass scales



Set books:

*The Standard Book of Spells (Grade1) by Miranda Goshawk.

*A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot.

*Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling.

*A Beginners’ Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch.

*One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore.

*Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger.

*The whole Gildery Lockhart collection excluding Magical Me and "Glildory Lockhart's Guide to Household Pests"

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.


Ginny’s heart sank, as she knew that Lockhart’s books were expensive. George confirmed her thoughts.

“That lot won’t come cheap, Lockhart’s books are expensive,”

“Well, we will manage,” said Mrs Weasley “I expect we’ll be able to get most of Ginny’s things second hand,”

“Oh! Are you starting at Hogwarts this year?” Harry asked Ginny. Ginny couldn’t seem to find speech so she just nodded. Her face was starting to go as red as her hair. She then proceeded to put her elbow in the butter dish, and, looking up, she saw, to her horror, that Harry had noticed. So, Ginny concentrated on eating her porridge until Harry left with Ron, Fred and George to practice quidditch in the small orchid the Weasleys owned.


~*~



On the following Wednesday after Harry’s arrival at the Burrow, Ginny got up an hour early than everyone else (she had been doing it for three days now). She was doing this to avoid Harry at breakfast, since it always ended up in her going red in the face or dropping whatever she was holding.

As she trudged downstairs she heard a lot of people talking in the kitchen. Then, she remembered that they were going to Diagon Alley today and everyone would be up early.

As she entered the kitchen, Harry turned round and smiled at her. Ginny smiled back going a little red in the face, but Harry had already turned around and started talking to Fred and George. A little down trodden she went and sat at her usual place and ate her breakfast in silence


~*~



Everyone was ready to go to Diagon Alley and was waiting by the fireplace. Mrs Weasley lifted down a small plant pot full of a glittery powder and peered inside.

“We’re running low, We’ll have to get some more today,” she said to herself. “After you, Harry dear,”

“What am I supposed to do?” Harry asked.

“Mum, Harry hasn’t traveled by floo powder before,” Ron told his mother.

“Oh,” said Mrs Weasley “How did you get to Diagon Alley to get your school things last year?”

“Me and Hagrid went on the underground,” Harry replied.

“Really?! Were there escapators and elektik ticket mash-eens?” Asked Mr Weasley; he loved the things muggles used, as he thought they were quite fascinating.

“Not now Arthur!” Mrs Weasley snapped at her husband.

“Sorry dear,” Mr Weasley mumbled.

“Watch Fred and George go first,” Mrs Weasley told Harry.

Fred and grabbed a handful of floo powder, threw it into the fire, stepped in and shouted “Diagon Alley!” Next went George, who did exactly the same.

“See how it’s done Harry?” Mrs Weasley asked him as Mr Weasley disappeared in the emerald green flames.

“Erm…yeah” Harry replied.

“Don’t worry Harry, it’s easy,” Ron assured Harry, as he stood in the fireplace, preparing to put it down. “Diagon Alley!” he screamed out, disappearing into the flames.

“Go on Harry,” Mrs Weasley prompted, “Look out for the rest to make sure you come out at the right grate.”

Harry grabbed a handful of flow powder and disappeared into the fire.

“Ginny.” Mrs Weasley said to grab her attention.

“What?” Said Ginny jumping, She had been staring into the fire where Harry disappeared.

Mrs Weasley held out the pot to her prompting her to take some. Ginny grabbed a handful of floo powder and stepped into the flames. She span round and round.

She stepped out onto the highly polished wooden floor of a little teashop “Miss Twirlytots Tea parlour”. This was were the Weasley’s usually got out at because of the lack of busyness of the shop.

Mrs Weasley appeared behind Ginny.

“Where’s Harry?” said Mrs Weasley alarmingly to the rest of the Weasley who were all looking worried.

Ginny quickly looked round panicking. She couldn’t see Harry anywhere.

A/N: Sorry for this chapter being abit boring but i promise the story will get more interesting.
Chapter 4 — Diagon Alley
by xcxcharlottexcx
Author's Notes:
A/N: Sorry it took a while to update it was delayed by something called life but here it is. I don’t know how long another update will take but I’ll get on it.

“Oh, no!” screamed Mrs Weasley, “ We better go look for him! Come on!”

The Weasleys all followed Mrs Weasley out into the street. When suddenly a brown bushy haired girl came running up to them shouting.

“Ron! Ron!”

“Oh! Hi,” said Ron, slightly flustered by this enthusiastic greeting. “Everyone this is Hermione Granger.”

So this is the famous Hermione Granger who Ron has a crush on, Ginny thought to herself. She new this because Ron had talked none stop about her nearly all holiday.

“Where is Harry? I thought he was staying at your house,” Hermione questioned.

“Well…erm…He kind of missed the exit fire place,” Ron told her.

“Oh, no! We better find him, He couldn’t have gone out of Diagon alley could he?” Hermione was starting to panic.

“Calm down dear,” Mrs Weasley said kindly to Hermione, “It is most likely he got out at Gringots or Madame Malkins. So we will go to Madame Malkins first. All right?”

“Yes, ok, I’ll go to Gringotts, I need to get my parents to change some money anyway.” Hermione turned round and walked off muttering to herself.

“Right then let’s get going,” said Mrs Weasley.

The Weasleys walked up the busy street in search off Harry. Ginny’s mind was filled with worries, What if they couldn’t find Harry? What if something terrible had happened to him?

As they entered the robe shop, Madame Malkin greeted them.

“How can I help you?” She asked

“Has Harry Potter arrived here by floo powder?” Mrs Weasley asked her.

“No, I’m afraid not,” replied Madame Malkin.

The Weasley's left the shop and headed to Gringotts to see if Harry was there.

As they made their way to the bank Mrs Weasley insisted that Ginny hold her hand so she didn’t get lost in the crowd.

As Gringotts came into view Harry’s unmistakable untidy black hair was visible at the base of the steps leading to Gringotts’ front doors. He was talking to Hermione and a very big bearded person that Ginny assumed was Hagrid the gamekeeper at Hogwarts although she had never met him before.

Mrs Weasley was thanking Hagrid over and over again; it turned out that he found Harry down Knockturn Alley, which Ginny knew was associated with dark magic.

Ginny was so relieved that Harry was safe she didn’t notice being dragged away by Mrs Weasley to go shopping until she saw Harry turn and head off in another direction with Ron and Hermione.

“Where are we going?” Ginny asked her mother.

“Witterings for your robes,” Mrs Weasley replied.

“But mum. Why can’t I do to Madame Malkins?”

“Because we have to get yours cheaper, Unless, that is, you want Percy’s old ones. Which are probably too big”

Ginny stayed silent.

“Here we are,” Mrs Weasley announced as they arrived outside the shop.

Ginny sighed as she looked up at the sign.

Wittering’s Second-Hand Robe and Accessory Store
Established in 1766

~*~

Ginny had got everything she needed apart from her Gilderoy Lockhart books Those couldn’t be bought second hand due to thier popularity; So she and her mother headed towards Flourish and Blotts.

As they arrived outside the bookstore they saw a large banner had been hung outside, it read:


GILDEROY LOCKHART
Will be signing copies of his autobiography
MAGICAL ME
Today at 12.30- 4.30



“Oh yes I remember the Daily Prophet mentioning something about this last week,” said Mrs Weasley.

They entered the shop; Books were crammed in bookshelves and piled in stacks all over the place. It was normally hard not to knock any over but seeing as the shop was crowded with over excited women the task was even harder.

Ginny herself didn’t see why other witches just seemed to melt if Gilderoy said hello to them; personally she thought he was abit of a show off and really didn’t see it possible to do all these things he said he had done and maintain such good looks. Ginny, however had decided she didn’t like blondes ages ago when a boy from the village saw her in the market and teased her because of her red hair and hand knitted jumper.

As Ginny was pondering her thoughts, Fred, George and Percy appeared. The twins seemed highly amused about something and Percy slightly cross.

“We reckon that-“ Fred started.

“-He is planning to do-“ George continued.

“-Some word domination”

“Why?” Ginny asked confused.

“We found him reading-“

“-Some psycho prefect book,”

“It was simply an interesting book,” Percy said his face going slightly red.

“What ever you say Percy,” giggled Ginny.

Just at that moment Mr Weasley arrived with Hermione parents.

“Molly dear, You would never guess what Mr and Mrs Granger have told me about,” Mr Weasley told his wife with a look some one who had just discovered fire.

“What?” Replied Mrs Weasley who had obviously decided to humour him.

“Something called a com-pu-ty. It is simply wonderful,” he said.

“That’s very nice dear,”

Mr Weasley went off into a long explanation of how a computer worked even though no one was listening because Ron had entered the shop with Hermione and Harry.

Ginny felt the blood rushing to her face, making it go red as soon as she made eye contact with Harry. Which she broke very quickly.

Suddenly, as if a wand had just exploded, there was clapping, cheering and wolf whistles as a man with blonde hair, dazzling blue eyes and shining white teeth stepped into view, waving cheerfully. It was Gilderoy Lockhart.

A man was talking photos with a camera that was emitting puffs of purple smoke everytime he took a photo.

As Gilderoy Lockhart started talking Ginny looked around; most people (mainly women) in the shop were staring at him in awe. Ginny thought he was a total show off. Her attention came back to Lockhart when he grabbed hold of Harry, shaking his hand. Ginny looked at Harry and saw the expression on his face. Ginny could tell he didn’t want to go up there and have his photo taken and plastered all over the front page of the Daily Prophet.

Lockhart dumped a load of books into Harry’s arms, and then proceeded to make an announcement as Harry sneaked away from next to him and back to where he was stood.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make. From September the first I will be teaching at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft of Wizardry in the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher,”

There was a lot of chatter, applause and a few squeals of delight. But Ginny heard Fred, George, Ron and Harry complaining behind her, however Hermione was positively beaming with delight.

As they turned to leave they were greated by a boy with blonde hair and a very dirty look on his face. To Ginny he didn’t look a very pleasant person to know.

“The famous Harry Potter, Bet you loved that, front page as soon as you walk in a shop,” the blonde haired boy drawled.

That awoke something inside Ginny. She decided to say something to this boy, whoever he thought he was.

“Leave him alone,” She said menacingly glaring at him, “He didn’t want that,” she said.

“Oooh Potter’s got himself a girlfriend,” The boy spat.

A man with long blonde hair appeared behind him. Ginny know who this man was; Lucius Malfoy. It was then when she realized who the boy was.

“Now, now, play nicely Draco,” Mr Malfoy said in the same drawl as his son used.

“We better get going,” said a voice from behind the group, When Ginny looked, she saw it was Mr Weasley
.
“Arthur, They must not be paying you a lot at the ministry these days,” Mr Malfoy said lifting Ginny’s transfiguration book out of her cauldron.

Suddenly Mr Weasley leaped at Mr Malfoy.

“GO DAD!” shouted George.

“ARTHUR STOP,” screamed Mrs Weasley.

Mr Malfoy was still holding Ginny’s transfiguration book so he only had one hand to fight Mr Weasley when Hagrid appeared and pulled the two men apart, Mr Malfoy immediately pulled himself from Hagrid’s grip, threw Ginny’s book into her cauldron and left the shop with his son following.

When Hagrid had finished calming Mr Weasley down they left the shop via floo powder to the Burrow. Ginny grabbed a handful of floo powder and said loud and clearly.

“The Burrow.”

This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=41408