It was a Hogsmeade Weekend by Jaislin
Summary: COMPLETED :) It was a Hogsmeade weekend and Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all planning on doing their Christmas shopping. But then Ron couldn’t go. Harry/Hermione romance
Categories: Harry/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 11459 Read: 42749 Published: 11/06/04 Updated: 12/17/04

1. Fallen by Jaislin

2. Out by Jaislin

3. Gifts by Jaislin

4. It's all there by Jaislin

5. Away by Jaislin

6. Some Kisses and Some Words by Jaislin

7. An Emotional Rollercoaster by Jaislin

8. What by Jaislin

9. Places of Interest by Jaislin

10. More or Less, Back to Normal by Jaislin

11. Deck the Halls by Jaislin

Fallen by Jaislin
Chapter 1- Fallen

“Hurry up you guys, it will be fun!” called Hermione to Ron and Harry.

It was a brisk winter day. Because it was Saturday, the three friends decided to head outside and enjoy the fresh new snow that had fallen during the night.

“What’s your big hurry Hermione? We have until two.” Ron yelled to her, trying to catch up, while tripping over the ends of his robes.

“Just humor her Ron.” Harry was panting from the attempt to try to catch up to her.

They saw Hermione had stopped at the lake. She was staring at it for some reason. When Harry and Ron caught up, they were gasping for breath from the chase. Hermione looked at both of them with a big grin on her face.

“I am going to show you two how to skate!” She was so excited.

“What! Do you actually think that I’m going to be able to do that!” Ron said, exasperated. He was still not happy about having to run after Hermione and was busy dusting the snow off of himself from when he had fallen.

Hermione’s face fell. She had been so excited about teaching them. When she was younger, her parents would take her to the lake by her house and they would skate all day, then drink hot chocolate by a fire.

“Maybe I was just being stupid. I don’t know what came over me.”

“I think it will be fun. Ron’s still sore from having to run after you.” Harry felt bad for Hermione. She looked so beautiful standing there with her face red and shining. He shook his head. This was one of his best friends he was thinking about.

Her face lit up. Harry always knew what to say to make her feel better.

She grabbed both Harry and Ron by the hands and led them out onto a patch of the lake that had frozen over. Even though none of them had iceskates on, it would still be fun, she thought.

Ron began to walk. But not for long. He soon ended up on his behind, with Harry and Hermione roaring with laughter.

“Oh, stop laughing and help me up!” though Ron was laughing along with them.

Hermione was about to reach down to help Ron when Harry grabbed her around the waist. Down they both fell, arms and legs entangled, right on top of Ron.

“Would you get off! You’re crushing my ribs!” Ron gasped from the bottom of the pile.

It took them awhile, but they finally got up. Not for long though. Ron seemed to be having a problem with staying on his feet. No soon had he gotten up, he was down again.

Harry and Hermione found it extremely funny. But Harry wasn’t too graceful himself. Even though he was brilliant on the quidditch field, on the ice it was a different story. He fell almost as much as Ron, which is quite often.

Hermione was the only one who was actually able to stay up more then two minutes without landing flat on her back.

“We should be getting inside soon, everyone will be leaving for Hogsmeade in about an hour, and I don’t want to miss it. I still need to do some Christmas shopping.” Harry was really looking forward to this trip. It was always an amazing sight to see Hogsmeade in the winter. Everything was always decorated and the town would glitter in different colored lights.

“Oh all right, though I was just beginning to get the hang of it.”

Thunk

Ron landed on his backside once more.

Hermione walked to the snow and stood next to Harry. She was very glad that they both agreed to do this with her. It turned out to be a lot of fun after all.

“This was a great idea Hermione. I had a great time. It was nice to be able to relax for a few hours and forget about everything.”

As Ron finally had regained his balance, he started toward the snowbank. Suddenly his foot hit a very slick spot and both his feet slid out from under him. With a loud crack he hit the ice, hard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N - hope you liked it! I know this chapter isn’t very great and all, but please stick with it. It will get better as I go along. I think I’m finally beginning to get the hang of it! Please R & R :o) thanks
Out by Jaislin
Chapter 2 - Out

Hermione let out a scream. She and Harry rushed out onto the ice. Ron was sprawled with he arm bent at an odd angle and blood was coming from his head.

“Harry, get Madam Pomfrey.” Tears were falling down her face. “Ron, wake up, please wake up.” Her voice choked.

Harry ran as fast as he could up the stairs into the school. He was dripping wet from the melted snow on his robes. He slid around each turn, lucky not running into any teachers on the way. He burst into the hospital wing, completely out of breath.

“Madam Pomfrey, something has happened to Ron,” and with that he sank against the wall.

“Where?” she handed Harry a chunk of chocolate and waited while he ate it.

“Down by the lake, he slipped.” Warmth was finally coming back to him. “We have to go now, I left Hermione with him.”

They rushed out of the hospital wing. They found Hermione still next to Ron with her cloak placed on top of him and a small blue fire going. The ice surrounding them was red from Ron’s blood. Harry and Madam Pomfrey hurried over. When Hermione saw them, she flung herself onto Harry, sobbing.

“It’s okay, Hermione, Madam Pomfrey is here now.” Harry was trying the best he could to calm her down.

Madam Pomfrey conjured up a stretcher and carried Ron into the school.

“Um, Hermione, could we go inside now, you don’t have your cloak on and you’re shivering like mad.” Even though Harry was enjoying having Hermione in his arms, he figured they should probably go inside and see Ron.

They headed up the stairs after Madam Pomfrey and into the hospital wing. She laid him on a bed and took a look at him. Her face was unreadable.

“Will he be alright?” Harry was really worried. Ron did not look good. His face was extremely pale.

“He should be fine. Though he does have a nasty cut on his head. He may be unconscious for a few days. And I can fix his arm up just as well. Now run along you two.” She handed them both some chocolate and shooed them out of the hospital wing.

Harry and Hermione began to head to the common room.

“Hermione, are you all right? You haven’t said anything since we’ve been inside.”

Hermione’s face was pale. She looked up into Harry’s green eyes and felt tears coming into her brown ones.

“I don’t know. Just seeing Ron like that was terrible. One minute we were all laughing, the next Ron was-“ She started to cry again. Harry reached over and gave her a comforting hug.

“Hey, why don’t we go into Hogsmeade? It is almost time to leave anyways. It may help keep are minds off of Ron. It’s better then staying here all day.”

Harry always knew the right things to say, Hermione thought to herself.

“Wait, let me run up to my room and grab another cloak. Mine is still outside.” Hermione ran up to her room. From her closet she grabbed a red cloak, the only one she could find, then ran back downstairs.

“Wow.”

“Excuse me?”

“Oh, sorry, you just look very nice in that cloak. I’ve never seen you in it before.” She looked great, thought Harry, with her hair falling over her shoulders and cheeks still red from outside.

“Oh, thank you. Let’s go, everyone will be leaving soon.” And they headed towards the front doors. Everyone else was waiting, wanting to squeeze in some last minute Christmas shopping.

“Where’s Ron?” asked Dean Thomas, “I wanted to see if his brothers could get me some Wet Start Fireworks to send home to my parents.”

Harry saw Hermione’s eyes fill up with tears once more.

“Um, he’s not feeling too well, so he decided not to come,” Harry lied.

“Oh, that’s okay then, I will ask him when he feels better.” and at that moment the doors opened, allowing students to leave for Hogsmeade.

Harry and Hermione started out, feeling like they were missing something.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - hope you enjoyed it. I know it was short. Please R & R :o) thanks
Gifts by Jaislin
Chapter 3 - Gifts

When the two of them reached Hogsmeade, it was an amazing sight. It looked one of the villages Petunia would put out at Christmas time, then yell at Harry for getting too close. The Three Broomsticks was decked out in lights and there were carolers walking up and down the streets.

“Where should we go first?” Harry asked.

“Let’s head to Honeydukes, there’s always something there.”

Hermione and Harry walked down the snowy street toward Honeydukes. Once inside, they were jostled around by the crowd of students that was in there. Hermione headed over to buy some sherbert balls for her mum and dad. Harry hurried after her, not wanting to lose her in the midst of everyone. She found her standing near a display of chocolate frogs.

“I think I’ll get some of these for Ron to have once he gets better.” Her voice sounded tight.

“That’s a good idea Hermione, those are one of his favorites. Let’s get out of here now, it is so packed, I think half the school must be in here!”

“All right, just let me buy some sherbert balls, then let’s head to the Post Office so I can send them to my parents.”

Once she paid, they left and headed across the street to the Post Office.

“Hey Hermione, would you mind if I go off and get your present. I haven’t gotten it yet,” said Harry sheepishly, “Would it be ok to meet back here in about twenty minutes?”

“Sure, that sounds fine to me. I still need to get your present too. See you in twenty.”

Hermione headed into the Post Office and Harry began to walk down the street. He had no idea what to get Hermione. He didn’t know why he was having such a problem, he had known her for six years, but he felt as though he wanted to get her something more special then usual, not just a book. He decided to try Dervish & Banges, maybe there might be something for her.

When he arrived inside, there weren’t too many people there. Two girls from his school, Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil, were giggling over a book. Harry wandered around aimlessly for about five minutes, not knowing what to look for.

“Are you finding everything ok, young man?” Harry jumped and turned around. A women was standing behind him with a kind smile on her face. She was a sales clerk.

“Um, well actually I am trying to find a Christmas present for one of my friends, and I have no idea what to get her.”

“Is she a special friend?” the sales clerk smiled.

“No” said Harry a bit too quickly, but he could feel his cheeks turning red.

“I think I have just the gift for you. Follow me.” She led him over to the corner of the store to a display holding some jewelry.

‘Great, jewelry. Hermione doesn’t wear jewelry.’ Harry was about ready to tell the clerk that he didn’t think this would be a good idea for a gift, when he bent down to look at them. They were lockets and had letters on the covers. It wasn’t too big either, or too fancy. She could wear this whenever she wanted. Maybe this was the right gift for Hermione.

“This isn’t an ordinary locket either. It doesn’t store pictures, it stores memories. Once she puts it on, it will keep what ever good memories she chooses. It is a bit like a pensive, but it will only hold good memories.” The clerk could tell Harry was impressed.

“Thank you for you help. I think I’m alright now.” Harry bent down and found a locket with the letter “H” on it. Perfect, he thought.

He paid and headed out of the store smiling. Putting his gift in his cloak, he headed to meet Hermione.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After she had sent her letter, Hermione decided to go get a present for Harry. She wasn’t too sure what to get him. She decided to head to Quidditch Pros, knowing she could always find something for him there. She felt like she wanted to get Harry something a bit more then a book on Quidditch or a broom kit. He already had those.

Once inside the store, she felt very lost. She knew nothing really about Quidditch. After wandering around a bit, she found a huge moving poster showing all of the teams from around the world. And it wasn’t too badly priced either. She knew Harry would like it.

After paying, she left the store and went to meet Harry. She hoped to get to the Post Office before Harry, so she could owl her gift back to her dormitory room. It was quite big and she was having some trouble carrying it. She knew it would be impossible to keep it hidden from Harry once they met up again.

She was happy to see Harry wasn’t at the Post Office yet, so she picked out a large black barn owl and sent it on its way.

When she was done, she found Harry standing outside, waiting for her. He looked really cute with his black hair sprinkled with bits of snow and a little grin on his face. When he saw her, his smile widened.

“Let’s head to the Three Broomsticks and get a butterbeer” Hermione suggested.

“That sounds like a great idea.” The two of them headed down the road to the Three Broomsticks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - I know, another short chapter. I’m trying to get the story set up and all. Please R&R. Thanks! :-)
It's all there by Jaislin
Chapter 4- It's all there

Inside the Three Broomsticks was very crowded. Everyone from Honeydukes seemed to have migrated there. Harry and Hermione looked for an empty table, but couldn’t find one.
“What should we do? I don’t see anywhere where we could sit.” Harry had never seen it so crowded in there.

“I know it’s cold outside and all, but let’s order our drinks and have them out there. It’ll be fun.” Hermione wanted to be alone with Harry anyways.

“All right then, let me go get the butterbeers then we’ll head out.” Harry left Hermione standing there. She had been feeling differently towards Harry lately, but had been brushing it off. She didn’t want anything to come between her, Harry, or Ron.

Once Harry returned, they headed off to find a quiet spot to have there butterbeers. They found one near the Shrieking Shack. Because Harry and Hermione knew the secret behind the Shrieking Shack, they weren’t worried about “restless spirits” coming after them.

Leaning against a tree, Harry handed Hermione her drink.

“I have an idea.” and she lit a small fire, “now we will be a bit warmer.”

But there was really no need for the fire at the moment. The butterbeers warmed them all the way through.

“Hermione, what are you thinking about, you have been very silent throughout this visit. Is something wrong?” Harry was a bit worried. Usually she was quite talkative and seemed to be in space more the usual.

“Huh, what?” Hermione wasn’t really paying attention. She had been thinking a lot lately. So many things were going through her head. First, it was Harry, now Ron. Then there was school. She was always so busy with classes, and now O.W.L.S. were on there way. She was so lost.

“That’s what I mean. You haven’t been paying attention. What is it Hermione, you can trust me.” Harry wanted to know what was wrong. He knew she was usually preoccupied with school work, but this seemed to go beyond school.

Hermione’s eyes filled up with tears for the umpteenth time that day.

“Hermione, what is it. I know your upset about Ron.” Harry leaned over and put his arm around her shoulder. He didn’t like to see her upset like this.

“Harry, it’s all my fault. If I hadn’t come up with the idea that we go out on the lake, Ron wouldn’t be lying in the hospital wing unconscious. He would be with us...” Her voice died out.

Harry was surprised she felt like this. Hermione usually didn’t take things out on herself. He had hardly seen her this upset. She wasn’t the kind of girl who cried all the time. She was strong and at times stubborn, but that’s what he liked about her. She wasn’t afraid to stand up to Malfoy or even be with Harry when he faced Voldemort. There had to be something else bothering her, that went beyond Ron.

“Hermione, it’s not you fault. You know that. It just kind of happened. Even a time-turner couldn’t change it.”

She knew Harry was right, but she couldn’t help but feel a bit responsible for Ron’s fall. She leaned closer to him, soaking in the warmth.

Harry put both of his arms around her, wanting to get as close as possible.

“It’s not just that. It’s also you...” But before she could finish, Harry leaned in and kissed her. It was soft and sweet, just like she had imagined it to be. She leaned in closer wanting to be near to him, putting all the emotion she had been holding back for the past few months.

Harry was shocked at his own impulse. It felt so right though, with Hermione in his arms, her sweet scent of cinnamon spice filling the air around him. He gingerly kissed away her tears.

She felt so safe and secure in his arms. They were strong from quidditch, yet they held her gently. She ran her fingers through his black hair, something she had wanted to do for a long time. It was so soft. She realized they probably looked like one of the snogging couples she always found so repulsing. Now she didn’t care. The only thing she cared about was being with Harry, wrapped in his arms.

It wasn’t as though she had never kissed a guy. She had kissed a few. But none like this.

Harry noticed Hermione was breathing heavily. But then again so was he. Gently he separated them. When he looked into her eyes, they were sparkling and bright and her cheeks were red. But none the less, she looked happy.

And that’s how she felt. Hermione was beyond happy. She was floating, soaking in all the emotion of what just happened. She just kissed Harry Potter. Something she had thought of doing, but had pushed it back in her mind, forcing herself not to think about it.

“Wow.” was all Hermione could say.

“I can’t believe we just did that.” it suddenly hit Harry. He just kissed his best friend. It would be ok if they didn’t have another friend who was lying in the hospital wing, completely unaware of what was going on.

Hermione thought of that too. What were they supposed to tell him. That they went shopping, got a butterbeer, then snogged for about five minutes! Oh dear.

She was confused again. For five blissful minutes she was happy. Now she was back to the worries of the world.

“Harry, what are we supposed to do about Ron. He’s our best friend. We have to tell him.”

She thought back to a month before...

- - Flashback - -

She was helping Ron with his transfiguration homework. They were working on transforming a rabbit into a fluffy pillow. But the problem was, Ron’s rabbit kept on jumping away. They would catch it, and as soon as Ron pulled out his wand, it would jump out of their hands. While chasing the rabbit again, Hermione tripped over a book, and Ron, being so graceful, tripped over her. She looked up to see Ron staring at her. Suddenly he bent down and kissed her. She was shocked. Quickly she pulled away.

“Ron! What was that! What are we supposed to tell Harry.”

“I guess I didn’t think about that. It’s just, since second year I have always wanted to do that. Sorry.” Ron looked so guilty, his cheeks were matching his hair.

“It’s ok, just please don’t do that again. And let’s not tell Harry. I’m not sure how he would react.” Hermione knew Harry wouldn’t be too mad though. A bit shocked, but not mad. She didn’t know why she was afraid to tell him.


- - Present Time - -

“Ron kissed me” Hermione blurted out. She hadn’t planned on telling, let alone like this, right after she had Harry.

Harry was taken aback. Did she just say what he thought she said.

“He did what! And he never told me. you never told me.” he was shocked. And also a bit angry. How could Ron do this to him.

“I’m so sorry Harry. I was the one who didn’t want to tell you. It just kind of happened. We were working, I tripped, then he kissed me. I don’t know! I’m so confused.” And Hermione started to cry again.

“I never wanted to hurt you. It’s just with Voldemort back, and you could get hurt, or even worse, you could die. I don’t know what I would do without you.” She said between sobs.

“Shhhh, Hermione, it’s ok. I didn’t mean to snap at you like that. I was surprised, that’s all. It’s not your fault. As for Voldemort, I don’t know what will happen with me.” Harry took Hermione in his arms and held her there, trying to comfort her.

She just sat there, the floating sensation coming back. She cried into his shoulder, hoping he wouldn’t mind. Harry just sat there, both arms safely around her. He leaned over and kissed her on the head, letting the cinnamon fill him once again.

After a few minutes, Hermione started to calm down. She felt better, now that Harry knew what was wrong with her. She looked up into his face. It was full of concern.

“I must look awful.” Hermione could tell her hair was a mess and her face was red from crying.

“You look beautiful.” Harry smiled at her, then kissed her once more.

Hermione got up and ran around to the other side of the tree. She threw a snowball at his head. ::splat:: It hit Harry in the back of the head and his black hair turned white.

“Hey! What was that for!” But Harry didn’t care. He was glad to see Hermione herself again. He got up and chased after her. When he caught her, he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down with him into the snow. They lay there together, with tears of laughter down their faces.

“This has been so great. I don’t know what I would do without you Harry. I just don’t know what to tell Ron. I know we have to, but how? I think he will understand.”

Harry wasn’t too sure. He had seen him blow up a few times. But they had to tell him. Harry decided not to worry about it at the moment and enjoy being with Hermione.

“I think we should probably begin heading back to the castle.” Harry got up and held his hand out to Hermione. She took it and they walked hand in hand back to the castle. A light snowfall had begun.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
hope you liked it! R&R please! this chapter was actually longer! yay, now don't forget to review, it helps a lot and it's just so fun to get new reviews!!
Away by Jaislin
Chapter 5- Away

They arrived back to the school before anyone else. The common room was pretty much empty, except for a few first and second years. That didn’t matter to them though. They needed to discuss what to tell Ron.

“Hermione, I think we should tell him. He might not be the brightest wizard, but I think he might notice something strange if he sees us holding hands down the halls. It would be better if we were to tell him instead of him finding out like that.” Harry wasn’t too sure how Ron would take the news though. He had always thought that Ron might have some type of feelings for Hermione.

“I do too Harry. I don’t think I would be able to stand having him not know. He’s our best friend.” Hermione didn’t want to tell him though. She had made him promise not to tell Harry about when he kissed him. And now she had kissed Harry. It didn’t seem very fair.

“Let’s go see if there have been any changes in Ron. I really hope he wakes up soon, Christmas is only a week away, and I know how much he would hate to have been unconscious throughout the whole break.” Hermione let out a laugh. That sounded just like Ron.

“All right, I guess let’s go.” She was still uneasy, but she figured it was for the best.

- - - - - - - - - - -

When the two entered the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey tried to shoo them out, but after some persuasion, she allowed them to stay five minutes.

Ron looked about the same. Some color had come back into his cheeks, but he was still out cold. Hermione sat down next to him and took his hand. Harry put his hand on her shoulder and looked down at Hermione.

“Hermione, I don’t think we can tell him yet. We will have to wait.” Harry felt awful that Ron was still unconscious, but he was a bit glad that he didn’t have to tell him about what had happened with him and Hermione. This gave them some time to decide what to say.

“I guess Harry, let’s head back to the common room,” Hermione said.

Harry put down his hand and Hermione grabbed it, pulling herself up. Harry wrapped her in his arms and gave her a hug. She pushed away from him.

“What is it?” Harry asked Hermione.

“I don’t feel right about this. I need to go.” And with that, Hermione left the hospital wing, with Harry standing there stunned.

“Girls” he muttered under his breath, and left for the common room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hermione found herself being carried by her feet out the doors of the castle to a tree near the frozen lake. She sat down under it and leaned her head against it’s solid oak trunk.

‘What have I gotten myself into? First Ron, now Harry. This isn’t like me to go around and kiss my best friends,’ Hermione thought to herself. She was confused and needed some time to clear her head.

‘What am I supposed to tell Ron?” She know how mad Ron could get and she defiantly didn’t want to put their friendship in jeopardy, but there was no way she would be able to hide her feelings for Harry. He was so sweet and gentle, with his piercing green eyes that knew her so well.

She sat underneath the tree, knowing that she should go find Harry and apologize. She had seen the look on his face when she left him in the hospital wing. He had looked hurt and confused. She knew he had only been trying to help and comfort her, but that is what had started this whole mess.

Hermione slowly began to doze off and within a minute she was asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Harry had made his way back to the common room without any mishaps. He was a bit confused at why Hermione had left the hospital wing like that, but he knew he shouldn’t let that get to him. She had a lot on her mind and he figured it was probably good for them to be alone for a while. He walked up to his dormitory and fell back onto his bed.

“What am I going to do!” He exclaimed.

“About what?” said someone from the bed two down from his.

“Oh! Sorry, I didn’t know anyone else was in here,” Harry said. He saw Seamus Finnigan poke his out from his bed.

“It’s all right, I was just catching up on some of our charms homework. What’s up?” Seamus asked.

“Um, nothing really, I’m just, a, worried about the, um, upcoming Quidditch match, that’s all,” said Harry, trying to hide the guilty look on his face.

“Oh ok. I hope you don’t mind if I go back to my homework.”

“That’s fine, I think I’ll be going anyways.” Harry was very relieved that Seamus hadn’t asked any more questions. Now he had no choice but to leave and head somewhere else.

He headed out of the dormitory and began to walk, not knowing where he was headed. He soon found himself walking out the doors of the castle and out onto the school grounds. Harry spotted someone asleep under a tree and began to walk towards them, not know why he was heading there.

Harry saw a familiar bushy head peeping out from beneath a cloak.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - I know, much didn't happen in this chapter. It was mostly to show the tension there is in telling Ron about what had happened. Please review!
Some Kisses and Some Words by Jaislin
Chapter 6 -Some kisses and some words

Harry rushed over.

“Hermione, Hermione are you ok?” He shook her gently

“Huh? What? Oh, it’s you. I’m alright Harry, I must have dozed off.” Hermione lifted her head and shook the snow out of her hair. She looked up into Harry’s face and saw the concern in his eyes.

“It’s ok Harry, I’m fine, I really am. I came out here to think and fell asleep. I’m sorry about leaving so quickly earlier, it just didn’t feel right when you hugged me in front of Ron.”

“I’m glad to see you’re alright. I was worried about you.” The tension eased in Harry’s face. He leaned down and pushed the hair out of Hermione’s face and kissed her on the forehead. She put her head against his shoulder, inhaling his sweet scent of peppermint.

“I don’t know what to do Harry. I don’t feel right about us until Ron knows, even if he does get angry,” Hermione said into his shoulder.

Harry stroked her hair gently and said, “I understand what you mean. He needs to know, but what are we supposed to do until he wakes up? It may be a while and I don’t think I can stand not being able to kiss you.” He put on his charming smile and wrapped his arms around her.

“Oh Harry, I don’t know! I still say we shouldn’t do anything.”

“Alright, alright, for Ron. But can we have at least one kiss for the road?” Harry said smiling, with a twinkle in his green eyes.

Hermione looked up and put her lips against his. Harry gently leaned in and the kiss gradually grew deeper and filled with more emotion. All the feelings that were there when they kissed under the tree at Hogsmeade came back.

Hermione untangled her arms from under her and wrapped them around Harry’s back, pulling them even closer together. Harry slowly moved his lips from hers and softly planted some up and down her cheeks and down her neck. Hermione let out soft gasps as he did this. She let this carry on for a little bit then she gently pulled away, but not before meeting Harry’s lips one more time.

“Man, I don’t think I can go too long without doing that again,” Harry said, smiling.

Hermione gave him a playful shove and got up. She straightened her robes and put her hand down to Harry, helping him up. Once both of them were standing, she pulled him into a loving hug.

“Thanks Harry, I don’t know what I would do without you,” Hermione said, “let’s head back up to the castle now, my cloak is a bit wet and I’m getting kind of cold.

“Sure, whatever you want.”

They headed up to the castle and back to the common room

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once they arrived in their common room, it was filled with students who had returned from Hogsmeade. There was laughter being heard and students were warming themselves by the fire, talking about the upcoming Christmas feast and what had been bought while at Hogsmeade.

“Give me five minutes, I want to go dry off my clothes and hair.” Harry nodded and Hermione ran off to her dormitory room.

Harry took a seat in an overstuffed arm chair and waited. A small grin spread across his face as he remembered what had just happened.

“Why are you so happy, Harry? You just come from a snogging session or something?” asked Lee Jordan with a laugh.

“Oh, hey Lee. I was just, uh, remembering, um, the last Quidditch match. Snogging session, yah right!” said Harry uneasily.

“Sure mate, whatever you say,” and Lee walked away, back to a group of first and second years.

Harry went back to thinking about Hermione, when there was a tap on his shoulder.

“What do you want now?” Harry asked roughly.

“Oh, sorry Harry, I’m back.” Hermione appeared around the chair. She had put on dry robes and had dried her hair. She had also put on some make-up, a little cream eyeshadow and a bit of blush.

“So, what’s up? You look preoccupied,” Hermione said, pulling over a foot stool and seating herself in front of Harry.

“I was just thinking about you, and what had just happened.” another small grin spread across Harry’s face. Hermione reached over and gave him a playful punch.

“What do you want to do now? We have an hour until dinner,” Hermione said.

Harry got a twinkle in his eye and smiled.

“Harry! I know what you’re thinking! We can not go to the Astronomy Tower!” She exclaimed.

Harry let out a laugh. Then his face got serious and he said, “I think we should discuss what to tell Ron. Now Hermione, don’t look like that. We already have said that he needs to know. Now what should we tell him?”

“I’m not sure.” Hermione looked uneasy.

“Hermione, you don’t, by any chance, have or had feelings for Ron?” Harry looked at her.

“No, we have only just been friends, even if Ron did want to become more then that.” Harry could tell her tone was definite.

“Alright, I believe you. So I guess we will tell Ron about us when the time comes.”

“Sure, I guess. Would you mind if I go up to my room for a while. I have some things I would like to get done,” Hermione looked at Harry and he nodded. She got up and left to her room. Harry decided to do the same. He figured Hedwig would be there and he could use this opportunity to wrap Hermione’s present.

He walked up to his room to find Hedwig perched on his bed.

- - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - This chapter was mainly fluff, there's better stuff coming in the next chapter, don't worry. You guys know the drill, please review. I'm thinking of waiting until I get 10 or more reviews for this chapter, but we'll see how that goes. Enjoy :)
-Jaislin
An Emotional Rollercoaster by Jaislin
Chapter 7 - An Emotional Rollercoaster

In her beak was Hermione’s locket. Quietly he sat on his bed and closed his curtains, so no one would be able to peer in and begin to ask questions. Harry had locked the locket up in some paper before giving it to Hedwig and surly he couldn’t give it to Hermione like that. He got down from his bed and began to look through his trunk, trying to find a small box.

He spent five minutes searching. Finally he found a small box that had had some potions ingredients in it. He put the necklace in the box and conjured up some dark red wrapping paper with gold stripes. Carefully he wrapped it up and pulled some silver ribbon out of his wand. Wrapping it around the box, he then hide it inside his trunk.

- - - - - - - - - -

Back in the girls dormitory, Hermione also arrived to find the black barn owl she had sent with Harry’s present perched on her bed. Untied it from the owl and it flew out the window.

Harry’s present was already in a cardboard tube, so now all she had to do was find some paper to wrap it in. She muttered a quick spell, and some navy blue paper with silver snitches on it appeared on her bed. She wrapped the poster up and hid it under her bed.

She then headed back down to the common room, hoping to find Harry there. Sure enough, he was waiting.

“Let’s head down to dinner now, I’m starved! It’s been a while since the Three Broomsticks,” Harry said. Hermione nodded and they both headed out the door to the Great Hall.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After dinner a delicious dinner, the two of them decided to go see Ron again. To their dismay, there was no change. Madam Pomfrey quickly shooed them out and they both walked sadly back to the common room.

“I think I’m going to go to bed now, if you don’t mind Harry,” Hermione said.

“Sure, I don’t mind, I think I’ll do the same.” Harry and Hermione were standing outside the entrance to the common room and Harry looked around to see if anyone was looking. He leaned in and gave Hermione a quick peck on the lips, before entering through the portrait.

Hermione stood there for a second, then smiled, shaking her head and went into the portrait after Harry. She walked up to the dormitory and threw herself onto her bed. She let out a sigh and began to reply the events that had happened that day.

So many things, all squished into just one Saturday. She could hardly believe it. It all started with the three of them laughing and falling all over each other on the ice, then the next moment Ron was laying on the ground unconscious. Then her and Harry were at Hogsmeade and soon they were under a tree. A smile spread across her face as she remembered the feeling of being in Harry’s arms, and his kiss on her lips.

Hermione began to doze off, so quickly she jumped up, deciding to take a shower before she feel asleep again. She grabbed her towel and her warm fleece pajamas and headed to the shower.

She turned the water very warm and let it soak her tired body. She tried hard to forget the feeling Harry gave her, but she was having no luck. Hermione really hoped Ron would wake up soon, she wasn’t too sure how long she would be able to hold off on kissing Harry.

“No, I can’t think like this, I have to be the strong one, for Ron. I will not kiss Harry until he wakes up. I won’t I won’t I won’t!” Hermione thought to herself.

She leaned against the shower wall, exhausted. She shampooed her hair and stood there for a while longer, letting the warm water fall on her.

After she was done showering, she stepped out and towel off in her warm white fluffy towel. She put some lily scented lotion all over herself and slipped into her pajamas. Sleepily she climbed into her bed and feel asleep to the though of Harry’s arms around her.

- - - - - - - - -

Back in the boy’s dormitory, Harry was having a much harder time falling asleep. The absence of Ron’s snores made him feel alone and uncomfortable. He began to remember the kiss him and Hermione had shared at Hogsmeade. This made him feel a bit better. Slowly he drifted into sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next two days, Sunday and Monday, passed without any event. Christmas was coming up on Sunday and the Great Hall was already beginning to be deck out in all types of decorations. From tall Christmas trees that touched the ceiling to mistletoe hanging from every doorway.

It was Tuesday, and everyday Harry and Hermione had gone to visit Ron in the hospital. There had been no change and Harry could tell Hermione was really getting worried. She was quieter then usual and would go off without telling him.

“Hermione, let’s go see Ron again. Even though he’s not there, I’m still sure he can hear us. I’m sure he would like to know that it’s almost Christmas,” Harry said encouragingly to Hermione.

“No Harry, I don’t want to go. I’m tired of seeing what I’ve done to him. It is my fault he’s laying there missing holiday break. I can’t stand it anymore!” Tears of anger and grief were falling down her face. She began to turn her back on Harry when he grabbed her.

“It’s not your fault! Don’t ever say that! It was an accident!” Harry yelled at her. She was stunned at seeing him like this. But deep down she did know it was the truth. He had told her this earlier in the week.

“Harry, I can’t take it anymore. Everyday it’s the same. He just lays there. I know it’s Ron, but it’s not him. He’s not smiling or laughing or doing anything!” She sobbed into Harry’s shoulder. People had started to look to see where all the yelling was coming from. Harry had noticed that and quickly and quietly he pulled Hermione into a nearby empty classroom.

“Shh, Hermione, I know it’s hard on you, but it’s also hard on me too. He’s my best friend and I miss him like mad also,” Harry whispered to her, calming her down.

“Oh Harry, I’ve been so selfish! I hadn’t even thought about how this was effecting you too,” Hermione cried.

After she had finally caught her breath, Harry leaned in and kissed her. She began to respond back, but then pulled away before it got anywhere.

“No Harry, we can’t do this. Not yet. Let’s go see Ron, I don’t think we can sit in an empty classroom without anything happening between us,” She said, getting up.

“All right, let’s go then, if it’s alright with you.”

They left the classroom and headed to the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey was just about to try to shoo them out, but they looked so pitiful standing there, that she let them in.

An wonderful sight met there eyes. It was Ron, sitting up in his bed, eating a piece of chocolate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N - yay! Ron is here, nobody fear! Lol, hey, it's a rhyme. And a really bad one too. I don't know if this chapter is any longer, for all you people who keep telling me that they're too short, you know who you are. Reviews are much appreciated
-Jaislin
What by Jaislin
Chapter 8 - What

“Ron!” Hermione exclaimed. She ran over to Ron’s bed and grabbed him, crying loudly. Ron was a bit surprised.

“Uh, hello Hermione,” Ron said awkwardly, patting her on the shoulder, “it’s good to see you again. You too mate.” He looked at Harry and smiled.

“Same, so are you feeling better? You gave us a scare,” said Harry.

“Yeah, I’m feeling alright. My head hurts a bit, but not much. How much of break have I missed? I haven’t missed Christmas, have I?”

“No, it hasn’t been Christmas,” Harry laughed, “it’s Tuesday, you’ve been out since Saturday. Do you remember anything?”

“A bit. I remember skating and being on the ice with you and Hermione. I remember slipping, but that’s about it. Are you ok Hermione?”

Hermione was still clinging onto Ron. She was so relieved he was alright.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she said, wiping her eyes from the tears, “I’m just so happy you’re ok.” She let go of Ron and sat on the end of his bed. Harry came and sat next to her.

“Thanks Hermione. So, what have you two been up to since I’ve been, you know, gone?”

Harry and Hermione exchanged nervous glances. They still weren’t sure what to tell him.

“Um well, we went to Hogsmeade, and uh, just hung around the castle,” Harry said slowly.

“Oh come on, how was Hogsmeade? I’m sure it was really brilliant looking, being the holidays and all.”

“Ron, you see, at Hogsmeade, me and Hermione, kind of, um....” But before Harry could finish Hermione began to spit out everything that had happened.

“We were at Hogsmeade and we went to buy some butterbeers. Me and Harry decided to go out side because it was so crowded. We sat under this tree and I began to feel really guilty about you being hurt. I started to cry and Harry comforted me, like he always does. Then well, we kind of, um, kissed.”

Hermione saw Ron’s mouth drop open.

“We didn’t mean for it to happen mate, it just kind of did. And I liked it. I’m sorry,” Harry said, seeing the reaction in Ron’s face.

“What!? Did I just hear what I think I heard? You guys kissed! I can’t believe it. And after you made me promise not to tell Harry about when I kissed you, Hermione!? Some payback. So you guys really didn’t miss me, did you. You had a grand old time snogging while I was laying here out cold in the hospital wing.” Ron was a bit upset, to put it mildly. Then again, he kind of knew it was coming sooner or later. He had seen the way Harry looked at Hermione. But what got him the most is that Hermione had made him promise not to tell Harry about their kiss. And now Harry had gone off and kissed her. So maybe there just a tad bit of jealousy. He wasn’t sure.

“I’m so sorry Ron.” Hermione was crying again. She knew Ron was hurt and shocked by this.

“What are you sorry about? I’m sure you loved it,” Ron snapped.

“Ron, look, it happened. There is nothing we can do about it,” Harry said, trying to put some reason into him.

“What do you mean it “just happened”?! I’ve seen the way you’ve been looking at her ”“ but before he could finish, Madame Pomfrey came bustling in.

“How dare you work up my patient like that. He needs his rest. Out! Both of you out!” She shoved Ron down in his bed and stuck a piece of chocolate in his mouth. She pushed Harry and Hermione out of the hospital wing.

They stood outside the hospital door and Hermione began to walk away, her head down. Harry went after her and put his arm around her shoulder. She pushed away.

“No, don’t do that. That is what made this whole mess anyways. Just leave me alone for now.” Hermione had stopped crying. She looked so sad standing there. Harry wanted to do something to comfort her, but he knew that she needed a chance to be by herself.

“All right, I guess I will see you around then.” He turned and walked the other way down the hall, having no idea where he was going.

Hermione sank down against the wall onto the cold stone floor. She had seen the hurt in Ron’s eyes and knew he still cared for her. But she didn’t care about him in anyway except as a friend. She put her head in her hands, needing to think. She got up and began to walk the opposite direct that Harry had.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Harry had found his feet carrying him to a room, a room that he knew quite well. He pulled open the door and a sight of smiling faces met him. This was the Room of Requirements and he took a step inside. The faces that were laughing and smiling were his, Ron’s, and Hermione’s. There were picture frames everywhere, each one holding a different image of the three friends.

Harry took a seat on a big brown couch and picked up a picture of them during the summer of their fourth year. It was while the three of them were at the Weasley’s before they left for the Quidditch World Cup. They were sitting outside in the Weasley’s backyard drinking lemonade, laughing about something or another. We look so happy, Harry thought. He didn’t want the happiness to end.

Slowly he got up, knowing what he had to do.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - Hope everyone liked it. I know it was a bit on the short side, but considering I posted 2 chapters at once, will you forgive me this one time?

The story has now more or less moved out of the fluffy "what should we do" phase, if that makes sense. Oh well, all I know is that you guys seem to be liking it. I hope these two chapters sustains you all for a while.

-Jaislin
Places of Interest by Jaislin
Chapter 9 - Places of Interest

From the Room of Requirements, Harry headed back the way he came. He was going back to the hospital wing, though he wasn’t too sure that Madame Pomfrey would let him in, after the problems he had caused earlier.

No matter how slowly he walked, found himself standing outside the hospital door sooner then he had wanted to. He turned the handle to go inside and set one foot in. Just as he had expected, Madame Pomfrey came hurriedly to the door.

“Out. Your friend needs his rest.” And with that, she shut the door, leaving Harry standing there. Head down, he headed back to the common room. He couldn’t get the pictures of the three of them out of his mind. He really needed to talk with Ron, and he knew just how to do it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

From the hospital wing, Hermione had absentmindedly headed up to the Astronomy Tower. She sometimes went there when she needed to be alone and knew that Ron and Harry would never expect to go looking for her there.

As she sat on the ledge looking out the window at the snow frosted grounds, the memories of the past five years came back to her. She remembered the first time she met Harry and Ron on the Hogwarts Express. She had been a showoff, and she knew it.

She thought back on all the dangers that they had faced together. And Harry most of all. He had so much more dangers ahead of him. Voldemort was now back and was gaining strength. She was so worried for him.

Hermione didn’t know how long she sat there looking back on the past, but she didn’t care. All she cared about at the moment was not losing Ron, or Harry, as friends. They had been through too much together.

She sat there looking out the window, watching students out in the grounds, building snow people or skating on the ice. She wished that’s where she could be right now. Out there laughing and having a great time. But she wasn’t. She was caught between her two best friends.

After a while, she got down of the ledge and began to head out of the tower. She felt better. She knew now what she wanted and she went to go find it.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Back in the common room, Harry took a seat by the fire. It was deserted, except for a few third years who were playing chess. Everyone else was outside enjoying the snow. He was glad it was empty.

For some time he sat there, watching the flames dance. Then he felt soft hands cover his eyes.

“Guess who,” the voice said. Harry knew who it was. He took hold of the hands and found himself face to face with Hermione.

“Are you ok?” Harry asked.

“Yes, I feel much better. I just needed some time to clear my head and do some thinking.” Her voice was calm and steady, “are you ok Harry?”

“I think so. When I left I ended up going to the Room of Requirements,” he said in a lowered voice, “when I walked in, there were pictures everywhere. They were of us, Hermione, we were laughing and we looked so happy. I don’t want to lose any of that.”

“Me too Harry. I don’t know what I would do without you both.” She grabbed Harry and pulled him into a big hug.

“Let’s go get some dinner,” Harry said. Hermione laughed and let go of Harry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dinner was long over and everyone had gone to bed. Quietly Harry slipped out of bed and grabbed his invisibility from the trunk at the foot of his bed. Slowly he made his way down the hall to the hospital wing.

He silently opened the door and looked around, making sure there was no one in site. He crept to where Ron’s bed was and poked him.

“Huh, what. Who’s there?” Ron said, waking up. His red hair was going out in every direction and he rubbed his eyes sleepily.

“It’s me, I’m under my cloak,” Harry whispered.

“Oh, it’s you, what do you want,” Ron whispered back, a cold tone in his voice.

“I need to talk to you, but not here. Are you able to get away?”

“Sure, this had better be important though.”

Ron slipped under Harry’s cloak and Harry lead them out of the wing. An awkward silence followed them the whole way to the place where Harry was taking them to.

Finally they arrived to their destination. Harry turned the handle for the second time that day. The door to the Room of Requirements swung open, revealing the smiling faces once more.

Harry slid the cloak off them and saw the look on Ron’s face. His mouth was hanging in an O and his eyes were wide.

“What in the world““ Is all he got out.

Harry walked over and took a seat on the brown couch. He watched Ron walk around the room.

“It’s us Ron. I don’t want to lose any of it.”

“Me neither Harry, but what about Hermione. Do you love her?” Ron demanded.

Harry nodded slowly. Ron slumped down on the couch next to him.

“I guess I knew this was coming. I don’t know why I was so shocked. It will be different between us, you know that right,” Ron said with a defeated tone in his voice.

“I know. But I love her, I really do. There’s nothing I can change. I’m really really sorry that I hurt you because I know I did.”

“It’s ok, I’ll get over it. But promise me one thing, please don’t kiss or do anything like that in front of me for a while. It’s way too weird”

Harry laughed, “sure, all right, I’ll try not to.”

The two of them sat there for a while longer, and soon they were laughing like old times.

After about an hour or so Ron said, “I should probably be getting back. I don’t want to even think about the look on Madame Pomfrey’s face if I wasn’t in my bed when she came to check on me.”

“All right, let’s go,” Harry said, picking up the cloak and putting it over the two of them.

Once Ron was back in his bed, Harry headed up to his own bed, in the best mood he had been in for the past few days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for the wonderful reviews I'm getting. If you think anything needs to be changed or have any suggestions for me, I'm all ears (just so long as it's not "make the chapters longer", because I'm not going to go and rewrite the story). Now go out there and review this chapter!
-Jaislin
More or Less, Back to Normal by Jaislin
Chapter 10- More or Less, Back to Normal

The next morning Hermione woke up feeling refreshed. She got up out of bed, grabbed her clothes and took a shower.

After getting dressed and such, she headed down the stairs to the common room. She found Harry seated by the fire. He looked better then he had in days.

“Morning Harry,” Hermione said cheerfully.

“Hey Hermione, you look nice.”

“Thanks, you look happy today. I know I feel much better.”

“Well,” he began in a lowered voice. Hermione moved closer to him.

“I went and saw Ron last night, under my cloak. We talked for a long time. Everything is ok now. I think he’s starting to get used to the idea of us being together. He’s fine with it, but he made me promise one thing. We can’t kiss in front of him,” Harry finished with a laugh.

Hermione smiled and walked over in front of the chair where Harry was sitting. She put her hands on the armrests and leaned in, kissing Harry.

“I love you,” she said in his ear.

“I love you too,” he said, grabbing her around the waist and pulled her down into his lap. She leaned in, kissing him harder. She missed doing this so much. Suddenly the chair tipped, and they both landed on the ground with a thud. They were left sprawled out on the ground, Hermione on top of Harry.

“Wooo, sorry, am I interrupting something,” an embarrassed voice said.

“Huh,” Hermione looked up. Ron was standing there, his race the colored of ripe tomatoes.

“Oh, um, hi Ron. It’s good to see your out of the hospital,” Harry said awkwardly.

Hermione got up off of Harry, her face probably as red as Ron’s. Harry got up too, and righted the chair.

“If you want me to go, I can leave.” Ron began to turn around when Hermione ran up and gave him a hug.

“Don’t go, me and Harry weren’t doing anything, I swear. Is everything ok with us Ron?” she asked.

“Yeah, everythings fine.”

“I love you Ron. I love you as a brother. But I love Harry more then that,” she explained.

“I know, he’s a great guy. It’s ok with my if you date him. I couldn’t think of anyone better. But I must warn you, he snores,” Ron smiled.

“Gee thanks Ron. Now that she has your blessing to date me, can we go eat, I’m starving!” Harry said laughing.

“I love you guys!” And Hermione pulled them both into a big embrace.

“Hermione!” The boys said in unison. She let go of them and they headed out of the common room down to breakfast.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - short chapter, I know. This chapter was just a transition. Warning:: The next chapter will be the last one :( I love all you guy's reviews! Thanks so much :)
-Jaislin
Deck the Halls by Jaislin
Chapter 11 - Deck the Halls

Before they knew it, it was Christmas. They had spent the last four days outside in the snow and by the fire enjoying the holidays. Hogwarts school was decked out with decorations and the hallways were filled with holly and mistletoe. A few times on “accident” Harry and Hermione had been caught under it.

“Wake up! It’s morning! Happy Christmas Harry!” Hermione came bustling into the boys dorm and opened up Harry’s curtains on his four poster bed. She leaned down and kissed him on the head. Harry woke up and pulled her into a full kiss.

“Will you two love birds stop it! Your creeping me out,” they heard Seamus say while he peered around his curtain.

Harry and Hermione separated and she smiled at Seamus.

“Happy Christmas to you too Seamus,” she said. Everyone now knew about Harry and Hermione. They could be found walking down the halls hand in hand or kissing under some mistletoe.

“Same to you Hermione.”

She ran over and began to wake up Ron.

“I’ll see if I can fit you into my schedule,” he mumbled in his sleep. The whole room burst out laughing.

“What? Huh? What’s so funny?” a sleepy Ron asked.

“Nothing Ron, Happy Christmas,” Hermione said thought a fit of giggles.

“You too Hermione.” He got out of his bed and walked over to Harry’s bed and sat down. Hermione did the same. She pulled out her gift for each of them.

Ron grabbed his and opened the green wrapping paper hastily. Inside was a chess set.

“Blimey! It’s a muggle chess set! That’s wicked! Thanks so much Hermione. And for the chocolate frogs too,” Ron quickly opened it up and looked at the still pieces.

“Your welcome Ron. I had my parents send it to me weeks ago. Now it’s your turn Harry.”

She handed Harry his present and he began to open it up. Out tumbled the tube that the poster was in. He carefully slid the poster out and when it unrolled both Harry and Ron’s eyes widened.

“Holy cow! This is bloody awesome! Hermione, this is great.” Harry pulled her close and kissed her.

“Stop! Harry you promised! Although, I think I would kiss her too after a gift like that. That is so cool! It has every Quidditch team I’ve ever heard of!” Ron said, coving his eyes.

“Sorry mate.”

“It’s all right. I have something to tell you guys. I wasn’t able to get you anything this year. I’m so sorry. I was planning on getting everything at Hogsmeade last weekend, but I wasn’t able to. And money around the house is kind of tight at the moment.”

“It’s fine Ron. We’ll forgive you this once! Now on to our other presents!” Hermione grabbed another one and tossed it at him. Ron laughed and opened it. As always, it was another maroon sweater with a giant “R” on it.

Harry wasn’t going to give Hermione her present yet. He had an idea of what he was going to do.

They spent the rest of the morning opening presents. Later in the afternoon the three friends went outside and built a snow person. Harry tossed a snowball at Hermione. She balled up one to throw at him, but missed and hit Ginny in the head. Ginny looked up at Hermione, but she pointed to Ron. Ginny packed some snow together and through it at him. It hit a surprised Ron in the head. Soon, the whole school yard was in a snowball fight.

After the snowball war, the dripping wet students made there way into their separate common rooms. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all went up to their rooms to change.

“Would it be all right if I were to go off with Hermione for a while?” Harry asked Ron as they began to change.

“Sure, I guess. Are you planning on snogging her in the Astronomy Tower or something?” Ron asked.

“No, of course not. But it’s ok if we meet you at the feast in about an hour?”

“Yah, I’ll see you there.”

Harry put some dry clothes on and ran back to the common room, wanting to catch Hermione before she left anywhere.

Up in her room, Hermione was changing for the feast. She was busy drying her hair off and muttered a spell. Her hair dried instantly into soft curls that fell down below her shoulders. She smiled and put on a little bit of makeup.

She walked down the stairs into the common room to find Harry already there waiting for her.

“Where’s Ron?” she asked him.

“He’s still up stairs. He’s going to meet us at the feast in an hour. I have something I want to show you.” Harry had on a mischievous grin.

“All right, but I don’t want to miss the feast.” Hermione took hold of Harry’s hand and he led her out the door.

Down the decorated halls they walked, past caroling suits of armor and dancing lights that hung from the ceilings. Hermione had a faint idea of where Harry was leading her, but she kept her mouth shut.

He stopped at the door and for the third time that week he turned the handle. But this time smiling faces didn’t meet their eyes. This time there was a shine. Hermione let out a gasp.

The walls of the Room of Requirements were covered in what looked like diamonds. The light of the candles floating just below the ceiling danced off the walls, making rainbow reflections everywhere. It was like stepping into an iceberg, except without the cold.

“Wow,” Hermione gasped, “this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. She took a step inside and walked over to the small white sofa that was there.

“I take it you like it then. I wanted to show you it. It’s part of your Christmas present,” Harry said, taking a seat next to Hermione on the sofa.

“Its amazing. Thanks Harry.” She gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.

“This is the other part of your present.” He took out the gold and red wrapped present. Hermione took the gift and began to open it.

The box fell into her lap and when she opened the box the small heart shaped locket fell into her lap.

“Oh Harry, it’s beautiful.” Tears began to well up in her eyes. She was so happy.

“It’s not just an ordinary locket. It doesn’t store pictures, it stores memories, happy memories. It works a bit like a pensive. You put your wand up to your head and say aprender then place the tip of your wand inside the locket,” Harry explained.

Hermione couldn’t say anything, she was speechless. This was one of the most amazing gifts anyone had ever given her.

She leaned her body against Harry’s and their eyes met. They both leaned in and kissed under the dazzling diamond sky.

The End


- - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - That's it! The end has come, I hope you all enjoyed this story. You guys have given me some of the best reviews ever! I am still baffled by all the feedback I've gotten.

Now there will be no sequel, as far as I know. I may work on another story, but it's hard with school and all **dang highschool**. Thanks so much again for all the totally amazing reviews :)

-Jaislin
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=433