Getting to the truth by iceblue
Summary: Harry desperately needs to talk to Hermione and they decide to meet at the Millennium Eye. Chapter 23 up!
Categories: Harry/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: No Word count: 56054 Read: 94396 Published: 11/29/04 Updated: 07/23/05

1. Making Plans by iceblue

2. Chapter 2: Millennium Eye by iceblue

3. The vision by iceblue

4. Chapter 4: Ron's mistake by iceblue

5. Chapter 5: Guilt by iceblue

6. Chapter 6: What to do? by iceblue

7. Chapter 7: The Eros charm by iceblue

8. Chapter 8: Forgiving Ron by iceblue

9. Chapter 9: Dumbledore’s talk by iceblue

10. Chapter 10: Hermione’s fear and the plan by iceblue

11. Chapter 11: Getting to the Truth (part 1) by iceblue

12. Chapter 12: Getting to the truth (part 2) by iceblue

13. Chapter 13: Season magic by iceblue

14. Chapter 14: Discoveries by iceblue

15. Chapter 15: Unexpected by iceblue

16. Chapter 16: When time stops by iceblue

17. Chapter 17: The power of water by iceblue

18. Chapter 18: Earth and wind by iceblue

19. Chapter 19: The potion (part 1) by iceblue

20. Chapter 20: The potion (part 2) by iceblue

21. Chapter 21: First steps to forgiveness by iceblue

22. Chapter 22: Training and Talks by iceblue

Making Plans by iceblue
Chapter 1: Making plans


It was two weeks into the summer holidays, and Harry Potter was staying at number 4 Privet Drive. His last year at Hogwarts was his worst ever, his Godfather had died, because of him, he had nearly killed his best friends Hermione and Ron, along with Ginny and Neville. His conscience was kicking in and giving him a hard time, and to make matters worse Dudley his cousin was being more irritating than usual.

No one from the Order had contacted Harry in two weeks, not even Hermione who he thought he would be able to count on. He needed desperately needed to talk to her, but would she answer? He had to try. He got his best quill, some parchment and wrote a letter to Hermione …

Dear Hermione,
Haven’t heard from you in a while, hope everything is all right, just wondering what is happening. I know you can’t say much but please reply, need to know you are all right. I did not have time to talk to you after the Department Of Mysteries. I need to say sorry for nearly getting you killed, I am really, really sorry. I hope you can forgive my stupidity. There is something else I have to talk to you about, but can’t in a letter, is there any chance of meeting or taking on the phone? It really is urgent that I talk to you, only you can help me, please don’t tell Ron or anyone.

Love from Harry


‘That will do, Hedwig take this to Hermione and make sure she sends me a reply.’ Harry was talking to his faithful owl, he looked out of the window as she flew out of sight. It was now 10:40 pm, and as Harry lay in bed sleeping he had a weird dream…

***


‘Harry, please help, HARRY’ Hermione’s voice echoed through the Department Of Mysteries as Harry was trying to save the prophecy. As he heard her he turned around and saw that Hermione was about to be killed by Luscious Malfoy. ‘No’ Harry screamed as he ran as fast as he could towards to Hermione as the prophecy dropped to the ground smashing, but he did not care, he could not let his best friend die, she had always been there for him, even more than Ron. Yes Ron was great for talking about Quidditch but he did not know him as well as Hermione did. She knew him better than anyone in the world, he could talk to her about anything. He could not let her die. As he ran towards her he took out his wand as screamed ‘Avada Kavada’ at the top of his voice. Suddenly a bright green bolt of light erupted from his want and hit Malfoy in the chest, but was he too late, Hermione was lying on the floor, was she alive? Had his stupidity killed his best friend? As he skidded along the floor eventually stopping next to Hermione, he looked down upon her, took her hand and held it, was she dead? ‘Hermione, please don’t be dead, I could never forgive myself’ Harry whispered into her ear, suddenly her hand tighten around his, she was alive. He looked at her she opened her eyes, smiling at him and said ‘Thank you for saving my life’, ‘It’s ok, just glad you are all right’. As Harry said this he lent down and picked her up and carried her out of the department. Waiting fro them was Dumbledore…

***


Harry woke up from his dream by the sound of Hedwig. ‘Good girl’ Harry said as he took the note from her leg and read it…

Dear Harry,
Don’t blame your self for what happened to me, I am all right now (thanks to you). Don’t go worrying about it, it’s in the past. You must look forward and forget anything which has previously happened. I have not been able to contact you as Dumbledore said it would not be appropriate in case the owls are intercepted. I have arranged to see you, meet me tomorrow outside the Millennium Eye, London at 110clock. Can’t say anymore now.
Hope to see you tomorrow,
With love,
Hermione


Harry read this letter many times hoping to find a hidden message somewhere inside it, was he missing something, meet me tomorrow, was this all she could say? At least he would be able to meet up with her soon, and hopefully talk to her about all of the thoughts which were going through his head. Hermione was the only person in the world which he felt he could open up to, and trust.

As he finished reading the letter he looked at his clock it read 3:35, he needed to get some sleep, especially if was he was going to London. How was he going to get there, Vernon wouldn’t take him, he could fly, but it was too risky, then he had a thought he could use the Knight Bus, or what ever it was called during the day. Yes that’s what he would do. As he slowly fell asleep all he could think about was Hermione and getting some answers from her.

It was now 7:45 in the morning, and time to get ready to meet Hermione, but what was he going to tell his aunt and uncle, they would never let him meet ‘one of his freaky friends’ and his uncle would have put it. He could just leave, he normally went out for the whole day and didn’t return until night, he supposed this would be fine, they would never know.

***


I was 10:00 and time to leave, Harry left the house as usual, walked down the street and stuck out his wand. Suddenly a triple decked bus stopped in from of him. A man named Stan came out of the bus and greeted him ‘Hello Harry, where to today?’ As he went on the bus he was amazed as the bus did not have beds but rows and rows of seats which were all full. The whole bus seemed to be full.
‘Erm to London please, s close to the Millennium Eye as possible, do you know where it is?’
‘That big circular thing by the river’ Ernie enquired
‘Yes’ Harry replied
‘Yes we know where that is don’t we Stan, nearly knocked to bloody thing down when the first built it, luckily we stopped centimetres away from it’. Harry just smiled and went onto the second deck, as the bus began to move, they were going down a motor way, BANG, they were going through a housing estate, BANG, they were outside the Millennium Eye. As Harry departed he saw Hermione running towards him with her arms out wide, as she embraced him, Harry was having the strangest feelings, he felt like he wanted this to last for ever. Obviously it didn’t but as he looked into he big brown eyes he saw something which he had never seen before in anyone’s eyes. He saw compassion and love which he had never saw in anyone’s eyes, especially when they were looking at him.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story.
Chapter 2: Millennium Eye by iceblue
Chapter 2: Millennium Eye


Hermione reluctantly pulled away from Harry, as she could have stayed there for ever, but she had to know what was wrong with Harry. Harry was the one person she could talk to, the one person she trusted with her secrets and she could talk to him about anything without becoming embarrassed or wondering if he will tell someone. She knew that Harry felt the same way towards her and it was important that he said what he had to say.

“Do you want to go for a ride?” Hermione said to Harry looking straight into his bright green eyes, which she thought were the most beautiful in the world.
“What we waiting for” Harry replied as he walked towards the queue. The queue was extremely long, the estimated waiting time was 2 hours. Both Harry and Hermione did not care, they were both very happy just being together. While in the queue Harry and Hermione were joking with each other when suddenly Harry had a strange feeling, the most powerful feeling of love he had ever felt in his life. But how could he feel this way about his best friend. She was the most important person in his life. His mind was racing, all he could think about was her, those lovely chocolate brown eyes which he could stare at for an infinite period of time. When he looked into her eyes he felt he was going to explode with emotion.

He was brought back to earth by Hermione grabbing his hand and pulling him onto the Millennium Eye. After they got into the pod, and the ride started Harry moved over to Hermione who was looking out of the window admiring the view.
“Hermione” Harry said in a very sweet voice. As Hermione heard this, the hairs on the back of her neck stuck up. There was something about his voice, the way it was so soft and made her feel safe. She slowly turned around and made contact with the bright green eyes of Harry Potter. As she looked into them she was having the most wonderful feelings in the world. It was a feeling she had never felt before. It was love for another person. Not the sort of love you feel for a mother / farther or best friend, but the love you feel for the one person you would die for, want to spend the rest of your life with. At that moment in time Hermione just wanted to lean forward and kiss her best friend. But he was her best friend; he was nothing more or less. Why would he want to go out with her, Hermione Granger the book worm his confidant?
“Yes” Hermione replied while blushing after she realised she was staring.
“I need to talk about the Department of Mysteries, I can’t get it off my mind. I have not been able to talk to anyone about it. Only you will understand how I feel.” As Hermione heard her best friend and hopefully lover say this she walked over to him she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a very tight hug.

Harry’s mind was spinning. The feelings he had earlier were returning. It felt like nothing else in the world mattered. As long as Hermione and he were safe, nothing else mattered.

While Hermione was squeezing him very tight she had confirmed her feelings for Harry. She now knew that the feelings she was feeling were that of love. But how could she tell him. She did not want to risk telling him in case she lost her friendship with him. But was her friendship that important? Would she be able to be around him if he did not share her feelings? The most wise and sensible part of her was telling her yes, yet there was also a small part of her saying no. What should she do ignore her feelings or tell him. After debating she finally agreed with herself to tell him, and it had to be at that precise moment while she had the courage to do so.

“Harry stop, there is something you should know before you go on… I think I am in love with you.” With that Hermione turned away and realised how stupid she had been, the look on Harry’s face said it all. It was a look of utter disbelief, he looked confused and just stood there. Hermione had just said he loved him and what did he do? Just stand there. Hermione wished she had thought of a better place to tell him, she couldn’t run away, she was trapped inside a pod, which was not even half way around the wheel.

As what Hermione said sunk in Harry started to smile and his eyes glowed. She returned the feelings he felt towards him. She actually loved him. She said she loved him. Harry walked over to Hermione very slowly, he gently held her hand and turned her around. He was trying to say “I love you too.” But the words would not come out. So he slowly moved closed to her, he could feel her warm breath toughing his skin, he could smell the vanilla which he always associated with Hermione. He was so close he just leaned forward by the smallest amount, and there lips met.

Both Harry and Hermione were having the most intense feelings they ever had. Harry was feeling love like he had never felt before. No one in his life had loved him, but now Hermione Granger his best friend loved him. He could feel her lips glued to his as they slowly kissed, he wrapped his arms around her waist pulled her as close to him as he could. It was like electricity going through every nerve in his body; he felt so alive and wanted this moment to continue.

Hermione also felt the best she had ever felt as the one person she loved showed her how much he loved her back. She could feel his warm lips touch hers, the warmth of his body, and his hands around her waist pulling her towards him. She was having the best time ever. She wanted to kiss him forever.

Both Hermione and Harry had found the truth about how they felt for each other. As they were standing kissing very softly, like nothing else in the word mattered, they were stopped by a mans voice “Would you two love birds mind vacating the pod, people are waiting you know.”
Both Harry and Hermione went bright red, they had been kissing in the pod for over five minutes after it stopped. Everyone who was waiting was staring at them. They broke there kiss and Harry said “I love you Hermione Granger” in the sweetest voice Hermione had ever heard.

As they both left the pod hand locked around each others waist, they made there way to a park bench. They both had a lot to say to each other. Hermione started by saying “I love you Harry, no one else in the world matters as long as I have you.”
Harry felt touched no one had ever said anything like that to him before, he looked into her eyes and said
“You are the one good thing in my life, I want to protect you, you are the one person I would die for and I love you” as Harry said this Hermione broke down into tears, she knew she shouldn’t have as she had nothing to cry about but the intensity of the situated had taken over. She leaned forward and kissed Harry on the lips, only for a second and said
“What did you want to talk about” Harry had suddenly realised the reason for him going to meet her, but he did not need to talk to her about the subject anymore. He had all the answers he needed, he did not feel the need to apologise to her, as she had already forgiven him.

They both sat on the bench for hours just cuddling each other and hoping it could last for ever. But it couldn’t Harry had to go to his aunt and uncle’s, while Hermione had to go to her mother and fathers.
“When will I see you again” Harry said in a hopeful sort of voice.
“Very, Very soon” and with that she stood up and gave him another kiss and walked off to a car which Harry had just realised was there. Harry sat on the bench alone and thought of the day which he had. It was the best day of his life. He had something good in his life which would balance out all the hatred for Voldemort.

It was now very late and Harry stretched his hand out with his want in it, and the purple triple decked bus appeared. Once Harry was home he went up to his room and lay on his bed. He realised he had nothing to eat all day but this did not matter, as he was in love with Hermione Granger, and luckily his aunt and uncle had not missed him.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story.
The vision by iceblue
Chapter 3: The vision


Harry was in bed sleeping when he suddenly heard Voldemort’s voice in his mind “Let me in Harry, open your mind. Don’t try to keep me out, I will get in eventually!”

Harry tried as hard as he could to stop his entering, but he was too weak. As Voldemort entered Harry’s mind he could not see him, but he knew he was there. Even though he was sleeping, he could feel his scar burning with pain, the most pain he had ever felt. There was nothing he could do, he was neither asleep nor awake. Suddenly he heard the voice again.

“Well, well, well, Mr. Potter looks like you have found a soul mate. Hermione Granger, a pathetic know-it-all mudblood. Now … I have a proposition for you: Either you tell me where the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix is, or I go and kill that pathetic mudblood you have fallen for. You have two weeks, or you will never see her again.” With that, Voldemort left Harry’s mind, but Harry felt the most pain he had ever felt in his life. As he woke up his scar was burning bright green; it had never done this before. However, he needed to see Hermione, and could not worry about this. He needed to tell her what had happened, tell her to be prepared he needed to protect the one person he loved.

As he quickly got dressed, he had a horrible thought that caused his heart to sink: If I did not love Hermione, and she did not love me I would not be in this mess. It is my all my fault. It's bad luck to be associated with me. Every time I have someone to love, they are killed. There were my parents, then Sirius, and now Hermione. What am I going to do?

While he was pondering this, all he could think about was contacting Hermione. He needed to speak with her, but where? London? No too risky, we were just there yesterday, it needs to be a city, but not too big. I know, Newcastle, there are many shops, but it is not too big. Right -- but I still need to contact her, if I use an owl it could be intercepted, but there is no other way of contacting her, is there?

After Harry had gotten himself ready he went down stairs and went through the phone book until he found the one listing for Granger. It could be someone else but he had to try. Harry entered 0189 6582374, and listened to it ring. As it was ringing, he could not breathe. He was hoping she would answer.

“Hello, Hermione Granger speaking,” said the voice on the other end.

“Hermione is that you? It’s Harry,” he gulped.

“Harry, great to hear from you! I am missing you so much and just want to … ”

“Hermione, wait a minute," Harry cut her off. "I need to see you, it’s important, very important. I need to see you today. Are you able to meet me today?”

“Yes but why?”

“Can’t say over the phone but can you get to my house on a bus and we'll take it from there?”

“Yes, but what time?"

“As soon as you can. Oh, and, by the way, I love you.” Harry hung up as his uncle was getting out of bed.

After he had hung up, he got his shoes and coat on, and went out the door. It was a miserable day at Privet Drive; he thought it grimly funny that the weather matched his mood, as he was completely miserable. How was he going to tell Hermione, that yet again he had messed up her life? That the most powerful dark wizard was going to kill her? That he had to betray his friends to save her? But would that be so bad? At least he would have her ...

As he was thinking he heard a BANG, and the purple Knight Bus stopped in front of him, hitting Vernon’s car as it stopped. As the alarm started, Vernon came running down and was at the door, staring at the bus.

“What the bloody hell is that thing? What has happened to my car!” Vernon yelled.

As Stan got out of the bus, he used his wand to stop the alarm and fix the car.

“Those bloody freaky friends of yours again! Get that thing out of this street," Vernon yelled, shaking a finger at the bus and growing more red with each word he spoke. "What will the neighbours think, a big triple-decker purple bus standing outside my house. GET IT OUT OF HERE!”

Petunia and Dudley were puling Vernon inside for fear the neighbors heard him. Harry, on the other hand, was running towards Hermione was about to get off the bus, he grabbed her hand and dragged her back on.

“What the ... ” Hermione screamed as he was being dragged on the bus.

“Not now, I will tell you when we get to Newcastle.”

“Newcastle, why Newcastle?”

“I will explain, but let's get out of here.”

“Two to Newcastle upon Tyne please,” Harry said to Stan.

“Fine, take a seat.”

With that, the bus was off. In no time at all, they were in Newcastle. As they disembarked the bus, Harry and Hermione found a place to sit near the river.

“Why are we here?” Hermione said to Harry.

But he did not answer. He instead leaned forward and kissed her very slowly on the lips and said, “I have wanted to do that since we last met.”

Harry now felt it was time to tell Hermione the whole truth about Voldemort. As he told her, he could see her face turn -- he could see the fear gradually appearing in her eyes.

“But Harry, that means, that means … ”

“If I don’t tell him where the Order meets, he will kill you,” as he said this, he leaned forward and pulled Hermione into a tight hug. He wanted to be close to her, to comfort her; he needed to be there for her. After all, it was his fault. As they embraced each other, Hermione felt safe. Just being there, so close to Harry, she felt safe. She wanted to stay like this forever. As what Harry had said sunk in, she realised what it meant.

Still hugging Harry she whispered into his ear, “You can’t tell him, I don’t care what happens to me, you can’t tell him.”

“I won’t let him take you, I love you, you are the one person I would die for, and he will have to kill me if he wants to kill you.”

Hermione stared to cry when he told her this, she had just realised how much she meant to him.

“We need to tell Dumbledore -- he has to know, Harry.”

“Yes, but can we tell him tonight?" Harry's eyes gave away the desperation his voice did not. "I want to spend time with you alone. Just me and you -- like an ordinary couple.”

“OK then -- but just a few hours.”

As Harry and Hermione walked around Muggle Newcastle, they were having a great time. They could walk around and hold each other without worrying about people's seeing them. They could kiss each other in the middle of Northumberland Street, and nobody would care. They walked around lots of shops; Harry bought Hermione some dinner from Marks and Spencer so they could eat it outside. As they were about to start eating, Hermione took out some of her sandwich and put it into Harry’s mouth. Harry returned the favour; they sat and fed each and kissed and cuddled and laughed.

While Harry was feeding her, she could feel his finger just touch her lip as he placed the food into her mouth. She could feel the softness of his skin, it went through her whole body, and hairs on the back of her neck rose. She knew she was in love, and did not care that people were walking past them staring. The only person who mattered was Harry. She was experiencing love in its purest form.

When they finished, Hermione told Harry that they had better go and tell Dumbledore or someone from the Order what had happened. Hermione stuck out her wand, and the bus appeared. While on the bus, Hermione and Harry just held each other, happy to be together. As she sat there, she knew the time had come to tell Ron, but how? He had to know, he would be at the Burrow, the new headquarters for the Order. How could she tell him that his best mate and she were going out?

She did not have time to think as they appeared at the Burrow with a BANG. As they left the bus, Molly was running toward them.

***

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story, please read and review. I will not write the next chapter until I get more reviews.
Chapter 4: Ron's mistake by iceblue
Chapter 4: Ron’s mistake




As Molly pulled Harry into a tight hug he could see that she was pleased to see him but also angry.

“Harry, what are you doing here? You are supposed to be with the Dursleys. I know they are not the best Muggles in the world but Dumbledore has his reasons,” Mrs. Weasly said to Harry.

“I know but we need to talk to Ron and professor Dumbledore.” As Harry was saying this, he was gesturing toward Hermione. As Molly said hello to her, they walked toward the Burrow, and Ron came running toward them. Both Harry and Hermione looked at each other; Hermione was so scared, she looked as though she was going to keel over. Harry knew it was going to be up to him, he would just have to say it.

“Hi Ron,” Harry forced himself to speak normally not showing any signs of nervousness

“Hello, Harry, Hermione, great to see you.”

“Ron, Harry and I need to tell you something, but in private.”

As Harry, Hermione and Ron walked toward the garden, Ron knew something was wrong. They were both very quiet.

“Ron, there is something we need to tell you, it’s … it’s about … ” Harry was trying his hardest to tell Ron but the words would not come out. All of a sudden, Hermione blurted the whole truth out: “Ron, Harry and I have been going out for a few days now. Please let me finish, Ron. We did not mean for this to happen, it just happened. We really love each other and wanted you to be the first person we told.”

While Hermione was saying this Ron’s mouth dropped open. He could not believe what he was being told. His two best friends were seeing each other secretly, and were going out. Harry always knew he fancied Hermione, but it was obvious he did not care about him. All he could think about was how angry he was at both of them.

Ron was becoming angrier by the second, he could not get his head around this. Before he knew what he was doing, he ran towards Hermione and punched her in the centre of the chest. She fell to the floor, with Harry running towards Ron. He would not let Ron hurt Hermione. He did not care how angry Ron was he had no right to punch the person he loved so deeply. When Harry reached Ron, he tried to hold him back. But Ron was enthralled in rage and was too strong. He was beating the life out of Hermione. She was screaming for Harry to help her. To save her. It was the most pain she had experienced. Her chest felt like it was going to explode. The pain was immense. She saw Arthur, Molly, Fred and George running toward them. They all stunned Ron, and Harry lay down beside Hermione wiping the tears off her cheek and holing her hand.

The stunning spell wore off and Ron jumped up, shouting, “You Mudblood scum, get out of this house, leave and never come back! I never want to see you either of you again! You call yourselves my friends! What type of friend does this? You are both scum!”

All of the Weasleys were astonished at this comment. Hermione was lying on the floor clutching Harry’s hand for dear life. The pain was immense, but she could feel Harry move towards her and put his hand on her head and whisper into her ear

“Everything will be all right, I will look after you. Sorry. It’s my fault”

As he said this Molly ran to Hermione and said they needed to go to St. Mungos, but Hermione protested and said she wanted to go home. Molly refused. She said they would stay at the Burrow. Both Hermione and Harry said they would never stay there while Ron was there. Harry picked Hermione up and carried her in his arms. He could feel her pain, it was strange, just by looking into her eyes he could see the pain she was in. It was like there was a connection between them.

He did not know were he was going to go, but anywhere was better than being with Ron. Hermione could not move she just lay there in Harry’s arms. She felt safe and secure; she knew that he could not have done anymore than he had. She could remember the look on Ron’s face when they told him. He was so angry he had beaten her up very badly.

Arthur was running to catch up to Harry, followed by Dumbledore. Harry wondered how long he had been there. Harry had not noticed him.

“Come with me Harry, we can help her,” Arthur pleaded

“We will not go anywhere he his,” Harry said, gesturing toward Ron, who was being yelled at by Molly.

“Come with me Harry, back to Hogwarts. Madam Pomfrey can look after Hermione and we can talk,” Dumbledore said this in a voice to which Harry could only answer yes.

***


When they arrived, Madam Pomfrey gave Hermione a special potion to relieve the pain, she had five broken ribs and a broken nose. She was in immense pain. While Harry was looking at her all he could think about was how he should have stopped this. He should have been able to stop Ron from causing her so much pain. As she looked at him, she knew what he was thinking and just managed to say

“It’s not your fault; Ron should not have reacted like that. I never knew he felt that way toward me.”

“It is my fault; I should have protected you, if I can’t protect you from Ron how will I manage to protect you from Voldemort? I love you, Hermione and seeing you being hurt like that made me angry and I wanted to help you” Harry said this not noticing Dumbledore had walked into the ward.

“Harry I love you too, I do not blame you for this, there was nothing you could have done,” Hermione blushed as she realised Dumbledore had heard all of this.

“Harry, you said you needed to talk with me, could you come up to my office?”

“Sorry Sir, but I want to stay here. Could we just talk here? Hermione knows everything.” As Harry said this, Dumbledore moved his wand and a very comfortable chair appeared from nowhere. As Harry begun to tell Dumbledore everything about what had happened including his new relationship with Hermione, Dumbledore just nodded. When Harry had finished they were all quiet, no one spoke a word.

Dumbledore broke the silence by saying, “You and Hermione will stay here for the rest of the holidays, along with Hermione’s parents. This is the safest place for you all. Harry, you will have to learn Occlumency, I will teach you now. This is for your own safety as well as Hermione’s. Both of you will stay in the head boys and girls common room and dormitories until something more permanent can be arranged. Hermione will be taken there shortly. You are not to leave the common room in any circumstances. Do you understand, Harry?”

Harry just sat there taking it all in. He would have to stay in the one place for the whole summer. However, he had no choice.

“I understand professor; I will do what you say.”

“Fine, I will escort you and Hermione to your new quarters at once.”

With that, Dumbledore levitated Hermione up from the bed and to the common room. There were stone gargoyles moving around the outside of the door, which looked like those used when Sirius was thought to be trying to kill him. All of the windows had been blocked up by magic to stop people entering. The only disadvantage was that there was not natural light, but he knew it was for their protection. The whole place was like Fort Knox.

***


Meanwhile at the Burrow Ron was being shouted at by Molly
“How dare you call Hermione that name! You call yourself a Weasly you are pathetic Ronald Weasly. Can you not be happy for them? Are you so selfish you cannot see that they are happy? They came here to tell you first, and you repay them by doing this. Get out of my site Ronald Weasly. Get to your room and think about what you have done! You stay there until we tell you otherwise. Now!”
As she was saying she Ron broke down into tears, he was standing there tears running down his face. Ginny was standing there also very angry with her brother. Even though he was crying and was obviously ashamed at what he had done, she had to say something to him.
“Ron, you had no right to do what you did. Hermione loves Harry; she has told me many times. She loves him not you. Get that fact in your head. You have just proved what you really are, just like Draco. No matter how angry and hurt you felt you had no right to say or do what you did to her. You are the most selfish person I know and don’t talk to me!” Ginny said this and stormed off into the house, she was now crying because of the image of Hermione looking so beaten up. Her nose was bleeding and her face looked like she was dying. She could not believe that her brother could have done this. Both Hermione and Harry had come to tell him that they had strong feelings for each other. She stormed into her room and slammed the door. She lay on her bed hoping that Hermione would be all right.

Ron was now feeling even worse after what Ginny had said. He thought he could not feel any worse. He knew what he had done was wrong, but when they said that they were in love he, felt betrayed. He had loved Hermione for a long time, but never felt it was the right time to tell anyone. Now Harry had beaten him to it. What was he going to do; Hermione, Harry and his whole family hated him. As he went to his room, he just lay on his bed hoping that Hermione would pull through. He would give anything to go back in time and stop himself making the biggest mistake of his life.

***


Back at Hogwarts, Harry never left Hermione’s side for days. She was gradually getting better. Although she still could not get out of bed, Harry was always there to help her. He had been so sweet toward her; she knew that he really loved her. She wanted to feel his lips on hers, to feel his touch, but he was too scared that he would hurt her.

Hermione’s parents had arrived at Hogwarts and were in a separate part of the castle. They were also at Hermione’s side all day. Harry and Hermione would talk, not mentioning Ron, but about many things mostly about what they wanted to do when she was better.

After about a week, Hermione was back to full health. She and Harry were not allowed to leave the common room, but this did not bother them. They were happy just sitting there kissing each other. All the time she was lying in the bed, she wanted to feel Harry’s lips on hers. When they first kissed after she was better, it was like the first time they kissed on the Millennium Eye. Hermione could feel his lips on hers. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up again. She could feel Harry’s tongue meet hers. It was the best feeling ever, she never wanted the moment to end. There lips were locked; Hermione had her hands around Harry’s neck and was pulling him as close as she could. She could feel his heartbeat, and she heat coming off his body. Hermione felt secure and like nothing else mattered.

Harry was also having the best time of his life. He had met Hermione’s tongue and was exploring her mouth. The taste of her mouth was exhilarating; it was the first time they had done this. He was enthralled in her; his hand was cupping her bum, and feeling it. Hermione was letting out small moans of pleasure. They were so engrossed in each other they did not see Hermione’s parents and Mrs weasly enter the room.

“Cough, excuse me” Mr Granger said seeing Harry’s hand cupping his daughter's bum.

---

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story so far please review!
Chapter 5: Guilt by iceblue
Chapter 5:Guilt



Both Harry and Hermione turned around extremely quickly at this comment. They had not seen the adults enter the room. They were both bright red and Harry had just realised where his hand was. He quickly removed it and they were all standing there looking at each other.

It was obvious that Mr and Mrs Ganger were very surprised to see their daughter in this situation. They did not know what to say. Harry broke the silence
“Sorry, we did not know you were there” As he said this he blushed even more as he saw the face on Mr Grangers face. However, what would you expect he had just walked in when his daughter was tonsil wrestling with her boyfriend, which she had been going out with for a few weeks.
“What do you think you are doing, it is a good job we walked in when we did! Who knows what would have happened.”
As he said this Harry held Hermione’s hand, he could feel the sweat in the palm of her hand. He was sure she could feel the same thing. What do you say to that? Harry thought. Both he and Hermione just stood there frozen to the floor, they were embarrassed, especially Hermione as it as her dad.
“We are very sorry; you should not have seen that. Nevertheless, we are in love and we will be doing things you are not overly happy about. This is our common room and you just entered without knocking” Hermione was interrupted by her Farther
“We did not expect to see your lips locked together with his hand around your posterior. Would you like to explain your actions Mr Potter?” With that, Harry started to speak very slowly choosing his words very carefully
“Mr Granger, I am very sorry you saw that, I hope you know I love your daughter very much and I would not force her to do anything she did not want to do” As Harry’s words sunk in Mr Granger slowly walked over to his daughter and said “Do you feel the same about him? Do you love him?”
Hermione took hold of Harry’s hand and told her farther she loved Harry deeply and could not bear to live without him. This seemed to satisfy him and he began to laugh.
“What the…” Hermione gave her parents a dirty look.
“You think we were not young? We knew what you would be doing, it is a joke! We know you and Harry love each other. Harry proved this by not leaving your side for a week, we know you will do things we should not know about, just promise us you will use protection.”
Both Harry and Hermione blushed, they were both protesting at this comment, saying they would never do that, they had just stared going out. However, Mr and Mrs Granger did not say a word they just sat on the settee and laughing and smiled at the couple who were obviously embarrassed.

Mrs Weasly eventually spoke,
“Harry Dumbledore needs to talk to you it is about Voldemort. He will be here in a few minutes. You will need to see him alone. He has a plan I am very sorry about what Ron did. He had no right, non at all. I want you to know we do not condone what he did, he is being punished.”
Hermione started crying and ran up to her room. Harry ran after her, she was crying, but there was something else other than anger. Harry reached her and wrapped his arms around her,
“Hermione, I know you are upset with Ron but you can’t get upset by this.”
“Harry, I…I hate Ron, I feel as though I would not care if I never saw him again. All I can think about is him standing above me kicking me. Every time I close my eyes, he is there. I hate him so much. I no it’s wrong, but I want to kill him.”
“I know Hermione, I feel the same, don’t feel ashamed, and he had no right to do what he did. Please believe me no one would blame you for the way you feel.” Harry hugged Hermione tightly and dried the tears from her cheek with his thumb. Hermione smiled, this made Harry’s heart melt. Something about her smile made him forget everything.
“I don’t think I will be able to forgive Ron, I want to but after what he did to me I just can’t. I am afraid if I see him, I will do something stupid. I should not feel like this, he was not thinking but I can’t help the way I feel.”
“No one would blame you if you did. He deserves it, he needs a good kick.” Hermione smiled at Harry
“Just forget about him, I want to concentrate on you and me” with that she pulled him close and gave him a passionate kiss, she loved him and as long as she had him nothing else mattered. They walked down the stairs and entered the common room.


***


Meanwhile back at the Burrow Ron had not left his room; he was so ashamed that he had beat up his best friend. The look on Harry’s face when he was leaving made him want to die. He felt so bad. None of his family had been to see him; food would be left outside his door. He was left alone, they did not want to see him, and they were ashamed of their son. He was just feeling so much pain, sadness and guilt. It was all building up inside of his he needed to do something. Something, which would make him, feel better. He took out his wand, stood up, and prepared himself for what he was going to do. If Hermione and Harry both hated him, there was no point in living. He was always second best to Harry, it was the same with his family, his own mother loved Harry more than him. When ever Harry was around he was ignored. Why was Harry Potter so much better than him? He answered his own question “ he is the famous Harry Potter and Hermione is just after fame. He now hated the both of them; they always thought they were better than him, always talking to each other. In a matter of minutes Ron had changed his whole perspective from feeling ashamed to hating his two ex best friends. After he thought long and hard he decided, he had nothing to live for. He was at the lowest point, he could see no way out of the situation, he pointed his wand straight at his chest and screamed at the top of his voice
“Avarda Kavarda” As he finished the incantation, a green fog appeared from the end of his wand. He was not strong enough. Even though he was not strong enough to kill himself he fell to the floor. Just before he fell to the floor he thought
“I can’t even kill my self, I am pathetic no wonder Hermione chose Harry.”

Mr Weasly and Ginny ran into his room, they heard what he said, they were horrified. When they saw him lying there they thought he was dead.
“Why did he have to do this?” Arthur said as he was lying near his son’s body. As he was there, he could fee his breath.
“He’s not dead, Ginny he’s not dead! We have to get him to hospital” the look of relief, which shot over Ginny’s face at this news, was immense. She did not like what he had done to Harry and Hermione but did not want him dead.

They hurried to St Mungos, they were sent to the ‘Mentally unstable department’ where Ron was placed on a bed. The healers said he would come round, but they did not know when. He was in a bad way. The curse was not strong enough to kill him, but was strong enough to cause serious internal damage.

“Ginny you stay here in case he wakes up, I will have to go and tell you mother”
Ginny stood up and gave her farther a hug, they did not speak. They could see the pain, which they were feeling. As Arthur left Ginny sat beside her brother praying that he would get better.

***



As Dumbledore appeared in the room, he led Harry up to his dorm.
“Harry, you are going to have to give Voldemort the location of the head quarters of the Order of the Pheonix…”
“I can’t do that, I can’t tell him where it is!”
“Now Harry, do you think I would tell you to do something which would put the Order in danger? Over the past week you have become very skilled in Occlumency. When Voldemort enters your mind in 6 days, you will tell him where the Order is, but you will tell him it is here. As long was you do what we have talked abut he will not be able to tell you are lying. There is more to this than meets the eye Harry. But I can’t say it is better if you do not know” With that Dumbledore led Harry back to the common room. As they got to the bottom of the stairs Arthur burst into the room.

“Molly, it’s Ron, he at St Mungos… tried to… kill himself. Used Avarda Kavarda on himself”. Both Molly and Hermione gasped. Hermione and Harry felt guilty because of what they had said earlier. Hermione didn’t mean it did she? No she did not she was angry and upset. However, what if she had, she needed desperately needed to talk to Harry. He was the only one she could trust. She was brought back down to earth with the sound of Arthur’s voice
“Molly he is not dead, he was not strong enough to kill himself. But he is in a bad way. You had better some with me.” Molly ran towards her husband, and they left. Harry went over and sat next to Hermione. She was crying her heart out
“It’s all out fault; he wouldn’t have done it if it wasn’t for us. After what we said earlier I feel so bad. What if he jinxed him or something. We should be supporting him, it is obvious he is not well.”
“It’s not our fault, Ron did this to himself. You of all people do not believe we jinxed him. You have every right to feel the way you do.” Harry said this in such a way Hermione had to believe him. She felt better, Harry always knew what to say to make her feel better.

As they, both sat there, Hermione slowly sobbing into Harry’s chest. The adults had left the room earlier with out them noticing. Both Harry and Hermione fell asleep on the settee cuddling each other. They loved each other so much, but their best friend hated them, they had upset him so much he wanted to take his life. How could they live with them selves? They had driven him to suicide. No matter what either of them said to each other, they both knew they had caused all of this. This thought was going through both Harry and Hermione’s head as they fell asleep.

Hermione was the first to wake; she found that Harry held her in a tight embrace. She did not move or wake him. She lay there enjoying the felling of Harry’s body rubbing against hers. She was now feelings guilty, Ron was lying in hospital on the verge of death and here she was with Harry’s arms wrapped tightly around her stomach feeling great.

When Harry woke up, Hermione turned around and faced him. The couple were centimetres apart, they looked into each others eyes. Harry was lost in those big chocolate brown eyes he loved so much. He gently moved forward and gave Hermione a gentle kiss on the lips. After this Hermione said
“What a way to start the day.” And with that she lay on top of Harry and kissed him passionately. They lay there ¾ of an hour kissing, and touching each other. Hermione could feel the muscles on his chest and was breathing heavily. Harry was again touching her bum, but this time had a hand n her chest. Hermione didn’t seem to mind. They finally stopped before it got too far. They both agreed not to rush things.

They were both so in love. They wanted to be together all of the time. Hermione broke the romantic atmosphere by saying
“Do you think Ron is all right?”
“He’ll be fine, don’t worry abut him, just forget.” Harry replied full of confidence.
“Will he ever accept me and you?
“Even if he doesn’t I love you and would do anything for you. If that means not being friends with Ron that is fine with me. You are the one person which matters in my life.”
Hermione smiled at him and said
“I love you Harry James Potter” she gave him a kiss on the cheek and got up from the settee, Harry noticed what cloths she had on, a very tight pair on pants along with a very small top, which was cut at the arm. He was thinking that she looked great and could not believe his luck. He knew that she loved him and he loved her with all of his heart, no matter what Ron would say.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story so far please review! (Thanks to everyone who has reviewed so far. It really means a lot!)
Chapter 6: What to do? by iceblue
Chapter 6:What to do?



Mr. and Mrs. Weasly arrived back at the hospital; Mrs. Weasly started crying when she saw her son lying helplessly. She was unable to help him. Arthur put his arm around her to comfort her. They sat at the bottom of his bead; the head healer arrived and spoke to them

“We have run some tests -- the next week will be crucial," he said. "We are busy making a potion that will secure his recovery, but it will take a week."

Mrs. Weasley whimpered.

The healer took a breath and continued, "He keeps saying the names 'Harry' and 'Hermione.' Now, we are not certain if he can hear in his unconscious state, but we think he probably can. Would it be possible for this Harry and Hermione to see him? It could help his recovery. Could even save his dwindling life.”

“Well you see, it’s complicated,” Molly said to the healer.

“I do not wish to sound rude, but do you want your son to live?" the healer sounded impatient. "If you do, you will do what ever you can to get them to visit him.”

With that, the healer left the room. Molly just stared at her son’s limp body lying on the bed. He was so pale; he had no colour in his cheeks. When she felt his hand, he was ice cold, he had no sign of life. He looked dead. The only way she could tell he was alive was his slow breathing, which sounded dreadful. Each breath he drew was worse than the first.

He kept mumbling phrases like, “Hermione … I ... I … ashamed,” and “Harry … sorry.” At this, Mrs. Weasly started to cry, as he was truly sorry for what he had done. She had been too hard on him. He had been angry and blinded by it, and had not known what he was doing. She turned toward her husband.

“Arthur, I going to see Harry and Hermione, to see if they will see him. I will beg if I have to," she said. "I cannot let him die. He’s my son; I love him, Arthur, even if he is a stupid prat at times.”

With that she gave her husband a strong hug and turned toward her daughter and said good-bye.

***


Hermione went up to her dorm; she wanted to be alone, to think about what had happened. Everything went by so fast, she could hardly believe it. She had had no time to process the events, which had taken place. She changed into her nighty, which was very short and had a picture of a Griffin on it; she hoped her parents would never see her in it. She slowly sank into her king-sized bed and looked around. The whole room was painted Gryffindor red and gold. A tall wardrobe stood in one corner, an elegant vanity table next to it. The room was very big. As she slowly curled up on top of the covers, she thought about Ron and what he had done to her.

He had nearly killed her. Why? Because she was going out with Harry. She could not help who she fell in love with. And she loved Harry, with all her heart.

Ron had said many times that he loved her, but she pushed him away saying there was someone else. But was that the problem. She had not been honest with him; every time she pushed him away, he would look so hurt. She decided he must really love her. But she could not return those feelings. The only one she loved was Harry James Potter, and he loved her -- he really loved her, she was sure of it.

At this thought, her mood changed, she was feeling angry and upset because of Ron's actions. But the thought of Harry made it all better. Knowing that, no matter what, he loved her. No matter what she did, he would be there for her. When she thought about Ron again, her previous feelings returned. Feelings of anger, pain and sorrow. How could she feel guilty about what he had done -- it was not her fault, after all. Was it?

Both Harry she had told him in the best way possible given the circumstances, yet he still lost it. With the thought of what he had done for her, she began to cry. No matter what she told herself, she still felt responsible.

There was a knock at the door, and Harry entered. He was shocked to see Hermione in this state. She was barley covered; he could see her pink frilly knickers under her nightly, and he thought he was going to die with embarrassment. Hermione noticed this and blushed. Drying her tears, she got up, slowly walked over to him and said, “You have nothing to be embarrassed about, I love you.”

Harry pulled her tight toward him; he placed his hand on her bum again. This time it felt different. He could feel the warmth through her knickers, the soft fabric that was clinging tightly to her skin.

She in turn was feeling his chest it was so firm and felt so good, but she wanted to talk. She whispered into his ear, “Not now. I want to get things with Ron sorted. I need to talk to you.”

Harry slowly removed his hand from her bum, turning around to make sure that Mr. and Mrs. Granger were not standing there. He was relieved when they weren't but stunned to see Mrs. Weasly. To his amazement, she wase crying smiling at them. She knew they really loved each other, that they were meant to be together. Nevertheless, she had to get them to see Ron.

Both Harry and Hermione blushed; Mrs. Weasly had heard everything -- not to mention she'd seen Harry feeling Hermione's bum.

“Sorry, you two, but I need to talk to you. It’s about Ron.”

“How is he?” Hermione said, sounding concerned. “Will he be all right?”

“That’s what I need to talk to you about. You see, the healers say he will be OK as long as he makes it through this week. I know it is a lot to ask, but he keeps saying your names ... would you ... be willing to ... come see him?”

Harry took a sharp tone, “Yeah, probably trying to curse us or something.”

Hermione shot him a stern look that told him he had said preceisely the wrong thing.

“I’m sorry ... that was uncalled for,” Harry quickly recovered.

“It’s all right dear," said Mrs. Weasley. "You must feel angry. But, you see the healers say if he is to make it, you have to go and see him. They say you could help to make him better.”

“But how?” Hermione said, looking shocked. Could she look at Ron again, let alone forgive him? Would Harry be able to do this? After all, he had had to watch as his best friend beat up his girlfriend.

“I do not know the details; they will probably tell me when you give me an answer. I will go down to the common room and wait for your answer.”

Molly went down the stairs, leaving Harry and Hermione in each other’s arms, looking at each other. They were lost for words. Hermione broke the silence by crying. She had been doing this a lot recently. Harry grabbed her tightly and said he would do what she thought best.

“Can we go on the bed? I need to talk to you.”

Harry led Hermione onto the bed. She was very tired; her legs suddenly gave way, and Harry caught her just in time. She was in his arms in no time. She felt the urge to kiss him, but resisted. She needed to talk to him. He gently placed her on the bed and lay beside her, looking into her eyes. They were bright red because of the crying she had been doing. Harry did not care; he just gazed and decided she was beautiful even when she was crying.

“Harry, I feel responsible for what happened to Ron," she said. Harry opened his mouth, but she quickly continued, "No, Harry, let me finish. About a year ago, Ron came up to me and said he loved me. I was taken aback; I turned him down because I loved you. Nevertheless, he persisted; I told him I loved someone else -- but not who it was."

She drew in a breath to quell a new set of tears that were forming. "I knew then that I loved you but just never knew how to tell you. Do you now understand how it’s my fault?”

Harry was still looking into her eyes, he never left her gaze. He loved her; he did not care about what happened in the past. As he thought about it, he realized whose fault it really was; he had finally found the truth.

“Hermione," he said gently, "the truth is that its Ron’s fault. Had he listened to you and respected your feelings and moved on, this would never have happened. It is he who should be apologising to you -- not the other way around. It is not your fault. You have to believe me and stop blaming yourself.”

Hermione was not sure what to say. She started crying and lunged onto Harry, her head on top of his shoulder, sobbing. Harry was startled to realize that Hermione was not wearing a bra; he could feel her through the thin cloth of her nighty. He silently scolded himself. He had to stop thinking like this -- he was supposed to be comforting her. He placed his arm around her back and hugged her. He whispered into her ear very softly, “Do you want to see him?”

“Yes,” she replied even softer. “I could not forgive myself if he died. I know what he has done is wrong, and I may never be able to truly forgive him. But I can’t see him die -- not after what we have been through together.”

With this, Harry pressed his lips against hers, he rubbed his tongue along her lips, he moved his hand up her top and felt her bare chest. She suddenly pulled away from him. Her face was red.

“Harry, I’m sorry, I love you very much, but I want to wait. Wait until this is sorted out. I love you.”

“Hermione, I love you too, and if you want to wait, I am OK with that. If you ever feel you do not want to do something, just tell me. I won’t be offended -- just promise me you will tell me.”

Hermione realized again why she had fallen in love with him. He was so sweet; he really loved her, cared for her and was willing to wait until she felt right. Hermione kissed him one more time, then kissed his ear. It was the first time she had done this, and Harry got goose bumps.

She then whispered into his ear, “I love you Harry, I always have and always will. I want our first time to be special.” And with that, she asked him to turn around. She got dressed and to two made their way to the common room to see Mrs. Weasly.

***


Author's note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.

Hope you like this chapter. I would again like the thank every one who has reviewed.

Also hope you do not think I am as evil as before katti1456! Please comment on the story -- it means a lot when people review. Thanks for reading!
Chapter 7: The Eros charm by iceblue
Chapter7: The Eros charm


When they entered, Mrs. Weasly was seated on the settee, waiting for them to arrive. She just looked at the couple, praying that they were willing to help her son. Willing to try and forgive him for what he had done. Harry and Hermione wrapped their arms around each other’s waists and sat down holding each other tightly.

Mrs. Weasly was now getting worried -- what if they are unwilling to help? she thought. My son could die. As this thought left her mind, Hermione spoke: “Mrs. Weasly, we are willing to go and see him. This does not mean we forgive him, but do not want him to die.” She said this in a caring and worried voice.
Mrs. Weasly let out a breath in relief; they all stood up, and Mrs. Weasly gave them one of her hugs. They were unable to breathe until she finally let go.
“Thank you so much, I know this must be very hard for you. I will be eternally grateful for what you are going to do. You are like part of the family and I love you both very much. I hope you will be very happy together. I know Ron will come round.”

***


They arrived at St. Mungo’s via port key, there were guards with them as they did not know how safe the hospital was. The guards were Tonks, Lupin and Mad Eye. They all circled around Harry and Hermione to protect them. They were waiting for the lift to take them to the fifth floor, when Harry and Hermione kissed; they held each other tightly together. Both of them were in love with each other. It had taken a long time for them to see it, but they finally had. It was official; people were looking at them as their lips met, as Harry pulled Hermione as close to him as he could. As Hermione’s hands wrapped around his neck, as she slid her tongue into his mouth. They were both madly in love. They did not care who was there or who was taking pictures. Hang on, Harry thought to himself -- taking pictures? Hermione had noticed this, they both broke apart they looked at the man with the camera. He was familiar.
Hermione shouted, “Malfoy!”
The members of the Order turned around quickly. Sure enough, it was Malfoy. Both Hermione and Harry held each other close, they had no wands. They were told they could not take them. Were they going to die?
“Hermione, I love you with all my heart, If I die, you have to know I will always love you.”
“Harry, you will not die, I love you. We stick together, for better or for worse.” With this, Harry gave Hermione a kiss on the lips. It was to be short-lived as a voice shouted, “Crucio!” Both Harry and Hermione were hit. They were feeling immense pain, they looked into each others eyes, and the pain went. As they were looking into each other’s eyes they could feel no pain.
“Hermione, my love, I love you with all my heart. If I die, I want you to be happy.”
“We will not die” with that, they kissed each other, it was magic, a huge white beam of light erupted from the point where their young supple lips met. It was a blinding bright light they were both terrified. But they held each other close -- no matter what happened, they wanted to be together. They were feeling the strangest feelings they had ever had. The bright light created a dome around them, inside the dome they felt the pain being taken away. Some strange force was healing them.
“Hermione, what is going on? I can feel myself healing. I feel even more in love with you than before. I cannot explain it. I feel the urge to kiss you, to hold you even closer to be with you!” Harry said this with such passion; he did not know what he was saying. It was just coming out of his mouth.
“Harry I feel the same, I have never felt like this before. I have no idea what is going on, but kiss me. I need to fell your touch, to feel your lips to love you.”
Harry moved his lips closer to Hermione’s, and they kissed with such passion. It was the best feeling ever. They did not care who was watching. At this moment in time, they felt such attraction for each other they just kissed and were happy in each others arms.

After about five minutes the dome subsided, everyone was staring at them, wondering what had happened. Both Harry and Hermione collapsed on the floor. They were embracing each other very tightly. They were inseparable. No matter what spells were tried to get them off each other was no good. They were just lying there on the floor in each other’s arms. Both staring into each others eyes, they did not move but just stared.

They finally awoke about two minutes later. The whole room was silent, every witch and wizard was staring at them. Wondering what had happened to them. In front of them was Albus Dumbledore.
“May I have a word in private, please, you two?” He had a twinkle in his eyes; he knew what had just happened, and why it was important that they be told.

He led them to a deserted room, and locked the door and cast a spell so that no one could hear what was to be said. As Hermione and Harry entered what looked to be broom cupboard, because of the brooms all over the walls, they noticed they were still holding each other closely. They did not want to let each other go. They felt the need to be close, to feel the other’s touch.
“Professor what just happened to Harry and me?”
“Well Hermione from what I saw I think you both just produced the most powerful Eros charm I have ever seen…”
“But we...we never said anything” Harry stated looking confused
“Harry, the Eros charm does not work because a wizard tells it to. It comes about because of true love. When two people who are meant to be together are together. When they are in danger and when they need it the most. This charm is very rare. No one in the last 300 years have had feelings for each other that were strong enough to cause this. Do you see what I am saying? You two are meant to be together. Your love for each other protected you and it made you stronger. After all there is nothing stronger than love -- you of all people should know that Harry.

"Every time you are in trouble and the other is with you, the charm will activate. It will heal you; it will protect you for this charm saves the lives of people who are destined to be together for some reason, which is unknown. But, Harry, in your case we do know why you have to live; to kill Voldemort -- and with Ms. Granger next to you. The two of you are stronger because of this charm, your minds are one. You will know what the other is thinking, you will know when they are in trouble. You have this bond, which cannot be broken by anyone. It will be there until the day you die. Until the day, you doe of natural causes, but when one of you dies the other will follow. You will be so in love you cannot bear to be apart. You will spend eternity together in each others loving arms.

"There are other things you should know: It will be unbearable for you to be separated; you will constantly think about the other when they are not there. This causes problems, which you can guess, you take different classes, you sleep in different places, you live in different houses and finally you cannot bare to see the other in pain. You will do anything you can to protect the other, to make sure they are not in pain. You will know every thought, which pops into their mind, every memory they have. Over the course of the next week you will become one, you may have separate bodies but you will have the same mind. Everything will be shared, knowledge, memories, fears and thoughts. However, this only causes problems if you let it. As long as you learn to live with what is about to happen you will be able to live a brilliant life. You will be together and spend many happy times together.

"Alas, the time has come for you to do what you came here for. If you have any further questions or worries about what is happening please speak to me at your leisure. I know this is a lot to take in but you have to help your friend Mr. Weasly. Now if you will excuse me.”
With this Dumbledore left the room. Both Harry and Hermione were digesting what they had heard, when the urge to hold each other came. They did not speak, as they knew what each other was thinking. Just like Dumbledore had said. Hermione could hear all of Harry’s thoughts, just like he could hear hers. They finally verbally communicated
“Hermione I love you and want to stay here forever but we need to see Ron. I want to talk to you but can we see Ron first.”
“Yes Harry, I feel the same way, as you know.” The couple left the broom cupboard in each other’s arms. They never let go until they reached the third floor and saw Mrs. Weasly standing there in tears. Harry was thinking, here we go when Hermione scolded him. Even though he had been thinking it, it was as though he had said it.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. I really enjoyed writing it. Please read and review. Once again thanks to everyone who had reviewed, it makes me want to continue!
Chapter 8: Forgiving Ron by iceblue
Chapter 8: Forgiving Ron



Mrs. Weasly ran toward them -- apparently she had found out what had happened.
“I am so ashamed," she sobbed. "You two could have died, and all because of me. I am so sorry, how did you survive? How are you? Well?”
Harry and Hermione were looking at each other; they did not want everyone to know what had happened to them. They did not know if Dumbledore had told anyone.
Hermione was the first to speak, “Professor Dumbledore saved us; he used some advanced magic to shield us.”
“I knew he was powerful, but that much," said Mrs. Weasly. She paused uncomfortably, looking for the right thing to say next when neither Harry nor Hermione responded with more than silent nods. "Oh ... er ... well ... we are forever in your debt for what you are about to do," said Mrs. Weadly, gaining her verbal footing. "It can’t be easy after what he put you through. The Healers want to have a word with you. They want you to do something.”
With that Mrs. Weasly took them into a small room, their was a window which could just be seen where a curtain ended. There was a big dark blue curtain that went from floor to ceiling, as if it was hiding something or someone.
“What is behind that curtain?” Harry said curiously to Mrs. Weasly
“Ron, he is behind there, to keep people from looking at him.” She had started crying again, and Arthur emerged from behind the curtain. He took his wife into his arms and comforted her.

The head Healer walked into the room.
“Ah, Mr. Potter and Ms. Granger, I presume.” Harry and Hermione both nodded solemnly, apparently not speaking. However, within their minds, Hermione and Harry were talking to each other.
“Harry, I don’t know if I can do this, I am scared, what will he look like? I do not want to see him like this. I’m scared; will I be able to handle it?”
“Hermione, you are the strongest witch I know, I know you are scared as you know I am. Nevertheless, I love you; I will help you through this. It will be painful but we have to do it. We would not be able to live with out selves if we did not. Just remember he did not do what he did to you on purpose, he was angry. He will come to terms with you and me -- you have to believe that. Just like you have to believe I love you.”
“I know. You know how to make me feel better. Thanks.” Hermione said this aloud without realising it. Mrs. Weasly was looking at the pair, they looked blank like there was nothing there, just a body. Hermione realised this and could not speak, what would she say.
“Are you two all right? Hermione, Harry has said nothing -- what is going on?" she asked "You are hiding something from me, please tell me.”
“We can’t, it’s complicated. We have to come to terms with it first. We will tell you when we are ready,” Hermione said this best she could given the fact she was now crying.

It was weird, Harry could feel himself start to cry, the emotions Hermione felt were crossing over to him. He could not help it, he was crying as much as Hermione. He took her into her arms and said, he knew what she was feeling. He held her tight, she held him tight. They were their for each other, they were experiencing the same feeling of fear, fear of the time they would have to tell people. Fear of what people would say. But most of all fear of what was coming next. The fear of seeing Ron lying on a bed helpless, knowing they were his only hope. But could they help, could they forgive him for what he had done?

They stood their in each other’s arms looking into each other’s eyes, their was something which told them they would get through this, they could see hope; hope and love was all they had. They stopped crying but Harry never let his arm leave Hermione’s waist and she did not let go of him. The Healer broke the awkward silence, as Mrs. Weasly was shocked, she knew something had happened but did not know what.
“Ronald Weasley is in a very bad way; his curse was not string enough to kill him but has caused serious damage. He will be cured if he lasts till the end of the week. That is where we need your help; he is terrified that you are not his friend, he feels ashamed at what he has done. If you can find it in your hearts to forgive him, it will give him hope. Hope that you can love him as you once did. Not love as you two share, but love as in best friends. If he feels that is in his grasp it will make him want to fight, want to get better. Because he put the curse on himself, he needs this, needs to know you do not hate him. This could mean the difference from life or death.”
Harry and Hermione both nodded knowing what they would have to do, knowing that they could save his life. It was as though a ton weight had been placed on their shoulders. They walked behind the blue curtain to see a large bed with Ron lying peacefully on it. He was white as a ghost. He had no colour in his cheeks, he did not move -- he was just lying there looking dead. Again Hermione started crying and them Harry followed. Mrs. Weasly was standing behind them. She definitely knew something was wrong, when ever Hermione would cry, and Harry would do the same. It was not normal for Harry to cry. She just knew something was happening that she did not know about.

As Hermione and Harry cried into each other’s arms, they heard the voice of Ron.
“Hermione, Harry are you their, please say you are there. I am so…” Blood started pouring out of his mouth. Both Harry and Hermione screamed at the sight of this, they were holding each other very tightly, they needed to be with each other. As the Healers ran to help Ron, they just stood and watched.

About five minutes later, they had left; Ron was stable for now.
“Ron can you hear us?” Hermione said in a very sweet voice.
Ron just nodded, both Hermione and Harry walked over to him. They had mentally agreed to stay strong. Hermione was not going to cry, they were going to stay strong together.
“Ron we…we forgive for what you did.” Hermione said this while looking down at his limp body. He took his hand in hers. Harry could feel the compassion she was feeling toward him. He knew no matter what Ron had done she would forgive him. He was like her brother, her best friend. Harry felt the same and Hermione could tell, she knew he was not mad at him. Not after seeing him like this. Harry finally spoke
“We forgive you Ron, we want you to wake up so we can talk, sort this horrible mess out. No matter what happens, we will always love you. You are like a brother to us. We can’t bare to see you like this. Please fight, fight to stay alive, fight to see your family again, fight to be loved.”
Hearing this, Ron smiled, and his mother proclaimed, “He smiled, he smiled. It’s the first time he has done it. Arthur, he actually smiled!” Mrs. Weasley was in hysterics, she knew she had done the right thing, it was looking better for Ron.
“Thanks I think of you two as family, I am truly sorry for what I have done to you. I hope I will be able to make it up to you some day.” Ron’s voice was barley audible due to the pain was in. But he did not care, his two best friends did not hate him. He felt their was something to live for. He knew he had been stupid, but they forgave him. This thought was running through his mind.

Harry and Hermione were told they would have to leave, he needed rest and they had to go to Hogwarts as it was not safe. Harry and Hermione looked at each other, they were happy they had seen him. They were able to fully forgive him, he was their family, they could not stay mad at him.


Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. I really enjoyed writing it. Please read and review. Once again thanks to everyone who had reviewed, it makes me want to continue!
Chapter 9: Dumbledore’s talk by iceblue
Chapter 9: Dumbledore’s talk


When Harry and Hermione reached Hogwarts, they went straight to their common room; they needed to talk about what had happened at the hospital. They sat on the settee, which was beside the fire. They could feel the heat radiating from it and they curled up together. Harry’s arms were wrapped tightly around her waist. Hermione’s head was on his shoulder and she was lying on top of him. They wanted to be as close as possible. Ever since the Eros charm had been cast, they felt the need to hold each other, to be close to each other.

"Hermione, do you feel ... well, feel like you have to be near me and touching me all the time? I feel that way about you. Even when I know you are right beside me, I still need to hold your hand or put my arm around you. Is it just me? Do you feel the same?"

"Harry, I do feel the same -- when I am not touching you, I need to feel your skin on mine, feel the warmth of you."

"Does this mean we have to be together all of the time? Is this what the Eros charm does to people? I mean, what happens when we have different lessons, when we go to bed, when we go to the toilet and when you want to go to the library and I want to play Quidditch?" Harry's voice was filled with fear. He did not know how he and Hermione were going to live through this.

"I don't know," Hermione frowned. "We need to tell Dumbledore all of this, we need to talk to him. But not now. I just want to be with you, to talk to you." Hermione was also worried, she could tell Harry was, too. But they had to be strong. They would be strong, she knew, because they would be together -- they could get through anything as long as they had each other.

"Hermione, I love you with all my heart," and with that, Harry pulled Hermione into his chest.

"I feel the same, you know," Hermione sighed. "You know all my fears, thoughts and ambitions ..."

She furrowed her brow as another thought hit her: "Oh, Harry! What about exams and classes? Since we share everything, you can help me on exams ... We can talk to each other and get answers ... oh, what will happen?"

"Hermione," Harry chuckled, "it will be me asking you for answers, not the other way around." He shook his head -- leave it to Hermione to think about exams.

"I heard that!" Hermione pushed him playfully. "What do you mean, 'trust me to think about exams?' Someone has to -- it's our future!"?

“Sorry! It’s going to take some time before I realise you can hear everything I say in my mind.” With that, Harry took hold of Hermione’s waist and turned her round so she was facing him. He then put his puppy dog face on and smiled at her. All the while he was staring aimlessly into her chocolate brown eyes; becoming lost in the sea of chocolate. You know I cannot stay mad at you when you do that, she thought. Harry just laughed as he heard what she said -- as if he were speaking to her.

“Hermione, do you really forgive Ron? ... I know we said we did, but I don't know if I can. Yes, he was my best friend but he beat you up … He actually beat you up. Will I ever be able to leave you two alone again? I can’t lie; I don’t know if what I said was the truth or just because I would not be able to live with myself if he died.” Harry voice was full of fear … fear of not being able to forgive his best friend.

“Harry -- I feel the same. I am hoping that once we talk to him, when he is conscious, I will be able to forgive completely. After thinking about it -- I feel that I just said those things so he did not die and while in the process deluded myself that I could forgive. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach, which tells me I cannot. I tell myself that he was just upset. But, then, what if I upset him again; how do I know he will not do it again?” As Hermione said this tears began to flow down her cheeks.

She truly wanted to forgive Ron, but she did not know if she could. Would she be able to trust him as she once had? Part of her was saying yes, and that it would take time. But the other half was saying no, and that no matter how long she waited, she would never be able to trust him.

“Hermione," Harry started after hearing her thoughts, "I think we have to speak to him … see what he has to say when he is better and when he realises what he has done. However, I do have to say if you can't forgive him, I do not blame you … Come here.”

Hermione was now crying bucket loads. Harry kissed her forehead and cuddled her until she had stopped crying.

“Let’s not talk about Ron until we have to. Just enjoy the summer and enjoy each other’s company Hermione.”

“I agree.” Hermione was starting to feel better. It was funny the impact Harry’s touch had on her. She felt like she was the only person alive …the only person who mattered at that moment in time. She had never felt like that before. Her life before Hogwarts was lonely; she had no friends. All the other boys and girls her age on her block had thought her a bookworm. But now she was in love; in love with the best person she knew -- and he actually loved her back. It was like a dream, and she sometimes felt as though she were going to wake up any moment and find she was again a loner …

“Hermione, you know you should not feel like that. No one sees you as a bookworm… you are Hermione the most beautiful, charming, loving and intelligent person in this school,” Harry’s voice was full of confidence, and Hermione could not help but believe him. She knew she should not feel like this but it felt too good to be true.

“Hermione, would I be able to do this if it was a dream?” Harry leaned forward very slowly and kissed her, very softly and romantically on the lips. Hermione melted and knew she was not dreaming. You could not feel this in a dream; you only feel like this when you meet your one true love.

*****


They lay their in each other’s arms for hours, content holding each other. Just being together made them happy. They heard someone enter the common room -- it was Dumbledore.

“Harry, Hermione,” Dumbledore’s voice was soft and his eyes were glowing behind his half-moon spectacles.

“I sense that you have questions to ask me. Feel free to ask away. There is also something I have to say, but you can go first.”

“Professor -- you said that our minds are linked, do we have to be together all of the time? When we are not touching each other, we feel the need to … I feel the need to have him close, to feel his skin, his warmth. Harry feels the same way; this could cause us problems like lessons, sleeping, toilet, Quidditch, library, exams and jobs,” Hermione’s quavered as she reeled off the list. It was clear to Dumbledore she feared what might happen to them.

Dumbledore sighed, for he knew they would have many obstacles to overcome, and he knew he had a lot of explaining to do. He drew in another breath before he began:

“Hermione, Harry -- I am not saying it’s going to be easy. Far from it, it will be difficult for a few months until you can control it. However… there are problems that cannot be solved. You mentioned sleeping arrangements, for example. I am afraid you will have to share a bed from now on. You see, the charm is at its most powerful when you are asleep; the bond is made stronger, energised if you will. Once you have been asleep, you will find the need to touch each other and be with each other would have decreased. However, as the day progresses you will feel the urge to touch the other increase. There is no way to get around this.

"This leads to another point. You will have to choose the same career; this may cause problems, as Harry, you wish to become an Auror, but you, Hermione, wish to do something else. You will both have to agree upon a job you want. As for lessons … as long as the lessons you are separated from each other for are in the morning, there will be no problem. I have already modified the timetable.”

Harry and Hermione both smiled at each other; they knew Dumbledore was going to do everything within his power to help them. This was a comforting thought, as Dumbledore was the most powerful wizard in the world, after all.

“Other things, like Quidditch and the library can be overcome … as I said, as long as you have been asleep or been with each other for a few hours beforehand, you will have no problems. However, you should know this; your minds will be forever connected. If you are in different lessons, you will know what is happening in two places at once. This is a hard concept to grasp. If Hermione is in Ancient Runes and you are in Divination, Harry, you will know what happens in both … You will have to learn to cope with this. It can be done -- once you have mastered Occlumency at a high level, you will be able choose what you want to know and what you do not. This is not to say you can block the other out, but rather you can choose what you listen to, if that makes sense. The connection is always there, until the day you die … Nevertheless, for a few hours you will be able to block out the other person’s thoughts. Again, as the day progresses, it will become harder to do so.

"Oh, and as far as exams go, Miss Granger, it is not technically cheating.”

Hermione drew a sigh of relief. At least she was not going to be kicked out of her exam for cheating. Harry stifled a laugh when he realised what she had thought.

“Harry James Potter! Do not start again!” Hermione raised her voice. Dumbledore looked bemused.

“Oh -- sorry professor … just something that happened earlier.” Hermione blushed and asked him to continue.

“As you share everything, you are not cheating, because the knowledge could be Harry's or it could be Hermione's -- there is no way of telling. It is simply impossible to detect that this is taking place.”

Dumbledore was interrupted again, this time by Harry.

“Could you tell us more about the link between us? How does it work? Why don’t our brains just explode from the information?”

Dumbledore chuckled, though he could tell Harry was frightened at the prospect of his brain's exploding; it was evident in his voice.

“Yes professor, I have read of people trying to gain so much knowledge their brain melts down and can’t cope,” Hermione interjected. Harry was now even more worried; he was beginning to panic. Hermione could tell and tightened her grip on his hand to comfort him, as she did not know what the answer would be. They were both sitting there looking at Dumbledore for an answer.

“You are correct, Hermione,” Dumbledore said.

Hermione started to cry into Harry’s shoulder. He did not know what to do; he was perplexed he could not move.

"But, Miss Granger … please let me finish,” Dumbledore said this with an air of seriousness that made both Harry and Hermione listen intently.
“People in the past have tried to gain lots of knowledge, and yes, the brain can just shut down. However … there is a great difference here. You have two brains that are communicating with each other on many levels. When I say you can choose what you listen to, I mean you can choose what your cerebrum processes. Your brains will still be linked but you will not realise it, as it will be subconscious -- it is like breathing, you breathe without knowing it. As I have already said, you can stop your consciousness from receiving information, but this cannot be done for an indefinite period. It depends on how long it has been since you have been together and how strong you are at the time.

"As for your question Harry, the link between your brains is peculiar: It is like it's naturally unbreakable. you This lets information flow twenty-four hours per day. Nevertheless, you will learn to cope, it does not have to be a burden or weakness. With the correct training -- which I will give you over the next few months -- it will make you both stronger.”

“What sort of training do you mean?” Harry said, looking straight into Hermione’s eyes.

“You will have to master Occlumency, which I will be teaching you both. Furthermore, you will have to learn to fight. As I told you at St. Mungos, both you and Hermione will have to defeat Voldemort together. To do this, you will need to know advanced magic and fighting skills … The Occlumency will start tonight at six o'clock. It is very important that you master this before Voldemort enters your mind. He cannot know about the Eros charm. In fact, it is your biggest advantage.

"I must go now, but I will return at six o'clock sharp. It is now five past one. Please get some sleep -- you will need it. Oh, by the way you cannot tell anyone about this. It is crucial to your success that no one finds out. Everyone thinks it was me protecting you, and they have no reason to doubt it.”

“Yes, professor,” Harry and Hermione said in unison. Some of their fears had been quashed, although they were not sure what the future had in store for them.

“Oh one more thing -- if I find out you have been participating in, ahem, extracurricular activities, I will have to inform your parents.”

Both Harry and Hermione blushed profusely as Dumbledore left.

As Dumbledore walked out, Harry thought of how simple his life was before Voldemort had entered his mind. He was in love with Hermione, the one person who mattered to him. Now they had the Eros charm linking them, which would cause them troubles. It would take lots of effort and a long time until they achieved a degree of normalcy. Furthermore, he had dragged Hermione into his battle with Voldemort. His lovely Hermione, the one person he loved had been dragged in.

“Harry do not blame yourself … I know we have hard times ahead, but as long as you are by my side, I know I will be all right. You are the only person who matters. I love you and I would not trade that for anything. You know I mean it. Yes, it will be hard … and we will have to face him together, but I would rather be with you than somewhere else worrying about you all of the time. All that matters is that I love you and you love me. With that we can get through anything.” Hermione’s voice was stern and she was staring at Harry.

“Hermione, I love you, too ... I just feel responsible for getting you into this.”

“I have told you -- don't feel that way. It's fate, Harry," she was emphatic. Then she softened, "Now come on let's go to bed. We need our rest before we have our Occlumency lesson with Dumbledore.”

With this, Hermione leaned close to Harry and kissed him passionately, their lips were locked together; Hermione was nibbling on his bottom lip. He opened his mouth and she slid her tongue in and could feel his tongue touching his. She was exploring his moth and he was hugging her tightly. They broke apart and felt like nothing else mattered, as long as they could be with each other they could get through anything. They just lay on the settee and fell asleep in each others arms. It felt so natural to them, like had being doing it for years.

*****


Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with J.K. Rowling or Warner Bros.
Again thanks to everyone who has reviewed. Please continue to review! I would also like to say a big thanks to Steph (moderator), as she has helped me clean up some of the dialog after the chapter was rejected. Therefore, this would not be here if it were not for her. So a big thanks!
Chapter 10: Hermione’s fear and the plan by iceblue
Chapter 10: Hermione’s fear and the plan


At four-thirty, Harry was beginning to stir; he opened his eyes and he could see Hermione wrapped in his arms. She looked so peaceful, lying there, her arms wrapped around his back. He just lay there looking at her. Her head was on his chest and her bushy brown hair was covering her eyes. He slowly brushed away her hair to reveal two chocolate brown eyes staring at him.

“I’m sorry -- did I wake you?”

“No, I'd just woken up ... you?”

“The same.”

A cheeky smile spread across Hermione’s face.

“What are you smiling at?”

“Just the way you look when you wake up,” she started to laugh and playfully punched him. Harry’s hair was more untidy than normal. It was the first time they had awoken in each other’s arms like this, and they were looking at each other as to savour this moment forever.

“You look the same!” Harry just started to giggle. However, straight away he knew he had said the wrong thing when Hermione stared at him.

“So … you don’t like what I look like?” Hermione looked like she was on the brink of crying, her voice was barely audible. Harry was puzzled -- he did not know why she was reacting like this. He was just joking with her. He did not mean for her to take it literally.

“Hermione -- I did not mean it like that … I was just joking. Don't take it seriously. It’s just your hair is a bit messy, that’s all.”

“What do you mean ‘don't take it seriously’ … you said I was ugly!” Hermione stormed out of the room holding back her tears while Harry shouted after her.

“I did not say you were ugly,” it was too late -- Hermione was away up the stairs into her room, “you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen,” Harry finished in a whisper.

Harry sat, puzzled. Why did she react that way? They were just joking around with her. He could not understand what he had done. Even though they were linked by the Eros charm, he had not fully mastered it and could not tell what was upsetting her. All he wanted was to be there for her … to comfort her.

Hermione was sitting on her bed crying; she knew that Harry hadn't called her ugly, but she was worried that he would find her unattractive. She knew that Harry said she was beautiful, and that he loved her for more than what she looked like, but still, she couldn't help but be insecure.

"Pull yourself together, Hermione Granger. He loves you … he loves you with all his heart, and what you look like does not make any difference to him,” Hermione told herself, as if saying it aloud would restore her confidence. She gazed out the window and saw that the sun was beginning its descent toward the horizon on this summer evening, and realized she needed get ready to meet with Dumbledore.

She went to her closet and grabbed a fresh set of robes. When she had taken all her clothes off, she stepped in front of her full-length mirror and considered herself. She hated the way she looked … she hated looking at her self it made her feel ugly. Why would anyone love some one who looks like this? A tear dripped down Hermione’s cheek; it was soon followed by many more.

Her emotions took over, and she collapsed onto the floor. She was whimpering while tears flowed down her cheek … at that moment, she wanted to die … to end her misery and anguish. She knelt on the floor, naked, crying, her face in her hands. All she could think about was what would happen when Harry finally saw her naked. Would he laugh or just feel sorry for her? Either way, he would not want to be with her. Her body was dreadful and she wanted to change it. If there was one thing she could wish for it would have been to change her body. Every other girl in the school was beautiful -- more beautiful than she.

She lay there as long as she could without making herself late for Dumbledore. She did not want him or Harry knowing about this. She began to dress, thoughts racing through her mind. She knew that Harry would have to see her naked sometime, but she would just have to put it off … put it off for as long as possible. She was so scared of what he would think of her. Scared of his rejecting her. She knew she should tell Harry how she felt, but she felt so ashamed.

After she dressed, she went down to the common room to wait for Harry. She knew she would have to apologise for her behaviour, as he had done nothing wrong.

***


After Hermione had run out, Harry went to his room to change his clothes. When he returned to the common room, he saw Hermione sitting on a large chair in front of the fireplace, a solemn look on her face. He could tell she had been crying; he sat down beside her and wrapped his arms around her. Knowing that he had upset her made him fell awful … as if he would never be happy again. He had to make up with her.

“Hermione -- I am truly sorry … I never meant to upset you. Please forgive me, Hermione.”

Hermione looked at him, knowing that she would have to tell him how she felt at some point -- but not now; she needed time to think.

“Harry…you have nothing to be sorry for -- it’s me. I cannot talk about it now ... maybe tomorrow," she sighed. "I need time to think. Please do not try to find out any other way. I will tell you when I am ready.”

Harry could tell she was upset about something but thought it was best to let it lie until she was ready to confide in him. He did not want to upset her anymore than he already had.

“I can wait … just as long as you are not angry with me. I love you and cannot bear the thought that I have upset you. I promiseI will not try to find out if you do not want me to. We are still entitled to out privacy, after all.”

“Oh, Harry, you have not upset me -- it is me; just forget it for now. We will talk tomorrow, I promise. Thanks for being so understanding,” she smiled at him and could tell he felt better.

Hermione fell into her thoughts, reflecting on what had just happened in her room. Would he really disown her when he saw her naked? He was sitting right beside her with his arms wrapped around her. He truly loved her, didn’t he? What her body looked like would make no difference, would it? She wanted more than anything to believe he would love her no matter what she looked like.

But then what about Cho? she thought. She is beautiful, and Harry could have any number of women. But he chose me, her thoughts began dueling. He never loved Cho -- he loves me. Yeah, loves. He will see me naked, and it will be the past. What I look like does not matter to him -- he loves me for who I am, not what I am.

One final question played on Hermione’s mind: Did he really, really love her? In the bottom of his heart, did he love her -- actually love her? Yes! she realized. The Eros charm has proved this. I am just being stupid -- I love him and he loves me! But what about …

Dumbledore entering the room interrupted Hermione’s thoughts. The look on Harry’s face was that of sheer concern … concern for Hermione. He knew something was wrong, but he did not know what. She looked so depressed … so shamed of something. He could not imagine what it could be -- to him, she had nothing to be ashamed of. I will just have to wait and see, he resigned himself.

“Harry, Hermione … you know why I am here?”

“Yes, professor.”

“Have you rested?”

“We have been asleep and feel refreshed,” Hermione spoke this time.

“Very well. I will begin by trying to enter your minds. It is important that you try your hardest to keep me out. Do not under any circumstances use a wand. When Voldemort enters your mind, you will have no wand to protect yourselves."

“How are we supposed to …” Hermione was cut off by Dumbledore.

“Keep me out? Well you have to concentrate on the memory you want me to see. The one memory. By doing this I will not be able to see any other. However, it will take time. I will more than likely get in the first several times, but this is to be expected. Are you ready?”

Harry and Hermione held each other tightly. They were looking into each other’s eyes.

That last thing they heard was professor Dumbledore saying, "Legilimens."

They were on the Hogwarts Express heading to school. Hermione had just repaired Harry’s glasses and was leaving the compartment … then they were at the Dursleys’. Harry was standing in the living room with thousands of letters flying toward him. He grabbed on and ran for it … They were in a shop with Hermione and her mother, looking for clothes ...

Harry and Hermione were using all their strength to stop the intrusion, but they could not find any strength. The last memory was embarrassing for Hermione, and Harry could feel the embarrassment building within her. They pushed harder and harder to stop Dumbledore's seeing this. Somehow Harry knew what was about to happen. He did not want to see this and embarrass Hermione ...

They finally managed to push Dumbledore out. But they had failed he had seen many memories. They were both disappointed, and Dumbledore could tell by the look of sheer disappointment of their faces.

“Do not be ashamed. That was excellent for a first attempt. I am glad you stopped me there … I would have exited your mind if it went any further. I do not wish to embarrass you. ”

Hermione blushed, as she did not want anyone to see what happened next. Not even Harry. She was ashamed. Harry knew what he had been about to see, but could not fathom why she had been so embarrassed.

“Hermione … ” Harry did not continue as he could see Hermione’s face. She did not say a word, but he knew not to push the subject and that she would tell him when he was ready.

“Another go before we call it a night,” Dumbledore interrupted their thoughts.

Again, they were going through their minds but this time they only saw one memory. It was not the one they wanted; but at least they had managed to limit it to one. Both Hermione and Harry were ecstatic -- they had nearly done it. However, they were exhausted, and Dumbledore managed to break in again after a minute. It had taken a lot out of both of them.

“Harry, Hermione I am very proud of you. You nearly have it. With more practice, you will be able to master it. Now go to bed and get some rest. You will need it.”

They nodded, rose and made their ways upstairs to Hermione’s room.

***

When Professor Dumbledore arrived at his office, he found Minerva sitting in the chair opposite his desk, which was particularly cluttered by many magical objects.

“Good evening, Minerva,” Dumbledore said as he gave her a quizzical look.

“Good evening, Albus. How did it go with them. Are they all right? Will they be able to cope with what is ahead?”

“They should be fine. For a first attempt, they did very well, but they need to build up their strength.”

“Did you tell them the plan?”

“How could I … how could I say we are using them as bait? That they will have to fight Voldemort sometime this year? I could not do it. Not yet. It is best they work hard in training. The plan would weaken them. They will be told when they need to be, but for now, I will not. In addition, the Eros charm must be kept secret. As Ms. Granger pointed out, they need somewhere to sleep, as they need to be together. Have any suggestions?”

“Not really. If they were a year older, they could become head boy and girl ..."

“I thought we might use the head boy and girl dormitories, as we have put lots of spells around it to protect them. We will have no head boy and girl at Hogwarts this year.”

“This will look too suspicious -- no head boy and girl?” Minerva was shocked by this.

“Not suspicious at all. There have been years in the past when we have not had one. This year will be the same. You know what I am talking about -- it happened about 30 years ago.”

“How could I forget?" she sighed. "Just make sure you know what you are doing. I had better be getting along.” Minerva was just getting up to leave when Dumbledore spoke.

“Wait, professor, there is something else; you will have to teach Harry and Hermione to be animagi,” Dumbledore could tell he had shocked her again.

“I … I can’t -- they are too young. It is against the law. You know it is!”

“That as it may, they need to know … it is for their protection. You know that in battle it is an advantage that they need.”

“What else are you planning to teach them?”

“They will be taught fighting techniques by Alistair, disguise by Tonks, defence by Lupin, animagi transformation by you and, finally, Occlumency and Legilimency by me. They will be more than prepared to take on Voldemort within a few months.”

“Albus, this is all well and good but do we have months? Voldemort is looking at five days. What makes you think he won’t come straight away?”

“He is not stupid, he knows he needs surprise, and that comes with time. He will expect security to become more lax as time goes on, and it will. Or it would seem. He will not strike until we are ready. He may think he has the upper hand, but in reality, we do. As you know this is one of the most important things to have in battle.”

“You have obviously thought about this. When do you want me to start teaching them?”

“Straight after Voldemort gets the information. Until then, I will teach them. There is also one more thing I have to ask you.”

“Yes?” McGonagall looked worried. Did he want her to break even more wizarding laws?

“What do you know about season magic?”

“You're not saying … that … that they can do it. It is impossible. No one in over three-thousand years has been able to do it.”

“While I was in their mind, I saw something. Something they could not; but it was there. They have the ability to use season magic.”

McGonagall was taken aback. She took a moment to consider this news, then she spoke, “Well -- I know that it is the most powerful branch of magic there is. I have a very old book that describes what can be done with it. But we must be careful … you don’t think this is what the prophecy is about so you ‘power he knows not?’”

“I think it could be. I must find out how they got this power.”

“Is it in their blood? You know the last with and wizard to have this power also had the Eros charm. Do you think they are related?”

“I do not know yet -- it certainly could be, but we must not tell anyone. I would appreciate it if you could trace Hermione’s bloodline. I will trace Harry’s. We must find out how they have this magic. It is crucial to their -- and our -- success.”

Minerva nodded.

With that, she left the headmaster’s office, she was not entirely convinced about the plan, but she had to trust him. She was going to break the law, teaching two sixteen-year-olds how to transform into animals ... and they had season magic. It is for the best, she thought to herself. If it saves their lives, then it will be worth it.

***


Author's note:
This story has nothing to do with J.K. Rowling or Warner Bros.
Again thanks to everyone who has reviewed. Please continue reviewing if you like the chapter. Also big thanks to Steph (moderator) for taking the time to moderate the story. One more thing, after the next chapter I will have to take a break from writing the story becasue of my A Level modular exams in January. I will be able to post chapter 11, but 12 will not be uploaded until the end of January/beginning of February. PLEASE REVIEW!
Chapter 11: Getting to the Truth (part 1) by iceblue
Chapter 11: Getting to the Truth (part 1)


It was the small hours of the morning. Harry lay next to Hermione with his hands around the small of her back, holding her close. Her shoulder was on his chest and her arms were wrapped around him. Hermione was crying softly to herself -- she felt embarrassed being so close to him in bed because of her body.

How could he love me? she thought. My body is revolting -- I cannot even stand to look at it. How could he? He deserves someone who can give him pleasure, who can give him what he needs and deserves. I cannot I am too small. Everything about my body is underdeveloped. Why would he want that?

Harry had just awoken and could hear what was going through Hermione’s mind. He could not understand why Hermione was feeling this way. He tightened his grip on her and looked at the insecure young woman crying into his chest -- this was not the Hermione he knew.

“Hermione, what is the matter? Please tell me -- I want to help you, I want to understand.”

“Harry, I feel … feel …” Hermione was crying more and more. How could she tell Harry? Harry who had the perfect body... Harry the Quidditch player … the boy
who lived. How could she tell him that when she took her clothes off, she just wanted to die? To end her pain and misery?

Not knowing what was really bothering her was eating Harry up inside. She was crying so much, she was shivering. He would do anything to stop it, to take away her pain -- now and always.

“Hermione, you know you can tell me anything -- I love you. With all my heart. It is killing me to see you like this. Please tell me what is wrong.” Harry felt his chest begin to tighten and his eyes begging to well up -- not because her emotion was passing to him, but because he was pained to see her like this.

“If I tell you the truth, do you promise not to laugh or make fun of me?” Hermione said between sobs.

“Hermione, you know I would never laugh at anything that upsets you this much.”

“Once I’ve begun, you can’t stop me. If you stop me I don’t think I would be able to continue.”

Harry gazed down at her. She raised her head and looked into his eyes; they were full of love and misery. The misery she was causing him. Harry just nodded, and Hermione took a deep breath. She knew she would have to tell him. It was probably going to be the last time he would see her. She had resigned herself to the fact that after this he would not want anything to do with her. That he would tell her to leave.

“Harry, I am not going to lie; you deserve the truth. All my life, people have made fun of the way I look and the way I behave. I started in nursery -- all of the other girls had lovely straight hair. And then there was me. With this dreadful bushy brown hair.” Hermione was running her hands through her hair. “All the other kids would make fun of me … saying I should brush it before leaving the house … calling me a tramp. This is where it all started. I just ignored them; thinking that it did not bother me what they would say. But it did. It bothered me more than I could admit. I guess I was it was slowly eating away at me inside. That is when I began to immerse myself in books and studies. I had no friend -- no one would talk to me or look at me … ”

Harry was dumbfounded. He could not believe that people could be so nasty to such a lovely girl. She did not deserve this, he thought. She did not deserve to be treated this way.

“Anyway it went on like this for years. People always making fun of me because of the way I looked. As I moved through school people also started to make fun of me because of my schoolwork and how I was always at the top of my class. I had resigned myself to knowing that I was destined to spend the rest of my life alone,” she tried her best to hold off her tears. “Until the day I met you and Ron on the train, that is. I finally had hope. Hope that someone would like me -- would want to be my friend. That is all I wanted. I wanted someone to care for me … I had been alone for so long, I just wanted someone to like me.”

Harry was beginning to realise what was happening: All Hermione had ever wanted was to be loved. It was something she had never had.

“But then when I heard Ron saying that I was a know-it-all and a teachers’ pet, it ripped though my heart. It tore me to pieces. I thought I had finally found two people would like me. Two people who would not tease or bully me. Two people I thought I could trust,” she could not look in Harry’s eyes -- she was embarrassed and scared about what she would find there. “But when I heard this I could not hold back my tears so I ran away. I told myself that it would be like this for the rest of my life. That I would be destined to be a loner and have no one to care for me.”

“But …”

“Harry, please do not interrupt me. I just sat in the bathroom crying … crying because I had hoped you two were different. When I pulled myself together, I could see you were sorry and forgave you. Everything was going well till people started dating. I wanted someone to ask me out “ namely you. I loved you so much, but you were so into Cho. So I wondered what the difference was. Then it hit me: my body. I had always been told I was ugly but just ignored it. But when you went out with Cho … I knew it was true. That my body was and still is underdeveloped. My breasts are small compared to other girls'. I knew this was the reason.”

Harry looked shocked at this. He to put his arms around her and hold her close, but she brushed him off. She had to finish and tell him everything. Tears were beginning to run down her face. Tears which there was no need for, as he knew she had nothing to worry about.

“When I realized the reason, I hated the way I looked. I could not bear to look at myself in the mirror. I hated my body and wanted to die. I thought if my breasts were bigger that you would notice me and would love me the way I wanted you to. But I knew this was not possible. But then one night when you and the other boys were sitting in the common room last year. You were talking about girls and who you liked. My name was never mentioned. Every other girl was mentioned … but not me. That just cemented it -- I’m ugly, I look like a troll and no one will ever love me. That night I cried and cried -- knowing that I would be alone all my life. That I would have no one to cuddle into on a cold winter’s night, no one to kiss and no one to talk to. All of my insecurities had surfaced at the same time. I just lay there crying and
shivering. I finally fell asleep and did not want to talk to anyone. There was no one I could talk to. I considered you, but how could I? You were in love with Cho, and I did not want to spoil that.”

Harry was beginning to cry. He could not believe she could feel this way. That she could think that anyone could think that of her. That she could even have that thought in her mind for even a second.

“I was ready to face the fact that I would be alone forever. But then, when you met me on the Millennium Eye, everything changed. I knew I had someone who loved me. Someone I could spend the rest of my life with. All my fears were quashed. That is, till you said I was ugly. I rushed up to my room crying. I looked at myself in a full-length mirror when I was naked. I hated the sight in front of me. I wanted to
die. I could not believe that you could love me when I looked like this. That you could possibly consider spending the rest of your life with me. Do you see what I am saying? My body is disgusting ... I don’t even like it, let alone you. I will understand if you no longer wish to be with me. It will just be another in a long line of rejections.” Hermione was now crying. She could see the look on Harry’s face. Did he still love her? She broke down, tears streaming down her face.

“Hermione, how could you think like that? Those people at your school had no right to treat you like that. They had no right, Hermione. I love you -- love you with all of my heart.” Harry and Hermione were both crying. Harry pulled her as close to him as he could. He wanted show her that he loved her, and her appearance did not matter to him.

“Hermione, you know you do not look like a troll and you are not disgusting. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. You cannot compare yourself to Cho, she was a silly … well … bitch, and you … are the complete opposite. You know me better than anyone and I love you with all my heart. My relationship with Cho was built on looks and appearance. But with you, it’s about love and friendship. I love you more than anyone on this earth, and I can tell you without any reservation that you look beautiful. You have nothing to be ashamed of. I am willing to wait until you are ready and will never force you into anything you are uncomfortable with,” Harry planted a kiss on Hermione’s forehead and hugged her tightly. He could not believe that she could feel this way because she was the most beautiful woman he had ever clapped eyed on.

“Harry, I am so sorry. I should have told you this ages ago. But I was ashamed of myself. Do you forgive me?”

“There is nothing to forgive Hermione. I am going to be at your side through all of this. We will get through it. I will be there for you anytime you need me. I love you, Hermione Jane Granger, and nothing is going to change it. If anyone ever makes you feel this way again, just tell me.”

Hermione smiled at Harry; she knew he loved her. She knew she would be happy with Harry and that Harry did not care about her appearance. Harry ran his hands gently up and down her back to calm her. Suddenly Hermione kissed him passionately on the lips. She wanted to show him that she loved him. Harry continued to run his hands up and down her back. He could feel the strap of her bra, and it gave him a rush, but he did not do anything. He respected that Hermione would need time. He did not want her to regret anything they would do.

“Harry, you can remove my top -- but nothing else,” she was as shocked as he that she had said this, but it seemed so right. When he touched her, she felt alive. She knew in her heart that Harry did not care abut her appearance and that he loved her on a transcendent level which is intellectual and emotional. Their relationship was based on love for one another not lust. This was important to her, as she wanted to spend the rest of her life with this man. She was not ready to go all the way but wanted to feel his touch on her bare chest and wanted to be close to him

***


Mr. and Mrs. Granger had just entered the common room; they were going to visit Hermione as it had been a few days. They had expected to find her and Harry in the common room, but it was deserted. Assuming she must still be in bed, they walked up to her room and opened the door…

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros. Again thanks to everyone who has reviewed. Please continue reviewing! Thanks again to Steph for moderating the story and giving me advice, as I was not sure how to tell Harry. In addition, this may be the last chapter for a while. I have my A level module exams in January so I may not have time to update until the end of January/beginning of February. Hope you understand I need to revise.

Additional comment: if you would like me to continue please review! I have looked at how many people have read the chapter and the number of reviews do not reflect this so please review if you want me to continue.
Chapter 12: Getting to the truth (part 2) by iceblue
Chapter 12: Getting to the truth (part 2)


Harry and Hermione were sound asleep, naked from the waist up and entangled in each other’ s arms. Hermione wore a contented smile as she slept; she had fallen into slumber feeling truly happy. Harry loved her, and she had no regrets about what she had done with him. She would always admire him for not trying to push her into anything she was uncomfortable with other people would have pushed her, but not her Harry.

When Mr. and Mrs. Granger pushed open Hermione’s door, they could not believe the sight they saw in front of them: Their daughter was in bed naked with her boyfriend.

Mrs. Granger stood stone still -- she was truly shocked. She could not believe that her daughter -- Hermione, of all people -- could be so stupid, and with a boy, she had only been dating for a short period. She could not believe it she would not believe it. He must have forced her, she thought.

‘That little git… he will pay for taking advantage of my little girl. He will never
see her again,’ seethed Mr. Granger from clenched teeth. Horrible thoughts raced through his mind, and became the angriest he had ever been in his life. Without a word of warning, he lunged toward the couple, his face twisted with rage.

Her husband running toward Harry with his fist tightened brought Mrs. Granger out of her trance.

He jerked Harry out of the bed, pushing Hermione aside. Their peaceful slumber was abruptly ended, and Hermione awoke to the sight of her father beating Harry to a pulp. She writhed on the bed with the pain; she could feel the pain Harry was experiencing, and it was excruciating. She did not care that her chest was bare, that her mother and farther would see her. She just had to help Harry. She would not let her father do this she would not let him beat up her Harry. He could not defend himself. For some reason, she knew he had lost consciousness; she could not feel his presence as she normally could. She was screaming with pain and yelling at her father

"STOP! You are killing him and ME! STOP! Leave him alone -- I love him" Hermione's voice was full of pain. She was feeling the most intense pain she had ever felt. The thought of her father causing this pain made it worse. The two people she thought would never cause her pain would have been her mother and farther, but now there was her farther beating up her soulmate -- and hurting her at the same time.

She could not find her wand, but somehow knew what to do; she pointed her hand at her father and said the incantation conglacio and her father froze. Her mother froze also. She could not believe what her daughter had just done. She had just immobilized her father. But all Hermione could think about was Harry. She had to help him. She hoped that the Eros charm would activate when she held him. Slowly she crawled to Harry and lay on top of his body, wrapping her arms around him.

Suddenly a bright gold shimmering light erupted from the centre of Hermione's back and engulfed the pair. As the gold light surrounded them, it created a dome. Both Harry and Hermione were inside the dome, Hermione holding Harry. She could feel no pain; she could only feel happiness knowing that Harry would survive, the thought of what had just happened vanished. The only thing that mattered was recovering. Without thinking, she placed her lips on top of Harry's. His eyes fluttered open; he could only feel and only see Hermione. Nothing else was there at that moment only Hermione and him.

Mrs. Granger stood rooted to the spot. She could not believe what was happening. Her daughter had frozen her husband was she was now in some sort of golden dome, passionately kissing her boyfriend as if she was not there. She could not believe it. As she stood there, eyes glued to the scene, Dumbledore and McGonagall entered the room. The sight shocked them enormously. Neither could find words at first, but both had an idea of what might have transpired.

Within the golden dome, Harry and Hermione were enjoying the feeling of being together. As the dome subsided, they were brought back down to earth. Harry suddenly realised Hermione was topless and stopped her from getting up to protect what modesty she had left. As she realised she had no top on, she blushed and looked from Harry to her mother and the professors. Dumbledore was the first to speak.

"Harry, Hermione, I think you need to get yourselves ready and come downstairs. We need to talk," he said calmly. "Mrs. Granger, please follow me. Your husband will be fine." With that, Dumbledore waved his wand and Mr. Granger vanished; McGonagall shepherded Mrs. Granger out the door, and Dumbledore followed. Harry and Hermione were left alone and utterly embarrassed.

"Harry, I am so sorry for what my father has done. He had no right. No right at all. Thank you," she said, as he handed her a shirt.

"You don't have to apologise for the way your father acted. I don't blame you," Harry gave a small smile of reassurance. "Hermione, I love you and would do anything for you."

Harry pulled her close and slowly brought Hermione's lips to his. The moment they met, a surge of energy flowed through every cell in their bodies. After a few short moments, Harry and Hermione dressed.

Harry could not help but look at Hermione; the sight of her made him feel happy; the thoughts of what were to come evaporated from his mind. All he could think about was her.

"Harry, about last night -- thank you for asking if I was ready. It means a lot to me. I know you want to go further with our relationship but I am not ready." Harry closed the gap between them and held Hermione and whispered into her ear, "Hermione I do not want to push you into anything. When we make love, I want you to have no doubts. I could not live with myself if I knew I had forced myself on you. I love you and am willing to wait. I understand that you need to time adjust to our relationship and me. I will wait as long as it takes. I meant what I said last night."

Tears welled in Hermione's eyes. "Oh, Harry, that is the sweetest thing anyone has said to me."

Harry took a deep breath. "Come on love, we need to get downstairs."

Hermione wrapped her hands around Harry tighter; he had called her love. It was the first time he or anyone else had done it. "Yes, we had better go." They left their room hand-in-hand, not caring what Hermione's parents or the professors would say.

***


They slowly walked over to a red settee by the fire. Hermione lay her head on Harry's shoulder. They could both see the anger rising again within Mr. Granger and were nervous about what was going to happen.

"Mr. and Mrs. Granger" Dumbledore looked at the couple, "there is an explanation to as why Harry and Hermione are sharing a bed, which we will come to in few moments. However, I must say this: Why did you walk into Hermione's room without knocking? Did you not think of the consequences?" Dumbledore stared at them. The twinkle that usually resided within his eyes had vanished, and he looked angry -- both at their lack of respect and at what Mr. Granger had done.

"You -- you can't seriously blame us," Mr. Granger was incredulous. "My wife and I walk into our daughter's room to find her naked with her boyfriend of a few weeks. And you expect us to be happy ... you honestly expect us to be happy?"

"Mr. Granger please calm down, there is an explanation if you want to hear it, but you must remain calm. I will tell you everything in time, but first we must address the issue of your walking into your daughter's room without knocking. You have invaded her privacy and assaulted Harry. You must see that your actions were outrageous."

"He," Mr. Granger looked at his wife, "he blames us! He actually blames us!"

"Actually, dear, he blames you -- you lost your temper and beat the living daylights out of him without waiting for an explanation."

"What? You agree with him. What about our daughter freezing me, what about our daughter having relations with that piece of scum who puts her in danger?"

"Mr. Granger," said Dumbledore in a stern voice. "This will not get us anywhere. You have to see that what you did was irresponsible. I want both of you to apologise to Harry and Hermione."

"Never," Mr. Granger breathed.

"Well, then, you will not find out the truth. You must apologise immediately."

"Fine! We are leaving. Get your things Hermione; you are not staying here with these people."

The room fell silent. Harry and Hermione looked at each other. How could this happen? It would kill them being apart from each other like that. How would they cope? Dumbledore interrupted their thoughts.

"Hermione will not be leaving Hogwarts."

Harry and Hermione sighed in relief. They would not be parted. They would be together.

"You can't stop us; she is our daughter."

"Yes, she is, but she must stay here with Harry."

"She is not staying here with that pervert. Do you think I will let my daughter near him again?" Mr. Granger could not believe Dumbledore was telling him what do to. Hermione was his daughter and she would go with him if he said so.

"Enough of this! You will come with me, Hermione. That is not a request -- it is an order. Go and get your things!"

"No! I will not leave Harry. I love him ... I love him with all my heart, and he loves me. I will never leave him -- I can't leave him," Hermione surprised herself; she had never talked to her father like this.

"Why you little," Mr. Granger walked toward Hermione, his face bright red with anger. "You will come with us." He grabbed hold of her arm.

"Let go of her arm" Dumbledore said, never raising his voice.

"What are you going to do about it?" Mr. Granger spat.

"I had hoped it would not come to this," Dumbledore sighed, "but, nevertheless." Dumbledore cast an immobulus spell; Mr. Granger could still hear and see, but he could not move.

"Now I will tell you the truth. Some parts of this even Harry and Hermione do not know, so you will have to be patient."

"It all started when Harry and Hermione went to visit their mutual best friend, Ronald Weasly, in hospital. They were attacked by Death Eaters." Everyone in the room could tell that Mr. Granger was dying to say something but could not in his condition. Therefore, Dumbledore simply ignored him and continued.

"As I was saying, they were cornered and were hit by a powerful curse. They were injured and could possibly have been in serious trouble -- that is, until the Eros charm saved them. The charm, as you have, seen activates when they are in danger of dying. It can heal even the most brutal curses and can save the couple that it chooses to help. There is a bright golden dome, full of the love that they share, that surrounds the couple."

Harry and Hermione were shocked; they had not known this; but it did explain why they felt the way they did while they were inside the dome.

"Only two people who are soulmates and love each other purely, in the truest sense of the term, are chosen by the Eros charm. Your daughter and Harry truly love each other. The charm proves this.

"The reason they are sharing a bed is that they are linked. Each knows everything about the other. They share memories, knowledge, fears, ambitions and their love for each other. Right at this moment, they ill know what the other is thinking and feeling. When Mr. Granger was punching Harry, he was not only hurting him, but also Hermione."

Hermione just nodded her head sadly.

"They have to sleep together, as the bond is at its strongest when they are asleep; it energises itself. They will be together for eternity and there is no way of getting around this fact"

Mrs. Granger was shocked, she had never expected this. "So they are linked and love each other and can heal each other?"

"Yes, that is correct. Neither can survive if one is in pain or dies."

Mrs. Granger's face paled. "Do you mean that, if one dies, the other will as well?"

"Precisely. They cannot function without each other. That is enough of this for now. I must talk to Harry and Hermione alone. I will have to ask you to leave." Dumbledore removed the spell from Mr. Granger, and his wife and he left the room -- but not before he glared at Harry to make sure he knew he was not happy about their relationship.

Dumbledore turned to Harry and Hermione, "I am deeply disappointed in both of you."

"But sir, we never -- I mean, we did not ..." Harry did not know what to say

"We did not make love," Hermione blurted it out.

"We had out bottoms on ... just not our ..."

"I get the picture," Dumbledore raised his hands. "I am relieved, but I am still disappointed. There is also something more important to talk about, however. You are no doubt wondering why you were able to freeze your father, Hermione."

Hermione and Harry both nodded.

"Hermione, while you were in training with me, I saw something. I was not sure if it was in you or Harry. I am still not. But you have the ability to use season magic."

"But how can you not be sure? Hermione froze her father, not me."

"That is true, Harry. However, both of you will have the power, as you share everything. Professor McGonagall and myself are researching to find out its source. All I can tell you t the moment is that it had been a very long time since someone has had the ability of season magic along with the Eros charm."

Harry and Hermione looked at each other, they could not believe what was happening. They had season magic -- not that they knew what it was, but they could tell it must be important. The last people to have it also had the Eros charm. This was too weird, even for them

Hermione spoke. "Professor, what is season magic?"

"It is the most powerful branch of magic. With it, you will be the most powerful witch and wizard on earth. But you will have to train hard; it will take time, but we do not have time. Both of you will be put through intensive training to prepare you for your battle with Tom. There is something I have not told you that you should know. I was not gong to tell you, but I was convinced ... otherwise," Dumbledore glanced at McGonagall. "We are quite sure you will have to face Tom this year. We are delaying it as much as possible. I can't go into all the details, but you should know he will come after you. It is vital that you put lots of effort into this. You must train very hard if you want to win."

The anger within Harry was building; Dumbledore had said he was not going to keep secrets from him anymore, but he had. The only reason he told them was because of McGonagall.

"You said you would never keep secrets from me again! You promised!"

Hermione put her hand on Harry's arm. She knew he was hurting and angry, but he could not lose his temper.

"Harry, I understand how you feel, and I am truly sorry. But we must leave. The only thing I can say is that you know the truth, and there is nothing else I am keeping from you. You must believe that," Dumbledore and McGonagall left without waiting for a reply.

After they had shut the door, Hermione broke down. She needed to cry, to let her feelings out about her parents, what happened to Harry and what was about to come. She knew it would be hard, and that they would be pushed to their limits, but they would make it. As long as they remained strong and had each other, they would be fine. The love they share would get them through their love would save them. Harry wrapped his arms around Hermione and held her. He could not think of anything that would make her feel better. Instead he just held her close.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Again thanks to everyone who has reviewed. Please review. A big thanks again to Steph for moderating the story and making some changes for me. I have finished exams and will be updating regularly again.
Chapter 13: Season magic by iceblue
Chapter 13: Season magic


When Hermione awoke, she could feel Harry’s arms around her holding her to him. She felt so safe, just being in his embrace made her feel safe. She was replaying the events of the day before in her mind, what Harry and herself had done during the night. The way she felt when hem touched her, the way he looked at her. It made her feel special; it made her feel better about the way she looked. She knew she was not the prettiest woman in Hogwarts but to Harry she could be. Harry truly loved her and found her attractive. She was ecstatic, she would not have to leave, and she would be with this man for the rest of her life. She knew with Harry’s help she would be able to get through this and that he would be her first.

Harry was awoken by Hermione’s thoughts; he was also remembering what happened during the night. He was happy knowing that she did not regret it. He enjoyed it and loved her; he would just have to show her how much. He thought about what she had told him about the way she was treat, the way people bullied her because of the way she looked and acted. It made him so angry, angry that people could say such things about such a truly beautiful woman who had such big heart. She was kind and caring. She would risk her life for him and he would risk his life for her. He knew that he would be happy with Hermione for the rest of his life; he knew this because he truly loved her and was willing to wait for the time when she felt ready to give herself to him completely.

Hermione could hear what he was saying in his mind, she knew he loved her and she loved him. Her feelings for him went beyond love. She felt so close to him; she wanted him to know how she felt but there were no words for it. She felt so alive when she was with him, when she was not with him she felt as if she would not be happy again. She knew that this was because of the Eros charm but she also knew that the feeling was there before. Maybe it was not as strong but being away from Harry during the holidays made her feel strange. Harry and she had always been so close; they could talk about anything without being scared about the other’s reaction. Harry had told her things he had never told anyone and she had done the same. Before the Eros charm, they were so close, as close as two people could be. Even though they were not in a romantic relationship, they had everything else. They trusted each other with their life, they trusted each other with their inner most thoughts and fears, and they were always there for each other and were willing to help one another. Going away from that during the school holidays was dreadful, she felt alone. Harry was the only person she could truly talk to. Yes, there was Ron, but as she has always said, he has the emotional range of a teaspoon. However, Harry. He was so…so kind and caring for her. Even if he did not know what to say like yesterday he would just hold her, and this would make he feel better. Harry was the one person who truly understood her and she truly understood him. They were meant to be together and she knew Harry loved her and found her attractive even if no one else did.

Harry could hear what she was saying and interrupted her thoughts
“Hermione, I love you and you know that. I could not help overhearing what you were thinking. I felt the same way with you. Even without the Eros charm, we knew each other better than anyone else did. We found that we love each other before the Eros charm. Hermione I know what you are thinking: that I only love you like this because of the charm but that is not true. I have loved you for a while now but have not wanted to ruin our friendship. I love you Hermione Granger and want to spend the rest of my life with you. You are my life Hermione, without you I would be nothing.”

Hermione began to cry with happiness, she knew what Harry was saying was true. Before she knew what she was doing, she locked her lips onto Harry’s. They were holding each other in their arms passionately kissing. Hermione bit Harry’s bottom lip wanting to taste him, wanting to feel his mouth. Harry allowed her to enter and their tongues danced in his mouth. They were truly in love and were truly happy to be with each other. Harry’s hands roaming around Hermione’s body when they fell on her breast. He did not want to do anything, which would upset her or force her to do anything she was unhappy about so he slowly touched them with his hands and Hermione broke the kiss and smiled. She quickly removed her top.

***


Harry was lying on the settee in front of the fire with Hermione lying on stop of him snuggled into the crook of his shoulder.

“Hermione, Dumbledore will be coming soon. I think you should put your top back on.”

“I know you are right, but I like being like this with you. I never thought I would be comfortable being half-naked in front of anyone but you have made me feel…feel as if I have nothing to be ashamed of. I like being like this around you.”
Hermione began to smile. She knew she had a long way to go until they would feel completely comfortable around Harry but she was making progress. Just a few days ago, she would not have imagined that she would be lying here topless with Harry and it feeling so right.

“Hermione you do not have anything to be ashamed of. You are beautiful and I do not know how many times I have to tell you. I love you the way you are and I thought I would have proved that just before.” Harry smiled at her remembering what they had been doing.

“I know Harry; it’s just that “ well if you had told me this a few days ago I would not have believed you. We have come so far in a few days. You know that eventually I will feel comfortable enough to go all of the way with you. You know that I don’t want anyone else, don’t you?” Hermione was scaring herself again. What if he thought she wanted someone else to be her first?

“Hermione, stop thinking that. You know I am willing to wait. What we have done is more than enough for me. Now come on we had better get dressed.” Harry pulled Hermione lips to his and they shared a short passionate kiss. The couple went to their dorm to get changed. Again, Harry respected Hermione’s privacy and went into the bathroom to change.

When they re-entered the common room hands entwined, Dumbledore greeted them.
“Ah, Harry “ Hermione, glad to see you looking well. I have come to talk to you about your ability to do season magic. I am sure you would like to know lots of information.”

Harry and Hermione looked at Dumbledore, hoping that he would be able to give them lots of information about their power.

“However I am unable to give this to you. As I have said it has been a very long time since someone had this ability.” Harry and Hermione looked shocked. How would they be able to learn how to use it if they were was no one to teach them?
“Don’t look so worried. I have in my possession,” Dumbledore held up an extremely old book, which was falling to pieces. It was dark brown with gold writing on it. The book was bound in leather. “a book which will be able to give you some information.” Hermione looked as though Christmas had come early, she would be able to read a very old book. “This book is very old and is about season magic. In it, you will find many spells and potions, which only you two will be able to use. There are other books about season magic in the library, and Miss Granger they are in the restricted section before you ask.” Dumbledore smiled before continuing.

“I have granted you permission to the restricted section of the library so you can further research the subject. However, I must advise that you read this first. Some of the other books have very complicated spells and potions which if you do not have the right knowledge could have undesired effects.”

Harry and Hermione looked at each other and were dying to read the book. They could not wait to find out what they would be able to do with this new power.
“I will leave you now, but remember that this is very powerful magic you will be learning. No one can teach it to you. It is up to you to teach yourself. There is a particularly helpful spell on page four you might want to try first. I will be waiting.”
Hermione and Harry looked at one another, what did he mean? Only one way to find out Hermione thought.

Again they lay on the settee in front of the fire in each other’s arms. Hermione read aloud page four of the book

There are many advantages of season magic, one of the simplest is the ability to transport yourselves to any place on earth without needing to use a port key or apperate. There are advantages to this way of travel; it cannot be blocked by any type of ward and it is undetectable. However it is the most simplest part of this magic but it is still difficult. To perform this for the first time you have to clear your mind. Make it very clear and focus on the place you want to go. When you have envisaged this place in your minds eye say this incantation ‘abeo accendo’. You will know if all has worked, as when you open your eyes you will be at your destination.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other.

“No way of stopping it” Harry said “but that means…”

“That we will be able to do it in Hogwarts. This is what Dumbledore meant he wants us to go and see him.”

Harry and Hermione were excited but they knew they would have to clear their minds.

“Hermione, we do it together. We both go at the same time.” He held her close and gave her a peck on the lips.

“Are you ready?” Harry asked

“As ready as I ever will be.”

Both Harry and Hermione stood still and cleared their minds. They focused on Dumbledore’s office and said the incantation. Within a millisecond, they were in Dumbledore’s office and completely unaware of what had just happened.

“Harry, Hermione” Dumbledore said

Both Harry and Hermione looked shocked; they did not feel a thing.

“I see you have managed it then. It looks quit spectacular you know.”
Harry and Hermione had no idea what he was on about.

“What do you mean sir?” Harry asked

“When you came two came out of fire. There was a big ring if fire which you erupted from. The ability to use season magic gives you the ability to use wind, water, fire and stone. Each one is used for different purposes. Fire is one of the easiest the learn, which is why I suggested you try it first. It does get more complicated but I have no doubt you will be able to learn all four branches.”

Harry and Hermione were in shock. Had they been on fire, if so they certainly did not feel it? They did not feel as if they had moved, yet they were at the other side of the castle.

“But…we did not feel anything. We did not think we had moved let alone been on fire.” Harry was confused. How could he have been on fire and been transported to the other end of the school without feeling it? It just did not make sense.

“Season magic is complex; the only people who can master it are truly powerful witches and wizards. The fire was being used to transport you here. You can also transport yourself using the other three branches but it is harder. They were more powerful and therefore need more skill. This is why should master fire before any other. When you were transported, you were not actually on fire. Having the ability to do season magic gives you ability toy use fire, wind, rain and earth or rocks to help you. The fire did not touch you so you did not feel it. If anyone who did not have season magic tried to touch you they would have been severely burned.

“Season magic is complex. More complex than I will ever know. As you master it, you will begin to understand it. All I can say is; read the book. One more piece of advice; please try to remain calm. As you have seen when you are angry or the other needs your help, you will be able to do things, which you cannot do now. The magic within you will help you, but the outcome may not be as good as it was with Mr. Granger he could have easily been killed by what you did. Therefore, I must ask you to exercise extreme caution and do not under any circumstances become angry enough that you would want someone dead. Even if you think you would not do it; it is possible that the magic within you could take over.”

Harry and Hermione left Dumbledore’s office and went back to their common room. They lay in each other’s arms while Hermione read the book aloud until they reached a particular chapter.


Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
I am sorry for the delay with this chapter. I will be updating within a week. Please review!
Chapter 14: Discoveries by iceblue
Chapter 14: Discoveries


Hermione began to read from chapter 10 of the book that Dumbledore had given them.

The most complex potion which can be made using solely the fire branch if season magic is the ‘accingo acies, accingo adficio potion’. This potion allows the two who consume it to possess each other’s body. The potion will only work if the two are truly in love and are willing to allow the other to take control. When the guest enters the hosts body they can still feel their own body but also their hosts. After practice, it is possible for the guest to be present in the host’s body but allow the host to control it. Furthermore, the guest or the host can control the body of the guest while in the same body. This takes much practice to accomplish but once it has been done, it becomes easier. There are many advantages to using this, many to give pleasure to the other.

The ingredients for this potion are as follows:
15 drops of blood from those who are in love,
4 Phoenix feathers,
4 owl feathers,
1 strand of hair from those in love,
8 dragon scales,
1 large dragon egg,
25 fl oz pure water,
1 shared memory from those in love,,
4 tbsp frogspawn,
1 pinch Phoenix ash

How to make the potion:
Boil the water for 4 hours, and then add the Phoenix feathers. Simmer for 6 hours. Add the blood from the male and then the female and simmer for 2 hours. Boil for 2 minutes, stir thrice clockwise, thrice anti-clockwise and thrice up and down. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes and stir for 5 minutes clockwise and 15 minutes anticlockwise. Keep at 70˚C for 30 minutes. Then boil and add dragon scales and frog spawn. Allow to settle and stir 4 times clockwise under the moon. Sprinkle Phoenix ash and allow to stand for 3 hours under the moon light. Bring to the boil, add the hair and memory, stir thrice clockwise and anticlockwise.
Finally add the dragon egg. The potion should turn a bright pink colour and be emitting thick green smog. Wait for the smog to disperse and drink within 1 hour. If left more than 1 hour the potion becomes deadly to all who drink it. Immediately after drinking the potion say the incantation ‘accingo acies, accingo adficio’.


Hermione stopped reading and turned so she was facing Harry. She had a look of pure excitement on her face. They had done it! They had found a way to defeat Voldemort.

“Harry you know what this means don’t you? You can possess me and duel Vodemort while I control your body. It may not be perfect but at least you can fight.” Hermione was positively chuffed. They were able to use this magic to help them defeat Voldemort.

“That’s great Mione!” Harry was also excited; Hermione and he would be able to defeat Tom.

Without any warning, he claimed her lips and they kissed passionately. They did not stop until they need for air became a problem.

“We have to work on that love, if you place your head right you can breath through your noise and not have to stop.” Harry was shocked, where did she learn about that?

“Harry! You would do well to read a few more books; they are not all boring you know.” Hermione was laughing silently. She knew she had just amazed Harry.

“I didn’t know you read those sort of books Hermione!”

“Why wouldn’t I? A girl needs to know what to do you know and when did you start to call me Mione?” Hermione tried to be harsh but she knew Harry would see straight through her.

“I don’t know; I can stop if you want but…”

“Harry, I really don’t mind, I actually quit like it coming from you. But I don’t think I would like anyone else to call me it.”

Harry walked up to her and hugged her tightly. When Hermione could not breathe, she had to pull away and looked into his bright green eyes. They stood there staring into the depths of each other’s eyes until Hermione inched forward and softly kissed Harry on the lips. Harry arms went around her waist and her arms around his neck pulling him closer to her. They were trying to show how they felt about each other through the kiss. They could not get close enough. When air became a problem, again they separated. Both their faces were red and Hermione spoke.

“We definitely need to work out our positions”

“How about some practice?” Hermione began to smile. Harry knew just what to say. She did not answer him but claimed his lips again. Hermione pulled away again.

“We are definitely getting better, but I think we need more practice.” Harry smiled to himself. Hermione was most certainly becoming more relaxed around him.

“And why wouldn’t I be relaxed around you?”

“No reason just, just that”

“Harry I am joking. I know what you mean. But I am getting more used to our relationship and that is thanks to you. Do you mind me kissing you?”

“No!”

“Good, because you can expect more of that in the future. But not now. We must go and see Dumbledore, besides it will give us a chance to practice.” Harry nodded, but he was disappointed, he wanted nothing more than to stay and snog Hermione senseless.

Harry had an idea, since they could not see what happened when they transported. If he or Hermione went, first they would be able to see the other.

“I agree; I will go first.” With that, Hermione cleared her mind of all thoughts and concentrated on Dumbledore’s office. What was happening was amazing Harry Hermione was being engulfed by fire, it was bright red and drawing up her body in a spiral and then she was gone, vanished into thin air. Of all the things, which he had seen in the magic world, this was the most amazing. Hermione being engulfed by flames and disappearing.

“Harry, are you going to show me or not?” Harry chuckled to himself.

“Coming love” With that he appeared in Dumbledore’s office, and the flames slowly faded into the ground revealing Harry to them. Hermione was also shocked by what she was seeing. It was as if he was being born out of the fire. It was spectacular and he made no noise.

“Very good, you are obviously getting better. Now what do I owe this unexpected pleasure.”

“We are sorry professor, we should have knocked first.” Hermione had just realised they had entered his office without even knocking.

“It is fine Hermione, I was going to come and see you anyway. I have some news for you Harry. Please take a seat both of you.” Dumbledore gestured towards the two puffy chairs in front of his desk. Harry and Hermione walked over towards the chairs and sat quietly awaiting for Dumbledore to speak.

“Harry “ Hermione you go first.”

“Professor, we have read the book and there is a particular chapter we feel would help us. It is chapter 10; it is about a potion, which would allow Harry and I to possess each other. If Harry could possess me, he would be able to fight Tom through me and therefore be able to duel with him. I know this is not enough on it’s own but maybe”

Dumbledore cut off Hermione and he began to speak.

“I think that would be a great idea, but we still need a spell which would be able to kill Tom.” Hermione looked worried, throughout the whole book there was no mention of a spell or potion, which could be used to kill Tom, merely allow Harry to duel with him.

“There is no need to look so worried Hermione, there is a way but you have not come across it yet. Before I tell you, I must say this: the magic you need is the most complex in existence. As I have said season magic is split into four branches; but for the most complex spells and potions, you use all four branches as one. This means that you have to master each to the highest possible level. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be able to master the skills to do so. The only piece of information I possess about season magic is that when you have mastered it to the highest level there is a potion, which you can make, this potion along with a very complex set of spells allows you to create a new spell which only the people who create it can use. Do you understand what I am saying?”

Hermione was staring into space, mulling over what Dumbledore had just said. Had she heard correct? Could they create a new spell? If so, this would solve their problems. They would be able to create a spell, which would somehow kill Voldemort. She could see the light at the end of the tunnel but knew that they would have to put lots of effort into it.

“So you are saying that once we master all four branches to the highest level we can produce our own spells?” Hermione was anxious that this matter be cleared up, she wanted to know if what she had just been told was true.

“In essence that is correct. However, there is more to it than that. As I have said, you need to create a potion. This potion is the most complex there is in existence. Only people with the ability to perform season magic can make the potion. Even with your NEWT level potions, you would not be able to create it. There are processes you need to understand which are beyond what is taught here. This is why you will be having potions lessons with professor Snape all year staring tomorrow. You will be required at his office at 7pm in two days time.”

“There are also a few other points I should mention. From now on, you will no longer be taking NEWT classes. I feel it would be better for you to spend your time learning for the battle with Voldemort, which will be taking place this school year. All of the professors here will train you beyond NEWT level in transfiguration, charms, potions and defence against the dark arts. This means you will have no trouble completing your final year at Hogwarts as you will already have been trained beyond the level which is expected.”

Again, Hermione was thinking about what she was being told. Harry and she would not be attending classes; they would have special ones at night where they would train.

“Hermione I am so sorry you have been dragged into this. I know how much your school work means to you.” Harry was talking to Hermione through their link and he could tell Hermione was sad about something.

“Harry, you have nothing to be sorry for and yes you are right my school work does mean lots to me but you mean more. Besides, I will be learning more advanced magic than I would be in class. I am just sad we will hardly ever see anyone, I men we will be busy training and all.” Dumbledore was looking between the two teenagers sat before him. He could tell they were talking to each other and hated to interrupt them but had no choice. There were still matters he needed to discuss.

“I am sorry to interrupt but there are two things I have to tell you.” Harry and Hermione suddenly came back to reality with Dumbledore’s voice.

“Firstly, the potion which you want to make which would allow you to possess each other I think you should wait a few weeks. Once you have had a few potions lessons and can control your magic better. I fell this would be for your own safety as who knows what could happen if all does not go according to plan.”

Harry and Hermione nodded their head in agreement. They knew they would have to wait and accepted it. This just made them even more determined to master season magic. Their lives and the rest of the world depended upon it.

“Secondly there is the matter of Sirius and his will.” Harry’s stomach fell at the mention of his name and he was flood with grief and guilt. “Harry Sirius has left you everything; you have Grimmauld place and all of the Black money. It has been transferred to your Grongotts vault.”

Harry was shocked by this. Sirius had left him everything. He would give up everything to just have Sirius back. He now began to cry letting out his grief. Hermione could hear what was going through his mind. She sat up, went over to Harry, and placed her arms around him while he slumped into her embrace. She could feel what he was feeling and it was making her heart break, the only person Harry had was now gone.

Hermione just held Harry as cried in her arms telling him that everything would be fine. After a long while, Harry began to settle and Hermione turned to Dumbledore who she had just realised was still sitting there watching them intently.

“I know this is a shock to you Harry, but Sirius wanted you to have Grimmauld place and his money. I would suggest that you completely gut the whole house and have it decorated. You will have more than enough money to carry out these renovations. I also have to give you these.” Dumbledore opened the top right hand draw of his desk and handed some papers to Hermione. “These are the plans for Grimmauld place you can look over them and decide what work you want done. I am sure that Dobby and Winkey will be more than happy to help you.”

Hermione was looking at Dumbledore in disgust. She would never allow Harry to have a house elf. It went against everything she believed in.

“Thanks professor, but there is one condition and that is we pay them for the work. I don’t think Hermione would be happy if we didn’t.” Hermione smiled, this made her feel much better. Knowing that they would be paid a fair wage made her feel she was not taking advantage of them.

“Well, I will sort it out with them. Now Harry there are also a few more matters to discuss, are you willing to allow the Order to use it as our head quarters?”

Harry and Hermione looked at each other and both mentally agreed that it would be fine.

“That would be fine, professor.”

“Great, but we can’t use it yet. When Sirius died, the house was magically sealed until you go and open it and tell the house that can and cannot enter. Would you mind if we go to Grimmauld place tomorrow morning and you can have a look around. I will speak to Dobby and Winkey and they could start at once.”

“That would be fine” Harry was not overly happy about going back there but he knew he would have to.

“One more matter is something I knew Sirius wanted to do but now can’t. It is your parents graves Harry. Would you like me to take you to them tomorrow after Grimmauld place?”

Harry was again shocked. He was being offered the change to go and see his parent’s grave. “I would love to go and see it professor” Hermione could tell it was very hard for him not to start and cry again but he managed it.

“Fine, I am sure you two have lots to talk about. Just rest tonight. Come to my office and 8am tomorrow morning and we will leave, you can transport yourselves to see if you can manage a bigger distance.

Hermione released Harry whom she had been hugging unconsciously. She thought it was funny how a matter of hours ago they were both excited abut being able to defeat Voldemort but now everything was so much more complex. They had lots of work to do and Harry had just found that he could visit his parent’s grave and that he owned a house.

When they were standing, they departed Dumbledore’s office using their new branch of magic.

When Harry and Hermione reached their room Harry was silent. He slowly walked towards the bathroom to get changed into his pyjamas while Hermione stayed in the room to change. Once change Harry returned to his room to find Hermione lying in their bed waiting for him. He slowly walked over to his side of the bed and crawled in. He slowly mover over to Hermione and she wrapped her arms around him and placed his head in the crook of her neck. Their legs were entwined and Harry began to silently cry.

Hermione knew she could say nothing that would make the pain go away -- he would just have to grieve.

“'Mione, will you be happy living at Grimmauld Place when we leave school?” Harry was just getting his words out. He had stopped crying but as still shaking slightly.

“Of course Harry, I would love to live there. When it has been gutted, it will be fine. As long as I am with you I am happy.” Harry tightened his grip around her and held her as close to him as he could.

“Thank you this means a lot to me. What do you think abut what Dumbledore told us?”

“I think we will be fine Harry. This year is going to be the hardest ever but we will get through it. Together we will learn and help each other. We will no longer be in class with everyone else but that does not matter. As long as we are together, we will be fine. It is funny how much can change within a day. This morning we thought we would be having ordinary classes with everyone else and now we will never see them except at meal times.”

Harry began to smile “Yes, it is funny how things can change. Thank you Hermione.”

“What for Harry? I have done nothing.”

“For holding me and letting me cry for Sirius.”

“Oh Harry, you having to thank me for. I love you and I will always be here for you. Now I think we should go to sleep.” With that, she gently moved Harry’s head towards hers and gave him a gentle kiss on the lips. She could see his eyes were all red and puffy. Harry just moved his head back down the crook of her neck and thought how strange it was that she could make him feel so safe. They both fell asleep in each other’s arms.

Author's note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to review, it really means a lot. Please take the time to review!
Chapter 15: Unexpected by iceblue
Chapter 15: Unexpected


It was now the early hours of the morning and Hermione had woken. She was looking down at Harry who was sleeping in her arms. His head was in the crook of her neck with her hair covering his face. She gently moved away her hair to see him sleeping silently, she thought how peaceful he looked while he was asleep. He had no worries; everything was gone for a short period. Her hands gently moved along his jaw and along his neck. She could see the goose bumps appearing on the back of his neck. She laughed silently at how she was making him feel. Slowly her hand moved towards his hair, it always amazed her at how soft his hair was. Even though it looked so messy, it was soft and she loved the feel of it in her hands.

Hermione could tell Harry was stirring as his hands were beginning to move and his breathing was becoming louder. When his eyes eventually fluttered open, he saw Hermione looking towards him lovingly and he could feel her hands wrapped around his hair. He smiled at her, moved his hands, and cupped her cheeks. Slowly his hands moved around her face and his head moved closer to hers. As his lips reached hers Harry’s hands were entangled in Hermione’s soft chestnut curly hair. As their lips pressed, they pulled each other’s head as close as they could get. Both wanting to have the other as close as possible.

As their mouths opened and tongues met, they both moaned into each other’s mouth. They slowly pulled away and stared into the depths of each other’s eyes, both seeing love. As their eyes were locked, their hands were touching the nearest piece of skin they could. When they finally parted with a quick peck on the lips Hermione was the first to speak.

“Harry.” Harry was looking into her eyes and she could tell he was sad, nervous and scared.

“Hermione.” He looked at her; she was obviously concerned about him. He did not know what he was feeling he was just numb. He had so many feelings running through his body he did not know what to feel.

“I know you are nervous and are still grieving over Sirius Harry but you have to let me in. Let me help you.” She just held Harry’s gaze, she wanted more than anything to take away his pain. She would do anything to help him all he had to do was ask.

“Hermione, I just feel…I feel numb. I do not know what to feel anymore. I feel sad and guilty about Sirius, I feel nervous about going to his house for the first time since he died, and I feel scared about going to my parent’s grave for the first time. I don’t know what will happen or how I should feel Hermione. Then when I look at you, I feel happy when I should not. When we kissed, I felt like nothing else mattered when it does. I really don’t know what to feel Hermione.”

Hermione’s heart was breaking hearing him say all this…admitting what he was really feeling, having all those emotions mixed up inside of him. “Harry there is no reason you should be guilty about Sirius or being happy. He would have wanted you to be happy. Yes you have to greave but that does not mean you can’t be happy.”

Hermione’s words brought comfort to Harry. Just the sound of her voice brought comfort to him. It gave him hope; hope for the future, Hermione’s and his future, their future together once all of this was over. It made him want to fight not for those he has lost but for those alive. The one person on this earth who loved him and the one person he loved. He would do it for her; he would defeat Voldemort for Hermione.

Hermione could hear what was going through her mind. It brought tears to her eyes; he was doing it for her. She again cupped Harry’s head in her hands and brought his lips to hers. They passionately kissed again and when they broke Hermione said

“We are definitely getting better Mr. Potter; that was the longest one yet.” Harry just smiled at her and claimed her lips again. Their bodies were crushed against each other, their hands running through the other’s hair, and their feet entangled in the others.

When they finally parted, Hermione told Harry to go and take a long soak in the bath to prepare him for the long day they both had ahead of them. While Harry was in the bath, Hermione remembered the plans, which Dumbledore had, give them. She opened the old parchment on their bed. She was amazed at the size of the house. All in all there were 4 basements, the kitchen and informal dining room on one level, the hall, formal dining room, ball room and sitting room on the ground floor, the first floor had four bedrooms, two of which had en suit, the second floor had another six bedrooms and two bathrooms and finally the top floor was the master bedroom with en suit and a private sitting room. Never in her life had she seen a house so big. She did not know how they could have missed the sheer size of this house when they were cleaning it. Then she remembered that most of the house was sealed off and out of bounds, but still this place was huge.

Hermione stopped looking at the plans when Harry came into the room; he looked refreshed and ready to face the daunting task ahead. She knew it was going to be difficult for him but hopefully he would be able to look to the future, their future together in the house.

“What you looking at 'Mione?” Harry said as he sat down on the bed beside her. He wrapped his arm around her and gave her a light kiss on the lips. Hermione smiled at him and finally spoke.

“These are the plans for Grimmauld place. Look at the size of the place.” She gestured towards the plans lying on their bed. Harry just gasped; he never imagined the house would be so big. A small smile ran across his lips.

“Hermione, you know what we are going to do with the bottom basement don’t you?"

Hermione shook her head, and Harry’s smile became bigger.

“We will convert it into a library for you. I will buy every single book I can, and when a new book comes out I will buy that for you.” Hermione was speechless. No one had ever been so generous to her. However, she could not accept. It was a waste of his money; they should not waste all that money.

“'Mione, it would not be a waste of money. You love books, and I know your own library where you could research and just read would be a dream come true for you. Besides we have enough money, so why can’t I treat you?”

“I just don’t want people to think I am with you for your money,” Hermione said simply. It did worry her that people would think that she was just using him for money.

“I know you are not with me for my, I mean our money and people can think what they like. I really do not care 'Mione. As long as I have you, that is all that matters," he said.

Hermione kissed Harry again, she was so happy. Just the thought of her own library where she could read any book without worrying what section it was in or read without interruptions from people. Of course, she would not mind interruptions from Harry.

“Thank you Harry, it really means a lot to me.” Harry just smiled and held her close to him.

“It’s the least I can do after everything you have done for me in the past.”

“You don't have to thank me Harry, I did it because I love you. Now I think I had better go and take a shower before we have breakfast. With that, Hermione leaned over, kissed Harry, and walked up the stairs to the bathroom for her shower.

***


Harry and Hermione materialised into Dumbledore’s office. Waiting for them was Dumbledore and McGonagall. Harry and Hermione slowly sat in the chairs in font of Dumbledore’s desk. Harry was dreading going back to Grimmauld Place, but he knew he would have to do it and that Hermione would be there for him the whole time. As they sat, Dumbledore spoke.

“Harry, Hermione I trust you slept well.” Harry and Hermione merely nodded in response.

“Very good, we will be leaving in a few minutes, just waiting for Dobby and Winky, then we can leave. Do you think you are able to transport the four of us to Grimmauld Place?” Harry and Hermione looked at each other and silently agreed that they would try it. They knew it would take a lot of energy but they would have to try it sometime and there was no time like the present.

Dobby and Winkey arrived just as Harry and Hermione finished their mental discussion and when they were all ready Harry, Hermione, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Dobby and Winkey joined hands. Harry and Hermione closed their eyes and focused on the street outside of Grimauland Place.

Moments later, the group were stood in the Muggle Street to the amazement of the professors. McGonagall was the first to speak.

“I knew I would not feel much but that…that was amazing, not even a flicker.” She was truly amazed at what she had just experienced.

“Yes, that was truly amazing, now I think it best we get inside, it is not safe out here.”

They made there way towards the point where the house would appear, suddenly a house appeared and they slowly walked up the path. When they reached the door, Harry placed his hand on the knob which was silver and had a snake tangled around it. As Harry’s hand touched, the knob the noise of bolts being released could be heard and the door slowly opened to reveal the dingy hallway of Grimmauld Place along with the portrait of Mrs. Black, who promptly started shouting.

“YOU MUDBLOOD SCUM! HOW DARE YOU ENTER MY HOUSE?” The anger began to well within Harry; he just wanted to get rid of her. He knew that everyone in the Order had tried, but he thought of a spell, which Hermione and he had read about. They had not tied it but without thinking of the consequences, he shouted the incantation ‘accendo fluctuosus’ As soon as he said it flames erupted from the ground and engulfed Harry, as he thought about the destruction of Mrs. Black’s portrait the fire burst away from him with amazing speed and hit Mrs. Black’s portrait directly in the middle.

The last that anyone in the room heard was her scream and then her picture turned bright red and then to ash. As soon as the ash settled on the floor all the heads of the house elves dropped off the wall and began to roll down the stairs. Before they could reach the bottom step Hermione tried the same spell. This time Hermione was engulfed by flames and then small balls of fire shot towards the heads and they too were turned bright red and then too ash.

The professors along with Dobby and Winky were amazed, never had they seen such strong magic with such young people. They knew that they had tried every spell they could think of to get rid of the portrait and the heads but had always failed.

“Well, that was unexpected but not unwelcome.” Dumbledore had the usual twinkle in his eyes, and Harry and Hermione smiled. Harry did not feel as bad as he thought he would, spending last night, grieving for Sirius had really helped, and now even though he felt sad, he could see the future, his future with Hermione.

Harry and Hermione had just realised what they had done, and were amazed, they had read about these sort of spells but had never thought they would use them. The spell they used was the same but they used it differently, Harry focused all its power on Mrs. Black, while Hermione separated it into small balls which hit each of the heads in turn, they had amazed themselves, as they had never practiced it.

“'Mione, how did we do that?” Harry was disconcerted, how could he do something he had never practiced only ever read about?”

“Harry, remember what Dumbledore said, when you get angry things may happen.” Harry suddenly remembered and began to blush, the hatred for Mrs. Black, which rushed through him when she called Hermione, was immense and he could not control it.

“It’s OK, Harry, you just have to learn to control your temper,” Hermione tried to reassure him.

“Well, I think we should move on, now that the house has been unlocked you can tell Dobby and Winkey what you want doing and we can move on.” Harry nodded at Dumbledore and handed the plans to Dobby. Harry and Hermione moved close and began to discuss with Dobby and Winkey what they would like to see done with the house.

“When do you think you can have all this finished by?” Hermione asked Dobby

“It will be done before Christmas, miss,” Dobby smiled at Hermione.

“Dobby, Winky -- there is no need to call me that. I am Hermione," she said. Dobby smiled at her and with a click of his fingers, he disappeared along with Winky.

Hermione moved closer to Harry, placed her hands around his waist, and hugged him. Harry returned the hug and smiled at her. He was subconsciously rubbing Hermione’s back and she was playing with the small pieces of hair at the bottom of his neck. They were both content holding each other, finding peace in each other’s arms.

Dumbledore and McGonagall watched the display of affection and smiled to themselves. They could see that they made each other feel safe and secure. It was like watching James and Lily all over again. Dumbledore thought to himself of the troubles to come and somehow knew that the two people standing in front of him would come through it stronger than ever. But there was no time to waste, he intended to take Harry to his parents' graves.

“Harry, Hermione, I am sorry to say this but we have to leave.” Harry leaned towards Hermione and planted a soft lingering kiss on her lips and they slowly separated, but they still kept their hands entwined. Both teenagers looked unhappy, and Dumbledore could tell that this was going to be an emotional day for Harry.

“Right then, here are the coordinates.” Dumbledore handed them a piece of parchment. Harry and Hermione knew that theoretically, it could be done but they had never practiced it.

“Professor, do you think this is a good idea -- I mean we have never done this before.”

“Hermione, there is no time like the present and I have faith that you can do this.” Harry and Hermione smiled it was reassuring that he thought they could do it. They walked towards the two professors and they held hands in a small circle. They both concentrated on the coordinates, a ring of fire surrounded the group, and then they were gone.

A second later they were standing on a small footpath which was leading towards a small gate. The weather could not have been better, the sun was shining and there was no cloud in sight. It was obvious that this was a Muggle graveyard. Harry took a sharp intake of breath at the sight. Hermione let go of his hand and wrapped her arm around him tying to comfort him. Harry was grateful and slowly wrapped his arm around her. Hermione whispered into his ear

“Everything will be fine Harry, I will be here.” Harry knew that Hermione would be there for him and would help him get through this. They slowly walked towards the gate of the graveyard and Dumbledore pointed towards two graves, which were at the top if a small hill. Harry and Hermione made their way towards the graves leaving the professors behind. As they reached the graves of Harry’s parents, he began to sob. He could not hold it in any longer. He did not think he would ever have this chance. He sunk to the floor in between the graves and cried. Hermione slowly made her way down towards him and just held him whispering words of comfort to him and he held on to her as if she was his lifeline.

Harry sat sobbing into Hermione’s shoulder until a loud noise was heard. Hundred’s of Death Eaters were making there way towards them. Harry and Hermione panicked. What would they do? There was no way they could fight all them. The stood sharply, looked at each other, and gulped. They had no idea what spell could help them. None they ad looked at were powerful enough. But before they knew what was happening they felt the need to hold each other and when their bodies touched the loud whistling noise was heard and then everything went quiet. The weather changed from being a hot summer’s day to being dull, it was not cold in fact it was quit hot, but there were clouds in the sky.

Harry and Hermione looked at the scene before them. Everything was still. The Death Eaters along with the professors were frozen in various positions. The only people who could move were Harry and Hermione. They turned and faced each other.

“Hermione what have we done?” Harry was panicking. Hermione furrowed her brow and Harry could tell she was thinking.

“I think we have paused time Harry” Hermione barely whispered.

“WHAT!” Harry was truly shocked. He did not think it possible. How would they re start it, they did not know what they had done.

“Harry, calm down”

“Calm down, you want me to calm down?” Harry could not believe what she had just said. They had just frozen time and she said to be calm!

“Really Harry, all we have to do is use our magic to start it again.”

“Really and how are we supposed to do that?” Hermione ignored his sarcasm and spoke.

“Firstly we need to go back to Hogwarts and have a look at some books.” Harry merely nodded at Hermione and they slowly made their way towards the professors who were in battle with the Death Eaters. They all joined hands. In a flash of fire, they were back in the common room.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. Thanks to everyone who has reviewed. Please take the time to review!

If anyone out there would be interested in BETA reading future chapters please email me at iceblue645@yahoo.co.uk
Chapter 16: When time stops by iceblue
Chapter 16: When time stops


When they entered the common room, Dumbledore and McGonagall just stood there in the same position as they were in the graveyard. Harry walked towards the settee and lay down, Hermione joined him after picking up a pile of books. She knew it would probably take them a while to figure out what to do. They lay there in each other’s arms silently reading one book after another. Neither said anything to the other, they both knew how important this was.

After three hours of solid reading Hermione let out a sigh.

“We definitely did not do this using fire magic.” Harry merely nodded in agreement. After looking through all their books on the fire branch of season magic, a spell to pause time was not there.

“Hermione I need a break.” Hermione nodded then began to smile.

“We could always get in some more practice.” Harry smiled back at her liking this idea a lot; he knew she was not talking about magic.

Harry moved closer to Hermione and began to run his hands through her chestnut coloured hair. His mouth moved closer to hers and they began to kiss slowly at first but quickly picking up pace. Their tongues were dancing inside her mouth. Harry’s hand left her hair and began to travel to the bottom of her neck, pushing her closer to him.

They could not get close enough. Hermione broke the kiss and led Harry over to the settee in front of the roaring fire. As soon as they were both settle on the settee, there lips met again, they both needed to be close to the other, their link became active, it was impossible to tell whose thoughts, and feelings were whose.

Their feeling of love combined and they could not stop kissing and touching each other. Harry was nibbling on Hermione’s bottom lip; he knew she always loved this. Hermione was overwhelmed, firstly by the way Harry obviously felt about her. Because of the link, she could feel hat he felt about her and she knew that she had found the one. Secondly, what she was doing to him, she could feel his feelings making her want more. She was impatient. Without warning, she moved Harry’s hand to the bottom of her top and smiled at him. Harry smiled back and roughly removed her top.

***


Harry and Hermione were lying naked in each other's arms, both staring into the depths of each others eyes. Hermione truly had no regrets.

“'Mione, how do you feel?” Hermione snuggled into the crook of his shoulder when he said this. He was thinking of her and was concerned for her. She knew that no one would love her as much as Harry did.

“A bit sore and hungry but other then that fine.” Harry was thinking about what she had said -- was she in pain? He had hoped not, and she had said she was fine. But this was Hermione and she would not let people worry about her.

“Are you really fine Hermione?” It was evident in Harry’s voice that he was concerned for her

“Honestly Harry, I am fine. Just hungry.”

“Hungry eh? What would you like to eat?”

Hermione began to think, and then she knew what she wanted. It is what she was never allowed at home because there was too much fat in it.

“Well I was thinking we could have the Full English breakfast -- after all many people eat it after ... well ... what we've done, and we need to keep our strength up.” She slowly raised her head and smiled sheepishly at him.

Harry smiled as the thoughts came back to him. Another thought also surfaced.

“Hermione, do you feel comfortable? I mean after everything you have told me.” Hermione smiled at him again; she could truly say that she did feel comfortable, no one had ever seen her like this before, and she doubted anyone other than Harry would either.

“I have never felt so comfortable in my life, Harry. I love you and have no regrets about what we have done.” She then began to detangle herself from him.

“I think I need a shower -- would you care to join me?” Hermione asked.

Harry cracked a smile. “What about your English Breakfast?”

“That can wait until we are clean. Besides this will be more fun.”

Harry just smiled and they raced up the stairs towards their room where the bathroom was.

***


Harry and Hermione returned to the common room hand in hand after an hour because of certain distractions they could not avoid. They had both changed their cloths and were ready for something to eat.

Hermione walked over to the bookshelf, which was situated in the corner of the room, removed a brown tattered book, and began to search for the correct page. When she found it she began to read aloud.

The art of conjuring is difficult using a wand but when it comes to using the fire branch of season magic it is even harder. You must envisage clearly in your mind what you want to appear exactly as it should be. An example is food. If you want a full English breakfast you must envisage the eggs, bacon, beans, sausage, fried bread, black pudding, mushrooms and tomato. If you merely envisage these ingredients cooked your breakfast will be ruined. You must think about how you would like them to be cooked. For example what they were fried in, butter or oil, how well done were they etc. If you envisage what you want and how you want it to be cooked you will have no trouble conjuring. This applies to anything, as long as you give enough detail it will work. The incantation is ‘elicio’.

“So do you want to do it or should I?”

“I think it would be better for you to try, Harry.”

Harry smiled; he liked the idea of being the one to make a meal for them. “How do you want your breakfast cooked?”

“In lots of butter,” Hermione smiled -- she knew it was not healthy, but didn't care.

“Fine,” Harry smiled towards her and thought hard about all of the ingredients for the full English breakfast and how they would be cooked. As he said the incantation, and a ring of fire burst on the coffee table in front of the settee. After a moment, the fire ebbed and on the table was an English breakfast for two. Hermione looked amazed. The smell of the perfectly cooked sausage, bacon and black pudding was making her mouth water. She could not wait to eat.

Hermione turned to Harry, gave him a small peck on the lips, and then began to eat. The tastes within her mouth were spectacular, the bacon was crispy and she could taste the butter it had been cooked in. It was probably the most fatty meal she had ever eaten but it tasted so good, the fried bread was really crispy and she could taste the flavours of the meat it had been cooked with.

“So, do you like it then?”

“It is delicious, but we may need more exercise after all this.”

Harry smiled and stared eating his own meal again.

After finishing their meal Harry and Hermione decided they would go down to the library to try to find a way to re start time. When they got there, Harry and Hermione began to search through the old dusty books.

After forty minutes Hermione found a book that looked promising; it was on Season magic and was extremely old. She had never seen a book so old in her life. As she scanned the contents, her heart began to beat very fast. She thought she had found it. A second later Harry was by her side, having heard what was going through her mind.

Hermione opened the book to the correct page and began to read. Her heart stopped. Did this mean what she thought it did?


Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. Thanks to everyone who has reviewed and to Steph for moderating the chapter and helping me with parts of the chapter. Please take the time to review!
Chapter 17: The power of water by iceblue
Chapter 17: The power of water


“'Mione what is it?”

“It’s…it’s -- to restart time we will have to learn a very complex spell and make a potion. The only problem is that three of the ingredients for the potion are extremely rare. Snape would have most of the ingredients but others like the ‘cerintha usque’ flower we would be hard pushed to find. You see they only grow in one place and they are hard to find. Other ingredients such as the Phoenix feather, blood, hair and things are easy to come by, but we also need ingredients that do not exist anymore. Season magic is extremely old, and some of the ingredients have disappeared. I just don’t know what we will do.” Harry stepped closer to her and hugged her tightly, he knew they would be able to figure it out; they just needed to sit and think.

Hermione clung to him, she was beginning to cry, what if they were unable to do it? What would they do if they couldn’t? Harry just held her and was saying comforting words to her. The he remembered something, which he had read while trying to find a spell, which they could use.

“'Mione I think I know a way we would be able to re start time. I know it would be risky and may take a while but it is worth a shot. You know how Dumbledore said that once we had mastered all of the branches of season magic, we would be able to create our own spells; ones which only we could use.” Hermione nodded into the crook of his neck.

“Well why can’t we make a spell to restart time?” Hermione began to contemplate the idea, they would have to master another three branches and then make a very complex potion at the end, which they have no idea how to do but she had no doubt, that they would be able to read a few books and learn the skills but there was another problem.

“Harry I don’t think it will work, because we have used a spell to stop time -- but I don’t think you can make another spell the counter its effects. We have to use the spell, which was designed to re-start time. But we could still use your idea only a little differently. What if we made a spell that would give us all of the ingredients we need to restart time? That way we would be using the original spell.” Harry hugged Hermione tighter and gave her a peck on the lips.

“That sounds great Hermione; you always know what to do!” Hermione smiled and reminded him that most of it was his idea.

“How long do you think it will take us?” Hermione thought long and hard about this question.

“About four weeks if we really work hard. We will have to spend one week on each branch then one week preparing and practicing using all three as one. Then after that, the potion we need to make the spell takes another six weeks to brew, and there is another problem. Since time has stopped how do we know how long the potion has been standing, plus it needs to be sat under a full moon, but it is daylight. Harry, I don’t know how this is going to work.”

“It will work 'Mione. It has to. As for the potion and needing to be sat under the moon, we could go somewhere else in the world. It has to be night somewhere on earth. As for time I do not know. Maybe there is a spell we could use like a timer.”

“That could work; there are some books I have seen that could help us. But for now we need to concentrate and learn the other three branches. I think we should start with water.” Harry nodded in agreement and Hermione walked over to the table where she had placed any book on Season Magic. Harry followed and they transported themselves along with all of the books to the common room.

When they arrived, Harry was the first to speak.

“Can we start this after we have rested? We need to rest, 'Mione.” Hermione smiled at him and looked at his eyes. They were full of passion. She thought to herself that it would not make that much difference if they had a rest. After all who would know? Without anymore thought she grabbed Harry’s hand and pulled him upstairs toward their room.

***


Harry and Hermione were lying in bead both snuggled up against each other, their bodies entwined in each other. They both needed to be close to each other. Ever since they had moved to the next level in their relationship, they felt even closer. It was strange they knew what the other was thinking and feeling before but now, the feeling was much stronger. Neither could explain it, but since then they felt the need to be close, to be with each other to hold hands or just be with the other. Their love for each other had escalated, they were as close as two people could possible be. They were deliriously happy just being together, for a short time the worry of Voldemort was gone; they knew they would be able to re-start time; it would just take a while. However, if both were honest with themselves, they never wanted to restart time; yes, they knew they had to, but they did not want to. Living like this they had no worried about anything, they could just be together, and be a normal couple for a change.

Hermione was the first to rouse, she tightened her grip around Harry; she loved the feeling of waking up beside him every morning, the feeling of belonging. Knowing that no matter what, she would be with Harry and waking up beside him for the rest of her life. She just lay there her head rested in the crook of his neck with a smile on her face thinking about Harry and how much she loved him. All the thoughts of what had happened and what would happen once time was restarted were gone, the only thought she had was her love for Harry.

As Harry began to stir, Hermione moved so that her face was facing his. Before he opened his eyes, she lowered her lips to his and kissed him. It was gentle at first but once Harry had fully woken, they were passionately kissing and Harry’s hand was in her hair pushing her closer to him. Their lips parted and he could taste Hermione.

As Hermione slowly pulled away from his lips she had a smile on her face, knowing she could do this without having to ask, just being able to kiss him like this made her happy.

“You can wake me up like that any time.” Hermione began to smile and lowered her lips to his again. They began to kiss all the while their hands were entangled in each other’s hair. They both loved the feeling of wrapping their hands in each other’s hair. Harry’s hand began to travel down her back causing a trail of goose bumps in his wake. As they separated again, Hermione began to smile at the thought of what was to come, and how she loved making him feel the way he was.

***


About two hours later Harry and Hermione entered the common room hands entwined both rubbing against each other as they walked. They were met by the sight of the two professors still in the positions they were in on the battlefield.

“Can we have something to eat first?” Harry’s stomach began to rumble, his appetite had increased to that of Ron’s and Hermione was not far behind him.

“Yes, I really need something to eat, you have wore me out Mr. Potter!” Harry smiled at her then responded by giving her a peck on the lips.

“What would you like?” Hermione furrowed her brow in thought, she knew she was really hungry.

“I think that we should conjure our own breakfast for practice but also use another branch of season magic. I was thinking we could use water.”

“Sound good, do you know where we can find out what to do?”

“I found a book in the library which was just about water, and it should be in there. I had a quick look, and some of the spells which are in there could be useful.” Hermione walked over to the pile of books, which were on a desk at the back of the common room. Upon finding the right one, she looked for the correct spell. When she found it, a small smile broke out over her face.

She walked toward Harry and told him what he needed to do. “It is very similar to fire, you need to really think hard about what you want to appear in front of you, what you want it to look like, what you want it to taste and feel like.”

Harry interrupted Hermione, “'Mione, why can’t we just conjure the ingredients we need? I mean what is stopping us?”

“We can’t conjure the ingredients because we don’t know what some of them look, feel and smell like. If the ingredients are incorrect the potion is lethal, and how do we know they are correct. The only way to know is if we make a spell, which will give us all of the ingredients, we need. Plus if it does go wrong, we could die and then what would happen?” Harry’s face turned at the thought, which Hermione had just put in his head.

“I see your point -- what is the incantation?”

“In a minute, but first you need to know what hand movements to do. This is not like fire magic; you have to think about what you want but also about what is inside of you. The more complex the magic, the more you have to think about the power which resides within you.” Harry’s look told Hermione he did not know what she was going on about.

“Season Magic resides within you Harry; this is why you do not need a wand to perform it. You have to think about the power you have and what you want it to do, it is like telling it what to do. Saying the incantation is not enough anymore, for the last three branches you need to focus on what is inside of you. After we have learned water, rock should come quickly but then wind is the hardest and therefore will take longer, but not by much. We do not have to master every spell, which can wait; it is more of a case that we have to be able to control it and the only way to do that it to learn some of the spells.” Harry was beginning to see what Hermione was getting at.

“So what is the incantation?”

“You need to say ‘ab aquarius’ and then we should see some nice looking food in front of us. However, just try to conjure something simple, some toast or cereal to make it easier for the first attempt.

Both Harry and Hermione concentrated on what they wanted to eat and on the power within them. It was a strange concept and took Harry a lot longer than Hermione to get a grip of it. When Hermione had done it she said the incantation and on the coffee table a small plate with four slices of toast buttered and with strawberry jam on appeared along with a pit of tea, jug of milk and a cup. All of this came from a gush of swirling water, which appeared from nowhere and within seconds had retreated to nowhere. There was no evidence that water had been there a few seconds before hand.

***


Harry and Hermione had spent, from what they could gather, abut six days of rigorous training in the art of water magic. However that is not to say they did not have some fun as well. Now they were ready to try the spell, which Harry could not wait to try. It was the spell, which would make them able to create a huge shield of ice around themselves. The shield could deflect almost all curses. It was the most complex Hermione thought they would need to learn for now, there were more complex ones which they would have to learn later but for what they wanted to do this was enough for now.

“Right, you know the incantation right? All you do is think about the power within you and say ‘conglacio tholus’, then an ice shaped dome should encircle you from the ground up.” Harry nodded at Hermione and then began to think about what he wanted to do and the power, which ran through his veins. As he muttered the incantation, a thin dome of ice engulfed him. It was strange to be in; even though it was ice he was not cold. He could see Hermione through the ice.

Hermione saw the ice engulf him from the ground up. It was appearing from the ground and encircling him. She knew what she had to do. She would have to test his shield, if she used some fire magic the shield should hold up. Using the same spell, which she used at Grimmauld Place, she shot fire at Harry and his shield shattered into tiny pieces.

Harry was shocked that Hermione had penetrated his shield so easily. Harry truly looked disappointed in himself. Hermione could see this so moved towards him and hugged him tightly. He responded by placing his arms around her waist and holding her close. Hermione moved her mouth towards his ear and told him that she did not expect him to get it right the first time.

Then she moved her mouth away from his ear and began to kiss him softly at first on the lips. After a few moments, their slow sweet kisses became more passionate and Harry’s hand became tangled in her hair, pushing her face closer to his. He wanted to be close to her, as close as he could get. Hermione’s tongue ran along Harry’s lips wanting him to open his mouth for her, which he did without thinking. Their tongues were battling in his mouth and Hermione’s hand ran up and down his back then went to the small of his neck and softly caressed his bare skin with her hands. Harry’s hands moved towards her bottom and when he touched, her Hermione pulled away and smiled towards him.

“Not now Harry, I wasn’t expecting it to go this far. You will have to wait until tonight, we still have to get the shield right.” Hermione thought how strange it was that Harry had this effect on her, she was just going to give him a quick kiss but it had turned into a lot more, not that she was complaining but she knew they had more important matters to deal with.

“I think I will try this time, you try to break my shield.”

Hermione began to concentrate and then said the incantation. This time a thick piece of ice engulfed her within a dome. Just as Harry could not feel the cold she could not, it was actually warm within the dome.

Harry was amazed at the thickness; it was about fifty times thicker than his was. He just stood there in awe for a few minutes, coming back down to earth with Hermione’s voice echoing in his mind.

“What are you waiting for, get on with it!” He began to smile at her and then tried to break her shield. What happened when he did totally shocked him, not only did Hermione’s shield manage to stop the huge ball of fire which had erupted from his hands but it had bounced it back and was hurtling towards him. At the last minute, he came out of shock and jumped out of the way just in time. The ball of fire narrowly missed him and went straight to the wall where it slowly faded away.

Hermione let the dome subside it slowly began to melt. However, the water did not linger on the floor; rather it evaporated as soon as it began to run along the floor. Harry went running to her and hugged her. He then congratulated her with a quick kiss on the lips. Hermione smiled at him and told him to go and have another go.

After the eighth try, Harry had finally managed to block Hermione’s ball of fire. Hermione was so proud of him for not giving up; for continuing to practice when she knew all he wanted to do is give up. She went to him, engulfed him in a big hug, and whispered into his ear.

“Now would be a good time to go to bed don’t you think?” Harry began to smile and replied with a passionate kiss on the lips. After that, he picked her up in his arms and she squealed with delight, wrapped her arms around his neck, and began to kiss his neck, working her way down. As Harry was walking up the stairs, he could not take it any longer. He stopped and moved his face towards hers, she smiled at him, and their lips met again. Both kissing the other with all the love and passion they felt for each other.

“Harry - I think we need to “Harry began to nibble on her ear “to go to the room now!” Harry stopped and began to run up the remaining steps towards their room.

An hour and a half later, the couple were in each other’s arms fast asleep without a care, both happy to be with the one they loved. Hermione’s face was burrowed into the crook of Harry’s neck and his hands were wrapped protectively around her small waist, holding her tight to him.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Thanks to everyone who has reviewed the story so far. Also a big thanks to Melissa for BETA reading the chapter and to Steph for moderating it for me. Please take the time to review!
Chapter 18: Earth and wind by iceblue
Chapter 18: Earth and wind


Harry and Hermione were walking down the stairs leading to their common room hand in hand both truly happy and content. To day, they were going to start to learn the earth branch of season magic, which would allow them to use rocks and such. Hermione went over to the bookcase and picked up a book on earth magic, and began to search to see if she could find a conjuring spell. After flicking through the book, she was unable, and by the looks of the spells, which were listed in the book, this form of magic was definitely different to the other two. There were few spells, which would be any use to them, and the ones which were, were defensive or offensive.

Harry sat on the red settee waiting for Hermione to find what she needed in the book.
When she came over and sat in his lap she spoke

“There is no conjuring spell in this branch, so I think we will just have to use water.” Hermione let out a sigh; she was looking forward to try this branch. Harry could tell she was disappointed so her wrapped his arms around her, and she rested her head on his shoulder.

After a few minutes, Hermione raised her head and looked into Harry’s green eyes. She began to smile when she realized she could easily become lost in them, but then realized that her stomach was grumbling and she was in need of some food. Thinking very hard on what she wanted for her breakfast; two sausages in crusty brown bread with a glass of orange juice and a pot of boiling hot tea.

After eating their breakfast, Harry and Hermione decided that they should try some of the spells, which were part of this branch of magic. One in particular could be useful to them. It was a spell, which would allow them to materialize boulders wherever they wanted and then move then very, very fast, in whichever direction they wanted.

“Do you want to go first Harry? I think it would be better. Just stand over there and say the incantation ‘actuarius cautes’ and they should appear before you. Then all you have to do is imagine where you want them to go and they will be dragged in that direction.”

“So I just have to say the incantation and think hard about where I want them to go and they will?” Hermione smiled at him and nodded. Harry began to concentrate hard and said the incantation, then he imagined boulders flying through the room swirling around him and then out of nowhere boulders appeared and they followed the path Harry had said. The boulders were huge and Hermione thought it was funny how effortlessly they were flying around Harry and how effortlessly he was making them move.

After a few minutes of making, the boulders move around him he made them stop and they vanished into thin air. When he had finished he felt a feeling of satisfaction that he had been able to do it. Normally it took his a few attempts to be able to do something for the first time, but this time he had been able to do it on the first attempt.

Hermione welled with pride, she felt so proud of him for being able to do it the first time. She went to him and wrapped her arms around him telling him how proud of him she was. They were both extremely happy with the progress they were making and just stood there. Both very comfortable just holding each other and not wishing to stop.

***


After a few days of practicing the earth branch of Season magic, they had been able to master it to a level high enough level. Harry and Hermione were lying on the settee in the common room just relaxing in each other’s arms. Hermione’s head was resting in the crook of Harry’s shoulder, with her hands in his hair slowly curling his black hair around her fingers. Harry’s arms were around her waist holding her tight to him. They were both content just lying there; not needing to speak aloud as they knew what each other was thinking and knowing that they were happy.

If it was possible Harry and Hermione had become closer during since time had stopped, Hermione with the help of Harry had been able to get over her feelings of being ugly. This had brought them closer, and she had more respect for Harry than she had before, hehad not pushed her into anything she did not want to do, and now she could say she was truly happy. Lying there in his arms, with her hands in his hair made her feel complete; Harry made her feel complete. She could not even contemplate Harry not being in her mind, not being a part of her. At first, it had been a shock and it was strange, but now she could think of nothing more natural than to share her inner most thoughts and feelings with him.

Harry now knew what happened between her and Victor and she knew what happened between Harry and Cho, they honestly had no secrets. They now knew everything about each other. There was only one more thing, which Hermione wanted Harry to know, and this is what her childhood was like. When they were looking through each other’s minds Harry had not even tried to look at her childhood, she did not say anything about it but she wanted him to know what it was like to grow up in a loving home like she had, and that what the Dursley’s had done to him was not normal.

Hermione was brought out of her thoughts by Harry’s lips on hers; she loved the feeling of his soft lips pressed against hers. She began to react to his touch. To the way, his tongue would enter her mouth and then retreat teasing her. Making her want him more and more. He knew what he was doing to her and she marvelled at the thought of how good it felt.

Hermione began to enter his mouth, her tongue battling his. Her hands were tangled in his black messy hair, his in hers. They lay there both engrossed in each other, both
knowing the effect they were having on the other.

A while later Harry and Hermione lay in each other’s arms content. Coherent thought was coming back to them, and Hermione knew that they would have to practice Season magic. Hermione moved her head from Harry’s chest and looked at him.

“We need a shower and then practice; there are a few spells we need to learn from the wind branch before we can make the potion.” Harry nodded in agreement. Harry and
Hermione took their shower and returned to the common room dressed and ready to practice.

“Right, firstly we need to try the conjuring spell and then the transportation spell. They are two of the easiest. It would be safer to try the conjuring, as it is less risky. I’m not sure of the consequences if we make a mistake while moving.” The thought Hermione brought into Harry’s mind was not pleasant and caused him to cringe. It also made him all the more determined to make sure he got the hang of it.

“It will be fine Harry - you just need to concentrate and everything will be fine. The book says that we need to concentrate on the power within us once again, and clear everything from your mind. You need to really focus on what you want to do.”

Harry nodded telling Hermione he understood what she was telling him. ”I will go first - here Harry hold this.” Hermione handed Harry the book she had been reading from. She then walked over to near the table and began to clear her mind of all her thoughts which was very hard considering Harry’s thoughts would pop into her mind. But she managed it and thought about what she wanted to conjure. She thought long and hard about what she wanted to appear in front of her - a large wooden bookshelf that would be placed on the back wall of the common room. The bookshelf had large deep shelves and was made of oak. As she began to think about the bookshelf white wisps of smoke began to appear right where Hermione wanted the shelf to be placed.

After a few moments, the bookshelf slowly became visible through the thin white smoke, which evaporated into the air. Hermione could not believe that she had managed this first time. She was thrilled and Harry ran up to her and threw his arms around her and kissed her fully on the lips. He could feel what she was feeling and knew she was very proud of herself for getting it first time and Harry felt so proud of her. He knew that when Hermione set her mind to something that she could do it and this proved it.

Their lips parted and both smiled at each other.

“I am so proud of you Mione.” Harry moved his mouth towards hers, his lips slowly met hers, and the moment they did Hermione melted into his embrace, her arms wrapping around his neck and began to play with the hair on the back of his neck, she loved to do this. Harry’s arms were wrapped tightly around her waste, holding her tightly to him. Her body was molded to his, their mouths clamped together.

Harry and Hermione were wrapped up in each other and they could feel what the other was feeling, and could tell what the other wanted. Their link became even more active when they were like this. It truly was impossible to distinguish one from the other. Their minds were joined and they loved the feelings this brought. Before they knew what was happening Harry had lifted Hermione off her feet, she wrapped her legs around her waste pulling herself close to him. She began to kiss his neck as he began to walk up the stairs to their bedroom. He was having a hard time getting up the stirs because of the feelings Hermione was causing. A few times, he nearly tripped because of what Hermione was doing to him.


After what seemed like an eternity they stumbled onto the bed Hermione and Harry could wait no longer, he reclaimed her lips, both could wait no longer, they knew what the other wanted and it was the same. Without a word, Hermione tried a spell she had found by accident in the library and with a wisp of smoke, their clothing had vanished into thin air.


Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Thanks to everyone who has reviewed the story so far, and please continue to review! A big thanks to Melissa for BETA reading the chapter for me, she says hi to everyone. Lastly big thanks to Steph for moderating the chapter.
Chapter 19: The potion (part 1) by iceblue
Chapter 19: The potion (part 1)



The next day saw Harry and Hermione spending some time together just relaxing. After learning all four branches of Season magic to a high enough standard that they will be able to combine them, they felt they needed a break. They spend the whole day lounging around the common room just enjoying each other’s company. They would lie on the settee Hermione in Harry’s arms and would just do nothing. They were contented just being together. No word was spoken aloud. They were beginning to like the intimacy of talking to each other through their link. They would often take it in terns at looking at memories the other wanted to share.

Hermione was determined to show Harry what her childhood was like. Even though her parents had reacted badly to Harry and herself she knew that they loved her, it would just take some time for them to get used to the idea, and once they had, they would be fine. She had just thought of a way to get them to come around; she could give them one of the books she had first read about Season magic and it would help them understand that they were truly in love and that the way they felt about each other.

Hermione began to open one of her favourite memories from her childhood - it was when her mother and she went to the local shopping centre when she was eight. Hermione had tripped up and fell over, and her mother had helped her up kissing her knew better for her. Harry could feel the love Hermione felt towards her mother at that moment, and the way her mother would look at her. This made him feel guilty; guilty because it was his fault that Hermione and her parents were not talking.

“It is not your fault Harry - they will come around in the end. I am sure of it. When we get time restarted I think I will give them the first book we read about Season magic, which explains how only two people who are ‘soul mates’ can have this bond. It may help them to see that we are actually in love.” Hermione said this with such sincerity in her voice that Harry could not help but believe what Hermione was saying.

Their whole day was spent sharing memories, which they were particularly fond of, and other they were not. Hermione had asked Harry if she could see some of Harry’s memories from the Dursley’s. He had shown her and Hermione was nearly in tears after seeing some of the things Harry had to put up with when he was growing it. It made her determined to show Harry how much she loved him.

***


Harry and Hermione awoke the next day lying on the settee in front of the fire, which because time had stopped was empty of any fire. They both knew what they had to do today; they would have to get everything ready for the potion and the spell they would have to cast to get the ingredients they needed. Hermione already knew what the ingredients were and had wrote them down on a piece of parchment, and they went down to the dungeons to raid Snape’s private store.

Upon arriving at the door, which leads in to Snape’s office Harry and Hermione see that he must be inside as the door, is slightly ajar. When they open the door, they were greeted with the sight of Snape sitting at his desk with his cauldron on and about to add an ingredient to his potion. Hermione went over to where he was and looked at the instructions he was following - she was shocked at the potion he was making.

Harry could tell that she was surprised and went over to have a look. He could not help but laugh when he read the title of the potion, it was the so called ‘love potion’ as it would make anyone you give it to fall deeply in love with you, and it would not stop until they are given the antidote. After Harry had stopped laughing he looked towards Hermione, who did not look too pleased.

“What’s the matter Mione?” Harry could tell she was extremely angry, it was written all over her face.

“What’s the matter with me? Do you not know anything Harry?” Hermione was practically screaming at Harry now. How could he not know about this potion?

“This potion is illegal, and has been for quit a few years - love is not something someone should meddle with and that is what this potion does. Besides people were using to…well you know.” Harry had just realised why this potion would be so bad, and was about to apologise when Hermione cut him off.

“It’s ok, I should not have shouted; not everyone would have known, I only know because it was in a book I have read. I also know because of the same book that if you substitute the ingredient he is about to add with something else the result is something quit different.” Hermione could tell that Harry was intrigued about what would happen if she switched the ingredients.

“So what would happen?”

“Let’s just say he won’t have much of an office left after he adds the ingredient.” Hermione smiled at Harry.

“Will it hurt him; I mean I don’t like him, but I don’t think I would want him dead.”

“He wouldn’t be hurt - the only destruction will be towards his possessions and not himself.” It was Harry’s turn to smile, he may not have wanted him dead but destroying his office was fine. Anyway he deserved everything which is coming to him.

“The only thing which will happen to him is that he will feel ill for a few days; when it is added a gas is given off; not lethal but it does cause head aches and an upset stomach for a few days. But it serves him right - he should not be brewing this potion and he should know better.”

“Won’t he notice the difference Mione; I mean do the ingredients look the same?” Hermione smiled again.

“That’s the best part, you can’t tell the difference; they are the same colour and are odourless. Besides he is about to add them to his cauldron and presuming he does not know that time has been stopped he will think no time has passed and add them. Then he will receive a big surprise.” Harry began to laugh; he was picturing Snape adding the ingredient and the office blowing up in his face.

“What do we substitute it for?”

“Well it’s actually the same ingredient; the only difference is in age. The Mandrake Snape is using is that of a young one, all we have to do is give him a fully developed one and everything will work.”

Harry and Hermione left Snape’s office fully satisfied that he would not be able to tell that they had switched his ingredients over. They also had all of the ingredients they would need to make their potion. All that remained was to start brewing it so they could get the other ingredients they needed. Upon reaching the common room they went up to the head boy’s dormitory where they had set up their potions kit.

Most of the ingredients, which they were going to use, were very expensive and there was no way they could make a mistake, as Snape did not have any spares. After sorting all of their belongings out Hermione began to read the instructions for making the potion.

“Right, it will take about 6 weeks to brew the potion but we also need to practice using the four branches as one. Do you think we will be able to brew the potion and learn how to use them together or should we wait?”

“Just do it Mione” Hermione smiled again.

“Fine, we will have to start tonight. The first week of brewing should be easy as after we have added the ingredients in the right order we have to leave it for week to stand.” Harry nodded his head showing Hermione that he understood.

“If you set up the cauldron and get the ingredients on this list sorted I will go and find a spell so we know how long it has been standing.” Hermione handed Harry the list she had made of the ingredients, which needed to be added to the potion first, already there, were ingredients, which he knew they would never be allowed to use inside Hogwarts even when they were doing NEWT level.

Hermione went over to Harry and was intending to give him a quick peck on the lips before going to the library to find the spell they would need before they could start the potion. But it turned into about ten minutes of heavy kissing until Hermione came to her senses and withdrew her tongue from Harry’s eager mouth and pretended to be angry with him

“Can I not just give you a quick kiss?” Even though her voice sounded full of anger, jut one look at her face told him otherwise. She was finding it very difficult to suppress the smile from growing on the face. Harry simply replied with a no and then Hermione vanished into a circle of flames as she transported her self to the library before she burst into laughter.

By the time, Hermione had found the correct spell Harry had managed to get all of the ingredients they would need for this part of the potion ready and was warming up the cauldron with fire, which was comingout of his hands.

“I have it, took a while but I have it. How is everything going?”

“Excellent, all of the ingredients are ready; just warming up the cauldron.” Hermione walked over to the ingredients and inspected them; after all she did not want to die, and if the ingredients were not prepared properly they would almost certainly die as the potion would be lethal to anyone who drank it. When it is prepared properly, it is lethal to anyone who does not have the power to use Season magic.

“Everything met your standards Miss. Granger?” Hermione smiled at him for using her second name.

“Fine Mr. Potter. Shall we begin? It takes about one and a half hours to complete the first stage.” Harry nodded and Hermione brought the ingredients, which Harry had expertly prepared, over to the cauldron.

“We need to add the water first and make sure that it is at precisely ninety-six degrees Celsius and then add the Mandrake and stir for four minutes anti-clockwise. Both Harry and Hermione watched the thermometer carefully until it reached ninety-six, and then Hermione carefully added the Mandrake to the water. Harry began to stir the potion anti-clockwise at the same speed or the potion would not work and all their effort would be for nothing.

All Harry and Hermione thought about for the next hour and a half was the potion, they hardly talked verbally or through the link. They needed to concentrate very hard on the potion, neither wanted to risk it going wrong, as they did not like the idea of dying.

Finally, they had added all of the ingredients they needed, and left it to stand. They made their way to their bedroom. Both were shattered and needed to rest. They were mentally and physically tired. When they
reached the bed, they just flopped down on it, got under the covers and went towards the middle of the bed where they wrapped their arms around each other and fell asleep, both needing rest but also needed contact with the other.

***




Sometime while they were sleeping, their position had changed. Hermione’s head was now resting on Harry’s chest, her brown curly hair spread about her face. Her hands were entwined with Harry’s and pulled close to her chest.

Both Harry and Hermione began to wake, Hermione was the first to fully wake and moved her head from Harry’s chest towards his mouth. When she reached her goal she lightly placed her lips on hers and saw, his bright green eyes appear from behind his eyelids. Harry began to respond to Hermione’s kiss, and ran his tongue along her lips, begging her to open her mouth to him. His hands began to make their way towards her hair, and his fingers were entangled in the chestnut curls.

Hermione began to moan into his mouth and moved here hands around his chest, drawing small patterns and leaving behind a trail of goosebumps in her wake. The effect she had on him still amazed her sometimes; the fact that she would just do something as simple as that but it was enough. Harry’s hands soon left her hair and began to trail down her body stopping at the hem of her top. Even after everything they had done, he still felt the need to ask her before he would do anything. Hermione knew he would never do anything, which she did not want him to, she doubted he ever would. She broke contact with his lips.

“Harry - please, you don’t need to ask.” She gasped out - her words were hard to make out because of what Harry was doing to her, but he soon got the message when Hermione took hold of his hand and placed it under her top. As she did this his mouth left hers and began to gently bite her earlobe, then her neck and then to the other side of her face. Hermione knew he was doing this on purpose, as his hand was just drawing small circles on her stomach, not going to the place she most desperately wanted it to be, just as his mouth was doing.

“Harry!” Harry knew what she wanted and slowly began to lift her top over her head.

***


When Harry and Hermione eventually left their bed, washed and showered they were left feeling very hungry. They decided to have their newly found favourite meal, the English breakfast. After eating they knew that they would have to start practicing using all four branches of magic together. For the potion to work, they had to use a special spell. Hermione had decided that they would just focus on that one spell; as trying to learn every single one would take months, and they could do that later.

The spell, which they were going to have to cast once the potion was finished, was called the ‘creo’ spell, which has a simple name but required a lot of power and skill to cast. It was the most complex spell they would have learned to date. Not only did they have to mentally think about the spell they wanted to create, they had to do it together. Their minds have to act as one - they have to allow the other full, unlimited access to their mind. Once they have done this they join hands and hold each other close and before saying the incantation they have to summon the power within them and control it - they have to get it to a high
enough level so that a new spell can be created. This was the hardest part of all - being able to control that much power. It was going to take all their combined strength and determination to do so.

Hermione knew that the first thing they would have to do is learn to control the link fully; even though they could do it well it would not be enough when all the power resides within them comes to the surface at once.

“Harry, we first have to be able to control our link properly, if we can’t no-one knows what will happen. It has never been documented, but with all the power we possess it won’t be pretty.” Again, Hermione had reminded Harry how serious it was for them to get the right. They would have to practice until they were ready.

“Do you enjoy telling me things like this? You seem to do it quit a lot.”

“Of course I don’t enjoy it. This is very serious Harry, no one knows what will happen if it goes wrong which is why we have to be careful. I know I keep telling you, but I really don’t want to find out what happens when it goes wrong; I hope we never find out.” Hermione was looking like she was about to burst into tears. The last thing she wanted was for it to sound like she was enjoying it when she told him he would have to work hard on it.

Harry could tell that she was nearly crying because of what he had said, he was just joking with her.

“Don’t cry Mione, I was just joking.” He went over to her and enveloped her in his arms and she wrapped her arms around him. After a few minutes of being hugged by Harry, she regained her composure.

“Sorry for taking it literally, I really have to stop that.” Hermione smiled and Harry’s heart leaped. He loved it when she smiled; she looked so innocent and beautiful. He knew he was the luckiest man in the world to have Hermione by his side.

“You don’t need to apologise Mione, how about we get on with learning to control our link better. I may enjoy this.” He smiled sheepishly towards Hermione.

Harry and Hermione wrapped their arms around each other and moved their lips closer together; they had found that it was easier to control the link whilst having as much contact with each other as possible. Their bodies were moulded together, their hands holding the other close to themselves.

When their minds fully met, they were greeted by the usual feeling of completion. It was strange, even though they were always connected and could always find information from the other; but when they did this the feelings it caused were so much different. They were no longer Harry and Hermione two separate people; they were one. Even though they had separate bodies their minds were fully combined, and this is what they needed to do to control the power, which was inside the two of them. While they were linked like this Harry could feel what Hermione, felt and he could see what she saw, but he could not control her, he could not be like this with her if she did not want it. Both people had to be willing to give everything to the other; they had to trust them more than anyone else as they would be able to look into any memory they wished. It was impossible to keep anything secret if the other really wanted to know.

“Harry, do you feel all right?” Hermione was talking to Harry in their mind.

“You should know. Yes I am fine, just takes some getting used to being like this with you. It feels strange; even though I love you more than anything it feels strange to be sharing everything with you fully.”

“I know what you mean; it will take some getting used to this. We have never been connected like this before. I don’t think we could combine anymore than what we are now.”

“What do we need to do? I mean how do we know when we are ready?” It was strange talking, he could see Hermione through his eyes, but since their minds were joined, he could also see himself from Hermione’s
perspective.

“Don’t worry Harry, we will get used to it. Eventually we should be able to do this and other things at the same time. It is possible to make it look like you are reading a book and be like this when you have practiced enough. People around us would not be able to tell that we were not really in our body.”

“That would be good in classes.”

“Harry! We are not supposed to use Season magic to do things like that.” Hermione was getting annoyed and Harry could tell.

“Sorry - just a thought.”

“Yes well, less of those thoughts and more of ones which might help us get used to this. We have to be able to walk around before we can even consider trying the spell.”

“Walk around! How are we supposed to walk around when we are not fully in our body?”

“You just think about what you want to do and do it. Try to move your body away from mine.”

Harry and Hermione began to try to move their bodies out of the embrace they were currently engaged in. The first few attempts were met with limited success, they had managed to part their lips and when they tried to pull away, properly they lost balance and Hermione fell atop of Harry.

Neither of them could stop the smile crossing their face when they landed, their lips met again; this time on purpose. They both thought that if they were going to learn how to gain control of their bodies they might as well do something enjoyable. Their lips met and it was as if they were having their first kiss all over again. It was not that they were unsure of what to do, but more like they were unsure of how to do it. It took some getting used to controlling their respective bodies when their minds were so fully connected.

After about half an hour they had mastered it and were lying on the floor Harry’s arms wrapped around Hermione’s waist and their lips firmly pressed together. Neither wanted to stop, but they knew they would have to. They could not maintain their current link for much longer. It drained their energy and until they became used to it, they would not be able to do it for very long.

When they returned to their own minds they felt strange; they had become so used to being with each other in their mind that it did not feel normal to be back. Harry was brought back down to earth with a bump when
Hermione suddenly became all-limp atop of him. First, he thought she was just joking around with him, but she did not answer to any of his calls to her. He could not feel her presence in his mind, he usually could and he knew something was seriously wrong, but what could he do? Time was stopped, what was the matter with her?


Author’s note:
A big thanks to Jeeb, padfoots gurl and Jenry for reviewing the last chapter. Please continue to review, I will reply as soon as it will let me. Also thanks to Steph for moderating the chapter and Melissa for BETA reading it for me. She says that she would be happy to BETA read any of the stories for you. Her email addre is bluehpfanaaf@aol.com
Chapter 20: The potion (part 2) by iceblue
Chapter 20: The potion (part 2)


Harry was frantically checking to see if she had died - as far as he could tell she was still breathing and had a pulse. But why was she just lying there all limp in his arms? Something had happened to her but what? Harry knew he would have to go to the library - but he could not leave her. So he gathered Hermione up into his arms and thought about the restricted section of the library and in a circle of flames he had vanished from the common room and was in the library. He placed Hermione on the floor after performing a cushioning charm.

Looking through books, which were about Season magic and some of the effects it has on people’s bodies Harry was able to find a few paragraphs, which described the symptoms, which Hermione had.

While performing Season magic, especially while learning, it is common for people to become extremely tired - this causes their whole body to shut down except for vital functions. The person will not be able to wake up until their body has been able to recover from the large amount of magical energy, which has been drained from them.

However, there is also another way of reviving the patient; a simple pepper up potion administered should have the patient awake within half an hour. It is vitally important that the patient rest for at least twelve hours after taking the potion. To prevent this from happening in the future it is important to gradually build up the use of powerful spells. Once this is done this will not occur in the future.

The only other explanation for someone in this condition is that they have become ‘lost’ while the two bodies have been connected. This infrequently happens and when it does it is to a person who has had little experience with this type of magic. The only known way of bringing this person back to life is through a complex spell can be found on page 56.


Harry read the last paragraph in horror. What would happen if this is what had happened to Hermione. All he could do is hope that by giving her a pepper up potion she would come round. Once again taking her body in his arms, he transported them to the infirmary. When he arrived he was frantically searching the cupboard where the potions were stored. He could hardly think of anything else other thank finding this potion and trying to revive Hermione. When he finally found the potion which was incidentally right at the back of the top shelf, which he had serious trouble reaching he transported them to their bedroom. He changed Hermione into her pyjamas; her body was stone cold. Her face was all white and she was lifeless. If it were not for the faint pulse he could feel he would have thought she was dead. He gently lifter her head from the pillow and rested it in his arms. His thumb slowly opened her mouth and poured the potion in.

After all the potion had gone he held her in his arms hoping that she would wake up soon. His hands began to play with the small pieces of hair around her face, which was void of any expression. A small tear began to trickle down Harry’s face, as there was no sign of Hermione beginning to wake. The first was followed by more until he saw her eyes begin to flutter open.

“Mione” He whispered. His voice was all chocked from crying.

Hermione could not speak; all she could do was nod. Her head felt like it was going to explode. She could not find her voice - when she attempted to speak all that was head was a small squeak. Her mouth was all dry she could barely keep her eyes open. She really wanted a cold glass of water.

Harry was so happy to have her back be softly kissed her lips. Hermione gave him a small smile and tried to tell Harry she wanted a glass of water. Even though she could not speak, Harry knew what she wanted. He always did. So thinking about an ice-cold glass of water, he conjured one. It appeared right in front of him on the bed in a circle of bright red flames. Hermione tried to pick up the glass but found she was too weak and it nearly fell. Luckily, for her Harry was able to get a hold of the glass, he then slowly put it against her lips and she slowly drank. Her throat was beginning to feel a lot better but she still had a splitting headache. After drinking the water, Hermione settled herself in Harry’s arms, snuggled into his chest, and fell asleep knowing she was safe. Harry just lay there with Hermione in his arms - waiting for her to wake.

***


Hours later Hermione awoke to find Harry asleep and that she was in his arms. She could hardly remember what had happened; only waking up to Harry and him kissing her, a glass of water and falling asleep. She needed to know what had happened to she began to run her fingers along the nape of Harry’s neck. In turn, Harry began to rouse, when his eyes fluttered open he saw Hermione staring lovingly at him.

“Mione?” Hermione smiled and leaned forward so her lips gently brushed against his.

“Are you feeling all right? You scared me you know.” Harry’s voice was full of concern. Hermione could tell he must have been worried about him. She knew that if it were the other way around she would have been.

“Stop worrying about me. What happened anyway?” Her voice was still a little bit croaky but other than that you would not be able to tell anything had happened.

“When we went back to normal you were just all limp - you were still breathing and everything but you were not there. I was so worried. I went to the library and found out that it could have been one of two things. Luckily it was the first. It said you had used so much magical energy that you were very tired.” Hermione was beginning to look worried. Would this happen all the time?

Harry knew what was going through her mind and put her mind to rest. “It said that with practice this will not happen again.” Hermione let out a sigh of relief; all she would have to do is practice some more.

“I will have to hurry up and build my strength up then, or the potion and spell will not work. Oh, speaking of the potion we should go and check on it. Just to make sure that nothing has gone wrong.”

“What could have gone wrong Mione? There is no one who could have possibly touched it.”

“We should just make sure that it is at the correct temperature and the colour is right. You know how important it is that we make no mistakes while doing this potion.” Harry nodded his head. He knew Hermione must have been feeling better; she was now beginning to think about work again.

***


The next few weeks flew by; Harry and Hermione were busy brewing the potion and working hard on building up Hermione’s power. She thought she was just about there and it was good timing as the potion was going to be ready in an hour. The last hour of brewing saw Harry and Hermione sitting around the cauldron crossed legs slowly adding the ingredients double-checking everything. Hermione had not stopped hammering home that it was vital that everything went well and that no mistakes would be made.

“Are you ready Harry - once we add this final ingredient we will not have much time. We have to be sure that we are ready.”

“I am ready Mione.” Hermione smiled and added the final ingredient as Harry stirred the potion very slowly. After five minutes of stirring, they poured the potion into two viles and began to drink the think brown liquid. As soon as it hit their tongues they begin to retch. The potion definitely tasted dreadful, but they knew what they had to do. They would have to restart time and if this is what they would have to do then they would have to do it.

After the potion had been downed it was time to perform the most important part, they would have to cast a spell on each other at the exact same time for this to work. Once the spell was cast they would have to join their minds and think very hard about what they wanted the new spell to do. After this, they would create the name and the incantation for it. They were not sure about what would happen after this, as the book had not stated it, so they were in for a surprise.

Harry and Hermione both looked at each other and joined the tips of their index fingers together and muttered the incantation. A bright blue light erupted from the point where there fingers were joined. They could feel the sickly feeling, which they first had while drinking the potion return. Only this time it was ten times stronger and they could feel the potion running through their blood. It was going through them it was flowing through the point where their fingers were joined. It was taking all of their strength not top collapse from the immense pain, which was now cursing through them.

Hermione was struggling to keep count, she would have to join their minds at the correct point or they would not come through this alive. Only another five seconds and hopefully all of the pain would stop. It was unbearable - there was a sharp throbbing in the back of her head, which would rush around her body, and then there was her index finger. The blue light had not disappeared it had done the opposite. It was getting brighter by the second and every time it would become brighter the sharp stabbing pain would increase.

Only one second and she would be able to join with Harry, they would be able to comfort each other as they think about what they want the spell to do. It was now time she concentrated on being with Harry, she said the incantation as quickly as she could. The pain was now increasing faster and faster but suddenly all that was gone. She was with Harry. They were one again. The familiar feelings from the past few weeks were back.

When they were joined like this it was perfect, but she did not have time for this she had to think about the spell and what needed to be done. There would be plenty of time for that after they had finished this.

“Harry”

“I am ready Mione. Shall we begin?”

“Yeah, start to think about what we want the spell to do and you can remember the incantation we agreed can’t you.” Harry smirked. Even though he was not in his body, she could tell.

“Yes, let’s begin.”

They thought long and hard about a spell, which would give them the ingredients, which were required for any potion. The incantation they had chosen. Once they had done this, they were sent back to their bodies with an immense amount of force. There was nothing gentle about this spell.

After a few minutes, they were starting to recover from the effects of the potion and the spell. As soon as they did, their lips met in a frenzy of kissing and touching. They could not get enough of one another. Hermione did not care that they were on the stone floor and that it was hard and cold. All she cared about was Harry. Her tongue ran across his lips beginning for him to open up for her. He did without question and she could taste the familiar taste of Harry.

Whilst still having just a little bit of coherent though Harry transported them back to their bed where they carried on as if nothing had happened.

***



When Harry and Hermione finally awoke, they found themselves in each other’s arms both thoroughly happy that they had been able to come one-step closer to restarting time again. All that was needed was to test the new spell which they had made. When Hermione had fully awoken, she began to wake Harry up. He was still half-asleep and she thought how cute he looked when he was not asleep but he was not fully awake either. As her lips touched his, he opened his eyes and began to smile into the kiss. His arms came up and went around her body pulling her closer to him. In turn, her hands began to play with the small pieces of hair on the back of his neck.

When Hermione’s tongue entered Harry’s mouth, they both let out a moan as they revelled in the feelings they were creating for each other. As their relationship and magical skill had progressed, they were able to know exactly what they other wanted.

When they eventually managed to drag themselves out of the bed and then the shower, they went to the common room where they ate.

“Are you ready to give this spell a go Harry?” Harry smiled and nodded his head. They were both now eager to see if all of their hard work had paid off.

Standing in the middle of the common room, they began to think about all of the names of the ingredients they would need to make the potion, which would eventually restart time. Their was no doubt in their minds that they would be able to brew this potion of they had all of the ingredients, because they potion which they had just made was far more complicated than the one which they now had to make.

Once they had both thought about the ingredients and what they would be used for their joined their hands and said the incantation which they had thought of. Then out of nowhere, there was a yellowish light, which created a dome like shape on the ground below them. Once the yellow light had faded, they could see all of the ingredients they wanted on a wooden tray - they were also all prepared.

The feelings, which ran through them at the sight of this, were amazing. They truly had achieved something and showed them that if they worked hard enough they would be able to achieve what they wanted. This brought them even closer to being able to restart time.

At the same time, they both ran to each other, arms open wide wanting to be with the other. As their bodies met so did their lips with frenzied kisses. You would have thought they had not kissed for weeks not just half an hour ago. But they had no control over the emotions which they were experiencing, because of the way in which the spell had been created it made them want to be with each other. They had found that as they progressed with Season magic that they needed to be closer together and that this was the nature of the magic, which they were learning.

As their tongues came in to contact with the other their arms wrapped around each other. Hermione’s going around Harry’s neck and Harry’s around her waist. They were both pulling the other closer to themselves. Wanting to minimise the gap between them as much as they could. It would have been impossible for their bodies to be any closer than they were at that moment.

After a long time of kissing which quickly turned into more they were ready to start to brew the potion, which would restart time. Hermione had researched the topic thoroughly and found that they should be able to take a few short cuts in the brewing of the potion with the right spells. Because this potion was not deadly if it went wrong, she was willing to give it a go. With the short cuts, they should be able to brew the potion in a few hours.

Once the cauldron was set up and most of the ingredients were added it was time to try one of the spells, which Hermione had found, which would quicken up the whole process.

“Just stand over the cauldron and say the words ‘accelero advenio’ and then we should be able to drink the potion and say the spells which will hopefully all going well restart time. As Harry said the incantation, the potion began to spin around in the cauldron and as this happened Hermione had a huge grin on her face. It had worked. Just as the book had said. Everything was going well.

Once this had stopped they would have very little time to take the potion so that over with they split it into cups and began to drink. It definitely tasted a lot better than the last one but still worse than many other’s they had taken. Suddenly the room began to spin, everything went into complete darkness. Hermione knew what this meant and at the top of her voice she shouted ‘abhorreo distinction ab’. The darkness slowly turned to light and the spinning began to slow. When they eventually stopped they were greeted with the confused faces of both professor McGonagall and Dumbledore. Both Harry and Hermione knew that they would have some explaining to do.

Just as Dumbledore began to speak, there was the sound of a huge explosion somewhere near the dungeons. Both Harry and Hermione began to grin wickedly. Hermione’s plan to get Snape had worked after all.

A huge thanks to every one ho has reviewed the story so far. Also thanks to Melissa for getting this chapter back to me so quickly. Please read and review!
Chapter 21: First steps to forgiveness by iceblue
Chapter 21: First steps to forgiveness


Just as Dumbledore began to speak, there was the sound of a huge explosion somewhere near the dungeons. Both Harry and Hermione began to grin wickedly. Hermione's plan to get Snape had worked after all.

Dumbledore looked at Harry and Hermione as if he was expecting them to say something. He arched his eyebrows and continued to look at them. Hermione knew she would have to say something as both Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore were looking at them expectantly.

"This is hard to explain - do you remember anything?" Hermione was hoping they would have some idea about what had happened; but judging by the look on their faces they did not.

Dumbledore was the first to speak. "May I ask what has happened to Professor Snape's office? It would seem that there was some sort of explosion and by the looks on your faces you had something to do with it."

Harry and Hermione just looked at Dumbledore. They did not want to admit to what they had done but it was obvious that he already knew or that he knew they had something to do with it. After a few minutes of silence in which Harry and Hermione were frantically trying to figure out what they should say, Hermione spoke first.

"I think we should start at the beginning - when we went to the grave the Death Eaters came, we did not know what to do. But something just sort of happened, we did not do it on purpose but...well we sort of paused time." Both Harry and Hermione could see the look of shock in the Professor's eyes and hastily continued "We were both shocked and had no idea what we had done. I mean it's not as though we meant to do it or anything; it just sort of happened "

As Hermione said this as a very angry Professor Snape entered the room "Things just seem to happen quite often to you, don't they?" Snape snarled the comment. This had the effect of making Hermione blush, but to Harry it just made his anger begin to rise, his anger did not begin the disappear until he heard Hermione's voice in his mind calming him down.

Acting as if Snape had not entered the room, Hermione continued, but she could not help but smirk at his appearance. Even though he had not physically sustained any injuries his robes were ruined, Hermione doubted he would be ever able to get the mess out.

"After we realised what had happened, we decided we should return to Hogwarts, to see if we could figure out how to sort the whole situation out. When we got back we soon realised that the potion which we needed to make had ingredients which were not available to us." At this point Harry began to speak.

"So we decided that the best thing to do would be to create a spell which would give us the ingredients we needed. But it has taken a while; although you feel as though no time has passed quite a lot has to us. But we managed to master Season Magic to a high enough level to complete the spell and the potion. Which brings us to where we are now."

All three Professors were standing not quite believing what they had been told, or what they should do next. Snape was the first to speak.

"Why did you change the ingredients for my potion?" He demanded. "And while you are at it who said you could use any of my person ingredients? I have never given you permission to use them!"

Harry's anger was now beginning to boil over and no matter how much Hermione tried to calm him down she was unable.

"What were you doing brewing an illegal potion?" Harry shouted at Snape. "And if we had not used the ingredients, do you think you would be here now?" Hermione grabbed Harry's hand and tried everything to calm him down, she didn't know what he would do if he was unable to get control of his rising temper.

Slowly Harry began to gain control of his anger but not before, he sent jets of water flying towards Snape. Snape created a shield but the water simply passed through it, hammering Snape into the wall because of the force behind it.

Dumbledore after seeing what had happened realised that Harry had become much stronger and, if his hunch was right, so had Hermione. The two teenagers stood rooted to the spot as Dumbledore tried to clear away the water on the floor, without any success. For some reason it would not move. Hermione simply moved her hand and muttered a charm and the water began to trickle away into the stone floor. Both professors who were still conscious were amazed at the level of power Hermione had.

"I see you have both become much more powerful. It is now more important than ever that you gain control over your powers and..." Dumbledore was now interrupted by Fawks landing on his shoulder with a letter. Opening it Dumbledore became angry.

"It would seem that the ministry has detected that you have stopped and restarted time. I am not sure if you are aware that it is illegal to do this and you have both been summoned to appear at a hearing which will take place tomorrow."

Harry and Hermione were shocked - they were rooted to the floor. They wouldn't move. Harry remembered the last time he was at a trial at the Ministry. He got off, but would it be the same this time? After thinking about it thought that, it really did not matter. Like they would be able to take him away to Azkaban.

"Harry, do not think like that!" Hermione scolded him.

"I can guess what you were thinking Harry, and I must ask that you keep control of your temper. It will not help if you go in there and hex everyone."

Harry looked directly into Dumbledore's eyes " I will control my temper but only if they do everything by the book and actually listen to what we have to say, or I will make them listen."

"Harry. You can not go and injure the people in the court." Hermione shrieked. She did not know what was happening. Everything had been so relaxed and calm while time had been stopped. But now, everything had changed. They were in so much trouble now and Harry was getting angry at the situation they were in. She could see why she was angry, hell she was angry but at least she was able to control it.

"Who said anything bout injuring them? I will jut make them listen."

Dumbledore knew that there was nothing he would be able to say or do that would stop Harry from forcing them to listen, but did have one request. "Would you please make a wizard's promise that you will not injure anyone? And I mean anyone."

"I can't, because of Malfoy shows up I'm not sure what will happen." Dumbledore looked taken aback, but he knew what Harry meant.

"Well then promise that you will not injure anyone who is not a Death Eater, and you will only react to a situation and not start one."

Harry knowing that he would not have any choice over this, begrudgingly agreed. Hermione breathed a sign of relief.

"Now what exactly did you do to Professor Snape?"

Hermione answered the question, explaining the potion was creating and the ingredients they changed. Dumbledore just nodded and said that he would sort it out. They were told to be in his office at nine in the morning the next day so they could go to the Ministry.

***


Later on in the afternoon, after Hermione had spend most of the day in the library, again researching everything she could about wizarding courts (according to her Hogwarts library contained books she had not read the previous year), while Harry sat in their common room and read Quidditch Through the Ages. Even though he was nervous about what was going to happen in the morning he was also quit calm. There was one significant difference between the last time he was summoned to a wizarding court - this time Hermione would be there, and he knew as long as he was with Hermione, everything would be fine.

About half an hour after Hermione had returned from the library with a few select books to read, they were surprised to see Ron walk into the room. Harry and Hermione who had been lying on the settee together sprung apart and sat there nervously. This was the first time they had seen him since hospital. There was an uncomfortable silence, which was broken by Ron once he had sat opposite Harry and Hermione.

"Hermione, I am so sorry for the way I reacted and what I did to you. There was no excuse for what " Ron was interrupted by Hermione

"You're right Ron, there was no excuse, none at all." Hermione said, rather harshly

Ron began to blush because of Hermione's response. But he thought to himself that this was to be expected. After what he had done to her, it would not be easy to make it up to her and Harry; but he would try his best. He knew that he needed his two best friends back, he also knew that something was going on between them; something they were keeping from him but they did not trust him. He knew that he would have to gain their trust again - no matter what he would have to do.

"I am not sure what I can do to show you how sorry I really am Hermione, but tell me and I will." Hermione made to interrupt but Ron said "Please don't, I really need to say this. While I was in hospital, it gave me time to think. You see I had always liked you and well...I had hoped that you would like me. Please just listen. "

"And well, when you and Harry came to tell me you were going out, I don't know what happened. I just sort of lost it - it was like I had lost all control, you have to understand that I am truly ashamed because of what I done. I know it will take time for you to forgive me and I accept that but please let me try and make it up to you. You never know we may be able to forget about this one day."

Harry and Hermione were stunned, they were not used to Ron talking to them like this - he was being deadly serious, not his usual joking self, but mature and serious. They could both see how hard he was trying to make up with them but Hermione did not know what to say. She would have to think about it and talk to Harry.

"I know there is something going on between you two - something that you feel you can't tell me, but I really do want to help. I know it has something to do with your relationship because I overheard a conversation my mum and dad were having."

"Ron - you have to understand that it is going to take us time to talk about this. In the end, it is up to Hermione, and yes there is something and I think it best you not know yet. We will have to talk about this sometime; but not now, we have a long day tomorrow but how about you come back in a few days once we have talked things through?"

Ron knowing that this was more than he could ask for from them, bid them fair well and left for the Burrow. Once Ron had left Hermione rested her head in the crook of Harry's neck, and Harry's arms encircled her and held her tight to him.

A while later they were summoned to Dumbledore's office for afternoon tea, which was a first for both of them. They sat at his desk while he served them tea and cucumber sandwiches and discussed what he thought would happen in the morning, but Harry and Hermione knew there was something else - there was something he wanted to say but it was as if he was unsure how to say it. After a few minutes more they found out what it was when he said the words

"I hear Ron came to visit." Dumbledore was eying to pair as he said those words, wanting to see their reaction. But he was disappointed to see that very little emotion was shown.

"You know that you will eventually have to forgive him, don't you? He is going to be very important in the war, you three have always been close, and even though you two have become considerably closer, you still need him. You all bring your own qualities and in the end, Ron will be very important to the success of the war. I truly hope you can find it in your hearts to truly forgive him for what he has done, the fate of the Wizarding and Muggle world depends upon it.

"That nicely brings me to another point - the Muggle world. Hermione, the situation with your parents can not continue much longer. You will have to talk to them, the sooner the better. They have returned home even though I told them how dangerous it is. I was thinking that once Grimmauld Place is finished, they could live there through out the war, but until then they can live here. But you will have to convince them Hermione, and the sooner the better. Their lives depend upon it. It has come to our attention that there is a plot to kill a muggle family and this could be your parents."

Hermione let out a gasp of shock, she was not getting along with her parents at the moment, but she would never want them dead.

"I think it would be best that you go there right now and return to my office with them. You must make them see, Hermione, for your sake as much as theirs. Neither you or Harry would be able to forgive yourselves if they died in this way."

Both Harry and Hermione's mind were spinning with all of the information they had been given in the past forty-five minutes, but they knew they would have to talk about Ron later and that they would have to get Hermione's parents to see and return to Hogwarts.

"I will see you later."

Harry and Hermione have Dumbledore a weak smile and then, within a ring of fire, they were gone and appeared in Hermione Granger's Muggle bedroom. The sheer number of books, which were crammed into the room, amazed Harry; he had seen the room in Hermione's memories but the number of books did overwhelm him a bit. They were crammed onto shelves, which were all over the walls. The walls were painted yellow and her bed stood in front of the window. But even though the room was undoubtedly cluttered with books, it was also clean and tidy.

Hermione could hear what was going through Harry's mind and blushed slightly then clasped his hand in hers and dragged him down the stairs to where her mother and farther were, having heard someone come down the stairs.

Both Harry and Hermione could tell that Mr. and Mrs. Granger were shocked to see Harry and Hermione walking down the stairs of their house.

"WHAT IS HE DOING IN MY HOUSE?" bellowed Mr. Granger, pointing at Harry.

Quit calmly Hermione responded, "To save both your lives. I think we should go to the sitting room don't you?"

Mr. and Mrs. Granger were shocked by the calmness in their daughter's voice. Hermione led Harry into the sitting room, the Grangers following, still shocked.

After everyone was seated, Harry and Hermione on the settee and Mr. and Mrs. Granger sitting in two separate chairs.

"Would you like to explain why you are here?" Mrs. Granger said very harshly. "You know what we think of your relationship."

Hermione was struggling to keep calm, but Harry was helping her.

"We are here to stop you being blown into tiny little pieces by Voldemort."

"You can't possibly be serious - why would he want us dead?" responded Mr. Granger having calmed down a little, after all his doctor had said he should not become stressed - it was bad for his heart.

"Because you are muggle and my parents." Hermione said simply looking her father in the eye.

"What difference would that make?" He asked.

"Because he hates muggles, and I am as he says a 'mudblood' and also with Harry."

"AHA, THAT'S THE PROBLEM, HIM!" he shouted again, rising from his chair.

"Farther, you had better calm down now, or I will be forced to freeze you again. But this did not have the effect she had doped for. Rolling her eyes she sent a stream of water towards her farther which on contact froze him, making him look slightly blue.

Hermione's mother let out a shriek. She was shocked which the ease at which Hermione was able to do this.

"He's fine - he can still hear us, he just can't interrupt. I warned him but he did not listen.

"Now there are some things you should know - things I have not told either of you. No matter if I was with Harry or not, Voldemort would still be after me, because of who I am."

"What exactly are you?"

"Well, it's a bit hard to understand but there is this whole thing in the wizarding world about 'purity of blood' and those who are not pure blood should not be able to perform magic."

Hermione could see the cogs turning in her mother's head.

"A bit like Limpieza de Sangre?"

Hermione was not surprised with this reference, and was happy her mother had made it; maybe it would help her to understand.

"Yeah, like that. Anyway, because I am muggle born according to them I am not as good as them. Which complete rubbish but that is their beliefs. Voldemort was defeated by Harry when he was a baby - because of his mother's love for him who died saving him. Anyway, to cut a long story short, ever since we started Hogwarts he has been trying to get Harry and return to full power.

"I, along with you are now involved and I would have it no other way. If it were not for Harry, I would be dead now." Hermione seeing the look on her mother's face thought she should explain. "In my first year there was a troll which was let into Hogwarts, and it would have killed me if it were not for Harry."

"There have also been other times, but you will find them out later. But you have to understand the danger the two of you are in. You must leave the house. We can put charms on it, which may help, but they will not keep you completely safe. You must come to Hogwarts, for your own safety."

Hermione knew she was pleading and did not care - she just wanted to make them understand.

"What about our practice - we can't just leave it can we? I mean" Hermione interrupted her mother.

"Who says you'll be alive to have a practice if you don't come. There are some spells we will cast on the house and the practice which will keep them safe, but they have to be unoccupied, and if people come and go it weakens them."

Mrs. Granger was again processing all the information she was being given. It looked as though they had no choice. But there was still the matter of her daughter and boyfriend sharing a bed.

"What about you and Harry?" Hermione knew this would one up as well and sighed knowing she would have to tell them the truth, but also that it was not safe to say it here.

"We will tell you everything at Hogwarts - it is not safe here we need to leave quickly."

Mrs. Granger gave a small nod, saying she knew they would have to go. Hermione whispered an incantation and Mr. Granger unfroze and though he did not out up a fight about leaving, it was obvious that he was not best pleased with his daughter.

Wanting to leave as fast as they could Harry waved his hand and the belonging's the Granger's would be needing went up in flames to the cry of Mrs. Granger. Hermione explained that they had merely been transported to Hogwarts and they would see them soon enough.

To cast the protection spells on the house, Harry and Hermione joined hands, and looked into each other's eyes. Joining their minds as they had learned and they began to rise from the ground. Below them water. Fire and wind were swirling around and at the command of Harry and Hermione began to flow through the walls of the house, protecting it from anyone, which would try to enter or destroy the house. When they landed again they were met with the surprised look of Hermione's parents.

"How did you? When did you?" Mr. Granger was searching for words to describe which he had just witnessed, but he could not find any. It was by far the most amazing thing he had seen in his life so far. The way they were looking at each other, the power he could feel being emitted from them was unreal.

Harry brought him out of his thoughts and Hermione joining hands and beckoning the Granger's to do the same. They were a little reluctant at first but after Hermione had reassured them everything would be fine they did as they were told.

In no time at all they appeared to be in a waiting room of a dental practice, everything was tidy and in its place, not unlike Hermione's home.

"Is there anything you need?" Hermione asked.

"No," was the reply, and without waiting Harry and Hermione performed the same spell as they had the house and again the Grangers looked on in amazement as their daughter spun in the air with Harry as fire, water and wind swirled below. The effortless movements they made with their hands, and the way the elements followed their instructions was out of this word. Again the fire, water and wind began to flow into the walls, floors and ceilings of the practice protecting it from the world.

They transported themselves to Dumbledore's office as instructed and saw him sitting in his chair as if he was expecting them at that precise moment.

Author's note:
This has story has nothing to do with J.K.Rowling or Warner Bros.
Thanks to everyone who has reviewed so far. I am sorry for the long delay but I had some things going on. Hopefully the next chapter should be done soon. Thanks to Melissa for beta reading for me - she says she will beta read any stories for you. You can contact her at skyhighdreamer91@aol.com. Please read and review!
Chapter 22: Training and Talks by iceblue
Chapter 22: Training and Talks




Once everyone was seated comfortably, Dumbledore began to speak.

"Glad to see that Hermione and Harry were able to persuade you to come and stay at Hogwarts. This will only be a temporary measure for a term. At Christmas a few changes will be made, yourselves, along with Harry and Hermione, will be living at Grimmauld Place."

Harry and Hermione let out a gasp, they were shocked. Why were they leaving Hogwarts? It was, after all, the safest place for them.

As if he had read their minds Dumbledore spoke again. "You will stay there because I feel it would be the best place for you -- you would still attend Hogwarts during the day, but in the evenings return to your new home. There are many reasons for this, but the main is that it will make training you a lot easier, and also with your help we can tighten the security."

Hermione, even though she was surprised, could see the logic; it would not be easy to hide the training they were going through at Hogwarts when everyone was there.

"Now, I think it is time for you all to go to bed and I will discuss some things with you Mr. and Mrs. Granger in the morning while Harry and Hermione are on a training exercise. Now, Harry, Hermione, be ready for 3 a.m., that's when your session will begin."

***


It was two o'clock in the morning, and Harry and Hermione were sleeping soundly in each other's arms; that is until a screeching noise was heard in the room. It was almost deafening. When Hermione awoke, she waved her hand and the noise stopped. She looked at Harry who was lying with his head on the pillow and had his arms wrapped tightly around her.

She could tell that he was only pretending to be asleep, so she slowly moved her lips down to cover his. Once their lips touched his arms came to her head and held it there, preventing her from pulling away from the kiss.

What was supposed to be a quick kiss good morning had turned into a lot more in a very short space of time. This seemed to be happening quite a lot now -- she would plan on giving him a quick peck on the lips, but it would turn into lots more.

After the pair were dressed in their training clothes, which consisted of tracksuit bottoms, trainers and a T-shirt, they went to their common room and ate breakfast. Hermione was determined to make sure that they started to eat healthly. "After all," as she had said to Harry, "it is important that we eat a balanced diet -- especially if we are expected to do school work and the training exercises. "

Harry knew there was also another reason for this. Hermione did not want to become fat -- she had noticed that she had put on some weight while time was stopped and to say that she was determined to lose it was an understatement. As if over night she had turned into a health food fanatic, she was desperate to loose weight and Harry could not help but wonder if this was to do with what she had told him that time they were in bed.

She did not take kindly to his suggestion that more pleasurable activities would help her lose weight just as well as going on a diet, saying that Harry should get his head out of the gutter and be pleased that she was tying to look her best for him.

But Hermione interrupted Harry's thoughts, "Are you going to eat that? Or just sit and stare at it?"

Slightly blushing, Harry began to eat his cereal, which contained, according to Hermione two of the five portions of fruit and vegetables they were advised to eat each day.

"What are you trying to hide from me Harry?" Harry was startled by this question. In fact he was not trying to hide anything from her, was he? Hermione saw the confused look on his face and knew he did not know what she was going on about.

"When you were staring at your breakfast, in a world of your own, you were blocking me out of you mind. I thought we had no secrets! What are you keeping from me?"

Harry had suddenly realised what she was going on about -- he obviously didn't want her to know that he was not too enthusiastic on the prospect of being on a diet, as he knew how much it meant to her.

"I was just thinking." Harry could tell by the look on Hermione's face that she did not deem this answer satisfactory and that he would have to say more. "About this diet...could we at least eat some foods which may not be healthy but taste better?"

Harry was hoping that he had not just upset her by saying that. They were due to start their training session in fifteen minutes and he did want to be late.

Hermione was stunned for a moment, was that what he was keeping from her -- that he wants to eat something which was not in keeping with her very well-planned-out diet?

"So you would rather eat rubbish and be all fat and--" Hermione did not get the chance to finish her sentence because Harry interrupted her.

"No! That's not what I meant. I only meant that we could have chips or something every now and then -- not all the time just once a week, and eat healthy stuff the rest of the time. And, besides, you are not fat."

Hermione could see Harry's point of view, she had been pushing it a bit, but she did not want them to become unhealthy and when she realised she had put on some weight it made her realise that what they had been eating was unhealthy.

Hermione smiled and nodded her head. Harry moved towards her and hugged her. They both smiled at each other. At that moment Tonks and Lupin entered the common room.

Harry and Hermione just continued to smile at each other and then greeted their mentors.

"Hi," Harry and Hermione said at the same time.

Both Remus and Tonks replied and told them what they would be doing for their training session before the hearing. "We will be doing some exercise outside. It is important that you are both physically and mentally fit for what is to come. So this morning we will be doing some cross country through the forbidden forest," said Remus

"However," said Tonks, with a smile on her face, "there will be members of the Order there who will try to stop you reaching the end of the course. You must do everything in your power to work together and reach the end. You can use any spell which does not cause any long lasting damage the victim."

Remus smiled as though he had just thought of something. "You may find that a certain professor is in the forest as well. Keep in mind he will be wanting revenge."

Both Harry and Hermione knew he was talking of Snape because of what they had done to his potion. The look on his face when he walked into the room still brought a smile to both their faces.

Once they were out in the founds of Hogwarts, they were given the route they were to follow and told that they would have to run all of the way and that they should expect people to be waiting for them.

Walking past Hagrid's hut towards the Forbidden Forest. They would start and end here following red marks, which were placed throughout the forest and which would show them the direction they, should head in.

"On the count of three, you will go and remember we will be timing you."

"One."

Harry and Hermione were both becoming nervous. This was the first time they had done something like this. And they knew it would not be easy.

"Two."

They both got ready to run when they heard 'three' and they did not have long to wait as they heard the voice of Remus Lupin shout, "Three".

Once Harry and Hermione heard this they both sprinted towards the red mark they could see on the outskirts of the forest, which showed them where to enter.

Once they reached it, they could see the trail of red marks in front of them. Both Harry and Hermione were running through the dense woodland dusking at certain points where a branch would be too low to pass, or jumping over a tree trunk that had fallen over.

Hermione was having trouble with her hair after about half an hour, as it was going into her face. Muttering a spell under her breath it was suddenly tied up behind her head. She could hear Harry's voice inside her head "Where is everyone?"

"Not sure," replied Hermione. "Maybe they want to wait until we are tired. Which I am." Harry could tell Hermione was not used to much physical exercise. She was sweating profusely and it looked like she was beginning to become tired.

"You can't talk," Harry heard in his head, "look at how much sweat there is on you!" Harry began to smile. Even when they were running through a forest not sure when an attack was to come she was still able to get him back.

Ahead of them was a sharp bend and when they turned they came face to face with a very angry looking Snape. They both stopped abruptly. They knew that they would come to someone very soon but the look on Snape's face did not look very promising.

"Taking your time aren't you?" sneered Snape

Harry and Hermione were too out of breath to say anything in return; they were trying to conserve their energy for what was to come. They had no doubt in their minds that they would be able to defeat Snape very easily, but they wanted him to make the first move.

"When he makes his move you shield us and I will attack," Harry was speaking to Hermione through their shared link which did come in handy at times like this.

"Got it."

When it was clear that neither Harry nor Hermione was going to make the first move Snape bellowed "sublevatio acus" and a dark blue light erupted at the end of Snape's wand and was hurtling towards Hermione.

But Hermione was prepared and she silently said "agito tholus" and water erupted at her feat and engulfed Harry and herself. As the water spiralled around them it began to freeze, locking Harry and Hermione in a dome of ice, which Hermione had created.

The look on Snape's face was of horror, as the curse which he had sent towards Hermione hit the dome and came hurtling back towards him, He had to dive out of the way and landed on the moss covered ground.

Harry could barely stop himself from laughing at the sight of Snape lying on the ground and knew what he would do; he said "adorior ab accendo" and Snape was engulfed in flames. His face became even more frightened as he began to lift off the ground with the flames around him. He was completely paralysed and there was nothing he could do. He knew he was at the mercy of Harry and Hermione, and did not like the idea one bit.

Hermione muttered "confervefacio agito," and the ice dome began to melt and the water drained into the ground. Hermione knew what she wanted to do to Snape next, it would not cause any lasting injury but would take a while to sort out.

After she had discussed it with Harry and he had agreed she said "adoleo callum" and it had the effect of making Snape believe that his skin was on fire. From his point of view he could see the fire engulf his body, could feel the pain it was causing.

But to Harry and Hermione he was just floating in mid air crying out for no apparent reason as it was all in his mind, and had his mind been stronger he would have been able to block it out. Both Harry and Hermione were in no doubt that if they done it to Dumbledore he would not feel a thing.

After a few moments Hermione said the counter spell and Snape was lowered to the ground still slightly whimpering with the pain.

The training course did not get much harder, but then again it did not become easier. As they went along Harry and Hermione were becoming more and more tired. They had already passed Arthur and Molly, all the Hogwarts professors except Dumbledore, whom they thought might be the last one. They were hoping that it was nearly over as they could barely keep up a pace, which was jogging, let alone running. They were truly tired out, and they knew they would have to improve their physical fitness if they were to stand any chance.

Harry was proud of Hermione, she had managed to keep up with him and did not complain; although he knew that she was exhausted and that she was in pain because of it. But instead of giving up she just carried on.

They were nearing the end of the forest and there was no sign of Dumbledore - maybe he was not going to participate after all thought Hermione. She truly hoped so, she had never felt like this before, she was exhausted.

But out of nowhere Dumbledore appeared. Both Harry and Hermione were startled at his closeness, but this did not stop Harry creating a shield for them out of fire. The fire engulfed the pair and surrounded them. They could see Dumbledore planning his next move. They did not know what he was going to do next - what could he do. No one else had been able to penetrate their shields, even when they tried to Apparate inside them, it was to no avail, as Flatwick had proved when he was sent hurtling back with considerable force for trying.
Harry and Hermione were becoming even more nervous as Dumbledore slowly walked towards the dome of fire, which had engulfed Harry and Hermione. When he was as close as he could get he starched out his hand, as though he was going to touch the fire. Hermione was worried about what could happen. After all, if they touched it nothing would happen, but what about someone else. Someone who did not have the power of Season Magic.

They were very close to finding out - Dumbledore's finger was so close to touching it that Harry and Hermione could hardly breath. As his finger touched it, the dome of fire stopped being calm. Before it was slowly circling the pair, but now it was truly raging. Dumbledore was crying out in pain.

No matter how hard he tried he could not move his hand away from the fiery dome, it was stuck. The fire was moving from his finger up his arm, causing unbelievable amounts of pain. He could do nothing - he was helpless. It was not only physical pain he was suffering but also mental pain. All the mistakes he had made were playing through his mind, showing many people's deaths, and also people dying in the future because of him, he could do nothing but surrender to the immense pain he was feeling.

Harry and Hermione were both shocked by what was happening, so shocked that it took some time for them to come to their senses. Once they had done Harry immediately stopped the shield, and Dumbledore fell to the ground. They had no idea what they had done; members of the Order were running to them.

When they arrived they were going to take him to the hospital wing when Hermione said, "We'll do it, it's out fault and we can get him there quicker."

So Harry and Hermione held Dumbledore's hand and in a rush of flames they were in the hospital wing where Madam Pomfrey came rushing.

Hermione and Harry explained what had happened, and Madam Pomfrey, she began bustling around getting potions. She admitted that she did not know exactly what had happened, but thought something to help his burned arm would be a start, then some Pepper-Up Potion to try and get his strength back up.

It was a nerve wracking forty minutes with members of the Order coming and going, and them telling Harry and Hermione that it was not their fault. But soon enough Dumbledore did awake and asked to speak to Harry and Hermione alone.

"You two have certainly become more and more powerful." He said this with a small smile.

"We are truly sorry sir, we did not know this would happen." Hermione said apologetically.

"No need, Hermione. I knew the possibilities of what could happen if I did what I did. But we needed to know. Now I feel it's time we had a chat with your parents Hermione. Be in my office in twenty minutes, if you will. I need to speak to the Order first."

Twenty minutes later, Harry, Hermione, Mr. and Mrs. Granger were seated in Albus Dumbledore's office with him sitting behind his desk. Hermione hoped her parents would be able to just sit and listen to what they were going to be told, because she was getting tired of them not listening to anything Dumbledore had told them.

"Good morning." Said Dumbledore.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger did not say a word. They just sat there, as though wanting to get it finished.

"Right, you already know some of what I am about to tell you, but I feel it necessary to start at the beginning. You see, some new information has come to light, which I have not yet told Harry and Hermione, but it is vital that they know. But you will have to wait a few more minutes; there is one more person I am expecting. Hopefully he should not keep us much longer."

"Who are we waiting for, Sir?" Hermione asked.

"We are waiting for Ronald Weasly, you remember I told you he was important too? Well I thought it best to say this once, so I invited him."

Hermione did not know what she felt about this, she did knew that Dumbledore thought it important that they made up because he would play his own part but she did not know if she was ready to do that just yet.

After a few minutes of silence there was a knock on the door, Dumbledore said "Enter", and Ron entered the room. Harry and Hermione could tell that he was a bit uncomfortable, but he sat down on Hermione's right hand side where a spare chair was. Hermione had wondered why there would be one too many chairs and now she knew why.

"Now that everyone is here I will begin. I would appreciate it if you would just listen. I may ask you questions, but please do not interrupt me." Everyone in the room nodded their head.

"Now you must promise that what I tell you will not leave the room. Mr. and Mrs. Granger there will become a point at which I will ask you to leave the room, as what I have to say does not concern you. Before I begin would Ron, Mr. and Mrs. Granger please stand."

They stood and Dumbledore led them away from the chairs and made them swear that they would not tell anyone what they were about to hear. Once they did he waved his wand and they were told that they had made a wizard's oath. Ron at this point gulped and did not look too happy, for he knew what this meant, but the Grangers being muggles did not.

When they had sat down again Dumbledore began to tell them everything from the Eros charm to Season Magic and how it had strengthened them and had given them extra powers, which many witches and wizards did not have. Ron was stunned and was heard muttering "bloody hell" on a few occasions.

"Now I must ask you to leave." He was looking towards the Grangers "What I have to say only concerns Harry, Hermione and Ron."

"But what concerns Hermione concerns us." Mr. Granger pointed out

"Well this does not. It is safer that you do not know what I am about to say. The only person alive that knows what I am about to say is me, not even the Order know."

Harry, Hermione and Ron were shocked to hear this, and could not wait. They were going to find out something, which the members of the Order did not.

Even though is was very clear that they were not happy about it, due to mutterings such as "Think they can boss me around " from Mr. Granger, they left. Harry, Hermione and Ron did not know what to do so they just sat in silence.

"What I am about to tell you will change everything. Ron, if you wish to leave do so now, or you will have no choice but stay once I have started. I am afraid you two, " he was looking at Harry and Hermione, "have no choice in the matter."

Ron did not move from his seat. He knew that if he left the room there would be no chance of re-building his relationship with Harry and Hermione.

"Excellent. I can begin. First off, do you know anything about Voldemort?" Ron flinched at the sound of his name. "Oh come on," Hermione said to Ron sounding exasperated, "it's just a name for heaven's sake." Ron went red when Hermione said this.

"We know that he hates just about everything," answered Harry.

Dumbledore shook his head. "I should have phrased the question better. Do you know anything about his life? Not about what he has been doing." Harry, Hermione and Ron shook their heads. They did not see why it was important that they know what his life had been like.

"Well I will tell you. After a long search I have been able to piece together a lot about him and thus how you three will be able to defeat him in the end."

"It all began with his mother who was living with her family in a cottage not far from a muggle village. It seems that she fell in love with a muggle. Now there was some goings on should we say, we don't have time to go into it fully. You have to be at the trial in an hour and a half, and it would not be good if you were late."

"Any way events took place and she was left there on her own. It would seem she was able to use a love potion, the one you saw Snape brewing, on this unsuspecting muggle. She became pregnant but stopped giving him the potion."

Ron interrupted, "That was a bit stupid wasn't it?"

Dumbledore merely nodded and continued "Anyway it turns out he rejected her and went back to his village, leaving her alone and pregnant. Now his (that is Lord Voldemort's) mother's family were related to Slytherin and they had an artifact, a necklace, which once belonged to him. She took this and fled. It was sold. She later died after giving birth to Tom."

"He spent his early life in an orphanage, he was not a should we say 'nice' person when he was young. He bullied and stole from those who were also in care. When I went and told him he was a wizard, he seemed to know that there was something about him, which was different."

"Moving on, he came to Hogwarts, became very good at everything he did and at which time he was also trying to make his self incapable of dying. Now this is where out tale becomes somewhat woolly. You see there is no concrete evidence that this is true, that is to say there is none at the moment, but hopefully I will be able to procure something to prove this shortly."

Harry, Hermione and Ron were now listening intently to what Dumbledore had to say.

"There are things called Horcruxes, now normally they are not in the plural, but in Tom's case they are. I am not expecting you to have heard of them. It is very dark magic, but I will explain the principle involved. A Horcrux is a part of a person's soul, which is stored in an object. This would mean that even if his body was killed, he would still be alive. Now to make a Horcrux is hard enough, but Tom wanted to make seven."

Hermione was shocked "You mean split his soul into seven?"

"Yes and no. You see you can't just split your soul, he ripped it apart. You cannot just divide your sole into little pieces. To do it you have to kill someone, as this caused damage to the soul and then you can rip a part of it out."

"You see what is happening, he is killing people and then using this to rip his sole into pieces making him nearly invincible."

"Nearly?" Said Harry.

"Yes Harry, nearly. You see there is something else. To store the soul you need an object, something I left out while telling you about Tom's childhood in the orphanage was that he kept the belongings of his victims. Now I believe that he would use objects, which symbolised something. You remember the necklace I told you about?" They nodded.

"Well the person who bought it turned up dead a few days after a visit from Tom, the necklace was taken along with another object. I believe these were turned into Horcruxes. But that only gives us three."

"Three? You only said two." Said Ron sounding baffled.

"Really Ron" Hermione said sounding exasperated again "You can't survive without a soul, part of it must be inside him still."

Dumbledore smiled, "That is correct Hermione. There will be six Horcruxes and then the last piece of his soul, which remains in his body. Now I believe I know where one of the Horcruxes is located and it is a one, which I have not mentioned. That would take us to four pieces of his soul. I speak of a ring, which I am close to retrieving."

"What about the other three?" Harry asked.

"The other two, I say this because I believe that one has already been destroyed. Remember the diary?"

Hermione was starting to put the pieces together "You mean to say that is how it was able to communicate to Ginny?"

"Correct Hermione, so that is one already destroyed and we only have five to go. That is where you three come in, I will need help retrieving the objects, and I am not sure how long I will be around. So it is vital that you know everything. I have told you just about everything, but there are details you need to know but we do not have time now. You have to be at the Ministry in fifteen minutes for your trial."

"Before you go, if anything does happen to me, all the information I have is stored in here." Dumbledore walked over to a draw at the back of the room and opened it. "If I die, it will only open to you three and no one else. You cannot tell anyone about this, not even an Order member. Do you understand?"

"So you could die then?" Harry asked shocked. He did not believe that Dumbledore could die.

"If it is a choice between dying and living through a time when Voldemort will reign, I will gladly die. You three must promise that no matter what happens, you will carry on my work. You have no idea how important it is you do so. If I do die, my office will seal itself until you have been able to retrieve the information you need."

Harry, Hermione were stunned. They were being told that if Dumbledore dies that they would have to carry on what he had started, and there was more they did not know.

"Promise me." Dumbledore said urgently

"I promise." Hermione, Harry and Ron said in unison.

This is it thought Hermione, it is really happening.


Author's note:
Thanks to everyone who reviewed the last chapter. Please continue to review. Also thanks to Melissa for BETA reading the chapter for me.