Take What I Give. by xo nic
Summary: A poem and vignette that depict the struggles that Remus and Sirius experience while attempting to commence a romantic partnership. *Covert Cupid poem for Tree.
Categories: Remus/Sirius Characters: None
Warnings: Slash, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 982 Read: 1634 Published: 02/17/06 Updated: 02/17/06

1. Take What I Give. by xo nic

Take What I Give. by xo nic
A forbidden fruit, a sweet taste of temptation, giving in to desires, and the evils within.

Their lips met, mingling with one another in a passionate frenzy. Heat escaped both their bodies as they each tasted the other; a taste so sweet and divine, sinful in every way, a blazing fire ultimately being entrenched in flames was bestowed existence. This was their Eden, and they had given in to the lingering temptation. They had tasted the fruit, the ambrosial apple that changed every comfort to which they were accustomed into a slithering serpent, torment flickering in its eyes.



People stray in remoteness, growing cold, growing weak, and we’re banned from existence, for affection unveiled.

Hands, two explorers sent on a mission, ran over bare stomachs, faces. Simple crevices, muscles, were outlined by the gentle touch from a single finger. Fireworks shot down their spines as their hands came into contact with their partner’s skin. Their grips on each other were tight, making each kiss more intense than the previous. Sometimes they would allow their tongues to tango, deepening the rush that was instilled within them.

Secrets were unraveled as their chemistry was discovered. Caught in the golden blaze, hands running through the other’s hair, one’s back pushed against the wall, and lips sinking into each other, their friends, out of shock, withdrew. It was all new to them, seeing two people, so different, yet alike, in an expression of love. Two people they themselves loved so dearly. Hard to accept, they turned their backs, giving in to their peers, the fire, existence, distinguished.



I’ve given a cry, a cry out to faith, murmuring the desires, for a sin I conceive.

Wishing the best for their friends, their reputations, they parted, desire still burning within. A break for the better, or so they thought, but their distance just made their passionate feelings stronger. Stomachs boiled, hearts twisted at the sight of one another. Their lips tingled, and a voice inside called out. It cried for a peace, where they could be a single soul, their sin now exposed, it could never be undone. The longing, to hold him in his arms, caused his head to grow sore and his spirit to give in.

Anxiety controlled both of them, neither being able to think straight without the vision of their hands taking them on journeys, exploring something new each time they were together. The universe had been torn in two, stars that were ablaze burned out, bringing chills to each of them.



The fiery passion, of love, no mistake, is our punishment now, for we’ll always consent.

Separation was unbearable, and for them it was no good. They were infatuated with each other and it was time to come to terms with the realization that their feelings would always bring them rough times. A sanction of truth, forgiveness dead and buried, they figured it was worse to hide behind the veil of lies. Acceptance of themselves was the only step to take in order to earn it from others.

Out of control, they met late one night. Candlelight illuminating each other’s features, their eyes, their lips, jaw-lines, muscles. Their passion simmered more vividly than the glow from the candle could ever compare. Drenched in sweat they tugged at each other’s shirts, the fabric clinging softly to their skin, adapting to every curve of the muscles on their chests. Lips tore roughly at each other, kissing vehemently, biting at each other’s lips as their mouths began to drift apart. Neither wanted this feeling to end, the heated fervor that boiled deep within them, it was an addiction, they were each other’s drugs. One taste and they drifted to the ultimate high, above thoughts, acting only on impulse and what was true.



Their whips of laughter, crude glares not denied, neglect’s what they give us, intimacy burning in truth.

They decided that they’d let out the already known facts, walking down the hallways, hand in hand. Soft kisses given in the corridors, placed lightly on the neck, the collarbone, the cheeks, and the lips. A butterfly’s wings tickling so gently. The nipping of ears in playful romping, fervor unfolding in the public eye. Laughs could be heard, echoing in hollowness, stares of hatred, a lust for violence could be recognized from countries afar. Shoulders turned cold as the two of them were left with only each other, more comfort in truth than in hiding. Somehow, they didn’t mind being isolated from the rest of the world, as long as they had one another to run to at the end of a cruel, harsh day.



I refuse to give in, to their laughs, their abuse, hope that you’ll take what I give, my heart, solely to you.

No one was left, even their two best friends had denied them acknowledgment in the public eye from the shock, from the disappointment, only to join them later in secrecy as if nothing was the matter. They stood high, on a dry rock in the center of an ocean of loathing, ignoring the rumors, the things that had been said about them. It was a rude awakening, to know that they couldn’t be accepted as they were. It wasn’t just a lust that they felt. It was love, an aim gone astray from one of Cupid’s arrows, a potion gone wrong. Causes unknown, they were committed to each other. Sirius gave his heart to his friend, a pure soul who would be the only one to overcome such ignorance. Remus, accepted it and gave his in return to his dear friend, a strong force that he could not fight against, that he did not wish to dispute.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=44820