Memories by drakenleigh
Summary: Join Ginny as she takes a trip down memory lane.
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 966 Read: 1813 Published: 02/20/06 Updated: 03/28/06

1. Looking Back by drakenleigh

Looking Back by drakenleigh
Memories
 
A beautiful, very pregnant red-haired women sighed as she looked at her dusty sitting room.

“Well, this should take a while,” she mumbled to herself as she picked up the duster.

As she dusted the book shelf she came across a very beautifully decorated red and gold book. This was no ordinary book; this book was a scrap book her sister-in-law had made her for Christmas. What made this scrap book so special was that the pictures moved. You see, her sister-in-law was considered one of the brightest students to pass through the doors of the school they attended. What makes that such an interesting statement is that their school was no ordinary school; they attended a school of magic. In fact, they attended the greatest school of magic; they attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.


She smiled to herself as she opened the book to the cover page and read:


Harry and Ginny,
Happy Christmas!! I made this to remind you of our past. Though there are many dark times in our past, we need to never forget it. For we would not be who we are today without it.
Love,
Hermione


She laughed at the picture on the next page. It showed a tall boy with unruly, dark hair and brilliant, green eyes sitting under a tree with a younger version of herself. In the picture they were alternating between smiling, tickling, and kissing each other. This picture was taken in the middle of her 5th and his 6th year. It was such a happy time for them; if only they could have known what was to come.


You see, this was the year that everything went wrong. This was the year Draco Malfoy became a Death Eater and tried to kill their headmaster. When Draco failed his mission, Severus Snape, their former Potions Master finished it for him. That year Severus Snape ended the life of the greatest wizard ever known, Albus Dumbledore.


When Draco failed to complete his mission, he instantly became a wanted man with a very high price on his head. When Draco’s true story was discovered, he was instantly placed under the Order’s protection.


You see, Draco was nothing like his parents. He never wanted to be a Death Eater nor did he want to serve Voldemort. But he was forced to become a Death Eater when Lord Voldemort threatened to kill his mother if he did not take the Mark and agree to accept the mission. With the Order’s help, Draco eventually became one of the greatest leaders in the final war against Voldemort.


The next picture was of the entire family at Bill and Fleur’s wedding. Bill still bore the scars from the first battle. Bill had been attacked by a werewolf. Luckily, it was not the full moon, but he was told some of the scars would never go away.


In the picture everyone’s smiles were forced; they all looked as if they were waiting for something bad to happen. All of them except one person, that person being Ginny herself. She had a look of pure terror in her eyes. For that very night Ron, Hermione, and Harry were beginning their search for the missing Horcruxes.


The next picture showed a seventeen-year old Ginny standing in front of the Hogwarts express. In this picture she had a very sad look on her face and bags under her eyes from lack of sleep; not even being named Head Girl and Quidditch captain could cheer her up. Yet who could blame her? Not only had there been an attack on the ministry that summer where her brother Percy had been killed, but also no one had heard from Harry, Hermione, or Ron in over four months .


The next picture brought tears to Ginny‘s eyes. It was taken two days after the final battle. There were so many losses in that battle; the greatest being, Professor Lupin and the last of the marauders. In that battle Harry finally defeated Voldemort. The battle had taken place two days after Harry’s 19th birthday.


The next picture showed a very nervous looking Harry down on one knee in front of an ecstatic Ginny. In the picture Harry was alternating between smiling at Ginny and opening a tiny box. Yes, Harry had proposed to Ginny and she had accepted. They were to be wed soon, but not before Ron and Hermione.

The next picture showed Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione on Ron and Hermione’s wedding day. Harry had been Ron’s best man and Ginny had been Hermione’s maid of honor. They all looked so happy as they smiled at the camera, and they all should be for Hermione had just announced that she and Ron were expecting the first Weasley grandchild.


The next picture showed Harry and Ginny on their wedding day. It showed them dancing their first dance together as husband and wife. Ginny giggled to herself as she remembered what Harry had said to her during that dance.


Flashback:


Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry’s neck as the music began to play.
“I love you,” she whispered into his ear.
Harry gave her a devilish grin as he leaned over and whispered,“ I can’t wait till tonight.”

Ginny’s eyes widened as she swatted his shoulder. “Harry James Potter, I can’t believe you just said that!”
Harry gave her a sheepish grin. “What? A man can’t be excited about getting some alone time with his wife?”


End of flashback.


“Gin, I’m home!” Harry called, causing Ginny to jump. Ginny smiled to herself as she set the book down to go greet her husband.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=45005