Why Can't I by MissTomFelton
Summary: Ron takes Hermione on the walk of her life (btw, please review)
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: Abuse
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 704 Read: 2359 Published: 11/29/04 Updated: 11/29/04

1. Song Fic to Liz Phair's Why Can't I by MissTomFelton

Song Fic to Liz Phair's Why Can't I by MissTomFelton
It was the most amazing night you could of ever think of. Tiny snowflakes fell delicately from the sky. Even though it was snowing, the sky opened up in some places showing the most magnificent stars… the most beautiful sky.

“It wonderful, isn’t ‘Mione?”

Walking down to Hogsmead with me was my best friend… just my best friend. Ron invited me on a walk with him, knowing how dazzling the night would be.

I just nodded, afraid my words would ruin it’s beauty.

~Get a load of me, get a load of you
Walking' down the street, and I hardly know you
It's just like we were meant to be~

He smiled at me, a charming… handsome… radiant smile that melted me to pieces. Then I mentally slapped my self. Get a hold of yourself woman! This is Ron! The same eleven-year-old gawky Ron with dirt on his nose from the train! What were you thinking!?! But then, I stopped thinking because he slowly closed the space between us linking our hands together. His touch was so warm… it felt so… right.

~Holding hands with you when we're out at night
Got a girlfriend, you say it isn't right
And I've got someone waiting too~

He’s got a girlfriend… and Lavender is 5 times prettier than I am…

“Hermione, close your eyes,” said Ron.

Without a second thought, I immediately shut my eyes. He let go of my hand.

“Alright, now follow the sound of my soothing voice,” he said in a voice Professor Trelawney would have been proud of.

I laughed; he was such a stupid git.

“Ok… closer…closer…just a little more…. Stop!”

I stopped. I could hear calming Christmas music coming from somewhere.

“Now when I say now your going to open your eyes your eyes… alright?”

“Gotcha Mr. Comandalot.”

“Now.”

I opened my eyes and gasped. It was the most breathtaking sight I have ever seen. It was Hogsmead, but it wasn’t just Hogsmead. All the buildings’ roof had thick layer of fluffy snow. It looked like a Christmas card, but more magnificent. Ron was standing there with frost in his hair, his crystal blue eyes, and his- I hate to say this- very ripped body, gazing at me.

“Madam, please join me in a dance,” Ron said with an outstretched hand.

“I would love to,” I said; glad to put my hand into his.

He smiled again, that- Hermione, don’t go there again! - And then pulled me close to him.

~What if this is just the beginning
We're already wet, and we're gonna go swimming~

“So, Mrs. I’mthesmartestpersonintheworld,” He said in a teasing tone, “What have you been up to these days?” He ended with a toying smile.

“Well Mr. Hahaithinki’msofunny, I‘ve been tutoring Malfoy in Charms as you very well know.”

He laughed, “Yes, and it’s funnier every time I hear it.”

“So how is you and Lavender going?”

“As a matter of fact, I broke up with her yesterday.” He said with no regret in his voice.

I couldn’t help my heart giving a little jump at these last words. “Ah, I am… uh, very sorry to hear it.” I smiled; he returned it with his sparkling-STOP IT WOMAN! He pushed me away from him and twirled me around then pulled me back towards him, now even closer than we were before.

“We just didn’t work out,” He said softly, his warm breath tickling against my cold face.

“May I ask why?” I said making my voice just as soft as his.

He dipped me low, said, “Because,” and then pulled me up from the dip into a kiss. A wonderful kiss, my first kiss, the kiss everyone new had to happen between us, the greatest kiss of my life, “Because I’m in love with you.”

~Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you
It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it
So tell me
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you~
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4508