With Tired Eyes, Minds, and Souls We Slept by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Summary: Sequel to Revenge of the Serpent. The title is taken from a One Tree Hill episode title.






Harry and Ginny are happily married and living together. They are about to become parents. Still, life has never been normal for Harry Potter, and it may never be.

Edit: Final author's note was edited.
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Dubious Consent, Sexual Situations, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 30295 Read: 65825 Published: 03/31/06 Updated: 03/29/07

1. The Morning News by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

2. Surprise by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

3. Ambushed! by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

4. Enough for the Titanic by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

5. Reminiscing by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

6. Confrontation by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

7. News and Nightmares by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

8. Missing in Action by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

9. An Awkward Luncheon by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

10. Running Away by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

11. Waking Up by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

12. At Long Last by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

13. Chapter 13 by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

14. Not So Happy Anniversary by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

15. Aftershock by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

The Morning News by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Disclaimer: I own none of this. Well- I guess I own some- well not own, just borrowing- except, well, the plot, and my own characters- so I guess, yeah I do own some stuff! Anyway, what I’m trying to say is Thank You JKR!

**********************************************************

“Morning,” a beautiful, slightly plump red-haired woman cheerfully greeted her husband.

“Good Morning, Gin,” the man replied, bending down and kissing his wife. “What’s on the agenda today?”

“I’ve got an appointment with the OB Healer this afternoon and then the rest of the day is free, since I'm on leave at the office,” Ginny Potter replied, resting a hand on her stomach. Her husband, a handsome black-haired man named Harry Potter, grinned.

“What are you doing with her today?”

“We finally get to learn whether it is a boy or a girl,” she replied beaming.

“Can you believe “only six more months?” he asked.

“Six more months, and we’ll have a family.”

“I want a boy, though,” she told him happily. “I don’t want to go through the whole dress-up and dolls phase.”

Harry laughed. “I wouldn’t mind. You didn’t go through it, from what I hear. Besides, it’d be you who’d have to deal with it.” Ginny slapped him playfully. “Just as long as he or she is healthy, I’ll be the happiest person in the world.”

Ginny’s lips gently brushed his. “I know that I already am,” she whispered softly. They kissed again.

“Alright see you for lunch at twelve, then,” she murmured after they finally pulled away.

“Twelve it is,” he agreed before kissing her again before parting ways.

*******************************************

“Ah yes, Mr. Potter. Your wife has just been seated.” Harry nodded toward the waiter and seated himself at the small table in the back corner of the restaurant. He pecked Ginny on the lips and smiled.

“How was your morning?” she asked him as he opened his menu.

“Pretty uneventful,” he replied. “I asked Ron, Hermione and the rest of your family to meet us at the Burrow later today so that we can tell them the gender of our baby.”

Ginny nodded. “I was hoping you would do that.”

“I know,” he said, chuckling.

Ginny rolled her eyes. “I’m still not used to the whole emotion reading thing.”

“Neither am I, but it does come in handy,” he added.

“It’s kind of nice knowing how you’re doing whenever I feel the urge to know,” she agreed.

They placed their orders and chatted happily about their mornings. As they ate, Harry couldn’t help but think back to the day he found out that he would be a father.

*****************Flashback****************************************

Harry and Ginny had just gotten back from their honeymoon in France. Ron and Hermione greeted them excitedly.

“How was your trip?” Hermione squealed while giving Ginny a tight hug.

“It was great!” Ginny screamed before plunging into the story of their month long trip. Hermione was laughing at something foolish that Harry had done, when Ginny suddenly doubled over as if in pain.

“Ginny!” Harry shouted in shock. She straightened slowly.

“I’m fine,” she tried to reassure them. Hermione felt her forehead tentatively.

“You have a fever!” the older witch exclaimed. “Let’s get you to bed.”

The two girls walked slowly into Harry and Ginny’s brand new house.

“How is she?” Harry asked ten minutes later when Hermione finally came back out.

“I think that she’s just tired. Let her rest and we’ll see how she feels later.”

That day passed by slowly as Harry unpacked clothes and explored his new house. The next morning Ginny proclaimed that she felt just fine.

“I only have a slight fever,” she admitted when Harry asked how she was. However later that day he found her rushing to the bathroom to vomit.

“Maybe we should get you to a Healer,” Harry suggested concernedly.

“I’m fine,” she insisted. She didn’t look fine, Harry thought. She was pale and occasionally had to sit down because she felt lightheaded.

Worried for his wife, he went to Hermione, who was still training to be a Healer.

“I’ll talk to her,” she promised. After a half an hour she finished her conversation with Ginny and came back out to talk with Harry. Her faced showed a mixture of shock and glee.

“She wants to see you.”

Harry uncertainly knocked on the closed door to their bedroom and entered. Ginny was propped up by pillows in bed.

He kissed her on the cheek. “How are you feeling?” he asked, sitting beside her on the bed.

“Much better, now that I know what is up,” Ginny replied, smiling. When Harry raised an eyebrow, she continued, “Harry, I’m pregnant.”


****************End Flashback************************

Harry grinned as he remembered the pride and exhilaration that he felt when she told him.

“Harry?” Ginny asked, curious about his silence.

“I was thinking about when you told me that you were going to have a baby,” he replied, still beaming. Ginny smiled too.

“I remember, too,” she said. “I knew that things would be different- better. I’m so excited.”

They kissed and got ready to leave. Harry paid the bill and they left for St. Mungo’s. He squeezed Ginny’s hand reassuringly as they apparated to the hospital.

“Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Potter,” said the elderly healer as they entered her ward.

“Good afternoon, Madam Adamson,” Harry greeted the healer. Ginny was shaking with nerves.

“How have you been feeling, Ginny?” she asked the young witch.

“Fine, just a little queasy,” Ginny replied steadily.

“Alright, then, shall we?” The young couple nodded eagerly.

Ginny smiled as she lay down on the bed and allowed the healer to run her wand over her stomach.

“Very well then. The results should be out in just a few minutes,” Madam Adamson informed them when she was done before bowing out of the room. Harry smiled anxiously at his wife.

She got up from the bed and walked over to Harry, placing herself on his lap.

“I’m nervous,” she admitted to him. Harry smiled.

“I am, too,” he told her, “but I can’t wait. A family- and with you no less, has been my dream for so long. Being here seems so surreal.”

She smiled as the door opened. Ron and Hermione rushed in, beaming at their best friends.

“Oh my goodness!” Hermione squealed. “Just a few more minutes.”

Harry smiled. “We were going to meet you back at the Burrow.”

“We couldn’t wait that long, mate,” Ron grinned. “There’s so much going on now!”

Harry chuckled. “What else is going on now?”

Hermione turned on her husband. “You weren’t supposed to tell them!”

Now Ginny was beginning to get curious. “Tell us what?”

It looked as though the other two were about to burst with excitement.

“Well, Scrimgeour just announced that he was going to step down from his minister position-“

“Why?” Harry interrupted.

“Apparently, things haven’t gone well for him since you defeated Voldemort,” Hermione answered. Harry raised an eyebrow as she continued. “People want you to replace him.”

“What? Me- Minister of Magic?” Harry asked, completely dumbfounded.

Ginny was beside herself with joy. “This is brilliant, Harry!” she told him, hugging him tightly. “You can finally change the wizarding world into what it is supposed to be!”

He still hadn’t allowed the news of the prospect of a new job sink in just yet. “How did you find out?” she asked them. Ron grinned.

“Training to be an Auror has its advantages,” he answered. “Beats being locked up on level nine like you.” He chuckled.

For a moment, Harry raised an eyebrow at his best friend. Hermione slapped her husband’s arm playfully. “Stop that. Harry is doing a great job, even if he can’t tell us what is going on.”

They laughed. “If what you say is true, I won’t be locked up on Level nine for very much longer.”

Their conversation was cut short when the elderly healer stuck her head into the room again. “Good afternoon, Hermione,” she said, recognizing the new voices. “Visiting work on your day off? That must be some dedication you have.”

Everyone chuckled slightly, before Madame Adamson continued. “It seems like yesterday that your parents, Mr. Potter, were in here with their dear friends laughing like this, about to find out that they were about to give birth to a beautiful baby boy.”

“You knew my parents?” Harry asked incredulously.

“I did indeed. In fact, it was I who gave them the news. How excited they were to have a family of their own!”

Harry smiled as Ginny hugged him happily. He know that his parents loved him, but hearing that they were as happy as he was now made the situation seem, if possible, even better.

“I suppose you wish to know about the pregnancy now?” she asked, breaking Harry’s train of thought.

Ron and Hermione nodded eagerly. Harry squeezed Ginny’s hand encouragingly and nodded as well.

“Mr. and Mrs. Potter, you have twins.”

**********************************************
A/N: Welcome back, Oh loyal readers! Just a quick note, If you haven’t noticed, this story is A LOT more light hearted than Revenge of the Serpent was :] It changes a bit, but not as much. I promise there is still drama though. It compensates for the lack of drama in my real life. I realized that I didn't mention what everyone was doing before Harry was kidnapped in Serpent so I put it all in this chapter. Hermione is going to be a Healer, Ginny has a desk job at the ministry, Ron is training to be an Auror, and Harry is an Unspeakable. Adamson is the last name of my date to Sadie Hawkins dance, which fits since his mom is a nurse… Please Review because if you didn’t notice I’ll always respond to reviews. Anyways, bye ‘til next chapter!
Surprise by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Author's Notes:
Can I still put author's notes at the bottom??? Oh well :]

Anyways...

Disclaimer: I don't own the character or places... ::Sigh::
Harry and Ginny stared at each other in shock.

“Twins?” Hermione asked for them.

Madam Adamson grinned and nodded. “A boy and a girl,” she informed them.

I guess we get a little of both” Harry chuckled at Ginny mentally.

She stuck her tongue out at him as Madam Adamson left. Soon after, Hemione rushed out of the room, insisting that she needed to use the bathroom. She was nearly squealing with excitement as she slammed the door behind her. They grinned.

“Congrats, mate,” Ron said to Harry.

“Er- thanks,” Harry replied, still shocked speechless. Ginny was clutching his arm. She seemed just as overjoyed as he was.

After fifteen minutes of silence, Hermione pranced into the room, still giddy.

“What took you so long?” Harry asked.

“There was a line,” she replied. Her voice was still shaking with excitement.

“You have a feather on your robes,” Ginny pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

“Let’s just go,” Ron interrupted before Harry could further question her. Ron and Hermione insisted on leaving first, followed closely by Harry and Ginny. Before leaving, the latter two exchanged confused looks. They left together and landed in the completely dark kitchen of the Burrow.

“What-“ Harry was about to ask.

“SURPRISE!” shouted a mixture of many voices as the lights clicked on. Harry laughed as he noticed banners hanging along the wall, which read, “It’s a girl!”

It was a surprise baby shower. Harry laughed harder as he noticed nearly everyone that they had ever met crammed into the magically expanded kitchen. As Mrs.Weasley lead everyone outside where there was more freedom to move around. While making their way out the door, the expecting couple was bombarded by delighted congratulations. Remus especially fought his way out of the crowd to meet with them.

“Congratulations!” he shouted. Harry smiled at the man who he had considered, perhaps not a father figure, but more of a favourite uncle or older friend.

“Thanks,” Harry replied earnestly.

“What will you name them?” Tonks asked Ginny.

“I hadn’t really thought of any names yet.”

“Well better think fast ‘cause you got two on the way in six months!” Again Harry and Ginny laughed, but couldn’t help contemplating possible names. As they were lost in thought, Fred and George came up to them. Ginny groaned inwardly.

“Hey Gred, it seems as though we have some heirs on our way,” George said to his twin.

“Ah, Forge, it would seem that we will have someone to carry on the great name of troublemakers at Hogwarts for us,” Fred replied.

“We also have a girl,” Ginny interrupted before the twins could begin their daydreaming. “Hopefully she’ll take after Hermione.”

Fred gasped and George pretended to faint. However, just as they were beginning to pick themselves off of the floor, Percy fought his way through the crowd toward them. The twins, who had not quite forgiven their brother, glowered and skulked away. Percy pretended that he didn’t notice as they cast dirty looks in his direction. He cleared his throat loudly to get everyone’s attention. When silence had finally fallen over the large party, he pulled an official-looking envelope out of his pocket with a flourish.

“On behalf of the Ministry of Magic, I would like to ask you to take over as Minister of Magic.”

People began to cheer loudly, and Harry took the letter graciously.

“Thanks, Perce,” he said. Ginny squeezed his hand reassuringly. He pocketed the letter carefully. “I’d be honoured.”

More people cheered and, by the time the cake was pronounced ready to eat, some were already hoarse. Mrs. Weasley had tears of pride in her eyes as she cut one of the largest cakes that Harry had ever seen. The partygoers bunched around a large wooden table as Harry and Ginny eagerly handed out thick slabs of pink and blue iced cake. Finally, the young couple got a chance to settle down with their own.

“Grab me a slice, will you?” Ginny asked, exhausted. Carrying her own weight, along with that of two kids was harder than she would have expected. Harry grinned and left. He came back moments later with only one slice, though it was twice the size of any of the other pieces they had given out.

“You didn’t want any?” she asked curiously. Harry raised an eyebrow.

“Would you be able to eat all of this on your own?”

Ginny giggled. “Maybe.”

Harry laughed loudly and pulled out two forks. “I thought we could share, but if you want to eat all of this-“

Ginny grinned sheepishly. “You’re forgetting that I have three to feed now.”

Harry grinned slyly. “I guess I should practice feeding them before they’re born.”

He cut off a piece of cake with one of the forks and gently stuck it in his wife’s mouth. She nearly choked because she was laughing so hard.

“I guess I should, too,” she replied. However, she did not take the fork that Harry was holding out for her but grabbed a large chunk of cake and stuffed it into his mouth. He gagged slightly, stammering over the pastry crammed in his mouth.

“Why you-“ he finally choked out. He grabbed a chunk, though larger than Ginny’s and began to chase her playfully around the garden, cake at hand. When they finally settled down, they had a large amused audience watching their cake war. Ginny sighed in happiness as Hermione wiped frosting out of her hair. The sun was beginning to set, casting the party in shadows from the tall trees surrounding them. If only everyday was like this, she thought, then everything would be so perfect. However, even as she thought this, her gaze shot up.

“Ginny, what’s wrong?” Hermione asked.

“Er- nothing. I thought I saw something.”

Hermione said nothing but glanced toward the trees where Ginny was looking. She saw nothing but the elongating shadows. Nonetheless, Ginny did see something, or more accurately someone, who she had not seen in a long time, and who she had not wanted to see ever again.



A/N: Sorry this chapter is short, but I had to get emotions across and such. I also wanted some light-hearted stuff because I have a lot in store. You got a little taster already. Anyways, I think I have names for the kids, but if you can think of some, give me suggestions. Remember it’s a boy and a girl. I DEFINITELY don’t want Lily and James. Oh and check out the banner in my profile

Less than three, Quidditch_playa



Ambushed! by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Author's Notes:
I just realized that chapter 3 in Revenge of the Serpent starts with a bit of RL/NT, so does chapter 3 in here :]
Unfortunately, the happy mood is punctured by what Ginny saw and by a surprise attack on the unexpecting couple.
Harry stood, talking with Remus, oblivious to what Ginny had seen.

“What’s that you’ve got in your pocket?” he asked, noticing a suspicious square bulge in his robes.

Remus flushed but pulled a tiny, velvet-covered box out of his robes. He opened it hesitantly and revealed a gold ring. It was simple, yet elegant, containing a small diamond and the inscription My Angel.

“I want to ask Tonks to marry me,” he muttered anxiously, glancing over toward his girlfriend, who was chatting merrily with Molly.

“When did you get that?” Harry asked, still staring at the ring.

“Last week. I’ve, er- been saving up.”

“Then what are you waiting for?” Harry asked incredulously.

“I don’t think I’m ready for marriage,” he replied uncertainly. “I don’t have the money to take care of her, or time to give her the attention she needs.” His voice trailed away tentatively.

“That’s not all, is it?” Harry asked. He knew what the answer was, but he wanted to be the one to tell him how foolish the concern was.

“You know why else,” he responded sceptically.

“You know that she doesn’t care about your ‘furry little problem,’” Harry sighed. Perhaps Remus would never learn. He cleared his throat loudly. “Excuse me, everyone. Remus would like to make an announcement.”

Remus looked stunned. He threw Harry a look that clearly said, “I’ll get you”, but Harry could see his hand clench over the velvet box, and he knew that he was going to follow through.

He took a few timid steps toward the woman of his dreams and fell slowly to one knee. Tonks’s eyes widened in realization.

“Nymphadora, I love you more than anything. You made me laugh when I wanted to cry. You opened my heart for me when I closed off it off to everyone. You gave me the strength to be the man that I always dreamed of being. You are my world. To show you my gratitude, I have only one question for you. Will you marry me?”

He held the box up to her. Her eyes sparkled with tears of joy as she pulled up her fiancée and kissed him hard and meaningfully.

“Yes!” she squealed triumphantly. He grinned, looking relieved. He kissed her back. When they finally pulled away, everyone who knew either of them, which consisted of most of the party, cheered so loudly that the trees around them shook. Remus turned to Harry. His eyes were sparkling more brightly than Harry had ever seen before.

“I’ll still get you for this,” the newly engaged man chuckled. Harry laughed. The twinkle in Remus’s eyes told him that he was too grateful and relieved to actually want to do anything to him. Harry jumped as he felt a small hand slip into his.

“I’m glad you helped them out,” Ginny whispered beside him. Her voice was shaking slightly, as if she had just been badly frightened.

“Gin, what’s the matter?” he asked concernedly.

“Nothing,” his wife lied.

“You’re a terrible liar.”

“I know,” she began, but as her husband began to question what was wrong, she interrupted him. “I’ll tell you later. Don’t ruin this for Remus and Tonks."

Harry gave her a sceptical look that blatantly told her that he was concerned. Ginny nodded, but turned her attention back to the party.

He sighed and followed suit. He was immediately met up by Dean and Seamus’s congratulations. He forced a smile but couldn’t get rid of his concern for Ginny. He glanced over to where she was talking animatedly with a large group of friends. It seemed that she had already gotten over what had been bothering her. However, he knew that she was still concerned when she blocked him out of her mind. With a sigh, he turned back to his old classmates and talked about everything, from recent Quidditch games to how much they missed Hogwarts. He only half listened to their conversation about the Wigtown Wanderers. He was confused and felt the unusual dread that he had last felt before he was ambushed by Malfoy. He inwardly anticipated the end of the party, though enjoyed himself best as he could while surrounded by others. It had been a long time since the sun had disappeared behind the trees, and hours after that, the last guest found it time to leave. Each carrying an armload of gifts from friends and well-wishers, Harry and Ginny headed for their house. However, as they apparated into their roomy home, Harry immediately felt a horrible cold that was all too familiar.

“DEMENTORS!” Harry shouted, fear clenching his insides. “Get out your wand.”

She obeyed quickly and was casting patronuses into the air. Nothing but silver vapour became of her spells.

"I can’t do it!” she screamed, panicking.

“It’s going to be all right,” Harry assured her as he felt the coldness grip stronger. She held his hand tightly as he conjured his first patronus to bring help. They watched as the stag rushed into the air, heading towards the Burrow. A horrible rattling breath clamped at their insides. It was apparent that the Dementor was not alone. He heard his mother’s screams in his ears but pushed them out as he clenched Ginny’s hand. The moment that his mind turned to Ginny, he realized that these Dementors were not normal. He saw his worst memories flash before him, fogging his mind beyond all other thought. He could feel Ginny beside him, trying desperately to create a corporeal patronus, but at the same time he saw her sprawled in the Chamber of Secrets, inches from death.

“She won’t wake,” Tom Riddle said. Harry forced himself to think about happy things with Ginny. She was eleven. She was so shy around Harry that she accidentally stuck her elbow a good inch deep in butter. Harry smiled at this memory.

Expecto Patronum,” he muttered, feeling his strength wane. The Dementors pulled away slightly, but as the stag disappeared they made their way closer. Ginny collapsed beside him. “No,” he whispered, horrified. He still clenched her hand.

Ginny was slumped against the wall of the Department of Mysteries. Her leg was sticking out at a strange angle, and her face was limp from a stunning spell.

Harry continued to rack his brains, fighting the fog for happy thoughts. He thought of this first kiss with her after his detention with Snape.

“All Romilda Vane does is ask me if it's true you've got a Hippogriff tattooed across your chest- I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail.”

He could feel the Dementors drawing nearer. They were lowering their hoods. With the last of his strength, he looked down at his wife’s pale face. He forced himself to think of the happiest times with her.

“I love you so much, Harry.”

The greatest memory Harry had ever had flashed through his mind at that moment. Ginny Weasley-Potter leaned in to kiss him as the wizard behind him pronounced them husband and wife.

EXPECTO PATRONUM!” Harry yelled as Ginny’s voice floated through his mind. This patronus, more brilliant than he had seen before, forced the Dementors away. Relieved, Harry fell to the ground to help Ginny. “Ginny, wake up-“ She didn’t so much as stir. Her skin remained as cold as ice and as pale as parchment. Pops filled the air as the tardy assistance arrived.

“Harry, what-“ Ron began behind him.

“CHOCOLATE-“ Harry yelled, slightly panicked. “GET CHOCOLATE!”
Hermione dashed off into the kitchen and came out with a large block.

“What happened?” she asked tentatively as Ginny stirred at the smell of the chocolate.

“Dementors attacked us,” he muttered, relief rushing over him as his wife opened her eyes and gasped weakly.

“Mmm,” Ginny murmured, hungrily grabbing the sweets before her.

“I think she’s getting better,” Ron chuckled nervously as his younger sister gnawed hungrily at the chocolate. He seemed awed by how quickly she recovered at the prospect of the chocolate.

“Never underestimate the power of girls with chocolate,” Hermione replied, though still worried for the well being of her best friends.


*********************************************

When they had finally assembled themselves in the Potter’s cosy sitting room, Harry tried to explain the attack.

“These Dementors were different,” he said, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. His arm was still tight around his wife, and she, in turn, held him close. “They were harder to drive away.”

Ron and Hermione frowned as Ginny nodded in agreement. However they could do nothing about the situation now that the Dementors had gone. They left a few hours later, after trying and failing to take their minds off of Dementors and Dark Magic. Harry and Ginny waved them off absentmindedly, both reliving the memories that the Dementors had stirred. Harry felt sure that Ginny was right for him, knowing that she was the only one that had driven them away. Ginny, however, was still scared. When she finally spoke, her voice was trembling and high-pitched.

“I-I still need to tell you- what I saw,” she stammered.

Harry said nothing for a moment. He was still holding onto her tight and could feel her shaking terribly. She mumbled something inaudibly.

“What was that?” he asked, beginning to worry.

“Cormac McLaggen,” she repeated louder, before finally breaking down into fresh sobs.
Enough for the Titanic by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Although it has been almost two years since the triumphant downfall of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, witches and wizards around the country have not forgotten about Harry Potter. Perhaps it is this fame that made the magical community so eager for him to take over as Minister of Magic. Many experienced Ministry witches and wizards are questioning his compatibility due to his youth. “He’s simply too young!” claims Cynthia Johnson, junior secretary in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. “He is not experienced enough to properly oversee the entire Wizarding world.” However family and friends of Minster Potter are outraged at these beliefs. “He has been through more than Fudge and Scrimgeour combined,” Ginny Potter, wife to the Minister, insists. “He has done more for us than anyone, except perhaps Albus Dumbledore.”

Indeed, it seems that Mr. Potter’s list of accomplishments never ends. He has defeated the Dark Lord, destroyed You-Know-Who’s six horcruxes, finished his education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and still had time to settle down and make a family. He may not yet have found the thirteenth use for dragon blood, but he already has the Department of Mysteries under his belt. Before accepting his role as Minister, Harry Potter acted as an Unspeakable. Though it is still unknown what exactly he did, sources inform us that he studied the powers of death, love, and ancient magic. It seems that his past job has greatly influenced his judgment as Minister. Last week, a handful of convicted Death Eaters were led into the Department of Mysteries and have yet to come out-


Harry sighed heavily as he threw the Morning Prophet aside. He stared at the blank walls of his office and sighed again. It had been several weeks since the Dementor attack and Cormac McLaggen was not yet found. Ginny had been worried to say the least, insisting on checking up on her husband every couple of hours, under the pretence of delivering a message from her department. It wasn’t as though Harry was complaining about her extra attention, however. He often found her company a relief from his job, which already proved to be a heavy burden. However, he was jerked out of his train of thought as a knock came from his door.

“Come in,” he called wearily. Kingsley Shacklebolt walked in. “Ah, Kingsley,” Harry said, recognizing the tall dark man before him.

“Harry,” the man acknowledged, closing the door behind him.

“Did you-“

“No, there’s nothing. Harry, are you sure she-“

“She said she saw McLaggen, and I believe her,” he replied tersely.

“Why is he such a threat? What has he done that could make Ginny so worried?”

Harry hesitated. “Other than betraying us and turning me over to Malfoy? Nothing. That’s what worries me. We don’t know the full extent of his Dark abilities. If he scares Ginny so much, I want to stop him as quickly as possible. She’s always been so strong before.”

Kingsley nodded, though he didn’t seem to really understand.

“Have you found the Dementors?” Harry questioned, breaking the pensive silence that had fallen between them. The older man shook his head.

“They’ve disappeared. No one has seen or felt them.”

Harry sighed again and shuffled the papers on his desk distractedly.

“Is that all?” the Auror asked.

“Actually, how is our memorial, for lack of a better word, coming along?”

Kingsley smiled. “It’s getting there. The Department of Magical Cooperation is collecting the names of those who died in fighting or were victims of the Death Eaters, and also people who would want to speak about the person. The Aurors are setting up wards and such around Hogsmeade to ensure its safety.”

“Great- I can’t wait until we can finish. I think that it’s time to honour our losses, on the anniversary of the Last Battle nonetheless.”

“I agree. Well, I’d better get back to work. Be sure to let me know when we have another meeting about it.”

“Will do,” Harry replied, forcing a wry smile. The Auror left quietly as he forced himself to focus on work. After nearly twenty minutes of staring blankly at a report about an exploding toilet in Surrey, he gave up his fruitless attempt at work and went to check on Ginny. As he drew closer to her office, however, he began to feel a strange, worried feeling. He sped up, willing his legs to reach his destination as quickly as possible. He was so intent that he didn’t notice the large trash been at his feet. Swearing angrily as he fell to the ground, he quickly jumped back up and stumbled across the final ten feet to her door.

“Ginny?” Harry asked uncertainly. She was staring at the wall and apparently did not hear when he had crashed to the floor.

Jumping at the sound of his voice, she exclaimed, “Harry! I didn’t see you coming.”

“I noticed,” he replied concernedly. He peered anxiously into her eyes. “What’s the matter?”

She shrugged and pulled him into a hug.

“You can tell me anything, you know that right?” he breathed into the top of her head. She nodded and kissed him.

“I’m fine,” she said, forcing a smile. “There’s just a lot going on.”

Harry nodded understandingly before kissing her again and leaving the room.

As he shut the door quietly behind himself, her mind returned to where it was before Harry arrived, the Dementor attack.

************Flashback*****************************

She didn’t need Harry’s warning to realise that Dementors were on their way. She felt their sickening cold fill her from the inside out.

I love you, Harry whispered in her memory, before his skin turned cold and his eyes closed for what seemed would be the last time. Trying frantically to find a happy thought, she thought of waking up in the Chamber of Secrets. Harry sat next to her, bloodstained and exhausted, but smiling wryly at her.

His smile, Ginny imagined. “
EXPECTO PATRONUM

Only a wisp of silvery smoke emerged from her wand. The cold fog now blinded her. Her brain wouldn’t function properly. She felt herself slipping into the darkness. As she felt her body hit the damp grass, she heard voices, though it seemed from a different lifetime. “
You’re not like that! I can’t do this on my own- Help me.”

***************End Flashback************************

Confusion bubbled with the pregnant witch. No matter how hard she tried to remember her voice, which she heard before passing out, was not in her present memories. She sighed and crammed a piece of chocolate into her mouth, which she had noticed after the attack she had an immense craving for. She returned to writing up a report on underage magic. She glanced down at her watch hours later, stifling a large yawn. It was five o’clock and time for dinner. She stood up and met Harry in the Atrium. With a feeble wave at Eric, the security guard, they disapparated. The landed safely in Ron and Hermione’s kitchen to find it empty.

“Didn’t we have a dinner with them planned?” Harry asked. Ginny nodded and made toward the living room. She shouted in shock and scurried back. The missing couple followed her, beet-red and dishevelled.

“Sorry,” Ron muttered to his feet. “We er- lost track of time.”

Harry realized what they were saying and chuckled. “Keep up like that,” he joked, “and you’ll have a baby on the way, too.”

Hermione grinned and murmured something about hoping that it would be soon.

“What was that Hermione?” Ginny asked.

“Oh, er- dinner’s ready.”
All four tried to start up conversation as they set the table together. They ate a delicious Shepard’s pie, while the husbands talked about work and the wives about baby names.

“I’m actually biased toward the name Vivian right now,” Ginny mentioned.

“That’s a cute name,” Hermione agreed, “though I personally think that Sydney is adorable.”

Both squealed in excitement.

“What about Lily?” Ron interrupted, referring to Harry’s mum.

Harry shook his head. “Our kids will already be pretty popular, being the son of the ‘great Harry Potter’ without the names of my famous parents.”

Ginny nodded in agreement. They spent the evening talking about the kids and what they might just be named.

By the end of the night, they had not come up with a name, but left in a much happier mood that they had been in earlier.

“Was it just me,” Hermione began hesitantly, staring at the place that Harry and Ginny disapparated from, “or were they not as, well- together as they normally are?”

Ron looked up in shock. “I didn’t notice, but I guess it would make sense, with McLaggen on the loose and all.”

Hermione heaved a sigh. “I’m just worried that they won’t be able to make it through this.”

“What do you mean? They’re meant for each other- the Ring-“

“Fate can change. It was enough to sink the Titanic.”

“Huh?” Ron asked in clueless curiosity, sitting at the kitchen table.

“The Titanic,” Hermione began grimly, “was a huge, muggle cruise ship. It was huge and could hold thousands of people onboard at once. It took ages to build and, when it was completed, was called the ‘Unsinkable Ship.’ But- on its very first voyage, I think they got complacent because the watchmen let their guards down, even though it was really late at night and very foggy. The huge ship ended up colliding with an iceberg and sank. More people might have been able to survive, but a nearby ship had its radio off so it couldn’t hear the calls for help.” She ended her vague pronouncement with a groan.

“Do you think Harry and Ginny might- you know, divorce?” Ron blurted out, horrified for his sister’s and best friend’s sakes.

“I hope not,” Hermione whispered. “I also don’t want to be the oblivious onlookers who were too blind to realize that they’re sinking just barely in reach.”

Ron reached out to give her a hand of comfort. She took it graciously and sat on his lap. “Don’t worry, ‘Mione,” he hummed into her ear. “We’ll be there for them. They won’t have to sink.”

Hermione lovingly stroked her husband’s wild red hair. “I know that now. Thank you.”

He smiled in a way that clearly said, “You’re welcome,” and with a wink replied, “Now, about that baby-“

“It’d be my pleasure, Mr.Weasley.” With no further conversation, the young couple made their way upstairs to begin a family of their own.

******************************************************

Meanwhile, as Ron and Hermione- well, you know, Harry and Ginny sat side-by-side discussing their predicament.

“We can’t find him,” Harry told a trembling Ginny. She didn’t respond at his words, but stared blankly ahead. “Why does he worry you so much?”

She shrugged. “I really don’t know. I just get this horrible chill whenever I think of him.”

He put a comforting arm around her as he said in such a way that sent chills of delight down her spine, “I’ll protect you, no matter what.”

Ginny smiled in spite of her fears. “I know that, and that’s why I love you.”

Harry feigned of look of indignation. “And if I didn’t protect you, you wouldn’t love me.”

Ginny played along and retorted, “Of course not. Why else would I marry you except for a big, brave protector?”

They both laughed and kissed. As they did, Ginny felt comfort and happiness seep into her soul and she somehow knew that things would be better.

A/N: So there’s chapter 4. Sorry about the horrible cliffies. I know I kinda skipped a couple of weeks, but I didn’t want to unnecessarily drag out the plot line. Anyway, Thanks for the incredible patience you’ve had. Unfortunately, it will be a little over a week and a half before I can update again. Actually, I’m not supposed to be on right now… I give you one word that equals death for all high school/college students: finals Everyone now you can join in: *entire population of students groan* okay, enough of that. Sorry again. I’ll update more often during the summer :]
Reminiscing by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Ginny yawned loudly as the bright morning sun woke her up on a warm Saturday. She glanced over toward Harry’s side of the bed and was shocked to see it empty. Under normal circumstances, her husband preferred to sleep in on the weekends due to his early weekdays. As she walked down the hall and into the kitchen, she was met by the warm smell of breakfast.

“What’s the occasion?” she asked, a hint of a smile playing on her lips.

Harry grinned and pulled her into a hug. “The memorial is gonna happen!” he exclaimed. Ginny squealed in excitement for her husband.

“We finally get to honour everyone who gave themselves for this war.”

The couple celebrated the memorial by toasting their morning pumpkin juice and munching on bacon. With all of the tension and fear from McLaggen, a memorial would be a great way to relieve their stress. If only they knew how wrong they would be.

*****************************************************************


A month later, Harry woke his wife the dawn of the weeklong memorial to all of those lost in the war.

“Morning, love,” he whispered in her ear.

“Go 'way,” she murmured grumpily, whacking him in the face with her pillow.

He chuckled and told her, “We’re leaving in half an hour.”

“Mhmm,” she replied unenthusiastically. He laughed harder and made his way toward the shower to get warm water.

“You ready yet?” he asked ten minutes later, fully dressed and wide-awake.

“Not yet-“ she groaned. Harry rolled his eyes when he spotted her still in bed.

“Fifteen minutes, dear,” he reminded her. Her hand flashed for the clock on her bedside table.

“Oh Merlin!” she shouted. “Why didn’t you wake me up sooner?”

He rolled his eyes and laughed at his wife as she stumbled into the shower.

“I told you to wake me a half an hour before we were supposed to leave,” she huffed twenty minutes later, lugging her suitcase behind her. Harry grabbed it from her, failing to conceal his laughter. She slapped his arm, but when she saw him wince she screeched, “Oh sorry, dear. Stupid mood swings.”

Harry groaned.

“Oh shut up. Only four and a half more months.”

They both grinned in anticipation. “You know you really should be getting some bed rest,” he told her.

“I know, but I wouldn’t miss this for the world.”

They both grinned and he kissed her gently. “I love you, Ginny.”

“You’d better,” she retorted before kissing him again. “I love you, too.”

They Disapparated arm in arm and landed in the once thriving village of Hogsmeade. Now it stood in shambles. Buildings were dilapidated and barely standing on their foundations. There were people grouped around tents. Harry grinned as he saw his two best friends making their way toward him through the crowd, which had already gathered excitedly.

“It’s quite a good turnout,” Hermione commented, beaming at Harry.

“I’d have to agree,” Ginny replied, grinning and wrapping an arm around Harry’s waist.

“Excuse me, Ginevra Potter?” young teen asked.

“Yeah?” Ginny turned around to see her and her friend grinning sheepishly up at her.

“Err- the Daily Prophet says that you and Harry are destined to be together. Is it true?”

“Well, I wouldn’t say so,” she responded, smiling at the timid girls, remembering herself years ago. “I love him, very much. Fate introduced us, but we chose to be together. We fell in love.”

“How did you know it was love?” the girl’s friend asked.

“I never knew,” she said, thinking hard. She felt Harry’s hand grip hers. The girls looked rather crestfallen. “I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I always had this urge to be with him and I knew that I would always be safe with him, no matter what.”

The two girls nodded, smiling widely. They then took off, shouting thanks and giggling madly.

“I think you’ve just brought more love into the world, Gin,” Ron remarked light-heartedly.

“I’d say you’re not much short of a celebrity,” Hermione chimed in, giggling a little.

Just then, a bell chimed loudly over the heads of the crowds of people. The mood immediately changed to one of solemn remembrance.

Harry pecked his wife on the lips and walked up to a podium magically erected on a stage. He waited patiently as hundreds of thousands of witches and wizards sat in chairs before him. Ginny give him a thumbs up as he gulped nervously.

“Many of you,” he began, his voice magically magnified, “know me as the Chosen One or the Minister of Magic. However, this week I want to be thought of as Harry. We are here together because we’ve all been affected by the war. We’ve lost those who matter to us. They never truly leave us, so we should never forget what they’ve done. I, along with many others, have been working tirelessly for a long time and invited those who wish to share some final words with us to honour our loved ones. First off, I think now is a good time to tell you something that everyone has been dying to know for years- why I am the Boy-Who-Lived.

“I was a year old, and Lord Voldemort wanted me dead. He wanted to kill me because of a prophecy made about he and I not long before I was born. The details are no longer important, but, in short, they said that I would be able to kill him with “power the Dark Lord knows not”. My parent decided to go into hiding, so they used the Fidelius Charm to hide the three of us. They, at first, appointed Sirius Black as their Secret Keeper, as most of you know. However, just before the spell was completed, they changed Keepers. Sirius advised that Peter Pettigrew was made the Secret Keeper because he seemed less likely to be attacked for their whereabouts. Pettigrew was working for the Dark Lord against their knowledge and immediately turned their location over to Voldemort. Thus was the belief that Sirius was guilty. Nonetheless, Voldemort came to the house that my family and I resided in. My father told my mother to take me and run. Voldemort killed him immediately before turning his wand on my mum. He told her to stand aside, but she refused. He killed her, too. However, when he did, he set a form of ancient magic in place so that when he tried to kill me, the curse rebounded and hit him. When he should have been killed, he merely used his Horcruxes-“ People in the audience, who sat spellbound by his words, gasped. “Yes, Horcruxes, plural. He had seven, which he used to recover. In our sixth year at Hogwarts, my dearest friends left with me and we destroyed them.

“We have overcome the darkest age and defeated the darkest sorcerer ever- though not without sacrifice, tears, and suffering. This war did not start with death, but with unjust suffering. I want to invite up my good friend Neville Longbottom, whose parents were tortured to insanity by Death Eaters.”

He walked off of the stage, giving Neville a pat on the shoulder as he left.

“I-err, never really knew my parents,” Neville stammered. He hadn’t spoken in front of such a large group of people before. “I visit them a lot, but they don’t know me anymore. I swore that I would avenge them by killing the woman who did this to them, but in the end, I knew that it wouldn’t be right. She’s where she belongs, locked up in prison. My parents left me with knowledge of what is right. I miss them a lot, but I’m grateful I still have them, even if they don’t know me.”

He finished off with his voice much stronger than it had been when he started. His eyes were misted over, but his voice was steady when he introduced the next speaker, “The next person who wishes to speak is Griselda Jorkins, on behalf of her cousin, Bertha.”

He walked steadily off of the platform and sat beside Harry, who patted his arm encouragingly. The day dragged on. Many people spoke, sometimes multiple for the same person. People came up randomly and uninvited. No one stopped them but listened gravely. Harry couldn’t stop his tears from falling as Remus talked about Sirius.

“He was a great man, always laughing and joking. My biggest regret was wasting twelve long years thinking he was a murderer. He was, and still is, my best mate. He and James gave everything for me. They were my brothers-“ He choked and walked quickly off of the stage into Tonks’s arms.

Harry bit his lower lip before he stood up and wiped his tears from his face. He walked meaningfully up towards the podium again and listened to the silence before beginning what he had to say about Sirius. “Sirius Black was my godfather. He was smart, witty, and fun. He encouraged me to be just like him. He died because I was trying to save him. Lord Voldemort managed to use a strange mind link we shared to lure me to the Department of Mysteries. He did so by giving me the impression that he had kidnapped Sirius. I wanted to save him so much that I didn’t think clearly and in the end, Sirius died in the battle.”

He paused and silence reverberated against the walls of the dilapidated shops. Harry couldn’t find the words to describe how he felt about his godfather so he left. He sat back down and allowed other people to speak about their loved ones. As scheduled, most of the people made toward their tents at sunset. The memorial would continue the next morning- starting with Dumbledore. Ginny slowly approached her husband and slipped her hand into his.

“You really did a good job today,” she whispered. “People really appreciate what you’re doing.”

He didn’t respond but sat in a patch of grass and stared at the sunset.

“It’s so beautiful here.”

“Yeah, it is. Kinda romantic, too.”

Harry chuckled. “I’d have to agree.”

He kissed her gently. They were so wrapped up in the moment that they didn’t hear someone approach them from behind.

“Well, isn’t this sweet?” the stranger sneered.

Harry jumped up in fury. “What are you doing here, McLaggen?”


A/N: Sorry that this chapter took a little longer than I expected. It’s summer, but my parents actually want me to clean my room :[ I’m also sorry about the cliffie… I’ll try my best to update soon. OH MY GOSH! We’ve hit 111 reviews and 99 reviews for Revenge of the Serpent! I love you! Thanks for the support. Oh, and yes, I do LOVE One Tree Hill (Nathan is not dead). I'm not gonna be using the mind link that much because, while reading other fanfics, it feels so cliche :[ tell me if you think otherwise please

Confrontation by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
“What are you doing here?” Harry repeated coldly. The large Death Eater standing before them smirked.

“I came for her,” Cormac McLaggen sneered, his voice icy. His complexion had changed drastically since Harry had last seen him at Malfoy Manor. He was considerably thinner and paler. His teeth were yellowed and his eyes gaunt. He pointed a bony white finger at Ginny.

Harry stepped in front of his wife protectively, wand raised. “You won’t touch her,” he snarled.

“Perhaps,” the dark wizard shrugged coolly, “perhaps not.” He laughed mirthlessly. “In time, she will come to me.”

“I never took you for crazy before, McLaggen. Now it’s obvious I was wrong.” Harry paused. “She’ll never come near you.”

McLaggen ignored him and instead turned to Ginny. “I’ve come to take up your offer.”

“What?” Ginny stammered, afraid to speak. Why did Cormac McLaggen scare her so much?

“Oh, of course you don’t remember. I’ve always had a strength for Memory Charms.”

Harry glowered, but his mind was reeling. What was going on?

Reminiscori,” McLaggen shouted, pointing his wand at Ginny.

PROTEGO,” Harry cried. A shield materialized before him and his wife, but the curse, whatever it was, shattered it. When Harry tried to block it with his body, the force of the spell knocked him off his feet. He could have sworn that he heard voices emanating from the spell itself.

Ginny gasped as the spell hit her body. She closed her eyes and staggered into Harry’s arms.

“Are you okay?” he whispered into her ear. She nodded weakly. “I’ll kill you, McLaggen,” he said louder.

“You could try,” he replied uncaringly.

Harry yelled something angrily at McLaggen, but Ginny didn’t register his words. Voices and memories were swirling in her head, causing her to feel nauseous. She heard Harry cry out in shock as the earth swirled around her and her strength suddenly gave out.

**************************Flashback****************************

“Ginny?” Cormac asked quietly, poking his head into her room.

“Er- yeah,” she replied, hastily wiping tears from her face.

“What’s the matter? Is it Harry?” he asked kindly.

“That’s none of your business,” she retorted coldly.

“Alright, fine. I’ve loved you for a long time. I’m okay with seeing you with him, but if I see he’s hurting you- to hell with Potter, I’ll take you from him.”

“They left. They left without saying goodbye,” she sobbed, as he sat down beside her on her bed. What he had just said barely registered in her mind.

He wiped away her tears and said, “A tough girl like you shouldn’t cry.”

She stopped crying, but her feelings didn’t change. She wrapped her arms around him. “Please,” she begged, “help me forget him. Help me move on. I’m not invincible. I can’t do this on my own.”

She fell into his arms as he kissed her passionately. After countless moments of silence, Cormac pulled away.

“I can’t do this,” he said.

“Why not?” Ginny asked. She didn’t know what would happen if they followed through, but she thought that he would be the best way to find comfort.

“I’m not on your side, anymore,” he replied, looking away.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Exactly what it sounds like. I joined the Death Eaters. I’m on the winning side.”

“No,” she gasped, “you wouldn’t. You’re not evil.”

“YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I AM!” he shouted, turning to face her again. There was a fire in his eyes that frightened her. He pulled up his left sleeve and revealed the Dark Mark, burning black on his forearm. “I’m not weak! I’m not like you- you and the pathetic Order of the Phoenix.”

“No, they’re- we’re not weak! Harry, Hermione, and Ron are out there, putting their lives on the line for us. They’re brave- strong…”

“You don’t know what strength is. Dumbledore- the great protector of the good side- died. What do you have left now?”

Ginny spluttered angrily. She was confused and hurt.

Cormac was hesitating, steeling himself to do something. “I can’t have you telling everyone my position. The Dark Lord assigned me to spy on you people.”

He drew out his wand and advanced upon her. She desperately wished that her mother had not gone to Diagon Alley and that her wand was not lying on her bedside table, just out of reach.

Stupefy!” he shouted. She crumpled onto her bed with a soft thump as the red jet of light struck her in the chest. “I’m sorry, but I will take you up on your offer one day. Obliterate.”

******************END FLASHBACK*********************************

Her eyes fluttered open slowly. It was nearly dark, and Ron and Hermione were leaning over her with concerned looks on their faces.

She gasped as she remembered where she was and what was happening. “Where’s Harry? Where’s McLaggen?”

“McLaggen Disapparated when he saw us coming,” Hermione answered, still very concerned. “Harry- Harry’s- well, he’s over there.”

She pointed hesitantly toward a silhouette standing ten feet from them.

“Ginny, what happened? Harry didn’t tell us anything, just that you passed out,” Ron stammered.

“Just give us some time alone,” Ginny interrupted. She didn’t want to be alone when she told them about McLaggen, due to Ron’s and his history. The other two nodded and left wordlessly. Ginny sighed and turned to her husband.

“Harry?”

He turned to her, frowning. “Is what he said true? Did you really- you know-”

“WHAT! NO!” she exclaimed, shocked by his accusatory tone.

“Do you have feelings for him?”

“We used to be friends. I know he fancied me, but we never-“

”That doesn’t answer my question.”

“NO!” she screeched, stung by the fact that he even had to ask. “I hate him now. He’s a traitor and a ba-“

He turned his back to her again and began to walk back to the tent.

“WE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!” she screamed, fully aware of the fact that he didn’t believe her. Tears were streaming down her face again.

“But would you have- at that time- if you had had the chance?”

Ginny wanted to reply with the obvious answer, but she hesitated as her thoughts and emotions from the memory rushed through her.

“That’s what I thought,” he murmured and walked away.

Ginny sunk to the ground and screamed in frustration.

“What’s the matter, Ginny?” Hermione’s voice asked from above her.

Both women sat in silence for several minutes while the distraught sobs subsided into sad hiccups. Finally, the pregnant woman told the other what happened, beginning with McLaggen, telling about the lost memory, and finishing with Harry’s accusations. By the time she had finished, she felt hopelessly lost and was fighting a losing battle against her emotions.

“I’ll go talk to Harry and sort this out,” Hermione said quietly, resting a gentle hand on Ginny’s shoulder.

She stood up and Ginny watched as she walked back to the camp.

She stormed into the Potters’ tent. “How could you?” she screeched in fury.

“I don’t need to hear this, Hermione,” he muttered wearily into his hands.

“Don’t do this to her!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Hermione stared and him hard for a moment, then, without warning, she slapped him.

“SHE DOESN’T LOVE HIM! SHE’S CARRYING YOUR CHILD! IT’S YOU SHE LOVES!”

Harry rubbed his cheek dumbly. He then stood so suddenly that Hermione started. He stomped brusquely out of the tent.

“Where are you going?” she called after him.

“To talk to my wife,” he replied without looking back.

Hermione smiled ruefully as she watched him approach Ginny. Ron walked up behind her and draped an arm over her shoulder. “Hermione Weasley works her magic again.”

She looked up at him, worry obvious in her eyes. “I’m scared for them,” she said quietly.

“I am, too,” he replied sadly. “We’re just going to have to be there for them to lean on- or in Harry’s case, slap him into shape.”

Hermione laughed. “When did you learn to sound so wise?”

“When I married you.”

They kissed and he smiled. Off in the distance, they could see Harry and Ginny embracing one another. “So I guess things turned out all right.”

Hermione nodded and headed back toward their tent in Ron’s arms. “Yeah, for the most part.”

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is so short, but apparently you don’t like my cliffhanger (no idea why…) lol It took me longer to get this out than I had hoped because finding the right wording was kind of hard for me. :[ BTW, the I’m not invincible stuff is from Ayashi No Ceres. Aya says that type of stuff to Yuuhi when Touya leaves… you have no idea what I’m talking about >_>; Thanks for all of the review! I love you!!! *mwah* ooo and I'm gonna submit the second part of the Halifax Triplet as soon as this is up!
News and Nightmares by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Harry woke the next morning and kissed his slumbering wife on the cheek. She mumbled sleepily and turned to face him.

“Morning,” she said, her voice slightly muffled by her pillow.

He played with the band of gold around Ginny’s left ring finger, tenderly tracing the patters with his finger.

“You still wear it?”

“All the time,” she said, grinning.

He held up his left hand. “Me, too.”

“Good,” she replied, as he kissed her knuckle and heaved himself out of bed.

“Ready for day two?” he sighed.

“Only if you are.”

He smiled as Ginny got out of bed. “Thanks, love.”

“Any time, dear, any time.”

*****************************************************

Within the next hour, everyone had reassembled in the seats they were in the previous day. As scheduled, Susan Bones stood on stage, ready to speak about her aunt. She waited anxiously as everyone sat down and quieted before beginning.

“Auntie Amelia was the kindest, most honest witch I ever knew. She was smart, funny, and generous. She was a great role model.”

She continued with an anecdote about her aunt that demonstrated her kindness and concluded by saying, “She was killed in the war by the Death Eaters, but she didn’t die it vain. She gave me the courage and incentive to fight and to win.”

She took a deep breath and walked off the stage. A loud applause filled the stands as the next person, an old wizard, took his place where she had just stood. He spoke of Amelia Bone’s bravery and great accomplishments. Harry smiled, remembering her before his fifth year, her monocle in place, clearing him of all charges.

People were talking, but Harry didn’t comprehend most of what they were saying. The speech about Dumbledore was coming up. When discussing the plans for the memorial, he wanted to tell the world what a wonderful wizard Dumbledore was, but he knew that he wouldn’t be able to find the words. So many people wanted to talk about him, so Harry kindly declined the decision to speak about him. Minerva McGonagall stood at the podium. As she spoke, he smiled.

”Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!”

Harry smiled at the memory of the first words that he ever heard out of the greatest wizard he ever knew.

Ron and Hermione seemed to be thinking around the same lines by the looks on their faces as he glanced over at them.

Minerva was talking about how Dumbledore was so powerful and kind. Harry smiled again and, even as the memories of the events leading up to his murder flashed through his mind, he couldn’t rid himself of he comfort he felt just at the thought of his great mentor. Beside him, Ginny was fingering her wedding band. She twisted between her fingers. Her expression was one of anxiety. However, as she twisted the ring around and around, her fingers slipped and it fell to the ground. Before she could reach down and get it, she gasped.

“What’s the matter?” Harry asked.

“I-er, dunno,” she stammered. He squeezed her hand concernedly and, after she nodded at him, turned back to the stage.

She looked up at the platform unseeingly. What had just happened? The moment her ring fell off, her mind went blank and she didn’t remember where or even who she was. The moment the ring rested back on her finger again, she managed to regain her composure and remember everything.

She rubbed her temple exhaustedly and focused back on the stage.

“Do you have a headache?” Harry whispered, his voice now filled with concern.

“Er- no. I’m all right,” she lied. She didn’t want him to worry about her anymore than he already was.

He obviously didn’t believe her, but he chose not to press the matter further. He just shook his head sadly and returned his attention to the man that was now speaking. Ginny did the same and sighed. It was going to be a long week if the rest was going to be like these first two days.

Harry wrapped his arm over her shoulder. She rested her head on his and smiled in spite of everything else. They were in this together and would overcome it as one. He kissed the top of her head, thinking the same thing.

Hermione glanced over at them and smiled. Ron looked equally as relieved that the two were getting along all right.

“Ready to tell them yet?” he muttered.

She nodded. “Tonight.”

The afternoon passed in quiet manner. It wasn’t until after witches and wizards went up to tell about their close friends, that day being Dedalus Diggle, Elphias Doge, Mrs. Figg, and Emelline Vance.

When they headed back down to the tents that evening, Hermione and Ron pulled their best friends aside. Remus and Tonks followed Harry, Ginny, and the rest of the Weasley’s into Ron and Hermione’s tent.

“Ron, what’s going on?” Charlie asked.

The man in question flushed. “Err, uh,” he stammered distractedly.

“Well,” Hermione began, glancing around nervously at everyone else. “I’m pregnant.”

A moment of shocked silence reverberated against the walls of the tent before Molly squealed joyfully.

“I’m going to have to have three grandkid’s now!” she cried, squeezing Hermione tightly.

“Aw, Ickle Ronny is gonna be a daddy!” Fred exclaimed in his cutesy baby voice.

“Shut it,” Ron muttered. Despite the deep red in his face, he beamed around at his family and friends.

Ginny squealed loudly. “We’re going to have our kids at the same time!”

“I know!” Hermione exclaimed, equally as loud. “They can grow up together and go to school and everything!”

The entire group of females, including Fleur, Tonks, and Molly, dissolved into excited giggles. Harry thumped Ron on the back. “Good for you, mate,” he said, chuckling at Ron’s red face.

“When did you find out?” Charlie asked his brother when the girls’ excited screams had resided a little.

“A couple days ago,” he replied after regaining his calm. “We were going to tell everyone yesterday, but with his arrival, we decided it wasn’t time yet.”

“Well, I’m glad you finally told us,” Mrs. Weasley said, sniffing loudly.

Harry smiled, conjuring glasses and bottles for everyone in the room. Handing Hermione and Ginny the first two, he said, “Iced pumpkin juice for the ladies.” He poured the juice into their goblets before passing out the glasses out to everyone else and filled all of them with mead.

“I propose a toast,” he said, his voice filled with joy, “to the future generation.”

“Hear, hear,” Ron said loudly, raising his glass in the air. They all laughed and talked late into the night, before Harry sighed and said that he should be turning in. Everyone else followed rather reluctantly, though, to his amusement, he saw even Fred and George fail to suppress their yawns.

Harry climbed into bed not long after.

“G’night, Harry,” Ginny whispered peacefully.

“Night, Love,” Harry replied, smiling.

Within minutes, Ginny was snoring lightly. Harry, however, did not fall asleep so easily. The minute he was asleep, he was haunted by a terrible dream.

Ginny was running away.

“Ginny!” he shouted, reaching out for her. She didn’t turn to him or even acknowledge his cry. “Ginny, OVER HERE!” he cried, louder than before.

He squinted his eyes and saw that she was running to someone. He saw a huge silhouette not far from where Ginny was heading.

“Cormac,” she said, her lips moving soundlessly. She turned a little more and Harry could see that she was carrying something. No two bundles. Harry looked closer and saw that in her arms were two infants wrapped tightly in cloth.

“Oh, Cormac. They look just like you,” she said, her voice echoing in his ears.

“What!” Harry shouted in dismay. He finally caught up to where she was standing. Her arms were wrapped around the large figure. He rested his hand on her shoulder uncertainly. “Ginny, what’s going on?”

Finally, she turned to look at him. When she spoke, her voice was clearer than before, but her eyes were still glazed and distant. Her question, just three little words, was enough to make his head spin and his heart stop. “Who are you?”

Harry woke with a start and shot up in bed, panting.

“Harry, what’s the matter?” Ginny murmured sleepily beside him. She rested a hand on his and she stared up at him with concern. He could recall his dream so vividly. In it, her face was so bleak and unconcerned.

He shook his head to rid himself of her uncharacteristic expression. Ginny would never look at me like that, he thought. Still, he felt dread seep into him.

Cormac, they look just like you.

The children, forming within Ginny, were his. Right?

“Harry, you’re starting to scare me. What’s wrong?” she asked from beside him.

Of course the children were his. Ginny would never lie to him like that.

“I’m fine, Gin,” he finally replied, pushing aside the doubt within him. “I had a bad dream. That’s all.”

Ginny nodded wordlessly and kissed him lightly. “If you say so,” she muttered, before rolling over and falling back to sleep.

Harry did the same, though slumber evaded him. His mind was reeling. Why did he feel such doubt? Ginny loved him. She had made it quite clear on many occasions. After a few minutes, he realized that it wasn’t her he doubted. There was something telling him that something was going to happen. But in his last waking moments, Harry swore that he was going to protect her from it, no matter the cost.

*************************************************

The next morning, Ginny seemed very concerned for her husband because of the nightmare from the previous night. He had been so shaken up. Harry was concerned because of just about everything else. They went down to the service, where many more losses were mourned, but it seemed people were getting their long-awaited catharsis. Even Ginny went up to speak about Luna. Harry sighed heavily whenever names he recognized were mentioned. Hannah Abbot, Lavender Brown, Colin Creevey, Luna Lovegood, Natalie McDonald, Dean Thomas.

So many of those that he had called friends- those in the DA, who he had taught personally- so many died before they should have. They fought by his side with such loyalty that he was astounded. He went through the rest of the week with these thoughts. He rarely went back up to talk to everyone else, but in his mind’s eye he saw them- each one of the DA, training so hard and fighting with everything they had.

On the last day, grief was bearing down on everyone, Harry finally went back onto the stage.

“We’ve all suffered,” he said, his voice magically magnified. “We’ve all lost loved ones to death. But when it seems like too much, don’t close your heart. Open it to those that understand. Let them heal you from within and help you through your grief. No matter how much time passes, we’ll never forget those we lost. That’s how it should be. Don’t let their sacrifices weigh down on you with guilt but let the happy memories you have of them comfort you when you need it most. I’ve learned this first hand-“

He paused for a moment, his eyes roaming over Ron, Hermione, Remus, and Tonks, before resting on Ginny.

“Even when the world feels like it’s going to crash around you, you’re never alone. That’s why this memorial was arranged. Look around you. Everyone is here because they understand your grief and they feel the same way. They feel like there’s a whole in their hearts that no one else can fill. I feel the same way at times, but there is hope. No one is ever truly alone. The ones we love- never truly leave us.”

His voice, which was strong throughout his entire gripping speech, finally cracked as he quoted the man who had taught him so much. He bowed his head and walked off the stage. Everyone applauded before shuffling silently from the area.

********************************************

It was over. All tents were packed, and the Aurors had led everyone safely from the premises Harry’s first Ministry project had been completed successfully. Though it had been a rocky start, they pulled through and found what they were looking for. Harry sighed. He was still filled with worry and apprehension at the thought of what McLaggen might do next, but when he had spoken earlier that day, he meant what he said.

He was going to get through his with Ginny. He wasn’t going to try to shut her out or shield her from real life. They would go through it side by side, hand in hand.


A/N: Okay, so there’s a lot of foreshadowing in this chapter. =] Don’t think too much about it (as if that’s possible for hard-core HP fans) It’ll all reveal itself in time. In fact, I have the feeling that you’re all thinking too hard about things that will end up being insignificant… JK. Anyways, thanks for everyone who’s IMing me to encourage me to finish (I’ve also gotten some pretty good manga recommendations, which is always a plus). Thanks for all of the reviews. With luck, the next chapter will be up soon. I’m trying to finish part 3 of Halifax 3 rite now. I submitted part 2 but I figure that I have more readers for this story so chapter7 for this has higher priority over part2…
Missing in Action by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
“I don’t want to go back to work,” Harry moaned. It was the Monday after the memorial and neither Harry nor Ginny wanted to open their eyes.

“Stop whining and go to work,” Ginny muttered, not bothering to open her eyes and get out of bed.

“But you don’t have to go,” Harry whined.

Ginny opened an eye and looked over at him. Chuckling slightly, she said, “You do realize how childish you sound, don’t you?”

Harry did realize it and laughed. He crossed his arms over his chest and pouted. “But mummy, I don’t wanna!” he cried in the most high-pitched childish voice he could muster.

With a great effort, Ginny sat up. Doing her best to imitate her mother, Ginny said, “Harry James Potter, don’t make me get out of bed and dress you myself.”

“Please?” Harry asked, giving his wife innocent puppy dog eyes.

Ginny grinned impishly. “Not now, Harry. You have to work, and I told Hermione I’d go to her house and keep her company today.”

“Fine,” Harry said, pouting. He laughed, before kissing Ginny and going to the bathroom to take a shower.

Ginny smiled and decided it was time to start getting ready for her day as well.

********************************************************************

“Morning, Hermione!” Ginny said brightly, pushing the door to the Weasley flat open an hour later.

“Hi, Gin!” Hermione exclaimed in excitement. She waved enthusiastically with one hand and held a broom in the other.

“What are you doing?” Ginny asked, eyeing the broom suspiciously.

Hermione laughed. “Ever since I found out I’m pregnant, I’ve had the urge to clean the house the Muggle way.” Ginny laughed. “I’m also craving a pepperoni pizza right about now, too.”

The younger witch gaped. Hermione always hated pizza. She constantly complained about how high in calories it was and how the oils clogged arteries.

“Are you trying to give your kid clogged arteries before it’s born yet?”

Hermione rolled her eyes. “It’s just a craving. I’m not actually going to eat it.”

“Whatever,” Ginny replied playfully. “Now hand me a broom or something. I’ll help you clean.”

Five minutes later, the two women found themselves at the sink, washing dishes the Muggle way. Hermione was swishing through the soapy water, while Ginny held the towel. After nearly a half an hour, with half of all of the dishes in Hermione’s kitchen, dirty or not, washed and dried, Hermione muttered, “Oh darn. My fingers are all wrinkled.”

From her pregnancy, a mood swing reared its ugly head as tears sprung in her eyes. Spotting this, Ginny quickly interfered.

“I’ll wash, Hermione. Don’t worry about the wrinkles. They’ll go away,” she said soothingly. So they switched. Ginny drained the water in the sink and replaced it with fresh soapy water. While scrubbing on a particularly stubborn saucer, she felt her wedding ring nearly fall off of her finger. She hesitated. She knew she should take it off, but something told her otherwise.

“You might want to take it off,” Hermione said, interrupting Ginny’s inward battle. “You don’t want it to fall off and go down the drain.”

The conflict within her was immediately resolved. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if she lost it, so she carefully slipped the ring from her finger and set it down on the counter beside the sink. Just as she began to resume the scrubbing of the dishes, her hands slipped. She watched blankly as the bowl fell to the ground and shattered.

“Ginny, what’s the matter?” Hermione asked, taking her friend by the shoulders.

Ginny stared in confusion at her soapy hands. “What-“

Before she could finish her question, her body went slack and she fell to the ground in a faint.

“Ginny!” Hermione screamed in shock. She instantaneously kneeled beside her and felt her forehead. Then, with a flick of her wand, levitated Ginny’s limp form to the couch and laid her there carefully. Ginny’s wedding ring was left forgotten on the counter, glittering innocently.

***************************************************************

Darkness pressed on every side.

Where am I?

Voices she didn’t recognize filled her ears.

“I got your owl. Harry’s on his way. What’s the matter?” a male’s voice asked.

A female voice responded. “I don’t know. She just collapsed.”

Who are they talking about? Then, a better question filled her head. Who am I?

She sifted through her mind. She couldn’t remember anything. Her mind was a dark void. Nothing was there. Two names suddenly came to her horribly blank mind.

Ginny.

Ginny- Is that her name?

McLaggen.

Who is that? Do they know her?

Confusion filled Ginny’s mind - that was her name, wasn’t it? It seemed to be. Her eyes fluttered open. She was lying on a couch in a comfortable-looking living room.

She heard the man speak again. “Maybe we should take her to St. Mungo’s.”

“Let’s just wait for her to wake up. I don’t think that moving her in this state is such a good idea,” the woman responded.

Just then, there was a crack and another man’s voice entered the conversation. “Where’s is she?” he asked urgently.

“In there,” the woman replied.

Ginny heard the swift sounds of footsteps come her way. She quickly shut her eyes and pretended to be asleep. She didn’t want to be attacked by questions she didn’t know the answers to by people she didn’t know.

She did her best not to flinch when the man’s hand touched her cheek. “I’ll wait with her until she wakes.”

“No,” the woman interrupted. “You’re needed at work- you, too, Ron. I’ll leave her a note in case she wakes and get an OB/GYN from St. Mungo’s to come and check her over.”

Both men agreed and Ginny heard all three of them walk from the room. She carefully peered over the side of the couch to see the three disappear with loud cracking sounds.

She stood and walked over to the kitchen. On the counter was a note. Curiosity gripped her as she read it.

Ginny,

You passed out so I’m going to St. Mungo’s to get a Healer to make sure you’re all right. Just lay down until I get back.

Hermione


So her name was Ginny. She sighed. That only left her with one unknown memory- the name McLaggen.

Her eyes scanned the counter and rested uncertainly on a shimmering gold ring. For a moment, she couldn’t look away. It held her attention, calling out to her. She tried to reach for it, trying to think of where she had seen it before. Before she got near enough to set it on her finger, a splitting headache stopped her in her tracks. McLaggen.

She immediately knew that she would have to find this person to find her lost memories. Urgency filled her and, ignoring the note, she ran from the flat without a backward glance.

********************************************************

“Ginny?” Hermione called, as she Apparated back home. She went to the couch in the living room and gasped when she saw it was vacated. She motioned for Madame Adamson who had come with her to take a seat. She went through all of the rooms, now panicking at Ginny’s absence. The house was empty, with the exception of the two Healers. The front door was unlocked and wide open

“Oh my god,” Hermione muttered into her hands. “Where did she go?”

Madame Adamson said nothing, but put a comforting hand on Hermione’s shoulder. “She probably just went home.”

Hermione shook her head, motioning toward the ring still lying on the counter. “She’d never leave without that.”

Without thinking, she left the Healer behind and Disapparated to the Ministry.

She flew through the bustling hall and into the lifts, impatiently jabbing at the button. When it clanged open, she burst into the Auror’s office and into Ron’s crowded cubicle.

“Ginny’s missing,” she gasped.

“What!”

“I got back home and the house was empty.”

”Are you sure she didn’t just go home?” Ron asked horrified.

“She left her ring on the counter.”

He paled. “I’ll get Harry.”

He stood so abruptly that Hermione started. Without another word, they both ran through the halls and into Harry’s office. He was already pacing his office, his brow furrowed.

“How is she?” he asked, the minute the two burst through the door.

“Harry, I’m so sorry!” Hermione cried. “I can’t find her.”

The colour immediately left his face. “Did you check our house?”

“No, but-“ she paused, and dropped the ring into his shaking hands.

“No,” he gasped, his whole body shaking. He disappeared with a loud crack. Ron and Hermione exchanged a worried glance before following him to his house. When they arrived, Harry was already panicked.

“GINNY!” he cried, his fists clenched. He hadn’t sounded so scared in a long time. He sunk onto the couch, his head hanging miserably and his hand loosely holding the golden ring. Silence reverberated off of the walls for several minutes, before Ron spoke. His voice was so quiet that it took a few moments for Harry to even realize he spoke.

“It’s your fault,” he said.

“What?” Hermione asked in shock.

“It’s his fault,” he repeated, jabbing an angry finger in Harry’s direction.

“What are you talking about?” Harry stammered wearily. His head was spinning, too much was happening at one time.

“Everything has gone wrong since you two got married,” he said, his voice growing louder.

“Ron, stop,” Harry groaned. He realized where Ron was going with this and he couldn’t believe it.

“DON’T TELL ME TO STOP!” Ron yelled. “EVER SINCE THE WEDDING THINGS HAVE GONE WRONG. SHE’S HAD HER HEART NEARLY BROKEN, DEMENTOR'S ATTACK AND NOW SHE’S MISSING.”

“Ron, stop it!” Hermione cried, shocked at his outburst.

“Don’t tell me to stop, Hermione. I’ve held my tongue because they are in love, but, destined or not, I’m putting my foot down,” he said, his voice now filled with quiet fury. He turned on Harry, his eyes flashing angrily. “Cormac McLaggen is after you, and you can’t even protect Ginny from him. She’s pregnant, and now she’s missing.”

Harry’s hand clenched around Ginny’s ring. “Don’t you dare blame me. I’ve tried so hard to protect her.” Hot tears ran down his face. “I’M GOING TO FIND HER. I WON’T LET HER GET HURT ANY MORE.”

Ron scoffed. “Yeah, right.”

Without another word, he Disapparated.

Hermione gasped. “Harry, I’m sorry. I don’t know what got into him.”

Harry nodded, his back to her. “Just go,” he said in a barely audible whisper.

She hesitated. “You know where to reach us if you need someone to talk to.”

He didn’t respond. He didn’t even look back when she left with a loud crack. When he was sure she had gone, he knelt on the ground, still clenching the ring. He didn’t know how long he was there. He just cried until he was dry and he couldn’t cry any more. When tears would no longer come, he just sat there, staring blankly at the ring and waiting. Waiting for what, he didn’t know because there was a feeling within him that told him Ginny wasn’t coming home tonight and perhaps- Harry choked at the thought- perhaps not ever.

A/N: AAAH! I know this chapter is confusing. Try not to bombard me with hate mail. Ron is being an overprotective angry older brother… I’ll update again as soon as this is up! Ch. 9 is already written. By the way, I made a banner for this fic. I posted it in my Author's info.
An Awkward Luncheon by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
“Harry, wake up,” Hermione said, shaking Harry gently.

“What?” Harry groaned, opening his eyes. He had somehow fallen asleep on the living room floor, his hand still clenched around Ginny’s ring.

“Did you sleep here all night?” she asked, concerned.

Harry nodded wordlessly as all of the previous night’s events hit him all over again. After a minute of awkward silence, Harry turned to her. “What are you doing here? I don’t think Ron would fancy the idea of you talking to me right now.”

“Ron doesn’t know I’m here,” she said quietly. Seeing his darkened expression, she added, “Harry, he’s just worried. He’ll come round once he calms down a little.”

“Don’t worry about it, Hermione,” Harry replied in a tone that he hoped sounded nonchalant.

Hermione was obviously not fooled by his tone because she gave him a concerned look and patted him on the arm reassuringly. “You’ll find her, Harry. You have all of the Aurors at your command. Don’t worry too much.”

Harry nodded again. He smiled weakly at Hermione, unsure of what to say.

She returned the smile, relieved to see him smile, no matter how small it was.

He heaved himself off of the ground and left to get ready. Hermione sat down on the couch and sighed. She already had to worry about Ginny’s strange disappearance, now she had to worry about Ron’s irrational behaviour and Harry’s stress and worry. When he came back down a half an hour later, he looked a little less stressed and also very grateful.

“Thanks for coming for me, Hermione. You got me on my feet, even though I don’t want to be.”

“Anytime, Harry,” she said. “I’m you’re friend, no matter how big of a prat my husband can be.”

Harry smiled again and left for work. Hermione followed wordlessly, heading for St. Mungo’s.

He landed in the Apparation point of the Ministry and immediately went to his office to write a memo to Kingsley. Within minutes, the head Auror was entering the room with a concerned look on his face.

“Did you need me?” he asked.

Harry nodded. “Try to keep this quiet, okay?”

Kingsley frowned slightly. “You know I can’t promise you that, Harry. If it concerns the safety of others-“

“It has to do with Ginny,” Harry interrupted curtly. “She’s missing.”

Kingsley nearly fell out of his chair in shock. “What happened?” he asked, immediately sympathetic.

“I don’t know,” Harry sighed. “Hermione was with her. She said that Ginny collapsed and she went to St. Mungo’s to get her some help. When she came back, Ginny was gone.” He paused for a moment, reaching into the pocket of his robes. “She left behind her ring.”

Kingsley stared in silence. He, along with most of the Order, knew that Ginny never took off her ring. She wouldn’t ever leave it behind somewhere.

“What do you think happened to her?” he asked quietly.

“I don’t know,” Harry replied quietly. His hands were shaking in his lap. “That’s what scares me.”

He pulled out the tiny box that held Ginny’s engagement ring. He had pulled it out of the drawer of her bedside table this morning. He held onto it in hopes that it would lead him to her.

Kingsley nodded reassuringly. “I’ll send Ron and some other trusted Aurors out to look for her. I’ll make sure they don’t let it leak to the press.”

“Thanks,” Harry said quietly. He tensed slightly at the sound of his best mate’s name. He hoped that Kingsley didn’t notice. The Auror left the room quickly, leaving Harry to himself

He sighed quietly and tried to create a mind connection with Ginny. His hand clenched the ring again, trying to call to her. Nothing happened. He sighed again. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Hermione came timidly into the room.

“Hi, Harry,” she muttered quietly.

“Hey, Hermione.”

“Do you want to go to lunch today?” she asked.

He hesitated for several seconds before asking, “Does Ron know?”

“Yeah, well, he knows I’m going to lunch with Victor, so I suppose that it would be okay if you joined us.”

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea. You’re going to lunch with two of his three least favourite people in the world.”

“I really don’t care about that right now. He’s being a right prat. Don’t think anything of it. If anything, it’ll knock him to his senses.”

Harry smiled ruefully. “All right. I’ll go with you and meet up with Victor.”

“Brilliant!” She smiled. “See you at the Leaky Cauldron at noon, okay?”

“Yeah. See you.”

She left, smiling warmly. Harry returned the smile, though feeling kind of reluctant.

“It’s okay to be happy. Ginny won’t want you to be miserable.”

Harry nodded. “I know. I’m just worried.”

“I understand. Look, just do your best to find her. Fate will bring you back together. It brought you here, didn’t it? You came back from death, just to be with her. Nothing else could possibly amount to that.”

Harry smiled again. Suddenly, he knew that he would find his wife. One day things would be okay again.

*************************************************

Meanwhile, Ginny wandered, alone and confused. She had run from the strange house without thinking. The name, nagging at her mind, seemed to be leading her somewhere. Suddenly she saw the ruins of what looked like a large manor. She walked around, looking for something that might jog her memory. She saw nothing but rubble and torn ruins of belongings.

“So you came?” a voice said from behind her.

Ginny whipped around and saw a huge man, smiling at her. Suddenly she knew this was the one that she wanted.

“Are you Cormac?” she asked timidly.

“Yeah, I am,” he replied, extending his hand. “The name’s Cormac McLaggen. And you’re Ginny.”

It wasn’t a question.

“You know who I am?” she said suddenly.

“Sure I do. Don’t you?”

Ginny shook her head. “No. I don’t remember.”

“You’re Ginny. You’re my girlfriend.”

Ginny took a step back in shock. “What? I don’t understand.”

Cormac looked intensely into her eyes. “You’re my girlfriend. You went away last month and didn’t come back, until now.”

He took her in his arms suddenly. She recoiled from his touch. “I know you don’t remember me. You probably don’t trust me. I could be lying for all you know, but sooner or later-” he leaned in a little, “-you will-” he was drawing closer, “-trust me.”

He whispered his last two words, so close that Ginny could feel his breath on her face. Ginny pushed him away screaming, “NO!”

Cormac looked surprised at her outburst.

“I don’t even remember who you are,” she said. “I don’t know you. Please just- give me space.”

Cormac sighed. “All right. You can have space, but until you remember me, stay over at my place. You can have your own room and all.”

Without any other place to go, Ginny consented. She followed him through the forest to a cottage. It was in such a remote area that she wondered if anyone else knew where it was. He pushed open the door, revealing a comfy-looking, fully furnished living room.

“You’re room is down the hall,” he said, pointing to a door. “Make yourself at home.” Ginny nodded gratefully. “I have just one rule. Don’t ever leave without me.”

With that, he left the cottage, locking the door behind him. Ginny stared blankly at the spot where he once stood. She ran her hands over her stomach. It was so- round. Could she possibly be- No, she couldn’t be. Who would the father be? Was it Cormac, or someone else?

Apparently this man was the one who could return her memories. She wanted her memories back, to know who she was. She wanted to trust him- to find her past. She wanted to let him in, but, no matter how she much she wanted it, something didn’t feel right. Something was missing.

***************************************************************

Harry absentmindedly finished up his work before leaving for lunch. He landed in the Leaky Cauldron, immediately spotting Hermione and Viktor Krum in one of the corners of the room, chatting merrily. She spotted him and waved. Viktor also had on a warm face. Harry wondered if she told him about Ginny.

“It is good to see you, Harry,” he said, his voice still heavily accented.

“You too,” Harry replied, shaking the famous seeker’s hand.

“Herm-own-ninny told me about your vife. I’m sorry.”

Harry glanced over at her. She shrugged, looking slightly apologetic. “It’s all right,” Harry replied. “She’ll be found soon. I trust the Aurors.” There was an awkward pause as Harry sat down. “Anyways, enough about me. How are you doing, Viktor?”

“I am doing vell. The team is in England for a match, so there vill be time to look around, I am thinking.”

“That’s good,” he replied, smiling. They ordered food and ate in silence. There was really nothing to say. Viktor wasn’t one to talk much, so Harry and Hermione contented themselves with the exchange of quiet looks of significance.

“Is there anywhere you’d like to go, Viktor?”

He shook his head with a noncommittal shrug. Harry raised an eyebrow as Hermione immediately took off about all of the good book shops and other stores around. He chuckled, as Viktor looked overwhelmed by Hermione’s rapid talk. Suddenly, Harry felt a tingling sensation on the back of his neck that told him that someone was watching him. He tried to shake it off. He should be used to it by now, being the Minister, but the feeling was different this time. He turned to see Ron glowering in their direction from the entrance. His smile faded rapidly from his face. Hermione spotted Ron, too, and frowned.

“Let’s go outside,” she muttered irritably, “before Ron makes a scene.”

They made their way out of the pub quickly. Harry felt his gaze boring into the back of their heads. When they finished tapping the bricks on the wall to get them into Diagon Alley, they wordlessly walked through the arched entryway. Ron followed. Hermione dragged Viktor and Harry through the crowds. All three of them were painfully aware of the fact the Ron was closely behind them, becoming angrier by the second.

Finally, Hermione cracked. “What do you want, Ron?” she snapped, wheeling around to face him.

“What are you doing with them?” he scowled, ignoring her question.

“They’re my friends,” she retorted. “They should be yours, too, you know. You’re being a ridiculous prat.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Don’t say that! You know what you did! Harry needs our support right now and you’re not helping.”

Harry sighed at being talked about like he wasn’t there. “Ron, I’m sorry,” he said quietly. “I tried to protect her. I’m going to find her, I promise.”

Viktor stopped his pleas by resting a hand on his shoulder. He was glowering at Ron. “Harry, it is not your fault. Ronald should not be blaming you. You loff her.”

“Don’t talk to them!” Ron said, his voice rising. People were starting to turn and stare. Viktor said nothing to Ron, but instead turned to Hermione.

“I vill see you later, Herm-own-ninny. I vill write you ven I am next in town,” he said before Disapparating.

Hermione glared at Ron. “You have really lost it, Ronald. You knew I was going to lunch with Viktor. You’re acting extremely immature.”

“Whatever,” he said angrily, before storming off.

Harry sighed. Suddenly all of his doubts came flooding back to him. Would he be able to find her? Why did she leave?

“Harry, don’t start blaming yourself again,” Hermione whispered softly.

“Why not?” he said, never feeling this hopeless before. “Ron’s right. Ever since we got back together after the war, there have been problems. I got kidnapped and nearly died. It almost broke her heart. She could have died, too. She’s missing now. It’s because of McLaggen, because he wants me dead. I couldn’t protect her. She could be dead for all I know.”

“Harry, stop. Look in your heart. You know she’s not dead. It’s not your fault. You’re forgetting that Ginny has her own free will. She chose to love you, and her love will never cease. She didn’t die at Malfoy Manor because your love protects her. It still does. Just don’t lose that love and you’ll be together again, for the rest of your lives. Don’t worry about Ron. He’ll come to his senses. Hopefully sooner, rather than later, though.”

Harry did as Hermione told him and looked deep within him. Wherever Ginny was, he could feel her heart beating. Things would be better. Ginny would come back and Ron would come to his senses, as Hermione said, hopefully sooner, rather than later.

A/N: Sooo, what did you think? I was hoping to update as soon as 8 was up, but I took a relaxing vacation in Hawaii. I learned how to surf! lol. Chapter 10 is written and just needs to be typed. I have the whole story thought out. It should be about 15 or so chapters. School starts again this week so the updates may be further space apart. Sorry in advance. Also, thanks for the reviews! OVER 200! You’re so amazing. Special thanks to snhpf for making a few edits due to my random moments of stupidity (which come quite often).

By the way, I made banners to both this story and the prequel. Check them out and tell me what you think please.

~QP
Running Away by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Ginny stirred and rolled onto her side. She was in the same rustic house that Cormac had brought her to nearly a week ago. She still didn’t remember anything other than her name and Cormac’s, who claimed he was her boyfriend. She didn’t know if it was true or not, but currently, it was the only connection she had to her lost past, which she was determined to find again. He hadn’t tried to kiss her since the first time she saw him after she blacked out. She felt as though there was a void within her that Cormac couldn’t fill. She rubbed her hand over her stomach. Without warning, she gasped.

“Oh, Merlin,” she hissed to herself. The two children within her, though she didn’t know how she knew they were twins, kicked her stomach hard, as if they were trying to tell her something. She still wondered to whom the children belonged. Cormac said that they were not his. He insisted that she should get rid of them so that they would not be a burden to her. She, however, felt a connection to the unborn twins. She did not want to let them go.

She glowered at the sun shining through the window, taunting her. She wished that she could go outside to stretch her legs, but the doors and windows were locked and she wasn’t allowed outside. She sighed and flopped heavily onto the couch. Cormac, of course, wasn’t home. He seemed to be away more than he was with her, which seemed odd since he often reminded her that he was her boyfriend.

“Don’t leave,” he told her, when she last asked if she could go out. “I don’t want to risk losing you again.”

She understood where he was coming from, but she still was angry. She didn’t want to be treated like a baby. She sighed again and closed her eyes. As she did she heard someone calling. Ginny, where are you? a terrified voice cried. Her eyes snapped open. She peered around the room, but no one was there. Without warning, the doors swung open. Cormac strode in with his usual overconfident air. She scowled at the pompous grin on his face.

“Are you comfortable?” he asked.

Ginny glared indignantly. “You lock me in here and expect me to be comfortable?”

“Sorry, Ginny,” he said, taking her in his arms. She recoiled slightly at his touch. “You still don’t trust me because you won’t let me in. If you just let go of this pregnancy, you’ll be less confused and we can move on.”

“NO WAY!” she shouted indignantly. She pushed hard against him and glared. “I’m going to have these children, whether you like it or not.”

He stared back for several moments before narrowing his eyes and raising his wand.

Imperio,” he hissed.

She suddenly felt blissfully unaware of everything around her. She felt free of her pain and confusion. There was an urge within her to approach the man standing in front of her. Her arms wrapped around him of their own accord. She closed her eyes as he leaned in to kiss her.

His face was a mere inch from hers when there was a loud succession of pops and cracks outside and the door to the cabin shook violently on its hinges. The blissful ignorance placed upon her was immediately broken. She glared at Cormac for hexing her but before she could say anything, he dragged her through a trapdoor, clamping a hand over her mouth.

*********************************************************************************************

“There’s been an Imperius Curse cast in the forest near Malfoy Manor,” Ron said, interrupting the awkward silence between him and his best mate.

“Ron,” Harry began, uncertainly.

“There hasn’t been a magical disturbance there since Malfoy died,” Ron interrupted with a tone of forced formality. “Aurors are already on their way to investigate, but you might want to look into it personally.”

He left before Harry could reply. Harry sighed miserably and Disapparated. He landed in the middle of a green clearing. A small wooden cabin stood only a few yards away. Aurors were already swarming around it, looking for signs of life. The door appeared to have been knocked off of its hinges during the process of forcing it open. Nobody asked him questions as he strode in.

“Have you found anything?” he asked the nearest Auror, one he knew as Dawlish.

“No, Minister,” Dawlish replied. The look on his face told Harry that he wasn’t forgiven for Stunning him during his hunt for the Horcruxes. Serves him right for tailing us, Harry thought.

He sighed again, turning his back on Dawlish. Craning his neck to peer around every corner of the cramped cabin, he spotted the kitchen. The sink held several dirty dishes, leaving him with the impression that someone had been here recently. He closed his eyes, hoping that his connection with Ginny would lead him nearer to her. He walked forward without opening them. He took several steps to the left, and just when he felt that he was close enough to touch her, he ran face first into a wall.

He moaned in disappointment. He could have sworn he could feel her nearby, but perhaps he only felt it because it was what he wanted to feel.

“Are there any other signs of magic here?” he asked Tonks, miserably.

She looked up at him sadly. “I’m sorry, Harry. There’s nothing here. The others are getting ready to leave now.”

Harry nodded, preparing himself to Disapparate with the others.

*************************************************************************************

As soon as a series of pops and cracks alerted Ginny and McLaggen of their departure, his vice-like grip on her loosened. She shoved open the trap door and glared at him.

“What the bloody hell is your problem?” she asked angrily.

“I was trying to protect you,” he replied simply.

“You’ve got to be joking,” she muttered incredulously. Then, without warning, she ran out of the cabin, which had been turned inside out by the Aurors.

She ran as far as her swollen ankles would permit her. She didn’t know where she was going, but without warning, she felt a pressure fall upon her. As if she had been shoved into a small rubber tube, she struggled to breathe. Then, just as quickly as it had come, the pressure lifted and she fell in front of a crooked looking house. It wasn’t big, but compared to the shack she had just been trapped in, it was like a palace. She didn’t know why she suddenly felt so bitter against where she was staying before, but she also felt a connection toward this place. As she walked to the front door she heard voices.

“You haven’t found her yet?” a worried-sounding woman asked.

“No,” said a man’s voice.

“It’s been over a week,” she sobbed.

“I know,” he said quietly. “It’s as if she’s just vanished.”

She was so wrapped up in listening to the strangers’ conversation that she didn’t hear someone approach her from behind.

“Ginny?” screeched a young woman with bushy brown hair. “What happened to you?”

Ginny didn’t say anything. How did this woman know her? Before she could say anything, the two in the house darted out of the house.

“Ginny!” a tall ginger-haired man shouted in surprise. She stared in shock. His red hair was the exact same shade as hers.

The plump witch who had accompanied the man out embraced her in a bone-crushing hug.

“I was so worried,” the woman cried.

Ginny took a step back, her eyes wide. “Who are you people?” she asked uncertainly.

The three around her looked worried and the bushy haired one asked tentatively, “What do you mean?”

She rubbed her temple irritably, willing her memories to return. “I don’t remember anything. It’s like my mind is blank.”

The man silently slipped away, leaving Ginny with the two women. They both stared at her as if seeing her for the first time. Ginny shifted her weight uncomfortably from foot to foot before scowling.

“Maybe it was a mistake to come here,” she said before stomping away.

“Ginny, wait!” the brown-haired woman exclaimed, grabbing her by the wrist. “Can’t you wait for Harry? He’s been worried sick.”

She was about to ask who this Harry was, but before she could, a memory arose suddenly in her mind along with a sharp headache. A man with deep green eyes and wild black hair was staring lovingly at her with a smile on his face. She felt her knees shake as she saw the man. She gasped and wrenched her hand away from the woman’s grasp.

“What did you do to me?” she cried.

Before either could answer, she took off running again. Ignoring their pleas for her to return, she screamed over her shoulder, “You’re just like McLaggen! You’re probably even with him!”

Meanwhile, Ron burst through the Ministry, just as he had only a week ago. The halls were nearly empty as the sun set through the windows.

“Ginny-Burrow-memory,” he panted breathlessly,

Harry’s head, which had been leaning over a stack of papers, snapped up so quickly that it appeared that he cricked his neck.

“What about Ginny?” he asked frantically, vigorously massaging his neck.

“She’s at the Burrow,” Ron said, catching his breath. “She says that she lost her memory.”

Harry jumped up and left the room before Ron could say anything else, refusing to meet his gaze.

“Where is she?” he asked the moment his feet landed on the front porch of the Burrow.

“I’m sorry, Harry!” Hermione cried. She looked terrified. “She ran away again before we could stop her.”

“She screamed something about McLaggen before she left,” Mrs Weasley said through a sob.

There was a moment of silence before Ron spoke. “Harry, mate, I’m sorry for blaming you,” he muttered. “I shouldn’t-“

“No,” Harry suddenly interrupted. His voice was even quieter than Ron’s. “You’re right. I should have protected her better.”

The other three immediately tried to object and comfort him, but he shook turned his back to them. His whole body was shaking as he vowed, “I’m going to kill McLaggen for whatever he did to her.”

A/N: Okay, so before anyone says anything about Harry declining Ron’s apology, I’d like to point out that he’s very, very upset. Anyways, anyone catch the Pottercast reference? *giggles* I couldn’t mention the Aurors without bringing in good ol’ DAAAWLISH! I’m going to have to think of a Mugglecast reference somewhere… If anyone asks, I’m not using Horcri… lol anyone know what I’m talking about? YAY! Big thanks to all of you for the lovely reviews. I especially want to thanks snhpf for constantly reviewing and being my buddy :] and to Silver_Quill for bringing hot cheese and piranha goldfish into a new perspective for me *Laughs hysterically* There. If constantly leave witty reviews, I might just mention you here!

~QP
Waking Up by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Ginny wandered around in the woods for several hours. The sun had long since set before she noticed a small cabin, not unlike the one she had stayed in before. Groaning inwardly, she approached it. She didn’t much like the idea of wandering the woods at night while bearing twins. While she didn’t want to be left alone this late at night, she found trusting anyone at this point rather difficult.

Smoke was furling out of the chimney and dancing firelight shone through the cabin windows. Heart pounding nervously, she walked up to the front door and knocked gently. The door opened smoothly, revealing the cabin’s warm interior and an old woman with an ethereal air about her. She had the smell of herbs and spices and a toothy smile on her face.

“My, my, who do we have here?” she asked in a hearty voice. Ginny nearly sighed in relief. She marked up a point in her mind for this woman because obviously she didn’t know who Ginny was, unlike everyone she had met before.

“I wish I knew,” she muttered in response.

“Well, then, come on in, dear,” she said cheerfully. “Why don’t you take a seat? I’ll give you a place to kip for the night.”

Ginny went in hesitantly and sat at a small wooden table. As she took her seat, her stomach grumbled loudly. In her worry, she hadn’t even noticed how hungry she was. She was about to ask if she could have something small to eat, but, as if the woman had read her mind, a plate full of food was placed in front of her.

“Tuck in, darling,” the woman said, taking a seat beside her. As Ginny ate, the woman smiled at her, asking questions about her life.

“I don’t know anything,” she replied with a small sigh. “All I can remember is my name-“ She paused, not wanting to mention McLaggen.

“Which is what?” the woman asked, breaking the silence that Ginny created in her abrupt halt.

“Ginny. And what’s your name?”

“Well,” the woman said, smiling serenely, “the name’s Alexandra, but others call me Alex.”

Ginny nodded. “Alex it is.”

“Wonderful!” Alex said, giggling like a schoolgirl despite her age. Ginny said nothing. What a strange woman, she couldn’t help but think. After she finished eating, she made to take her plate to the sink, but realised that there was none.

“Er- what should I do with my dish?” she asked uncertainly.

“Oh, here, dear,” Alex replied cheerfully, pulling her wand from her pocket. When she caught Ginny looking at it, she asked, “You don’t mind, do you?”

Ginny shook her head fervently. She wondered where her wand was, if she even had one. She watched as her plate transformed into a paper disk and dumped itself unceremoniously into the trash bin.

“I like to live in luxury,” Alex said as if it explained the paper plates disguised as fine china. She stowed her wand away and smiled warmly at Ginny. “Well then, time for bed. Night!”

Ginny lay down on the cosy cot that Alex conjured. She fell asleep immediately dreaming of bushy brown haired women and red haired men dancing around her. She woke up the next morning not feeling particularly rested and considerably more confused. Alex was sitting at the table, reading the Morning Prophet. On the cover was a picture of a dark haired man. Ginny stared at the picture in awe. The man looked a lot like the image of the man who had appeared in her mind after the brown haired woman grabbed her.

“Who is that?” she asked.

“Oh that,” Alex said, glancing at the front cover, “is the Minister of Magic. Hopefully he’ll be more effective than the old ones.”

Ginny continued to stare at the picture. There was something about it, she just didn’t know what.

“You can’t have him,” Alex said playfully, mistaking her look of confusion for one of desire. “He’s married. To a pretty young witch, from what I hear. Looks a lot like you, come to think of it, but I haven’t actually seen her.”

Ginny said nothing, wondering whether the connection she felt toward the man and her uncanny similarity to his wife had any significance.

“I’ll be going to Diagon Alley today. I have a few items I need to grab in the Apothecary. Would you like to join me?”

Ginny shrugged. “Sure, I guess. I don’t have anywhere to go.”

Alex chuckled and handed her a tube of lipstick. “It’s a Portkey,” she explained. “You’re not in a very good shape to Apparate and it’s much too far to walk.”

Ginny took the tube wordlessly and felt a jerk behind her navel. When her feet hit the ground, she looked around. She was in the middle of a bustling town whose streets were lined with shops. Before she could fully digest what she was seeing, Alex landed beside her with a loud pop.

“This way, dear,” she said, gesturing Ginny toward a building. She followed, hoping that she would see something that would jog her memory. On her way in, she bumped into a man on his way out.

“Excuse me,” she muttered. The man grabbed her wrist, staring hard at her. There was a mixture of emotions on his face that she couldn’t read.

“Ginny?” he asked incredulously.

“Harry,” she whispered as she stared into the Minister of Magic’s green eyes. She didn’t quite know how she knew his name, but there he was. His grip was tight on her wrist, but she didn’t mind. It was as if the world around her had stopped.

“Where have you been?” he asked. There was such sadness in his eyes, but also relief and joy was evident.

“I’m sorry,” she said quietly, finally averting her gaze. “I can’t remember anything. The person I was before and who I am now, we must be different people.”

She tried to pry her wrist from his hands, but his grip was too tight. “Please don’t leave me. Not again,” he begged. There was such a pleading tone in his voice that her heart broke.

“I can’t,” she said, even more quiet than before.

“You’re still in there, Ginny Potter,” he said intently, clutching her hand. “No one has ever looked at me like that except you.”

Ginny said nothing. She couldn’t find the right words. He looked earnestly at her and reached into his pocket. Without a word, he gave her a small velvet box.

“It brought me back to you once,” he said, as she opened it. Inside was a beautiful diamond ring. “Wear it when you remember. You’ll know where to find me.”

He turned away from her and walked away, but not before she saw tears fall from his eyes.

**********************************************************

“I saw Ginny today,” Harry told Hermione in a small voice.

“What!” Hermione exclaimed in shock.

“I saw her, in Diagon Alley.”

“Where is she now?”

Harry shrugged hopelessly. “She’s a different person. She truly believes it. I couldn’t reach her.”

Ron, who had been standing awkwardly beside his wife, rested a hand on his shoulder. “She’ll be okay, Mate,” he said quietly. There was an apologetic note in his voice as he continued. “I should have remembered how bloody lovesick she is when it comes to you. Nothing can change that.”

Harry looked up at his best mate. He understood and took Ron’s words as an apology. “Thanks, Ron,” he said simply. Ron grinned sheepishly. He embraced his best mate warmly.

Hermione looked reluctantly at her watch. “Sorry, Harry. I’ve got an appointment in a few minutes at St. Mungo’s.”

“Go ahead,” Harry said distractedly, waving her off. “You, too, Ron.”

Ron looked like he was going to protest, but Harry interrupted him. “Really, I’ll be fine for a few hours by myself.”

The two Disapparated, but only after giving him one long, concerned look.

Harry sat in the silence of his home, flipping open a book in an attempt to distract himself from his thoughts. Today was Ginny’s due date. He wondered if, wherever Ginny was staying, she was in pain, bringing his new family into the world.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t hear Remus approach him from behind.

“How are you doing?” the Marauder asked, causing Harry to jump in shock.

“When did you get here?” Harry responded in supply.

“About ten minutes ago. You were really out of it so I just left you to your thoughts. Anyways, how are you doing?”

Harry shrugged noncommittally. “It’s her due date today,” he told Remus dully.

Remus nodded in understanding. “I’m sure she’s fine.”

“I know she is, but I can’t help but worry- or wonder why she lost her memory in the first place.”

A sad silence filled the room as both were at a loss for words. “Why’d you come over?” Harry asked. “Where’s Tonks?”

Remus shrugged. “Ron and Hermione stopped by and asked me to check on you.”

Harry couldn’t help but chuckle slightly at his words. “Of course,” he muttered.

“I was going to come by later anyways, you know, to see you you’re holding up.”

“I’ll live.”

“Are you so sure about that?” Remus questioned. “Living like this, like half of who you are, isn’t living at all.”

“But I am half of who I should be. Without Ginny, I don’t know who I am. I’ve had her by my side for so long, I’m not used to her not with me.”

“Of course you don’t.” He paused then looked at Harry with an expression of suspicion. “You don’t have the ring on you.”

“No,” Harry replied hesitantly. “I saw Ginny earlier today. I gave it to her.”

Remus barely managed to hide his surprise. “You saw her?”

“Yeah, in Diagon Alley. She was with some old witch, but she’s someone different now. She really doesn’t remember anything.”

Getting over his initial shock, the older wizard sighed heavily. “At the very least, you know that she’s alive and well taken care of.”

Harry smiled ruefully but said nothing else. He returned to his thoughts and forgot Remus was there. The latter man patted Harry consolingly on the arm before leaving reluctantly.

*******************************************************************

Ginny sat quietly on her cot, absentmindedly playing with the velvet box. She had the urge to put on the golden ring resting within it, but restrained herself. She didn’t want to risk something happening, such as being tricked into a false sense of security as McLaggen did before. Her stomach lurched at the thought of McLaggen. Was that even his real name? She couldn’t answer that. Something told her that everything he had ever said to her was a lie.

She sighed in frustration, shutting the top of the box shut with a snap. Alex, who was sitting at the table, watching her, smiled knowingly.

“It won’t hurt you,” Alex said, her hearty tone replaced by a strange ethereal one. “It’s made by light magic. It will help.”

Ginny raised a sceptical eyebrow, but made no comment. She wanted very dearly to slip the innocently twinkling ring onto her left finger. Her instincts told her that it wouldn’t hurt her- that it would help her- but her experiences thus far made her hesitate. With a huff, she shoved ring into the back of her thoughts and placed the box on the table. She lay onto her cot and closed her eyes. She was so exhausted that within minutes she was asleep.

When she next woke up, the cabin was empty. On the table was a note addressed to her.

Ginny,

Don’t give up on what you have begun. You have faced much, but there is one person who can bring you peace. Destiny works in funny ways sometimes.

Alex


Ginny furrowed her brow a little. How strange, she thought. When she had first met Alexandra, she felt a strange ethereality about her, but hadn’t really given it much consideration. Now the strange old woman seemed mystical, even frightening. Even through her trepidation, she couldn’t help but steal a glance at the ring on the table. She stared at it for several seconds before, with trembling hands, reaching down and gently lifting it from the box. A bead of anxious sweat rolled down her forehead as she gently slipped the ring onto her finger. For several disappointing seconds, nothing happened. She was about to take it off again when suddenly she felt as though she had been run over by a heard of stampeding hippogriffs. She grabbed the ring box and the letter from Alex and sprinted out the door. She would thank her later for the hospitality, but at the moment, Ginny only had one thing on her mind.

She had to return to her husband.

A/N: Sorry, good and faithful readers. The rollercoaster isn’t over yet. We still have to find the slightly psychotic, I mean barely noticeably unbalanced, McLaggen (did you catch my sarcasm?) Thanks for the wonderful reviews! By the way, I tried to update my Halifax triplet, but it got rejected twice without any rejection letters *sigh* If any of you have any questions that don't pertain to the plot of my story, go ahead and find my Duelling Club thread on the MNFF forums!

~QP


At Long Last by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
A knock came from the front door of the Potters' home.

Harry stood from his stool in the kitchen, setting down his tea with a sigh. He heard the caller at the front door knock again, growing more insistent by the second.

“Coming,” he called, but as he reached for the handle, it burst open and Ginny tumbled into his arms.

“Oh, Harry!” she sobbed into his robes. “I’m so sorry.”

Harry wrapped his arms protectively around her, feeling as if everything was right in the world again.

“It’s all right,” he said gently, brushing her hair from her face. “It wasn’t your fault.” He held up a hand as Ginny began to speak. “Whatever McLaggen did to you doesn’t matter, not now.”

Ginny looked as if she wanted to apologize again, but he silenced her with an intense kiss.

“Harry,” she whispered, before falling to a heap on the ground.

“Ginny!” he exclaimed, then, without a second thought, Apparated her to St. Mungo’s.

************************************************************

“Harry, mate, stop pacing!” Ron said irritably, running a hand through his hair. “You’re wearing a hole in the ground.”

Harry sunk helplessly into chair beside the last remaining Marauder. He, along with the entire Weasley clan, Tonks, and Remus, anxiously awaited the diagnosis from Ginny’s collapse.

“Merlin, Remus,” Harry sighed. “She just came and fell down. What if I lose her?”

The older man shook his head. “You won’t lose her, Harry. She didn’t come back just to say good-bye.”

Before Harry could think of what to say, a Healer came out of the ward where Ginny was being examined.

“How is she?” he asked sharply.

“She’s doing fine, Mr Potter. She’s asleep at the moment.”

Harry slumped against the arm of his chair, relief seeping through him.

“She’s a little shaken, but it has not affected her pregnancy. The twins are late, but they will be healthy when they are born.”

“When’s that?” he interrupted anxiously.

“I’m sorry, sir. I can’t tell you that, but I can assure you, it will be soon.”

He was about to thank the departing Healer when he had to ask, “What happened to her?”

“I’m sorry. I can’t tell you that either. We can’t run too many spells to check on her because they may hurt the babies.”

Harry nodded in understanding. “Thank you.”

“Not a problem, Minister. You can visit her soon. We’ll be finishing our check-up in a minute.”

After several long minutes, two other Healers came out of the room, smiling tiredly.

“She’s awake, sir,” one of them said. “She’s asking for you.”

Harry smiled gratefully and pushed open the door to Ginny’s ward. The rest of his family remained behind to give him privacy

“How are you feeling, love?” he asked.

Even under the blankets, Harry could see the large mound that was her stomach. Ginny laid a hand on it and smiled. “Much better.” She paused. “I’m sorry I left, Harry. Everything told me to stay, my instincts- even the twins- knew better than I did, but-“

“You were scared,” Harry supplied quietly. “I already told you, what McLaggen did to you doesn’t matter.” He stopped, beginning to digest what Ginny had said. “What do you mean ‘the twins knew’?”

Ginny frowned slightly. “I don’t know,” she said slowly. “It was as if they were trying to tell me things, but I don’t know what.”

Harry shrugged. “Maybe they were telling you they’re on their way.”

Ginny’s lips twitched upward. “I was under the impression that they were telling me to get my arse back up and find you, or else.”

He laughed, kissing Ginny gently. “Then I’m glad you came back.”

Harry stood quietly and allowed the rest of the family to visit with Ginny. Remus fell behind the rest and stood with Harry against the wall.

“How are you now?” he asked.

Harry shrugged. “I’m relieved. I just can’t help but wonder why it all happened.”

“McLaggen is a Death Eater. He’s no doubt still angry with you for vanquishing Voldemort and is taking it out on Ginny.”

He didn’t reply but sighed quietly into his hands. Remus patted him consolingly on the arm as Tonks joined up with them.

“Wotcher, Harry,” she said brightly, waving her left hand in a showy manner. Harry grinned at how she unabashedly exhibited her engagement ring for all to see.

“How’s the planning going?” he asked.

Remus turned red, just as he always did whenever anything concerning his personal life was discussed.

Tonks giggled, basking in her fiancée’s embarrassment. She seemed to find that the more he stammered over his words, the more she got to talk about the wedding, which was just how she liked it. She launched into great detail about their upcoming wedding, leaving no rose petal left unturned.

Just when it seemed that her monologue was at an end, Mrs Weasley dragged Harry away by the elbow to his wife’s side.

“Thank you, Harry,” she said, giving Harry a bone-crushing hug as he gripped Ginny’s hand. He stammered in response, just grateful to have Ginny with him again. He squeezed her hand encouragingly, silently vowing to keep him away from her for good.

***************************************

It had been several days since Ginny had been released from St. Mungo’s with strict orders to get bed rest. It wasn’t as if she followed such instructions. He and Ginny had gone back to the cabin in which she had spent her last night away. She had wished to introduce him to a woman who she called Alexandra.

The cabin was found empty, much to her dismay and disappointment. Upon her request, he researched the woman.

“Excuse me, sir,” a young man who Harry had enlisted to research the woman in question. He looked up from his stack of papers. “Alexandra’s full name is Alexandra Louisa Carter. She’s a registered Seer who, as of several months ago, moved out of Hogsmeade on what she believed to be a premonition. If my sources are correct, she has moved back to her cottage in the Village.”

Harry furrowed his brow. Had the woman foreseen Ginny’s strange memory loss? He made a mental note to take it upon himself to visit her soon. He would have to bring Ginny. He took the woman’s address and thanked the man. He shuffled the papers on his desk, slipped them under his arm and stepped from his office.

“Excuse me, Minister Potter,” a simpering voice filled with contempt called as he reached the lifts.

Harry smirked as he turned to face the toad-like face of Dolores Umbridge.

“Yes, Ms Umbridge?” he said as condescendingly as possible.

She sniffed indignantly at Harry’s tone. Apparently she detested the fact that he was her superior as much as he was enjoying it.

“I’ve noticed that you’ve been out of your office quite a bit, Mr Potter. I was just curious as to why.”

“That’s very good for you,” he said vaguely. Then, as inspiration struck him, he added, “I’ve been working on improving Centaur-Wizard relations lately. Tell me, Miss Umbridge, what do you say to a Centaur joining the ranks of the Wizengamot? Wouldn’t it be wonderful?”

He turned on his heel, leaving a stuttering Umbridge behind.

******************************************************************************

“Ginny, I’m home,” Harry called as he stepped over the threshold to the kitchen.

“Over here,” she called from the sitting room. He joined her in front of the fireplace. She was sitting in a chair with her legs propped up on a footstool and reading Witch Weekly.

“How’re you feeling?” he asked, kissing the top of her head.

“Fine,” she replied dully, not looking up from her reading.

Harry wrung his hands anxiously for a moment then said, “I’ve found out where Alexandra lives.”

Ginny’s head snapped up. “Where?” she asked, her curiosity immediately piqued.

“Hogsmeade,” he replied smilingly.

“Great! When can we see her?”

Harry shrugged. “I Owled her before I left the office. We can see her as soon as she replies.”

As if on cue, an owl flew through the open window and landed on Ginny’s lap. Her eyes quickly scanned the paper, a slightly surprised expression on her face. When she set the letter back down, she turned to Harry.

“She’s a Seer?”

Harry nodded. “She’s registered and everything.”

“She says she’s home, and we can visit any time.”

“All right, ready to go?”

Ginny nodded enthusiastically, and Apparated to Hogsmeade in Harry’s warm embrace. They arrived in front of a cottage that looked very much like the warm cabin Ginny had stayed at. Harry squeezed her hand encouragingly as they knocked on the Seer’s front door.

“Ah, Ginny!” Alexandra cried enthusiastically as she opened the door. “I’ve been wondering when you’d come and pay me a visit.”

Ginny raised an eyebrow but smiled gratefully all the same. Alex ushered the young couple inside the warm little cottage.

“I know you’re wondering about me,” she said, smiling serenely.

Ginny nodded. Wondering was a bit of an understatement at that point. In truth, she was absolutely dying to know about her.

“Well,” she began, “I had a premonition several days ago about you. My foresight gave me the knowledge of your disappearance and that you stumbled into that empty cabin, quite distressed might I add. I’d be darned if I’d allow you to stay there by yourself.”

The room was silent for a moment as she paused in her explanation. Harry suddenly seemed to burst with questions.

“Why didn’t you warn us about her disappearance?” he asked, barely controlling his confusion and frustration.

“I’ve learned better than to meddle with fate,” Alex replied patiently. “I have tried and failed to stop an event from happening to know that it will not work. Her memories were foreseen to be lost and, in the same manner, returned in time. Giving her a push in the right direction was my best option.”

Harry nodded understandingly. The afternoon went by rather quickly. The three talked lightly, though the subject of Alex’s premonitions was never breeched. Harry and Ginny left in light spirits, but only after promising to alert Alex straight away when the twins were born. Neither of them could shake the feeling that she knew more than she was saying by the way her eyes twinkled at them.

Several weeks passed by. Ginny found herself growing more and more agitated as worry spread throughout her. She found herself seeking advice from Alex, who said that the babies were ‘fine’ but refused to elaborate.

********************************************

On Christmas Eve, Harry and Ginny found themselves going to the Burrow for dinner, just as was their tradition. Ginny chatted merrily with Hermione and Tonks about the upcoming marriage and the birth of three children. Harry joined Ron, Remus, Fred and George, who were talking about the past Quidditch match, during which the Tornados slaughtered the Cannons.

“It was appalling!” Ron groaned loudly.

“It will be any time now,” Ginny insisted when Tonks asked worriedly about the twins’ birth.

“Dinner!” Mrs Weasley called from the kitchen. Harry sighed in relief. There was the usual ruckus in the room as everyone scrambled to the table. Things were how they should be. He was about to resume his conversation with the others when suddenly Ginny bent over.

“Oh, MERLIN!” she cried, clutching her stomach. She started to breathe heavily, nearly collapsing to the ground.

Harry’s hands shot out and grabbed her, gently lifting her toward the couch.

“Breathe, Ginny,” he whispered soothingly.

She gripped his hand tightly, moaning quietly through her ragged breath. “It hurts.”

“She’s going into labour!” Hermione exclaimed with wide eyes.

Harry’s stomach gave a little leap of excitement at her words. His mind started to reel. It suddenly seemed that the room was very cramped. None of this seemed to be real. It felt as though he was watching all of this happen from an alternate universe.

“C’mon, Harry. We have to get her to St. Mungo’s.” Remus helped him stand as Hermione and Ron took Ginny to the hospital. Harry had to take a few calming gulps of air before even attempting to Disapparate.

By the time he had calmed himself enough to make it to the hospital without splinching himself, Ginny was already in a ward, surrounded by Healers. He tried to fight his way to her side, but they ushered him away. He sat in the hall, but her screams weren’t quite muffled by the door.

Growing restless, he immediately started to pace the hall. Ron didn’t even try to get him to sit. He stared shakily at the door with a pale face. After what seemed like days, a weary looking Healer stepped from the ward, cradling a bundle in her arms.

“One of the two has been born, Mr Potter.”

Harry took the baby in his shaking arms. “It’s a boy.”

As he gazed wonderingly at the baby, it finally hit him. This was his son. He was a father. He had a family. Remus laid a supporting hand on his shoulder as everyone gathered around him. Harry’s eyes were shining with pride and awe as he touched the bare skin of his first child.

“Can I see how Ginny is doing?” he asked, not daring to wrench his eyes from the little bundle in his arms.

“Your second child should be on her way out in a moment. You can see her then.”

Harry nodded again, not daring to open his mouth for fear of losing what little control of his stomach he had left. It seemed to take even longer for the Healer to come out with his baby girl. After several minutes, Ron actually had to take Harry’s watch away to prevent him from staring at it so earnestly.

When a tired and haggard looking Healer emerged from the ward, Harry finally looked at his watch. He was shocked to see that it had indeed been over an hour since they had last come out of the ward.

“How is she?” he asked, immediately worried.

“She’ll be fine,” the Healer said. “The twins were born late and had matured more than they should have. They’re larger sizes caused immense amounts of bleeding on Ginevra’s part. We were forced to seal up her fallopian tube to prevent any further bleeding.”

”What does that mean?” he said, slightly frantic now.

“Both she and the second born will survive. Unfortunately, she will be unable to bear any more children.”

Harry nodded wordlessly again, taking his son from Bill. “Can I see her now?”

“You may.”

Harry nearly sprinted into the ward and was at Ginny’s side in a mere moment’s time. She smiled weakly at him. Her face was pale, but she looked healthy.

“How are you doing?” he asked quietly.

“Fine,” she said, holding out her arms. Within the bundle of blankets, she cradled another baby- a girl. As he looked at her, any of the fears he had ever felt that the twins weren’t his immediately evaporated. He stared in awe at his daughter’s eyes. They were green- startling green. They were his eyes, her grandmother’s eyes.

“She’s beautiful,” he whispered, awestruck, “just like her mother.”

“No, she looks more like you,” Ginny replied. It was true. She had his green eyes and, by the looks of it, his hair. Ginny rested her hand on the bundle still in Harry’s arms, rubbing the orange fuzz on the top of his head. “He looks like me.”

“What should they’re names be?”

Ginny looked thoughtful for a moment. Still resting a hand on her son, she replied, “Brian James, after Professor Dumbledore and your dad.”

Harry nodded, feeling tears spring into his eyes. She turned to her daughter in her arms. “And Alexandra Lily.”

Harry grinned. He kissed his children, then his wife. “Welcome to the family, Brian James and Alexandra Lily Potter.”


A/N: Oy with the poodles! (Gilmore girls reference, anyone?) This chapter got rejected because apparently when I tried to edit it, it submitted itself twice >_> Sorry for that.

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions for the baby names. As you can see, I’ve used them. I have this chapter through chapter 14 outlined so far. I did it before Homecoming at Macaroni Grill. I kinda got bored after I finished eating, so I outlined it all on the paper table mat thing, ripped off the corner I wrote on, and carried it in my purse all night. Aren’t you all proud of my dedication? =] I’ll post as soon as possible- Scouts honour. Then again, I was never a Scout, so I’m not sure how valid that is.

*sigh* so much to say in such so little space. Thanks so much for all of the reviews! I almost have 300 and I’ve responded to all of them! Read them if you’d like.

This entire story was so much more light-hearted when I originally plotted it out. My pen-err, keyboard- is running away with me. More on that later, though. I can’t spoil it for you now!

Lastly, please review! I’m not asking for ‘I love the fic’ reviews (even though I
LOVE them) Don’t think I don’t appreciate them, or reply to them, or they don’t totally make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Because they do Actually, I’m thinking of writing my own story, and maybe one day even get published. So I want you to critique my writing like no other. You must be the Ebert and Roper of Fanfictions! Tell me everything that you think about my writing style. Thanks in advance!

~QP

P.S. Sorry, This chapter was very transitional and kinda random. I couldn’t leave out a random ‘beat up on Umbridge’ moment. You’ll probably get a few more of them later. I didn’t like her very much.
Chapter 13 by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
As was expected, Mrs Weasley immediately buried Harry and Ginny in her hugs the moment she entered the ward. She cradled her two grandchildren in her arms with tears in her eyes. The entire room was filled with the Weasleys, Remus, and Tonks. Even many members of the Order came to congratulate the Harry and Ginny. Alex dropped by and spent much time with the new family. She thanked them earnestly for naming their daughter after her and assured them that things were going along as her vision had foreseen. There was something about her manner, however, that made them both feel slightly discomforted.

Shrugging off the feeling, Ginny turned to Hermione. “Are you sure you don’t want to find out whether it’s a boy or a girl?” she asked.

Hermione shrugged noncommittally. “Ron and I agreed to wait for the surprise.”

“Then what are we supposed to do for the shower?” she replied, almost exasperatedly. “You threw Harry and mine when I was three months in. I have to throw one for you and Ron!”

Hermione smiled. “With two infants on your hands now, I highly doubt that planning our baby shower is high on your list of priorities.”

The new mother laughed. “Of course it is, Hermione!”

Hermione’s half-hearted protests were drowned out by Ginny’s loud yawn. The Healer who had been lurking in the corner of the ward ushered out the entire group save Harry, insisting that her patient needed rest.

“So,” Harry began slowly, cautiously. “You can’t have any more kids.”

Ginny nodded sadly. “I’m sorry, Harry. I know you wanted a big family-“

Harry shook his head. “There’s no need to apologize. I know you wanted a big family, too. It’s not anyone’s fault.” He ran his hands through her silky hair. “I’m just happy you, Alexandra, and Brian are alive and well. I was afraid I would lose you again.”

“I thought I might die, too,” she whispered, shuddering a little. “When I didn’t stop bleeding, the Healers started to worry. All I thought of was ‘Hell, I wish I could see Harry.’ I didn’t even think our babies. Does that make me a bad mother?”

“Not at all, love,” he said, gently touching her cheek. “You’ll be a wonderful mother.”

“I hope so,” she whispered, obviously worried.

“I know so,” he replied, kissing her. “Now sleep tight, and you can come home soon.”

***********************************************

Two days later, Ginny was released from the hospital with a clean bill of health, only after several heavy lectures from the Healers.

“Mrs Potter,” a matron told her solemnly before she left, “the spell used on you that caused you to lose your memory was Dark Magic. I’m not exactly sure how your memories returned, but from what your husband told us, it seems that your ring has a good amount of power which managed to counteract the magic of the spell.”

“What does that mean?” she asked, shivering slightly.

“Well, you’re facing an awfully dangerous enemy. We’ve managed to counteract the spell. It shouldn’t have any permanent damage. If there are any side effects, don’t hesitate to come in, and we’ll look you over again. I advise that you wear your ring for a few more days, just in case.”

Ginny thanked them profusely before taking Harry’s arm as he escorted her and their young infants home together for the first time.

She was greeted by her family the moment she stepped over the threshold. Harry was holding Brian and she, Alexandra.

“Can’t I ever get a day alone without having to see you people?” she asked dramatically, feigning annoyance.

“You know you can’t get enough of us, Gin-Gin,” Fred said, beaming. She made a face but the effect was lost when she burst out laughing.

“Of course I can’t, dear brother.”

“Oh, dear Fred,” George said, clutching his heart, “It seems as though our darling sister is being sarcastic with us.”

“Horrors!” his twin exclaimed.

Ginny rolled her eyes, turning to Alexandra who had just begun to wail.

“Look, you two, you scared her.”

Fred chortled as she left for the kitchen. Her mother followed her in, dragging Harry along, to help her prepare Alexandra’s first bottle. She conjured bottles of formula and with a wave of her wand they heated in a pot of boiling water on the stove.

“Test the bottle on your wrist, just to make sure it’s not too hot for them,” Mrs Weasley instructed cheerfully.

Ginny did as she was told, with Harry watching quietly over her shoulder. After the bottle was cooled enough to feed to Alexandra, she placed it in the mouth of the fussing child. Harry did the same to Brian as they carried their children out of the kitchen back to the welcoming committee. Ginny stared quietly out of the window, absentmindedly watching the snow fall. Harry handed Brian to Hermione and laid a quiet hand on his wife’s shoulder.

“How are you doing?” he asked, concern filling his voice.

“I’m fine,” she replied absentmindedly, “just a little tired.”

“All right. Maybe you should lie down.”

“No, really, I’ll be all right.”

“Fine, just be careful, all right?”

Ginny pressed her lips to his. “Really, I’m fine.”

She was about to turn back to her family when, without warning, a chill ran up Ginny’s spine. She, suddenly, couldn’t shake the feeling that she was being watched. Clutching her child to her, she sunk to the ground, feeling utterly hopeless.

“I can’t do this anymore!” she sobbed. “I can’t live like this.”

“Ginny, what’s the matter?” Harry asked, frightened.

“I hate being afraid! I can’t do it- not with the babies and McLaggen out and-” She broke out in renewed sobs.

Harry sat beside her, stroking her hair softly. “It will be all right, Ginny. We’ll fight through this.”

“When will it end?” she cried, her entire body shaking in Harry’s arms.

“I don’t know,” he replied quietly, burying his face in her hair. “I’m so sorry, honey. I really don’t know.”

“We’re all here for you,” Tonks said quietly, laying a gentle hand on Ginny’s shoulder. “You’re not alone.”

She and Harry both looked up at Tonks and the rest of the family. Everyone was gazing earnestly at them. Ginny gave a small, watery smile.

“Thanks,” she muttered. She sighed quietly. “Sorry for ruining the party.”

“Nonsense, darling,” Mrs Weasley replied.

“C’mon, Gin! We’re just getting started,” Fred interjected.

Harry helped Ginny to her feet and allowed her to pass Alexandra to Remus. They tried to enjoy the evening, but Ginny’s breakdown brought the issues at hand fresh into their minds. McLaggen was a Dark wizard, and he wanted the Potter family destroyed.

They were restless throughout the night. Long after their family had left, Ginny was awake, rocking her children to sleep. Harry was at her side. When the two infants were finally down, they went up to bed, though still restless.

“I’m worried, Harry,” she whispered, as she pulled on her nightgown.

Harry said nothing for a moment, unsure of how to respond. He stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“It will be okay,” he said soothingly into her ear, sending chills down her spine. She turned her body into his and kissed him soundly.

“I love you, Harry.”

“I love you, too.”

They went to bed that night with heavy hearts, but also sure that they could overcome whatever came to face them.

******************************

The next several months passed peacefully. They saw neither hide nor hair of the wanted Death Eater, despite the desperate attempts of the Aurors. Nobody was quite sure how the man was able to elude capture when so many were after him. There was speculation that McLaggen had perhaps fled the country, but Harry did not believe such rumours, which was apparent due to his passionate search.

Even with the lack of news on McLaggen, life with the Potters went on as usual. Ginny had resigned from her dull job at the Ministry to stay with her children. She spent most of her time inside the Potter home, usually with the company of a very pregnant Hermione or her mother. Harry was rarely at home during the day, due to the demands as Minister, but he made a point to check on his family every few hours. They could only worry so much, so, despite their anxiety, they did their best not to think of what could happen.

They weren’t too worried, that is, until the eve of their first anniversary.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is kind of short, but a lot is going to happen next chapter and I wasn’t sure how to transition into it smoothly. It took me quite a bit longer to get this out for several reasons. One, I have so much homework and real life drama. Two, Writer’s Block. Three, I haven’t been able to decide what to write (I’m currently writing this, a one-shot, and my own original story). Finally, I’m so easily distracted. I keep starting to write, but then I read a good fic and I can’t stop. It’s horrible! I tried not to leave you with a cliffie since I don't know when I'll be able to update again, so this is the best I could do. It's better than the cliffie I was planning to use :]

~ QP
Not So Happy Anniversary by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Author's Notes:
Note: Remember after chapter 1, when I said this story would be more light-hearted? Well, I lied. Just a quick warning, there’s a lot of emotion in here, along with a err”minor”character death. >_>

“Ginny, honey, your parents are expecting us soon,” Harry called.

“I know. Hold on!” Ginny replied, while struggling to dress a four-month-old Brian. “Now, now, dear, it’s just a sock.”

The infant whined and squired under her grasp, while his twin sister giggled from the crib.

“Brian, sweetie, we’ve got to go to Grandma and Grandpa’s house for supper,” she said, trying desperately to get him to keep his clothes on his body. “Oh, Merlin!” she cried exasperatedly as he flung his sock across the room again.

There came a crash from down the hall that distracted her completely from her fruitless attempts to fully dress her child.

“Harry?” she called anxiously. There was no answer for a moment, and Ginny was about to call again when she heard footsteps approach quickly. Harry came in, slamming the door shut behind him, wide-eyed and pale.

“He’s here, Ginny! McLaggen’s here.”

“What? Oh, no! No, this can’t be happening,” she cried, panicking.

“Take Alexandra and Brian. I’ll hold off McLaggen while you get to the Burrow.”

“I can’t leave you here alone!”

“I’ll be fine, just go!” He ran from the room, leaving her with a passionate kiss and a quiet “Be careful.”

With a heavy heart, she grabbed the twins and prepared to Disapparated. She stopped just as she felt the familiar squeezing feeling. Harry’s words from the memorial that took place months ago echoed in her head.

“My father told my mother to take me and run. Voldemort killed him immediately before turning his wand on my mum.”

She wasn’t going to let him be killed. She wasn’t going to lose him to this mad Death Eater, not after everything they had been through together. With a heavy heart, she set Alexandra and Brian into their crib before swiping tears from her eyes. Throwing one last look back at the crib, she waved her wand over the door so that only her family would be able to enter if- Merlin forbid- anything happened to her and Harry. As she ran down the hall, she could hear Harry and McLaggen already exchanging blows.

“You’re not welcome here, McLaggen,” Harry said in an unnaturally calm voice. A picture frame on the mantle shattered from his jet of red light.

“I never was welcome with you, Potter.”

“You’re right. Because I always knew you were a good for nothing ba-“

McLaggen fired a spell that left a crater in the wall over Harry’s left shoulder.

“I just never thought you’d sink this low,” he finished.

STUPEFY!” Ginny screamed, desperate to help Harry.

McLaggen blocked her Stunner with wide-eyed surprise.

Harry’s face had paled considerably. “Ginny, what are you doing here?”

“I can’t leave you here,” she whispered, a slight hint of desperation in her voice.

Harry’s half-hearted protest was cut off by a jet of green light cast by McLaggen that whizzed over the top of Harry’s head.

“Is this really the life you want, Ginny?” the Death Eater called mockingly.

“Yes,” she replied coldly, shooting another spell in his direction. She exchanged a long, meaningful look with Harry. “Yes, it is.”

With surprising speed, McLaggen moved across the room. Before she could react, Ginny found herself in his grasp, his arm across her throat. “You and I are meant to be together,” he hissed in her ear, causing her to tremble slightly. Harry’s eyes were filled with fear as he tried to aim at McLaggen. McLaggen, however, sneered gloatingly over Harry’s predicament, using Ginny as a shield.

Ginny struggled to free herself from his grasp, but he held her wand hand pointed away from him, straight at Harry.

“Let me go!” she screamed, feeling his wand digging into her neck.

“We could have shared something special, if you hadn’t chosen this Potter scum.”

“What do you want with her?” Harry shouted, glaring at his enemy. His wand hand was trembling with immense fury and panic.

His question was ignored when McLaggen pressed his lips to Ginny’s cheek.

“STOP!” she cried, fighting back tears of shame and fear. She hated being so afraid and helpless at such a dire moment.

“I love you, Ginny,” Harry whispered, half hoping that it would fix everything.

“I love you, too, Harry,” she replied through her tears. McLaggen’s wand was still pressing painfully into her skin, and his hot breath sent shudders down her spine.

“I’ve done everything to be with you, Ginny,” McLaggen said. “I’ve been following you for years, so I could get close to you. I saw when you were weak, after Potter broke your heart. I helped you that one time, didn’t I?”

Ginny shook her head furiously, refusing to reply. Her entire body was trembling horribly now. His arm was beginning to cut off her oxygen.

“I was so close to getting you, but you took him back. You took him back, Ginny, and broke my heart.”

“You don’t have a heart, McLaggen,” Harry said, now desperate to save his wife. “You survive purely off of your ideas of revenge and these unrequited notions of love.”

“SHUT UP, POTTER!” McLaggen roared, with irrational fury. With a slashing of McLaggen’s wand, Harry was thrown backwards. He hit the wall, his head hitting it with a sickening crunch

“NO!” Ginny screamed, thrashing violently against her captor’s vice-like grip. She stared in horror at her husband’s bleeding, lifeless form. “HARRY!”

She was thrust unceremoniously against the opposite wall, where McLaggen forced his lips on hers. “When I erased your memory, I did it for you. I knew he would break your heart one day. You just didn’t get it.”

She struggled to pull her wand hand, which was now pointing uselessly at the ground, away from his grip, but it was impossible. However, using the instincts that she had developed from growing up with her brothers, she brought up her leg to where she knew it would hurt him most. Her knee connected with him, and he recoiled, cursing furiously.

Her wand hand now victoriously free, she pointed it at the man who had terrorized her nightmares for nearly a year. However, in her panic she realized that she could no longer think of her incantations.

With a surprising amount of force, she cried the spell that she associated most with Harry- the first spell he ever taught her. “EXPELLIARMUS!

The spell sent McLaggen cascading backwards into the china cabinet, but Ginny paid no attention to him. She was already at Harry’s side, using the healing spells that she used for him not too long ago, the night that he had died- for the first time.

Once the wound on the back of his head was sealed, she levitated his limp form up the stairs. She could hear McLaggen clambering from the drawing room as she unlocked the door to the children’s room and laid Harry on the extra bed they kept in there. She was about to reseal the door when it crashed open. The force sent Ginny flying through the air. Bright lights erupted before her eyes as she hit the wall forcefully. However, she still gathered her strength and stumbled to her feet.

“Don’t you dare touch my family, McLaggen,” she hissed furiously, fighting back her fear.

“I wouldn’t dare, dear Ginny.” However, as he spoke he made his way toward the crib where her babies cried loudly.

“Don’t touch them!” she screamed, sending a stunning spell his way.

He blocked it with ease and laid a hand on Brian. “You could have had me, Ginny. Instead, you chose Potter. Now you can’t have either of us.”

McLaggen raised his wand, pointing it at the bed. He was going to kill Harry.

“NO!” Ginny screamed. “Not Harry, please. I’ll do anything.” She sunk to her knees, tears pouring down her face again. Her wand clattered across the ground, but she didn’t care. She couldn’t lose her family. She only hoped that Harry would understand.

McLaggen scooped up her son and held him in his arms. Brian cried loudly in his arms, squirming for release from the stranger. His sister was wailing from the crib.

“Please, don’t hurt them,” she whispered in defeat. She had failed her children and her husband.

“Come with me, Ginny. Forget Potter. We can raise this family on our own.”

Ginny hesitated. “Please, just don’t hurt him. I’ll do whatever you ask.”

As if to show his faith in her, he handed the squirming, crying baby to his mother. Ginny caressed her baby fondly. “Brain,” she whispered. She reached tentatively for her daughter in the crib, whose screams had subsided into hiccups. She had to know that her children were safe.

McLaggen stood aside to let Ginny by. She looked up at him in shock and saw, to her surprise, an emotion on his face that she hadn’t seen there in a long time. She saw, as apparent as day, a look of kindness and admiration. She knew that he was awed by the thought of perhaps raising a family. This suddenly humane expression on the face of the man who had troubled her and Harry for so long floored her more than anything that had happened the whole night. The moment passed quickly, however, when voices were heard the hall.

“Harry?” Hermione called fearfully. Recognition dawned McLaggen’s face, and the kind expression left his features immediately.

“Ginny, where are you?” Ron’s voice floated down the hall.

“You called for them?” he said, narrowing his eyes at her. He swatted her outstretched arm away from Alexandra.

“No! I didn’t,” she cried. She clutched her baby boy to her chest, wishing she could hold her daughter as well. “They were expecting us at the Burrow tonight. I didn’t call them!”

“You lying little-“ He was pointing his wand at her, then at Alexandra in the crib, then at the door where Ron and Hermione would be entering.

“Please,” she pleaded desperately, “don’t hurt anyone else.”

“I thought you would understand me, Ginny.” He looked completely mental. His wand was rested, not on Ginny, but on the bundle in her arms. “I thought you would be able to find me.”

She turned her body in an attempt to shield her son. She was struggling to fight back her own tears again. “I can’t love a killer.”

She could hear the pounding of Ron and Hermione’s feet down the hall. She prayed that they would come and help her soon enough. McLaggen was still pointing his wand at her baby, his eyes glinting horribly.

Avada Kedavra,” he hissed, his voice filled with malice. Ginny screamed in horror. She tried twisting her body further to protect Brian, but too late. The jet of green light struck him, and suddenly he stopped crying. His squirming ceased and his tiny heart stopped beating.

“No,” Ginny whispered in horror. McLaggen was standing over her with a look of self-satisfaction and madness. She sunk to the ground, her entire body shaking horribly. “Please wake up, Brain. Honey, please.”

Ron and Hermione burst into the room. Ropes flew from Ron’s wand and bound themselves around McLaggen. Hermione’s wide eyes rested on Ginny’s crumpled form and rushed over to her.

“Harry,” Ginny sobbed, “help him please.”

Hermione looked like she wanted to protest, but the stricken look on Ginny’s face told her not to argue. She ran over to the bed where Harry lay.

“You’re under arrest, McLaggen,” Ron replied, scowling. He looked as shocked as Hermione, but his Auror training had at least attempted to teach him to show very little emotion.

“Fine,” the Death Eater said sneeringly, “do with me as you will, but I will kill you. I’m more powerful than you could ever dream.”

“You’ll never get near me or my family.”

“Potter said that too, Weasley, and look at what I did to his darling son.”

Ron’s face fell slightly at Ginny’s sobbing figure. He swore angrily and said in a deadly voice, “You’ll pay.”

“Do you really think you can beat me, Weasley?” McLaggen taunted. “Face it. You’re nothing compared to Potter, and I finished him without a problem.”

“That’s a lie!” Ron yelled, his face glowing red with fury.

“No, it’s not. You can’t kill me, can you? You can’t even protect your family.”

Ron swore again, now at himself. He had allowed McLaggen under his skin, which was against the number one rule for Aurors. He tried to gain control over his emotions but too late. He raised his wand to strike at McLaggen, but he was interrupted by Harry.

“Don’t-“ he said, rising slowly from the bed. He was pale, and his eyes were bloodshot, but his expression was alive with fury. “This is my fight.”

Ron looked startled, but he lowered his wand and stood aside without protest. Harry’s sad eyes were boring into the body of his sobbing wife. With a horrified expression, his gaze moved from her to the wailing Alexandra, and terrible truth dawned on him. His eyes burned even brighter as he turned back to McLaggen.

“DAMN YOU!” he yelled. “HOW COULD YOU KILL HIM!” He raised his wand and cried, “Ultionis Veneficus.”

He watched as the spell that he had used only once before, against Voldemort himself, took its toll on McLaggen. It had been an ancient spell that made the victim suffer from every emotion that the caster had suffered at his hand. It had killed Voldemort because of the pain Harry had suffered emotionally. He hoped that it would affect McLaggen in the same way. He hoped that McLaggen felt the wrenching pain that his heart felt at that moment.

There was a strange, almost vindictive, expression on Harry’s face as he watched the Death Eater before him scream in agony. Then the screaming stopped, McLaggen stared blankly at Harry for a moment, and then his eyes rolled to the back of his head and closed. The Death Eater hung limp and lifeless against his bonds.

“Ginny,” he said in a quiet voice, the Death Eater forgotten. He gently lifted Alexandra out of the crib and sat next to his wife. Ginny sobbed against his shoulder, cradling her lifeless child in her arms. As he stroked her hair comfortingly and listened to his daughter whimper in confusion and fright, he let himself go. He cried for Ginny, who would probably live with guilt over Brian’s loss for the rest of her life, and for Alexandra, who would never get to know her brother. Most of all, he cried for Brian, his only son, who never had a chance to live.


A/N: Well, thoughts anyone? Is it too melodramatic or fast-paced? Please let me know!

I really appreciate everyone’s feedback. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :]

Just a status check… There’s probably two or three chapters to come, depending on my plans. I think most likely two. In one chapter, there’s going to be the aftermath of McLaggen’s attack. This might be divided into two depending on how the writing goes. The final will be an epilogue. I’m not sure about sequel to this story. I’m leaning towards no right now to be honest (The phrase ‘Quit while you’re ahead’ comes to mind). You’ll know soon, if I don’t clear it up in any author responses :] (sorry for the smileys in all the wrong places)

~QP

Aftershock by QuIDdITch_PlaYA
Author's Notes:
Sorry this took so long!

Disclaimer: I don't own.
Harry sat in silence, cradling his family in his arms. Ginny was leaning against him, still sobbing and shaking. In her arms was Alexandra, who cried as if her hear had been torn away. In his arms was the still bundle of their lifeless son. They didn’t acknowledge the presence of the two Weasley’s or the otter-shaped patronus that came from Hermione’s wand.

“Harry, Ginny, let’s go out to the kitchen,” Ron whispered. “Mum’s on her way.”

With gentle hands, Hermione led the distressed family out of the room.

They walked slowly down the hall passed the sitting room. It was in shambles. There were great craters in the wall. Cabinets carrying many of the Potters’ china plates were destroyed. They carefully averted their gazes from the blood that was smeared down the wall and pooled on the ground from where Harry had fallen.

Once they were sitting in the kitchen, Mrs Weasley bustled in, looking worried and preoccupied. She carried several vials filled with multicolored potions. She stifled a sob when she saw her daughter and son-in-law so broken. She gave them all a strong calming draught, and Harry in particular downed a blood-replenishing potion. They Apparated to the Burrow and were greeted by several worried faces. Neither of the two Potters made any acknowledgment toward their guests, as they were lost in their own world. After several minutes of silence, Ginny broke down in renewed sobs.

“I’m a horrible mother,” she whispered in a broken voice to no one in particular.

Her mother gasped, placing her arms comfortingly around her. “No, dear. If you weren’t a good mother, you wouldn’t be feeling this pain. You need to be strong. Your daughter needs you.”

Harry stood abruptly; his eyes filled with unshed tears. Ginny watched with sad eyes but made no move to follow. Ron and Remus took off after the distressed father quickly to find him in Fred and George’s old room.

He had upset a table covered in unused prank objects, allowing his tears to flow freely.

“Harry, don’t do this,” Remus begged. “Ginny needs you now. Alexandra needs you now.”

“I failed them,” Harry said into his hands. “I promised I’d protect them, and I failed. It’s my fault Brian is dead. Merlin, how can she not hate me?”

“Because she loves you,” Ron said, almost exasperated. “She loves you, and she knows that you did everything you could.”

Harry sighed heavily and stood.

“I really screwed this up,” he said. “I underestimated what McLaggen,” the name burned his throat, “could do.”

“There was nothing you could do to prevent this,” Remus said in a way that was supposed to be comforting, but the effect was lost in the anger of his voice. “He tricked us all. He gained our trust and threw it back in our faces.”

“He can’t hurt anyone anymore,” Ron said. “Aurors are taking care of his body as we speak.”

Then, there was a commotion at the front door, calling the three men to go downstairs. By the time they reached the drawing room, Alexandra was present, already comforting Ginny, who still cradled the sleeping baby in her arms.

“You saw!” Ginny cried, weeping again. “You saw my baby die! Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Your family has evaded its fate much more than would be thought possible. It confounds me.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Harry asked sharper than he meant to.

“You were supposed to die at the hands of Lord Voldemort twenty years ago, Harry, and also in the final battle,” Alexandra replied sadly. “And Ginny, you were meant to die in the Chamber of Secrets. You were both meant to die many years ago, and so many things concerning your futures are unpredictable.”

“Did you see this then?” Ginny asked in a weak voice.

“Aye,” she replied, even more sadly. “However, I foresaw many outcomes, each more tragic than the next.”

“What did you see?” Ginny repeated, more anxiously.

“I saw you and Harry dying to protect your children and McLaggen”- Ginny cringed visibly at his name -“rising up as the next great Dark Lord.”

Harry shuddered at the thought. History would have repeated itself. What would have been the outcome?

“I also saw Ginny being tortured to insanity- a fate worse than death.”

“Stop-“ Ginny moaned, before the ancient Seer could continue. “Please don’t.”

“I’m sorry,” Alex replied, bowing her head apologetically. “I just wish for you to know that your son will not suffer how he may have otherwise.”

“My daughter,” Ginny breathed, “Alex, how will she be?”

Alex’s eyes misted over momentarily before she replied, “Your daughter will live a long and healthy life, knowing the meaning of life and death through the loss of her dear brother.”

Harry took his place by his wife’s side, wrapping his arms around her waist as she leaned into him. He kissed her forehead, gently wiping away her tears, then he pressed his lips to his daughter’s forehead. He dearly wished he could take away their pain.

********************************************************

Harry Potter Steps Down as Minister of Magic

Harry Potter, age 20, who was the youngest Minister of Magic in over a century, has announced his resignation this morning.

After the late Death Eater, Cormac McLaggen’s attack on the Potter family resulted in tragedy, Mr Potter believes that he needs the time away from the Ministry to spend valuable time with his wife and daughter.

He plans to live off of the Potter birthright, along with the money he inherited from his late godfather, Sirius Black.

Continued page 7


“Why didn’t you tell me?” Ginny asked her husband angrily.

Harry looked away, sighing. “I didn’t want you to worry more.”

“It’s been a week- one week-since my baby died,” she cried. “How much more do you think I could worry?”

“Much more,” he sighed again. “It’s in your nature to worry, but please don’t. I just want what is best for this family- for you.”

She smiled half-heartedly at him and leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around her. The glow that her eyes once held had faded slightly in her grief. Still, the family was slowly making its way toward recovery.

“But we’ll have to get jobs eventually,” she said, “We can’t live off of your inheritance forever.”

“We could,” he replied, half joking, “but we probably won’t. It’s a bridge we can cross when we get there.”

He gently pressed his lips to hers, breathing in her warm scent. Then they broke apart at the sound of Alexandra’s crying. Sighing, Harry went down the hall to where his daughter had, until moments ago, been sleeping.

“There, there,” he said, gently lifting her from where she was laying.

Ginny, who had followed him in, said in a quiet voice, “I can’t believe she’s the last of the Potter line. After she gets married, and we die, there won’t be any more Potters.”

Harry said nothing at first, bouncing his daughter rhythmically, trying not to think along those lines. Finally, he said slowly, “We can always adopt if Alex ever wants siblings.”

“Yes but-“

“Blood doesn’t matter,” he reminded her. “He or she will be a Potter because we will love him or her unconditionally.”

“Of course,” she replied, though her mind seemed elsewhere.

“What’s the matter, love?” he asked gently.

“It’s nothing,” she muttered, though her expression said otherwise.

“Please tell me.”

She sighed quietly, gently stroking her daughter’s head. “I’m just worried. What if she hates me?”

Harry looked at her earnestly. “Don’t ever think that, Ginny. She will love you as much as we love her.”

“How do you know? I love her so much, but she was hurt so young. What if she doesn’t forgive us?”

“Voldemort killed my parents when I was a baby. I was never mad at my parents for dying. I knew they loved me- just as Alexandra will know that we love her.”

Suddenly there was a flash of light and a silver Jack-Russell Terrier gambled into the room, barking loudly. Ginny paled slightly at the sight of Ron’s patronus.

“What’s the matter?” she asked, frantically.

Harry, keeping his cool, replied, “Hermione’s going into labour!”

Her mouth formed a small “O” of comprehension, and she grabbed Alex’s small diaper bag. “Let’s go then!”

He smiled slightly at her sudden excitement and followed her out the door.

When they arrived at the hospital, Harry pushed his way up to the front desk.

“M-Mister Potter,” the blonde receptionist stammered nervously. “What can I do for you?”

“I’d like to know which room my brother-in-law’s wife is staying in.”

“Her name?”

“Hermione Weasley.”

“Oh, of course,” the woman muttered, shuffling the papers on her desk nervously. “Room 511.”

“Thanks,” he replied, dashing up the stairs after his wife.

They could hear Hermione’s screams before they had even reached the right flight of stairs.

“Merlin,” Ginny breathed, “was I this bad?”

“Worse,” Harry answered good-naturedly.

They stepped into the hall where Ron was pacing nervously. Harry set a gentle hand on his best mate’s shoulder.

“She’ll be fine, Ron,” he said.

“She’s in pain,” the father-to-be moaned.

“No, duh, Ron,” Ginny retorted, shifting Alex from one hip to the other.

He glanced at her, then muttered, “Oh, yeah.”

“Yeah. I went through this. I was probably worse of than she is because it was so late. But I’m fine. She will be to.”

“Thanks, Gin,” he said, though his eyes still darted anxiously toward the door to Hermione’s room.

Several hours passed in nervous silence. Hermione’s pained cries penetrated the quiet every few moments. Alex was passed from nervous family member to nervous family member until she was back in her mother’s arms. The clocked ticked slowly, marking each passing second until, finally, it was completely calm. Healer Adamson came out, motioning to Ron.

“She wants to see you.”

He jumped out of his seat and, in his haste, knocked over his chair.

“Oops,” he said, fumbling nervously as he tried to pick it up.

“Don’t worry, Ron,” Harry said, waving him on encouragingly. “She’s waiting for you.”

“Thanks, mate.”

“Go on,” Harry replied impatiently.

“I can’t believe Ron’s a father,” Ginny said quietly, as the door clicked shut. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. “With everything going on, it feels so wonderful to finally be happy.”

“It does,” he agreed, kissing the top of her head.

A peaceful silence filled the room as they waited for Ron to reemerge. When he finally did, Harry and Ginny were the first ones through the door.

Hermione was in bed, glowing from sweat and her undeniable pride. She held the bundle of blankets out for the others to see.

“Lucas, here is your family. Everyone, this is our son, Lucas” Lucas Brian Weasley.”

Ginny gasped in awe as she heard the newborn’s name.

“Thank you,” she breathed, hugging her sister-in-law.

“It was nothing,” Hermione replied, handing her son off to Ginny.

It was odd, holding this bundle in her arms. She felt nostalgic, wishing her son was still alive- wishing she had protected him better.

“Harry, Ginny,” Ron said from behind them, “we want you to be his godparents.”

“I’d love to,” Ginny replied immediately, still gazing upon the peacefully sleeping newborn.

“We’d love to,” Harry added, giving Hermione a brotherly kiss on the forehead.

He turned to stare at the tiny baby, so innocent, just like the one they had lost. They would protect Lucas as they had tried to protect their own children. Only, this time, they wouldn’t let anything happen because now they both realized something important.

There would always be loss in their lives, but in the end, they would find a way to make things right.

Even the world comes to an end, there would always be family to make things right.

A/N: Sorry about the kinda cheesy ending, but I wanted optimism!

Sorry it’s been so amazingly, horribly long. There’s been so much going on in my life. I’ve had a buttload of homework, a terrible case of Writer’s block, plus I’ve started a new fic in a different fandom.

Has anyone read
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer? Because you should. It’s very good. I’m writing a fanfic for that.

Anyways, sorry. I honestly didn’t mean to make the wait so long. I have like thirty million different plot bunnies hopping around in my head and I can’t bring any of them in. They might have rabies… [ / randomness] >_>

Thanks to amy4rupert for suggesting the name Luke, which I used a variation of.

I have only an epilogue left, which will be up sooner than this chapter took to get up.

Ehh. Again, I’m so sorry.

With Love,
QP

Btw, who's excited for Deathly Hallows? *jumps wildly* ME!

This is going to be one of the best summers ever! First, OotP movie, then HP 7, then Eclipse!
Edit: Sorry, but I'm not going to have an epilogue after all. I couldn't figure out how I was going to write it, and I've been totally preoccupied with other stuff.

I like how I had it ending anyways. It leaves room for your imagination :]

Thanks for reading all of this and for the awesome reviews.
You all rock!
*huggles*
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=48149