Harry Potter and The Enchantress by Kairos Devan
Summary: Harry's back at Pivet Drive. Everything is different. Aunt Petunia reveals a secret that makes things bareable. Harry also has a dream that could change everything is well. Can Harry make it through even more?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 13502 Read: 26776 Published: 12/02/04 Updated: 02/08/06

1. Nothing Remains The Same by Kairos Devan

2. The Burrow by Kairos Devan

3. Aurora - Partially Revealed ~ Second Edition by Kairos Devan

4. Currently Untitled by Kairos Devan

5. Aurora's Story and Severus Snape Meets His Match by Kairos Devan

6. An Evening in Muggle London by Kairos Devan

7. St. Mungo's In The Summer by Kairos Devan

8. Another Untitled Chapter. . .For Now by Kairos Devan

9. Discussions and Definitions by Kairos Devan

Nothing Remains The Same by Kairos Devan
CHAPTER ONE

The last images Harry Potter remembered were the huge stones falling down on the girl. The girl, already dirty with her robes torn, had been screaming at someone when the stones fell. After that, Harry woke up screaming. Petunia Dursley came running in. “Harry? Harry, what is it? Should I send for Albus?”

If Harry had not been scared out of his wits for the girl he would have laughed. When he came back to Pivet Drive this summer everything had changed. Aunt Petunia would talk to him for hours about the magical world and what she remembered for she had confessed to have being a member and giving it up for Vernon Dursley, her husband. It was one thing she regretted when Harry came to live with them. She knew she would have to act a certain way towards him because Vernon would never go for “that nonsense."

“No, Aunt Petunia, nothing is incredibly wrong, I don’t think. Did you fix the fireplace? Will it work now?” Harry started getting out of his bed and finding his glasses, excited by his own idea. Aunt Petunia had only nodded and started to say something before Harry flew past her and down the stairs to the living room. Aunt Petunia was right behind him trying to talk to him.

The fire was roaring at its place by the farthest wall. Harry went over and kneeled at the fireplace. He turned around to face Aunt Petunia. “Harry, I’ve been trying to tell you. I have a pantry over here where I’m going to keep stuff like floo powder. Vernon and Dudley will not be able to get into it.” She walked Harry over handed him the floo powder and went to start breakfast before Vernon got up.

Harry took a bit of the floo powder and called on Arthur Weasley, hoping he had caught him before he left for his office at the Ministry of Magic. Harry’s head was now all the way in The Burrow and Molly Weasley almost jumped at the sight of him. “Harry, dear, so good to see you. Are you looking for Ron, love?”

“No, Mrs. Weasley, I was wondering if Mr. Weasley had left for work yet?” The look from Molly had told Harry a few things: she was scared for what Harry needed to ask and that no, Arthur had not left for work. She left and returned with her husband shortly after.

“Harry, good to see you, what can I do for you?”

“I was wondering if you caught word of a girl missing. I believe she belongs to the magical world by her clothes. She looked like she was about die. I last saw her when there were huge rocks falling on her.”

“Harry, how did you see this? In a dream? Like with the snake, with me?” Arthur asked, excitedly. Harry nodded. “You found her, Harry. You found Aurora! Wait till I tell Kingsley. We were wondering if we were going to find her. Harry! Harry, do you remember where she was? Nevermind. Come to the ministry with me. Tell Kingsley yourself. Aurora!! Goodness, what an exciting morning.” Arthur started to talk to himself and get ready for work. “Oh, Harry, meet me at your fireplace in ten minutes. I’ve got to. . .”

With a goodbye to Mrs. Weasley, Harry brought his head back to Pivet Drive. Aunt Petunia came in with a plate of sausage and eggs. “Harry, dear,” she whispered, “eat this. Moody is coming by today.” Still not use to Aunt Petunia’s sympathy and interest in him, Harry ate up and decided to wait till Moody showed up or ten minutes to ask Aunt Petunia. Swallowing his breakfast down in about three bites, Harry went to find Petunia when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it,” Harry said, sitting his plate down on the table and running to get the door. Revealed by the open door, Alastor “Mad Eye” Moody stood there with his bowler cap and usual robes. “Hello, Moody, come on in. Aunt Petunia and I have been expecting you.”

“Harry, you never know if someone could be in disguise. How did you know it was me?” Mad Eye limped in and settled himself down on a chair.

“Well, I can smell your flask. Firewhiskey. You’re also wearing the pin that Hermoine, Ron, and I made you. Since it’s the only one ever, I figured it was you. If it’s not, I'll blast you with my wand that happens to be in the back pocket of my jeans.”

“Harry, I’ve told you not to keep your wa. . .oh, you’re kidding.” Alastor gave Harry when of his rare, lopsided smiles. “Where is your Aunt Petunia, anyway?”

“In the kitchen, Moody, I’ll go get her.” Walking towards the kitchen and picking up his plate and cup and going into the kitchen he told his Aunt that there was a visitor for her.

“Damn it, Harry,” Vernon Dursley said, “we’re eating breakfast. You go tell them to go away.” Aunt Petunia gave Harry a knowing look and went on pretending to agree with Vernon. Harry knew she would slip away the moment the time was right. He went back to the living room and told Moody to wait. Then he went into his dream and telling Arthur about it.

“He said that I saw Aurora,” Harry finished. Alastor “Mad Eye” Moody paled. “Who is she anyway?”

“Arthur said to meet him in fifteen minutes?”

Harry nodded. “Right here at my fireplace. Will you come to the Ministry with us?” Although Alastor Moody sometimes scared him, but he needed someone he could trust. Alastor was definitely that someone.

“Harry, tell your Aunt I’ll come see her later. I have an idea. . .” Alastor stopped mid-sentence as Petunia Dursley walked in, smiling. “Petunia, I’ll have to come talk to you about the. . .uh. . .arrangements another time. I have a pressing matter that I need to attend to.” This did not sound like Alastor Moody. Petunia read the odd look Harry was giving her and retrieved her wand and softly sent a spell at Alastor’s retreating back. Nothing happened.

Alastor turned around. “I know this isn’t like me,” he said, “if there’s any chance. . .I promised. . .” Without another word, he left.

Petunia shook her head. “That man. . .” she busied herself in the living room as Harry told him about Arthur Weasley’s plans. “Sure, Harry, if it’ll help Arthur’s endless search. Go stay with them for a while. I’ll come to the Burrow and see you soon. I think Vernon and I need to have a talk.”

“Talk about what?” Vernon asked, coming into the living room, kissing Petunia’s cheek and scowling at Harry.

“I’ll be upstairs,” Harry said and ran for his room. Moments later he heard his Uncle Vernon.

“YOU’RE WHAT!! NO WAY AM I GOING TO LIVE WITH. . .” Uncle Vernon had gone quiet. Harry would bet 20 galleons that it hadn’t been on his own accord.

Harry quickly packed all that he owned and packed Hedwig, his snowy white owl, into her cage. He took both trunk and cage downstairs. Vernon was pacing around the living room, in utter disbelief. Showing no expression on his face, Vernon walked right past Harry and out the door. Petunia walked back into the living room.

“Looks like I’ll be moving out,” she said, “can’t stand it here anyway. Didn’t want him to find out like that, though. Life goes on.” Petunia muttered to herself as she tided Harry up for his trip. “I’ll tell you where we’re living when I find a place. Who knows, something may be available in Godric. . .Off you go, Harry. Say Hello to Molly for me.” Petunia disappeared back into the kitchen.

Shaking his head, as if to clear it, Harry retrived so floo powder and thankfully went to “The Burrow.”
The Burrow by Kairos Devan
After steadying himself and dusting himself off, he looked around the kitchen. Arthur Weasley was still running around the kitchen, talking in fragments and not making much sense. “Arthur, dear,” Molly said, trying to get his attention. “Arthur, look who’s . . .Arthur, please.”

“Molly, what is it? I’ll be off as soon as . . .Harry, my boy, you’re here at last. We’ll be going Molly. I’ll send Harry back directly.” Arthur grabbed his briefcase, adjusted his glasses, and then he and Harry went out the front door. Mr. Weasley had a brand new car. Well, it was new for him. It was another Ford Anglia, green this time. Mr. Wesley winked at Harry as they both climbed into the front of the car.

It took some time, but they finally entered Mr. Weasley’s small office. “Let’s see now,” he said as he browsed over some parchment. “Okay, then, let’s go find Kingsley,” Mr. Weasley said, “we can’t draw attention to ourselves. Fudge is still running around like mad.”

They made their way quickly and quietly to Kingsley’s desk. Looking quite surprised, Kingsley looked up and saw the expression on Arthur’s face. “Arthur, what is it? Nothing bad could have happened, I’d know . . .” He fell silent. “Arthur, let’s go for a walk, shall we?” Kingsley gathered his cloak and briefcase, leading Arthur and Harry back out of the Ministry of Magic.

As soon as they were a block or two away from the entrance, Arthur went into detail of everything Harry had told him. Then Arthur provided his on insight to the whole situation. Kingsley stayed quiet the whole time Arthur spoke. Harry remained quiet, too, in case there was something he was missing. “So, that’s what we’re going on,” Arthur finished, “is it enough to find her?”

“Send Harry home, Arthur,” Kingsley finally said. “I will talk to Dumbledore within the hour and then send word to you. It’s the best I can do without dragging attention to myself or you.” Arthur agreed, for the most part. “Harry is staying at the Burrow with my family. Send word there. Must be getting to work. I’ll send Harry on his way.”

Harry ended up going to the Burrow with Tonks, who had come in for some paperwork at the office and wanted to see how Ginny was doing. They used Floo Powder to get back. It was lunchtime and Molly Weasley was busy in the kitchen. “Oh, Harry, you made it back. Hermoine came while you were gone. She and Ron are out back, I expect. Go on then and I’ll call you when it’s ready.” She gave Harry a hug and sent him out back.

“I don’t think Harry will understand,” Hermoine was saying, “I think he’ll take it the wrong way.” Harry noticed Pig zooming around like an insect around them while Crookshanks ran after crazed garden gnomes.

“I think Harry will be okay,” Ron was saying. “He’s been through everything else. It’s not like he won’t have us still. It’s just that we’ll also have each other.” He reached over and took her hand in his as she blushed.

“Well, good afternoon to you, too,” Harry said. Crookshanks came over and rubbed against Harry’s ankles. Hermoine and Ron both jumped and released each other’s hands. “Don’t let me stop you. It’s about time, you two were driving me crazy. Let me tell you that I have had enough to worry about without wondering when you two were going to come to your senses and quite arguing all of the time.”

“Harry,” Hermoine gasped, “how long have you known?”

“Long enough,” Harry said, picking Crookshanks up. He quickly put Crookshanks down. Thinking of Hermoine’s pet made him think of his deceased Godfather. Speaking of pets, who was taking care of Buckbeak? As Harry was about to ask this, Hermoine interrupted.

“Have you heard, Harry? I’m going to train to be an enchantress,” Hermoine said, looking pleased with herself.

“What exactly is that,” Harry asked, slightly interested. Hermoine started to explain. They were females (hence the Enchantress part, she quickly described their male counterparts “ Enchanters “ then continued) who traveled and took care of different problems for both the magical and non-magical.

“We get a mentor of sorts who takes us through our whole three year training,” Hermoine finished. “I get to meet her soon,” Hermoine added, “she’ll come here of course. Her letter said she had something to finish up before she could take my training on. Get this, she started when she was three!”

Harry was impressed. Mrs. Weasley called them inside for lunch. “Now, you three, we’re going to have a guest for dinner. Bill, Charlie, AND Percy will be here as well. No funny business and be on your best behavior. Bill’s kind of nervous.”

“Why is Bill nervous, Mum?”

“Never you mind, Ron,” Mrs. Weasley said, busing herself with some knitting as a rag and a bottle of cleaner did some dusting in the other room and some dishes were washing themselves. She hummed to herself the rest of the afternoon while the three of them spent it in Ron’s bedroom making predictions of the coming year at Hogwarts and the events outside of their beloved school.

Harry had come close twice to telling them about Aurora. He wasn’t sure it was a good idea, seeing as he didn’t know who she was either. He came close to ask Mrs. Wesley about her, but decided against that, too. He soon kept himself content with food and an old book about Quidditch that Ron was letting him borrow. “It use to be Charlie’s,” he said, simply.

Harry noticed a lot of things different about The Burrow. He guessed that this was from Fred and George’s joke shop. When he asked about it, Ron told him they were doing great but not to bring it up. “Mom’s happy for them, but she hasn’t really accepted it yet. She still thinks they’ll come to their senses.”

Harry hoped not.

a/n: I hope you are enjoying my story. Sorry updates are far and few in between. The semester is over, so maybe I'll have more time. R&R.~
Aurora - Partially Revealed ~ Second Edition by Kairos Devan
Time meandered around, giving Harry, Ron, Hermoine, and Ginny time to catch up on the happenings of the world. Harry was being informed about one Order of The Phoenix meeting when Arthur, Bill, Charlie, Percy, and a familiar girl showed up through the back door. Bill seemed very pleased about the whole thing, not letting the female stranger leave his side. It wasn’t until closer, did it click.

It was Aurora!! She was okay. Now all Harry had to do was figure exactly who she was.

When Bill brought Aurora around to Harry and Ron, Aurora gave him a critical eye and the kissed him on the cheek. Harry was officially befuddled. Dinner was quite normal. Everyone laughed and talked and ate too much. Instead of sending everyone to bed, Mrs. Weasley encouraged everyone to stay up and talk. Fred and George came after dinner and looked rather relieved to see Aurora. No one had said where she had been and what had happened to her. Harry was just about to ask something, but Aurora asked a question instead.

“Harry, did anyone tell you about me yet,” she asked, abruptly as they had been talking about the success of Fred and George’s successful joke shop. Harry looked at her, quite shocked to be directly addressed by her, as he was under the impression that she was very powerful.

“Not really,” he said; then asked as an afterthought, “why?”

Aurora turned to Bill, giving him a stern look. He shrank under her glare and mumbled something about not having time. “Very well,” she said, her face returning to a pleasant one. “I will tell you myself,” she said and then explained further by saying, “that way there are no misconceptions as I am not allowed to lie.”

Harry found this shocking and slightly amusing. If he were not allowed to lie, he would have been in much more trouble by now.

“Let me show you what I can do,” she said, “it’s something you’ll enjoy, I’m sure.” She kneeled in front of the fireplace in the kitchen and beckoned Cornelius Fudge forward. He arrived minutes later, looking fluster and irritated.

“Now see here, you can’t just summon me in the middle of the . . .Aurora?” Cornelius looked fearful. “My dear, you’ve been found. Who came for you?”

“Never you mind that,” she said, aggressively. “I’d love to hear what you have done to find me for the past three months. First, however, I want to know why you have spent the last year tormenting two people that are very dear to me?”

“Who?” Cornelius asked, thoroughly bewildered.

“Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter,” Aurora said, stepping forward as Cornelius felt the need to take a step back. “They have done nothing but tell the truth and you make sure the both of them are ridiculed for it. You make it seem as if they are both unhinged. I would think you held the company I keep in higher regards then that.”

“What was I to do? Lucious Malfoy would never let me live it down.”

“Well, Mr. Malfoy is a known Death Eater. I really don’t think you should be having any contact with him at all. So he gives money to everything. I could do that.” Aurora walked around him, making him more nervous. “I want an apology Cornelius. I want a public apology for the whole bloody affair and the captured Death Eaters to be dealed with accordingly or I will have to summon the Council. I don’t reckon Alia Roman would find your company interesting.”

Cornelius paled and then retreated back through the fireplace without another word. Aurora sat down again, Bill taking her hand in his. As Mrs. Weasley was about to shoo everyone into bed, Fawkes the Phoenix came flying through the back door.

“Not safe for even eight hours and he summons me,” Aurora said, leaning her head against Bill’s shoulder. “I should go.” Aurora stood and gathered herself, looking more exhausted then ever.

“Albus will understand if you wait until morning,” Bill said, still having a hold of her hand.

“I have to summon the Council in the morning.”

“You just told Fudge that you would, not that you were. You know, this is just the reason you were so easy to catch last time,” Bill said, suddenly getting angry. “Off again because someone needs you. Can’t you just rest? You need strength, too. There are other people in the world that can help. You don’t have to do everything. There are other people on that Council of yours. You don’t have to do anything. You are going to go to sleep. I will send Albus a letter or go see him myself. We are going upstairs . . .now.”

Aurora looked at Bill in horror for two seconds before turning on her heels and running up the stairs.

~*~

An hour later, everyone was making his or her way to bed. Fred and George had left. Ron and Harry were about to go to Ron’s room when they passed the room Bill and Aurora were staying in.

“Bill, I’m sorry for making you angry.”

Ron and Harry settled themselves outside the door to listen. There was no need for Extendable Ears.

“It’s okay,” Bill said. “I was so upset when everyone was told you were missing. I cried a lot, didn’t eat for days, and couldn’t work. I wanted to drop everything and go looking for you. Albus showed up right before I was about to leave. He told me to stay put so it wouldn’t look odd. I did as I was told, but there wasn’t a moment that passed I didn’t think about looking for you.”

“Bill, I’m sorry for making you so upset. I do what I do because I can and very few can follow in my footsteps. Tell me about Hermoine Granger. I’m training her to take my place so I can enjoy life. So I can enjoy the marriage we’re about to partake in.” Aurora smiled. Bill went into stories about Hermoine.

Ron and Harry stared at each other. Aurora must be an Enchantress because that’s what Hermoine was going to start her training in. Why was she captured though? Why hadn’t anyone mentioned her before? Why did Harry have the vision that must have saved her? Oh, yeah, who is she?

~*~

Hope the Holidays treated you well. A huge thank you to everyone that read. (Tell your friends!) Thank you to those who reviewed as well, comments are greatly appreciated. However, I will write, reviews or not.

For those of you wondering about the "Second Edition" part, let me explain. The first edition was "turned down" by MuggleNet.com fanfiction. I have made some revisions and hope it is satisfactory. In doing so, however, the course of the story completely changed. I will be launching a site soon that will have this version and the original. Anyone wishing to post their fanfiction (or any fiction) there as well, send me an email and we'll "discuss" it.

~Kairos Devan~

P.S. - I've gotten a few emails about my name, so I would like to take this time to clearify. This is not my real name. It is a name that I have compiled from two different first names. Obviously, "Kairos" and "Devan." They are both Greek/Gaelic. "Kairos" means "last born goddess." "Devan" means "writing or poety."

Just in case you were wondering.

P.S.S. - Okay, the question about Sirius that had been at the end of this chapter had been from the original version. She was going to bring him back with the story from Behind the Veil. I've taken another route. Sorry!

Let the Powers that Be guide you,
Kairos Devan~
Currently Untitled by Kairos Devan
The next morning was quite an event. The kitchen was bustling with activity as Harry and Ron walked in. Aurora and Mrs. Weasley were busy ordering objects around the kitchen. There were two new occupants to the house that hadn’t been there last night: Petunia Dursley (or Evans, should the need to be technical arise) and Hermione Granger. They boys ran over to Hermione and started asking her about Viktor Krum.

Aurora shooed them away, telling them to ask her when they sat down to eat. Hermione was sitting at the table, reading out recipes to the other three. Petunia was on the other side of the table, making something by hand. After being shooed away, Harry and Ron went into the living room where they found Mr. Weasley, Bill, and Charlie.

“Morning, Dad . . .Bill . . .Charlie,” Ron said, plopping down by Charlie. Harry took a seat by Bill. Mr. Weasley looked up and smiled from the stack of papers he was reading from. “What’s that dad?”

“Well, Ron,” Mr. Wesley replied, “it’s some writing Aurora’s done. She wanted me to have a look at it.” Ron just nodded.

“What is Aurora writing about,” Harry asked. He couldn’t stop himself. Mr. Weasley just smiled again and continued to read. Bill rolled his eyes and sat back, taking a sip of apple juice. “Bill, could I, uh, talk to you? Out in the garden?”

Bill nodded. They both got up and went through the kitchen. Bill grabbed a glass of juice for Harry and a stack of toast off the table. They made their way to the picnic tables, Harry remembering that time when Bill and Charlie made both of these poor tables fight in air.

Laughing, Harry sat down. Bill just smiled, most likely remembering the same moment. “So, Harry, what did you want to talk about?”

“Aurora seems. . .different,” Harry said, uncertain of what or why he was saying anything at all. Bill raised his eyebrows. “It’s not that she isn’t great,” Harry continued, afraid he had upset Bill, “she’s fantastic. It’s just that I feel as if I should already know her better. It feels as if she should know me.”

“Well, even Albus Dumbledore didn’t think you were going to pick up that connection,” Bill said after sitting silently for several minutes. “I’ll tell you what,” he said, draining his apple juice, “let’s go in and have a real breakfast and we’ll see when we can get Aurora to sit down and talk. I know she and I have a few surprises for all of you.”

They went back in the kitchen, carrying two empty glasses and an empty plate. Everyone was already sitting down and eating, talking loudly and with their mouths full.

Petunia Dursley was quite a sight. She talked rapidly with both Arthur and Molly Weasley. “Vernon just seemed so scared of everything that I could do,” she said, playing with a bit of toast. “I finally told him I would give it all up if he promised that we would always have some kind of future. I quit talking to Lily a little while after that. Then Harry came to live with us and well, I was never quite able to come to terms with Lily and James and that night. Albus told me, of course, in the letter that he left. I just couldn’t ever get it out of my head. Of course, Vernon decided to be nasty to Harry. I had to do the same. There was not a time that it happened that I wished I could make all of it stop.”

Everyone was silent. Harry, for one, had never heard Aunt Petunia open up like that. Aurora reached over Bill and took Petunia’s hand, smiling sympathetically at her. “Harry?” Petunia asked quietly. Harry looked at her. “Could you ever forgive me,” she asked, almost pleading, with her eyes.

Harry’s response was a well-timed hug and a question of anything like that happening again. “Absolutely not,” Petunia said, returning the hug.

“Where’s Dudley?”

“With Vernon and Marge,” Petunia replied, dryly. Harry asked no more and sat back down, engaging both Ron and Hermione in conversation.

“Love,” Bill spoke up, “Harry and I would like a word with you if you have some time this afternoon.” Bill quickly glanced at Harry, giving him a wink, before returning his gaze back to Aurora. Her eyes were wide open in surprise. “Love?”

“This afternoon,” she said, almost monotone. “I have to go to Diagon Alley if the two of you would like to tag along. Hermione is coming with me.”

”Fantastic,” Bill said, “Ron can come along, too. Maybe we can meet up with our employer for a quick lunch.”

“Your employer?” Hermione asked.

“Oh, we’ll talk about that later,” Aurora said, quickly drinking down the end of her milk. “Hermione, I have to make some calls for the council. Care to come along?” Hermione and Aurora went upstairs and collected a few things before coming back down to the fireplace. “We’ll go during the first term and you can take your apparition test. I’m sure you’ll have no problems.” She gave Bill a few instructions. “You, Ron, and Harry better by waiting for us at the Leaky Cauldron, not later than one. We’ll be bringing ‘our employer.’”

Bill nodded, seeming quite ecstatic about the whole idea.

Shaking her head and giving both Petunia and Molly a hug, Aurora took Hermione through the Floo Network to Merlin knows where.

*~*Aurora and Hermione*~*

Coughing slightly, Hermione and Aurora clambered out of the fireplace at the office of Albus Dumbledore. Brushing herself off, Aurora looked up, smiling at all the portraits of former Headmasters and Mistresses. Most of them waved and quite a few called out. She asked where Dumbledore was; she needed to talk to him. Hermione stood back, unsure of what her Mentor was up to. “Albus,” Aurora called. “Crazy old man,” she said, more quietly. “Albus, come to your office now,” she called again.

The door opened, revealing Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall. Both were smiling and neither were wearing their usual garments. Albus donned a pair of black pants and a white button-up shirt. Minerva wore a black skirt and a sleeveless white shirt. Greetings went all around.

“I was wondering when you would come to see me,” Albus said, after a while. “I wasn’t sure what you’re reaction had been to Fawkes.” Albus smiled, knowing full well what had happened.

Aurora did not smile. “You know full well what happen, Albus Dumbledore! You know that Bill was upset. You couldn’t wait? What was so important that you had to talk to me last night?”

“I wanted, very simply, to talk about Harry,” he said, his eyes twinkling. Hermione sat down, already not liking anything her Headmaster was saying. “Also, I wanted to discuss our arrangement for the coming year.” Hermione stopped shaking her hand and continued to listen to Albus.

“I wanted you to know that you and Bill will be housed near the entrance to Gryffindor tower. This is for three obvious reasons. One: it is close to Bill’s classrooms. Two: it is rather close to your own classrooms. Three: it is close to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I want Harry to finally have the kind of family he’s always wanted. I think being able to visit the two of you would help immensely. Hermione for the obvious reasons; Ron because I feel he will need the two of you more than ever.”

Aurora said nothing. She stood there, eyes flaming. “I told Bill that I would bring you to lunch at one at the Leaky Cauldron,” she said, after about seven minutes of silence. “Minerva, I would be honored if you would come along. However, I must see Alia Roman. There are things she, Hermione, and I need to discuss.”

Conversation after that was forced and tiring. Hermione and Aurora left. Minerva turned to Albus, a grim look on her face. “Why must you continue to torment the girl, Albus? She has been through enough. Her brother will find out about her shortly, she is getting married, she’s stepping down from her position in the council, she’ll be a teacher. . .can’t you just let the poor thing rest?”

“No, Minerva,” Albus said, sadly, “there will be much more for her before she can just be happy.”

~*~Arthur Weasley~*~

Arthur gathered himself together and got ready for work. The only thing he had to do today was attend a meeting with Amelia Bones. He liked the woman “ fair and understanding “ but couldn’t understand what she wanted with someone from the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Department.

Giving Molly a quick kiss, he apparated to work. He went to his office, checking up on papers and talking to Perkins, before he went to his meeting. “Have fun there, Arthur, eh?” Arthur just nodded, completely at a loss for what his colleague was talking about.

He made his way to Amelia Bones’ office. She was reading the Daily Prophet and drinking a strong cup of tea. She smiled at Arthur as he entered her office, escorted by Jane Achieve, her assistant. “Arthur, please, have a seat,” she said, pleasantly. Arthur did as he was told and waited patiently for Amelia to finish the article she was reading. “Funny little article in here about your son,” Amelia commented.

“Which one,” Arthur asked, quietly. He wanted to know why he was there.

“Bill,” Amelia said, “Bill and Aurora Dandelion Potter.” She lowered her paper and looked at Arthur. “What can you tell me about this, Arthur?”

“My son and Aurora are getting married, Amelia,” Arthur said, sounding tired and exhausted. “Does this have anything to do with this meeting?”

“Quite,” Amelia said. “You future Daughter-In-Law would be an Enchantress, wouldn’t she?” Arthur nodded, not sure where this was headed. “My niece, Susan, has always been interested in something like that,” she said, in a very strained off hand way. She went in for the kill, “Do you think you could put in a good word for her? I don’t want her to end up in the ministry if Fudge is staying around. I want her to be happy in life.”

Arthur felt sorry for Amelia. He was sure Susan would make a great Enchantress someday, but they were chosen “ not referenced in. Arthur made his way through the rest of the meeting by saying he would talk to Aurora tonight and that he made no promises. She thanked him and told him to go home and rest.

Geesh, Arthur thought, some people. He apparated back to The Burrow.

~*~Bill, Harry, and Ron~*~

Harry and Ron spent the morning de-gnoming the garden. They laughed about a lot of the stupid things that had happened, carefully not mention the end of last term. “Remember when you wore your invisibility cloak into Hogsmeade and nearly scared Malfoy to death?”

“How about the time Sirius dragged you under the Womping Willow?”

Harry stopped. Sirius. Harry had kept himself busy with Aunt Petunia’s news that he hadn’t thought about the events of last term fully until now. He was sure that many of the Death Eaters were in Azkaban, the wizard prison. He wasn’t sure, however, if any of that cleared Sirius of the crimes he had not commit.

Doesn’t matter, Harry thought, he’s gone, now.

Another voice sounded in Harry’s head (which sounded quite like Hermione), It does matter. His name being cleared is what you’ve been hoping for. Just because he’s not here doesn’t mean that his name shouldn’t be cleared. It’s his memory at stake here.

The voice was quite right. Harry tried to turn his attention back to Ron, but he was finding it difficult.

“Let’s just get ready to go, Harry,” Ron said. “You need to rest before we leave. . .maybe.” Harry and Ron did just that. They washed up and changed before Bill came to collect them at a quarter till one.

“We’ll have some time to spend in Diagon Alley afterwards. Just remember,” Bill said, “pay attention to what is being said. It affects all of you.” Bill rearranged his robes and grabbed a bag before using the Floo Network to go to the Leaky Cauldron, Harry and Ron in tow.

Tom, the bartender, shooed Bill, Ron, and Harry into a private Parlor to wait for the rest of the their party. Sipping on Butterbeers (on the house), they talked about the upcoming Quidditch season. “I think that the Cannons will wipe the lot of them out,” Ron said, confidently.

Harry, remembering something he had read over the summer, spoke up. “Puddlemore United has a chance this year,” he said, matter-of-factly, “with Wood as the main Keeper, the other teams will have to put up a heck of a fight.”

“I kind of favor the Ballycastle Bats this season,” Bill said, smiling. “Quite a good team this year.” Ron rolled his eyes in disgust, making Bill laugh. Aurora, Hermione, Albus, and Minerva came in. “Have good meetings this morning,” Bill asked, getting up and kissing Aurora on the cheek. She smiled, sort of, and sat down, taking a long swig of Butterbeer.

Minerva ordered a drink, a large gillyweed, before talking to Ron and Harry. “I want you boys to understand that the Quidditch cup is very imperative to my study this coming year. I would hate to have to give it up to Professor Snape. So, boys, please do well in Quidditch and your studies. I know there is enough to be going on with, but there is no reason to not lead a normal life anyway.”

“There is something I want to announce to the two of you,” Albus said to Harry and Ron, “before the start of term. Ms. Granger already knows, as she was present during this morning’s discussion. Mr. Bill Weasley will be taking up the post of the History of Magic. Our present Enchantress, Aurora, will be taking up the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts.” Albus waited for a response. Ron’s mouth hung open. Harry just stared at Aurora.

“Harry, is there something you would like to ask?” This came from Bill. He was trying to get him to talk about the conversation the two of them had this morning.

“Who is Aurora? Who is she, really?”

~*~A/N~*~

Thanks for all of your support. You can now find this fanfic and more at http://kairos-devan.tripod.com (link in profile.)

See you real soon.!!

~KD~

~*~A/A/N~*~
Sorry, just a few more things. Chapter Five has been submitted. I also wanted to say that the number of people that have stopped by and read each chapter is pretty big. However, I would like some constructive criticism. Don't review just to review. Say something: what you liked, what you didn't like, what could be improved, what should never be done again.

Sorry, just aggitated. (smiles)
Laters, KD
Aurora's Story and Severus Snape Meets His Match by Kairos Devan
Aurora sat there, not looking at Harry. 'Oh, boy, here it comes. Albus say something. Tell him. I am most certainly not doing it. Albus, you’ve kept it from him his whole life. Tell him now.'

As if hearing her plea, Albus went into the story:

“You see, Harry, this all starts before you were born. Your mother and father were in the Order, of course. I tell you this information that you already know to lay a base for my story. You see it is the foundation of your parents being in the Order that the story builds from.

“Lily and James were loved by all of the members of the order. Yes, even by Peter Pettigrew, who turned around and betrayed your parents to Tom Riddle. Before Peter even went to the Dark Side, however, your mother found herself pregnant. She was to have a little girl. James and Lily had both just graduated from Hogwarts, married shortly afterwards.

“She had the child, a beautiful, healthy baby girl who was adored by all of the order “ especially Frank and Alice Longbottom. The Longbottom’s were named her Godparents and she spent quite a bit of time with them. She had been with them when your parents were taken away from you. She stayed with the Longbottom’s until Death Eater’s corned them leaving them in the state they are in. She was with Remus Lupin.

“Remus had the girl, your sister, in the States, where I thought her safe. I, of course, had sent Hagrid to Godric’s Hollow to fetch you and meet me at your Aunt and Uncle’s house. I felt it was the best to keep the two of you apart, you and your sister, because together you could be tracked more easily.”

Harry stared at the centerpiece on the table (a moving hippogriff made out of flowers) while thinking through what his Headmaster had just said. “So what you’re saying, Professor Dumbledore, is that. . .”

“Aurora is indeed your sister,” Albus supplied, “the blood of both your mother and your father.” Looking over, Harry noticed Aurora had disappeared.

“Don’t worry, Harry,” Bill said, “she’s just upset. She didn’t want to see how you would take it. Of course, she didn’t know that you were her brother until the Death Eaters took her.”

“Death Eaters had her?”

“That’s why she was missing.” Bill stopped for two reasons. One: he had said too much and two: Harry wasn’t to know that. “Harry, before you do anything . . .”

It was too late. Harry was running out of the room, in search of Aurora. He looked left only to see Tom the bartender. Looking right, he saw a table for two, both seats occupied. The first seat was Severus Snape, Harry’s Potion Master. The second seat. . .Aurora, his sister. He walked over to the table slowly, as a lion would stalk to capture his prey. Harry didn’t want to capture her; he just wanted to talk to her.

“Well, Enchantress, you know that it would have come to light sooner or later,” Snape said, “you are engaged to his best friend’s oldest brother.”

“I know, Severus,” Aurora replied politely, swirling bright green liquid in a glass, watching it intently.

“Albus finds himself in a position of where there could be a lot of trouble. Your little brother really knows so very little about all of this.”

“I know, Severus.”

“Your brother has been stepping out of line ever since he came to Hogwarts,” Severus went on. “If you had been around I doubt he would have gotten into so much trouble.”

“I know, Sever. . wait. Harry may step out of line every now and again, be he’s always had some pretty good reasons. He went after the Sorcerer’s Stone because he felt it would end up in the hands of Tom Riddle. It almost did, in fact.”

“Yes, but your precious baby brother thought that I was the one behind it,” Severus snapped.

“Well, you gave him good reason, being a mean ol’ git every time you got the chance. I would have thought the same thing.” Aurora took a swig of her drink, which had now turned red. “Then Harry risked life and limb to retrieve Ginny Weasley from the Chamber of Secrets and your old friend.”

“Completely uncalled for,” Severus said, his eyes wide and his tone appalled.

“Guess you should watch what you say, Severus,” Aurora said, downing the last bit of the now pink liquid. “I don’t take well to insults in any nature to anyone. I apologize for the insult I just gave to you, as well.” Severus nodded. “Harry, come and sit down.”

Harry jumped in shock of being addressed. He had no idea that Aurora knew he was there. “Harry,” Aurora said, getting impatient, “come here.” Although impatient, her tone was still understanding, still nice. Harry sat down, closer to Aurora than Snape.

“I daresay you two have met,” Aurora said, with an amused twinkle in her eye, not unlike Albus Dumbledore’s. Smiling, she turned to Harry. “What exactly did Albus tell you?” Harry told her parts of the story. Aurora turned her head away, but nodded to confirm the story Harry had been told. “I’m sorry I haven’t been there. Had Albus told me I had a little brother . . .Petunia even knew. I would go to visit her, obviously when you were at school, she never once told me or mentioned it. I could never get the details of the ‘Harry Potter Story’ straight so it never quite clicked. Sorry everything’s been pretty rotten thus far. Let’s just get through this war.”

Smiling slightly, Harry looked away. There were now about a million questions running through his mind.

“How old are you,” Harry asked. “I mean you’re an Enchantress and going to be a teacher,” Harry continued further, “you don’t look that old.”

“I’m really not,” Aurora said. “I’m actually only eighteen. I was choosen to start my Enchantress training at the age of three. I’ve been home school, even in magic, my whole life. I’ve had some wonderful instructors.

“We’ll talk more later,” said Aurora, smiling. “I have to talk with Severus here. He would be the Potions Master, correct?” Harry nodded. “He any good?” Harry nodded again. “He nice about it?” Harry didn’t move a muscle. He could tell Snape was glaring at him. “Severus Snape, how dare you! After everything he has been though and you knowing that he was my brother! Severus, I will get you back, mark my words. I’ll be a colleague this year. I will make sure you won’t cross one toe out of line. Do you hear me?”

Severus Snape, nodded, finally meeting his match.

~*~A/N~*~

Thank you LisaK and codex for your dedicated reviews. I hope you enjoy Chapter Five. Chapter Six is on the way. Don't forget to check out my site for even more. ~Kairos Devan~

A/A/N
My site hasn't been updated with the new chapters. Sorry! Does anyone have any ideas or see any problems? Review, thank you.
An Evening in Muggle London by Kairos Devan
Aurora could not stand to stay in any part of Diagon Alley after that. She had a rather hurried conversation with Severus before coming to take the small group out. “Tonight, we dine Muggle.”

Bill stood up and took her by the hand and the rest of the group (including Severus) followed them out of the Leaky Cauldron. Hermoine, Minerva, and Aurora lead the way down the street, leaving Bill to walk with Harry and Ron.

Minerva McGonagall was quite a sight, giggling like a schoolgirl with both Hermoine and Aurora. She still wore her long black skirt and sleeveless button up white blouse, but she also wore a sweater (black) to go along with her outfit and black boots. Minerva’s hair was down, for once, and most would agree that it looked better that way, taking about ten years off of her face.

Albus Dumbledore, walking beside Severus, enjoyed Muggle London immensely. No one would guess, however, that was because he felt more at home. He felt as though nothing bad could happen. People would smile or wave, not scream or grimace at the group of witches, wizards, and an Enchantress. ‘Ahh, ignorance and tolerance.’

Severus Snape, however, was disgusted with this whole trip. It’s not that he hated Muggles. No, that was not the problem. He hated the company in which he was currently keeping, especially Harry Potter.

Harry Potter. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Severus knew that he couldn’t screw up. Aurora would hang him from his thumbnails in a dungeon in a far away castle. No, he’d have to keep himself in check.

Bill walked between Harry and Ron. He couldn’t believe his luck. Three years ago, Albus had brought someone with him to a meeting with his parents. That was when he met Aurora. She was wonderful, even more so now than she was. ‘Hermoine is a luck Enchantress-in-Training,’ Bill couldn’t help but think.

Harry stared in awe of his sister as well. She was an Enchantress, whatever that was. More importantly, Harry had actually family other than The Dursley’s. Aunt Petunia was okay, now. However, Harry still longed for an actually family. A family that cared for and loved him and didn’t grimace or ‘tut’ at him “ ever.

Harry made his way up to his sister. She looked down at him (which wasn’t very far, he was almost taller than she was) and smiled. “Harry, not right now, we’ll talk in a bit. Okay? Tonight, possibly?”

Harry nodded. He was going to like this family thing, he was sure of it. He made his way back to Bill and Ron, since walking beside Aurora meant there were four across, which was a bit much. Bill ruffled Harry’s hair and smiled. He hadn’t known Bill long, but he could tell the man was in love.

They made their way to a nice Muggle Italian restaurant. Severus Snape led the way. “Severus, what’s the occasion,” the Hostess asked, in late Italian accent. Albus simply smiled while Ron and Harry gawked at their professor. The hostess was flirting with him. Severus Snape “ flirting?

Severus gave her a warm smile and turned to Aurora and Bill. “We are here to celebrate the engagement of a friend of mine. This is Aurora and her fiancée Bill.”

Harry and Ron turned to each other. “Friend?” they whispered.

The hostess moved the mixed-matched group towards a private parlor. Severus stopped her. “Belle, we’d like to dine with everyone else,” Severus said, smiling again. The hostess, Belle, smiled back and led them to a long table in the middle of the room.

The table had exactly the number of seats that they needed “ seven. Severus sat at the head of the table; Hermoine sat directly across from him, being quite self-conscious. Bill sat to her right; Aurora to Hermoine’s left. Ron and Harry (putting Harry beside Snape) sat to Bill’s left. Albus and Minerva, Albus beside Severus, sat to the right of Aurora.

Candles shone light from every available spot of the restaurant.

Bill’s long legs reached out and met up with Aurora’s legs, they stayed entwined the duration of the meal. Ron and Harry spend the whole time talking about Quidditch. Hermoine stayed involved in Bill and Aurora’s conversation the whole time. Minerva, Albus, and Severus had a conversation about the running of Hogwarts and the changes that would be necessary.

Aurora could not help but feel that a private parlor with the right charms would have been a better move. Anyone could hear them. Although it was true, anything that they didn’t want others to hear should not be talked about in public, who were other people to bud into her conversation?

She quieted down after that thought, not wanting anyone to hear her or the others.

Bill placed is goblet of wine down. “Aurora, are you okay?” Aurora stared at him. She felt dizzy and confused. She started mumbling something. Noting the anxiety in Minerva’s face, Bill rose from his seat and rounded on Aurora. He kneeled down beside her. “Heart, are you okay?” he repeated his question.

Aurora’s eyes were big as she stared at Bill. “Don’t drink the wine.” She passed out.




A/N: I know it's short. I had to stop in here though. I have question though. As they chapters go on, I have fewer and fewer reads. I was just wondering why some people aren't reading as far as others? Do some of them find it boring?

Anyway, ideas and comments are appreciated.
St. Mungo's In The Summer by Kairos Devan
St. Mungo’s was unbelievably busy. Healers were running through the halls and there was a little girl crying. Minerva ran over to her. “Sunny, child, what are you doing here by yourself?”

Sunny looked up at Minerva. “Aunt Minerva, Mommy is sick!” Minerva picked up the child and rejoined the group. Bill and Harry were trying to check Aurora into a room and get a Healer.

The blonde haired nurse was not as collected and bored as Harry had last seen her, last year at Christmas. “If we knew what was wrong with her,” Bill told the nurse, “we wouldn’t be here!”

After a few more minutes of trying to find someone, Penelope Clearwater came up to them. “Professors, how good to see you! Is there anything wrong?”

Albus quickly told her their dilemma. Penelope looked around. “Okay, come this way, quickly.” Bill picked Aurora up and followed as Harry took the lead. Albus and Hermione behind Harry. Minerva, carrying Sunny, walked at a brisk pace, Severus and Ron at her side.

They passed small groups of people nursing small injuries or surrounding one person with major injuries. When they made it to the room that Penelope should them, Albus took the opportunity to inquire of the events that had taken place.

“People are coming in from all over the place,” Penelope said, her eyes sad and fearful. “There are claims of Death Eaters and Dementors. Our world is under attack.” She made her way to the door. “My friend, Anton, is a healer here. I’ll send him immediately.” She made her exit, leaving the occupants of the room in silence. Ron and Hermoine were staring at Harry.

Bill pulled up a chair from the corner to sit by the bed in which Aurora was unconscious. He was not yet crying but could feel the tears pushing their way forward. Severus paced from one corner to the other, unsure of what to do with himself for the first time since Harry had seen into his memories last year.

Minerva sat herself in a chair on the other side of the bed, keeping Sunny occupied while she figured out what she would need to do. Albus stood near a window, looking out into the fake, enchanted sky.

A few minutes later, Anton came quietly into the room. “Hello, my name is Anton Maniac,” he said. Smiling, he continued, “I’m only a maniac when there’s nothing else to do.” He walked to the foot of the bed. “Penelope told me that I was to talk to Albus Dumbledore.” Albus tore himself away from the window to talk to Anton. “That must be you. Sir, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Albus shook his hand and nodded. “What can you tell me about the patient?”

“She is an Enchantress, has a fiancée, and will be teaching at Hogwarts come the autumn,” he said, bluntly. “We were at a muggle restaurant when she fainted.”

“Did she say anything,” Anton inquired, “or did she just faint.”

“She said something about the wine,” Bill spoke up.

“Yes,” Albus explained, “she said not to drink it.” Anton’s eyes grew wide with anticipation.

“Who had some of the wine?” Anton looked around the room. Albus, Bill, Minerva, and Severus had drunk wine at dinner. “Was it all from the same bottle?” Albus nodded. “Did anyone happen to bring the bottle?” Albus and Bill looked around. Severus raised his hand. “Can I see it?”

Severus pulled the bottle with the dark liquid from a hidden pocket in his cloak. He handed the bottle to Anton, eyebrows raised. “I’m going to have this sent down to our analyzers so we can find out what’s in it.”

“I can tell you exactly what’s in it,” Severus said. “There is nothing wrong with the wine, nor is there anything wrong with Aurora.” Bill looked up at Severus, confusion evident on his face. “I slipped some Veritaserum in her drink when she was not looking. It seems that it is not a very good idea to try a truth potion on an Enchantress.” Severus tried to offer a small smile, but failed.

Harry turned to Albus. “Will she be okay? I mean, that stuff won’t kill her, will it?”

“Harry, it is very hard to injure an Enchantress. However, Veritaserum can be rather painful. Did Aurora tell you that she is not allowed to lie?” Harry nodded. Albus continued. “To give this particular truth potion to someone who cannot lie can be very damaging. However, this is an Enchantress we are talking about . . .” Albus muttered the last part.

Hermione spoke up. “I’m sorry, sir. How does Aurora being an Enchantress make a difference?” Bill looked up and shook his head at Albus.

“I believe that Aurora is the one that must tell you that,” Albus said, kindly. “I’m sure she’ll be fine in a couple of days, just in time for Harry’s birthday.” Harry gave everyone, except Severus, a small smile and then went and sat down beside his sister.

~*~

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were told to stay in Aurora’s hospital room. Albus sent for Molly or Arthur to come and collect the lot of them. “I’m staying with Aurora,” Bill said to the trio when they asked if he was coming. When Harry put up a protest to stay too, Bill had to explain further. “Listen, Harry,” Bill said, quietly, “I’m sure Aurora would want you here just as much as I do. But, with the possibility of Death Eaters actually being in the hospital. Well, no one wants you to take a chance. I’m sure Aurora wouldn’t either.”

Harry nodded, he didn’t want to leave Aurora’s room, and he felt the sudden urge to talk to Aunt Petunia. Harry also didn’t feel that he should be anywhere were Severus Snape had been either. Moments after Severus confessed, Alia Roman (Head of the Council) showed up to take Severus away for a while. She checked on Aurora, and with Severus in invisible shackles, Apparated away again.

Hermione had gone swung into full gear after a small chat with Alia Roman. She couldn’t yet use magic outside of school yet, so when Penelope came back, Hermione set her to work conjuring different books and other items that she needed. “Uh, Hermione,” Ron asked, tentatively. Hermione looked up from an enormous volume, her hair falling in front of her face. “When Mom or Dad show up, how are you going to get everything back home?”

“I’ll send it along after you three leave,” Penelope piped up as Hermione turned back to her reading. Harry sat beside Aurora’s bed, sipping on a cup of tea. Aurora had hardly moved since they got her there. Bill was off with Albus for the moment, discussing Severus Snape since Minerva had gone off to find Sunny’s mother.

Harry stared down at his sister and wondered why he hadn’t realized that she was his sister. She looked amazingly like his mother, from the pictures he had seen. Her hair was long and curly, like the pictures. He felt she had his father’s eyes though. Remarkably ironic, thought Harry, how we’re just like Mom and Dad except for the eyes. . . He didn’t feel that it was wrong or evil though. He felt like he had family. Sure, Aunt Petunia was okay, except he wasn’t sure of her the way she just changed, bang, overnight. He’d like to think that it was genuine. The thought of more lies involving his family didn’t make an ideal situation, in Harry’s mind.

Aurora stirred. Harry brought himself out of his stupor and try to focus on helping his sister. She grabbed his hand as her breathing became labored. She took his other hand and forced Harry to look at her. “Harry, not matter what happens, you have to continue the fight.”

Harry stared at Aurora in bewilderment. What was she talking about? “Harry, he’ll try to throw you off and make it hard. You have to fight that and fight him. Promise me, Harry. Promise me that you’ll never give up. Promiiise me, promise that you’ll continue to fight.”
Another Untitled Chapter. . .For Now by Kairos Devan
A/N: Someone kindly pointed out that I had no disclaimer. However, since this is a fanfic site, I figured it would just apply to every story. I highly doubt J K Rowling would post fanfics about her own work. Then again. . .(gets scared)

I do not own any of the characters from the Harry Potter series. However, Aurora Potter and Alia Roman, along with Council of Enchantresses is of my own creation. Thank you.

*~*

Bill Weasley ran into the hospital room in St. Mungo’s, his parents behind him. Molly Weasley, usually very cheerful and loving, looked as if her eyes could start fires. Similarly, her husband Arthur looked like he was ready to break something. Bill’s eyes held fear and love in them as he gazed at Aurora. She was now sweating, still gripping Harry’s hand. She muttered words as she went into convulsions.

“Harry . . . fight . . . must . . . get . . . him . . . back . . . fight . . . promise . . . fight . . . fight . . . promise . . .”

“That’s not a reaction to Vensereum,” Arthur said, his body tensing. “Someone contact the Council. She needs the others.” The Healer, Anton, came running in.

“What’s going on with her?” Anton asked. Bill pushed past him and ran down the hall back to the entrance they had come in through. He entered the room that held several fireplaces connected to the Floo Network. Take a handful of powder from one of the several pots, he stepped into the fire and yelled, “The Council of Enchantresses!”

Bill disappeared.

Back in Aurora’s hospital room, everyone was on edge. Molly took charge of the younger ones. “Harry, Hermione, Ron, I think it’s time for us to go,” she said, making to place her hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“No, she’s my sister! She’s the only family I have left. I don’t even know her that well. I’m not leaving.” Harry stood there, resolutely.

“Harry,” Professor McGonagall said, “it really will be safer for you elsewhere.” Professor McGonagall looked over at Albus. After some seemingly silent communication, they both nodded. “I have an idea. Come on, you three. I have a stop to make before we go.” Before Harry could stop the actions of himself or others, he found himself following his Transfiguration teacher down the hallways of St. Mungo’s.

There were still people along the hallways, waiting to be taken care of. Harry absently wondered if there were more people to help them. He certainly could be of no help. Professor McGonagall lead the way to a room on another level, Harry couldn’t be sure which one. The little girl was still be carried by Professor McGonagall and Harry barely registered the presence of his two best friends behind him. Thoughts consumed his brain, making it hard to do anything else but think. He was hardly aware of Ron and Hermione coming to either side of him and making him go along faster.

Professor McGonagall must have taken the little girl somewhere, because the next time Harry checked, the little girl was gone. Professor McGonagall’s face was set to determine and Harry didn’t have the courage to ask her anything at the moment.

Eventually, they found themselves in the Floo Room (Harry guessed that was the name). Professor McGonagall went first saying very clearly the name of the place they were going. “Unicorn Ranch!”

Hermione went next after making sure Harry was okay. She looked rather nervous, Harry could tell that much. She took the powder and soon disappeared after yelling “Unicorn Ranch!” Ron made sure that Harry went before him. Harry took the handful of powder and walked over to one of the fireplaces uncertainly. He stood in the fireplace, turning around to see Ron. Ron smiled at him, encouragingly. After a quick smile in return, Harry threw the powder down and yelled, “Unicorn Ranch!”

Harry felt himself turn round and round until finally he stopped and fell forward. Hermione rushed over to him. “Get out of the way, Ron’s coming yet.” Harry did his best to move but somehow felt very out of himself. Using his feet, he helped Hermione pull him across the floor. When he found himself facing the ceiling instead of the floor, he started looking around. The room was huge. The ceiling was a good twenty to twenty five feet from the floor. The walls made the room look cavernous. Ron soon made his way to Unicorn Ranch; however, he did not fall flat on his face.

Professor McGonagall came back with a tray of food and drinks. Harry was pulled on to the couch; Ron and Hermione sat on either side. “We’ll be staying here,” Professor McGonagall said, “I’ll have some of your luggage sent here within the next couple of hours.” Professor McGonagall looked upset and with good reason.

No one really knew what was going on. Bill, Molly and Arthur, Severus, and Albus were still with Aurora while the three of them had to be at the Unicorn Ranch place with Professor McGonagall, Transfiguration professor.

“Where are we?” Harry asked, as he started to come back to being himself.

Professor McGonagall sighed, audibly. “We are at Unicorn Ranch,” she said as way of explanation.

“What’s that, Professor?” Ron asked.

“It’s Aurora’s ranch. She received it from her grandfather, Harry’s grandfather, Joseph William Potter. She’s been living her for a couple of years. Bill will also move in here after their wedding next month. I think Aurora was planning on having Harry’s birthday here as well.”

Harry started to absorb this.

“How did Bill and Aurora meet?”

Professor McGonagall’s eyes became very wide.

“Why don’t we have those two tell you for your birthday?” Professor McGonagall didn’t want to talk about it, which perked Harry’s interest. For the first time in quite a while (within hours, actually), Harry noticed how uncomfortable Hermione looked. Professor McGonagall left to tend to other things and surprisingly, Ron volunteered to go help her with whatever mystery tasks she had to attend to. This left Harry and Hermione alone in the spacious living room.

“Hermione?”

“Yes, Harry,” Hermione said, sighing, as well. She feared the worst at this point.

“You know more than I do,” Harry said. It was a sort of a question, sort of an accusation.

“Well, Harry, you tend to goof off quite a bit when it comes to your studies . . .”

“Hermione, you know what I mean.” She faltered under his gaze. How could she not tell him?

“Alright, alright. Remember how I told you I was to start training to be an Enchantress?” Harry nodded, Hermione continued. “Well, it turns out that you sister is my mentor. She and I have had a few discussions about everything during our lessons. She’s brilliant, your sister.” Hermione beamed at him.

“Okay, but what has she told you?”

“Well, obviously, I can’t tell you everything Harry. She did tell me about some stuff, though.” Hermione seemed to find her hands very interesting for as much as she was looking at them.

“Hermione,” Harry said, gently. “I need to know about my sister. She’s not here to do it. Please, Hermione, tell me something.”

“Like what, Harry? What is the one thing that can possible not wait?” She wasn’t mean or ill willed about Harry’s question. She wanted nothing more than to tell him everything she knew. However, she couldn’t do that just yet. Aurora needed to be the one to tell him any of this stuff. Sorting out her dilemmas in her head wasn’t working either. She wished Aurora were there, but then she wouldn’t have a problem.

“I’ll make you a promise, Harry. When Aurora comes back, I’ll make sure she tells you everything she can. I just can’t be the one to tell you. You understand, don’t you?”

Harry didn’t, not really. However, the burden shouldn’t be Hermione’s, so he let it go. Ron and Professor McGonagall came back after a while. Harry and Hermione had entertained ideas about the potential of Unicorn Ranch for the rest of the summer.

Fawkes, who was becoming a usual sight for Harry, came flying in through the window and landed near Professor McGonagall. Sighing, Professor McGonagall took the message off of his leg and went into another room. Fawkes turned to the trio and stared at Harry. It was as if the Phoenix was trying to tell him something.

“What’s wrong with him?” Ron asked. Harry shook his head, not understanding the magical creature. The phoenix had been around Dumbledore for years, possibly centuries. Everyone had thought at one time or another that the bird would seem as crazy as Dumbledore sometimes seemed to be. Fawkes just stared at Harry, as if there was no one else in the room. Hermione still sat beside him. Ron sat on a chair nearby. Professor McGonagall soon returned.

“Aurora will be okay,” she said, smiling. “They’ll all be coming here within a couple of hours. Why don’t you three get ready?”

“What’s there to get ready for?” Ron asked. Hermione threw a pillow at him and Ron quieted down. “Okay, okay, I get it.” Hermione led the way upstairs like she owned the place, or at least knew it very, very well. She pointed out a huge bathroom for both Harry and Ron to clean up in while Hermione went down the hall.

Before they knew, Harry and Ron had fallen asleep on the respective couches that had been placed in the bathroom. They heard a knocking and Hermione walked in. “You two have been here all this time. Did you know that it was morning, already? Let’s go, people are waiting.”

They were surprised to see a group of people in the living room, despite Hermione’s warning. “Aurora?” Harry asked, since he couldn’t see her.

“I’m right here, Harry,” she said, coming from the kitchen into the living room. She was dressed in very nice robes; they sparkled and shined from the sunlight that had started shining through the windows. “We’ll talk later, Harry. I don’t have the required energy right now.”

It was quite noticeable that she limbed when she walked. Everyone else, however, could be found dancing and singing all through the first floor of the house. “What’s going on?” Ron and Harry remained on the stairs as Hermione went off to help Professor McGonagall get everyone breakfast.

Ron nudged Harry. “There are an awful lot of women here. I wonder what for?” Harry only shrugged. At the same time, however, they had spotted Alia Roman. She had been the Witch that had taken Snape away from Aurora’s room. Snape was beside her. He seemed to still be in shackles.

“Ah, there he is, Albus,” Alia said, pointing to the stairs. Albus looked at the stairs and smiled at the two young men. He waved them over, a flute glass of champagne in his hand.

“Professor,” Ron asked, “what are we celebrating?”

“Aurora’s return, for one, Mr. Weasley,” Albus said, putting an arm around his shoulder, “Harry’s family, as small as it is, for another. Of course, the presence of the Council of Enchantress’ here at Unicorn Ranch.” Albus smiled. “You two remember Alia Roman, of course,” Albus said, with a sweeping gesture towards the Enchantress. “She is the head of the Council of Enchantress’.”

“That makes her Aurora’s boss, doesn’t it,” Harry said.

“Nothing gets past you Potter,” Snape said, sarcastically. Alia turned to Snape, a frown on her lovely face, and poked him in the shoulder. Snape went down to his knees, yelling in pain. Harry and Ron smiled.

“You’ll have to teach us how to do that,” Ron said. He stopped, after catching Professor Dumbledore’s eye.

“No need to teach you, lad,” Alia said, her smiled returned. “Aurora, over there, can take care of Snape better than I can. She’ll be around him the whole term. You tell everyone to go to her with complaints of Snape. He steps out of line too bad, then I’ll intervene.”

“Now, now, Alia,” Albus said, “there’s no need for all that. I’m sure that Professor Snape has learned his lesson well.” Snape took several minutes to stand up. Harry and Ron took a step back. “Professor Snape will be punished at Hogwarts, of course, for his actions against a fellow teacher. However, that will between him, myself, and the Enchantress Aurora.”

“Ms. Roman,” Harry said. “I was wondering about something. I haven’t had a chance to ask Aurora, but maybe you can help.” Alia smiled even more (which didn’t seem possible) and looked eager for the chance to help. “What’s an Enchantress anyway? I mean, what’s difference between an Enchantress and a witch? Let me think of an example. Okay, Ginny, Ron’s sister, is not in training to be an Enchantress. Hermione is. What’s the difference between to two of them?”

“Nothing really,” Alia said, without hesitation. “I’m sure the Mrs. Weasley could do an excellent job if given the chance. So few young ladies are, I’m afraid, given the chance, that is.” She accepted another drink from Bill, who had Ginny in tow. Albus smiled at her and Ginny went around and stood between Ron and Harry as if she had been there the whole time. “As I was saying,” Alia said, “it’s a matter of criteria. Take your sister, Aurora, Harry. We asked your parents shortly after Aurora’s birth. I believe we tracked them down to the hospital in Ireland. We had a long talk with your parents. The agreed, of course, but Aurora didn’t get to see much of Lily and James. It’s a shame, really.”

Harry didn’t say anything. He didn’t know what to say. Aurora hadn’t known their parents either. Oddly, that made him slightly happy. More so, however, it made him sad. Aurora missed out on their parents, too. Wait. . .

“So, that means Aurora wasn’t at the house when . . .”

“That’s right, Harry, we had her, safe and sound. Had we known. . .” Alia trailed off. “Things may have been different. No use dwelling in the past, however. There’s lots of time later for chitchats. We have a war to be fighting.” She walked away, Severus Snape in tow. Harry was glad he hadn’t said anything. Then again, maybe Snape couldn’t say anything.
Discussions and Definitions by Kairos Devan
CHAPTER NINE

They followed Alia Roman into another large room down the hall which she told everyone would be called the “meeting room.” The Enchantresses present (and there were many of them) took up one side of the room. There was a small table near the front of men, Harry had no idea who they were. The rest of the room was taking up by the Order of the Phoenix and to Harry’s surprise, the DA.

“Hey, Harry,” Neville Longbottom called out, “over here.” Harry, Ron, and Hermione made their way over to the DA as Alia Roman called everyone’s attention to the front of the room.

“We have many great organizations gathered for a great cause. We, of course, have the Council of Enchantresses. We are honored by a small group of Enchanters as well. The Order of the Phoenix, under the lead of Albus Dumbledore, who have been doing most of the fighting. Also, a group just recently formed, The DA, or Dumbledore’s Army.”

There were murmurs among the different groups until Alia claimed their attention once again. “We are here for a noble cause. Many of us, if any of us at all, may not return. Just know this, it is for the greater good. We are here to take down Tom Riddle and his forces. Let it be known, we will prevail!”

The room was in an uproar of enthusiastic agreement. Harry watched his sister and wondered if he was ever going to get to know her. They were already making plans for the destruction and downfall of the proverbial darkside. What if Aurora didn’t make it back? Or the other way around? Why were things so complicated?

*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry found Aurora in the library of the Ranch as he was walking around that night. She was drinking from a goblet with a heavy book on her lap. He watched her from the door. He could see bits of his mom and dad in her. He had enough pictures to be able to tell that. It’s just that he couldn’t figure out why no one every mentioned her, not even in passing.

“Harry, don’t stand there, gawking from the doorway. You can gawk at me from this chair across from me. I don’t mind, really.” Harry smiled to himself as he made his way over. “You probably have lots of questions. It’s understandable. I’ve told Alia I’m not doing anything else until you and I understand each other. So, ask any question that you wish.” She took another drink from her goblet, pulled a face, and then set it down with a thump, looking at him expectantly.

“Well, I was wondering about Mom and Dad. Do you remember them?” She nodded, making Harry smile. “What were they like?”

“Wonderful,” she said, “they were absolutely wonderful. Of course, I grew up with Alia and some of Mom and Dad’s other friends. I heard stories all the time. Albus came to visit me a lot, taught more than you’ll ever know. It was hard, hearing all the stories and not being able to ask mom and dad. My best friend, Kailey, and I use to pretend that our parents were alive. She had lost her parents, too. So the two of us would listen to the stories and then pretend like they were still alive. No one knew, except for Alia. That woman knows everything.”

Harry smiled at that, she made Alia sound like a female Dumbledore. “We, Kailey and I, spent much of are time growing up traveling and training all over the world. We always imagined what it would be like if they were traveling with us. I knew about you, of course, but never really thought about you. Anyway, Alia took me to Potter Mansion for my sixth birthday. Grandpa Potter was there. He told me that my parents ghosts inhabit the cabin they have by the lake on the property. Kailey stayed with Grandpa and I went out to the cabin. We had a nice long talk. They recently moved to the cabin by Lake Kneazle here at the Ranch. We’ll go see them tomorrow.”

“Couldn’t we go right now?”

“No, they aren’t there right now,” she said, sadly, “they’ve gone to play spy for us.” She picked the goblet up again and drained it. “Anyway, after that we went searching for Kailey’s parents. Kailey’s were still alive and she wanted to give up her Enchantress status. Her parent’s talked her out of it, though. She was okay until the Death Eaters snatched me up.”

“Yeah, how did that happen anyway?”

“I was thinking about you,” Aurora said, staring at him. “I had just gotten obsessed with you. How would you take having a family after all of this time? Had you grown up tailing me, would things have been different? How did Aunt Petunia treat you? You were like this little light following me everywhere, I was obsessed. I asked Albus several times to bring you over. I was on duty, protecting someone, when I got obsessed over you again. Well, some Death Eaters caught me off guard.”

“Bill said something about you not sleeping well,” Harry mentioned, sheepishly. She nodded. “You knew where I was. Why didn’t you just come to find me?”

“I didn’t know what Albus had told them. I guess I was a little scared. I didn’t know what you thought. I didn’t know how you acted or anything. I was just scared.”

“Okay, this is driving me nuts,” Harry said, “Just what is an Enchantress anyway?”

Aurora laughed at the frankness her little brother had just displayed. “Hmm, well, an Enchantress is just like a witch. That means we can come from parents who are an Enchantress or Enchanter, just plain witches or wizards, or even muggles. The thing is, we basically control the magic that’s floating around all over the world. If there wasn’t a group controlling it, maintaining it, it could be lost forever. See, magic likes to float around and do what it wants. Of course, as long as people still use it, it’ll stick around. We don’t know what would happen if it decided to go elsewhere. We have more power because we are more directly. . .I don’t know. . .plugged into the magic. Have you ever gotten a letter from the Ministry because of, um, let’s say underage magic? Well, they only knew because we told them. We control the magic and basically the ministry. Recently, it’s about time really, we’ve decided to intervene with the Dark Arts. See, we control it all but have to stay neutral. We can’t help the good guys without helping the bad guys.” She sighed. “It is complicated.”

They talked the rest of the night, through till morning, without stopping or realizing the time. Bill smiled from the doorway, where he had listened to them in hiding the whole time. “About time, really,” he thought, “maybe now we can get down to business.”
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4889