The Newest Addition by GobletGirl
Summary: This is a little sequel to The Way Life Should Be...Hope you enjoy.
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2270 Read: 2130 Published: 04/16/06 Updated: 04/18/06

1. The Newest Addition by GobletGirl

The Newest Addition by GobletGirl
8 months after The Way Life Should Be

**********

Harry Potter, an international Quidditch star and Defeater-of-He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, stared down at the sleeping form of his very pregnant wife, Ginny. Her auburn hair spilled over the pillow, her chocolate eyes hidden from view and her mouth slightly open. Harry thought he had never seen a more beautiful sight. He lightly kissed her temple and slowly climbed out of bed. He walked into the bathroom and stepped into the shower thinking over the long day ahead of him. Today was James’s birthday, his oldest son was turning ten…only one more year and he would head off to Hogwarts. Harry shook his head hardly believing he would soon have a son at Hogwarts. It seemed like just yesterday that he had met Ron on the train and they had saved Hermione from a mountain troll, then came battling everything from three-headed dogs named Fluffy to giant spiders to Death Eaters. He only hoped his children would have much quieter life at Hogwarts. As he dried his hair, he stepped back into the bedroom to see Ginny sitting up in bed reading the latest copy of Witch Weekly. She looked up and smiled as he entered the bedroom, “Good morning. You know that you are once again on the cover of Witch Weekly.”

He kissed her before replying, “Well with these good looks what else would you expect?”

“Oh yes. I mean you have been The Sexiest Wizard Alive…how many times has it been now?”

“I believe it has been 15,” Harry replied while pulling his shirt over his head.

“Oh I must be the luckiest woman in the world to be married to The Sexiest Wizard Alive. And I am having you child…once again. Oh I am special,” she grinned. She kissed him before heading to the bathroom. “Can you get the kids ready for the party, love?”

“Of course. You know you are pretty lucky,” he yelled through the bathroom door.

“I know. But you are also very lucky.”

“That I am,” he replied softly before heading towards his sons’ room. He opened their door to see them both sitting on the floor. James was in the middle of teaching his brother, Will, how to play Wizard’s Chess. “You see the object of the game is to get a checkmate.”

“A check what?” Will asked the confusion showing on his face.

“A checkmate. I am sure your Uncle Ron could explain it. He always did beat me when it came to Wizard’s Chess so I probably would be of little help,” Harry spoke up and walked over to where his sons were sitting. “And how is my birthday boy?”

“Great, Dad. So when is the party?” James asked jumping up and down.

“In a couple hours. All your cousins, aunts, and uncles should be arriving soon. So why don’t you two go downstairs, while I get you sisters up. Ok?”

“Alright,” the boys replied as they ran from the room and down the stairs. Harry laughed as he heard them talking about the party as if it were Christmas. He continued down the hall to Lily and Sam’s room. He woke and got the girls dressed before heading downstairs. They all walked into the kitchen to see Ginny preparing a cake, while James and Will sat at the table munching on some biscuits. “I see you are all cleaned up,” Harry replied walking over to where Ginny was working and sitting up on the counter.

“Well once The Sexiest Wizard Alive was out of my hair it was quite easy. Now get off the counter and go decorate,” Ginny grinned.

“Yes, ma’am,” Harry replied jumping off the counter and heading outside to decorate for what was sure to be a wild party.

**********

Two hours later, the party was in full swing. The only people who had yet to arrive were Hermione, Ron, and their two children. Hermione had flooed earlier to tell them that they would be late because Ron had gotten home late from Auror duty the night before and she had decided to let him sleep in. “You know how your brother loves his sleep and with Matt we both have been a bit sleep deprived,” Hermione had told her sister-in-law.

“I complete understand. With a six month old, sleep is always important,” Ginny had responded.

Now in the backyard of the Potter house was a ton of little red-headed children (plus the birthday boy who was the only one had jet black hair and to say the least you could pick out in the sea of red). While the children (plus Fred and George because we all know they are children at heart) were running around the backyard, the adults were catching up. However, a scream ripped through the backyard. Will was running towards a tall, lanky man with auburn hair screaming, “Uncle Ron.” Ron did not miss a beat as he scooped the young boy up. “Uncle Ron, what is a checkmaid?”

“A checkmaid?” Ron asked, obviously confused.

“Yeah, James was trying to teach me. He said something about kings and queens. Daddy said you would be able to explain it to me.” Will explained visibly excited about learning what exactly a checkmaid was.

“Oh, you mean a checkmate. And your dad was right I could explain it much better than him. He was never any good at chess. I always beat him,” Ron said smugly.

“Let us all bow to the Chess King,” Harry replied sarcastically before going into a very over-the-top bow.

Ron put Will down and knocked Harry over the head. “Shut it.”

“What I was just giving credit were credit is due, oh Great Chess King,” Harry said while straightening up.

“Will you two stop. I swear you guys are worse than the kids,” Ginny replied while walking over to Hermione. “Now let me see my little nephew.” Hermione handed Matthew Scott to Ginny. “He is getting so big, Hermione.”

“I know,” Hermione sighed looking down at her 6 month old son. Matt was like a little replica of his father and everyone could already see that Ron had high Quidditch dreams for him. Today, little Matt had on a tiny Cannons jersey with his uncle’s name on the back.

“Why did you have to get my jersey?” Harry asked looking at the little one.

“Because it is funny,” Ron replied simply.

Harry chose to ignore him and turned to his niece. “Hello Miss Hannah. How are you?”

“I am great, Uncle Harry. Where should I put this?” she asked holding out a present.

“Well, since everyone is here, we should open presents now. Sound good James?” Harry replied.

“Yes! Presents!” James yelled grabbing his father’s and pulling him towards the present table.

“Alright I am coming,” Harry laughed. James quickly opened his presents. He had gotten everything from candy to some his uncles’ new products (which Ginny eyed wearily knowing what had happened last time her sons had gotten a hold of some of her brothers’ products). “Ok James, one more present,” Harry said while pulling out a package shaped oddly like a broomstick. He handed it to James. He ripped into the package and screamed in delight when he pulled out the latest broom, PhoniexFlame. He ran to his parents and grabbed them both thanking them over and over.

“Well, if my son is getting ready to go to Hogwarts then he is going to need the best broom there is,” Harry replied. “Well go take it for a ride.” James took off grabbing the broom with all of his cousins following behind him.

“I will go get the cake,” Ginny said kissing the top of Harry’s head as she walked into the kitchen. Everyone was watching the kids as they flew around the yard on brooms, whether it was toy brooms or actual brooms. That was until a scream erupted through the air. This time though it was not a pleasant scream. “HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY.” Harry looked toward the house realizing it was Ginny. He jumped up and ran towards the house as fast as he could. He burst into the kitchen to find the cake on the floor and Ginny leaning over the table holding onto her stomach.

“Gin, love, what is wrong?” Harry asked running over to her and helping her into a chair.

“Baby…coming…now,” Ginny panted in obvious pain.

“Now?!? But you aren’t due for another two weeks,” Harry replied, clearly panicked.

“Well this isn’t really my choice but this baby is coming right now whether you like it or not. So, GET ME TO ST. MUNGO’S NOW!”

“Ok,” Harry’s instincts finally kicked in. He turned to the door to find the entire party looking in, his children being held by their grandparents. “Mum, can you watch the children while I get Gin to the hospital? I will have Ron floo here when they can come.”

“Of course dear. You go ahead,” Mrs. Weasley smiled at her only son-in-law.

Harry then turned to his children, “Ok guys I have to take mommy to St. Mungo’s because the baby is coming. I want you to stay here with Mema and Papa until Uncle Ron comes to get you alright?”

“Ok dad,” the children replied. Harry kissed each of them and turned to Ron, who immediately ran to get Ginny’s bag. “I’ll meet you two there,” he yelled on his way upstairs. Harry already had Ginny over in the fireplace on their way to St. Mungo’s.

**********

James stood pacing in front of the fireplace. “Son, why don’t you come help me teach Will how to play chess?” Mr. Weasley said from his seat at the table. James stopped pacing and walked over to his grandpa.

“What is taking so long, papa?” James asked the worry clear in his voice.

“These things take time, James. I am sure everything is fine. Now help me teach Will.” James reluctantly agreed and sat down next to his grandpa. After about fifteen minutes, a very frazzled Ron appeared out of the fireplace. The children all ran up to him talking at once.

“Calm down kids. Your mum and dad are perfectly fine and I am happy to report,” he started looking around the room, “That this family has a new addition. So come on kids, I am sure you want to meet your new sibling.” They all nodded their agreement and before long the entire Potter/Weasley clan was walking toward the New Delivery Ward at St. Mungo’s. Finally, they reached a door marked Potter. “Well go on in kids.” James reached down and took Lily and Sam’s hands as Will opened the door.

Harry looked up as the door opened and was very happy to see his children. “Come here guys and meet your new sister, Elizabeth Anne.” He picked up Lily and Sam and put them on the bed next to their mother and picked Will up so he could see. Elizabeth was a tiny female version of Harry. Even now you could see her jet black hair and her dazzling green eyes. When James saw her hair, he exclaimed, “Look, now I am not the only one with black hair.”

“You sure aren’t, son,” Harry laughed ruffling his son’s already messy hair. “You know what else James?” James shook his head. “Now you and Elizabeth have the same birthday.” James’ face lit up.

“Awesome. She is really cute,” James replied.

“Yeah she looks like,” Sam started

“Us,” Lily finished. Everyone laughed and Harry decided it was about time the rest of the family got to meet the Newest Addition to the Potter/Weasley family. He walked to the door and opened it. “Come on in everyone and meet Elizabeth.”

**********

Later that night after everyone had gone home Harry and Ginny sat in a magically expanded bed with all of their children spread out across it sleeping. James lay next to his mother, Will next to his father, Lily and Sam down at the end of the bed, and little Elizabeth in her father’s arms. “You know no matter how many times I hold one of my children in my arms it could never get old,” Harry said as he looked over at Ginny whose head was on his shoulder.

“I know what you mean. Our kids are amazing,” She paused. “You know Witch Weekly will really love this…I mean you just need two more children and you could have your own Quidditch team.”

“Well, we should work on that because we both now I live to please Witch Weekly,” Harry added. “But that really isn’t such a bad idea…my own Quidditch team. It has possibilities.”

“Oh now look what I started. I am sorry I said anything,” Ginny grinned. Harry just laughed.

“Why don’t you go to sleep and I will go put Elizabeth in her bassinet,” Harry replied slowly getting up and trying not to wake any of his children.

“Ok goodnight love,” Ginny replied rolling over and falling asleep almost instantly. Harry placed the sleeping Elizabeth in her bassinet and gently kissed her forehead before turning back to his sleeping wife. ‘I really am the luckiest man alive,’ Harry thought as he looked at his children and then the love of his life before turning off the light and going to sleep himself.

The End

**********

A/N: There you have it, a little sequel to The Way Life Should Be. Hope you enjoyed.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=49114