Heaven was Needing a Hero by halfblood_princess_3
Summary: Well, this is a short song fic. that i wrote based on Jo Dee Messina's song Heaven was needing a hero.It was meant to be a brief story rather than something lengthy and I hope you like it.It is a H/G fic also.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 826 Read: 2503 Published: 05/27/06 Updated: 06/05/06

1. My Hero by halfblood_princess_3

My Hero by halfblood_princess_3
Author's Notes:
Disclamer:Well ,as cool as it would be to own at least one character from Harry Potter...I dont sorry.
It happened so fast. Ginny didn’t even have time to think or respond. All she could do was stare at the boy she loved suffer the wrath of those vile death-eaters. She was the only one around to witness it and she had been hexed. Ginny looked around, waiting for Ron and Hermione to come and save them, but they were no where to be found. She couldn’t utter a word to yell, or scream out for help. She took one more look around as the room grew darker and darker until she drifted into unconsciousness.

Ginny woke up in a panic until she realized she was in a hospital room surrounded by her family.

“Where am I. What’s going on?” she asked in confusion.

“You took a hard blow to the head. We came just in time for you, but we can’t say the same for Harry,” Hermione answered as she pointed to the opposite side of the room. “We’ll be leaving now if you want to visit and maybe say goodbye. He won’t live much longer Gin I’m sorry.” She said this with a quiver in her voice

She walked over to his bed and had seen what she had feared the most. He laid there lifeless holding on to life by a thread.

“I’m so sorry, Harry, I could have done more to save you,” she said in a mournful tone of voice. But he did not reply to her.

She sat there waiting for a response, just a glance at hope. Nothing happened. He had sacrificed himself to save her and everyone else. She stared at Harry for what seemed like hours but soon fell asleep in a chair next to his hospital bed. She wished she wouldn’t have to wake up unless he was there with her, smiling with her, laughing with her. But it was just a matter of time…
***********************************************************************
I came by today to see you
I had to let you know
If I knew the last time I held you was the last time,
I’d have held you and never let go

It’s kept me awake at nights, wondering
Lie in the dark, asking why
I’ve always been told
You won’t be called home
Until it’s your time

I guess heaven was needing a hero
Somebody just like you
Brave enough to stand up
For what you believe
And follow it through
When I try to make it make sense in my mind
The only conclusion I come to
Is that heaven was needing a hero
Like you

**********
She peacefully dreamed of him. The first time he had kissed her and how she never wanted to let go. She dreamed about his emerald green eyes and how they could see into her soul. She refused to let go of him, of the one boy that had made her feel like every day was a dream. She thought back to the first time she had met him. She was just a shy little girl with a crush on the famous Harry Potter. Although Ginny had grown up since that time of her life, she still couldn’t help feeling that joyful emotion whenever he was near her, whenever he spoke, and at the mere sight of him.
**********
I remember the last time I saw you
You held your head up proud
I laughed inside
When I saw how you were standing out in the crowed
You’re such a part of who I am
Now that part will just be a void
No matter how much I need you now
Heaven needed you more

**********
Ginny opened her eyes hoping that she would meet his but yet again, nothing. She knew he was gone and there was no denying it. One more look at him forced tears in her eyes. She couldn’t bear the truth. He’s actually gone. She had no choice but to say goodbye no matter how much it hurt her on the inside because the Boy-Who-Lived would live no more.
**********
Cause heaven was needing a hero
Somebody just like you
Brave enough to stand up
For what you believe
And follow it through
When I try to make it make sense in my mind
The only conclusion I come to
Is that heaven was needing a hero
Like you

**********
She kissed him on his forehead and walked out of the room silently to the waiting room where her parents would be sitting along with Ron and Hermione, for Ginny wasn’t the only one that he had left behind. She had known that she will have to let him go sooner or later. Unfortunately his time came sooner. Ginny bid farewell to a hero that lay unforgotten in her heart. She knew she would be meeting up with him soon enough.
**********
Heaven was needing a hero
And that’s you


***End***
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=51483