True Love Waits by Narwen3
Summary: When Harry graduates, he asks Ginny a question. Getting an unexpected answer, he's left to face real life alone. Finally, he must grow up, without Ginny at his side. Sequel to "To See You Through The Dark."
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 14463 Read: 22206 Published: 06/04/06 Updated: 02/12/07

1. Graduation by Narwen3

2. Flying With the Cannons by Narwen3

3. Halloween by Narwen3

4. Wedding Preparation by Narwen3

5. The Wedding by Narwen3

6. Christmas by Narwen3

7. Back to Hogwarts by Narwen3

Graduation by Narwen3
Author's Notes:
Here we go again!
When Harry started his seventh year, it was a much subdued school that he returned to. Dumbledore's death had left a great hole at Hogwarts, but his dying words had been right. He would never be gone as someone there was still loyal to him. Shortly after he died, Professor McGonagall was appointed to the position of Headmistress.

The Weasley family had gone through some major changes as well. Several months after the marriage of Fred and Angelina, twin girls were born. Not so surprisingly, neither one had the red Weasley hair. Fred still ran Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes with George and a couple more shops had opened across England.

Bill and Fleur had married and were living in France where they were expecting their first child.

Charlie had stopped chasing dragons and was nor a Ministry official on Dangerous Animals. After working closely with Tonks in the Order, the two had married shortly before the birth of Tonks' son with Lupin. He'd been named Remus Charles after both his fathers.

At Hogwarts, Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione were closer than ever. Harry spent the year with his biggest worry being the Quidditch Cup, which they won due to Ron's Keeping skills. Ron didn't make Head Boy but remained a prefect. Hermione was Head Girl, a position she shared with the Head Boy, Ernie McMillan. Ginny continued to have visions, the phsyical and emotion pain never lessening, though with the help of Harry, Ron, and Hermione, she got through it.

Now, they had reached the big day, the last hour, the final minute. Graduation had come and they were moving on. All except for Ginny, who had decided after the war to continue in her dream to become a Healer. She was to be left behind, but Harry couldn't let go completely.

As celebrations went on that night, both Harry and Ron knew that there was something that they each must do.

Harry approached Ginny nervously.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Weasley," he said to her mother. "Can I borrow Ginny for a little."

Mrs. Weasley smiled. "Of course, Harry dear." She winked at him, knowing what he had planned. Ginny stood up and they left the building, hand in hand.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey," Ron whispered to Hermione. "Should we go patrol the halls once more?"

Hermione laughed softly as they made their exit, sneaking away from where her parents were speaking with Neville's grandmother. She missed the knowing look that they gave her.

"Where are we going?" she asked as they turned away from where they usually patrolled.

"You'll see," he said mysteriously and she laughed again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry and Ginny wandered barefoot along the side of the lake where the moon was reflected in it's still surface.

"It's so beautiful here," Harry said, breaking the silence. "How can we all just leave this?"

Ginny smiled. "That's easy for you to say. You're the one going ahead. You're my best friend Harry, and my boyfriend. But you're leaving me, and I'll have no one."

Harry surreptitiously reached into his pocket.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ron and Hermione stopped in a hallway in front of a blank wall.

"What are we doing here?" Hermione asked. Ron said nothing and opened the door to the Room of Requirement.

Lit only by candlelight, the room had a soft glow. Soft music played from an old phonograph and there was an empty space in the middle of the room.

Ron turned and bowed to her. "May I ask a dance of this lovely lady?" he asked with mock formality.

Hermione responded in kind. "Good sir, I accept this offer." She moved to wrap her arms around his neck.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry pulled a small cedar wood box from his pocket and knelt onto one knee.

"Ginny, I've known you for seven years and I feel as if I've loved you for longer. I'm graduating and I won't see you until next Christmas. Voldemort's gone and our last threat is rounding up the remaining Death Eaters. I can't start my Auror training without knowing. . ."

As Harry continued to speak, he didn't notice the look in Ginny's eyes. It was distant and far seeing as if she was focused on something illusive, that Harry could not see.

Harry opened the box. "Ginny, will you marry me?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ron dipped Hermione down low as the music slowed to a stop.

"When did you learn to dance?" she asked as he pulled her back up.

"Earlier today," he replied. "My mum taught me."

The phonograph started again and they danced a couple minutes more.

"You know, Hermione, we've graduated."

"Well-spotted," she said, jokingly.

"We'll separate tomorrow," he continued seriously. "Harry and I will go start our Auror training and it will be months before I will see you. You'll get a job and I'll be an Auror. We'll never be able to each other once that happens. Life will separate us."

"I don't want that to happen," Hermione said quietly into his shoulder.

"Neither do I. I love you, Hermione."

Hermione looked up at him. "So, what can we do about it?"

Ron smiled. "I've been working on that for awhile, actually." He pulled something from his pocket. "Close your eyes."

She complied.

"I've always loved you and I can't go another day like this." He slid a golden ring with a small diamond onto her finger. As he did, her eyes flew open.

"Hermione, I want you to marry me at Christmas."

Tears wee falling from her eyes as she nodded and threw her arms around his neck.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ginny looked away longer than Harry felt was necessary.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"Harry, I'm not even seventeen yet. I'm not ready for marriage."

"I know. But I've talked it over with your parents and we can wait until you're ready, after you graduate."

"No, Harry," she said gently. "I'm not ready to agree to something like this. And I know you're not."

"I'm ready," Harry insisted. "Ginny, we've been dating for two years! Don't you think that it's time to take the plunge?" He grabbed her hand.

"After facing Voldemort, I understand better how important you are to me. I can't lose you."

Ginny met his gaze, tears pooling in her eyes. "Harry, if the whole purpose of you asking me to marry you is so that we can "take the plunge," then I'm positive that you aren't ready for this."

Harry swallowed hard. "What do you mean?"

"I can't marry a little boy."

That hurt a lot. "Little boy?" he asked, seething.

Ginny turned her back to him, disappointed. "Harry, you've given me no reason to believe that you are ready for marriage, but I love you. If I knew for a surety that you were prepared for this, you might be able to persuade me as well." She waited, but Harry said nothing.

"I guess you have your answer. I'm sorry, Harry." She kissed him on the cheek but he turned away. Purposefully, she headed back to the castle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was late when Harry finally returned to the common room. The fire was dying down and two figures were seated on the couch. Harry came around and smiled, though the smile seemed rather forced.

Hermione held up her left hand and the tiny diamond caught the firelight.

"Well done," Harry said heartily. Hermione stood up and he hugged her.

"I'm really happy for you." He released her and Ron extended his hand.

"Congratulations mate," Harry said, then he pulled Ron into a quick embrace.

"Ginny?" Ron asked quietly. Harry shook his head and Ron's face fell.

"It'll be okay," Harry said, clapping his best mate on the shoulder.

"What will?" Hermione asked, curiously.

"Nothing," Harry said, with a half smile. "So, when's the big day?"

"Christmas," Hermione replied.

"Like I said, I'm thrilled for you both. Now, it's late and I think I'll head up to bed."

Harry turned and slowly walked out of the room and up the stairs.

"What's the matter with him?" Hermione asked.

Ron sighed. "Ginny said no."

"He asked her?"

Ron nodded. "Yeah, poor bloke."

"Will he be alright?"

Ron put an arm around her. "I don't know. I just don't know."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At breakfast the following morning, Professor McGonagall stood to make an announcement.

"Would the graduating seventh years please stay after you eat for a brief assembly?"

The assembly, it turned out, wasn't as brief as expected. Professor McGonagall droned on for a quite a long time, enumerating the many responsibilites that they as adults would have to take on. However, something she said at the end struck Harry strongly.

"We'll face much loss and disappointment in the years to come. Never regret it. As Professor Dumbledore once said, 'Don't look back on the wound, but learn from the pain. That is where you will find your peace.'"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The trio stood alone, standing before the doors as they prepared to leave the school for the last time.

"Do you remember the first time we came here?" Hermione asked.

"Eleven years old," Harry said. "Our whole lives were spent here, growing up, developing our powers." He glanced at Ron and Hermione, holding hands. "Learning to love and learning to let go. How can we leave it?"

"By knowing that what's ahead of us is better than what is behind." Kyla Thomas walked up behind them. "I wasn't here nearly long enough, but I'll miss it." She smiled at them.

"I'm not coming back next year. I've signed on with the Cannons. Training starts this summer."

She shook Harry's hand, then Ron's, and embraced Hermione.

"I'll miss you," she said. "It's been great."

As she walked away, they turned to watch Neville saying goodbye to Luna. Dean walked by with Lavendar and Parvati and they called out their goodbyes.

Hermione sighed. "I guess we're the only one's left."

She gripped Ron's hand on her left and Harry's on her right. As one, they crossed the threshold into a new world.




Woot! Another one begun. To maintain tradition, here we go with the first spoiler!

"She's been. . .dating-"

"Who?" Harry asked, urgently."


There ya go, and please review!
Flying With the Cannons by Narwen3
Author's Notes:
*Hangs head in shame at delay*
October



"Hey, Ron!" Harry called across their living room. All those in the Auror training program had been assigned to dorm rooms on campus. At the moment, Harry and Ron's flat was cluttered with dirty clothes, old pizza boxes, and empty butterbeer bottles.



"What?" Ron yelled from the kitchen.



"Don't you think we should tidy up a little before Hermione gets here?"



"Tidy up what?" asked Ron, sticking his head out the door.



Harry looked pointedly at the mess around him and Ron shrugged. "It's not that bad."



"Not that bad?" Harry laughed. "Ron, something could have died in here and we would never notice."



"I think it's okay," said Ron. "Hermione won't be here that long, anyway."



"What time does the game start?"



"Eight!" Ron yelled, disappearing into the bathroom.



Harry shook his head as he half-heartedly pushed a few pizza boxes around. As they usually did when he was alone, his thoughts turned to Ginny. What was she doing now? He hadn't seen her since that day in June when he'd proposed. Harry closed his eyes and pictured her face: her warm brown eyes, the freckless scattered carelessly across her nose. Her hair would be longer, it's dark red strands falling down her back. A knocking at the door interrupted his daydream. Shaking his head to clear the image, he rose to answer.



"Hey, Hermione," he said, letting her in.



"Hello, Harry. Are you ready to- Oh for pity's sake!"



Hermione shook her head. "This place is a disaster!" She whipped out her wand and uttered an incantation.



Ten seconds later, the flat was clean. Ron walked out of the bathroom and yelped. "What happened in here!"



"The same thing that happens every time Hermione comes," Harry said, amused. "She cleaned it."



"But. . .I had everything where I could find it!" Ron protested.



Hermione shook her head disapprovingly. "Come on, we're going to be late."



Without another word, she disapparated and the boys were quick to follow.



They appeared a moment later at the Quidditch pitch.



"So," Ron said as they stood in line for tickets. "How are things at Hogwarts?"



"To be honest, it's a little strange. I'm teaching some of my friends from last year, like Ginny and Luna."



Harry started at the mention of Ginny. "How is she?" he asked, nonchalantly. Hermione gave Ron a tortured look.



"She's uh, doing well," Hermione said evasively.



Harry narrowed his eyes. "What's wrong?" he asked.



"She's been. . .dating-"



"Who?" Harry asked, urgently.



"His name is Blake something," said Ron.



"Connor," Hermione said. "Blake Connor. He's a Ravenclaw and Head Boy."



"Have I met him?" Harry asked, dangerously.



"Not that I know of." Harry clenched his fist and Hermione stamped her foot.



"You see Harry, this is why no one wanted to tell you. We knew that you would take it hard."



"Hard?" Harry said, too lightly. "I'm fine. Ginny and I are over. I've moved on."



"Maybe you should start dating then. Get to know other people," Ron suggested as they found their seats in the stadium.



"Date? I have dates all the time."



"No, Harry," Hermione said, shaking her head. "You have fiascos. You've never gone out with a girl more than once."



"They weren't my type," he protested.



"And what is your type, Harry? she persisted. "Red hair, brown eyes? Stop me when I get warm."



"You need to get over it. Ginny's moved on, why can't you?"



"I have moved on, Ron. Let's just watch the stupid match and shut up about this."



Hermione and Ron stayed silent after that. But, Harry observed them as they sat together, holding hands, Ron brushing the hair away from Hermione's eyes, laughing and joking together. Harry wanted that more than anything. He wanted somebody to whisper and share secrets with, to sit close to and to hold. He'd had all that with Ginny, but she had to go and destroy it.



Little boy, he thought. I am not a little boy.



He would show all of them that he'd moved on. His mind made up, he turned his attention to the game.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



"Stewart gets the Snitch and the Cannons win!" The announcer was ecstatic. "Special accolades go to this team's newest Beater, 18 year old, Kyla Thomas, an astounding find of the Chudley Cannon's manager, Bob Wold!"



"Is that Kyla?" Ron asked, squinting down at the pitch.



"She said she was playing Quidditch," Hermione said. "I didn't know she was that good."



You see, Harry told himself. That's the kind of girl for you. She's smart and fun, and she plays Quidditch.



"Oh, there's Angelina!" Hermione cried. "Let's go talk to her!"



Getting up, she dragged Ron away and Harry half-heartedly followed. Backing out of the stands, he bumped into someone.



"Sorry," he said, then turned. "Hey, Kyla!"



"Harry? I didn't expect to see you here! Aren't you at training?"



Harry nodded. "Yeah, both Ron and I attend the Academy in Dublin. We're here for the game."



"Oh, Ron's here?" she asked, excitedly. "Hermione too?"



Harry laughed. "Yeah."



"Well, let's go talk to them!" Harry took her by the arm, then pulled back when he felt something wet.



"You're bleeding!"



"What?" Kyla glanced at the arm. "Oh, that. That's from the bludger that Shaw sent to me. I didn't quite dodge it, but he regretted it a moment later!"



Kyla's laugh was infectious and Harry laughed too, as they came up behind Ron and Hermione.



Kyla covered Hermione's eyes. "Guess who?" she said.



"Kyla?" Hermione turned around and squealed. "How are you?"



"I'm doing good. Hey, Ron." Ron nodded in greeting and Kyla held out a hand to Angelina. "Hey Angie, how are you feeling?"



"I've been better. The twins aren't sleeping well yet. I left Fred at home so I could have the evening off."



"Angie?" Ron said with a smile and Angelina shrugged.



"So, how do you guys know each other?" Kyla asked.



"She's my sister-in-law," Ron offered. "How do you know her?"



"I didn't know Fred was your brother. . .I suppose I could have guessed. Anyway, before the twins were born, Angie was still working at the Games and Sports Department in the Ministry. She worked with McGonagall to get me through my seventh year classes early and she got me my first job."



Angelina smiled. "Well guys, it's been fun, but I better go rescue Fred from Lara and Lacey. They can get pretty wild." Angelina hugged the girls, waved to the boys and disappeared into the crowd.



"Hey Kyla, would you like to come with us for dinner?" Harry asked. "We could catch up on old times."



"Are you sure?" I'd hate to impose."



"It wouldn't be an imposition," Hermione said, immediately. "We'd love to have you."



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



After that, Kyla readily agreed and the four made their way to a small pub near the stadium.



Over dinner, Kyla regaled them with stories of training and matches.



"I just can't believe it, Ron said, for the umpteenth time. "You suit up with the Cannons every day."



Kyla shook her head. "They're normal people, Ron. It's not that exciting."



"For you maybe," he continued. "Do you think I could meet Finch?"



"Probably," Kyla replied. "I mean, she's used to desperate men fawning all over her."



"That would be brill-hey!"



Harry and Hermione joined in with the laughter as Ron sank back into his chair dejectedly.



"I'll try to see if you can meet her," Kyla said, grinning. "The rest of the team too, if you want."



"Why all this interest in Finch?" Hermione asked, suddenly and Ron turned red.



"I-well, it could be that she's-she's-"



"Young, blonde, beautiful, and flying with the Cannons?" Harry supplied.



"Actually, what I was going to say was that she's probably conceited and would only help me to better appreciate waht a treasure I have in you Hermione."



Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Nice try, but that's not enough to get you off the hook."



When they had finished eating, they rose and fastened their cloaks about their necks.



"Why don't I take Kyla home," Harry suggested. "I can meet Ron back at the flat."



"Sounds good to me," Hermione said. "It was great to see you Kyla."



"You too," Kyla said, hugging her. "And you Ron. Don't forget, next Tuesday, just find me after practice and I'll introduce you."



"Thanks," Ron said, then Kyla and Harry disapparated.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



"Thank you for a wonderful evening," Kyla said as they apparated at her door.



"No problem. It was fun."



"When are they getting married," she asked.



"Ron and Hermione? December, sometime." Harry turned to leave.



"And what about you and Ginny? I hear she's Head Girl."



Harry stopped with his hand on the door. "We broke up," he said,shortly. "Last June."



I'm so sorry," said kyla, sincerely. She squeezed his shoulder gently. "I'll see you later Harry."



"Congratulations on your win!" he called as she went in the door. Turning around he disapparated.



The moment he left her side, thoughts of Ginny pervaded his mind.








I spun this out quickly with the hope that a lynch mob wouldn't come after me for the ridiculous delay. I can make no promises on when the next chapter is up, simply cause I don't want to have to break them. Please be patient with me and enjoy this spoiler!



"If you believe that you're the only one she'll be happy with, then fight for her love!"



Until next we meet, adieu.
Halloween by Narwen3
Author's Notes:
I'll update more once school starts, I promise!
Over the next month, Harry and Kyla went on several more dates. They were always casual affairs and Harry grew to be very fond of her. She wasn't like Ginny who could sparkle and shine at one second and blow up at the next. However, she was sweet and endearing and Harry decided that at Halloween, he would introduce Kyla to his family.

In the early afternoon of the thirty-first, Harry knocked on Kyla's door. "Wow," he said, as she opened it. "You look great."

Her blonde hair was piled carelessly on her head with strands hanging down over her ears. Her dress robes were a soft pink, accenting her dark blue eyes.

"Thanks," she said laughing. "I'm a little nervous."

"Don't be," Harry said, taking her arm. "They can't wait to meet you."

They disapparated with a pop, reappearing a second later at the Burrow.

When they walked into the building, they heard Mrs. Weasley yelling from the kitchen. Kyla glanced about nervously.

"George Weasley, if you step into this kitchen one more time with one of those wands I WILL MURDER YOU!"

George came skidding into the hallway, red-faced and panting.

"Hey, Harry, mate," he said cheerfully. "Have a nice trip?" He glanced at Kyla and grinned. "Enchanted to make your acquaintance," he added gallantly, then went running off again.

Kyla looked bewildered as they entered the kitchen. Mrs. Weasley had her back to them.

"George, so help me-" she whipped her wand out and spun around.

"Oh! Harry dear, how nice to see you. And this must be Kyla." She reached out and pulled them both into a warm hug.

"Harry has told us so much about you. You must be exhausted after your match this morning, why don't you join the family in the parlor."

"Actually, Mrs. Weasley, if you need a hand-"

"That's sweet of you dear, but I've got this under control. Harry, why don't you show her in."

Harry shrugged and lead Kyla down the hallway. They stopped at the door when they heard arguing voices.

"We have to invite them, Ron! They'll feel absolutely crushed if we don't!"

"No, Hermione. I don't want them and all their gossiping and giggling!"

As Harry opened the door, they saw Hermione and Ron sitting on opposite sides of the room arguing, while everyone else looked amused.

"Planning the wedding?" Harry asked, walking in.

"Harry, thank goodness you're here. Tell Ronal how terribly Lavendar and Parvati will feel if we don't invite them!"

"No, Hermione! If you invite them, I won't go!"

"Hollow threat, Ron, you can't not come to your own wedding."

"Hey Ron," Harry said, bitterly. "If I were you, I'd let her do what she wants and be thankful you have her."

Kyla looked away and Ron looked ashamed. Harry cleared his throat awkwardly. "Everyone, this is Kyla Thomas."

"Hello," Penny said from a rocking chair in the corner. "It's so nice to meet you."

Harry pointed to people around the room. "That's Fleur, she's Bill's wife. There's Penny and her daughter Janey. You know Angelina, Lara and Lacey. Hermione and Ron." He looked around. "Where's Fred?"

"I put him to work," Angelina siad. "He's helping George and his dad set up tables and Charlie and Tonks are running late. They didn't want to wake Remus from his nap."

"I can't say that I blame them," Penny added. "It's tough with a baby. How much longer is it for you, Fleur?"

"Four months," said Fleur. "It eez vairy 'ard to wait, but I don't look forward to 'aving to lose my sleep, either." She nudged Bill. "I'll just let Bill take care of ze baby at night."

Bill laughed and leaned forward. "You see, Ron, this is what you have to look forward to."

"Tell me about it," Ron said with a pained expression. "It's started now." He glanced over at Hermione. "I'm already being bossed around."

Everyone laughed as Hermione pretended to look offended.

"Are you okay?" Harry whispered to Kyla. "This kind of takes some getting used to."

She responded enthusiastically. "I'm fine. I love your family, they're great!"

"Well, we're not related, but they're better than the family I've got."

Suddenly, Hermione stood behind Harry. "Can I talk to you alone?" she whispered in his ear.

Excusing himself, he followed her to the hall. "What's up?" he asked.

"I've got a letter from Ginny for you." She held it out and he opened it eagerly.

Dear Harry, I hear you've been worried about me. I'm doing fine, and I'm happy. I know that they told you about Blake. Harry, he's really a great guy. You'll be able to meet him soon. I'm bringing him back to the Burrow for Christmas.

I can imagine that you were worried about my visions. To put your mind at rest, I haven't had any. Not one. I don't know why, but I guess that with Voldemort gone, there's not as much bad happening.

I'll see you at Christmas, love Ginny.


Harry looked up from the letter. "She says she's happy."

"And you don't believe her?"

"I don't know what to believe." Harry folded the letter and turned to go back to the parlor.

"Fight."

Harry turned. "What?"

"Fight for her, then. If you believe that you're the only one she'll be happy with, then fight for her love!"

"No!" Harry yelled, crumpling the letter. "I'm finished with her. I've done what you all have asked! I've moved on! I have Kyla now, I can't chase Ginny anymore!" He stopped suddenly.

"They heard that, didn't they?" he asked quietly, glancing at the door.

Hermione shook her head. "I cast a silencing charm while you were reading. Just to be safe."

Harry swore loudly, then returned to the parlor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, Kyla," Mr. Weasley leaned towards her. "What do you know about Muggles?"

"Muggles?" she questioned with a laugh. "I'm afraid I don't know much."

"Pity." Mr. Weasley looked disappointed. "Well, what does your father do?"

"He's the head of the American Branch of Gringotts. We were transferred here two years ago. He's going back to America in a couple weeks, around Christmas."

"I didn't know that," Harry said. "Will you be returning to America as well?"

"No, I"m not leaving," Kyla said. "The Cannons still need me here. We've gotten to the playoffs!"

"What a great job to get right out of school," Ron said.

"It's not as important as being an Auror and saving the world, but-"

"On the contrary," Angelina stated. "The Games and Sports Department feels that Quidditch is important for morale."

"It's just as important as what we're learning to do," Harry said. "Don't sell yourselves short."

Their conversation was interrupted as Charlie and Tonks arrived. Mrs. Weasley stood to pick up Remus who laughed, his moon-grey eyes sparkling as she hugged him close.

"Why don't you two take a seat," she suggested. "Get something to eat, I'll take care of my grandbaby." Then for Kyla's benefit, she added, "This is my son, Charlie, his wife Tonks, and this little charmer is Remus." She nuzzled his cheek and he giggled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Thank you for opening up your home to me, Mrs. Weasley," Kyla said, giving her a hug as they prepared to leave. "It's been a wonderful day, and dinner was fantastic!"

"Thank you dear," Mrs. Weasley replied. "You're welcome at our home any time." She moved on to Harry.

"Dear, it's been lovely to see you." She pulled him into a hug as well. "Bring her back for Christmas," she whispered.

"I will," he said, then went to pick up Janey who had toddled over. He tossed her into the air and caught her, giggling on the way down as Penny turned the corner.

"There you are," she scolded. "How many times, Janey, you don't run away from Mummy." She took the three year old from Harry.

"You certainly have a way with kids," she said. "These little ones absolutely adore you."

Harry shrugged. "I guess we better get going." He took Kyla's hand, not noticing the pained expressionson Mr. and Mrs. Weasleys faces.

"Goodbye you two," Mr. Weasley said. "Have a safe trip."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When they had gone, Mrs. Weasley turned to her husband. "She's a dear, sweet girl, Arthur and I can see that she's been good for Harry."

Mr. Weasley raised an eyebrow. "But?" he pressed, following her as she headed to the kitchen and began tidying up.

"I just can't shake the feeling that he's meant to be my son," she said, clearing food from the counter with a wave of her wand. "I know he still cares for Ginny."

"Molly, Ginny and Harry have moved on."

"Arthur, you should see some of the letters I get from her." Mrs. Weasley turned to face her husband. "She always wants to know how Harry is doing and as much as he likes Kyla, Harry hasn't been able to forget about Ginny."

"Dear, just let them figure it out on their own."

"They have such a special bond," she went on. "You know that I see Harry as my own son, but one day that won't be enough. He'll leave us, feeling as if he'd overstayed his welcome but if-"

Mr. Weasley placed his hands on his wife's shoulders.
"They'll figured it out. As far as I know, he's been the only one who can help her when she's having a vision. I'm just thankful that she hasn't had any this year."

Mrs. Weasley nodded. "From what Ron and Hermione have said, they're really bad."

Mr. Weasley put an arm around her as she started to cry. "Out daughter is part of a world we know nothing about. I've never even seen her have a vision. If one happens at school, she'll be all alone. I feel so helpless!"

Gently, Mr. Weasley smoothed back her hair. "Molly, our little girl is growing up and we can't stop it. She's becoming a very powerful witch."

Mrs. Weasley nodded. "We're losing her."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I had a wonderful time with you tonight," Kyla said, unlocking the door to her apartment.

"I'm glad you like them," Harry smiled.

"Your family? They're perfect. I always wished I could have lots of siblings and nieces and nephews." Kyla sighed.

"You have a brother, don't you?"

"Yeah, that's Will, but he's living in America and he doesn't plan on seeing me anytime soon."

Harry was puzzled. "Why wouldn't he?"

Kyla looked uncomfortable. "I don't like to talk about it, but I-"

Harry interrupted. "You don't need to feel obligated to tell me."

Kyla shook her head. "No, it's alright, really. When my parents divorced, Mom took Will and Dad took me. I haven't seen Will in ten years. We send each other the occasional birthday card, but you can't really call us family." Kyla shrugged. "I guess we don't try very hard. Now, can I ask you a question?"

Harry smiled. "Sure."

"You must promise to answer honestly as I did for you."

"I promise."

Kyla took a deep breath. "What happened between you and Ginny?"

Harry closed his eyes. "I don't-"

"I was honest with you."

Harry smiled. "I should have known that would come back to haunt me. I don't really know what went wrong. At the end of June, I proposed. Right after graduation."

"So that's where you two went!" Kyla exclaimed.

"Yeah," Harry replied, sadly. "Ron proposed to Hermione the same night. The only difference is Hermione said yes."

"And Ginny said no," said Kyla, quietly. "Harry, I'm so sorry. Do you still love her?"

Harry shook his head. "It's irrelevant. Besides, I already answered your question."

Kyla laughed. "Fair enough, Harry. I'll see you tomorrow."
She turned to go into the apartment.

"Kyla?"

She stopped. "Yes?"

In one swift moment, he'd drawn her close and kissed her softly on the lips. Her eyes betrayed her surprise when he pulled back.

"Good night," Harry said, backing away and disapparating.

"Good night, Harry." Kyla touched her lips and smiled as she shut the door behind her.




I don't have much to say, just gonna give you a spoiler.

"You really love Harry, don't you."
Wedding Preparation by Narwen3
Author's Notes:
Bit by bit I'll get his going. I've combined two chapters here to make up for the delay so hopefully this will be a little bit longer. Finally, we get to see our heroine again. . .and her boyfriend.
After that night, Harry and Kyla were nearly inseperable. He went to all of her games, she came to visit him and Ron and they doubled whenever Hermione could leave Hogwarts. Every night after taking her home though, Harry would walk alone, trying to sort out his confused thoughts. He felt as if he ought to love Kyla. He cared for her very much, but when she wasn't around, a brown-eyed red head seemed to permeate through his thoughts.

Kyla didn't have the vivacity that Ginny had. She was sweet and kind, but she couldn't set Harry on fire. Yet, every night when Harry returned to his flat, he reminded himself, She's gone. Accept it. She's not coming back. However, the stubborn voices would never completely silence.

One evening close to Christmas, Ron and Hermione were planning their upcoming wedding while Harry and Kyla listened, trying to hold in laughter as the two argued.

"Well," Hermione said in frustration. "At least there's one thing we agree on."

Harry and Kyla tried their best to look shocked. Hermione threw a couch pillow at them and they collapsed with laughter.

"And what. . .might that be?" Harry said, between spasms.

"Very funny," said Ron, shooting him a dirty look.

"We want you as best man, Harry," said Hermione, with a smile.

Harry stopped laughing. "Really?" Kyla squeezed his arm.

"Of course, mate," Ron said. "You're my best friend."

Hermione smiled. "And Kyla, we'd like to you to a bridesmaid, with Lavendar and Parvati. GInny will be maid of honor, of course."

Ron slammed his hand on the table. "How many times do I have to tell you!" he roared. "I don't want those two gossips there!"

"It's my wedding, Ron!"

"It's mine, too!"

Harry rolled his eyes. "Come on," he whispered to Kyla. While they happy couple raged on, they sneaked out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I'm still amazed that those two are getting married," Kyla said, fifteen minutes later, licking an ice cream cone.

"Ah, well," Harry replied. "They'll be happier fighting together than at peace apart."

"I don't know," Kyla said thoughtfully. "Maybe it works for them, but I would want something. . .more. You know what I mean?" She smiled and leaned back. "I view love as being wildly romantic. It's candy and flowers. It's whispering about your future in the dark, painting castles in the sky. Arguing senselessly just cheapens it."

"I guess there are many facets to love and many different ways of loving," he said, his thoughts on Ginny.

Kyla was staring at him intently and smiled sadly.

"I believe you're right, Harry."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What do you think of this one?" Ron asked a few days later.

Harry surveyed the dress robes carefully, then burst out laughing.

"Come on, Harry! Cut me some slack!"

"I can't help it," Harry said. "You look ridiculous!"

The frustrated shop owner growled. "Another set then?" and he prepared to leave.

"Wait," Harry said. Reaching into his pocket, he drew out a bag and dropped several Galleons into the owner's hand.

"Maybe we can find something a little more suitable to Mr. Weasley's taste," he hinted and the honor smiled.

"I'm sure we can, Mr. Potter," he said eagerly, walking off.

"Harry, you didn't have to-"

Harry raised up a hand to silence him. "Yes, Ron. I did. I couldn't bear the thought of Hermione laughing at you when she walked down the aisle."

Ron threw a punch at him, which he ducked. Settling an arm around Harry's shoulders, Ron sighed.

"I hope Hermione is having better luck."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione had decided to be married in a traditional muggle gown. The two women walked among the racks of white dresses, fingering the cloth, and exclaiming over beadwork.

"There's so many to choose from," said Kyla.

"I've always had a clear idea of what I want," Hermione said. "If we can't find it, we'll just get as close as we can. Mrs. Weasley will help me alter it."

"You're so lucky," Kyla sighed. "You're marrying into a great family." She smiled ruefully. "Sometimes, I wonder what's going to happen to Harry."

"What do you mean?" asked Hermione, pulling a dress off the rack and holding it up to herself.

"The Weasley's have been nothing but very kind to me and I'm grateful to them. However, I feel as if I'm driving Harry away from his only family. He knows that he's not really one fo them, though he and they want him to be. Someday that thought will strike him and he'll feel as if he's intruding." She sighed again.

"Sometimes I just wish that Ginny had accepted him. He would be happier."

Hermione pulled Kyla into a hug. "You really love Harry, don't you?"

"I - I don't know. I'm . . . fond of him. I would do anything for him."

"I'm not going to lie to you, Kyla. Harry loved Ginny and even now he still has feelings for her."

"I know," Kyla replied. "It's obvious. Every time her name gets mentioned, he acts strange and I can see it clearly." Her tone was bitter.

Hermione gave her a knowing look. "Harry is a great guy. He's caring and smart and. . .well, let's face it. For all he's been through he isn't very mature. He needs some strong force to guide him. " She laughed. "I guess that's why Ginny was so good for him. She wouldn't put up with his nonsense. . ." Kyla's face fell. ". . .And neither should you," Hermione continued. "Let him know that you're here now and he'll move on." Suddenly, she let out a squeal of excitement.

"This is it! I've found my dress!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Seriously, though," Kyla said, as they waited for the boys. "I wish that Harry would stop playing around and let me know his intentions."

"Oh please!" Hermione laughed. "Harry works a lot faster than Ron. I waited six and a half years for him to figure out his intentions."

"Just the same, I'm not looking forward to seeing Ginny again."

Hermione narrowed her eyes. "I thought you two were friends?"

"Oh we are," Kyla assured her. "But Harry and Ginny combined with Blake, then throw me into the bargain? You'd just better be happy that you're leaving on your honeymoon before it gets too bad!"

"Well, I'm-"

"Hullo!" Ron said as he and Harry Apparated behind the girls.

"Ron!" Hermione hissed, looking up and down the street. "The muggles might have seen!"

"Them? They don't notice anything." He kissed her on the cheek and Harry moved to stand by Kyla.

"How did the shopping go?" she asked, lightly.

"Let me tell you now, Ron just isn't the type that looks decent in dress robes. The ridiculous number of-"

"Harry!" Ron said indignantly. "You promised!"

"I lied."

"Why, you-"

"So, did you find something?" interrupted Hermione.

"As a matter of fact, we both did." He peered at the box she held. "What about you?"

She snatched the box from his grasping hands. "Oh no, you can't look at it before the wedding!"

Ron looked puzzled. "Why not?"

"It's a muggle tradition," Harry said.

"What?"

"It's bad luck," said Hermione loftily.

Ron shook his head. "Muggles are so weird," he mumbled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The day before the wedding arrived with a violent downpour. The streets had filled with rain overnight and Harry and Ron awoke to find several puddles on the floor from the leaky ceiling.

Harry rolled out of bed, yawning, and tried to stand. As he did, he slipped on an empty butterbeer bottle. With a loud crash, he fell to the floor, wrenching his ankle.

Great, he thought. It's going to be one of those days.

"Are you alright?" Ron called from the bathroom.

"I'm fine!' He yelled back. Just injured my pride.

"Well, I'm finished," Ron announced, coming out of the bathroom, his long, red hair dripping wet.

Harry limped to his dresser, where he pinched his thumb in the drawer, and hobbled to the bathroom. Blearily, he gazed at the mirror. Under his eyes were dark circles and his tousled black hair was more unruly than usual.

With a sigh, he turned on the shower, yelping at the flow of cold water.

"Ron!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mum, we're here!" Ron called when they arrived at the Burrow.

"Thank goodness!" Mrs. Weasley walked out of the kitchen, absolutely covered in flour. "Ginny and Blake will be here within the hour, Hermione will show up after the match, with Kyla. Charlie and Bill put up a large tent to block the rain. Fred and George are out back setting up for rehearsal while Angelina, Tonks and Fleur are watching the children. Hermione's family will be here for the rehearsal. I need you both to work on decorating the house. I don't even know where everyone is sleeping tonight and-"

Mr. Weasley came up behind his wife and lay his hands on her shoulders. "Molly dear, what did I tell you just five minutes ago?"

Mrs. Weasley took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "Relax. . .relax. . .relax. . ."

Harry threw a bewildered look to Ron who just shrugged.

"Come on boys, I'll show you what you need to do." Mr. Weasley kissed his wife on the cheek as she continued to murmur.

"Phew!" he said as he shut the kitchen door. "Only two more after you, Ron. Then maybe she can finally calm down."

"I doubt it," George said, coming down the hall. "After all, it's the two most troublesome left, isn't it, Harry?" He smiled and winked.

"Get going," Mr. Weasley said sternly. "We don't have time for your cheek." He turned back to Harry and Ron.

"In all honesty boys, she's overreacting, just a bit. Just summon the decorations from the attic, they'll arrange themselves." He left them to it.

Harry sighed and raised his wand. Here within the hour. . . "Accio decorations!"

Less than a moment later, a large box came hurtling down the stairs. Too late, he turned and it caught him on the side of the head, knocking him to the ground.

"Harry!"

Ginny had just walked into the house. After screaming his name, she rushed over and picked up his head, laying it on her lap.

"Are you alright?" she asked, breathlessly.

His vision cleared and her face came swimming into view. Just as he remembered her, and yet very different from the last time he'd seen her. Her dark red hair had grown until it reached her waist, it was pulled back in a ponytail, but rain-soaked tendrils still clung to her face. Her brown eyes were as warm as ever, but they were sober, no longer dancing. It was her, his Ginny.

No. Not his Ginny. Not anymore.

He sat up quickly, wincing as he touched the knot forming on the side of his head.

"I'm fine," he gasped. "Just let me stand."

"I don't think so," she protested. "Let me get a good look at that lump." Pulling out her wand, she prodded it.

"Ow!" he cried out.

"It's not bad," she said. Pulling out her handbag, she retrieved a small container. "Here."

Opening it, she dabbed a purple cream onto the knot, massaging it gently. "There," she said twisting the lid back on. "Does that feel better?"

"Yeah, thanks," he said, rising awkwardly. "I. . .er-"

"Oh!" Ginny said, clasping her hands. "I forgot! Ron, Harry, I'd like you to meet Blake Connor."

Harry hadn't noticed the figure behind Ginny until she brought him out into the light. Blake extended his hand. Harry observed the bright blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He had a strong chin and he looked muscular. Ron nudged Harry, clearing his throat. Harry shook his head, and went to shake Blake's hand. The grasp was firm and Harry applied extra pressure.

"I'm glad to meet you," Blake said when Harry finally let go. "I've heard nothing but good things about you from Ginny." He smiled. "I understand that you're great friends."

"Oh yes," Harry said emphatically, looking pointedly at Ginny. "The very best."

Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Ginny!" Mrs. Weasley hurried from the kitchen and threw her arms around her daughter. "My baby, you're home!"

"Hi Mum," Ginny said, extricating herself. "Mum, this is-"

"Blake dear, how are you? You must be exhausted, both of you." Mrs. Weasley turned to Harry and Ron. "Boys, I'll finish decorating. Harry, why don't you take Ginny's things to her room, Ron, take Blake's to yours. " She smiled brightly and went back to her kitchen.

Harry looked at Ginny and gave her an awkward half smile as he picked up her bag and Ron did the same for Blake.

"So. . ." he said nervously when they were alone. "How-how have you been?"

"I can't complain," she said, vacantly. I've been keeping busy with my healing duties. Madame Pomfrey has me interning for her on the weekends."

"Are you enjoying Healing then?" Why can't I think of anything to say?

"Yeah, I am." She opened the door to her room and he followed her in. "What about you? Is being an Auror al that it's cracked up to be?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "I guess. We're not doing so much experience work yet. We're just working on the basics."

He set her bags down on the floor. "Well," he said, nervously. "I guess I'd better get back downstairs. Hermione and Kyla should be here pretty soon."

"How is Kyla?" Ginny asked with a slight grin. "I hear that you two have been spending a lot of time together."

"She's good. She's a brilliant Beater, the Cannons are lucky to have her," Harry boasted.

"Really?" Ginny said, mischievously. "Maybe we can get a game together sometime this week. Blake is the Seeker for Ravenclaw. Maybe we can pit him against you and see who's better."

"Maybe," Harry said, evasively, not wanting to continue along this vein. "If you'll excuse me."

Once in the hallway, he leaned against the wall, rubbing his aching leg. His head began to hurt again. This is going to be a long week.

Blake and Ron came down the stairs, thumping loudly, making Harry wince, their footsteps like thunder in his ears.

"Hey," Ron said. "We just saw Hermione and Kyla coming up the walk."

"I'm anxious to meet them," Blake said cheerfully. "After all that I've heard. . .even though," he added, jokingly. "There are already too many Gryffindor's in this house."

"Penny was a Ravenclaw," Ron said. "You won't be alone."

"Not that I'm against Gryffindor, mind you," said Blake. "After all, I have a brother and a sister in Gryffindor."

"They're twins in first year," Ginny said, coming out of her room. Her hair was now pulled back into a French braid and she'd changed into muggle clothes. "Jason and Alexis."

"Let's go down, then," Blake laughed, taking Ginny by the hand. Ron followed them and Harry, seething walked behind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That night after the rehearsal, Ron and Hermione, Harry and Kyla, and Ginny and Blake all sat up late, watching the moonrise in the cold December air as the fireflies came out. They'd thrown an old blanket down on the wet grass. Hermione reclined in Ron's arms and Kyla and Ginny were deep in discussion about Quidditch plays. Occasionally, Ron would throw in his opinions, but mostly he discussed Auror training with Blake.

Harry lay flat on his back, watching the stars. Once in a while, he turned and observed Ginny and Kyla. Without even thinking about it, he was comparing the two of them.

In looks, they were tied. Kyla had a natural beauty. She had long blonde hair and beautiful dark blue eyes. Her skin was fair and soft and she was tall and elegant. Ginny was shorter and very slender. Her long hair was dark red and very thick. Her face was freckled, her chocolate brown eyes sparkled with a mischievous delight.

In temperament, Kyla was sweet, kind, and polite to everybody. She had the tendency to be timid, despite the fact that she was a top notch Beater. That's odd, Harry thought. She wasn't like that at Hogwarts. She seemed so much bolder then. Like Ginny. She knew what she wanted and how to get it. Ginny wasn't afraid to speak her mind, even if it conflicted with popular opinion.

She's gone through the same things that I have, Harry realized. She knows what it is to be alone, she's got a wicked temper, she's even faced Voldemort almost as much as me. Maybe everyone is right. Opposites do attrack. That's why I'm meant to be with Kyla and Ginny to be with- His thoughts stopped there. Maybe he was meant to be with Kyla, but Ginny. . . She couldn't possibly be meant for anybody but him.

Harry sat up. "I think I'm going inside now," he announced. "It's late and we have to be up early. Goodnight."

As he headed up the hill, from behind, he heard Blake's voice. "He's a quiet one, isn't he."

"He's just tired," Kyla replied. "Tired and worn out."

"It hasn't been easy for him, has it?"

"Harry's fine, Hermione," Ron said. "Leave him be."

Harry noticed that the only one who didn't voice an opinion was Ginny. Snow began falling as he entered the house.
The Wedding by Narwen3
Author's Notes:
So there doesn't seem to be as much of a wait here. This chapter isn't as long as the previous one, but it's one of my favorites. Get ready for something we've been waiting for since Book One!
Ron stood as white as the snow falling outside. The kitchen has been turned into a temporary dressing room for the men while the women dressed in the parlor.

"It's okay!" Charlie laughed from behind him. "Don't look so frightened!"

"Yeah," George piped in as he drew his shirt over his head. "I mean, Hermione still has another two hours to turn you down."

Ron groaned and tugged at his hair.

"Come on boys, leave your brother alone!" Mr. Weasley chided. "George, you'll be a big enough mess when your time comes. Cut Ron some slack."

"No, I think I'm destined to be a bachelor. Old Uncle George, how does that sound?"

"Like codswallop," Bill said. "Your time will come George. Mark my words."

Fred came running into the room, a gurgling baby draped over his arm.

"You're late," Mr. Weasley said without looking away from the mirror where he was buttoning his collar.

"What's Lara doing in here?" Harry asked. "Why doesn't Angelina have her?"

"This is Lacey," Fred said, setting the infant in a cradle by the stove. "Angelina said that she couldn't possibly get dressed with two babies so I was elected to watch this one."

He walked over to sling an arm around Ron's shoulders.

"Ease up mate! Most of us have been married and we haven't died yet."

Ron's hands shook as he tied his bowtie. "I'm not n-nervous," he stuttered, causing the married men to laugh while Harry patted his shoulder, fighting back his own mirth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mrs. Granger had tears in her eyes as she swept Hermione's hair up into an elegant bun with tendrils draped over her ears and neck.

"Mum, please don't cry. If you start, then I will, too."

"I can't help it," Mrs. Granger sniffed. "I'm losing my baby!"

"Losing me?" Hermione said, laughing. "I'll be at Hogwarts, same as I've been for the last eight years!"

"Why does he have to go away and leave you all alone, though?"

"Mum," Hermione explained, patiently. "He isn't leaving me. He'll be able to visit me. Once the semester is over, we'll be back here for a couple of months. With my money from teaching, we'll have enough to buy a home in Dublin."

Mrs. Granger hugged her daughter. "He's a good boy. I'm sure that you'll be happy."

Lavendar and Parvati sailed into the room in their pale blue dresses.

"So, Hermione," Lavendar said with a giggle. "Did you see those two?"

"Who?" asked Hermione.

Parvati laughed. "Why, Harry and Blake of course." She leaned in conspiratorily. "I'm not one for younger men but Blake. . . It's a shame that Ginny has got him completely wrapped around her finger."

"Harry's nice, you know," Lavendar said. "But there's just no comparison to someone like Blake."

"We're heading outside," Parvati said. "You'd better get your dress on Hermione."

Honestly, Hermione thought as they left the room. Maybe Ron has a point about those two.

She pulled the dress from its hanger, laying it on the sofa.

"Need help?" Ginny and Kyla came in, followed by Mrs. Weasley.

Hermione smiled. "That'd be great."

Together the three of them and Mrs. Granger got the dress on her without mussing her hair.

Last, Kyla pulled a long frosty veil from a box and Kyla laid it over Hermione's head. Reaching for the clasp on the bustle, Hermione loosed the train.

Angelina and Penny, each holding a twin, opened the door a crack.

"They're ready for you all."

Ginny and Kyla each squeezed Hermione's hands and Ginny kissed her cheek.

"After this, we'll really be sisters," she whispered. Then, they were gone and Hermione's father appeared at the door.

"Honey?"

She came forward and he smiled tenderly. Her dress reached to the floor. It exposed her shoulders with sleeves that were long and full. The train spread several feet behind her and the veil covered her bareback and frosted over her hair.

"Is that my Miney-Jane, all grown up and looking so beautiful?"

She blushed prettily at the use of her childhood nickname. He pulled her close and whispered, "I"m so proud of you punkin."

"Thanks Daddy."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As she stood in the back of the crowd, waiting for the wedding march, she didn't notice the light snow falling outside the large tent. The people were smiling back at her, her friends, family, teachers, but she saw none of them. Hermione had eyes for one person only.

There he was, standing with a shock of red hair, right by the holy man, facing away from her. Every step brought Hermione closer to the boy - man who had won her heart.

Ron smiled as she came into view. She slipped her hand into his and it was the last thing he remembered before he realized that he was kissing her amidst cheers and that the ceremony had ended.

Mr. Weasley waved his wand and all the chairs disappeared, leaving in their places tables around the edges of the tent. In the middle of the room was a dance floor and a small orchestra filed onto the makeshift stage.

Ron held out his arms to Hermione and she gracefully fell into step, swaying softly back and forth as they gazed into each other's eyes lovinglyg. The song that they had chosen for their own played softly. It signified everything that their relationship was.

Dream about a day when we'll be
calm, serene, completely carefree
Just for fun, think of one ordinary day.

Ask yourself what it would feel like
Dream the dream with all of your might
Close your eyes, visualize, just one normal day.

Time to find out who we are
Time to find our lucky star
We'll love in peace.

Just imagine no more violence
No more bombs, the sound of silence
Time to be, you and me, time to love in peace.

Days of hope so calm and tranquil
Private moments to be thankful
On our own, left alone, free to love in peace.

Time to simply sit and breathe
Time to learn how to believe
And give thanks for our release
To love in peace.

Time to dance and time to grow
Time to learn and time to know
Time to prosper and increase,
We'll love in peace.

Sometimes I get on my knees and pray
For that one ordinary day
When all the pain will finally cease
Then we'll be free to love in peace

Just for fun, think of one, ordinary day.


"Ladies and gentlemen," the singer announced when she had finished, "I would like to introduce to you for the first time, Ron and Hermione Weasley."

Harry applauded loudly, drowned out by the Weasley brother's cheers and catcalls. Ron was bright red but Hermione looked tranquil. She was calm and serence and looked up at her husband adoringly.

Harry had never really thought of Hermione as beautiful, but now she shone radiantly and vibrantly, so great was her happiness.

Mr. Granger cam eforward to take Hermione out to dance and Mrs. Weasley did the same with Ron. All the married Weasley's took up their wives to dance.

Looking across the tent, Harry saw Penelope on the otehr side, sitting with Janey on her lap. Her face looked sad and Harry knew that she was thinking about Percy. He'd made up his mind to go and talk to her and even started her way when Blake came forward before him.

"It doesn't seem right for your family to dance without you," he said, gently. "Would you do me the honor?"

She smiled. "Really Blake, that's sweet of you but Janey's asleep and I can't just lay her down-"

"I'll take her," Harry offered, surprising himself. "There's no reason why you shouldn't dance, Penny."

With a grateful look in her eyes, she passed Janey to Harry and took the hand that Blake proffered.

"That was a decent thing you did, Harry." Kyla came to sit beside him, laying her hand on his arm.

"No," he said. "It was Blake who did the "decent thing." I just said I'd hold Janey."

"Blake turned out to be a great guy," Kyla observed. "He's well-mannered, polite. . .and if I may be so bold, I'm glad that Ginny has him and I think you are too."

"What?" Harry asked, incredulously.

"I know that you're very protective of Ginny. Harry, you've been watching Blake like a hawk ever since he came through the door yesterday. And I can tell that you don't feel so bitter about him anymore."

"Maybe," Harry assented, putting his arm around her shoulders. And maybe I just can't admit it because when I do, Ginny will be gone from me forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The party was set to go on for hours, but by eleven, Harry felt as though he couldn't take it anymore. He said goodnight to Ron and Hermione, congratulating them, then left Kyla to talk with Angelina and Blake about the Cannons. Ginny had complained that she felt ill about an hour previously and she had also retired for the night.

Passing her room, Harry heard a low moan. "Ginny?" he called, knocking at the door. No one answered. He pushed the door open and saw her there, lying on the floor, still in her bridesmaid's dress, her soft hair fanned about her.

She screamed, and without a moment's hesitation, he ran to her side and pulled her onto his lap, cradling her head.

"It's alright, Ginny," he soothed. "Just hold onto me, hold on."

Her arms went around his waist and she pulled herself into a sitting position across his lap, her head leaning onto his chest. The rumbling on the stairs announced the arrival of the wedding party.

"We heard a scream!" Mrs. Weasley said. "What--Oh my goodness!" At the sight of her sobbing daughter, she tried to rush forward but her husband held her back.

"Is it a vision? Will she be alright?" he asked Harry, who nodded.

Mr. Weasley took a breath and said, "Molly, let's all go back downstairs. Harry can handle this." With a last look behind her, Mrs. Weasley allowed herself to be led away. Blake, however, stayed behind.

"Harry. . ." Ginny mumbled. "It hurts, it hurts so bad."

"Sh," he whispered, rubbing her back and kissing her on top of the head. "It will be alright." Looking up, he noticed Blake standing there and suddenly, he felt like an intruder.

"Come over here," he said.

"What can I do?" Blake asked, stepping forward and sitting down on the bed. Harry lifted the crying girl in his arms.

"Just. . .hold her," he choked, setting her on Blake's lap. "Whisper to her, rub her back and reassure her.
K-kiss her. She'll be fine after awhile. She just needs to know that somebody is here."

He turned quickly to leave the room before he screamed outloud at the injustice.

"Harry?"

He stopped and looked back.

Blake looked at him understandingly. "Thanks. . .friend."

Harry nodded, but the sight of Blake bending over to whisper to Ginny was too much for him to bear and he felt very tired and very old. As quickly as he could, he fled the room and returned to his own.

Kyla watched him go from the shadows. She was in awe of the love that Harry had shown Ginny, but her heart now broke and tears ran down her cheeks. Now she knew that Harry's love for Ginny was endless. He could never truly belong to anyone else. She had lost him, but she wasn't sure she ever really had him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At about three o'clock that morning, Harry heard a light knock at his door. Yawning, he rolled out of bed, not bothering to throw on a shirt, and he pulled the door open.

Ginny stood before him in a white tank top and pink pajama bottoms. Her long hair was loose, hanging down her back, and she was barefoot. Harry thought that she looked beautiful. Her face was pale and her eyes looked young and haunted, an after-effect of the vision.

"Harry," she whispered, "can I come in and talk to you?"

He nodded, opening the door wider so she could come through. She sat down, cross-legged on the bed, a pillow grasped in her arms. Running his hand through his disheveled hair, Harry took a seat on the floor, looking up at her.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, gently.

"Oh you know, I'm tired as usual and. . .I feel terrible," she concluded, seeing the look on his face.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" Harry asked.

Ginny's eyes pooled with tears. "It's Fleur."

"What about Fleur?"

"She and Bill. . .lose the baby." Ginny's tears spilled over, running down her cheek onto the pillow she held.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked and Ginny nodded.

"Do you-are you going to tell them?"

She shook her head. "I can't. You know as well as I do that prophecies and visions aren't guaranteed. I could be wrong, I could have misread it. . .besides, what would it be like if I told them? They would try to stop if from happening and could inadvertantly cause it. Or, they would blame me for it. It's better if they don't know. I'll be alright soon enough but Bill and Fleur. . .you know how much they wanted this baby."

"I know," Hary said sadly. "I'm glad that Blake could be there for you, though."

"Harry, I feel awful. I never told Blake about my visions. It was just too difficult a subject to bring up. I'm surprised that he knew how to help me."

Harry looked away bitterly. "Yes," he said. "Blake's a good guy. You're very lucky."

Ginny got up and knelt by Harry. Taking his chin in her hands, she turned him to look at her.

"Harry, you may be one of the few people who understands how terrible my visions are. When I. . .came back, it was Blake holding me, kissing me. But it was you that I remembered. Harry, I know it was you who found me and then. . .you let Blake take over. Thank you for letting me go."

She kissed him on the cheek and left the room. Stopping at the door, she looked back. "Please, not a word to anyone? Especially Bill and Fleur." She smiled softly. "Happy Christmas, Harry." She shut the door and he stared at it for a few minutes, realizing that once more he had allowed her to walk out of his life.

"Goodbye, Ginny. I don't know what I'll do without you but if it's what you want. I'd do anything for you, even if it breaks my heart."




A/N That took pretty much forever to type but it's up sooner than you all expected, or at least sooner than I did. I got the drama going and I hope people don't feel like killing me. Please leave great reviews and here's your spoiler.

"When the world is wet and dirty, I get so discouraged. And then the snow comes and I forget. Oh, I can forget all the sorrow and the pain. Evil can't survive in a world where we have snowfall."

Christmas by Narwen3
Author's Notes:
I'm back again to drop off a quick chapter and a note of apology for my great delay in updating. I offer the excuse of a job, full-time college and multiple theatre shows. I hope you enjoy this chapter!


The Burrow felt empty on Christmas morning with both Ron and Hermione gone. There were many presents piled under the tree and scattered around the living room when the area under the tree yielded no more space. As they awoke, the toddlers went squealing in, dragging their bleary eyed parents behind them.

Harry smiled as he watched their excitement. Tonks sat on the couch with Penny as Charlie helped Remus and Janey with their gifts. Lara and Lacey were miraculously still asleep and Fred sat on an armchair with Angelina on his lap, so exhausted that both of them were sound asleep as well, despite the noise. Bill and Fleur also sat together on the couch. Fleur was laughing at the baby toys she had just unwrapped from Harry. His heart hurt as she called out, "Zank you, 'Arry! Zees are wonderful!"

"Harry, dear?" Mrs. Weasley handed him a soft package. Harry forced a smile that she returned, and he opened the gift, finding the traditional Weasley sweater.

"Thanks," he said, surprising Mrs. Weasley with a hug. "I really appreciate all the things you've done for me."

"Harry, it's been my pleasure." She pulled him into another hug. "After all," she whispered, "It's what you do for family."

Harry allowed her to hang on a couple seconds longer, then he pulled away.

She cleared her throat. "Now, would you please be a dear and fetch George from his room?"

"Sure," Harry replied. Running up the stairs, he passed Kyla in the hall as she was on her way down.

"Happy Christmas," he said, kissing her on the cheek. "I'll be down in a minute."

Her smile in response was sad, but he didn't notice. Passing Ginny's room, he heard voices. He would have gone on if he hadn't heard his name.

"Harry had been a great help to me when the visions were far more frequent. I didn't tell you because. . .well, I hadn't had one in a long while. I didn't think it would be an issue."

Blake sounded upset. "Didn't you trust me? Did you think I would leave you or despise you? You should have told me, rather than letting me find you lying unconscious, screaming in pain, not to speak of in Harry's arms!"

"I'm sorry," Ginny said. Her voice was small and quiet.

There was a long silence.

"It's alright," he sighed. "I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I was just really scared last night."

Harry rubbed his scar and continued his way up the stairs.

"George?" he said, knocking at the door.

"Mmff." The reply was muffled.

"I take it you're alive, then?" he said, trying the door. It was locked. Harry pulled out his wand.

"Very well, then. Alohomora!"

The door flew open. George was still in bed, wrapped in a cocoon of warm blankets. He opened his eyes a crack. "Go 'way," he mumbled.

"Can't," Harry said. "Your mum wants you downstairs."

Harry couldn't quite decipher George's reply as he rolled over and fell asleep once more.

"GEORGE!" bellowed Mrs. Weasley's voice from the living room. He flew up from his bed as if electrocuted and went off like a shot downstairs. Harry rolled his eyes, then hastened to follow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry enjoyed watching the young children as they opened their presents. They would laugh in delight as they got toys and wrinkle their noses when opening packages containing clothes. It made Harry happy to see children having the Christmas that he'd never been able to have and to know that he was a part of it.

Sitting and laughing with Kyla and George, Harry began opening his own small pile of gifts. He chuckled as he unwrapped Kyla's gift which was a thick, warm scarf in Chudley colors.

"I spent a long time on that," she said, as he hugged and thanked her. "I even did it without magic. Hermione helped me."

Next, he opened Ron and Hermione's gift. It was a large frame full of pictures of them from the time they were eleven to the final picture from the wedding; Harry and Ron standing on either side of Hermione.

He pulled a card off the back and opened it.

Harry, you've been dearer than a brother to Ron and me. We can't thank you enough for the friendship that you have shown us. We wanted to get you something grand, but as we are poor, we endeavored to get you something in the name of sentiment. We called Mr. Creevey up. You'd be suprised at how many pictures of us that Colin had taken through the years.

Harry, we give you all of our best memories. We hope you cherish them as we do. We love you.

Hermione and Ron


Harry smiled as he looked over the pictures. There he was, a scrawny little boy with unruly black hair, standing by a tall redhead and a bushy haired girl with large teeth. As they got older, Harry was less scrawny, Ron less gangly, and Hermione's hair tamed down. But more noticeable was the maturity and soberness that increased in their faces and eyes. Growing up had changed them so much.

He pulled the last package, a large box, closer. There was no name on the outside; it simply said, "To the Boy Who Lived." Harry rolled his eyes at the cliche'd title and ripped the paper off. There was another card which stated, "May he continue to live. Sincerely, Ginny."

Inside was a Healer's kit for Healing from various minor curses and jinxes that could befall him as an Auror in training. He caught Ginny's eye and as she smiled, he nodded his thanks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Later that afternoon, when the snow lay thick upon the ground, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley volunteered to babysit while all the adults went sledding. They eagerly accepted the offer and tramped out. Fleur, feeling tired, stayed behind and Penny joined her. However, the remainder of them climbed the big hill with their sleds, laughing and call ing out as they did so.

The first down the hill was Fred and Angelina. Angelina yelled as the sled toppled over at the bottom. When she finally righted herself, she saw the too-innocent look on Fred's face and playfully pushed him face first into the snowbank. With that, everyone began to slide down in one's and two's, enjoying the crisp air rushing past them.

"Ready?" Harry said to Kyla as he settled behind her in the sled. She nodded, a grin on her face, then shrieked with laughter as they flew down. Like Fred and Angelina, they too, toppled over at the bottom.

Harry was so busy laughing that he never noticed Kyla scoop up snow. He didn't see her pack it very tightly, and he was very surprised when the snowball smashed into the side of his face.

Several hours later, when their hands were blue and even warming charms weren't helping, the laughing group headed inside, however; Harry remained. When seeing that he was no longer beside her, Kyla too fell back.

"Isn't this beautiful?" he whispered, afraid to break the spell. He stared out over the white world. Night had fallen and the moon shone over the snow, making it almost as light as day. The purple sky was dotted with stars and they twinkled mournfully. The pine trees scattered over the hills were covered with a blanket of snow and Harry felt a strange reverance.

"When the world is used and dirty, I get so discourage. And then the snow comes and I can forget. Oh, I can forget all the sorrow and pain. Evil can't survive in a world where we have snowfall."

While Harry spoke, Kyla was silent. Now, she spoke almost bitterly. ''There's something wrong with your analogy. It looks pretty now, but when it melts, it will be dirtier than before. By hiding it, it makes the problem much worse once we can see it again."

"Are you alright?" Harry asked, with concern. "You've been quiet all day."

She took a deep breath. "Harry, I've been doing some thinking. I'm going back to America."

"What? Why?"

"My family's there. My dad. . .and my mom and my brother, too. I've been ostracized from them for far too long. When spring training starts up again, I'll be back. I have to do this," she whispered. "Watching the Weasley's all day has finally convinced me of it. All those children. They know who their aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents are. What about my children? Who will they know? Besides," she added, tears filling her eyes. "I miss my brother. I need to go home and set things straight."

Harry kissed her cheek gently. "Alright," he said, softly. "But I'll miss you. You will write me, won't you?"

Kyla nodded. "Goodbye, Harry," she whispered. Harry let go of her hand and she disapparated.

Harry slowly trudged back to the Burrow. The snow crunched under his feet and he looked forlornly at the well-lit house ahead of him, before sighing and entering.

"Kyla's gone home," he announced after they all asked where she had gone. "To America."

He missed the look that Mrs. Weasley shot at her husband. All he saw was Ginny, looking at him with pitying eyes.




It has been far too long since I've updated, as I've said. I do hope that I can finish this story but there are another 14, 15 chapters left and it will definitely take awhile. I'm so grateful to those of you who've left reviews and again apologize that I've let down my standard of always replying.

I'm still glad to receive them and I will reply as much as I can but I have minimal time on the computer and can only do so much. I don't know when the next update will be in so I do ask that you not question it's arrival either. This story is very special to me and I'll do all that I can to complete it.

I guess I'm done preaching. ;) Let me see if I can find you a suitable spoiler.

"But, I know that she wouldn't do anything behind my back. And it wouldn't be fair of me to take the only person who truly knows her completely away, would it?"
Back to Hogwarts by Narwen3
A week later, life returned to normal. Ginny and Blake returned to Hogwarts. Ron and Hermione came back from their honeymoon and Harry and Ron started their second semester in Auror training.

It was a very trying time for Harry. Ron spent a lot of time moping around without Hermione and Harry missed Kyla. He'd never realized how much time he had spent with her, yet he still felt confused about his feelings for her. She'd seemed so far away and distant that night when she told him that she was leaving. A couple weeks later, he got her letter.

Dear Harry, as you can probably guess, I'm home now. I met up with my dad the first day I got back. After some convincing, I got him to go with me to see mom and Will. Dad lives in New York City and mom and Will are in California. We took our time getting there, for even though I'm an American, I hadn't really seen much of my own country.

When we finally got to California, we visited mom first. She of course, welcomed me and was even civil to Dad. Harry, it was the first time in ten years that they've been in the same room without fighting! She invited us to stay for dinner, so we did, and after, I went alone to see Will. When I knocked on the door, a pretty woman with short black opened it.

I told her my name and her eyes went wide. "Will!" she called out. "It's her! She's back!" Will came running to the door and stopped just short of it. We stared at each other for a few seconds, then he ran and gave me the biggest hug I've had in my entire life. I told him I'd been in England and he introduced me to his wife, Monique, and their children, Shelby and Benjamin.

I found my family again. My neice and nephew are so adorable, and my sister-in-law has been a wonderful friend. As for my brother, I'm just sad that we've been at odds these past ten years. We've missed out on so much. Tomorrow, we're going to Disneyland with the whole family. Monique is a muggle-born witch, and like Hermione, she keeps in touch with both worlds.

And of course, my whole family was excited to learn that I'm dating "The Boy Who Lived." They are all anxious to meet you. I think when I come home, I'm going to invited them to stay with me.

I miss you, and I can't wait to see you again. However, I needed to come here. I found something too precious to lose.

Love, Kyla.


Harry smiled to himself as he pulled out a roll of parchment and a quill. He wrote back.

Dear Kyla, that sounds great about your family. I'm so happy for you.

Life here is settling down. Ron and Hermione came back, but of course, Hermione went back to Hogwarts immediately and Ron just isn't the same. Fleur and Bill are excited about the baby. They expect him next month.


Harry paused briefly, remembering that last night with Ginny. He sighed rubbing his forehead.

They can't wait to be parents. As Lara and Lacey get older, Fred and Angelina get more tired. Fred's finally getting what he had coming to him, but I think it's hard on Angelina. Charlie and Tonks are the same as always. Remus has gotten so big. He looks a lot like his dad, with moon-grey eyes and a quiet temperament.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are already planning the next "reunion" and since you have been adopted just like me, you will be invited. Maybe your family could come, too. I'd be very happy to meet them, please do bring them when you come home.

I miss you. Harry.


Harry sealed the letter with his wand and called Hedwig to him. After tying the letter to her leg, she nipped his finger gently and took off.

A large sigh interrupted his thoughts. Ron was reclined in a chair, absentmindedly twisting his wedding band as he stared morosely at the wall. Harry stifled a chuckle.

"Come on, mate. Cheer up!"

"Hm?" Ron blinked. "What did you say?"

"If you miss her so much, why not go up to Hogwarts with me this weekend, and see her?"

"Really?" Ron jumped up. "Harry, that's a brilliant idea!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Friday morning, Harry and Ron cut classes to head for Hogwarts. After a rattling ride on the Knight Bus, they arrived in Hogsmeade and ducked intop a small shop at the end of a lane. The shopkeeper was a merry Scotsman with twinkling brown eyes.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Keegan," Harry said, cheerfully.

"Mr. Potter! Mr. Weasley! I must say, it is happy I am that ye'd come to see me." Cho's adoptive father shook their hands, beaming at them. Harry's eyes flicked over to a picture of Cho and Cedric, by a notice of her death. He swallowed back the lump forming in his throat.

"How are you and Mrs. Keegan?" he asked, gently.

"We're getting by," Mr. Keegan replied. "Maude is struggling some, but. . .we're getting by," he trailed off.

"Well, what can I do for ye then? Looking for another Valentine's gift for that red-headed lass of yours?"

"Actually, no. We -er, broke up. Awhile ago."

Billy Keegan frowned. "Ah, I'm sorry to hear that lad."

"It's okay. Ron here was looking for something. though."

"Oh yes, didn't I read something in the paper about your marriage?"

"Yes," Ron said. "In December. We're going up to visit her and I wanted to buy her a gift."

Mr. Keegan grinned, mischievously. "I wouldn't have thought ye'd be wanting another man around when going to visit your wife, eh, lad?"

Ron turned a bright red and Mr. Keegan laughed. "Well, lad, that's your lookout. It just so happens that I've got some purple diamond earrings in." He reached to the top shelf and pulled down a glittering set.

"Now, normal diamonds would be clear, but these are what happens when they're dragon heated. Dragons sometimes live in mining caves and their breath burns the gems into a brilliant purple. Seeing as how we be friends, will ye not take them at half price?"

Ron thanked him and dropped the amount into Mr. Keegan's hand who turned to Harry.

"By the way, Mr. Potter, what became of that necklace I sold ye, years ago?"

Harry shrugged. "I guess Ginny still has it."

"Hm. Interesting piece of work, that charm. Guaranteed to be right every time." He smiled.

"Good day, Mr. Potter. Mr. Weasley."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Ron? Harry? What are you two doing here?" Hermione sprinted down the hall and threw herself into Ron's arms, kissing him soundly. Behind her, a couple first years stopped in their tracks, their jaws dropping open.

Quickly she pulled away. "Run along now," she said, her face red, as she tried to salvage her dignity. The first years scampered out of sight.

"When did you get here?" she continued. "How long are you staying? Oh my goodness, you didn't cut school did you? Ronald Weasley, that is the most irresponsible-"

Ron silenced her by kissing her again. She relaxed, then playfully swatted him.

"Anyway, I can disguise that I'm glad to see you."

"What Hermione?" Harry said, faking hurt. "I don't get such an exuberant greeting?" Hermione laughed, then hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"That's all you get. I'll leave the rest up to Kyla. Did she come with you, too?"

"No," Harry said. "She's in America, visiting her brother. Is lunch served?" he asked, changing the subject. "I'm starving."

Ron quickly agreed and they started down the hallway, Hermione with her arm wrapped around Ron's waist; his arm was around her shoulders.

"How've you been feeling?" Ron asked quietly.

"Not too bad," Hermione responded with a soft smile.

"It's just like old times," she added as they entered the Great Hall which was still fairly empty of students. "Does McGonagall know you're here?"

"Yeah," Ron replied. "We stopped off first to let her know we were here for the weekend."

"Good. Well, you'll have the opportunity to join us at the staff table, or if you prefer, you can take lunch in your room."

"You know what, I'm not so hungry anymore," Harry said. "I think I want to walk around for a bit and see a few places."

Hermione smiled. "Alright, Harry. We'll see you later."

"Bye." Harry watched them walk away, so clearly in love that it made his heart ache. With a sigh, he ducked out a side door and ran straight into Luna Lovegood.

"Ouch! Sorry, I wasn't watching my-Harry Potter?"

"Luna? How've you been?"

"I'm great! What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Ron and I are up visiting Hermione."

"Has Hermione told you the news?"

"News?" Harry said. "What's going on?"

Luna held up her left hand to show off a ring.

"Congratulations!" Harry said. "When did Neville ask you?"

"Oh, I asked him," Luna said dreamily. "Over Christmas. It was so wonderful. . .Anyway, I've got to get down to lunch. See you later, Harry!"

Harry watched her go on down the stairs, humming to herself. He furrowed his brow, then shrugged. Luna had always been rather. . .unorthodox.

As he wandered around the school, he felt a wave of sadness. This place had once been his home, but now it felt unfamiliar and different. He had changed. The classrooms, the teachers. It was all there, but he had no part in it.

"So many memories," he said, aloud. Yet that's all they were. Memories. There was nothing solid about them and trying to hold onto them wouldn't help him any. They had happened long ago and had helped shape him into who he was and just like that, they were gone.

"Harry?" He turned his head and saw Blake coming towards him. Hurriedly, he brushed away the tears that had sprung up unnoticed.

"What are you doing here?" Blake asked.

"Ron wanted to see Hermione. I came along for the ride."

"Have you seen Ginny yet?"

"No, why?" Harry asked, puzzled.

"It was so weird. She mentioned that you'd be coming by, but when I asked, she said she didn't get a letter or anything, she just knew. . ." Blake laughed. "Well, then again, maybe it's no that strange. Would you like to come with me to see her?"

Harry shrugged. "I guess."

Blake led the way down the hall. "She's in potions now, but she should be finished soon."

"Can I ask you something?" Harry said as they walked down the stairs to the dungeons.

"What is it?"

"You're. . .well, to put it plainly, I wasn't too happy about you dating Ginny. In fact, I was downright jealous. But you've always treated me like a friend. Why?"

Blake cast his eyes down. "You know yourself how special Ginny is. I've told her that I think I'm in love with her. Do you know what her response was? That I needed to wait for her to say it first."

"I know what that's like," Harry said, ruefully.

"I trust Ginny," Blake said. "I trust her completely. I know that she would never do anything behind my back. And I know how important you've been to her, and it wouldn't be fair for me to take that away."

"Blake. . .when I found out that Ginny was dating you, I decided to hate you. I don't know now. I mean, since I can't have her, at least she has you."

"I understand," Blake said, as they stopped outside the Potions room. If I lost her to you, at least I know she'd be happy."

Harry laughed with only a twinge of bitterness. "I wouldn't worry about that. She made her opinion of me perfectly clear last year."

"Yes, but Harry, don't be afraid to be her friend. She needs you. Just. . .just don't get too close to her. I don't know if I could stand it."

"I know what you mean."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=52002