The Dishonour Of It All! by wendelin the wierd
Summary: Everywhere people raise their glasses in a toast to Harry Potter. How many of them do the same for Hedwig? Owls can burn with jealousy too.
Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 859 Read: 1760 Published: 06/18/06 Updated: 06/21/06

1. Hedwig by wendelin the wierd

Hedwig by wendelin the wierd
Author's Notes:
Well, this is my first 'creature' fic. I had originally thought of writing it as a diary entry but there were so many fics like that!

I love reviews!



I preened myself as I sat in my favourite place in the owlery. There is a lot of competition here for the best places, you know, and of course the most comfortable go to the most important owls. I do feel sorry for that poor little barn owl which nests on the lowest beam, though.





Now, my place is warm and comfortable, but then again, I am the daughter of Drea herself! She used to be the queen of all snowy owls until they started getting hunted down for their feathers. That was sad, that was. And they put me in a cage too! And took me too this nasty place called Eyelops. As if that’s a good enough name for a shop. And they put me, the daughter of Drea in a cage! The dishonour of it all!





But not long after this really tall man came and bought me. I was afraid then of course but he gave me to this sweet faced boy who looked like he liked me. And it was then that I knew I had met my master. His name was Harry (Or at least that is what I heard the giant call him.)





Hogwarts is fun of course, but it has been very dangerous too. From the start my master went where he isn’t supposed to. Why just the other day he tried breaking into a forbidden room. That inquisitive boy. Always poking his nose into things, especially dangerous things. That’s what I had thought that time.





But I realized that he didn’t poke his nose into dangerous things, he couldn’t get out of them! I can’t believe he actually fell for a scheme to get him punished by a slytherin. Honestly, if I could get my hands (Or rather beak) on that pale, pointed faced scum…… But no… my master’s bossy friend had to stop me! Some nonsense about ‘breaking school rules’. As if an owl was bound by school rules!





But she didn’t even let me scratch him. Surely a tiny little peck wouldn’t do much harm…….





Anyway I had to watch as he ran everywhere trying to get into as much trouble as he could. If only owls could talk. But he and his friends found out about the Philosopher’s Stone and they all went and tried to get themselves killed as fast as possible and they left me behind!





Well of course, I didn’t know what was happening till his friend came back and told me to send a letter to Dumbledore. I flew and flew all the way to London to fetch him only to find out that he wasn’t there.





And when I returned, there my master was, grinning happily, enjoying a feast with his friends. When I heard what he did I was so proud. And of course I told it to the barn owl on the beam below me but he didn’t believe a word of my story till he heard it from another barn owl. As if I, Hedwig, daughter of Drea would ever tell lies! The dishonour of it all.





Well, there I was again in a cage but my master promised to let me out as soon as we got home. I looked at him pityingly, if he thought that those Muggles with whom he lived would allow him to let me out he was mistaken. They even forgot to feed me! I, Hedwig, daughter of Drea wasn’t fed. The dishonour of it all!





But then after a few weeks we went back to that giant old castle. I was so happy and Dumbledore himself slipped me a packet of owl treats when he came into the owlery. Finally I am being treated the way I should be, I thought to myself smugly.





Then the barn owl Tom told me that a screech owl had told him that a barn owl had told her that a snowy owl had told him that a thestral had told her that there was a Basilisk in the school!





Well, I knew at once of course that my master would have to go chasing after it and nothing that I hooted would be of any use. So I told the barn owl to tell the screech owl to tell the barn owl to tell the snowy owl to tell the thestral to notify Dumbledore immediately! But could the thestral do that? No. Why not? Because apparently he had some ‘work’ to do. I tried reaching Dumbledore but this stern looking woman chased me away by trying to swat me with a newspaper. She tried to swat me, Hedwig, daughter of Drea, with a newspaper! The dishonour of it all.





Well, it turned out I was right in the end and my master killed that Voldy guy once again and emerged a hero! All the other owls looked up to me even more than usual. But did anybody credit me, Hedwig, daughter of Drea, for finding out about the Basilisk first? In simple words- no.





The dishonour of it all!


This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=52874